Speaker 1: Hi, Hello, and welcome, ladies and gentlemen to FFPC. Excuse me insider access for Thursday, June eleventh, twenty twenty six. My name is Eric Balkman, your host for the next two hours. You can connect with me on x at Eric Balkman. You may know me from the High Stakes Fantasy Football Hour, the rotov Is High Stakes Lowdown FFPC Insider Access, and of course the Fantasy Football Players Championship, along with hsff our extra reps. I'll bring in my guest co host here in a second. I do want to remind everybody if you are looking to put the advice that you hear tonight, the talk that you hear tonight, the tips that you hear tonight, to good use. We have a ton of options to choose from at the FFPC, including but not limited to, the FFPC Big Gorilla, which features a three hundred and fifty dollars entry a one million dollar grand prize. The seven Bananas promo is live right now, which means if you are getting the seventh pick multiple times in a row in the FFPC Big Grille, you're winning. Free FFPC team starts off at one hundred and twenty five dollars best ball team, then a main Event team, then a High Society team, and then if you're lucky enough to get it five times in a row, we will send you and your three friends three of your friends Jungle Safari for four or fifty thousand dollars, whichever you prefer. We came this close to giving away last year, but it didn't happen. Still fun, and you can now play that right now. The FFPC Main Event features six hundred dollars off each additional team right now, So when you buy in your first Main Event team, every team after that, you're gonna get six hundred bucks off. The FFPC Best Ball Tournament one hundred and twenty five bucks to enter. Four hundred thousand dollars is the grand prize there. That's up one hundred k from last year. As well. The super Flex Bestball Tournament, which I think we're going to get into tonight, thirty five dollars entry in that and you can win one hundred k there. You can also win a hundre k and the Baby Gorilla, which is the same exact format as the Big Gorilla, that features one hundred and twenty five dollars entry, and then don't forget Dynasty startups. Empire Dynasty Startups available now starting at a one hundred bucks going all the way up to five thousand. FFPC Chop League is also available. Just don't be the lowest scoring team in your league in any week of the season, and you win your Chop League. You can win cash, main event entries, big girl entries, whatever you choose there at my FFPC dot com. That's m y FFPC dot com. All right, ladies and gentlemen, let's bring him in right now. You know him, you love him. He's been on this show before. You can connect with him on X at Andrew ericson Underscore. He does great work for fantasy pros at Fantasy Pros on X. Please welcome back on to FFPC Insider Access, mister Andrew ericson Andrew Good Evening. Welcome Eric.
Speaker 2: Great to be here, Excited to be here on the show. The next two hours breaking it all down. I don't know what's more insane, your beard or my hair going on right now? I mean, really, I so it looks like I got electrocuted, right like.
Speaker 3: That's like where I'm at.
Speaker 2: Very humid here in Massachusetts is where I live and I just I just really need a haircut. I haven't been able to get out to doing the the old haircut. Got a recently new puppy last month, so that's really been taking up a lot of my time, along with some of these FFPC super Flex Best Ball drafts that myself and Tom Strachen have been drafting on his channel on the Fantasy Pros channel.
Speaker 3: We just launched our.
Speaker 2: Best Ball live stream that we do every Monday or every other Monday. Myself and Tom we draft a best Ball team and last earlier this week it was f FPC and at the number one overall pick, Drake may Baby.
Speaker 1: That's why, you know, nothing wrong with that. I was, you know, I was looking at I was prepping the show Rundown last night, and I was like, God, this is a lot of content. I don't think we're gonna get to everything. And I debated whether or not to actually include any AJ Brown talk because I feel if we bring up AJ Brown, it's going to dominate. Like there's gonna be like a forty.
Speaker 3: It's gonna dominate like a J. Brown. It's gonna dominate this year.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be a soliloquy. There you're gonna go off on your soapbox a sermon. So, but we will get to aj Brown toight. It's gonna be a lot of fun. Uh well, we will. By the way, Andrew and I tonight will go around the NFL in the first segment. Normally that's our longer one. I think our longer one tonight is gonna be the second one. We're gonna talk about must haves and FFPC drafts and talk about whether these guys are must haves targets or guys that you can let other people draft. And then the final segment two we will go into running back targets and fades. We'll get into Chase Brown, Javonte Williams, Rashad White, players like that, and then it'll be the show tonight. It's gonna be a lot of fun. So glad to have Andrew aboard. And and this thing with Tom that that you're doing. Is that something new this year that you've been doing Andrew or were you doing this in years past with him too?
Speaker 2: So yeah, I think it was two years ago that I suggested that we should do some type of best Ball live stream that we didn't really have one on the Fantasy He pros Feed and I pitched it and I said, Okay, who do you want to do as your co host? And I the first guy that came to mind was Tom's track, because I know that he's obviously been in the Best Ball Street.
Speaker 3: It's very experienced there.
Speaker 2: So it's fun to pick his brain because I know that he drafts way more teams than I do. But it's always fun because sometimes you go head to head, so I'll draft in the same room and other times we'll draft team together. And I'm always helping Tom get exposure to the right guys good to get Yeah.
Speaker 1: Tom, Tom's another former co host of this show. However, it's always, you know, when I have these guys across the pond, it's always delicate, right because I don't really I can't really reschedule the time on this and Tom was a trooper one time that he basically did the show in the middle of the night there, which was awesome, but I don't think he cared for it oh that much. Like while he was doing it and I said, well, listen, we got to do this again sometime, and He's like, yeah, yeah, yeah, we could do it again sometime. And I've kind of been politely staying away, you know, from asking him to come on, because I know what a bear it is for him to do it. But he's great and obviously anybody who watched the streams that you do with him, it's it's it's fantastic as well. All right. I was going to lead off with some breaking news because we don't often get breaking news on the show, And if I can pull up Schefter's Twitter right now, Andrew, I think he's the one who I who I saw this from, But I think this is an interesting way to lead it off. No, it wasn't Schefter, was somebody maybe his Rapaport. But I'm seeing reports right now of Jalen Cocher being extended by the Carolina Panthers, Andrew, which is very very interesting when you consider that this was a player that was you know, what are the Panthers, what have they recently done? It is Rapaport who said that they've agreed to Coker on a new contract extension when you think about the Panthers have done the past couple of years. McMillan Teteroa. McMillan was a first round pick right the year before that, it was Xavier Leaguett who was a first round pick, and we saw these Jalen Cocher truthers in the fantasy circle. Fantasy circles kind of talk him up. I've been drafting him here and there late. I just wonder what the ceiling is in that offense there. But I think this is a boon for anybody who's holding Jalen Coker on their dynasty teams, anybody who's already drafted him this year. Clearly the Panthers have made him an important part of their future. And you know because of the contract too, Andrew, he's an important part of the present this year. What do you make of this Cocher contracts extension for Carolina and specifically what it does for him in redraft this year if anything.
Speaker 2: Well, first of all, shout out to Jallen Coker, undrafted free agent out of holy Cross, which is a school in western Massachusetts, very close to where I grew up, somewhere where I had baseball camps at holy Cross University. So it's a school that's not known for a lot of its football products. So shout out to Jalen Coker for getting the bag as an undrafted free agent.
Speaker 3: And it's not easy to do.
Speaker 2: So how he impacts the Caroline Panthers, I think that it's probably going to be him as the number two guy behind McMillan. Big t Mac is the alephan this passing game. They don't really have a tight end. I again, tight end is so in vogue right now, it's like, oh, everyone's got to have like five tight ends on the roster. Panthers don't really have any that I feel like are really strong target earners. I mean Jatavian Sanders, What are we going to run it back with him again? So I think that the receivers are going to be the vocal points of the passing game.
Speaker 3: And I think they're in a position.
Speaker 2: With Bryce Young. Where are they going to extend him? Is he going to be their franchise quarterback? I think this team Dave Canals calling the shots. I think they got to take the training wheels off a little bit with Bryce Young. Whether it's gonna be good or bad. They got to figure out if, hey, if we're going to be a pass happier offense, because last year they tried to hide Bryce Young. They tried to just ride Rico Dawdle and Chewba Hubbard, whoever was healthy, whoever's playing more effectively. But now you've got weapons that you feel pretty good about. You have team at entering year two. Okay, he can be a superstar Jalen Cocor if he's healthy, because that's really been the big thing with him the last two years. Barry banged up, dealing with a lot of lower body injuries, but when he's been on the field, very effective, and obviously he had that last last time he saw Jalen Coker freaking blowing up against the Los Angeles Rams, and the Kocas are just losing their minds, Derek Brown included. So I definitely think that Cocher again last nine games played average ten point one ppr, point three and half ppr. He catches everything thrown his way seventy eight percent catch right, that was top five in the NFL last year. So he gets targets, he works out of the slot. I think that he fits really well with what they have in Chris Brazzle as this field stretcher, team ac as that all around alpha and then Jalen Coker eating out of the slot. So maybe in all the Titan heavy offenses, I think the Panthers might be one of these teams that now we like eleven person ol, like, maybe we'll do three wide receiver sets. Let Bryce Young quote unquote cook because I got to figure out can he be the chef for the future.
Speaker 1: The You know, this is interesting too, Like I don't want to compare it to what the Jaguars have going on there, but when you look at Carolina with McMillan, Lagette, Cocher and brazl as you had mentioned, this might be. If you are a believer in the Carolina Panthers, you should be a believer in Bryce Young as your second quarterback in super Flex Bestball tournaments. You should be a believer that Young takes a step forward this year. And quite frankly, Andrew, if he doesn't, Carolina is probably going to be in the market for a quarterback in twenty twenty seven. This is this is the definitive make or break year for Bryce Young.
Speaker 3: One hundred percent could not agree more.
Speaker 2: And I think that it bodes well for the Panthers to just let him rip, let him see if he can do it or not, because if he fails and the Panthers have a bad record, well, Panthers are a perfect team.
Speaker 3: That could draft a quarterback in a.
Speaker 2: What should be a very talented rookie class coming out in twenty twenty seven, or if you find that Brayce Song is really just a win with quarterback, which I think is probably the most likely scenario with him. I think that those are quarterbacks you don't want to overpay. That's how you run into the issues where we're running in with like Tua, where we want other teams eat this team's salary. When you're a win with quarterback, if you overpay those guys, you run to try down the road. So interesting year, but I think for fantasy purposes, Bryce Young office ol jus as a rusher, got more weapons, and to his credit, he's improved every year he's been in the NFL. I know it's started out really rocky, really tough situation, but every year he's gotten a little bit better. I think maybe we get see the best year of Bryce Young yet. But is that still enough for the Panthers to be convinced he is a franchise future quarterback.
Speaker 3: I'm still not so sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a different bar right And the other great thing I love about Bryce Young and really, quite frankly, all the Panthers that division that they play in. I don't really see a dominant defense there. So you could see some big time Panthers in Saints games, or Buccaneers Saints or Falcons Panthers, you know, what have you. I think it'll be interesting to watch how those offenses play off those average to subpar defenses in that division. We go to the AFC South next here. Andrew Cameron wolf had this report a couple of days ago from the NFL Network. David Montgomery apparently is quote ready to be a potential three down back if needed. Now that's what Cameron Wolfe's that's the words he chose to use. I think what's interesting here is what, you know, what do we talk about Woody Marks when he got drafted last year while it was his past catching chops right, and then he was sort of miscast in the Panther in the Texans offense, beg your pardon last year as this three down guy out of necessity because they were so beat up with no Mixon obviously, and it was just not a good situation for Woody Johns or Woody Marx to be the type of player that, you know, to accentuate his strengths. Now Montgomery comes down there, we would think that he will be the first and second down banger. This report from Cameron Wolf a potential three down back, does does this just mean that as long as Woody Marx is healthy, Montgomery's not catching passes on third down? Or does this mean that Montgomery is a player that they believe could just be the de facto Bell cow relegating Woody Marx to I don't want to say spot duty, but you know, not even a regular third down guy. What's the way that you're looking at the Texans running back situation for drafts at this moment, Andrew, I.
Speaker 2: Think Dave Montgomery's kind of that carbon copy fantasy RB two where it's going to be mostly volume driven. I don't think we're gonna get absurd efficiency from David Montgomery in any way, shape or for him. He is an older running back, closer to the age of thirty than to the age of twenty two or twenty three. Obviously, he has a lot of tread on the tires, and he just profiles as a banger. That's why he was effective and how he was effective in Detroit playing alongside Jamir Gibbs and I think it's a role that he can potentially be useful. And I don't think he's a league winner by any means, but in terms of value, if he's going late enough in drafts as an RB two, I'm finally, David Montgomery, I agree with you that Woody Marks, I mean.
Speaker 3: Out of necessity.
Speaker 2: Well, if the necessity is well, it's either start Dave Montgomery on three downs or start Woody Marx, then we're gonna start David Montgomery on all three downs. Ruddy Marx was terrible last year kind of across the board, So yes, he does definitely fit more of a receiving role. I think that would probably fit and help the Texas office a little bit more. But I mean, the jury still out on this Texas offensive line. They can revamp it and try to change it as much as they want, bring in different guys from different.
Speaker 3: Teams until it's good.
Speaker 2: Like I'm gonna remain skeptical that this offense is the line he's going out for text c JA Droud and establish a decent run game because basically, since c J. Stroud has been on the Houston Texans, they've never really had a decent run game that was really really consistent from a down to down basis. I know Joe Mixon had a decent year. I think it was his first season with the Houston Texans. He did a lot of job as a receiver, but I still think mix in at his peak and when he entered at his first year with the Texas, I think he's still ahead of where Dave Montgomery is right now. So Montgomery, I think is fine, not necessarily someone that I'm like, oh, got pounded day with Dave Montgomery, but someone that they can be a value, especially earlier in the season where you need or where he's fully healthy and ready to go. And I think that, yeah, he's probably the favorite to see a eas and chunk of volume.
Speaker 1: I know you said the jury still out on the Houston offensive line, and I'm glad you brought this up because I've heard different people within the industry whom I respect, take differing approaches to what they believe the Texans did with their offensive line this offseason. Some people think it was moving deck chairs around on the Titanic, that it didn't get any better and quite frankly, might actually be worse when all said and done this year. And then there's other people looking at and seeing how proactive Houston was with getting new pieces on this offensive line to block for Montgomery. And then you also think, Andrew, what's the philosophy for Damiko Ryans and Nick Casario in Houston? They got this unbelievable defense. Wouldn't you want to just be able to pound the ball control the game as much as you can make the necessary throws to Collins and Higgins and Dell and Schultz when you have to. But Montgomery and the offensive line should be the end to the yang of this dominant Houston defense. But specifically with the offensive line. I know you said the jury is still out. If I have to pin you down right now. June eleventh, twenty twenty six, do you believe that the Texans offensive line right now is better than it was at the end of last season.
Speaker 3: I do believe it is better.
Speaker 2: But how much better is kind of where I stop. I don't want to get too carried away, because offensive lines fluctuate a lot of time and a lot of its injury related. However, I do feel that the way that it's constructed right now, it's probably the best version that we have seen of it. Does that mean it's twentieth in the NFL versus thirty second potentially, and that is a big increase. So ultimately I am a little bit more optimistic about this runn game. I think Dave Montgomery is clearly better than every other running back that had last year.
Speaker 3: Again, it was what he marks.
Speaker 2: Nick Chubb was the other guy that they hadn't better than that they signed, and I mean poor went out for Nick Chubb.
Speaker 3: Man like that guy just.
Speaker 2: Walk out of bed getting five yards of carry, had that devastating injury, was on the Browns for basically his entire career, just never really had a chance to play for a superstar team. But yeah, I think that this run game will be more effective than it was last year. For sure.
Speaker 1: The injury news continues here, but this I think is good. George Kittle believes that he's on track to play Week one against the Rams. This was a report that came out this past Saturday. Andrew he met with the media. He says his achilles is doing great, he's had no setbacks, and that it is realistic for him to come back eight months after rupturing that what is it attendant, It's attendant, right, The achilles tendon Anyway, He's gonna turn thirty three in October, so certainly time isn't necessarily on his side for a fast recovery here. I know there's plenty of FFPC players I've talked to talking up drafting Jake Tanjas because they believe that this guy is going to matter in tight end premium leagues until Kittle gets back. The million dollar question, though, Andrew, is when is Kittle coming back? I know, and I was one of them. I was pretty down on Kittle missing most of the season, and now I'm kind of kind of walked back a little bit on that based on what I've heard now. I haven't heard anything concrete or read anything concrete from the Niners. I'm just going off of kind of what Kittle says. And I always say that taking injury analysis from the player who is actually rehabbing the injury usually is not the best thing in the world, because they usually tend to paint themselves in a very positive light and it's just sort of the mentality they have to have to get back onto the field. Kittle believes he can come back and be ready week one. I still have misgivings about drafting Kittle as high as he's going. You think about FFPC players right now, they're still taking George Kittle, even coming off this achilles at age thirty two, as tight end nine. He's going in the mid seventh round again tight end premium format. But Kittle is going ahead of Likely, He's going ahead of Kelsey, He's going ahead of Kincaid. It's a price I don't know if I'm willing to pay at this point because quite frankly, we're still in the dark a little bit about how much time that we expect Kittle to miss Andrew As it stands right now, when do you think George Kittle comes back? And the second part to that question, when he does come back, how much of real life Capital Letter George Kittle are we going to see or are we going to see a guy that is still clearly hamstrung a little bit by trying to recover and get into football shape with this achilles injury, Because that's another conversation to have as well.
Speaker 2: I can't imagine that George Kittle wants to fly to Australia trying to come back from a torn achilles injury like I'm sorry, so I'm if I had to make a bet I'm playing week one, he's not playing Week one. I really don't think that that's in the cards. Given the circumstances of the particular matchup that forty nine ers have in Week one against the Rams in Australia, that just seems like a hassle that you do wouldn't want to deal with the player coming back. You're not in your own facilities, this is your first game back. That just seems like you're asking for trouble and bad things to happen. So I would say if the timeline is close to week one, maybe it is more like week two.
Speaker 3: I think it's probably gonna be more like he's on the pup list.
Speaker 2: He misses the first four weeks of the season, that makes it obviously tougher to click him this high as a top ten tight end. However, it's just based on the bet the upside that well, when he comes back, he's gonna be an elite tight end. Basically, you're drafting, I mean, in this range, you're just hoping that you can get a guy that's gonna be an elite tight end. So when he's on the field and producing, yet, even if he misses a couple of games. Well, if he's a George Kittle of old and posts those oh so juicy spike weeks, Because even healthy George Kittle, we know how it is. He has games where he basically does nothing as a receiver and is not involved whatsoever. So I don't think that's going away. I think coming back from this injury probably just amplifies that. But when we're in the second half of the year, George Kittle's cooking again. It's not like the other forty nine ers players are all guaranteed bets to stay healthy the entire season. Between Mike Evans, Christian Kirk, Christian McCaffrey coming off a billion touches, I think you're they're gonna need George Kittle at some point, and you're gonna want that, especially when your roster, at least when you're drafting George Kittle, Well, the rest of your roster will be healthy when he's missing games, but down the stretch, you should have him while you're overcoming some other injuries. So, especially in best ball, I don't really have too I'm not really against the price of where he's going.
Speaker 1: Necessarily, Yeah, Joe King chiming and not many tight ends have George Kittle's one week ceiling weekly volatility is subed optimal, but you care less about that volatility when you are drafting him in Best Ball. To your point, So the other thing too with in regards to Kittle Andrew before we move on from this, well, number one, you know you mentioned all those injury prone guy I shouldn't say Hendry prone, but guys with bad injury histories with Evans and McCaffrey or whatever. And then you got that substation in Santa Claro's like that that, I mean Dejean's stribbling. I don't know what his college injury history is like, but that dude might all of a sudden start having soft tissue injuries as well. Anything's possible there regarding Kittle, what do you believe? So and I know you're not a doctor, but what do you believe? Like, let's say he does miss the first four games this season. Let's say he's back active the first time in October. Do you expect Kittle to be doing the kinds of things that he was doing pre Achilles tire or do you think that this season is one that he kind of, for lack of a better term, muddles through to try to shake off that injury, grogginess in that Achilles, and then in twenty twenty seven we see him back to the peak of his powers. I'm just kind of curious that as to what version of Kittle you think we see when he does get back out on the field.
Speaker 2: It's a great question because going back to his peak of his powers, does that happen when you turn thirty four years old at right end? So I think that this might be just the beginning of the decline for George Kittle, where he had his late season, late career Achilles injury, we start to see his yards after the catch number. So I would guess that this year we'll probably see even if he has some big games here and there, I think overall we'll probably see a pretty substantial like, oh, like his efficiency his yards per out run all decreased, his yards out to the catch perception decreased. That would be That wouldn't shock me at all, and that might be, Hey, yeah, even though he's not coming back from the Achilles injury, he's not going to end he won't really be that same George Kittle alpha player that we've called come to love and know, so I don't think that that's like bad necessarily because again it's tight end tight end.
Speaker 3: It's rough out there sometimes.
Speaker 2: So George Kittle, I still think that these weekly spike games, when he is getting a ton of volume, when he's Rock Berty's favorite red zone target, Yeah, he's still gonna have those smash weeks. And I think that in itself helps separate him from the rest of the tight end pack, because there are some tight ends that just can't do anything, like can't have big games.
Speaker 3: It's like three or forty. Maybe they score, maybe they don't.
Speaker 2: So at least with Kittle, you know that he's gonna have a high ceiling on a weekly basis in game plans where Shanahan is dialing things up.
Speaker 3: For him more.
Speaker 2: Like feast or famine. So that's kind of how I view him long term even after this season. Still a very usable tight end, but not necessarily the consistent elite guy that maybe we've seen the last couple years, where basically I feel like he's basically been a top five tight end last five or six year is basically wherever he's playing at least like twelve games.
Speaker 1: To piggyback on something you said Adam Hahn in the in the chat right now, saying that the Niners got old, And to your point, Andrew, the other thing that Kittle does have going for him is is Evans and McCaffrey with the higher potential to go into the trainer's room more this year because of their age and their injury history. And who do you think brock perty is gonna look to if those guys aren't available, Even if one of them's not available, it's gonna be Kittle who benefits from that as well. So I think I still think people are drafting him a little bit too close, not to his ceiling, but I think there's I think I don't know, man, like I'm finding some of the tight ends that are going after Kittle right now, like I think, and I know he's dealing with the knee injury of his own, but I think Kinkaid is more exciting to me when you consider the drop off of a full round where Kincaid, we're not talking about puplist with that guy right now, likely is a guy drafting quite a bit, very excited about him, especially with the elite neighbors stuff that's going on right now. I'm very excited to see what likely can do. And you know, if Travis Kelce had a different name in twenty twenty five and we just looked at his stat line, we'd be like, why is this guy going as tight end eleven? He should be going much higher too, So that's another player. I'd look at what all all the three of those guys have in common. They're not coming off to horn Achilles. And certainly I think you could make the case. And if you're telling yourself a story of you, you know you're trying to win a million bucks in the FFPC main event or the big Gorilla win a million bucks like Kittle probably has your the best opportunity to help you do that. But I think the floor is a little bit lower there as well. Okay, we've talked about Kittle enough. We have to move on. And I am curious here to and I guess this is not something In regards to Marvin Harrison Junior. This did not resonate with me as much as it probably should have. But there was a piece on ESPN on Sunday morning about the Cardinals and Marvin Harrison saying that as of right now, Andrew he's still trying to get back to one hundred percent. He said that whatever he's dealing with right now in his body, it's not going to prevent him from from from doing anything. He's still gonna be doing everything that that the Cardinals ask him to do, but he says it's an ongoing process. Bear in mind, this guy had two different heel injuries last year. He had appendicitis and a concussion, missed five games. I know the appendicitis and the concussion, you know, I don't want to get into all that, but they're not soft tissue injuries, which you know. The heel thing is. In the fact that he had two of them, I think is more interesting here. I don't think I'm I'm concerned about this. In fact, Andrew, you could probably spin this in a way of, oh, this is a reason two draft Marvin Harrison this year. He's not hurt, right, I mean, he's not going to be missing any time as of right now. Where As he missed five games last year, he was doing with dealing with two separate heel injuries. I've never had appendicitis, but I'm sure that was not fun to deal with if you're a football player, right, and then the concussion too, we know everything that goes into that with Harrison. Dude, this is a player again that has gone down. His ADP has gone down every single year he's been in the league. I remember when he was a rookie and in FFPC drafts he was a solid second round pick as a rookie, and now he has fallen to the six oh seven behind Carnel Tait. Speaking of rookies, Jamison Williams, Roman Dune say they're all going in front of him. Harrison is wide receiver thirty one. Right now, you read this injury report about Harrison, does this make you feel better about Harrison maybe having a bounce back year? And I think we also should talk about the kind of the quarterback situation that could happen with Carson Beck taking over potentially later on in the season during the money weeks as well. There's certainly a lot to unpack about Marvin Harrison this season.
Speaker 2: I think the injuries played a big role in why he had a lack of production last year, just in the aggregate, because he didn't really get the chance to feast in these Jakoby Brissett fifty to sixty drop back games because he missed a lot of those games. So I do think that there's in the back of my mind thinking about Marvin Heerson Junior and what if he had played in a couple of those games, how much more expensive he would be in drafts after he posted a Michael Wilson s type of stat line, because when Michael Wilson and Marvin Heerson Junior were on the field at the same time, there was no contest who was getting the ball. It wasn't Michael Wilson. Like Michael Wilson's target rate perute run just freaking gotten newked. He basically did nothing and you couldn't start him in fantasy. And then when Marvin Hereerson Junior missed time, Michael Wilson was a lock froowded top.
Speaker 3: Twenty Fantasy wide receiver.
Speaker 2: So I think that's telling that Harrison Junior was able to command such a high percentage of targets in the offense when he was on the field, even with Tree McBride still healthy in the lineup, and.
Speaker 3: Through two years.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the production hasn't been there that we've expected. Obviously hasn't met up to expectations, but generally speaking, he still commanded a high percentage of air yards, pretty good target share, a lot of red zone, end zone targets. So he's kind of checking off the peripherals of what we're looking for in a fantasy wide receiver that can maybe take a leap. Year three breakouts still happen, right, It's not hey, you have to hit rookie year. So he's entering year three, maybe he's gonna be fully healthy. I think he was turning the current or turning the corner at the second half of last year, but then he got hurt again. So I do think that I'm open to Marvin Harris Junior bouncing back. I have him inside my top thirty again, only a little bit higher than the ADP at wide receiver twenty eight because I acknowledge the quarterback, right, how high is the ceiling when Jacoby Brissett or Carson Beck or Gardner Minshews your quarterback and you are not the number one target on your team. That's trade McBride and Michael Wilson. Will he be a thing? I personally, I mean I am lower on Michael Wilson. Then consensus as well, I would rather take Marvin Harris Junior at his ADP versus Michael Wilson and his ADP. But I can acknowledge that this Cardinal's offense just sucks. That they all are going to be bad picks like that includes Trey McBride, who's one of the most expensive tight ends in this format, where I get really scared because I think he had the perfect runout last year where they were throwing all the ball so many times per game. When you draft a running back third overall, that's a telltale sign to me that, yeah, they're probably gonna try to run the ball a little bit more than last year when last year they were down to their fourth string running back, So of course you're gonna you're gonna chuck the ball. You're like, we're gonna head it to Bam Night thirty times a game Like No, but Jeremiah love Hey, they might.
Speaker 3: Try to do that.
Speaker 2: Twenty twenty five carries for a guy that was drafted third overall. So that's kind of my outlook on the Cardinals. Marvin ER's nears the guy I like the most. But again, if I draft team don't have any Cardinals, I'm not really sweating it, to be honest.
Speaker 1: No and h and Joe King brings us up on the the YouTube chat right now. Jeremiah Love is gonna get roughly eighty targets eating from wide receivers. That's another thing. And this is this perfect storm of the Cardinals offense that we saw last year, with them getting down so early and seemingly every single game, not having a defense that could be competitive to keep them out of shootoutsu Brissette throwing the ball all over the field, setting records for most passes in a game, and and and everything like that, and and and as you mentioned it, you know, the top four running backs in Arizona's depth chart being heard at any given time. I mean that this is all exactly what you need to produce the historic season that we saw from the Arizona passing game last year. Love comes in now, too, and that's another player that they're going to try to get the ball to. And so to echo your point, I am not only am I not targeting any Cardinals this year. I might be fading all of them, and that might include Jeremiah Love. Given his given his where he's going in drafts right now, I guess he has slipped a little bit. He's now running back twelve. He's going at the two ten, right between Kenneth Walker and Derrick Henry. But that's still that's still a difficult ask for me to get a running back on a team that is going to have a lot of negative game scripts this season, that is not probably going to be a good offense, and that could be featuring Carson Beck when all the cash is being given away at the end of the season.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I'm with you when I lay my head down at night, and I don't have any Cardinals on my last draft team. I'm okay, I'm sleeping East Harrison was part of that really good receiving class that came into the league a few years ago. Another member of that that I thought was really going to take a step forward last year and didn't was Brian Thomas Junior. Everything that could go wrong seemingly did go wrong for BTJ last year. And then we see this report from Action Sports Jacksonville on Sunday. Brian Thomas is quoted as saying it doesn't hurt to run anymore. End quote. I don't I didn't know this was a thing last year to Andrew, but he said that he had a lot of things, a little things that he cleaned up this offseason. A lot of clean up procedures over the last couple of months. Seems like he was trying to play through pain. Certainly, I have heard that you know, when your body is not responding the way you wanted to, it can affect the way you play. Maybe that contributed to some of those alligator arms we saw from him, especially early on in the season last year. But now, what are we saving? John Shipley from Sports Illustrated. Seemingly there's a positive report from him every single day about Brian Thomas either making a play over the middle or more importantly, deep down the field. So this really seems like Brian Thomas Junior could have at the bounce back season that a lot of people are hoping he will, and quite frankly, the price on him is right, for lack of a better term here, Brian Thomas right now in FFPC Big Gorilla Drafts is going as wide receiver thirty five at the seven h six, which is now He's about a half round behind Parker Washington about this time last week, Andrew, those guys are about neck and neck, but Washington surged ahead. I don't know if that's gonna last though, with all this positive stuff coming out of Thomas. Certainly, you don't want to be hyperbolic this time of year because it is you know, helmet and shorts and not much house shoulder pads or whatever, and there's not much going on there when it comes to that. It's not quote unquote real football. But you'd love to see these reports coming out about Thomas rather than not seeing him at all. How do you feel about Thomas's chances at a bounce back season, Maybe not to get to the twenty twenty four level that he was at, but definitely better than what we saw last campaign.
Speaker 2: I think that he can definitely beat his ADP you know, wide receiver or enter into the wide receiver three conversation. But that being said, I just have reservations about the connection with Trevor Lawrence.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: I understand that he feels healthier and he feels like he should get the ball more, But does Trevor Lawrence feel that way? And when Brian Thomas Junior had his massive breakout rookie year, who was his quarterback wasn't Tervor Lawrence.
Speaker 3: Is Mac Jones.
Speaker 2: So that's something that's kind of holding me up from just totally because I was in and Brian Thomas Junior as a rookie, I remember betting him to lead all rookies and receiving yards and he barely got there. But he saw I end up edging out in the league name and Brock Bowers by his chinny chinchin, even though he had like thirty less catches than both of those guys.
Speaker 3: Because he was generating a lot of big plays.
Speaker 2: And I was in on him last year and obviously was an utter and complete disaster. But the thing with the Jaguars offense is a lot of moles defeat here. You know, Porker Washington has a high I think that Jacobe Myers is just the most underrated wide receiver in the NFL because all he does is go for like a thousand yards every single year and catch everything that's thrown his way and is a quarterback's best friend. They have used a lot of tight ends in Jacksonville. They throw to the running backs in Jacksonville. And they also have a guy that plays defense and also plays wide receiver in Travis Hunter, who is expected to play full time on wide receiver and a defensive back this year. So how does he kind of enter into the fold here? So I think with Brian Thomas Junior, you just question, yeah, okay, can he be the number one receiver on the Jaguars? Yeah, but what does that mean?
Speaker 3: Like? What is that trains?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 2: Is that a oh he's locked alow top twenty four guy? Is he touchdown dependent? Is he really boom or bust? I think that he's kind of like all of those things. And even getting back to his days at LSU, it wasn't the outph at LSU like it was Milik Neighbors. Now again, when you're compete with the Lake Neighbors, that's not easy. But it just goes to show maybe Brian Thomas Junior really never is meant to be an alpha wide receiver. And although the planets aligned for him at the end of his rookie year with that monster season, this offense is looking a lot different than it was back then. There's a lot of new pieces and that's what concerns me. I think that what's interesting about the Jaguars the last two off seasons or last two draft seasons, the number one wide receiver drafted for the Jaguars in fantasy has not been the number one guy at the end of the year two years ago. Is Christian Kirk not the guy. Last year was Brian tom Junior not the guy.
Speaker 3: So I kind of feel like.
Speaker 2: However ADP has it set up is almost neverly going to be wrong. So it's like, so it's like, whoever the most expensive guy is, probably don't draft that guy. Draft everybody else, and you'll probably be better off in terms of your ROI. And that's not because I'm looking just because it's so such an ambiguous situation that anyone that's doing projections for the Jaguars wide receivers, it's tough man because it's like, what.
Speaker 3: Are you looking at? Like, are like what's Travis Hu?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 2: Travis Hunter is such an X factor in this receiver room too, what happens if there's an injury? So that's kind of like my take on again, I feel I don't feel great about fading the Jaguars pieces because I do like this offensive lot, especially with Trevor Lawrence, but the step he looked after the first five weeks in Cohen's offense, So this isn't like that Cardinals where I feel like I can just fully fade, But I feel like you got to take some shots here and there on some of these Jaguars receivers and Brian Thomas Junior. I don't want to just forget what he did as a rookie because it was so fantastic, But as of right now, he's not someone that I'm trying to go out of a way targeting just because I don't know if he has it that built in chemistry with Trevor Lawrence like we've seen, I mean Trevor Lawrence. How long did it take fromim to bill chemisry with Kobe Myers like one game the Trader Ferm, whereas it always seemed like he was butting heads with Brian Thomas Junior. So yeah, they can hit out a couple of big plays. He'll hit your best ball lineup as a result, but I'm not sure he's going to be dominating targets in this offense.
Speaker 1: Thomas is now going more than two full rounds ahead of one Jacoby Myers in Jacksonville in the FFPC Big Gorilla. I think back to last week when we had Chris Weck from Fantasy Points on it. He kind of said a lot of what you're saying too, where he's not necessarily targeting any of these Jaguars, but he says he always likes to leave each one of his drafts with one piece of this Jaguars passing game. Whether that's Myers or Thomas or Washington or Strange. He's always trying to make sure he gets a piece of it. And I think that's a smart way to do it, you know. And you know, not loading up, especially with how nebulous this situation is for the pass catchers, but making sure you're acquiring pieces it could end up paying off down the stretch in the long run. Here, I want to keep the conversation on the Jacksonville Jaguars here and we go to the backfield here, and I know that Andrew you have some thoughts on this, so I'll just kind of let you go. But Jacksonville dot Com had a report on Monday from Ryan o'haller and that Chris Rodriguez is expected to be a full go by training camp. Earlier this offseason, he had surgery on his left foot, did not participate in OTAs because he's still recovering from that. Sounds like he will not be participating in mini camp as well, but training camp could be a different story. Rodriguez and base shall tuton, you know, there's truthers on both sides of these guys right now as we head into the twenty twenty six season, during the twenty twenty six drafting season, right now, you have definitely planned your flag on one of these guys. I love to hear you tell the viewers why you have done it and why you expect to be on the correct side of this call right now this year.
Speaker 2: I'm on the base all Tuton side of things here. I think that he's going in appropriate range in drafts where he's being drafted as a late end RB two, but I think he has top fifteen, maybe even back into RB one upside because I think ultimately with push cups, he's the much more talented running back than Chris Rodriguez. Chris Rodriguez can only do one thing, really really well. In my opinion, it's pick up a couple of yards in between the tackles. He's not explosive, he doesn't use he complete zero in the passing game. And I think that Bachell two and what he showed last year when the team took Travis Etn off the field to put Bachelle two in red zone packages, I'm not worried about Chris Rodriguez as a red zone threat to Bachell two. I really think that he's going to be the guy. And the thing that I always think back, you know, scouting Bachell two, and he was one of the players that I got to meet at the NFL Draft when they were doing the podiums.
Speaker 3: It was really cool.
Speaker 2: Not a lot of people at his podium, but he was something that I had done some research on beforehand, so I knew, like, hey, this guy's like pretty exciting and just a great guy to talk to and not trying to be like, oh, this is my guy. But I had a lot of confidence in Bachell two. And what he did at the college level was rip off explosive plays. He had almost a fifty percent breakaway run rate during his college career. Last season, that breakaway run rate was at ten percent. It was bottom five in the NFL. And I think that has to do with not that he's not explosive, because he is. He has speed. We know that we saw him around forty yard dash in blazing time.
Speaker 3: He has the juice.
Speaker 2: But I think last year he was a Day three running back, rookie running back who entered the NFL with some ball security issues, so maybe thinking a lot more than playing fast. I think entering year two another year in Liam Cohen's offense, where everybody feels a little bit more comfortable in the offensive environment, including the quarterback. I think you're gonna see the juice of Tooton this year. You're gonna see his expulsiveness out in front. I think the coaches are gonna see that, and especially compared to Chris Rodriguez, who look call spade of space. He's a plotter running back, like he's not an exciting running back. And yes it's coaches love when you can pick up three yards when you need exactly three yards. But Tuton did that last year too. He had the same high success rates Chris Rodriguez. He had the same yards after contact for attempt at christ Rodriguez. So I just think that Bashelle Tutin can do everything Chris Rodriguez can do, and more so, why waste your time with Chris Rodriguez in the first place. I do think that the first couple weeks of the year, it's gonna be annoying, like we're gonna get Chris Rodriguez. Maybe he's gonna start the game and everyone is gonna freak out about Bachell tuned. So even if you don't draft him, obviously you have to draft them best ball drafts because you won't have access to the waiver wire. But in re draft leagues, I can guarantee he's gonna be one of my favorite guys to trade for after Week one if I don't already have him on my roster, because I think that we've seen this kind of play out before, and and Pat Krane mentioned this, I think on his podcast a couple of weeks ago. But how is this not different from the Zach Moss and Chase Brown scenario, where like, you clearly have a guy with so much juice that okay, yeah, they're gonna be annoying, Zach Moss is the veteran whatever. And then I know that Zach Moss ended up getting injured that season. But Chris Rodriguez is already recovering from an injury. He's also dealt with injuries a lot as a part time player. He's a twenty six year old journeyman running back who wouldn't have bean sniffed the field last year if Brian Robinson again, another pretty jag running back hadn't got. But he's spending time with Jeremy, with Nichols and Jacorey krossky Merritt, who is a seventh round rookie, and he didn't even like assert himself to be the dominant running back in that backfield. So I just don't think that he has any staying power as a threat in this offense. I think that Liam Coen brought him in because he's familiar with him, and he's like, hey, I need three yards. I can getree arts with Chris Rodriguez. But if Bachell Tutin really captures what he can be upside of what he's actually capable of doing, I think that they're going to realize, oh yeah, we could just use Twoton on everything instead, and like we don't need to waste our time using Chris Rodriguez. So definitely not drafting Chris Rodriguez, definitely drafting Bachell two, and especially with I think his price is fine where it is.
Speaker 3: He's not like super super expensive. I actually am not.
Speaker 2: Surprised he's not more expensive than he is. So I think that you hear shooting for upside in this RB two range. I think that Tutin looks like that guy for me, Tooting.
Speaker 1: I'm just looking it up right now running back twenty six at the five to ten, which is after swift engineering Price, it's before Hubbard and Jalen Warren. Adam Han brings us up to if Rodriguez was was any good, he'd still be watching. But there's like whose backfield is not good? Right? Like essentially Rodriguez left a very uncertain backfield in Washington or they let him go and now he's in Jacksonville. The the last point I want to make about Touton and just let you wan this. Does does laquin Allen figure into stealing pass catches or targets in that backfield at all where that would maybe be a ding against Teuton? Or do you think that's not gonna be a thing this year Laquinn Allen.
Speaker 2: I do think it's possible that quiloquent Allen is more involved in the pass catching games. So I think that would hurt baseeall Tuton from you know, turning out a top ten type of season. I think for me, when I try to compare it to what's Bajaell Tuton's upside, I think it's probably Bucky Irving rookie year under Leam Cohen. Because you remember in that offense, you had three guys, you had Buckier being Sean Tucker and Rashad White. And then if let's say they use they do similar things in this Jacksonville Jaguars backfield where Tooton plays the Irving role, Rashad or what Quinn Allen is in the Rashad White role, and then you have Chris Ardriguez in the Shan Tucker role. So even with all that scenario playing out, buck you Irving was still a back end fantasy RB one and still had a over a thousand yards from scrimmage, was really productive. Again, wasn't the primary pass catcher, but still caught enough passes where he was in a total zero.
Speaker 3: Which Christopher, you can take catcha passes.
Speaker 2: He's never caught passes any And I know that these guys say, yeah, like they just didn't use me in the passing game. It's like, yeah, because you're probably not effective and they're not gonna throw me the.
Speaker 3: Ball if just gonna fall down and not pick up yards.
Speaker 2: So I think that that's probably the thing that would slow down or limit his like true true ceiling. But again with Quinn Allen. It's not like he's a super talented player. I know that they like him in past the protection, but I think that he play. I mean, when you're in the twentieth round of some of these drafts, like Quinn Allen is kind of someone that I'm a little interested into, Like, all right, is this role real as a receiver out of the backfield, Like it's an offense we're excited about. He's really really cheap, So I don't think that he's like so like, I mean, he's someone that I was considered round twenty.
Speaker 3: So there you go.
Speaker 1: The conversation moves from Jacksonville to Seattle. Here for us next to Andrew the reporter or one of the team reporters for the website for the Seahawks, John Boyle wrote that the Seahawks are expecting more from Rashid Shaheed when it comes to what he's going to do offensively, not necessarily special teams. And what I think is interesting about Shaheed and I was one of these people when he got traded mid season from New Orleans to Seattle. I expected him to take a significant leap forward fantasy wise. I was of the opinion that what Smith and Jigba had done up until that point was not sustainable over the course of the season. I really didn't think we were going to see Cooper cupp all of a sudd resurge at the end of the season, and Tory Horton was dealing with an injury too, So I just thought, this is the perfect scenario for Shaheed to come in, make some noise and be fantasy worthy, perhaps even as high as a top thirty receiver. The rest of the way, it did not happen. From Week ten on he only catches eighteen passes, fails to notch two hundred and seventy yards, no touchdowns. That's from Week ten through the playoffs, all the way through the Super Bowl as well, and then Seattle goes out. They extend them three years fifty one million, and certainly this would make sense that Cooper cup would start to take a back seat to some of these younger guys like Shaheed and Horton this year. But you know, I think for me, seeing what I saw last year from Shaheed, or perhaps the better way to say it, the lack of what I saw from him last year, definitely gives me pause before I draft a player like this that I think is a hashtag betteran best ball guy. I don't know if I want to draft this guy in a managed league because I don't know when the big players are coming. And quite frankly, after the stars seemingly aligned for Shaheed last year and he turned that into eighteen catches over ten weeks or eleven weeks or whatever it was, I'm not getting the warm fuzzies despite what John Boyle is reporting here, and despite the contract extension he got. Perhaps I'm wrong and you feel differently about this.
Speaker 2: No, he's definitely a hard player to kind of feel good about. I think that we feel good about his talent as a player. I think that Shaheed has shown that there were times when he was competing with targets with Chris Lave where their production wasn't too far off from each other when both guys were on the field, And to your point, at the beginning of last year in the Saints offense that was all about target volume, Shahee was putting up some pretty solid stats in this in the Kellen Moore offense. Do you think that Okay dropping in with Kubiak, someone that he's familiar with, they can get him fully integrated, But I think he just got kind of caught behind the eight ball and everything was working so well with the Seahawks were doing. Anyway, he did flash a little bit down the stretch in the playoffs with a couple of big plays, and ultimately the Seahawks won the Super Bowl. So I know, she Heat doesn't seem like he was like the biggest factor that but hey, like he makes one big play in a playoff game, Hey we'll take it.
Speaker 3: Like we don't care what we had to trade away.
Speaker 2: To get him. We won the Super Bowl. That's all really that matters. And then they paid him this offseason. It wasn't a guarantee he would come back to the Seahawks, especially with Kubiak going to the Raiders. You know they could use another wide receiver. So I was surprised that they didn't try to make a bid for Rashiji Heat, or maybe they just got priced out. But you look at the way the Seahawks are structured now Kubiak is gone. They have a new office Cornier coming in from the forty nine ers. They're paying a lot to wide receivers. Jaysen also signed a big extension contract this offseason. They signed Rashiji Heat. They made sure that Jake Bobo did not leave the building. I know the Jaguars like put in a tender. I also like that'll kind of caught my eye as like, are we gonna get more passes in this offense? Are we gonna put a little bit more on our quarterback Sam Donald versus well, we lost Walker Charbonay is injured. We did draft Daring Price we were excited about, but he's still a rookie. Are we gonna put everything on our rookie? Are we gonna put on our super Bowl winning quarterback? I think I kind of leaned towards the ladder. So I think that Shaheed, because he's really talented. I think that best ball is still a really good format for him. He can make plays even on low volume. And Sam Donald has a pretty nice deep ball.
Speaker 3: We've seen him work with some of these receivers in the past.
Speaker 2: So I'm a little bit more optimistic that he kind of turned things around with a full offseason install into this new offense, because again, the offense is gonna have new wrinkles to it, So I don't think he will initially be behind the eight ball as much as he was kind of going on the fly last year, even though it was Kubiak, So I think it's just kind of it was just a little strange, like how uninvolved he was last year. But I think maybe it's because the Seahawks were just like running the ball and playing great defense and Sam Donald was just cooking with Jasen. It's like, let's not change this up, Like we're like we're dominating games, like we don't need Like Shaheed was gravy, we didn't have to use it last year till the very end. So I think this year, maybe they do need it a little bit more if the run game isn't as good as effective because of the you know, the change of running back.
Speaker 1: That's a great point. They never had the fear put in him that they needed to change anything up down the stretch last season. If you keep winning and you're keeping you know, keeping on dominating teams via your you know, your dual running back scenario that you have in that backfield, the dominant defense that you had, you know, why do you feel compelled to switch anything to try to get Shaheed more involved? To your point, this year, different team, different season, maybe a different approach for Rashid Shaheed and the Seattle Seahawks. They are on offense. We go to New Orleans. Now the big easy. Sarah pel Cheski, Pelchus, Pelchowski, Pelchowski. I don't know. I had a report earlier this week, Andrew, that Kellen Moore says he's excited to get Alvin Kamara quote in the fold. Now. He did not go as far to say that Kamara is going to be on the team this year, but he is preparing as if Kamara will be in the backfield for New Orleans this year. I think at this point of his career, excuse me, he's probably closer to Devin Neil, Kendra Miller than he is Travis Etchien. But Kellen Moore might see it differently. This is not an Alvin Kamara question for you, Andrew, but for those people, myself included, who assume that Travis at Chien was going to be this three down back for New Orleans this year. How much of a monkey wrench is Kamara throwing into these plans? And do you believe that he's going to still be on the team come week one of the season.
Speaker 3: Man, this is such a loaded situation.
Speaker 2: I just I just hate his entire situation because I wish they would just be honest with us about Alvin Kamara and hey, like he's not gonna be on the team, like we're not. And I get they're trying to I think they're trying to respect the player because he is a Saints lifer. You know, one of the best Saints probably ever, especially at the running back position, one of the best fantasy football players ever. Who could forget that game Onchristmas were he scored? Like yeah, like that that's like just something that you always remember, especially someone that is so into people that are watching you me about that love fantasy football. Everybody remembers that game and it's like Alvin Kamara. That being said, that's in the past. We're talking about twenty twenty six, and I think that Alvin Kamara is more like end of career Dalvin Cook Austin ec Like, I just think that this is like the be this is the end. Like his rushing efficiency has been terrible over the last couple of years. The Saints were one of the worst teams in terms of rushing EPA last year, and that lot was cause of Alvim Kamara. Yes, still one of the most dynamic pass catchers in the NFL at the running back position. But how much more is he doing really after the catch anymore? How much more juice is he offering? So I think it's sooner rather than later that the team just kind of like decides to cut ties with Alvin Kamara. So any discount that I'm getting on Travis a Chan as a result of those that believe Alvin Kamara is going to play a focal point in this offense. I mean, look, if it's not Kamara, they'll probably get someone else involved. I just think that it's going to be a chance they paid him for a reason in free agency. He's still in a good spot age wise, not super old. Look, Kamara, I just think this time has come kind of for the Saints. And I know that he said he doesn't want to play for any other team, So it's like week one. Is he more likely on the Saints on another team or in Cankun? I mean, how am I bad on Cancun at this point?
Speaker 1: Yeah? The the etch thing is interesting too, because I don't know, I mean, you tell me how much of a discount this is, Andrew, But he's still going as running back fifteen at the three oh seven. Now, the other thing to consider, it looks like Tyler Schuck in this in this offense, they're going to take a step forward this year. They have Kellen Moore, who's a really good play caller, who's always wants to just go, go, go, go go. They run a lot of plays, all great stuff for the Saints. They play in a dome, they play and in that NFC South Division that I mentioned, could be ripe for shootouts this year. If we find out that Kamara is you know, cut, or is he is he's traded or he retires or whatever, how much room does et Chien have to move up from the three oh seven and running back fifteen. I feel like he'd move up a little bit, But I don't know if we're gonna see anything significant, would we I.
Speaker 3: Don't think anything too significant.
Speaker 2: I think that the price point because what's Alvin Kamara's adp rb D sixty. So I think that the market is telling you, at least the fantasy full market is telling you that, yeah, Kellen Morgan say whatever he wants about Alvira Khmara, we're not buying that he's going to be a big part of his offense. And why should he be really he wasn't really effective last year, the team decided to go in a different direction and sign this highly touted free agent running back with Kellen Moore. I think it's really just them trying to respect the player, to be honest, and I think I.
Speaker 3: Mean they did last year with Taysom Hill, right, they had a whole week.
Speaker 2: Of like, we're gonna have Taysom Hill Week and he's gonna have a monster game, and then he did, and then some of us in the fantasy space bit on it in the next week. He did not think because it wasn't the Taysom Hill Week anymore. So the same like that good franchise. But I think m push comes to show I also have an RB fifteen, and that's considering that. I don't really think Kamara is going to be a big part of this offense, if he's even on the roster. But as we always see with news, it just drives ADP. AJ Brown to the Patriots was basically a four gone conclusion, and then after the trade happened, his ADP went up anyway.
Speaker 3: Same thing with DeVonta Smith.
Speaker 2: His ADP went up anyway after age Brown got traded, even though it was ninety nine percent sure that Age Brown was going to get traded. So maybe he ends up going and sneak into the top twelve, goes ahead with some other receivers other positions. But I think that RB fifteen is is a good range for him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think that you're right. It probably will go up just because that's what we do. But to your point, I don't think he makes it into the second round. I think you're looking at early third round at the most. If anything, I mean, it should be something given the other players that you make and how we're treating him, But yeah, I don't think it's gonna be huge. Mary kay Cabot. This was earlier today. Jerry Judy did not practice at mandatory mini camp. Today. Judy is saying he felt something in his hamstring, so he sat out. Todd Monkin says he does not give veteran rest days right now, so this was clearly an injury thing or they're being cautious at least to not make it worse. And the question here for you, Andrew is sort of twofold number one. Who are you taking as the as the best value for Brown's wide receivers right now? And then number two. How much value is there, Like, how significant are these guys going to be for fantasy Concepcion is a ten to eleven turn pick, Denzel Boston is going at the fifteen sixteen turn, and then Jerry Judy at the sixteen seventeen turn. When when you look at I know Boston's been performing well. Daniel Owiefussi had the report for ESPN, say he's been one of the standouts of Brown's camp so far. I don't know which one I view as the best value. Maybe you can tell me what one you view is the best value, and then whether how significant this is going to be for our fantasy football teams this year, given that none of these guys have single digit round ADP at the.
Speaker 2: Moment, I think that the two rookies are good values just where they're going.
Speaker 3: I think that it's a simple bet on.
Speaker 2: I just think that these players are really talented, and they're going in late enough in drafts where I'll kind of let the situation play itself out. I think that Conception Own was worth a first round real life pick from the Cleveland Browns. I think that he fits exactly what Todd Munkin wants. He has a Za Flowers type of skill set, although he's bigger than Zay Flowers, so a little bit heavier, which means I think he can handle maybe a little bit more of a workload, especially.
Speaker 3: His rookie year.
Speaker 2: I means say Flowers his rookie season was very productive in Todd Monkin type of offense. So I do think that mon can see similarities between a guy he had in Baltimore with Casey and conception On And the thing with Concept Jan he does so much after the catch that it makes it a little less dependent on what potentially is bad quarterback play, right, That's what we're kind of worried about here. It's like Deshaun Watson, Sure Sanders, Well, if they're just getting the ball to concepttion On on bubble screens and then he just breaks a tackle, rips off thirty yards, who cares how bad the quarterback play is?
Speaker 3: Like he's making those plays. So I like Concept Jon.
Speaker 2: I think that he's a little less quarterback dependent than someone like Denzel Boston, where he should be dominating in the early summer right as that type of big bodied red zone threat where it's a lot of routes on air. This is where those guys tend to look really good where there really is no pressure on the quarterback and they can kind of just loft the ball up there. So again, I like both players at their prices. I think both are buying into. But I think the concept Sean is going to lead this team in targets probably. I get Harold Fannon is still involved out rookie season at the tight end position, But concept, I think is a really really talented player. And I think my first round pick in the tenth round signed.
Speaker 1: Off for that conceptcion Is is the guy I would be putting my money on if I had to. I'm still a little bit nervous to see how this how often this offense is on the field, and how much action he gets. I think Judy is a fine best ball dart throw and Boston is a guy I just I really don't know what to think about the You know, I see people drafting him in rookie drafts and I'm just like, you know, how how is I mean? I certainly I guess he there's a non zero chance that he does become the number one there at some point on his rookie contract. I'm just seeing a lot of obstacles in front of him, whether it's quarterback play, whether it's you know, conceptsi On and Harold Fannins is another guy that they're gonna get involved quite a bit. It looks like they got a pretty good running back in Quinn Shawn Judkins, So I think Conceptsion is the guy I like. I didn't understand the Boston pick, but I might be proven wrong by the Cleveland Browns going forward. Boston is in his first year in the league, and we know he's going to be a Brown. Brandon Ayuk has been in the league for several years and we have no idea where he's going to be playing this year. California authorities issued a warrant for Brandon Ayuk's arrest Andrew. If we've been paying attention to social media, Ayuk has had some rants indirectly directed. I guess at the forty nine ers brass in the front office there. I just picked him as my seventh wide receiver in like the sixteenth or seventeenth round of a draft. I'm in right now, and it's a managed league, So if it rolls out as a route rolls into September and I have to submit waiver claims, and Ayuk is still, you know, in the same spot he's in right now. He's an easy cut for me, and that's why I picked him because I still do see some upside here. How much upside do you see? And at what point in drafts would you be willing to Ayuk onto your roster?
Speaker 2: Drafted Ayuk in the eighteenth round when we were drafting on Monday, myself and Tom Strack and on the Fantasy Pro channel. So I don't think there's ever a click on a brand new Yuke where man that feels so good because we don't know what's gonna happen there. There's no one confident except I mean brand new Yuk doesn't know what's gonna happen because the forty nine ers are staying pat with no, we're not gonna release you for nothing when we want someone to trade for you, and they don't have to release him, so it's a slippery slope. Of course, that's why he's upset, because he just wants to play for a different team because he knows he's not gonna play with the forty nine ers, but they have his contract and because he's on the I think it's like the NFI list, or it's on like one of those lists where it doesn't count of gets the ninety man roster, so they don't have to pay him. So they really have no incentive to just like let him go. Besides, like we want to be a good organization. But clearly the fact that he has been ghosting them this entire time with his injury, that forty and I don't really feel obligated to, you know, do right by Brandon Nayuk unless you know someone comes to the table with a trade.
Speaker 3: So the commanders make a lot of sense.
Speaker 2: I know that he's I think even on some of his videos he's like wearing a commander's hat or something like that. I'd be like, yeah, I want to be watched a pan and makes sense. But Jadan Daniels has connection gating back to college, so I think right now it's just you gotta kind of like crress the button and just whatever, because you know how much upside he has as a talent. I know, we haven't seen him play in over a year, but you get seventy eight percent of brand nay Yuk maybe attached to Jade and Daniels. That's better than everyone else. That's going into eighteenth round, Like, that's like my main point is, like, just who's being drafted around? Yeah, he could be a total zero, no doubt about it, But what about all the other guys going the eighteenth nineteen twentyth round. I would I guess my argument is the upside case for a Yuke is so much clearer and better and higher than so many of these other guys. That's kind of why I feel like Ayuk isn't okay click right now. Obviously could be a zero, just probably blow up and do nothing, but I think the upside is kind of worth especially with it basically being free. So eighteenth round for me, that's where I took him and I didn't I basically I think tweeted it after two I said, brand now you can eighteenth round. I don't know about it, man, but like whatever I was, like, that's kind of how I feel about it.
Speaker 1: I you probably with the best track record of any eighteenth round wide receiver that you can get this year, so certainly he's done it before. And if he does end up in Washington, that seems like such a cozy spot for him where he can easily assume the number two roll. There something that he did for years in San Francisco. Give Antonio Williams, you know, some valuable reps at three. But you don't need to be counting on him if you're Washington in his rookie year, because you can have by you come aboard the other aspect to I don't know what that kneedes like, he didn't play all of last year, so that there's certainly something to do with that too. Now. I think what would be interesting Andrew is, let's say the Niners did release him or or the Commander's traded for him, and not not if the commander's traded for him, beg your pardon if the if the Niners did outright release him and he's just hanging out there for like a week and then two weeks, it's like, Okay, we kind of know how the NFL feels about this guy. Maybe we should feel the same way. But but it is interesting, and and Iukas is still a He's still a fun click at that point, uh later on in the draft where you don't know but it could it could could be good. Last thing I want to bring up here in this segment, and I'm gonna throw some ADPs at you that might shock you because they shocked me. Omar Kelly covers the Dolphins for the Miami Herald and he says Kevin Coleman Junior should be the starting slot receiver for the Dolphins this year. He says he believes that Coleman is the best rookie receiver they have for Miami. And and if you look at how f FPC players are treating this Dolphins receiving game right now, it's it's pretty interesting. H Chan is a second round pick right now, Andrew in the f f SE big Gorilla. The next Dolphin off the board is Greg Dulsic in the fourteenth round. Again tight end premium scoring, So that's why you see Dulcie as the next one. Caleb Douglass in the fifteenth is the top receiver drafted on average from Miami in this Chris Bell in the sixteenth, then you get into Malik Washington in the nineteenth. Coleman is nowhere to be found. What's your sort of how dialed in are you to Dolphins receivers this year? Are there any potential difference makers on this squad? I love Chris Bell for dynasty for redraft, I don't know, Man I just don't know how effective he's going to be year one.
Speaker 2: I do like Greg Dulsis a lot, so he's definitely the guy that I gravitate towards the most. I think that he flashed really early talent as a rookie his first year. I keep bringing this up because I think it's important, But he was valued higher in Dynasty than Trey McBride after their rookie seasons because of what Dulson did and what Trey McBride didn't do because he was stuck behind zach Ertz. So that was a real thing, and obviously the careers couldn't have been trained out differently. I know we have a comment here from Adam halland two five to two three about dults can't stand the field. Totally agree, like that has been his bugaboo. Been really injury prone for the most of his NFL career, but he's only twenty six years old. Flashed a lot in yards out to catch perception, trailing only my guy last year, Tucker Craft. Greg Dulcich was second yards ap to catch perception elite in yards per out run among tight ends. Now a little bit of a small sample size, but look the Dolphins brought him back. He has familiarity with the offensive coaching staff there, so I think And one thing that was really glaring to me that stood out was on a podcast with the new GM was asked, Okay, who do you expect to take a major leap this year? This is Greg Dulsch, right like, So that to me was just like wow, Like, that's pretty bold of a stance to make on a player that you signed like a one year contract to. But I just believe that there's a talent with Greg Dolcic. We see tight end breakouts later in their careers all the time.
Speaker 3: He's only twenty six years old.
Speaker 2: And what's the number one thing you need with tight and just a path to relevance, a path to targets?
Speaker 3: Does he have that in Miami?
Speaker 2: Clearly because you just listed off all the wide receivers, there's not many good ones there. To the point about Omar Kelly about Kevin Coleman Junior, I don't disagree with him because but I think this requires context where I think Caleb Douglas was a clear reach for a player in the third round. He was not on my raidar whatsoever. And Chris Bell is currently injured. So so like the bar for Kevin Coleman that I would be the best rookie wide receiver, it's not necessarily super super hard. I'm not surprised that like he would be maybe the guy over in the Leak Washington. He's kind of view as the Veterans thought player, but he's also attached to the previous regime, so they have no incentive like, oh, we gotta get Leak Washington involved. Not necessarily the case. I think it does behooves them to get see what they got out Vin Coleman, who I did actually kind of like a little bit as a prospect. I know Derek Brown is also a big fan of Kevin Coleman. Kind of looked at him as like a discounted version of Antonio Williams, which.
Speaker 3: I could kind of buy into.
Speaker 2: So again, of all these Dolphins players, would Kevin Coleman Round twenty is probably the one that I liked the most, aside from Greg Dulsich.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Dulsic, I just drafted non tight end premium scoring as my backup tight end and a draft them in and I just had these visions in my head Andrew of like the Dolphins being down by seventeen or perhaps thirteen late in games, and willis just dropping back to pass and just dumping these little eight nine yard little seam routes to Dulcuch where he just falls down and then they just keep going down the field. I don't know. Adam makes a good point that is a problem for him staying on the field, But you're having fourteenth, fifteenth round. If he gets hurt, it's not like you're married to the guy with your draft capital that you invested in. You can cut him and move on to somebody else. But certainly Dulsage is intriguing right now. Hopefully you've been intrigued for the remainder of the show. We're gonna step out take our first break. Andrew Erickson for Fantasy Pros joining me on FFPC Insider Access tonight. When we return, we're gonna be talking about the must haves in your draft. Which ones of these players do you need and which ones of these players might you just consider luxuries or non targets. If they fall to you, great, but you don't need to fall all over yourself trying to get them. You're watching f f PC Insider Access. He's Andrew ericson I'm Eric Walkman. We're back right after this.
Speaker 4: The main event reason a main events see two thousand dollars n free team brand prize of a million dollars.
Speaker 1: I'm looking about one million dollar top prize.
Speaker 4: The main event season is enforcing.
Speaker 1: It is time to register for your f f PC management drafts. If you have not yet, make sure you're doing so because each additional team after your first one is going to get you six hundred bucks off the prices of those teams win a million bucks this year. In that, don't forget about winning a million in the FFPC Big Gorilla as well, three hundred and fifty bucks to end. The seven Bananas promotion is still live. We had another team hit a free FFPC Bestball Tournament team tonight by getting that seven pick twice in a row. Speaking of the FFPC Bestball Tournament, you can register for that right now, drafting that for four hundred thousand dollars. That's the grand prize. It's up one hundred k from last year. Or you could be like Andrew Rickson and draft in the thirty five dollars Superflex FFPC Bestball Tournament for one hundred thousand dollars. There as well. We have Dynasty and Empire startups starting at one hundred dollars. We have the FFPC Baby Gorilla, the same format as the Big Gorilla, just with one hundred and twenty five bucks to enter, win one hundred thousand dollars. There in chop leagues starting at thirty five dollars. Just don't be the lowest scoring team in your league in any given week and you will win your chop league with the FFPC. That's all at my FFPC dot com my FFPC dot com. We bring in our co host for our number two tonight. It is Andrew Ericson from Fantasy Pros at Andrew Ericson Underscore. That's where you can connect with him there. If you've been following them on social media week, you would have seen him draft that super Flex FFPC tournament team with Tom Stratton. Seemed like you guys had a lot of fun in that too, Andrew.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we always have fun drafting teams together. It's fun to get back into the best bulls. Haven't been drafting a lot in May. Just been busy again mentioned earlier in the show. Got a new puppy, so that's kind of been taking up the majority of my time, but happy to get back into the streets now that we have all the rosters basically official.
Speaker 3: I know that AJ Brown tray was kind of like the last thing.
Speaker 2: Obviously, we're gonna talk about a Jay Brown at the top of every single hour that we do here while we're talking live. But now it's fun to be back in the best plull streets because that's like the most fun about fantasy right is the draft, Like drafting all the draft day prep. So getting in the reps now with best Ball, it's a great way to get ready and win some money heading into the twenty twenty sixth season.
Speaker 1: Perhaps the best way to win money this year, no matter what you're drafting in is to get these must have players on your drafts, on your teams in your drafts. And we lead things off this segment tonight, Andrew with your guy AJ Brown there. I don't want to say it was the worst kept secret in the NFL because I wasn't totally sure it was gonna happen, especially the longer at dragged on. But we do know he's in New England this year. I have been of the opinion that I could foresee New England regressing a little bit this year, what with you know, super Bowl curse aside, they had a somewhat easy schedule this year. They're gonna have a tougher schedule this year. And then they get AJ Brown, and I'm kind of like, you know what, maybe I got to back off this this regression thing. You have trevi On Henderson in year two, you have a pretty good offensive line, you have the alpha on the perimeter now, and AJ Brown clearly a franchise quarterback in Drake May. You could make the case that he might be a top five NFL quarterback. If you're starting your franchise right now, He's probably gonna be one of the top five players chosen there. I like the defense. The head coach too, seems to know at least football off the field. Whatever. But but you can wax poetic here on AJ Brown and tell all the listeners and all the viewers who aren't sure about drafting AJ Brown right now as the wide receiver eight at the two to eleven. Oh, he sneaked up into the first time I've seen him in the second round. He is going on average in the second round right now, Andrew, maybe it's because of you you've been pumping this guy up.
Speaker 2: Tell us why, Yeah, RI ip the AJ Brown round four days, Yes, because that's.
Speaker 3: That's where we're getting. It was easy to stack both my.
Speaker 2: Both my FFPC teams that I've drafted got the Drake May AJ Brown stack, and I'm ready to rock with that. So not surprised that his price has gone up, because I think that the ceiling case for AJ Brown is he's a top five.
Speaker 3: Fantasy wide receiver this season.
Speaker 2: When I was going through my rankings eye and originally moved up to wide receiver eight, and then I was talking to Derek Brown again, colleague at Fantasy Bro's great friend, great Fantasy mind, and he's telling me, He's like, dude, I got him a wide receiver six Like what it's like, I got a wide receiver sixth. And I can't be the lowman on AJ Brown against a non Patriots I am also on Patriots, and you can if you can't tell from the battles of the Patriots stuff, I can't be the lowman on Patriots players, especially a guy like AJ Brown, who I loved when he wasn't even a Patriot, especially when Derek was so sound with the analysis of well, okay, so do you want Justin Jefferson with Kyler Murray's quarterback over AJ Brown with Drake May who you just talked about, like third year guy second in the MVP voting last year.
Speaker 3: Who's more going to throw forty touchdowns this year?
Speaker 2: Drake May or Kyler Murray certainly isn't Kyler Murray. So I think that when you're looking at the Patriots offense last year, a lot of it was scoring from outside the red zone. They're actually pretty poor in the red zone.
Speaker 3: So what do they do?
Speaker 2: They get AJ Brown, They get Romeo Dobs, you guys that are very big red zone presidences. The crowd opens up this offense because he can beat man coverage top five graded against man covers last year per PFF. And when the Eagles decided to actually feature him as the focal point, I think it was like weeks eleven through sixteen last year, guy would a top three Fantasy wide receiver. So I think if the planets aligned for AJ Brown and he gets used in this offense like DeVante Adams with the Las Vegas Raiders, with Josh McDaniels or even throwing it back to I love calling this guy back Brandon Marshall.
Speaker 3: Yeah, ver Broncos. Dude, there were gays. Brandon Marshall had like twenty targets.
Speaker 2: In a single game. Now does this make the Patriots win more games?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: Probably not.
Speaker 2: We saw AJ Brown like Jalen Hurts, when he would hyper target. AJ Brown didn't always create the best results for a win loss perspective. But in terms of putting up points, if the Patriots defense isn't as good as it was last year facing much tougher offenses, are they playing from behind a little bit more?
Speaker 3: I just think that the ceiling.
Speaker 2: Outcome for AJ Brown is so high as the clear cut alpha in this offense. I don't think anything from last year about his efficiency falling off, which I mean relative to the rest of the NFL wide receivers.
Speaker 3: He's still really dang good.
Speaker 2: So I think it was really more about circumstantial about Jalen Hurts and him not really being on the same page about the Eagles offense looking just straight up dysfunctional at points last year. There were points last year where they couldn't complete a pass in the second half of some games.
Speaker 3: It was crazy.
Speaker 2: I don't think that's gonna be the case with Drake May I think it's a clear upgrade, especially with how pretty his deep ball is. It's a JB wide receiver one season and actually after cocking to Derek Brown, I moved to wide receiver five. I'm like, I want this I want this guy on all my teams. Give me him in the second round. And if you tie my hat you had to tie my hands behind my back that you gottake him around one and be like sick, I'll do it, like whatever.
Speaker 3: I just think the ceiling is so high for him.
Speaker 1: The Uh yeah, I was gonna add that was my next question. If if Debro had him at six, I was.
Speaker 2: Like, I was like, no, I'm not doing it.
Speaker 1: Okay, interesting, so Brown, clearly they must have for you. We move on down the wide receiver list. A player, quite frankly that is going ahead of AJ Brown right now is Drake London UH wide receiver seven at the two to oh six. In fact, he might be yeah, he's actually London's wide receiver seven, Brown's wide receiver eight. So Brown, if he was to surpass the next person to be London, London does not have as good of a quarterback as Brown has this year. In fact, we don't know who his quarterback is going to be. In fact, we don't know if he's gonna have the same quarterback every week of the season. It's it's a very unsettled situation there with with Penix and Tongue by Loa and you know, a lot of the people I've talked to Andrew over the last couple of months, if you have London, I think most, not all, most people have said they want to see Penix in that quarterback. If they have London, they are a little bit nervous about Tongue by Loa throwing the ball in that Falcons offense as to what London is going to do to try to pay off that two oh six ADP. Is Drake London a must have for you in drafts this year?
Speaker 2: I think that being so high on A J Brown, Drake London doesn't kind of qualify as one of my must have. He's a player that I really like and the ceiling with him is a player that can enter that elite tier. He was basically doing that last season before his injury. He was the wide receiver three in points per game. So we've seen enough from Drake Lendon from a talent standpoint that, hey, this guy is the top ten real life wide receiver. That's why he's going inside the top seven of fantasy wide receivers. But if Tua his his quarterback, I just don't have a ton of faith that Tua is the best fit. The last two seasons with Michael Pennix as his quarterback, Drake London full PPR has averaged almost twenty points per game, which is like the threshold we're looking for with a difference making elite wide receiver that you want to draft in the first two rounds of your fantasy drafts. So if Tua is the start to open the year first month of the year, it's gonna be more b Jhon Robinson. Well these underneath bubble screens. So that's where I get concerned about London. It's just the quarterbacks. And this is also an opportunity to where maybe Drake London is a trade for target. When you get Michael Pennox back on center in the later portion of the year, Drake London smashes. So I think I would try again. If I'm drafting a bunch of best ball teams, I don't want zero Drake London. I want to be clear with that, because I do think that he has a ton of upside, especially Michael Penix takes over as quarterback. But to your initial point, who do you want throwing the ball to you? Drake May to or Michael Pennix? You want Drake May throwing ball And if it's close enough for me, it's like that just gets me a little bit to lean towards a J.
Speaker 3: Brown.
Speaker 2: Would also not be opposed to an AJ Brown Drake London start where I can draft both guys at you know, the one two turn if I'm not going to go running back in the first round or second round, So that's another option as well. But like Drake London, just not as much as AJ Brown.
Speaker 1: Let me ask you about Jaalen Waddle because it seems like he's building some steam lately. When the trade was made with with Miami, it seemed like most, I don't want to say most, a good number of FFPC players we're kind of drafting something would kind of go ahead some drafts. Wattle would go ahead some drafts. But now it seems like Wattle is really the guy that is going ahead of Courtland Sutton and quite frankly, if I remember correctly, I'm gonna look it up right now. I don't think it's necessarily all that close anymore. The ADP we have on Waddle is wide receiver twenty four, Courtland Sutton is wide receiver thirty eight, five oh six, and the eight to oh four, So it's basically three rounds of separation here. So Wattle, his ADP has moved up, but he's still a mid fifth round pick. Is he must have considering what this Broncos offense is going to be this year with Wattle into a player that they didn't have last year. Quite frankly, they were this close to going to the super Bowl at home in the AFC Championship game. Didn't happen because they didn't have bo Nicks. Certainly there's some weather there as well. Not that I'm you know, not praising what your Patriots did because they went out and won that game. But I think Waddle adds a new element to this offense.
Speaker 3: It was a great move by the Denver Broncos.
Speaker 2: As a Super Bowl contender, you trade for the missing piece right that gets you over the top, and I think that Waddle, if he is healthy, he can be that piece and element to this offense. That it was missing, So I think Jaalen Waddles must have this year. If you guys have followed me at Fantasy Spros, even if my days at PFF, I think I've drafted Jaalen Waddle every single year through all the ups and the downs, So it's asn't always been a fun ride, especially because he seems like he has a time share in the Blue Medical ten, which I don't like for Jalen Waddle, even though he doesn't always get hurt, he just seems like he's banged up through games constantly. But last year I think that he was really held back by the circumstances and we just didn't get the chance to see him operate without Tyreek Hill, right because the minute that terryk Kill went down, the offense just turned into this run funnel and they just didn't want to throw the ball at all downfield. And then he got banged up towards the end of the year. But he's flashed so much talent throughout his NFL career. He's won in different ways, whether it was his rookie year when he saw a ton of volume, whether it's been in years past when even alongside Tyreek Hill. He's had monster yards performances, very efficient yards per route run last year. His yards problem is still very very good. So I don't think he's falling off in his game. And now he's going offense, it's actually gonna throw the ball like that's the biggest thing. And it's not with Tyreek Hill opposite him, it's with Courtland Sutton, who I think sutton his own right as a player that's been really effective. Obviously great season last year, but at times he was losing out on targets and red zone opportunities to Troy Franklin of all players last year. So if Jalen Wattle is able to take up some of those goal line opportunities, whether it's two point conversions, whether it's red zone attempts, like that's the missing piece with Wattles they haven't really been a touchdown guy. Well, if he goes to an offense that likes to throw the ball a little bit more than they did in Miami he used more in the red zone, we already nobody can do fromn efficiency standpoint, especially with defenses not really honed in on him. As Okay, we have to stop Jayla Wall because the Denver Broncos have a lot of depth between all the receivers they use, the running backs, the tight ends. I really like Wattle this year, especially where he's going in the round five. So another year of Wattle, We'll see, uh see how it shakes out. But I'm gonna be here for the ride.
Speaker 1: If let me throw this at you. Let's imagine the offense that Mike McDaniel had in Miami with tongue bai loa, a healthy Tyreek Hill and a healthy Jalen Waddle. The situation that he's in Denver right now, how close does it come to what that one was in Miami. As far as Waddle's fantasy prospects.
Speaker 2: I think that the ceiling outcome is higher because Wattle has a chance to be the number one in Denver. I don't think that was ever going to necessarily be the case, especially with Tyreek Hill still very much in his peak during a lot of those seasons in Miami just so good still had all the speed, all the juice. I think that Sutton last year did show a little bit of a falloff in terms of well, he was the alpha, but he was kind of more of a fake alpha in terms of the other receivers were getting more involved. Think back to that playoff game, who was getting Pepper with targets Pat Bryant, Right, So, Sean Paynoy's pulls the shenanigans where we always have to focus on one guy, and I think that's still in the range of outcomes of the bad side of things, where Wattle's not a gonna see double digit targets every single week. I don't think that's necessarily the case, but I think it's he can win with efficiency and he can win with touchdowns. Like That's kind of what I'm betting on with Jalen Wattle, not that he he doesn't profile to me and he's never really profiled as oh, he's gonna be a volume hog. I think that he's just gonna do a lot of damage with the targets and opportunities he does get, even it's only by a slight margin, because we know the Broncos like to, you know, spread the love between all their players, and the fact that Champagne's not calling plays either it's gonna be Davis Webb doing it this year does help me or it reminds me to like stay a little bit more open to Denver Broncos players, because usually Cheon Payne just does everything to like piss us off and fantasy like oh I'm gonna tag this guy my joker and then to screw everybody over and not actually use it at all. So maybe with Davis webcoms shots we get maybe more of a little bit more concentrated offense, but that remains to be seen.
Speaker 1: I I know this team did not make the playoffs slash year, but they have been a stalwart in the AFC for many many years with Lamar Jackson and Jackson, by the way, probably a big catalyst of why they did not make the playoffs last year, not necessarily because of the performance, but because of injury, hobbling around, not being the Lamar Jackson that we have seen in years before this year, they they seem to be loaded for bear in that division. It seems to me that Lamar Jackson should have a big bounce back year. And they got a lot younger too. You think about Hiddener and it was a Quavis was the other tight end that they had drafted. And then the receivers Jacobe Lane, Elijah Surat all of a sudden, the Ravens skill position players are a lot younger. There are many players out there, many fantasy players myself included Andrew, that have been fading Derrick Henry to our own detriment, and I feel like Jesse Pinkman from Breaking Bad, you know the meme, like he can't keep getting away with this, and yet Dereck Henry gets away with it every single year. At some point, it's not going to be there for him. And I don't necessarily think he's the type of player where he just falls right off the cliff. I think we might see a season where it there might be a gradual season and then a cliff season. We haven't seen the gradual season yet, it could be this year. And if it is, and the Ravens are still getting back to respectability in the playoffs, wouldn't you think that a huge reason why they get back to that level of success is one Za Flowers, a player who's never lived on touchdowns. Quite frankly, I don't know if his body is built for a lot of touchdowns. But he does get a lot of catches, he does get a lot of targets, he does get a lot of yardage. Is he a must have for you this year as wide receiver? Seventeen at the four to h four in Big Gula drafts.
Speaker 3: Yes, he is a must have.
Speaker 2: I would say Jay Flowers is probably my flag plant player if we're not talking about aj Brown twenty twenty six fantasy football season. I think that he has just shown throughout three years of his NFL career a lot of checking the boxes. Last year yards Parah run who was better than Zay Flowers, Hukinnakua and Jacksmith and Jigbob those were the two guys and where are they being drafted in fantasy drafts inside the top three wide receivers. He has the talent, I think to be in that conversation with those particular players. I'm not denying that. We know he has a quarterback that can throw a ton of touchdowns. Lamar Jackson has done it before. He's one of the highest passing touchdown rates in NFL history. So it's not more well his touchdowns Ward Grass, No, like he's more than capable of doing it. I think that Jay Flowers is eons above every other receiver on this roster. I know he liked some of the rookies they drafted, but at this point, I think Mark Andrews is kind of cooked. I think that the Ravens made a big mistake by not bringing back Isaiah likely in extending Mark Andrews instead, And I think they're just bringing a new offensive coordinator in Declan Doyle at least opens up the possibilities that they use. They do use A Flowers a little bit more in the red zone. He to me, is someone that can create a lot of explosive plays. And one thing I want to note too about Jasn and how special his season was last year, he how did he achieve it was with an elite target chair and elite efficiency. Those are two things A Flowers can definitely have. But JSN last year also didn't have this Like he had a good red zone role, but he wasn't always the main red zone guy. He was actually the first receiver. Talking about receivers, because what I usually gravitate towards when I'm looking at who could be the wide receiver one overall is the wide receiver one overall. Six of the last seven Fantasy seasons has been the leader in red zone targets. Last year was an outlier, like JSN and Pukuinakua were not the main red zone guys in the NFL last year was obviously Demonte Adams, who had basically every single red zone target for every for the Rams all year long, and then Jasn was more middle of the pack, but he was still able to be a top one, top two wide receiver overall because of elite efficiency and explosive plays. What does A Flowers do? Generate a lot of explosive plays? And I was one of the first thing Decklan Doyle mentioned about when he became the offense accordion for the Ravens was we want to generate explosives. So I think with A Flowers, even if he's not seeing a ton of red zone work, I think that maybe it's just hey, well he's gonna score a lot of touchdowns from outside the red zone. I have one of those special outlier seasons where he rips off a thirty yard touchdown, he rips off a fifty yard touchdown because I know that it's in his range of outcomes because of the player that he is coming out.
Speaker 3: He was a guy that I comped to Antonio Brown.
Speaker 2: I thought that he looked a lot like Antonio Brown, a little bit undersized, but just I thought that what he could do it with the ball in his hands was spectacular, great route runner, and if you look at Antonio Brown season logs year four, dude went absolutely nuclear. And I think that that's in the in the range of outcomes for a Flowers.
Speaker 1: That gets it because I have Za Flowers on a decent number of my Dynasty teams. And if that happens this year where he does just bust out a double random, double digit touchdown season, my god, not only could that lead you to championships this year, but he might be interesting player that you could get a boatload for him after the season as well. We move on to San Francisco. We go back to San Francisco's after we were talking with Brandon Aiyuk earlier and George Kittle earlier. Mike Evans, I mean Andrew wide receiver twenty five at the five oh seven, I'm scratching my head and I'm trying to think the last time I've seen an ADP this low on Mike Evans. I don't know if there's ever been an ADP this low on Evans, even when he was a rookie, where he's slipping behind Jalen Waddle, DJ Moore, Luther Burden, Terry McLaurin and he goes to San Francisco. Now a player that I think fits their offense well and an archetype that they really haven't had in that offense in several years, maybe ever with Kyle Shanahan. There is Mike Evans a must have for you when you consider you can get him in the mid fifth round right now, my friend.
Speaker 2: I think so for me, because I think he's just gonna catch so many touchdowns in this offense. I think that's what he was built for this offense and what he's going to do. I don't think that he will we necessarily get back to a thousand yards. I think that's maybe where people are pressing pause on drafting him too aggressively, because I do think that this is a player that could start the season out really really hot, on a hot streak. I think that he could have a very DeVante adams S type of season where maybe he's not even the leading receiver on his own team, but the touchdown equity he has I think is really real and a player that I think if you draft him, especially in redraft leagues, after the first month, you're gonna be really happy. Had Mike Evans on your roster and then maybe you consider flipping him and moving away from because.
Speaker 3: You know eventually hamstring injury is gonna come.
Speaker 2: It's gonna show up at some point because it's it's annual every single year, it's gonna get after him. So I do understand why there's some pause on Mike Evans. But when I look at just like the opening schedule for the for the forty nine ers, I think he can have a really big impact, especially if George Kittle is not back, which we talked about earlier at the start of the show, where I think he's more likely miss time to start the year. I think that's where Mike Evans can really eat and face.
Speaker 1: Do you do you recall a rookie season like a mecca at Buka Andrew when you think about how white hot he got out of the gate and then seemingly and I know he got injuries played a role into it as well, but he really trickled down to where he was giving you nothing during the championship weeks, the championship sprand of the Big Gorilla in the main event last year, and now you know what do we do with him? In drafts? Well, FFPC players are taking him one slot above Za Flowers. Right now, he's wide receiver sixteen at the four h three. Certainly he doesn't have to contend with Mike Evans this year, although we've heard some really positive reports about Chris Godwin lately. Jalen McMillan's there, and they drafted Ted Hurst, not necessarily thinking that either of those guys are going to usurp at Buka's role. But I do think it's worth talking about how much they eat in to volume and targets for Agbuca this year. Is he a must have at the four h three at wide receiver sixteen.
Speaker 2: He's definitely a player that I want to draft more of because to your point about how the beginning of the season was so great for him and then he fell off in the second half of the season, when I think it's easy to justify why he fell off. He got hurt, His quarterback was clearly hurt. The Buccaneers offense was a freaking mess basically from like Week ten onward. So I think that we want to acknowledge the high highs from EGNCA at Buka. He had a rookie breakout, even though I mean because it was so good. In the beginning of the year, he was a runaway favorite for Rookie of the Year. It was locked and loaded, he's gonna win this award, and then he didn't because things just fell off so dramatically, And I think it's interesting.
Speaker 3: We talked about this some one of the Fantasy Pro.
Speaker 2: Shows where at Buka it seems like the rhetoric around him is boom or bust, like he was so boomed to start the year and then he was just a total bust to end the year. When coming out of Ohio State, what was at BUKA known for it was, Oh, this guy's gonna have a super high floor, like he's just gonna catch a hundred balls. Maybe not be the flashiest guy, but he's gonna be super consistent, which was not like what actually happened is Rookie Year. If anything, I'm more encouraged that he did flash the ceiling, like that's what I was more concerned about, because i know the floor is eventually going to be there, so I'm not concerned about the fall off in the second half of the season. I'm just happy that he flashed the ceiling because i know there's going to be a floor with him. So I think like Buka is a player that Drafters should be going after, and he's someone that I have to probably move up in my rankings to kind of catch up with ADP because I don't disagree. I think that's a really strong case for a Buka to take a major second year leap, and I know that he is also being drafted close to Luther Burden. I'm taking a buco over Burden for sure.
Speaker 1: The next player I want to talk about, and I apologize. I want to do some segues between him, but we're running short on time, and you've been so great, Andrew. I want to keep picking your brain on these players, Lad McConkie, and we'll get into Herbert in a second. But if we were too sort of because it seems like there's a lot of pass catchers in Los Angeles that we're very excited about, or we're very excited about the Los Angeeli's passing offense this year, but who to be excited about among the pass catchers With McConkie and Johnston and Trey Harris and Djoku and Bronde, Gadsden and Omari and Hampton, there's all these guys out there. Your thoughts on McConkie being a must have right now. He's sort of in that Zay Flowers at Buca area, although he's going a little bit after him wide receiver nineteen at the four h seven Baffo Huge rookie year took a little bit of a step back last year. I would imagine that the true McConkie lies somewhere in between those years.
Speaker 2: Right well, I hope it is much closer to his rookie year than what was last year, because last year was a disaster and I think that I wasn't alone in rushing off Keenan Allen as oh well, this guy's not going to be involved that much, Like he's not going to take away lads targets, and he led the team at targets last year, so that is a big deal. Right now he's on the roster. I know the GM has kind of flirted with, oh yeah, like we can bring keen Allen back. I really like him, and that's kind of disaster outcome where we have to run this offense back again with Keenan Allen potentially vacuum up a ton of targets, especially on third downs where that's where you're hoping the lad can really carve out a good, good chemistry with Justin Herbert in year three.
Speaker 3: Just really excited about this offense overall.
Speaker 2: I just think that lab McConkie fits what Mike McDaniel really does well. He puts his wide receivers in positions to succeed. We did it with Tyreek Hill, we did with Jamn Wattle. I always remember when I would look at those guys in their route participation, it was never, Oh, these guys are running a hundred percent of the routes. No, it's these guys are running seventy sixty five percent of the routes. But every time they run a route there's a reason behind it, and it's to give them the football and for them to be super super efficient. So I think Laddy gets back to his rookie year, closer to his rookie year when he was I think top ten in yards per route run, very very impressive. I like Lad a lot this year, like Justin Herbert a lot this year. So it's a stack that I'm definitely trying to draft.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I just traded Dave Koogie actually from football guys. I'm in a dynasty league with him. I just traded at twenty twenty seven first in Ty Simpson for Justin Herbert, which as super flex leagues, which I'm very excited about to see what happens. Dave is kind of like he's going for the one oh one next year, who's acquiring all this first round draft capital, which he's doing a good job of two by the way, but Herbert, I'm excited to have Lamar Jackson in that league as well, so to roll those two guys out every week is gonna be a lot of fun. We moved the tight end here, a player I had just drafted in another one of my leagues, probably because I knew that I knew some of the guys that were drafting on the end of that and I knew Likely wasn't making it back to me, and so I decided to take him. He was like tight end nine, tight end ten or whatever. Dude with this neighbor stuff and Darius Slayton recovering from surgery and them signing three off the street free agents in the same day, I feel really good about Likely. I can't remember what giants beed reporter it was, but they said that it looked like in Ota is the top two pass catchers in New York were the two tight ends in Likely and Theo Johnson. Now that's obviously without Neighbors on the field, but Likely was the guy he listed first. This is a guy you know with tight ends. You mentioned it in the first hour. You're looking for ways where these guys can get a lot of volume, and certainly Likely is a player that might be the number two pass catcher on this team even when Neighbors is healthy.
Speaker 3: Such a good pick right now.
Speaker 2: The path relevance is so clear, even if he's the number two guy when my Leagueighbors comes back. Like you said, John Harbaugh, is the biggest Isaiah Likely stand that there might be. And that matters a lot because tight end, we know it comes down to usage. It's not necessarily about talent because of how the score Fantasy points.
Speaker 3: You need to be on the field and you need to be running routes.
Speaker 2: I think that the way that they signed him to this big contract that it's the same head coach that last year before or entering his contract year, John Harbot talked about Isaiah Likely as Yeah, this guy has.
Speaker 3: An all pro type ceiling.
Speaker 2: Tight Ends often break out on their second teams and We've already seen the ceiling from Likely in games where Mark Andrews has missed. Last year, he was the one that was injured, and Mark Andrews is the one that stayed healthy, so Likely never really got going. And to insult to injury, how many touchdowns did the debt didn't count for Isaiah Likely last year? Where he's like at the one yard line and he fumbles the ball or he drops the ball or his foots out about like just that could consistently happen just to frustrate the heck out of Isaiah Likely managers. But I think that wheels are up all the way for Likely this particular season with Harbaugh as the head coach of the Giants, with neighbors banged up, he could be the number one got to start the year and then have a role as the number two as the season progresses. We're excited about Jackson dart and during his second season. Don't love Matt n Aggie to be honest, don't think that he's the greatest offensive mind. I don't love the offensive coaches they haven't placed there. But I think Isaiah Likely at least is gonna get enough routes, get enough targets to be a fantasy tight end one this season.
Speaker 1: Isaiah like tight end ten in the Big Gorilla over the last five days, right in front of Travis Kelcey, right behind George Kittle. So he's still going as a top ten tight end. But yeah, I'm I'm with you, man. I feel like I should have been drafting him more early on, but now his ADP is climbing and it's difficult to get him at the price you got him a couple of months ago. Chicka Conquo, we talked about the Washington pass catchers. This is another player that again could be the number two pass catcher there. I know there are people out there, the haters if you will, that will say if Okonko is any good, he would have shown us in Tennessee. He didn't, and now he's in Washington. He gets to catch passes from Jane Daniels Man. If they don't sign Ayuk or Stefan Diggs or Keenan Allen and they go to battle with Antonio Williams as their number two wide receiver. Chicka Conko might turn out to be a nice pick. I don't know about must have Andrew, but might turn out to be a nice pick this year if the commander's roster stays the way it is at this point. All the way up to Week.
Speaker 2: One, people are coming out Chickakonko for not being good on the Titans. With Will Levis as the quarterback who has been good on the Titans the last four years.
Speaker 1: It's a short list. It's a very short list.
Speaker 2: Chicka coon Kuo had an exceptional rookie season. He led the entire NFL a tight end in yards out to the catch perception, and then he got, what's the right way to describe this, he got screwed because the minute after he had a breakout rookie year, he was like the late round tight end Jore entering his second season.
Speaker 3: And what did the Titans do? They signed DeAndre Hopkins right. It ruined everything.
Speaker 2: So I think that A Konkuo did as much as he possibly could last three seasons fifty plus catches, has missed zero games in his NFL career, played all seventeen games all four years in Tennessee. So I think that he's not getting enough credit for what he was able to do in Tennessee despite the fact that it was always a bad quarterback situation, every single who was bad quarterback situation, So what is he supposed to do? I think that getting Jane Daniels is an immediate upgrade. Who was getting Pepper with targets last year in this offense. Zach Ertz forty five year old zach Ertz who's never broken a tackle in his entire life. Now that titan gets replaced with Chicka cong Quo, who is at breaking tackle machine. Thirty yards after the catch per reception last year, first in that category as a rookie.
Speaker 3: He's got juice.
Speaker 2: Yards after the catch is something that I love to cite when it comes to tight ends. Eric, I don't know if I talked about Tucker Craft on this show when I came on last year. I really hope that I did. But that's why I like Tucker Craft so much the last couple of years is because this dude's a monster with the ball in his hands. And I think that Chicka con Quo has shown that same type of ability as a Yak monster given the lack of established weapons behind Terry McLaurin, who I don't think is like a true alpha alpha. He's a good number one, but not like a Justin Jefferson Malik neighbor type of thirty percent target share guy. I think Chicka con Quo is another great late round type pick, and I like pairing him with another guy like you're gonna go with Isaiah like me late then draft Chicka Congo too. Draft Greg Dolsch and Chicka Konko. I like mixing and matching some of these late round guys because I think there's a lot of good options. Obviously, if they signed Stefon Diggs, it just it sucks because it feels like the Deohondre Hopkins thing all over again.
Speaker 3: But the fact that they signed.
Speaker 2: To a pretty strong free agent contract three years, twenty seven million, I like Chicken Concho's odds to stay relevant here in twenty twenty six.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: To me, that contracts suggested that they believe that Sinat Sinnet was not going to be the guy and and Ertz was probably not in their in their plans in the future, and and it just made perfect sense to go out and get a guy that that can, you know, be a competitive tight end with Jaden Daniels for the next three years or four years or whatever. We'll go rapid fire on these quarterbacks here tell me if any of these guys are must haves for you, and I'm gonna give you their ADP in the f FPC big Gorilla here Andrew when I when I recite their names, are any of these guys must haves for you? Caleb Williams quarterback six nine o three, Brock Purty quarterback twelve eleven oh seven, and cam Ward quarterback twenty three eighteen oh one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think that I'm right on the ADP with both Ward and Caleb Williams. I do have Herbert ahead of KILEB Williams, so that's the only distinction, So that would make kill Williams not necessarily qualify, but I believe in the upside with him this year. I'm not going to diswuaye anyone away from drafting Caleb Willms again. He'sranked back to back with Justin Herbert. I think he could be the qpbone overall. I know that was one of my Bowl predictions earlier this year. But when we're playing the value game, which is what I usually like to do. I mean, last year, did Drake Man was like the easiest pick in Fantasy. It was just sometimes every year you get just like really easy picks, you don't have to overthink it. Rock Purty I think is a really good value this year, particularly at the quarterback position. Look at last season he was second in passing touchdowns per game, behind only Matthew Stafford only played half a season because he miss gained with his foot injury, but I still think he has enough weapons to work with. I like the forty nine ers opening schedule. They play the Rams early New Year. Believe it's then the Dolphins and the Cardinals I think is who they play. So a pretty favorable schedule for the forty nine ers to start the year. Maybe they start three to oh. I think that Brock Prady can get it done. I think he's being just a little bit undervalued at QB twelve I have as a top ten guy. He's some of that I like, but again, must have quarterbacks. I think Justin Herbert is probably my favorite.
Speaker 1: Rams, Dolphins, Cardinals, Broncos for right, nailed it for the Niners, So good call there. You know, Jayden Daniels two years ago was the Drake May of twenty twenty five. Drake May obviously was the Jayden Daniels of twenty twenty four. Essentially, is there one of those quarterbacks this year for you.
Speaker 2: I think that Malik Willis honestly isn't getting enough love. I get that the circumstance answers for him are terrible. We already talked about all the Dolphins wide receivers. Even though I do think that Greg Dolson is a little bit better than people are give him credit for. If he's injured, it doesn't really help. However, if you were constructing a roster like this, who was the perfect quarterback to put on a team that's devoid of pass catchers. Malik Willis a guy that can make plays with his legs. I think that he just has the opportunity to run so much in this offense that he's going to end up being a low and fantasy QB won when it's all said, none kind of similar that like to Justin Fields to the extent where he has certain games where he just like flashes such a high ceiling. I do think Milik Willis might be just a little bit higher as a passer than Justin fields Is. And I mean Fields obviously had no weapons last year either. That obviously didn't work out. But I think Willis has a little bit more job security than Fields did last year. The Green Bay staff obviously knows him now in Miami, they signed him for a reason. I think he's going to probably play all seventeen games. I think he's gonna run so much in this offense, so I think by lake Willis just trust the process, trust the mobile quarterbacks, especially going outside the top twenty. If he starts all seventeen games, I think he's gonna easily crush his ADP.
Speaker 1: I got a lot of Willis's my backup quarterback this year, so we'll see how that happens. But I'm glad to hear you say it. We'll take our final break right now. When we come back. Running backs, let's talk about them. Are they targets or fades or quite frankly neither. Andrew Erickson from Fantasy Pros joins me for this last few minutes of the show. You're watching FFPC insider access here. Don't go anywhere. We bring it home with a flourish right after this.
Speaker 4: HMM main event rat racks in any event team on a best see two.
Speaker 1: Thousand dollars ent three team grand prize a million dollars. I'm lucky about one mine dollars top.
Speaker 4: Prize Main Event season is enforcing.
Speaker 1: Of have FPC Main Event, Big Gorilla, Baby Gorilla, super Flex, Bestball Tournament, Best Ball Tournament, Dynasty, Empire Leagues, chop Leagues, all going on at my FFPC dot com, my FFPC dot com. The last ten minutes or so we will spend with one Andrew Ericson from Fantasy Pros Fame. Tonight will be spent talking about running backs, targets, and fades. Here, I'm gonna go through this. We don't necessarily need to go rapid fire on this, but Andrew, you're a pro. You know what you need to say about these guys. There are plenty of people having a tough choice at the one on one. I'm I'm not sure anybody's fading Jamior Gibbs. But if you had the one on one pick, is it Gibbs over Robinson for you?
Speaker 3: Andrew, Yes, Gibbs over Robinson.
Speaker 2: And because I like the Lions in twenty twenty six way more than I like the fountains.
Speaker 1: So the other thing too with that is Atlanta's got a brand new coach and OC and like a brand new offense and everything, which might be fine for Robinson, but I always get a little squeamish when it comes to that. At least Gibbs has you know, basically the same well definitely the same quarterback, same head coach. I know Petsig's there as the OC, but I'm with you, I'd be taking Gibbs over Robinson. James Cook is a player that is going right now at fairly high I know some of that. There was some talk in the YouTube chat about him earlier, but James Cook right now running back six at the two to oh one might be his highest ADP I've ever seen. This is a guy that I expected the last couple of years to have some regression and it hasn't happened. Is it going to happen this year? Is he a target or fade for you? At that one two turn?
Speaker 3: He has a target for me.
Speaker 2: I think that James Cook has just continued to fend off the regression because he just keeps getting better. You know, can't score enough touchdowns, okay, well then he just rushes and leads the NFL rushing rds. Can't catch enough passes, Well, maybe this year he does. Because at Georgia he had no problem catching the ball out of the backfield. So I don't think that it's a a ability issue with James Cook. I love him a lot as a top five running back.
Speaker 1: Is there for anybody who's drafting in a national tournament and you're trying to find a backup, like the injury way type guy. If Cook were to go down, do you think it's a Davis Johnson split or would you like one of those guys better than the other.
Speaker 3: I think I still like Ray Davis to be that main guy. I know they like Ty.
Speaker 2: I think they just like Ty Johnson in his particular role where and maybe that doesn't change that much as a pass catcher, someone that they trust in passcro But we've seen Ray Davis. I think maybe his rookie year where he got a chance to really start in a game and he flashed big time upside.
Speaker 3: So I do actually leenhard Ray Daves.
Speaker 2: Ray Davis is actually one of my favorite handcuffs to draft because although I do really like James Cook this year, I do want to acknowledge that the regression may come for the Bills, not in the form of his production, but Bills were very healthy on offense last year. The offensive line was very healthy last year, so that's something talking about getting squeamish that I always trying to keep in the back of my mind with those types of trends don't tend to stay year over year. I just asked the really healthy twenty twenty four Baltimore Ravens how things shaped up in twenty twenty five.
Speaker 1: I know how you're going to weigh in on this, but Chase Brown has moved up to running back nine at the two to ZHO five and there are people out there. I think you're one of them wondering why he's going that low.
Speaker 2: Chase Brown is so teed up to just absolutely smash this season. It's so comical to think how little he's being paid because he's a former fifth round draft pick. He's making less money than Emmanuel Wilson ra Shad White. It's it's pretty bonkers. But it's a contract year for Chase Brown, and after this season, he's going to get paid, whether it's the Bengals but somebody else. Three down skill set, top ten running back in the second half of last year when Joe Burrow came back. We all want pieces of this offense, and yet we don't think that Chase Brow would be a tophig run back. I think that he really much can so give me Jase Brown improved every single year of his career, great in pass pro receiver out of the backfield. Joe Burrow loves him. The head coach, Dac Taylor loves him. I think that this is like the Kyrien Williams thing all over again, where it's like, ah, like, should we buy into it? He's a Day three pick? Should we buy into it? A Day three pick? And then by the time you just like finally buy into it's too late and he's already just continuing to smash.
Speaker 3: So let's go.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm I'm with you. I have him on a bunch of dynasty leagues and hopefully he if he gets a massive contract in the offseason. You know, he helped your fantasy team this year. Mamari and Hampton, we talked about the Chargers before. What's exciting to me is is Alton Slater are healthy now, and yeah, McDaniel comes in and and uh, they bring in Keaton Mitchell, which I think is more. Uh he's the speed guy, right, He's definitely faster than Hampton. But this offense should be really good and in Hampton it should be the Bell Cow there is he would would he ride to a target Moniker for you?
Speaker 3: And drafts this year one hundred. I think that he has a lot of upside this year.
Speaker 2: And I think that Hampton is another player that when you look at the early season schedule for the Los Angeles Chargers, Cardinals, Raiders, Bills, can you name a better setup for a running back than those three defenses. You may not be a lever in Omaron Hampton, but if he's gonna smash the first three weeks of the season, then you can trade him for literally anybody. You should probably draft that guy. So Omaron Hampton. I know some people are concerned about Keaton Mitchell. I'm not really concerned. I just want this Chargers offense in every which way, Like I just I'm upsessed. It's probably unhealthy, but especially because it's the Chargers who are as Adam in the chat is pointing out a curse franchise. I would say they've been less cursed since Harbaugh arrived there, but still a very curse franchise.
Speaker 1: Most losing the two tackles last year.
Speaker 3: That was, Yeah, that was the curse last year.
Speaker 1: And you know, wasn't it Wasn't it something in the effect of like like a alt was hurt and then he came back, and then Slater went down, and then all went down. You know, it's just and then Trey Pipkins.
Speaker 3: Was like, oh my god, that guy. That guy should not be anywhere near football. All right.
Speaker 1: We move on to Kenneth Walker here too, a guy who struggled with injuries, but he has not struggled with making big explosive plays for Seattle. He finds himself in Kansas City this year an offense uh kind of in in transition, right, we see, you know, Travis Kelcey sort of on his way out. We don't know what to expect with Raschi. Rise should be a nice bounce back season for Xavier Worthy, but outside of that, you know, this might be a team that wants to run the ball as much as they can.
Speaker 3: I think they're gonna have to.
Speaker 2: I think that Ken Walker's gonna get everything that he wants and more in terms of volume in the Chiefs offense to open the year. And it's just a matter of can he hold up Another player that I think if you draft came in a redraft format, maybe it's someone that you put on the block knowing that Hey, maybe he isn't always a player that is loaded up with touches. However, I think that he's just such a perfect fit in the Chiefs offense. I think that even if his efficiency isn't great to start the year, I think he makes up for it in volume. And then as Mahomes kind of gets his legs under him coming back from his ACL injury, maybe Walker they take a little bit of the load off of him if they were trying to make a playoff run. But then you see that efficiency resurface because we know how good he is your death to contact, we know how how good he is effective at forcing mistackles, and everyone talks about again except Chris Collinsworth ken Walker is a good receiver. Okay, Like it was such a stark comment he made during the super was like, this guy can't catch pass like Chris. Yes, he can, Like, come on, like he can catch pass. Like he's not going to pass bro Like that's true. But he can clearly catch pass out of the backfield. So I'm excited about Cam Walker.
Speaker 1: Uh, Javonte Williams. Is he being underdrafted right now? FFPC players are not taking this dude until running back seventeen at the three to eleven despite an un believable season last year on a really good offense.
Speaker 2: I think Jamonti Williams is going later than he did his sophomore year when it was Jamontay Williams versus like Melvin Gordon as in the Denver backfield.
Speaker 3: He's coming off a monster season.
Speaker 2: I get that it kind of tailed off towards the end of the year, but still cumultively plays on one of the best offenses that we feel about. He's only twenty six years old. He got paid by the Dallas Cowboys. I think we're kind of overthinking it here with Javonta. I think that he is when you're looking at who you can get, is your RB two Getting him that late he's kind of one of my like javonte A, chan Brice Hall, those guys you can get at your RB twos, Like that to me is just kind of like, Wow, there's a lot of value here with even like I know we talk about like some of these top tier running backs at the top of the draft. We love these guys, but there's a lot of depth going down the board here in this RB two range where I feel like there's RB one upside with guys like Travis ah Chan and Brisaw and Javonta Williams who did it last year.
Speaker 1: Last thing going to wrap up with and this is a news thing. Andrew Cameron wolf would go back to his reporting for the NFL Network. He said that the Panthers had expectations of Jonathan Brooks potentially being the number one running back in Carolina this year over Toba Hubbard, which just seemed like they just paid last year or whatever it was the year before. Wolfe also said, obviously Brooks has to be healthy enough to do this, but there is this ground swell of Jonathan Brooks and it's been growing since January and FFPC drafts. Brooks, you know, went from being like a late round flyer to running back thirty four in the seventh round right now, Andrew, how do you feel about him at that price tag?
Speaker 3: It's getting pretty steep, to say the least.
Speaker 2: I thought I was high on Jonathan Brooks my initial rankings, and I look at his Adpm'm like, oh no, Like I'm.
Speaker 3: Following behind it right here.
Speaker 2: So I think there's a point where we started gaining control because he does have to prove it at some point. But I, if anything, this makes me want to fete you be Hubbard, like I can't draft. So even if you're not drafting Jonathan Brooks at this price, this should terrify you of Chuba Hubbard because he already lost his once last year Rico Dawbell, zero explosive runs last year, and not a very good pass catcher. So I think it makes sense that the Panthers are open to the idea of, like, yeah, we want Jonathan Brooks because we think that he can be more explosive.
Speaker 3: Is he's healthy. He's only twenty three years old.
Speaker 2: He took Troopa Hubbard off the field and passing situations the last time we saw these guys both healthy in the lineup.
Speaker 3: We know that Hubbard's not that's not his game at yards.
Speaker 2: Barrout run has always been very low throughout most of his career, and the last two seasons Truop Hubbard has broken down. So I think that Jonathan Brooks is gonna have a big role in this offense. Maybe it's a little bit more muddled than we'd like to expect, but if the Panthers are trying to open up a little bit more in the passing game. Maybe you do see a little bit more from Jonathan Brooks catch pass out of the backfield. So again, if I you're making me pick up Panther's running back, I'm gonna take Jonathan Brooks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think you know you talk about the price tag. I'm still kind of like like I'm on the fence right there. But man, if he gets to be like an early seventh round pick, I might be out on Brooks at that point just because of the health thing. You know, this is a guy that's had so many issues and we're talking about soaking an early seventh round pick. And I don't know if that's for me. I know it is for me. Conversations about Fantasy football with one Andrew Rickson at Andrew Rickson Underscore. Remind us again, is this every Monday or every other Monday you're doing Best ball streams with Tom Strachen.
Speaker 2: I have your other Monday Best ball stream with Tom Strachen, but every other content that you can think of on the fantasy pro side, betting pro side of things. Our Draft kit is gonna be releasing next week, so we're gonna have some more articles for that. So I have my player targets up now my perfect Draft, which is more of just like a choose your own adventure of a million different scenarios because it's June and I don't really know exactly what my perfect draft is going to be in August, but I kind of paint the framework of Okay, here's what I'm thinking. It's really long, but I think it's really fun for you, die hard. You're looking for something to read that'll be dropping next week as well, So just really excited. Man.
Speaker 3: I know it's June, but we're talking fantasy. What else would you rather be doing?
Speaker 1: Nothing to quote Jim Harbaugh, who's got it better than us, No nobody. Fantasy Pros Betting Pros is where you can check out Andrew Ericson's content. Fantasypros dot com at X excuse me x dot com, Slash Andrew ericson Underscore is where to go there. Everything that he is producing and check out is x feed as well. This is always fun, man. We'll have to do it again real soon. Keep up all the great work, be good and enjoy the rest of the drafting season.
Speaker 3: Thanks brother.
Speaker 1: That is Andrew Ericson from Fantasy Pros, and that will complete our show tonight. Want to remind everybody to check out the FFPC main event, Big Gorilla Best Ball Tournament, Super Flex Bestball Tournament, Baby Gorilla Dynasty Startups, Empire Dynasty Startups available at my ffpc dot com, along with chop leagues with the FFPC my ffpc dot com. We'll be back at seven o'clock PM next Thursday night. I'll let you know what's going on with that when I know. I'm still working on trying to put something special together. But regardless, we will have a show at seven o'clock on Thursday. High Stakes Fantasy Football Hour will not air on Wednesday. We will not have extra reps next week. Why because we are covering a live FFPC Big Gorilla Draft at ten pm Eastern Time next Friday, June nineteenth, So make sure you're checking that out. There are spots still available in that I believe. I don't think it's full yet. Look it up at my ffpc dot com. We just don't have the time to do it right now. But if their spots still available, pop in there. We'll send you a link to the stream. Maybe you could pop on and make a few picks live on the air. That's always fun as well. That does it for our show. For Andrew Ericson, I'm Eric Walkman. This has been FFPC Insider Access. We'll talk with you again next Thursday. Everybody for more FFPC insider accent