Speaker 1: The sports page with The Orlando Sentinel and FM ninety six to nine. In the games Mike the Bulldog Beyond you on JRR.
Speaker 2: Bulldog Sports Page, brought to you this morning by Petty's Meets on State Red four thirty four and Long Whiches West of I four. Good morning, Bulldog. Familiar faces will be returning to the Super Bowl.
Speaker 3: Ho hum, another year, another trip to the Super Bowl for the Chiefs.
Speaker 4: Good lord, you.
Speaker 1: Can't walk, you can't talk against my team, just because they've been my team for a long time.
Speaker 3: They won two. Now they're going for an unprecedented three peat. They beat Josh Allen. Big surprise there in the Bills thirty two to twenty nine. Chiefs are the ninth NFL team to win back to back Super Bowl, but the first to return for a third consecutive season. So, man, what they are doing is historical historic? Is it historical rights historic?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, but yeah, unbelievable what they've done. Patrick Mahomes simply unflappable. Yesterday, Josh Allen brings the Bills back ties the game twenty nine to all with like however much time there was left in the fourth quarter. Patrick Mahomes takes him down the field. They kicked the field goal, but Josh Allen had a chance, had a chance. Well, it's like three point thirty left in the game when the Bills got the ball back and they couldn't they couldn't take it down the field.
Speaker 4: So Chiefs end up winning the game.
Speaker 3: Obviously, these narratives are gonna be Josh Allen cannot beat Patrick Mahomes when it counts. These two teams have met. I think they've met eight times in the last four years. The Bills have won the four regular season games and the Chiefs have won the four playoffs.
Speaker 4: So what does that tell you?
Speaker 1: I tells you when it matters, it ain't. But that sucks. I really, even being a Chiefs fan, I wanted Josh Allen to win.
Speaker 2: What was the stat you said on the Chiefs in the Super Bowl? With the three.
Speaker 4: Nine teams have?
Speaker 3: Nine teams have won back to back Super Bowls, but the Chiefs are the only one to return to the Super Bowl for the third time.
Speaker 2: That the Dolphins do three in a row, but only one two of them.
Speaker 4: I don't know teams that have one back to back supertcha oh, got it?
Speaker 2: Hey, they lost their first one, then one two, right, Okay, gotcha.
Speaker 1: Do you think if if Patrick Mahomes was out of the bar and Josh Allen walked in, that they may fight? No, No, I'm being serious, like a serious question if somebody and I'm not mister competitor, but if somebody beat my ass every year like that? And sorry, Bill's fans, I love you guys, Bill's mafy and Bam, You're awesome.
Speaker 4: But I think they might after.
Speaker 3: Aight happened in September. I take Josh Allen. If it happened in January, I'm picking Patrick Mahomes to win the bar fight. Josh Allen's been a great quarterback. You know what he's to be. He's destined to be like Charles Barkley and Karl Malone, you know when they were trying to win NBA championships during the Michael Jordan era.
Speaker 4: That's what Josh Allen is.
Speaker 3: He can't even get to a super Bowl because of Patrick Mahomes. I think he's I think he's been, has he been this seven playoff appearance? Has never been to a super Bowl? Something like that. I feel worse for the Bills fans. How many times do they get dragged within eyesight of the altar, you know right, Yeah, back in the day they lost four in a row. Now they can't even get there again. I'll tell you what, though, Mahomies and the Chiefs are gonna have their work cut out for them with the Eagles, because the Eagles look like the real deal. They just bury the Commanders fifty five to twenty three. Sakuon Barkley, of course, had a sixty yard run one hundred and twenty some yards or one hundred and eighteen yards rushing. And but but that Eagles defense is the best in the league. Their offensive line is the best in the league. And Jalen Hurts the way he played yesterday running the football, passing the ball through for what two and forty six yards? That's only the second time this season, or second time in the last eight games he's hit the two hundred yard mark passing.
Speaker 4: This is gonna be a great Super Bowl.
Speaker 2: Did you guys see the block Saquon put on that linebacker for the touchdown? Yes, he just pancaked. The guy is unbelievable.
Speaker 4: Is such a stuff?
Speaker 2: And then the turnovers did in the Commanders, I mean, did the Eagles capitalized on every single turnover, didn't they.
Speaker 3: Yeah, four turnovers for the command There's no turnovers for the Eagles obviously. So yeah, two best teams are probably playing in the Super Bowl, as it should be.
Speaker 4: I guess we'll make our picks later. Yeah, right, right, do we want to go over last week's picks?
Speaker 1: By the way, the picks for this past week, and we had Bulldog Eagles, Bills, Pet Eagles Bills, me Redskins Chiefs.
Speaker 4: So we were all just fitting well split.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that would be the commanders.
Speaker 2: Speaking of commanding, how about the captain Roger Penske and his Porsche team back to back roll like championships. They get first and third. Yes, at the finish yesterday from Daytona. Guys, we're out there right, Yeah, it was a good time. It was absolutely beautiful, little chili on Saturday for the start, but he warmed up nicely yesterday for the finish, great blue skies and the infield was absolutely packed out.
Speaker 1: The whole place is packed and pet look look at my face.
Speaker 2: I got sunburned out there. The little sun sun slash slash windburn going on.
Speaker 3: Bulldog nice, nice lots of ladies, little little college basketball over the weekend. U see if blows out TCU, the Gators blowout Georgia. So those two teams doing fairly well. Still think UCF could make the turn. The Gators are definitely gonna make the tournament the right. The Raiders high old seventy three year old Pete Carrol Man to coach their team. He's the oldest coach in the NFL right now, surpassing Andy Reid. So we'll see what Pete Carroll does. I think it's a good high. I'm sorry, I like Pete Carroll. I think he's for his age. He's very spry.
Speaker 2: Be's gum chewing coach in all of the NFL.
Speaker 4: That's it.
Speaker 2: And then the Cowboys locking in as expected. Schottenheimer. Yeah, their fans are thrilled.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I don't really get that higher and why they waited so long to make it, but hey, yeah, so Magic get back on the winning track. Man. That was a big win for them over the Piston. The franz A and Pallo each score thirty two. That was a Saturday night, Saturday night, and now tonight they take on the Hate and Heat and Jimmy Butler, the quitter, expected to make his return for the Heat tonight down in my mean, I wonder if those Heat fans will boo Jimmy Butler or cheer him. It's gonna be interesting to see.
Speaker 1: I think he's gonna come out playing really good, really well, and I hate that for magic. But Pat, I left the signs up despite what you said. You said take the signs to.
Speaker 2: Bulldogs on the same page as me trying to break the curse. O.
Speaker 4: Guess what. I kept the signs up. Okay, and we won?
Speaker 2: All right? We won fair enough?
Speaker 4: There you have it fair enough?
Speaker 2: All right? No tent you didn't want to report on any of the Australian Open. Bullda, You're not a tennis guy. I get it. Neither am I, neither is Taco. I did notice yesterday that NBC was counter programming the championship game with a figure skating They were smart figure skating.
Speaker 1: Well, they stopped golf. Saturday were the finals in golf so they wouldn't have to compete.
Speaker 2: Do you know that? No, yeah, golf.
Speaker 1: They played the finals on Saturday because they go it's NFL.
Speaker 3: What do you do?
Speaker 2: Mike the Bulldog Bianchi, host of Open Mic on AM seven forty and FM ninety six, ninety game. If you want to have some overreactions, feel free to bounce over there and join him. He's on a Jason tuss and we thank him for joining us for the sports page each morning here on j R R
Speaker 1: Oh oh j R one O one one w j r R, Orlando's rock station,