Speaker 1: It's NIC's eyes.
Speaker 2: We did unkilling you, Mazy Boston's news radio.
Speaker 1: You know what really grinds Mike years this Lindsay lowhand, Eh, Lindsay lowhand.
Speaker 2: With all those little outfits jumping around there on stage.
Speaker 1: Three two one.
Speaker 3: One two three? What the heck it's bothering me?
Speaker 4: Yew?
Speaker 1: What do you?
Speaker 3: What do you want?
Speaker 5: You know?
Speaker 6: Are we gonna go out? Is that what you're trying to Why you?
Speaker 1: What do you want?
Speaker 3: Lindsay, tell me what you want?
Speaker 7: Well, I tell you what you want?
Speaker 3: You want nothing? You want nothing?
Speaker 1: Soredity now? Sorendity now? What is that? Not to get me a relaxation cassette When my blood pressure gets too high. Man on the tape tells me to say.
Speaker 6: Sorenday now, and that, people, is what grinds my gears.
Speaker 7: Tom says, you want today.
Speaker 1: We haven't done a grind your gears in a while.
Speaker 3: Here.
Speaker 1: This is the twentieth hour of the week. I think those of you who are regular nightside listeners know we like to end the week on kind of an up note, go into the weekend, put the politics aside. I want to thank Carry Brett who joined us last hour. I think it's pretty interesting conversation. Her book Shot at Love available on Amazon. Feel free to check it out. I think it's an interesting story and of itself, and if you're someone out there who is having who was struggling to find good companionship, I think the book would be very, very helpful. It's as simple. It's as simple as that. So we've had a really interesting week, interesting guests. I would just like to and I've done this before, and I know some of you probably don't understand why I do it. The reason I do it is I want people to know. Very few people get a chance to listen to the entire show. But we started off on Monday night talking with Emily Sweeney the Boston Globe about the Green Book, talk with Gretchen Gretel Schuler about American Heart Month, which of course is February Valentine's Day. Christina Basilio talking about what was googled during the super Bowl The super Bowl seems a long time ago. Talked with Jennifer Steyers about micro managing, micro romancing, Mike Mike romancing, Mike chromancing, which was kind of interesting, I thought. Then we talked about the layoffs at Mass Brigham Mass General in Brigham's Hospital. Talked we did a Super Bowl review, What you liked, what you didn't like about it? Tuesday night. Talked a couple about scams. Talked about the fear of flying with doctor MICHAELA. Johnson. Talked about the Ertz Inner Core changing. Talked about infertility what you need to know about infertility. Talked about the s JAC in my opinion, really issuing a safe decision, but not necessarily the correct decision. Rejecting the Aaron Reid appeal. Talked about President Trump's cuts to the USAID on Wednesday night. Talked about Valentine Day scams. We've done that a couple of times this week. Talked about the fact that Pennies will soon not be mint it anymore. Talked about Boston's most romantic locations. As you can see, there was sort of a Valentized Day theme this week. Talked with Talked about energy healing. I still don't quite understand it, but we talked about it. Talked on Wednesday night at nine o'clock with the principal of Westwood High School, Amy Davenport, and a math teacher there, Breon Mahigan, about financial literacy for students. Then we talked on Wednesday night about Donald Trump's statements policy change rather towards Ukraine. That was really a question of whether or not he has now pulled the rug out from underneath the President Zelensky of Ukraine. Talked last night with a inspiring hockey player from NiCoT College. It's Jack Smiley and his coach RJ. Tolin. Jack Smiley after a three year absence from the ice, he suffered a stroke. We'll be back playing tomorrow at Endicott College at three o'clock game. Talked about firing up your relationship with Carolyn Sharp, who's going to be signing her books. She's now relocated from the West Coast, lives here on the North Shore, and she'll be signing books tomorrow evening from five to seven at job Milwaukee, which is a bookstore in New Report. Talked with Mark Anastasio about that short film festival at Coolidge Corner. Talk with Jill Robin Pain about empathy, bantering and being empathetic. Talk with Mark Misselback last night for an hour, actually two hours, great CPA answering questions about income taxes, and we had a lot of good calls on that one Last night, I talked about Mayor wu shutting down the Boilston Street bus line. Better now, but it should have been shut down a long time Agoing tonight, we talked with Anthony Somarco about the origins of Valentine's Day, talk with Robert Cisiliano about a scam called pig butchering, talk with a professor from the University of Michigan Business School about technology about technology, and we talked with Jeff Leonard about convenience stores and what impact the pennies the elimination of pennies we'll have on them. Talked at nine o'clock about the Boston demonstration Stop the Coup, and talk last hour with Kerry Brett, shot at Love So we do a lot every week, okay, and we got to relax last hour. What grinds your gears? So, what I'm looking for is what is it about either your life, about some public personality what grinds your gears? I mean, there's lots of things that get me. You know me probably better than you know most of your friends because you spend so much time listening here, which I appreciate. You know, bike lanes grind my gears. People who in shop in supermarkets don't pay attention, and they're they're standing there looking at i know, fruits and vegetables, and they're blocking aisles whatever. It grinds me gears that when when I stop for someone, which I have to and which I will always for someone in a in a stop wall, in a crosswalk, that for some reason there's a lot of people just never turn to look and say thank you. They just look ahead like they are the most important person in the world, and look, they don't look, and someday there'll be somebody who won't be paying attention and will run them down. It's just calmon courtesy that grinds my gears. Tell you what grinds my gears. When you're in a locker room at the gym and people two or three, you know, rows over, they kind of close the the to the locker they have to slam it shut. Any of you experience that. It's a wide variety of things that rhyme my gears. We're gonna take the quickest break of the night. It's like about a minute thirty. I'm gonna get right back to phone calls. The only line that's open right now is six one seven, nine, three, one, ten, thirty. We'll get to everybody. What grinds your gears? What is it that really bothers you? And if if there's nothing that grinds your gears and you were just happy, you're not you're not living life, You're not paying attention. Back on Nightside after this.
Speaker 2: Now back to Dan Ray live from the Window World Nightside Studios on WBZ News Radio.
Speaker 1: Bar let's get it roll, and you're gonna go to my friend Joel in Natick. Joe, welcome back. You're next on Nightside. What grinds your gears? Joel?
Speaker 5: A couple of things, Dan. First thing is I'm I'm out of light. And it says, you know you can turn right on red. Yeah, you have people in front of you on the right hand lane and they just sit there and sit there and sit there until the green line turns on.
Speaker 1: That's a good one. That's a good one. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I like that.
Speaker 5: I got one. I have one more. The other one is the network news, ABC, CBS, NBCA. Those networks they don't tell the truth the news, They don't tell the whole story like you do when you have your nightside show, especially talking I'm talking about like usaid you do a better job than they did, onlyk it was just frush over it and don't tell the whole whole truth of what's going on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well we we talked about that this week. As a matter of fact, I thought about you because I know you had prompted me on that and it, uh, it's an important subject, and we talked about it Tuesday night. I hope you heard that hour. If you haven't heard it, you can always listen to it at nightside and Demand dot com. But thank you for that suggestion, and I agree with you. You know, let's let's find out which one is true, which wasn't, which wasn't. It was the Washington Post piece is what I what I read, and they was they were substantially true. Some of them were not from us A I D. They were from the State Department. But some of them are just incredible when you when you realize what, why is it? Why are we doing this? Why are we doing that? I mean, it's just it's so frustrating, and now people are upset that people are getting laid off from these jobs. If that's what they were doing with my tax dollars, I don't want to work them for the government.
Speaker 5: I agree, But how about the person who was how about the person who was in charge of the U s A. I d all that money she made? She made three dollars.
Speaker 1: Oh I didn't see that. Ye did she make them?
Speaker 5: That's a good question. How did you make all that money?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: I said, Okay, it just so happened that that her bank account grew. Well, we could say that about Dancy Pelosi. She's good. She's a good stock trader. Oh, yes, yes, yeah, you get my drift, You get my drift. Hey, Joe, thank you much, man, Hugh, a great weekend. Happy Valentine's Day to you and Roberto.
Speaker 5: Okay, thanks him too, Dann, thank you, Thanks.
Speaker 1: Thanks, Joe, thank you. Let's go to another well from Joel to Joe and Belmont. Joe and Belmont. What grind your gears?
Speaker 3: Dan? Two things that grind my gears? First, sports sports radio the host that takes the lord's name in vain. You think they would beep it forty years ago, but today it's acceptable.
Speaker 1: Oh that's not good.
Speaker 3: Second, h not being a good listener. And you know people who interrupt you three times, you know, during a minute when you're trying to speak briefly in something's up in a minute. And I know you can relate to that because you always say to some people, let's have a good conversation.
Speaker 1: Yeah, sometimes I'll say to that, thanks very much for the conversation. And there wasn't much of a conversation involved. I get a little sarcastic every once in a while. Every once in a while, Joe, Well, you always enjoy you. I always enjoy your calls. You always get right to the point, You're direct, and I thank you for doing that as always. And I hope you have a great weekend. Okay, and let's hope the snow doesn't pile up this weekend.
Speaker 3: Thanks for taking my calls.
Speaker 1: The thanks, Joe, talk to you soon. Bye, g one. All right. One of my favorite callers is Glenn's. He always has some gears. Glenn, what do you got tonight?
Speaker 4: A couple of things. First of all, I haven't had a Valentine in six years. She died of bone cancer in the Hebrew of twenty nineteen.
Speaker 1: Don't depress me anymore than I'm depressed already, Glenn. Okay, wow, no, no, I understand that, I hear you. Trust me.
Speaker 4: The other thing, the ride I had a driver. He came an hour elite because he said he had to take his break and his break is more important than I am. He was scared. I got to report that next week, he's supposed to come at twelve thirty. He came at one thirty.
Speaker 1: Well, even if he was going to be late, for him to say something that is absurd. You know, he should have said she the traffic was tough or whatever, but he will say that that my lunch break is more important than your doctor's appointment or or whatever. You know, his job is to get to your to get to you on time, and to get you to your location on time. That's right, that's really that's really insensitive. That And people who may not know you, Glenn, know that you're blind and you rely upon the ride. Whoever that guy was, he's he should he should find himself another line of work.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Bob probably would say he should get a job as a cup lifeguard in a car wash.
Speaker 1: I never heard that one, but that's okay. Yeah, all right, Bell, always good to talk to you.
Speaker 4: And also I wish I'm hoping, well my favorite thought from Midford, but I'm hoping, you know, I get more credit Republican woman. Never give me credit. You know I have a title. I'm a certified concert piano tuner. That's my title. I don't have it on my tattooed on my forehead.
Speaker 1: But you know, well again, if anyone needs to get their piano tune, Glenn's the man, and I can always put you in touch with Glenn. I'm sort of Glenn's agent here. I don't get a percentage of his.
Speaker 4: Here are my council here? What you say?
Speaker 1: Always than one, more ways than one? Hey, Glenn talks to an every day weekend.
Speaker 4: All right you too.
Speaker 1: Now we go from Glenn, who can be a challenging caller, to Laurie and Idaho's my favorite caller. Hey, Laurie, how you doing tonight? Welcome Happy Valentine's Day Toppy.
Speaker 7: Valentine's Day to you too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what's going on out now?
Speaker 7: It's been snowing all day? Snow.
Speaker 1: Well, what you got today, we're gonna get on Sunday. I mean that's the way it works, two days. Whatever Laurie gets and I hope we get now I know what our weather's going to be on Sunday.
Speaker 7: Well, yeah, we had Well it finally warmed up. We've been like singles and teens, and it finally get up into the twenties, which means, of course it's warming enough to snow again. So yeah, fits it all day today and probably for the fourth coming.
Speaker 1: So anyway, brutal day here in Boston today was really cold and windy, nasty, nasty day. You could hear it. It's it was howland. It was howland gears. I can't of imagine anything would grind your gears.
Speaker 7: Well, first of all, I put money on the fact that the guys who slammed the doors and the doors on the lockers also slam doors everywhere because some people are just door slammers. They don't know how to just close it. But I notice, and this has been worse since COVID. People who cut lines. They think they're entitled, they don't care, they just cut line.
Speaker 1: And what type of lines you're talking about, drivers, because that would be me.
Speaker 7: But well, no, we actually don't have that much traffic. No in the stores, in the post office. And you know, I was in Costco the other day, and you know how they have the Costco kind of has the two you're if you're if you're checking out there's there, you know. There the cashiers are kind of reversed of the two people. The two lanes of checkout are kind of back to back next to each other. And so some lady was having trouble with her cane and she's kind of blocking both of the line, and there were people, there were ten people behind me waiting patiently, and this woman bustles up and she just pushes past the lady with the cane and you know, gets to the registered and the guy behind me said, you know, the line starts back there, don't you. No, no, no, doesn't And she just did her thing. And I was in the post office the other day and some of the women I was actually for Christmas. Some woman came in and she was, you know, we were wound around and I like to just pay my post offic bucks feed, but the peoples were doing packages. And so she comes in. She's like, which which which line are you in? And the guy said, this is there's only one line. Oh there aren't two, No, just one. Oh my god, Well I got a time. And so she stood there for a while and as soon as the end guy cleared out, she stepped over cut in line, and you know then she couldn't even do what she wanted to do. She wanted to get a change of address that she could sign for her son. But I've seen a lot of that since COVID, so that that's got me ground.
Speaker 1: Well, you know something, I I agree with that, and I what I love is that if I'm standing in a line. Okay, let's say I'm standing in a line in the post office or wherever, it doesn't matter where, and the person comes in behind you and they'll say to you, excuse me, are you in line? And I look at my Oh, I just stand in for a living. Of course, I'm in line.
Speaker 7: What can the petunias grow?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean yeah, I just like to watch people in the post office line by stamps. That's why I stand there of the side. Yeah, that's one of my hobbies.
Speaker 7: Right, and now I'm not gonna step aside and let you go in front of me.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 7: The underlying point of their question.
Speaker 1: I'm with you. I'm with you, Laurie. That's a good one. Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, and we will. I hope you had a good Valentine's Day today.
Speaker 7: And yeah, I lost my Valentine three and a half years ago.
Speaker 1: So quiet, I know it's it doesn't get any it was.
Speaker 7: It was a good show. So that was good.
Speaker 1: Okay. Thanks, we've had a good we've had a good good shows this week. Thanks Laurie. Talk to you soon.
Speaker 7: Good night, good night, good bye.
Speaker 1: All right, let's I'm gonna take one more here, one, let's keep rolling here. Let me go to Bill and East and Bill, what grinds you gears?
Speaker 5: Dan?
Speaker 8: Did I hear you correctly? The penny is gonna stop being minted?
Speaker 1: Yes, Yeah, that's that's was we talked about that on Wednesday.
Speaker 8: Oh are we going to follow Canada's suit or were getting rid of that unit of currency because I want to maintain it.
Speaker 1: Well, let me tell you something. If that's going to be, something's going to grind your gears, because apparently not only did Canada get rid of their pennies stop minting pennies in twenty twelve, but in twenty thirteen they said no pennies are going to be recognized in circulation, so they literally went from being worth a penny to being worthless.
Speaker 8: Liked the New Hampshire tokens when there was a new governor. Yeah, remember that time.
Speaker 1: I didn't know that one at all.
Speaker 8: Yeah, new sheriff in town, they changed the people that cough.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Well remember when you went up to New Hampshire. Used to be able to buy ten dollars worth of tokens for five dollars.
Speaker 1: And that sounds very New Hampshire to me.
Speaker 5: I like that, I know.
Speaker 8: But when a new governor took charge, it I forget who it was he or she. No more tokens okay, yeah, So what do we really learn from COVID? How many people cough without covering it?
Speaker 1: Absolutely, it just cough.
Speaker 8: It just forget about the elbow. They sneeze into their hands and shake your hands.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I'm believe a lot of people don't. Never learned hygiene in high school.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 8: One of my biggest is the bright headlights in the illegal window tint. I've talked to a trooper about this. He's like, do you want us to enforce that? It's not it's all civil Those loud mufflers, Well they're nothing about it.
Speaker 1: He's on jail. But but but if you can, if you can find them whatever, or if they're told that, hey you got you know, ten days to you know.
Speaker 8: It's a psychological game. I've always operated a bone stock vehicle, no modification whatsoever.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, but it looks it's not legal. It's not legal to tint your windows because the police can't see in. I guess you know. If you don't like it, move to a different state. But in terms of high beams, if somebody's hitting you with high beams and they're just regular high beams, you flash them and hopefully they're small enough they wake up and they take the high beams down. But if somebody actually goes in and puts in like super high beams, they should be pulled.
Speaker 8: Off the roof, absolutely, and they get they're flickering. There's stroke lights are used to only be legal on motorcycles. It's a very obscure law from the past. No motorcycles have those anymore. But now there's a noose headlight. You'll see them. You're going to see them now that I mentioned it. They'll be flickering. Okay, YEA so many different yeah, yeah, all right.
Speaker 1: Those are good ones, Bill, And those are different ones that people haven't mentioned before. Thank you much, my friend. Have a good weekend, you too, thanks Bill. Here comes the news at the bottom of the hour. We we will be back with more of the only line open. Give you, give you a little hint six one seven nine three, ten thirty. That'll get you through if you dial the other it's going to be busy. Six one seven nine three ten thirty. Back on night Side.
Speaker 2: You're on to Night Side with Dan Ray. I'm WAZ Boston's News Radio.
Speaker 1: All right, let's keep rolling. You're going to go to Julie in Springfield. Oh huh, Springfield, Massachusetts. Excuse me, hey, Julie, welcome back.
Speaker 7: How are you hi, Dan?
Speaker 6: How are you dud Gray?
Speaker 1: What grind your gears? Julie?
Speaker 9: Well, here in Springfield, we have a lot of potholes. It's potholes my gears.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And when you blow a tire, how easy is it to get compensated for the for the tire blowout?
Speaker 9: I asked you idea, but we have now they put like barrels up and apparently like it must be because somebody blew their tire and there's barrels up now. But I mean it's just it's really bad.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, Well, that that's a good one. I've had friends of mine who have lost you know, I have you know, have had blowouts. What what's been your experience you've had.
Speaker 9: I definitely out and uh, you know, damaged my car from potholes in the past, not here, but in Summerville in Somerville when I lived there. Somerville potholes were the worst.
Speaker 1: Yeah, absolutely, absolutely, And it's so frustrating. I hate it when when you don't get a blowout, but you hit you hit a really deep pothole and it's almost as if your teeth hurt when you hear it. Do you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 8: It's it's terrible.
Speaker 9: Yeah, my husband has another grape, which is the the the Also the high beams, the headlights that are happening now that are so bright that you can't see where you're going because they blind you when you're driving. And these are just like headlights that are put on cars normally by manufacturers. They're not no one especially buying these headlights are just on the car to begin with. Headlights.
Speaker 1: Yes, yea, absolutely, And there are a lot of people who can be blinded by those, and you can have some real real series, particularly folks who have a little trouble deal of driving at night anyway.
Speaker 9: Yeah, just with the general night you know I have that I have a sigmatism in my eye, and it's hard for me to see at night. But when I have these headlights for me at me, you know, it makes it worse.
Speaker 1: Couldn't agree with you more. Thank Julie, Thank you so much for listening out in Springfield. How's the signal out there? You? Are you getting us out on the radio or are you listening on the tablet or or on iHeart?
Speaker 9: But we've been listening for years and years and years. Even in Texas we listened to you, we did.
Speaker 1: I'm so happy. I feel like I know you, but but I just learned something new that you listen to us in Texas. That's fabulous. That's fabulous. You made my night, Julie, thank you so much.
Speaker 9: Thanks Dan. Take care, Happy.
Speaker 1: Valentine's d Happy Valentine's Day to you, and stay warm this weekend.
Speaker 9: Okay, thanks well, thank you Dan, byebye, good night.
Speaker 1: Let me go to Gary Gees. Something to grind Gary's gears? Gary, what grinds you gears? Well?
Speaker 7: Three times so top of my head.
Speaker 5: As follows.
Speaker 7: When you're driving a car and you're coming up on a light and obviously there's no traffic from all three directions, only you and it's automatically red and you have to wait it. Can I say the word s U c K S? Can I say it on the air?
Speaker 1: Why'd you say sus? Because that's a better way to say it, s us sus. Okay.
Speaker 7: The other two. The other two is this is not to be funny and nothing like that. But when you go to a public restaurant, any restaurant or a fast food and if you catch my drift, you're about to sit down in the bathroom and there's no toilet paper.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think that's a good thing to check in advance.
Speaker 7: And last one is this, and this one is not a laughing matter because this is serious injury. Is when you get the combination on the snow coming down in clement weather. That's that mom and pop business says, or anybody that doesn't properly shove or throw the sands down or the pellets down so people don't slip. And how many businesses don't even take care of their walks but customers walk into their business.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well, again, particularly in commercial areas, it's tough, tougher for people maybe who are a little older and aren't able to get out and shovel their own drive their own driveways. But yeah, you're absolutely right on both of those good ones. I appreciate that story, right, good, Yeah, Ghad.
Speaker 7: I've already told you this before. When you go to maccabasket, they have a day old bakery and they cut down the price from a twenty dollars kick down to ten, and then if it's two days old, it goes down to five. It's a huge cake or a smaller cake. Well, what happened? I went to my mechanic today, who's a guy, and he's got two sisters who I went to high school with. And she goes, oh my god, it's Valentine's Day. Well you just got a twenty four dollar cake for nine dollars right now because it's two days old. She goes, oh my god.
Speaker 1: Great story, great story, Gary, have a great weekend. We'll talk soon. Okay, thanks, buddy, appreciate it. Let's go to PEG in New Hampshire. Hell O, Peg, how are you tonight? Welcome?
Speaker 4: Hi Dan?
Speaker 7: How are you?
Speaker 1: I'm doing great? What's what's grind your gears?
Speaker 7: Well, a couple of things. But Glenn said about the driver not showing up. People don't understand what a job is anymore. It's a convenience to some people and not a requirement. That just that grinds my gears and they and the other thing is when you're in a grocery store and you know, your people walk down the aisle and they pick up a steak or something and they decide by the time they get in the dog foodal they really don't want the steak and they put it on the shelf.
Speaker 1: I want to take it back if you don't want take it back where it belongs, yoege.
Speaker 7: It is somebody that works in the store. I changed my mind, you know, remember the end I moved up to New Hampshire.
Speaker 1: Oh I know, Yeah, this used to be picked from Haveril. Right, No, I hate know exactly who this is. Sure, how do you like New Hampshire. It's been a while.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I've been here three months.
Speaker 5: It's nice.
Speaker 7: It's nice. Yeah, I'm learning how to navigate.
Speaker 1: Once you get to know it. It's an easy state to get around. I mean, I think it's I think the traffic is a little less than what we have to deal with in Massachusetts. Yeah, you know, I love New Hampshire. When I get up there and my brother's up in New Hampshire tonight and I'm an interview if they're gonna have some snow up there, and he and his wife will be skiing this weekend. It's it's it's a it's a great state. And Governor Sunun, who has done a great job up there, obviously he knows, is no longer the governor, but hopefully Governor at will follow in his footsteps and uh and keep New Hampshire as nice as as we all remember it.
Speaker 7: Absolutely all right, I will let you go.
Speaker 1: You have a good night, you too, Happy Valentine's Day, Peg, Thanks, thanks so much for calling. Talk to you soon. All right. Let me go next to Dallas is in Ohio. Dallas, you were next one nightside. Thanks for calling in. I was joking with you, but thank you very much. Welcome.
Speaker 6: Yes, how are you doing Dan?
Speaker 1: I'm doing great, Dallas, Thank you man. Yeah. By the way, just I want to let people in on the joke. Dallas checks us out here when we do the nightside postgame, sometimes the nightside pregame, primarily nightside postgame, and I'll always tease him. He's always there in postgame and I'll say, come on call in some night. So here he is. Therefore, the question of the night is what grinds your gears?
Speaker 6: Oh boy, I tell you you're in the state of Ohio. You know, we have the the option.
Speaker 1: When you're.
Speaker 6: Yeah the red light and you're on the inside lane, the curb lane, you can turn right on red.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 6: Yeah, the problem with that is if you're coming in the opposite direction and you're at the traffic light and the light is red, and you get the arrow, the green arrow to make your left turn. A lot of times the people in the opposite of the app they turned. I've had near missus several times here in my home city, and you know, it's like, wow, I guess they don't realize that where you are you have the green arrow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know exactly. We have the same situation here. But where you can turn, you can turn right on red unless it says no turn on red. Okay, a case you do get where it says no tron on red. But if there's no sign there, and once you come to a stop and there's a there's a location very close to where I live, and I know that there's a that there's a green arrow on the opposite side of the street that I just happen to live in this area, so I go through this intersection four or five times a week. But you're absolutely right. You take that right, and if you're not watching you get you can get plowed by somebody coming in the opposite direction who's turned left.
Speaker 6: Great point, that's right, that's right, it's it's it's unbelievable. Uh I guess I chalk that up as uh an h I A. And I won't I won't say what that stands for. But a traffic pat that I had got the draft. I told you about that, so you know, so every time I see somebody do something stupid like that, I said, oh, there goes another h I A. You know.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And unfortunately it all when you get in one of those acts, and it cost everybody, at least here in Massachusetts on your insurance, whether you're at fault or not. It seems that that it always it ends up they give you, they charge your point or something like that on your insurance. So it can get expensive. Absolutely cows the winter ben in Ohio the last week or the last couple of weeks. Have you been getting hit with the sap storms?
Speaker 6: Uh no, not not. It has to have been really bad. The only saying that is treacherous is you know, we get the rain and then it freezes, and then we have you know, just the ice skating rink everywhere, so you have to be careful.
Speaker 1: But no, we've got a lot of that up here. Matter of fact, today we exactly we had rain yesterday, uh and it froze overnight and nobody gets it. It's it can be treacherous, treacherous. Dalla's great to hear your voice. Thanks so much for rising the occasion, buddy. I appreciate it.
Speaker 6: Sure, Dan, take a great weekend you too.
Speaker 1: Enjoy This is like the slowest sports weekend of the year when you think about it. No serious that there's no football. I think you've got the NBA All Star Game this weekend, right right, right, Okay, So that's about it. Spring training really hasn't started. Hockey's on a on a sabbatical those of us who are hockey fans because they're doing the six Nations thing. But I don't think there's a game. You know, it's there's a slow sports weekend, you know, March Madness. I'm looking forward to March Madness. That's the next thing. We got to worry about.
Speaker 6: Well, I could look at tennis. Tennis is still still going, so.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's true. Yeah at this point though, I'm uh, I don't see tennis as much on TV. I really don't. You know. At this point you can sit and watch some golf. I'm not a golfer, but it's fun to watch because I watched for the pros to put the ball in the you know, in the in the woods, in the water. Hey, if they do it, I can do it too. Dallas, we'll talk again, talk soon, my friend. Thank you much, appreciate you.
Speaker 6: Take care, good night, be wel you too.
Speaker 1: We'll take quick break here and Nightside returns What grinds You Gears? Joe, Jean, John will get you in, maybe get some more coming back on Nightside.
Speaker 2: Now, back to Dan Ray live from the Window World nights Side Studios. I'm WBZ News Radio.
Speaker 1: Okay, we are wrapping up a week on Nightside, wrapping up What grinds You Gears? Let's keep rolling here. We're gonna go next to Jane in Everett, Gene, what grinds you gears? Hi?
Speaker 10: Jan, thank you for another great show as usual. So what grinds my gift? One thing is when people aren't nice to others, and the other one is when the weather is on and they are not specific to location and time, because I take care of three elderly people and I need to know every day the night before if I can get out of my house and be able to walk without ice on the ground, or if there is going to be bad weather and I can't get out, and they're not real specific lately.
Speaker 1: Well, they I think they tried their best team, but I just don't think they know for sure. That's what I think.
Speaker 10: Well, you know, I know in twenty twenty five, I was hoping i'd get a little more information the night before. That's all the time. They'd rush through it and you can't even remember what they just said.
Speaker 1: Yeah, sometimes it's like if you're live in a classroom, it's time to take notes, like from the professor. Now, I get you on that one too.
Speaker 10: That's one I'm frustrating. Sometimes I'm searching the internet at ten o'clock at night because I couldn't really get a specific real like in boss Boston area, cities outside of Boston, right outside of Boston, and what's it going to be. I'm not interested in the Hampshire and all those places.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, they've got a big audience out there, so you gotta you gotta kind of sit through it. It's a simplest hey, Gene, I gotta, I gotta keep rolling the calls. Thank you much, have a great one, good night. All right. Let me see, let's move Gene off. If you can rob please for me. There we go, We'll bust Gene off. Okay, let's go to John and Wind of New Hampshire. John, you're next on Nightsiger right ahead.
Speaker 11: Okay, I'm gonna rattle through real quick. I'm a bus driver, school bus. Yeah, and cars, cars passing. When we have our reds out either going the other you know, our direction or the opposite direction, we get quick numbers.
Speaker 4: Yep.
Speaker 11: We report them and supposedly they're caught. And my son actually was almost run over, uh because of that. Also in a vehicle, I hate being cut off when I'm cruising along speed limits, say forty somebody comes in onto my road way from the side as if I'm not even there, and then and then there's maybe ten miles an hour under the speed limit. My other few are language related. Whoever started the phrase moving forward? In every case that I've heard it, if you remove that phrase, it totally makes sense. And the worst case I heard was a weather guy said the forecast moving forward. What other direction are we going to go except forward? So that that really bugs me. And the phrase that said, I think is totally unnecessary. And the last one is I don't know where the word especially has gone, but I love that word over particularly, which to me is a lot harder to say.
Speaker 1: But I've grieved on both of those. Hey, John, those are good ones. Thank you much appreciate it, Thank you, sir.
Speaker 6: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Last of the week, Joe and Lynn Joe. What grinds you? Geary?
Speaker 12: Two things. I'll be quick and I agree with Glenn because I've had the same thing. Thanks for congratulating me. A few months ago with mc a D. We worked out a settlement agreement. You're going to love this.
Speaker 4: This is right up your alley.
Speaker 12: Why in these agreements no one admits they're wrong. No apologies, No, let's sit out and talk, we'll settle. But black blah, but we've done nothing wrong. And my other one is the recordings you get, but the doctors or the hospital. I still have a private doctor and I don't get a recording. I hate that. That bugs the devil out of me. I like your comment.
Speaker 1: Good for you to have a private doctor. You're really lucky because to get a piece of its old.
Speaker 12: He's getting too old. He mean to be around.
Speaker 1: No, I hear you. Hold on to them. Hold on to them as long as you can, simple as that.
Speaker 6: Okay, okay, all right?
Speaker 12: Jug settlement?
Speaker 1: All right? I sent you that email. Try that email and I think they'll respond back to you.
Speaker 12: Okay, I will, Okay. Can you tell me about a settlement agreement? Why do they do that and they don't admit wrong doing or anything. I don't understand, because that's why you do. You stay out of court. That's why you do a settlement.
Speaker 1: You don't one. You never want to admit liability, and you want to have an NDA with that to make sure that's the As the lawyer for the for the side that's being sued, if you can say to the person you want to sue me, it'll it'll take six years, seven years. We can settle it now. But one of the things we got to do is agree that we're not going to admit any any any liability.
Speaker 12: So strange to make it.
Speaker 1: It's called practicing law. Joe, Joe, you gotta get They teach that stuff at law school, Thanks Joe. And if if they don't teach you in law school, you learn it when you're a lawyer, all right. And if good sued, thanks Joe. Got to go. All right, everybody, We're done for the week. It's been a long week. Week in Februaries tend to be long. But I've enjoyed every minute of it. I hope you have as well. I will be on Night's Time with Dan Ray in a couple of minutes. I'll get you. I'll get there as quickly as I possibly can. Want to thank Rob, want to thank Karen who semi tonight. I want to thank Marita. Want to thank all the callers. Without the callers, there's no Nightside. So thank you very much for being loyal callers and loyal listeners. Be back on Monday night. I will be again. I'll be there as matter of fact, for thirty Monday because Marita's takes the holiday. I'm working the holiday. We'll see you Monday night. All dogs are cats, All pets go to heaven. That's why Pal Charlie ray Is who passed fifteen years ago. Tomorrow, that's where all your pets are who past. They loved you, You love them, and I do believe you'll see them again. See again on Monday night on Nightside. Everyone. God bless Charlie Ray, and God bless all our pets. Have a great weekend. Everyone,