Speaker 1: This What's on Tap Radio podcast is brought to you by Cast Branding. I remember of the Texas craft Brewers Guild. Cast Branding has been supplying breweries, distilleries and wineries with top quality merchandise since twenty thirteen. If you're looking for a way to promote and grow your brand, check out Cast Branding on Facebook, Instagram, and online at cast Brandy dot com, cast Brandy dot com, Cash Brandy dot Com. Enjoy the show. This is about to be good radio. Okay. To me, a craft brewer is much more of a mindset. We just opened two camps spread the gospel of good beer beer. Tons and tons of stuff going on in the beer world. I love craft beer. I love different people's beers. It's the first favorite.
Speaker 2: Cheers too old us beer geeks and those new to the craft.
Speaker 1: What's on Tap? High five?
Speaker 3: Who?
Speaker 2: This is What's on Tap Radio Beer and the culture that flows with it. Pears Beer Guru James Simpson and Beer Logics Chadpilby.
Speaker 1: Started this episode with an apology. Ladies and gentlemen, a little under the weather this week, so you're gonna have to bear with me.
Speaker 3: That is never a good story.
Speaker 1: Now it's never really is. But I like to be honest with our listeners up brunts. I don't want to be a phony. I don't want to be a fake. I just want to tell them been a little under the weather. But that's okay. The show must go on, and that's what we're gonna do. Has to go on, has to go on. We do not take off for sicknesses unless it's really fair.
Speaker 3: We really don't. I don't think we've ever canceled the show due to illness or a sick day.
Speaker 1: I mean, we were surviving through the whole plandemic. We were there. But hey, like I said, a little under the weather, I apologize. I might write at a lot of color this week as Chad does the play by play, We'll see how it goes. But I am bu good. James Simpson joined as always by the infamite mister You're Logic himself, mister Chad Hillbeam and on third Mic harborlight Bill hanging out with us this week. So we were glad to have you guys on board. Got an action packed show as always, ready to have some beers. Hopefully, maybe I'll feel a little better as the show progresses, but we'll see we'll see.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna feel a lot better because old Harbor Light Bill shows up and he brought a cooler. He's been on the road.
Speaker 1: And every time you bring up the fact that Bill brings in a cool reminds me of the old days when we used to broadcast in the iHeart studios and we used to bring in these coolers. And sometimes even Kegs Brewers Studio show up.
Speaker 3: But yeah, I know it's in studio every week, and it to be a different brewer, and and it's like, all right, I'm gonna bring one of everything to open on the show, and oh, here's a case for each of you to take home.
Speaker 4: And we're like, okay, but basically watch your assignment. And so I figured out to bring something, some type of samples.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well you can keep those receipts because we're not writing anything off all right, But we will thank these fine sponsors who do help finance this program because without them, yeah, we would, I don't know what we'd be doing.
Speaker 1: James probably under an underpast saying we'll do a podcast for food and beer.
Speaker 3: Just be careful because if you're in Atlantic City, they might break that up. We'll talk about that later.
Speaker 1: In the show all but yeah, without these partners of crime, we wouldn't be here in that being Tantric Brewing, Superior Pest Control, be a logic conference, the Devents Ring, knowldedon AC and Insurance Group, the Backyard Grill, keeping the lights nice and bright here in studios, harbor Light Brewing, and of course sponsoring our podcast available everywhere, and I mean everywhere. I sent Chad in an email the other day. Did you see that email? Chad? We're on platforms I've never even heard of, thanks to our friends this podcast.
Speaker 3: I'm like, Okay, never heard of it, That's what I said.
Speaker 1: I basically said, yeah, here's another podcast platform or we're on that no one's ever heard of. But hey, we're glad to be on it wherever it is. But thank you for tuning into what's on tap radew and thanks to our wonderful advertisers that hang with us every week and month and year that we are on the air eleven years, my friend, eleven years, but brought to tables the first segments thanks to our friends over at the Backyard Grill, where We're not gonna waste any more time to crack open a beer because I know Chad and Bill having a hole cooler full, and I got a rich stocked here in studios. So who's kicking it off this week? Buy table.
Speaker 3: I'm not even wasting time because everybody's in suspense wanting to know the answer to the week's most intriguing question.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So people were hitting me up and a lot of people saying, hey, kudos, Chad, way to go. What is that well?
Speaker 3: Chad said to the club.
Speaker 1: Chad said last week that as he's getting older, has maybe his palets changed and he's just not liking I pas as much as he used to. So we're gonna.
Speaker 3: See not exactly what I said last week. I said I hated every I p a.
Speaker 1: I tasted paphrasing, and I was paraphrasing a little bit.
Speaker 3: So I went a whole week without drinking a single IPA. And I'm gonna go right back to the well and we're gonna find out what happened here.
Speaker 1: See, Chad's going an IPA and I'm assuming in the glass he has an introduce with what is It's.
Speaker 3: Chad Founder's centennial I PA. It's one beer that I've had one hundred times before. Bill, had you had a sip. What are your thoughts and I'm gonna go ahead. Yeah, this is a wonderful beer.
Speaker 4: I think one of the one of the great beers that founders came up with early in their thing, early in their days, and still's just as good.
Speaker 1: I feel like this's what y'all brought Last week in Chad was like, oh, I just don't like it.
Speaker 3: No, I meant I think I mentioned it. Okay, I don't think I brought it. I think I mentioned I said I have I had a centennial right after drinking another one. And I'm gonna say, I think I'm back on this wagon. I think they or off the wagon or whatever it is, so I think back on the I P A. I think I'm back on I Pas because this is delicious.
Speaker 1: Maybe just a little pallet fatigued last week, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I mean, I'm okay, I'm just gonna say it. I know we don't love every beer that we have, but there was one I p A. And if you want to find out what it is, I'm not going to name drop it. You go listen to podcasts last week. It's first segment. But I had a beer and I mentioned I had one earlier didn't care for it, really didn't like it, and we ended up dumping it out, or at least I did. And and I think they changed the recipe, and I think it kind of screwed up my taste buds because I was drinking a lot of it and I was like, man, I don't know why I don't like this. Why am I even drinking it? I want to love it, but it's screwed up my tastebuds for IPA. But the Founder's Centennial IPA, it's a classic. I think I'm back. I Pas are great, James. That's what I'm kicking off the show with. And we're gonna probably open another IPA just to make sure.
Speaker 1: All right, very good. I'm glad that you're coming back to your old ways, Chad. All right, I am bringing to the table. Last week, I brought a not authentic october Fest. According to the beer purists out there, I brought a Scotch toober Fest from Saint Arnold Brewing Company. So it's an ial, it's an ill, not a logger, I get it, okay. So I wanted to bring an official mars and style to the program this week, so I don't get such a beating, but one of my favorites at Texas Brewed october Fest from Frederick's Bird Texas. Do you know what brewery? Chad all Stott Allstat october Fest, and this, my friend, is one of my all time favorites.
Speaker 3: Just just just hand over the gold medal, now, yeah, I mean that is such a good beer.
Speaker 1: And I'm pointing this into my what's on tapay go cast braining glass also known as a water glass wt R which is endangered and endangered species, but nice copper color. You see, it's got a nice head on it, not too thick but hmmm readiness toffee. Ooh, I'm gonna let that breathe for a second. And again this is the October Fest from Allstat from Fredericksburg, Texas. Five point nine percent alcohol by volume, which I will talk more about coming up later in the show. But that is what I'm kicking things off with this week from Brought to the Table and then Chad back to his old ways loving IPAs with his.
Speaker 4: Yeah Centennial IPA from Founders coming in at seven point two percent with sixty.
Speaker 3: Five IBus all Centennial hop IPA.
Speaker 1: I'm back baby, Well right, I have a good feeling about this show. All right, that's been brought to the table. Thanks for our friends over at the Backyard Grill. Tap this week, we got a lot going on. We're gonna say a closer look on how much you're gonna spend on beer and a hot dog at this NFL season, Trump themed craft beers, beer consumption around the world, we'll talk about and Gator wine. What is Gator wine? All this is so much more on tap this We don't really got a plethora mora stories, including coming right up, the official What's on Tap one Fact of the week, What will it be? Tune in, We'll be right back.
Speaker 2: We like to have at least five practice beers before we have our actual beer.
Speaker 1: All you need now, there's lots of practice.
Speaker 2: Alright, What's on Tap radio continues, all.
Speaker 3: Right, everybody's got a beer. You gotta beer, I gotta beer. We gotta beer. You know who else has beer? The Backyard Grill on the northwest side of Houston. But when you're drinking, you want to have something to eat too, So go get yourself some grub at the BYG. The menu is amazing. They've got all your Texas favorites, like steaks, pahtas chops, and it's all grilled on a wood fired grill. Got burgers, you got wraps. Hey, if you're vegetarian, they got salads, they got soups, homemade dishes, and specialties like smoky the beer chicken. Oh yeah, smoked chicken injected with local beer. Sounds delicious, right yeah, and don't forget the green beans. I know you're thinking, wait a minute, is this guy just talking about all the grilled stuff and you're gonna tell me to eat your veggies? Hey, mom said eat your veggies. Over one hundred different menu items, get the green beans, Trust me, you won't regret it, and over one hundred different beers. Head out to the Backyard Grill in the corner of Weston Jones Road on the northwest side of Houston.
Speaker 5: Cheers, Yah yah yah.
Speaker 1: Y'all all right, welcome back to the show. I was just telling Chad and Bill during the break, if you missed the first segment brought to you, buy our friends over at the Backyard Grill. I been enjoying this October fest from allstat from Fredericksburg, which if if you're ever going to Fredericksburg, it's it's kind of like wine country. It's in the hill country. You have to stop by the brewery. It is one of the most beautiful breweries I've ever been to.
Speaker 3: If you're a beer lover and you go to Fredericksburg and you don't stop at all statt, that's on you, man, that is on you. I'm not going to tell you what a bad decision it is. I'm just gonna look at you and just kind of I know it's the radio, but I'm gonna do the old shoulder struggle and go that's on you. I get it. Like you know, listen, if you want to know why things are going wrong in your life, start with you looking in the mirror, because you are. You are clearly clearly you know some like like you're a lighthouse, only you're not really the lighthouse that provides ships safe harbor. You're like the one that just serves as a warning beacon for every like stay away.
Speaker 1: So what you was saying is stop by. All's that if you're visiting fredericks Burn.
Speaker 3: All right, or you or you're dumb?
Speaker 1: Okay, that's the words of chap Tilda.
Speaker 3: All right, So wait real quick, we drank those that ip a really that's gone.
Speaker 1: Okay. Well, before you break out another beer I like cooler, let me tell you a little bit about what I'm tasting from this stat october Fest coming to you at five point nine percent alcohol by volume, but very smooth, full bodied, slightly sweet h m hmm, mild hopping, a couple of bit of rich combination of pilsner and be on a mald. I guess Munich malts as well. M yep, very clean and complex and I'm guessing around sixteen IBus. And again this is the october Fest from allstats, Premium German style beer, rich roasted malts, fine, smooth finish, and I'm loving everything about this. Hey, CENTI a time since.
Speaker 3: You were guessing on the IBus. You got that bottle there? Can you take a peek? How many IBus are in.
Speaker 1: The sixteen sixteen?
Speaker 3: He counted them off, folks, sixteen. They don't say he's got the best palette in the business for nothing anyway. So uh, anyway, I'm back on the IPA game for now because the founder centennial IPA that one there, uh that went down really really well, A little bit piny, little bit resony the IPAs that we were drinking last week. My palate was so screwed up. I don't know what it was, but everything tasted like the bitters that you would shake and just sprinkle into like a like an old fashion. It was just bitter for the sake of being bitter. And I had no malt, no sweetness, no aroma. It was just awful and my taste buds were all screwed up.
Speaker 1: And were drinking good. I pas last week too.
Speaker 3: I know our car I turned. I turned down an art car. I was like, Nah, don't like it. That's crazy something.
Speaker 1: I think you had pala fatigue or something something.
Speaker 3: But now now we we enjoyed that ipa so much. We actually cracked open another beer just real quick. We won't uh, we won't spend too much time on it because we got a big can here and we can talk about it later. But Bill, tell everybody what you just uh.
Speaker 4: Well, since James on the october Fest man Wagon, I brought october Fest called Tradition Day from Harbardlight Brewery.
Speaker 3: You brewed this beer, yes, I did. All right, yeah, m all right. We will revisit that momentarily. But James, coming up on this episode, I know we were talking about what's going on in the world of beer. And and you and I were in the production meeting. We were kicking us around and we're like, there's a lot of just small stories that are just kind of interesting. But it's it's not like one story that has been developing over months. It's just a little interesting tidbits that.
Speaker 1: That's the stories or anything in the news, nothing like that. Just a couple of small little stories that piece into like a vultron if you will.
Speaker 3: Ye gonna come to other And it's gonna be one super show, right exactly.
Speaker 1: And I you know, and I like that shows. Chat. We don't get those shows all the time, but I feel like you're gonna for a special treat this episode.
Speaker 3: I tend to agree with you on this one. It's gonna be the dynamics, gonna be a little bit different, but that's what makes it so fun. Now.
Speaker 2: The official What's on Tap Radio fun Fact of the Week brought to you by Who's Ever Checked Clear?
Speaker 1: This week, speaking of fun Chat said the magic word fun pee Wee's playhouse.
Speaker 3: Guys.
Speaker 1: Remember, all right, yeah, let's learn something. Let's learn something, guys.
Speaker 3: Maybe we'll learn something. I don't know. Did you ever see that movie drinking Buddies. When it came out, I want to say probably fifteen years ten to fifteen years ago.
Speaker 1: Don't recall, Oh my god.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's a reason you don't recall because it was a terrible movie. Okay, oh yeah. But the whole point of the show was to basically be centered around a bunch of people who liked to drink Kraft beer, and it was filmed inside of a brewery. And I was like, okay, all right, well, I mean I found it interesting. Uh. I was, of course, you know, craft beer was hot, really hot. It was you know, emerging. It's like, oh wait, they're shooting it in a brewery. It's like, nobody ever films a film's a movie inside of a brewery? No way. And sure enough, the whole setting was the Revolution Brewery in downtown Chicago, Illinois. And I was like, I was so hyped to see the movie. Too bad, the script was terrible and we just had a cool, you know, beer themed idea, but it didn't play out. But then I started thinking about, wait, were there other movies shot inside of breweries? Now, if you're familiar, if you're if you're old like Bill, uh no, Bill, and I uh you may remember Laverne and Shirley. I don't even know James.
Speaker 1: You remember Laverne, remember Verne Shirley?
Speaker 3: Yeah? All right? So did do you remember the name of the beer or the brewery they worked in?
Speaker 1: It? Be We've talked about this on the show, but for the last week I can't.
Speaker 3: I can't remember Bill like Schpaltz or something. You're close. It was shots, shots, shots, shots, s h o t z. Just so happens is that that brewery that was used for the filming was none other than Schlitz Brewery. Interesting, that's tellision show. That's it.
Speaker 1: I'm learning something.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, it's right. Your your head's being filled with knowledge. I like Schlitz pills. There's like lawn more beer.
Speaker 1: I can't remember that I had one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but they're in Milwaukee, so I mean it's just as much a snow shoveling beer as it is a lawnmower beer. I mean, we're up here in the Great White North. Whatever. Uh. But then I wait, wait a minute, what other movies feature a brewery in it? And none other than The Great The Well? What should have been the best picture of the year Strange brew with Bob and Doug McKenzie. I mean that's clearly classic. I mean the acting, the writing, the cinematography, the special effects. Just they got robbed at the Oscars that year. But that was filmed in British Columbia at the Pacific Western Brewery. So now, not to be confused the castle, the Elsner Castle, that was no, that was a that was CG, really bad CG. But the inside of the brewery was the Pacific Western Brewery in British Columbia. But I want to thank our good friend the Kipper. Oh remember Kip Galaxy Jewelers. Yeah, that guy there, he fired off a fun fact for me and I said, I had no idea of this. But the engine room scenes in the two thousand and nine Star Trek Star Trek two thousand and nine were shot in a brewery. And that's because JJ Abrams wanted a big open space that looked like no other soundstage ever used in movies. So where did they shoot this infamous movie for all those Trekkies. They shot it at the Anheuser Busch Brewery in Van Neues, California, which is ready for this aby brewery. There one point seven million square feet of floor space that is a huge frickin' brewery. So your official What's on Tap Radio fun fact of the week is the use of breweries in movies in television. There are several famous ones that you can talk to your friends about. The schlitz Bury which was known as shots for Laverne and Shirley drinking Buddies, which well, it's not a famous movie. In fact, it's one I don't recommend you ever watched, but it was shot at Revolution Brewery. Strange brew the hit classic that was Robbed at the Oscars was shot at British Columbia's Pacific Western Brewery, and the two thousand and nine Star Trek was shot in California at the Anheuser Busch Brewery because it looked like no other soundstage anywhere. They can't reproduce it, and it was exactly what JJ Abrams was looking for in the one point seven million square foot brewery. And that, folks, is your official What's on Tap Radio fun fact of the week.
Speaker 1: Told you're gonna learn something this week, very good fun facts. See all stuff you won't hear anywhere else. Promise.
Speaker 3: That's to Kip, Thanks camp with that one.
Speaker 1: Appreciate that. Kip All right. Let's take a break. Coming up on this episode, we're on political season, so let's talk politics. We got at Trump theme Craft beers and move over Ultra right beer. There's a new Seltzer that's taking America by storm. By now about that all is so much more. Hang with us, We'll be right back.
Speaker 2: Believe in something they say, we believe. We'll have another beer. This is What's on Tap Radio. Back to James and Chad Superior Pest Control of West Michigan, Superior Pest dot Biz. They are sponsors of the research department here at What's on Tap Radio making sure that we.
Speaker 3: Have all this awesome content. Give them a call or reach out to them at Superior Pest dot Biz.
Speaker 1: Yep. If you're just tuning in, Chad's Palette's back. Got a scare last week. We had a scare that Chad was I'll grow in the love for i PAS. But Bill and Chad cracked open a centennial I PA and my founders in the first segment and he said he's back, He's back.
Speaker 3: I know, I don't know. I don't know what happened. I think I know it happened again. If you're just now tuning in. I'm gonna encourage you go back listen to last week's episode. Want to thank Cas Brandy for sponsoring the podcast. And there was one particular I PA that I used to love, and I said, man, it really really affected my taste buds and everything I drank after it. And it was an I p A and I really didn't care for it. And I'm sad because it was a beer I really enjoyed. I think they changed the recipe. Maybe I got a bad can. Well it would have been more than one bad can. But yeah, I'm back on the I p as and I know that there's a couple of people like Fred James is clapping Fred and Fire Marshall Matt. They're like, we dang it, we almost had him. He was in our club, you know, no more I pas. But everything I was drinking tasted so bitter. So we tried out the Centennial IPA from Founders Brew and kicked things off, and then that went down so smooth. Between Harbor Light Bill and I that, oh the brewmaster here sitting on third Mic decided to go out there and grab a Harbor Light beer. He's like, I want to get in on this October Fest game too. James is having october Fest, Can I have one?
Speaker 1: Very good?
Speaker 3: So I brought my october Fest.
Speaker 4: We just released it brood last March, because I'd say mars And style, Oh traditional.
Speaker 1: Yes, harbors caves that they put the beer in and let it ferment.
Speaker 3: Actually, he does have a cave.
Speaker 4: It's underground, sat in the cooler till just this past week it brought it out, throwing it on.
Speaker 3: Tap here for the fall all right. And the name of the beer is Tradition Day. I like it Tradition Day because it's a traditional Mars And And if I have one, knock on his beer, that's it. I have one, and I think he would agree with me. Head retention, that's it. I can see that. Yeah, beautiful beer tastes great, great, I mean great, sharpness, carbonation, flavors perfect as far as balance for that you want for an october Fest. Slightly more malty and sweet. But it does have a hot bitterness and has a little bit of a fruity note with a balance of almost I don't want to say piny bitterness to balance it out. But it finishes nice and dry. But head retention. The head did disappear very quickly. I don't know if that had anything to do with the temperature of the beer, but because it's not real cold, but I think I think it brings out the flavor. It's great. So nice job, Bill, Thank you.
Speaker 1: All right. I'm pruising the headlines here and I do a lot of I look at Google trends just to see what's happening around the world, and I came across this story and this is the top state fair foods people are googling in twenty twenty four.
Speaker 3: So if you're going to state fair, you're googling these.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so this is you know, you're going out to the state fair. And like, what kind of foods should I expect when I go out to a state fair because I want foods that will give good chance of killing me. So Google looked at the state fair foods that Americans are googling most this year. And tell me if you have heard of any of these or would try these. Cheese burger egg.
Speaker 3: Rolls Okay, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: Lobster corn dogs that's a new one. Both are up for the best new food at the Iowa State Fair, which ran last month. Apparently they like their fried foods in Iowa. Also the top favorites deep fried bubblegum, deep fried butter, deep fried had ranch dressing, deep fried lemonade, and of course, topping the list, deep fried beer.
Speaker 3: What was okay, okay, hold on, all right, give me, give me the give me give me that list. That that quick? What was that one again? There was the second one? You me?
Speaker 1: Deep bubble gum?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's crazy. What's the one after that?
Speaker 1: Deep that?
Speaker 3: Okay, that's just dumb, dumb. No. If you I'm saying this right now, if you eat deep fried butter and you post it on social media, that is grounds for your life insurance company to cancel your policy right there. That's worse than smoking a cigar to celebrate the birth of a child. After saying you're a non smoker. I mean, you're asking for high cholesterol, heart disease and everything that comes with it.
Speaker 1: There's on this list? Whatsoever?
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, By the way, with deep fried bubble gum, do you eat it or do you chew it?
Speaker 1: Well, I'm assuming that you eat the bread heading off of it first and then you chew the bubble gum.
Speaker 3: Okay, Now, all of those foods are supposed to be like fried foods are supposed to be eaten with beer, Like, I mean, anytime you have fried food, it's like, what beer pairs well with this? But you're also told never to chew gum and drink beer. So deep fried bubble gum? What beer do you pair with it?
Speaker 1: I don't know. Where's Joe Cruz?
Speaker 3: See this is what I'm talking about.
Speaker 1: This, this is a he's an expert on pairing pizza and beer. Beer bubble gum James with.
Speaker 4: A list of deep fried stuff where you're expecting to find something healthy.
Speaker 1: There's like deep fried well, I mean anything like you try to deep fried cauliflower?
Speaker 3: Defried what deep fried cauliflower? And then they smother it and fake nacho cheese and they say, but it's a vegetable with bad b any Way, beer, what beer pairs with this?
Speaker 1: It's like, I don't think I've ever had deep fried beer?
Speaker 3: No, because how do you make it?
Speaker 1: I don't know, Because to me, I would think it's like an impanada? Right, So have you ever eat an Impanadas? Are delicious, but you take a bite of it and it's like liquid lava.
Speaker 3: I was just gonna say, hot magma face melts.
Speaker 1: Oh, my god. You touch it's like, oh, that's not so bad. It's ready to it's ready to enjoy because the breading is warm. Wrong, you take a bite of it and your whole frick goull. So I can imagine see, fried beer is probably the same thing, because the breading's probably nice and warm, like okay, and then you got that liquid inside that's just gonna burn your face off.
Speaker 3: Ye. I mean it's like a hot hot pocket, which is basically, if you're thinking about a hot pocket and you're wondering what beer pairs with that, the best way to be inspired is just think about bad decisions and uh, you know, really questionable family members who want to talk to you alone. I feel like, like that's a really awkward conversation, Uncle Joe. I don't really feel comfortable having this conversation. Shut up. It's a hot pocket and this is the beer you drink with it.
Speaker 1: I just feel that like, if you're gonna eat any of these foods, you probably want to get a physical first and then wait for your results to come back and then go out there and try it. Don't do it after because you don't know what you might be sitting on a ticking time bomb, because yeah, these foods aren't healthy for you. But I would get down to some cheeseburger egg rolls and some lobster corn dogs, for sure.
Speaker 3: I'd be all right with that. But I'm gonna say there's some beers that have come out with some ingredients in it, and I look at the sugar content and everything else. I'm wondering if you should get a physical before drinking those beers, and then maybe get a physical after drinking one of those beers because there might be a class action lawsuit in there. I mean, you guys could go and get like, yeah, this beer causes diabetes.
Speaker 1: It's a cholesterol hell. Here's another story.
Speaker 3: By the way, the doctor and doctor Simpson and Pillbeam here.
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm a doctrician. I'm no doctor, but I can tell you right now. I don't need a lab coat to tell you what these foods aren't healthy for you. But hey, here's another story sent to us thanks to our friends over at Superior Pest Control. Uh, this is a new trend. This is I mean just in time for fall Gator wine. So if you're knocking back a few beers this weekend, you think yourself man, I got this palette fatigue, like kind of like, Chad, did you want to change some things up a little bit? Gator wine is trending on social media. Gator Wine, Get this. It's wine plus gatorade, and there's a specific recipe that goes with it. So don't choice to be tossing lemon like gatorade with some charnay that that's just stupid, all right. The recipe is follows right, equal parts of light blue Glacier Freeze Gatorade with any cheap red wine that's less than twelve dollars a bottle that's cheap. That ain't that ain't six dollars cheap, That ain't the two buck chuck, baby, I'm going two buck chuck on that. But apparently apparently it blew up all over our YouTube series and people are just talking about how delicious it is. But there are people that are trying it that are saying that, yeah, they're not the biggest fan of it. We have not tried it here on the show, probably won't either, but yeah, Glacier Freeze Gatorade is what the recipe is calling for, and maybe like a cheap bottle of Barefoot peanut noir and you might vomit, but you also might be hydrated at the same time.
Speaker 4: You know, replenishes those electrolytes.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, with every sip, with every.
Speaker 3: Troy, it comes with a free tide pod so that when you puke on your sheets, you can watch them and get them clean. Canjen? Now? Can Jen do this for us? Because your wife likes to drink wine.
Speaker 1: She's a red wine drinker. Yeah, she can, she can get down on it.
Speaker 3: I think I think we can. We have a special assignment for your wife.
Speaker 1: All right, we will put her on assignment because she does like gatorade. She likes gatorade a lot, and she likes red wine. So but we'll have to get that two buck chuck because I'm I can imagine if she's gonna put her like nice, you know, forty dollars bottle of whatever she drinks. Oh there no, but yeah, gator wine just in time for fall. So if you have that pallette fatigue, just like Chad did last week, and you want to try something different, it's.
Speaker 3: Or or just take a week off of drinking the beer that gave you palette fatigue and come back like I did. I haven't had an IPA for a week and now I'm back on the WAG.
Speaker 1: And that's what it takes. Maybe it just takes a hiatus from it to kind of risk the palette and the taste buds, and you know it comes back. What Try something new, Try some gator wine. Maybe wash it down with some deep fried butter. Who knows?
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, this is an entire show about bad decisions, all right? Coming up on the next week.
Speaker 1: We got going on this week, Chad, I just don't have all the stories in front of me. What do you got going on?
Speaker 3: Oh? Well, we are going to talk about your gut and we're gonna talk about your beer gut in a little different way. And what's happening in Atlantic City? Are they breaking up bars? Well, you're about to find out.
Speaker 1: Ah, so much more. Hang with us. We'll breught back.
Speaker 2: A real partner will make you feel loved, needed and sexy. Wait, it's beer beer already? Does that? What's on Tap Radio? Continuous with James Simpson and Chad Pillbeam.
Speaker 3: And we're back. I'm back on the IPAs. James is back on sudafed or whatever else he's on. Trying to feel a little bit better. A little under the West Harbor lighte Bell's back on third Mic.
Speaker 1: I haven't taken anything yet. I'm just kind of nervous about doing that. But as Chad mentioned, I have mentioned this in the first segment, I apologize as we got on the air, Thatt, I'm a little under the weather. I don't know, maybe it's the changing of the season, but just not feeling my normal self. I'm out. I would say about eighty five percent, but I will tell you yeah about I'm about eighty five. I will tell you about the October Fest from all stat is to treat me nice.
Speaker 3: I find it funny that you are way way better at getting the exact number of IBus and ABV on a beer than you are at declaring your own personal health. I'm about eighty five percent, but you're not really sure. But the man says about sixteen IBus right every time. I mean, the guy never misses.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm a professional beer drinker, not a professional health.
Speaker 3: As we were given a health advice in the last segment, I want to eat what not to eat?
Speaker 1: I'm just saying you don't need a stephanscope around your neck and a lab coat to tell you that you shouldn't probably eat fried butter and cheese and ranch dressing. Whatever. That was a deep fried beer.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what's interesting. Also here at the Beer Logic World headquarters in drinking emporium, we are drinking responsibly here, but I gotta I have to say. It's the first beer that we had. The Centennial Ipa gone, the Marsin gone, and now Bill is opening up another beer. But we are sharing. We're sharing one can of beer. So it's not like we are sprinting through this. It looks it sounds like we are. But some people say, you got a more beer on the show. Okay, well Bill, what did you just open? Another?
Speaker 4: Comeback for Harbor Light Brewery, Maggie's Frog. It's a Goza shower Kiwi lime.
Speaker 3: This totly tart. Wow, Chad likes it. What do you think, dude? Wow? I was not prepared for a sour beer. And I took one big gulp of that and man, I'm gonna fly around the room backwards. That is tart. All right, got pretty good? I don't I'm in shock. I'm gonna have to taste it again here in a few minutes. But all right, whoa, all right, James, I wish I could give you some of this right now across, just reach across the studio. It might fix whatever you got. But that's got a power right in the kisser that gets you right. I mean, seriously, I think I got a canker store. It's so so, it is so tart. Oh right, but wow, that is the first quencher. Speaking of gatoray, pore that and Jen's wine and here's your Gator wine bills.
Speaker 1: I'm working on this experiment. I'm gonna get Jennifer to do a Gater wine.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Speaking of experiments, we we've got a lot of little stories that we've been throwing together, but this one, this one came to us a little bit late and I didn't really flush it out in the production meeting. So I'm gonna go ahead and just tackle this head on. James knows nothing about this, but I'm gonna go ahead and talk about this because I teased it a little bit. He's like, what are you talking about When we went to break I said, yeah, you know, is Atlantic City breaking up bars? And you might be wondering, Well, Atlantic City, that's a destination. It's a vacation town, it's a gambling city. They got they have the infamous boardwalk. Well, unbeknownst to me and maybe craft beer drinkers everywhere and even residents of the Atlantic City. Did you know that there's a homeless encampment beneath the boardwalk.
Speaker 1: Underneath the boardwalk? Yeah, I mean I figured they probably had a homeless encampment because they have them everywhere, but I didn't realize it was one underneath the boardwalk.
Speaker 3: Now, right, but check this out. This is crazy. There is a notorious and that notorious being well known for bad reasons, homeless encampment beneath the iconic boardwalk. And according to the city Director's Health of Human Services, they've described the encampment as an illicit apartment complex apartment resident exactly. See, this is where it gets crazy. It's like, wait a minute, an apartment complex.
Speaker 1: Six D.
Speaker 3: You're get you're picking up what we're throwing down because there are so many residents under there, and they've been there for so long. They've set it up like an apartment complex, and you have to crawl under the boardwalk fifty yards on your belly, So you're crawling through the sand to get under it, and then you hit the opening and then boom. You're in a modern day Hooverville. According to I'm telling you, man, you just show up. There's rooms with heaters, electricity, real beds, they've got wooden floors, they've got yeah, I mean they're picking up all this stuff and they're just building it. They're charging electric bikes down there. They've got hot plates. This is crazy. One tenant, now, this is the one that check this out. You said, yeah, do they have different apartment numbers. Yeah, there's a tenant. But this is what happens when you don't plan. Because I can't even breathe right now, All right.
Speaker 1: Go ahead.
Speaker 3: One tenant. He found a way to get pizzas delivered to the unnamed place by working with fast food delivery companies. He calls in to different places and he gives the Showboat casino address and tells him to deliver to apartment you and you is under the boardwalk, and they know where to deliver the pizzas, and so the sneaky little instructions. They just show up to the delivery drivers and they deliver right to the right spot beneath the boardwalk, and they crawl out and pick it up and take it back in there. But this is a pretty interesting encampment for so many reasons. I mean, this is it's not enough that they've done all of this.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no no.
Speaker 3: They've got living room setups inside of there. They've got work stations in there. There's there's one guy who's lived there for seven years and he's got this set up like his office apartment. And when city officials came to raid his place because Atlantic City officials have said they've had enough and they're going to break it up, and that's how they discovered all this stuff. They're breaking it all up, and he went and knocked on the dude's door. They opened it up, and he had a woman in bed there. He's like, come back later. That's exactly what he's told to come back later because he had a woman there. I mean, this is this is something else.
Speaker 1: Why why would they break it up. I mean they've been doing it for this long. But I mean it's bringing it in like crime and drugs, like nopes or any kind of vice is going on that.
Speaker 3: No, it's arm it's it's considered unsafe. There are a lot of reports and they want to start cleaning it up for whatever reason. But this is the one that gets me right here. These guys, and this is a direct quote from the Health Safety Services, these guys are very resourceful and they have skills because they actually managed to tap into the beer lines at the land Shark Bar and grill and siphon off here. And they have their own bar underneath the boardwalk where they're serving residents beer and they're stealing beer from the local bar.
Speaker 1: Okay, I see there's a problem.
Speaker 3: Here, and so yeah, it's an advanced shandy town, but there was a shakedown and they are coming in and shutting it down.
Speaker 1: The ingenuity, I have to applaud them, so I can imagine it's probably you know, they're doing inventory at the bar and they're like, you know what, our sales aren't matching. Are the amounts of we're going We're going through so much beer? Hair sales aren't matching.
Speaker 3: Then, so I find so technically the Atlantic City city officials are busting up a bar. It just so happens to be an illegal bar in an illegal encampment that's been there for years under the boardwalk in Atlantic City that you have to crawl fifty yards to get to. But they managed to siphon beer off the local local bar in order to give rest.
Speaker 1: I would love, love, love, love to know how they figured that out, or they figured out how to tap into the bars.
Speaker 3: They've they've got the whole place wired up. I mean, where are they getting electricity? I guarantee you you know what, like Centerpoint Energy is not mailing them a bill. Nobody's paying you know, you never know. They may they find this somebody's paying it. But they're siphoning off electricity too.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, money man, how about that.
Speaker 3: I know I saw this. I was like, I I'm just gonna throw this on the table.
Speaker 1: I almost have to applaud them for that.
Speaker 3: I mean, city officials were, they were like, these guys are great, but they gotta go. So, I don't know, this raises the question. I mean, we know that the bar is gonna say, oh finally and we they don't have to worry about, you know, a crime or anything down there. But the real question is where are these people gonna go? I hate to end on a sober note.
Speaker 1: But I mean it's it's like they do in every other city. They ship them out somewhere. Yeah, all right, I remember one of the books coming up next hour. We got to talk about. We're gonna take a closer look at it. How much people gonna spit on beer and hot dogs this NFL season. We got hold my beer and watched this Trump themeed beers and beer consumption around the world will take a look at all. This is so much more hanging out in our number two. We'll be right back.
Speaker 2: The only thing we throw back on Thursday is a pint of beer or two or three. This is What's on Tap Radio. Get back to James and Chad.
Speaker 3: Hold my beer and watch this brought to you by your friends at Ringing All the ten taking Insurance group located in Grand Rapids, Michigan and Holland along the Lake Shore RTI Grand Rapids RTI Grand Rapids dot Com.
Speaker 1: I'd like to welcome you to our number two of What's on Tap Radio, lot of little stories that we're putting together for a giant masterpiece. If you missed the first hour, don't worry. You got the podcast coming up shortly. Thanks to our friends over at cast Rating. I mean, we're on every single podcast platform. I mean podcast platforms I've never even heard of. We'll get an email says congratulations, you are now available on film the Blink podcast platform. I'm like, oh, I appreciate it. I appreciate it. Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you. But you want to follow the show, I encourage you to do that by just checking out our social Facebook, x, Instagram, TikTok, all the betor ones. You send us an email what's on tap red Doo at gmail dot com, like many of our listeners do. We like to get those emails. If you have a story for us, we please appreciate it. Maybe a beer for us to try anything reach out to us. We love chat, love chat. But coming up this hour, after we do a whole mon beer and watch this, we're gonna get political. I mean, we just had the the debate between Trump and Klama Harris, so we got to get political. So let's talk about the Trump than craft beers that are out there. We've talked a lot about these Ultra right Beard, the Hull Cogan Beer, but now the Seltzer. There's a new Seltzer for those that love America. We'll talk about fat.
Speaker 3: So many questions, yeah, so many questions.
Speaker 1: And then Beetlejuice is in theaters. There's a Beetle Juice drink out there that AMC theaters, the selling. We'll talk about that. I mean, got a lot going on on this episode. Lots going on. Chad'll take one more sweep.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was gonna say, you're sitting there, and so James, James, He's like, I don't know if I can pull my weight this week and whenever and by the way, when and if you know, James, he doesn't weigh a ton.
Speaker 1: No, I don't. I don't know.
Speaker 3: I mean I'm overweight. I'm a big dude. And James. I think for if James Gaden like a pound, he'd be like, yeah, I'm so bloated, I'm overweight. He's just not.
Speaker 1: He said, shed some weight. I'm a little bit of it. We do. I got some dad body issues going.
Speaker 3: Okay, But anyway, you're you're pumping the brakes on the beer a little bit because sit you're under the weather.
Speaker 2: Chad.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, what percent are you today?
Speaker 1: I'm about eighty five point three.
Speaker 3: There it is, see the numbers changing. It's going up, folks. He was eighty five when he started the show. Now he's eighty five point three. You the listeners are making it possible because he's he knows you're listening, and he's going on up. And speaking of going on up, well, here's here's what's going down in the news with hold my beer and watch this.
Speaker 2: Hold my beer and watch this. Brought to you by the Ring Malda ten Hacen insurance Group, where they'll cover you for just about everything except this.
Speaker 1: So the last I don't know, two to three weeks, we've been talking about stories from all over the US, and Florida has been kind of out of it, and Florida gets a little jealous Chad and Bill, and Florida gets jealous. Right, hey, hey, that's our thing. That's our thing. What are you doing? Hold my beer and watch this. That's us all right? Back up there, Washington, back up to her Michigan. So we listen. We'll go back to Florida this week. All right. So some criminals apparently care about doing the right thing by following the rules. Otherwise we don't have an explanation and why a female car thief in Florida would call the cops on herself.
Speaker 3: That is right.
Speaker 1: This is right up there with the drunk driver who called nine one one to report a drunk driver on themselves and other drunk dumb criminals. We've done that story about three or four times, we have. But the woman a question is a thirty seven year old her name's Christy Turman, and rapportly was in process of stealing a car from a dealership in Tampa, Florida when she called nine one one so she could do it legally, said the sheriff's office. But last week checked the only way to actually steal a car is to be a repoman taking collateral for the bank. But this Florida woman apparently thought calling nine to one one and filing a report made taking a vehicle is okay. You know, she's just doing the right thing, right, Maybe calling Hey, I'm gonna do this, Can I get permission from you guys? Big shocker? Not can't do that now. We don't know if this lady was a few screws loose, but we can imagine she was probably under the influence of some kind of substance or maybe a few beers. We don't know, but the fact is that she was at a dealership with all kinds of cars available to steal, apparently illegal in her mind, and she stole or attempted to steal a Toyota Corolla, which is actually quite concerning because you have access to all these different cars on the lot, but hey, let's go for the Toyota Corolla. She's not bougie. But if you're going to steal a car, which we don't endorse, just understand there's gonna be some consequences. But apparently Termann told deputies that she stole the car because she was training for a game called Black Ops. Yeah, there was a reason why she did it. And we don't know if it's supposed to be a video game or some kind of TikTok challenge, but honestly, we don't really care at this point, but yeah, she was training for a game of Black Ops. And just to add to our concerns for this woman's states, it sounds like she didn't drive away in the Corolla. She didn't even get hit with a theft charge, but instead she just got slapped with a trustpassing charge. But they did say that she does have a lengthy criminal history, which isn't shocking at all, so she would just slap with a a criminal treuspassing, which to me makes me think that she actually didn't make it out of the dealership with the car. She probably didn't know how to hot wire it or than have keys to it.
Speaker 3: So the other question she should have asked is like, Okay, is this legal? And if so, can someone come down here and hot wire it for me? Because I don't know how to do that. Yeah, she's doing it by the book, but I don't. I don't have the book on hot wire.
Speaker 1: It doesn't really seem to me that she had a game plan. She just was on this quest to train for black ops and she could have. I mean, there's some nice cars out there on a Toyo dealership, but the Corolla aye. I mean corals are a nice car too, But that's what you went for. But uh, here's a little snippet of the nine to one call again. This is thirty seven year old Christy Turman calling nine to one one to ask for permission to steal the car. Let's uh, let's I think that's cut seven because I'm trying to steal a car that's not legally mine. So y'all gonna go make a report. I'm reporting this, yep. So you hold my beer and watched this this week. Can't make this up. Florida woman calls the cops on herself as she's stealing her car or attempting to steal a car, discuss, let's dissect this one.
Speaker 3: Definitely drug starters for starters, I guarantee if she's not a law student, and if she is, they just kicked her out of school because it's like, uh yeah, I just I want to do this on the up and up. This is legal now right, nopp.
Speaker 1: She's played one too many games at grand theft auto. But yeah, hold my beer and watched this this week, brought to you.
Speaker 3: By our friends over at all the shirt HACN Insurance Group right here in West Michigan, my buddy John Klunder, Florida.
Speaker 1: Woman calls the cops on herself as she's stealing her car. So, yep, Florida. I mean, the story's crazy and had to come out of Florida. Doesn't surprise me, No, doesn't at all. But that is your home, my beer and watched this all right, coming up, let's continue on the show with Like I said, let's talk about the NFL. The NFL's back, Let's look at prices of hot dogs and beers this season, and a new selter that's taken America by storm. All so much more.
Speaker 3: Hang with us.
Speaker 1: We'll right back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we drink water, but it has to be filtered through a brewery first. You've got What's on Tap Radio.
Speaker 1: I'd like for you to reach out to us at What's on Tap Radio. You can slide to our DMS, Facebook, TikTok, Instagram, whatever you want to follow us or email us what's on tapriot, gmail dot com. Tell us what black Ops is. And now it's a great beer from Brooklyn Brewing. But that's not what this woman was training for. As she called her cops on herself to ask her asked the police. It feels okay if she stole the car, but I want to know a black OPSI so someone reach out to us, let us know what that is. But yeah, speaking of hold my Beer and Watch this, I kind of want to piggyback off a little extra added value land the app is what we call it getting our friends over Rinaldo Tennek and Insurance Group bring you hold my beer and watch this. But I came across the story and I want to give a little shout out. And I don't know her name. I wish I did, and I apologize that I do not. But there's an eight year old out there, who's a hero? An eight year old used a bat against a robber who was armed with a gun who was attacking her dad at a liquor store. So according to surveillance video, the store shows an arm robber wearing an Amazon uniform and reaching into his pocket before sitting a realistic baby gun on the counter. Store manager Leo the dad says he was preparing to close the store around nine thirty pm one Saturday when the robber walked in and wandered through the store. He came in, he put the gun on the table, asked for all the money and everything in the register, and of course the store manager the dad was like, you know what, my daughter's here. I want to keep her safe. I will give you everything, just don't hurt us. But then the guy comes around the counter, comes into it, and then the store manager takes a swing at him, starts wrestling him to the floor. And then seconds later you see in the surveillance video a little eight year old, brave eight year old take a bat and start beating this guy with the bat, and of course the robber was severely hurts. Police came, he was arrested and he was in courts and pleaded guilty to first degree aggravated robbery. Luckily everyone involved was okay and alleged robber wasn't arrested. But here is the store owner the dad talk a little bit about what happened in this is cut three.
Speaker 6: I tried to talk to him and say, you know what, I got my daughter here. Can you just please put the gone down more a little away from her. I will give you everything, take everything. I'm not dad, I'm not going to be led that happen. I'm coming to her rescue.
Speaker 4: So I'm so proud of her.
Speaker 6: So she's she's so strong that day. I would say, I just I just want to cry when I see the video because I was like, I don't expect she did that.
Speaker 1: You should see this video that the little eight year old just beating the guy with him. It looks like some kind of metal bats just beating him. And like I said, he was wearing an Amazon uniform. Apparently he's working for like a third party company, like a delivery company, and of course he's been fired immediately. But yeah, yeah, I have a little shout out to that little eight year old who saved the day by beating this guy as their dad was wrestling him on the ground with a baseball bat.
Speaker 3: I like that that.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: You have the sound clip of the dad talking about how proud he was of his eight year old kid, just helping out. Also cut three here, no cut two. Sorry, we have a sound clip of the father of the thirty four year old who was in Florida calling the cops on herself to steal a vehicle. Here, let's roll cut two. What the hell's wrong with you? Okay? There that was cut. That was the father of the thirty four year old, just being interviewed, wanting to know what was wrong with his daughter thinking that it was legal to call in and check out a vehicle.
Speaker 1: I kind of figure out what black ops is because that's what she told me she was training for black Ops.
Speaker 2: What is that?
Speaker 1: Is that a TikTok thing?
Speaker 3: Or is that a video game? I want to know what that? I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 1: Someone, like I said, someone reach out to us, let us know.
Speaker 3: Also, hey, speaking of land Yap, Harlte Bill just you know, putting in the overtime. He's like, you know, you guys paying me the big bucks. This is why I got to add value here. Yeah, he's like, he hands me his phone, He's like, check this out. Man in the movie iron Man, speaking of land yaps, going back to our fun fact, you know, you can talk about the Star Trek movie, but Iron Man, in the scene with the big arc reactor, it was shut at Granite City Brewery. So another movie that uses a brewery to uh film their their their their movie, because it's it's a scene that frankly lends itself. If you've ever been in a brew with these huge barrels, these huge fermenters, I mean it's kind of iconic. I mean it looks very impressive.
Speaker 1: Well, they're also very loud. I can imagine that it'd probably be difficult to film a movie scene in a brewery with all the equipment and a forklifts is backing up and all that.
Speaker 3: But well they probably shut down the brewery while they're failing.
Speaker 1: Shut down a brewery, kidding mean, I'll kill production.
Speaker 3: We got beer to make, you got beer to brew?
Speaker 1: Hey? Uh, real quick? Can I piggy back off the movies?
Speaker 3: Please?
Speaker 1: Okay? So beetlejuice, beetlejuice, jue. I can only say it twice, right, can't say now? You say it three times and I said, it's like, I can't say it. I can't say it anymore. But anyways, the movies and theaters and I'm loving it because this is a movie that I grew up watching when I was a kid, and now it's back in theaters the sequel of it, and AMC Theaters is now selling a special drink to honor of Beetle Juice. Beetlejuice the name of the movie. It's called the Sam Worn Slayer Sand Warm Slayer, and it's a twenty four hours cocktail made with blue and black raspberry juice, premium vodka, and it's topped with gummy worms. And it's going viral because someone said that they paid how much you want to give us for this drink? Twenty four hours cocktail, black raspberry juice and so called premium vodka.
Speaker 3: Bill take a stab twenty seven fifty.
Speaker 1: Close close thirty one dollars.
Speaker 3: Oh man, I feel like we were on the prices right there. That was gonna be my second guest.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So the video is going viral just because the fact that someone said it was thirty one dollars in a course be like, why would you spend thirty one dollars on it, but AMC actually responded to that post. They claimed that the Sandstorm Slayer is actually twenty one dollars, but the one when viral was purchased in Illinois, where it's more expensive because of state liquor pricing loss.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna go out on a limb here. I'm seeing a theme in this show. This is a theme we didn't pick up in the production A producers, do your job. This could have been the theme right here. Okay, you spend twenty seven dollars on a ridiculous cocktail like that, you phone the authorities to uh calling on yourself to ask if it's legal to steal a car, and you go to Fredericksburg and you don't go to the all stop brewery. What do they all have in common? You're dumb? That's it right there, there's our theme.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there you go.
Speaker 3: We didn't we didn't anticipate that. I did anticipate calling people dumb.
Speaker 1: But are you willing to pay twenty one dollars for a beverage called Sandstorm Slayer? No, you can watch Beetle Juice Beetle Juice at AMC Willy. It's a ninety two percent of locations nationwide. So there you go. Let us know if you go out there and try. I don't know. I'm not a big I don't want to go to the theaters much anymore.
Speaker 3: We went, we went Solve with everything on demand.
Speaker 1: We went Solid Dominion's movie, which was pretty funny with the kids. But yeah, most of the time you just wait a few weeks and then you can just rent it in stream at your house. And you know, I don't have to spend twelve dollars for a beer. I can just go grab one out of my fridge. Facts.
Speaker 3: All right, Well, speaking of dumb, let's flip the script. Uh what a yeah? Oh yeah, yeah? What if I told you a beer gut's actually really smart?
Speaker 1: I don't know. Well, my doctor would say otherwise, because I am.
Speaker 3: Well, I work with a little gut here. Then your doctor is not doctor Jinxingjli of the Delan Medical University in China.
Speaker 1: It's not because it's not her, it's not them.
Speaker 3: Him here, or whatever it is. But doctor Xinjiang Lie of the Delan Medical University says that beer is much more than a social LUBRI can't it is a gut enhancer and is being compared to pro biotics. Yes, the new research out there suggests that liquid bread could be providing you more than the warmth of the oh yeah, the alcohol and the tastiness and all the deliciousness that you want. But they've done studies on it and looking at it throughout history, and it's been a historical delight. But it turns out that many societies and communities have been drinking beer around the world for centuries and even millennia because of its probiotic effects. And the new studies are saying that they that beer. I love this and not only does it hold an unshakable position as the most consumed alcoholic beverage globally, but it is a probiotic and when consumed in moderation, this liquid bread has many health benefits. Time. We've talked about the health benefits of beer before on the show, but for a research institute in China and for doctors to now say that beer in moderation is good for your gut, they say good gut health is essential. Ladies and gentlemen, I encourage you to take up the advice of Shing Jing Jing Lee of the Dali or Dnale on institute in China, and drink beer for your gut. Beer gut has a healthy gut because it's a probiotic gut.
Speaker 1: All right. See, we're not experts, that don't we're not doctors, okay.
Speaker 3: So take our word for it.
Speaker 1: It's according to doctor Shing Jings lie exactly right. All right, let's take a break. Coming up, let's talk about the NFL. How much you're gonna pay for a beer and a hotdog at this this season, all this so much more, hang with us right back.
Speaker 2: On average, humans walk nine hundred miles per year, entering twenty two gallons of beer, which means the average human gets forty one miles per gallon. Not ben, What's on tap Radio continues.
Speaker 1: You know, despite me not feeling my best, I'm that like eighty four point six percent. No. I love this time of year, you know. I obviously I'm a huge Octoberfest fan just because it's you know, I like Marzins and october Fest. But you know, the cooler weather's finally coming around. The NFL is back on TV, college football is back. It's gonna be a long season for my Cougars. I'm telling you, man, it's a long season for my cougars, not doing too well, not doing too well so far. So whatever your team is, whoever your team is.
Speaker 3: Go team. But I just a team. I like that.
Speaker 1: But it's just that time of year where, you know, especially here where we live in the in the Gulf Coast, where we can finally you know, open the winds and let the breeze come in where the humidity is kind of drying up a little bit. But yeah, I just love this time of year, you know, and go down to the game. Now, some people they don't watch NFL, they watch college football and vice versa. Maybe do you watch both, Chad, I'm a college you're more in college football.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we've got season tickets. We go, we go to the Spartan games, and that's our gig. That's our gig. I mean, you know, we we hang out with the band, but we go. I mean, we're there for tailgating and band. But let's just be honest. If there's no football game, there's no tailgating, right, there's no band performance. I mean, so that's what I mean. We're there for the football game. Let's just you know, tie it all together.
Speaker 1: But how much are you gonna pay? For a hot dog at Spartan Stadium. Is it Spartan Stadium.
Speaker 3: It is Spartan Stadium, and every so every third quarter of every game, because my my lunch food is kind of war off from tailgating by then, and I go down and I get myself a broadworst.
Speaker 1: Okay, every you get it. Every game you get a little dome foam with it as well.
Speaker 3: No, actually the last well, I had one beer in there for the opening week and then I it was a Bell's Oberon because I was looking for the Sparti party from Big Lake. And I still can't believe that you can't get a Sparti party inside the stadium. I mean, it's Spartan Stadium and it's a Sparti party, but it was made. It's all green, white and everything, so I thought for sure. But beer like an Oberon is it's a sixteen ounce can of Oberon and it goes for I want to say, twelve bucks, and a sixteen ounce can of cors Leg goes for ten bucks, and a bratwurst goes for six bucks, and a hot dog goes for five. So a dog and a beer, which, by the way, dog and a beer lined from a movie Field of Dreams, spoken by the late James Earl Jones.
Speaker 1: Perence man, Yeah, appearance man.
Speaker 3: Does there and yep, Kevin Costra ask him. He's like, it's like, what do you want? And he's like, I'll tell you what I want. And he goes in this long tirade and he's like, no, I mean, what do you want. He's like, oh, because they're staying the concessions and he's like, dogging a beer. Dogging a beer? All right, Well, dogging a beer at Spartan Stadium cost you if you're just getting a generic beer, generic dog fifteen bucks, dogs, five beers ten.
Speaker 1: About sixteen bucks fifteen oh, fifteen fifteen bucks, fifteen bucks.
Speaker 3: Okay, yep, we're dogging a beer.
Speaker 1: Well this week at the story about this time of year each year. But there's a website called dot com they put together. They went around and they put together a list of how much you're gonna spend on a dog and a beer at pretty much every NFL stadium this season. But not all the prices are the same. So here's some stadiums where the brewis and dogs cost the most.
Speaker 3: Can I predict? Can I predict the cheapest and the most expensive.
Speaker 1: Okay, go go to the most expense. Let's start with the most expensive. Go to the most expensive bill you get it.
Speaker 3: One LA I was gonna say, Sam Francisco, No.
Speaker 1: LA is actually number two?
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: Number one is Seattle Seahawks. You're gonna pay nineteen dollars and ninety eight cents, so basically twenty dollars for a dog and a beer. LA Rams and LA Chargers nineteen dollars and forty nine cents, so a little under twenty dollars. And the Chicago Bears, New Orleans Saints, Jacksonville Jaguars are basically at nineteen dollars for the most expensive, can.
Speaker 3: I guess cheapest?
Speaker 1: And so let's see this says New Orleans has the most expensive beers at twelve dollars, while the price is the hot dogs in Seattle and Los Angeles are a little more expensive than in New Orleans. But the stadiums where the beers cost at least the number one can I guess yep? Detroit Cockers, No, the number one Atlanta Falcons.
Speaker 3: That was my second guest. I thought I thought it was Detroit. Then Atlanta.
Speaker 1: No, Atlanta, you're gonna pay seven dollars and forty nine cents for a dog and a beer. Apparent wow, Miami Dolphins nine dollars and ninety eight cents.
Speaker 3: That's still a good deal.
Speaker 1: Yeah uh. And the Houston Texans, Baltimore Ravens, Detroit Lions all came just under twelve dollars for both.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, well the Lions had a good season last year, so they probably jacked up the prices.
Speaker 1: There are four teams that only charged five dollars and forty nine cents for a beer. Four teams that only charge five dollars and forty nine cents, which is a very interesting five fifty. The New York Jets, Detroit Lions, Miami Dolphins, and the Atlanta Falcons.
Speaker 3: See there, So Atlanta and Detroit, if we're just doing the beer, they're right there at the bottom. Yeah, okay, all right, that makes sense.
Speaker 1: So Atlanta also, Atlanta has also has the cheapest dogs at two dollars a dog. That's a good price for a dog. And you get this, twenty two teams charged more for beer than what the Atlanta Falcons charged for both. So remember Atlanta Falcons, they seven dollars and forty nine cents, So.
Speaker 3: Wow yeaheah wow, yep.
Speaker 1: So you're going out to a NFL game this season, be prepared to pay at some of these stadiums as much as fifteen dollars and you know, a couple of cents for a beer and.
Speaker 3: A hot dog this season twenty bucks in Seattle.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So just know that if we're going out to a game and you're looking to get a good deal for a beer and a dog, you're about to spend two hundred and fifty dollars for a ticket to sit through the game. Sober.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, problem is yeah, yeah. Problem with going to get cheap beer and the dog in Atlanta is you have to fly into that awful airport.
Speaker 1: All that airport is bad.
Speaker 3: It is so bad, it is bad.
Speaker 1: All right. Speaking of beers, we've been talking a lot about this ultra right beer America right, and also whole coking beer, the whole coking beer going around and what did they say, the limited edition can of Trump, you know, holding his fist.
Speaker 3: That's the ultra right and then the whole.
Speaker 1: Attempt of the assassination. It was sold over a million.
Speaker 3: But there's a million dollars, million dollars for the.
Speaker 1: Sales yeah, but you know they said, you know, hey, the Seltzer's got to get on this train, introducing the Patriots. Now, what is the Patriot, you's ask The Patriot established in twenty twenty four, The Patriot is a THHC beverage company out of Houston, Texas. Right here right, we're on broadcasting.
Speaker 3: Oh I know, yeah, okay, all right, And so the Patriot.
Speaker 1: Drinks are infused with premium THHC and crafted with all natural flavors. The refreshing sipping beverage is a low dose, low calorie alternative to alcohol, and the Patriot embodies the bold, adventurous American spirit with the best America has to offer. And apparently some of the flavors they have the Patriot American flavor. The og Patriot, which is the America flavor, tastes like freedom in a can, boulder, refreshing lemon line THHD Seltzer that captures the essence of America with every sip. Chad, just.
Speaker 3: I just have my hands over my face because I mean, I've got her head now, like I I want to be so mean right now and just smash smash somebody in the.
Speaker 1: Marketing the way, hang on Chad.
Speaker 3: Sorry, yeah, yeah, you forgot the eagle screech I forgot Okay, all right, tell me what the seltzer? Can you go back to the notes on that? I want to know what the seltzer tastes like? Again? I want to I want to hear it one more time for those who missed it here it is? What is it? What does the seltzer taste like?
Speaker 1: Well, it basically has it tastes like freedom? Yep, a free tom a refreshing lemon lin thg seltzer that captures the essence of America there, it is essence of americash.
Speaker 3: What the hell does that mean? It's a freaking seltzer.
Speaker 1: It wasastes like freedom, damn it.
Speaker 3: It's it's got THC in it? Right? Freedom? What does that mean? Like, hold on a second, correct me if I'm wrong, but it's got THC in it? It does which which is legal to put in a drink? It's alcohol in it, right, but right as long as doesn't have alkoholic. But correct me if I'm wrong. But weed's not legal in Texas, is it?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: Yeah? So where's what's that freedom taste?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 3: I mean? Because weed's not legal?
Speaker 4: Has if you can't put it in an alcohol Is that is that a non alcoholic seltzer?
Speaker 1: Then well, yeah, because you can't have alcohol and thhdc, yeah you can't.
Speaker 3: It's yeah, it's I'm just blown away by the lack of originality because I mean it's like, well, nobody's done a seltzer yet that tastes like freedom in a can and the essence of patriotism with every sip. And it probably says premium on it too. I guarantee fricking says premium. Tell me it says premium.
Speaker 1: And the patriot drinks are infused with premium tuc and flavors.
Speaker 3: I knew anything. And the only thing that's premium is the eagle screech right there. If you hit that, that's the only thing premium. And that right there.
Speaker 1: Everybody's getting on this freedom train, Chad, everybody's getting on the freedom chain.
Speaker 3: There is no way that we are capturing a segment of the market. People sitting around like, finally a seltzer that tastes like freedom. I'm done. I'm off my soapbox. That grinds my gears.
Speaker 1: All right, we gotta take a break. Still, much more to get to in the last segment What's on Tap Radio, including we gotta talk about the Trump theme, beers and so much more. Hang with this one more, it's all I'm asking for it. We'll be right back.
Speaker 2: Beer has hops, hops or plants.
Speaker 3: Plants make salad, so.
Speaker 2: Beer is salad. Yeah, What's on Tap Radio?
Speaker 3: James and Chad talking about beer. Tantrick Brewing Company proud sponsors of What's on Tap Radio. We want to thank them for joining us on the program each and every week and making it possible for us to bring you this fine radio program. You ever see me, Chad Pilbeam, the beer Logic guy hanging out there, stop in for free What's on Tap Radio? High five?
Speaker 1: Now, I was just getting warmed up and here we are in the last segment of What's on Tap Radio.
Speaker 3: I feel better.
Speaker 2: I am.
Speaker 1: I'm I'm eighty eight point three percent right now. Remember I'm little under the weather, a little under the weather. But we made it the last segment. Thanks for our friends over at Tantrick Brewing Company to you bringing our last segments.
Speaker 3: Yes, thank you to the Green Company for hooking us up and making this all possible. A place where dreams are made and memories are made. And speaking of dreams and memories, we're going to open one up here to end the show. Bill's gonna crack it open. He's got a lot of questions. He wants to know why I have an eight point one percent malt liquor known as Steel Reserve, which is no longer in production to the best of my knowledge.
Speaker 1: And still reserve out there in the wilderness.
Speaker 3: Oh, this is one of the beers that we talked about. They said they were going to discontinue, so I saved this for a special occasion in honor the memory of Heavy Heavy Kevy, my uncle Pablo Cruz, fan and fellow beer drinker while he was with us, just a great man. And we're gonna pour this was his beer, so to Heavy Steel Reserve. Yeah, malt liquor probably tastes like crap, but you know what it's for him. So here we go. Yep, doesn't disappoint. Actually doesn't disappoint. We thought it with taste like crap, and it does. All right, did not disappoint. That's going in the yard, folks. All right, last segment here, James and I were going to talk about a couple of things. We're going to bring the show home with a.
Speaker 1: I got a couple of stories you got to get to before we get out of here. I do want to take a little look around the world of how beer consumption by regions around the world. And I mean, year after year, fifteen years straight, Chad Asia continues to be the top region for beer consumption around the world with thirty four percent of global market share.
Speaker 3: Well, they have the most people. But if I live there, I drink too. That's that's Bill Harbor, light Bird. You can you can find him there.
Speaker 1: I mean the global the global beer industry. I mean it's fastens, diverse many corners of the world, creating distinct bruise from blends of hops, malls and brewing styles. And again, fifteen years straight, Asia just continues to be the top region for consumption, followed by Europe at twenty six percent global market share. Then we have Central and South America nineteen percent, North America look at that at twelve percent, and then going down on the list, oh, Africa is at eight percent, in the Middle East Middle East at one percent. But yeah, Europe, yeah they follow they like to uh in Chechia and Austria and Poland standing that's the leading nation's most beer consumption per capital worldwide.
Speaker 3: I am shocked that the Middle East, of all those Muslim nations, only make up one percent of the world's consumption. With all their people, they have a huge population and they make up one percent.
Speaker 1: All right, Yeah, but as terms of production, Germany exceeded all other European nations by far, seven point six billion leaders, making up more than twenty two percent of production in the European Union. Spain followed next with three point nine billion leaders.
Speaker 3: It's funny because every news story you read is Germans are drinking less beer, kind of like here in the United States. So Americans are drinking less be like Canadians are drinking less beer.
Speaker 1: Well, and you know they're drinking less beer in they're drinking less beer. In North America. They're down four percent.
Speaker 3: And you know why, because there's finally a seltzer that tastes like freedom. I'm sorry, there's no, that's not true. Okay, that's miss that's a very misleading the show we do it. We do like to interject a little bit of humor.
Speaker 1: And the Middle East actually has some growth at seven percent, So okay, there's still one percent of global market share though.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly, all right, seven percent growth in the in the Muslim countries, but still making a one percent of the world's beer consumption. Yep, despite having what what being you know as far as population goes, like the number two most densely populated area of the world.
Speaker 1: All right, So that's the look of beer consumption around the region. And yeah, I like to look at that every now and then see how the world is consuming and what the world's consuming, how much they're consuming.
Speaker 3: So this patriotic beer that we've been talking about, I'm meant in the last episode that it is really a political machine that just uses beer. But I mean, come on now there, Yeah, and they're supporting Donald Trump. Well, here are a bunch of a list of ten beers and we'll try to get to all ten, but ten beers that are being produced in the United States that are not really an endorsement of Donald Trump but quite the opposite. I find it interesting because there are no think I think I found one beer out there that just called itself Liberal Tears, but overall, there is no there are no beers out there that are attacking Kamala Harris. But Donald Trump's a pretty easy target.
Speaker 1: Yes he is.
Speaker 3: So these are some of the beers that you can find out there if you want to have a collection of the ten great ist anti Trump beers, because you know, we know that the pro Trump beers are making, you know, selling millions of dollars with this idea, and maybe this beers that no one's ever had, right, yeah, that's true. Well I don't know if you've had these, but dump the Trump IPA. Clearly a not a ringing endorsement. This is one I don't remember, but from twenty seventeen he had a weird tweet called cove Fiefee's yeah, and it's there's cove fee fee pale ale.
Speaker 1: All right, what wait, hang on, I'm reading this story, and dump the Trump American IPA from New Zealand.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, yeah, there are people all over the world who hate the guy. There's Trump Golden Ale in honor of how he feels about himself as the golden child and the golden one and the perfect one. I like the of course, there's Magalager. That's just way too easy now that one there, Maga Lager. That's probably one that endorses him.
Speaker 1: I'm sure there's gotta be at least one out there that endorses him.
Speaker 3: Well, this would be it. It's definitely not the not the one called sad Lagger just sad how he says it. Yeah, when when when when Trump always says it and he gets upset and he's like, that's sad. It's like his way of saying China just he has a very unique way of saying is it kind of the same?
Speaker 1: What kind of beers these are? I mean, I mean, I know you said the I p as, but.
Speaker 3: Those are just loger just says lagger, Yeah, light lager. But if you were looking for a double I p A, how about stable genius? Because that's how he refers to himself, right, I'm a stable genius. I can run this country.
Speaker 1: You gotta you gotta give to the breuies that are jumping on the pop culture though.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, and and of course the argument there is anybody who calls himself and has to call themselves a stable genius? Are they really stable? And are they really a genius? You just got to ask the question. I'm not I'm not picking sides, I'm just pointing out the obvious. This one I think actually might be an endorsement of him. To make America juicy again.
Speaker 1: That's a good name for a beer.
Speaker 3: I think that's a great one.
Speaker 1: What where they out of?
Speaker 3: Oh I didn't get that in the liner notes.
Speaker 1: Here make America juice again.
Speaker 3: Do you know the brewers looked at Yeah, you see it.
Speaker 1: You see it in the liners heretic brewing? Where are they out of heretic brewing?
Speaker 3: Bill?
Speaker 1: Get on that California from California. Oh, they're not supporting. No they're not. Yeah, yeah, that's that's not supporting.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I know you always gotta you always got to ask, Wait, where's the brewerylocated?
Speaker 3: Right? Well, I ripped the I ripped the names of the beers off for the for the story.
Speaker 1: Okay, I got grab it because.
Speaker 3: I wasn't sure we're gonna get to all ten. I thought the names. But here we go, fake news New England. I P a collusion Russian imperial style. That's that's clever because it you know, Russian collusion, right, So it's the collusion Russian imperial stout this one. I I like this one. Here, this is the last one that makes up our list of ten, and that is the bigly tremendous I P a big lee it's a tremendous I p a very very bigly, very tremendous I pa.
Speaker 1: Is that one of his other little uh things he says on Twitter?
Speaker 3: Big lee big well Bigley was one of the things he said, I think in a debate and he he meant to say, or what he was intending to say, was big league, So like, I'm a big league player, this is these are big league decisions. You're playing in the minors, and he said big le big lely and it just rolled off and everybody's like big lead and started making fun of it. But the one that didn't make the list, and it disappoints me because it's an award winning beer and we heard about it at the Great American Beer Festival and there's James getting ready for it. Where is Trump hands session IPA? It's a small IPA looks so big in your hands.
Speaker 1: That's the first thing that I saw this list of the Trump thean Craft beers. I was like, there's no Trump hands on this. This list stinks all right.
Speaker 3: Well, on that note, we gotta put a bow on the show and wrap it up. It's been a lot of fun throwing it together, James, I hope you're feeling better, Harbert Bill hanging out here. We're just having a good time. But we gotta thank these wonderful sponsors, include.
Speaker 1: That being Tangent Brewing, Superior Pest Control, Britological Conference Events we know it today. Insurance grew with the backyard grill keeping the light's nice and bright here in studios, Harbor Light Brewing of course sponsoring our podcast which is available I mean everywhere cast branding. So for mister Brida Logic, Chap Hill Beam, Harbor LIGHTE Brewing, Bill kid the brewing in there because you know you're a brewer, Bill, I am Bruigo Jameson saying, thanks for checking out what's on tap for you. We hope you enjoyed it. We hope that you enjoins but whatever, actually back your shore next week. See you the post. Cheers