Speaker 1: Yeah, ripped off needed.
Speaker 2: That's who. You don't have to come running just as fast as we can.
Speaker 1: Shooter's gonna help come man, this is.
Speaker 3: The Troubleshooter Show. Now, Tom Martine here.
Speaker 1: If you're trying to tune into YouTube, we're having laptop difficulties here. I'll try to keep firing it up. But you know, life is all about technology. I swear to you. When you lose technology, it's like life itself stands still, doesn't it. Welcome. By the way, are you getting ready for the debate? I want to have a debate watching party with myself. Anyway, if you have any problems, stressed your complaints, give us a call. And I was gonna say, if you can see on the white there's Bob Logan here. But we're not up and running just yet. We will get that conquered. But in any case, we have Bob Logan with Plumbline services. I've known Bob for so many years. He had no gray hair when I met him, and I had hair. So there you go. Three oh three seven one three Talk is our number if you want to talk to Bob for plumbing, heating, cooling, electric issues.
Speaker 4: But I'm going to tell you one mistake people make this time of year.
Speaker 1: It's a calm time of year, not too cold, not too hot, and seriously, without getting all commercially, people don't attend to things unless there's an emergency. Bob says. Every year the phones flow down and as soon as they get a really cold snap, bam. Everybody wants service immediately. So if you want to go turn on your furnace right now, see if it's working. I mean you can do that, although you can't really tell if it's going to heat that well, but you can get a check.
Speaker 4: You can get them out there and then.
Speaker 1: Basically always take care of everything before there's an emergency. You know what's amazing, Tom Mark, high Mark, what's happening?
Speaker 4: Same stuff.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 6: Here's what's amazing about his industry. People are so used to and realize they have to get an oil change every three five thousand miles, they have to get an air filter when it's dirty, they have to have to they do the maintenance. They've been trained over the years. But people in Bob's industry, for some reason, they can talk about it so they're blue in the face. Can't train people to do that general maintenance. Why is that Bob.
Speaker 1: You know, I don't know.
Speaker 4: I think it's human nature.
Speaker 7: Mark people tend to just wait until something breaks before they before they fix it, and very few people are proactive. But it's I mean, it's quite honestly what keeps us and everybody in our industry in business. If people did maintenance like they do on automobiles, of a lot of companies go out of business. And I hate to say that because I want people to be proactive. I want them to maintain the system. You know, we have the r VIP program that helps people and so that they don't have to remember these.
Speaker 6: Things, will remind them and they get right to it. Though if they did it right now, I don't care. If they need a new furnace, need a repair, it's going to be cheaper now.
Speaker 7: Aren't everything in our industry? In travel industry, everything's less expensive in the off seasons. Consider this our off season, like the travel industry, right, if you want to go to Disney World, you don't book it, book your trip in everybody else's book because you're gonna pay twice the price.
Speaker 1: And uh, I know, but you know what, but no one does it. No one does it? No one, I well, no no, I shouldn't say that. Maybe some of my YouTube morons and my regular listeners. By the way, speaking of regular listeners, I found out a couple of things. People who love us don't necessarily brag on us when we help them, you know, the millions of dollars we recover every year. I found out something very telling.
Speaker 4: Mark.
Speaker 1: I often wondered why whenever I post something on social media, not all social media, but the like next door, especially next door is the most negative, negative, hateful like app. I mean, these keyboard warriors want to throw darts at everyone.
Speaker 4: Now, there are some really nice.
Speaker 1: People that want to look at puppies and kids, and they help with babysitters or lost dogs or lost you know or you know, or the ring doorbell videos. And but I found out. I found out. So I went back to the three critical comments. I had really critical ones in the last And I mean, it's not like I get them all the time, but inevitably, if I post one of them, give me an idea of a well, I'm gonna give the like like if I post, if I post something like call me you know, or that's ridiculous. I'm tired of people feel being treated like crap, or I just post something right, and then I get a comment, usually yeah, called Tom Martino, he'll do it blah blah blah. And then inevitably there'll be one or two, but mainly, you know, there's always one hateful says Tom Martino is a piece of sh you know, blank blank, or something like that. So I went back to three of them. I'm gonna tell you all three of them. One guy said, twenty one years ago, I called you for help, and you you had I had some floor coverings and solved wrong and you wouldn't help me. It was obvious you were protecting x y z x y Z. I never protected In fact, then I never particularly liked them, but I didn't hate them, but they weren't a sponsor. It wasn't like I was protecting him, but inevitably that is what it was. That's the other person. Three three negative comments. Like I said, it's not like overloaded negative. There's way more positive. But I went to the other one. It was a woman who had a contractor do her basement. Did a terrible job, she said, and we sided with the contractor. Now I can't go back a year and find out why. I mean in other words, I guess I could, but I didn't. But normally, normally we look for ways to help people, but there are times we say, mam, you know, we don't see this guy did something wrong, or there's nothing we can sink our teeth into it, just the way it is. And then the third one was a car deal at went sour and they said you were obviously, I swear to God. In every single one of them, they accused me of either being paid off or on somebody's side, and I said, of course, And I said, look, really and truly, I know that we are all skeptical about everyone. We really are. I mean, I don't care who you are when we for example, if not from monetary purposes, we're all skeptical about politics and influence and all that. Because I even do it. I'll watch Channel nine, you know, I'll say, you know, he's obviously a shill for the Democratic Party or something.
Speaker 4: Right, I'll just make a comment. Do I really mean it?
Speaker 1: No? But I don't do that publicly. Well I just did, but I mean I don't. I don't post on social media. But the point is this, it's natural to distrust people, I guess, but you can't you truly can't last forty five years. You can't and do advertising and helping people. If you were a stone cold phony, you just can't. It would never, ever, ever, ever happen. Businesses can't stay in business for forty years ripping people off.
Speaker 4: No one can do riposs for that long.
Speaker 1: Now you can get away with it for a few years if you're a contractor and you want to rip people off. But we try to let people know, like if you put money down and they disappear, they change names, you know. Anyway, I just want to make that case. I want to talk to Lisa, who called in about that or who Yeah, we called her back, and we called Oscar back because they had called a three h three Martino three oh three six two seven eight four six six Lita and we are going to work on the YouTube stream, so I apologize.
Speaker 4: It's not going to be today. I'm going to tell you that right now.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm going to tell you that I'm going to try to stream something haphazardly and it won't be the same, but I'm going to try to do it for my phone or gosh, just for fun. Anyway. You're right though, Mark dur regular one is not going to be working. And so Lisa, let's talk about the HOA. What's going on with your HOA?
Speaker 8: Well, Roquel took over our property about two years ago.
Speaker 1: And what's the name of the management company, roql rocal okay, roqal r o cl.
Speaker 8: Rw cl okay.
Speaker 4: So let's talk about it. What's going on.
Speaker 8: Well, there's a property that's been sitting not paying the Hoades there past ten.
Speaker 1: Are these single family homes.
Speaker 8: It's a condo condominium.
Speaker 1: Okay, and one unit is not paying. Are you part of the HOA.
Speaker 8: Yes, I'm on the board.
Speaker 1: Oh I did it okay. And and so the one unit now they've made it a little more difficult to foreclose, as you probably know. However, hos can still do a super lean and close on these non payments. You know that, right, And they can foreclose on them.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 8: And and the Roqucal is saying that we never signed something for the lawyer, which you.
Speaker 4: Know, so what does that mean? You didn't sign something for the lawyer?
Speaker 1: You can do it now do it now? How far behind is this one unit?
Speaker 8: Probably two and a half three years?
Speaker 4: Oh my god? Well, just and what attorney do you use?
Speaker 8: I asked them for the contract.
Speaker 1: Oh wait, so you let Rouqual handle it. So are you Are you saying the management company is dropping the ball.
Speaker 8: Yeah, they're they're trying to drop us, saying they've gone way above and beyond their duty and our place is falling apart.
Speaker 1: Wait a minute, and you said they went way above and beyond their duty.
Speaker 4: So they're doing a good job.
Speaker 8: No, they're not doing a good job.
Speaker 1: So they're going below their duty. Not way beyond their duty, They're going way below.
Speaker 4: There's no top.
Speaker 6: They're telling her that they're doing an exceptional job and they're sick and tired of it because the place is falling apart.
Speaker 1: Oh, thank you. So, Lisa, are they trying? Are they going to quit being your management company?
Speaker 8: That's right after I contacted you, I got an email from the head person that she's going to relook at our agreement and probably let us go.
Speaker 1: Okay, now listen, that's not the end of the world. I mean sometimes management companies are bad.
Speaker 4: I don't know anything anything about this one. Do you owe them any money?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Okay, now, Roqual Property Management From what I can see here, no.
Speaker 6: I guess I'm asking does the HOA oh rocal any money?
Speaker 4: For their services.
Speaker 8: We pay them nine hundred a month, okay, and then they collect dues and pay bills.
Speaker 4: And all of that. Right, correct.
Speaker 1: One thing I want to say for sure, if you're on the board, don't ever try to self manage. Okay.
Speaker 9: Right.
Speaker 1: However, however, there have been cases where very large complexes have hired a private manager that works just for them or works for them and maybe two other hoas. Nothing wrong with that, but there are plenty of management companies that would take over. I would not wait until rocal says they're going to drop. She said something, though, didn't you say.
Speaker 4: You guys are broke. You don't have money for.
Speaker 8: What we told them the board. We told them to raise the HAA so we had money in the bank.
Speaker 1: Well, you're on the wait wait are you part of the board. I thought you were.
Speaker 8: Yes, I'm on the board.
Speaker 4: And the board won't raise the dues.
Speaker 8: No, we wanted to raise them last year and they never did. They never did.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm going to tell you what's going on with condos. Hang on, then we'll come back to this issue to a boat. This is a very important topic right now. It's critical as a matter of fact, if anyone knows anyone in a condo or townhome I have looked at. In fact, I was just discussing it over the weekend with an expert. Hang on and we'll talk about what I call the coming crisis of this kind of condominium and town home living. Right after this, go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay us until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, your troubleshooter three O three seven one three talk three oh three seven one three A two five five. All right.
Speaker 4: So here's the deal, Lisa.
Speaker 1: You are facing and a problem that so many people are facing with townhomes and condos, and I believe it's coming to a crisis. And here's what it is. No one wants to pay more in dues. No one so hoa's that try the boards that try to raise dues get voted out, or if it requires approval from the board from the condo and town home owners, they turn it down. So what happens if you're collecting money and there's not enough to pay the bills? What happens the bills aren't paid, you can't afford insurance, You can't afford anything. It implodes, it has to declare up bankruptcy. It literally goes into default. And it's a terrible situation. But you have stupid people who don't understand that you have to collect a certain amount of money to pay a certain amount of bills. When you have insurance go up by sixty and seventy percent. As you probably know, Lisa, you have to collect. You have to collect more money to pay for it. And when you need painting or pay or any maintenance, it's gonna cost money. And if you don't have money in the coffers, you have to raise the money.
Speaker 6: Then you can't get insurance as well if you don't repair these things.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so it's it's cumulative. It's a snowball, and it's a coming crisis because you can't give everyone who owns a condo an economics lesson.
Speaker 4: But if you have how many units in your place, Lisa.
Speaker 8: And there's forty okay.
Speaker 4: Forty units one building?
Speaker 1: How many buildings we have, ten, ten buildings, do you realize? Do you realize one hundred thousand dollars for each building?
Speaker 4: And maintenance?
Speaker 1: Deferred maintenance is not impossible to imagine if you haven't done a lot, right, I'm going to tell you something that divided by forty units is twenty five thousand dollars a unit. And what I'm saying is, what's that? I'm sorry, Yeah, your math is way off. Twenty five hundred yeah, wait, a million dollars a million, they're saying, I'm sorry because it's one hundred I set one hundred thousand dollars per building. I might be wrong. There were ten buildings, got it?
Speaker 4: That's a million.
Speaker 1: Dollars, a million dollars divided by forty units. I think that's right. And that's twenty five thousand dollars per unit. So that's not unheard of a million dollars in deferred maintenance.
Speaker 4: Especially, But here's the deal.
Speaker 1: That's why the management and company is thrown up their hands. They're saying, we can't manage it. We can't manage and honestly, it's all the board's fault. They should have had these fees charged to each person a year, two, three, four, five years ago. Here's what it's going to take, Lisa. You guys are going to have to get together as a board and look at what your powers are. In the bylaws. There are powers granted to the board for emergency assessments or dues. Not everything has to go to the membership. And if you guys don't come to Grips what I call a come to Jesus meeting, a come to your higher power meeting, whatever you want to call it, you must do a math lesson.
Speaker 4: I mean, I'm sure you know what has to be.
Speaker 1: Done at this place, and you need to get someone in there, an attorney, to explain that it must be done. And when it's done, these assessments made, then you I mean you're gonna have to hire people to come in and play hardball.
Speaker 4: You may have to have foreclosures, many that.
Speaker 6: You lose any equity you've built there. I mean literally, you lose your house, still owe money on it, still owe the mortgage and you have nothing.
Speaker 4: Very good points, Lisa.
Speaker 6: And one more thing, Tom, I realize it's starting to get bad here. But in Florida, ever since that pool collapsed and that one condo, and it was about four or five years ago, there's buildings out there that they have no money to fix stuff, and they get condemned and people lose everything.
Speaker 1: I know, I know, I swear to you. It's like they think if they hide their head in the sand, it's going to go away.
Speaker 4: Lisa, how many people on your board?
Speaker 8: There's only three of us, are you guys?
Speaker 4: Is the board reasonable? Would they listen to me?
Speaker 1: For example, if I if I zoomed with you guys? I mean, or would they think because I'm not out for anything except to help you guys not be in a crisis? Are they reasonable? Do they?
Speaker 4: First of all, do you know what your powers are? Do you even know that?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 8: They they were doing everything well, the plumbers were.
Speaker 1: What I mean is if you don't if you don't have enough money, Muce, did you take in a month in dues?
Speaker 8: We take in eleven thousand a month.
Speaker 1: Okay, now that's not chicken crap that that's all right? Okay, eleven thousand a month. Still not enough. Probably for forty units. That's times twelve, not if you have deferred maintenance. So that's one hundred and thirty two thousand a year minus about minus about twelve grand for management.
Speaker 4: So you're looking at them.
Speaker 8: Yeah, our water water, the water cost probably about forty five fifty thousand. We had a pool of this.
Speaker 4: Oh oh my god. They're not taking any money in then.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, Well, Lisa, you called with the wrong concern. You called about collecting dues from one unit. What you need to be concerned about is someone who can go in there and whip this place into shape.
Speaker 6: Well you should have while they're still working for you. Ask your attorneys if they have an attorney over it. It was called rocale. And see what power you guys have is the three board members to have a special emergency assessment for X amount of money to get the thingneck.
Speaker 1: And unfortunately you have to play hardball if you make an assessment and people can't pay that. There are ways to steal for clothes. Now, listen, you don't normally hear me helping Hoa's But at the same time, you can't have stupid owners who refuse to look at reality, right, Lisa, you guys have.
Speaker 4: A coming crisis.
Speaker 1: When was this?
Speaker 4: When were these units.
Speaker 8: Built nineteen seventy three?
Speaker 1: You have a.
Speaker 4: Big, big, big ass problem.
Speaker 1: A Bob logan, their HA their HVAC system built in the seventies.
Speaker 4: What kind of systems do you have? Do you know it's got to be a boiler?
Speaker 1: Well maybe is it one boiler that feeds all units it's in the building, one boiler per building. Or do they have sub units that have hot water that goes to a unit in their ceiling?
Speaker 8: Individual in our units.
Speaker 1: So do you have a boiler in your unit or does your water heater pump up to a unit that heats your house?
Speaker 8: I have a hot water heater and a boiler in my main living Okay.
Speaker 1: Well that's good.
Speaker 4: So you each have a boiler, right, correct? And then what do you do to cool.
Speaker 8: For the pool?
Speaker 1: No cool?
Speaker 4: To cool for ac? Air conditioning?
Speaker 8: Individual?
Speaker 2: Some have.
Speaker 8: I I have a window, a couple of them, one upstairs, one down, and then we take them.
Speaker 4: Out in their windows. So so you have no central in this, right, that's good? Every homeowners responsible.
Speaker 1: Every homeowner is responsible, right? So that so I'm going to ask Bob logan. So if we're looking at twenty twenty four, actually we're looking at twenty twenty five minus nineteen seventy three, we're looking at a fifty two. Tell me how long do those boilers last? Mom?
Speaker 4: Be honest, they're beyond it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, boilers last a lot longer than a furnaceer air conditioning system.
Speaker 1: But yes, they're beyond it. Are you guys having any trouble with boilers?
Speaker 8: I'm not, thank god.
Speaker 1: How are the bylaws written? Are you responsible? Are you all responsible for your own boilers?
Speaker 11: Yes?
Speaker 4: Wonderful, that's good.
Speaker 1: Listen, Yeah, Lisa, you need you need someone to look over your bylaws to see what your powers are. Then you need an X then you so you take these steps. An attorney like Brad O'Brien or Brian Legal Services. Brad is truly a good guy and he can represent an HA not for a big lawsuit, just say here is our bilos, tell us what are what we can do for deferred maintenance or stuff that we need to get done, and he'll he'll outline very easily. He does all kinds of real estate issues and this is one of them. O Lslaw dot com. I'm going to give you the number, just ask him how many hours did you.
Speaker 4: Think it might take? And then once you get that you know what your powers are.
Speaker 1: Then I want you to get an expert company out there to estimate any deferred maintenance that has to be done in common areas, not for individual units, for common areas, and then see if you have enough money in the coffers to do it. And if not, do you have any money built up in the coffers.
Speaker 8: No, we had our reserves all up to where they needed to be. When we went over to Roquel, we had just got all our reserves where they were supposed.
Speaker 4: To be, like and then and then one and then we.
Speaker 8: Went over to this new way of h way and and now.
Speaker 4: Did they use the money for? What did they use the money for?
Speaker 8: Huh thanky?
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, thank god, you haven't had any roof damages.
Speaker 8: We got that replaced probably seven years ago.
Speaker 1: Thank goodness. Now here's the number for olslaw dot com for any real estate issues.
Speaker 4: Seven to zero.
Speaker 8: Okay, give me one second.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this is really important. So first you do that.
Speaker 1: Then you get a contractor out there, like a genesis or a good contract to tell you what generally might need to be done. What kind of siding do you guys have? Well, no, you're already painted, so that's okay. Yeah, that's good. And but you just get someone to eyeball it. Maybe you don't have a lot of deferred maintenance. That could be that you're not that bad off. But you need to know your powers for assessment and raising dues. If all you maybe all you need to do is raise some dues. So you raise some dues and build up the coffers and don't blame the management company.
Speaker 4: At this point, I don't really think it's therefore.
Speaker 1: I think they're trying to get out of this because of it. They might even be able to interpret for you what your powers are. Tell them you want to work with them to try to get to shore up the hias and to raise the has. And if your members want to zoom with me or Mark at any time, we'd be happy to do it.
Speaker 4: Mark can do it just as well as I can.
Speaker 1: Here's here's the number seven to zero three seven zero seven three eight eight. That's O'Brien to start with. I'm Tom Martinez. We have to take this break and we got more coming upwaterpros dot Net for water softening systems or drinking water at your kitchen sink right now, fourteen hundred dollars fully installed for the reverse osmosis. That's three three eight six two five five five four. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. For an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one. Help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 4: Hi Tom Martino, your troubleshooter.
Speaker 1: Three old three seven one three talk three all three seven one three eight two five five, Welcome to the show. Let's talk now, Lisas. That's it, I mean, that's all we can do at this point for the HA and everyone. You have a coming crisis if you're in an HIA community, a condor town home and you don't know what you're doing. Oscar's got an issue with a boat Oscar. What's happening?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 12: I am from Colorado, and so is the guy who purchased the boat. His name is Adam Neil McKendrick. McKittrick, and I have purchased a boat in Long Key, in the bottom of Florida.
Speaker 13: And he didn't have a trailer. I had called about the boat. He said they were willing to take three thousand down and pay the other two thousand in thirty days.
Speaker 1: So wait, wait, wait, so it's a five thousand dollars purchase, right, yes, sir, okay? And Adam Neil McKendrick, mckintrick.
Speaker 4: Whatever the hell it is. He lives in Florida.
Speaker 13: He lives in Boulder, Colorado. He's a professor for the CU campus that I found out later. But anyways, I got down there the.
Speaker 1: Wait wait, he lives here, but his boat is in Florida, so was he.
Speaker 13: We both happened to be down here on vacationing.
Speaker 1: I got it, got it? And he does he keep the boat in Florida?
Speaker 13: Yes, he does, down in a place called Outdoors Resorts.
Speaker 1: On long Outdoor Resorts? Is that that? That's that RV park.
Speaker 13: I think it's a condominium it's like a big resort place. They have a marina there and okay, got it?
Speaker 1: Okay, uh huh so now so Adam was down there and you bought it and the transaction happened in Florida.
Speaker 13: Yes, sir, on the resort is where the transaction happened. And he said, when I drove down there to pick it up, he said that the motors could, but the lower unit had.
Speaker 14: Like a leak.
Speaker 13: I said, fine, no big deal. When I got down there, they wouldn't let me look at it, and I'd already signed the contract, signed the contract and paid the money. They wouldn't let me test drive or look at it, and the marina made me leave with the boat because I wasn't allowed.
Speaker 1: Well, Oscar, Oscar, I know what you're trying to do. You're trying to build a case that you're a victim because you were taking advantage of But you you chose when you got down there, you chose to go through with the deal. And I don't know why you would have signed the contract beforehand, not pending an inspection or anything.
Speaker 4: I don't know why you did all this.
Speaker 1: Now again, Oscar, this is the kind of thing that when you go on next door. You're going to say Tom Martinez and AJO, he's a jerk, He's this, and I don't care, but I have to tell you the truth. You're the one that made the mistakes. You are now, did they take advantage of you? Maybe they did, but you let them. You signed it sight unseen, you did not make it contingent on an inspection, and you went down and took delivery without testing it. So you can't There's a lot of things you may not be able to undo. Now, having said all of that, let's explore it and find something that might be able to help you right after this. Let's do that. Okay, I don't mind doing that. Let's look and see what.
Speaker 4: We can do.
Speaker 1: Probdenergy dot com for solar energy. They do commercial and residential, good honest people from uh from installation to service. That's probid energy dot com. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 4: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 1: Time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 4: Martino, you're a troubleshooter.
Speaker 1: Three O three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five. Oscar has an issue here. Let's try to see if we can help him. Okay, because I mean, he basically signed a contract site unseen. He didn't make it contingent on final inspection. He got down there. Even if he didn't make it contingent on final inspection, he got down there and didn't inspect it. Now he's giving all the reasons why he couldn't. Well, that tells you go away. In my opinion, he had several times the red.
Speaker 4: Flags, but he already gave him the three grand.
Speaker 1: Well, that's what I said. A lot of mistakes were made, But was it their mistake? No, they did everything flawlessly. They gave him a contract, gave him a boat. Now he said it was fraud in inducement. That's the most common claim we get, fraud in the inducement, lying to get you to sign. Can you prove it? That's what I want to get at. Can you prove they lied to you? Now, don't say yes unless you can't. Do you have texts that say it's in perfect condition, the engine was just done, or the battery's great, or do you have anything we can nail them with?
Speaker 13: Okay?
Speaker 12: So this is what I do have, Okay, is I.
Speaker 13: Did make a mistake. And first off, I want to tell you you're very awesome. You helped eight months ago my company had got ripped off by the government and they eventually paid. You're awesome, and I take your your answers. They're correct. So there's small things that I couldn't Okay. When I got down there and I wanted to test drive, they said it leaked to oil and they were allowed to or they'd get a ticket. I tried, and it was a red flag. I understand. I spent something like eight hundred to rent a trailer and drive eight hours to pick it up, and they said it they had the paperwork saying that it only had the steal missing and all these things.
Speaker 12: And I made a huge mistake.
Speaker 13: Okay. So when I took the boat and I got back home.
Speaker 12: I took it to the mechanic.
Speaker 13: There was a hole in the powerhead. The motor was no good at all. And then when I had reached out, before I got even a chance to reach out to him, Adam had texted me and he said, I'm honey and I don't have any food. Can you send that money? And I thought that was weird, so I started investigating. He is a professor at CEU and it's a crazy situation.
Speaker 4: Oscar. Here's what I need to know.
Speaker 1: Are there any representations they made that you can prove or he made that you can prove, and then we can nab him.
Speaker 4: And are you sure you're actually dealing hony claims? Are you sure you're dealing with the actual professor? That whole story sounds insane.
Speaker 13: It is. That's why I'm calling you.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, Oscar. Oscar, whether he's a professor or not. But I know why you're saying that, because you figure it might be easier to collective if we call him.
Speaker 4: Up and he gets scared.
Speaker 6: But what I'm saying is he said the professor catched him afterwards, saying can I get the rest of my money?
Speaker 4: I'm starving like he can't buy a sandwich.
Speaker 13: Well, and I felt bad for him.
Speaker 4: I say, And I doubt it's a professor's all. I'm saying. It could be humor. I don't know, Oscar.
Speaker 1: I'm going to ask this again, because this is the only thing that counts.
Speaker 13: I have proof the ad that.
Speaker 1: What do you have? What does the ad say?
Speaker 13: It says the motor is good and it needs love?
Speaker 4: Okay, hold on, hold on, hold on.
Speaker 1: Now, when you got down there though, they told you it was leaking oil?
Speaker 4: Is that right?
Speaker 13: The lower unit that's separate than the motor. It's and I would have the whole new lower unit's like two grand I would have replaced it.
Speaker 4: How much how much do they have of your money right now?
Speaker 15: Nine dollars?
Speaker 1: You're in the driver's seat actually, because you're not going to pay him the rest?
Speaker 15: Are you?
Speaker 13: No, sir, I'm not.
Speaker 1: Okay. If you do, you have the registration, everything's signed over to you.
Speaker 13: No, I do not. They have the title and I just have a copy of the registration.
Speaker 1: You got a problem, then, okay? What I would do is sue them in small claims court.
Speaker 4: But where do you The.
Speaker 13: Only problem with that is I signed the contract. I trusted this guy they were in a resort. They said it was you.
Speaker 4: Signed the contract.
Speaker 1: What you keep going off font tangents, You sign the contract.
Speaker 13: What and I would pay the other money?
Speaker 16: Uh?
Speaker 13: And then so if I go to small claim on the contract, it says.
Speaker 1: As is okay, All right, hold on, let's see if we can brainstorm something and we'll take ron a follow up from last week on the apartment. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 4: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 1: Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 2: Rit so you don't have come runs just as nass as we can. Shooter's gonna help coming man.
Speaker 4: This is the Troubleshooter Show.
Speaker 1: No Tom Martine, Hi Tom Martino, Your trouble Shooter three oh three seven one three talk seven one, three, eight, two, five five. What's on your mind today? How do we help you? All you have to do is call us.
Speaker 4: To find out.
Speaker 1: We got a terrible situation with a guy that bought a boat. We're gonna go back to, but I want to talk to Ron first. We got Bob Logan with us from plumb Line Services, and they were talking about as we had a text here Bob from Plumbline Services, plumbing, heat and cooling, electric and drains. Someone said they had a boiler in their condo unit. Have you ever seen condos with individual boilers?
Speaker 4: Well, we don't. We don't do commercial properties.
Speaker 1: But so you won't.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like that a condom uncommon. You won't come to my condom, not.
Speaker 7: If it has well, if it has units above or below it, we will not.
Speaker 1: If it has mechanical room and it was owned by an owner.
Speaker 4: And it's because.
Speaker 7: There's within many yeah, within commercial properties, there's you know, shared line sometimes you go from one unit to another when you're snaking drain lines.
Speaker 1: But even with it has its own mechanical room, let's say, let's correct, you wouldn't even do that.
Speaker 4: No, we used to do that, remember, I mean you did mine.
Speaker 7: Yeah, thirty percent of our business was we decided I decided five years You're calling.
Speaker 4: It commercial though, is what I'm saying.
Speaker 7: It's a commercial Consider a commercial, right, Yeah, we five years ago, I said, you know what, we're going to be the best residential service provider in the state. And we're not gonna get into you know, we never know a new construction. We got out of commercial number one. Yes, residential service provider in the state.
Speaker 1: And so it's hard for people in condos, it really is. That's another problem is getting I mean you're not the only one.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but but there's there's some good you know, mechanical companies and plumbers and electricians that the deal in commercial properties that did a great job.
Speaker 1: Now, Ron had a problem last week that was weird.
Speaker 4: Mark, This one was so weird.
Speaker 1: But his apartment had a leak in the ceiling and he said, I stopped the leak by turning off my water heater. And I said, your water heater isn't in the ceiling, he said, but that's it's used. What threw me off. He said, it was used for air conditioning. It's actually was used for heat. So there's a constant loop going to a boil, not a boiler, a heat exchanger up on in his ceiling and it goes from his water heater, so his water heater serves as a boiler and a water heater, and then it goes to a unit in his ceiling which is a heat exchanger which then blows hot air. And then uh, he also has a c which is separate. So this was weird. I didn't know why it was leaking. I said, I need to get somebody out there. So Deputy Bow used to be in that business, and he went out there and Ron, you have a follow up. Bo told us kind of what happened. Go ahead, Bo, Yeah, I mean sorry, Ron, go ahead?
Speaker 2: Ron.
Speaker 17: Oh yes, Tom, I appreciate you sending Bow out.
Speaker 14: As a Saturday.
Speaker 13: That same unit is leaking.
Speaker 15: Again, and non't know what's going on. Yeh, leacing again?
Speaker 4: Okay, because I think, yeah, Bo, who did you talk to me?
Speaker 2: So?
Speaker 1: Ron?
Speaker 11: I told you when I came out there last week that you should probably get Renter's insurance And then I left your manager, Amy Bush Meeter Bouchard a message. So they said the cause of the leak was your thermost Dad, and they were blaming you for it. No, I can tell you what's that. I knew I thought about this. I knew this thing would probably leak again. Now they did replace the heating.
Speaker 1: Why did you wait one thing at a time? Why did you think it would leak again?
Speaker 11: I thought it would leak again, Tom, because the it's the air conditioning coil. The air conditioning coil is right next to the heating coil, and if there's not enough refrigerant in the coil, the coil will freeze up. Okay, so the coil froze. This is why I think happened. Because Ron kept turning the thermist dad down because it wasn't cooling enough. So with the unit having lack of refrigerant charge froze up.
Speaker 18: And then the coldness of the of the.
Speaker 11: Coil migrated over to the heating coil and froze the heating coil and it it's like a car radiator.
Speaker 18: This is why I think it happened. So I told him it's.
Speaker 4: Not his fault, is it?
Speaker 18: Heck, no, it's not his fault.
Speaker 11: And I left the message Roy Management Company, they need to get a competent contractor after to check the refrigerant charge. That's what's causing the leak on the heating side. It's kind of strange, but it has nothing to do with the heating coil. It's the actual freezing up of the evaporating coil.
Speaker 18: The elite so they needed they so.
Speaker 11: They spent a lot of money and changed the heating coil, but they didn't fix the initial problem. The initial problem is Ron doesn't have enough refrigerant in that apartment, so the coil that refrigerant side it well.
Speaker 1: Is there a way you can tell them that so they don't start they don't keep bugging him.
Speaker 11: Tom, I left the gallon message last week. She didn't call. I will call again this one.
Speaker 4: What's the name of the management company.
Speaker 18: It's Mercy Apartments.
Speaker 11: It's the apartments called it's called park Side Apartments, but it's run by Mercy. It's a big Catholic organization for low income housing.
Speaker 18: I can call a manager again during the next break. Let's do that Ron.
Speaker 11: It'll keep leaking and they need to address the issue with the refrigeration, not with the heating site.
Speaker 1: Hey, by the way, Bob Logan with Plumbline wants to hire you if you SA that's okay. We do have open and he's just kidding, but he does have openings. But I don't think you'd like Bo. Bo is too much of a boss. He owned his own company, so I don't think he'd be a good fit, right right, Bo?
Speaker 7: You know what, Tom, without exaggerating, I bet twenty percent of the people that work for us as technicians own the one own company at one time, and they decided, for one reason or another that they're better off working for Plumbline.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I know, but Bo's too old anyway, He's an old fart. We don't discriminate based on age, time and handicapped.
Speaker 11: So so Ron, I'm going to call Ron off the air, okay, and the management company again, we.
Speaker 1: Do appreciate it. Thank you very much, Bo, because you did shed light on that thing. Hey, Bo went before you got out of the business. Were you a supplier or were you a contractor?
Speaker 18: We did both. My great uncle started a company.
Speaker 4: What was the name of it, maybe Bob heard of it.
Speaker 18: Federal Heating Incorporated.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, yeah, they've been around forever.
Speaker 18: Eighty years.
Speaker 11: And then in the eighties then we became more of a I'm just curious Federal.
Speaker 1: I know, I know they're they're good, good heritage.
Speaker 4: So anyway, thank you bo for that. We got more coming up.
Speaker 1: Uh and I want to go back to the phones, but it's just such a pain when this happens. Ron. We're going to try to make another call and help you out there. Oscar with the boat now, Oscar, God, I'm trying to figure out what to do. I don't know that it's a contract. I don't think it is. I think it is a little misrepresented. But here's the problem, and I checked with.
Speaker 4: My legal expert here.
Speaker 1: The problem is, you had every opportunity not to do what you did. This is the biggest put the biggest problem. But but but, but but but right now you are in the driver's seat. If you did not pay the rest. Now, this guy might sue you for the rest. But if you show the ad and just will.
Speaker 2: He sue you?
Speaker 1: How much?
Speaker 6: I totally disagree with you on this, man, I think I haven't said anything.
Speaker 1: I haven't said anything. I told him not to pay, no, not to pay it. I'm saying, there's no one to sue. There's no one that's going to sue him. He got totally well enough, I said, Mark, you're not disagreeing with me. You're making an observation. There's a difference. I did not say he was going to be sued. I said they may sue you for this. I don't know what will happen. I I really don't know what will happen. But I certainly wouldn't pay if I felt ripped off. So Mark, why do you think you were looking during the break?
Speaker 4: Why do you think there's no one to come after that?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 6: First of all, the phone numbers funky. As he gets man, it rings three times and just goes dead, silence. No one answers, no voicemail. I have no idea. It's like some Yahoo or Google number. In fact, it's even worse than that. I don't know what it is. Then the second thing is there's no professor at see you with that name, nobody anywhere period, and a professor is not going to call him up looking for the last two thousand dollars, claiming that he's starving and needs a sandwich or whatever the hell it said.
Speaker 1: It makes no sense.
Speaker 13: That trust me, And he didn't say he was a professor. My sister does a lot of research. She spends an hour the other day researching, and then she came up with that's what she came up with in her research she found but she could be wrong. You know, we could be wrong. We just tried to find.
Speaker 2: Who it was.
Speaker 4: My point is, you bought it from a ghost. Well somebody had to turn the keys over to them, and yeah, it was parked.
Speaker 6: It's some place where they rent it or where they you know, they pay for a slip.
Speaker 13: Well, they're trying to They did say they're going to serve me because I've been on social media and I put a posts on Facebook platforms down there in the resorts, and I've explained the whole thing and they're trying to shut me up.
Speaker 4: But who the resort or the mc millan or whatever his name is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but why don't you just now how much will it cost you to fix it's unfixable.
Speaker 13: You have to buy a new motor and it's seven thousand dollars.
Speaker 4: But who's trying to sue you?
Speaker 1: I want to know that.
Speaker 4: Who's threatening you.
Speaker 13: Gretchen, Gretchen McKittrick. She's on Facebook and they she sends me messages. They said they're going to get me arrested and they're going to call the police because I keep voicing the truth and I keep posting things on Facebook, explaining the story, showing their ad, showing everything that I can down there in the Keys. And so today they sent me a letter and they say we need to serve you today. I said, well, my ID has my dress and I'll be in Keys protesting in front of the marina that sold me this scam.
Speaker 1: By the way, we are live. We are live on YouTube through my MacBook. It was a pain in the ass brain damage. But see what you think, Mark, I mean, we can't put up all our stuff like we normally do, but we're live. So if you go to YouTube, I think we're live. I mean it says we're live, and I see Bob's a good looking fit. I see them right there.
Speaker 4: So I'm talking about my gray hair.
Speaker 1: We're going to turn on our lights.
Speaker 4: Yeah, welcome to our family.
Speaker 1: Are we live? Mark?
Speaker 4: That's how you know you're at home?
Speaker 1: Would you verify we're live or not?
Speaker 4: Bro, You're only loved by people who make fun of you.
Speaker 1: Anyway, I want to get on the chat and say, yo, moron, So morons trying to get on good? I am live, all right, let me switch my channel to me so I can I can be.
Speaker 10: Looking at you and Logan he looks like those talk shows and you should be like a homeless guest.
Speaker 1: What I look pretty damn good today. I got my red shirt on. I don't even know, man, what you're saying. What's that?
Speaker 10: I appreciate you, doc, I said at Logan, he looks like you know laments.
Speaker 1: Okay, well here I am, morons, I'm here. You know what Mark I wanted? The reason I wanted to go live, I want to. I don't.
Speaker 4: I don't even know how to show this media.
Speaker 1: Now I don't have to do anything, but in any case, I took one of our YouTube morons as promised, on an adventure yesterday. We'll talk about that and now let's see what else we're gonna do. Oh, we're gonna have see what BO can find out from that apartment complex. And we got more coming up right after this. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel roofing dot com.
Speaker 4: You don't pay a cent until you're content than.
Speaker 1: Time for an insurance checkup free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three O three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot Com to list your home with Remax Alliance three three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, your troubleshooter finally up on YouTube.
Speaker 4: Now we're not on our normal stream.
Speaker 1: I had to do it for my laptop, and I wonder how I can.
Speaker 4: How can I show up video on here?
Speaker 1: Mark?
Speaker 4: Do you know I don't even know how to do. I don't even like Max. I have no idea, sir, okay, but it's working.
Speaker 1: And Mike the YouTube war ons, as much as they like giving me crap, they're gonna tell you right now, this is the and I mean the sharpest picture we ever had. You can see everything, my muscle definition, everything, my vascularity. I'm just kidding guys. For her vagina oscar oscar oscar Oscar. Mark doesn't think anyone's gonna come at to you. He thinks that's a big fraud. From the beginning, I.
Speaker 4: Think the guy swindled you.
Speaker 6: Man took three grand in cash for a you in Florida, and I don't know if he lives in Colorado or not. He might, but I doubt he's gonna sue you, But who knows.
Speaker 13: Yeah, I'm gonna go down to the resort. We made signs. I'm gonna protest there.
Speaker 6: For three d But Oscar, I got to ask you something. I don't understand why you keep saying that. What does the resort have to do with any of this?
Speaker 13: They're the ones that wouldn't let me. They wouldn't give me five minutes.
Speaker 6: Because your boat's leaking oil. They won't allow it in the water.
Speaker 13: No, they wouldn't even let me be there. They needed me out of there. What I wasn't allowed to do the deal correctly. They kept trying to get me to get out of there. I only what there.
Speaker 1: Maybe I just don't know what the resort has to do with it. Yeah, but I don't think. In other words, why do you keep bringing that up?
Speaker 4: By the way, I'm curious.
Speaker 13: In my opinion, the deal was done on their property, and it is a scam that the motor it doesn't work. It's just a huge scam. So how is it not there? Partially their responsibility. They facilitated the everything about it. It kind of helped them scam me by getting me off the property where I wasn't allowed to do anything.
Speaker 1: Man, they didn't.
Speaker 4: Now, I'm sorry, you're that stretching at Oscar.
Speaker 15: I'm allowed Oscar opinion.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it's just stretching it though. It's not going to help you legally or anything, I don't think.
Speaker 13: But obequally, I don't have any legs to stand on.
Speaker 1: I'm well, I don't know that. I'm not giving you. I want you to be I want to be very clear here. I haven't looked at anything. I'm not giving you any legal advice. I have no idea what's going on with this transaction. If it was me, I wouldn't pay the rest and I would use And how much is it going to? Like? How much you were going to pay? How much? Total?
Speaker 13: Five thousand dollars and you pay two so far three?
Speaker 1: So for the extra two that's owed? Could you could you get in motor or fix that one?
Speaker 12: No, there's no repairing it. It's got a hole in the power here.
Speaker 1: How much? How much is the motor seven thousand?
Speaker 13: It's brand new, it's nine, but it's a twenty eighteen. That's what I bought the whole boat for.
Speaker 12: Is the motor?
Speaker 4: So can you.
Speaker 1: Are you ever going to go back down to Florida? Maybe you consume is Mark? Could he assume him here if he lives here? Does this guy live here?
Speaker 4: I don't think he knows who to sue.
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 1: Who signed the bill of sale? Oscar?
Speaker 4: Who signed the contract?
Speaker 13: Me and the guy, Adam Neil McKittrick.
Speaker 4: McKittrick. Do you have a phone number for McKittrick?
Speaker 15: I did.
Speaker 13: I provided it, but he doesn't ever answer. My sister tried to rest numbers.
Speaker 4: We've all tried it to numbers. No good.
Speaker 1: Man, Holy crap.
Speaker 4: Can't even afford a sandwich. How's he going to afford his phone bill?
Speaker 6: That's what I'm saying. The whole thing, the whole thing makes zero sense.
Speaker 1: It doesn't.
Speaker 13: That's why it doesn't make sense to me either. And that's why the wife I've been communicating with her on Facebook and I've just been letting her know.
Speaker 4: That you're so screwed. Either way.
Speaker 6: One, if the guy is real and sues you, you're gonna lose.
Speaker 1: I gotta get this.
Speaker 6: He probably doesn't care. You're never gonna get your three thousand back.
Speaker 1: So basically, can you get your two hold on? And I'm asking this now, can you sell anything you have for a total of two grand? That stuff.
Speaker 15: On the boat?
Speaker 13: You mean with the boater, what do you mean? Yeah, yeah, I don't think so. I think right now the value is seven hundred dollars is what they valued it at.
Speaker 4: Oh, you're just is that with or without title?
Speaker 13: The guy at the mechanic shop offered two hundred for the motor and another guy offered seven hundred for the rest of the pontoon. Because it's from nineteen ninety eight, the only thing that was worth any money was the motor. And when we did get it here, the lower unit was leaking, but the motor was no good. The top part was garbage. And that was what I spent most of the money. I just needed the motor to be anywhere good or even repairable. It was supposed to be good, and it was, you know, supposed to be great. But I made a mistake. And I just called you to maybe see if there's any other recourse. But you know, I made the mistake. I take full responsibility, and you know, I guess I've learned a lesson.
Speaker 18: But you can't.
Speaker 6: You can't even get a hold of the guy that's the biggest problem.
Speaker 13: Well, he'll he'll answer my phone call, but he won't. He won't return my He's returned my sister's text saying who is this and then she says, we're trying to resolve the pontoons this situation, and he won't communicate. He wan't.
Speaker 5: There's no he don't want to.
Speaker 13: That's why it's such a scam too. Most real people, when I didn't even put it in the water, drive it nothing. I took it right to get inspected.
Speaker 15: Most people, real.
Speaker 12: People, when you show them the paperwork saying.
Speaker 13: Hey, we got this from you. It's complete garbage. Are you willing to do anything? Most people will do something. These people won't do anything, and that's that's why it's a scam. And that's why I kind of I believed that place, that the resort place is a very very expensive locked everything real nice thought, and he said it has been mating this regularly. I checked the oil. It seem clean. There's you know, I got screwed. I just I don't know what else to do. When I go down there and protest, and what it will do is it will show everybody in the area what kind of you know people these are that's all I can do. There's no other recourse. So that's what That's what I'm gonna plan to do, is go down there with signs bro test the resort from outside. I already talked to the coffee.
Speaker 1: Were not the resort's fault.
Speaker 13: It's I've got their name on it. I'm gonna be That's where they live is inside a condominium gated resort. So I'm going to stand outside with their name on a board saying that they ripped me off.
Speaker 4: Oh you mean that the people ripped you off?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, gotcha.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well listen, I think that I can't argue with you. Okay, I'd be pissed off too, I would sorry. Three oh three seven to one three talks seven one three eight two five five. Bob, I'm getting a lot of texts. I got to get to some of them. Here. Do you do heat pumps? And do you recommend them? And when do you not recommend him? This guy is a solar system being installed. He wants to take advantage of as much electricity. What do you recommend, Bob Logan? Let me get to a two shot here, even though it's.
Speaker 4: Gonna take tom.
Speaker 19: What's that we have Gretchen, the person who sold the boat on the line.
Speaker 1: Okay, let me take a break down and give her. Can I give her a lot of Can I give her good time? Gretchen? Please hold because I don't want to. I'm just about ready to take a break. But real quick, Bob on the solar, what do you guys recommend you have electric furnaces heat pumps?
Speaker 8: What?
Speaker 4: Yeah, we saw a ton of heat pumps.
Speaker 7: In fact, that's that's the direction government regulations are going. And and they're they're great products. They're not for everybody, but especially.
Speaker 4: Now how far? How far will they go down? And cold?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 1: How how you know? I was told you can't, you can't use that's that's that's an old technology, first generational techication. So that's that was old school stuff. You could only do forty degrees.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, yeah, Now now.
Speaker 1: It can be a regular heater. Yes, So if you have solar, why wouldn't you do that would be paid?
Speaker 4: Yeah, with solar. With solar, it's a great option.
Speaker 7: Especially but even without solar, there there are a lot of situations where it makes sense.
Speaker 4: And I want to talk about that. This is where government's uh shouldn't go. This direction, so.
Speaker 1: And you're getting okay. I want to talk about the brands, and we have more coming up. I'm going to go right to Gretchen rep after this go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 4: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 1: Time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, your troubleshooter three O three seven one three talk three h three seven one three eight two five five. Let's keep going here and try to do everything we can to help you. And Bob Logan is with us. I want to go though to Gretchen. Gretchen said she sold the boat. Now, I don't know how Gretchen found out about this at all, by the way, because her the person told with the person who we were told sold the boat was not named Gretchen. Are you there, Gretchen first, Gretchen alone? I don't now, Gretchen. Were yes, were you listening to this?
Speaker 8: Yeah, I'm the wife of Adam McKittrick.
Speaker 4: Is Adam a professor by the way.
Speaker 8: No, huh huh.
Speaker 20: We live in Colorado seven months of the year. We live in the Keys seven months of the year.
Speaker 1: That's fun, that's fun. So did you guys know this boat motor had a hole in it?
Speaker 4: Gretchen?
Speaker 19: Yeah, and so did he.
Speaker 20: It leaked, was leaking when we showed him the boat and why we couldn't We couldn't start.
Speaker 8: The motor in the marina.
Speaker 20: We showed him where the leak was.
Speaker 8: We showed him the paperwork of a Bucani.
Speaker 4: But did you know it was a hole or did you know the engine was shot?
Speaker 14: It was a hole.
Speaker 19: A mechanic never told us it was a hole.
Speaker 20: They just said that.
Speaker 19: It needed new seals, which we texted we have.
Speaker 20: Texts to this Oscar guy and told him that it will need a seal job.
Speaker 19: And the reprise.
Speaker 20: Reflected all of that.
Speaker 19: I mean, we sold it for a We lifted it for sixty five.
Speaker 20: We gave it to him for five He said he could give us half down now and half later, and.
Speaker 19: We let him drive it away.
Speaker 8: He brought this the one.
Speaker 1: Thing, the one reason I believe you as far as you didn't know the extent of damage. Do you know why I believe you. There's a reason, because you were willing to take half down now. Anyone who knew that they had a major engine problem would have never agreed to finance it because they would have anticipated not being paid. That's the one reason I find some credibility here.
Speaker 5: We didn't.
Speaker 8: We weren't trying to stay them.
Speaker 19: Yeah, we never owned the boat either, and we had just bought it maybe six months before that.
Speaker 1: Why does he think you're Why did he Why did he think you're a professor?
Speaker 14: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I want to bring up Oscar. I want to keep it civil, Oscar. Let's be fair here. Let's talk about this.
Speaker 13: Can you give me just one second to explain the most there's a motor that is on the top, and then there's a lower unit, the lower unit separate from the motor. The hole in the lower unit was the leak she was talking about. Yes, I understood that maximum costs could be newer lower unit two grand whatever the motor is, the thing that has a hole in it. Also, the motor is no good on the very top of it. So there and they had to make But.
Speaker 1: Do you agree, Oscar? Do you agree that they probably did not know that.
Speaker 13: If they can afford to live in the keys, why are they texting me saying they're hungry and all these weird things to pay so I.
Speaker 1: Can pay with Oscar? Can you ask me?
Speaker 15: No?
Speaker 1: No, no, seriously, one thing at a time though, And I'm not Oscar. I don't want to give you a hard time. You called us for help. I'm trying to get to the bottom of it. But doesn't it seem logical if they took fifty percent down and they expected you to pay fifty percent that they would have been crazy to do that if they knew the engine was bad.
Speaker 13: That was That's what it would seem. Yes, But before the mechanic could look at it, I kept getting these weird pressuring texts and I called at him and I said, listen, I need him to look at the motor to make sure before I send the last two grand. And he was very upset about that, and they wanted me to send it right away. And when the mechanic.
Speaker 8: Go no, no, the thing is only worn.
Speaker 1: Hold on, go ahead, go ahead, Gretchen.
Speaker 4: What were you going to say? Let Gretchen respond to that?
Speaker 19: Rectoring him he started pressuring him was because he had we bought He bought the boat on July twenty first. He was going to give us the money thirty days later.
Speaker 20: We started pressuring him probably the last week of August, first week this last week. That's why this has all started to come up. I don't think he had the boat looked at within that thirty days, which he's probably.
Speaker 13: I mean, he had more than enough time.
Speaker 19: But he's still tied in the contract, and it's a bill of fiale. And we've already we've already filed in small claims court and we have we're going to restraining order down there at the outdoor resorts. He's not supposed to show up because he threatened them this morning and said he's just going to drop the boat off in front of their resort.
Speaker 15: We did not.
Speaker 13: Right now, I did not. I called them talk to the manager, thank you very much. He said I could stand out for Rochest you guys.
Speaker 1: Yeah, But here's what I want to understand. I want to understand this. Guys, Gretchen and Adam, you really truly did not know you had an engine problem?
Speaker 8: No, let me say this, No, no, let him finish.
Speaker 4: Go ahead, Adam, go ahead, go ahead.
Speaker 16: That boat for that for that price, with no motor, the boat was worth five grand. Do you understand?
Speaker 1: It's a pontoon boats.
Speaker 13: And material on the seats, and it ran us with no problems.
Speaker 1: So but you but but okay, so you're saying, no matter what, it was cheap enough that it's a goodbye. But did you, guys know any did you know you had any problem with the engine other than the leak?
Speaker 4: Okay, well, no, we.
Speaker 14: Were only all we know is what we were told by two mechanics.
Speaker 8: We don't know anything about boat.
Speaker 1: Would we be able to talk would we be able to talk to any of those mechanics that checked it out.
Speaker 13: I'm here at my mechanic shop right now, Oscar good.
Speaker 1: I want to talk to Gretchen and Adam's mechanic. Got to take this break, guys, I look at here's another thing. Gretchen and Adam called in on their own. So and also they agreed to finance it. I'm not saying they're they're golden and telling one but a truth. But I'm saying that why would they ever agree to take half down and half later if they knew you were not going to have an engine? That's the part I don't understand. Okay, we got more coming right up, Hold on, go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three O three seven seven to one. Help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, your troubleshooter three all three seven to one three talk seven one three eight two five five. Welcome to the show. All right, let's talk and find out what we can do for you. Gretchen said she sold the boat, or she and her husband sold the boat, and Oscar believes they knew it was a piece of junk and cheated him. I don't think that's adding up right now, Bob Logan. You know, he's just sitting here innocently listening, and he says it probably they knew they had a leak, and they knew they had problems.
Speaker 4: But why would they ever agree to.
Speaker 1: A deposit and and a payment if they thought, and then he bought it as is thought he could fix it. I don't know, right, Bob. I mean, I don't see either one of them having bad intentions at this point. I mean, in the beginning.
Speaker 7: You know, I've bought used cars in the past with similar situations, and I think I'm fixing one thing and it ends up being two or three things. But you know, the it's an older car, older model problems, and the home or the owners don't really necessarily know all that stuff. They're just they go by what their mechanic tells them. And that that was my opinion that they probably just listened to the mechanic. They said it had a leak, they said, you know what, we don't want to deal with it. We'll just sell it as is and move on. You know, I don't I personally don't think they were trying to scam anybody.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't Oscar. You're gonna you're gonna have one hell of a time trying to prove fraud here. And let me just say something, just carefully to you. I'm saying this as a as a friend. I know that we love our listeners. If you go down there and start protesting and calling them fraudulent, they're going to have a distinct action again if it's not true. Okay, just keep this in mind, Oscar. Here's what I'm saying. Here's what I'm saying that that I know how to do it. I'm on radio, and I know when to do it. But I'm telling you that if you call someone a fraud, you better have I mean, you have to have more evidence than you bought a boat as is and it had a hole in the engine.
Speaker 4: You have to have way more evidence than.
Speaker 1: That, especially if they ever took you to court for defamation and it comes out that you had every that that that that you bought it despite the warning of e leak and all of that. I mean, I mean, I just think, Oscar, here's what I'm saying to you. I don't think you have fraud here. I think you have an unfortunate situation. I think, what's that.
Speaker 13: It's not an older boat, it's it's absolutely ridiculous that I end up. I didn't go to buy a salvage motor. They said the box.
Speaker 6: Then just tell the judge about it. Maybe you'll be fine. Man counter sue them for three grand Yeah, Oscar.
Speaker 1: All I'm saying is I don't think it was fraudulent, in my opinion, not willly.
Speaker 13: If they're not going to take it back, I can deliver it back. The motor's garbage, not the lower end leaking. The whole thing's garbage. The only thing on that nineteen ninety eight pontoon boat is the motor. It's a twenty eighteen. So by me, trust Gretchen.
Speaker 1: I want you guys to think about this because we're going to a break. I'm wondering, is there any kind of a anything can he return it for? Maybe and you keep a little bit.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I mean, I want to know what you're proposing where we.
Speaker 13: Well, we are willing.
Speaker 19: I've already filed in small clean courts.
Speaker 1: Right hold on one second, we were coming right back to you. Please hang on to that. Go with a sure thing. Denver's best roofer excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you are content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. Comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the Real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 2: Ripped News. Need that so you don't have to run in as fast as we can.
Speaker 1: Show Shooter's gonna help come Man Dix is the Troubleshooter Show.
Speaker 4: Now, Tom Martino, Hey.
Speaker 1: Tom Martino here, Welcome to the show. Three oh three seven month three talk seven one three eight two five five. Bob Logan is with us from Plumbline Services. By the way, Welcome to the show, Bob. This hour brought to you by Waterpros dot net for triple filter reverse osmosis water fountains at your kitchen sink for fourteen hundred dollars fully installed. And also I want to tell you about Denverregen dot com doing stem cell therapy. And that's stem cell therapy at Denverregen dot com. Also for hair restoration and weight loss compounded supplements for pennies on the dollar, Denver Region dot com. I don't know what to do about this boat thing that I think what's going to happen.
Speaker 4: Is God, I feel like we're beating a dead horse. Yeah, I don't think there's anything we can do.
Speaker 1: I mean, but she was.
Speaker 6: Before the time she's going to sort it all out. I mean, it's it's actually in a great spot. Let's follow up with them.
Speaker 1: But she was saying she was willing to do something, and I'm not sure what it was, Gretchen.
Speaker 4: Let's just we're gonna just end this. But I want to hear what.
Speaker 1: Yeah, when I said, are you guys willing to do any kind of a refund or anything if he takes the boat back, Gretchen, I would.
Speaker 19: I would send him the title for the boat for what he's paid for it now, and he does have about maybe three thousand dollars worth of work left to do on it. If he's willing to take it is that's what's going to probably end up happening in small claims court anyway.
Speaker 4: Well, well, you can't argue that, I mean, pull him up.
Speaker 1: I bet he takes Oscar says it's only worth seven hundred dollars. Oscar, they're willing to just forgive it and send you the title. Now you have a boat, and are you twenty nine?
Speaker 19: And it's a great boat. The boat is beautiful itself.
Speaker 1: Is that boat worth twenty nine hundred without the motor?
Speaker 4: I don't know. I don't know, Gretchen.
Speaker 13: I'm agreed to it. I'm agreed because it costs me more time.
Speaker 8: Yeah, there you go, man, all will I'll.
Speaker 4: Make problem solve. Get that dinger out, Tommy.
Speaker 1: Oh, you're right, and I haven't had my dinger out in a while. I even I just never Thank.
Speaker 21: You very much, Tom Martino, wait, paint, thank you guys, no seriously for being at least I think you're being reasonable here, and I really appreciate both of you.
Speaker 1: Because I think that's the best. What do you think, Bob?
Speaker 7: I think I think that's very reasonable, quite frankly, and again I'm I'm not taking size. I'm just looking at the yeah facts here. I think a judge would side with Adam and Gretchen. I would say that he.
Speaker 1: Gets the title. I think I think he can get that. He can get an engine for come on for another three or four thousand. He has a boat arrangement. Yeah, I didn't realize that it's a pontoon. They are worth something. I mean, really if the pontoons are in good shape. Mohan dental implant working with Deputy Doc. This was a weird one. So as I I'm trying to find the original call Deputy Doc, can somebody do the defib on him and get them more?
Speaker 10: Okay, Tom, Yeah, he's been having trouble with Elite Dental. Aparently they did some shoddy work on his implants and he's left with a bad results from the dental work. I've been trying to get him to mail me a copy of the medical records and I haven't been able. I can't help them till I look at the medical records so I know where to go. And apparently he's unable to forward to me the medical records.
Speaker 1: Is that the name he used? Because I can't find I can't no, I thank you, George, thank you. That's why I wondered why I couldn't find. Okay, so tell me.
Speaker 10: I let me just say I have a timeline of what went on.
Speaker 4: But until I can tell us what it was, go ahead the timeline.
Speaker 18: Go ahead, Mohane, This is Mohan.
Speaker 9: And I asked for the medical records, but they send me only the copies of their charges and the payment I made. That is all they gave me.
Speaker 10: Well, you need to go there and demand a copy of the medical records and tell them. If they don't give you the medical records, you're gonna report them to the.
Speaker 1: What's the name of the play What was the name of the place, Elite Dental? Elite okay, and so Elite Dental did dentures for him and what did he not like about it?
Speaker 10: Well, apparently they put in the anchors and I went through the through the U through the bone and the anchors were placed incorrectly.
Speaker 1: And he's been having That's right, he said. The uh, he said, we were really confused. That's what it was.
Speaker 2: Doc.
Speaker 1: I was confused about the whole damn thing. No, I didn't write it down. I wanted you to sort through.
Speaker 10: I understand exactly what happened, but I need the medical records, and Mohan, go there and tell them that if you if they don't give you a copy of the records, you will report them to the dental board and the license will be revoked. It is absolutely mandatory if they give you a copy. And if you get there and you don't and they won't give it to you, you call me while you're there and I will talk to them.
Speaker 1: And what happened was or Mohan, is that is that they told you you owed money. They're not going to give you any records. They can't withhold records.
Speaker 10: I told them that, Tom, Yeah, I spoke to I spoke to Elite Dental on Friday, and I told him that I am. I am not going to dispute whether or not he owes the money. That's a separate issue. But they cannot hold withhold medical records based upon non payments. And so I thought Mohan was going to go there and get a copy of the records.
Speaker 1: Okay, so doc that that's what I that's the next thing, Mohann. We can't help until you do that. But do that please.
Speaker 4: And I'm going to change the name on this to Mohans so I can have him back when I and let me say.
Speaker 10: If you go there and they won't get it to you, you call us back, call me one.
Speaker 1: Call us back. Thank you, Mohan, We'll we'll try to We'll keep working with you.
Speaker 4: Okay, next you my phone number. Thank you.
Speaker 1: Three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. I'm going to go to a wide shot here and I want to talk about this Mark. He was talking over the break. Remember we were going to have a meatball contest. Here's what he didn't realize is that I brought meatballs here to help him. I mean to give to him a few meatballs to taste.
Speaker 4: I gotta say, Tom, you win.
Speaker 1: No, no, now you don't have to say that.
Speaker 4: Now, you don't have to be kind.
Speaker 1: But I did. I made the sauce, I made the meatballs, and I happened to do it for a party. And I brought the leftovers over here, way more than that. So you didn't eat all for my daughter.
Speaker 4: And and and uh. I said, oh my god, I have meatballs for Bob Logan. Finally. I mean, we've been talking about this forever.
Speaker 1: But then so those those are very special meatballs.
Speaker 4: Those are family recipes. There, you go, very good.
Speaker 7: Okay, Now do you want to talk about heat pumps?
Speaker 4: Yes, we did want to talk about heat pumps.
Speaker 1: And I want to talk about when they can be used because somebody said they thought they were only good for forty degrees. Then I talked to brook Over at Over at a Red Rocks roof and solar, and she said that they recommend heat pumps if you're going to put in a solar system, take advantage of all of that solar. What were you going to.
Speaker 7: Say, Yeah, so they can actually be used in weather twenty below zero. And so again the older technology you're talking about, they don't work whatever with solar systems. They're fantastic because heat pumps workoff electricity, and so if you're supplementing that with solar, then your utility bill is going to be extremely low. But without boring people with all the technology. So a furnace and air conditioning system. A furnace actually generates heat through flame and fire right, it generates heat and then blows out in your house. An air conditioning unit, your outside unit, does not generate cold air. What it's doing is it's removing the heat from your house and pushing it outside, so it's not creating cold air.
Speaker 1: It's removing heat.
Speaker 7: A heat pump works similar to an air conditioning unit. It sits outside and it's not creating heat, it's pulling the heat from the outside air and pulling it into your house.
Speaker 1: Are they way more efficient now than they used to be? Because it used to be you couldn't you use them in a real winter. You could use them in Florida, you could use it.
Speaker 9: Well.
Speaker 7: Really, what they're talking about is is because electric using electricity is much more eco friendly, and that's why they're pushing the heat.
Speaker 1: It's still but they'll work in very cold ways.
Speaker 4: They'll work in very cold temperatures. Now I have a dual fuel system.
Speaker 1: Now that's a hybrid, right, It's a.
Speaker 7: Hybrid, kind of like a high hybrid car. So depending on the temperatures outside, sometimes the furnace kicks on. Sometimes the heat pump is used to create heat during the winter. So again, you can have a very cold day in the winter, in the heat pump is pulling the heat. Even on a like a ten degree day, or like I said, up to twenty degrees below. There is heat in the air and the heat pump is simply pulling that heat that is available and pulling it into your house.
Speaker 1: I was told, and maybe we should get Brooke on to talk about this. In fact, call her if she's around brook White, because I was told that if she sells a solar system and she can partner with someone to put in a heat pump, that the tax credits might apply to the whole dang thing. I'm not sure if you get full tax credits, but man, Bob, that is one hell of a thing for people, especially if they have an older system. They get everything new right up front with solar. How do you beat that?
Speaker 7: And I think solar has like a thirty percent tax credit, yes what I mean.
Speaker 1: So I'm not sure if can you call Kachina a brook White red rocks roof and solar.
Speaker 7: But again, you don't necessarily need solar to use a heat pump. Heat pumps are still a great product without solar. The reason part of the reason that we've steered away from the past is because our gas prices in Colorado are so cheap, so using a heat pump didn't necessarily makes sense from a utility savings or a money savings standpoint. But again, they clean, they're more environmentally friendly, and again there are a lot of good reasons to get a heat pump even without a solar system.
Speaker 4: So just like when you go to buy a car.
Speaker 7: What's best a gas, an electrical, a hybrid. It depends on how often you drive, how far you drive, everything else. So have an expert come to your house talk to you about the different options and determine what's best for you and your house and your household, because everybody's going to be a little bit different.
Speaker 1: That's cool. And of course plumb Line Services three zero, three, five, eight, six, ten eighty six or the website's really complete plumbline Services dot com. But I want to talk to Brooke about what kind of tax credits are available or rebates if you couple that with the solar system at the time you do it. Veto what's going on with child custody.
Speaker 15: Well, there's an open investigation against Sportsmax's wife.
Speaker 1: So it gets so messy, Oh my god, it gets so many it does, it does, And.
Speaker 15: Well, basically she's did an investigation multiple times on this one.
Speaker 14: It was a broken foot, and.
Speaker 15: They decided their findings allegedly were that it wasn't that mom stunt on her foot like she said, it was that I coached her. So what it boiled down to is, now I'm defending myself in court, all.
Speaker 1: Right, why don't you Hold on, maybe we'll get an attorney on for you. Hang on, We'll come right back to you, and more coming up. Three oh three seven one three eight two five five. Frank around the real Estate Man does market evaluations or valuations of your home to tell you what it will sell for in this market. Things are really in a flux right now, interest rates and supplying demand and the season. Frank can do everything you need to get an accurate.
Speaker 4: Price of what it will sell for.
Speaker 1: Free of charge, complimentary, no pressure to list three oh three nine to zero, sixteen twenty two. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one. Help. You'll think you're is only customer when you choose Frank durand the real Estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 4: Hi Tom Martino, your troubleshooter three.
Speaker 1: O three seven one three talk three o three seven one three eight two five five. If you're joining us my YouTube morons, you're seeing a much better quality video we're experimenting with, and uh, we're going to see what we can do about it. We're going to be getting this done on a regular basis, possibly, but we're happy that we were able to get it done.
Speaker 4: So anyway, what happened in the white shot? Oh I just I just cut it just now so I could talk.
Speaker 1: Anyway, let's go back to the phones and find out what's going on, because oh, this is messy. Veto child custody issues are messy. So I want to ask a few basic questions. First, see, we can get an attorney on when did the divorce take place? How long ago?
Speaker 15: Uh, twenty twenty one?
Speaker 4: Okay? Now, who got custody? Fifty to fifty?
Speaker 1: Okay? Then what happened to walk me through it slowly like your divorce in twenty twenty one, fifty to fifty custody? Then what happened? Correct?
Speaker 15: And it's been like that ever since until about two weeks ago. So then what happened two weeks ago? Two weeks ago, DHS filed an emergency petition to remove custody from who? From me?
Speaker 1: Okay? Why did they do that?
Speaker 4: Did someone complain?
Speaker 15: There were complaints made, but they weren't made about me. They were made about my ex wife. But what DHS, what they concluded in their report is they're alleging that it's not that my ex wife stomped on my daughter's foot and broke it. It'staid I told her to say that.
Speaker 1: Oh, so hold on back there, your daughter's foot was broken?
Speaker 4: Was your daughter's foot was broken?
Speaker 1: Right? Correct?
Speaker 15: When she came back to me the custody yet, when she came back from what we do exchanges, so on my custody day.
Speaker 1: Okay, so when when you saw okay, when she came back from being with your ex if there was a broken foot.
Speaker 15: And I was unaware of it until she told us.
Speaker 4: Yes, well there was no cast on it.
Speaker 15: No, she came back to us and we, you know, basically was just asking how she was doing. It was a buddy of mine and I and she said and she said I broke my And she said I broke my foot. She didn't say I broke my foot. She said, mom stomped, got mad that I dropped my water and stomped on my foot.
Speaker 4: Okay, now did she say and then what did you said?
Speaker 1: Do? After that?
Speaker 15: I took her to Children's talk. Well, first we went home, and just because I was with a buddy of mine who's a twenty seven year firefighter captain, so obviously someone who can observe something and give me a little advice on what to do.
Speaker 1: So you took her to er.
Speaker 15: I took her to urgent Care at Children's Hospital and she told them.
Speaker 4: The same thing. Okay, and then.
Speaker 15: And then they reported it to CPS, and CPS opened an investigation.
Speaker 1: And when urgent Care reported to DHS and DHS opened up a report, they kept her with mom, but took her from.
Speaker 15: Me, kept her with me. No, they kept her with me.
Speaker 1: This is back in March, Okay, so they Okay, So when d when it was reported to DHS, you got full custody.
Speaker 15: I got under a safety plan. It was a two weeks safety plan they put in place to have her just with me while they investigated. It wasn't actually like an order, a co order. It was just CPS doing what's called a safety plan.
Speaker 4: Yeah, during the investigation. So what happened then.
Speaker 15: After about one week maybe less, they ended up lifting the safety plan and going right back to the fifty to fifties. Then what and then and then from there about maybe a month later, it was like late April early May ish a ride. Right around that timeframe, they made their conclusion and their findings that Mom is not guilty of stomping on her foot, that they alleged that I coached her to say that.
Speaker 1: Okay, so on the then upon the final finding, you were then permanently removed.
Speaker 15: I wasn't permanently removed. No, been all the way back in May, and I'm in the middle of appealing it because well.
Speaker 4: What happened in May?
Speaker 1: Though? Was it permanent in May and you're appealing it or was it tell me what happened.
Speaker 15: Nope, there's no removal of custody. There's no criminal charge of any kind. It was literally just they made binding And.
Speaker 1: Well, then why did you say they removed your custody.
Speaker 15: I'm not sure why they did, but the removal of custody happened. It'll be two weeks ago on Wedday, so we're talking about.
Speaker 1: Hold on late August. Why Okay, Look, they found they found that you coached her, but then why did they go the extra step and totally remove your custody. That's what I'm.
Speaker 15: Trying to find an attorney to figure out.
Speaker 1: Well, no, you don't have to figure it out. They tell you when they do it. There's no figuring anything out. It's told to you.
Speaker 15: On the report that I had right here from the court. It states all the reasons that they think that I would allegedly be coaching and guilty of what's considered emotional abuse.
Speaker 1: So you lost all custody.
Speaker 4: Are they going to investigate or is that final?
Speaker 15: No, this is a temporary order while they are going through. I believe the trials, so I have another date.
Speaker 1: Mind, What are you charged with?
Speaker 15: Sir?
Speaker 4: There's a trial? What are you charged with?
Speaker 15: Well, that's not charged, that's.
Speaker 4: Not true at all.
Speaker 1: It's dependency and neglect, or its abuse or it's something there's no, you don't have trials for nothing left.
Speaker 15: Dependency and theglect would be what's what's listed. So what I'm trying to do is get an attorney. And I've spent all morning calling at purities. None of them have been able to access my file. For some reason, they can't get into my case to view any of the details, which all of them have found frustrating and strange.
Speaker 4: It's not frustrating, it's strange. It's an ongoing investigation.
Speaker 1: They'll be able to get it if they enter their appearance as your attorney.
Speaker 4: Okay, So who's ever telling you that?
Speaker 1: Look, I don't know if you get into this whole story with them, but you shouldn't. When you hire an attorney, you simply tell them you need to hire an.
Speaker 4: Attorney for dependency and neglect.
Speaker 1: Your parenting was taken away following an investigation. They believe you coached your daughter to say bad things about mom.
Speaker 18: Hear, we haven't find out how old a daughter is.
Speaker 1: Half of the time. Just wait a second, doc, Just wait a second. Half of the time.
Speaker 4: These problems are because people can simply.
Speaker 1: Not tell their story. It's sometimes attorneys are listening to you and they don't want the case feto. I swear to you, it's a very simple matter dependency neglect for coaching your daughter to say bad things about mom. Period. Okay. Now, then you get into the weeds once they take the case, did you okay?
Speaker 4: Is the urgent care? Was the urgent care investigated?
Speaker 15: I don't believe so. The only collateral that were investigated were her mom's family and her and her mom.
Speaker 1: Okay, so yeah, so okay, listen, but I it coaching the kid to say bad things does not rise to the level of losing custody forever.
Speaker 4: Is that where they're going with this?
Speaker 15: I don't know where they're going with it. I don't believe that that's the end game. But my problem is getting representation I'm not getting I've been pestering the state for a state appointed I don't make a lot of money, Tom, I just don't. I've been fighting for this.
Speaker 1: Well, you don't get stayed, you don't necessarily get stayed. I don't know if this is a crime where you get a public defender.
Speaker 4: I don't think you do.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I actually don't know. We can ask one of our attorneys. I mean we can.
Speaker 15: Well, I was told bien it I mean again, and I don't know either. Let's I just be really candid. I'm obviously not the need to let sort in any way, shape or form. But I did fill out the paperwork to get a state appointed as I was suggested by a state appointed attorney. Okay, failing me probably to get my business. So I think that it's probable that that's the way, but I haven't heard back from them. I'm not hearing back from the opposing side. There's a guardian ATLTAM. I can't get response from them. From the case. I'm just being basically blacked out of the whole situation, and so I just don't know where I stand.
Speaker 1: By the way, so so is your ex? Okay, so is your ex? It's not it's not personal. That's the way they do it.
Speaker 15: Yeah, I mean, yeah, back their facts. I'm not I don't mean it in that way. I don't I'm not trying to take it personally. I'm really what I'm doing is just trying to figure out what steps I need to take, because when it comes down to it, the end result that I'm looking for, I need to know how to get there, and I don't have anyone helping. And honestly, the attorneys I've talked to, even before getting into case issues, I couldn't I would be able to afford them. I mean, I'm just being very real here. I'm in a difficult spot. It is what it is, and I'm trying my best to get out of it.
Speaker 1: And it's well, okay, I can't help you getting represented by a free attorney. I don't know how that happens or why you're not getting that. I don't know, but you can keep asking for a continuance until you do.
Speaker 4: When is your next hearing?
Speaker 15: The pre trial conference is on the thirtieth of September.
Speaker 1: And when you do. Okay, and you can't hire an attorney because you can't afford.
Speaker 15: One realistically, not anymore. I've been fighting the divorce constant petitions from my ex wife for over a year. I'm just way too far and.
Speaker 13: Debt with that one.
Speaker 1: Hey do I owe you on the thirty one dragon? Okay, I need to take this break hold on. I'm gonna try. Let's try to get someone from I'm going to talk to Brook too coming back because we need to talk about that too, Brooke White from Redbrox roof and Solar. If people are waiting to hear, they get tax credits on others things coupled with the solar system. And also, let's see if we can get someone from Harris Family Law Kachina for this guy.
Speaker 4: We got more coming right up.
Speaker 1: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot Com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies. Find out out now three all three seven seven to one. Help You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, your troubleshooter three all three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. So we have do we have? We don't have anyone available yet for an attorney. We're waiting, but I do want to talk to Brooke White with the red Brox roof.
Speaker 4: And solar Brooke.
Speaker 1: I was talking to plumb Line Services about heat pumps and they say they work spectacularly now and if people have a solar system paying for electric anyway, a heat pump would give them free heat basically, And I know.
Speaker 4: You push those you think that's a good idea.
Speaker 1: Our question was this, when you're putting in a residential system, if people throw in a or you have a contractor come in and do my heat pump and stuff along with it. Would that be part of the total for which you get a tax credit?
Speaker 13: Yeah?
Speaker 22: So heat pumps are considered tax credits for two different reasons. It's a home improvement tax credit which anybody can get for improving their house in a variety of things. You don't need solar tied to it at all.
Speaker 1: How much is it? How much is that credit for just home improvement?
Speaker 22: I can get caps at a thousand dollars for the heat pumps, but don't quote me because that's not my industry, okay.
Speaker 4: And then what other what other credit can they get?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Absolutely.
Speaker 22: So let's say you did a solar deal with me, and the solar project was going to be a thousand dollars and the heat pump was going to be an under another thousand dollars. What I would do is I would write the whole contract for two grands, and I would make the heat heat pump folks the subcontractor of mind, because the insol agreement is what the solar tax credits are fully based on.
Speaker 1: And no one would get No one would get in trouble for that.
Speaker 22: No, you can add heat pumps if they're insult at the same time as the solar. You can do roofs and you can do like main panel upgrades or other electrical work. Those are the things that are allowed to be in a solar insulation agreement to get those tax credits on wow.
Speaker 4: And so that's pretty cool.
Speaker 22: You can't add in like, you know, a new house or a kitchen sink or you know.
Speaker 4: Anything like no, no, I know what you're saying, Brooke. If it has to do with the energy part.
Speaker 1: Of it and taking advantage of the solar, it can be all added together for a tax credit, which is spectacular.
Speaker 22: Yeah, yep, absolutely. So we've had to say redo and entire homes electrical for a variety of reasons to bring it up to code. And that's a twenty grand easy project and that's we added that into the solar project. So they get the tax credits on that too. So it just depends on the specific job that you're doing, but most everything electrical, heat, pump, roof or solar can be added underneath the solar contract for the solar tax credits.
Speaker 4: That's red Rocks rs dot com.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Brooke. Appreciate that red Rocks are a roof and Solar. That's three oh three. I believe it's I believe that's the wrong number. Let me get the right number here. I'm sorry she wrote it down a little. Yeah, it's three oh three nine seven zero four two four four nine. That's three oh three seven zero four two four four nine.
Speaker 4: Okay, thank you, Brooke. We have more coming right up.
Speaker 1: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent to your content.
Speaker 4: Wait on top of it.
Speaker 1: Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation in comparison, call Compass Insurance. Paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, your troubleshooter three O three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five.
Speaker 4: Welcome to the show. Let's keep going here.
Speaker 1: Now we have another issue with the child Cussey, but I need to go to Jeff first and vetos on uh we don't have any lawyers available, Veto. We can bring you back on when we do.
Speaker 4: Okay, So here's the deal, Veto.
Speaker 1: I believe no matter what, no matter what, at this point, even if you get a corn To point a attorney, you need to pay at least for an initial consultation from a regular paid attorney that does this. Okay, I would call Harris Family Law for a consultation, just a flat one hour consultation, no matter what you need it.
Speaker 4: Don't short yourself that.
Speaker 1: Then you can always have them turn their notes over to someone else, or you can go to someone else. So I'm going to go to another custody after this one. After Jeff, I'm going to take Jeff. He's been waiting longer on this contractor Jeff, what's going on?
Speaker 9: Hey?
Speaker 5: Tom, thanks for taking my call. I just wanted to give some advice. Of course I made the cardinal mistake and on going to your website.
Speaker 4: But what happened now?
Speaker 1: Anyway?
Speaker 5: How to duck built living lone tree? How to deck rebuilt the old one was twenty plus years old? Contractor came out?
Speaker 4: Who was the contractor?
Speaker 5: And a small con structed Jim's Renovations House remodeling in design. Now, how'd you find and research referral from a friend of a friend and they did the job. All kind of issues during the project.
Speaker 15: They had a worker who had.
Speaker 5: A meth overdose. The neighbors found him. Blah blah blah. Anyway, got through it. Oh my god, long story short, I stayed.
Speaker 1: Wasn't that your first? I mean, he literally had a meth overdose on your property?
Speaker 15: Correct?
Speaker 5: That was or twice. The neighbors were the ones that informed me, and he called the authorities. Anyway, long, that's sorry for another time. Got the deck done, not great, but I thought, you know what, it's a deck. I saved some money, and about three weeks ago, all of a sudden, the deck started heaving. The boards are popping up left and right. It's starting to really fall apart. Reached out to him to come back over. They kept putting me off, kept putting me off, one issues after the other. They showed up this morning, said, yep, it's sagging. We need to bolster it. They shut up with a auto repair shop.
Speaker 1: When okay, when was the time it was completed to the time it started.
Speaker 5: Sagging almost two years to the month.
Speaker 4: Okay, that's important. I asked that.
Speaker 1: I didn't realize that, so two years. Two years is not a construction problem. Normally it could be a footer problem on the base. Hold on, we'll come back to this. Okay, two years after completion. Okay, got it? Hang on, I'm Tom Martinez. We have more coming up. Plus we have plumbline Services dot Com and more on the Troubleshooter Show. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot Com.
Speaker 4: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 1: Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one. Hell, you'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 2: Yeah, d need advice, so.
Speaker 5: You don't have.
Speaker 2: Come running as fast as we can.
Speaker 1: Shooter's gonna help.
Speaker 13: Come man, this is.
Speaker 3: The Troubleshooter Show. No Tom Martino, Hi Tom Martino.
Speaker 2: Here.
Speaker 1: You'll see on the wise that I got Bob Logan with me from Plumbline Services. If you're tuning into our stream and I got my YouTube Moro ons up, but I didn't get Facebook flunkies.
Speaker 4: I think I can do that. I just have to figure it out anyway.
Speaker 1: People, Bob is here and uh, I want to ask you this time of year, what would you be doing right now?
Speaker 7: I would be having an expert come out to check out my furnace and air conditioning system. You know, the end of season for air conditioning, making sure that it'll be ready for the next season. And certainly the furnaces, you want to make sure they're ready to go, as we talked about, because once the cold weather comes, our phones are going to explode and you're going to be on everybody's waiting list. Get it looked at now. Make sure it's ready so that when you need it, it's there.
Speaker 1: Bob, I got a question here from text. Should you cover the condenser on your air conditioner with a cover.
Speaker 7: It's not necessary. I mean almost all all condensers come with a hail guard and things like that. Weather it doesn't hurt them. I mean they're made to be outside. And what happens sometimes is people forget to take those off before they come air conditioning off and then they destroy their air conditioning system. So I've never used one. We don't recommend them.
Speaker 1: Okay, it's not necessary, thank you. Jeff had a deck built by Gym's renovation house remodeling, I think, and design or whatever. Right, so let's continue. Jeff. You had it built and it was completed two years ago, right, correct, And now it's starting to sag.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's starting to buckle.
Speaker 4: And well now wait, wait, wait, what's buckling mean?
Speaker 1: What'ses buckling mean?
Speaker 5: They didn't use the so they came out today, Steve the guy who did.
Speaker 1: But just tell me, though, when you look at it, what do you mean? I just want to know and then you can get into that part. What does buckling mean?
Speaker 16: Though?
Speaker 5: It's literally like a uneven road if you will up and down curve.
Speaker 4: You mean the flat part, the deck, the decking part.
Speaker 5: Correct, Yeah, the decking is starting to bow just like crazy. The railing is up, you know, it's it's pulled the screws. It's the screws have come out. It's pulling up.
Speaker 1: Waite a minute. But the actual the actual deck itself, like where it's in the ground. They're not moving or are they moving? No?
Speaker 5: No, that's that's all good.
Speaker 1: What that's okay? I thought you were talking about just the opposite. Okay, So what's going on with it?
Speaker 5: So they were saying they didn't use the correct beam on the far end, on the outpart by the by the lawn, and that is starting to where it's buckling because of the weight.
Speaker 4: And I said, well, wait a minute.
Speaker 1: So they they said, there's a beam that's over the footings and the beams.
Speaker 5: There wasn't one. There wasn't a long enough beam. They said that they could get and if they did, it would be way too much money, which I didn't understand. But they so they they glued and nailed a bunch of one by one buys together to make a beam, if you will.
Speaker 4: It's called the laminated.
Speaker 1: They do that often, and it can be done properly. It's called the lamination, so elaminated beams. So what they do is they take one by fours or one by sixes and they strad of them and they screw them together and glue them.
Speaker 4: But that didn't work.
Speaker 5: No, that's not work. And then it's just starting to just come undone. So they can't.
Speaker 1: It's only only one of the beams. Why only one beam? Usually would need a beam, which is a beam the house right angle to the house right. So is that? Do you have one on each side of the long part of the deck?
Speaker 5: I do, and it's a it's a large deck.
Speaker 1: So are both of them buckling? Did they laminate both sides?
Speaker 5: They did, and both are buckling?
Speaker 4: Yes, what about the other one?
Speaker 1: What about the the long Now the two that are buckling are the width of the deck. What about the length of the deck.
Speaker 5: No, those are not buckling.
Speaker 1: That's amazing, but those are still those are laminated as well.
Speaker 10: Correct, Huh.
Speaker 1: I just don't understand why the two coming off the house house are buckling.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't. So they showed up today. I've been super patient. They said they were going to show up last week. They came and brought a bunch of ladders and said they had to go to a car show this weekend. Excuse that excuse. They showed up today and I said, what's the plan. They said, We're going to get you some lag bolts and screw those boards together and that way it won't sag. And I said, what about the rest of the deck. We're going to have to get you on our schedule, but we don't know.
Speaker 1: When or you mean to replace to replace the buckled parts.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they'd repair it if you will, yes, And they just weren't. They just weren't prepared, Tom. And so I've been patient enough long enough. And the craftsmanship. If I'd sent you the pictures, you'd be like, oh my goodness, you know what.
Speaker 1: But the laminated the beams that are failing, they were going to keep in place and just get them back together again.
Speaker 16: Correct.
Speaker 5: And I told him, I said, isn't that just putting a band aid on the situation? They said, yes, yes, it but it's always Yeah, but that's all we can do right now. We don't We didn't bring enough of the supplies and I said, well, it's not what I need. And I was just like, you know what, why don't you go figure out what you need to do to get this deck? I mean, it's turning into a disaster.
Speaker 1: And okay, but listen, I this just sounds crazy, but they don't have to do more than you originally paid for. And I seeing this, so you don't think I'm insane. Let's say the only thing that's going to fix that is a steel beam or a woold beam that's going to be more than it would have originally to some extent, you would have to pay for betterment, not the whole job. Do you understand what I'm saying. Yeah, yeah, if they improve the deck. But I'm wondering if you're going to pay for betterment, which I think you're gonna need, there's no way they they need. They need to replay the stuff that buckled because of their ineptness, you know they're ineptitude. They need to replace how many like if you look across, does the entire surface of the deck have to be replaced?
Speaker 5: I could probably live with some of the waving us up somebody.
Speaker 4: You know, you don't have to live with it.
Speaker 5: You shouldn't have to live with Yeah, this would be a big, big job to fix this. To be honest with you, this would be a big This would be a big deal.
Speaker 4: How much did you pay for this deck?
Speaker 5: I think just shy at fifteen thousand.
Speaker 4: How many square feet?
Speaker 5: I don't know, it's got to be.
Speaker 4: Well, how far out from the house does it come.
Speaker 5: It goes probably twelve to We would probably just twenty feet out from the house, and it's got to be twenty by fifty feet. It's big.
Speaker 1: Wait wait, twenty by fifty.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's very long. It runs the whole almost the whole back of the house.
Speaker 1: Holy crap, I mean been part in that.
Speaker 5: So they did in sections. You know, there's two sections and one section is fine, it's a little uneven boards, but nothing but the one or they need to fix. And Tom, I'm reasonable. I'm not trying to have them, Hey, you need to replace this whole deck. I'm just my what I'm what I'm struggling with is I don't really want them here working on this anymore.
Speaker 4: You pay pennies for this thing. Man, you paid fifteen bucks.
Speaker 5: I guess. I guess we get what we pay for our shame on me, live and learn. But I was just like, hey, can you can you fix this? And they're not prepared to fix it, and I'm like, okay, I'm going to call you. Do I go to a small claims court. I've documented, I've been I've been cool.
Speaker 1: I haven't. I think I think there probably can go small claims court, but not to get it fixed and not to get the deck of your dreams. I think you can go to small out.
Speaker 15: What I'm aware of that I think you can.
Speaker 1: Go to small claims court for the value you've gotten. So what I would do is evaluate what can be used, what value you got for the money? Okay, you got the posts in the ground, you got maybe be be generous and honest on and you need an independent contractor. I would start with Genesis. Tootalexteriors dot com. Mark Schamansky's a great guy at Genesis. You know who Genesis is, what they do everything, everything on the outside of the house. And you hear me talk about them all the time. And his number is and and they're really good with decks. It might be a sub or something, but he has the same people. What I mean is it's he takes responsibility. It's three oh three, three oh three six seven nine eight five zero nine. Just try him first and then listen. No, ask your question, go ahead.
Speaker 5: I'm just I guess my my question is twofold? Am I out of the statute of limitations of two years? Because it is two years the first and small claims the right place.
Speaker 1: First of all, I don't know you can't allege fraud, so it's not it's not gonna it would be breach of contract.
Speaker 4: Mark, you've done enough suits?
Speaker 1: Are you there? Mark? On the what what is the statute on that for for breach? Is it two or is it three?
Speaker 4: I think it would still be three, but I don't know. I'm gonna I just don't know. Look it up. Yeah, okay, on breach of contra.
Speaker 5: And I said something about said something about repose which I don't understand. But yeah, that was searching more.
Speaker 4: No, No, I'm doing it right now.
Speaker 15: Okay.
Speaker 5: So my direction wouldn't get ahold of Mark and have him come out and take a look.
Speaker 1: And then you had three years, by the way for it, you have three years in Colorado for beach of contract. Okay.
Speaker 5: So I didn't have a sign contract with him, right handshake? Another mistake? Oh is that gonna get you?
Speaker 1: You can prove that with payment. Yeah.
Speaker 5: And so my other question is and small planes? Am I only like you said, to be in fair and honest. I've been super fair and honest with them, just trying to recoup what it's going to cost to get it to where.
Speaker 4: It No, I just told you you can't do that. Let me tell you why.
Speaker 1: Okay, let me explain this to you in real basic stuff here.
Speaker 4: If you, let's say, to do that deck.
Speaker 1: Properly because it goes so far and the soils are such and blah blah blah, let's just say, it would have taken thirty grand let's just say that, and you would have had to have special beams and all of that. The fact that this guy was stupid and bid the wrong price doesn't mean you get him to do the thirty thousand dollars job. Okay, it doesn't. But it also doesn't mean that you paid fifteen for nothing. I mean you paid him and you should get something in return. What you should get in return is what you paid for. So what I'm suggesting so many people what they do is they go back and sue the contractor for what they should have gotten. But you didn't pay for.
Speaker 4: What you should have gotten. Does that make sense to you?
Speaker 1: Yes, you paid and should get value for every penny. So if you go back to that deck and you say what can actually be used here, and you use someone honest who's not going to say I tear the whole thing out, you know, because everyone wants to do that, you're looking at it legally more than contractually. So a good deck builder who says, you know what, we can keep these posts the railings. Okay, we need to replace the top rail. We need to do this. So what they do is then value what it would cost them or a decent contractor to do what you've gotten, not what was.
Speaker 4: Destroyed, but what you've gotten.
Speaker 1: So let's say you got ten grand worth of value in the posts and the salvageable part. Okay. Now when I say salvageable, I don't mean having to take it apart and put it back together. I mean the way it sits. If you have to take off some of the good boards and keep them, you got to subtract the labor from that. So you're looking at value received. So let's say you paid such a ridiculous price and the guy was so desperate he underbid it woefully. I'm not saying this happen. But if he underbid it woefully and you actually got the value of what you paid, even after part of it failed, then you would be even.
Speaker 4: But I'm not saying you did.
Speaker 1: So let's say you got five thousand dollars worth of value you paid fifteen you should, then you would be due in a perfect world ten grand. Okay, that's how you look at it.
Speaker 5: I gotcha, and then that that helps.
Speaker 1: That helps you when you go to court and not sound like a nut. So let's say though, let's say it it's ten grand you're owed. If you're owed ten grand, you know the other issue, and you want to go to small change you can get.
Speaker 4: Pass it if you win.
Speaker 6: Do you think he can possibly pay you?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 5: I mentioned today, you know, hey, I could probably be litigious here, and he said you won't get anything from us.
Speaker 6: That's I guess that's the other point you always got to think of. I mean, small claims. It's only fifty five bucks to file. But let me tell you, you're gonna have to find them. You're gonna have to get them served, you're gonna have to give up the day to show up to court, and most likely, depending on the county, you're gonna have a full day of mediation.
Speaker 1: Is what I'm going to tell you a story on that, coming back on how that works.
Speaker 4: We got more coming up.
Speaker 1: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel roofing dot com.
Speaker 4: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 1: Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation in comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, your troubleshooter three all three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five YouTube morons, if I knew better about how to stream this stuff like Mark does on that other platform, because we're temporarily over on a new platform today, I could show you Hellcat we took them. I took them Saturday, was it, yeah, Saturday to a country airport where they had a pancake breakfast and then we took them for a ride. It was fun anyway. I'll try to post that when I get a chance. So YouTube morons thought I was kidding when I said, if you want, you tell me. And for being a YouTube moron, I'm going to select someone every now and then to take for rides. Can't beat that, can you? So Gary's got to come in on this deck. Issue go ahead, What do you have to say about this deck?
Speaker 16: Gary, Well, I built a lot of deck and you had some good advice, but I would question the design and the structural integrity of the deck sent from the sloppy job these guys did. And my question is was there a permit pool because luxury would require a permanent to build a deck, and then was there a final inspection?
Speaker 1: All of that, All of that is valid, Gary, but has really nothing to do with value received. If, for example, those posts are not done properly because it wasn't designed right, then that would be zero value. Right. So if we get a good deck builder in there who says these were done properly this week can reuse this was okay. That's really getting down to the raw essence of how much he was screwed. You're right about design, and you're right about permits. When it comes to contracting someone absolutely absolutely critical. You want to make sure they didn't just pull the design out of their butt and that they got to permit. You're right, you're right, although permits, permits don't necessarily provide you the protection you think. Some of these inspectors don't don't do crap, you know, but some of them. Do are you in the deck business, Gary, No, but.
Speaker 16: I've built a few for friends. I have a good relationship with the deck Superstore and Commerce City, and I've worked with them on design and in different codes.
Speaker 1: How would a homeowner know if it's designed properly, though, Gary, How would a homeowner note.
Speaker 16: The reputation of the contractor?
Speaker 1: Or maybe does do decks require any kind of engineering? Not really, right, not.
Speaker 16: Really, But there is code for like the distance between Joyce and.
Speaker 1: Like okay, and that's where that that's where their permit would come in, right, Yeah.
Speaker 16: And like concrete posts, they have to be eight inches minimum out of the ground, okay, And they specify specific fasteners for the deck post.
Speaker 1: And that's very good, very good. So that is a good reason to make sure it's under code and have to permit. And then I'm hoping that, of of course Mark goes out there from Genesis, that he'll take that into consideration, because when it comes to value, it really does depend on the actual you know, quality, Otherwise you didn't get the value. I got to go on to Terry. Now, Terry, you've been waiting quite a bit. Thank you, guys, Thank you very much. What's going on Terry.
Speaker 17: Hey Tom, thanks to take my call.
Speaker 5: Yes, sir ask us.
Speaker 17: So just a quick question. I share fifty fifty physical custody with mom. I have full sole legal custee for health care, school, religion.
Speaker 14: Okay, my question is this.
Speaker 17: My daughter's in eighth grade. They're taking a trip to Washington, d C.
Speaker 5: New York.
Speaker 17: They're going to see the inauguration when Trump gets re elected, and so she's all she loves Trump.
Speaker 15: I love Trump.
Speaker 17: But anyway, my question is this, Tom, is so Mom originally was for it, and then she's not for it. And then I talked to my daughter, I'm paying for the whole.
Speaker 5: Cost of it.
Speaker 17: She would leave on my week, but then she would get back in the middle of mom's week. It's it's it's it's not a field trip for school, but it's it's school teachers and they have all the chaperones and all that. My question is do I have the ability to make that final decision with legal custody sole legal custody.
Speaker 1: If you have sole legal custody, is it leaving the state.
Speaker 17: It is it's leaving a Laska to go to Washington, d C.
Speaker 1: Yep, you absolutely can keep them from taking your daughter out of state.
Speaker 17: No, no, no, I want her to go.
Speaker 1: Oh I want Okay, okay, that's a good question. Actually I don't know that.
Speaker 4: I mean, you have full if you have full custody.
Speaker 17: Legal full, so I have full sole legal, just illegal, and then we have fifty to fifty physical where every.
Speaker 1: Other week it's called visitation. Yeah, okay, you have Yeah, I think I'm look at I'm not giving you a legal advice, but it sounds logical to me. If you have sole legal custody, then you should be able to make the choice. Of course, you can make the choice. It's only in joint custody where you need the permission of the other parent. I mean, that's right, I mean, I mean I'm not giving legal advice. But from my past cases we've had on the show where experts have come on, the only time anyone to leave the state or to leave the country would need any kind of permission. Well, there's two cases actually, even with sole custody, Even with sole custody, if the divorce or childcare decree calls for permission, then there has to be permission. For example, sometimes parents will give up custody because they work their butts off and they know they can't take them fifty percent of the time, but they want to visit them every now and then. In that case, there could be a decree that says although father or although mother has one hundred percent legal custody and domicile that that in order to move out of the country or out of the state, you need permission. So you absence of the absence of that, I don't see any reason why you couldn't. Are you sure it's not in your decree anywhere?
Speaker 17: Yeah, So what it states is that I just need to let mom know if if I'm going to if Selah is going.
Speaker 1: To go out of state, and you're sure, that's all it says. It doesn't say you must seek permission.
Speaker 17: No, it just says I have to let her know.
Speaker 1: Well, then you're answering your own question, I would think.
Speaker 15: I mean, obviously, I'm going to call my attorney just a double check.
Speaker 1: But of course you could, of course you should. And how long is she going to be gone?
Speaker 5: Just a week?
Speaker 14: Just six days?
Speaker 1: Are you going with her?
Speaker 17: I'm not going with her. She's going with other kids from the school and the team.
Speaker 1: Now here's another thing that I hate that happens once in a while. I don't know what expression to use for it, but it happens in child custody, child care, when it comes to education, and that's when people try to interpret for themselves what they think is right. And it happens with medical and health, with religion and it. Let me give you an example. You have one hundred percent soul custody, and you are getting braces for your kid, and your kid needs some extractions, and the mom writes to the dentist or calls the dentists, said, if you touch my daughter without my permission, there's going to be hell to pay. Now, you have one hundred percent decision making, one hundred percent custody. But in that case you have people who air on the side of doing nothing just because they don't want to be dragged into it. So just let me warn you. If the mom is really bitter and really really strong minded, I'll bet you if she called the school and said, if you take my daughter out of this state, I am going to sue you, blah blah. They may say, you know, Terry, I understand you have legal rights, but we're we're not gonna do it. You may sometimes you run into that because people get so bent out of shape and they don't want to be dragged in the middle of it. So just be just be forewarned of that. We have more coming up on The Troubleshooter Show. Three oh three seven one three bucks seven one three eight two five five.
Speaker 4: Don't forget.
Speaker 1: Compass Insurance Group does insurance checkups for the asking the Insurance helps Center dot com to get started. Or three oh three nine nine to six nine thousand, go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you he was. Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, your Troubleshooter three O three seven one three talk three O three seven one three eight two five five. Greg, Welcome to the show. What's going on in your life.
Speaker 4: Greg took Greg, Yes, sir.
Speaker 14: Yes, I took my twenty thirteen GMC terrain to the shop because it just quit quit driving. I couldn't start it, and they told me I need a new engine. So a huged engine is ten thousand.
Speaker 1: Wait a minute, Wait a minute, I mean, just like that, you need a new engine?
Speaker 4: How many miles on this saying thing? They're pretty hardy?
Speaker 14: One hundred and twenty four thousand?
Speaker 1: Was it driven hard and put up wet?
Speaker 11: No?
Speaker 14: I bought it when it had about one hundred and five thousand.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, so you have you have no idea how it was treated? Right?
Speaker 13: Correct?
Speaker 1: And this is not a diesel right, No, this.
Speaker 14: Is a sixth cylinder Oh okay, six cylinder engine three point six leader, got it?
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 14: I'm trying to find out who you recommend to contact for either taking it there or at least a second opinion.
Speaker 1: Well, Kevin Colkoin be a great second opinion on that too. I mean really, he would be where are.
Speaker 5: You located, Lewisville?
Speaker 1: Oh okay, I'll tell you where to go? Yeah, hands on auto tech.
Speaker 4: Yeah. He's a great guy man, Tom, You'll love him.
Speaker 14: Tom, I'm looking him up right now. That is perfect, thank you.
Speaker 1: And he's right near you. And you want to talk honesty, there you go.
Speaker 14: Yes, I need honesty at that price.
Speaker 1: And he's also value I No, he's a good guy. Man, he's a really good guy. So what were you being quoted so far on that? First of all, you may not even need it. But what were you quoted on that engine?
Speaker 14: So for a used engine ten thousand dollars fully installed, fully installed? For a rebuild engine thirteen thousand.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's about Yeah, those six cylinders don't have the staypower as the other bigger ones. But do you like the do you like the condition of the vehicle otherwise?
Speaker 14: Yeah?
Speaker 15: I do.
Speaker 14: It's it's a great car. Otherwise. I only paid eleven thousand for it five years ago. Okay, I'm looking at a cost that's more than the vehicle.
Speaker 1: But you're not going to be okay, but you're not going to be buried if you truly keep it.
Speaker 14: Yeah, I own it out right now. I just have to come up with the money for the engine.
Speaker 1: All right. Try there. You may not need it. They might be able to rebuild what you have. There are all kinds of options. Did anyone tell you why you need an engine. Usually they got to run it or check it first. What did they do as far as they dropped the compression?
Speaker 14: And I've got bad compression in four of the six cylinders.
Speaker 1: Okay? Did they ever mention like a top job or you know head now?
Speaker 14: They told me it would cost more to rebuild it than it would to buy an engine.
Speaker 1: Okay, and that could be so, that could be so? All right, let me know what happens at hands On. We We're for a lot of people. Tim We like him. He's on the show now and then three zero three seven to one three talk seven one three eight two five five more. Right after this, go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 4: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 1: Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one. Help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. How about that. I'm Tom Martine. You're trawl shooter three O three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five here to help you. And uh, let's finish up with bob Logan plumb line services.
Speaker 7: Okay, now, eating cooling, plumbing, electrical drain cleaning.
Speaker 6: Now, hey, po, guys still do a TV chargers ninety three or free? You still do it?
Speaker 4: Right? We do?
Speaker 7: In fact, in fact, this month we got a special so it's not only ninety three or free for a drain cleaning special fee.
Speaker 4: You can't clear. It's free, but will include on mainlines, will include a free video inspection this month only.
Speaker 1: Ninety sure or free plus free drains plus free video. I mean free video.
Speaker 6: It is the most unbelievable service anybody listening out there. If you have a slow drain and you're sick and tired of say that kitchen sink taken forever, whatever it is, you call these guys up. They're either going to fix it for ninety three bucks like they did at my house. And I didn't call up going oh Bob, I need a favor. I just called up their regular number. They came out, they came inside ninety three dollars later. My drain's been perfect for.
Speaker 4: Over a year. That's the best deal in the world. Yeah, and let's let's speak. But let's be clear that we will clear the drain.
Speaker 1: We will.
Speaker 7: If it's a broken pipe or something like that, well of courseans to repair it.
Speaker 4: But no, yes, mine happened to be. If we can't clear it, it's free.
Speaker 6: Mine happened to be basically old grease and stuff that goes down the main kitchen sake.
Speaker 7: I mean, it happens very common, even even if people don't pour grease down there. Just the food and the sludge and everything else builds up over time, so very common.
Speaker 4: How do you even I hate to say, but how do you even afford to do that?
Speaker 2: Bob?
Speaker 6: I mean, I guess really what you're hoping is eventually you find someone that's got a real problem like the drains broke, and then you actually get a good paying job out of it.
Speaker 7: That that's part of it, Mark, But and certainly do come across broken lines and we'll give you options for a repair. But we just want an opportunity to get in a new customer's home and show them what a what a great company. We have, you know, the representative's top quality.
Speaker 6: So they put on both their technicians came out. In fact, the main drain guy came out. He was training another guy. You know, they put on booties. They just do everything right. They're great people.
Speaker 7: So if we if we didn't, if we didn't charge her for that call, if it was free, that that call mark.
Speaker 4: But no I paid and you cleared it, I know.
Speaker 1: But if it but if it was free, even if they couldn't get it clean.
Speaker 7: Again, we want to do such an outstanding job that you'll remember us when you have heating and cooling or electrical or other plumbing issues.
Speaker 1: But here's what I like. If it's if they can't get it for ninety three, there's a problem, man, Tom Hambridge. Problem is yeah, yeah, yeah, that's uh three oh three five eight six ten eighty six, five eight six ten eighty six. They also like you going to the website. You can contact them there too. Plumbline Services dot com. A lot of people remember that plumb line Services dot com