Speaker 1: Hey, folks, Objectively Dan here, and if you haven't noticed on this recently, we've been having a lot of guests that are coming from TikTok who like to talk about religion and I'd like to talk about their experiences with it. Mostly probably negative, I would say. And I think today's guest is going to be no different. I have be Easy joining me today, who's going to talk about his own time with that. So get ready to listen to him and all that and more on today's episode of Truth Wanted. Hello, Hello everybody, and welcome back to another episode of Truth Wanted.
Speaker 2: I am your host, Objectively Dan.
Speaker 1: This is the live colling show where we talk to people about what they believe and why.
Speaker 2: And of course every.
Speaker 1: Single week I always have a special guest with you. This week is no different. It's be Easy joining me today.
Speaker 3: Be Easy.
Speaker 2: Welcome to truth Wanted.
Speaker 4: Hey, thanks, thanks for having me Dan. I'm excited to be here.
Speaker 1: Yes, I'm excited to have you on here as well. And folks, I'm stalling just a little bit, just a little bit, because I was just on talk Keithen and I'm doing double due today and I didn't have my notes ready for Truth wanted. But guess what now I do, So I'm going to keep this intro rolling. We are streaming at our new time right now Sundays at two forty five pm.
Speaker 2: So stick with you because we're going to keep streaming at that time.
Speaker 1: And if you like call us, you should do that because we have open lines right now. It's A five one two nine nine nine two four two, or you can call through your computer at ACE eight show slash Call that Truth Wanted is a product of the Atheist Community of Austin, a five O one C three nonprofit organization dedicated to the promotion of atheism, critical thinking, secular humanism, and the separation of religion and government. And folks, we are try streaming today, so a big shout out to our viewers on TikTok.
Speaker 2: And YouTube mobile.
Speaker 1: If you are watching us on TikTok tonight and you'd like to talk to us, then please request.
Speaker 2: To join and we'll bring you up on the stage.
Speaker 1: Please make sure you are over the age of eighteen before doing so. Uh, And of course I already mentioned our special guests today. Be easy, Be easy. You are a TikTok creator, you like to talk about religion and uh, you, I would say, you are quite critical of religion, not a fan, not a zero staris wouldn't I recommend talk to me about this? Be easy? So so you know, we've been we've been getting talking. Like I said at the beginning, we've been talking to a lot of TikTok creators who who are coming out of the woodwork in the last couple of years, you know, in talking to people about the fact that they are atheists or agnostic.
Speaker 2: Do you identify as atheist or agnostic?
Speaker 5: No, I did not identify as agnostic. I am an atheist, just atheists. So what's that down? What's that distinction for you? So excuse me as we know just you know a lot of people, and it's surprising because some people, you know, don't understand the differences between those two you know and just and you know, and and a lot of people think being an atheist is a belief system. It's not a belief system. It's the lack of a belief in any religious gods, you know. And just strictly for me, when people ask me that question, I strictly I straight up tell them, you know, for me, you know, anything that exists has evidence to validate its existence, and simply because no god has any evidence to validate their existence, then it doesn't exist.
Speaker 1: For me, Yeah, yeah, that makes sense. I mean I tend to think along the same lines. There's some atheists that will say, well, I'm an agnostic atheist because I don't know for sure, but I don't kind of believe in anything. Do you do you find any uh? You know, does that make sense to you all? Or or you're like, now you don't even use it that I.
Speaker 5: Don't know, you know, uh, when when people say that, it makes sense to me, Like I get why they're saying that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, But for me, I don't need to say that.
Speaker 5: You know, I often tell people, you know, for God's you know, people back back then, in ancient days and antiquity, you know, they didn't have the scientific innovation that we have today. And also they were bored, so you know, they would look around. They would wonder how things operate. You know, oh, what's this wet substance is falling down from the sky. I don't know what that is. I don't know how it happens. So they would have questions.
Speaker 4: So what would they do?
Speaker 5: You know, they would make up gods and attribute different traits of nature to those gods, and then they would create stories about those gods, you know, make them do things so that they could sit down around the campfire and.
Speaker 4: Entertain themselves, you know.
Speaker 5: And then if you transferred a little later on down the line, people you know, people in positions of authority or whatnot, realized how much you can control and drive people's behavior with the beliefs in different gods.
Speaker 4: And so that's what they started to do.
Speaker 2: Gotcha, gotcha?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Okay, So you're someone who definitely believes that religion and you know, and it's in many and some of its forms today probably certainly not all right, but but in some of its forms, say, are used as a control for people.
Speaker 2: You know, you do you do go that far?
Speaker 4: Definitely? Definitely. Hey, I get you if I get you to believe in my God that I created, but only I know that I created.
Speaker 5: But if I get you to believe in my God, and then I tell you, hey, well, well I'm the middleman between this god and you, and hey, this God told me that it wants you to do X Y and Z. So guess what I'm going to do X Y and Z Because now I believe in this God, and I believe that this God is in control of my afterlife and whatnot.
Speaker 4: So I'm going to do what's required to please this God.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, so you weren't always in atheists though, right, Oh, not at all?
Speaker 2: You did you identify as a Christian before?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 1: Okay, I was.
Speaker 4: I was a Christian.
Speaker 2: How long were you a Christian?
Speaker 5: I was a Christian for about twenty three years, the first twenty three years of my life, you know, right now, I'm you know, I'm nearly double that that amount, you know, my age is nearly double that. And so growing up, I often, you know, I often like had questions about specific things that just never sat right with me. But I was always I was always shushed in church, you know, and and in the community at home and things of that nature. You know, there's there's a there's a popular saying in you know, in the community Christian community, don't question God, you know, and then they'll use a statement that's in the Bible, you know, the walk by faith not by sight or statement which literally tells you not to think, you know, just do as you're told. Right, So I was often I was often shushed with statements like that. Then in my early twenties, you know, I sat down and I actually started to just to research things to try to answer my questions, and I started the information that I started to come on to discover, you know, you know.
Speaker 1: He said, you're about twice as old now, so this would have been about twenty years.
Speaker 2: Ago at this.
Speaker 4: Yes, I'm I'm forty one now.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, okay, yeah, I'm forty one.
Speaker 5: So when I when I was twenty three, you know, I sat down and actually I I really I sat down to try to prove the existence of Jesus because someone a friend of mine who had gone through his deconstruction process and everything, he just he planted that seed in my ear. You know, he was like, hey, can you can you validate? Can you prove the can you validate the existence of Jesus to me, you know, with using as less of the Bible as you could, you know, And so I sat down and try to try to do that, and then lo and behold, you know, I started to discover one lie, you know, and then I started to discover another one and another, and then just eventually, you know, like that just engulfed all of my leisure time, even even when I was supposed to be doing other things productive, I would be you know.
Speaker 2: I had a very similar experience.
Speaker 1: I think a lot of people are like that, right, because it's like, wait a minute, so this if this isn't true, like what else is in Troe?
Speaker 2: What about this thing about this?
Speaker 1: Right? It kind of becomes you know, you kind of get dig into it, right you kind of yeah, yeah, yeah, get into it. And so not only are you an atheist, you're also a Jesus mythicist.
Speaker 4: I am. I am a mythesist. I am a mythsist.
Speaker 1: I like because that's not as common in the atheist community. And in fact, not only that for you, the actual the mythsist position was a part of your deconstruction, is what I'm said about.
Speaker 4: It pretty much led the charge because.
Speaker 5: You know, once I started to once I started to get a hunch that Jesus wasn't a real person and you know, and those things were fabricated, I still was holding onto the God portion of it.
Speaker 4: You know, I wasn't one of those you know.
Speaker 5: I was a Christian, but I wasn't just deep into it as like you know, you know, priests, the doctrine and everything. I wasn't one of those trinitarians and everything. You know, I was just told like Jesus the Son of God, and you know, he did these things and stuff. So I was still holding on to the god aspect of it.
Speaker 1: Parkay.
Speaker 5: Yeah, then you know I started to critically think more and more. Like once I started to learn and understand more and more history, it allowed me to critically think more and more, and in turn, that opened the door for me to pay attention to more scientific innovations and reasonings for things and stuff in the natural world more and more, and that led me here today.
Speaker 1: Really. Okay, So, so for the time when you were first like okay, I'm not sure about this thing, or you say a friend was sort of influencing you a bit because they had their own deconstruction experience. Well, when when did that start versus when you said, okay, I'm finally an atheist.
Speaker 2: How long was that period?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 5: Well, I want to say, honestly, it took a couple of years to finally say. I will say, uh, maybe around in my late twenties, maybe around twenty eight, twenty nine thirty real, because you know, because for me and I know this happens to other people as well, Like, you know, once I started to have a hunch, you know, about that the God thing was made up, then I started, like I started, I was still trying to hold on to it, you know, seeing I'm very spiritual and you know, these spiritual things and stuff, and so gotcha.
Speaker 1: That was my way of you don't want to get you don't want to throw away the whole baby with the bath water. Right, You're you're like, hey, maybe some of this is real, but like at least this part is it, right, So so you were kind of yeah, And I think that's pretty common experience.
Speaker 2: I for myself, it was probably pretty similar.
Speaker 1: I think I became a liberal Christian first before it became like an atheist, right because it's like, oh, maybe the Bible we don't have to take everything literally and we don't have to take everything this and then you know, it just kind of kind of goes away from that time. So that makes sense to me rite how that works.
Speaker 5: And I know, I think uh as far as like with a friend kind of planting a seed. Initially in the beginning of our processes, I know it was a friend with me, and I think it was it was a little similar with you because I was, you know, like I'm a researcher, you know, so I was doing some research on you and I think, you know you're you were a Christian and it was uh an atheist. He like came to your college campus or something, and you know, and he started asking you some questions and you know, it just it planted a seed in you.
Speaker 1: And yeah, you know that's definitely part of my story for sure. Yeah, And it's it is crazy how just single conversations in your life can really I mean, it's part of the reason why I'm an active today because I know the effects that I had on me, and I know that the single conversations that you have with people in your life can absolutely make a difference. And I love doing it. But but let's talk about you actually, So what so at this time this would have been the mid two thousands. So were you like were you just like kind of privately an atheist about this? Like did you did you leave your church? Were you part of a church group at this time? You know, what was that transition?
Speaker 5: Like, yeah, I was, I was part of a church group, and you know, I did leave my church. And for me, it's I went through exactly a process that that a book that I read early on in my deconstruction process said that I was going to do it. I guess he kind of. He's a prophet. I guess he prophesied this.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, an atheist prophet.
Speaker 5: Hey, hey, an atheist prophet. His his name is Anthony Browder. And he has a book. Matter of fact, I have it somewhere around here, but it's a book called twenty two Essays on the African American Experience. And he said that when you're on this journey, you're gonna go through three emotions. He said, First, you're gonna become very angry. You know, you're gonna be very upset. I rate, because you're gonna as you're uncovering, you know, a lot of these lies that you have been taught throughout your life, you know, purposely sold by some but by others.
Speaker 4: They just passed down.
Speaker 5: Information that they were taught, you know, but you're gonna find out this stuff is not true, and so it's gonna make you very angry. And so he said that's gonna be your first emotion. Then your second emotion is you're gonna feel very lonely isolated, because now you're you're learning all this new information and so you're gonna want to you're gonna want to shove it down the ears of all your.
Speaker 1: Family and friends and even any strangers.
Speaker 4: That you meet.
Speaker 5: And because you know, still most people are you know, quote unquote caught in the matrix.
Speaker 4: For lack of a better term.
Speaker 5: You know, they're gonna they're gonna just deem you as a conspiracy theorist and you don't know what you're you don't know what you're talking about, and so that's gonna make you feel very isolated.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and then he said, you're gonna you're gonna you're gonna reach your third emotion, where you know, like peace, You're gonna start to realize, you know, uh, you're gonna accept all of these new things that you're learning, and you're going to start to realize that, hey, every you know, everybody learns and accepts things at their own.
Speaker 4: Pace, at their own time.
Speaker 5: Some people it might not ever be the case for them, and that's okay. You know, So you're gonna learn how to decipher bits and pieces of information to those who are ready for it, and who wants to who wants to hear it and receive it.
Speaker 4: And that's where I am today.
Speaker 1: This this but this book, the twenty two Essays on the African American Experience and that what was that that talking about atheism?
Speaker 5: Yeah, so yeah, so that book, Yeah, it was so like that. The author's name, his name is Anthony brought her and he's still living out in the DC area. And what happened was in the like in the late eighties early nineties, the newspaper in that region hired him on to write different essays on different topics regarding the African American community, you know, every month, and so he had a lot of different topics just describing the experience that we are going through and what we've been put in and things of that nature. And so he had different so he compiled all of his essays, his monthly essays into one book.
Speaker 4: So yeah, so he had.
Speaker 5: Numerous different essays, like different they would be chapters, but you know, a lot of the chapters would be on different things. So but of course, you know, just a lot of the chapters just ran through the topic of religion and spirituality and things of that nature.
Speaker 1: Just not it got it, okay, because I was gonna say I relate to all of those things in my own deconstruction, and I'm pretty sure I'm not African American. Okay, So I was a little confused. I was like, whoa, wait a waite, he's speaking to me right now, what's happening? I got I gotta figure something out. But anyway, no, So, wow, that's that's really incredible. So so yeah, I mean all of that makes sense. The isolation, the feeling like, oh, you're just like conspiracies or you're crazy, because you know, for myself, I was a part of an evangelical college group, and so you know, thinking the thoughts that I had and saying the things that I did were definitely not super welcome, right, And there definitely is an isolation experience and also like a feeling of wanting to tell everybody around.
Speaker 2: You, like, hey, all this shit's kind of a lie.
Speaker 1: And you know, there's a reason why the angry atheist phase is a thing that people say, right, because you're kind of you're really sort of militant about it. Yeah, I think a lot of people are. So So that's how you were were you were you like, would you describe yourself as an activist at this time? Were you were you yeah.
Speaker 5: At that time, at that at that process of the journey. Yeah, yeah, because I you know, I wasn't. I wasn't standing out on the corners like some Christians and Hebrew Israelites trying to get with the microphones, you know, screaming this stuff out.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 1: But every time anybody who would listen, you you tall them.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I would tell them and stuff. And I would like, especially when when social media apps started to come on the scene and emerge, I would get on them and start talking about this stuff on rooms and stuff and you.
Speaker 1: Know, okay I would. So before TikTok, you were doing some stuff. Oh yeah, So before TikTok, I was. I was doing some stuff on the clubhouse, which is at Love House.
Speaker 4: Okay, yeah, it's still going, you know, is it still going?
Speaker 1: Okay, it's still going.
Speaker 5: Wow, Okay, I still And I started to develop a large following on there and then and then TikTok came on the scene, and like it took me like a couple of years, and then I got on the TikTok and started trying it out, and then I just fell in love with it, and wow, you know, here I am today.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Yeah, that's awesome.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So okay, so you've been doing this, but I I I thought you had started on TikTok, but I didn't realize you had some other social media stuff you were doing before.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: No, I started with with this topic on clubhouse. And it's a few of my friends on TikTok who who you.
Speaker 4: Know, we interact with each other, and we met.
Speaker 1: My clubhouse, you know, that are frequent.
Speaker 5: My lives in our mods, and my lives a lot you know, uh, you know, shout out, shout out, drop top, you know. But you know, so Instagram and Facebook not so much. I just you know, Instagram it is a little funny things, and Facebook's family and friends and stuff. But yeah, and I started, you know, doing it here and there kind of like you know, kind of trying to slide in there. Like I was still like not ashamed of it, but you know, because we're we're seeing as you know, yeah, cringe, you know, quote unquote devil worshipers or whatever, like we don't believe in God would make it.
Speaker 1: And I imagine that it's not your full time thing either, right, Yeah, so that's how it is for a lot of us, right, So it's like, well you kind of you get to isolate that space for you.
Speaker 2: You look like you have something to say on that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, when when when you made that comment, Yeah, it it ignited something in me, you know because oftentimes, because like you just said, I'm a mythicist and the mystasis position is the minority, right, and let's talk about that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, go ahead please?
Speaker 5: Yeah, And because when you when you when when you I don't it just like uh, when when I ask for evidence for the existence of Jesus, you know, most people most people just immediately come and say, you know, they try to appeal to popularity, Well, the majority of scholars, well you know, the consensus. Well a A I often tell people, A, the majority of scholars you know this topic is there nine to five. It's their money maker. Yeah, that's what you said that ignited. Yeah, it's their money maker. So they have to continuously leave everyone in a great area so they can continue to get, you know, booked for lectures, they can continue to be employed, people continue to buy their books and things of that nature, you know, and they can't they can't put out academia that conflicts with their employees or the majority view or whatever.
Speaker 4: Then they're gonna, you.
Speaker 5: Know, they're they're gonna stop being you know, contacted. Yeah, it's it's not it's not my source of revenue. It's not my money maker. So I so I'm gonna come out there and put out the exact scholarship that most people are scared to say.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, so I you know, I don't go one way or the other on personally. I have the opportunity to speak with Richard kerry Or, who's probably one of the most well known people who's who's talked about I've read actually a few of his books. So I'm i'm I'm I'd say I'm more familiar than the average even atheist online that talks about the mythisist position, about the mythsist position. I think most of us in this camp who are activists, we tend to shy away from it. And the reason why we shy away from it is because it isn't it isn't something that we all agree on, and so we don't like talking about it because you know, some people may have some different takes on it, right, and if we don't have, if we're not in presenting our message in a unified way that can be seen as a weakness. Right, So a lot of us kind of fall on well, you know, whether Jesus or not exists. You know, I think it's just, you know, we can still talk about how everything else in Christianity does it work or you know, doesn't make sense or isn't true. Right, so you can still sort of deconstruct or debunk Christian claims without having to go far as to say that Jesus was a myth. What do you think about positions like that where they're kind of taking I guess we'll call it a centrist more view on the Mephasis position.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And and that's a lot And you know, I love Rich Carrier's work. I'm familiar with a lot of his works and stuff. And he and he and I like we we we get to the we get to the same conclusion, the same finish line, but we take different routes. Yeah, you know, and and like a lot of you know, uh, well, I know Rich Carrier thinks that Jesus never existed. He's a mythhsist. But people like bar Ermann, I'm sorry, that's what I'm thinking of. Bar erman is not a mythsist, but he just he just rejects the supernatural claims and things of that.
Speaker 2: Correct.
Speaker 5: Yeah, like but and Carrier also Carrier Carrier like, I don't believe that Paul ever existed, and I think that all the Gospels and I think that all of the texts from the New Testament were mid second century and beyond creations not.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was Art doesn't think yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but I do, wow, as much as it's a lot of evidence for that being the case.
Speaker 1: Man, Okay, we may need to talk about that in between the calls that we do have a couple of callers, who do you want to talk to us? So I do want to talk to callers, but hey, in between, I want to ask you about that because that's a new one to me. I I Paul being a myth. That's that's not common at all. So I'm very curious on on what the defense is on that. I would want. I want to hear what that is. But if it's okay with you, we do have some callers that want to talk to us, So you want to switch gears here and talk to some callers, absolutely, Okay, let's do it.
Speaker 4: Let's do it.
Speaker 1: Awesome, Let's do that before we get to our first caller, folks, I need to do a thank you to our patrons of the week. Every single week we have the folks who donate on the Patreon. You can donate at a c A dot show slash Patreon t W. I of course want to thank everybody for supporting this show. But this week's patron of the week is going to be drum roll, please wait for it. It is phantom X. Thank you so much, phantom X. There it is on the screen. I came in too hot, you know, before before crew could catch up. Thank you, fantom AX, and thank you to everybody who contributes to the show.
Speaker 2: You are all amazing.
Speaker 1: And with that out of the way, let's get to our first dollar. We have a call who is waiting who called at the very end of talk Ethan has been waiting this whole time, so I'm going to get to them first.
Speaker 2: We have Popo I believe is how you say your name?
Speaker 1: Please correct you if I'm wrong, calling in from Puerto Rico, who says that they have proof slash evidence that God exists. So Popo, you are live on truth, wanted love to hear it.
Speaker 4: Yes, how are you?
Speaker 7: I'm going to prove that God exceeds. The argument is universe exceeds, Therefore necessary or being ex said, that is God.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'll be real with you, Papo.
Speaker 1: I I couldn't hear about half the words you said there. I don't know if there was an audio issue or there is some slurring going on or what. But maybe if you can repeat that, maybe slow down just a hair, we might be able to catch what you're saying.
Speaker 7: Can you hear me?
Speaker 6: Now?
Speaker 2: I can hear you, I think so.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Okay, a contingent or dependent universe exist. Therefore unnecessary or non dependent independent being or reality exists, and that is God.
Speaker 4: That's the argument.
Speaker 1: Wow, Okay, why why does the first premise leading to the second premise?
Speaker 7: Because a dependent being, by definisue and structuality ontologically mean that it depends on something else, and that something else must exist for the dependent reality to exist.
Speaker 2: Okay, So who does God depend on to exist?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 7: Because God is unnecessary being.
Speaker 1: Oh, God's a necessary being. Okay, So what if the universe is a necessary thing?
Speaker 7: That's impossible because I just proved that it's dependent.
Speaker 1: Really, you've proved it. I don't remember him doing that. Do you remember he proved that the universe is now, Yeah, I don't think so. Yeah, tell me how how do we prove that the universe is necessarily dependent?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 7: Do you accept or deny that dependent being succeeds in the users?
Speaker 1: I don't know what that means. Dependent beings exist? I could you know? You can claim someone as you're dependent on your tax form. So I don't think that's what you mean, though.
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 7: Are you a dependent or a necessary being?
Speaker 1: I don't think I'm either. I don't know what those mean.
Speaker 7: Okay, are you dependent or are you God? Are you a condicient or are you God?
Speaker 2: Again?
Speaker 1: Necessary to have to define your terms just a little bit more so, I just want to be clear with the pop up all the words that you're using this line of argument.
Speaker 2: This is not new to me.
Speaker 1: I'm sure it's not new to be either. We've heard variations of this before. The problem that I'm trying to elucidate here, and I want to be easy to chime in as wells is not just me talking. But look, I think it's been that you can throw these words out, say the universe is this and we're that all day, But until you actually demonstrate that's the case, it really doesn't matter. And look, here's the thing. I think if a god does exist, it has to be better than just well, if we philosophically consider the universe, then God has to exist, right, I don't know. To me, it seems like we could do something stronger. But that's just my take. What do you think?
Speaker 2: Be easy?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Well I usually go two ways with with that. When when when people bring that up, because yeah, like like Dan, she said, I'm not God, We're not We're not God's you know, and so yeah, we we are dependent, we're contingent. You know, our parents had six and you know, nine months later that we're h.
Speaker 4: Yeah, hey, be easy here Dan, here, you.
Speaker 5: Know, so yeah, we you know, So like I go two ways when people say that, like A and Dan just said that, you know, you haven't provided evidence that the universe is contingent, is created, you know, we need you know, what makes you say that the universe was created?
Speaker 4: It's contingent, you know?
Speaker 5: And then and then b you know you you myself, Dan, No one is able to describe exactly all of the mechanims mechanisms of the universe how it operates, So we don't how would how would you know that it's contingent if you can't even describe everything that happens within it.
Speaker 7: Ye, okay, so you agree that you are dependent? You said it?
Speaker 1: Is that all you took away from that?
Speaker 2: Papo?
Speaker 7: He said, he agreed with me.
Speaker 1: I know he actually I think his opinion was. I think his take was a lot more nuanced than you're giving you credit. And I'm not sure you were listening. Could you maybe give us of what he said so I know that you're listening.
Speaker 7: He said that he agreed that we are depend than in cons Did you say again.
Speaker 1: I think that that's the point you want to make. But what I'm asking you is cause you think you could summarize what he said so that I know that you're listening.
Speaker 4: But that's important.
Speaker 7: Part he said that. I want to make sure that he said that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, But Papa, how do I know that you're actually listening right now? Because if you're not listening, why do I have a conversation with somebody that's not listening.
Speaker 7: Okay, I'm listening, but I'm asking that in order to know that you know that I'm listening by asking that, if you if.
Speaker 1: You were listening, you wouldn't have to ask, right, you would know if you were listening.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying exactly. Let's take this one step at a time.
Speaker 1: I think if you listen to what you're saying, he was saying, Hey, we may know some things in the universe works some ways, but we don't know how everything in the universe works, right, So how do we know about that? And and just because some parts in the universe work the way that we think that they do, that doesn't mean the universe itself works that way, right. The universe itself is a completely different things than the things that make up the individual parts of the universe. So how do we know that the universe is dependent? How do we know that the universe is contingent? Papo okay, okay, I tell you. I'll tell you.
Speaker 7: I don't need the universe. I just seed one dependent being.
Speaker 2: That's it. No, you don't. That doesn't make any sense.
Speaker 7: Yes, I do. How many dependent beings do I need to prove?
Speaker 8: Need?
Speaker 7: Dependent being or necessary being?
Speaker 1: I don't know how many dependent beings do you need to change the light bulb?
Speaker 2: What are we talking about here?
Speaker 1: What do you mean the universe could be made by multiple gods? Right?
Speaker 2: How do we know it's not multiple gods.
Speaker 7: Oh, that's not what I'm saying. I'm saying I just seed one dependent being.
Speaker 4: That's it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't see the problem. You have to we have to be convinced or we have to make sense. Otherwise you're not really convincing as of anything.
Speaker 7: Right.
Speaker 2: We're confused here.
Speaker 7: Okay, do you agree that I just need one dependent being to prove God?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 4: Why why not? Why not?
Speaker 1: Why why would you need one depend Why does one dependent being? Again, we still haven't fully defined what that means? But why why does Why does that follow? You haven't demonstrated that at all?
Speaker 7: Okay, because only one dependent being is necessary because if it exists, it already needs a dependent I mean dependent being by definities of structurally.
Speaker 1: You ever heard of a circular argument?
Speaker 2: You know what that is?
Speaker 4: What's that?
Speaker 1: You ever heard a circular argument?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 8: I have.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think that's what that is? What you just said.
Speaker 2: I think you just tried to say.
Speaker 1: I I know the wall is blue because the color of blue is what makes up the wall. You know, That's not what I'm what I'm hearing here.
Speaker 7: No, that's not what I'm saying. And you still mind what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: No, I can't honestly because I I Yeah.
Speaker 7: You cannot steal what I'm saying. Okay, Now we cannot come up with this conversation because you don't know what I'm saying, and you're answering something that I'm not saying.
Speaker 5: I think the only the only part that I understood that that you said, because you keep saying it is because it is that we we need one dependent being.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you said we need one dependent being to prove God exist.
Speaker 4: I'm not sure what you mean.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Okay, that means that I don't need to prove the universe is dependent. I just need one dependent being.
Speaker 4: That's it.
Speaker 2: Why Why is that the case? I don't understand that.
Speaker 7: Because one dependent being is only needs by definitions.
Speaker 1: That's that's the circular part of it, right, Like we have to know why the definition?
Speaker 2: Why that that's true?
Speaker 1: It's not.
Speaker 2: That's not how definitions work. By the way.
Speaker 1: You don't get to say, well, it's that's what this is and that's what makes you true.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 1: So I don't know.
Speaker 7: Because I don't need the whole universe of dependence beings to prove God. I just need the ones.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, Papa, let me ask you this. Then let's change course here because I have other callers that I think would have more interesting conversations of what we're having now. Is this is this that argument?
Speaker 6: That?
Speaker 1: Is this the argument that you rely on to believe in God? Is this, like this argument being true that's what convinces you of God? Or or do you have other arguments that that are more convincing to you?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 4: This is the ones?
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, Well tell you that there's people that have talked about this that are much smarter than I am and talk about it much more interesting ways, you know.
Speaker 4: But ye, can I ask Can I ask him a question?
Speaker 1: Absolutely?
Speaker 5: I'm a well, I don't want to assume. So the the god that you're referring to, is it the God of the Bible? Yes, sir, okay. So so let's say, so, what makes you think that the God of the Bible is the true God that created the universe. Let's say, you know, hypothetically speaking, what what makes you sure that it's the God of the Bible that created the universe? And I don't know, uh it not maybe not? Maybe Brahma? What makes you think it was my way and not Brahma. Who really, who's the true God?
Speaker 7: Okay, because it created the dependent universe by the definition, by what the arguments proved.
Speaker 5: But in the in the okay, in the in the Babla Ghita, Brahma did that?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 7: If the Bible it says it was God who created the universe.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, actually hear what the Bible says, Like, what makes you think the Bible is true?
Speaker 7: Because I just proved it is according.
Speaker 1: To my arguments. Yeah, yeah, circular Go to Wikipedia look up circular arguments, because I think that's what we're experiencing here, Papo. I would I would try. I seriously, I don't know if you've actually talked about this with your friends and family. Maybe you have, But try this with other people that aren't on a callin show and see if this makes sense to them. See if you can convince other people that aren't already Christians. Right, if this makes sense. I don't think what I'm hearing here makes sense. I'm sorry. We do have some other callers that want to talk to us here, so we do have to wrap things. I'll give you one last chance, or was there anything else that you want to say before we let you go?
Speaker 7: Okay, tell me which part doesn't make sense to you.
Speaker 1: Well, all of it, but specifically you're talking about dependants and you're saying you just need one dependent to prove that God exists. I don't know how you get there, and I don't understand that. So if you want to work on your argument, I would start with that and see what see what you can do. No, we don't have time anymore. You had an opportunity, but you know we we we ran out of time.
Speaker 2: So next time. Sound good?
Speaker 7: Okay, thank you very much.
Speaker 1: All right, thank you, Popo, have good rest of your July fifth.
Speaker 4: That was rough.
Speaker 1: I think we said what we need to say on that one. Honestly, I don't know if we need to elaborate. Yeah, So I'm just gonna move on here and before we get to the next college, just real quick, gotta plug. Hey, if you want to support the show, we do have merch Ace dot Show slash merch for your t shirts, hoodies, mugs, hats, etcetera. Another way to support our show is through the super chats. If you send them in, we will read them as long as their YouTube slash TikTok appropriate. Okay, so please go ahead and send those in and we'll get to them. And last, but not least, before we move on, I have to thank the wonderful, amazing, stupendous, fantastic crew that helped make the show happen every single week.
Speaker 2: Thank you to the crew and for everybody doing stuff.
Speaker 1: Oh what's up? Vern's got The atheists are good without God. There you go, Rocket the merch stable, Thank you for that. We do have some super chats. I do want to read them real quick. We got one from A G three three seven oh three gave four nine nine said the nerds are here to support.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much for that.
Speaker 1: Another dollar ninety nine from it's Christina Carroll, who says board is wait no, wait a minute, hold on, I think these are from last week. These are not the current ones. That's why I was confused there. Okay, well we get the current ones updated. Maybe we'll get to the super chat. Sorry about that, folks, technical difficulties. But let's move on to our next callers. Here we have like, oh, we got two really good ones here. I'm going to go with the one who was waiting just a little bit longer. I want to get to but we have a we have a Georgie, and we have a George, which is really interesting. We have Georgie from Bulgaria who's calling him first. I want to talk to them right now, real quick. Georgie, you are alive on truth. Thanks for calling in.
Speaker 2: What's up?
Speaker 4: Hello?
Speaker 2: How are you doing good?
Speaker 1: Is it right? Is Georgie right?
Speaker 2: Please correct me if I'm not saying your name right.
Speaker 4: It's Georgy in Bulgarian.
Speaker 2: But thank you.
Speaker 1: Thank you for correcting me. Girkie, appreciate it. Thanks for calling to the show. What do you want to talk to us about?
Speaker 4: Well, I want to share.
Speaker 9: I've seen a light in the sky on three occasions. It's okay. It was the white white lights. It didn't twinkle like stars.
Speaker 1: Okay. I saw some lights last night. It was fourth of July. There was a lot of fireworks. I saw a lot. Yeah, a lot as well. It is the reason why you believe that God exists because you saw like these lights or what?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 9: I typed in the summary that I believe we are non physical eternal beings.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, and the lights somehow contribute to this idea.
Speaker 9: Yeah, they were doing weird stuff on true occasions.
Speaker 2: What so you saw weird lights.
Speaker 1: How does that correlate to the idea of us being non physical beings?
Speaker 9: Well, I do believe we're surrounded by it and aliens that are here to help.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, so it's not really it's not necessarily a god thing. You're you're you're talking. Okay, So you think that we're like around spiritual sort of non physical beings.
Speaker 9: Yeah, stuff like New age ideas.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, I appreciate you going it woo woo. I guess you know because I think I would too.
Speaker 4: Yeah, me too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so let me I'm confusing. Okay, So you believe it's non physical beings, but like, surely it's not because you saw three weird lights one time, right, Like, I'm assuming there's some other reason why you believe that.
Speaker 9: Uh So, I have some sources that talk about this stuff. They make books in videos on YouTube.
Speaker 1: That's I mean, that's cool, But I want to know about you, like your reasons, Like you think that this idea that you're talking about, right, we're non physical beings. That's interesting on its own, right, Like I want to know if we're non physical beings or not. Why should I believe? Why should me? And be easy believe that we're non physical beings, or maybe you don't believe that, maybe you believe there's.
Speaker 2: Other non physical beings. I don't know.
Speaker 1: Can you elaborate just for us on that?
Speaker 9: Well, I think science proves more likely that we're in a simulation some something like that.
Speaker 2: We ta, So.
Speaker 1: I asked you to talk about why you believe a claim, and then you made another claim about something else.
Speaker 4: So I didn't he very well, I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: That's okay. What'll let me be real clear.
Speaker 1: Okay, you said that we're non physical beings. All I want to know is why? Why?
Speaker 2: Why should I believe that we're non physical beings?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 9: A strong point is quantum tunneling.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, so so what a please?
Speaker 1: I need more than just a few words, man, I need some elaboration here.
Speaker 2: What do you mean? What about quantum tunneling?
Speaker 4: You've read about it?
Speaker 1: I have?
Speaker 2: Have you read about quantum tunneling before? Pay?
Speaker 4: Not very much?
Speaker 1: Oh, Georgie? Did you did you just say you haven't read about quantum tunneling?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 1: Well, then why are you bringing it up?
Speaker 4: How does he? Yeah? I've seen videos on YouTube? Okay, we have YouTube university here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So have your parents, Has anyone in your life ever told you shouldn't believe everything you see on the internet? Yes, uh yeah, I think this is one of those cases, right, Like, how do we child there's a good case study? How do we know that the things we see on the internet are true or not right? What can we do to figure out what's true and what's not true?
Speaker 4: We have to have a method to do that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I agree, I agree. So let's talk about non physical beings. How do we evaluate this idea that people are non physical beings? What do we need to do to prove or debunk that?
Speaker 9: Well, I would say that people in the past have been talking about like the bag of a Gita gap they had a punch, and I do think that they have been visited by extraterrestials in the past.
Speaker 1: Okay, but what about us right now? How do we figure out in today's world whether these things are true or not?
Speaker 9: Well, first off, all we have access to is awareness. We don't have any access to a reality like you.
Speaker 2: Know, Okay, I'm not sure.
Speaker 1: Maybe there's I you know I from what I sounding, and I might be wrong, but I'm assuming English is not your first language. So there might be a bit of a uh a translation thing that's going on here, because we're kind of losing we're losing a sense of.
Speaker 2: Direction on our conversation here.
Speaker 1: And I don't want to cut this one short because I think that this is an interesting topic, but I really want to go somewhere instead of just running in circles here. So I mean, I don't know, George, what do you want to talk about right now with us today that that we can actually talk about?
Speaker 9: Well, I would like to say that we're in a physical reality only for fun, only for adventure, for adventure.
Speaker 2: For adventure.
Speaker 1: Why why to say that?
Speaker 9: I say that, because like, we have a reality like this and we deal with it, and incarnating in physical reality is one way to deal with eternity.
Speaker 2: I got dot that.
Speaker 1: I gotta be easy. You got anything for that?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I got nothing.
Speaker 5: I'm just as lost as I was with the other guy, the last caller as well.
Speaker 1: All right, well, Georgie, listen, I think your topics are interesting. What I would what I would ask is that you sort of just figure out how you want to evaluate these ideas with us a bit more right. What we're interested in, what this show is about is we want to know what people believe and why. So I'm gonna let you go right now. But next time, that's just got to say. I don't want you to call again. I do want you to call again, but I want you to think about the why, right. I want to get into the why with you next time. That way we can really talk about stuff, Okay, But for now, I am going to let you go. Thank you so much for calling in, and I hope you do get to call in again because Bulgaria. You know, that's probably it's probably a pretty crazy time for you right now. I don't know what time of the day it is, but you know, something something, something that's off of that conversation.
Speaker 2: I don't know, weird vibes going on with that. That's two in a row with weird vibes.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think it is like I think you hit the nail on the head, like you asked him him in the previous caller as well.
Speaker 4: He was from Puerto Rico, I think. Yeah.
Speaker 5: So, I think yet with English not being their native language, so they're having trouble communicating what they're really trying to say.
Speaker 2: I'm speculating that that's probably a factor.
Speaker 1: Right, So I'm not trying to denigrate anybody or you know, I just trying to have a conversation. We're having a little bit of problems with that today, but that's okay. We got out of the college, so let's move on. Now we're gonna talk to George. Okay, George is going in from Florida. Wants to talk to us about why we as hosts don't believe George are alive on truth wanted thanks for waiting, and what's going on.
Speaker 6: They're having a lot of trouble.
Speaker 10: They don't know how to communicate it at all, do they.
Speaker 1: I tried my best, you know, I try my best. You did a great job. Thank you, Thank you. All right, talk to don't give us any trouble today now, George. Okay, let's let's let's ask.
Speaker 7: Some good You know, you said he didn't be English.
Speaker 6: You, oh, well, he didn't understand English. That well, you gave him a large handicap in that area. He spoke English. See exactly what you were saying. He said things that didn't make sense.
Speaker 4: Let's be seriously.
Speaker 1: I can only I have to get the benefit of doubt to every one of my callers, because I don't know them.
Speaker 2: All I know is a voice on the other end.
Speaker 1: Right. So but anyway, George, let's talk about you. What do you want to talk to us about today?
Speaker 10: Well, I can tell you this just a start off to that.
Speaker 6: I mean, you don't know anything about your college. I started to be a priest. I have my EPA license in H G, E.
Speaker 1: C R.
Speaker 6: I'm a very intelligent person, bro, you can you can feel free to respect me.
Speaker 10: And my intelligence.
Speaker 6: You don't have to think that.
Speaker 1: Didn't George eating the language? Okay, So the cool thing about a Collin show is that you don't need a degree. You don't need a certificate. You would need anything to call in here, right, So I appreciate the fact that you have some studies.
Speaker 2: That's great. Doesn't matter to me. Man, you could be.
Speaker 1: Working at the gas station down the street, or you could be working at Harvard.
Speaker 2: I'll probably still talk to you on this show.
Speaker 1: That's the beauty of it. So, you know, just tell me, tell me what you want to talk about. Let's go down there.
Speaker 6: They very well may know.
Speaker 4: How to communicate better.
Speaker 1: I'm not sure.
Speaker 6: And I put that, I mean, do you just like.
Speaker 7: I just want to ask you this.
Speaker 6: Right after bat because I'm not really I'm not really in tune with you yet. You know, I just didn't listen to that. I don't know what that was, but yeah, sure, do you do you dislike people that believe in God? Like, do you like look down on them like they're stupid? I'm curious, like.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, not at all.
Speaker 4: No, thank you.
Speaker 6: I mean, you know, because I don't do the same thing to people that don't believe in God. This dude is worrying about quantum tunneling. I don't even know what the hell he's talking about.
Speaker 1: I don't know what he's talking about either, But you know, George, be easy. You might have missed the first half of the show, but be easy. He was talking about his experience and he used to be a Christian and I also used to be a Christian. So anybody, lots of people, both dom and smart, believe in God. There's no there's no like well not being a Christian? Brother, what made me stop being a Christian?
Speaker 6: Yeah, because I have a few things that have made me stop being a Christian.
Speaker 1: I just wanted to hear you. So you're also you're also not a Christian?
Speaker 6: Then no, I don't consider myself a Christian anymore because they won't baptize animals.
Speaker 2: That's the reason why.
Speaker 6: I mean, we can only start there. I mean, I have Buddhist principles and stuff like that. I mean, I think that the fact that you won't baptize an animal is saying, well, all my animals are going to help.
Speaker 1: I'll be honestly, that's not the first thing I think of as the why I'm not a Christian.
Speaker 6: That is one of the first things I thought of as of late.
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, Well, to answer your question, I'm not a Christian for a number of reasons. But you know, Christianity makes and I want to I'll give my case and I want to be easy to make his case afterwards.
Speaker 2: So I'm not talking this whole time. Okay. So, so the reason why I'm not a Christian is because when you.
Speaker 1: Talk about the Christianity makes different claims across it's a big religion, a lot of hats. Okay, so it makes I can't address every single Christian claim, but I would say the majority of Christian claims throughout the history of Christianity have either turned out to be unfalsifiable or simply just flat out false, right, just not true.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 1: So one of them, for example, is the existence of a God. I have yet to figure out whether a God exists or not. I don't think there's good evidence that God is. Let me finish real quick, George, please, let's stop with the crossbalk.
Speaker 2: I gotta get my point out and then I'll let you talk a problem. Okay, So that's one of them.
Speaker 1: I don't think God exists Jesus being God, you know, I I am ambivalent on whether Jesus exists or not. But even if he did, I think at best he was a cult leader, I really do. I don't think he was much more than that. I think he convinced a bunch of people he was God and that was it. So, you know, that's pretty central to Christianity. That kind of disqualifies me from being a Christian in any meaningful sense of the word. And that that's why I'm not a Christian.
Speaker 4: Be easy.
Speaker 2: Why why would you say you're not a Christian in a few words?
Speaker 4: Oh, I'm glad you take that.
Speaker 5: A few words on, I gave a qualifier, right, yeah, you gotta, yeah, you gotta you know, yeah, just just just in a few words and a lot of it relates to.
Speaker 1: You, George, George, you gotta George, you gotta let us talk.
Speaker 2: Man, We'll get to you. Please just chill out.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, it's okay.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah.
Speaker 5: So I'm pretty much, to make a long story shot out, I'm not a Christian mainly, like the the the central character in the Bible, God is the most what human would consider evil entity character in the entire book.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 5: So when Christians say that, you know, like from all Christians.
Speaker 4: I hear that God is all good and.
Speaker 5: You know God, you know, he's loving, well, a loving God, and an all good God wouldn't allow.
Speaker 4: Babies to get essayed.
Speaker 5: The loving and all good God wouldn't allow innocent people uh to to be harmed and unalived from natural disasters and things of that nature. People get tortured and slave God. Yeah, and so on and so on, you know. And so, like I said at the beginning of the show, there's no existence. There's no evidence for the existence of a God, not even just the Christian God, all of the other gods. And so if it doesn't have evidence to validate his existence, to me, it doesn't exist.
Speaker 4: What are the other gods?
Speaker 5: Well, there's there's there's time I checked, there was over like forty five hundred different.
Speaker 4: In the world. Oh the vikings.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you have Odin and Thor, and those two gods are older than.
Speaker 4: The Christian God.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so who those all kinds of God believes?
Speaker 5: Yeah, there's a lot of gods you have margins, Yeah, Brahma, this new right?
Speaker 4: You know, I could go on and on it.
Speaker 1: Well, he's pointing that out because you know, we often talk about the existence of God within Christianity, but really that's not a fair debate because that's only one kind of God claim.
Speaker 2: There's a different kinds of God claims.
Speaker 1: So be easy. It's just pointing out he doesn't find any God claim convincing Christianity. You're not right. Why do you not believe in God?
Speaker 6: I'm just curious, man, we literally just did this.
Speaker 2: I don't know what's are I mean going on?
Speaker 1: Come on, what did we just spend the last five minutes doing?
Speaker 2: George?
Speaker 4: We can't blame the lame burier this time.
Speaker 6: I'm listening to you.
Speaker 2: There, we just said why we don't believe in God?
Speaker 1: Why don't you? I mean listen, why don't you believe in God?
Speaker 6: Is the same conversation why I do believe in God. It's the same long conversation. We could go on about all the typicalts and everything like that, Like we have her opinions, don't. We have to respect each other though, right, Like we respect each other.
Speaker 1: To a point, to a point, you know, but we're.
Speaker 7: Like, I know, I know, you push my button.
Speaker 6: It's like it's like, oh, like this guy is sitting there, you know, this last guy he didn't really know how.
Speaker 1: To ru We need to stop talking about the last caller and let's talk about you for a second month. Rand Like we're trying to tell you why we don't believe in God. And I'm not even sure if you care, because I'm not sure if you're listening.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And I'm like.
Speaker 6: I do, I do, I don't care.
Speaker 4: I don't care.
Speaker 2: You're right, He's absolutely right.
Speaker 7: I do not care, because well, if.
Speaker 2: You don't care, why ask why would you?
Speaker 1: Why would you spend your precious time on this earth calling us up and asking us?
Speaker 6: Because there's nothing that I love more in this world than to cast the people that have opposite opinions from me.
Speaker 2: Okay, like it is, it's magnificence, that's great.
Speaker 1: In order to do that effectively, I would argue, George that you need to listen to what they're saying, and you do genuinely need to care.
Speaker 2: Right because one, if you don't, it's just rude.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: So I don't want to talk to somebody that doesn't know, well, you.
Speaker 6: Don't care what these people are saying, Like George, first of all.
Speaker 1: You don't know me. First of all, George, I'm.
Speaker 2: Gonna mute you because you have some issues here.
Speaker 1: George, you do not know me.
Speaker 2: One and two, I absolutely.
Speaker 1: Care about the people that call in and talk to me on this show. I've been doing this for a long time. I know this is your first time doing this, but I do. I genuinely do. If I didn't have an interest in it, I wouldn't be wasting my time doing this. Man.
Speaker 2: I enjoy it.
Speaker 1: So instead of throwing out judgments on people but whether or not what they're doing, let's just let's just focus on the here and now. Okay, anyway, was there anything you want to add to that, Beasy before I hit unmute here?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 5: Yeah, And like I just wanted to give him another small reason as to why I don't believe in God. And specifically the God that George believes in, the Christian God.
Speaker 1: You know, well, he said he doesn't believe in Christianity, but he might believe in God.
Speaker 2: He was a little confusing on that.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 5: Okay, well that's well then, yeah, that's okay.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I agree though it's confusing. It's not entirely clear. But anyway, I'm gonna hit on mute. Let's see what George has to say. Okay, Georgia unmuted, now there, go ahead.
Speaker 6: I'm not sure why you did that, but but you know, I I really understand your first ration because I was listening to the last chorer like you, you were allowing to the fact that we were even though you thought there was a language barrier, there wasn't a language Like he was absolutely saying what he was saying. He may not have been like, you know, very specific and you know the way you want it, but I mean like he was saying what he was saying, and you heard him, and I respect you for that, you know what I mean, Because he was trying to say like the world is no proof, and it's like, yeah, there's absolutely no proof. That's what everything teaches and the Christian religion.
Speaker 4: Is it.
Speaker 6: You just have to have faith, you have to just believe, you have to just but have like all of you, like, have you not always had some kind of thing going on where you felt some kind of guidance or whatever. And whether that's yourself or whether it's God, I mean, that's that's really up to interpretation.
Speaker 4: You're absolutely right.
Speaker 2: Well, I'll be quick with my answer and be easy.
Speaker 1: Walls to be quick, so because we gotta we got to wrap up this conversation pretty soon.
Speaker 2: We've got other don't want to talk to us. But yes, I did.
Speaker 1: I did have a sense of self that I thought was God talking to me. Turns out it's just me, baby, it's all me, it's my conscience, it's it's you, it's you. Know that. I don't need to describe that to a supernatural force. And I'm assuming be easy probably would say something similar to that. Right, if you agree, there's nothing I agree the same thing.
Speaker 4: I think it is you.
Speaker 1: It is absolutely you and versus to bring Yeah, okay, yeah, so there you go, And where are we?
Speaker 2: You know, what do we disagree on?
Speaker 6: There's nothing to disagree on, absolutely, like even like not many people have read like I told you, I started to be a priest, and even in the Bible it says that you don't. You're not supposed to believe in heaven.
Speaker 1: You're suole to think about it God and all this. You live your.
Speaker 6: Life as a good person, as a person that you are.
Speaker 4: You don't you don't need all.
Speaker 1: That you do. I don't think you studied hard enough to be a priest. I'm sorry, because the Bible definitely does not say.
Speaker 6: It absolutely tells you that you do not need anyone to tell you what you believe.
Speaker 4: You believe it or you don't, and.
Speaker 9: It's on you, like would you do?
Speaker 6: Do you think that you're a good person that.
Speaker 2: All things considered? I think I do? Okay, you do?
Speaker 4: Okay exactly?
Speaker 6: You know what I mean? Like, that is.
Speaker 1: Not what Jesus said, though that's totally clear that that's my belief.
Speaker 2: That is not what the Bible says.
Speaker 1: The Bible says Jesus is the way, the truth and the life, and it is his way or the highway. Man like that is you know, there's no compromises there.
Speaker 7: Have you tried a bevort?
Speaker 6: Have you tried not? I'm not gonna I'm not going to use Dirney words or but you know, have you ever tried like not, you know, conicated?
Speaker 1: I don't know what word I want to use to say sex. You can say sex, you can say I have sex.
Speaker 2: I'm the wrong.
Speaker 6: Okay, so tex is wrong in the Bible right unless you're trying to have a kid. But have you ever tried doing that for a while?
Speaker 8: Like pretty awful.
Speaker 6: Or not?
Speaker 1: I don't know where thatsation is going. I'm sorry we got to wrap things up because I got other callers that want to talk to us, and I feel we're not getting anywhere. Was there anything else you want to say before we let you go?
Speaker 6: I think that the reason that you may be like not believing in God, which is I've had a lot of times like that. I think maybe the reason is that you know, you might be angry about certain things, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Like, I think the reason you think that is because you're judgmental of people.
Speaker 4: I'm not saying that, you see.
Speaker 2: To show it continued to happen.
Speaker 1: I'm not judging people, man, because you don't know me. You don't know anything about me. You called it, you called into my stream just to tell me that I'm just angry.
Speaker 2: Why because that's your personal opinion?
Speaker 1: Also judging my other callers describing their motivations of what they're doing. Know, I'm gonna say fuck you to that actually and goodbye because I don't need that energy in my life.
Speaker 2: What the hell is going on today?
Speaker 4: Be George had won too many?
Speaker 6: Man?
Speaker 1: Like? Did you due to my colors?
Speaker 4: Was he trying to ask us? Have we ever tried having six?
Speaker 1: Or something like?
Speaker 4: Oh man?
Speaker 1: What was going on?
Speaker 6: Man?
Speaker 1: What is happening? Why can't I have a normal calling show? Bro?
Speaker 2: This is really bad? I don't know what George was on about.
Speaker 1: First of all, he spent half the time talking about people that weren't him, okay, and uh, describing motivations which I don't like. And that's his takeaway is, well, I just think you're angry. Yeah, now I'm angry letting.
Speaker 4: Me off, dude, Why would you think we're angry? The whole show, We've just been smiling and laughed.
Speaker 1: Man, Like we explained why we don't believe in God. None of that it was emotions.
Speaker 5: At all, right, Literally right after both of us explained literally, well why don't you believe.
Speaker 2: In Oh my god?
Speaker 1: This show is crazy. All right, we need to move on. Let's get Let's please callers, step callers. I'm gonna ask you today, step your game up, Please step your game up. Come on, this is not We can't be doing this anyway. All right, we have some more I think, Oh, okay, let's talk to some more people. I want to talk to Mary or Marie. Please correct me if I'm wrong. I'm calling in from Texas, Mary slash Marie. He wants to talk to us about the Shroud of Turin. You're live on truth Wanted.
Speaker 2: What's up?
Speaker 8: Hi, I'm calling about the Shroud of Turan and your take on it. Yeah, I understand.
Speaker 2: Uh yeah, that's really easy for me. I think it's a forgery.
Speaker 1: I think that they have, you know, the few times that it has been admitted for you know, scientific testing, had they you know, they did at least one study right where they actually submitted a portion to like three different institutes. Right, the kind of test the dating on that, and the dating goes back to like the medieval times, right, it doesn't go back all the way. So it doesn't seem to me that we have enough evidence to believe that it's anything holy at all. Much less the you know, face of Jesus on there. So yeah, that's my take.
Speaker 8: What what what about how they can't replicate it in today's modern technology?
Speaker 1: So that is interesting, right, and and you're absolutely right. So so so we don't know the means of which it was created, and I think that that's fascinating.
Speaker 2: Well, at least we don't. We don't have a definitive idea, right, it's it is debated.
Speaker 1: So I'll give you that that that is very mysterious, But I don't think it's that.
Speaker 2: Means it's divine, right.
Speaker 1: I think just because we don't know something, we don't fill in that evidence. We don't we don't fill in that gap with God. We call that the God of the gaps fallacy, right, Anything that we don't can't explain we attribute to God.
Speaker 2: That's not really how I operate. I think I think we can just say we don't know and leave it at that.
Speaker 8: But you know that piece of the cloth from the Medieagle, it's when they had the fire.
Speaker 2: The fire, that's what they say.
Speaker 1: Yes, that that is what's claimed, but we don't know that for sure either, right, And and if that's the case, I wish we could do some more testing, but you know, I don't get to control who gets the test on the shroud of turd or not.
Speaker 8: Right, I understand your stance of being. I want to understand it more.
Speaker 5: Actually has the actually has been replicated several times?
Speaker 1: Well, I want to get married credit because we don't have like, there's no unified consensus on how it was done. Right, So there's there's ideas, but there's nothing that says, hey, we'd absolutely know for sure.
Speaker 2: And that's my understanding of it. Maybe maybe you have a different dake.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: But that's the light.
Speaker 8: The light, I mean, it's just it's like nassa. I mean, it's they can't even explain it. The force of the light through that cloth that made that image.
Speaker 2: They can't.
Speaker 8: They can't replicate it.
Speaker 1: But my question is, yeah, go ahead and ask your question.
Speaker 8: Yeah, the radiation the light that portrayed.
Speaker 1: That image on that cloth, I don't understand.
Speaker 8: It can't be explained. Okay, let me let me ask you this. As far as miracles happened, you know, or exorcists happened in Jesus' name, how do you how do you explain that to be like miracles of diagnosis like someone say, had like an ill illness like cancer, and the report was on this page. And then they went back after praying like hands on healing, and they went back and they got a whole different diagnosis. How do you how do you explain uh, things like this?
Speaker 2: Well, first of all, thank you for your question.
Speaker 1: That is a great question, Mary, You've asked the best question so far on this show today where four callers thank you. Thank you.
Speaker 2: So I'll get my take on it that you know be easy and give is.
Speaker 1: But so it's interesting you bring up cancer, right, because cancer is one of those things where we have what's called spontaneous remission occurs, right, And spontaneous remission can occur whether you're an atheist, whether you're a Christian, or whether you're Hindu.
Speaker 2: These things happen with cancer.
Speaker 1: In fact, it's it's it's a known enough phenomenon that I'm.
Speaker 2: Able to talk about it with you.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 2: We don't see these with other kinds of diseases.
Speaker 1: For example, we don't see remissions from rabies, right, we don't see remissions from other stuff that leads to death. And so the fact that we can actually study this and know this as a pattern kind of demonstrates that there has that there's likely likely a mechanical biological phenomenon that's occurring here and not a supernatural one.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 1: It would be more impressive if people made supernatural claims. For example, I got my arm chopped off in the war, and then I asked God and he gave me a new one. That would be crazy. There's no biological mechanism for humans.
Speaker 2: To be able to do that.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 1: But we don't see those kinds of miracle claims because they just don't happen. Right. We've seen more of these kinds of miracle claims for diseases that do show rates of remission on some level. Right, that's typically what happens when it comes to health related miracles.
Speaker 8: Okay, you touched on that. What about exercisms when they feel like a person has possessed and they speak other languages.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so you know, techology, they've done that.
Speaker 2: They've done that. They've studied people who've done exorcisms.
Speaker 1: Mary, I don't know if you know that, but they've they've done it, and they've shown that the people that these languages they're talking about are totally made up and are not the languages. They think that they're saying they've they've they've gotten people who speak those languages, and you say they're saying gobbly goook, they're not really saying anything.
Speaker 4: Mumbo jumbo.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 8: And if you were ever pressed it, you know, hypothetically someone that you love in your life and they were on death store, which you ever call out?
Speaker 1: Would you ever.
Speaker 8: Find yourself calling out to God? If there's a God, you know, show yourself and heal feel this person that I love so much? Would you ever see yourself doing something like this?
Speaker 2: I think in a moment of desperation.
Speaker 1: I understand why people do that, because people wanted to take every option they can. The same reason why if you have cancer and you and you go to some wu wu clinic that may have you know, some crazy, you know cure for your cancer. You want to take that chance because you want to do everything you can. I understand why people do that, But I don't do that. And the reason why is because I think if I did feel that way, that's going to be a result of fear more than sincere belief.
Speaker 2: That's going to be a result of.
Speaker 1: Me trying to do everything I can, rather than you know, say, oh, this is all real actually, and I was. I was totally wrong, right, yeah, because look, why why why would I not want to have a relationship with God? Why are we living in healthy and fine? Why would have Why does it have to be at the end of my life when I make that change, you know?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: And if and if I was, if I was God, I wouldn't even want a relationship with that person if they just cry out to me when they're about to when they're about to transition.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, no, yeah, you know.
Speaker 5: And it just seems to me like the Bible and John, I think it's John fourteen, verse thirteen. Yeah, John fourteen, Chapter fourteen, verses thirteen and fourteen, and the text says this these this is Jesus talking. You ask anything in my name, and I will do it so that the Father can be glorified, you know. And there's you know, millions of people in the past and in the present who asks things to be healed in things of that nature in the name of Jesus, and it doesn't happen. It's just crickets. So things like that shows me that, hey, this is not real.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I think we came about though, how you know, that you know, our features people another Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, evolution, she said, our features.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, evolution. Every everything, everything in the.
Speaker 5: World adapts to the to the environment that it's around for survival. Just everything tries to survive. And you know, and over time, you know, the body naturally, you know, due to those adaptions, adaptations that we're making to survive. Over time, the body naturally forms those adaptations while it's in.
Speaker 4: The womb, you know, And that's evolution, you know. And it doesn't happen overnight.
Speaker 5: You know that evolution is a process that takes thousands and millions of years.
Speaker 4: To accumulate to do.
Speaker 5: So that's how that's how our features come about today.
Speaker 8: Yeah, do you have an a who created the evolution?
Speaker 1: No, it doesn't need to be agreed created evolution.
Speaker 2: I don't think it needs to be great.
Speaker 1: I think it's just a result of nature and what happens, right, Yeah. Yeah, Ultimately it comes down to chemical processes, right.
Speaker 5: And everything works together to uh, you know, to do what it needs to do so that the hosts, which is us, can survive.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Bree, you good.
Speaker 8: I appreciate Yeah, you Jake, I really wanted to listen to you.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 1: So much. Absolutely, do you have any other questions. You've asked some questions so far. We're happy to help.
Speaker 8: Thank you so much. Uh can you say hi to Joe Rogan?
Speaker 1: You talk to him Joe Rogan? Okay, if I did the talk Joe Rogan on truth on it, I will let you know.
Speaker 2: Okay, don't make that happen.
Speaker 1: Sound good, Okay, thank you? All right, I have a nice one, Marie, have a nice one.
Speaker 4: Excuse nice. I like it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm you know, obviously we have a difference of ideas of what's true what's not true. But hey, she asked our questions, she got our take, and she said thank you. That's the way I do it. Hey, everybody, Okay, I wish I.
Speaker 2: Could talk to her more.
Speaker 1: I almost I almost want to keep talking to her, but I'm trying to keep it about ten minutes a call, and we have like a bunch of people that want to talk to.
Speaker 4: You know what.
Speaker 5: I think she I think she got disappointed because I think maybe she was thinking that if she called in, she was going to be able to speak with Joe Rogan.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they realized, all right, I'm sorry, sorry, I don't know him like that, not everybody in Austin knows each other.
Speaker 2: It's it's a shame.
Speaker 1: But no, I wish what I wish I could talk to her is I want to know why she believed in God. Clearly she had some ideas and she thought some of this is true. And you know, all we can do though, right is maybe playing some seats and see, hey, consider this and if we're wrong, we're wrong, but you know, maybe go back at the time show why we're wrong.
Speaker 2: I would love that.
Speaker 1: I will see that happen.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Uh, we are having an excellent show today, guys. I want to try to get to as many callers as I can. We'll see how many I can do. So stick around if you can, and if not, we do have atheists experience happening afterwards. And we still have about fifteen minutes left of the show right now, so just again stick around. If we don't get to talk to you today, then athest experienced folks can talk to you. Let's talk to Jake who wants to talk to us next. Jake from I think it's mass Jake from Massachusetts actually is so, Jake from Massachusetts, you are alive? Untruth wanted what's up?
Speaker 10: He actually Maryland.
Speaker 4: That's okay.
Speaker 2: Oh it's Maryland. Okay, see it's the May.
Speaker 1: I don't know all my stake codes. You think after doing this for as long as I have, I would know them. But yeah, okay Maryland, thank you for correcting. You appreciate it.
Speaker 10: Yes, that's perfectly fun. So my questions from uh the Comcast saw which is is God he worship the evil God?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 10: Question or my topic is more so I'm not a Christian, let me clarify that, but I do believe in God. I believe some type of gods. I don't know what type of God, Okay, I do you believe the type of God exists?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 10: So as an atheist, I assume that your belief is that there is no God. That yeah, that's.
Speaker 2: Fair to say.
Speaker 1: It's it's hard because again, I don't know every god claim that exists.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 1: So that's why I actually prefer the term egtheist because I'm kind of ignorant on because some people say, like God is nature. If God's nature, well then I believe nature exists, right, But if we're talking about traditional Christian claims in particular, then yeah, I don't I don't find any of those to be true. By the way, it does say m D in my call Q. It's at m A on your state code. So I was right, Okay, it was Massachusetts. Cruise thrown me off. Okay, so I just need to put that on the record that that's what happened. But anyway, sorry, Jake, that's that's my answer to that.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 10: So yeah, I mean somebody who's not necessarily a Christian. I did quote in Christianity, and it is the basis of like most of the things I know, and going in a venture and learn about other things. At the end of the day, the reality is I did grow up and was raised a Christians, but I'm not necessarily I think I should be fair to say I'm I said I was a theist, but it's more correct. So I'm an agnostic thest So I'm my basis is just more so that do you think it's more logical to basically assume that everything happened by chance or that there's some type of force that you know caused them effect kind of thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, if there is a force, I would want to know why that force wants children dead in Palestin, right, Like if there is a force that's controlling things. I have a lot of questions as to why stuff's happening the way it is, But no, I think when you look at that, and that's one example, right, this is the problem of evil that be Easy alluded to earlier. But if we're considering things from a moral standpoint, it makes more sense that the world is a bit more random in its organization rather than one supreme divine leader sort of making things happen. From a scientific point of view, it makes more sense that there are processes, that there's mechanics, that there's observable, repeatable phenomenon that's occurring, rather than one off, supernatural you know, things that are going on. So from a lot of ways, a god, a world without God sort of makes more sense to me than a god.
Speaker 2: Does that make sense?
Speaker 4: Absolutely?
Speaker 10: Absolutely? I think I think I could agree with that, even though I would still say there's a guy. And the reason I would also connects to your claim of more. I'm not really too keen on saying God is good.
Speaker 7: You know what I mean.
Speaker 10: I'm perfectly willing to accept that somebody says God is equal just because I mean, and even when you want to be be easier for forgive me if that's not your name. But I think, okay, yeah, I think you even mentioned something about old and the thor and all the you know, the older guys. You know, those people that believed in those guys weren't necessarily you know, they may have felt like, uh, that God is with him or that God is with him, but there's a lot of evidence to show that they didn't necessarily believe in a in all good gods like there was for them, it was clear, like I mean, I mean not say clear, but for them it was it was like something that, hey, we have some good guys and there's some guys who really don't give a fuck about it, excuse my life. Yeah, and I think back to what you said about randomness. I do agree that there's a lot of randomness and chaos in the world. But I'm a purpose by saying, I'm a trainer, so I do do the markets, and I think the world called actually resembles it the markets a lot in terms of that random chaos and uh and the markets that kind of helps me come to terms with what I believe to. But it's more organized chaos. It's more like there are outside forces or imaginary forces that are playing a part in the random chaosness that does lead to repeated things happening over and over again, and even the process of revolution. To say, I'm I heard the other lady bring that up. I'm and I'm not a scientist by any means, but I'm more on the terms that we kind of sorry, but there's a basis of math if it was discovered or event, and you can kind of use that for science too. More on the basis that we discovered science math versus that we invented. I think we, you know, are whatever forced gal us. Our ability to reason and think allowed us to come up in terms and explain things that we did not necessarily understand. But I still do believe underneath of that, just because in everything in life, I mean, cause and effect is real like nothing just you can't really find out and correct me if I'm wrong, But you can't really find any example of something happening without there being some like a cause behind it.
Speaker 5: Oh okay, so you can't find things happening without there being a cause behind it, you know. But you know, even if things, even if there's a cause and effect of things and stuff. Though though those causes are you know, still random acts of nature.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 5: So for example, you know, like early on, you know, uh science, science has you know figured that early on, for example, in the early formation of the Earth. You know, when the planet called Thea crashed into Earth, which is now our moon, you know, and the debris from that, you know, the gravitational pool from the Sun caused the debris from that to form together, and that is what caused the Earth to cool down from a you know, from a state of just lava everywhere, and that's what formed the oceans and that's that's and it caused the Earth's orbit to uh to to to slow down, and that's what formed our seasons and things of this nature.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 5: So so that is in some you know, cause of a divine being that did that.
Speaker 4: You know, that's a random act of nature, you know.
Speaker 5: And you alluded to, you know, the the way that we think in our logic and things of that nature.
Speaker 4: Being you know, the cause of you know, some god.
Speaker 5: You're alluding you were alluding to if the way that we think now, if we were always able to think this way that we uh that we can now, then to me that that would have been some compelling evidence. But because we weren't you know, back in you know, prehistoric days or ancient days or whatever you.
Speaker 4: Want to call it.
Speaker 5: You know, we we we weren't able to communicate like this. We weren't able to say words, you know, we weren't able to think this way, you know. So just you know, things like that shows me a gradual process of adaptation and you know, evolution from that, and those are just natural causes to me. So things like that don't point to a god. Yep, if that makes sense.
Speaker 10: But yeah, Jacob, I think I do think that's really fit to start off.
Speaker 1: I think that's a.
Speaker 10: Really fair point. I guess I would rebuttal in saying that. Okay, so take take what you said for great. It all started with the Big Bang. If you do research on the Big Bang, you basically like you basically and I mean this, this is something that even scientists can't really argue. If you go all the way back to the Big Bang. The idea is that the Big Bang essentially was just like everything came from a from nothing, a black hole or mm hmm.
Speaker 4: That's that's that's not what the Big Bang states.
Speaker 5: No, uh the uh, Well, first off, scientifically there there can never be nothing there there you know, there's always something, you know, And the Big Bang states that the the universe just expanded from a certain state.
Speaker 4: So the state of the universes that.
Speaker 5: The state and then it expanded, you know. So the Big Bang does not state it's not a creation theory. It just it stays the university.
Speaker 10: From yes, and you you reminded me perfectly. You're absolutely right. It started from a dense hot point. That's the But you're absolutely right. But my argument is that that is not necessarily like there was something before that. And the reality is, this is why I said I'm agnostic, is that even scientists, nobody actually knows what was before this dense hot point or how this dense hot point even came about.
Speaker 1: Sure, but if we don't know, why say there's a god? Why not say I'm agnostic? And and I don't know?
Speaker 10: And that's why I should have clarified with the person that I talked to before that it's better accurately for me to say I'm an agnostic. I'm not really trying to debate necessarily.
Speaker 4: That there is a god.
Speaker 10: There's much more as what you just said that in reality, we don't know it maybe or it may not. I choose to live personally that there is because it just logically it suits me better. But I'm perfectly fine with somebody saying that they don't know and that they choose to live as a God. I think that's the perfect like leading ground for all of us. But it's like my question would be, what is that I would end with? Is that something you could agree with or which you stand firm or that there's just no God.
Speaker 1: Here's why I would say, I can't agree with it, because first I agree with you to a point. I respect it, admire of the fact that you're willing to say I don't know. Most people who believe in God don't say that, Okay, like ninety percent of the people I talk to on here don't say that. So I respect the fact that you that you acknowledge that, hey, this is a problem. I can't prove this definitively, but I choose to believe this. I respect that honesty. Where I don't meet you at right, where you lose me is saying this is what makes sense for me logically, right. I'm paraphrasing right, but that's that's kind of what you're saying, because logic is something that ostensibly we should be able to evaluate together. There, right, there's not a logic for me and the logic for you, and then we don't, you know, we kind of do our own thing. Like you know, I don't see why we need to have God involved in the first place. If we say I'm agnostic about it, then we're agnostic about it. Some people say agnostic atheist, right, and they make that instinction because because you don't assume that there is a god, right, that's really what we're trying to say. So you're kind of taking the opposite stance where you're saying, I don't know, but I'm just going with the fact that there is a god, so there must be some other reason for that, right, That's the only way that makes sense to me. If we can talk about that reason, we could figure out whether that's a good reason or not. But it can't be like the Big Bang or something, right, because we don't know anything before the Big Bang?
Speaker 2: Right, we already we talked about that.
Speaker 1: So so what what's the reason there that you believe that a god needs to be involved at all?
Speaker 4: I think is fear and.
Speaker 10: I can't I can't get with that. I I can't understand why you would say that. And it is very respectable and there may even be a little truth to but for me. And this is why I prefaced by saying, like I was born and raised as a person that can't be underestimated because especially people have no way of knowing the dynamic that I was one to.
Speaker 1: Raise it too.
Speaker 10: But I mean, I'm essentially trained to think that there's a reason for everything.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so no matter that might be a problem, Right, that might be a problem. If you're trained to think that way, You're gonna hammer is going to see nails everywhere it hits, Right, that might be kind of a problem.
Speaker 10: Yeah, But I think science kind of like whether you believe in that or not. I think science back to that point too, like going back to cause and effect. You know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Science point is there being a God? No, science doesn't.
Speaker 10: No, no, don't don't get me wrong, don't get me wrong. Like, and that's why I want to That's why I wanted to say, like, at the end of the day, de spite me arguing. When I'm arguing and the data when I'm arguing, I'm first I understand completely that the reality is I don't know, you know what I'm saying. So don't get me wrong when when I say that, I'm not saying its science is proven that there's a guy. Oh, I'm well, the weird that that's not the case. I'm well, the weird that in reality, the evidence, if you want to even call it that, that's probably not even fair. Is very subjective or objective. I don't know what the word is. When I'm saying that science backs, science backs cause and effect, not necessarily, it's not something happened.
Speaker 4: There was a caluse.
Speaker 10: That made that happen. I think that's I mean, we could agree.
Speaker 1: With that, right, Yeah, but I know, but I was asking you, and we have to wrap things up. We literally have a minute here. I gotta I gotta probably end this call. Actually, I'm sorry. We we do have some other another show that has to be getting onto your here. It's not that I don't want to keep talking to you, but we're literally out of five here, so let me just wrap things up. Thank you for calling, Jake. I appreciate it. You would appreciate the philosophy of.
Speaker 2: Soren Kirk Reguard.
Speaker 1: If you're not familiar, I think you and your Chrisianity, or maybe it's not Christianity. Your god belief probably aligns with his god belief and maybe maybe you're familiar with his works already. But that's that's something that might be worth looking into. I am going to let you go right now. I would love to talk to you at a different time when we have more time, but until then, I am dropping your call. Thanks again for calling it, folks. We have to wrap things up here on Truth Wanted. I want to give a special thank you to be Easy for being my guest today.
Speaker 2: Be Easy, you were pretty easy.
Speaker 1: To hang out with. Thanks intended, only intended, but yeah, for sure.
Speaker 4: Oh man, thank you Dave. It's been a pleasure.
Speaker 1: I appreciate you being on here. If people want to find more of your stuff, where should they go?
Speaker 5: Yeah you can. You can find me on a t yeah, TikTok. Yeah yeah, you know if you're If you're on TikTok and you know you see my page up there on the ACAS Live, you know you can follow me on TikTok.
Speaker 4: Be Easy, be underscore, Easy thirty five. You know the same on YouTube as well.
Speaker 5: I'm about to get a lot more active on YouTube just the same amount as I am on TikTok. But yeah, I love having these discussions. Have them often, Yeah, for sure. And if you like these as guys, what you want to see more? Stick around those of you who are in the call que stick around.
Speaker 1: In about fifteen minutes, the Eightheist Experience is going to be live. Actually, I don't know who's hosting today, but I'm sure the cool hosts, I hope, but I don't regret that. Maybe they aren't cool, but they probably are, so stick around you'll be able to talk to them on our next calling show that's happening. I also need to give a special thank you too, Jamie the blind Line me for being our backup host to they. Jamie, thanks so much for hanging out in the background. You had some color commentary to say, but I couldn't hear yeah what you were saying because you were muted the whole time.
Speaker 11: But your face hilarious to watch. It was very distracting. I was that's necessarily we're out of time. I want you to commentary. The one thing I do want to say of all those callers, Marie work is the best one. Lovely lovely coler work.
Speaker 3: Or cancer charity, and I can tell you from experience there are orders of magnitude of people that succumb to the disease believing God on their side, believe that they are saved, and it's.
Speaker 2: Something they consider, something to consider for sure.
Speaker 1: So I always like to ask my guests before we leave the show if they have any words of wisdom, So be easy. Do you have any words of wisdom for us before we wrap up to this show?
Speaker 4: Oh? Where's the wisdom?
Speaker 2: Where's what's on your mind?
Speaker 4: Hey?
Speaker 5: I just you know, I just I just want everyone to hey, to be them. You know everyone, everyone is so concerned with belonging to a label. You know, well if if if you're not this, you got to be this, you know, like, no, you know, just just be you, you know, just enjoy life, enjoy this rite while you're still writing it, and.
Speaker 4: Just be you. Yeah, be you.
Speaker 2: I love that. Good advice, good words of wisdom. Thank you for that. Be easy.
Speaker 1: Thank you to everybody watching today's show. Folks, I'm objectively Dan. Remember to always keep one the truth and I'll see you next time.
Speaker 4: It'll be easy.
Speaker 2: Bees.
Speaker 4: Watch Talking Than Live Sundays at one pm Central. Visit tiny dot c c slash y t t H and call into the show at five one two nine nine nine two four two, or connect to the show online at tiny dot c d slash called t H