Speaker 1: You're listening to Big for the Society, and I'm Jeremiah Byron. In this show, we go beyond the campfire stories to bring you first hand encounters from people who say they've seen something impossible. From backwoods trails and remote mountain haulers to quiet farms and crowded highways. The stories come from everywhere, and each one leaves us with more questions than answers. These are the voices of the people who've lived it. To settle in, because today you'll hear another account that just might change the way you see the woods forever. So stay with us, all right, Big for Society. I've got the privilege of talking to a gentleman tonight. His name is Arturo. He's from the South Oregon area. He's a truck driver. He's got some really interesting things he's experienced over the years, and we've been kind of going back and forth for a bit, but his info came out of nowhere, and I'm glad I'm actually able to talk to him on air now. And Arturo, how are you doing tonight, sir?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Pretty good, fantastic And the road is treating you well out there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's not the time of the year to really build the snow and ice and all that. So summertime is a high mileage, good base. So I really enjoy the spring and the summer, fall and winter and whin. I gotta be a little more cautious with other drivers and road conditions, but right now it's a great time of year to be driving truck.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, just you in the open road sounds great. Well, Arturo, You've got some really interesting things to share. We talked a little bit earlier today and the stuff that you told me then, I was like, Wow, this is going to be a very unique one. I'm excited to get into it. So Arturo, I'm gonna let you go ahead and take us where we need to go with what you've experienced.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, it's going to be a two part thing. The first part will be my personal experiences and what happened to me back in twenty two, and the second part will be account of the story of I know what happened in southern Oregon. But I guess I'll start with the twenty ten My personal experience. I've always been a kind of heavier set guy. I was like about two hundred and fifty pounds since high school and a couple of years before my incident, I had been a really bad car wreck and I ended up being in intensive care for a long time and bedridden for a couple of months and like, you know, whole year of therapy just be able to walk good again and all that. And during that period, I'd put on about another one hundred pounds. I was really large, up like three hundred and fifty pounds, and my health became a big concern for me. And I've always been kind of into like pushcraft and survivalism, and you know, since I was a kid watching terminator and you know, things like that, and like, you know, a lot of things like that, and then but I really into the wilderness and outdoors. So I decided, for the better my health, was gonna start doing some you know, short hikes and maybe getting out and practicing a little bushcraft. So I started to do that. In southern California and this area between Orange County and Riverside County, there was a road that kind of divided into two counties on this mountaintop, but below that in the valley there was a couple of creeks with small waterfalls and things like that. There was a basically BLM road that went up into the area. So I started going there as far as I could drive, and then i'd park my truck and I was doing these short hikes about three quarters of a mile in and I'd hang out the creek and you know, mess around the bushcraft and practicing doing like bow drill and hand drill, starting fires and different things like that, do some woodcarving, and I was doing that for a while, and then eventually there's too many accidents on that mountain of people, mostly like high school kids partying up in the hills and driving off the edge of the sides of the mountains and lay it to a couple of fatalities. So they closed the road down where I used to drive in to get to that area. So then it became a thing of you know limitation on the If I was going to hike in there, it became about about five and a half to maybe six and a half mile hike to get to that area where I was hanging out. So I decided to start, you know, hiking in and bringing a hammock so I could just stay overnight or hike in, hang out for the day, you know, have a little fun, stay the night and then hike out the next day so I wouldn't have to, you know, try to do a ten twelve mile hike in one day. So I started doing that for a while. Started building a pretty decent kind of permanent structure. But there was a small series of mines and caves and stuff over there where they used to look for I think they're looking for copper and over and different minerals and stuff. But they basically all ran dry and had got closed down. So the Forager Service had went in and put concrete and rebar up on all the interests to close them off. But I found one of those was a fairly good sized opening, and I noticed that there was constantly a draft that pulled into the cave. So I was like, you know, it's gonna be an awesome location to build a little permanent structure. So that's what I did, and had a little fire pit to the back I built, and really nice. I could have a small fire in there, and the smoke always draft into the tunnel and come up out the hill somewhere. So I fortified the entrance real good. It was built it real nice, and behind a big brushline. It was really hard to find the spot, and I always try to take different routes going to my little you know, hideaway. But at the time of doing that, I had this little Chihuahua mixed dog that I had gotten was a rescue my former employer. His wife was real big on resking every animal, you know, she'd find strays, bring him back and all this. But this little dog end up being a crazy dog and little tiny Chiwala just scared everybody. And they told me if I could take him for a couple of days, they could, you know, find an owner somebody'd be willing to take him. And the dog ended up just like just falling me around everywhere and bade me and everything. So I decided to keep that dog and solve the whole problem, and then I d having somebody to do my little hikes with me and stuff. But the dog really didn't like anybody or listen to anybody. Anybody got within ten fifteen feet of me or anybody at my house, he'd start growling and barking and you know, just pull Chihuahua yapp and thing. But I started to notice when we were hiking in when we got to a certain point where there was this ridge My dog would always get distracted and he'd put his ears up, like if i'd call whistle for the dog, whatever you get here, you know, he put his ears up. He'd look around and he'd run right at me. And he never did that for anybody else, like ever, not even the people who live with me. He just wouldn't respond to anybody. But I started noticing we get to this point, he'd put his ears up like if I was calling him, and he'd just go running off in the bush, go trying to get up to that ridge up there. And I started bothering me, like, what is this dog hearing? It's like attracting him so much that he's just completely disobeying my commands, you know, running off. So you know, I started, you know, kind of watching him more, and I got to the point where he was just like he'd take off and he'd be gone for like an hour. I just continue hiking towards my little bushcraft shelter I built, and I just got really annoised this. I started putting him on a leash when we go past the section, and I started to realize that, like, whoever time we go to that section, besides the dog acting, you know, completely out of the ordinary, just completely you know, different from his normal day to day. I started noticing I always had this sensation of you know, being watched, you know, and then I started thinking, oh, well, maybe somebody else has a camp there. Maybe it's you know, there there was some transient and homeless people in the area that used to camp out there, but they're more down the valley towards all where the massive amount of citrus, orange groves and grapefruit were and things like that, so I wasn't really thinking it was that. And then I thought, you know, it's just a weird feeling. And one day in particular, we were walking in the ridges above me to my left side, and it was probably about sixty seventy yards up the side of this hill was a real steep cliff. As I was walking, it was a real quiet day, like hardly no wind, nothing, and everything got real quiet, and I started actually hearing like leaves rustling and things like that. And then at one point I saw a couple of little small rocks like rolled down the well. So it caused me to look up to my left and I realized that my dog was already staring up at that direction. The whole time we were walking, So I started really paying attention to that ridge to the left of me. So I'm just like walking ahead and just kind of focusing to my left the whole time, and I'm really getting that eerie feeling of just being watched. So I just come to a complete stop. I started glancing the ridge, and then that's that's when I saw him, right. And you know, I've heard a lot of things about, you know, Bigfoot being this big giant, you know, gorilla ape and type things like that. What I saw was nothing looking like a Bigfoot, you know. And the way, the best way I can explain it is like I grew up in the early eighties watching wrestling and Halgain and all that, and I kind of pictured it. It'd be like Andrea the Giant that they had from wrestling back in the day. But it looked like Andre the Giant with like totally straight hair, not curly hair. The hair was had like a light red tint to it, but with a lot of gray hair, like an old man. But it looked like a caveman, you know, like not with like you see with like the loincloth, you know, patch of animal for over him. Carrying a club. It just looks kind of like a Neanderthal, but just like really huge, like Andrea the Giant. So I stopped. I'm like staring at it, and I'm like, so the fuddo, I'm so confused on what I'm seeing. I just start to slowly just keep walking forward, and I'm staring up at the hill and what I'm seeing starts to walk forward too, and it's and it's staring right back at me, and my dog is full eye contact. I'm walking almost like twenty thirty yards staring up the hill as the thing I'm watching goes to where there's like a clearing of trees and it's not such a wide open part of the ridge. The thing I'm watching is watching me so intently, just like I'm watching him. The thing I'm watching walks right into a tree branch that was right at its head level and just smacked it in the head. And so I was like, what I saw the whole tree shape real bad, and the thing let out this roar like a yelped like like I tried to explain my one buddy. It's like, you know, like you're walking down the hallway, you know, the middle of the night you get have to take a leak, and you're walking down the hallway and you just stub your toe, you know, just like unexpected pain out of nowhere, and you're like, oh, you know, you know, he's let out a sound, you know, and it was kind of like that, and then it looks stunned, and then it and it looked away from me, looked at the tree branch. It put its left arm up to where his left arm was like level with its eyesight, almost grabbed the branch and it just bent it all the way back, snapped it off and kind of squirted it away a little quicker, and it just disappeared. And then no more sound, no more nothing. And I was so confused. I kept trying to just play back in my mind of what I just saw, and I really started thinking about it, and like the way the body was, I just kept thinking, like, you know, like this is like a really old, like really obese man, you know, like I'm a big guy walking out there, I'm struggling to make this hike all the time, you know, and I'm seeing this other creature that looks way very very old and very very heavy set too, but with a lot of muscle. And what I remember when I was looking at it. I used to work at a animal shelter probably three or four years prior to that, and we had a dog that came in that we had a quarantine and kind of putting its own separate kennel out in the field in a different area and all that. And I'm like, well, why's that dog out there? And they say, oh, well, that dog has made uh it's real highly contagious. You know, the other animals can get it real quick. We gotta keep them separate. You know. If we go in there to feed them, we have to bleach the things down. I have to wear rubber boots and gloves and everything's got to get bleached to sanitize. But I remember about the dog having kind of like big patches of fur missing that looked all like scratched up and kind of scabby. And that was the same thing that I saw on you know, where I referred to was under the giant and I had I just remember having big patches of like where it had been like scratching at itself to where like the fur was gone and it was just like raw, kind of scabby, you know, nastiness underneath it, and it just looked like in such poor health. Like it was like, you know, I'm out there struggling, and you know, and I see this other thing and I and then I was thinking, is this thing always following me? Because you know, he's feeling sorry for me trying to getting up this ridge, up this hill all the time? Was there like a sympathetic thing, you know, like when I walked through, he walks through just to you know, see if I can make it or is he you know, somehow kind of like sublimly like encouraged me to keep going every time that I'm you know, struggling trying to get through, and basically, you know, he went over the ridge, I lost sight of him, and then uh, I had to spend it like the next three or four hours almost like trying to figure out how to get up to that spot where I saw the thing, you know, And it was very difficult as a high steat ridge. So I had a micing it, hiking ahead about a quarter mile trying to find a way up, couldn't find nothing where I could because it's so vertical steep. I couldn't get up there. So then I had hiking back about a quarter mile backwards, and I found a little small kind of game trail, but was still pretty steep, but I was able to get up the hillside by just like pulling on the roots of different trees and little shrubs. I got myself up there, and I got to the spot where he had smacked his head on that branch and just reached up and just broke that whole branch. And the first thing I noticed that that branch was like four or five inches stick. You know. It was a very bottom branch of the tree of a big, big tree, so it was a nice stick branch. And I was thinking, how did it snap that? And then I went closer, got up there, and I was trying to grab it to see, you know, just how stiff or whatever the branch was. That's when I realized that the branch was so high up. You know, I'm only five ten, and I put my arm up as high as I could put it up, so that I don't know if that's another foot and a half up or so, and I couldn't even touch the branch. I had to pull out my little hiking stick, the telescoping one I had, and with it just like one slot like halfway out, so I had had about another foot and a half or so. It's you know, the height of my arm. I was able to smack that branch, and it was a live green tree. Where the break was, it looked really fibrous. You can see like the fibers in the tree like splintering open, and even had like a slight bit of sap kind of oozing out by then, but.
Speaker 1: It was a totally fresh tree big so a society will be right back after these messages.
Speaker 2: And then I started thinking about like when I'm doing bushcraft, and sometimes I don't feel like really soalling through material to build for you know, certain structures or for just firewood or kindling whatever. A lot of times I'll find a tree or two trees next to each other or kind of wedge into v shape, and I'll take dead standing wood that I find, it's maybe two three inches in diameter, and I'll wedge it down between the tree and then I use my upper body to press against it and then kind of use a pendulum. You'll use a little leverage to just snap the tree. But that only works on dead trees. You know, if it's something live green tree, you're gonna be pulling at It's just gonna aband and bend and not snap if anything is gonna you know, shove me back on the ground. So then I was just so confused about that. I didn't know what to do. I just looked everything start stared there for a while. Realized it was already getting pretty dark at that point because it took me forever to get up there, and I'm like, well, either I had to keep going forward to get to my shelter or head back to the truck. And I just didn't really didn't feel like staying there with only having a Ruger ten twenty two rifle on me, and that's I used to carry a survival knife a bushcraft night from the Rugerten twenty two, but that was mostly used for just planking and squirrel hunting and rabbit hunting. I just had like a big fear of me whatever this thing was able to, you know, just completely snap that branch that by twenty two was going to do nothing. So I decided to leave and I hiked back out. And that's basically the the first half of my encounter with Andre.
Speaker 1: Just really interesting. This is a very unique account. You would say I haven't gotten many like these. I'm just going to refer to as Andre. Was Andre wearing any clothes then, or was it like pretty much nothing? Okay?
Speaker 2: Nothing?
Speaker 1: You mentioned at one point there was fur this individual. Was it covered with fur or hair or what did you notice in that?
Speaker 2: It looked like kind of like my old high school gym teacher, like he'd take his shirt off and he just had his hair his whole body. But the thing, it was crazy. I've never seen somebody with that much hair over their chests and their arms and their neck and all that without you know, it's always like curly hair. All this hair was straight. It was a lot of hair over the whole body, except for like over the pecks of the chest, like where the nipple would be. It was kind of bald right there, and then on the center like where the belly would be kind of kind of balding right there. But all the hair was straight. There was no curly hair. It was all real straight, really fine hair.
Speaker 1: Gotcha. Is there a color that kind of stood out about Andre?
Speaker 2: Well, if anything, I would say it was kind of like a reddish brown, but kind of like like if you have like a chocolate lab or something. But it was like that, but like if it was really aged, like very old, like if a lot of that hair had already turned like gray and white. You know, like if it was younger, it would have been like looking like a chocolate lab But it just looked so old, like a lot of the hair had turned gray and it was really faded.
Speaker 1: You know, how tall would you say it was.
Speaker 2: For the higher the head where that branch was, I'm just estimating probably about eight and a half foot up to where that branch was where it smacked its head on.
Speaker 1: Definitely, did you notice anything about the arms, the arm lengths, anything like that.
Speaker 2: Well, when he put his like forearm up to put his hand on the branch to like push the branch out of the way that it smacked its head on, the arms still had like really huge muscles in the arms. It was like, you know, it was, you know, like Schwarzenegger back in the day, but just like a lot of hair. It looked extremely muscular, but at the same time it looked like if it was like overweight. You know, now, I'm a big guy, you know, so I was just like kind of judging off myself of you know, how my body structure looks. You know at that time being about three point fifty and prior I did do a little bit of wrestling in MMA fighting. I did use to train, but I never got extremely yoked. You know. I was never a bodybuilder, but I know it's like to have some muscle mass with fat over it and just kind of looking from what I saw compared to that height to the like the build of my body and all that. You know, I was honestly nothing had weigh you know, seven hundred pounds or something, or eight hundred pounds at least, you know, but I did. I did see a lot of good amount of muscle, you know.
Speaker 1: Okay, Yeah, were there any points where it was walking and you saw the arms they were kind of like down by its side at all.
Speaker 2: Almost the whole way that it was walking, the arms were, you know, hanging down towards the waist. It never put its arms up until it hit the tree branch. The whole time I was walking, I was just kind of like walking with his arms down on his side, but they were kind of slightly swaying maybe back and forth about a foot foot and a half or so. But it wasn't like swinging its arms as it was walking. It was just kind of just swaying them side to side as it was facing me.
Speaker 1: And if you had to imagine, like, let's imagine the hands are, you know, the arms are by the side it's walking. How far down would the tips of the finger on the hands go. Are they going above the knee or are they going way down the leg past that?
Speaker 2: Probably like choosing knee.
Speaker 1: Okay, interesting, hands were massive. Were the hands covered with with fur or hair or could you see like the actual fingers?
Speaker 2: And I could I could see, I could see fingers of the hands, you know, and then I couldn't really see fingernails though. But I do remember when it put its forearm in front of it to grab that tree, it looked like his fingers almost touched each other on the other side of the tree branch when it was going to break it, because the side I was looking at, I was on the side that the I was between him and the tree branch, you know. So he put put his arm up, his fingers went around the branch, and on the other side it looked like his fingers almost touched. And when I went up there, that tree branch was you know, four or five inches stick. You know, maybe six inches. I thought I was six with probably four or five inches stick. And as I'm sitting there, I'm holding the handle of the little walking stick that I got, and it's kind of like a bicycle grip size, you know, And I'm holding onto that in my hand, and I'm looking at it like me and my fingers wrapped around my thumb, touch my you know, index finger and my thumbs barely touching there, hold on that bike grip thing. And I'm looking at that thing, and I was thinking, how big is a hand have to be to go around that big old piece of tree and touch the fingers? You know? Oh?
Speaker 1: Absolutely? Did you notice I don't know if you got the chance to count, but how many fingers it had on each hand?
Speaker 2: I looked it just looked like a normal human hand, kind of like it did look like it had a thumb and five, you know, four fingers. You know. I didn't see any look like extra or less that I could tellence look like kind of like a human.
Speaker 1: Hand, got it. You mentioned there was a time when you were actually having prolonged eye contact as you both were walking. Did you so I would imagine that you're able to you were able to look into the eyes. Do you remember were there any whites to the eyes at all or was it maybe all dark?
Speaker 2: No, it was like really yellow. Kind of remind me of we had a neighbor for a while that was a really bad alcoholic and you had all kinds of kidney failure and he was constantly like going in for a dialysis and you know, filter in his blood off machines and all that. But I don't know what they it was, what it was called, but he had something that when your kidneys go bad, stops filtering. But uh, your eyes go all yellow and kind of red like bloodshot looking right or was it not jaundice or I can't remember what it was called. Uh, but it looked like my neighbor that was like the bad alcoholic, just really yellow eyes, and the pupils were just like solid like dark brown or black, just really yellow and just looking like sick, like you know. I didn't see no bright white at all.
Speaker 1: Okay, were but it definitely had a pupil, yes, Okay. Did the head have a shape to it at all?
Speaker 2: It looked just like Andre the Giant from wrestling from back in the eighties as far as like the way his forehead came down and like his eyebrow line how it kind of came out, and like the kind of wier nose on his face and everything like really similar to like Andrea the Giant.
Speaker 1: So definitely from what I'm hearing, I'm hearing not like a conical shape head, just like a big old head.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 1: Interesting, what kind of neck did this I have?
Speaker 2: It was really short. It was like almost like the head was just like right on the collarbone, like there wasn't I didn't really see too much of a neck at all.
Speaker 1: Did you notice any details about the forehead or the the area above the eyes when you were looking at it, Just.
Speaker 2: How the forehead kind of came down and then where the eyebrows were be it looked like, you know, like the bones like around the eye socket were like kind of like overemphasized, like you know, they were really large, like behind where your eyebrows would be like if almost there was like a finger like under the skin. You know, they were like, you know, not like a roll of pennies, but it was like, you know, just something way larger under the eyebrows that made that part of the lower part of the forehead stick out so far.
Speaker 1: It sounds like definitely a pronounced brow ridge, kind of like when you see those old movies with Neanderthals and you just got that really large bone structure right above the eyes where just kind of a roll of pennies is a good way to say it. Did you notice anything out of the ordinary about the nose?
Speaker 2: Just that it was wide, That was about it. And there was no hair on the nose at all. I didn't see any hair on there or no hair coming out from the nose either, And there was like no like mustache. Really. All the hair was from like the lower lip downward and kind of high up on the cheeks, but there was nothing on the nose or the upper lip as far as hair was.
Speaker 1: The nose smushed like it'd been smushed against the face.
Speaker 2: I remember it being really broad and wide, and it wasn't really sticking out far for as white as it was. You think it'd be like, you know, kind of proportionate like with the length, but it wasn't really sticking out that far compared to how white it was.
Speaker 1: Had nostrils like hooded, Yeah, yeah, gotcha. Anything out of the ordinary with the mouth, was it was it wide? Anything you noticed it wasn't too overweight.
Speaker 2: But I kept remembering trying to look to see if I could see teeth, and then especially when it yelled, it opened its mouth, but I didn't see teeth. I was trying to see if it had like animal teeth or like human teeth, but I just never saw teeth. I remember I kept looking trying to see if I could see teeth, but I just never saw teeth.
Speaker 1: Okay, interesting, So there was never a like bearing teeth at you or anything like that.
Speaker 2: No, No, the only the whole time it was just like I don't know if I like being watched, like if he was watching me, like you know I had like a security guard following me, or if he was just watching me to make sure I wasn't like a threat, you know, just like he was doing security you know, like he's the one like, hey, you need I see you, like you better stay back, you know. But I never during that whole incident, I never felt any threat. And even when he yelled when he hit his head, I didn't get scared, like he was.
Speaker 1: Yelling at me big for society will be right back. After these messages, I.
Speaker 2: Could tell that obviously he was just he yelled at the tree like he was at the tree like stud your dough. You know. It's just like an outburst, you know, from pain exactly, you know. But it wasn't directed. It wasn't he wasn't looking downward towards me when he yelled or anything. It was directed towards me at all. So I never got that fear of, oh, you know, he's coming for me, you know anything like that.
Speaker 1: Sure, different creatures have different ways of walking, right, every everything has its gait, its way of walking. Did you notice anything about the way that the Andre creature was walking that You're like, man, that is really unique. There's something different about the way that it's moving.
Speaker 2: I just noticed that when it it started to walk. After like I was just looking around and I first spotted it when it first started to pace me. When I when I was like what and I started to walk and I was staring at it. Then when it first started to walk, it was limping, like if it was favoring one leg over the other, like a lot, like if one leg had an injury or something. You know, like if you like you got a cast on one foot, you know, with the one was walking boots or whatever, and you're just like walk in anyways. But you know one's not working, right.
Speaker 1: I gotcha, I gotcha. Uh did it have good posture at all? Or was it you know, no.
Speaker 2: It was kind of kind of slunched over a bit, you know, wasn't It wasn't really like humped back, you know, like not tre dome, you know, but it looked like it was the whole time. It was slunched a bit forward.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's that's really interesting. So Artura, this is this is such an interesting one, and I almost have to ask, like, do you think you were looking at a bigfoot or a sasquatch or do you think you were looking at something else?
Speaker 2: Uh? The whole thing of bigfoot and sasquatch never really came to my mind until I started doing research. But what I thought, really, I thought I saw a caveman or like a giant, right because thinking to Andre the giant. So I started doing a lot of research on giants, you know, and I got found out about giganticism and things like that, and I thought it was maybe that for a little bit, But then a lot of the research I was looking at that most people with giganticism don't live that long because they're you know, pituitary glands whatever their body is like overgrowing so quick that they most people die like in their twenties or thirties, you know, and this thing was really old man's status, you know, like there was you know, a normal human had there been eighties or nineties, you know, maybe pushing a hundred. So I'm like, there's no way this could be a person with gigantism because they die so young, you know, because they're the way their body overgrows and they just can't handle it and their heart gives out. So I was looking at that, and then I started getting these stories about the giants that were found on Catalina Island and some of New Mexico in a cave that the natives had battling for a while. And that kind of caught my interest because they said that those the you know, tribe of giant people that the locals had been fighting, had red hair, big red beards and long red hair, and what I saw had kind of that reddish chocolate hair. So that so I started, you know, I started going down that path, you know, trying to find out about you know, these giants that had been supposedly you know fighting the natives, and they cornered him in his cave, and instead of losing anybody else, they built a big giant fire in front of the cave to smoke him out and you know, just kill them by you know, carbon monoxide poisoning or whatever. And so that kind of led me down that path for a while. And then and then from that it started turning towards cryptids, you know, doing research kind of. And then Bigfoot came up quite a bit of times, but I never really just put my figure on it, say oh I saw the Bigfoot, because in my mind, it's just, you know, was always a caveman.
Speaker 1: You know, it's extremely interesting. Did you ever look to see if there had been other sightings in that same area of things that are the ordinary like what you saw?
Speaker 2: Well, well, let me get to the second part of the Southern California thing. Oh.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, after that.
Speaker 2: After that incident, I'm gonna say probably I was almost like exactly about fourteen years ago to the day, almost my birthdays. We'll just say my birthday is this week, and it was the same week of my birthday in twenty ten, and I had made it out to my bushcraft shelters hang out overnight. And I was actually like in the middle of a breakup with the girlfriend and all that. I was like, you know, I'm just going to disappear for a while. I'm gonna go out in the woods, you know, unwine relaxed. So I got me a bottle of Jack Daniels and got me some mrs. For a couple of days, there's a freeze drive food. I'm like, you know, I'm gonna go hang out the creek. And I was out there in southern California has a lot of wildfires, you know, it's the same with Oregon where I'm at currently. But there was night that I was sitting there sleeping. I had just finished you know, hanging out, chilling and drinking, and I had a little portable bluetooth speaker with the MP three player that you know, you download the music whatever, and I listened to that and my battery died on the MP three player. So I was like, well, I guess that's a wrap. You know, it's it's time to go to bed. So I had laid down in the little raised bed I'd built in my shelter, and I had a small fire going in my shelter, but like in the cave entrance part to where you know, like I was saying, the smoke would pull away and all that, I just get a little little radiant heat, little light. But it was like a really hot night, so I wasn't really had a big fire going, so I could smell the smoke from my fire, but not really too bad. And I'd been laying down for about a half hours, almost asleep, and then I heard like a thump the side of my shelter. I was like, what was that? Is like if a bird flew into the side or something. And I was thinking, oh, well, there's a lot of owls around there, and there's a lot of bats from the caves around there, and I was like, way, be a howl or bird or something flew into the shelter. About a minute goes by, I heard another one, another one. Then it starts getting louder, and it's like a more faster, just like a rapid pace of things hitting the side of my shelter. I guess to the point where I could hear the things hitting my shelter and then kind of rolling the way down the slope. So I was like, so we're throwing rocks at my you know, at my spot. I was like, what the And by then I had already stopped carrying my Ruger ten twenty two and started carrying my glock to forty five APC with some heavy hard cast bullets, some buffalo boards, you know, plus beefs, you know, some bear stopping rounds, because they had only been a lot of spottings of mountain lions in the area and a couple mountain biers that had been attacked on the Orange County side of the mountain. So I had my pistol. I was like, you know, I'm gonna go outside, maybe just pop around off on the dirt, chase the people off, and then go to sleep. And then there became an urgency to it. Right as I'm like trying to debate whether or not to go out of the shelter and you know, maybe yell, scream a little bit or whatever, I'm like, all right, well, something's got to be done. So right as I'm like putting my headlamp on and turning the light on on my firearm, I go to stand up in the shelter and there's a pause for a minute and then it rock hits my shelter. That was so big it broke the wall down on the entry like could be the I don't know, the southwest corner of my structure, but the very outside corner there's a couple pieces of timber that came out further right. Things off on the outside, you know, hanging Europe or swimming in the creek, you know, hang up the shorts up pair to dry off or whatever. But a rock had got thrown out the shelter that was so big, so hard that it ripped that whole wall and my shelter open. So all of a sudden, I'm standing there and the whole left wall my shelter just gets ripped open, leans over and as the boards are like still attached together because I had used a pair of cord five fifty cord to lasso the walls together, but it hit hard enough or it ripped out all the pair of cord up and down the steam. The wall stayed intact, and it just ripped the wall open, like two feet three feet open. That's when I was like, what could possibly do that? Like you had to hit it with the truck or something. So I go swing the do open to go out of the shelter, and I looked to that side because that's where the wall came off. It was pitch black, nothing, and then I realized that there's a lot of smoke everywhere. I look back to the right that's going down the valley wards where the road is where I hike in, and I noticed that the whole hillside is on fire, all the way up the valley, all the way up the creek, where my whole path where I go to get in there is completely on fire. Then fire's coming up the hill. You know, it comes uphill a lot quicker than down here, but the fire's coming uphill towards me. So I freak out, get in my shelter. I throw on my this Alice pack I'd gotten from a buddy. Then Military is my favorite pack. But anyways, I throw my Alice pack on go out of the shelter. I'm looking around, looking around, trying to figure out what's going on. That's when I see this massive rock on the floor that's like over a foot maybe foot and a half a diameter, laying right outside on the side of the wall the shelter. And I was like, that rock is what broke the wall. And then I started thinking what could have thrown that rock. You know how that rock could have fallen off the hill, would have came down and hit the roof of my shelter. You know, it's all thrown from an angle from like from the creek. I'm looking at this big rock. I freak out. I see the fire getting closer. I'm just like screw this. Started going up the valley, up the hill towards where the dried out waterfalls were, and they had a rope that was tied to the side, and sometimes in the waters high the kids will go up there and swing off the rope and jump into the creek. But I knew if I got to where that rope was, I could pull myself up the dry waterfall and I'd beat to an area that was only grass and dirt, and there was no trees or shrubs, you know, nothing made her to catch fire. So I made my way over there, and I got over there, and I was having a lot of difficulty firing that rope. I was looking in a panic stake. You know, I'm already out of breath. You know. I just hooked it like a good you know, quarter mile, half a mile as quick as I could to get to that waterfall as the fire fall of me. Then I started noticing the hillsides around me. I could see some light from the fire trucks, and I didn't see a water dropping helicopter, but usually they wouldn't drop water at night. Usually the only fly in the daytime. So I'm like looking around, looking around. I finally find the rope, get up that little waterfall. I get to a dry flat spot and then I just sit down in the dirt and I'm watching the fire go up through the up through the little valley and then exactly where that band was when my shelter was. That whole thing just burst into flames ript roaring, and I'm sitting up there on the dirt looking watching my whole shelters burn to the ground. And then I was kind of just like shocked at all, man. I just all that work I've been putting into for you know, six seven months building that shelter, It's just burnt to nothing. And then I started thinking about, well, what through that rock. And then right as I'm thinking that, my dog does this thing where he just kind of starts flipping out, like you hears something. My dog goes taking off running again. I was like dude, get back here, get back here, and he goes taking off, running kind of towards the fire. And then I was thinking that was Andre. That had to have been Andre. That was, you know, throwing those little rocks at my shelter, trying to like warn me, and I was just ignoring it. So that's when it just threw that massive rock and just busted the whole wall down to tell me, like, hey, get out of there, you know, you gotta go. And then that's when I was like, that thing just saved me. A thing just saved my life, you know. Then I came over this like overwhelming like emotional feelings where like I almost busted down in tears, almost crying. I'm just sitting there and I just sat there on that ridge all night till the sun came up, watching the watching everything burned down. And that morning, once the sun was up real good, I was able to find a nice path to hike out, and hiked out and left and I've never been there since, and it's been almost about fourteen years since the day.
Speaker 1: That is incredible. I mean, it honestly sounds like Andre wanted you saved.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I can't if anything else that would have. You know, I was capable of doing that, you know, or would have done that, you know, just the physical ability of lifting the rock that large and throwing it so hard that it busted a whole wall off my shelter. You know, I built that thing well, you know.
Speaker 1: Absolutely. Is there a reason that you haven't been back in fourteen years or it just just hasn't happened.
Speaker 2: Well, after everything burned down, I was so confused about what Andre was and all that, you know, And I, like I said, never felt threatened by him. But I was like, well, if there's one, there might be more, And what if the other ones aren't looking out for me? You know, this was able to do so much stuff to help save me, protect my life. You know, how quick could one of those take my life? You know, all of a sudden, my forty five didn't seem like it was going to do anything, you know, so I just got real cautious and I was like, you know, I got to figure out what's out there, you know, And I started getting close to there, like, and I had a neighbor that worked in those orchards over there at the bottom of the hill, and we were talking about the fire. One day and he was an older bicycay, older Mexican guy. I'm half Mexican, and we were talking in Spanish and then he was telling me. He was like, oh and I saw him like, oh, I had a little, you know, a little cabin there and all that. And then he said, oh, we'll be careful when you're out there. And I said, well why and then he's like, oh, well, he said, you know, and that's when he said, he said, hey, you know, the the mountain people were there and all that, Like, were you talking about? You know, I didn't acknowledge anything of you know, what I saw Andre, And then he just said, oh, there's there's just some big scary people there, so we just we avoid that area. He's like, yeah, just be careful when you're out there. You know. That's the only reference that I heard from anybody of you know, anything being in that area.
Speaker 1: Wow, it sounds like sounds like you knew something was going on for sure. That is really interesting. I think this interview might open up so I'm not sure what to think about our turo. This is a really really interesting one to be interesting to see what the comments are like on this one.
Speaker 2: For sure.
Speaker 1: Man, I've never heard it described like that before. Just the way it looks. It's really weird. Thank you for sharing.
Speaker 2: No problem.
Speaker 1: The one that we were talking about before a few hours ago. That Yeah, that one is incredibly I want to hear the whole story of this one coming up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, Well fast forward to this Actually happened like at the beginning of the whole Rona deal and all that, you know, during lockdowns and all that. But prior to that, I had been working for a sanitation company doing porta potties and pumping out RVs and holding tanks and things like that for one of the larger companies in southern Oregon. But I had a pretty thorough background and off roading and things like that. And the boss found out that, you know, I had a lot of you know, skills with the equipment in you know, deep woods, sand trained, desert, snow mud, you know, the red clay, all kinds of stuff. And I was one of the newer guys and they had sent me on a call to where a lot of people had gotten stuck in the trucks because those trucks are pretty heavy, you know, most of them. We have about a thousand gallon holding tank and maybe four hundred gallon freshwater tank for cleaning the units out and refilling the water and all that. But they're pretty heavy. Most of them are only tool driving fibers get stuck everywhere. And the boss was just tired and paying toe bills to recover all these trucks. And then he said, hey, one of the guys said that, you know, you know your you know your way around off road and all that, and I said yeah, and he said, hey, we got a bunch of units toilets. This guy had that paid his bill in months, and we sent a couple of people out there to pick them up. But everybody gets stuck trying to get out there. You know, you think you could do it. So I went out there and lower tire pressure, used low gears and everything, and with the two wheel drive three fifty, I got out there, got the units, bought them back, and then from that day on, after that first week of working, they're like all the rural mountain routes and all the four off locations, those became my routes. There was this valley in southern Oregon where quite a bit of grow sites and there's a lot of gold mines. You know a lot of claims out there, but it was all off four service roads and little plots of private property, but most of it was in the you know US Forestry Service and things like that, or off the edges of you know, state parks and stuff. So I ended up getting this route going out to these locations where basically you go to these locations, the directions would be, you know, three quarters a mile down this road and you see fork in the road, you know, look for the tree maker right, you know, go down to the you know, abandoned double wide, make a left. You know, they're all no addresses or anything like that. And I got real good at navigating out there, and over a point of about four and a half five year period of going out to these real rural sites where whether they're gold mining or growing, security is like of the utmost thing. Like everybody there's real, you know, real unfriendly to newcomers and outsiders and all that. And you know, people will start driving up the hill and a lot of the people they'd get on their CB radios start talking like, hey, there's you know, a white truck coming up the hill. You know, anybody expected visitors or we see a new vehicle or you know there's a sheriff on the highway or whatever it was. Everybody kind of watched out for each other because they all had their things going on, you know, legal or unlegal, but everybody was real hushed about it. But uh, no matter how tight security is, you know, everybody loves the guy. You know. That's one thing you need. You know, all those growth sites, gold mines, they all have porta potties or RVs that need to be pumped out, you know, so like you go up the mountain to service them. You know, some would be on a weekly basis and would be once a month, you know, depending on what was going on. But you know, being being the porta partty guy, you get access to a lot of spots where nobody's allowed it. You know. I became pretty close friends with a lot of these old timers up there, and one of them, uh we'll just say, uh, there are a lot of old like Vietnam vets and things like that, majority of them and a couple of Moon sinners up there. But uh, there's one gentleman in particular that when I used to go start services site, he had a old camper trailer that hadn't been from like the seventies or eighties falling apart, just you know, the whole roof was like three tarps, you know, glued on duck dape. He had this old Dodge pick up and uh, just really run down camp. But I'd go out there and he had a porta party that I would service, and then he also had his harve that i'd pump out, and when the winter had come, we'd get good enough snow and all that that that even the customers up there would have trouble getting out, so they kind of stock upon supplies for you know, a month and a half, two month periods sometimes where they couldn't get out either. And but basically the way to get service did either be on a set schedule or they'd call for service, and sometimes they wouldn't be able to you know, call for service. Whatever would be in the area, and if it was kind of customer we were used to going to, the boss would be like, oh, we'll swing by a X location see if they need service, you know, while I'm up there, you know. And at one point winter had started passing, and I came back up at the beginning of the next spring, and I noticed that that the whole guy. We'll just stay Whiskey Pete whatever, because he did his own shine, moonshine and all that stuff too. But Whiskey Pete. I go up to Whiskey Pete and he doesn't have this beat up old Dodge ram anymore in his nineteen seventies trailer. All of a sudden, he's got a brand new four F five fifty super duty four by four. His old beat up John Deere tractor he has. Now he's got brand new skid steer, like a forty foot big text trailer with a brand new Kbota tractor sitting on there, and really nice fifth wheel trailer, all brand like, all equipment, everything on the whole site was all brand new everything. And I'm like, hey, what's going on? Bro? I was like, I thought I was at the wrong spot, and I started talking to him and then he just told me, He's like, yeah, things have been crazy around here, you know, that's why, so why I came to meet you at the bottom. I was just sure who was coming up and their whole normal paranoid thing, and that's when I was kind of confusing. He came down with that brand new F five fifty. So I ended up going up there go to pump out his new trailer and all I'm looking around, like, dude, how did you get all this stuff? And then he told me he's just like, hey man, and a lot of the guys want to talk to each other a lot of things, but like everybody saw me as an outsiders, like you know, the safe guy, you know, the porta potty guy, so they confided me a lot of things. And he just tells me, he's like, hey man, I hit a vein. I said, what does that mean. He's like, dude, I found some gold. I was like, you say that every week when I'm up here, you know. And he's like, no, I found gold. I s how I bought all this stuff. And he's telling me that, yeah, I've already sent a lot of money to my family. And he's like, but yeah, I hit a vein. And I'm like, all right, well, cool man, congrats and all that stuff. And I was like, that was just a lot of equipment, you know, just that f I fifty. I was like, I don't know, one hundred thousand dollars truck, you know. And he was telling me, he's like, everything's paid in full. That's when I was like, man, man, he really did get lucky. And then when I really started like setting in and I'm like all right, well, you know it's gonna be a while before I see him again, I'm like, all right, well, you know, I dropped off a holding tank fir him. It's a large, like one hundred and fifty gallon tank you just put on the floor and run your RV to it for a little extra you know, storage to last through the snow. And then I was getting ready to leave and then the guy gave me a three hundred dollars tip, right, and I'm like sweet man, and he's like, yeah, you know, get something for the kids for Christmas. I'm like cool, man. I had a lot of customers who would dipped me twenty bucks here and there, or you know, hey, we're barbecuing, you know, you want some ribs or something like that. But I'd never really gotten any large tips before, so I was like, all right, cool. I pocketed it and anything, and I took off, went on route, started talking to other people. And as soon as I started going to the other pro sites and too the other you know, mining claims, everybody started drilling me questions right away, like hey, what did you see up there? What's going on? But I'm like, no, I went up there service for them. They're like, hey, did you see where you know? Where's the new tractor? Where's the people were asking all these questions like what's going on, dude, like for reals, and they said, oh, well, we know he found gold, but he's he's basically closed off the camp. Nobody's come up here with the camp for a while. He doesn't let anybody in anymore, like or like you're the first person who's been up there in the months. He doesn't let anybody in there anymore, and he barely gets on the radio to communicate anymore. And I'm like, oh no, I'm like I don't know. He's doing his thing or Whateverybody didn't really want to talk about it, and uh, I just finished the route whatever. Winter I end up wrapping up. I am not going up there for like about two months or so. I went back up there, and the gentleman, the same whisky Pete, came at me with the offer and he said, hey, man, I've been people who have been trying to rob me. You know. He's like, I can't even go down the mountain now without people stopping me, trying to rob me. And then I noticed that he had a AK forty seven pistol at draco just slung over her side and he just had it on him. And before that I'd see him carry a revolver once in a while, you know. But he was like really getting scared, you know. He was like really high up in intensity. And he told me, yeah, he's like I've been doing real good. And he said, hey, I need you to talk to your boss about something. He's like, you're the only person who can get up and down this mountain without question. And he's like, hey man, And he showed me this big concrete slab with it just looked kind of like a sludge and whatever shit on there, with some water on it. And he told me, he's like, hey, do you think your truck could pump this stuff up? I said, yeah, it's just you know, this is no big rock, so you know clogged the clogged the pump up or the valve. Yeah, you know, it sucked that into the tank. I was like, is that suwage or what? He said, No, it's uh, you know, he's like, it's tailings whatever, it's crushed. He said, there's golden here. So there's golden there. And he's like, yeah, it's not hasn't been cleaned out yet, but there's a lot of golden here. And the guy was trying to convince me to ask my boss if I could take a load up there, just pump out this big slab with the sludge and water on it, and then take it to a you know, undisclosed location. They said, they's gonna be probably about one hundred miles away, and then just dump out the whole holding tank. He said, yeah, come up here, empty, you know, close the takeout, clean it out, come up here. Just suck this whole ground up. Take it to the place. And he's I'll tell your boss, I'll give him five thousand bucks. I'll give you five thousand bucks. You know, it's one hundred mile drive. And I was like, that's good money, you know, sucking up this and I was like, this is really I'm staring at it. I don't see any gold in there, but he's telling me there's a lot of gold in there. So I'm like, yeah, I'll talk to my boss about it. Talk to my boss about He said, no way, we're not doing nothing with it, forget about it. I'm like, all right, cool, conversation done. I went back to the next week, told him, hey, I can't do nothing. You know, maybe call a different septic company and maybe can talk somebody else into it, but Boston can let me use equipment. He's like, all right, So that passes in. I'm really really like, man, this guy's really got a lot of gold going on. If he's trying to have it pumped into a sewage truck to transport it down the mountain without anybody knowing that, he's bringing gold out of his sight. So then I'm like, this is getting crazy with this guy. That's gold, right, He's got a lot of gold. You know. Me and myself, I went paying once or twice in the creek. I never even found a spectacle, not a flight, nothing, you know. So I'm like, all right, whatever. A little while goes on later and I'm maybe two three months passed. He doesn't call. He's a call for servers, AND's a call for servers, and there's my boss is like, hey, you know, why don't you go up there? Take a look. I go to go up there. The whole entry gate is like barricaded, off. He's got a bunch of big boulders in the front, and then his track parked behind the boulders. Like, there's no way I'm getting up there. So I'm like, all right, skip it, mark it off as a you know, lockate, no service, go leave. Winter comes around again, so now it's about a year since he's you know, hit a vein as he put it or whatever, and the boss says, hey, you need to go up there. We haven't services guy for a while. So I get up there. I go to service him, and the gates open, those bowlers are moved, and the tractor's just like off to the side, almost like in the ditch, like half in the ditch. I drive up there, look around. His whole camp is just tossed up. There's just equipment laid over all. His shipping containers are open, wide open, things thrown on the floor everything. I'm like, what's going on. I'm like, well, obviously, you know, I'm I'm hitting the horn. He doesn't come out, and I'm like, yeah, you know, something wrong here. I'm leaving. I turn around, I leave, I go to the next spot, and we'll just call this guy the preacher, right, So I go to the preacher's mining claim. Very religious man, and so is a whiskey Pete and I go over there, and I've never seen this guy take a sit for alcohol or smoke or anything the pastors. I go over the pastors. He's sitting on his front porch. This guy smashed. He just hammered, just like plastered, drunk, like what's going on? And you know, and he's just crying. He starts crying. He's like bawling crying. And he starts confiding in me that he feels so bad and he doesn't know if he's gonna get into heaven now because is what he's done and all this what's going on. And then he starts telling me that they lost communication with Pete for a while over the radio with everybody on the mountain, and they noticed that he wasn't coming out no more at all. So a couple of guys that were good friends of his decided to go up there. And they went up there and they found him dead in his fifth little trailer, laying in the bed dead, just like he had already been dead for like a week or two when they found him. You know, the whole trailer was already smelling like, you know, dead flesh. The body was like real bloated and all that, and they go outside and they're like, oh, well, we need to call the cops. You know, we need to you know, notify the family or call you know, paramics or somebody to come up, you know, come get his body and this and that. And one of the guys mentioned like, hey, well should we look around first, And the other guy said, what do you mean, Like, well, he's got allless gold. You know, it's got to be somewhere here, so we look for the gold first. So they decide, all right, we'll start, let's look real quick, and then we'll call. And I guess it became this thing where they're up at his at his at his spot, had his claim for like four or five weeks, carrying it up inch per inch, and that's where all that damage dress ball was, everything tossed over. They were looking for his gold because he had it, came down the mountain for months to cashing gold, and they know he was bringing a lot of golds, so they're like, this gold has got to be somewhere. So they're looking around, looking around, and they're thinking, but if it's under his bed, you know. So they told me that they literally rolled over his body on the bed. At this point, he'd already been dead for six seven weeks, you know, maybe two months at this point. They rolled his body over and fold the mattress in half so they could lift up under his bed and look under his bed for gold. They couldn't find any anything in there that was gold at all. So as they were putting the unfolding the mattress, putting it back, they noticed that he had his little notepad and his bible and his back pocket and he had his little bible he carried all the time. He'd write different things, highlight things in there and stuff and this little notepad and they're like, oh, the notepad. So they grabbed the notepad and the bible out of his pocket. They're looking through the notepad and they can't really find anything, find anything. And they go look in his bible and there's like a little passage written like a note to his son with the GPS coordinates, and he told us for his son. He's like, hey, I love you, you know, I'm sorry for things in life this and that, and he's like, but you know, go to the spot. This is Will change your life. So they read that and immediately thinking, this is where the guy buried the gold. This is the cordinate's right here, this is where the gold is. You know, there's a note for his son to get the gold. This is the gold. Let's go look. So they go back. The guy yanks his GPS out of his pickup truck. They start walking around the GPS they put the coordinates in and they find this spot that leads them to the GPS coordinates. They go out there with shovels and pickaxes, and there was a spot where you couldn't really get in with the a tractor or any equipment. It's kind of like on the side of a hill. They have to spot. They start looking around, looking around, and they got a metal detector too, and then they find this rock hammer. But he says, basically like the hammer one side is like it's a small hammer, like a little balping hammer kind of but on one side it's like a little pick and the other side is kind of like a ball being like a flat hammer or whatever. But they find this hammer like buried just like two inches under the dirt. So like, oh, this has got to be a you know X Marx spot, they move a hammer, they start digging. At this point, they'd already talked to a lot of other guys in the mountains, and now there's like six dudes out there, all from like fifty years old to like ninety years old. Bunch of really old dudes, old timers, digging with shovels and pick axes. They get down about three or four feet and they find a large bone and they're like, you know, did you know they knew he's had bottle with people trying to rob him. And they're like, well, you know, did he kill somebody who was trying to rob her, you know, and bury the body? And they're like, well, maybe it's not a human bone, you know, Let's keep looking. So they keep digging, and they start to find more bones and like, hey man, these bones are like really big, and they're like, well, like, well, maybe he buried the gold under the body, you know, thinking if somebody dug down and found a body, they're gonna stop digging and the goal is going to be under the body, you know. So they amongst each other they discuss it and they're like, all right, let's keep digging. They continue to dig a little bit more. And that's when they find the skull, and they realize that the skull is way bigger than the normal human skull and it's not shaped the same as a regular human skull. They get, they get, they get all real confused, and they're just discussing what to do, and then one of them just says it's fasquatch, and they all look at each other like no, and they're like standing at the skull, stare at the skull, and they're like, very it. Cover it back up, cover it back up. So they started throwing all the bones back in the hole, but all the dirt over it. They threw that rock camera at the bottom down where they'd found those bones, covered the whole thing up, left the whole mind, the whole site altogether. They never found any goals. All of them left and decided to like do a pack of secrecy that nobody's gonna discuss. That's what happened there is gonna wait for somebody else to find the body. They're not even gonna know acknowledge that he's dead. You know nothing. They were never there, you know, everybody you know, hush and uh. But basically, the you know, pastor of the creatures, you know, sitting there crying, balling, and just telling me about how he you know, he's going to go to hell because uh, you know, the guy was dead up there, and you know, they just hit it, you know, and let his body brought away and wasn't able to you know, the family wasn't able to grieve and bury him or anything, and just out of their pure greed for gold. And he started telling me how like you know, you know, once you once you get a little gold in your hand, he went more and more, and you know, the nugget is never big enough, you know. And he starts telling me about, like, you know, how he got addicted to gold mining, you know, twenty plus years before and I spent his whole life since. And he was just crying and balling, and I'm like, man, is this real? Like is this true? But then I was thinking about what ill with the whole campsite. Everything just ripped up and tore up. So I'm like, man, and I was like, you know, I'm like, well, why don't you call the cops or something? You know, it just anonys me. And then he said that one of the other guys had already called and that they had just been up there like the week before and took in the whiskey Peach's body. They had already just notified the Mexican and they're waiting for a Mexican to come out to the property and all that stuff, And it just kind of blew my mind that I was more blowing away to the greed of them having this dead body sitting there while they're tearing up this guy's property looking for golds, and then the whole thing of them like turning the body over to look under the bed for gold because they were so struck by having to find golds, you know, and the whole story of everything. I thought about it, you know, and I was like, that's crazy. And then I started thinking about this. I have a had fast watch on his property, Like did he kill a fast watch and bury it? You know? And then I was like, oh man, this is just crazy. After that, I told my boss. I was like, hey, man, I can't do that route anymore. You know, Uh, just tired dealing with customers, too far between locations, you know, I don't get home till after dark. I'm just I'm not going to do the route anymore. So I stopped doing that route and same thing. I've never been back since.
Speaker 1: Arturo. That's that's the wildest hold on. That's the wildest thing I've ever heard on this podcast. Do you think there's a buried sasquatch skull in that area?
Speaker 2: It could be or it really could have been, you know, just a larger person. You know, maybe he did kill somebody that was trying to rob him after he got all that gold, you know, or maybe you know, could have been a sasquatch. But then I was thinking back at it. At the beginning of his property, like in in southern Oregon, a lot of people have sasquatch stays, a little like wooden figurines, and they a lot of people have this thing. It's like a big cardboard cutout, like you get, like, you know, a four by ten sheet of plywood and they kind of cut out the outline like a big stancil of a sasquatch, and then they painted black or brown and they screw it on the trees. You know. I see it all over Oregon. At the beginning of his driveway to go up to Pett's place, he had one on each side of the driveway since before, like when I just started and and it said, you know, you know, keep out, beware, I'm watching, you know, all that stuff. But that wasn't a big thing because everybody in southern Oregon has some kind of sashquatch something, you know. And then thinking back to it, I do remember him a couple of times talking like, yeah, we'll be carefully there. You know, i'd be leieving kind of lady to be careful, you know, assquatch out in the woods, and you know, little quotes and stuff like that. But he never really told me Pacific p like hey, I've seen I've seen a squatch or I killed a squatch or anything like that. But it was kind of just kind of you know, common knowledge or just spoken normally, you know, in that general area. So I never really overfunk it, you know. But then after they say his tassquatch and all that, I started thinking back to like, yeah, he had a lot of big foot stuff on his property, you know, little wind chimes with bigfoot and just different little things, you know, bigfoot sticker on the side of his old trailer before he got the new one and all that. So I'm like, hey, he probably was a believer, But was he a believer because he found one and killed it.
Speaker 1: You know, man, so many I don't know, so many questions we will never get the answer to, absolutely never get the answer. I bet whiskey Pete has some wild big foot encounters up there on that mountain. My goodness, that wild.
Speaker 2: It's just like a wild West up there. Man, Like they like everybody's this sss you know, shoot shovel, shut up. And that could be everything from uh, you know, people sneaking on to the gross sites, getting caught in the gold mining clams. You know, they shoot you and they bury you. You know, it's like as common knowledge, like they never call the cops, you know, there's any problems beast between neighbors Hillside and the hillside. You know, I rarely hear stories of anybody calling authorities for any problems that's going on there. You know, they they take care of everything themselves. So the fact that there's somebody buried there wasn't really too much of a shock to me. But the fact that they said they was giant, and his skull was real huge and looked different. And then then they said, oh, well, the guys mentioned it's a taskquatch, and they're like, oh, they all panicked and just start burying it. You know.
Speaker 1: That's so wild.
Speaker 2: That kind of threw me off.
Speaker 1: Yeah, They're like, nope, we're not in this at all. Bury it up. That is so crazy. Can you even I mean, this is such an intense story. Can you even share what county it is in? Then?
Speaker 2: Uh? Well, we'll say it's uh an, We'll say like near the border of Josephine County in Douglas County.
Speaker 1: Gotcha, man, that's this is I got. I got.
Speaker 2: But I believed him because because I I had never seen that man smoke a cigarette. Do you know, I've never seen the preacher, you know, pastor do anything of mind altering anything. In years of going up there, you know, they'd even have little community to get togethers where they'd hang out and barbecue and everybody'd be sitting on shine or you know, hanging out, you know, smoking and whatever. He never touched anything. And that's time I up there and he was just belligerent, drunk, crying and all that. That's when I was like, man, this guy is serious. You know, something serious is going on. After I had just left the other place that was torn up, you know, and I'm like, you know, I was just believing like him word for word, you know that he doesn't seem like he's never seemed like a dishonest person in any sort, you know. And the worst part about all this is I heard from the next guy that took over that route. They'd sent one guy. He got lost everywhere, couldn't find any of the locations because they're real hard to find. So then they told me like, hey, you know, you want to do a ride along with the next guy who's going to take over the route, so you could show him the route. And I said, no, not really, I'm not going up there no more. And so they found another guy that worked with the company that used to do that route prior to me working there. They sent him up there, and when he came down the mountain, he was talking about the Yeah, the preacher committed suicide. I said what I said, I said, past like, pastor, I was like, you know, the well, you know whatever, the you know, the yellow car and this, you know, like that guy is a yain. He blew his head off shotgun. Nobody knows. Nobody knows why he blew his head off.
Speaker 1: He could he couldn't live.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, And I remember him just telling me how he's he's going to hell for, you know, desecrating that man's body and not calling the authorities, and you know, he was just crying and balling, and I'm like, I could totally see him doing that, just in a drunken stupor just you know, upset about what happened, and I could totally see that happening, you know, But I personally haven't not been back up there since. But you know, I that's what I heard, is you know pastor uh, you know, opted out, shall we.
Speaker 1: Say, Arturo?
Speaker 2: This is.
Speaker 1: It is, without a out, the most intense story I have heard in the last five years. And I don't even want to think of what's going to come from the comments on this one. I mean, I'm sure maybe other people know parts of this story that that you didn't know because it happened later, and man, who knows where this is going to go next? But Artaro, thank you for sharing what you've experienced over the years. This is absolutely wild.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've been wanted to talk about with somebody for a long time and since I lived out here in southern Oregon. Though when we first moved out here, we'd moved to Grasspath Oregon, right we first first moved up here, and they're like they have these big caveman statues around town, like the tow truck company is Caveman Towing, and the high school football team or like the Caveman or whatever. Like all this cave man stuff, I'm like, is just just rubbing it in my face. You know, Like when I moved away from Soak, I was just kind of trying to block out of my mind forget about it. I'm seeing all this caveman stuff, right, and I'm still on an impression that you know, hundred that I saw with some kind of caveman or some giant or you know, something like that. Right, And I see all this big foot stuff all the time. I'm like, hen, he's idiots believing in bigfoot, right, So I'm like the idiots with their bigfoot stuff, but I'm seeing all this caveman stuff. But I would sit back at you know, bonfires, hanging out, you know, capping with the boys, and I'd heard people kind of talk a little little stories here and there about bigfoot and all that. But you know, me personally, I'm you know, I still don't consider that I've seen a big foot. I saw something else, you know. But out here, it's like bigfoots just common knowledge. Some people, you know, you know, not out of ten would be like, oh, that's a myth and that's the greatest host of all times, and you know whatever, it's just serious. Say he's saying enough people everybody thinks it's true, you know, and then like one out of ten people like, yeah, yeah, they're real, Like oh my uncle had one at the back of his property, you know, and that's just you know, common No, it's like it's not a big deal. But like the other night, people you talk to you are like, you're ridiculous, you know. So I never mentioned to anybody what I saw in southern California with Theaudrey jokes. I just didn't want to be rig called, like oh you saw a cave man, you know, So I just never really mentioned it. But I just kind of listen to other people's stories and you know, but out here, I've never seen nothing in Oregon personally, I've never seen nothing in a couple of black bears, yeah, things like that. But yeah, well take it for what it is. But you know, the look in that man's face, I believe what he was telling me.
Speaker 1: You know, I think he made the right choice just walking away from all that. I don't think that would have gotten any better for you. Just there's too much, too much going up in that area that is not not what you want to mess with for sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I realized that Gold makes people crazy. Yeah crazy for Gold.
Speaker 1: Such a sad story, but also such a I mean, it's it's wilder than most of the movies I've seen, to be honest, it's an incredibly intense arturo. Thank you so much for coming on the show and for sharing what you've experienced over the years. I greatly appreciate it.
Speaker 2: That problem. I feel a lot better, you know, getting it off my chest.
Speaker 1: Before we wrap this episode, I want to say something directly to a very specific group of listeners. If you're in the military, any branch or forces, and if you've seen something that no one can explain, or if you're a National park ranger or forestry worker who's been told to stay quiet, if you're a pilot who's seen something strange down on the ground, or if you're with the FBI a federal agency, or working intelligence and you dumbled upon something you're not allowed to talk about, and if you're a firefighter, paramedic, or search and rescue responder who's heard screams or found tracks that didn't make sense. If you're in the logging industry on a remote oil field, or a trucker with government contracts and you've had something happen that you've never told a soul. And if you're a biologist, a wildlife specialist, or a field researcher under contract who has found evidence you're not allowed to report. If you're a pastor, a missionary, or someone on a spiritual retreat and you saw something that shook your faith, or if you work in the shadows, CIA, NSA or anything with clearance and you've seen what the public hasn't, then I want to talk to you, even if it's anonymous. You can reach me at Bigfoot Society at gmail dot com. The world needs to hear what you've been forced to carry alone, and you're not alone. You've got the story, We've got the mic. See you in the woods. Thank you for listening to this episode of the Bigfoot Society podcast. Every encounter we share reminds us that the world is bigger and stranger than we think, and that the truth is often Hiding just Beyond the tree Line. If you enjoyed this episode, please be sure to subscribe to the channel on YouTube hit the bell so you don't miss the next episode, and share this with a friend who's into mysteries, monsters or the unexplained. And if you're listening to us on Spotify or Apple Podcast, please follow the show there and leave us a five star positive review because all that helps more people discover the show. And remember, if you or someone you know has had a Bigfoot sighting, please I'd love to hear from you, so email me at Bigfoot Society at gmail dot com and let's start the conversation. If you haven't gotten a chance yet, check out our membership community over at www dot Bigfoot Society podcast dot com and that's where you can hear tomorrow's episode today early in ad free and members only episodes every week. Also, it's a place to connect with other people that are into the Bigfoot subject as much as you are. Thanks again for following along with the Bigfoot Society until next time, Keep your eyes open, trust your gut, and never stop asking what else might be out there? And see you in the woods.