Speaker 1: This is Gary and Shannon and you're listening to kf I AM six forty, the Gary and Shannon Show on demand on the iHeartRadio app. The stock market is on fire right now. The Dow up is this right? Fourteen hundred and twenty yep. I mean it is incredible. Elon Musk has earned a hell of a lot more money just this morning with Tesla stocks on fire. As well as where we kick off, swamp Watch.
Speaker 2: The swamp is horrible. The government doesn't work. Man gonna make us like a reality TV show.
Speaker 3: A bad doos.
Speaker 2: Always a pleasure to be anywhere from Washington, d C.
Speaker 4: Hey, Joey, a town all too clearly built on a swamp and in so many ways still a swamp.
Speaker 2: I have to watch a malwarkee what he said, drained the swamp?
Speaker 5: I said, Oh that's so hope, keep wash.
Speaker 1: You know, you know I rarely listened to the swamp Watch open, but okay I did that time. And Trump and Biden sound so much young.
Speaker 2: Well it was only four years ago. That's incredible.
Speaker 4: Joining us to talk more about what's going on on Wall Street as a result of the election results. Alexis Christophers from ABC and alexis what can we read into this This fourteen hundred point rise in the Dow Jones Industrial Average today, Hi.
Speaker 6: Guys, Yeah, your eyes do not deceive you. This is the Dow's biggest one day gain in two years. And it's not just the Dow record closes for the S and P and the Nasdaq. Basically, investors are piling their money into the so called Trump trade, right the companies, the sectors that they believe will benefit the most from President Alex trump policies. Namely, you're looking at lower taxes, reduced regulation possibly and that's welcome news to the finance industry. So bank stocks having a great day, even small cap stops we don't talk about them very much, they even saw big gains today because of Trump sort of protectionist policies. And then cryptocurrencies, I mean through the roof bitcoin at a record high above seventy five thousand dollars. You know, Trump has called himself the crypto President. He says he wants to make the US the crypto base of the planet. So there are lots of different sectors here who believe they're going to benefit and that corporate America will benefit from his policies.
Speaker 1: Tax cuts are inevitable with this new administration coming in, they will probably spur more spending. But to what degree, I guess remains a question at this point exactly.
Speaker 6: And you know the euphoria that we're seeing today, you know, we don't know how much longer this is going to last. Of course, we know the market doesn't go straight up. But you know a number of economists who said, if his policies are enacted to the extent that he's saying he wants to enact them, I mean, sixty percent tariffs, you know against China twenty percent tariffs across the board, with our trading partners down the road, this can be inflationary again, especially if countries retaliate, which we saw them. Do you know during his first term that could fan inflation again and then suddenly have a Federal reserve back on Fed watch right. I mean, we're looking at a FED that's probably going to cut interest rates again tomorrow. But you know in the months and years ahead, is the are the policies from Trump going to fan inflation so much that the Fed then needs to start raising interest rates again?
Speaker 4: You mentioned the Fed today begins their two day usual two day meeting and then tomorrow, of course, is when the announcement comes. Does the impact Is there any impact from the election results on the FED meeting today?
Speaker 3: There isn't.
Speaker 6: And that's because the FED, you know, is an independent body. They are data driven and the data right now shows inflation is cooling. We have a solid but softening job market, so that the FED feels comfortable, you know, cutting rates again. It's that what's going to happen in the future, you know. On the campaign trail, Trump said that he would leave FED Jerome Powell, the chairperson in charge of the FED through his term which is out May of twenty twenty six. But after that, you know, it's up to It's up to Trump as to who it is he wants to appoint to a very powerful position when it comes to interest rates in this country.
Speaker 1: I have a question Alexis about his tariff agenda. Talked about maybe sixty percent tariffsun on stuff from China. How is that going to affect American companies? Well, they have to pay more for their stuff and then in turn pass that on.
Speaker 2: What's the prediction in that regard?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 6: And I think we can look to his first term for some clues. I mean when he put some tariffs in place and they weren't as stiff as they want he wants to put in this time around. But we did see retaliation from other countries. We saw our farmers get hurt in this country because a lot of other countries didn't want to take our agricultural products. The price for steel within the US also went up. We think about tariffs as attacks that has to be paid by the company or the people that are importing the products, and more often than not, they don't absorb that cost. They pass it along to you and me, so at least in the short term. And even Elon Musk, you know, a big, a big proponent of Trump and possibly could now have a cabinet position, has said Americans will see and pain in the short term for long term gain. A lot of economists don't exactly agree that the long term gain is going to come.
Speaker 4: All right, Alexis great stuff, Thank you you bet. Alexis Christophers from ABC News.
Speaker 2: I love talking to people that are smart. I'm just going to say that I'm glad we have smarter people on this show. Yes, and listen, we are we know it, we know our limitations we do.
Speaker 4: The Mountain fire is the one that's burning over near More Park about one thousand acres. They said that was an update from a while ago, and it has been expanding.
Speaker 1: There are evacuation orders from Walnut Avenue to Balcom Canyon Road now in effect.
Speaker 4: A lot of horse properties, a lot of ranches, nurseries orchards, things like that in that area. But they said that the wind that has been blowing through that area has been pushing this fire towards the cam Rio Heights area and is probably moving towards the Camerio Estates if you know where those are.
Speaker 2: The extreme life threat is what they're suggesting.
Speaker 4: So if you can see the smoke, it is headed your direction, just based on the winds.
Speaker 2: They said. One of the highest to wind.
Speaker 1: Gusts was over near you a Magic Mountain eighty five miles per hour. Yeah, not a good day to be a Magic Mountain.
Speaker 2: I would guess.
Speaker 4: Well, there is a Magic Mountain park, and Magic Mountain itself is actually over overhere a little bit more so. Yeah, it's not the roller coasters, but there is a Magic Mountain. It's still up in that area. I'll give you credit. I'll take that. I mean, you can still go to Magic Mountain if you want to. The other thing is it says that this mountain fire has jumped the one eighteen and continues to make its way towards came Rio.
Speaker 2: So not a good look right now.
Speaker 4: The other fire that was the first one actually that we found out about this morning was in Malibu, the broad fire at Mountain Marion.
Speaker 1: Joseph Mitch McConnell. Holy hell, he looks like a founding father.
Speaker 4: That would could you imagine putting him in the right in the right costume, he would look like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, his hair alone looks like one of those wigs they used to wear.
Speaker 2: Well, that is a hard man to look at.
Speaker 4: We know that that the current Senate Minority Leader, Mitch McConnell, is giving up his power. It's likely going to move to I think John Cornyan of Texas is considered to be the front runner to become the Senate majority leader when Republicans take control of the Senate in the next Oh my gosh, Congress, good lord, Okay, you sure you don't want to dip into that that miss McConnel TV.
Speaker 1: I don't, I do not. I want to tell you about Austin Strable. Okay, the man the Green Bay Airport is named for US, right, Okay. Austin Strabel was a major in the United States Army Air Forces and he was from Green Bay, Wisconsin. He was Brown County's first aviation loss in World War Two. Austin was born in nineteen oh four. His grandfather was one of the early settlers of Brown County, Wisconsin, arriving in eighteen forty six. Austin played tackle on the green Bay East High School's football team. He went to University of Wisconsin Go Badgers, where he played football there, graduated in nineteen twenty seven, returned to Green Bay, worked at his father's business, Midwest Cold Storage. Married a lady named Isabelle in nineteen thirty six, and they moved to Los Angeles, where they had two daughters. His military career began in nineteen twenty eight. And you know where it began or where his service for World War Two began in nineteen forty one at Hamilton Air Force Base.
Speaker 2: Really, yeah, it's up where we're from. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Anyway, unfortunately he died.
Speaker 2: Well that's usually what has to happen before you get an airport.
Speaker 4: Name have to Yeah, I want to play a couple of quick pieces of sound for everybody regarding what we saw last night. This I will start with the winner from last night, Donald Trump, in his speech to supporters in Palm Beach, shall.
Speaker 5: Fight for you, for your family, and your future. Every single day, I will be fighting for you, and with every breath in my body, I will not rest until we have delivered the strong, safe, and prosperous America that our children deserve.
Speaker 4: Mark Updegrove was a guy on ABC last night, his presidential historian, and was talking about the impact or lack thereof, that the Poles had going into this election.
Speaker 7: We saw the polls in this race, it was neck and neck both of the candidates, and here we see Donald Trump maybe sweeping all of the swing states. So the polls are deeply flawed. There were far more people in favor of Donald Trump than we would have been led to believe by the polls. That we should be very suspicious of them in the future.
Speaker 4: One of the things, one of the moments that we saw that was surprising to a lot of people was a moment on CNN Jake Tapper had asked their numbers, guy John King, in which counties did Vice President Harris out perform President Biden from four years ago.
Speaker 8: So you asked, are there any places that the vice president is overperforming Joe Biden in twenty twenty, So we can show you that as well. We just bring that out here, Harris overperforming twenty twenty only smokes there. You go, No, We'll let this go away and see if there's anything in the East Side.
Speaker 4: There literally nothing, literally nothing, literally not one county, not one county in the entire United States where she outperformed Joe Biden.
Speaker 2: What do you think Joe Biden is thinking today? Pudding? Pudding much I pre sugar in this oatmeal.
Speaker 4: That raises the question, though she can't if she didn't outperform Biden in one county higher United States? Is it was she a bad candidate? Did the Democrats need to have the flash primary or what however they wanted to do it, but but to pick someone who wasn't just the next in line, And we've we've criticized.
Speaker 2: That that's a big bureaucracy poison.
Speaker 1: It's in every freaking word, it's a tough word, it's a stupid word. I but in every it's it's the Peter principle is what it is. And in these bureaucracies where it's not the next it's not the best person for the job, it's just the next one up, that is an awful way to do things right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, as proven again yesterday, I.
Speaker 1: Don't think she brought the substance needed. I don't think she did that well. We we would have heard more ideas from her, But that fatal flaw was the moment when she said on the view, I would not have done a single thing different Nothing comes to mind that I would have done differently than Biden. If if you and I when you and I took over, when anybody takes over a job from someone, you come in with ideas of how you would do things differently. That's what you and I did when we took over this show. We saw what was before us. We said, well, we're going to do this differently. We're going to do this, this is something we're going to do. We would not say, you know what, the thing that didn't work out we're going to do. We're just gonna everything's going to be the same, you know what I mean? Like, if you don't come to a job with your own ideas of how to make things better and have those ready to go. In the job interview process, you're dead in the water.
Speaker 4: Even if even if that person or the whoever you're taking the job over, whatever the position is someone that you like and she obviously likes Joe b.
Speaker 1: Has nothing to do with that. It's what can you do to this job performance that is better? How can you make this better? How can you make the product better? All of it?
Speaker 4: Gary and Shannon will continue a reminder, by the way, Friday is our news. And Bruce, we're going to be at Luchador Brewing in Chino Hills and we will talk so little politics it will blow your mind.
Speaker 1: Like when I open up my deli, I'm going to make sure the meats are sliced fresh.
Speaker 2: Thin and thin good. Okay, Yeah, two keywords. I hate thick sliced meats. Make deli meat thin again.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 4: These brushfires are going to get pretty bad. The one that's burning near Malibu, for the most part, doesn't have a whole lot of fuel to get through once it gets through Malibu Bluff Park as long as it doesn't dignite those homes along pch But alright, I'm sorry along Malibu Road, there but there is said that there are at least two structures damaged as a result of that broad fire there in Malibu. It's about forty acres, but again that's because that's about the size of that park. There's not a lot of stuff outside of that to continue to burn. The big one, the one that I think is causing a lot of concern right now, is that mountain fire that's burning near the moor Park area and headed out towards came Rio, said about one thousand acres. They have mandatory evacuations in the Balcom Canyon and Bradley Road area, and they're also reporting several people have been hurt and hospitalized. We don't know much about that situation, but some of those wind gusts in that area are up around forty to fifty sixty miles an hour being recorded through that moor Park area. At least some of the aerial equipment has been grounded because of those very, very gusty and erratic winds that have been blowing. So this is going to get worse before it gets better, unfortunately. So if you're in that cam Rio area, you can already see this and smell the smoke. It is headed that direction, so be prepared to get out if you have to.
Speaker 1: Moodang has made way for Hagis. Of course, Moodang was the what am I talking about?
Speaker 2: Let do you talk about baby hippos? Okay, well, I don't know who cares.
Speaker 4: Do you want to talk about something and you want to talk about the value of the electoral College and the constitutional Republic?
Speaker 2: Moodang.
Speaker 1: Moodang, of course, captured hearts and minds around the world when her birth was announced in July. She was a pygmy hippo that lived in Thailand and they had to limit that, wasn't it for Moodang? They had to limit the visitors to only five minutes because people were freaking out about Moodang. Yeah, and she had a very plump body. Moodang did. She had a propensity for biting. She had occasional outbursts of screaming, very popular, very viral screaming. Well, now they say Moodang needs to make way for Hagis. Haggis, of course, is a Scottish pudding prepared by cooking sheep organs inside the animal's stomach, in which it is also served. Why you would name a beautiful baby pygmy hippo. Hagis is beyond me. But that is what they've done in Edinburgh.
Speaker 4: Well, because, uh, you mean, why would they name it after a pudding awful prepared by sheep organs cooking sheep organs inside the sheep's stomach.
Speaker 2: Awful awful pudding. Oh get it? Awful? Yes? Is that why you said that? Yes?
Speaker 1: And my question about this Moodang Hagis story is why do we have to just pick one?
Speaker 2: Why does Moodang have to move out of the picture.
Speaker 4: I remember you said that towards the beginning of the show, and then I forgot it because you were talking about baby hippos.
Speaker 2: But yes, there's room in our hearts.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I feel like we can love both Hagis and Moodang.
Speaker 2: And listen, I don't know how many hippos there are in this world.
Speaker 4: Thousands. They all started out as babies. We never had this argument before about how many baby hippos we could have in our world or which ones we paid attention to, right did we?
Speaker 2: I don't remember?
Speaker 7: Fight.
Speaker 1: Why are we shutting the door of our love on Moodang when we have enough love for Moodang and Hagis.
Speaker 4: Listen, you've got to throw your arms open and welcome all the babies, all the baby hippos.
Speaker 2: It doesn't matter, you know what, where they come from.
Speaker 4: Where they come from, who they support. No, no, it's just a baby hippo and you might as well just love on it.
Speaker 1: There is a Moodang live camera where you can see what Moodang's doing right now. I don't think that Moodang is actually on camera right now. Wouldn't it be in the middle of the night. Yeah, but it doesn't matter. They have they have a camera that let the hippo sleep.
Speaker 9: Well.
Speaker 1: When I checked on the Moodang live stream yesterday, Dang was on the utterer of a bigger hippo getting milk. I don't know, you don't just pick an an utterer. Well, from anywhere, it's usually your mother's utter.
Speaker 2: Right, Yes, I would hope it wouldn't be your fun Well no, I mean, you wouldn't just latch on my mother as opposed to the mother. Right.
Speaker 1: This is why I didn't want to talk about this. Well, I had a feeling it would devolve into.
Speaker 4: Idiocracy speaking of it, looks as if President Biden has congratulated President Trump on his election win from yesterday.
Speaker 1: Why are they trying to pretend to have any sort of respect for each other or decorum?
Speaker 10: All these people all hate each other. Well, I would say this, I like the show of concession.
Speaker 2: Ridiculous, but it's phony.
Speaker 4: It was ridiculous when Trump didn't do it four years ago.
Speaker 2: Insane, but that's at least true to who he is. I guess these people pretending that they have decorums is funny, but they can't not do it.
Speaker 4: They can't, you know, they can't, you know, light their own hair on fire and suggest that there wouldn't be a peaceful transfer of power and then not do this.
Speaker 2: This is this is something they have to do. You know what I want to talk about coming up next? Not baby hippos, No, we're done with. What do you want to talk about?
Speaker 1: I want to talk about the day that Gavin Newsom is having today. What kind of champagne is he drinking? What kind of meetings does he have rolland for twenty twenty eight? What kind of caviare is he chomp chomp chomping on?
Speaker 2: Happy? Is Gavin newso or? My goodness?
Speaker 1: Evacuations underway in Ventura County, where a brush fire is burned in the moor Park area. We've got a fire in Malibu as well. Seems like the Malibu one is pretty much done well.
Speaker 4: It is burning in The label was wrong on that shot right there. The Malibu one was in an area where while burning through Malibu Bluff Park, it kind of ran against Malibu Road, which is closest to the water, and then pch which was I guess you could say behind it. I mean, the wind coming down through Pepperdine basically blew that out towards the water.
Speaker 1: So there's no containment right now of that fire near Moore Park. There are mandatory evacuations. Like I said, they say this thing is chomped through about fifteen hundred acres at least.
Speaker 4: The expectation, by the way, is that our red flag warnings are going to stay up through tonight, probably through tomorrow. At six pm is when the National Weather Service says they're posted.
Speaker 1: Tell well, we have elected a president that has a bunch of legal cases in motion. Laura Engel from News Nation is on this and the fate of those cases.
Speaker 2: Laura, what's happening?
Speaker 9: Hey, guys, Well what a night.
Speaker 7: Right.
Speaker 9: Let me just say, our teams here in Pennsylvania. We had three teams at multiple locations at watch parties and went through the night and as we watched this breaking news unfold, and you know, look, all of.
Speaker 3: Us were prepared.
Speaker 9: We were told by our bosses that we might have to be here for twelve days, that you know, this is going to take some time. And so when the news came so swiftly last night, you know, you take a deep breath and then you go, wait a minute, what about all those legal cases, Because we've been at the Trump courthouses for a couple of years now going to different scenarios and legal battles that he has.
Speaker 3: Been dealing with. So look, it looks like as we move forward.
Speaker 9: We just had a press conference back in New York with the New York Attorney General, with Tisha James, who said that she was planning on fighting back in the only ways that she could. Her hands are pretty much tied in some of these cases, and she said that she plans to work with the future administration as best she could. But he does have the president lek have some strategic options to avoid or delay the legal consequences in front of him. You know, he's got the federal cases he's got the hush money case, but many legal experts that we have been speaking to say that he basically is now the judge and jury and he's going to be able to get out of a lot of it.
Speaker 4: The sentencing that's scheduled for the twenty sixth. Are we is this just going to disappear? Or is are we going to go through with it?
Speaker 2: Is it? Are they going to delay it to talk about it? What's planned?
Speaker 3: Great question?
Speaker 9: I mean, we're all trying to figure that out. I think that it sounds like from what I'm hearing in New York, is it's going to be delayed it. We're not going to be marching into the courtroom on that date, but we're just kind of waiting to see it. Sounds like it's not going to happen though.
Speaker 2: Well that's well.
Speaker 4: And then the Letitia James at least suggested that she's still I think the term she used was she's still going to fight. Is she got other plans to go after Donald Trump before he takes office?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 9: My producer and I were just talking here in the car and we were saying, the next two months are going to be so interesting, right, we've got there's this window of time where he's in this limbo area.
Speaker 3: So is something more coming?
Speaker 9: I mean, this is just like I mean, people are just kind of taking a step back, and I think I keep thinking about all the different prosecutors that have been going after the former president with these legal cases, and what are they thinking, what are their next moves. There are reports in this last hour that we are working to confirm that the Department of Justice is working right now to evaluate how to wind down the two federal criminal cases they have against Trump before he takes office, and they're trying to apparently reportedly comply with this long standing department policy that a sitting president can't be prosecuted.
Speaker 3: So we're trying to get that confirmation within the Department of Justice right now.
Speaker 9: So it's complicated, right so we're all trying to dissect it and figure out what's going to hold, what's going to be dismissed, what's going to be pardon, what's you know what? How is this all going to work? But it's a it's a huge win for the former president. Of course, the major victory and comeback for him covers a lot of ground, not just getting into the Oval Office, but actually beating the system that tried to put them behind bars.
Speaker 1: Jack Smith is making his reservations in can Coon with the Dallas Cowboys, and I'm sure Trump's people are trying to figure out who they can put in the Justice Department to make quick work of dropping all these charges.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, it's going to be interesting for sure.
Speaker 4: All Right, well, I guess you've got eleven days where you're going to just find I don't know, we have plans now that you're not going to be in Pennsylvania for twelve days.
Speaker 1: She'll be reassigned. You're not just going to give it your probit.
Speaker 9: Because we're friends, I want to tell you guys something I actually so I was here. I've been in the state for six days. We've been bouncing around doing different.
Speaker 3: Rallies that we talked about with you guys.
Speaker 9: One of the rallies that I went to was the big one at the at the Paint Arena, and one of the kind of surprise guests was Roberto Clemente Junior, who came up on stage proud Puerto Rican. Obviously his father is the same baseball player Roberto Clemente. I'm actually as I'm talking to you. I am looking at PNC Park right now. I am standing in the shadow. We're actually parked on the side of the road, and I'm doing my live shots in front of the Roberto Clemente Junior Bridge because or Roberto Clemente Bridge, because it's so famous, but it looks like.
Speaker 3: That the Tower Bridge and Sacramento. You and I both know that.
Speaker 9: But I actually reached out to him, and I'd had him on our show on News Nation about a month ago, and I called him because he made a surprise appearance with Trump on stage at that rally, and I was surprised to see him and I jumped up and I ran to go get video, and I said, I didn't know he was going to be here, So I just reached out to him. And I'm actually waiting for Roberto Clemente Junior to meet me here at my car in the next ten minutes to talk to him about he's going to meet me and we're going to do an interview in front of the bridge about his role at the rally. He told me on the phone quickly before he came over here that he wasn't planning on being on stage, that mister Trump had kind of said, you're going on stage with me, let's go. Of course, there was all this, you know, all the reaction to what happened at the MSG rally with the comedian who.
Speaker 3: Joked about Puerto Ricans. So I'm going to ask him.
Speaker 9: About how he feels, how did this happen, how did he come to support Donald Trump?
Speaker 3: What does it mean for immigration to him? How does he feel? I mean, did those comments at MSG just.
Speaker 9: Not matter because the Latino vote turned out for Donald Trump. So I'm going to have a conversation with him in literally ten minutes. He's about to pull up and then I'm going to play that this week on News Nation and I'll.
Speaker 3: Tweet about it and let you guys know.
Speaker 1: When Laura, You're not going to find a better reporter.
Speaker 2: That is awesome, Just so nice. Hey, you can always come back and do fire coverage if you want.
Speaker 9: You know what I was actually, you know, I was listening then I was remembering being, you know, running around in the in the bronco that we used to have at KFI, chasing fires, and you know I would do a day in the life.
Speaker 3: I'd come back and do that for a day.
Speaker 2: Come on, well, we would definitely love to see it.
Speaker 4: Laura, Thank you, appreciate it all right, you guys, Top news Nations, Laura Ingle. There up next, the Big twelve o'clock hour.
Speaker 1: The Big Gigantic. It's the biggest, it's the biggest hour.
Speaker 2: Okay, it's done. Big.
Speaker 4: What you've been listening to The Gary and Shannon Show. You can always hear us live on KFI AM six forty nine am to one pm every Monday through Friday, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app.