Speaker 1: It's NIC's eyes, Dan rayas Boston's News Radio.
Speaker 2: Hi, folks, I don't do it a lot, but I'm doing it tonight. Light them up.
Speaker 3: Six, one, seven, two, five, four, ten thirty. What do you want to see in the debate? September tenth. That's the big news today that the former president Donald Trump will be debating the vice president Kamala Harris.
Speaker 2: It's going to take place in Philadelphia. It will be on NBC.
Speaker 3: Excuse me, ABC, Sorry, David, you're uh ABC at nine o'clock. And so far, what we know here are the rules, and the Trump campaign has agreed to these, agreed to the rules that we saw in the previous debate with Biden. Mike's will only be opened when a candidate is addressing a question post to them, So it's not going to be open Mike's the whole time, which I think is boring quite frankly. Furthermore, there'll be no studio audience at least that's the way it was. You got to have a studio audience. You got to have some energy in the room. That's what I think. You got to have some energy in the room. Now, I think this is pretty interesting. Should a candidate be able to confer with campaign staffers during commercial breaks.
Speaker 2: I'm not so. I don't know about that.
Speaker 3: I mean, in football sports analogy, you have huddles, you have timeouts. Should a consultant during your commercial break go over to you former President Trump or Vice President Harris and make a comment, help them out with something, give them some information.
Speaker 2: Should they be able to do that? I don't think so. I would say no to that.
Speaker 3: I don't know if it really matters, because they would just be talking to them about a question that they've already screwed up or handled. So I may be a too little, too late. The problem with keeping the mics open the whole time is that our politicians have become children, and Trump is the worst at it now. His people do not want open mics. They want the president Trump speaks, the Vice President Harris speaks, and back and forth, and everybody's polite. That's not a debate, it's really not. That's not a debate. A debate is what. It's debating ideas. It's having passionate discussion about a topic, which means you should be able to talk over one another.
Speaker 2: And you know what.
Speaker 3: If it gets too out of hand, then the moderator has to step in, bring out a gong, bring out a buzzer, I don't know, and just tell people to shut up and let the other person finish. As simple as that. But a debate needs to be passionate. It needs to be an exchange of ideas. It needs to be volleys back and forth. Now like your turn to talk might turn to talk.
Speaker 2: That's what I think.
Speaker 3: But the problem is is that they're not mature enough to handle it, to have the decorum, and it's more entertaining to watch.
Speaker 2: Quite frankly, I.
Speaker 3: Think Harris Harris needs to keep it simple in this debate. I think Harris is gonna win, and I'm not endorsing her. I just think that the brat the young people are going to push her over the top. And there are some people that are just gonna say I can't vote for Trump because I.
Speaker 2: Think he's a despicable human being.
Speaker 3: I think there are even people that want to vote for their pocketbook that would rather go with Trump because they think he can do better with the economy. But like I said to Sam, look if they drop interest rates before for the election, doesn't matter who's president. I mean, it all depends on when they drop the interest rates and when the Fed wants to stimulate the economy and get it going again as opposed to slow it down. We've talked about that a million times six, one, seven, two, five, four, ten thirty. What do you want to see in the debate? What rules do you want to see? Let's grab Wendy and Marlborough. Wendy, thank you for calling on night side.
Speaker 4: How are you good?
Speaker 5: How you doing?
Speaker 2: I'm good? What's on your mind?
Speaker 5: I agree with you. I think the debate is after the audience and people are talking over each other, because you're right, if it's just two people talking, it's going to be boring for me to sleep now, So you know, I think that it said who's to be that this is? Have the audience, and they said allow the people to talk over each other because it is a debate. You're right, So and.
Speaker 2: Wendy, I think that it.
Speaker 3: You want to see how the politicians will react. You want to see how they react under pressure. I mean mean, you know Trump could lose as cool I think listen. I think Kamala I disagree with Sam. I think if she gets going, when she gets pissed, you know, she can get rolling.
Speaker 2: And that's the thing.
Speaker 3: I think the difference between her and Hillary is is secretary of State. Clinton was very cautious, She smiled a lot, she wanted to be liked, She tried to be polite, take the gloves off. And I think Harris can take the gloves off against Trump.
Speaker 2: I do, and I think that, yeah, I work to her advantage.
Speaker 5: I think Harris is gonna make misery out of him. I really do.
Speaker 6: Well.
Speaker 3: It is going to be musty TV. Thank you for the phone call, Wendy, and I appreciate it. Six one, seven, two, four, ten thirty. How do you feel about it? Do you want to have open mics, bring out the gloves, let him go, exchange of ideas. I did just see something pop up on CNN where she is going to release an economic policy and that should be interesting to see because that isn't something that she has.
Speaker 2: Discussed a lot.
Speaker 3: I don't this, and Sam's my guy, but I don't know that because she doesn't do well exteporaneously, she doesn't speak with confidence on some issues. I don't think that that's going to make her a bad president. You know what you're getting with Trump? You know that's really what it comes down to, right, you know what you're getting. You're getting a guy who is just basically concerned about himself. That may help the economy. Again, he was fortunate the economy was going great when he was president. When Biden came in, inflation spiked, then it came back down. But I don't you know, I think if you're looking for tax breaks, Harris is the one that's putting that for worth. For four thousand dollars for a child per child in your family, that can make a difference with some families, no doubt about it. You know, when Trump was talking about tax breaks, it was for people making three hundred, four hundred thousand dollars. It's not exactly helping out the middle class. You know who Donald Trump is, You know what he is. You know what it's going to be like. He tried to overthrow the government.
Speaker 2: For God's sakes.
Speaker 3: What you know what the four years will be like with Trumps president. You don't know what the four years under Harris would be like.
Speaker 2: You don't know. You don't.
Speaker 3: She could, it could if the economy's going great. She'll go down in history as a great president. It's always about the pocketbook and if they dropped the interest rates before the election, it could work for her. And you're off and running. And as I said, legacies and aid by occurrences, by tragedies, by controversies, by issues, how you handled something. Would we care about Abraham Lincoln if there was no Civil war and ending slavery? Would we care about John Kennedy and the Cuban missile crisis? Would we care about George W. Bush with the way that he handled the attack on the towers in New York?
Speaker 2: She could have her moment. We don't know what she will do. We know what Trump will do.
Speaker 3: Calls coming up next on w b Z six one, seven, two, five, four ten thirty. Uh, Dana and now you guys stick around what I know what you think? Next on Nightside, Gary Tangway for Dan ray Now.
Speaker 1: Back to Dan Ray Live from the Window World night Side Studios on WBZ.
Speaker 3: News Radio by Gary for Dan ray Tonight six one, seven, two, five, four, ten thirty.
Speaker 2: We get data in Wooster.
Speaker 3: We're talking about the Presidents of debate coming up on the tenth, which I cannot wait to see. I think it's going to be phenomenal television. Half of me wants just an absolute bleep show. You know, let's go all Jerry Springer, throwing chairs, just going bananas. And then the other half is can we be growing up about this? I'm struggling data in Worcester, Europe on WBC's Night Side.
Speaker 1: How are you good?
Speaker 7: How are you? Honestly? I just think that like Kamala and Trump, like you said, you know what you get when you get Trump right, But with Kamala, I really do believe that she can put him in his place. But she can do it eloquently. She doesn't need to bash anybody or belinna anybody. It's becoming a piston match and it's embarrassing. So now, of course there's rules and regulations because even though you know what you get with Trump, you kind of don't either. Well the end of the day, At the end of the day, everybody's making fun of each other and they're forgetting about the actual meeting of the whole debate process. You want to get to know your opponents, you want to make sure that like you're fine working with each other or without each other, But it's you have to actually why in a mic and not have an audience, and it's disgusting and quite frankly, it's embarrassing.
Speaker 2: Dan, No, you're absolutely.
Speaker 7: I think Kamala should have a chance to put his ass at his place. Well, you just do it in a way that would probably people would look up to her, just simply because he's not bashing her or calling anybody any other stupid names. Is making it into something that it's not. It's pretty awful that we have to live in today's society living like this.
Speaker 8: Pet of it.
Speaker 2: I could not agree with you more. I could not agree with you more.
Speaker 7: Thank you for taking my bumfa. That's all I really want to say.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm glad you call it. I appreciate it. Yeah, all right, thank you, Dan, I appreciate that. Okay, six one, seven, four, ten thirty.
Speaker 3: She's right, and most of Americans feel that way, they really do. Can we be presidential again? Can we have some decorum? Can we have a debate and an exchange of ideas. Can we see how one candidate reacts to the other, how they handle the stress? Can they think on their feet? But it becomes the Jerry Springer show. And we all know Trump just makes stuff up. Me just makes it up. That's what he does. If Kamala spoke as confidently as Trump does. She should smell them. But she's not great on her feet. She's not. But again, I think we're voting for the unknown. You know what you're getting with Donald Trump. You don't know what you're getting with Vice President Harris. You don't and you can't base it. She's not Biden, Okay, she's not. You know how she feels about reproductive rights, that's obvious. You know what you're getting with that. She's come out. She's pro middle class. She wants to offer tax breaks to the middle class based on the amount of kids they have, four thousand dollars per child, which can make it. Listen, that can help out a household. So you understand that. But how does she.
Speaker 2: Work under pressure? How does she work.
Speaker 3: When she's sitting across the table from other leaders around the world. How will she handled that? We don't know, But we do know that history tells us that presidents in the past that have had that same question rise to the occasion. Trump just doesn't want to talk to anybody. He wants to be an isolationist. He wants to take his ball and go home.
Speaker 2: That's not going to work. Alan Saugus Heal you're up on WBC.
Speaker 9: Well, you think giving up our constitution for globalist is going to work?
Speaker 2: Explain? I don't understand.
Speaker 9: The globalists don't want us to have a US constitution. They don't want a constitutional government. You know the World Economic Forum places like that in NATO that doesn't pay there. Do you like NATO paying.
Speaker 6: Their fair share?
Speaker 9: Or we got to be suckers for NATO some more.
Speaker 3: Well, the fact is, if you belong to NATO, you have a chip, you have leverage. And because you're the big brother in NATO and people don't pay their share, that means they owe you, and that has worked for us in the past.
Speaker 2: That means they owe you.
Speaker 9: What's that NATO should have disbanded when the Soviet Union, when Russia broke up, That's what NATO should have disappeared.
Speaker 6: It was no longer necessary. But that's another story.
Speaker 2: Well, I wouldn't know why you're worried now.
Speaker 3: I think it's necessary now when you look at what that nut job Putin's doing.
Speaker 9: Oh but it was only a minor incursion, and Biden let it go and then it blew up in his face and a million people died, and Biden denied the Minsk agreement. There could have had a treaty a couple of weeks into that, and Biden said, don't you dare because there Maggie's a warmonger making money off of it, making money off of that war and a million people died, they could have had a peace treaty.
Speaker 2: I'm not so sure about that one, all right.
Speaker 9: But let me go back to the mute. Why do you want a Jerry It's kind of disgusting that you you joke a little that you want a Jerry Springer thing. People's lives here matter, and everyone's livelihood, and I want it to be muted because she's gonna play the woman victim.
Speaker 6: She just like you said earlier.
Speaker 10: She's going to bait them.
Speaker 9: And what do you need people interrupted each other for? Like I just talked over you a minute ago. We don't need that's that's each person's state stand and deliver, and you don't need someone going, oh.
Speaker 10: Let me fin as you didn't let me finn as you're.
Speaker 9: Talking your man speaking to me. I could see it play out so much. I'm so glad they're muting it. And I hope they'd muted with no need people talking over each other and that woman Dana that call want to put him in his place, and some of the derogatory, vulgar words she used about a contest. I couldn't believe that even went over the air of vulgar.
Speaker 3: Well, I will tell you this that the rules may change, and they may open up the mics. But as they stand right now, they're each going to have their turn and speak. But I like to see how people react under pressure. I think, quite frankly, it would work for Trump if the mics were open and he was the adult in the room, if he refrained from the ridiculous, childish remarks, if he didn't see things question whether she was actually African American or not. I mean, if he just if he played the If the mics were open and Trump played the adult.
Speaker 2: In the room, it would be a huge advantage for him.
Speaker 6: All he has to say is, hey, come on, do you get fries with that? Oh? Waitmen, you didn't work at McDonald's. Oh okay, a phone call, buddy.
Speaker 2: All right, let's go to Daryl and new Bruns or Daryl you're up on WBZ.
Speaker 10: Hey, Larry Bardner, how's it going.
Speaker 2: I'm doing great part?
Speaker 10: Now are you I'm actually listening and actually appreciating the conversation what you're having. Thank you, because uh, at the same time, what we're looking for is credibility, and you're talking about having an open mic. I am sure that most people would support that because that way and if you remember an old Tom Cruise movie with Jack Nichols, Jack Nicholson, Yes, a few good men, Yes, sir, and therefore it's a As a veteran, I served in Mogadishu with American service members as well as other people.
Speaker 2: Thank you for your service? Are you?
Speaker 10: Are you?
Speaker 2: Are you? You're calling for New.
Speaker 10: Brunswick you I'm Canadian veteran, yes.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, well well nonetheless you're our neighbor and thank you.
Speaker 10: For your service and we're on the same team, no doubt. But at the same time, if people can actually see how people react to what most people are wanting to see how they act under pressure and open Mike to see if you actually get what you think you're getting.
Speaker 2: Right, we need less scripted? Yes, that's yes, Darryl. You just said it.
Speaker 3: You want to see if you if you actually get what you think you're getting.
Speaker 10: Yes, yes, And the kicker is is so I can say I'm biased for anything. I'm totally neutral because with me being Canadian, when we had a hurricane Andrew Go three years ago, my buddy and I flew down with our engineers to help rebuild school in Dade County and we didn't actually get our paperwork. We paid it own way.
Speaker 2: Oh thank you, wow, very nice of you.
Speaker 10: So that's the support you guys have from Canadians.
Speaker 3: Okay, well we appreciated there on the Bronswick's a great place.
Speaker 2: Love it.
Speaker 10: You take care and hey make sure everybody's said right.
Speaker 2: Okay, kid, thank you for the phone call.
Speaker 3: Six seven thirty open phones between now and twelve midnight tonight, Gary Tagway and for Dan Ray. And this is WBC's Night Side coming up with the tenth. It was announced today the Presidents of debate will take place between Vice President Harris and former President Donald Trump. It'll be in Philadelphia. ABC will have it, and the rules have been established. No audience, The mics will be closed when the other candidate is speaking, they cannot confer, they cannot get help when they're in a commercial break at any time. They'll just simply have a glass of water, no pad, and a pencil and that's it. That part is fine with me. I mean, you can let them have two glasses of water. I think, you know, that's if needed. But the more I think about it, if Donald Trump just shows that he's the adult in the room and Vice President Harris this is her composure, that might be the play for him, and he might get someone decided to go his way because they feel that he's better for the economy, or at least he has experience of being in the Oval office. Does that weigh into this at all with anybody? Of course, he did try to overthrow the government.
Speaker 2: But forget about it. Let's go to Steve. Steve's coming in from Merrimack in New Hampshire, coming in hot, Steve, You're next on WVZ. Hey Gary, I'm good.
Speaker 6: What's any money good? You know.
Speaker 11: I watched the Interruption.
Speaker 6: Debate on October twenty ninth, twenty twenty, and it was very difficult to watch. I think Chris Wallace, I don't think he would ever do a debate after that one. He was not too happy, as you may recall. I think that, you know, I know, you want to see more energy in the debate, but I really believe that, you know, you've got to have some decorum, and you know, people need to, you know, have some respect for one another. And right now, I don't think that Trump is going to do anything different than he did. Then I'd like to see them talk about the economy and issues that really matter to the American people and what they plan to do about it. Right now, I think that's the number one issue that people are concerned about, the inflation and the prices that have gone up in the last four years. You know, really, Harris is going to have to defend Biden's policies. I'm not sure if she can because they spend all that money in twenty one caused the inflation to go up. People that are on fixed incomes are hurting big time, and they don't seem to care. So I'm just going to say, I think we're going to have to see a debate where you know, it doesn't get into personalities and you know, name calling and the thing that Trump does. And you know, I have problems with both candidates actually, but Trump is he will probably make the country better if he were to win. I'm not sure he can win because I don't think he can keep his mind shut well, that's.
Speaker 2: Just the look.
Speaker 10: For me.
Speaker 3: If January sixth had not happened at the White House, if the president at the time, Donald Trump, had stepped in and said stop it, you know, I could sit here and go all right, you know, yeah, I could make a case for the guy. That's what really worries me, how that whole he could have stopped it, and how that went down and people lost their lives with that, and the vice president was being chased through the hallways of Congress, and I just.
Speaker 2: I just can't handle that. But you're right. You want to hear about the issues.
Speaker 3: You want to hear about, you know, jobs, you want to hear about lowering interest rates, you want to hear about I mean.
Speaker 2: Right now, it's crazy.
Speaker 3: I mean, as a year, as a parent, I sit here and I go to send a kid to college, people want ninety thousand dollars a year.
Speaker 2: It's erics, It's ridiculous.
Speaker 3: And then and then this is my problem with the Biden administration, that they go out and look, I've paid for my kids college. I'm fortunate and I can. But then they go out and they forgive loans. I'm like what, And I know it's the interest on the loans and so forth, and it's it's not as much as one would think.
Speaker 2: I don't care. I don't care. To me.
Speaker 3: You got to you got to go after the universities and you got to lower the price of college. And I know that sounds communist and it's socialists and so forth, but I don't need the government paying for other people's student education when I have to pay for mine.
Speaker 2: So I hear you, man, I get your frustration with that.
Speaker 6: You know, on the forgiveness issue. The one thing they never finish is who is going to pay for it. It's the American tax. Here we are people, and.
Speaker 2: I paid for that college.
Speaker 8: Yes, I know, what.
Speaker 6: If you didn't go to college, what if you already paid out your student loan? You know, why would you want to pay it for somebody else that you don't even know? And if you're going to do it, then you should be able to tell them what kind of curriculum they're going to take. And they don't. I mean, be a plumber, you know, be an electrician, you'll make a lot more money.
Speaker 8: Though.
Speaker 3: I got to tell Sive, I've had this discussion with people, and you are absolutely right.
Speaker 2: The trade schools are doing well.
Speaker 3: Students are saying, I'm not going to pay for four years of a university or a college and being debt for two hundred and fifty thousand dollars or three hundred thousand dollars. But I'm interested in the trades, and I go become an electrician or a plumber, and I don't know if it's one year or two years, but I'm not in debt. And I go out and start a business, and I'm rocking and rolling because I know I can't do anything with a faucet and I certainly can't do anything with an outlet. So I call guys, I call people, and they come to my house. You're absolutely right, the trades or not. The trades are not promoted enough, There's no question.
Speaker 6: But my phoner makes over three hundred thousand a year and the only reason he doesn't make more than that is because he doesn't want to work weekends.
Speaker 2: There you go, buddy, you know, And that's what I mean.
Speaker 6: So all I can say is I think we're in a lot of trouble with no matter who wins, I have problems with both candidates, and I just don't think that you know, we're going to have the same acrimony, the same problems we've had no matter who wins. And I and I don't think that Kamala Harris is even remotely qualified to be president. You know, she is not a genuine person at all. And then you got Trump that just you know, he just can't keep his mard shut. If he just shut up, he'd probably win. If he had picked Nikki Haley instead of J. D. Vans, he would have been much better off.
Speaker 3: I think, Steve, I think you made a very good point. That's an and I thought he was going to pick her. I thought he I thought he was going to pick her.
Speaker 2: And you're right.
Speaker 6: He's very smart.
Speaker 2: You're right.
Speaker 6: And I've met her. I met her one time when she was running, and she's a very smart woman. She's no drama. She's got a nice husband. We don't want I want somebody younger, without drama. I'm tired of the drama. The pressell love it, but I don't want to hear it. I want to hear we're more worried about the personalities than we are about the future of the country.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, it's a reality It's a freaking reality show, Steve.
Speaker 2: I agree, with you one and.
Speaker 6: She's got her independent Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well look she's not. She does not have the qualifications to be president. She doesn't not at all, not even close, not even close. And she and Biden, he I don't even know. I don't think he knows what year he's living in. My age is age caught up with Joe. He should have been running sooner than he did.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 2: And I'm not going to attack the guy for that, because it's going to happen.
Speaker 6: Well anyway, I just good, good topic. Good know, I like listening to and uh, you know, like I said, that's just the way I look at it. I'm everybody I talked to you they agree that we don't really like the candidates that are out there. Nobody gets excited. You know. I was at the Labor Day parade in Milford, New Hampshire, uh, yesterday, and nobody was getting all excited about those candidates that were walking on the parade. They were it wasn't they were there, but it was mostly the people in the parade that were cheering themselves on.
Speaker 2: They are.
Speaker 3: No doubt, she's not qualified and the only qualification for him is that he was elected once.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's it.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 2: I mean, you look at their resumes and you go, how are these how are these two people?
Speaker 8: What?
Speaker 10: You know?
Speaker 2: But anyways, I.
Speaker 6: It's it's getting real close, what seventy something days to go.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I think I think, I think that I think she's gonna win because I think they are going to be people. But there are people who are voting that have not voted in the past, and they're going to vote for her. All right, thank you, I appreciate the call. Let's go to Brian real quick. Brian, you're up on wbside.
Speaker 4: Hi, Yes, this is Brian from Franklin. Thanks for taking my call. I wanted to weigh in on like the upcoming election and why I think Donald Trump's is still the right choice for our country. I know that in Massachusetts Trump might not be the most popular figure, but I believe that he's a leader that we need now, especially when it comes to fixing the economy, standing up for American workers. And we had the strongest economy in modern history under him. Unemployment was a record low, and we were thriving and we were seeing benefits, you know, but under this administration, like we're dealing with rising and plation gas prices going up, supplying shade issues, and it feels like we're taking like a step back. I believe that Trump's got the experience and track record to get us back on board with that and like to help him out, like with some of the points that he's been doing. It's like where you know, and Trump was about being energy independent, you know, making United States, uh stand up against China on trade and bring jobs back to the United States, like with natural gas. And then like the foreign policy under Trump, there was no you know, serious attacks in Iraq. I kept the military strong. And then you know, I get that everyone thinks that Trump's style isn't you know, up to par with them, But at the end of the day, results matter. You know, Trump delivered results, and he benefited everyday Americans, not just the rich the elite.
Speaker 3: How do you think I'm curious on that. How do you think he benefited every day Americans?
Speaker 4: Well, you know, when we were having the lower prices in the grocery stores, that was definitely a benefit. Plus pay has been going up, you know under him, my four oh one k was was much higher than before. And now I mean and so yeah, I just feel like that, you know, every day things. We were hearing the drama on the TV, but like life was just, you know, much better back when Trump was running the country, and.
Speaker 3: Like, yeah, well we also had COVID which wasn't great by I understand what you're saying, Brian, Thank you for the phone call. I appreciate your viewpoint. We have to take a break. We're gonna get to Jeffrey in New York. Coming up next on WBZ, Gary Tangway for Dan Ray. This is night Side.
Speaker 2: Don't go away.
Speaker 1: You're on Night Side with Dan Ray on WBZ, Boston's news radio, Gary Tagway for Dan Tonight, we've had a terrific show.
Speaker 3: We'd like to thank everybody for joining us and coming up tomorrow get a great show. Casey Sherman is going to be joining us.
Speaker 9: Uh A.
Speaker 3: Casey's writing a terrific story, Man behind bars, Still behind bars, professing his innocence, So that happens tomorrow night here on WBZ. Also jump Powers the great John Powers of the Boston Globe covering the Olympics again in Paris. And when we think of the Globe Sports section, we think of my friends Bob, Ryan, Dan Shaughnessy. He joined us tonight the late great Will McDonough, the late great Nick Cafardo, and just Larry Whiteside, Jackie McMullen, just a murderer's row of Peter Gammons of sports writers, and John Powers is right there with him. No one has covered the Olympics like him, and he was still out of this year in Paris. So we're going to talk to him about that and what we have to look forward to in Los Angeles.
Speaker 2: Listen, did Boston screw up? Could it have happened?
Speaker 8: Here?
Speaker 3: And my friend Toroy Champaign great documentary with Mickey Hart of The Grateful Dead talking about the rhythm of sports and the connection between music's and sports and it's it's a great film and it's on the ESPN Plus and it's so funny to have the Remember the Grateful Dead with a Celtics jacket on. The guy loves his music and he loves his sports, and there's a connection as far as he's concerned. So that's all coming up tomorrow night. Right here on WBC, Jeffrey in New York is chiming in on what he wants to see in the presidential debate on the tenth.
Speaker 2: Hey, Jeffrey you're on.
Speaker 11: Hey, hey, Gary, can you hear me?
Speaker 2: I can hear you, buddy.
Speaker 8: I'm nice and clear because I got my I'm plugged into a charger at in Newburgh right now.
Speaker 2: You're all good, buddy, I got you.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Well, I'm hoping to see what happened in the first Democratic debate in twenty twenty. I'm hoping to seek Tamala unleash her clause and do to Donald Trump what she did to Joe Biden.
Speaker 2: Oh, right, right, right, rights, good point. Right, Oh, that's excellent, excellent point. And I remember when that happened. I'm glad you brought that up because I remember what she did.
Speaker 8: I talked, Yeah, go ahead, sorry, I talked to I talked to her team. I talked to her advisors and asked them what happened, and they said they rained her in because he started stuttering, and Joe did because she did what.
Speaker 11: She does best.
Speaker 8: She prosecuted and Joe started stuttering. And her advice has told her, you can't do that again, you know, because nobody's going to look favorably on you beating up on an old man who used to stutter, who all of a sudden is stuttering again.
Speaker 11: All right, and she's a prosecutor.
Speaker 6: And I was with.
Speaker 8: Bill Wells's team actually in twenty twenty, and you know.
Speaker 11: And I was just like, okay, you know.
Speaker 8: I voted one against Donald Trump and two for Kamala.
Speaker 6: I mean, I've never liked Joe.
Speaker 8: Fifty years of get along, go along, get along, you know, change with the wind, right, you know, it wasn't my hope that you know, that he'd be you know, become infirm or anything.
Speaker 3: Well, Jeff, I have to ask you something. You brought up a great point of how she went after him in the debate. She also did very well on the Today Morning Show where she had a strong She started very strong, and then they reined her in and I thought they rained her in because they made a deal. They said, look, you're going to be the vice president if Biden wins. And I thought that was kind of the deal because I thought initially I thought Kamala was a real threat.
Speaker 2: And then she made some mistakes.
Speaker 3: And I think she got on her heels because of what you're talking about. And I think she got on her heels because because.
Speaker 8: She was absolutely told, she's absolutely told by her team to back off of it, right.
Speaker 2: Which was a mistake for her.
Speaker 3: But maybe they've viewed Okay, well we'll get in being a vice president and look, she's got a chance to be president anyway.
Speaker 2: I agree with you.
Speaker 3: I don't know how she's gonna I don't know how she's going to be as president. But she just needs to go at Trump, That's what I think, because she is a prosecutor and that's what she does best. I agree with you one hundred percent.
Speaker 8: Yeah. And his team is terrified of her.
Speaker 2: Actually, that's why they don't want to open mics.
Speaker 11: She was a damn good prosecutor.
Speaker 8: And you know when he starts babbling and under his breath the racist remox and he makes under his breath, right, and there's an open mic. Yeah, but uh, you know, and I've actually talked to a couple of her advisors recently, because Bill and I talked several times, uh after the first impeachment, Uh you know, and Bill was of the mind that he had committed treason with what he pulled with Ukraine.
Speaker 2: About Bill when you say Bill, Bill, well yeah, yeah.
Speaker 8: Uh who who also was a dynamite federal assistant attorney general who actually uh resigned because he couldn't work for ed Mease, who was a criminal. And uh that caused ed Meath to reach an agreement with Congress to step out of the office rather than be prosecuted. And you know, I talked to I talked to Bill shortly after January sixth, and I brought up the point that the president doesn't wear one hat. The president wears two hats. When the president's wears the oath of office, he's not only swearing the oath of office as a president, he's also swearing the oath of office as the commander in chief of all armed forces. Well, when the commander in chief gives an order, it's not like a few good men with Jack Nicholson and Tom Cruise at the end of the movie. The two guys are found not guilty, but they're still kicked out of the Marines because they could have refused the order. You cannot refuse an order from a commander in chief. We have five out of six active military that is still active military that have not been brought to trial for January sixth that entered the Capitol, and the five of them have already stated very clearly that their commander in chief gave them an order.
Speaker 3: There yeah, I hear you. I want to grab another call againt somebody in. But there's no doubt he endorsed it. He endorsed the attack. That's the thing is people could talk about the Jeff, I appreciate the call. You talk about the economy of the Trump. You talk about the fact that the that he has the experience that he actually was president, even though whether you think he was a good one or not. The January sixth just that's not supposed to happen in America period. That's why I'm out on the guy. That just hangs in my head. And people died because of it. People died because of it. We had these people just desecrating walking through Congress, chasing the vice president.
Speaker 2: Are you crazy?
Speaker 3: Furthermore, in any other country, the guards would have taken them all out. They just would have opened fire. Because we are humane society and a certain section of society that day did not behave that way. All right, Tim and Winthrop, Buddy, you're up on WBZ.
Speaker 12: They I'm with Dan Ray on this one. I'm a Donald Trump guy. The only reason him voting for him is because of the record he had with the inflation and the record he had with the with the heat and oil and I just don't think Harris is qualified to the president and she's not.
Speaker 2: But but Trump wasn't the first time around either, you.
Speaker 12: Know, Yeah, well he did. I think he did a good job by wallet.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean you're voting with your wallet, right, Yeah, I get it. Listen, I understand. Believe me.
Speaker 12: I get that Reagan guy from way back, and I met Reagan a long time ago.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, Reagan turned out to be a great president, but he wasn't a.
Speaker 12: Trump was wrong about the point. He says he had the greatest economy. Reagan had that, no question about his second term. But Trump's things and I have a lot of there's a lot of stuff on both sides that's crazy. But the vice president, she could have picked someone better than that who I really like.
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 12: I like Telsey Gabbott. And I think Gabbitt's gonna run in twenty eight against Vance on the Republican side and the Democratic side. I think it's going to be Newsome better. Hope that Harris loses because he's he's a loser. He's gonna pushed way back.
Speaker 2: You know, what about what about Pennsylvania.
Speaker 12: That's a Shapiro. Now, no, I don't think they're gonna look a Jewish guy. I'm Jewish myself, but I don't think they're gonna.
Speaker 3: I know it's part of that, it's part of the discussion. It's anti Semitism. It just it sucks.
Speaker 2: It shouldn't have anything to do with its horrible. It's it's it's a it's a it's a horrible truth. It's a horrible truth. It's it's it's terrible.
Speaker 12: But I'm voth for the lesser two evils.
Speaker 2: And Kamala question.
Speaker 12: Everybody bothers me, Gary. The most thing that bothers me is the the when she said price controls, and she should have whoever's advising he made a big mistake. I agree patrol did not work in Venezuela.
Speaker 3: Well, you price controls, you think communism, and you think, no, we want a free market.
Speaker 12: I guess they were saying that stopping shop, Heave and Safeway, the three big supermarkets. I was in Texas a while ago, and they're getting ready down there. I'm telling you around here, I asked politics, and people around Boston say, hate yourself. I go down south and go out west. Not California, but I go to Arizona and they say they're very friendly. But I noticed one thing. They have caravans of vans with guns, and I hate to see it with a civil war. I don't want that, you know what I mean? That would be horrible.
Speaker 2: You know that would be horrible. And Tim, thank you for the phone call, buddy. We appreciate the time. Going to take a quick break and wrap it up on nights Side on WBZ.
Speaker 1: Now back to Dan Way live from the Window World Place in Studios on WBZ News Radio.
Speaker 3: Oh, great job everybody. Marita Laros a terrific job putting this show together. Rob Brooks, thank you for keeping it together in Flying High tonight. I'd like to thank all my guests. They have been wonderful on the show this evening. Chris Pauer, the great Chris Pauer. You got to check him out on Heel. September fifteenth. Heels is coming out on Netflix. Samantha Gross joining us with the Boston Globe talking about the primaries that actually did take place today folks, believe it or not. And my good buddy Sam Metler, the Hollywood moderate and political expert. We always love talking politics with Sam. Coming up tomorrow night, Casey Sherman is going to be joining us. Casey's got another great cause out. I mean, he wrote the great book. He's written some terrific books as of late by Murder in Hollywood. If you haven't checked that out, make sure you get to check that out with involving a lot of Turner.
Speaker 2: But he's coming up on the show to mow all night.
Speaker 3: Also John Powers of the Boston Globe, Bundy Olympics, of my friend Tory Champagne. He's got a documentary I called Rhythm Masters. Thanks for listening. Tonight's side c Tomorrow night at eight o'clock on WBC, Boston's news radio