Speaker 1: What am I supposed to do for the next two days? I have to sit around not knowing how that ends. Yes, I know everybody in nineteen ninety six had to wait a week. I don't care. It's not nineteen ninety six anymore. I immediate gratification.
Speaker 2: Back in my day, we went uphill to school, both ways in the snow.
Speaker 3: We we are not good at understanding.
Speaker 2: More so, what doing.
Speaker 4: You having to wait?
Speaker 3: Jenny?
Speaker 1: Let me guess you're gonna wake up tomorrow morning and just watch it right because you can't wait like you did with Several Dreams, which he watched three times.
Speaker 5: I may have watched several Dreams three times in the lead up to SEB Dreams.
Speaker 4: I yah, that's all.
Speaker 3: I'm watching it right after this recording. Yes, I'm ahead right now.
Speaker 4: Let's just.
Speaker 6: The Babylon podcast was our last best hope for a concise discussion. It failed, but in the Year of the Great Tangents, it became something better, our last best hope for insight. The year is twenty twenty six. The place wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 4: Welcome back to your babel.
Speaker 5: I'm rear the podcast ASTRIANCEA crew that is watching BRICKI dyed episodes of Battlon five. We just watched World Without End part one and only part one. And I did not choose this. I allowed the consensus to choose. It is not my fault. Do not be mad at me. My name is Jenny, and I'm a big fan of the show and I've watched it through many times.
Speaker 7: I'm Jen I'm a big fan of the shows. While I watched it back in the day and it's and now I'm watching it again.
Speaker 4: Hi.
Speaker 3: My name's Andrew, and i watched the show two years ago and I'm absolutely delighted to be seeing this episode and all the reactions. Mmmmm.
Speaker 1: I'm Gus and I'm an actor and I've never watched the show before.
Speaker 2: And I'm Ali.
Speaker 4: Yes, that's all we need to know, nothing more.
Speaker 2: At all, after writer and.
Speaker 5: Johanna and yes you are you?
Speaker 8: Yes I am.
Speaker 1: I was driving doing the full you can. You can introduce yourself as thoroughly as you wish.
Speaker 3: My opinion cancer liber Rising Taorius Moon blood type.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Does anyone know their blood type?
Speaker 5: Like Koreans generally know their blood type because it's the personality.
Speaker 4: Then yeah, they always ask me.
Speaker 5: They always ask me, and I never know. Although these days they come away from blood type. Yeah, they moved away from blood type into Myers breaks.
Speaker 4: Anyway, let's get interesting thing though.
Speaker 2: Holy fuck, yeah.
Speaker 3: It's so, it's so weird. It was invented for a mom to vet her daughter's boyfriends.
Speaker 1: This is what happened. JMS now got a letter from Gus yeah or whoever, thirty years ago that said I want to see all of these things in an episode, and he went back in time and he made an episode with all of the things in it that I specifically wanted more of. Yes, and thanks for that.
Speaker 5: I would like you, if you have a chance, Gus, to go back and think of all of the times and you have just randomly just said what happened to Babylon four and Jane and I just went.
Speaker 4: Both of us prime actor.
Speaker 3: Like this show is such an amazing example of set up and execution and just callbacks and like proper laying of timeline. It's just so, it's such good writing.
Speaker 2: Very good yes, and really good laying of pipe.
Speaker 5: Yes, the pipe, the pipe is so. I yeah, I know all about pipe laying. That is my area of expertise.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Jenny specifically, yes, exactly as it all. You know what I want to do after I watch in a couple of days Part two. I want to go back and watch Bad One Squared again.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I figured you would.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because that's going to recontextualize a lot of stuff.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Brittish, I was almost over.
Speaker 2: Yeah, until you can watch the next one.
Speaker 1: Now, I gotta wait til I watch part two. Oh really yeah, because because of this, this introduced a lot of stuff. It didn't close a lot of stuff.
Speaker 5: It's true. Yeah, you know, I I one of the things I like, and I never thought about it until actually watching this with you. But they have Jeff in the very very first scene, and I'm certain that is entirely because of people like you, Gus, who would have seen his name in the credits and been like so they had to have them in the court so that it wouldn't be spoiled for.
Speaker 7: People, and because you had to back then, you know, like there are you can get in streaming, You can get away with it a little bit more. There are sometimes reveals where they don't like they save somebody's name for a backup show, for back end of show. If it's someone that you you know, I mean they don't always, but but there are union rules that say, like if this character they have to be listed at the top show and then yeah, it just spoils the whole thing.
Speaker 2: I don't think they really do they do that anymore.
Speaker 1: I don't probably, you know.
Speaker 7: I mean there's still union rules about it, but you can get around them again, Like you can get them around them a little easier on streaming because you can make a case for it.
Speaker 3: I would love it to like in a show where that revealed like an actor and it was like a surprise on the plot when they like walked out of the shadows. It would just have their title card underneath, like and Christopher Palmers. Interesting, yes, sorry, that was in my head. And then Christopher Floorer popped in for the last thirty seconds, right.
Speaker 5: I thought it was because he was hot, and I was like, okay, I can see it.
Speaker 4: Exactly.
Speaker 1: This. This was so good. Yeah, it was just really good.
Speaker 4: I mean, it's basically just it.
Speaker 5: Actually, I was going to say basically just one plot line. In the Lurker's Guide, he literally says there's basically no b plot in this episode because we just have the one thing happening.
Speaker 1: And the B plot. The B plot is we got Garibaldi out of the way. Yeah, I guess, but it ties directly in.
Speaker 7: I mean, but I would I would call that B plot as well, the whole Garabaldi like being being, you know, feeling like as soon as they sent him off, I was like, oh, yeah, I remember why I started getting sad at the beginning of that. I was like, don't project, don't project, but okay, but but the Garibaldi thing is what I would definitely call it a B plot.
Speaker 5: Okay, Now, I'm I'm not going to ask you, Jen because you probably remembered, but what are you Guys have theories about why uh he's Garibaldi's.
Speaker 4: Not allowed to be there, like why Jeff didn't want him there?
Speaker 1: Yeah, because because of the fucking this is what I was born for. Babylon five. Blown. They showed it, didn't they.
Speaker 4: Okay, I mean that, why would they showed that before? Okay? But what do you mean?
Speaker 2: Okay they showed on the episode they showed it this episode?
Speaker 4: Yeah they did.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Yeah, he didn't want him to die.
Speaker 1: He didn't want him to die. He didn't want him to.
Speaker 2: Is there more? No?
Speaker 1: No, don't do that? Know what the fuck come on, like what obvious blinding, blinding fucking Talia ivanav sex scene? Thing are we missing?
Speaker 2: I just asked the question, Oh my, Jenny, replay the tapes, replay the tapes. So well wait, what did Okay, Gus, you have a memory? Uh what did Where did Garibaldi say in that dream that Bruce had Bruce?
Speaker 1: Yeah, the man, the man in between is waiting for you, also fastening zip.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be that's going to be Jeff.
Speaker 1: Well, we haven't suggested that it was either Jeff or General the Hague was the man in He's dead now it doesn't matter. Okay, so he does he went and did but deep Space nine and JS shot.
Speaker 4: Him Jeff.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, it's come on, don't do that between. I don't know.
Speaker 9: But what.
Speaker 1: Uh he wasn't if Jeff is going to stay on Babylon because he would have stayed on Babylon four with Jeff. I mean, Jeff said you would, you would come and you wouldn't come back either. And we know from Babylon Squared Mike wasn't on Babylon four because we would have seen him. Maybe he's part of it. So so therefore Mike couldn't.
Speaker 4: You guys are getting so stressed. Okay, this we want to no.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no no no no.
Speaker 1: No no you go.
Speaker 2: Hey, guys, here's a layup.
Speaker 1: What do you think about this? And apparently I just walked into a wall instead of returning your serve and you're okay, well, fucking idiot, all right moving no health health not?
Speaker 4: I said, oh.
Speaker 10: Okay, yeah, no yeah, could be that, yeah, all right, come on, he's just playing all.
Speaker 4: Right, all right, well then let's let's try something else. Then we've got okay, so what do you want to talk about it? You feel really bad? What?
Speaker 1: What could I possibly be missing? Are we talking in world? Right? We're talking in world?
Speaker 4: Yes, okay, I can't tell you anything?
Speaker 2: What you what I was?
Speaker 7: You're just thinking no, no, no no. Gus's point, and this is fair. I think, okay, I think, I think. Yeah, you're you're right, guys. It's it's all pretty well laid out there of what not pipe pipe, It's all pretty well laid out of like I love you too much. You are my best friend. I can't have you come back because you will also be destroyed here, and so I'm protecting you by not telling you. I'm here knowing who you are, that you would come after me.
Speaker 1: That was my read. I'm sure maybe there's something else going on, but he's he's handing me a really really juicy candy apple with all of that, and he's like, look, here is a very obvious explanation that makes explicit sense. So if he's going to come around the bend with a fucking pumpkin pie, then I'm not going to expect the pumpkin pie because he handed me a candy, I'll welcome the pumpkin pie. So Halloween theme, there you go, they are there you go. We're getting closer.
Speaker 2: Unless I mean, okay, so Marcus says this, Well, Marcus did look at him funny. In that one shot he did, what do you say to de Lenne?
Speaker 1: Jeff?
Speaker 2: Yeah, what did he say?
Speaker 1: He said, because.
Speaker 2: Marcus said that you won't get a straight answer from someone they spoke from from the one you have to like getting a mirror and look upside down. Yeah, okay.
Speaker 3: It showed his introduction to Membari linguistics and then immediately gave up after two sentences.
Speaker 2: Well, because my issue was my issue was the way the things played out. My issue with the way that things played out is I was like, well, what if Garibaldi's supposed to be there? Like you you're not supposed to. Like they were very specific this whole time about like Zathras, you can't say anything to me that's going to alter the past, like oh, and they did had that beat another moment with someone else, was it Lindy like somebody else? There was like a past moment where it was like, oh, you can't know this, it's like the past, like it's the past the future. So so like information and making sure that things play out how they're supposed to has been kind of this whole thing in the episode. And the thing that really bothered me was I was like, but then Jeff turns around and is like, I'm going to prevent Garibaldi from being in this area where he might need to be.
Speaker 1: The Garibaldi thing was a vision on the station, though it wasn't as far as we know, it wasn't because it's it's to my view, the Garibaldi vision was a similar vision to the Ivanova on exploding Babylon five vision, which is a potential future versus whatever Jeff got in the letter, which was like here's the shit you have to.
Speaker 2: You have to do well. But so my thought pro but it did. It did stick out to me as something where I was like, Okay, but what if that is something that's I get that it's a vision of a potential future, but I was like, what if that is a necessary part of the potential future that Garibaldi is there and now we're fucking with that by trying to alter things. But then I was like, but then if we're in this forty chess world that appears to be Jeff's brain, right, we know Garibaldi and we know he's not somebody who's going to like allow his friends to like go into danger without him. Is Garibaldi going to disregard this? And that's like a part of the forty chess m.
Speaker 4: That's a very interesting question.
Speaker 2: Like Jeff knows Garibaldi better than almost anybody.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they were, so is Jeff.
Speaker 2: Is this part of Jeff's larger plan where it's like, ah, yes, my chess piece, But why do we have to sword.
Speaker 1: Just just in case we need it?
Speaker 2: Is the case we need?
Speaker 4: This is South Korea. I'm safe, It's okay.
Speaker 1: I know I would never actually threaten you with the sword. This is just my.
Speaker 2: Sword makes you feel a pit and a sword and a security count.
Speaker 1: I will never use any of them.
Speaker 5: It's because I may guess, feel powerless in this moment, and so he needs to feel powerful.
Speaker 2: I need to touch his sword. Oh God, problem, that was an accident.
Speaker 3: So so you're speaking with four dimensional chests, but you need to be thinking five.
Speaker 2: There are there are allegedly five dimensions now or whatever.
Speaker 4: But so.
Speaker 2: So I was just like, yeah, what if that's part of the plan. What if there is a a piece of the board that we're not seeing the Jeff is sick. I mean, we don't know what was in that letter of instructions to Jeff right, and it just feels weird that he would risk this all going to ship. I mean, I get it, like I'd want to save my friends too, but there's a certain extent to which it's like he's also brought all of his other friends into nuclear blast zone, so you know, I don't know what you're going for. It just struck me as funny. It did strike me as funny like that that we have this whole emphasis on not interfering with the past, and then we have the guy who explicitly says, don't say anything that's going to alter the past, going out of his way to potentially alters not the past or the future or whatever. It's both.
Speaker 1: They are actively trying to alter the future.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, yeah, yeah, but like they have this whole thing well no, because it already happened, Like they're altering the future, but that it already happened, but not that part, which part the mic stuff. Yeah, that's why it stood out to me is odd.
Speaker 1: But the mic stuff falls into the same category as Babylon five blowing up.
Speaker 2: I understand, but I was also like.
Speaker 1: Youtably without Bruce, I just realized, I.
Speaker 2: Understand, but I was also like, but does it fall into the same category. I mean, one was a vision and one was like a radio broadcast.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Also in the radio broadcast of of us as the captain is dead.
Speaker 1: She did say the captain is dead.
Speaker 2: She which one captain, That's what I thought. But then I was also like, well, technically he's an admiral, right, he's an admiral at the semester ambassador, so she would have maybe said the ambassador was dead. But I was like, but she's also under a lot of stress and she knew him as the captain, so like.
Speaker 1: No, Jeff was the commander.
Speaker 4: He was that true, he was commander.
Speaker 7: When he was they could presume him dead because he's missing.
Speaker 3: Is definitely dead because he was in the background, underneath the girl.
Speaker 4: He was under a pile.
Speaker 1: Communications Twink.
Speaker 3: Twink is the future. He's a great hair, but like he was just underneath, just like cor whin.
Speaker 1: We hardly knew ye.
Speaker 2: I passed two teenagers the other day, and I overheard the funniest conversation. You know what you just say overhear yourself with a conversation. You're like, this is hilarious. They're just one of the those. I mean, if I have to, I hope that I'm at least cute.
Speaker 1: Communications twig sure was.
Speaker 2: I was craggy. It both reminds me of communications the other.
Speaker 1: Okay, so so so we got all that, but also we got.
Speaker 4: Everything else, everything else going on.
Speaker 1: Zat is not supposed to mention one or the.
Speaker 4: One and the one or the one or anything.
Speaker 1: Did immediately the second he walked on board the.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly, so you had one job.
Speaker 4: He's good at doings, he's not good at understandings.
Speaker 2: No, I fucking love Zathrust, one of my favorite characters all.
Speaker 1: Unfortunately, this does suggest to me we will not be seeing him again after next episode. But then again, I guess we'll find out why she did the head tilt. I knew she was gonna do.
Speaker 5: They just keep my head completely still.
Speaker 2: It's crazy that you're getting tells from a cartoon.
Speaker 1: I am usually wrong with the tells because I also thought Night one was comming back. Night one has not come back.
Speaker 4: We did a secret in his head tilt with the Night one.
Speaker 1: Yeah that was the je episode.
Speaker 4: Yeah that guy, Yeah, that guy.
Speaker 2: Well, that doesn't mean he won't.
Speaker 1: That's true anyway.
Speaker 5: Okay, other interesting things that happened in this episode though, everything Londo.
Speaker 4: And Emperor Londo Centauri on fire.
Speaker 1: And old ass Londo, old ass Bruce Londo put curtains around the throne. Yeah, presumably so he doesn't have to blinders, so he doesn't have to look at the actions that he's already taken that have caused things good visual metaphor set team and also probably JMS.
Speaker 5: Also probably very practical, so you don't have to you know, animate all of it the entire time.
Speaker 1: Although I meant specifically that he the throne. He's coming up around the front of it.
Speaker 4: That's true.
Speaker 1: You could only look out the front old ass Londo with old ass Bruce. Bruce back from the abyss Londo, once again blaming everybody else for his own failings and problems because he's an asshole. Love him, though, I do.
Speaker 2: He's not the most self reflective person.
Speaker 1: Oh he's not at all self reflective, and he does have portraits of himself in that future appears to be one where Bruce fucks off for an extended period of time, but they still beat the Shadows. But then the Shadows go and fuck up Centauri prime what Jakars wish for. I find their bones into dust and kill them. And I hate the Centauri so much, and fuck the Centauri. The Centauri suck and I don't like them specifically. And then after that, I haven't really thought further.
Speaker 2: It looks like that happened.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I guess a little bit.
Speaker 2: Like I said, I was like, they're gonna fuck with them, and then karma is. But the Narns aren't gonna go.
Speaker 1: The Nerds aren't gonna Is that the takeaway we get.
Speaker 5: From the show.
Speaker 2: It wasn't the Narns that did it. It was a shadows themselves.
Speaker 1: But they wouldn't do that without them.
Speaker 2: I mean, your car made a wish.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but but Morden replied differently.
Speaker 2: It seems like it happened anyway.
Speaker 1: In that future.
Speaker 2: In that future, I'm just saying like I said, Like I said, I was like, I feel like it's gonna be careful. What jewish where you just might get it?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, yeah, okay, listen, go ahead, anybody else.
Speaker 4: Have any questions.
Speaker 5: I'm trying to think other things that we saw. We saw a handhold between Brew and de Lenn that Jeff appeared to be smiling as.
Speaker 10: He's just just just just fucking palling, dragging this ship out as long as he possible.
Speaker 1: It's great, it's great.
Speaker 2: Honestly, Jeff is.
Speaker 1: Like, that's my ex right there, and also Delenn.
Speaker 2: So honestly alright, as a marriage that resulted from a slow burn, yeah, yeah, it's nice. A slow burn is nice. No, it's cute.
Speaker 1: It was really sweet. I mean, I appreciate that they did that because at least I still remember the Cherry Tomato episode, and I know that Jeff left, and so presumably many of the things from season one were building into directions where JMS had to pivot, and I assume that taste of it is one of those.
Speaker 2: Or they become everyone's favorite threttle and it's very progressive.
Speaker 4: Trying very important husbands, triangles.
Speaker 1: Man, it's the bar but not the trial was a long time.
Speaker 2: Which one is Bermuda? Is this Bermuda?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay, great in the ocean, that's true. This is something else?
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's yeah, that's something else.
Speaker 1: This is Bermuda?
Speaker 7: Yeah, there there there is something. Can I read? Can I read something off of JMS weeks? Uh? This is a question he got. Will the relationship between this is what you're talking about. Will the relationship between Delenn and shared and cause problems with Sinclair and JMS as well? Remember that we never defined what those feelings were between Sinclair and Delenn, although you said that's a marriage ceremony, but okay, she had a great deal of respect and admiration for him, Yes, and she had a fair measure of faith in him as well. Question is what's the root of that. We'll learn some of that in the two parter as. For Sinclair, he was mainly involved with Sekai. Well.
Speaker 2: I can't forget that she stroked his cheek in the in the old like the episode that had the future f in Future Delenne.
Speaker 1: She's hand so we wouldn't see that she had hair. You're Jeff as good as you could, so I don't remember.
Speaker 5: She is very but she does do a lot of touching, like even yeah, just in general.
Speaker 2: Just saying, just saying she did strugg his cheek. But I it's true that they never really like to find anything, and like, I don't know, I feel like Jeff handled that real well, you.
Speaker 7: Know, to be delighted he did.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean.
Speaker 1: He's not around, like he's not obviously Catherine got evaporated out of the plot, but you know, presumably he would he would have. Now, yeah, don't think I'm just say, who knows he's in a book, right, isn't it like a book?
Speaker 2: Ain been bringing back characters that we were like, that's so what off.
Speaker 10: Some characters, Dira. Certain characters may never come back, and that's that's also fair. But certain characters that were title card characters may never even come back. Warren Keffer.
Speaker 4: Anyway, we're going to let's see, we've got.
Speaker 5: Who are the other things that there's basically one thing happening in this episode.
Speaker 4: We've got the questions I can ask you.
Speaker 1: Because this is all build up. I mean, this episode was I was riveted the entire time, but it was a lot of a lot of questions and things being reintroduced and not a lot being answered. That's fine. I mean, one question we could ask is who wrote the fucking letters? The handwriting looked different on both of them, so I think so presumably those letters were from two different people who write English scripts nine hundred years ago, because they weren't written in Minbari.
Speaker 4: But they knew who they were writing to.
Speaker 1: They knew who they were writing to, Jeffrey David Sinclair and Delenn. Yeah, and they put the middle name in there just in case there was another Jeffrey Sinclair.
Speaker 4: On Minbar at around Minbar.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, and they said he how did he know? So it's some individual on Minbar nine hundred years ago. How long did Minbari live?
Speaker 7: I think four hundred years right, several hundred?
Speaker 5: No, not no, they live they are and eighty yeah, longer lived than humans, but not like an obscene like not.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's only one named Minbari we know from a thousand years ago and that's Valen.
Speaker 4: Oh okay, I literally was in my brain going maroon linear.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's just like I was going through all the named Minbari in my brain.
Speaker 1: Sorry, but we didn't name We didn't name drop Vylan at all this episode, so like, and we don't know shit about Valen other than that he's a big deal and they name drop him whenever they can, but not this episode.
Speaker 5: Oh I I just remember something I could ask you. But okay, Oh no, literally has nothing to do with what you said.
Speaker 4: I just sorry. That's kind of rude because I was listening to what you were saying.
Speaker 1: But don't you You're fine. The other option is that if Jeff is going, he's had close the circle.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he's He's the that's see. That's why I think. That's why I was thinking the other Vorlon, the other options. Sorry, he said he's the closed circle.
Speaker 1: So the other option is Jeff wrote the letter to himself in the past.
Speaker 2: That's what I was thinking. That might make more sense too, if it's two different people. The line could have written.
Speaker 1: Her letter, but she doesn't. There's no way we're getting rid of de lenn. I just want to know and haven't kissed yet.
Speaker 2: What did Well, it's necessarily saying that we're getting rid of.
Speaker 7: What am I seeing the Game of Thrones? I don't know, I don't know, but I loved it.
Speaker 1: She's nervous about something. She's turning pink again for me. Yeah, she's turning pink. So we're close to I'm gonna say names. Valen got pink. Pink, She's pink, okay, So something to do with it?
Speaker 4: Think if you say.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, Well, hey cheese pizza. Say chuck you cheese. I'm gonna go past.
Speaker 4: Hey, cheese pizza, pizza.
Speaker 1: So it's probably either Valen or Jeff. I'm Jeff, but we didn't mention. But valin Valen matters because we're going into that time period, the Valen time period.
Speaker 2: We're going into the Valentine Valen was the Shadow War, right.
Speaker 4: I mean, we know Valen was about a thousand years ago.
Speaker 1: I don't about a thousand years ago, And we keep making jokes about Jaquan and Valen fighting the shadows Je. That would be fucking crazy. Wait, he might be what if because he's he is men Bari but not of them in Bari?
Speaker 5: Right, what is the phrasing Benbari of not Ben Bari. Sorry, I'm mixing it up with Wheel of Time again.
Speaker 2: Souls get souls get recycled. Like we've got jumping into the past. We've also got we've got Babylon for showing up just as it was needed, and we have souls getting recycled. So like, there are like four different ways he could be valent.
Speaker 1: That's true. He could be valent. Are you saying he just went back in time and was like, oh I'm valent.
Speaker 4: That could work.
Speaker 3: It's like college, you reinvent yourself or or that was a past iteration.
Speaker 4: Like when I went to university, I was like, I'm going to be a hat persons changing.
Speaker 2: I feel that the subject. So back on the subject, two things could be potentially true. Right, there's two ways that Jeff could be Valen. Right, because he's being called the one and he wasn't supposed to be called the one. What does valen mean?
Speaker 1: We don't know.
Speaker 4: We don't know.
Speaker 5: We actually did look it up. You you looked at I remember you said something about valence.
Speaker 1: Something valence with the thing that bonds vans electrons.
Speaker 4: That's what it was, Okay, thank you? Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, that would work.
Speaker 1: So he could go back in time and meet his past self, or he could go back in time and just be like, call me.
Speaker 2: He could be Yeah, I think either thing is potentially possible.
Speaker 1: That would also make sense with why he specifically would be such a big deal when they scanned his soul, They're like, holy shit, guys, and that's.
Speaker 2: Why they like brought him on board and all of this ship. That would yeah, potentially because he basically it'd be like it'd be like if we found out that the Dalai Lama was reincarnated into an alien specie.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I know we've made that comparison before.
Speaker 4: Haven't we.
Speaker 2: M hmm, Yeah, But like we know that that's entirely possible. And they showed what their interest in him right away.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what they ended the war over him. It's very they're all dead fucking silent.
Speaker 4: I'm listening.
Speaker 3: Opposite of the Dali Lama is called the Panchin Lama because I couldn't remember.
Speaker 1: There's an opposite and anti pope.
Speaker 3: Oh well, Basically, like in with the Dalai Lama, the Lamas have to find one another. So the Panchin Lama discovers who is the next DOLLI Lama, the next Doll discovers whose next Punch and Lama. But that's why the Chinese government kidnapped the Punch and Lama like thirty years ago.
Speaker 1: It's kind of right, yeah, weirdest thing. Listen, I think we're maybe we'll stick with that. We'll find out, Okay, I like it, very cool.
Speaker 7: We're not making you commit it to a white board or anything, so it's fine.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I just feel like I just feel like that tracks.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, a good track.
Speaker 2: I mean to put it out there.
Speaker 5: Absolutely, like if there is basically only one thing happened in this episode with a lot of things, I'm trying to think what else I could ask you about it?
Speaker 7: And because because we left in the middle, yeah yeah, yeah, that was the other question.
Speaker 4: Sorry, in the middle of that.
Speaker 5: That was why my brain went off into the thing the other Vorlin, and he thoughts about the other Vorlon.
Speaker 1: He's got a cool ass helmet. Uh, it looks like his his ship doesn't look like angel wings. His ship looks more like horns, so that's an interesting visual motif. His voice is huh, he had a red light had a red light different, it's different. He's purple. He's not green, He's purple. The drowsy strike.
Speaker 4: Again, drowsy all over the damp place.
Speaker 1: His light in his chest is a lot more clearly defined and distinct, and his voice is significantly less mysterious. Okay, Caution's voice had like the wail songs off, and that guy was just like, Hey, it's me Terry, how are we doing.
Speaker 4: Again?
Speaker 5: When he showed up, I burst out laughing because Ali, you called him cash two point oh, just instinctively you called him that.
Speaker 4: That's the fandom name for him.
Speaker 1: Character is for Current.
Speaker 4: Well, no, like when he shows up here, people are like, what, Like, it's just a regular.
Speaker 2: Thing of current.
Speaker 1: He's Current. That's a major character.
Speaker 4: That guy.
Speaker 1: That guy's gonna come back. That's ambassador. That's the new He's going to Babylon five.
Speaker 2: Cush Cush.
Speaker 1: I'm calling him great.
Speaker 4: Great.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that guy was weird. He's close circle and Cush Cush, close circle Cush Yep, yep.
Speaker 2: Pretty cool dude, part of the Cush circle dank.
Speaker 1: We will see if he would be part of a nightmare blunt rotation or not.
Speaker 2: Or so far, so good. The vibes are pretty good. So far. You didn't like him.
Speaker 1: He seems fine, he seems like cash.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, God, all Barlunes are the same. Maybe that's so that's so spey a guy. What if what if it call out he talked, They knew Kosh died immediately. So maybe it's a little bit of a collective consciousness.
Speaker 3: What if it's like an ET thing where like ET goes back and everyone's like, why aren't you wearing clothes? It's like everyone's just like, oh yeah, what's up with Borla's like I hate my family.
Speaker 2: This is a random thought. I was just thinking about hive mind versus collective consciousness and the difference between those two things, because I was like, why is hive mind like a horror thing whereas a collective consciousness is like like an uplifting spiritual idea. And then it's like, well, the difference is that free will exists and collective consciousness and that's why it's not horrifying.
Speaker 4: See.
Speaker 5: I was actually going to go much more base than that and be like, a hive is bugs, so that's why that's worth that's true.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well yeah, but like you know what, like inherently freaks us out about that as a concept and it's like, well, it's the collective consciousness without the existence of free will.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I was like, huh interesting anyway, Sorry that just like I have the noodle on that for like seven to ten business days.
Speaker 7: Yeah, okay, bye to us.
Speaker 2: I'll get back to you. Get back to you on the noodling.
Speaker 5: Yes, I don't know that I have anything else specific to ask you or bring up from this episode, just because it does lead just directly into Yeah.
Speaker 1: I hate to leave this at thirty ish minutes, but that good good, real good, good good, real good, good, very good.
Speaker 2: My favorite episode so far.
Speaker 1: This is a banger. We'll see how if he lands the flying Chicken.
Speaker 4: If he lands the Flying Chicken, what kind of.
Speaker 3: Hair product you think, Marcus uses?
Speaker 1: I'm sure you have an answer.
Speaker 2: I feel like he's one of these annoying people that rolls out of bed and just that looks like that.
Speaker 1: I don't know a lot about hair products. You might imagine also.
Speaker 7: Hair quite different.
Speaker 5: I could see him, I could see him a nineties herbal Essences commercial, because that feels about right.
Speaker 2: It feels like you've got my skin. Well it's very light, it's very light, so it feels like it's got to be a moose.
Speaker 7: I was gonna say, moose. That's the first thing.
Speaker 2: You's got to be a moose. It's got to be a moose.
Speaker 7: It looks so light like using moose in his hair, but I don't even.
Speaker 2: Know, like I mean, it feels like it feels like he's got a blow dry, no like that, with that hair.
Speaker 1: He's got you know those fucking salon chairs with the thing, he's got one of those in his quarters.
Speaker 3: He actually you just took. He just took.
Speaker 7: Helmet was left over at the Endea.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's a perfect level of humidity for con.
Speaker 1: Yes, it was hilarious and weird that the warp reactor thing blew up and all it did was pinpoint attack Bruce's badge. That was weird. It was funny. It makes sense from a plot perspective. It does kind of seem targeted.
Speaker 7: Well, he was on the end of the ship, but.
Speaker 1: It didn't damage anything else. It came through.
Speaker 2: The Difference also said though that he was like, he was like, I'm not allowed to tell you anything about Bruce, which makes yeh. So he's got some some and then we get some tiny wimy ship with Bruce and I'm like.
Speaker 1: Hanging out with old ass Lon Centori has has a veer already been emperor at that point, I don't know. I didn't see him. So it suggests that maybe we do the sneaky okie dokee bullshit thing. Beer becomes emperor first and then Londo pulls a brutus on him too.
Speaker 2: That the more dramatically interesting timeline it is.
Speaker 1: It is because the the the obvious answer, as you've pointed out before, Londa becomes emperor makes her his successor Yeah, that's the safe and obvious.
Speaker 2: But somehow Vier became emperor for.
Speaker 1: Bad news for Vere Peiti.
Speaker 7: What are you doing here?
Speaker 1: Ver?
Speaker 7: Linear Beer and linear Ver and linear n vin Vier.
Speaker 2: He doesn't make me feel good. It doesn't make me feel good about Vier. And yeah, I feel like.
Speaker 7: Piti Zanier is a much better partner for Vier than that Nazi.
Speaker 2: That was the last thing they said. They said that what was the third thing Londa needed to not do?
Speaker 1: Surrender to the thing that you fear most, knowing that it will destroy you, which I again I think is accepting life without a legacy, or or a bad one, forgetful being forgotten, or a bad legacy because he's most concerned with either how he looks or glory of the Centaury Republic. It's one of the other. But we'll let you guys talk because again, there's not a lot going on, and it's three in the morning, and.
Speaker 7: We can't and you can't and we can't say much. I mean, we can't say much.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 2: Good, good, good, good good love you guys have fun.
Speaker 11: Ah, my friends, you have reached the most dangerous part of our journey, the Gray Council. Here we speak of things that must not be spoken, secrets, betrayals, spoilers. If you are not ready, turned back now that if you dare to proceed, I promise you it will.
Speaker 9: Benificent, mister Geibaldi, the close I think, didn't they.
Speaker 4: Got more than close? He shows up and says, Hi, I'm Valin. That's literally what happens.
Speaker 3: I know literally when Ali said that, I think we all were just like.
Speaker 7: We were, like me, my nails, I'm gonna look like something else.
Speaker 3: Yeah, reinvent yourself at college like I have myself Dallas. For the first week, like I legit.
Speaker 5: Did try to become a hat person. But I couldn't keep it up because I only had the one hat.
Speaker 3: I think it would be more alarming if you had many different hats immediately on the first week, right, No, but I wanted to.
Speaker 4: Be like, I have a different hat, like it's just anyway, yeats are cool.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's cool.
Speaker 4: But no, they fully nailed that.
Speaker 5: He just although they're not one short. So I think Ali is I think Ali's really sure.
Speaker 7: You know, I don't know. I mean personal we're dealing with Ali and Gus, who happened to be particularly excellent at sessing out, like you know, they they do this well and it's what they do. But I also, you know, I think that JMS left a lot more crumbs than maybe we give him not given credit for. I mean, I think he left crumbs, and I think he left crumbs knowing that at the time when we were watching it spread out over time, they wouldn't be as obvious and easy to pick up. And also because he wasn't you know, he gives heat drops clues all the time, even when the GMS speaks, and he's not like Robert Jordan, who's like, oh you all figured this out. I'm literally going to change my storyline because I don't want you to know it. He's like, cool, you figured it out. That's exactly right, Like he's not going to change where he started, I mean unless obviously for casting reasons he has exactly so I feel like it's there. I don't. I'm not trying to discount them coming to that, but I think that there are a lot of signs important to lead us to that place.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 5: I will also point out one of the ones Ali pointed out, and that they did start circling around it at the beginning, but Ali was joking about it at the beginning, is like, why is the handwriting like this, Like it's it's Jeff. Jeff wrote the note, and so it's Jeff's handwriting, and it's I think it's Jeff's handwriting to both him and Delenne. So I don't know why they think it's different handwriting it. It looks the same to me.
Speaker 7: It looked mostly you know what was different about it? I think it was that it felt like Jeffrey David Sinclair was like like scratched over three times in pen, like it looked wider and then de Lenz like the letters D E, L E and and were spread out more to fill the page as an artistic choice for like being on camera rather than trying to crunch them all in. I think that's the only thing that looks different about it. And then they look thinner. The letters look a little bit thinner, so that's yeah. I can see why they would be like, oh, they might not be the same handwriting, but I think if they look at it carefully, they're clearly Jeff's bad man scrowl.
Speaker 2: That's all it is.
Speaker 4: It's just his handwriting.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I took a bunch of notes while they were talking because it was making me laugh when they were like, Oh, they haven't kissed yet.
Speaker 4: I'm pretty sure. Correct me if I'm wrong. They kiss in this episode.
Speaker 5: I think they kiss the next episode, but it's future Delenne kissing Bruce, who is like Bruce has he's unstuck in time, so he slid into the consciousness of a future version of himself and so he's in a cell with Delenne, who's like his wife at this point in time, and kisses him because like, that's her husband, and that's I've heard that married people sometimes kissed, so.
Speaker 4: Yeah, me too. So they do kiss in this episode, which just made me laugh. Like they haven't kissed yet.
Speaker 5: I'm pretty sure they do later, but it's gonna be a whole thing where she realizes that it's Bruce from the past and then she starts telling him don't go to don't go to and you know he will go to Zahd's you can't not. But yeah, so that made me laugh.
Speaker 4: The Garibaldi thing, I it never occurred to me because even if you read.
Speaker 5: The the Lookers Guide, several people asked why why is Garabaldi not there, It never occurred to me that they would just think it was because of the battle, Like I see, it's.
Speaker 7: It's funny because yeah, in the Lurker's Guide he's just like, yeah, you'll find out in the next episode, and I'm like, no, Look, I mean I think we know that Jeff Valen is going to be like, if my my purview, my viewpoint has to be bigger than one person, and he would sacrifice, he would sacrifice Garibaldi if that had to happen for the future to turn out, right. So I think we know that about him. But I definitely think there's an element of this setup that really does feel like it's just playing as in, you're my best you're my best friend, I care about you, so much, I don't want you to, and then he straight up says it. He's like, if you would have come with me, you wouldn't have gotten off of it. You would not have gotten off of battle and battle, And for think.
Speaker 3: I think it's too promped. I think it is definitely you're my best friend. I want to save you, but also you're my best friend, and I know how you'll act because in the flashback, he's like, what was happening. It's like this, I set the reactor.
Speaker 1: This is happening.
Speaker 3: I'm He's like, he's like really excited to go out in a blaze of glory. I think that he's like Garribaldi is probably going to go out in a blaze of glory no matter what happens. Like if we bring him, he's either going to set off the reactor. He's going to sacrifice himself, like that's just who he is. Well, so I want to see him and also prevent the reactor from being set off prematurely, which results in the bad future. That you need to have him there because I think he's just like, oh, he's going to just do that, even if it's with the best intentions. Garibaldi is going to cause the reaction that leads to the bad future.
Speaker 5: Kis I Actually, I'm pretty sure guy could be wrong about this, but that flash forward is probably from this same timeline that Evanava is in, right, So it's that's a that's a flash forward that's happening on Babylon five.
Speaker 4: It's not happening on Babylon four.
Speaker 5: The reason, the actual, like literal physical reason that he doesn't want uh Garibaldi to be on Babylon four is something that we will see next episode. Jeff is going to age, just like he's going to become old. Ask Jeff because he's been through the Time Rift twice and he's the only one who has been through it twice. If Garibaldi came, he would be going through through a second time. And he's like, well, I'm willing to risk my own health and sacrifice some years of my life. I'm not willing to risk any of Garibaldi's. So that's like, it's it's that's why he just doesn't want Garibaldi to age another thirty years or whatever. So yeah, I was I thought maybe because Gus was such a big fan or big like, I don't know, he was a big proponent of old ash that he would make that connection, but he didn't.
Speaker 4: And but I literally didn't think it would be that confusing a question.
Speaker 7: So but I also I do think I think it is a little bit because it's to me, the reason is exactly the same. It is it is Jeff caring about his friend and not wanting his friend to either be sacrificed or go through the ages twice or whatever. And it's really just a there isn't I think where Gus was like, wait a minute, you're telling me there's something else is like suddenly they were like what's the plot point? And like rapa, Like you're saying, like, yes, part of it is Garibaldi will behave in a way that's probably going to make things more complicated, so let's just leave him out of the equation. But it isn't so much like if if Garibaldi is on this, then this won't happen, and that happens in this and this and this, Like I think that the way when when you ask them, Gus was like, wait a minute, there's more to it than just caring about your friend not going through a thing, right, And yeah, And so I mean, but I also don't know that they men necessarily would have made the leap of like going through it twice is going to double age you.
Speaker 5: But yeah, you know, I just I was thinking he might make a connection because right now Jeff looks the same. He hasn't aged, he hasn't becomeforable as Jeff. So I was wondering if they would make that connection, But they haven't.
Speaker 7: You know what.
Speaker 4: Together.
Speaker 7: The other reason I don't think they're going to make that connection is that there's like we know Jeff goes forward backward in time. We just saw Bruce in the future when he looks a little older, like I mean, he's now in his mind, but he's then in his body, and then we've seen old Jeff. But we know that Jeff goes back and forth. So I think like even the idea that maybe Jeff goes back on Babylon for to stop the Membari a thousand years ago, but then he lives there for fifty years before he comes back to be old Jeff.
Speaker 4: You know what I mean, like they could think that's true.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I don't think it's cool that it's like it's a time rift that's causing the aging. It's going to be just like he just went through. He went through fifty years. They can be an actual timeline. Yeah, yeah, yeah, like Captain America coming back at the end of Endgame, which we all now have in ourz that guy. So like, oh, you can show up in the same timeline but be older than you were before because you went through the time.
Speaker 4: You know what I mean.
Speaker 7: I think that. I think it's not I don't think they're they're thinking about like what that, what that means, or how that could happen.
Speaker 4: Other notes that I have here.
Speaker 5: Ali is one hund right about every single wish that anybody makes to the genie comes true, every single one. Like if you said something off, his head gets cut off and put on a pike. That's that's Vera's wish. Everything Londo said to the point that even like Londo said, of what I wish is to be left alone, he is like he basically lives a very solitary life. But like and Jaikar's wishes all come true. Everybody's wish comes true.
Speaker 4: Ali's right on that do not do not talk to a genie is bad.
Speaker 3: Gosh, I'm so excited for the next episode. Are we to even reference the next episode.
Speaker 8: In this conversation.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, when when we get to finally get the culmination of the vision that Londo had of Jacar his hands around my neck squeezing yes, and why that actually is is one of my favorite like, like this is this is why Babylon five is such a great show. It's because a thing presented completely as it is and then completely reincontect your lize like seasons later you're like oh, and you're like, oh, it's actually beautiful in a weird way.
Speaker 5: I'm wondering if because we have been talking about this, Jenna, I've been talking about this for ages that Gus and Ali do not seem to remember that they've seen Jaikar missing an eye.
Speaker 4: If they've noticed it in the next episode, they'll.
Speaker 5: Be like oh, because they are so sure that they know what the eye they cannot see is, and they're like wrong, so wrong.
Speaker 4: I was.
Speaker 3: I was tempted, but I didn't want to throw a We're so close to the big moments that I didn't want to throw any wrenches. I don't want to be like other characters in Babylon five. What do you think they're doing in this during this episode they haven't seen them like Jaikar, what do you think he's up to?
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's around okay.
Speaker 5: Other notes, I took something offhand remark that Gus said as a joke the Friendly Spider Man goes to Satari Prime.
Speaker 4: Yes, yes he does. That was a joke, he said, But he totally does and it's bad.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 5: Another note I took Ali was talking about like I can't the way I wrote it, what if it's a potential future and we're fucking with it? And like Isio what if she he thinks that he's doing something but he's trying to prevent the future that's supposed to happen with Garibaldi, like he's kind of overthinking it. And that reminded me of something that happens in the future where Bruce overthinks things and basically he I can't remember exactly what it is, but he is told not to do something I think in the next episode, and then later on he does, like I think he's told not to do something, and then later on he does it because he thinks, what if the thing happened because I listened and didn't do it right, And like he over he overthinks it, and it basically causes a problem. So that just reminded me of that. Like you try and fuck with time, it just becomes it gets confusing.
Speaker 3: There's a very funny comedy sketch I saw a while back where it was like a guy like comes back from the future to talk to his future. I just like, Hey, I need to send you a message in the future. You're doing fine, just keep up whatever you're doing. It actually results being great.
Speaker 8: And it's just like, why would you tell me that?
Speaker 3: Now I'm gonna second guess everything, like it's just what I'm supposed to be saying. Oh damn, I didn't think of that.
Speaker 4: Oh, I just wanted to tell you something terrible. It's terrible.
Speaker 3: Differently, I did well when I did.
Speaker 7: Teachers still have kids write that letter at the beginning of school year. What would you tell your eighth grade self? What would you tell you now that you're in eighth grade? What would you have told your sixth grade self? Like write that letter? And I'm like, no, you know.
Speaker 5: The only other note that I wrote down here, I think yeah, is Catherine, And Gus is right that Catherine is in.
Speaker 4: The book that basically is about Jeff's time on Minbar.
Speaker 5: I had thought initially that I was going to tell them about that. He seems to know about it.
Speaker 4: I don't know how. Maybe I mentioned it, but I don't think I did.
Speaker 5: I think, okay, a long time ago, but I don't necessarily want to bring up or tell them what happened with Catherine specifically in that book, because her name comes up, I think in season four, and it comes up as it like a throwaway line. I think Gary Baldi says it that Catherine has disappeared, and that is what happens in the book. Basically the book ends kind of with this Catherine has disappeared, and it is heavily implied, although it's never said that she disappeared in the rift and is back in time with Jeff and they literally happily ever after because she like went looking for him. I think I can't remember, it's been like a year since I read the book, but that's it's heavily implied that she went back in time and lived out her life with Jeff in the past.
Speaker 7: Well that's interesting because JMS says, did you read he wrote? In JMS speaks? Okay, so in JMA Speaks he says he's talking about As for Sinclair, this is what I read earlier. As for Sinclair, he was mainly involved with Sekai. The next thing he says is Sakai certainly wouldn't have wanted to get tied down to life on Minbar, and Sinclair knew that his life would be difficult now with the Rangers, so they parted ways like that's what he was saying here at this time and place, And then later that book got written and he was like, never mind, they can be together in the past.
Speaker 4: Yeah exactly.
Speaker 5: I think the book has like he thinks of the book as canon, but I don't think it had been written at this point.
Speaker 7: So no, yeah exactly, I don't think so, And I don't think he really gave it that much thought. The other thing he said, oh go ahead, God.
Speaker 4: I would say, why would you have given it much thought?
Speaker 7: Like yeah, yeah, yeah, exactly exactly. At this point he was just like writing something off for her, And then probably JMS being JMS, was like, actually, especially, I'm sure the book probably wasn't written until we get into season four. I have and he's like, oh, let me figure it out, yeah, like where did she go? Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, But then he's also talking, oh sorry, he just does this thing about Sheridan. Sheridan wasn't a backup for Sinclair. He was brought in specifically because I needed someone who could and would do things in a different way and had a different arc. If it was going to track one to one, you would need you wouldn't need a new character. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, this is part of like what I was saying before about him, sort of heavily implying that this was always intentional, right, yeah, right, which it wasn't, but it feels, especially at the end of this episode, everything feels so fucking intentional, like yeah, yeah, but he also does.
Speaker 3: He's built in trap doors for all his characters exactly exactly.
Speaker 7: You're having the trap doors in there, and then you can still but you can still have you can still have the I mean, I talk about this all the time. This is such a mean thing to say, but we're talking about episode one earlier. And when episode one came out, I loved it, by the way, even though I fell asleep in that first one, I was like, it's amazing. And we went to dinner and people were bagging out and I was like, shut up, you're all wrong. And then later I was like, Okay, maybe, but somebody at the time described to me that they were like George Lucas was like a child drawing a circle. He started here, but when he got right all the way around, he didn't. He couldn't. Like, yeah, the on the you're like, you know, you're stuck with what you've got. You're like, shit, it doesn't it doesn't line up. And they use that analogy here because somebody says something about him, like the time thing, and was it all was it all figured out that he did know where, like how everything would loop back around? I can't find it. It's there's a lot in JMS speaking.
Speaker 4: And it's a huge one. It's a very huge one.
Speaker 7: So did you work out the circular sequence of events as you went or was it all mapped out beforehand? No, it all has to hang together or it's kind of useless. It just required working out the details of what was, is and will be. And then I walked on water.
Speaker 5: Yeah, basically a leap of faith whatever however you want to warn it. But like, it is amazing to be how well it works considering that he obviously, I mean, we know what his original plan was and this was not it Like every Babylon four was going to go to the future and Delenn and him We're going to have like a magic baby.
Speaker 4: And it was like, it's very very, very different story, and yet this is what we got, And I think what we got is better.
Speaker 5: I granted, I do have to remind myself that, you know, what I know of the original plan. I know of his point four notes, not as a story, right, so it's maybe if it was a story, it would be really good, but his point form notes. Looking at them, I'm like, oh, what we got is so much better.
Speaker 4: So you know, I don't know.
Speaker 7: And them going to the future and having a baby, I mean, we know. JMS, you know, like me also writes the animation in comics, and there's i mean, the Days of Future Past storyline in X Men is from the early eighties. He was very familiar with that. I'm sure how could he not be at this time, I mean, he was writing Spider Man, he was writing in Marvel, so like, you know, it's not like he wasn't especially.
Speaker 3: Even like transferring consciousness versus like the actual entity entirely.
Speaker 7: Yeah, so I do think that there's yeah, exactly, So I just think that there's it doesn't surprise me, saying that he's not Robert Jordan, who's gonna be like, you figured it out, I'm changing it. He didn't, but he was like, oh wait, here's a better and more elegant way to tell the story. I'm still trying to tell.
Speaker 3: Writers do that because it's like, all of the isn't the point of the story. The story is the point.
Speaker 5: Yes, I mean I've said this before, but I feel like the world, like writers, a lot of writers learned the wrong lesson from Game of Thrones, which is like, oh, surprising everybody is the most important thing.
Speaker 4: It's like, right, No, that the reason that ned the spoilers for Game of Thrones.
Speaker 5: But the reason that worked is because it was inevitable, and all of us, because we've read so many stories, we were thinking, how are they going to under like make this a thing that is obvious and inevitable, Like it was shocking because every other story has done the opposite.
Speaker 4: But the story made.
Speaker 3: Sense and it was able to continue on because the story.
Speaker 5: Makes sense exactly. Just surprising me for the sake of surprising me just pisses me off.
Speaker 4: The story It makes sense, please, It's like.
Speaker 3: It's like jump scares. I've always thought jump scares are like the comedy equivalent of the stand up getting off a stage and tick you. It's just like you're getting a reaction. But like, I don't, I'm not thinking about the well crafted joke, right.
Speaker 4: Imagine a comedy show jumps off stage.
Speaker 7: I was in a show recently. I was sitting in the front row at a very small venue, which I just don't always recommend unless you really know who the headliners are. And uh, there was somebody who was very physical and sweaty and spitty. Oh let me just say, let me just say. It was the equivalent of someone jumping off, jumping off the stage and tickling me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, that's no.
Speaker 7: I know who's I know who's in the set before you choose the front row.
Speaker 3: Yeah, those splash guards.
Speaker 5: Yeah, wow, oh my lord, Okay, other things that's going on in this episode, I don't, I don't know.
Speaker 7: I mean, it's just there's so much set up. There's so much set up. But like I mean, and not again, like we can spoil whatever we want here for sure, But it is like, you know, I mean, asking Ali and Gus to make make leaps. I mean, I you know, it's just fun to watch them squirm and have to wait two days to have to say and.
Speaker 4: It is only two days. Understand, I am not evil and it was not my choice. I did not in any way.
Speaker 5: Everybody in my discord server has been like breaking me over the coals for doing I know.
Speaker 7: I know, and I don't want to. I don't want to. I'm not gonna, okay, I'm not going to give them fodder, but I might give them a little bit of fodder. I do want to say that you were I mean, it is the middle of the night for you, so like doing a six hour a set tonight would have been really brutal a after you had a long week and B and then also you know, but Gus was like, are we going to do too? And you were like, if you want to.
Speaker 4: That's what I meant. I didn't think it was a text you were need tone to.
Speaker 3: Musical text.
Speaker 5: Yes, I just said if you want to. And then you said we could do one and one on Monday, and I said, don't go.
Speaker 4: I mean, okay, I might.
Speaker 7: I may have added the we could do one today and one on Monday, because I was like, oh, maybe they should suffer a little bit. I think I might have statistically put that in there.
Speaker 4: See everybody that's gen that's evil Jen, it was me.
Speaker 8: It was me in the generation. You know who to go after?
Speaker 7: That's right, that's right.
Speaker 3: Hmm, generation versus generation. I'm still I'm still workshopping.
Speaker 7: I had I had a pilot. I had a pilot. I had a pilot called uh uh, I can't know, I can't remember it, but it was. It was about a character named Jhen who's in between the generations. That's a good plan.
Speaker 4: Words.
Speaker 5: I was just gonna say, I thought we decided that fans of my channel were just called lesbians. If you watch my channel, you're a lesbian. That's just the congratulations, Yes exactly.
Speaker 4: I was about to say something really dirty and I'll just leave that one. So do you guys have any further final thoughts?
Speaker 3: Honestly, I'm just I mean, I'm just really excited to see the reaction of the next episode, Like when the with the Velin confirmation, with the reveal of like oh old Londo and old Jakar, like all, like there's there's so much full circle loveliness that is, like I forgot where this episode ended and I was at least hoping we got to like the choking and I was like, no.
Speaker 5: Time, it just ends like in the middle, because I think in the UK, this showed is like one episode because the UK they really like like the last two parter, it's the same, or it just sort of sponts it doesn't like end at a natural ending spot, because.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the British do love to do that with their sci fi and I it hurts, but I also love it because it does build anticipation.
Speaker 4: Yeah it does.
Speaker 7: I mean, and you know it is. It's not like a cliffhanger up ending. It's a what's next yea, or on the next let's take the first step into the next section. But the other thing is that this also feels like where we are in this series, like in the same the same way, because they're they're just showing us everything here and we have two and a half seasons left, like you know, or one seasons left. Sorry when I have seasons left, but they're they're showing is no two and a half, four and five? Yeah, I can't. I can math can math? I just became an honorary lesbian.
Speaker 5: Math because I'm a gay and we don't know except what I was about to do but right right there the exception to the rulan.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I guess that's true. That's true. Anyway, I was just going to say that, like they're showing us all the ending and yet the gift now is how do we get there?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 7: It's really fun, It's really it's cool.
Speaker 3: It's like it's almost like doing like a maze on the back of a cereal box. At least how I did them was I would start with the beginning and the end, and I'll try to work.
Speaker 7: Yes, interesting, I love that.
Speaker 4: Interesting, that's cool.
Speaker 7: That is cool.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I know this is the writing on this show man. It's so good. This is this is peak. This is peak, like this is I can't.
Speaker 8: Okay JMS more like JM yes, oh.
Speaker 4: Wow, oh my god. Well yes, if you like this, you might want to see your reaction. It's up on YouTube.
Speaker 5: You could get the unedited version, which is up on Thank You, Thank You, patri. It is almost four am up on patreons and I get early access AD free version of the audio podcast.
Speaker 4: Access to a super secret channel and discord. It's super secret, so we don't tell anybody.
Speaker 7: Wrap up.
Speaker 4: You don't know about it.
Speaker 5: Don't tell anybody, Okay, do not be like Sathrisks, do not tell anyone.
Speaker 3: I'll be nice, nice and and quiet about it.
Speaker 5: Yeah it's fine, right yeah, yeah exactly.
Speaker 3: And also order to get in yet to see if you're say, if your team pouch your team tentacle.
Speaker 4: That's right, that's right, yes a march that reminded me. Thank you. The other thing was we got merch.
Speaker 5: You can check on the merch store and get like our big Tentacle energy shirt because you know it's important.
Speaker 11: Uh.
Speaker 4: I think that's it. So yeah, like a subscribed, great review, do all the stuff and we'll see you for
Speaker 2: Bye bye