Speaker 1: Fearful, fireless study of the famous doctor Watt, who's relating his delightful Cherlock Holmes adventures. It evening, doctor, you look a bit irritated if you were pardon my thing and reading.
Speaker 2: Yes, I am a bit annoyed, and with good reason.
Speaker 3: I don't know if I told you that Holmes has been listening into these reminiscenties.
Speaker 4: Well, here's a letter received full him off the last.
Speaker 2: Week's story reading.
Speaker 1: All right, my dear Watson, I noticed that in your last broadcast you gave way to your regrettable habit of emotionalizing your story. Detection, my dear fellow, is or ought to be an exact guyan. The tinge it with romanticism is like introducing a love story into the fifth proposition with uclid. As ever, Cherlock ho well, let me think of what the emotion was there. You couldn't canter with the tooth.
Speaker 3: Holmes Is always maintained that the tooth is not in what you say, but in the impression you creator the other person's mind. Well, Holmes always complained that I over firstly the humid elements and recording has taken How well I remember.
Speaker 4: The attitude with which he received the publicing of my first.
Speaker 2: Book about his adventures. It was a cold morning in early springs.
Speaker 4: Who was sitting on either side of a surr fire in.
Speaker 3: Our rooms in vacasty A fixed pard rolled down between the dun colored houses.
Speaker 2: Our death was with It's.
Speaker 4: Shown on the white top and glimmered on the.
Speaker 3: Coffee captain on the silver The breakless table had not kitten surd Away. Holmes had been silent all the morning, spoking his long cherry wood pipe, which usually displaced his favorite play.
Speaker 2: That he was in a distritatious mood. Altogether. He was not in the best of tempers.
Speaker 1: Nati neti where the matches better? That sanstounded pug? What happens to all the messes in this house?
Speaker 2: I'd like to know why they're homes? Why not use the tongues and a live cod if you want to really like your bike?
Speaker 1: Huh oh, I've curnt myself.
Speaker 3: A heaven says, home stops. So something's annoying you? Why not get it off your.
Speaker 2: Is that confounded book? Are yours?
Speaker 1: M sensationalism? What's in rank sensationalism? In all this placing the emphasis on the crime crime is common logic is rare. You should stress the logic. You are degraded what should have been a cost of lectures into what cities of fail?
Speaker 2: Now there the homes. That's not logical.
Speaker 3: Yours complaining crime is falling off. You said no first class can.
Speaker 1: Lose quite Therefore, if you depend on the crime to hold your windows, you will soon be a back number criminals back lost all the enterprise and originality. My factor seems to be degenerating into an agency for a couple having lost leg pencils and getting good advice to young ladies from boarding school. Advice to the love lorn tell little bit this note. It came out about this morning's post. Yes, the last thought, that's what it is reading.
Speaker 3: Look you, mister Holmes, I'm anxious can sell to as to whether I should or I should not accept the situation which has been as adminis's governess, I love. I will call it half past ten tomorrow if I do not, inconvenience you your safe volet hunter, we go to eleven now.
Speaker 2: Exactly, she's late, just like a woman, I say home. This is to your young lady, now walking briskly up the street. See m M.
Speaker 1: This purposely manna nice biting telegram. Three ecuse she's stopping outlaw, ye lady, something in the street. Half all my dear Watson, it's not the teletal s thought that makes a fuss over nothing.
Speaker 2: As he is come in, how do you do you get the home right? And this is my colleague got to watch.
Speaker 5: How I trust you'll excuse my troubling you, miss home. But I've had an exchange experience, and as I had no relations that you start to advise me. I thought I'd just come to you.
Speaker 2: I would be then you happy to do anything that I can.
Speaker 5: But I've been a governor for five years in the Tony of Germany. Centlemen road taken camp to deliver the church, so that for the last few months I've been without the situation. Why I advertised and answered advertisements, but without success. The money I've experised began to run hard, and I was at my kin.
Speaker 6: Go on.
Speaker 5: So yesterday I called him as a waymoon in plinta agency run by a miss Tilker. When I arrived through the outer office killed with young ladies looking for situations, I've either told to wait, but I did. After that half an hour my name is told us this god the Asta's private office for a job he could deserve it. A contusibly scout man with a round, smiling face and a savy chin is the revile. I pull it a clipped so I loant to the door. My nan children always the hun that you know how I knew it that way?
Speaker 2: Tell me maybe extreme this u castle. This is miss j oh what is your name? Maybe a miss Hunter?
Speaker 5: Violent hunters?
Speaker 2: Oh? This this hunter.
Speaker 7: Capital. I couldn't ask her anything better. I'm sure you'll do, Miss Hunter. I hope you're looking for a situation as govern Yes, and what you carried?
Speaker 2: You are well?
Speaker 5: I had four arms the mount in my last.
Speaker 2: Four pounds setting French sweating.
Speaker 7: How anyone could have your destiny to offer that to a lady with such a person, such accomplishment.
Speaker 6: A lady's pickets, with the rearing of a child from a Sunday to a considerable part in the historic count. Your salad is mel would men at one hundred pounds a deer a hundred min't fur? The more did my touching to advance my young lady's half their salary beforehand?
Speaker 5: May I ask.
Speaker 6: Huns the charming rural spot A couple of paces. Is the name of the place five miles north of Winchester, or the dearest.
Speaker 2: The old house, and what would be my duty? One child? A deer that was wrong today? Six? Oh you could see you and killing cockroaches.
Speaker 7: With a slippery that.
Speaker 4: Before you smile.
Speaker 6: You si well, I'm sure you'll go sense with the jest of you A bay ay little demands which my wife I give, provided of course, that they were such as a lady night the day with propriety.
Speaker 2: You should be happy to make myself.
Speaker 7: Oh, by the way it's in dressed for example, Ready, people carry the kind heartedness, now it do we asked to wear a particular dress that three.
Speaker 2: Nights to you. You're seeing you in the set to our little whim.
Speaker 6: Or the stick there or there that wouldn't be offensive through your why or to touch your hair stots before you come to try to sense A little sent you of my wife to see and lady spent his night year and it can't enough to seek something.
Speaker 5: Hair.
Speaker 7: Oh, no, I know I couldn't know what is in that case, miss jo I be said a few more of the young ladies.
Speaker 2: Gave them the contract. I'm afraid you're not considering your stuck and you can have the spectat But I did another say.
Speaker 5: Copy to you at Misstapa A good day's all just then.
Speaker 6: And let's not be too hard on the young lady. After all, my request was in little sudden. At the hest, Miss Hunter would like twenty four hours and to consider the matter. And if you would the fact that to health, particularly beautiful hair, I might be willing to raise the salary to one hundred and twenty pounds.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you have that contenure, but it's into city unusual, most unusual, my dearness, Hundre, how you make it?
Speaker 2: It was he conful twice is a lunatics to me?
Speaker 4: Which is the humor her atension in order.
Speaker 1: To prevent them an answer possibly what's inconstably? In any case, it doesn't seem a nice household for a young lady.
Speaker 5: But the money, mister, the money my music sto well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the thing is good, too good. Why should we give you one hundred hundred pounds?
Speaker 1: And they can have their six of body and must be some someng reasons makes choice and you've made up your mind what stept.
Speaker 5: I'm sorry if I told you because you think you would understand what if I wanted jo her let him I could John, if I knew you were behind me.
Speaker 1: I certain you may plead feeling the way of you any time to find yourself in danger. That's what my demi Hunter, I would seemed to be a danger if you could define it. But remember at any time, day, all night, that telegraph me until you come to your heir.
Speaker 4: Thank you, I say home.
Speaker 2: You know almost a week think of charming with Hunter told some guests must be pretty good as a for this, or we've heard from her. You never know, Watson, you never know. We may not be able to get to a telegraph of love home.
Speaker 4: Nothing very dredful can happen thus in the open country, Riser.
Speaker 2: That's why you're wrong.
Speaker 1: Watching my experience that the Violess alleys in London do not present a more dreadful record of sin. None goes the smiling, beautiful countryside. Oh, recrease, What do you mean? The pressure of public opinion is great from the town. There is no lane so vile that the scream of a tossed child or sort of a drunken blow does not forget sympathy and assistance from the neighbors.
Speaker 8: But the country side idea. Watch who did is glamely housing? Think the hell is curty the hit in wickedness, as may go on nearing near out in such places, and no one the wiser.
Speaker 1: Had our young friend done to winter s I should not have had this fear for her space case it's the five miles of see this.
Speaker 8: Makes the danger.
Speaker 2: Figure that is button.
Speaker 4: Oh thank you you.
Speaker 2: Tells uh good? An, I'm hunter? Oh well, what's you say? Come much?
Speaker 1: One to meet with the black one who kill wrinch sort of three the afternoon, But my witriend don't kill me?
Speaker 2: What happens? How watching?
Speaker 1: There's no time to lose. There's a train for water New station in half an hour if you can only get to her in time. In just a moment, we will follow slack Holmes and doctor Watton on their strange journey.
Speaker 2: Ah, yes, there's the black one obvious to Yes if.
Speaker 4: I'm not taking that, because there's a mishunter waiting for us on the door step.
Speaker 2: It gets to the tail and jake here. Yes, o girl is obvious.
Speaker 5: To fight the plander, you become you to a doctor?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, An, I'm hunker. I have to be going inside. They can get ap private city room.
Speaker 5: Yes, I have ordered previous way.
Speaker 2: Ah, yes, that's the don I.
Speaker 1: Suppose it fire close it a really wasn't as right, Alan, there's a letter doctor do the pouring my utail restored?
Speaker 2: First of all, how do you like your tea?
Speaker 5: Two lamps of let us see, I say, let yeah. And now, first of all, I had no no act treatment things as you.
Speaker 2: I think that.
Speaker 5: He's got spot in me. Pholadraphs had destined at the beginning.
Speaker 2: Yes, that is generally a good place to start. Well.
Speaker 5: Padreaches is a large muster listing house, almost completely surrounded by woods. It's the personal from the moment of my arrival. I was made to go by mister w Castle and his wife and uh you see nor Hens Marrie. He's a small Falcis woman, much younger than mister Lucastle. In just our God of the teacher's second wife, he is to get a good daughter by the first marriage, a girl now over twenty.
Speaker 2: But he's not living at the house.
Speaker 5: Mister Lucastle said that she couldn't get along with her stepmother, so he said it to a north at a Philadelphia.
Speaker 2: And does mister Lucastle side. He was a difficult woman to get along with. Oh no, mister home, mister.
Speaker 5: Star, and rather hard more than one from surprising years A person thought it might be worried with a good position to child.
Speaker 2: Don't for matter his disposition.
Speaker 5: He's badly spoiled. He has an indovinable temper. He seems it's a great delight in torturing verge and small animals, lest the beef and the rest of my how told. But there's only one servant, taller with his names, a rough, uncouth man with a perceptual smell of drink about him. Why the cheat him, I don't know, except the rest because he's the only one.
Speaker 2: Who could manage Charles callow.
Speaker 5: Yes, callows and tools understred masters have kept churning in the stables during the day, but at night they let him mouse.
Speaker 4: If it's a terrible beef.
Speaker 5: Even need to reconn the fodor him on to play any taste of the.
Speaker 7: M You wonder why I needs to recount with his eyes but ferocious pertection.
Speaker 5: But I don't know this unless the pincing on the top floor of the.
Speaker 2: West Wind that he wants to profess the west Wing has.
Speaker 5: Hes the girl that leads into it his opposite now woman, He's kept.
Speaker 2: The sure a lot to me.
Speaker 5: Right this second day after my arrival into the after dessic, mister Lucakle asked me to put on the verse which had been laid out for me on my bed.
Speaker 2: What is it like?
Speaker 5: Well it prod a new dress. Me to him that the material was excellent and of a particularly brilliance to it, and he left it.
Speaker 7: Let's trouble the house.
Speaker 5: Put it on and went down to the living room. Mister Lucaster had placed secures on me by.
Speaker 2: The front window.
Speaker 4: He asked me to sit there with my.
Speaker 2: Back to the window, and to read to him from the Saint's novel.
Speaker 5: Well, I've read for an hour, and at the end of that time that I might drop there.
Speaker 2: Sing saying that his experience has been retreated.
Speaker 5: Every morning seeks to him no clan cross ever seemed more and more curious. Why whether it was so careful to keep my face to hand.
Speaker 2: Away from the window.
Speaker 5: That's the lord consumed with the anxiety. See what was going on behind my desk to to day I divided the news. I noticed a jestice that mister Luccaster had had why the two dreams the happy thoughts sees me hand mir had been golken, so I can kill the conservative my hand at if and later in my books to be sure that mister Rucaster was too drunk and notice. Holding the book up, I was able to see everything behind me, and you see, at first there was nothing. At a certain glance, however, I saw a young man in a gay seat lead him against the rolling which bordered our fears. He was looking earnestly and moderate thing. Mister Rucastle must a note his nice to cry.
Speaker 2: For he burst out angrily.
Speaker 7: Your attention must be wondering. That's the second time that you make that passage.
Speaker 2: Heard them all?
Speaker 4: Doesn't in pertinent fellow up.
Speaker 2: The road, if you stay battery, it's your print of yours retest.
Speaker 4: I don't know anyone around.
Speaker 2: Time to turn around the most him to go away.
Speaker 5: Wouldn't be better not to notice, to do.
Speaker 2: What I signal, Jenny, don't come and dogs any follow us very well, tool Castle, Yeah, that will be all for this morning the country.
Speaker 5: You might go to your room and make the roots my hope your room says, And I'll send the shoe reason public to wear that blue yeah, you know what partful possible? If I could only get Woody here, thought of the turtle.
Speaker 2: But I love to see and the must to do.
Speaker 7: M I wonder what things?
Speaker 5: How well, if it.
Speaker 2: Wouldn't what to take?
Speaker 5: Just one look ye started book? D are you doing this?
Speaker 2: And the neddle woman's bar any of the nels? It's you then before.
Speaker 5: Oh oh said with death?
Speaker 4: Someone doing here?
Speaker 5: Some lady tomskin. I can't stand it. Two here you let's get out of here? And that's get out, Oh dad, that's me.
Speaker 2: You don't look you. I thought it not you that I told the daughter, young lady, I was sure enough to go into that place of wing, but it's just a lonely and the bird.
Speaker 5: Walks down into my feet.
Speaker 2: That's all?
Speaker 5: What else could do?
Speaker 4: And why do you supposed that I beat that doll off?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: I don't know the people out who have no miss dead with me?
Speaker 9: I'm sure if I know?
Speaker 2: Will you know now, my dear young lady? And if you ever put your foot over with that spresshold again, either don't go to the master.
Speaker 4: What a dreadfully stir.
Speaker 5: It's wonder you're sure there's someone lost in that room? Someone who's done hot, it has tortured, It's almost five attends to be back and sixteen ths uttle going harder did make the recycle to.
Speaker 1: The travelware directed like a brave and sensible girlness turn. There is some vidual you need to do one more thing.
Speaker 5: I can try missing.
Speaker 1: Doctor Watson, and I will be at a couple dess by seven. The lu Cantos will begun by that time, and I don't imagine the masters will be left loose until they return.
Speaker 5: Oh no, mister Holmes, it would be too dangerous for them to get back in the row.
Speaker 2: Good.
Speaker 1: We will hope to pull that is still drunk at any rate. You must get us into the house. You must extraw the restree.
Speaker 5: I do my destiness to him now.
Speaker 2: The world.
Speaker 7: Well by their homes were a magical.
Speaker 2: Blue dress and a man in front of a house.
Speaker 1: Obviously that had someone and her impersonating someone and when young would hear hissing cut off during an illness, that someone is probably the person imprisoned in the west Wind. So that is not the most finished part of Miss Hunter's story. So what is the Untesta's disposition of the child? What's that got to do with Ida Watson. As a medical man, you know that the child's tendencies can be discovered by a study of a parent, but heredity is the sun to be worked bactive as well, and get a good insight into the character of the parents by studying the children. This child is cruel, abnormally cruel, probably and had a six from one of his parents. I only hope nothing serious happens before seven o'clock tonight.
Speaker 2: Nice, what a nice first found. The storm was fleeing.
Speaker 1: In the Lady Tumble listens to the house for this group of copper beeches and thundered, Yeah, there's the hunt.
Speaker 2: A wagon ball us in the doorway and closest the t explore at you to be careful your home. You'll be got up. In part.
Speaker 5: It's just going out to reach the door bent into the wine cellar, not to you, and then you get your excuse or something. You you get tat guns they are duples, need to recre for them better.
Speaker 1: But come along upstairs. You've no time to wait. Have you got job of all that handy watching sail good?
Speaker 3: Two cousins that black name becaus the hip quite hair hair one of the top out beepies.
Speaker 2: No doubt you geeze on a distance that.
Speaker 3: Hm?
Speaker 5: Nothing here come along?
Speaker 2: Listings of that rain on the roof the middle door? You were dead? Hello in there? Yeah? I want there, don't right there? Watching? Okay, we'll move this dead stead with you. That's right, tide, it's one side. Yeah, cut the rope. That's it.
Speaker 1: The door's up. Over break it open, then come on one so hello, there's no one here, very root customs and made away with the prisoner.
Speaker 2: Maybe right? The pop up bling padded off.
Speaker 4: Here for how who the tadd ll over cut that table of the gel?
Speaker 2: What are you gonna do?
Speaker 1: Turn on the cook Yes, yes he here's a footprint and look at matters.
Speaker 9: Ga okay, look that's not positive.
Speaker 5: The matter wasn't there when the route tats went the rain.
Speaker 2: Then he must have come back. He's a dangerous you clever man. Just yeah, I think I get it. Stepped on the stairs. Come to I thought I'm doing here? Bill? And what have you done with your doll?
Speaker 6: Man?
Speaker 2: I'm the one that's flat.
Speaker 4: You'll see who robbers? I taught to kill in my paw.
Speaker 2: I'll take you. Hello, So trying to get the dogs ma BeFAN.
Speaker 4: To t close if I do draw, let's.
Speaker 2: Yeah, ago, he's ars me to go quick, quick break.
Speaker 7: He will be too light.
Speaker 9: Coll on here the keeper, Oh it's carl Over got mister y s is working to be a revolver.
Speaker 2: Can't we go hit the man?
Speaker 4: Broma takes cut up and turn back.
Speaker 1: Watch from.
Speaker 5: Oh mister home, say heaven, it's still card.
Speaker 2: I thought it was too latest.
Speaker 4: It's so hurt.
Speaker 9: Are you kay?
Speaker 2: What this waking?
Speaker 4: Until I bring Lucastle in my house?
Speaker 2: Will you.
Speaker 4: Strange?
Speaker 2: Just you go upstairs and back your bag.
Speaker 4: Just to watch him and I are going to take you back to town.
Speaker 2: Looking from the mine, O talk Tracey there you I think what's from the term Lucastle will live? I'm afraid, so I'm glad to get awaiting at brink.
Speaker 4: I say home, just what did happen to the prisoner in the west?
Speaker 2: Woe? And who was he's also discussing this simple my dear button the Lucastle's daughters. I suspected it.
Speaker 1: Seems it's given heritage some money from my mother, who was Hucastle's first wife. When she set me to get married and take us more fortune with her. Her father tried to get her to sign up paper giving the money to him. He wanted her until she got brain fever and had to have all her hair cut off.
Speaker 2: Oh what a book.
Speaker 7: I got all these details from Killer.
Speaker 2: Still her young man's duck, run and speak to him.
Speaker 7: After that, mister Lucastle locks his daughter up and brought me a Hunter.
Speaker 1: Down from London in order to impersonate her get rid of the persistent suitor. The young gentleman, however, with a prose hearing Japan and having breathed Solar's pond at is sorly, he learned the two state of affairs. With the help of Toler and the Long Step letter, he rescued his fiance. And I'll head it for Southampton with a special license. And this time is Ucastle, or rather Mickey Falla's really going to America on our honeymoon.
Speaker 4: Home?
Speaker 2: You want You're immense watching You're a regular old woman.
Speaker 5: Well, I'm graduated, not support him, but I wouldn't go back to us again, not but twice.
Speaker 2: The salary. Oh that reminds me of Hunter.
Speaker 1: I was talking to a friend of mine about you the other day because a private school in Walsall I believe.
Speaker 2: That she had an opening for you.
Speaker 4: Oh mister home You're You're a dog.
Speaker 2: He's fucking comfortably already.
Speaker 1: Well after watching you suddenly had some exciting times when you were living with Glackholme.
Speaker 2: Suddenly good you, Sny, those of the days.
Speaker 3: I mean, never a dull moment, yes, but I think of the spilling in Sert, that the Home is brought into my life.
Speaker 2: I can al