Speaker 1: Now one of your pudding. I got a string going on here, something just because my dog. Something killed your dog. My dog. We're flying through the air over the tree. I don't know how it did it, Okay, Damn, I'm really confused. All I saw was my dog coming over the fence and he was dead. And once you hit the ground like, I didn't see any cars. All I saw was my dog coming over the fence. Happen? What are you putting? We got some wonder or something prowling around out here? Did you see what it was? Or was it was? Standing up? I'm out here looking through the window now and I don't see anything. I don't want to go outside. Jesus quice, you better, hello, het, somebody out here?
Speaker 2: What went on out there?
Speaker 1: I thought of a bit of about sixty forty nine. I don't know you see him out there? Yeah, I'm bulking right away.
Speaker 2: Oh hey, greeting Sanks for joining me today. What I wanted to share it to you comes from We'll name him Bruce. Bruce and his brother will name him David. So Bruce and David they were at their grandfather's cabin. Now, this particular cabin is on the new sek rif back home. We'll leave it at that. This happened about twenty five years ago. Bruce and David were doing some repairs at this cabin after their uplet passed away. Over the course of this summer, the first few trips they were bringing some materials, wood materials and stuff, just fixing, patching things up. There's a hole in the roof. It was not taking care of in a while, so it was a little disheveled. Little TLC needed nothing two majors. So over the course of the summer they took a break for the salmon season. At the end of the salmon season, they wanted to hunt from that cabin like they grew up doing. So they figured, we'll go up there early prior to hunting and we'll get everything situated. So they end up bringing a new woodburning stove up. The other one just rusted down, just used up, just stuff like that, and they were using fifty five gallon drum like they would in the steam bath. So they get all this done. They were just getting settled in. It was still a week out before the hunting season started, so what they were doing is getting up real early peruising. It just going up and down the river and checking out some spots he were, and maybe they would want to pick a spot hopefully loose around that type of thing, just scout in the area basically, And this one particular morning they get up to do that, and again it was about a week out from hunting, he said. David was running the skiffs and they went up to where Jim slout, which is up above Portage on the Nushiach there. So they go up there, they do the anchor and was sitting there just relaxing really as they were discussing the years past of hunting and all that kind of stuff, they hear this what Bruce described as this wallowing who was like a moaning kind of not necessarily a scream, but like just this real loud pronounced something sorrowful, something very painful sounding like something large was in emotional pain. Freaked him out because mouse don't do that, and bear sure as hell no. So they pulled the anchor and were drifting away across the river from Jim slu there, which I've been in that area. The crazy shit happens around there. But anyway, as they were drifting, they were looking across the river because the sound sounded like it was coming from that side, and the cabin of their grandpa's is on that side of the river as well. They were like, what the hell is that. They powered up, went across, and then we're drifting down on the opposite bank and listening for this sound. At the time. Of course they've heard of the Harryman and stuff like that, these some at the Baskins, but it wasn't anything that was in their wheelhouse as far as these noises. So they pulled up to the river bank just a little bit down from Jim's sluice side. They stuck the anchor in the ground or just sitting there listening trying to figure out what it was. Bruce said he was holding his rifle. David jumped up onto the bank and was just looking around, and Bruce said, don't go too far. I don't want to have to come find you that kind of thing, And David just shined him on. Whatever. He walks off out of sight from the river bank from Bruce's perspective, and all of a sudden, he said, it wasn't even two minutes. He yelled, hey, what's going on? He heard the thrashing off in the distance. And here comes David sliding off the river bank. He fell into the water just in front of the skiff and then jumped up and pulled himself up over the bow on the line right he's pulling and getting the anchor. He was like, oh, go. So Bruce fires up to motor. He has to push off because the way the water is pushing him. He's got the outboard running, but it's not in gear. He pushed the outboard back into the muddy bank there, so he pushes off and then they get turned around. They're facing down river. Bruce gives us some gas and they get up on the step and David is down low in the skiff and he's got his gun out of his gun bag. He keeps looking back past Bruce and Bruce just everyone's well started. He's like, hey, what's going on? What's going on? David's is the goal, so he keeps going. They got a little bit of a distance before they get to the cabin we come up on. It's basically a bunch of little islands that were created by the ice when it comes and goes in the spring. They stop at the first one they come up to, which is real thick wood brush that time of year, all around it. They pull off in there because David's like, I got to use the bathroom bad. So he goes, gets up onto the bank there on this little island and walks back a little ways and Bruce here is David throwing up. He's like, hey, what's going on? And he goes, you didn't see it. He finishes what he was doing, comes back to the skiff. You didn't see it. Bruce is like, see what I heard some thrashing, But all I saw was you slide off the river bank the water, jump back into the freaking skiff loose. All happened so fast. He goes there was a harry Man back there. He was like harry Man. He goes, what was it doing? David said, I don't know, but it started coming towards me so I could freak me out and I ran. He was like, okay, we're good. He looks back up river and doesn't see anything. So they continue on their way. They go back to the cabin. All this happened before noon because they left early. They went up, they scouted around a little bit and they just happened to just drop anchor it. Jim slew there from what Bruce said, when they got back to the cabins, everything felt weird. The energy felt really weird. There was some relatives of his little further down around the bend a little ways. They had a cabin there. He heard activity, so Bruce decided, Hey, I'm going to go and say hi to the relatives. And Day was like, yeah, just don't be gone too long. So Bruce leaves in the skiff and goes down river a little ways to go visit with the relatives. There was a cousin that had showed up to get their cabin ready for moose hunting, and so he talked to him a little bit. Bruce said, as he was talking to his cousin, probably about twenty minutes half hour, so all of a sudden he hears gunshots coming back from up with their cabin. It was a holy shit. So he takes off and his cousin follows him. He jumps off, he ties off and everything. He hears yelling inside the cabin and he's like, hey, David is Bruce. I'm out here. Don't choose we're out here. He said. It was on the roof, is on the roof, and so they're looking around and they're like trying to figure out what. The cousin goes around one side and Bruce goes along the riverbank side to cut around that backside. He said, when he came around the corner, he saw something dark moving off into the brush right because the trees came almost right up to the cabin at that point. The cousin saw this thing moving off and saw it swaying an arm. It had brownish reddish brown hair. It was just moving away. He saw its arms sway. He didn't get a good look at the face, but he could see the figure of it was humanoid. Cousin comes back yelling, hey, it's here, you man. Let's get out of here. David inside, he comes out out because there's two more people now. He's yeah, let's go. Bruce is a wait a minute. You know, let's not just run off here. This is our cabin kind of thing. And David wanted no part of it. He didn't want to stay. The cousin was like, hey, I don't want that thing following me back to my cabin and start in trouble there. I'm going to leave. You guys, be careful. I would leave too if I was you guys, and he jumped in his hip and he went back to kinish doing what he was doing down river. So Bruce is telling David, hey, let's just hold our ground. Did you shoot it? And David said no, I was just shooting to try to scare it off, and goes, okay, if you didn't shoot it, so it really has no reason to be mad at us. Let's keep calm, let's not overreact because in essence, they live there, that's their place. Now, Bruce wasn't willing to just give it up like that, which should I understand, I say shoot them off. That's just my own personal views. So David calms down. They relax a little bit. They had some vodka with them, so they had some mixed drinks and whatnot, and they relaxed, and Bruce was just livening up the energy from being so dreary and David so paranoid about talking about old funny stuff they had enjoyed right there where they were, and pointing out, hey, we never had issues here. Let's not make this what it's about, because remember all the times was uppud and all this and that winter caribou hunt. They'd parked their snow machines there and it was just a base cap with tons of family memories. So they just enjoyed themselves drinking that hunter Proof Smirnoff, been there, done that. It gets on into dusk, they decide they're going to bring in some more firewood from outside because it's starting to drizzle and starting to rain. It got socked in. It was getting a little chilly, especially on the river Man it gets chilly. So they go out and they're bringing in from the little more of a lane to Arctic entry. It wasn't fully enclosed, but they were bringing in firewood from there, and they brought in good stack just so they had some extra for the next day if it was real cold. The next morning, they left the door kicked open just a little bit to let fresh air in because David and Bruce were basically chain smoking while they were drinking. They had their firearms nearby. From what Bruce was saying, it was all like the energy was much better. It wasn't as heavy. They were joking, chopping it up, having a good time, talking about the old days and relatives that had since passed, but to good times they had with them and stuff like that, and burry picking in the area and just all sorts of stuff. And they were in the midst of this conversation when all of a sudden, that door wings open hard, just damn so hard. It almost popped off with the hinges and stuff. There was no wind. They immediately jump up. They each grabbed their guns. Again, this is just getting into dark, not fully dark yet, right in the fall, So they grabbed the flashlights they had. They were modern for the time, They work decent enough, and they go out and they're looking and they're looking on the ground for tracks, and there wasn't done. They're both looking around the corner to the tree side and then around the corner to the river bank side, and they're not seeing anything. And so they walk straight away from the cabin a little ways together, turn around and face back towards the cabin to make sure it's not back up on the roof, because David had heard it on the roof earlier. That's what got him shooting. Bruce said that when they were looking back, they noticed eye shine like towards the farther the backside of the cabin from where they were standing, and they noticed the eye shine duck down once the light hit right the eye shine went away, and so they decided they're going to take that tree side walk along the cabin back towards that direction, keep an eye out on this thing or look for it, and potentially, if opportunity, maybe to shoot the damn thing. He said. As they were going along, David was about two paces behind him, just steady, keeping his rifle up and glancing back and forth. And Rius was like, hey, don't get excited and accidentally shoot me. Damn it. He's no, I'm keeping my rifle up. You keep your straight I won't let mine come down below. They're aiming at the roofline. Now, this roof isn't overly high. It's about maybe six and a half feet off the ground is the eave the drip edge, And so as they're going along, they're not that like far away from the drip edge. The drip edge is like literally above their heads, maybe off a put or two. They weren't quite far enough over to look straight up at the angle of the roof right because of the trees and everything. They didn't have that open kind of they couldn't just take another step over and easily be able to see up there. So they go along and all of a sudden they hear a noise and then they hear trees rustle crash, So they immediately their attention goes there. As Bruce is pointing his flashlight and rifles in that direction, they hear a growl that startles them both. As soon as they heard the growl, Bruce said he passed David, who was already hauling ats trying to get I don't mean to laugh. I giggled with Bruce at this point, because when he brought it up, he said that they both hit that front door at the same time and stopped each other through stooges type shit boom. They both fell down, jumped up, and then went in. But just the visual of that was just funny. But anyway, so they shut the door, they put some stuff to barricade and whatnot. At that point they got out the Coleman lanyards. Right up until then they were using the ambient light coming in the window, which there's no curtains on the windows. There was one on the river bank side that was a good sized one that had been basically put in by hand. It was an old from the old school, one of the old schools that used to be in downtown telling him that was transformed or changed into the basically City Hall now. But back in the day that window came from there. Right they got the lanterns going and they're looking out that window. There was also a smaller window that was about a foot and a half square, just a smaller window. It was a single pane, and it was between where the woodstove was a short little bit of a counter. There was an old stove like propane maybe that used to be there that was no longer there, so it's like a gap in the counter and then there's a board across it just to extend the countertop. And it was just above that. There was no makeshift sink, and they would take water in buckets and do it like that as far as dishes. They're keeping an eye on that big window. They're not really thinking about this smaller one because it's right behind them. They're on that side of the cabin with a little bit of distance between them and that big window. At the time, they didn't have anything to cover it, so they basically, let's just keep an eye on it. And they got the door off to their right and then the window in front of them, and they weren't thinking about this window like less than three feet behind them, right, So as they're sitting there, they're still enjoying drinks, but not enjoying them. It's more like taking some shots to stop shaking because that growl. They both been discussing it once they went back inside and everything they felt to reverberate through their bodies. They felt their insides jiggle. It's not a good feeling.
Speaker 1: And stay tuned for more sasquat job to see what right back after the East messages.
Speaker 2: So as they're sitting there discussing, hey, what do we do if and they're getting a game plan on if this happens, we'll do this. If this happens, we'll do that. If it comes through the door at us, we'll jump out the window. They're kind of just lining up a game plan because initially they wanted to leave in the skiff, but in the dark it's so dangerous. They had lost relatives previously to such things skiffing at the wrong time. If they were weighing their options, should we just maybe drifting down the ways to their cousins cabin because his cousins should be there. So they decided, you know what, we should do that. We can just drift down. We know the channel enough to where once we see the lights on in their cabin, we could just fire up. And they know the river bank enough to know where to pull up and not bottom out or anything like that. So they decide that's what they're going to do, So they gather up the stuff they're gonna need. Bruce craps another box of AMMO, so did David. They were just getting ready to start putting out the lanterns. They had three of them going. They put out two, and they were going to keep one to use to see going back down to the river bank. Just keep one for going just because and use their flashlights. But before they went out the door, as they were standing there facing that large window, and they just put out two of the lannards, all of a sudden that window behind them shatters like startling the hell out of them. A piece of birch, it had to have been, from what Bruce said, at least fifteen feet long, comes pushing through, shatters and push it through. It just goes right between them both to where the little table they were drinking at. It was hopped up on that and then it ran outside and it was dark outside already, so they couldn't see the end of it. But they both turned around and the birches standing between them, and they're like, holy shit, because it was so fast, it was so violent, how quickly it went right between them both. So they didn't know if this thing was trying to spear one of them with it or whatever. They didn't know. And as they're looking at her, like what the hell, they went to the opposite side of the table, looking back, shining their flashlight out, and they saw a movement. Bruce took a shot out the window that's now broken. He actually hit the birch. It made an impact and kind of splintered a little bit when it busted through or whatever, and they start yelling, hey, get out of here, get out of here, and all of a sudden, that piece of birch gets yanked back out, Bruce said, very violently. He said, the last about maybe four feet of it was caught like it had been pulled out and then turned before it had enough time to clear the window, and he caught about four feet of it and it broke and then it flopped out the rest of the way. Bruce said. At that point We're getting the hell out of here. They gathered their stuff. They condensed the stuff into one bag. Bruce put that on little backpack style. It was actually a small duffel bag. He just put his arms through the loops the handles, makeshift backpack out of that. David was making sure that he had his magazine full for his rifle. David was using a two seventy and Bruce had a three hundred wind meg. They were making sure everyone was full up on ammal. Bruce replaced around. He had shot into the birch, and David just kept looking out that window and looking out that window. Bruce was like, hey, snap out of it. Let's get to the skiff. We'll drift down. David was like, I'm scared to go outside. Bruce totally understood why the growled. Then this fricking javelin basically comes crashing through and then rip back out. He said, there was noises going on outside, but they were so terrified in the moment he couldn't say exactly what they were. He said, he vaguely remembers some growling, but there's also other noises being made. Nothing recrete that he could discern. In a moment David was like, what if we fire our rifles, maybe our cousin will come up here. Bruce is like, there's two of us, there's one of him. That would be unfair to draw him up into something. Maybe he could get hurt. Let's just go to the skiff drift down. It was less than a mile down river. So after discussing in a minute, David said, okay, let me go first. You carry the lantern. I'll have my rifle with the flashlight ready and stuff, and then we'll go. So they start moving towards the door. They made sure a couple of things were tended to. They turned down the woodstove because they had to wide open because they had the door opened a little bit up until this moments before. So as they're heading to the door, all of a sudden, bam, something hits against the door. It was more than three times, but he couldn't say if it was like five because it happened in rapid succession, but it was very hard. It was like something was trying to break in the door. So they both were stuck in their tracks for a second, and then they both shot at the door at the same time. They didn't say, hey, let's shoot. It was just independently boom boom. They make some shots through the door and it's just dead quiet. Bruce said. At that point he could sense something was watching him, and so he looks over to the big window off to his left, a little bit behind him, over his shoulder. He couldn't make out anything because the lantern that they had in their hand was low. It was pretty much mirrord effect. He couldn't really see anything out of it. However, in that mirror effect, he saw across the room something was looking in the window, the small one that was broken out. Bruce said. He swung around and lifted his rifle looked when David saw a move. David was the one at that moment that had that lantern, even though Bruce was going to be carrying it or whatever. It was a bang in that caused him to grab it and hold it up. He swings around and Bruce said, he's looking at this thing looking back at him. As David's holding up the lantern out that direction, Bruce was like, it was looking right at me, so I was going to shoot it. He raised the rifle and clink kids shot all his ammo on the jumble for David to set down the lantern without kicking starting a fire or whatever, and then raise his rifle. The thing was gone. At this point, they're both freaking out and they decide okay. Bruce reloaded his rifle, David made sure his was ready to go. Bruce takes the lannarn. David is going to go first, So David goes out and Bruce is right behind him, and Bruce has the lantern in his hand, but he's also got the flashlight kind of holding both at once, so he's holding the lantern like this, keeping the brightness of the lantern out of his face while shining the flashlight. He's got his rifle slung over his shoulder. It's not a very thought out thing. While David is freely moving with his flashlight, they don't see anything. They back over to the river bank where the skiff is. So at that point when they get to the riverbank, they're still facing the cabin, the back corner of it on the riverbank side. This thing was leaning out peaky, and it was real low, almost like it had squatted down in with lenou and then it stopped doing that. Because they were both trying to figure out and get a shot on this thing. David said, the next time it leans out, I'm going to shoot the bastard. Bruce is like, I'll join you. He had set the lantern down and had his flashlight ready. They're not seeing anything now. Then all of a sudden, i believe, Bruce said, David was moving his flashlight around. They caught a gleam of eyeshine above the roofline, right on that back corner. So they both raised their flashlights up a little higher and sure enough to sing is looking over the roof and down at them. Bruce said they did not fire because of how freaking big it was. He said, when it was peeking out and leaning out, it looked smaller, but once it had stood up and they saw how fall it was back behind there, he said it was at least minimum ten feet tall. The flashlights they were using, while they weren't super modern, and they were good and they worked. When he said that it had a like a tanned leather kind of colored skin. At the distance, which was like he said, about maybe forty feet ish somewhere in there. They couldn't make out really good the features, but the eyes just black, and when the light would hit him it would glow with the red the hye shark. He said it was freaky because it was pissed, it was mad. It's facial expression, he said, was one of severe anger, really ticked off. But he said, what was weird is it showed its teeth at one point, but it looked out of place. He said, the showing of teeth was so vastly different from what you would envision. It was like massive. He said. The showing of the teeth was like it just didn't stop because of how large the mouth was. And he said after it did that and they snapped out of their like holy shit moment, they picked up the lantern. They got down, they pulled the anchor. They had some stuff that they had set up over the years to tie off to, but with the anchor line wrapped around whatever like you would a clee. Anyway, they untied that. They get in the skiff and they drift away. They killed the lantern as they were drifting away. David would turn on his flashlight every once in a while as they were drifting, shut it off, and they were hearing stuff, so they would both flash light the riverbank as they're drifting. Because they got roughly a mile. I was were moving fast enough. They weren't sitting still, but it's not like they were going down the rapids either. They kept hearing brushing stuff moving up on the river bank next to him, and so periodically David would turn on the flashlight and look, and they wouldn't see anything. They might see some movement in the brush. So they both decide, let's shoot the next time we hear that rustling to discourage this thing from following us. So the next time it did it, they both clicked on their flashlights and shot at the same time. They didn't see anything when they turned on the flashlight. It was just the brush back off the river bank, moving And they said they did that about two to three times and reloaded, made sure they were good to go. It finally went quiet and they drifted. He's guessing probably all that when they decided to fire, and everything was probably within a half mile of drifting, and then they had rough another half mile, maybe a little more before they got their family's cabin down the way. He said. Once he got quiet, they still periodically flash light up on the river bank. No movement, no nothing. And then when they come into view of the cousin's cabin. Just as it comes into view, they saw a light was on inside and then the light went off, so they're like, well, shit, that was a reference points. David had both flashlights at this point, hold them up so Bruce could see the river bank, and they got over to where they wanted to be in stuff, and David tied him off. They went and banged on the door. They heard their cousin. Their cousin had a shotgun, and they heard him the shotgun and said get out of here, real loud, and they said, hey, it's us, it's us. He goes, oh shit, sumbs and opens the door for him, and he was like, hey, that thing was down here peeking in the windows man, and just told him that basically it came down. They peeked in the windows a couple times and then left, and so he thought nothing of it, and so when they started banging, he thought it was back. They shared everything that had happened. Let's just say the cousin was not happy that they potentially brought it to him, but nine else happened. The next morning they went and extensively David and Bruce looked and searched tracks try to figure out where it was coming and going from, and it basically once the tracks they did find reached the inside the trees, that done with they couldn't track it anymore. Again, this is a little more twenty five years ago. I want to thank Bruce for sharing that. Bruce isn't his real name. I've known him shit since I was little. I appreciate him willing to share it because initially he didn't want to share it all. His brother David since passed a voting accident. Actually at night in the skiff. Initially he brought it up and shared it with me a few times, just in conversation. Nothing to ever go public with. He was watching a few of the videos. He doesn't like to follow this stuff because he doesn't like it. He would rather not hear about it. He decided to allow me to share this just so people are aware I wanted to share with you today. Comes from Craig, who was with his wife, Sheila and their two young daughters. They were out by Johnstone Bay, which is the middle ground between Prince William Sound and Gulf of Alaska. They were out on their boat recreationally. They were doing a little bit of rock fish and some other stuff like that, just family time. This was twenty twenty three. It was early August. They're out there, they're doing the fishing thing. They're near Johnstone Bay and the weather started picking up. So, according to what Craig said, Shila, his wife, was getting nervous with their daughters on board. It was rocking a little more than she had liked. So they headed inland just to wait out the storm. They were out for a few days anyway, so it was no big deal. As they're getting closer to shore, there's this little Johnstone Bay where they're pulling into and there's a river that leads back to Johnstone Lake. It's a very large lake. As they were getting closer to shore, Craig said that they saw some what they thought were people going back and forth on the beach and they were looking around for a boat and there was not right. So they were like, geez, maybe these people are trapped here, maybe they need rescuing, so let's go check on which is the Alaskan thing to do people in distress. Fellow Alaskans immediately jump in, unless they're just a pos then they need to go away. But anyway, so they're on a rescue mission. Basically in their mind's eye, they're heading towards shore. He's making sure he's not going to run aground. He's very studious when it comes to safety, So Craig said, as they were approaching, they noticed as they got closer he had an air horn, and he started airing the airhorn, getting these people's attention, letting them know, hey, we're coming. So he gave three short as he was heading in. The closer they got, Craig said, these people fled the beach and went into the up into the brush, and for the life of them, he couldn't understand it because he saw at least three right. So as they get closer and closer, he decides, okay, this is close enough. He didn't want to run aground in all that very expensive boat, so he stops. He drops anchor, He gets the dinghy down, the little nine horse or ten horse outboard whatever they had threw it on there, grabbed his firearm, grabbed first aid kit, water and some food and put it on in. Now, you got to keep in mind there's a storm moving in behind him, so they're fairly protected. The swells aren't so bad there. Sheila feels a lot more comfortable. So she's waiting on the boat with the two girls. The girls, by the way, were under ten. We'll just leave that out of it. So they both had air horns because the walkie talkies they had the batteries were dead. So what they decided to do is they worked out Okay, one blast, I'm on my way back, three blasts, emergency call for help. Whatever. They had this all pre planned out many times over. Stay tuned for more sasquatch out to sea, we'll be right back after these messages. So what ended up happening is he starts into shore. Now when he's getting closer to shore, he keeps looking back at the boat the storm coming, because he didn't want to get caught in this little dinghy, but he wanted to get to shore and see if these people needed help. From what Craig said, as he kept looking back, he started getting a real strange feeling the closer to shore he got, and he said he couldn't explain it. He said he felt like he was going to need rescuing, which seemed real weird because he's sitting there just simply going to check on some people and he's not understanding why they fled into the woods. So all the stuff is going on, and he's trying to basically figure it out on the fly, like what's causing it, what scenario has these people hiding? Are they okay? Are they safe? For all this stuff? He gets to shore as soon as he jumped out and pulled the dinghy up so the water wouldn't wash it away and stuff, and he tied it off around a medium sized boulder.
Speaker 1: He said.
Speaker 2: He grabbed his rifle and his trauma pack started hollering, Hey, come out, come out. I'm here to help. I'm here to help. And he's looking around and he comes across some of the tracks in the gravel beach, and what have you? He said. When he got up over there and started looking at the tracks, he was dump boundered at how large they were. Harry Mann sasquatch, all that was not even in his wheelhouse. Craig is a professional man and very straightforward, no time for nonsense kind of guy, very serious. So he's examining these prints and he watched these things, these people make these tracks. He watched them walking and flee off into the brush. Right, So he's looking and it's starting to dawn on him. That these tracks are huge. He sat down and his airhorn can is approximately eight inches tall, so he used the can as a marker. One of the tracks was three of the air horns, another one was three and a half, and one was two. He's this, holy crap, he realizes these are very large people. He didn't feel comfortable anymore. They were barefoot tracks. He yelled out a couple more times, just to check right, so, he said, as he basically assessed the situation and realized he's dealing with something he has no clue about. He's paying attention to these tracks. He's trying to work through the scenarios in his head or what the hell's happening with these people, he said. At that time, he heard the airhorn from his wife. So he looks back at the boat and she's just three blasts, three blasts, three blasts, so obviously she's really wanting his attention. He said that as he's trying to look back towards the boat, which is one hundred yards way at this point, he can't make out what's going on, so he decides, I'll get out of here. He walks back and he unties the dingy and he's pushing it out. He said. When he got in the dinghy and turned around back and looked, it looked like a very large brown mound down just back behind him. He said, it was probably maybe sixty feet maybe, just out of nowhere. There's this big brown mound there. He couldn't, for the life of him, figure out what he was looking at. He wasn't sure if it was something he didn't notice when he first got there, like a piece of basically erosion, a big clump of brown dirt or whatever, just washed up, because that does happen in certain places. It looks shaggy and what have you. But then he saw it move and it freaked him out because it was massive. He said. He saw it move. It just from what he could make out, was just a big brown mound at first, and it moved, and it moved back and forth a little bit. He was in shock, trying to figure out what the hell he is looking at. Craig said that in that moment he realized, whatever, this is obviously alive. It's way big. It's huge. He said. It was like a Volkswagen going back and forth. And he said the way it was going back and forth was sporadic. It jolped this way a little bit, and it joked back this way, and he couldn't make out what he was seeing. So he's steadily pushing the boat out. He's unnerved. He gets on the boat and he's turned around. He fires up the motor and he goes into small circle so he could circle around and look back because there's no reverse on the little outboard. So he does that, and as he's looking back at this brown thing, all of a sudden, this thing stands up. He said, when it stood up, it looked as wide as it was tall. He said it was humongous. He said it was over ten foot tall, very wide, very like matted like, just almost like dreadlocks looking to it, like a real dirty dog whipd to it with long hair. He was trying to figure out what the hell he was looking at. And he said when it stood up, it wasn't facing him. It was quartering away. As far as how it was positioned, it was facing away from him at a forty five degree angle. He said. He was in shock. So he kept going in the circle looking and as he's doing so, back behind this thing, he noticed movement in the brush. And now He's super curious what the hell is really happening here, because what he said he saw seemed much larger than the three what he thought were people just moments ago that caused them to come in here. He said, as he's doing this checking out this other movement, this thing let out a roar. He said it was like a mix between a lion, a bear growl, a woman being murdered. Just got awful guttural. Sounded like someone with a real bad chest cold. At the same time, it was very powerful. He felt it vibrate the boat. He was just in a little rubber dingy. So he's instantly turned around and started going back to the boat. Now, during this time, his wife is running out of her air horn. She exhausted it trying to get his attention to get him the hell back to the boat. She was freaked out. He gets back to the boat, his wife and two daughters are scared. They thought he was going to get eaten because what he didn't realize is when he was checking out the tracks and measuring them with his air horn, this thing had come down the beach behind him and was basically sniffing his tracks. His wife told him when he knelt down and was doing the measurements. So she started blaring the airhorn. It was to try to get his attention, and he would just glance back over his shoulder back at the boat, and he wasn't looking back behind him where she needed him to see what was happening. And she said, it came out standing, got down on all fours and then started going back and forth. It looked like it was sniffing for something. The only thing Craig could figure out is it was smelling his tracks, trying to figure out what he was. So as she's telling him this, he's trying to did you see it, he's looking around for a cell phone. They put their cell phones in one of those dry bags and it was somewhere down underneath in the hold, and so he sent his daughters, Hey, go find that dry bag so we can get my cell phone. I'm going to get some photos of this and try to record some of this. And his wife's let's just go. Let's just go. We can beat the storm and we'll head towards seward. Get somewhere else other than here right now. I want to go, and they're offshore. But she's really freaked out because she thought she was about to watch her husband get eaten. Essentially, she thought it was a bear at first, but obviously it was no bear, And so his daughters couldn't find the dry bag with the cell phones. It ended up being hanging just inside where the little cabinet is for this little cruiser, just inside on a hook, and they were looking everywhere else and it was like right there in front of him. But anyway, so he pulls anchor, he circles around, and he heads towards shore a little bit more. He didn't want to get too close because he didn't want to ground out or anything like that. But he said he got fairly close, and his wife started getting real mad at him, yelling at him. We got to get out of here, because by this point there was only a smaller one on the beach. And he said he was trying to get a better visual of this thing, and he said it looked like the arms were way too long for the body. The way it moved was very different. He said, the torsol was longer than the legs. The arms hung real low this thing. But once he got to a certain point and turned, he was adjusting his outboard and adjusting him up and it got to a point to where the exhaust started cork. Anyone been on a boat, you know what I'm talking about. So the exhaust got a little louder, and once that happened, this thing took off. It was gone, And he said it disappeared into the trees so fast he couldn't even calculate how quickly.
Speaker 1: It was going.
Speaker 2: It was just there and then that noise happened and it was gone. So with that they headed away. They got up around the bend and they heard another This was at a distance because they got up around the bend just out of Johnstone Bay. He powered off and dropped the anchor again and was trying to figure out what their next move was. At that point, when they were sitting there trying to figure it out, they heard another almost identical growl, howl, scream coming from basically the same area, and he said it was just so unreal. They headed off. They ended up going to Seward. I want to thank Craig for being patient. A lot of times, there's other people that I'm in contact with. I try to get all the details to share with you. Guys. Any sounds you can recognize if you're in a similar situation, you can figure things out. I want to thank him for being patient. I want to thank him for getting back to me and for sharing with us. There's a lot more to come, but I want to think his wife. She didn't say much when I talked to her, other than she told me that she thought her husband was going to get eaten in front of her and their daughters. And that's just a horrific thought anyway, And that's it for now. I want to tak thank you guys for joining me, and we'll catch you on the next one. They say, you don't gotta go home, but you.
Speaker 1: Can't stay, and I don't want to be a.
Speaker 2: World lopping trying this job that time everything call ride back, right back, Joy for me, Joy staying right there, Come in right away.
Speaker 1: Inside In states, Sissie still starts side stands stands side inside inside in state state still sass games still statess A gas and fins regains used to pas and fences