Speaker 1: Hello, and welcome to Quiz Quiz Bang Bang, the pop quiz practice show that hits you pe o right in the quizzer. I'm Manny Flora, I'm David Flora, and we're here to teach you more about trivia than there are people buying last mundic gifts right now.
Speaker 2: Groceries, groceries.
Speaker 1: The grocery store was crazy. We didn't even go to it. We just needed to use a parking lot.
Speaker 2: Oh gosh, plan ahead.
Speaker 1: Well, Happy Holiday, Merry Christmas, Happy hanukhah, happy anything you celebrate, yay, and here's our Christmas gift to you, trivia trivia. Here's how the show works wits.
Speaker 2: Quiz Bang Bang's format. There's four rounds of four questions, each followed by the answers. After round two will ask a quick fire bang Bang question where you'll have a time limit to give multiple answers. After the fourth round, the show culminates with the big bang, a final round with three questions whose answers are all clues to one final question. Round one.
Speaker 1: Question one the category is history which Anatolian city was conquered and made capital of the Ottoman Empire in thirteen twenty six. Question two. The category is food and drink. All scotch whiskey must be aged immediately after distillation in oak barrels for at least how many years? Question three category is anatomy us bids. Teeth that are used primarily for firmly holding food in order to tear it apart are more commonly known as what kind of teeth? Question four? The category is science. This question comes from listener Brandon, Thank you Brandon. In what state is the longest cave system in the world located? Two bonus points of the cave system can be named? And now the answer is around one. Question one, which Anatolian city was conquered and made capital of the Ottoman Empire in thirteen twenty six bursa Question two. All scotch whiskey must be aged immediately after distillation in oak barrels for at least how many years? Three, So if you're starting a new hobby, you're gonna have to wait three years to see if what you did was any good?
Speaker 2: I want to.
Speaker 1: Question three. Cuspids are also known as what kind of teeth? Ca nines woo. Question four in what state is the longest cave system in the world? Located and for extra points, what's it called. Well, it's in Kentucky, hey, and it's the Mammoth Caves. And somehow I still haven't been. Next time, David, Next time we're in Kentucky. We are going to the Mammoth Caves.
Speaker 2: Maybe what it requires a lot of planning, there's a lot to see.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, it is the largest cave system.
Speaker 2: In the world. It's a fun time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're going.
Speaker 2: I'm not even into caves and it's pretty cool. Round two. Question five the category's art. The muse d'Orsay in Paris, one of Europe's largest art museums, was originally what kind of building? Question six Category sports. Bjorn Borg won every Men's singles title between nineteen seventy six and nineteen eighty at which event. Question seven category space. This one comes from listener Major Data, Thank you, Major, Thank you. Madra. Astronomers sometimes use a unique term for a stellar object that survives a weak supernova explosion, especially in a rare type lacks event. What spooky nickname is given to this partially dist Droyd but still existing star? Question eight category games and hobbies. Which breed of dog is used as a playing piece in standard monopoly versions, and now the answer is a round two. Question five. The muse d'Ors in Paris, one of Europe's largest art museums, was originally what kind of building? It was a railway station. That's pretty cool, It's really cool. It's a gorgeous building, overshadowed by that little glass pyramid. I think they have the largest collection of Impressionist art.
Speaker 1: I think, all right, first, then over to Paris. We have some inst to do.
Speaker 2: Question six. Beyond Borg won every men's singles title between nineteen seventy six nineteen eighty at which event Wimbledon?
Speaker 1: I mean, that's impressive to just win a year after year after.
Speaker 2: Year after year, four years. Yeah. Five, I guess if you can do math. Question seven. Astronomers sometimes use a unique term for a stellar object that survives a weak supernova explosion. What is that spooky nickname zombie star?
Speaker 1: How even the stars are zombies? Is there no place that's safe for us?
Speaker 2: Give it a couple of years, it'll be vampire stars and then dystopian stars. IM back to zombie. Question eight. What breed of dogs used as a playing piece and standard monopoly? It's a Scottish terrier.
Speaker 1: That's it for the first half, which means it's time for the Bang Bang Round. The category for this week's Bang Bang Round is Film. You will have thirty seconds to answer the following question. Sir Anthony Hopkins has been nominated for six Acting Oscars. Name the films he was nominated for. Your Time starts now.
Speaker 2: And That's Time. The six films Sir Anthony Hopkins has been nominated for an Acting Oscar for are The Silence of the Lambs, The Remains of the Day, Nixon, Amistad, the Two Popes, and The Father. You think Nixon and Amistad feel left out because it wasn't the Nixon and the Amistone?
Speaker 1: I think so?
Speaker 2: Which of those two? Annie did he win?
Speaker 1: Oh? Silence of the Lambs, right, the Father?
Speaker 2: That's right?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I did it.
Speaker 2: He's bookended them so far.
Speaker 1: Yeah he still win another round three. Question nine, the category is music. Who became the youngest performer to win an Album of the Year Grammy in twenty ten? Question ten the category is history. This question comes from listener Bye Bye, I go bye bye.
Speaker 2: Thank you Bobby?
Speaker 1: Who was the only president to pay off the national debt? Question eleven, The category is animals. Calico cats are almost exclusively what gender? Question twelve, the category is television? In which town does Gilmore Girls take place? And now the answers to a round three Question nine. Who became the youngest performer to win an Album of the Year Grammy Billy Eilish. She was eighteen when she won, and she broke Taylor Swiss record. She was twenty when she won. Question ten, Who was the only president to pay off the national debt? It was Andrew Jackson pretty recently in eighteen thirty five. Question eleven, calicoquets are almost exclusively what gender female? In question twelve, in which town does Gilmore Girls take place? Stars hollow KINETI quiette.
Speaker 2: Round four. Question three category is tasty bricks. This question comes from listener May thank you, May, thank you.
Speaker 1: May.
Speaker 2: This will be a before and after involving a food item and a building or landmark. If it were food and music, I would say this chocolate confection would have you living on a prayer. The answer bon bon jovi. This one's a food in all landmark. Here we go, don't have this traditional homie British breakfast near the Windy City's cloud gate, where you might get this Heinz product and its tomato sauce all over the sculpture. Question fourteen. Category science, What is the Latin derived name for soft brown combustible sedimentary rock formed from naturally compressed pete? Question fifteen? Category literature, which Kenneth graham novel was inspired by bedtime stories he used to tell his son about a control freak amphibian. Question sixteen. Category folklore, which tiny Boy from an English fairy tale was later the namesake of a famous circus performer, And now the answers to round four Question thirteen. Don't have this traditional Homi British breakfast near the Windy City's cloud gate, or you might get this Heinz product in its tomato sauce all over the sculpture that is Chicago beans on toast.
Speaker 1: Nice? Well done? May I love the bean?
Speaker 2: Question fourteen? What is the Latin derived name for soft brown combustible sedimentary rock formed from naturally compressed peat lignite? Question fifteen, which Kenneth Graham novel was inspired by bedtime stories he used to tell his son about a control freak amphibian. The wind in the willows mah and Question sixteen, which tiny boy from an English fairy tale was the later namesake of a famous circus performer, Tom Thumb.
Speaker 1: And that's it for the regular rounds, which means it's time for the Big Bang Round. The category for this week's Big Bang Round is Television. We will give you three clue questions, which are all hints to one final question. The clue questions may not fall under the same category. Question one American singer Tiny Tim was especially known for his nineteen sixty eight hit recording of which song?
Speaker 2: Question two? Which artist of the fifteenth and sixteenth centuries was known for his trip ticks and his macabre and nightmarish depictions of hell?
Speaker 1: Question three? What was the nickname of the main protagonist of the nineteen eighty seven film Predator?
Speaker 2: And your Big Bang? Question again the categories television, in which country did the reality show Big Brother originate?
Speaker 1: And now the answers to the Big Bang Round. Question one American singer Tiny Tim was especially known for his nineteen sixty eight hit recording of which song Tiptoe through the Tulips? It don't make songs like that anymore?
Speaker 2: Question two? Which artist of the fifteenth and sixteenth centuries was known for his triptychs and his macabre and nightmarish depictions of hell. Hieronymous Bosh.
Speaker 1: Question three, what was the nickname of the main protagonists of the nineteen eighty seven film Predator Dutch?
Speaker 2: And finally, in which country did the reality show Big Brother originate? The country famous for its tulips, Bosh and Dutch language the Netherlands. Nice.
Speaker 1: My sister for her next birthday is doing a theme. Her last theme was sharks. She had a shark themed birthday party. My sister is an adult, just to be clear.
Speaker 2: Older than us, older than us.
Speaker 1: It was great. It was a fantastic shark party. We all had an amazing time. And she's like, I need a top a shark party. How do I do that? And then she's like, oh, I know Bosh. So she's gonna throw a Bosh party and it's gonna be unhinged and I can't wait. I can't wait to see the decorations or what's on the cake, or what games we play, because any of it's insane and I'm here for it and I love it.
Speaker 2: You think you could redo the Spice Girls as artists, and so you have Bosh Spice and like, what's his name, Edward Scary Spice.
Speaker 1: Huh.
Speaker 2: But it's the towns and stuff, and I'd have to think about.
Speaker 1: The other one, the other ones. But yes I would. I would watch that band that sounds amazing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you'd have to watch them paint.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I guess, I guess. Yeah, you can't listen to their music or maybe it could be like just sounds of brushstrokes to like help you sleep.
Speaker 2: Oh so it's an ASMR band?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, why not Bosh Spice Wash Spice. Who does Bosh Spice?
Speaker 2: Mary, I don't know, Michelangelo's David Beckham.
Speaker 1: There you go, it works. I put you on the spot. Well, happy Holidays to everybody. Hope you're having a great time.
Speaker 2: Just have a great time. Does have a great time?
Speaker 1: Well, I know like some people don't like their family, so I'm throwing that positive energy out there.
Speaker 2: I'm just gonna let her go.
Speaker 1: No, you should tap Me's agree. I hope everyone's enjoying themselves no matter what. Yeah, despite your terrible, terrible family.
Speaker 2: I hope all your dogs have a good Christmas.
Speaker 1: Yes, I hope you bought them toys and treats. Otherwise, happy holidays, and don't forget second Saturday, twenty twenty six, we'll do twenty twenty five trivia.
Speaker 2: That's right, fun trivia, not awful.
Speaker 1: No bosh trivia, bosh stuff, you know that kind of bosh had a big twenty twenty five.
Speaker 2: Oh, Michelangelo's David was knighted this year. We could say something about that.
Speaker 1: What Oh, because David beckame last night this year. Yeah, we didn't do anything about him.
Speaker 2: A good time.
Speaker 1: Well, he's fine without us. For this episode of Quiz, Quiz Bang Bang, I've been Andy Flora, I've been David Flora. Here's looking at you, quiz