Speaker 1: Hey, Han, did you get that whistle?
Speaker 2: Go do Amos? That whistle means Rinso white, Rinso bright, Rinso news.
Speaker 3: Yet, that's right, and it means that this is Sunday.
Speaker 4: And we was on air for nineteen fifty Rinso with Sodium, The Amos and Andy Show.
Speaker 5: Well Jack, Benny Rochester, Luluvan, Johnny Lee, Helvey, Almond, Willard Waterman, Jeff Alexander's Orchestra, and radio's all time favorites, Amos and Mandy.
Speaker 3: Yes, sir, The.
Speaker 5: Amasonadi Show brought to you by a Leverer Brothers Company, makers of you nineteen fifty Rinsol with Sodium. The Solfa gets your clothes whiter and brighter than you.
Speaker 6: Rinto Rinto Rinso New.
Speaker 5: During the past year, Andy Brown managed to kill me I mate four hundred and fifty dollars and had a tuck safely away and his savings account. Yesterday the Kingfish found out about it, and today they're in business with a capital of four hundred and fifty dollars. At the moment we find them discussing the new venture.
Speaker 4: Well, Thenna, that's a great name we got for our company. Down the super Friendly Convenient neighborhood Personal Loan Company Incorporated.
Speaker 2: Well, that show is a pretty long name to have on the door there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but the painter managed to get it all on.
Speaker 3: Only trouble is when you open the.
Speaker 4: Door, the word incorporated stays on the door.
Speaker 2: Jam ever, you know, Kingfish, I've been thinking about this loan business. I felt a lot safer when my four hundred dollars was in the bank at four hundred and fifty. It was drawing pounded up interests everything. On top of that, my savings was guaranteed by the government too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, what's so good about that?
Speaker 4: Annah? Let's all a rise of thing. Who is the government the people? And you is the people?
Speaker 3: I is right?
Speaker 4: In other words, you was guaranteeing you own money.
Speaker 3: And you don't want to dead be like yourself responsible for.
Speaker 2: You know, I sure don't. You know, it's lucky I got out of that bank in time. But tell me this, uh, just how you go about running the loan business?
Speaker 4: Well then I don't already put the air in. They have new newspaper, you see.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well that sounds good. Oh come here, amos, come hi boys.
Speaker 4: You really are set up in the loan business. Yah, Asia yes, he must. We gonna do big things you already?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah. Putting my money in the loan business is the smartest thing I ever done, amos. Ain't no point in keeping it a dangerous place like a bank.
Speaker 4: What do you mean dangerous?
Speaker 3: Then?
Speaker 2: Well, after all, who guarantees your money when it's in the bank? The government? And who is the government? The people? And who is the people of? Who is the king? Were as the people? Oh yeah, I know there was somebody who couldn't trust, miss.
Speaker 3: Listen.
Speaker 4: I ain't got the time order strength to untangle this mess. But the reason I come back here is because I was in here for before you fellas without the lunch. When I was here, you see, oh you wash yeah, and the pe wrung. And it was some fellow named Rochester, and he was interested in getting a loan. And he coming over here at two o'clock to see.
Speaker 2: You, buddy, King Fish. We got a customer.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, we can take care of him, all righty.
Speaker 4: We got a working capital of four hundred and fifty dollars and we plan to loan it out in dribs and dress.
Speaker 3: Rochester, say you want bar four hundred dollars? What do you think man.
Speaker 2: Well, with one big draft like that, he gonna ribble us right out of.
Speaker 4: Well, then there's two o'clock. Got a fellow ought to be here in a minute.
Speaker 2: Now, Yeah, he gonna be our first customer. Hey.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 4: The one nice thing about this loan, uh stander. Look out the window there that fella comes across the street. I wonder if that could be that Rochester fella. Boy, he is really dressed up sharp and he oh yeah, on black shoes, gray Hamburg.
Speaker 3: Hare.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and look at that top cod he's wearing there. That is the most beautiful shade of orange I don't ever see.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Quiet and wait a minute. He coming in here. Hey, Hey, how do you do? Is a mine of chances? You Rochester?
Speaker 7: That's me?
Speaker 3: Oh tell me this? What can we do for himsus? Rochester?
Speaker 8: Is this where I come to get my wallet pumped up?
Speaker 2: Yes, sir, this year is the friendly loan company? All right?
Speaker 1: Well, I want to buy.
Speaker 4: Four hundred bucks four hundred dollars. Well, I think we might be able to help you. Tell him, miss Rochester, as you employed at the present time.
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, I've been working for the same fellow as the butler for the past twelve years.
Speaker 2: Well, if you've been working for this fellow all that time, how come you need to borrow money?
Speaker 1: I said, I've been working.
Speaker 8: I didn't say nothing about getting paid.
Speaker 4: Well, as long as you was working steady, I guess we could swing it. Now. Uh, you see, on all loons we got liberal terms. Yeah, we only charges you two percent inentes.
Speaker 1: Well, that sounds fine. Is that about a year?
Speaker 4: Or by the hour, about a month, by a second, that's what is about?
Speaker 3: Then?
Speaker 4: Uh, muster rocherster. There are some other little fees in there too. Now there's a two dollars filing charge, a three dollars handling feed. Then of course we has to record the loon. There's a twenty one dollars recording charge.
Speaker 1: Who's gonna record it? John Charles Thomas.
Speaker 3: And now let's see you I hadn't have the whole thing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he gives you the four hundred dollars now, and in two weeks you pays us back to small the small total of.
Speaker 3: Nine hundred and sixty five dollarscent our friend of terms.
Speaker 8: I can get better turns than that from Joe Stalin, But right now I ain't got no choice.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you yeah. Well, I'll tell you before we let you have the money in missus Rochester, there's one thing more that we got to know. Uh what do you want the money for? Anyhow?
Speaker 8: Well, boy, as I tell you, I want this money to make a down payment on a little rose covered cottage in.
Speaker 4: The country, the rules covered cottage.
Speaker 8: Uh yeah, someplace I can call home when my buttling days is over and I quit working for the whole father time.
Speaker 4: Well that's a legiterate reason for the noon. All right, give the man the money in it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let me op up my shirt here and get my money belt now. But mondawaar, Holy smoke, King Fish wears that I've been robbed. I've been robbed.
Speaker 4: No, no, an no, no, no, that is Annie just sunk in between them rules of blubber.
Speaker 8: Yeah, man, they're speaking out of the second layer.
Speaker 2: Well, I got a grip on it.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: Wait a minute, here's the flap on the pocket from the belt. Let me get this skeep been off here, Then pull the scotch tape loose, then get this rivet out of here. Ah, here is here's the money.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 1: That's some belt. The fella I worked for has got.
Speaker 2: One just like it. Yeah, uh yeah.
Speaker 8: The only difference is when he unbuttons his DVDs, A bell ring, bell ring. Yeah, when we put his underwear in the washing machine, it sounds like New year'sy.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well, here's the money, miss Rochester, and remember now, you're gonna return the money to us within two weeks plus interest and carry charges.
Speaker 4: Okay, boy, yeah, take a care of yourself. We don't want nothing that happened to you between now and then.
Speaker 2: You know, yeah, we'd be in bad shape if you got killed or something.
Speaker 8: You got nothing to worry about the way you boys got me tied up. My corps will be making payments two years after I'm bad.
Speaker 4: Looks like this loan business gonna catch on.
Speaker 3: Here been in the thing ten days now.
Speaker 4: Done made two loans already, four hundred dollars to that fell of Rochester and forty nine.
Speaker 3: Dollars twenty five cent to myself.
Speaker 4: That still leaves the seventy five cents to play around.
Speaker 3: Hello frind the loan conner.
Speaker 1: Hello this Rochester.
Speaker 3: Oh fine, Uh, you're ready to pay back the loan? Huh?
Speaker 8: That's why Carle, I ain't gonna be able to pay it back. I ain't got no money.
Speaker 3: I ain't got no money.
Speaker 4: Well, then that kids, we're gonna have to full clothes on your collateral.
Speaker 8: I ain't got no collateral neither.
Speaker 4: What about the rules covered cottage in the country made it down payment on he ran second?
Speaker 9: So happy Ladle marstas blaa brusts wideran brther than you, rimto washes rimton, rimton.
Speaker 1: Whiter than new right than you.
Speaker 5: Rinso, rinsot, Rinso new, Rinsol New. It's an amazing fact. Nineteen fifty. Rinso with solium gets white clothes, whiter, washable colors brighter than new Rinso New. Even on rainy days. Rinso put sunshine in your wash. No other soap can make your wash so white so bright because no other soap contains the scientific sunlight ingredients solium. Nineteen fifty Rinsol gets out more dirt, Yes, gets out more dirt than any other type of wash day product. Yet Rinso is so safe for clothes. So kind to your hands. Get Rinso today. See your wash become whiter brighter than.
Speaker 6: New Rinso we rinsot Rinseo new oh me rogested and lords and is four hundred dollars on a horse wreath and I was the one that got en in this myth.
Speaker 4: How in the world is I gonna make the news to him? Or him coming down the hall? Now, well, they know you used to beat around the bush.
Speaker 3: I gonna come right out and tell the.
Speaker 2: Boy come here, brother, and come in hello, pardner, dear, make any big other deals today with our capital uppers?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 4: And someone won't tell you palm's that? And as you ever hear the whole expression that, uh, having money brings a fellow nothing but sadness, and you ain't never happy until you get rid of it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I hear of that.
Speaker 4: But sit down, son, have a good laugh for yourself.
Speaker 2: Wait a minute, the kingfish, if something doesn't happen to that four hundred dollars of mine.
Speaker 4: Yes, and there to put it as gender as possible, the money is done going down to Sewer, Rochester, un loast you four hundred dollars.
Speaker 2: Wait a minute, how about closing in on that rose covered cottage?
Speaker 4: And there seven other horse has already done that?
Speaker 2: You mean he bet on a horse?
Speaker 4: Yeah, and it looked like you have been paring niptile red throat of you four hundred dollars there?
Speaker 2: Wait, Kingfish, you is responsible for this. You don't talk me into going into this loan business. Now you've done lost my money. Kingfish, put up your too well, now a minute, wait a minute, nothing, stand up there. I'm gonna knock all your teeth out. Then I'm gonna work on your gums.
Speaker 3: And they just take it easy.
Speaker 2: Here, come in, shortest, stand back, shorty, stand back. I just about to beat up the king.
Speaker 1: Now wait, wait, wait a minute, handed, you.
Speaker 10: Can't beat up a teller that we is known for, a fellow who's always helped helps us to a feller that.
Speaker 4: We learned to love, and did.
Speaker 10: You care help when I let's both take a crack at him.
Speaker 4: Hey, look an lay off me here and let's settle this thing like gentlemen, if we just hit the right angle, help, we might.
Speaker 3: Get back on money.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, why is this trouble all about?
Speaker 4: Fellow?
Speaker 2: Well, listen, shorty, we've done one in the loan business, and we let a guy by the name of Rochester four hundred dollars and now we ain't gonna get it back. Well, now, leslie, if.
Speaker 1: This teller's working here's an angle, find out who he's working for. You see, then maybe his book with a dance view the money and then.
Speaker 10: He could take a little out of rat ratchet to start here week to get paid back. I sawt of a gone sheeld salary.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Rochester's bosses a responsible, a generous person.
Speaker 3: That might work, you know.
Speaker 10: Yeah yeah, but but but the thing you already do first, though, is check up on Rochester's boss's financial stands, and that'll tell you.
Speaker 1: What your chance is here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a good idea.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, we never got in all this trouble at Rochester. Hadn't lost the money on the horse race.
Speaker 3: All damn horse races is picky thing.
Speaker 10: Oh yeah, I know all about him cause I used to be a jockey.
Speaker 4: Shorty, you was a jockey.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, Oh, I'll never forget my biggest raise. It was like the Kentucky Thervy.
Speaker 10: Oh, I was riding a wonderful horse and just before the rags the trena give me mine strutching he did, Yeah, he can.
Speaker 1: He give me a stop watch and he and he said, when the race begins, to start the watch. That's what he's saying. When the race begins, to start the watch.
Speaker 10: And let the horse break fast and go full speed for the first twenty seconds, then for the next two five seconds.
Speaker 1: Just let him stay on the piece. Then for the last thirty seconds, use the whip and go for a diving finish.
Speaker 3: The Yeah, well, how did the plan work out?
Speaker 10: Shorty never left the starting galer forgot to wind the watch.
Speaker 4: Well, then the retail Credit Association giving me all the financial information on Rochester's employer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you sure got a lot of stuff though, rights the fellow Rochester's working for, and what do he do?
Speaker 4: Well, he's on the radio and then his name is Benny Benny. Who know that's that's his last name, Jack Benny. Oh oh yeah, I was here to him and he won that got the dummy on his knee. You thinking of that other fellow that's always on the radio or the television at the time, that Arthur Goofy or something like that. Was this fellow Bennie. I think it's on the radio during the daytime. I think he messed up with Aunt Jenny or something like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, let's get back to this mister Bennett's financial report.
Speaker 4: Yeah, now, well, lotn't already put in the call to mister Bennet's bank to see who I can find out something there.
Speaker 3: You see. They ald to call me back in a minute. They checking on it.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well, in the meantime, let's check this stuff we got from the credit association.
Speaker 3: Well, now here's the.
Speaker 4: Statement they give me from one of the departments too. Mister Bennett done some business with Stewart's Departmasto.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what did that say? Say?
Speaker 7: Here?
Speaker 4: January the fifth, nineteen forty five, took out one hot water bottle on trial. August the second, nineteen forty eight, returned hot water bottle.
Speaker 2: When he tries something, he really gave it a world, don't.
Speaker 4: There's something Melsday after that, they custom erclean bottle leaked and threatened lawsuit for water damage.
Speaker 3: Well, then they have to night. That's fellow Bennet. Is that can no robin hood is it?
Speaker 2: Oh? Here's up here, king Fish. A report from a party caterer. Mister Bennet gave a New Year's Eve party.
Speaker 3: Oh he did. Let me see this. Yeah, this might give a difference. Slan on him. Let me see this thing? Or this was the big party all right?
Speaker 4: Look a four thousand party napkins, fifty party favers, fifty place cards, six bottles of gingail, and a half a pint of domestic sherry. Yeah, that must have been a ball, right, sounds like the type of affair you wouldn't mind leaving early.
Speaker 3: Look had left fisty facts yere up to now.
Speaker 4: I got a sneaking suspicion that this needs the kind of man who's gonna hand over four hundred dollars.
Speaker 2: Well, what must we do, King Fish? It looked to me like, uh, you't know?
Speaker 3: That must be the bank caller now and then go ahead.
Speaker 4: Hello, oh the bank huh yeah, hue or checked on mister Benny.
Speaker 3: How good? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Well, like I told you, were trying to get four hundred dollars out of them, and we wonder what our chances was of getting it.
Speaker 3: You'll pay us win.
Speaker 4: Oh, well, it'll be a long time before that freeze is over.
Speaker 3: He uh Well, then there it looked like he was out of lucky.
Speaker 2: I don't luck nothing, King Fish, yours responsible for me losing my money, and you're gonna do something about it? Well, I tell you, wait a minute, Wait a minute. Here, Look who's coming across the streets here. It's that for usseen Jackson the galler come up from Georgia last week, Say King Fisher.
Speaker 4: She sells boarding over at your house. Yeah, she's staying up there. Doesn't you find another room for herself?
Speaker 5: You know?
Speaker 3: She clears about you, and.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know I'm afraid of that Gal. I think she's still trying to nuptil.
Speaker 4: Like me, you know, come here and come on, you know, he know, hello, Flora?
Speaker 3: How is you?
Speaker 2: Yeah? What is you doing in this neighborhood?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 11: I just come from the beauty Paul. I wanted to make myself look presentable.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Too bad they couldn't take you.
Speaker 1: You're so Jude, isn't he missus Stephens?
Speaker 4: Yeah, cuty alright?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Oh you poor boys look trouble. Is it something bothered Mi? Andy?
Speaker 2: Oh, it's nothing you could help us with. For Ussel, we had a business deal, go sour. We loaned some money to a fella and later on we find out he better go on a horse named rose Bud that lost.
Speaker 1: Rosebud lost. But that's funny.
Speaker 3: Why does you know anything about her?
Speaker 1: Will?
Speaker 11: The strangest thing happened naturally. I don't know the first thing about horse racing, and I stopped by the news stand to get my woman's Home companion a copy of that other magazine. I think they call it the race, and Form happened to blow over to the fifth, and Rockingham.
Speaker 2: Just happened to blow up in the fifth though years and according.
Speaker 11: To the dude, a rose bud breeze seven furlongs in one twenty five and then came on to cop the thing by nose.
Speaker 5: I have a feeling that means she won't.
Speaker 1: When I listen.
Speaker 4: Man, if that horse won don't mean that Rochester has gotten money and he is pulling the.
Speaker 3: Fast one on us.
Speaker 2: You said it. We got to get some legal advice on this right away.
Speaker 11: But I'll be running along now.
Speaker 1: Goodbye, and do you fat little rescue, you.
Speaker 4: Fat little rascal sol on for lessons?
Speaker 5: Goodbye, bunny head, you know king fish.
Speaker 2: For a gal. I don't know nothing about racing. I wonder how comes she'll know so much about horses.
Speaker 5: Man in there, I.
Speaker 4: Guess it's duels in It takes one to new ones.
Speaker 5: This is Ken Carpenters the Night. I've got something unusual to say. As our audience came into the studio, we showed them twelve beautiful Christmas cards. They're colorful prints of winter scenes by famous American artists. The audience. I've got them here in my hand. Aren't they as fine as any Christmas cards you've ever seen? That's what I think too. But here's a surprise. You can get all twelve of these handsome Christmas cards with envelopes for just twenty five cents and a Renso box top. The address is Renso Christmas Card Club Box thirty, New York eight, New York. This offer is limited to the continental United States, Alaska and Hawaii. I think you will say these cards are at least a dollar value. What's more, you won't have to shop at crowded collars at Christmas time. Now, this is the last time I'll make this, and I'll so hurry sayd twenty five cents at a Rensaw box top to a Rents saw Christmas Card Club Box thirty Your Yark eight, Your York. Allow three weeks for delivery. Order these twelve beautiful Christmas cards and envelopes right away.
Speaker 4: Well, come on and let's get on in here and see if Calhoun the politician has got some way we could get that four hundred dollars back from Rochester.
Speaker 2: Yeah, put that money on the horse and the horse won. He really trying to pull a fastl on us. I hope Calhoun's in.
Speaker 4: How you doing that?
Speaker 7: Then?
Speaker 1: With Calhoun?
Speaker 3: Can we see him in?
Speaker 1: Well, I'm suddenly be seated.
Speaker 3: Boys, be.
Speaker 4: Now look at your Calhoun. We got some big business to it cause will you? Yeah, First you better have a cigar. Don't mind if a dude things.
Speaker 3: Let me give you a lature.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let me puffle on the thing.
Speaker 2: You know, Calhoun, that cigar you're smoking there is two for fifty cent?
Speaker 1: Well, who got the forty eight cent one?
Speaker 2: Look, Calhoun, look at where's in big trouble? You know?
Speaker 1: Well, tell you boys, what is the trouble that's troubling you?
Speaker 4: And when I hears the thing, we opened up a loon coming looing four hundred dollars to a fellow named Rochester. Now he bet the money on a horse. Not a horse won, But now he won't pay us back to loan.
Speaker 1: Well, now if that's the case, legally you was in the right. The thing for you to do is go down to the courthouse and see you dejas.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I thought for a minute there you was gonna come up dry.
Speaker 4: Calhoun got a good idea.
Speaker 2: Then, yep, there's lots of ways you can collect from a fello who's trying to put a fants one on you.
Speaker 5: The judge can servant with an art to pay is your renov indenture, take a.
Speaker 1: Lean on his home, stop paying him his bank account, attach his person or providence, or final charge of him tempted the fraud.
Speaker 4: Hey Calhoun, you really know all the legal angers on collect money? How you know all that stuff?
Speaker 7: Boys, I've been sued there the way you can think, Well.
Speaker 3: The clerk say that the judge will see us in the middlee.
Speaker 2: Then yeah, James Vigil, I hope we can get our money back some way.
Speaker 4: Well, Na, all we got to do is tell the judge the truth. We ain't got to make up no cock and bull store. But once in o like we is in the right.
Speaker 3: Sha.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a funny feeling. Some chills up this spine. Come on, Andy, we is next year?
Speaker 3: Excuse us?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 4: How you do your judge hip? How do you do?
Speaker 2: I don't believe I know you?
Speaker 5: Man?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Well, my name is George Keithley Stevens. This is my partner Andy Brown here.
Speaker 2: Well what can I do for you? Well, you see, miss judge, we is in the loan business and we learn a fellow four hundred dollars and he refuses to pass back. I see, and you gentlemen, wished to swear out of complaint against him.
Speaker 4: Swear well, uh, without putting no cuss words in the thing doesn't make its strong as you can.
Speaker 1: Yes, well, let me get the facts.
Speaker 4: Are they are? Well, we'll tell you everything. We runningto that judred loan coming here. We've got nothing to hide.
Speaker 5: That's fine. I presume your license is all in order.
Speaker 3: We got license?
Speaker 5: Yes, yes, you have to have a license so operate a loan company.
Speaker 1: Oh we are the other.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we got a license already to just had it renewed nineteen forty nine licens animous brown.
Speaker 2: Oh show show got the license place on the front of the back of the building.
Speaker 1: Well, if you have a license, i'd like to see it.
Speaker 3: Like to see it.
Speaker 4: Huh. Well, I'll tell him mother we've been doing that's your big loan business in the past month. The fred we've done overdone ourselves and loaning out.
Speaker 3: The license too. That's what.
Speaker 5: Well, let's forget about the license for the time being. Now about this loan.
Speaker 4: Well, there's the open and shut thing here. We leve this's Rochester four hundred dollars two weeks ago, and now he refuses to pay us back the nine hundred and sixty five dollars.
Speaker 3: Nater Center, the ozers, that's the thing.
Speaker 5: Nine hundred and sixty five dollars. Are you buying any chance guilty of usury?
Speaker 2: Oh no, sir, No, sir. We just charged them the regular thirty percent.
Speaker 1: Do you realize the.
Speaker 5: Legal rate of interest in this state is ten percent?
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, we all use the legal rate, but we used the three times.
Speaker 2: We ain't done nothing wrong. All we've done was the over legalized.
Speaker 12: Well, this is a fine state of affairs, no license to operate alone, company, excessive interest rates. There happened to be severe penalties for this sort of thing. Just who was in charge of this company?
Speaker 4: Liar's the office boy, and you I was under him. He is just two innerson novice boys. We don't know nothing about nothing.
Speaker 12: Well, there's no doubt about it. There's some loan sharks involved in this thing somewhere.
Speaker 3: He doesn't talk about us.
Speaker 4: We just a couple of sardines. We see you again, joy, Oh boy, I'm so glad to get out of the Yeah, high, I like that kingfish for the first time in our life we tell somebody the truth and the man jumps all over us. Well, when you're starting moting with that true stuff, we're playing with fire already.
Speaker 2: Well, Kingfisher, we still ain't got my four hundred dollars back. Now, what what's me do?
Speaker 4: Well, there's only one thing left to do in her we got to call Rochester.
Speaker 3: On the phone.
Speaker 4: Tell him, man, the man that we done found out about his horse running first, and see if we can't talk him into coming over here and paying.
Speaker 3: Us back on the money.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's right, that's the only chance, you know, kings which we ought to have a rule around here. What's that the next time we gypsy customer, we gotta make show that he ain't smarter than we. You say you finally got Rochester on the phone about an hour ago.
Speaker 4: Yes, and then he says, for he knew the horse ran second. Oh, this business about the horse winning was as much.
Speaker 3: News to him as it was us.
Speaker 4: I told him to get his book that took the bet and come over here so we could.
Speaker 3: Straighten this thing out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a funny thing, all right, the bookie telling him the horse runs second and the actual won.
Speaker 3: The thing yeah.
Speaker 4: Well here, wait a minute, I think I hear Rochester coming down the hall.
Speaker 2: Now, yeah, I hope he got his bookie with him and we can find out why the fellow refuses to pay off.
Speaker 4: Oh, come in here, Rochester.
Speaker 10: I'm likely to meet the bookie that took my bet.
Speaker 1: Yeah you like it well that lawyer?
Speaker 2: Yeah, hello boys, Oh it's mister Benny. Look at that.
Speaker 4: It must Benny. You mean to say that you takes bets?
Speaker 2: Well, a man needs some hobby.
Speaker 3: I love much, Benny.
Speaker 4: You took Rochester's bet here and you told him that ruse but lost. But in the recent form and say clean in his d that it was a photo finish and the camera showed that she won by news. Now what about that?
Speaker 5: Well, I can't can be wrong too.
Speaker 2: See I made the horn blows at midnight.
Speaker 4: And if you're going to us doing ask for soup that the most women use, what did you get amos on this program?
Speaker 5: That is a foolish question. The answer, of course is Rinso. More women use Rinso than any other washday soap in the world. Nineteen fifty Rinsol with solium gets clothes whiter, colors brighter than you. Yes, Renso New Rinso makes the hardest part of dishwashing easier too. Pots and pans really shine. Get the economical giant size nineteen fifty Rensol with a red Solium label.
Speaker 4: We'd like to thank Rochester and Jack Benny of the Ant Jenny Program for being.
Speaker 3: On NAS show.
Speaker 13: In your next Sunday, Life Boy gets skin Cleaner. Gives you longer all over protection after your daily bath. Remember there's not just one or two, but thirteen areas of the skin where doctors have found bo Life Boy protects you all over, gives you top twenty four hour security.
Speaker 2: Get Life Boy right away.
Speaker 5: The sure list of the Amerson and Show at the same time. Next Sunday, stay tuned for the Edgarburg and Charlot McCarthy Show, which follows immediately over most of these stations. This is CBS, the Columbia Broadcasting System.