Speaker 1: I'm also questioning where has Jamie Diamond been? Has anybody been? He's been pretty quiet, and I wonder what that's about, Especially with you know, a lot of these other big investment banks and asset managers coming out in favor of this. He's really taken a back seat. I find that to be His silence is the most deafening for me.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Remember his last public appearance on Fox. He cursed out Brian Armstrong. He says he doesn't like this bill. He was really angry.
Speaker 2: Maybe the pr folks said, hey, take a break.
Speaker 3: This episode is brought to you by go Mining. Go Mining is the all in one bitcoin app that makes it simple and secure to earn, use, and benefit from bitcoin every day. Bitcoin is the future of money, and go Mining brings the future into the present, regardless of your country, income, or level of knowledge. The app brings together a growing ecosystem of bitcoin products. This of course includes mine, which is the core of go Mining's business. Traditional bitcoin mining usually requires buying expensive equipment, managing electricity and maintenance, and setting up technical infrastructure. Go Mining removes this complexity. Instead of running hardware at home, users can access real mining infrastructure located in professional data centers through the app. Now it's important to distinguish that Go Mining is not a cloud mining app. All mining power is backed by real equipment in their data centers. You can verify this yourself directly in the app. They also offer what's called mining Wars, so this is a competitive mining game where users can battle for greater rewards. So it gives you another option to be able to earn and makes it a bit fun as well. In addition, they offer a great crypto wallet, a building crypto walle to store, deposit, withdraw and convert supported assets directly in the app. And it's easy to manage your go mining initiatives within their dashboard.
Speaker 2: Where you can view your rewards.
Speaker 3: And all the mining activities that are taking place. And you also have a great academy that helps you to get started and answers all your questions with courses, guidelines, and much much more.
Speaker 2: So you have to check out Go Mining go to the link in the description to learn more.
Speaker 3: Hey folks, welcome into the Thinking Crypto podcast Crypto water Cooler series where Amanda and I dive into the latest details around crypto and what you need to know.
Speaker 2: Amanda great to see you.
Speaker 1: Great to see you too. Happy Friday.
Speaker 2: Happy Friday, Amanda.
Speaker 3: Loads and loads of news to talk about, lots around the Clarity Act and much more. We got to talk about the ethics agreements, well, I should say disagreements, because there's a lot of negotiations still happening. The Republicans put forth some ethics language really great, but the Democrats are still saying we want a little bit more.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think what was a six hundred and sixteen page you know, you know, revision and then you have I think it's six Democrats, if I'm not mistaken, who are are kind of like the make or break of getting this through. So I just I hope it can. You know, it's it's like Ron Hammond was telling us when we were on the trading floor of the New York Stock Exchange. It's the government and at the eleventh hour they can throw a wrench and so it's like you just don't know what they're going to do. You know, you and I were both such a champion and previous episodes of Also Brooks and all of a sudden she's kind of about faced and is singing a different tune. So I don't know, we shall see.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and some of this look, it's the sausage making process of I'm going to come heavy handed so that we can negotiate. I think, you know, they might be trying to play their cards that way because to your point, also Brokes, she helped get this bill out of the Senate Banking Committee. But the Democrats overall, including her, are saying, we want each state attorney general to enforce this, but they're all different states. How do you get all these people on the same page to be a mess? So I don't agree with that, but again, this could be a negotiation tactic. Okay, you want us to back off on this issue, well give us this issue.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I agree with you. I was listening to the other episode that you do where it's just you and I totally agree with you. When you put it in the hands of the state, that's you know, first, can we get it past at the federal level and focus there before we start creating jurisdictions where it kind of muddies the water because to your point, different states can do things in different that's the beauty of putting it at the hands of the state, which I'm all for. But when it comes to something we don't even have regulation yet. As from a broader perspective, we can't start doing that, you know, we have to start somewhere.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you can imagine each state attorney general has different perspective. Sure it may have some common ground things, but overall they may handle things different. We see it right now with different states. New York does things different from Florida and then Texas. So it's going to be a mess. So I don't think this is the way to go forward.
Speaker 1: I completely agree. It's like I said, it has to start at the federal level focus bring it back. But it seems to me like the Democrats keep kind of what's that turn, like filibuster when you're on the floor and somebody does something to distract from the actual point. That's how I feel it because first and foremost, like we have to get back to what this is the innovation, This is the future of capital markets. You know, tokenization like this is going to really broaden I pos and and bring trillions back into this country and and bring more people back to the States to to you know, empower them to create companies within this space. And all of a sudden it's taken a different turn now and we're more focused on politicians who are are benefiting from and I just feel like we need to get back to where we where we started.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, And the amount of jobs this is going to create is going to be exponential because this technology has so many applications. Obviously you have AI, you have robotics in these things, and they're all moving in parallel. But it's no longer I need to be in the United States because I need the infrastructure of the United States, the roads, the bridges and all that. No, this is all digital. I can go work in the Dubai or Australia and build the same company. May you know, could you could argue, Okay, well you won't get the same access to capital. Yes, but I can still get capital. It's just I can still build that business out if I want, because.
Speaker 2: It's all digital.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 2: So we got to get this right.
Speaker 3: But what's surprising, Amanda Goldman Sachs CEO David Solomon came out yesterday and said, pass the CLARITIAC.
Speaker 2: This is a big contradition. Contradiction.
Speaker 3: Excuse me to what Jamie Diamond and the community banks folks, and the ABA, the American bankers Association have been saying huge photo confidence here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean it's about time. I'm happy he sees the benefit to this. I'm also questioning where has Jamie Diamond been? Has anybody been? He's been pretty quiet, and I wonder what that's about, Especially with you know a lot of these other a big investment banks and asset managers coming out in favor of this. He's really taking a back seat. I find that to be His silence is the most deafening for me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, remember his last public appearance on Fox, he cursed out Brian Armstrong.
Speaker 2: He says he doesn't like this bill. He was really angry. Maybe the PR folks said, hey, take a break from.
Speaker 1: That's well, you have a good PR team at least they said take a step back. But I do find did he lose the argument? Does he think he won in some way? Or is he coming up with some sort of arsenal of he's going to come out that would work with something. I don't know. I just find his silence to be interesting.
Speaker 2: Well, his pitbull on the leash. Elizabeth Warren is on the attack.
Speaker 3: I don't know if you saw her video as she's saying this bill is just going to enriche Donald She's making all about Donald Trump. This is not about Donald Trump. Does he have some crypto exposure, Yes? Do I wish he doesn't he didn't have that, sure, But this is bigger. This is about America.
Speaker 2: It's getting jobs, leading in technological innovation.
Speaker 1: That's why I don't understand how you can be so against a press. You don't have to like President Trump. You know, we've had multiple presidents in recent years that I have been not in favor of. But you can't be such you can't take such a hard line to the point where now you're going to stall innovation in this country. You still have to be pro America, right, It's like otherwise I don't understand what you're doing. Like there, we have to separate. But Elizabeth Warren seems to be very emotional and all of her reactions, everything she does. I think it's time for her to retire. Yes, it's too emotional.
Speaker 3: And a funny thing is, you know, she's very loud. She puts on this great show, but she doesn't actually get any legislation pass. Don't get me wrong. She has influence on the Democratic Party. But the good thing is that her bark is louder than her bite is more, you know what I mean. Yeah, but not everybody is a fan of what David Sachs is, or excuse me, David Solomon. You know, Goldman Sachs has been saying the community banks came out and called Goldman Sacks of failure at doing banking and deposits, which is ironic. It's so funny.
Speaker 1: That is interesting to me. I don't know what the community banks have in their back pockets there, but I don't understand that statement at all. I don't know if they're just trying to insert themselves into the media cycle or what is that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's weird.
Speaker 3: Like Goldman Sachs is one of the most successful banks. Yes, they don't handle like the commercial you know, retail banking, but they're hugely successful. And it goes back to, you know, the falsehood of well this is going to cause deposit flights. I'm telling you, I don't think there were average Joe and Jane going to the community bank, right, Not the big commercial banks and the federal credit unions overnight are about to go. Oh let me put all my money in stable coins so I can earn yield. No people have bills to pay Like I'm a crypto native user, been here since twenty sixteen. I put a little bit of my money in stable coins, and my money I use the everyday normal processes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I wonder what will become the community banks. So I didn't even think of that until now that they're you know, hollering about Goldman Sachs. I do wonder what will as you know, traditional finance becomes more and more un chain and you already have, as you pointed out, the community banks, not a lot of Joe Schmoser going there already, and now with the rise of tokenization, what will become of them?
Speaker 3: I think kind of what we saw in the banking crisis, I believe early twenty twenty three, where some of them got absorbed by the bigger banks like Jamie JP Morgan and so for I think that's the end goal.
Speaker 2: These bigger banks are going to become more powerful.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well that's why they're yelling. Yeah, they're treading water.
Speaker 3: Now on the topic of ethics real quick, because we interviewed Congressman Brian's Style yesterday. That interview was published this morning. He was able to get his bill passed, which bans congressome trading stocks in the House. We don't know if it's going to pass the Senate, but this is a huge win. It seems like there's a larger theme here of ethics and cleaning up cong Yeah.
Speaker 1: I love this because it really is about restoring trust in the American people too, which has been lost for various reasons. I mean, you've even seen President Trump's latest speech, which unfortunately he didn't touch on our geopolitical climate. But now we're going down the rabbit hole of election fraud in this country, and I just think there are a lot of things that need to be restored, and this is one of them. I think Nancy Pelosi really kind of blew the lid. It's been on both sides of the aisle, but specifically her for the years of successful investing that she and her family had. And it's just you hear the salaries of some of these people and who are in high office, you know, positions in our government, and the salaries are not huge, but yet they own multi million dollar homes, you know, with motes around them, and you do question that. So I'm happy to see and I did ask him yesterday, you know, as this complimentary in terms of the ethics issue with clarity, and he did say yes, So I hope that that's a step forward.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, and I hope it doesn't get indoors doesn't die.
Speaker 2: You know, by the time it gets to the Senate.
Speaker 3: You know how the game is, right, it's yea fairly easy to move bills in the House, but the Senate is always the big hurdle. But hopefully they can do this and get it right because it's time for a change. It's ridiculous what they've been doing. And I mean, Nancy Pelosi is the I mean the rock star of insider trading, right, the greatest trader of all time?
Speaker 1: Am Yoh yeah. You know what's wild to me, Tony, is that people who work in finance, who aren't even on the trading side right there, may be in the equity research part. They have huge clauses in their contracts of they are not allowed to invest, they're not allowed to play the stock market because they do have access to research reports, to analysts reports. And it's crazy how many restrictions are in place for an employee of an investment bank but not our politicians.
Speaker 3: Big hypocrisy, and they need to fix it and maybe part of it is taking blockchain tech, and I think Elon had this vision of putting government spending and all this information even if you put campaign donations on chain. I don't think this is going to happen tomorrow or next year, but maybe in the next lifetime that all of these informations and things are on the chain, so it's more transparent, you get real time information. Well, oh, okay, Nancy Pelosi got donation from this corporation. Okay, let's watch what she does with the laws around that industry, right, those type of things. I think it will help fix it, but we got ways to go, of course.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I do think it's interesting that they still allow for ETFs, so they're still allowed with regard to mutual front funds, retirement funds, you know, they're still allowed exposure through a regulatory entity, but they're just not allowed to invest in a stock. I do think that's interesting, and I'll have to do more research there. But I wonder if there are there eventually will be loopholes as we get more regular, you know, regulatory clarity, how that still gives them kind of insider trading just simply having access.
Speaker 3: But one of the questions I asked Congressman style was what about other assets? Because they could trade oil, they could trade other commodities. Right based on if you know a war is going to happen, or you know some the trade of horror moves is about to close, there's still other assets and things that can be traded here outside of stocks.
Speaker 2: So I think it may.
Speaker 3: Be a crawl walk run approach where he's probably like, look, I know I can't get all assets in every iteration of these things, but let's start with a baseline and a foundation to get this going right.
Speaker 2: Now, Amanda, time is running out, man.
Speaker 3: August seventh is the hard date. I don't think we're gonna get anything done later this year because of the midterm elections. I could be wrong, but if it misses the August window I saw, I think Center Tuon was saying it won't happen.
Speaker 2: Now that's one man's opinion, but I don't know what do you think.
Speaker 1: I hope it sounds like they're working through this weekend, and I am very I have to remain optimistic until we see it fall through. I just have to. I saw recently on Twitter, right before we got on here, that Patrick Witt is optimistic. I've been behind him the whole time. I hope, I hope he's right. But we shall see because once, you know, Congress leaves for recess, that's it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And when comes September, when they're back or late early October, it's going to be election season, musslinging focused on campaigning and all that.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, I really hope. I mean, businesses hate uncertainty more than regulation. So right now, this is a very strange time for this industry. And I'm hopeful that, you know, end of July. I know we're July twenty fourth right now, so I'm hoping beginning of next week we'll have more up to date.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and fingers crossed for big upbates next week because I think next week is a critical week. To your point, we're going to be at the end of July and this thing has to be voted out of Senate because then it has to go to the House to be voted on, and we got to get out of the House whenever President Trump sciens it is not a big deal.
Speaker 2: It's just getting it through these hurdles right exactly.
Speaker 3: Now, Moving ahead, the Digital Chambers sued the State of Illinois regarding their ridiculous digital asset crypto tax. Now, I did some sleuthing here and the governor's buddy buddies with Elizabeth Warren, So he's a crony, and you know, Elizabeth Warren is the one who gave him the idea for this. But glad to see the chambers suing them to get yes.
Speaker 1: Same Sam. I think it was zero point two tax specifically targeting this industry. And I think it's ridiculous because again you have mostly Democrats right criticize, criticizing, and and Republicans the ethical side of politicians, specifically President Trump on his you know, insider knowledge of crypto and the benefits that he and his family have received and a lot of the money he's made, let's face it. But now you have a state who sees an opportunity here who could potentially make you know, million, tens of millions of dollars for their state. So they're targeting this industry. They see regulation coming, they see the future, and they're going after it. And that's branded as sound policy, but it's don't you think that that also blurs into ethical It's just to me, it's so hypocritical.
Speaker 3: Big time, big time hypocritical and at first I was like, you know, where the hell did this come from? And I started, you know, googling the governor's name, and I decided, let me put Elizabeth Warren's name next.
Speaker 2: See their campaigning.
Speaker 3: They they're going after the folks who are being supported by the crypto industry, those who are pro crypto, and I'm like, yeah, okay, I get it. This guy just wake up randomly. It is like, you know what, let's tax crypto transactions and all that. Elizabeth Warren se did the idea and and of course, of course she did, of.
Speaker 1: Course, and I could see that being a domino effect. I fear that Illinois will be the first of many dominoes to fall because they're going to say, okay, you're going to get this pass. We're going to figure out a way to also, you know, benefit from this, and this will be what they do. And it's and it is. I think the Digital Chamber is saying this is unconstitutional based on you know, their their laws in the state, and I agree with that. While that's that hasn't been you know, made firm by the court yet, like that hasn't been a reality, it is it seems very unconstitutional.
Speaker 3: Absolutely singling out at excuse me, a specific asset class. And I'm glad the Digital Chamber is suing them. We got to get maybe Cody Carbone back on the podcast to talk about this, plus the Clarity Act and much more. But I think they're going to lose this at the State of Illinois for sure, because this is draconne and just ridiculous. And it goes back to our point earlier that the Democrats want every state attorney general to handle.
Speaker 2: Some of these things.
Speaker 3: So let's say Illinois is doing this, but Indiana is not, right, you have this hodgepodge madness confusion. So it goes back to Democrats, the idea of having East state handle this.
Speaker 2: No, it can't work.
Speaker 1: Isn't that so interesting? You know, Democrats as a whole, for all their agendas, have always wanted big government. They want the government involved, they want it at the federal level. And I find it's so interesting now that they're against this. Now, let's put it in the hands of the states. Every other huge issue, education, you know, Rob Wade, all these things they have pushed into the government like federal hands. And it's become Republican philosophy. Now used to be democrat to keep it at the hands of the state, and I just I find that very ironic that now they're like, okay, now, let's let the states handle this. It's like, oh, okay, because you're going to profit in a way that you can.
Speaker 3: Fits your agenda. Yes, so so annoying, but yeah, more power to the digital chamber. And if other states try to do this, I think the entire crypto industry will gang up and sue them, just like they did on it against the regime and saw the sec under Gainster and other agencies took big losses in courts.
Speaker 2: So you know, we'll fight, and I think the industry is ready to fight for sure.
Speaker 3: Absolutely moving ahead, we got big news from the DTCC, so they have process their first live production trades of tokenized stocks, ETFs and treasuries with big firms like JP Morgan, black Rock, Goldman, Sachs, and Vanguard.
Speaker 2: This is incredible.
Speaker 3: You're seeing all these powerhouses coming together and they're collaborating on the infrastructure for where things are headed. You know you mentioned earlier about tokenized assets and the future of capital markets. I have the thesis that the entire capital markets and economies will run on blockchain rails.
Speaker 2: It looks like that's the direction we're heading in.
Speaker 1: I agree, And it's so funny. I think just a short while ago, how many people were googling what the acronym was DTCC. I think a lot of people did not know what this entity was. But everybody relies on it, and you know, I think of them like Visa. It's like no one's talking about Visa, but everybody knows, you know, what they are and how they use it, and I just they're the plumbing. So I think this is great because tokenization is changing finance. There's so many layers that are relying on you know, it's I mean, each layer has costs, each layer has delays. You know, you have the broker, you have the custodian, you have all these different layers. And so instead of these five parties or whatnot updating five different databases, now you have everyone referencing one source of truth, and that's the blockchain. And I think that's really a huge, huge step. And an entity like the d TCC, which you know is just doing I mean Quadrille and zip money annually that they're clearing this is a huge step in the right direction.
Speaker 2: This is massive. This is the big eight hundred pound gorilla in the room.
Speaker 3: And I don't think a lot of people recognize that to your point, like many may not know because they're not the big names and the forefront. They're in the back end, right. They know the names of black Rock and JP Morgan and Goldman Sachs, but those entities and financial institutions can't function without the DTCC. So the fact that they're all in, they've been publishing a lot of things they're doing with different blockchains like Canton Network, Stellar, I believe.
Speaker 2: So it's incredible.
Speaker 3: Sometimes I have to pinch myself, like, wow, these firms are actually doing it. You know again, you go, I was here since twenty sixteen, so I've seen icos and mean coins and NFTs and now it's like trad fi institutions taking the blockchain, building incredible real world use cases and utility and solving problems and improving efficiency.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you know, because your current stock market is asleep during the weekends during holidays, so if you you know, blockchain does not. And that's really as simple as it is. So you have liquidity that improves, you have settlement time that is improving. Who doesn't want that, you know, put you you want a transaction done, and you happen to get in on the Friday, but it's a three day weekend and so Monday it's a holiday. Now you don't have to worry about that anymore. And I think that's great.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and especially if there's like macro news of like war or whatever, right that's happening and you can't get out of your acid go in or out right because it's like you said, but in a tokenized twenty four seven market, you can. And Crypto was the start of that, the genesis of it all exactly.
Speaker 1: It's it's really the fact that Wall Street is really seeing this as a benefit shows crypto is clearly not going anywhere, you know, it's here. It's just how how now this becomes, how this mature is into the space, How the two collide.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I hope people maybe via this podcast and some of the work we've been doing, they recognize that it's not just about the coins. The coins is like the representation of the blockchain. And yes there's bad blockchains and bad coins and speculative you know, garbage that happens in every industry, right, there's zombie stocks on the stock market and things like that. But recognize this is technology. This is the next layer on the internet. Look at the blockchain and then if you want to invest and say I'm going to bet on this blockchain, then you grab the coin. I like to remind people look at the blockchain first, not the coin first.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I think that's why it's your your infrastructure companies, you know, your stable coin, issuance companies, your your treasury. Like, these are the companies that are winning because they have the infrastructure from a speed, you know, the settlement layer, the cost layer, the technology portion, you know, I know we'll get to that. The Securitize and Cancer Fitzgerald partnership, like that's such a huge deal because they are the tech beneath of running you know, huge financial institution.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and to your point, Securitized they went public recently Viaspac merger on the New York Stock Exchange. So these infrastructure companies are growing, they're going public, they're expanding globally.
Speaker 2: So it's exciting times.
Speaker 3: And again I think a lot of people are just so focused on price and look, I have a portfolio of crypto assets. I won the price to go up, but don't miss the forest with the trees here where the world is changing, The markets are changing, and it's because of this technology.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I think Wall Street specifically, you know, not just from a crypto standpoint, They're understanding that banking products are moving in this direct, like eventually they will all be tokenized to the point where investors are now looking at it as more appealing because of that. So I think you also have banks that understand, Okay, if we're going to attract investors, we need to get on board with this.
Speaker 3: Oh absolutely, I think the banks, if I'm not mistaken there. We spoke to the head of Crypto City, Ryan Rugg. They're doing tokenized deposits, so like this is more on the commercial side versus the retail. Retail may be stable coin, but tokenize the positive they'll be able to move capital between each other faster, exactly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because you think of the specifically with IPOs, with Cantor Fitzgerald, I mean, the traditional IPO, you had the company that was raising the money. You had a lot of intermediaries because of the traditional IPO, and so when you bring in blockchain now into that, that's ownership that originates digitally and every layer everything becomes programmable and so that asset is never leaving the blockchain.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And to your point, Canter and securitize the announced partnership to bring IPOs on chain, which is pretty wild when you think about it, that eventually companies when they go public, they're going to go public on chain versus the traditional way because it's all going to be running a blockchain anyway.
Speaker 2: And it's just fascinating.
Speaker 3: And I think there's folks we've interviewed also to talk about private equity going on chain, so companies ahead of time can start putting out shares on chain even before they do an IPO and get more participants in there. So it's going to change capital formation.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I like that blockchain. You know, I think we've said this in a lot of episodes, like people are going to stop saying it, people are going to start you know, it's going to go into the background because it's no longer just this add on product. It becomes the operating system as a whole. And I think that's where we're seeing the evolution of this industry. It's very exciting.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we are living in one of the most incredible technologically advanced or the genesis of a technological movement that's going to change the world in the next hundred years.
Speaker 2: And I guess an analogy.
Speaker 3: To that would be like the late eighteen hundreds into the early nineteen hundreds with that industrial revolution, with the combustion engine, electricity, light bulb, automobile, well, internet, blockchain, AI, robotics, UH, space exploration, solar energy and all that. Right, just imagine what the world's going to be like in fifty years with all this technology in place.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's gonna be the fifth element with Bruce Willis.
Speaker 2: Are you going to cry or freeze yourself? Amanda?
Speaker 1: You know, oh, man, I don't think years, so I don't know why it's so morbid to me.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, But you know, there's some folks who are talking about, well, you're this is a really weird thing to talk about. But your version of yourself could be put into an AI model where it has your attributes, knowledge and things like. It won't be like you like your soul to speak, but that version could live in an AI format and people can then download into a robot avatar.
Speaker 2: It's wild the things that you could potentially do.
Speaker 1: And I imagine there are certain people you want that with. I don't know why anybody would want to keep me in a name, AI wrote, I get like the genius is like the most brilliant minds your bit like you want that, you want their brains here on this earth. Still, I get that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, right, it's it's pretty wild. It's going to be an interesting feature. But we got to talk. I think last item here. You know, we're still in the crypto bear market. I think we're going to come out of it soon. But as per every bear market, there are casualties, and this is I think healthy. Not that I want to see anybody fail or companies to fail, but I think there's a natural aspect to bull and bear.
Speaker 2: Markets where the herd gets thinned out.
Speaker 3: You know, as it's saying goes when the tide goes back out, you see who's swimming naked. We had a bunch of bitcoin treasury issues here, Jack Maller stepping down from twenty one Big Coin Treasury Company, Mark Moss's Satsuma Bigcoin Treasury Company. The shareholders green lighted the sale of all their bitcoin and exiting from the London Stock Exchange and then Bitmax Exchange is shutting down. So these are casualties so far.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is this and I agree with you. I don't think these are failures. I think this is just the evolution of what we're seeing this industry, you know, come into I think the Mark Moss business model, you know, because I think he would only join that company last year, if I'm not mistaken. So that's it's very interesting because a lot of these companies, I mean Jack Mallers, he was one of the first personalities in bitcoin, and and to be fair, these these companies were kind of copycats of Strategy, but the problem was that they were more so you know, it was like by bitcoin sell, by bitcoin cell, and it was so reliant on the market that even through one bear market, Satsuma could not survive. And so you have to question why has strategy, you know, continued to survive through all these bear markets, And it is to you know, strategies credit. They did build a financial engineering portion that was unbeatable that you know, I mean, Michael Saylor understands convertible debt and and all these things that you had to know in order to survive those downturns. But these these other guys, I don't. I think it was just too It was like they were forced sellers. And to me, that's the kiss of death. It's like when when that's your business model. And Mark Moss especially prided himself on a lot of these almost like Ted Talks, if you will, of how to be a good businessman, and so it was shocking to see that his business was completely built on whether bitcoin falls or not. That's to me, that's not a good business model.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, a lot of these guys were copycats, but they didn't execute well to your point, and you're starting to see the weakness and the chinks in the armor now, and it looks like many of them are going to have to shut their business down. Because even I was questioning at one point, you know, why are all these guys starting bitcoin treasury companies? There's only room for so many because Strategy obviously had the biggest brand, the head start right, first movie advantage, But do we need twenty of these? Like, what the hell would I want to go invest in the It's just weird.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, And it's interesting because you think about why Michael Sailor is famous, and it's because the guy bought bitcoin. That's it. That's and it's interesting because that's the least important part when it comes to these companies, these bitcoins. And what's another misconception is bitcoin treasury companies are not necessarily known for buying bitcoin. They're known for for having access to capital markets. There that's it's in fact, bitcoin is secondary really in terms of how they they strategize. So I think because he became famous for that, uh, that that was not that was just not It was the least important part. And it's really because, like I said, strategy never became a forced seller. So they continued, they continued on. But my point that I'm trying to get to is you had Sailor, Moss Sailor, look at all these guys that I hope that we bitcoin specifically gets away from the personalities and starts becoming the actual you know, let's let's form companies, let's talk about the technology portion infrastructure, because we have to get away from these influencer mentalities where you're just getting on stage simply because you bought bitcoin and you seem to know more than everyone else.
Speaker 2: That's such a great, great point.
Speaker 3: And we've talked a lot about Michael Sailor, for example, needs to not be the face of bitcoin into your and even to these other guys, Jack Maller, So great point there, and and the other factor that I thought of while these guys were launching these bitcoin treasuries, why, especially with ETFs and black Rock and all these institutions saying, hey, we have a bitcoin ETF, we will custody it. It's safe, We're not doing anything crazy with it. Come invest You're already working with us, you know our brand. Why the hell would I go to buy twenty one Capitals or the company's share right, I'm talking about the average investor. Now. Now those are sophisticated and understand certain things, sure, but the average are just going to be like.
Speaker 2: What the hell would I? What the hell is twenty one Capital go to black rocker Fidelity.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well that's why I'm fascinated that they didn't see this coming, because bitcoin is an asset is probably the most trusted amongst crypto. It's really it's real. It's been on the balance sheets, you know, battle tested on balance sheets at some of these big institutions. How did you not see this coming? Where eventually, like the natural evolution is where now institutions are adopting this and they're going to form their own products. You're going to go belly up. That's just how it works.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And consumers are already in the process of trying to get educated about bitcoin. Many of them are still skeptical. What makes you think they're going to go the next step leaf frog bitcoin to go say I'm going to hold your stock because you hold bitcoin and I don't know what you're doing, like it the mentally for again, the average investor, right, they're not going to do that. That's a hard sell if it's already hard to sell them crypto, which.
Speaker 1: Is new, right, And once clarity passes hope does, you're just going to see more and more products, more companies coming out of that. This will be a pastime where it was like And if you want to be on the media portion of you know, the broader market, that's one thing. But if you're doubling down on being the face of an asset, I think you're doing yourself a huge disservice.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I think that goes against bitcoin too, right, So Toshi knock them out of being anonymous.
Speaker 2: You don't know who it.
Speaker 3: Is, so all of a sudden, sailors the poster boy for bitcoin and these guys come on, you know, Yeah, shouldn't be that way. No, Well, Amanda, hopefully in the next two weeks when we meet, the Clarity Act has passed the Senate, passed the House and we're celebrating.
Speaker 2: Maybe I bring some champagne in here and I love it.
Speaker 1: I've got glasses, but I can't. Yeah, well we'll digitally toast.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we'll see how it works out.
Speaker 3: But everyone, thank you so much for tuning in, and we'll catch you in the next one.
Speaker 1: Thanks everyone, Thanks Tony,