Speaker 1: Greedy societations. Everyone at twelve s amok and Fantasy Baseball Live. Today is March first. We have turned out of awful February and it's cold weather now, it's a cold weather March. But we are twenty ten, twenty six days away from the first first pitch thrown an anchor for our season. Is that about right?
Speaker 2: Yeah? That seems bold. Right. We got the WC coming up too, so we're gonna have lots. We're gonna have lots to watch. I mean you're speaking about, you know, the dismal cold of February. Last night here was minus thirty one.
Speaker 1: It's warmed up a tad here. That's cold, by the way, it's formed up a tad here. We had a little bit of snowfloirries this morning. But I'm supposed to be sixty five next weekend, so I'm hoping that that punk satotly Phil has finally gotten back into his little hole and we can get spring on the way.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, you couldn't pick a better way to celebrate your upcoming birthday than that concert Saturday and Saturday. Now you're a Sunday night. Good for you.
Speaker 1: That's my birthday. That's not my birthday, mold friends, that's just a date.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: I still got something for my birthday yet. I'm gonna find out what is.
Speaker 2: Okay, Okay, Yeah, well, hey, Joe Bondam Mosso is present. It's not a bad present either.
Speaker 1: That's true. Yeah, we're very excited about it. So we're heading off next Sunday with Tim and I will be doing what do we decide to me Monday. We're going to be doing the show. On Monday evening, we're gonna be doing our annual mock draft that's really a real draft, and we're going to be recruiting some people and Tim's charge of that. He's going to be doing that and we're going to get that going a week from Monday. I'm looking forward to that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's always fun and we have a good time with that one. It's it's just a fun, a fun, a fun afternoon evening affair. And yeah, I'm always looking forward to it. Hey, we're doing we're doing a fifty rounder on the clock, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a fifty rounder. It'll be a twenty three rounder. And the little twist is this year Tim and I won't have any problems with this, but maybe some other people. You've got to have draft at least one rookie, somebody who has less than fifty innings pitched or less than one hundred and thirty at PATS. And if you don't pick one of those guys, I get to pick them for you, and I get to take one of your fifth round pick away, and I get to pick a rookie that will be left.
Speaker 2: So you don't want that to happen so well, No, I could see somebody ending up with sixteen year old Dominican kid that he has to look at all year. No, that doesn't felt like fun.
Speaker 1: I'll probably make it fair. I'll probably pick one of the guys that I think will come up, but or maybe let the person pick, but they will lose their fifth round pick, so that will be a little twist in it. So I'll make sure everybody knows it when I do the invite, tell them exactly what that particular role is. But you had a draft this past week. Your labor draft went on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, drafting out of the fifth spot. It was a fun evening. I actually spent some time with doctor Roto yesterday morning going over it, and he liked the results. He was he was drafting right beside me and we took here and snaping each other. But yeah, it was nice to be back on serious for a little bit cheot in the breeze. It was a fun event.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I see that. Let's just go through the first round and then we'll go through your picks. Oh, tani Wan judged to first. It's a retisseriy league and batting average.
Speaker 2: Correct, that's correct.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And you've got to draft players that have not had any at batchet in the big leagues where you have to wait until they have a big league at bat to draft them. Is that to acquire them to pick them off the waiver wire? Is that correct?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a that's correct. They've got to have They got to have a third of an inning pitched or one at bat before they are eligible once the draft is over. During the draft, it's uh, it's it's fair game. But if you want, if you want a late pick, the stash and avoid that massive bab rush. Now is the time in this league.
Speaker 1: The first round looks pretty pretty straightforward. Showey aatani Aaron Judge Bobby with junior one soa Tim took led La Cruz. As he told us last week in the fifth old Jose Ramirez and the sixth trek Scooble. Ronald Acuna Junior is off to a really good start in spring training, Paul Skiens, Oh Yoh, Rodriguez, Kyle Tucker, Gunner Henderson, Garrett Crochet, and Fernando Tatis. I don't see any real surprises here.
Speaker 2: Well, Kyle Tucker is up a little bit, but that's hey, that's personal choice.
Speaker 1: Because Carroll and Francisco Lindor have dropped because they might start the season on the IL and have the handmap issue.
Speaker 2: Right. Yeah, No, there was nothing. There was nothing really shocking right through I would say the right through the second round, you know, Nick Kurtz fell a little bit, but again still the middle of the second round, Yeah, it was pretty well to chalk and then you get into rounds three and four and the pictures start flying off the board. So yeah, there was probably my picking Elie de la Cruz in the fifth spot. It was probably the most controversial pick in that first round.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and as we talked, I just don't I don't think it is. I mean I was picking in the seventh hole in my NFBC draft, and I that's where I picked up Ledla Eli de la Cruz, and uh, I don't know who went so obviously, uh Corbyn Carroll went before him. Somebody else must have gone before him as well. I can't remember who it was. It must have been one of the.
Speaker 2: Pitchers, right, probably because there's three of them going towards the middle middle back of the of the first round. But yeah, I could have gone Hose Ramirez, but I've got I've got future Rookie of the Year kaz O Komodo plans in most of my leagues, so I don't need to double an on third base by taking Jose Ramirez. I can just spread it out and go a little bit cheaper on that position.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, you're you're all in on kas Okamotos, so it's either.
Speaker 2: Gonna work or it's not.
Speaker 1: But uh yeah, a lot of a lot of the guys that I have as my draft targets, So if you do terrible, then my draft targets did not work.
Speaker 2: So yeah, and I don't have, okay, a function where I can go zero zero down the road. Rich That's not fair, it really isn't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So so Tim goes Eli de la Cruz.
Speaker 2: One.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we'll just do the first five picks and you can talk us through Elie de la Cruz one, White Langford, two, Hunter Brown three, Andre's Munos four because you've got to get a closer early and Freddie Perrault's number five. So what was your thinking picking Ellie de la Cruz and then coming back with White Langford.
Speaker 2: Well, I've wanted to be strong on the outfield, you know, right from the get go this year, from the early days we started talking about drafting, and I love Langford. Okay, what can I say? I probably could have waited around, but I just want him on my on as many of my teams as I can get this year. I think you've got to. I think you got a safe floor of twenty five twenty five with a decent batting average, and I'm perfectly happy having him anchor my oatfield.
Speaker 1: Rich Now, to be fair, I have him as well. But he has not done it. He has not done it yet.
Speaker 2: No, he hasn't. No, So but we both well we both planned on being in on the ground floor, right.
Speaker 1: Okay, So that's that's my one concern. He hasn't done it yet. I haven't you have him. It's like, I don't know what to say to that. But at some point he's going to do it. There's no guarantee it'll be this year. I think the likelihood is pretty strong it's this year because he had his taste last year, a little bit of aches and pains, hat showed some flashes of being the guy that we think he's going to become. But there is some level of risk because he has never done it before.
Speaker 2: Yeah, twenty twenty I think would be disappointing, as you know, I add, But at the same point in time, that won't kill your plans. And I think you know, he did it last year.
Speaker 1: Okay, did you say that twenty twenty would be disappointing.
Speaker 2: Well, based on he did better than that last year. Yeah, well, I mean not a twenty five twenty six at twenty twenty. I'd be a little disappointed with that because that would mean he is performing this year at a lower level than the last year. I'm expecting growth.
Speaker 1: That's been twenty two last year with a two forty one batting average, and it's got a little unlucky. I mean, so that's when I say he didn't He hasn't done it yet. That's probably a bit of a lie, because I mean last year was pretty strong.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was, and if he produces to last year's level, he's not going to hurt either one of us. Right, it'll be a bit disappointing, but it'll be a disappointment we can get over fairly easily, I think.
Speaker 1: So back to your first pick, he did did did you toy with the idea of going with one of the big pictures? Did you also toy with the idea of Ronald Acuna, Huli Robriguz, Kyle Tucker, some other big outfielder and go outfielder outfielder.
Speaker 2: No, No, there was no hesitation. I'm looking you look at what the Dela Cruz did last year. Okay, what twenty homers eighty RBI is, one hundred runs scored, thirty seven stolen bases with a busted up quad in the second half. Okay, I think you can set a twenty home run thirty five to forty stolen base floor for Dela Cruz. You can also look at the potential of a twenty five to thirty home run season and fifty stolen base So there you know type year. So there is no hesitation on my part at all. I didn't want. I didn't want the pitching, and yeah, I know Ronald Cunia is set in the world on fire right now, but I just feel Dela Cruz is a safer pick and Julio Rodriguez again, it's a great pick, but I just think the upside is the sky's elymit Dela Cruz, and I'll take that upside.
Speaker 1: You also indicated last Sunday that you would definitely take a Hunter Brown. I think a logan web Brian Wu et cetera. Were you hoping that Yamamota would get back to you because it went one pick before.
Speaker 2: You actually one pick after.
Speaker 1: Oh so you took count That's right, you took Hunter Brown ahead of Yamamoto. Explain.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I explained that one yesterday because uh uh, the gentleman drafting after me, he was convinced for sure I was going to take Yamamoto and he won. He wanted an explanation, and it's a very simple one. If you look at their numbers from last year, they're totally comparable. You know, strikeouts, bitch e r a. All the numbers were within fractions of each other. And when I look at Yamamoto and don't hey, I love Yama Moto. I just think Hunterer Brown's capable of fifteen to twenty more innings than Yamamota will be this year. So I have Brown. I've moved him up ahead of Yamamoto. It's still very close, but when in doubt, I'm going to go with what I believe is going to be the picture that gets the higher workload, and I think that's under Brown.
Speaker 1: Our Patreon members got my targets two months ago. I said the fourth horse of the Big four after Schoobable's, Schimes and Crochet, was Hunter Brown. That was what my data told me, and I thought it was a clear definitive Hunter Brown over everybody else, including Yamamoto, Logan Gilbert, Christopher Sanchez. But that's just me. I do think I agree with you wholeheartedly that Yamamota will be rested. He is not going to pick as long as Hunter Brown is healthy. He's not going to pitch as many innings as Hunter Brown. Just not.
Speaker 2: No, I don't think there's no reason for it. Okay, the Dodgers are in it to win it. They want him ready for the playoffs because we know, based on last year, how much of a difference maker he can be in the playoffs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think Galamoto will be slightly overdrafted this year. He's good, great picture, no question about it. But I think people just need to realize that there's going He's going to get rested.
Speaker 2: He just is.
Speaker 1: Then he went with a closer we made. I made the comment last week, and I think you agreed. I mean, as long as everybody is drafting a closer early, it really doesn't matter. Just jump in and get the guy you want.
Speaker 2: Well. Yeah, and what we saw is in the fourth round I took Andrea's Munio, so okay, and right after Munos when Johan Duran coming back in round five, we then saw Devin Williams or all this Chapman David Bedner off in a round six. I think Munos is a step above all of those closers, So I'm perfectly fine with him in around four as an anchor to my fantasy bullpen.
Speaker 1: Can we talk about Devin Williams. I never got talk about closers today, but let's just talk about Devin Wise. He was brutal last year.
Speaker 2: It was not a good year.
Speaker 1: No, why is he still going as one of the elite closers. I mean when he was that bad last year.
Speaker 2: Well, because once you get by the first four or five closers, okay, they've all got some wards. Okay, you know Chapman is getting up there in age. Hey, what type of seasons have we seen from David Bedner over the past three years? Up down, all over the place? Ryan Hellsley, you know the middle deal. You look at Hellsley, he didn't look too good in the second half. Racio Iglacias had his moments last year brilliance, and he also stumbled. Jeff Hoffman. You know, the Jay's big project in the off season was to find a closer. Well, Jeff Hoffin is still their closer. Okay. Once you get through that first four or five closers, there's a huge group of ill called mid tier that all have that they they should all have various levels of concern attached to them. And then you get, let's toss a dark hope they stick out of the last ten or so closers. So I think Devin Williams falls into that middle group where you take him and your preferences are, you know, it could work great, or it could be a year like last year, in which case that's an awful high pick to be struggling with for all of twenty twenty six, which is why again I wanted one of the big and I'm not saying that the elite five or so are carved in stone, but they're as close as you're going to get, a lot closer than the next group anyhow.
Speaker 1: I mean, I get with Devin Williams of previous four years five verse was unbelievable. Yeah, I mean it's just, you know, best closer, if top three of not the best closer in the game. But last year maybe the bright lights of New York was just too much. But he's still in New York. He's just on the other side of the Hudson or other side of other side of the East River. So I don't know, it just seems a little scary to me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a situation I wanted to do avoid, all right.
Speaker 1: So that's your top four. Let me get back over and then coming at number five is one of my guys, Freddie Parolta love that pick, so he decided to go three in a row one pitching.
Speaker 2: Well, when you look at the base, I think I established a base with Dela Cruz and Language of fifty home runs and sixty five stolen bases. Okay, that's a good enough start that it allows me to look at a starting pitcher and go three pictures in a row, because you know I've mentioned many times twenty three is a magic number. That's how many pictures ended up generating one hundred and eighty plus strikeouts last year. I wanted at least two. With Freddie Perrault, I've got my two, and with Kevin Golzman as my third starter, that gives me three. So I wanted to take care of the strikeouts with a good, solid ace, high number two type starter, and Freddie BERLTA does everything I'd like.
Speaker 1: After that, you went Randy a Rose Arena and it's Tim's you know, just a guy that Tim gets a lot. Say Suzuki, one of my guys targets this year goes in the seventh round Kevin gossmans to mentioned Joe Adell, Big power, and then of course he goes kaz O Kamoto and then Amaya followed by that. So you with your two favorite Japanese guys coming into this season, talk about the why go back to two outfielders after taking White langfordt he went three outfielders and three pictures rot in a row.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I wanted to shore up my oat field. I wanted power and a little bit more speed. Randy rose Arena accomplishes that for me. I don't see any reason why I say Suzuki can get twenty five to thirty home runs after hitting what thirty two? I think it was last year driving driving in ninety runs and Joe Adell. I'm counting on thirty five ninety out of Joe Adell. So, uh, just filling in the gaps from a power speed point of view and making my oat field as strong as possible.
Speaker 1: You've got serious power on this team with Adella Suzuki or Rosarina Langford. I mean, look, Dela Cruz might not hit fift, but if you told me he has thirty eight, it wouldn't surprise me. That guy's got huge, huge batspeed.
Speaker 2: Yeah. No, I again, I'm there's a big difference between Elie de la Cruz's floor and potential ceiling, and if he gets to his potential ceiling with the other picks I've made after him. Yeah, I like my offense a lot, I really do.
Speaker 1: I think Elie de la Cruz has Ronald Acunya kind of power speed upside. I don't think he's as good of hitter. But if you told me it's it's forty eighty, I mean I wouldn't think that's like totally crazy. Forty sixty for sure, something like that, I would be shocked.
Speaker 2: No, I'll be back in a second. Okay, I just have to grab some more blood pressure medication. Then I got to get it down a little bit here. Rich No, but again, the se is incredibly high. It is and it is, and it sort of sets things up for picks Lake, Adele and Suzuki because I, between the La Cruz, Langford and Rose Brena, I've got a good, really good stolen base base. So I can go to guys like Adele and suzuk He and not have to worry about the fact that they're going to give me combined for sooln bases. Right, I can just hard the power.
Speaker 1: Elie de la Cruz and Ronalicun you're good buddies. And you know, if led La Cruz gets out of the gets off the snipe strong, which I hope he does, it begunning for that twenty twenty two or twenty three season of Ronald d'acunya. You could see him doing that. You can see him stealing bases just to catch Ronald d'acunya.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, you know when you look at the numbers he posted last year, half the season was with a damaged qud. Okay, you give him a healthy qlud and I think last year we were here easily stole in fifty five dayses.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that big year was twenty twenty three, forty one, seventy three.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't think Elie dela Cruz is going to hit three thirty seven, but I think that kind of that kind of season of forty sixty seventy season is definitely an el dela cruise. He's going to do it at some point, hopefully it'll be this season, but I think it's it's in there. Let's see anything to say about let me I have I know a question I wanted. You talked a lot about Eurie Perez.
Speaker 2: Did you did you.
Speaker 1: Have a fleeting moment of taking Uri Perez where he took Freddy Peralta, And if you did, did you hesitate because he has been not very good in spring training so far. I mean, what was your thinking or did you just say Freddy Peralt is the better pitcher and more established picture, I'm going to take him. What was your thinking there, Ury?
Speaker 2: I love Euri Perez, and if he was still there in the sixth round, he was, he was taken right before me. Okay. I had two players at the top of my queue, and the order I had them in was Uri Perez and Randy Road Arena.
Speaker 1: So you would have taken your Perez.
Speaker 2: Wow, I would have. I would have gone with the third picture there and scraped my plans for my down in round eleven. Okay, And I would have I would have found my stole bases somewhere later on down the road. No, I my thoughts on Euripez I haven't haven't changed one bit.
Speaker 1: Even with the lousy start, because it wasn't just a lousy first start, it was a lowsy first two starts. That is not swaying your concern at all.
Speaker 2: No. I heard he's he's working on his fielding, and the more hits he can allow in spring training, the better fielder he'll back.
Speaker 1: He's gonna get. Okay, Yeah, yeah, yeah, I'm.
Speaker 2: Not concerned about Euriperez.
Speaker 1: No, Okay, all right, So it's funny I've not heard that strategy yet. When when does? Because again, spring training shiit an account for anything. We're going to get to a maya for a moment, because he didn't have very good first outing. If you ask me, when do you start to get worried? If Uri Perez blows up again in his next outing, do you start to get worried? Or you just say, no, it's a spring training.
Speaker 2: It's just spring training. Okay. The only time I will get worried is if after his next start the Marlins announced that he's dealing with a sore elbow or his forearm seemed a little you know, a minor forearm streen. At that point in time, you have to get concerned no matter who it is.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, it did it. So you're not worried obviously because you took the maya that he pretty much was throwing ninety three miles an hour.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, I'm not concerned. He works, He works ninety four ninety five. It's his first outing. No, I'm not concerned at all. I'm sure if he wanted to, he could have ramped it up. He threw half a dozen bitches, one hundred triple digits. He can if he can throw it that hard. He's it's spring training, he's building building his arm strength up. I have no concerns He'll be fine.
Speaker 1: Tim goes with twelve, Abner ureba J Jackson, Holiday drops a little bit, Tim jumps on him. Garrett Cole loved that pick there at fourteen. Just to let you know a team make on him in the nineteenth round.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I probably, I probably could have waited. But every time I turn around, I see his they're moving up his targeted start. If I can get at half a season out of Garrett Cole at eighty percent seventy five to eighty percent of what we're accustomed to, I'll be very happy.
Speaker 1: Look, anything can happen, but it is Garrett Cole. Well, I mean the Garrett Cole on a Hall of Fame career. This is Instill in his prime. I mean, this is this is one of the best pitchers in the game. And I don't know, fourteenth eighteenth, nineteenth round seems crazy to me.
Speaker 2: Well, again, you're you're betting. You're betting on earlier rather than later, and hopefully we see him towards mid May. And if that's the case, we're looking at twenty potentially twenty plus starts. That's that's a lot of seventy five percent of Garrett Cole and his prime to add to your team once you get into me, and so you.
Speaker 1: Get a replacement level guy to fill in with him, and I think it's gimme, gimme, gimmey there. Okay, So you got Garrett called fourteen Carlos, So you did wait on catching because you go Carlos Avaiz in the fifteenth, and then Harry Ford in the twenties, to talk about that in a minute, and then south fray Lick in the sixteenth. Robbie Snelling also got beaten up in his first outing. And you waited on shortstop and you went Mason when and you also waited on first base, and you got Josh Bell. I mean, it's so this is a very interesting area because we're seeing the effects of taking three outfielders early and taking four or five starting pitchers early. You waited on shortstop and you waited on first base.
Speaker 2: Well yeah, and as soon as I moved Abner yourrebay up into round twelve, which I think, which I love that pick, I really do, I took your Rebay over Trevor McGill who went two picks after me. Okay, I yeah, McGill. We'll talk about him a little bit more when we get into the closer reports. But again, he had Pierre perp shot in the off season. He's never made it through a season in his career. I don't think one hundred percent healthy. Your Rebay's got the stuff to close and at worst, I think I've got eight to ten saves and close to one hundred strike up. So I again, I was very happy to get Avenue Urebay in the twelfth round. But with those two closers there comes a price in the price's first base catcher and the middle infield. The middle infield, I wasn't too concerned about the corner infield and catcher. Yeah. Hey, we were at the stage of the draft where if I didn't look to Carlos nirvaias you can see the catchers taken after and it was getting pretty pretty ugly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm looking at it. So but I guess the old saying is you can't have everything right, So you gotta when you make when you're in the draft and in the heat of it, when you decide to take an Avenue Rebay early, or you decide to go with three out well, four outfielders.
Speaker 2: Early, you got a delta folders.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean you're yes, something's gonna fall. And I guess the most troubling pick a long term owner of Josh Bell. Here myself.
Speaker 2: Josh Bell's brutal.
Speaker 1: I mean, he'll have three weeks where he looks like the best first base in baseball, but you can't tell when those first three weeks are gonna be. Otherwise it's awful.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm praying Reecee Hoskins keeps the job in Cleveland. Yeah, I know what I've got with Josh Bell. At the end of the year, hopefully it should be twenty home run sixty RBIs and a two forty batting average. But you're right in between there, there's gonna be six weeks of nothing. At some point you die. It's gonna it's inevitable.
Speaker 1: It is it is your I mean, look, trust me, Timmy, it's gonna You're gonna look at it go oh dear God, why did I draft this guy? And then then all of a sudden'll blow up and go Okay, But you got to make sure you have him in otherwise you're screwed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, No, he's gonna be in my lineup and barring Reese Hoskins being you know or something on the waiver wire, Okay, availability there. Yeahs, I'm just gonna have to live with it. And I knew that when I picked up. Yeah, it's just yeah, you'll live with it and life goes off.
Speaker 1: You took Reese Hoskins in the twenty fourth round, so we'll get to that in a moment and then, but tell me how you feel about Carlos Nevaias and Combo and Harry Ford.
Speaker 2: Well, I've also got Joe Mack that I picked up. Okay, Preserver, Yeah, I'm sort of Hey, if I can get ten home runs and ten to fifteen home runs and fifty stove and fifty RBIs and Ovice, I'll be ecstatic. Harry Ford's fighting out with cab Ruiz for the number one job in Washington. I know he's young, but again there's a little bit of speed there, a little bit of pop. I like Harry Ford. And again I've I've protected myself. I believe with a catcher that if he doesn't break camp, we're going to see him fairly early and Joe Max, so hopefully between the three of them. You know, I can. I can end up with a total of twenty to twenty five home runs and one hundred and one hundred and ten hundred and fifteen RBIs.
Speaker 1: Great Breyon Bellow in the twenty first round, Victor Scott more Speed and the twenty Marcella Mayor and the twenty third res Hoskins. We already mentioned twenty fourth and back to back potential closers and Jojo Romero, though I think in your closure lets you have Jojo Romero listed as the closer, which I found to be interesting dra Jamison. I actually picked him up a couple of our Dynasty league redrafts because I looked at Tim's report and had Kevin Ginkle in the number one spot and I said, no, thank you, Jamison.
Speaker 2: And well, he's the only guy that's got heating a bullpen. Paul See will take an eighty nine miles an hour with the heat eater. Okay, I if you're going to call down, I've.
Speaker 1: Been down the in the Ginkle path too many times. Yeah, you know.
Speaker 2: It. No, I'm I'm not either. And I think with Jojo Romero, and you look at the situation with him and O'Brien. Uh, I think Romero is going to get five to ten saves by the time it's all said and done.
Speaker 1: And as a third, Brian a few weeks ago, that was your sleeper sleeper guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I still think O'Brien could be the number one, but all it's gonna take is just a small stump stump stumble, and Romero is going to pick up some saves. And Matt Svence and I like a lot as a number three when we get into some sleeper some sleeper picks all rant on about him. But again out of a third closer, if I can get five to ten saves, that should guarantee me with your eBay and Muno, is that a solid bullpen.
Speaker 1: Uh? And then you finish up with Joe Mack. You mentioned Aben Miller, which I thought was an interesting picking. Then your guy Ryan Weese, Uh, Tim is that's his guy's bank on getting them in the twenty ninth round. I think it's great. Anybody in the twenty ninth round is a great pick, but a Miller above all the other guys that was really this is a somewhat of an anti Tim McCloud draft, because that's really your well, I mean it's not fair to say Amaya in Okamoto or true rookies. I mean they are, but they're not. This is your true prospect that you've got out there.
Speaker 2: Hem and Robbie Snelling, Yeah, seventeen. Yeah, so I I've got I've got a lot of you are a lot of youth on this game. You know, we look at Mason Winn as a bed dream. He's twenty three, you know. Yeah, there's there's a lot of you know, Wyatt Langford and Dela Cruz combined.
Speaker 1: It.
Speaker 2: I don't think at the forty five. Uh, there's a lot of youth on this team. But again, I think we're gonna see I'm prepared to wait on Miller. I think at some point in time this season, we're going to see you. It's just a matter of when. And I think when he does show up, I think what he could potentially bring to your fantasy squad is a lot of goodness. So I'm prepared. I'm prepared to kick back and see what Aiden Aiden Miller does does down on the farm for at least months and a half, two months, yeah.
Speaker 1: I think, Uh, I don't think he's played in spring yet, so I don't know if he must be.
Speaker 2: Hurt, Yeah, in a lower back issue. I believe yeah, because he goes.
Speaker 1: I keep waiting for for that bath to come up, and I haven't seen it yet. Uh So, Timmy, let's take a quick break it back. And I just want me. I mean, I like your team. I want you. I want you to give me kind of your assessment of your team and what you think you're going to have to work on besides first base. I like your scene. I mean, did a lot of things I did in my NFCT and I like my NFC draft. You took a lot of the targets, which I doubt you looked at mine. You just kind of came to the same conclusions that I did. So I like it. I could be dead wrong. Do you like it? And then what are the areas you think you need to focus on?
Speaker 2: I like it a lot. Obviously, A corner infield. You know, corner infield is going to be a priority. And I've got there's six or seven names I've already got stashed away in my queue for the first waiver wire around. I'll see what happens with Reesaucekins. If he breaks camp, I'll exercise some patience and see what happens in the first couple of weeks. But definitely a corner infielder. And you know what, it doesn't matter how much pitching you have, you never have enough, Okay, So I at some point in time, I'll be watching very carefully to look at you know, I like my pitching. But at the same point in time, Hey, pitchers get hurt, they break, so you can never have enough of them. Ryan Weiss, I'm very very bullish on Hey, if you can snack him in the twenty eighth, twenty ninth round, nothing but upside with that pick. Hey, it might not work out, but based on what he did last it's a free pick.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's no bad pick in the twenty ninth round, so.
Speaker 2: Well exactly and last year, if it wasn't for Cody Ponce, he would have been the KBO MVP. That's how good a season he had last year. So I'm willing to I'm willing to wait and see how that one shakes down. Then hey, if that one works out, Yeah, it's definitely definitely well as much the same as you know, guys like Joe Mack and Miller, and you know, you're rolling the dice and you're hoping for a best case scenario if they If it doesn't happen, well, you know my philosophy when it comes to the way of waiverwere spend lots, spend early, get get the numbers, and roll with it. So I'm I'm really happy with the team. They shook down just about how I was hoping it would. Like Jackson Holiday in the thirteenth round. Yeah, it's going to be a slow start for him, no doubt. But if he goes fifteen fifteen with a half decent bed, you know in the thirteenth round, that works.
Speaker 1: I say, there's no bad picks on the twenty ninth round and I see Spencer Jones is name there? That guy's definitely not That guy's not a subscriber, that's for sure.
Speaker 2: So no, but again you look at the last the last round, and yeah, Bo Naylor has a strong September. There's upside will Vest trillion.
Speaker 1: We're pulling for will Vest. So yeah, I don't know about Dustin May. I see Dustin May. I don't like that. I think Dustin May does have anything left, but I get it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, No, again, it's gambling on some upside and when you look at how the the guy that has Dustin May constructed his pitching, he has one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight nine. Ten of his last eleven picks we're all pitchers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Chris, because he got Cody Ponce, Code Singer, Rookie Sasaki, Jor Jones, he got Kinkle. That's funny.
Speaker 2: He's going to have two or three of those guys work out for him. But again, yeah, most of his reserve pitchers. Wow, yep, yeah, yeah, Mike went basically other than Quarrel, he is all pitching. And again, much like everybody else knows, you can never have enough of it, right, you might as well load up now. Well, it's free because once you get in season, the injuries start happening. If you're late on pitching, you're going up against fourteen other teams who also might be dealing with the with pitching issues. Eh. So yeah, again, I look at the team right beside Mike, who is Jeff Ericson from wire six? His last six picks were all pitchers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that's for sure. Well I hope you too. Well, when is when is your talent warst Draft? That's in a couple of weeks right.
Speaker 2: Uh no, it's just it's just coming Tuesday, really okay, wow, yeah, and then a couple of weeks. Yeah, it's usually the first week of March. Labor is a little bit later than normal. Usually it's around the fifteenth or so. But because of the Olympics, Steve Gardner was a very very busy camp for over at USA. Today he's a commission of Labor. So we pushed it back a couple of weeks.
Speaker 1: So okay, well, very good. So let's moved some quick neat news and notes and then we'll get into the closer report. Very excited about the Closer report, Zach. Look, he keeps getting like Garrett Cole. He keeps keeps getting pushed up to him. Now they're saying that it's going to be April ninth, he's going to make his major league debut, which is only a week or two late. He hasn't risen much of the ADPs. Again, he's coming off of thoracic outlock syndrome surgery, which is they take out a hip not a hip bone, a bone in your oh what is it your ribcake? Yep, and reduces the pressure on the arms. Somehow, they were able to figure that out. But it's been difficult to come back from that surgery and from that condition. So I get why nobody's believing in him. But just like with Garrett Cole, it is Zach Wheeler one of the best pictures in this era of the game, says a guy that you're starting to get interested in.
Speaker 2: No, I'm going to pass because my philosophy, the way I'm building my pitching is year is I want some of those one hundred and eighty plus strikeout types. Okay, Well, you ain't going to get them in the eighth round, okay, or if you do, you're getting them with a whole bunch of caveats. So for me, I hopefully have three starting pictures that will satisfy my particular needs by the time we get to Zach Wheeler. Okay, So he falls out of interest with the way I'm building my teams. You know, if you're looking at Wheeler as a number four starter, I'm I'm okay with that, okay, because you've got three starters ahead of him to anchor your rotation. If you're looking at him as a number three, that's a little bit too much risk for me. Rich I would just hey, I hope it works out. I hope Zach Wheeler returns to, you know, the form that we've seen over the past five six years. But again that surgery and the risk associated with it. Like I said, as a number four, yeah, okay, as a number three, that's a pass for me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'd like to see I think he could really go up if if we see him in spring training, which we should soon, if he's throwing ninety seven miles an hour and dominating, I think he's going to start flying up draft charts, and I think rightly, so.
Speaker 2: Yeah, then you'll end up buying him as a number two, which I won't, which I won't do either. I'll look at a Freddy Perralta type or Dylan Cees and much more comfortable dynasty.
Speaker 1: League owners or managers need to not again. Things can change. But Zach Wheeler has said a couple of years ago, and to reiterate it again last year, this is his last season he wants to do.
Speaker 2: He said twenties. Yeah, he said twenty seven, okay, his last season.
Speaker 1: But I thought it was twenty six.
Speaker 2: Yeah. No. I took and looked up the article on today and it says twenty seven will be his final season. Right now, it doesn't look like we're going to have a twenty twenty seven, so twenty twenty six could be it rich.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I told my wife about the debacle with Tony Clark. She just shook her head, like, what's wrong with these guys? Like I have no idea?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I I don't know, But like we discussed last week Thanks Thanksgiving in that household, it's going to be not good definitely on let's see.
Speaker 1: So that's first, and we already talked about Himaya, you're not worried about his debut. He did not look good ninety three point three. It was only an any It was a clean aning. It wasn't the result, it was just the fastball was not what I think anybody thought it would be. The other guy that I'm starting to get a little worried about, and he is starting to drop in drafts, and that is Josh hater because there is no timetable. The report came out yesterday for him to start throwing yet, and this is starting to get disconcerting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Abner Yurib should go a little bit ahead of Brian a Bray, but not by much. I think you've got to be moving a bray you up somewhere between twelfth, thirteenth, fourteenth round and again when you start looking at the strikeout potential from U Braid in addition to the fact that he is the unquestioned, unquestioned number two guy in that bullpen. I'm the sort of guy that I'm staying away from Hater, but I'm all over a brave you, okay. And once I see Hater off the board, yeah, my interest in a Brewer gets gets drawn to the fore rather quickly. I'll take him the next round or the round after that right away, just just because I like a Brellier. I Hey, if Hater is healthy, that's great. But man, I don't think he's going to start the season on time. So you're already pushing it back a little bit. If they rush him, who knows what's gonna what's gonna shake down. I'm just not comfortable with it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think it's a pass for me as well. I Mean, look at this Josh Hater. We've been talking about Hater and Garrett Cole and Zach Wheeler. These are like stallwarts, and it's like you can't believe that they're hurt and that they might not have a great season. But when you haven't thrown and it is March first, that's a problem.
Speaker 2: Yet, well, yeah, it's it's a rather big one. I just don't I'm just staying away. Hey, it could work out fine, but I'm not taking that chance. I'll invest in a brave before I invest in ad this year. So interesting.
Speaker 1: Two interesting spring training stats versus a really weird one. Vance Honeycut, the young outfielder with the Baltimore Orioles, has gotten three at bats. He's got three home runs. Last year he struck out about half the time. How about your the there's anything there, but it is a weird stat that actually made MLB dot com When you go there, it's the lead story, Sarah, I know that, and uh uh. Connor Griffin also has three hits and three home runs. He's been up more times, but he did go one for three today with another home run. So thoughts on Connor Griffin are you, if you're if you're a Pittsburgh Pirates fan, are you getting excited that there's a chance he breaks camp or does he need more time seasoned?
Speaker 2: Uh? I think that the most excited I would be is when I heard back in November that he was getting an invite to camp, and the Pirates' Powers to Be said, yeah, we're going to give him a little bit legitimate chance to hold down, hold down, the hold down, the fort breaking camp. That's when I would have been at my peak. Uh again there, I believe you mentioned it when we were off air, before we got on the You know, the Pirates are looking at extending him an offer. Well, they extend him an off or he takes it, Yeah, he'll be there. If not, I think he's back in the minors.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't think for long. Look the I'll say it, I'll say it again. It's all about Paul Skeens. The Pittsburgh Pirates will not be able to re sign Paul Skeens. And as we've seen with the Tigers and Tarrek Schoogle, they're going to do everything they can to win with Paul Skeens. And because you're not, Paul Skeens is not he's not going to be in the Pittsburgh organization. Another type of guy like Paul Skeans for a long long time. It's just he's just a unicorn and you got to go for it. And if if you can bring up Connor Griffin and let him struggle for a couple of months before he takes off. I think you do that and you're playing for the second half of twenty twenty six, but more likely twenty twenty seven, where you start to get this core group that can really make things move.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and again I hope that's eroded Irates, you know, take But I do remember when Andrew McCutcheon was in his prime. The Pirates had a very very good team, and they had a loaded minor league system, and they didn't bring any of their minor leaguers up. They just played through it. They went to I believe, back to back wild card situations, one and done and that was all she wrote. So I just don't know what direction Pittsburgh's going to go in. They've already proven in the past, you know, their commitment is to the wallet. Let's let's hope that's not going to be the case with Connor Griffin and we see him sooner as compared to later.
Speaker 1: Rich I know, we get a lot of listeners, a lot of new listeners this time of year as they're prepping for the draft and we're getting it into our closer report in a minute here. But if I made timmy need, I need to emote about something that that I found out about this week. May I do that?
Speaker 2: Yes, nothing beats a good Rich Wilson rant to conclude our opening notes.
Speaker 1: So we sold our beach house in North Carolina, and before you know, we were there moving stuff around. And I wanted to watch a game on MLB and I brought it up on the TV and it was blank. It just was black. And you know, I had the MLB app. It was a Samsung TV and it just didn't work. And you know, we had too much stuff going on. I said, look, I wanted to have this in the background. I don't. I don't know what the problem is. I'll figure it out later. Get back up here. I want to watch a game on MLB this past week. And I go to and I have MLB TV. I've had it for years and I go, yes, bring up, bring up the app and it's black, Like what's going on here? So I start to dig in and you know, I waste an hour of my time. Turns out my TV and it's not like these TVs are old tim and Samsung's the biggest maker of televisions. This is not like I got some winkedine kind of this is a Samsung. Well yeah, right, that's right, I think so. And my TV is not supported by MLB TV. I'm like, what do you mean my TV is not supported? It's it's like a like a generic it's not like something fancy. It's just a TV.
Speaker 2: And it's not like my twenty six inch color that's sitting in the living room right now. It's real.
Speaker 1: It's you know, it's it's what you know. It's everything else works, Netflix, who look, you name it. They all work, and they all worked at the beach House thing. So I'm like, what the hell is going on? All of a sudden, I start to dig into it and it's like, well, MLB has now decided to work with ESPN for the next three years, and they're no longer really supporting their MLB dot TV app and you've actually got to go through ESPN to get the MLB package. I'm like, what the hell, Like what do you mean? So I'm like, how do I do that? And I'm trying, and I'm not a rocket scientist. I'll give everybody now, but I'm pretty technically savvy and I cannot figure out how to purchase this thing. And they say, well, we have a cable provider, per FiOS. Well you got to contact FiOS and they'll cook it up to your ESPN. And I couldn't figure that. It just didn't happen. They never sent me an email. So then I get on the phone with the ESPN people and they said, well, you got to let your MLB TV package kind of expire, which is to day or yesterday, and it finally expired, and then we'll get you all set up. So I got to get back on the phone with the ESPN guys, Timmy, just to get it set up. You go through the Espn ESPN app. You no longer go through MLBtv. I'm like, why did they do this? Like it worked? Fine, I don't get it.
Speaker 2: There's got to be money. It's got to be money rich. That's the only reason MLB does anything.
Speaker 1: Well, I dug a little bit deeper and they want you to sign up for ESPN Unlimited. Now again, if you cancel ESPN Unlimited, which it gives you every sport known to mankind, you can still keep the MLB TV, but you've got to subscribe to it for a month. So that's the ESPN hook. But apparently my understanding is with all of the regional networks going out of business, they've all, they've all. MLB TV is going to be basically broadcasting all of their local stations, and that's why they decided to hook up with ESPN. Because ESPN's got a more technical savvy and a broader reach to do all of that. That's the reason they've they've done it, but for me, they've made it very, very inconvenient. Now, maybe it'll work out better, but it has been a royal pain.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know, I'm very happy with my one hundred and sixty two games minus Peacock of Toronto Blue Jays. I'm not even gonna bother. I'm not even gonna you're gonna bother trying to play that game, Rich, I said, I can see enough baseball. Granted it's gonna be blue Jay heavy, but that's crazy. You would think it would make it as easy as possible to get people to pay them money, and and in turn they're not.
Speaker 1: Are they everything that you buy today, Timmy is click here, you click it, put in your credit card, another click, done, And this was like, no, you got to call talk to somebody and it's like, what is going on? I mean, this is and like the NFL, all that stuff just works, like this stuff is just made. They made it so difficult, and I just don't get it.
Speaker 2: No, I Hey, I I support your your angst. I'm just not gonna have anything to do with it. Hey, I'm like the country. I'll probably have sixteen extra buttons to hit. Okay, yeah, I don't want to play around with that. If they don't, if they don't want your money, find a find a different avenue would be my suggestion.
Speaker 1: It to stop getting certain televisions is so lame, like this tell us and just be up front and open to say, hey, by the end, by March first, you got to switch over. Here's a button to click, and you'll be good. But no, it wasn't that. It was all hidden and it's like it wasn't anything obvious as to what to do, and it was very annoying.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I can see. I just made my last pick in a fifty round draft and hold I went with a Rockies pitcher. Can you believe that you did what?
Speaker 1: I'm gonna go?
Speaker 2: Uh, Quintana, no one mahea, oh okay to.
Speaker 1: Me to come back and let's do your closer report. The original, the initial closer report for twenty twenty six.
Speaker 2: Looking forward to it.
Speaker 1: Last year, the closer report was pretty stable throughout the year. Obviously, when the trade deadline came, it became crazy because all the competing teams took everybody's closer and put them together on their team to create these super relief. Course, when you're looking at the table here, do you think it's going to be another stable year where you're going to have guys that are going to remain as closers, or do you see a more typical year which is upside down and backwards and ford Every week there's multiple pictures that are the closer for a particular team.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, if you go back to twenty twenty four, okay, life was good. All the closer state closers. It was rather boring in twenty twenty four, and then we headed in it last year, and yeah, the early thinking was, well, I worked in twenty twenty four, could go wrong in twenty twenty five, and everything went wrong at least in the second half of the season. Right now, I'm looking at a grand total of nine teams running committees, okay, which is a third of your bullpens in baseball have not established a defining closer. That's a third of the teams in the game. I think we're going to have more of twenty twenty five, except I think it's going to be more of a season. Yeah, it's gonna be more of a full season shuffle, not just a two to three months. I think it's I think it's gonna be a dog's breakfast. And again that's one of the reasons why when looking at the established i'll call elite closers. Yeah, there's there's a group of five of them. Okay, that fit that quality for me. After that you're into a middle tier and after that you're trying to toss educated darts. So for me, getting one of those top five closures is imperative.
Speaker 1: For all of us Americans, I'm going to give everybody. Ah, I'm going to save you from having to go to your computer. A dog's breakfast or dog's dinner is an informal British idiom for something that is a total mess, chaotic, or extremely badly done. It refers to disorganization, disorganized, botched, or poorly arranged situation. There you go, So that just that was what dogs used, dog's breakfast, and that's that's a rare term that you use. So I just wanted to give everybody a heads up at origins was the nineteen thirties suggested if you felt like cooking or a task that results an only fit for a dog, that's that's entomology of it. So there you go.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, the Canadian equivalent to that is cluster blank.
Speaker 1: Okay, we have that one too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, we had to with American idiot.
Speaker 1: North American idiot. But the dog, the dog's breaths, that's very very funny. Okay, send me. So let's so, why don't you go through, Uh, I'm gonna read out teams and tell me where you start to get worried. Dodgers, Mariners, Phillies, Edwin, Diz Muno, is Durant.
Speaker 2: Good, Yeah, we're good. Up to that, we're good. Up to Kate Smith at number five.
Speaker 1: Okay, so Mason Miller, Kate Smith with the padres and guardians, So they're your elite? Would you consider them to be the elite? Closer?
Speaker 2: Yes, those those five again, when I look at them, Miller seems to be the primo choice. Right now? Is number one as the number one overall. I've down shifted a bit on Miller because at one hundred and five miles an hour, I just don't know how much how much that arm is gonna take. Okay, we saw a minor league history which was what seventeen innings or something like that. Yeah, he just couldn't stay healthy. I've shifted Miller down, but the top five are all elite, and I recommend them as targets, targets for everyone. After that we get into the middle core.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've never actually rostered Mason Miller. I mean, and it's sole reason. It's not his stuff, which is some of the best in the game. If you could just take a look at I mean, it's absolutely off the chart. I mean, it's just he's never been able to stay healthy. Except when he got to the major leagues. He's basically been health He's had a couple of stints, But I don't think God intended for man to throw one hundred and five miles an hour one hundred and four. I just thought, I'm sure that works.
Speaker 2: Well. I you know how we always say pitchers break Okay, of the top of the top five, if you had to factor in injury risk, which is what I've tried to do. I man four, it's like it. I agree totally is stuff is unbelievable. But how long can he continue to do what he's done. I don't know, there's doubt in my mind.
Speaker 1: So I just as an aside, I've actually talked with a lot of pitching gurus or guys who study the kinesiology of pitching in the mechanics and so forth, and the number I have heard is the absolute upper limit for the human body to be able to throw a baseball would be about one hundred and six to one hundred and seven miles an hour. They do not believe that man can go over that. Now, they also believe you couldnt run a four minute mile, and people blew past that. But that's seems what these experts believe is somewhere around. So we're getting pretty close with Mason Miller at being at the absolute upper limit to what people believe a human body is capable of.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I started to look at one hundred miles an hour right now for me, you that's that's throwing the ball hard, one hundred and one, one hundred and two, every everything over and above that. I think has got to increase the opportunity for injury. That's my that's that's my training of thoughts. He had one O two, one o three, one oh four. Yeah, he might have three more miles per hour in the tank, but one hundred and four miles an hour he's bringing it. That's an incredible pressure on that arm.
Speaker 1: And you kill you do get unicorns like a rolled as Chapman. That just thirty eight. He's just continued to throw one hundred miles an hour and nothing seems to slow this guy down. But most guys break and lebron Jay is you know the Yankee young Yankee kid who I saw Tom last season. It's the next guy who said one O two, one oh three consistently. You know, it's just you just you just worry about guys. Let that throw that hard.
Speaker 2: Bring him up right now, use him, use him quick, you know, take advantage of take advantage of that situation. Wilet's at hand. The longer you wait, obviously, the yeah, the odds aren't your favor right.
Speaker 1: The next group being tell me when to stop Yankees with bender braves, with the glaciers, Mets with Williams Orioles with Hellsley Red Sox with Chapman, Marlin's with Fairbanks, Blue Jays with Hoffman Brewers with mcgilli.
Speaker 2: No, sorry, no, keep keep going rich sorry yes with Palencia, Correct Royals with Ess Right.
Speaker 1: You gotta stop at Reds with Pegan. That's that's ah. Where does the middle tier end?
Speaker 2: The middle tier ends for me at Santana.
Speaker 1: Okay, So, okay, so we've got bagone Kenley Janssen. Oh, just rusher for me with all my with all my shares of will Best.
Speaker 2: Uh yeah, you'll do well with will Best.
Speaker 1: Danny Santana. Yeah, I say the next group starting with Domingos, so please.
Speaker 2: Yes, and going right down that list, that is your.
Speaker 1: That's your problemings down to Ginkle.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's yeah. I think if you look at everybody in the group that we just mentioned, they're all capable of being fine closers. But there's also question marks associated with each and every one of them. Right now, Okay, the group below Santana, there's question marks with everybody across the board in that mess. That's you're you're getting into that dog's breakfast. Toss a dark part of the program.
Speaker 1: Out of that middle tier. Give me two to three, two or three guys that worry you the most that you know, hey, they got the job. It looks pretty secure, but something there wereries you either the setup or next guy in line are too good to keep down, or that the person who's the closer now doesn't typically keep their job, or is there anybody in there that worries you in that middle tier.
Speaker 2: I have no shares of Jeff Hoffman, okay, and I lean to be a Jays fan. You know, their Canada's team, and yeah, so be it. But you know, hey, the Jays said at the end of last year that you know, upgrading their bullpen was going to be a priority. Well they picked up Tyler Rogers. Okay, yeah, good picture. He hasn't traditionally been a ninth inning guy. But Jeff Hoffman last year was a roller coaster coaster ride, and I don't think it's going to be anything but the same heading into this year. Okay, so hey, we're going to see Hoppins got the job. The thing that change is that when he takes the downswing on that roller coaster ride, then you're gonna see Rogers and Louis Arland enter into the equation. I think fairly quickly, so Jeff Hoffman, Nogel, the Brewers, Hey, McGill, Nogel, I will invest in Abner Eureba, but I will not touch McGill. Josh Hader right now? Why not?
Speaker 1: McGill has been somewhat consistent.
Speaker 2: He hasn't had a full season where he hasn't ended up on the IL at some point in time. He had a PRP thing for his four arm elbow in the offseason. That doesn't say to me that anything is going to change as far as his health status. For he's a good pitcher and he's capable of twenty five to thirty saves. But even right now in Milwaukee, coming out of Milwaukee, they're very they're very comfortable with abnue Uiba in the ninth inning, and they've stated that, they've stated it might be a committee Okay, right out of the gate. That's how comfortable they are with your rebate. So why would you pay any sort of premium for McGill? I? Hey, I drafted your rebate in labor two spots before McGill was draft drafted. So that's that's where my thoughts are.
Speaker 1: See and Glacias you mentioned, really struggled and part of the the the season and Robert Suarez. I'm I'm not looking at the data, but he was the top closer over the last three years in terms of number of saves I have. I'm not me personally, but if I had him in a Donasty league, would you be dropping Robert Suarez or would you be looking to acquire Robert Suarez?
Speaker 2: Uh? Acquire. I think Iglesias is the guy that they want for this year. But in the event we see a repeat of when you you know where he struggled last year. I only think Braves will hesitate at all to bring Suarez into the ninth inning. Okay, they won't run two months of a struggling ratio to Glacias in twenty twenty six. That that just will not happen. If I had a Glacias, I'd want a handcuff in Robert Suarez.
Speaker 1: Definitely same same here, and I'm hoping somebody drops Robert Swares in our dynasty es. I think that's the guy that you want. I mean, he's he's all these challengers came to him, and even Mason Miller. He was when the Padres acquired Mason Miller was still Robert Suarez. That was closing after they cut Mason Miller. So he's has turned away better pictures than him. It just keeps getting it done.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and hey, Suarez is a great picture. So, like I said, I that's that's where you get into you know, you look at bed near. Okay, he's had his moments over the past few years where he's been a free agent in Dynasty leagues. People have cut him loose because he's been that bad over the past couple of years, he's hurt Glaciers, has had his moments. Devin Williams we talked about in the last segment. Hellsley didn't look great in the second half. Our oldest Chapman is the thirty eight Pete Fairbanks had a hard time getting a job. Hoffman. We saw that McGill, hell Josh Hader, who knows what's going to happen there before the beginning of the year. I actually like Danny Palentia bit with the cup.
Speaker 1: Ye I know you do, man. I like Filmington too. Yeah, he's a solid pitcher mm hmm.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Palentia can really brand, you know, you get to ask of his and be gone. Henry Jensen, Santana, some of these guys will get moved like Kenley Jansen. I don't see a thirty plus save season in there. I think he'll be the principal closer, but I think they'll also be enough for will Vest to get eight to ten saves in there. They're not going to work Henry Jansen in three out of four days.
Speaker 1: Sorry, buddy, talking on what's what's the chances of Amelia? But God, lightning striking twice here in him having another is phenomenal last season.
Speaker 2: Yeah, No, we had a we had a cottage camp in North Bay for years and it got hit by lighting five times. So it can't happen. Rich, it can't happen.
Speaker 1: You weren't in the place when I got hit by lightning?
Speaker 2: Hope three times? Yes?
Speaker 1: Really? What's that light?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Uh? Dark, very quickly, brilliant flash of light, glass all over the place. It imploded the TV s that we were watching TV. There's pace, big noise, big flash, darkness, lots of yelling looking for alcohol and cleaning up the mess.
Speaker 1: That's funny, Timmy. Let's take a break and get back and let's talk about these dreads at the end. Fortunately did this, uh talking about closers every week and we will talk about these last ten or so more times than we than we want to. But that's just the nature of the beast.
Speaker 2: I think it's probably fair to say of the last where is it nine teams or ten teams on this list? They will generate thirty mentions on the waiver water this year.
Speaker 1: That's crazy, Okay, Santa. I mean to mean guys like with the White Sox they signed him. I mean, he's got to get the job. But I don't understand. Grant Taylor looked really good last season. I thought they would. I think you should be a starter. Maybe they're going to make him a multi any reliever. That's why he's not scheduled to close. There's been talked that they'll treat him like they did Chrysale, even though I don't think any there's anybody left in the White Sox organization that was there when Chrissale was there. I get the sentiment, but it just feels Grant Taylor's the best picture in that bullpen.
Speaker 2: I agree. Unfortunately, the White White Sox have got a plan and a path plotted out. Originally I had Grant Taylor as the number two guy, and I've moved him back to number three, and it's got nothing to do with skill and ability. It looks like the White Sox want to get him into multi inning or into a multi inning role. Correct, Okay, Well if that's the case, how do you put him in the number two spot as a setup guy to Domingus? I don't think he can and I think Grant Taylor. They want him to be a starter, and I think he will be, and I think they're following the path that they did with Chris Alee. Okay, and hey, I think he's the best arm of the three, but that's not the plan. And as much as we would like to say he should be the closer, the White Sox are going you know, they're going to be the ones to decide it. So I just don't see many saves. You know, he might pitch the eighth ninth inning a few times, but they want to stretch him out. And I think come the second half he's going to be starting games.
Speaker 1: It's where I think he belongs. But the mean guys, look, I've been down that path way too many times since you have it. It's it never ends. Well. Now, maybe he can pull up a gone and and and they put it all together finally, but no, no, thank.
Speaker 2: You, no, Moss, No, and leisure doesn't suit me at all.
Speaker 1: Did you have a leisure suit when you were in your everybody was right, yeah, yeah, yeah, that's I think it's in high school and that's what everybody was wearing. I mean, it's like you had to have a leisure suit and you look back on him and go, oh my word, I can't believe.
Speaker 2: Before a Yeah, I've had I've had days where I've burnt pictures. Okay, burning picture parties, I'll follow them. Okay, yeah, dear, that couldn't have been me. No, it was not.
Speaker 1: That was not a good That was not a good clothing trend there. Okay, the Rays, Jacks, Clevenger, Baker, it's a committee. I like. I think Jack's is the best best picture in that group.
Speaker 2: Yeah, things have changed with the injury to Ev. When you said, okay, coming into spring, it was a you said at Jack's Clevenger threesome. Well, you said, is dealing with a shoulder impedgement and shoulder issues, and he's out of that mix. And I think the beneficiary there is definitely I think Griffin Jack's I would, if I had to bet, I would I would go sixty forty that he starts in the closer role with the injury to you said of being being a good bit behind that one that decision. So I've got it as a committee for now. But I sort of like Griffin jacks amongst all of the other messes that we're going to discuss.
Speaker 1: And I know most people believe that the Rays run with committees, but if you historically look at their bullpen, they typically have a closer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they do. They you know, they had Troy for Percival for a while, you know, Bear Banks. Yeah, No, they They're not a They're not a team that is hooked into a committee format, right.
Speaker 1: It just sometimes it plays out that way because there's nobody that claim it. So I think if Griffin Jackson gets a shot, and he's always been the setup guy, and I think maybe this onely gives him a chance to be the closer the Giants. I thought it's interesting you had the Giants Walker down a little lower, even though it's a stable situation and he's he held the job pretty much last season. So why is so low with Walker?
Speaker 2: Well, he held the job, he lost the job, he held the job. I I don't know, are we going to see doctor Jeckel or mister hide from Walker? And I'm not sold that we're going to see the good doctor. And right now he's got the it's his to lose. But as we saw last year, he can lose it and I'm just not convinced that won't happen.
Speaker 1: With the athletics, Harris Sterner and Lighter Junior. Does Harris have the I mean, you've got him in the closer slot even though it's a committee. He seems like he is the odds on favorite decent stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think he's the odds on favorite. He held it in September. Okay, the closer bit, but yeah, you got to look at Sterner in that big fastball. He's going to be lurking in the shadows and he's a picture that I rather like heading into heading into drafts, you know, fifteen team drafts. I don't have any problems with somebody causing the dart at Sterner. I think he's a good pitcher. And again, only time will tell, but definitely it's you know, I've a lot of people like Mark Leiter. He's never he's never performed in a closing role.
Speaker 1: Now he was solid with the Yankees for years.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, he's solid. But I I think it's going to be one of Harris or Sterner. And the guy that I like is Sterner for the fastball velocity.
Speaker 1: You've already mentioned you like Jojo Romero a little bit more than than O'Brien. Is that still because you took Romero in the draft?
Speaker 2: Yeah? The the guy that I really like I like. I think Romero and O'Brien are going to be in a committee to start the year. You get to write, you know, lefty there. I think that'll work. But the guy that I really like, go check out Matt Spenson's statcast page. That will bring a smile. I if you've got the space, He's one guy that I would definitely look to add as soon as possible. I think he's got closure written all over.
Speaker 1: And Richard, I'll have to take a look at that. My guy, Victor Vodnick because because I like saying Bodnick someone he is the he's the closer, it says stable. But he'll probably get what twenty five shots course about fifteen games.
Speaker 2: It's the Rockies. Yeah, it's the Rockies. I like Mahea as the number thirty three guy in that bullpen. I just took him with my fiftieth pick in the draft and all the big arm, and I wouldn't be at all shocked to see him find his way into some saves this year in Colorado.
Speaker 1: Robert Garcia seems to be getting the early buzz as the closure with the Rangers. Is that your take as well?
Speaker 2: Yeah, but there, I don't think they've committed to him. You know, they keep talking about Chris Martin, who's I think now thirty eight thirty nine is being in the mix. And hey, when they signed Alexis dis Okay to work out of that ten, is that an endorsement of Robert Garcia. I don't think so. Uh, that to me is it's I'm looking that it's garcias to lose, but I think there's a good chance he might. And I wouldn't be totally shocked to see Alexis d is And uh yeah, I mean.
Speaker 1: He's he's got a pitch better though, because he didn't pitch well last year at all, and.
Speaker 2: Then it was a horrible year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then this he's already got blown up in his first out this spring, so he's got to make up. There's there's definitely some issues there. Angels, Robert Stevenson, Drew Pomeranson, Kirby.
Speaker 2: Yates, and Joyce in the cast a thousand that you had.
Speaker 1: You had me in my NFBC draft. You had me drafting Ben Joyce. I did that when I wanted to do the password, and now Ben Joyce's even on this list.
Speaker 2: Explain yourself, well, you need to develop more columns on this list. Check it slide A fourth and the fifth for certain circumstances. Yeah, there's about four or five guys that could end up saving games. And let's face it, you know Yates is closing in on forty Pomerants and health in the same sentences, and oxymor and Robert Stevenson the same thing, Joyce the same thing. Whoever is healthy and gets back to back chances will hold the job until they're not healthy, which could be a very short period of time. Unfortunately, it's yay, you do what you want with the Angels, but I know what I'm doing, and that's avoiding it. I just no, no, no, no.
Speaker 1: Second, another break, tim me come back and finish this list up and then ask about your closers or excuse me, your sleepers. Tom and I took a quick little break and my wife, Tim was gone today. I'm here in our place. She was at a tea party and brought me home treats. And I'm looking at it and they look really good. Looks like a chocolate scone, some kind of maybe a snickerdoodle, uh cookie. And there's something really fancy looking that's made into a shape of a tea teacup. Teacup.
Speaker 2: So it's very It looks like somebody is going to be generating a sugar rush. Get off the air.
Speaker 1: We might not even wait till we get off the air. It looks awfully offully good.
Speaker 2: So I'm very excited about.
Speaker 1: Uh so, Timmy, let's finish up your list. Here the Angel Stevenson, Palmeran's and Yates or I talked about that. And then what about Topa. You told me to pick him up at the trade deadline? I did should and I guess I should hold on to him, but Sands got the got the job after the trade deadline was over.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's again. I have no idea how this is going to show. You say Topa, You say Sands, I say Topa. You know Taylor Rogers is there. He could he could prove to be the to be the favorite. Again, you want to toss a dark just hey, don't hold onto it too long. I don't have a lot of faith in anybody in that ball. If it wasn't for the Nationals and Diamondbacks, they'd probably it'd probably be thirtieth on this list at this point in time.
Speaker 1: Clayton beat her. The former Yankee down with the Nationals. Cole Henry has been tolling around in the Nationals minor leagues for years. In PJ. Poulan, I'm I'm sure how familiar with him. That's a committee. Is Clayton Peter really going to get the job?
Speaker 2: I think odds are fairly good that he will. The guy that I'd be watching very very closely and carefully early on is PJ. Pullen, And I think he's I think he's got the he's got the arm. I don't know where it's going, but he's got a big arm. And at some point in time I beat her Henry. If they can't get it done in a dynasty format, he'd be a guy i'd be stashing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm at the roster resource page and this is the starting starting pitchers for the Nationals Miles Nicholas, Kate Cavelli and Brad Lord, Josiah Gray and Foster Griffin.
Speaker 2: Wow wow, I like I like Foster Griffin, but the rest you can have him. I think that's a team that's going to work hard to win sixty games.
Speaker 1: That's tough, man, that's tough. Well, yeah, they've got I mean obviously James Wood and c j Abrams and Dale and Lyle had a pretty good season. Dylan Cruz, I mean, we don't know what I mean. It's Ben mcgartis is the starting first basement. Good for him, good for him. Wow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's some there's some potential on the offensive side of the board. Pitching is going to be it's gonna be a tough year, it really is.
Speaker 1: Ben Lacurtizi's definitely a platoon guy. Cannot hit left. He so don't get all excited about him everyone. I mean literally, it's like a two sixty hitter right handed against right handers and like a one fifty. They just can't hit him at all. And then we're down in the Diamondbacks.
Speaker 2: Look your favorite your favorite closer.
Speaker 1: If I may, I'm taking I'm taking this one over. I'm listening to Tim, Kevin Ginkle, Paul Sewalden, Dre Jamison. We've talked about Kevin Ginkle multiple times every year. I have picked him up multiple times and it never works out that maybe again it's it's Emilia Pagonnell over again and all of a sudden he's going to be great. But pepmight be aware of that. Paul Sewell is eighty years old and throws eighty eight miles an hour. Drey Jamison starter, failed starter, great arm, that's the place to go.
Speaker 2: I think that's the place that I'm going. Yeah, I've got several shares of jameson again shortly. But if you look at the three arms that are currently available in Arizona until Justin Martinez gets back mid season, and I think a j Buck's there too. If I'm not, They've got some guys coming back. But Dray Jamison's got the big arm of the big basketball again. He's the guy that I'd be tossing right now.
Speaker 1: It's definitely adult, dark, dark toss at the moment. I mean, Ginkl is the logical guy there, but just been down there so many times. I mean, it's just it just hasn't worked for him so.
Speaker 2: What's the definition of insanity? Right?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Kevin Ginkle.
Speaker 2: That's over and over expecting expecting different results.
Speaker 1: Right, otherwise known as Kevin Ginkle.
Speaker 2: There you go.
Speaker 1: All right, So now I've got to find ten sleeper list here? So oh where did it go? Now? There it is? So, I mean I don't want to talk about it. Well, I think I will ask you the question. Give me two or three guys that are lower in the list, not necessarily on the bottom ten. But every year there's going to be you know, it's going to be the David Bedner that finally puts stuff together and becomes an elite closer. Give me a couple of guys that have a chance to do that this year.
Speaker 2: Elite closers.
Speaker 1: It could be no one by the way, Yeah.
Speaker 2: I if I'm looking at elite, I'm looking at guys that are ninety five mile an hour plus fastballs, big arms. They could be elite. Racial Leglasis has been elite. Yeah, yeah, he could. He could be an elite closer. Problem is, I think he's heading into free agency. I think they've got him this year, and the plan is Suarez takes over next year. So again there's that question where We've seen elite quality stuff out of Devin Williams. Okay uh Pete Fairbanks for a reasonable price this year could generate twenty five thirty saves. Josh Hader reason elite closer with help questions.
Speaker 1: What about Tennis Santana.
Speaker 2: My concern with Santana is that at some point in time, towards the middle of the season, the pirates deal and he ends up being a setup.
Speaker 1: Guy somewhere, all right.
Speaker 2: So that, Yeah, that's one of the reasons that I've got him below Jansen and Amelia Pagan and Carlos Estebez, simply because I think the odds are higher that he has moved as compared to the three guys above him on the list. Here an elite closer. I'm gonna go with the Cubs Daniee Balinche look at his stat cast page. It is it is a thing of beauty. He's got everything required to make that top five, a top six, top seven.
Speaker 1: Good good stuff. Let's go to you. Let's go to your closer or your sleepers list here and I'm going to let you go through in one by one. First is Jeremiah Estrada with the Padres.
Speaker 2: Yeah, again, who's the closer there, it's Mason Miller. Jeremiah Strata that I believe he led all relief pitchers and strikeouts last year. Remember when he was a Cub. We all had such high hopes for Jeremiah Strata. Well, it looks like on the West Coast he's fulfill in those hopes. Adp of four fifty eight. Astrata is a guy that I would definitely be looking at drafting in the regular component of the draft, in the reserve rounds. Of course. I like a Strata a lot.
Speaker 1: You mentioned Justin Sterner already I'm looking at his uh he told me to look at his Baseball Savant page and let's see. Yeah, he is throwing ninety three point five. Nobody hits it, which is good. He's got uh a sweeper that looks like it's got huge whiff rate. It looks pretty good. But I don't it's not a huge thrower. So what am I looking at here? What? What do you really see that's going to jump up?
Speaker 2: Flyball picture Hogan Harris?
Speaker 1: Oh, you just don't think Hogan Harris is going to do it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think there's going to be an opportunity for Sterner. And with an AD four eighty that that's yeah, that's got my attention.
Speaker 1: You just want to when when he gets the job, you just want to go hold again. Okay, that's that's my joke there, all right, Karen wentlocked with Austin former starter.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, Rolls, Chapman's not getting any younger. Okay. Garrett Woodlock's in the setup role and he's pitched very well of late ADP of five twelve. I like Whitlock as a handcuffed Chapman and if you're looking at a reserve round pick, he's next in line, clearly next in line. And again I'm not predicting doom and gloom for Chapman, but it never hurts for the thirty seven thirty eight year old closer to have somebody handy just in case and Chapman. If you look at Chapman's numbers over the past five years, other than the last year, they've been very, very meatyocre for the three years I believe three years prior to last year, So who knows, there's risks.
Speaker 1: Matt Swanson told me to look at his Baseball sav.
Speaker 2: Page during that heavy seat.
Speaker 1: Thrown at ninety seven miles an hour, with Yeah, with a launch angle of five degrees, that means he is an extreme ground ball pitcher with a needs a better sweeper doesn't have a huge whift rate on it, but that sinker looks pretty nasty. Where it's got an expected batting average of two twelve, batting average of one fifty seven, a sweeper's got a betting average of one twenty seven. So that's pretty good stuff. That's a good call by unister McLoud.
Speaker 2: Thanks Rich. And he's in a situation where he's number three behind Romero and Riley O'Brien, so it's not like there's stability in that bullpen at the top end right now. So I like him a lot.
Speaker 1: Louis Varlin, any comment to make there six twenty two ADP. I thought it'd be higher than that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, if you look at Jeff Hoffman, Okay, the Jays were going to address that in the off season. They did, and they brought in Rogers. But Rodgers has never really he's never really been in a closure capacity. He's been a great setup guy, you know, seven to eighth inning type. I think Louis Arlin's got the stuff where he's going to find a way to work himself into some saves, or Jeff Poffin is going to help him work his way into saves this year. I sort of like Louis Barland as a reserve pick.
Speaker 1: We've got Drake Jamison, who with his expected EARRA of eleven so from last year, granted he didn't throw that many pitches fifty three pitches most of the time in the minor league. It's obviously been hurt a lot, but does throw very very hard.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and again, I know where you stand on Kevin yinkel as do. I that bullpen's a bit of a mess. I think we've said before you Jameson's got the best arm. Just have to see how it all unfolds.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's interesting because I think that I don't think the Diamondbacks can compete with the Dodgers, but who can't. But I think they can compete for a wild card spot. I think it's a decent team, and the fact that they've got a bullpen that is as up in the air as it is is a little surprising.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well again, I think I think the reason or the cause for that surprise is they're waiting for Justin Martinez to return mid season.
Speaker 1: But he's coming back from Tommy John surgery, and you said it could become August and be the same guy when he comes back. I mean there's a lot of risk there.
Speaker 2: There is a ton of risk, and it leads me to believe that Arizona isn't anywhere close to being all in, or they would have done something. I think about that bullpen other than bringing paulsy all in.
Speaker 1: Joel Paguero with the Giants, boy would talk about him forever.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I like Paguero, big arm. And when you start looking at the giant situation, if you know it, you're looking at one of one of two players right now, and you know, and for the Giant, and if Walker struggles, you're looking at the worrol. And I believes Eric Miller. Okay, we've seen Walker struggle before. I like the World's arm. He's got a big arm, brings the heat, and I think over the course of the season, he's gonna he's gonna find his way into some saves.
Speaker 1: Tim Brent Mitchenjan Mahea, twenty five year old kid with the Colorado Rockies. Average velocity of ninety six point six with a wicket looking slider thirty four point ten percent whiff rate era last year of three ninety six expected ear rate of two ninety eight. Walks a few too many, but he's a two pitch pitcher with pretty good stuff. That's another good call by mister McLeod.
Speaker 2: Yeah again, you're looking and you're looking at the Rockies and I don't I don't think Bud Nick or Jimmy Hurget. I don't think they're per sae the long term answer, you know, up and down from both of them. It's hard to recommend a Rockies picture, but of all the pictures in Rocky Land, he would be one that I would look at, and you know, the deepest of leagues, I can see the potential is there for him to earn a saber too, and possibly move up in that pecking order. In Colorado.
Speaker 1: VONNC throws really hard, one hundred miles an hour, but it's pretty straight, and guys hit the ball harder than you think. He's got a wicket change up. Nobody hits his change up hard. I mean, it's an batting average of one oh nine, expected batting average one thirty five. I if I were him, he's not throwing his cutter very much, but he's throwing his cutter at ninety three miles an hour. I'd probably throw his cutter a little bit more than his four seamer even though it throws a four seamer as hard as he does. You know, it's a straight to me and it's you know, it's got to expect it' slug a four to seventy seven. So you know, he needs to put some wiggle on his for singer. If he doesn't have that in his, uh, his repertoire, then he probably needs to switch pitches otherwise he will get hit hard.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you'll you'll have days where you know, you'll like, like, look like Josh Hater and you will have days where he looks like Kevin Yinkle. It will be all over the map. And that's stuff to rock.
Speaker 1: Good stuff, Tim. Let's take our final break back and let's wrap this puppy up outstanding. What seven you will finished your draft package for everyone. It is out on Prospect three sixty one. You get all the positions out there. The closer report is there, you'll get you get limited numbers that are out there, but if you want everything, you go out to the Patreon site. You get Tim's full analysis. You get the spreadsheet that we use when we talk about players, and you get a chance to analyze like Tim and I are analyzing it, and again you get extended commentary from timil that, you get my draft targets, and of course you get all the minor leak stuff that that occurs on the site. So I encourage everybody. Pat r o n dot com Forward Slash Prospect three sixty one. But outstanding job. Again for the whole package that you put together is fantastic and it's going to win people leagues this year.
Speaker 2: I thank you so much, Rich, I really appreciate that. It's definitely a labor of love and it's one that I really enjoy and I hope our listeners get as much as possible out of it. Then Hey, find me over on the Discord site and we'll talk Kevin Ginkel. I'm that type of guy. Rich all right, So.
Speaker 1: Let's let's figure out what's going on. So Tim Scott is his his draft coming up this week with Baseball HQ. What is it the the tout Wars. So that's cool, that's coming up. And then next they were off, but Monday were coming back in the evening with a draft. So I'll be put out to our Patreon members, So look for Tim starting to recruit some people out there. David Boy gets an automatic invite because he won last year if he wants to participate. Yeah, so, uh, well done, and we're going to be running that on Monday. What we decided seven o'clock. That's what we said, seven Eastern, So a little bit late for some people in our European market, but hey, stay up a little bit later and join us for that. But so Tim and I will be doing that on Monday, So expect the podcast shortly after this. That's what we've got coming up in next week's, next couple of weeks, and then we'll talk Sleepers and got all that going into the regular season, and then then we buckle up to him. We've got the WBC and we got the start of the season, et cetera, et cetera.
Speaker 2: Yeah, everything's gonna fly fast and furious over the next couple of weeks. And yeah, I had hard to believe. It seems like just yesterday we were, you know, we were talking prospects prior to Christmas, and yeah, you we've turned out an amazing amount of information and hope, hopefully, hopefully it helps our listeners. But now we're we're in that last frantic dash to see what happens as far as roster positions, who's winning, what is losing what? And hey, it's just nice to have games back and watching baseball. It's it's a long winter without our favorite game, isn't it?
Speaker 1: It is? Indeed, Timmy, what's for dinner?
Speaker 2: What's for dinner? I'm looking at having some RIGATONI. It's past the time. Wow, gotta gotta have some Sunday past It's it's time. And what about yourself? I've got cookies, man, So you got cookies? Who needs food? Right?
Speaker 1: I got cookies. I don't know, and I'm not sure what we're having, but uh, definitely gonna have cookies on a fill up on that.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah. And I'm very fortunate. I've got a good group of people that I've become fairly fairly with a lot of them fairly good friends. And one of the young nurses that I drive occasionally, she's from Vietnam. So she brought me back some chocolate cakes from Vietnam. So I'm going to be having them for desserts. So a big shout out to cc I, thank you very much for spoiling me with some Vietnamese pastries.
Speaker 1: Wow, CC a listener, I hope.
Speaker 2: Well, she might be for this podcast. I'll let you know. I gave her a big show. Just a wonderful young lady.
Speaker 1: Sounds. I think you've mentioned her before, Timmy, it's been a blast. We'll talk to you on Monday, my friend. Everybody have a good week, and you got questions, let us know that on the Patreon site or the Discord site and we'll get right back to you.
Speaker 2: Be well, be safe, be well, and we'll catch your Monday night for draft time.