Speaker 1: It's a nice time with Dan Ray Ondulian Easy Boston's news Radio.
Speaker 2: Hid thanks a lot, one more hour to goo here on the Dan Rag Show. Gary Tangleig feeling it for Dan as you just heard. Been a great show so far, awesome Show'd like to thank all the guests. We're enjoining us, but we always finished strong here on WBZ as we bring in my friend from the West Coast, he is going to update us on the world. No pressure. Sam Metler, Welcome to the show right here on WBZ. Sammy, First of all, how are you and how's the family?
Speaker 3: The family is good. But Gary, before we get to the information, I just got to thank you for giving me Dan Shaughnessy as my leading You know, why didn't you just have Bird or Brady or Exoom, Paul Revere.
Speaker 4: You know, I mean, Seannes is the last man standing.
Speaker 2: He is he is the last you go to the Globe, you get a shot in the article, Boom, you know, he's going to tell you like it is. He takes no prisoners. He's the last warrior out there.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Well, there's one thing I miss about Boston. So yeah, I mean we're fine here.
Speaker 2: It's in details because the problem is, well, this is what I want to get to with you here.
Speaker 4: We get a lot to cover. I want to get to the truth.
Speaker 3: Okaycacular failures, Yeah sure, yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean you're on the ground, you're there. Is your house still standing?
Speaker 3: My house is still standing. And I you know, before I complain like a jerk right about how you know we've had to leave the house and how we had no power, and I mean like that, that just pales into in comparison to family that we have that lost everything and friends that we've had that have lost everything. Gary. Imagine if Wellesley burned to the ground, or a swamp scut or Sharon, you know, imagine if these places just burnt, you know, entire town just gone. And that's what happened here. I mean, it is it's it's unimaginable, the devastation, and it's just I mean, what we went through was like nothing. I mean, yes, anxiety right seeing smoke because we're in a canyon, right. La is separated. The city is split in two by the Santa Monica Mountains and there is the Los Angeles Basin, which is where you know, downtown LA is in Hollywood and Beverly Hills and bel Air and Pacific Palisades, right. I mean, all of these areas are in you know, the city piece of La Then there's the valley, and that's you know, people hear about the San Fernando Valley, and it's where Burbank and where Universal City is and where Encino and Tarzanna and Calabasas and Wooden Hills are. And the most expensive and most desirable property in the Los Angeles area is within those foothills and canyons that separate the city from the valley. And it is where you see the only green in Los Angeles. I mean, Gary, you've flown out here a bunch of times. It is it is flat, and it is brown, right. I mean, even when you fly over Boston you see green. Right. I mean there are trees everywhere here, not so only in the foothills and the canyons and the mountains, the Santa Monica Mountains. And of course that is the area that is dangerous and that's the area where the especially in a town like this. I've said it before. I always describe La as where the desert meets the ocean, right, right, And I mean it's it's very you know, if you think about all the old John Wayne movies right where it was chaparral and tumbleweed and desert and canyons. That's what La looked like before it was built up. And so this the only green here. By the way, Gerry palm trees are not indigenous to Los Angeles.
Speaker 4: They ship them in, absolutely, yeah.
Speaker 3: They ship them in. Then they grow them here. I mean they do grow them, but I mean they are not indigenous here. They can't survive. Well, they do survive here, but they would have here otherwise.
Speaker 2: Even well they can survive in Venice and Santa Monica.
Speaker 3: Well they survive. I mean I guess that they've you know, maybe have have have created a hybrid that works well here, but yeah, they I mean they would not grow here naturally, right, So, so Gary, the Palisades is the is the part of LA. It's like a suburb that is in the foothills where La really meets the beach, right it is. It is just north of Santa Monica and just south of Malibu, and it is I mean, nothing like this has ever happened before in an area that so populated here, you know, unless you're talking about you know, one hundred years ago or more that there was a bell Air fire. I think in the oh gosh, it might have been the sixties. But it's still nothing like this. You know, these things are, by the way, all of them, every single one of them, are caused by humans. Right. It's either a spark off of something, whether that be a mower or a leaf blower especially right, or some kind of machinery, or it is inadvertent folks making campfires. Maybe they're homeless, maybe they're camping and they don't know how dangerous it is. Or there's arson, and those are really the causes of the fires here and they haven't found out what it was, and they probably will, by the way, because they're excellent at investigating these things. But the yeah, it was a spectacular failure of government and of allocating funds to the correct resources. But listen, I mean, going to the inauguration of the President of Ghana is very important for the mayor of l A, you know, it is it's required attendance for the mayor of la to leave a city to go to an African inauguration, just before she is warned that there is a very dangerous fire condition happening. And plus Gary she promised when she was running that she would not travel out of the country. She's broken this promise four times.
Speaker 4: Why make the promise?
Speaker 3: Well, because this is what she did as a congress person, right, I mean, this is a congresswoman. They travel all the time on these phony blogoney tricks right where they're treated like you know, kings and queens. And you know, somebody somebody just texts me, what about the wind that takes down electrical wires that's in the same company as as sparks off of a lawnmower. But yet that's another reason that's human made. Somebody's already you know, someone's already given me a hard time about the information they're getting from.
Speaker 4: That means you're doing your job real quickly.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, what.
Speaker 2: I don't know if you feel comfortable giving an opinion on this, But do you have any idea or have you read or have you heard what percentage of chances this could be arson?
Speaker 3: You know, listen, it's what percentage? You know, it's a decent percent I mean like, but I mean.
Speaker 2: Because here here's some of the folklore we hear back east. You have environmentalists that want to make a point. People are demonstrating. I mean, is there anything to that or is that all just now?
Speaker 3: Gary? And I learned this early when uh, you know, doing uh programming on mental illness. Arson is a big feature in the mentally ill uh. And it is really about the this power and excitement of causing mayhem and uh something that is that is huge and bigger than than than one is and destruction and you know, very rarely will you get I mean, certainly an environmentalist who wants to kill all the animals. I mean that's silly. So yeah, I mean this was not a political I mean I highly doubt this was anything political. Right, was it someone who just goes you know, who's who's out of their mind? Maybe? Right? But but even that is less is less often, uh less, It happens much less often than someone who threw a cigarette down, Garrett. I mean someone in Griffith Park here was playing golf, threw a cigarette down, went to step on it and ignited the entire fairway and his leg and it was so precarious. And the issue here was, you know, and I know, don't politicize an event like this, can't you do? And both parties do it? Right? You know, when there is you know, when there's a mass shooting, Democrats come out and they say guns, and the Republicans say, how dare you make this political? Right? And now with this fires and you know, failures in government, then the Republicans say, you know, this is the failure and the Democrats say, how dare you to politicize? Both do it right? But I mean, it's so important that this stuff doesn't happen again. And there was enormous mismanagement from the water Commission. Here there's a woman who is making seven fifty grand a year, right, so you know, in the middle of fire season, as the reservoir in the Palisades empty, there were hydrants that were checked ahead of time. Now people said, oh, the pressure couldn't take it. The pressure couldn't take these hydrants were checked and were malfunctioning before the fires happened. There was I mean enormous there is. I mean talk about in cutting the cutting the budget. Now, seventeen million is not huge, huge money to cut from the budget, but guess what they needed more not less. I mean, I don't know if you saw the footage of all of the fire vehicles, engines and planes and trucks that are simply grounded and stuck in a parking lot because they can't afford to repair them.
Speaker 4: Sammy hold, I thought we have to take a break. We're going to continue in this.
Speaker 2: Sam Metler is in California setting the scene in giving us the facts on the disasters fire. We'll be back after this on WBZ.
Speaker 1: Now back to Dan Way live from the Window World night Side Studios on WBZ News Radio, Gary.
Speaker 2: Tank Weave for dinner tonight and Sam Methlis a man on the ground in California, discussing the fire situation. So let's back up to what you were talking about, how you have how it's been inapt and what I don't understand is I look at fire. There's been so much publicity about fires on the West Coast, natural disasters and so forth, that I don't understand how the state of California could not treat the threat of fire on the same level as the threat of terrorism.
Speaker 3: Gary. It doesn't happen like clockwork, right. It's not like New England in the winter where you're prepared where because we know it's coming right right this they Gary putting money into fixing trucks and fire engines ain't sexy. It's not going to be on the news where frankly, the folks out here who are far too left are going to sit and mop their eyes because someone has been helped. And you know, Gary, I'm a moderate. I mean they're they're you know, both parties have crazies, right and the far left, the far left and the far right.
Speaker 4: That's why you're on the show.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this, this, this city, and this state are far to one sided left right, and you need a balance, right. You need a bunch of you know, heard asses like Republicans who say no, we're not going to pay for that, right, and you need some Democrats saying, well, people are suffering and we got to pay for at least this. And both of them have to shut up and you know, get this thing going again, Gary, They have not, and this is you know, the incoming president didn't put it too well, but they have wasted water here for years. Guess what percentage all of the residential usage, residents use of water in this in this state? Right, what do you think? What do you think is the residential usage? What percentage of the total water usage residential? Yeah, I got I would lower five lower, way lower?
Speaker 4: Wow, Well, give me the number. I didn't think it was out low.
Speaker 3: It's it's under five percent. Yes, And the going agriculture is enormous.
Speaker 4: Oh, I get that right. Irrigation, irrigation.
Speaker 3: You know how much water it takes to make an almond. It's ridiculous, I mean it really, And and and then there's the then there are the pet projects. You know, Trump talked about the smelt, right, the government was wasting I don't know how many millillions of gallons of water to try to save the smelt. And meanwhile they told everyone in Los Angeles to cut their water usage or they were going to tag them with attacks. We're using five percent, you know, and people are shaming some shaming each other for watering their lawn or flushing the toilet too many times or whatever it is. It's like, we cannot we can't make a dent in the water usage of California. Right, and all this time they were supposed to be making a reservoirs and collection for rain water. We had the biggest rains in I don't know how many years last year, right, not a drop was saved. So yeah, it was it was something.
Speaker 4: So where does it stand right now?
Speaker 3: Sam? The fires where Okay, it is twenty hold on there, I have the number twenty seven percent contained. They really like to see it hitting thirty five percent contained for it to be really safeish. And that that doesn't mean that there, you know, is still fire raging. Right. If they're sixty five percent that's uncontained, that just means that you know, they're embers and there's stuff and they you know it's not it's not out completely right. I have it got as close as three and a half miles are south and three and a half miles to our east right, and we just kept watching and watching and it has not moved any closer in the last four days. The biggest problem here is the news. Gary, New Englanders wouldn't be able to stand for it. I mean it is. It is horrendous the news here. First of all, the weather, I hate to say it, the weather bimbos, Holy cow, everyone is stacked like a brick. You know what and they're reading off a teleprompter. Is that none of them are meteorologists, you know, like Schwegler and Albert in the Hey days, right, so they do not report where the fire actually is.
Speaker 2: Well, we had Daniel noise On earlier who from NBC ten, who's meteorologists?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I got yeah, I get it.
Speaker 3: Well, it's like I want to know where the fire is. Where is it? Okay, if there's sixty five percent that's uncontained, where is it burning? You will not see the news.
Speaker 4: Well I listen. Los Angeles news has never been I mean.
Speaker 2: Basically, if you're too ugly to be in the movies or be an entertainment reporter, I mean you go down the list, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: Oh, yeah, that's that's the way it works in.
Speaker 2: L A with with TV news. But so is there a forecast? And when they feel this will be for lack of a better term, put out.
Speaker 3: Of course it's not. I mean they don't want to tell anyone anything.
Speaker 4: Well how would they? How would they know?
Speaker 3: Though?
Speaker 4: I mean, it's just going to go on for a month?
Speaker 3: I mean no, I mean the problem is when you say, is it going to go on for months? The conditions are here, right, the places that burned can't burn anymore, right, they're burned to the ground. However, you know, you get these folks that watch and the lights in the tragedy and the excitement, and yeah, I mean they listen, are Boston's own Brian White, Jojo White's son, a Newton South alum. He was part of a group that took down on arsonists with a blowtorch who was walking.
Speaker 4: Up in Yeah, I mean, my god, you can't even.
Speaker 3: And you know they've got footage and this guy is babbling, he's not making any sense. Wow. No, So it's I mean, there's no there's no evil conspiracy looking to burn down l A. Well do you else. It's like just like Jews don't control the weather, like Marjorie Taylor Green, things go.
Speaker 4: Well, we got to get to that. We'll good today. Coming up.
Speaker 2: As far as Hollywood being a business town, we know, what's a show business town?
Speaker 4: How long will that be disrupted?
Speaker 3: Its depends where you live. I mean I couldn't believe that I had meetings that were still going on.
Speaker 4: I can't in Gary that is still going on.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean Garrett, I mean, I had a production company and they're lovely people, but like went on a zoom with me, like you know another day.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 4: That surprises me because I thought the whole thing was gonna shut down.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Well, I mean I mean Susie works in Brentwood, right, Yeah, she went into work.
Speaker 2: Yeah, gotta get it done. Got it as they say back here, Sam, got to make the donuts.
Speaker 4: Okay ye.
Speaker 2: Coming up next, the Week in Politics with Sam Medler and WBZ.
Speaker 1: Night Died Dan Ray on WBZ Bostin's news radio.
Speaker 2: Welcome Back, wrapping up the Dan Dan Ray program Here on WBC Sam Medler joining us from the West Coast. Okay, Sam, have you been fought following the cabinet hearing this week?
Speaker 3: A little bit?
Speaker 4: See, I think I figured you'd be glued. I think he'd be I think he'd be all over it.
Speaker 3: Listen, heg Seth is out of his depth and he is no defense secretary. I think he's a very very poor choice. Versus Oh my goodness, Uh, she was a g in in Florida, BONDI. Uh, she is very very qualified, uh to be attorney general. So those are those two. I mean, listen, Marco Rubio is I think has the gravitas on the brain and uh yeah to be Secretary of State. I just the thing is, it's now because they hate Trump so much, right they and uh, it's just gonna be trying to make everybody look stupid, foolish. Used to be these these used to be rubber stamp scary, right, and then came uh, Bork, and then came Clarence Thomas and you know, and Kavanaugh, and it became just back and forth. Okay, you don't like our guy, we're gonna pummel your guy. And you know, most all of these people are plenty, plenty qualified, even if you don't like their politics. I would say that hag Seth is the one, the one outlier. I just I think he's.
Speaker 4: Kind of an important position.
Speaker 3: Yeah you think, I mean it. Listen, it's not Defense secretary. Excuse me, it's not secretary of State, right, but yeah, I mean, I just I can't imagine him telling a general what to do, right, I mean this guy, I mean, he doesn't have the military resume to be defense secretary.
Speaker 2: Well, you have to have the respect of the troops, yeah, I mean, you have to know that they have your.
Speaker 3: Bad Actually you don't have to, by the way, you don't have to, but it would help. Well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, but I think that whether it's respect or fear or however you want to look at it, there needs to be some leadership there.
Speaker 3: Well. I think, by the way, I mean, I do think that the troops are pro Trumpers, and I do think that they will follow the lead of whomever he picks to be that I think.
Speaker 2: They will too. But I think they will. Do you think he'll go? Do you think he'll be endorsed? You think it'll happen?
Speaker 3: I mean, I don't think the Democrats have really much heft for cards to play here, right, I mean, I just, I just I don't think they do. I mean, it's it's tough. I mean, they were so severely beaten and now of course people try to tell you, well, they weren't really, and yes they were.
Speaker 2: I mean, listen that and that that was going to be My next point is while the Democrats in Washington can stamp their feet and scream and so forth. You know, I just think about I just whenever anybody's when Trump says something and you just shake your head and what what excuse me?
Speaker 4: You know what?
Speaker 2: Like I mean, the whole global warming thing? Whatever he says, there's no global warming, Like, look, there's something we know.
Speaker 4: We have to take care of them.
Speaker 3: Vib it.
Speaker 4: It's like anything else.
Speaker 2: It's not as it's probably not as bad as everyone says it is, but there's definitely something.
Speaker 3: There by the way, we missed out on cash. Betal West is a nut and I don't trust him, you know, at any kind of lawn in any law enforcement agency. But the other thing I say is, you say Trump will will say things that are terrible, and you scratch your head. But I gotta tell you looking at and the ceasefire is not a it's not a done deal. But I will tell you that Joe Biden and should not be taking credit for this.
Speaker 2: This deal, well, Sam, is similar to this. Can I make the comparison because I wondered about this too. I think you remember when the hostages were released after Carter.
Speaker 3: You're talking about Iran?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Iran.
Speaker 2: The hostages from Iran were released after Carter lost the presidency. As soon as Reagan was inaugurated, the hostages.
Speaker 4: Were on a plane. Is this a similar situation?
Speaker 3: Uh? Yeah, But why do you think that is? I mean absolutely, I mean Trump Trump said if the hostages aren't released by the time I take off, as they will be hell to pay, right, And you know what I want someone like that? Well, I do want a present. I do want a president like that. I mean that, that to me is is vitally important. And there were there are people that really don't understand what's going on over there, right, But if they think that, you know, everyone in the Palestinian territories are these poor, nice people, you know who would love to just have a country. Uh. They've been offered that many many times and have said no because first and foremost, the Jews got to get out and Trump and by the way, Trump Trump put pressure on net and Yahoo as well, you know.
Speaker 4: So, I mean, I cut the poop we got.
Speaker 2: It's almost midnight, Sam, who cares?
Speaker 4: It's fine?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Yeah, And and that's you have to be able to do that. And I have to tell you Biden's foreign policy terrible, terrible.
Speaker 2: Well you just look at the election and when they can say it wasn't bad, listen, how bad is it when you have a president.
Speaker 4: Who loses the election, loses, was president.
Speaker 2: For four years, loses, okay, comes back and runs against the guy or the party that beat him the first time and wins again.
Speaker 4: Think about that for a minute.
Speaker 3: Hasn't happened since Teddy Roosevelt? Okay? And I will tell you that whoever kept lying to everyone about his sharpness? And I mean and and and I mean that Wall Street Journal. Yes, that Wall Street Journal article about all the people behind the scenes that just out now lied, plus the media who helped them do it. Chuck Todd said that two years ago, an important cabinet member whom he won't name, told me there's no way that Biden could run in twenty four. I mean he's he told, you know, Chuck Todd, you know, big political you know, a political journalist. And at the time he was the I think he was the head of whatever there.
Speaker 2: Well he was bureau. Yeah, well, Chuck Todd, Yes, he was head of the Washington Bureau. He was, he was the editor in chief. He was you know, he did meet depress until he was replaced.
Speaker 3: But yes, how he doesn't report that investigate it right, right? I mean that is just insane people gas lighting all of the and and and and Jean Pierre Gosh, what a certain name. I'm terrible. You know his and before him, Oh my goodness, she's on MSNBC now Red Hair. Yeah, uh, the two the two spokesman for.
Speaker 4: Biden over, I know who you're talking about.
Speaker 3: Yes, absolutely lied, lied, lied to the country.
Speaker 2: Well what happens, Sam, is we talked about this. The Democratic Party used to be the party of the common person, right, the blue collar laborer. But it became the party that has to pay Oprah to interview Kamala Harris.
Speaker 3: I mean, that's what it became.
Speaker 4: That's what it became.
Speaker 2: People are like, screw that, even though the other guy's I relate to him more than I relate to her.
Speaker 3: Can you imagine Oprah charging I was shocked?
Speaker 2: I mean, is that just it's terrible. Number one, that they paid it. First of all, it's terrible that she just wouldn't do it as a service to her country or her political party, right, first of all, But that they would actually agree to pay it.
Speaker 3: Stupid. By the way, it was Jensaki and then Karine Jean Pierre and absolutely absolutely lied, absolutely lied, you know, and everyone laughed at and and and gas lit anyone that asked questions about his capacity. How dare you? How dare they could have been a primary? There could have been a democratic prime And that's disgusting. And the media helped it. And you know, all these people saying they didn't know are just kidding themselves. If they are indeed lying to themselves and not just lying to.
Speaker 2: Us, well, I think they just felt they had to keep Trump out, but it was too late. Oh, absolutely, it's just too late. They said, well, we got to keep Trump. Look, they messed up. He said he wasn't going to run for the second term. They never should have allowed him to run for the second term. They should have had somebody ready to go. I mean, and they blew it, you know, they blew it. They just absolutely. I mean, so you know, by the way, Democrats got what they deserved.
Speaker 3: Oh, there's no question, there's no question. I mean, Gary, they've they've moved so far left as well, I mean the right, I mean so far out there as well, but I mean so far left that these you know, sort of these social projects right, which many of them are not. I mean, they say they believe in science, so many of these and I won't name them, but they're just not backed with any kind of good evidence. I mean, I will tell you that there is no long term evidence for the effectiveness of transition surgery for you know, a transgender person. No long term evidence.
Speaker 4: I don't understand long term evidence of what.
Speaker 3: Of it being effective, of it being psychologically effective.
Speaker 2: Oh oh, oh, okay, psychologically effective. Okay, I understand what you're saying. Right, Yeah, to hout their mental well being right correct?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Yeah. I mean I know people who getting these things really quickly. It's scary and it's like you know, they just it's it's all and it's just not just about that right. It's about fighting for just silly things like pronouns or and it is silly by the way. I mean, like, I don't know how you're if I happen to call you the wrong pronoun right, and I'm not doing it on purpose, but if I do that, right, that shouldn't shake you to your core right. And there's just a lot of handwringing about how we make everything equitable, right, equity instead of equality, and there's just a lot of bs that that again, no no evidence that it helps. Uh. And people were sick of it, I mean really sick of it. Parents telling teachers, don't you know, Like I don't want you to not tell me if my kid is dealing with something. You're going to keep that from a parent, right, I mean, these are all all the sort of like give your kid, Oh god, I'll never forget. I'm MSNBC. I don't remember her name. Who said your children don't belong to you? They belonged to the community. I mean that is you're that that is.
Speaker 4: Good. The community can pay for him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean that's really I mean, really really nuts. Anyway, it was Grover Cleveland, not Teddy Roosevelt. I was you know, I was around the right.
Speaker 2: Well you were around that. It was around that. But you get you know, we used to hang out with both guys. You get a little confused. We're gonna get one more segment with Sam Medler, our freak, our friend from the West Coast, coming up next on WBZ.
Speaker 1: Now back to Dan ray Line from the Window World Nightside Studios on w b Z, the news.
Speaker 2: Radio by Sam Medler's with us our friend from West Coast here talking about Trump in politics. So Sam, what do you see in the next couple of years with his administration?
Speaker 3: Well, Gary, let me first say, I you know, I attacked the left, uh uh and the Democrats. But right now, let me just say abortion should be safe and legal. There you go. So the right is is just I think so off on that now. In the next couple of years, I think if Trump gets out of his own way in terms of his mouth, he might be effective. I don't like this is what I hate about Trump, right. I don't like the isolationism right right. I don't like the fact that he you know, you know, crafts on NATO. I mean, we need allies around the world, right and you know, bullying them, belittling them, threatening that you're gonna get out of NATO. I mean that kind of stuff really bugs me. So that that, you know, I don't like. I also hate tariffs because and that's not listen, he's no conservative. Tariffs are would raise the price of you know, everything.
Speaker 2: Oh, manufacturing, I mean, he wants to place twenty five percent tariffs on products coming from China. How many companies in America have plants in China?
Speaker 4: A lot?
Speaker 3: Terrible, terrible, terrible, terrible.
Speaker 2: But Sam, here's the thing I wonder about that, is that just political speak.
Speaker 4: Will it really happen?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 2: Does he know that he he can say this and it sounds good with the constituents, but he knows that Congress will never let it happen.
Speaker 3: Oh? I think I think he might. You know, I think he has enough power that he would get enough Republicans and certainly Democrats, Uh might really like that to keep business in the country. And you know, screw the people that went overseas. You know, I just think that that leads to all kinds of you know, price, price is being raised, and that's what we don't need, of course, right, I mean, the prices are already crazy as they are, you know that. You know, they talk about the economy, and Biden kept talking about how great the economy was, right, and and it's true, Wall Street is doing terrific. The problem is most of the average folks in this country don't don't invest in Wall Street. All they know is they go to the market and holy cow, look at my look at my bill. Right.
Speaker 4: Oh, there's no doubt, there's no question.
Speaker 2: And that was a factor in the election because Biden could say, look at what the market's done, the economies have Yeah, it's still pretty expensive to live.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's no doubt about it, Sammy.
Speaker 3: I have I think I think Trump. I think Trump will do well in foreign policy though, right, I mean, we had a pretty safe four years when he was president, right, And I don't like the guy, but you know, the foreign policy wasn't terrible.
Speaker 2: What do you think about the Hollywood committee he's putting together with what Sylvester still.
Speaker 4: Owe and to have films made in America.
Speaker 3: Listen, I like to you know, they call it runaway production, but really it's California's fault because of the tax they yes, yes, that's why people run away from California because they tax the hell out of you here, and people go to Australia or New Zealand and yeah, I mean yes, British Columbia. Yes, it's cheaper.
Speaker 2: Well, it's cheaper, Sam, it's always great to talk to you. I'm glad you're safe. I'm glad, Susi's safe. I'm glad everybody's fine.
Speaker 3: Thank you, and my love to all the Tangways and all of my people, my brethren. Yes, in the hub.
Speaker 2: And you have followers now on WBZ Radio. As you were receiving texts, Oh.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well listen, Gary, my my, I have got a podcast coming out February eleventh.
Speaker 4: Let's promote that.
Speaker 3: Called famili Side Gary is an hour long podcast on a fatal family violence and we have every episode we have folks who have lost a family member to another family member.
Speaker 4: And it's scary how many episodes you were able to get forty eight cheese. When you told me that, I was.
Speaker 2: Like, oh my god, that's incredible And where can they get the pod.
Speaker 3: It's going to be on Spotify and Apple and iHeart won't be you know, getting it basically wherever you're listen to podcast.
Speaker 4: We like iHeart because that's where you can also listen to the show.
Speaker 3: Sure, Sammy Familicide dot Net, come and look and listen to a trailer.
Speaker 2: I look forward to it. Sam, Thanks buddy, talk soon, Thank care, Yeah, take care.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I always love talking to Sam Mettler. He makes my day and Familicide. Check it out iHeart as well. Get the iHeart Radio app. Check out all your podcast You can listen to the replays of this show if you like. If you're just tuning in and you want to know what you missed, go to the iHeartRadio app and take a look at Night's Side and you can check it all out.
Speaker 4: I'd like to thank Marita.
Speaker 2: Great job, Marita LaRosa putting the show together again. Rob Brooks on the other side of the window, I appreciate it. Dan, thanks for letting me hang out. We'll be back tomorrow night. We'll give it one more go and just kind of keep doing what we're doing, have some fun. Thanks for listening to Nightside, right here, on WBZ,