Speaker 1: La Joya Cosmetic Surgery Center is the place to go if you're looking to rejuvenate your appearance, tighten and shape your body, and just just something special for yourself. You deserve to look your very best.
Speaker 2: Lahoya Cosmetic Surgery Center offers over ninety procedures and treatments for a natural, youthful appearance. They are absolutely the best in the business. Try out their treatment planner at glamfam dot com. It's so easy and amazing to use.
Speaker 1: We can't say enough great things about their Board certified plastic surgeons. And guess what they offer flexible payment plans so you can start your journey to a better you right now.
Speaker 2: Free consultations too. The very best in the business is in our own backyard. How lucky are we?
Speaker 1: Make sure you tell them that Laura Kane after Dark sent you. We love everything about La Joya Cosmetic Surgery Center. Go to Glamfam dot com. Thank you Lahoya Cosmetic Surgery Center. We love you. Hello and happy Halloween. It's Thursday, Halloween. It's Halloween, my favorite. I think it's my favorite.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 1: Fourth of July might be my favorite holiday just because it brings back so many good memories For me as a child. But I also love Halloween.
Speaker 4: Fourth of July.
Speaker 1: Do you like Halloween?
Speaker 4: Halloween's my favorite. But fourth of July is a very feel good holiday, it sure is.
Speaker 1: And then you like Christmas?
Speaker 4: Right? I do I hate Halloween?
Speaker 1: You you do not? Like we need to remind you you do not hate Halloween. You have had a weird like shift in your thought.
Speaker 4: Process, like the last year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, two years. I don't know what happened. What happened?
Speaker 4: Who?
Speaker 1: Who are you?
Speaker 2: I've always hated I've always hated Halloween.
Speaker 4: You were my first. You were so pumped up for Halloween.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, you were sure, and you were excited to like dress up and everything.
Speaker 4: No, okay, I am excited to dress up in this though.
Speaker 1: Yes I'm giving this to uh to Eric after I wear it, because we wear the same size clothes. Yeah, all right, anyway, So I don't know what he's going to do with it. I don't want to know. I know, I don't want to know.
Speaker 2: Oh you'll see, Oh I will I hope.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. Okay, I have some really interesting Halloween stats that I'm going to pass along to you. We also have a game, which is scarier. It's kind of like would you rather? But it's like, which is we're going to call it? Which is scarier? And then I'm going to tell you about Friday Night. Friday Night? Should I just go right into it or should I give you no, I'm going to give you the scenario when we start playing the game, which is scarier? Because it's I I'm really curious to know your answer to this one specific question. Now, you were going to say something that you saw or was was scary? That is a good movie to watch?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's on Netflix and it's the new Sam Raimi movie.
Speaker 4: Who Did Evil Dead?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 2: Is it currently currently on Netflix? It just started on Friday and it's called Don't Move.
Speaker 1: And is there anybody in it that isn't a notable or is.
Speaker 4: It just so?
Speaker 2: No, it's I think she's pretty much an unknown. But it's about a serial killer that injects his victim with a narcotic that will shut her entire system down in twenty minutes, so she has twenty minutes to get away from him. Wow, Hey, and it looks really good.
Speaker 1: Have you guys ever experienced sleep paralysis? You know what that is?
Speaker 4: Yeah? I've never experienced it. Real quick Sam Raimi's not actually attached to that project.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yes, who is then?
Speaker 4: Oh it says his name, but he's not credited as anything. Oh he produced it. Okay, produced it? Okay.
Speaker 1: Sorry, by the way. Cute costume, little minion, thank you. I like the glasses and I love the hat in your little gloves.
Speaker 4: Thank you. I wish it had magnified his eyes, but I know it doesn't.
Speaker 1: I know those coke bottle glasses. Okay, So cue the fun Halloween music because this was a Halloween party that we had on Friday here at the house. Now, it was mainly Antonio's party because it was a poker slash Halloween costume party, and most of the people invited were people from his work because they love his poker parties. And he does it up like he has like he has like little going away gifts. He has a prize wheel. He has prizes that are numbered like after the game's over, food music, we had some karaoke, like he had he put the couch on ballets so the people could sit up higher and look over at the game. And we were supposed to switch out because there's only like eight people that can play at a time, so there was probably I don't know. I want to say, like twenty people here, and two of the people who came were Jody and Penny, my friends, uh huh, and we were going to play poker. We were really excited, you know, because you have to buy in. You buy in because you win real money. And so everybody sat down to the table. We go, well, we'll just play the next round. So we sat on the couch. We were talking, and I could tell just by looking at how excited these mainly meant. But there are some girls there too. I'm like, they're not getting up anytime soon. In fact, I don't think we're even going to get a chance to play at all. So I look at Jody and I look at Penny, and I said, do you want to get out of here? And they're like what. I go, yeah, I kind of want to leave my own party, and so I go, let's go to Moe's.
Speaker 4: Oh boy, So mind you.
Speaker 1: I was wearing my I've just gotten ordered beauty pageant outfit with one shoe because I just escaped my attacker. I was walking on the sidewalk and on the street in Hill christ with one barefoot.
Speaker 4: Gross.
Speaker 1: I know, I know, I know, I'm like, can you catch anything from your foot? Like really bad? I don't know. Actually, yeah, well obviously when I came back, I I sterilized it heavily.
Speaker 2: She just said, you were Britney spears parasites.
Speaker 1: Yes, how the worms.
Speaker 2: Get in your little Yeah, if you had any kind of a cut or anything like that on your foot.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 4: Yeah, why would you ever walk there? Oh my god.
Speaker 1: I had to stay true to my character.
Speaker 2: I would have waited and just put on a ballet flat and a high heel.
Speaker 1: Let me just say, Mo's is so incredibly fun, and it is deck out for Halloween. There's like a bed with a dead body. There's a clown that scares you when you walk in the door. It was like, of course, I screamed my head off And it was so fun. And then we went and we had like this big giant dessert and we we were talking and and I don't know how we got on the topic of tattoos. And I'm like, you know, there is a tattoo place right around the corner called Vivid Tattoo in Hillgres. I go, let's all get matching tattoos.
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 4: Why? Oh god? All right?
Speaker 1: It was one of those nights, I'm sorry, one of those nights. Yes, it was no completely, so all of us were that's crazy. We went to Vivid Tattoo and and Jody, mind you, has never had a tattoo ever in her life.
Speaker 2: Good for her, but she now, so she was kind.
Speaker 1: Of hesitant, and I said, well, look, we'll just walk in because I don't even know if they accept walk ins at this point. Well, it was probably ten thirty at night and they close at midnight, and I'm like, maybe they're busy. I don't know. Let's just go ask and see what they say. And what we wanted was a very very delicate, super tiny finger tattoo of a rosary, just a little it's very very basic, and I'll show it to you in a minute. And we walk in there, nobody's in there, and we said, hey, we all want to get this matching thing on our finger, and you know, could that happen? How long will it take? Blah blah blah blah. Well it happened. It was really fun. It took like maybe ten minutes for them to do each one of us, and I got it on my finger right here. Look, it's like a little tiny rosary and it's just so cute. I love it so much. Now, this is my dad, This tattoo I've had for a really long time, and it's really thick. I wish it wasn't this thick. But it's my dad's actual signature. Heaters. That's my maiden name. Anyway, So I thought I will do something delicate right here, And.
Speaker 2: I told you, did I not make this? Absolutely, she's going to be the tattooed lady.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I don't know what's going on.
Speaker 1: I don't know either.
Speaker 4: Never ever ever get any like an impetuous tattoo.
Speaker 1: This was very yes, but this was It wasn't like I got something on my arm. Nope, this is just and you know what, it'll probably wash off, considering well they say tattoos on your fingers are sometimes hard to keep.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but that's across a lifetime. That's thing is still going to be there, like ten years.
Speaker 1: I think it's precious and I love it. It's just so cute.
Speaker 4: I stand by it. Never get a spontaneous tattoo.
Speaker 1: Well, I we had a blast and we all loved it, and even Jody and none of us are like I was baptized Catholic, and I went to my kids went to Catholic school for a period of time. But I'm not a practicing Catholic. But for some reason, I am just so attracted to religious art. I love rosaries, I love cool crosses, I love icons, I love Eastern Byzantine Catholicism of art. I just love like that flat look.
Speaker 4: Byzantium art.
Speaker 1: I love it. I love it, love it, love it. It's just so attractive to me. So anyway, a rosiarie, not because I'm super religious, but just because I love the way it looks, and it was just so precious with my big, my big like scar tattoo.
Speaker 4: Life just looks like a black.
Speaker 1: I know, I look. I do the best I could anyway. So that's what happened. And then we came back and there was still the party was still going on, and nobody even knew we had left. It was like, okay, thank you very much. All right, So wait, you already told your story right now, I'm just going to get right into story. I thought you had a story, but you were going to talk about that movie.
Speaker 2: Oh no, what I was going to talk about was where your Ears Burning? On Friday and Saturday.
Speaker 1: Friday and Saturday nights, not that I was aware of.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 2: Why guess who was in town?
Speaker 1: Oh, number one? Number one?
Speaker 2: Well you're all number one.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, we've already established this stop. Number one was in town.
Speaker 4: Marlin was in town.
Speaker 1: You saw her both nights? Yes, back to back uh dinners? Or did you spend the night or no?
Speaker 4: Back to back dinners?
Speaker 1: There's never been one time in our history.
Speaker 4: All right, calm down, number two.
Speaker 2: Listen, number one, I'm pretty sure you're number three.
Speaker 1: Has Karen inched your way up?
Speaker 2: No, but Karen will be here in a few.
Speaker 4: Weeks future, number three right here, I know.
Speaker 2: Oh and by the way, what remember your idea of you and Marla and Karen writing poems to me? Yes, Marla vetoed that why refusing to do it? So you need to call her and convince her to do it.
Speaker 4: No, that's a real number one move from Marla. That's classy, that's Cementsa's number one.
Speaker 1: But why it would be.
Speaker 4: A real number one knows she's number one and doesn't feel the need to stoop to the number three spot.
Speaker 1: Well, she never will be number three. She will always be number one. But it'll be cute to hear each one of us profess our love for you.
Speaker 2: I really think it would be great.
Speaker 1: But she is she going to listen to me? No, she won't listen.
Speaker 2: No, she number three pound sound I'm number two.
Speaker 1: In fact, she said I was one and a half. She gave that to me.
Speaker 4: That was just her being nice because she's number one.
Speaker 1: My god, Well, all right, now, did you ever dress as something I don't want to say, not PC when you were younger? Yes, okay, like what.
Speaker 4: I was an Indian? Okay, I think Native American?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: Yes, sorry, okay, it was a Native American.
Speaker 1: Yes, I think I was. I also was one of those at one point. I don't. I'm sure I've told you the story before, but I still believe that I should call CPS on my mom even today. When I was eight, I might even have been seven, I painted and created and studied my dad's empty classic yellow cores can, made a cardboard thing, stapled it around me, put holes in it from my arms, and I went trigger treating with my parents up and down the neighborhood, dressed as a course can.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that was like the night when you went at a different time.
Speaker 2: What about when you went as a lady of the evening.
Speaker 1: No that was the next year.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, no, this sad is crazy.
Speaker 1: No, I told my appearents, I go, I want to go for treating as a hooker. Now, look, I didn't know what a hooker was. I didn't even know what sex was. I didn't know anything. I think I was ten.
Speaker 4: Maybe, yeah, I'd be worried nine or ten, I would be worried about that about future decisions.
Speaker 1: I just thought that. I just I must have seen a movie or something where these ladies dressed up all fancy like or made up or something and they called him a hooker and I'm like, oh, I want to be that for Halloween.
Speaker 4: So was it? Was it?
Speaker 2: The ABC movie of the Week, Dawn Portrait of the Teenage.
Speaker 4: Prostitute. All the famous prostitute movies weren't even out yet, like Pretty Women, Showgirls.
Speaker 1: Not only did my mom let me wear my aunt's wig, nylons, short skirt, she gave me a sig, real sig to hold, and my dad gave me a beer bottle as a problem.
Speaker 4: That's funny.
Speaker 1: A sig and a beer bottle and a wig and makeup and lipstick. And when people would ask me. I remember this vividly because my parents are with us trick or treating down in the neighborhood. Oh what are you? And my mom would chime in real quick, Oh, she's just a pretty lady. She wouldn't say because I was gonna blurt out hook or why would she let you go?
Speaker 4: Is one?
Speaker 3: Though?
Speaker 1: I don't know?
Speaker 4: So weird?
Speaker 1: What time is it? We should call my We call Mary?
Speaker 4: Yeah, let me call her. Honestly, though for the seventies that was probably only like minor leg like are you calling Mary or Ama?
Speaker 1: Well, let me call answer for you. Okay, connect yourself to the broadcaster.
Speaker 4: If someone let's se if someone's already connected.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm going to disconnect. Wait, I just disconnected myself. Just well whatever, I'm sorry. I thought I was doing the right thing. I think I'm going to tell my mom that I'm gonna I'm calling CPS.
Speaker 4: You're connected? Call Mary?
Speaker 1: Okay. She's not going to be happy. She's not like being on the air because she's so good. Yeah, I want to know, you know what. I want to know the real answer to this. When I said I wanted to be a hooker, what was her reaction? She might be out doing her crosswords, having her sticky and drinky. That's what she does every night, So I don't know, she might not have to be near her phone.
Speaker 4: Can you text her?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Let me text her real quick. This is very important.
Speaker 2: It really is, because inquiring minds want to know.
Speaker 3: Please leave your message.
Speaker 1: Okay, hold on, now, let me try it. Let me just try to call her and then if not, then then for sure I know she's outside with her SIGs and her crosswords. Okay, so now I'm connected? Am I connected? You disconnect?
Speaker 4: I did?
Speaker 1: Okay? Am I connected?
Speaker 4: Oh wait?
Speaker 1: Okay, I know this is so professional, but this is very important.
Speaker 4: I'm disconnected.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay connected, Okay, all right, Oh connect my phone?
Speaker 4: Okay, hold on, Yeah, sadly it's not magic.
Speaker 1: I know. Here we go and it hasn't turned up here. It was the road cast. Baby there it is road cast. Pro f says it's not connected. Okay, let me do this. I know this is really fun, isn't it? This dead air?
Speaker 4: Anyways? Solar was a hooker? I mean, where do Oh my god, I don't think I've ever dressed up as anything controversial.
Speaker 1: Well, you were probably Indiana Jones at one point right, probably several times, several times yes, And then what else were you do you remember? Did you ever make yourself a cost to him?
Speaker 4: I think so. I was a pirate once. I was the Phantom of the opera once.
Speaker 1: Oh, Mardy, Oh, will you push that little thing that's like connect it is?
Speaker 4: Try again?
Speaker 1: Oh? There it is? Okay, I'm connected. All right, here we go. All right, Mom, you're gonna get it. Mama, you're gonna get it. Oh, and I need to ask her about Anti Do Dooo, because Anti Doo Dooo wasn't feeling really well. But she's in the desert now, and I want to know when she's going to go see Auntie Dodo so I can go see her and go to the casino. Okay, here we go, Okay, come on, come on. Oh do you have Jenny's phone number? Yes, call her off there and tell her to have my mom answer, and then if not, we'll just drop this. Mom.
Speaker 3: Mom, Hi, Hi, Mama, how are you just brought the phone up to me? I was outside. I didn't hear it.
Speaker 1: That's what I figured. I was like, I know she's outside doing her crosswords. H Hi, Okay, so it's we're doing our Halloween show right now, our podcast, because this is one that airs on actually on Halloween.
Speaker 3: I'm going to kill you, Mom.
Speaker 1: I do have a really valid question. Now that's not but forget about the beer can. Okay, we're gonna forget about the beer can now. When I said to you, Mom, for Halloween, I know what I want to be this year. When I was like nine or ten and I blurted out, Mom, I want to be a hooker. Mom, I didn't even know what sex was. I didn't know what a hooker was.
Speaker 3: Sure you said a hooker.
Speaker 1: I know for a fact, I because I can't.
Speaker 3: I don't think that i'd say, no, you can't be a hooker. I wouldn't let you be a hooker. Mom.
Speaker 1: You gave me a sig and a beer bottle as a prop, and you took me out walking through the neighborhood.
Speaker 4: You took her out walking the streets.
Speaker 3: Mary Well, just like I had three kids and I was going crazy, so it wasn't in my right mind.
Speaker 1: And then you would tell me before i'd blurt out when people were asking me what I was. Before i'd blurt out, oh, I'm a hooker, you'd be like, oh, no, no, she's a pretty lady.
Speaker 3: Yes, absolutely.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, Oh my gosh, Mom, I love you so much.
Speaker 3: My god. It's when you could do anything, I know. You know. I was watching this thing called the Zodiac. It was reckoned that right about the time you were born, and I think you could just do any old swinging back then.
Speaker 1: I know, is that that new documentary mine?
Speaker 3: You were free?
Speaker 1: Yes, I know, but it was like, there's we've we've matured since then, and we've realized that some things were insensitive. You know what I'm saying exactly.
Speaker 3: No, I mean you look back, you go, Oh my god, I can't believe that.
Speaker 1: You know, well, I remember I was a tiger once. I was a spider that I made myself.
Speaker 3: What else was I made you the tiger outfit?
Speaker 1: I remember that. That was really good. That was when you sewed for like five minutes. Remember you weren't a sewing pace for like five minutes. And she made it.
Speaker 3: She didn't take it. It was too nerve wrecking for me.
Speaker 1: I know, My mom, Okay, my mom, would you get really like fed up with the three kids because we were a handful. She this is what she would call us. She would just yell at the top of her lungs.
Speaker 2: You should have kids, Oh, Mary, if I already didn't love you, if I already didn't love you so much.
Speaker 4: That would have cemented the deal right there.
Speaker 1: Or she would go into the closet and stream as loud as she could, and then she would come back out and be a little bit more calm.
Speaker 3: Oh I should ask kids. It was kids.
Speaker 2: Oh, oh my god.
Speaker 3: But very picture this what's in the middle of August, after the kids had been home from school all summer, was listing to do, bugging the crap out of each other. I'm trying to get dinner ready and on the table by five o'clock. It's one hundred and five and we had no air conditioning.
Speaker 2: Oh Mary, they I just watched it.
Speaker 3: Sometimes you just can't.
Speaker 2: I know you would, and I have a feeling. I have a feeling. Laura May was probably just the feistiest of all three.
Speaker 3: She was pretty feisty. But Eric was the bugger.
Speaker 1: Eric was not stalking. He should have been on eighty HD medication or like hyperactivity medication MUD, but he wasn't. But I remember him just like he was go go go, go, go go go con Yes, yes.
Speaker 3: So can you imagine?
Speaker 2: No, no, I cannot marry.
Speaker 3: Oh good. I want to tell you right now it is pouring rain.
Speaker 4: What is it really?
Speaker 3: It's just poring.
Speaker 4: That means it's coming this way?
Speaker 3: Is it probably?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, Well that's a relief.
Speaker 3: It's wendy and all of a sudden it's huge blacks of weather.
Speaker 1: Well it's fall. Hey, don't the clocks turn back this weekend? Or what when do the clocks turn.
Speaker 3: Back this weekend?
Speaker 1: I believe that's what I thought. Oh my god. November.
Speaker 3: Yeah, nobody's been talking about. I think it's up on my phone to see.
Speaker 1: I'm like, this month has gone by so fast.
Speaker 2: Does this mean we get an hour more sleep or lose an hour?
Speaker 1: We get we getting? No, we get one? We get it? Oh, we don't lose it?
Speaker 4: Oh Mary, do you know what that means? We get fall behind? December? Oh I'm going to look like the crypt keeper.
Speaker 3: I think I think it's Saturday, that the third. It's raining so hard that I can't even hear you.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, all right, we'll go so loud. Well, now you can't do your crosswords and you know your other thing.
Speaker 3: I can do my crossroads but I just can't hear you.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right.
Speaker 3: I'm absolutely covered, Oh my gosh.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 3: In fact, I'd like to sit out there and listen to the rain in the storm because it doesn't get to me.
Speaker 1: Well, enjoy your night, Mom.
Speaker 3: I think I might have to call me tomorrow and tell me about other stuff.
Speaker 1: Okay, And I'm may be I may just just because you you may deserve.
Speaker 2: It, Mary, I will, don't worry. I will give you a great letter of recommendation.
Speaker 3: I know. Even Jenny reminds me of you know, even today chills faith you when moms you get mess used to kids and you were you were.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. I don't think I've ever called my kids ship kids, but that's okay.
Speaker 2: I know Laura's called me a little ship before.
Speaker 1: Yes, I have sure. All right, Mom, I love you so much.
Speaker 3: I love you too, love you Mama.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, bye, I'll call you Marma.
Speaker 4: All right, all right, bye bye by bye bye bye.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. I know, okay, I sctuld think you're right.
Speaker 4: I think we do gain an hour because it's fall back.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, yes, yes, I remember always summer is like when you lose it and okay, all right, so now I have some Halloween stats. All right? Did you know that sixteen percent of a Marria have lived in a haunted house? And most of those people are women that say that they've lived in a hanted house?
Speaker 4: How did they measure that?
Speaker 1: In a pole? I don't know who did this pole, but it says in a poll, sixteen percent of people say they have lived in an actual haunted house, and women were more likely than men to say that. And did you know that in some states I forgot what state it was, you have to disclose if you're selling a house that there's paranormal activity.
Speaker 4: Oh I thought that was if someone died in California. Yeah, yeah, for three year.
Speaker 1: There's There are a couple states where that is a law that if you have experienced that, you have to document it untell the the people. But that's kind of freaky finding a spider on Halloween night? Good luck is good luck? Oh okay, so don't freak out.
Speaker 4: I won't because I don't plan on being around any.
Speaker 1: Many culture, spiders are considered a sign of wealth. Really, yes, thriller was not always called thriller because it is thriller thrilla. It was almost called because this is Starlight. Still, I know it's not weird. Can you imagine that? But we wouldn't have been weird. It wouldn't be weird because we'd be used to it now.
Speaker 4: Thriller But yeah, thriller is such a good.
Speaker 1: It's never, ever, ever, ever gets old.
Speaker 4: The music video is still so good.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, Frank Connie, she got.
Speaker 4: Wanted Dancers one of the most expensive music Is it still the most expensive music video ever filmed? Didn't John Lendis direct it?
Speaker 1: Yes, so yeah, and you need to watch. I think it's called Thriller forty Thriller forty, like the forty year anniversary thriller, and like what a visionary Michael Jackson was and what he pushed and pushed for MTV to make it a long form video. So it's thirty minutes, well the whole thing. It was like a whole It was like a small short movie or we had to wait thirty minutes in between every showing or something on MTV. But I remember it was huge some Americans, and I've done this before, pretend not to be home on Halloween.
Speaker 4: I do that every Halloween. Half the I would say, half the people do that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, black cats on Halloween, good luck. No, we're often thought to be witches shape shifting.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, they're familiar.
Speaker 1: They're familiar.
Speaker 4: That's the term. They're familiar. That's like it's a witchy term. You don't know this, miss spiritual sensitive. No, witches have familiars. They're like animals. They either control or turn into.
Speaker 1: Yeah, turn into anything, and cat is one of them.
Speaker 4: I was like, they're a very common familiar.
Speaker 1: In Hollywood, it is illegal to use silly string on Halloween.
Speaker 4: Oh, I bet, I bet there are so many celebrities that were like throwing money into for that lobby.
Speaker 1: Why why?
Speaker 4: Oh, because I bet it's so much fun to go silly string. Tom Cruise's houser, Oh my god.
Speaker 1: I love silly string. That's such it was so fun to play with. Did you like silly string?
Speaker 4: No? I hated it.
Speaker 1: France has prohibited people over the age of twelve to wear a clown makeup on Halloween.
Speaker 4: Guess, so that's like that's beard.
Speaker 1: Prior to the band, teenagers would dress as clowns and wheeled weapons, and many arrests happened because of that. So they made this law.
Speaker 4: I should make the weapons I legal. I think that was the bigger part.
Speaker 1: Children born on Halloween night are said to have special spirits because it's widely believed to be a time where the veil between the dead and the living is thinned.
Speaker 4: I would kill to be born on Halloween. It was so cool.
Speaker 3: Who do I know?
Speaker 1: That's poor God. This is gonna make me mad, and the person that I know mad that I don't remember who it was. Full moon on Halloween occurs once every nineteen years. Our next full moon is going to be in twenty thirty nine.
Speaker 4: So twenty was a full moon on Halloween.
Speaker 1: I guess what, I don't know?
Speaker 4: That's cool.
Speaker 1: Google it. The most searched Halloween costume is a witch. It always has been, it always will be. The most popular Halloween candy overall is chocolate.
Speaker 4: Snickers Nope, No Keyways nope, Suckers nope, Reese's Nope, no real chocolate well like specific brand, yes, Three Musketeers. No, it's not Reese's cups.
Speaker 1: It's Eminem's.
Speaker 4: Oh wow.
Speaker 1: Spending for Halloween twenty twenty four expected to reach eleven point six billion dollars. And did you know that they opened up an additional twelve hundred Spirit Halloween stores this year.
Speaker 2: Do you hear that there's going to be a Spirit Christmas?
Speaker 1: Yes, they're making it.
Speaker 4: I mean, it's not scary. I don't want that.
Speaker 1: Is it going to be? I don't think it's going to be in San Diego, though, I think they're in states of elsewhere to see if it if it goes off ever, right right?
Speaker 4: I love I wish Spirit Halloween is open year round though. I think I'd shot there year around, I know, just for I just love costing such a cool store.
Speaker 1: Up to ninety four percent, ninety four percent of Americans are going to celebrate Halloween, oh this year, ninety four That's a big number and a brave Seventy two percent of consumers would consider buying a haunted house.
Speaker 4: Me too. I would actually pay more for the house to be haunted.
Speaker 1: But you don't believe exactly, So why would you pay more for something that you don't believe it?
Speaker 4: The house with history is cool?
Speaker 1: Oh, I see what you're saying. It Chapter one the most highest grossing horror movie of all time.
Speaker 4: It wasn't wasn't that great at.
Speaker 1: One hundred and twenty three point four million dollars. Other Moneymakers, the sixth Cents, The Exorcist.
Speaker 4: The Nun that that was an overrated movie.
Speaker 1: And sinister and conjuring and paranormal activity, and finally, pumpkins fruit or.
Speaker 4: Vegetable vegetable vegetable? Well, technically they're fruit, aren't they.
Speaker 1: Pumpkins are fruit. Yeah, they should be vegetables, though, I agree with you, but a pumpkin a day keeps the doctor away. Pumpkins are in fact fruits.
Speaker 4: I know we have like criteria for what makes fruits and vegetables, but I think it should be a vibe thing. It's what what what vibe does?
Speaker 1: I know? Right now, we're going to pay a quick game before we sign off, and it's which is scarier? And it's kind of like would would you rather? But it's just we're gonna call it, Oh yeah, the unboxings. Okay, we'll do that last. Now, which is scarier? In your opinion? Seeing a ghost hover at the foot of your bed or seeing an alien outside your window?
Speaker 4: Aen if they could take me.
Speaker 1: I agree, because ghosts don't do anything. Ghosts can just well they can take over. I mean they can, I don't know, I don't know.
Speaker 4: Let me check my Tobin spirit.
Speaker 2: Guy again.
Speaker 1: Leaving Okay, which is scarier? Leaving the house without pants? We're talking no underwear, no pants, nothing, going out in.
Speaker 4: Probably it's a crime that's scary.
Speaker 1: Or walking into a room full of people you've been talking about behind their backs.
Speaker 4: Second one or no, first one scarier?
Speaker 1: Which is scarier? Walking through a haunted house or being asked to give a last minute speech in front of five hundred people?
Speaker 4: Oh? Second one? I love hanted houses.
Speaker 1: I know this speech would be really scary. I mean even though we do this or no for a living, but kind of speaking in front of people freaks me out. I mean I get really really nervous. What's scarier running into your boss at a party where you're really drunk or running into your ex at a party with their new significant other.
Speaker 4: Ooh, scarier? First one? Traumatizing? Second one? Right?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 4: First one? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Which is scarier? Realizing you accidentally texted a dirty joke to your boss or sending an embarrassing selfie to your family group chat.
Speaker 4: How embarrassing? I mean like you're talking compromising, embarrassing. Yes, that would never happen to me.
Speaker 1: Well, just pretend.
Speaker 4: Probably the second one, yeah.
Speaker 1: Okay, what's scarier Getting seated next to a screaming baby on a plane or sitting next to somebody with horrible body odor oh on a long flight?
Speaker 4: Second one, Yeah, I can handle a baby, you can, dude. Do you know how over? Oh?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah yeah. What's scarier your partner ghosting you for forty eight hours or your partner giving you the silent treatment for a full week?
Speaker 4: Two? Two?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, no, not speaking for a week. That's like serious.
Speaker 4: Ghosting can be anything. That could be, like, you know, just phone broke, they're busy, But silent treatment, that's you're in trouble.
Speaker 1: What's scarier finding out your best friend is dating your ex or finding out your ex is dating one of your siblings.
Speaker 4: Second one, probably because then you'd have to be related.
Speaker 2: I know they got married anyway.
Speaker 1: All right, that's that. Now let's do the unboxing. I'm very excited. What are we? What is what's going on here?
Speaker 4: So? I love Sweetems. I use the product all the time.
Speaker 2: You do too, Yes, and they just recently came out with a new product.
Speaker 4: Oh and uh.
Speaker 2: I reached out to a Lisa Brady, who is the developer and president of the company.
Speaker 4: She's amazing.
Speaker 1: Yes she has.
Speaker 4: She was kind enough to send some.
Speaker 1: To me to you only well, how many are.
Speaker 4: There's for you too?
Speaker 1: Okay, so then he'll forget to give me all the way out.
Speaker 4: What No, just kidding. These for the body.
Speaker 1: Sit okay, okay, done, done?
Speaker 4: So these are yours?
Speaker 1: Okay, So they have she does? She have butt wipes too, Yes, but wipes and then.
Speaker 2: The these are like chapstick for your well no, not butt wipes, they're just down there wipes.
Speaker 1: Different. They had a she got a she had a different scent or flavor or their flavor too.
Speaker 2: So these are called sweet spots okay. And the ones we got sent were watermelon I can't even read, can you?
Speaker 4: Peach? And strawberry and cream?
Speaker 1: Okay? Now these are smell good, taste good. Yes, sweet EM's sweet Spot flavored fragrance helps you feel sexy, confident, and playful. Directions. Use roll on fragrance by rolling it directly onto your skin. Yeah so you can.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that's the watermelon.
Speaker 1: So if you want a little yummy smelling areas, yeah, I love this and they smell they smell great, really good. Oh my god, I love it. She's in like she's in target.
Speaker 4: I think, oh god.
Speaker 1: Since the first time she was on with us, she has exploded.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she has, and I can't wait to have her on.
Speaker 1: I know when is she Okay, you gotta we got to schedule that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm going. I'm gonna email her tonight.
Speaker 1: Oh good.
Speaker 2: But yeah, they're called sweet Spot and they're super cute. They're just like a big chapstick for your private parts and for your skin.
Speaker 1: Okay, Now, what's your website in case dot com? Okay? So, and sweetems is with a U.
Speaker 4: M S S w E E t U M S.
Speaker 1: Okay. I love it. I love it, I love it. I love it.
Speaker 2: Thank you Elisa Brady and Sweetems.
Speaker 4: So.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we have a bunch of guests coming up here pretty soon. We have Claya from Dolphe Club. Come Yff opened up another sober living facility. She's closing on another house. Too awesome, I mean, and she's so young. It's just like, I just love that she's helping other women through this journey in sobriety.
Speaker 4: Just sorry to bring some merch because I love the hoodie and half from them. Yeah, I love mine.
Speaker 1: I will let me know what you I'll buy it.
Speaker 4: Okay, I'll have you buy it.
Speaker 1: That's okay, love, I think I probably owe it to you. It's okay. And then we're also going to have Georgianna Irvine from the Zoo. She was the pr person there for many, many years. But she follows the animals that have grown up at the zoo, born and raised at the zoo, and she writes books about them, children's books, and she's really an incredible person. And and we might have James King from Fits in the Tantrums.
Speaker 4: Right, We're going to have Erica A.
Speaker 2: Lenniac on from Baywatch to talk about the bay Watch documentary that's coming out.
Speaker 1: When does that come out?
Speaker 2: It comes out? I think next month.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, Oh that's going to be a good one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's going to be a good one.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh. So we have a lot to look forward to. And you know what, next podcast, it's going to be freaking November. How did October go by fast?
Speaker 4: I don't even know. Happy election season. Everybody vote next.
Speaker 2: To vote for the right one? Oh please, Oh my gosh, my god.
Speaker 1: This is okay. We are not a political show. No, we're not going we are not going there.
Speaker 4: We have the jokes I would love to make.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, No, don't go with her. We don't do that. Try to keep for the well, we're just trying to Yeah, come on, we try to keep it out of that because we want to be a break from all that.
Speaker 4: But if we were, it wouldn't it definitely would not be.
Speaker 1: I do not want anybody to say any any names, no names. I don't want anybody getting you see you mentioned any polls.
Speaker 4: Donald Smump just kidding. That's not an endorsement. I swear before we promised to God, that's not.
Speaker 1: Any emails go to Brian Jones at BLA.
Speaker 4: You can send it to Laura Kane after dog business.
Speaker 1: Okay, anyway, thank you so much for watching and listening.
Speaker 4: You appreciate you.
Speaker 1: Happy Halloween and oh my brother, Happy birthday, Eric November first. Love your podcast, Love your podcast. I love you, my sweet babies.
Speaker 3: Missed you.
Speaker 1: Bye