Speaker 1: It's Ato five. I think you about KRCD Talk station. A very happy Tuesday, always made extra special. This is the time of the week and moment of the hour when we get to the inside scoop with bright Bart News. As I always start out, bookmark the website b R E I T B A R T Breitbart dot com.
Speaker 2: You'd be very happy you did.
Speaker 1: They got wonderful reporting there, including the reporting from White House correspondent. Welcome back, Nick Gilbertson. It's a pleasure to have you back on the program.
Speaker 2: Nick. I hope you're doing well. Hey, Brian, doing very well.
Speaker 3: Thanks great, great to be here and.
Speaker 1: A good topic of conversation. Was an interesting revelation from the New York Times. I don't think they necessarily intended the article to turn out this way, but boiled Down effectively points out that Biden actually did not individually approve the names that a lot of the folks that he pardoned via the auto pen. Now this has been widely acknowledged that the auto pen was used rather than Joe Biden actually sitting down on a document and signing his executive orders, they have a machine that mimics his signature. That is okay to use many presidents have used it, but you must specifically authorize the use of the auto pen for something that you know what's in it. You can't just say there's no blanket authorization to use the autopen for some something. Some random individual in the administration decides he needs to be signed. But that sounds like what happens. Nick, break it down from our listening audience, would you please.
Speaker 3: Yeah, absolutely, Brian. So, there were like four batches of these pardons that Biden kind of issues here in the last few months as president. And three of the four batches, where you know, has to do with these categorical pardons that were like large sweeping pardons over these swaths of criminals. And the last, of course, was that those preemptive pardons on the last day in office of family members and touch. So yeah, the New York Times they buried it very very deep in the article here, which was it was written pretty I think friendly to Biden. Yeah, but quote, mister Biden did not end visually approve each name for the category oracle pardons that applied to large numbers of people. He and AIDS confirmed. So that's Biden admitting that for the Times rather, after extensive discussion of different possible criteria, he signed off on standards he wanted to be used to determine which convicts would qualify for a reduction in sentence. But apparently they were still getting this information after Biden, you know, had given his instructions and criteria from the Bureau of Prisons, and the list kept getting of you know, who's going to get pardon, kept getting edited, there were small changes to it, and quote according to The Times, rather than ask mister Biden to keep signing revised versions, his staff waited and then ran the final version through the auto pen, which they saw as a routine procedure. He aids said, So that's Biden's not seeing the final list of who he's signing off on to be pardoned there, and it just calls into you know question, I think, you know, many are questioning the legitimacy of these pardons now that have happened, and you have Oh, go ahead, Brian, Oh.
Speaker 1: No, no, I was gonna you conclude your thought. I'm sorry, I interjected prematurely.
Speaker 3: Okay, no, no worries.
Speaker 1: No, but I guess we're in an uncharted We're in uncharted waters. Here is this ever come up in a prior administration. I guess for as long as auto pens have been around, this is a potential issue, but I don't recall this ever coming up. That's somehow, in some way an executive order signed by auto pen might be void or negated because it didn't receive specific approval from the president.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, and there's I guess there was this process to which this kind of what would go through according to the Times, and you know their sources and emails they reviewed. But so I guess Biden would you know, indicate in these meetings what criteria he wanted for these you know, batches of pardons to top advisors like cheapest staff Jeffrey Siance and White House counsel Ed Ciskel, and then they would relay so that like those wishes from Biden to their assistants I guess, who reportedly weren't in the meetings themselves. Then the assistance would craft reports that would get reviewed by senior advisors like Science and Ciscol, as well as others in the meetings, and then they'd make their way to this woman, Stephanie Feldman, who is the White House Staff Secretary and was reportedly in charge of the auto pen So it's kind of like, you know, zience and fiscal.
Speaker 2: On the list.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it looks like they're the gatekeepers to you know, what Biden said, and and you know, and they're they're relaying the information. So I think it comes down to it looks pretty interesting here this process through through which through which these approvals went through.
Speaker 1: So it sounds me like assuming that Biden was you know, coherent enough and capable enough of deciding what criteria he wants in connection with these just literally thousands of convicted criminals, he says something to the effect, Okay, if they're convicted for a non violent drug charge and fill in the blank xyz, then I would approve a pardon, but not naming a specific person. So you take the list of criteria, Okay, they meet these check marks, ABC and D, and Jeff Science writes them down on a list and decides who the people are that actually meet the criteria without Joe Biden seeing it, approving it specifically, and then off it goes to the secretary in charge of the autopen and it's signed.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And certainly that's what the Times report indicates, even though they don't say it write that explicitly, they kind of you know, play oh yeah, play around with the work a little bit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I read the article.
Speaker 1: They dance around it as well as they can, but I I mean, they did write that this is what happened. So it puts these things on in the focus of maybe trying to find them to have them legally declared void. Now moving over from the prisoners, and we can argue all day long and whether or not those they're appropriate, But the preemptive pardons, it was the autopen used for the likes of Fauci for example, because I know, I guess Senator rand paul Is is going to go take a crack at relaunching the criminal investigation into doctor Fauci. So was the autopen used for those? Because I read, at least in multiple places that Joe Biden actually wielded his own pen when he signed a pardon for his son Hunter.
Speaker 2: But what about the other ones?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know Hunter was earlier than the other ones.
Speaker 2: I believe the other.
Speaker 3: Ones came on January nineteenth, and those were you know, some family members I think doctor Fauci as well, and others. And it's pretty interesting because so you know, we don't know exactly how involved by the you know, Biden held a meeting till late in the evening of January nineteenth. According to the article about who you know certain pardons he wanted, and one antidote in there too is pretty interesting is Jim Clyburn, you know, actually who was instrumental in getting South Carolina to flip for Biden in the twenty twenty Democratic primary, spoke with the president or was with the president earlier that day and convinced him to add somebody to the pardon list. So pretty interesting. It kind of I think it shows how impressionable.
Speaker 2: Maybe Biden was malleable.
Speaker 3: So yeah, exactly right. So this pardon list gets I believe it came from a Cisco aid, you know, And this is very shortly after this meeting concludes. Her is still going at like ten pm at night, and it gets from a Cisco aid and I think over to a Zience aid and it gets forwarded over to you know, Zience and Feldman, who is again the White How Staff secretary in charge of the pen and apparently within three minutes of receiving this draft of apparently you know, a draft summary of some pardons Science hits quote reply all according to the Times, and then he wrote, quote, I approve the use of autopen for the execution of all the following parties. So I yes, approve the use of autopen for the execution of all the following parts. Not I Joe Biden, right, Not I approved this with Joe Biden. I ran this by Joe Biden. I I personally approved. So I think that's I mean, that's a major issue. And I think too, as you know, this kind of web kind of you know, people pull strings here and kind of follow along where this story goes. I feel like some of these people in the Biden administration will probably start, you know, turning on each other here as well, so we'll see, you know, you never know, but well, I mean absolutely.
Speaker 1: The vehicle as an attorney, I'm wondering the vehicle that would end up, you know, addressing this in front of a court standing becomes an issue. But I guess if, for example, if you take Rand Paul's illustration he wants to go after doctor Fauci criminally, Fauci will assert his preemptive pardon as a defense to that, and then Rand Paul would say no, that presidential pardon is null and void because Joe Biden didn't give specific authorization for the autopend use on it. So that would be a vehicle to litigate whether or not these are void.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that would be a brilliant vehicle. Absolutely, And I think you just laid it out there perfectly, Brian. Yeah, Rand could absolutely explore, h explore that option.
Speaker 1: I think, well, well, and I guess there are other criminal investigations could be looked into too, like the multiple Shell corporations that were behind the scene, which seemed to be the vehicle to blunder a whole bunch of money to the Biden family.
Speaker 3: Yeah, absolutely, to all those Shell companies that buy and was or Hunter Biden was involved with, you know, Joe Biden's brother there was involved with just just you know, really amazing stuff here and it uh yeah, just again, this this, this whole situation here with the auto pen with these clemency decisions, just I think calls into question even more so. You know, you know, as this scrutiny builds in the in the mainstream media, because we you know, we've been scrutinizing by mental acuity, you know, throughout the administration. Yeah, you know, kind of getting on board here and finally, you know, ending the game of pretend that nothing was nothing seemed to be wrong. Yeah, I think it just one of you tied it all together. It raises monumental questions. And I think President Trump kind of pointed to that yesterday too when when he said, you know, this is uh, I believe quote, this is a tremendous scandal and maybe something we haven't seen in fifty two one hundred years.
Speaker 1: If ever, right, Well, and certainly that would be the case. Uh, there is a a congressional committee that's been put together to look into this. I guess I'm wondering because at some point it seems that Jeff Zion is going to be subpoena or asked to testify about what happened and whether or not Biden actually gave his specific authority for the autopen use. Someone's going to testify about this.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Absolutely. So we'll see if Science or Feldman get you know, get called in here to what one of these committees to you know, get questioned by Congress about this and you know, tell their side of the story or give testimony, and it will be interesting to see, you know, what you can get out of get out of them in those committees as well as you know how willing some of them may or may not be to testify in this well.
Speaker 1: And that goes so that goes to your point about the wheels maybe falling off on this is if Jeff isn't to lie, like, for example, if Biden did not give specific authority and it was Jeff who specifically authorized it, he may not want to testify to the contrary on that because he puts his own freedom in peril by lying to Congress. So I guess we'll have our popcorn out and wait and see what unfolds on this one. Nick, I don't know what else we can say about it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I agree. I think we just got to follow the story here and see where see where it ends up. And I think it's not going to end up in a great place for the Biden administration or some of the staff here.
Speaker 2: Or some of the people who were pardoned.
Speaker 1: He might Oh yeah, well, Senator round Paul, if you're out there, tee it up. We want the answer to this, and we want it soon. And I know where we'll read about the answer, and that'll be at Breitbart dot com, where we're reading. Nick will be reporting on a Nick Gilbertson the White House correspondent at Breitbart. I really appreciate your time and that you follow this story. And again going back to your point, you've been following this mental declines from day one, and you've been accurate the entire time on it. You sure didn't get to read about that in the mainstream media of the legacy media, but that's why we love Breitbart. Nick, have a great day, and thanks for your time this morning.
Speaker 3: As always, Ryan, thanks for having me, have a great one.
Speaker 1: Thanks brother. It's eight eighteen right now, fifty five kc DE talk station. We're gonna get to Daniel Davis deep dive coming to the bottom of the air of Trump. I'm gonna give weapons to Ukraine this week as well as maybe sanctioned Russia, although we have fifty days to wait on that. We'll get his thoughts and comments on that coming out first