Speaker 1: Broadcasts live from the frozen tundra of iHeartMedia's Raleigh studios. There you go so so like if you you know, when you're in a really really tall building, a lot of times the windows on the upper floor, like you can't open the windows. I don't, I don't. I don't think that any of the windows have been openable the entire time I've worked in uh in Raleigh on even when we were on the other floor, I don't know that any of the windows have ever been openable. But they're doing some renovations and like they're just gone. So it's uh, you can wind tunnel things.
Speaker 2: You come in every day and there's like, you know, new new progress of the construction they're doing here in the seventh floor, but right and there's big signs that say, hey, don't go in this area because it's a construction area. You need to wear like this and that and this and if you go in here, dude, you're gonna die. So so I read that sign every morning and I'm like that sounds like fun, and I just go see with that, and I go in the area. I just want to see the progress that's going on, you know, And I avoid any giant Pitzer holes, or wires coming on the walls that are sparkling, or you know the dangers that can be in a construction zone. But one of them, there was one. Yesterday there's a ginormous open window in the seventh floor with like a makeshift AC unit in it. And today there's two other windows that are open and it's freezing, and I'm surprised, like a bird or something hasn't flown in.
Speaker 1: Dude, Dude, I did I ever tell you we had a bat go crazy in the studios in Minneapolis or Minnesota it worked up there would be amazing, dude, So they were, they were. They opened one of the ceiling panels and a bat came out. And I love this story so much because I'm in You know, most radio studios are set up where sales is one side of the building and you got studios and programming on the other. Every every studio, every group I've ever worked for, same deal. And the bat, it's right in the middle. It comes out and the bat makes a choice. The bat's like, I'm gonna go see what's going on in sane And you can't see there's a little mini hallway, but all of a sudden, I hear what sounds like a terrorist attack in sales, and I saw the bat literally come out of the thing. I was like one of three people just happened to be in the right place at the right time. I saw that back come out. I see a book down the hallway and then there's a blind turn and within moments I hear women screaming, and so now I'm in like I got to catch the bat mood because I don't know, guys, this is what we do. And the funniest thing greeted me when I got over there. We had a saleswoman named Robin I won't give your last name, who is one of the streamers who is standing on her desk because of a bat. She's standing on her desk because of the bat. I think you're processing why that's a terrible strategy if you're attempting to avoid you know, bats. So I ended up getting them with a box at a broom and then dumping them outside.
Speaker 2: Happened to us here too, and I everyone was panicking, right and oh yeah, crashed down and the bats surrounded me and like a whirlwind, like a like a tornado type thing. Because you were scared of them. Initially, Initially I was terrified of them. They were my biggest fear. But what ended up happening was I became vengeance. Oh wow, And I became a creature of the night, and I found that person that stole my award and I did what I had to do.
Speaker 1: You mentioned this the other day, but not the origins.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and this music from Christopher Nolan came through. It was inspiring. Is there a group of people who fear you? You know, I would say all of the people in in the night that I take vengeance upon. I don't want to talk about it.
Speaker 1: Lot bottled up there considering you know, all that you've been through.
Speaker 2: Now I'm not.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well what happened to your parents at the play? And then you got to right, I remember you got arrested for stealing your own stuff.
Speaker 2: This is bro.
Speaker 1: That's peak China.
Speaker 2: They're like, now, like your a thief.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's just like intellectual property from tech companies with widgets. All right. So I tried, so tried. I tried to commit myself to watching again the litany of UH confirmation hearings yesterday, Bondies, Rubios, the CIA guy. It doesn't matter. I didn't watch that one because they're just overlapping and it's clear. It's clear that no matter who it is up there, it is we are one hundred percent not going to be having qualification discussions or how do I say? Everything's a trap? Right, everything's about boxing in and this is not new, but it didn't used to be. It was like it was like a secondary quest okay, right, it used to be you're going through the process and you're asking difficult questions and yeah, there's a partisan nature there, but you know, you couldn't you couldn't accuse people of running rape congo lines and and all of these things and along the way if you're able to box them in on something like oh, will you commit to this? Which is why I want to point out, which is why every nominee now is one hundred percent programmed to not get into things right, so you don't get any insight, you don't get a deeper understanding. A lot of it is on faith, and it is because it's a you know, it's trapped. If you can get a can if you can get a candidate but an appointee that you're deliberating over, if you can get them to commit to something right and and you know of something that is coming up that you and your party are going to be pushing through legislatively or attempting to or this thing you're doing or whatever it is, where if you can at least get them on the record, you can sew a lot of discord and distrust and accuse them of being a big fat lie, like you got that in your pocket. And when you set out, is that's your goal, you get the kinds of hearings that we're having right now, or it's not serious, it's it's Mazy Herono from Hawaii.
Speaker 3: Again, as part of my responsibility to ensure the fitness of all nominees, I asked the following two initial questions. First, since you became a legal adult, have you ever made unwanted requests for sexual favors or committed any verbal or physical harassment or assault of a sexual nature?
Speaker 1: All right, So, if you don't know who she's asking that of, and I just mentioned you know, Rubio and Bondy and Ratliff. That was the other one, and there's a couple others, it's probably not the one you think she's asking.
Speaker 3: Let's hear no, Senator, have you ever faced discipline or entered into a settlement relating to this kind of conduct.
Speaker 1: Senator, all right, so why is herono asking that? Well, One, she's asking it because she's still taking swipes at Hegseth. Two, you think a lot of people blow off Pam Bondy if she's blown up their dms. Also, if I, if I just want to approach this from a pure animalistic nature, right, if Bondi is is committing the unwanted stocking, I'd be very surprised. Mostly could that it wouldn't be reciprocate because dudes are dudes. But all right, whatever, But it's just such a weird question. But at least she's not screaming it like yesterday, although her whole delivery is very grating. So I'm not gonna I'm not gonna go through you know a lot of the gotcha. You know, Bondi had some good her Her key exchange was with Adam Schiff. But it's over there. It's like it's like seven it's like seven minutes long, and it's just where she knew obviously shifts not a yes vote, and he was he was doing that thing where he's trying to like box her in. He's trying to box her in on things like pardons. She doesn't have. She doesn't make the decision on pardons. Okay, she can advise. And I think Adam shift that he found himself something cute where he's like, oh, if you promise you're gonna review those, then you have to promise that Biden or Trump's not gonna pardon on day one. She's like us, he's the boss, and he's the one that does pardons. We don't do pardons. It was all dumb, and then she finally's like, weren't you censured for this stuff? So I think he I think he is going to be a no vote. But uh, you know, for the most part, it was just more of the same and I'm I'm not gonna beat you to death with it. Today we got bigger fish or more interesting fish, just different fish to fry Man like, that's the Supreme Court hearing the uh uh the Israel uh guaza thing that Joe Biden was able to get done the last minute with all on his own apparently. I mean, there's a lot of big stories breaking yesterday, and this James O'Keefe thing is who they've already fired the dude. But just firing this dude. If you don't know what it is, I'll play the audio if you don't know, Like just firing the dude. Who's the dude in the video who thought he was going to get lucky and instead he's going to get a pink slip telling you man, like the number of people in DC that are just desperate for love man, which is you know people go, well, you know, keep doing it this way. It's just you know who else does it that way? China, Russia.
Speaker 2: I mean the latest guy that they got. I was laughing this morning because it was straight out Okay, it's everything we say in the show, all everything, and this guy is like Peter Griffin.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 2: This guy's like, I'm a spy Lois.
Speaker 1: For a moment he thought he was a spy. Is punching way out of his weight class man.
Speaker 2: There's even one of the cuts that were loaded in where he laughs at the end, and I swear not only does he look like Peter Griffin, but he laughs like Peter Griffin. He does like a little like chuckle.
Speaker 1: Wow, Peter Griffin needs a new job. Okay, we'll we'll well, we'll definitely get into all this. All right, let me do this at six eighteen. We'll take a break, be right back. Hang on, all right, you want you guys want to hear Peter Griffin. You want to you wanna hear what's going on. And now I will point out we're gonna laugh at this dude, because you'll figure it out real quick. But what he's saying, what he's saying sounds a little treasony. I don't know, ross treasony. Little treesony come across. Baby, It's hard to get through when you're listening to him do that, and you're like, dude, was it a trees and room? And I don't say that lightly.
Speaker 2: I'm in this skiff, lois.
Speaker 1: Excuse me, a trees and skiff and the trees and skiff is bad? All right, Okay, here we go.
Speaker 4: And I work at this uh top consulting firm uh and my.
Speaker 1: Flying is the Pentagon, So I'm embedded in the Pentagon.
Speaker 4: I work in the Joint Staff, which is the top military command. Once you lost, I went into the intelligence community, and I became an FBI special agent, so I became a spy hunter. So I was a counterintelligence agent special agent at the FBI.
Speaker 2: What's your overall assessment of truck.
Speaker 1: He's a sociopathic narcissist.
Speaker 4: He's only interested in advancing his name, his wealth, and his fame.
Speaker 1: By the way, there's something really really funny that this dude says that right after going, hey, babe, you know what I am the FBI, I was a spy catcher, blah blah blah. Like he he could have said he worked for the intelligence and then kept talking, but no, he laid it out there. Man.
Speaker 2: Especially an he stare at the camera talking to this woman looking like, you know, he just came from the cosplay convention.
Speaker 1: Uh huh, Yeah, you're staring at who's the who's the guy?
Speaker 5: Jo? Is his name?
Speaker 1: Jamie Menina? Menina? Menina, Jamie Menina? All right, continue, Peter Menina.
Speaker 2: Is there anything you can do to like protect American people from the stuff that you might try to do?
Speaker 4: I'm in conversation with a couple of little while retired generals.
Speaker 3: To try to explore what we can do?
Speaker 1: Is it which what? What? What generals tell me?
Speaker 2: More?
Speaker 1: And and that's the other thing too, Like the way that the O'Keefe operatives dig for info should like if you're a if you're an intelligence guy, right, like, it raises red flags me just watching this thing, going like, are you what are you doing to? Like clearly she's asking some really weird questions man for a first date, and you're a you're somebody who's like who just bragged about being able to, you know, undermine operatives and stuff. So what's going on? The insurance General General Mills, who is one two or three star general you probably.
Speaker 6: Know maybe four stars.
Speaker 4: So I also have a big day tomorrow, probably the biggest today of all.
Speaker 1: So you have this huge, huge meeting.
Speaker 4: With military leaders, uh in a in a very secure room called the tank.
Speaker 1: So we have a tank.
Speaker 4: Meeting that uh like all of the top top leaders say military tomorrow on my my topic that I prepared.
Speaker 2: I think it went well, Sens.
Speaker 4: You keep it between us.
Speaker 1: The Peter Griffin Pentagon spy skiff Master a little undercover audio here in a moment, because even though the whole situation is completely mockable, it's also really serious what he's claiming. And you know, like most of these most of the time people are making claims and they're doing so in a romantic setting. So it would you know, I don't know if you guys know this. There are some people out there that, when they're trying to get in the romantic partner's pants, let's say, have been known to say things that are in fact not true in an attempt to I'm sorry, but yeah, I'm allergic to not telling the truth is this is literally what it does to me, or you know, just something I'm allergic to it. I have no idea what it is, so you always have to couch it with that, which also gives people wanting to push back on it to you know, a way to kind of just go, well, look, the guy was he's an idiot because they fired this dude already. He's dumb. He's just trying to hook up with them. And no, none of that's true. But the problem is he's making very specific allegations. So uh, let's let's dive a little deeper here. There should be something that's pretty checkable, even though it took place reportedly in a skiff excuse me, the tank, but an unnecessary what an unnecessary detail there too, too, Uh, just the whole thing. Man. All right, let's let's get back to our our would be lover. I became an FBI special agent. So I became a spy hunter.
Speaker 7: You're a spy hunter, you said, Well, I'm a spy hunter, but I'm evidently a better spy hunter than you. Jamie Manreina describes how he met Hillary Clinton in the mid two thousands when he was here at George Washington University pursuing a master's degree. He then followed Hillary Clinton to the State Department, where he worked.
Speaker 1: This person I met in college, he was Hillary Clinton.
Speaker 2: So I met her in college and I worked for her since college, and.
Speaker 4: Then when she became Secretary of State, I followed her to the State Department and that's how I worked there. And then she almost won again right in twenty sixteen.
Speaker 7: So after Jamie Manerina worked for Hillary Clinton, he then became a special agent here at the FBI to in his words, catch Russian spies because according to Jamie, he's a spy hunter who specializes in counterintelligence.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so now he's not, he's it was a booz Allen Hamilton was employer was contracted from. Yes, Yeah, so he was under contract from Booz Allen Hamilton. But what what you have to what what he's talking about? And I think it's probably a good idea to get some more details. Is a bunch of Pentagon big wigs, including some I guess retired. A lot of these retired guys still are briefed and and do advisory stuff, just kind of like like the OLCOID president. They'll keep them up on matters too. That's one of the reasons why we brief incoming too, to get him up and running. So there's a lot of people that still get intelligence briefings, even though they may not be day to day service. So you know, you're getting the you're getting the Hall of Fame class there, and they're sitting in a skiff trying to figure out how operationally they can undermine the president, the incoming president. How does how does that not quality? Even even if you don't need to go full Rosenberg on stuff, How did how does that? How's that? Okay? That's that? Look. I don't know if you saw what happened with the Tulsi Gabbard and a couple of the others folks hearings which were supposed to because that's why I was confused with Gabbert's. I thought Gabber was supposed to go right away, and then she didn't and then I figured it out after the show. Apparently the FBI, and I'm not making up the name of the other thing, the Government Ethics Office, by they forgot to do some of the screening and turn in the paperwork. Whoopsie, so like they didn't have that stuff and then they couldn't schedule the hearing because they didn't have this stuff. I think on the Government Ethics Office, they just flat out didn't do it their portion of the background part of it, because it's they prepare and tandem a report on them and then you know, they they give it over to the senators there and then they use it to slice and dize their opponents. But they didn't do it for uh uh for for like three of the nominees. Whoops, I I I don't I do, I do not understand what is a higher priority than having national security apparatus and and leadership in place? Next week considering right now, like the headlines yesterday with the Israel Gaza cease fire and will released some hostages and then everyone jocking over who made it happen? Yeah, except for I do in the State Department kind of gave some Trump some credit, even though Biden took all the credit. It was just a really weird day on that stuff. But the people within the government look like they just chose not to do this because they don't like Tulsi. Tulsi really rubs them the wrong way. I was actually surprised that when they when Trump was announcing the amount of vitriol that came came her way. I don't know what. I don't know what to think her expecting. I'll be honest with you, but they hated her and so to undermine the ability because it's childish, right like, eventually you go ahead and get it done. And it's I can't decide if it's death spasms of you know, deep state death spasms, or it's just how they are going to band together to fortify because you know, you got an animal backed into a corner. I used to have a couple of traps. I don't know if any of you guys ever do any trapping. The only times I've ever almost been significantly injured in like a hunting fishing game scenario is uh, but you get a bobcat in a trap. You've never seen something with so much fight in it, so angry man like, that's it's like trapping sounds like an okay idea until you have to deal with an animal and a trap, and especially an animal like that. And if they honestly think that Kash Patel and Marco Rubio and Pete hag Seth and Tulsi Gabbard and and a handful of others are actually going to come in and try to purge some of the rot, what do you have to lose? You're just all the stuff, the little stuff. This isn't stealing the w keys on the White House computers ahead of George Bush coming in. All right, that's funny. They were in a damn box there. They got him, They put the keys back.
Speaker 2: Whatever.
Speaker 1: This is real obstruction, real obstruction. Do you remember do you remember during Trump's first term when they lied to him about the number of troops that were where was it in Syria? It was somewhere, And then they bragged about lying to him. And Millie's the one who lied to them, and uh one of the other, one of the other generals. They lied to them. They bragged them, they they bragged about lying to him. And I remember, I remember that was one of the because it was early on and I was it was blown away because of all the stuff we had seen to that point, it struck me as the most dangerous and because what how what what do you do if? What if there's what if there's a threat the president's being briefed on and it's a threat that could impact those troops and he doesn't know they're there, and he makes a decision that then puts them in harm's way unnecessarily. Right, there's a there's a thousand scenarios by where withholding knowledge knowledge like that could I could get people killed injured, or it could it could escalate a conflict that you don't want to escalate where you're trying to be proportional, but now because there's a troop presence, it's now more than proportional. Do you understand what I'm saying? And so if you have top Pentagon folks getting into a skiff and bringing back some oldies, you know, some retired folks and actually having a meeting like this guy's claiming, it tells me they're they're very scared about what's coming all of the you know, I I hope, I hope they're very scared that's coming and that malfeasans will be uncovered it heads will roll. Maybe we'll figure out. You're not going to know everything where the money goes because there's a lot of stuff there. Understandably, you're not gonna have details on what's that? What's that big? Was it? Oakridge? Oakridge, Tennessee? Do you guys know what that is? If you like conspiracy theories, there's a lots surrounding it. There's a lot of government stuff that goes there. You know, people live there, and it was it was the heart of the manufacturing for the for the atom for for when we were developing the atomic bomb, right, and then you had obviously you had down in New Mexico. But what wasn't most of the work being done intent I'd have to go back and check it. Admittedly I can't remember the percentages, but like you see that on a spreadsheet, the budget on that thing's crazy, and you get a sense of what's going on there. She's never gonna know. I what has driven them into a room into a skiff to sit around and figure out how to undermine the incoming president.
Speaker 2: I mean, there's a part of me that thinks this guy is just full of crap, trying to sleep with this date. Yeah, That's why I lead with that, right right, I mean she's just looking at the guy. I mean, like you said, straight up, look at the thumbnail that is Peter Griffin talking to this. I mean she sounds like a hot, attractive female about I'm a super spy hunter meeting with the generals and this skiff and I'm doing and everything is bragging about his career and his resumes. I think this guy is full of it, I think.
Speaker 1: But that's why I brought up the bragging about lying to Trump about troops, meaning people within the Pentagon.
Speaker 2: Did it. They already did that completely, Like like I do think there are groups of people who are against the president one thousand percent. He came out with a list of people recently they said like, hey, I'm not gonna hire or work with any of the people that worked with these people. And there was a list of like general I like Milly was on it and Madison was on it. Right, So I understand that they're taking precautions and there's reason to do so. But when it comes to this individual guy, I think he's full of crab. I think he's bragging just to try to bag this girl.
Speaker 1: That's what he's saying yeah, and again that's why I want. I wanted to point that out, and then I wanted to point out the line knowing about troops thing because it makes me, it makes me, it makes me unsure where to settle.
Speaker 2: This guy seems like he's this has been an ongoing joke on this show for now, for like years, how everybody that sits down and gets gets you fooled by James o'keefh All's well, James o'keef sometimes is sitting across from them wearing like the the Marx Brothers Honises with the nose and the mustache, and they go, are you James o'keeve and he goes, no, not James o'keef. God yeah. And it's the same thing in this video where this guy's like, hey, you're not You're not, like, you know, like a spy, right Lois, And the girl's like, no, I'm not one. No, I'm not gonna post this on my social media. Tell me all your secrets. And he's like, hey, okay, just.
Speaker 1: What was the what was what class was everybody's pay grade in this meeting? And I need all the eyes.
Speaker 2: I would like to think that that if you're a person. And not to say they're all like super geniuses, but like if you're looking Edward Snowden, because he worked for the same company this Booz Hamilton, right Boots Allen, like he's he worked for the same company before he he came out and made his accusations and ended up fleeing and hiding and rush or whatever.
Speaker 1: Well, Booze Booze is one of these companies that does every They're just like a super government.
Speaker 2: Remember everything. Snowden was working with them in Hawaii at the time it came out during the Bomba administration, right, so when it came out, and I would like to think people that work for these companies are smarter than this guy is in the video, Like where You're gonna sit Gray, you would hope that these guys aren't really gonna show.
Speaker 1: I want them, I want them to be right.
Speaker 2: Let me, let me spill all of our dirty secrets in front of you, a complete stranger I just met on the internet, like you're Eric Swallwell and Fang Fang.
Speaker 1: But there are there are countless examples through history of people who just said sometimes it was yea and sometimes it was just because they were dumb during the quote during the Cold Wars, a couple of big examples where people were running their mouth and it literally caused huge problems.
Speaker 2: No, no doubt. Historically, speaking, attractive females have been the downfall of many quote smart strong you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was East German East German honey traps that would come over and essentially were able to weasel their way in to figure out where they were bringing people over the Berlin Wall because guys were like, you're so hot, you want to you want to sleep with me? Sure? Yeah, hey, let me tell you about this thing.
Speaker 2: Guys historically can be super dumb when it comes to this stuff. Agreed, Yeah, but I would they're not as dumb as this guy. You would hope.
Speaker 1: I just I you know what, after a cosumous job and everything else, I mean, I hope you got a kiss or something something. Yeah, right, you think you went dodg er do you have to? That's the real thing. Probably you probably paid for it too. That's the thing that would cheese me because I'm out of a job and I didn't get you to split the check because you didn't really want to be on a date. That's a speaking of people, losing their job. Ross, did you are you aware of all of the details now surrounding that insane Philadelphia Eagles fans screaming at the woman in the packers garb.
Speaker 2: I've heard like updates here and there. I know he was working in hospitality before he got fired. For me in the JA he was.
Speaker 1: Working in hospitality.
Speaker 2: What was he working in?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 2: Oh, that was the latest I read like two days.
Speaker 1: I think of the most insane and ironic field you can think of. And I will tell you when we returned on the CaCO Day radio program. Some some more obscure nerd news, but you know everything, there's so much incorporated in what's going on, obviously with the inauguration less than a week away, and everything is happening in California with the fires and a lot of celebrities you know obviously up in that and uh with with TikTok did I? I have to admit I avoided successfully finding out what this? What is the what's it? What's the other platform? Read something or other where the TikTok kids are going. But it's even more under the thumb of the Chinese government. So if you post anything that says like Taiwan's a country or anything, lgbt Q pl whatever, any of that. They just delete your account, so like it's a mess. And then it gets crazier because like Elon indicating by TikTok and then mister Beast. So we'll pick Steven's brain on all of this. Okay, all right, let me let me put the kapper on this, this Philly dirt bag story. So the guy got fired. The fact that he works at a DEI consulting firm is hilarious when he's sitting there screaming calling this woman an ugly sword repeatedly. But uh, and it was one of those guys from barstool. Actually that's where I read this story. So good on them doing some journalism and the the fiance of the woman, right, because let's be honest. If you're at a sporting event or if you're anywhere and you're with your girl and some random dude is to her face calling her a CNX Tuesday, how long? How much longer is that going? I'm not saying you have to punch the person.
Speaker 2: That actually happened here. I'm sorry I told that story before in the past. I know, I think I have on the show where I was at like rarely a station event, and you had like a younger dude, Yeah, y off On Marquee and a and an intern we had here and he was dropping the sea bomb and he threw a drink in one of her and I backed the dude into the corner and told him I was going to like just punch, like I yeah, you need to stop right now, dude.
Speaker 1: You can usually check guys like that. I give back to a guy at a bar one time, who is who was? He got physical with the waitress because he thought that she was overcharging him, and me and my buddy stood up. Yeah, and you don't hit him, but he's against the wall and his whole demeanor right backed him into the corner and I'm that was a tiny dude then then, But it was like he stopped and I actually that your girl, man, that's my whole life. And I'm like yeah, and her friend And I actually felt really bad about it when I got back to because it kind of caused a scene at the event, and actually ended up writing a letter to like the sales manager at the time, and I was like, hey, apologize and he's like, you've nothing to apologize. For right, Yeah, was he did he work at the station?
Speaker 5: Ah?
Speaker 1: Yes, Oh I think I've heard you tell the remdence. I don't know all the details of this story, so, but like, what was weird about this videos? He's like, he kept going say it again, say it again, and then she would look over and im film it, and I'm like, what is So her fiance is like an upstart influencer. So he's got you know, he's got a YouTube channel. Yeah, he does some twitch streaming. I think he's got a link for something anyway, and this dude realized that the whole situation was probably potentially viral. So rather than being like, what are you doing, you know, in a more aggressive manner than hey man, so why don't you say that again? It's it's he writes something that it's happening. He posts that it's happening prior to the video, so he's clear. So this thing is ongoing and he decides to go ahead and film it. But what needs to happen is his girl's got to suffer more verbal abuse. And so when you watch the video in that context, you realize that she's making sure he's she's like because she's looking where he's filming, her eyes go there a couple times, and she doesn't really push back. She kind of also goads the dude to say it again, I'm not I'm not saying that this Philly guy is not a worthless piece of garbage, but it. He then does the films the video and immediately promotes it across his channels and then starts to go fund me. So I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: So he's sitting there while it's going down, and he's like calculating in his head and he's like, I can make I can profit off this abuse of my followers and get some followers and some clicks and you know, some donations to a GoFundMe. That's all.
Speaker 1: Just have to let my fiance be humiliated.
Speaker 2: Awful.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right, So, like I said, there's not a lot of and frankly, I understand that she's the victim there, but if I and who knows maybe her her fiance is very controlling over her, but it looks like she's making sure he's filming with the way her eyes are kind of just like.
Speaker 2: Say, everybody's just so. First off, you're at a sporting event and for some reason, people think when you put on a jersey or a sports jersey, or you see somebody in like a rival jersey that you're allowed to be a complete a hole, right, Like the laws of civil society just fall because you're wearing a jersey. So you have these people that are in this environment, But then you also have people that are so focus on social media and getting the clicks and the ad revenue or whatever that they're just completely it's so gross. It's all. It's just gross all around.
Speaker 1: I can't I had I had to get I need I wanted to take a quick picture or something when we were on vacation, right, Uh it was, uh, this is this is how uh uh Western nerdy I am. It was a really really nice horse, it was. It was one of those you know, but it's the breeding.
Speaker 2: No, But that's so like you because most people will be at like a restaurant and be like, Wow, look at this meal. I need to take a picture of it post it on the Gram so people can see what I'm eating. But you and I both agree that's kind of like stupid and weird, and I would never.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, I hate it. But like you're like, and I've had you ever had somebody stop you before you can eat and you're at the same table, yeah, I eat.
Speaker 2: I'm not at that point in my life at all. I'm like the opposite of social media, like because something will happen with me, or I'll be in traffic, or I'll see something and I'll go, wow, I was crazy, and then maybe I'll tell you about it, or market I'll talk about on the radio, and instantly I get from people or management or well, did you take a photo? Where's the video? Did you get the clicks? And I'm not in that maybe to my own fault, right, because I'm in this business and maybe I should be focused on that, but I'm just not. I'm not focused on my phone all the time. I'm not focused on the social media all the time. To be completely honest, I don't care. I don't care enough to do it. I'm just not so engrossed in the lifestyle because I try to have a life outside of my phone in social media because it's not real and it's not healthy and it's not good for you. So stuff will happen and I'll just won't post it, and then people will go, where's the video, where's the proof? And I'm like, I didn't even think about it at the time. But you have these people that are so focused on everything where you have something like this going on where your fiance is being abused, and not only is her man thinking we can post this on social media, but she quickly gets the gist after he starts egging the other guy and she's like, oh, we could put this on social media. So you got like you said, you got bad people all around.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So but why do you then laugh because I took a picture of a horse. It was an Andalusia because you even understand how rare it is to see, because it's so you.
Speaker 2: It's so great because everything this stuff could happen you've talked about before. You were you were in Asheville and you were being harassed by the homeless guy who threw something that your car.
Speaker 1: Seven foot tall homeless giant.
Speaker 2: Yes, right, you didn't film it, you didn't put it on there. But the horse, the horse is the thing. You're like, Wow, this is great and I'm gonna post this thing.
Speaker 1: But I didn't post it. I just said it to like other horse buddies. You look at this and Andalusian all right. For those of you who don't know, if you do you know pasa fino orn't it?
Speaker 3: So?
Speaker 1: You ever see like the dancing horses in Colombia and Argentina? You ever see the hor with that weird kind of thing that they do the ros? You ever see you have you ever seen any of the dancing horses? Is this a whole thing in South America? So look, we had we had quarters, I walker made Arabians growing up. I've never seen an Andalusia you mean fully trained dancing horse?
Speaker 2: You mean like when the horses like stomp and do like math with their hoofs or what are you talking about? Like dancing?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean it kind of looks like that. It is it, It's like it's it's the horses kind of dance and the it's all kind of in one spot. But the whole thing and there's four different gates. Do you want me to get into the gate types and all this? Because I can. I could do the rest of the show just explaining horse breeds, gates, color patterns, you name it. I'm happy to. But I decided to be easier to point out that the dancy ones because maybe people have seen those. Oh so anyway, no, no, no, so this uh I was an Andalusian and it was wearing the crick and the Cabella creolele I remember what they call it. But it's got the bells and all that stuff. Oh man, I had never seen one in person. And so but this is what it goes to. Knowing that I want to take a picture of this horse, and I've already asked the guy. I'm like, hey, bro Andalusian, Yeah, can I And he's like absolutely, I'm so bad at getting my camera. Oh it's like thirty seconds of me looking like an idiot who's never handled a phone. I don't understand when a situation is going on, how anyone gets their camera open. Yeah, because I'm so bad at it.
Speaker 2: I think that's why people freak out when, like, you have these events happen and they are filmed and they're posted and they're not like on portrait or motor landscape or whatever the one you're supposed to be in and they're like, well, you didn't film it, right, you move your camera. Well, a lot of times these things happen and people are just like panicking. They're just like oh, they just take up their phone.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think I'm gonna get you a dancing pasifino horse or lose.
Speaker 2: Does it get up on like two legs, and like.
Speaker 1: They'll do a lot of stuff if they'll pretty crazy if to lead the horse or it's it's what weirds me out about. It is is it's all behavior that for a workhorse you would not tolerate, Like where they're making a lot of quick movements when they're in a standing position there like that you would if you did it on a quarter horse. You think the horse is getting away from it. Then they're literally trained to do it, and then they do it like in sync and and the they have restaurants where you go eat and then in the middle is like a dirt circle and they bring these horses into dance while they play music. Can you find dying? When I was in Argentina that they had these things, I didn't go to one, but I wanted to have.
Speaker 2: You ever like the strength it takes to dip a horse?
Speaker 1: Oh no, I had horses that would dip. Yeah, we could try to you could you try to pack horse to dip or to to bottom to literally get on there, you know, touch touch their withers almost man so that you can so that you can load or unload in certain situation.
Speaker 2: Have you ever done the thing where the horse runs towards you and you pick up the horse, like at the end of Dirty Dancing?
Speaker 1: No, I didn't. I have picked up a bowl before, but we didn't dance. It was it was in some distress. But other than that, No, No missed out on that. Uh any other weird horse questions that.
Speaker 2: I have.
Speaker 1: This whole thing was around me and being not able to quick open to take a photo even though because I was trying to go to the app and do all this stuff. And like I I know, I know in my brain that there's a one touch button on my lock screen and my iPhone and I've still never to this day ever used it when wanting to take a photo. So I'm just I'm aging out. I guess I don't know people. People, I oh, now people are. I didn't say that Andalusian horses were from Argentina. I said that they have them down there.
Speaker 2: Now you're gonna piss off the horse experts. Man, It's okay. It's like it's like the gun debate.
Speaker 1: You want to know what horses do. Here's what horses do. And I've said this before. I hate horses. I don't hate them, but I hated the amount of work that they caused me. And let me tell you, buying wild mustangs even when you're a teenager and you bounce soft stuff and then you and your buddies have to literally break them a wild horse. No, it's awful, oh man. And we get so beat up because we're stupid about it. I mean, we're just like because you're like, I we'll just we'll buck them out, when in reality, it's it's like daily training sequencing. You put them in a in a creek up to their up to their waist, and there's different Like breaking the horses is a process. When you're you're young and dumb, you're like, I'm just I'm gonna go all chrisal To do on this thing, and and then you had My buddy's got a permanent scar because he looped the rope around his arm on a seven year old wild blood mare man and it almost ripped part of his arm off. So that's that's my horse thing. But no horses. The greatest trick that horses love to do is if you're riding a horse in the woods, it goes, hey, there's a tree, I'm gonna rub one of my sides on it, which, of course you're l is in between that and they love that stuff. So they're covered in sap and stuff. Oh yeah, they're die uhbollicle man anyway, but some of them dancing, as Ross said, do math, So there you go, all right, seven twenty back in a minute. Don't think it's just some ranting. What Ross? What did I text you right after we went to break.
Speaker 2: A photo of an amazing looking horse.
Speaker 1: Thank you. That's the nerd I am.
Speaker 2: So that thing is incredible. Dude, yeah, dude.
Speaker 1: Uh. And and again, if you want to go dancey dance with your horse, you want to do a little uh dressage, it's called it dressage. To irritate my cousin, who's really into us, it's a dressage. She was a can chaser two and a nanny slammer. So what are you gonna do? All right? So, uh, let me let me grab something else here. Yeah, that's a that's a crazy cool looking horse. Man, but again, not not a not a breed I'd worked with, was familiar with, and definitely not training them to h to do that. Right. So they went to the rest of the South Korean President yesterday and they sent and I'm not making this up, three thousand officers to serve to serve the arrestaurrant. Okay, all right, Like I've seen a few d like blue cam videos are I'm like, man, there's a lot of police onseene for that thing. Oh it's it's a it's a naked, drunk twenty two year old trying to walk like the line. I can't imagine why everybody's there. Three thousand.
Speaker 2: Though. The President's like, did you send enough guys? And he looks at the wind he was like, oh, yeah, you did, yeah.
Speaker 1: Three thousand, three thousand. Well, I mean because he has security, he also has people who are loyal to him within security services. So they're just like, yeah, we're gonna send three thousand. Coming up on the show in a half hour, we're gonna chat with Stephen Kent, and we got quite a few things to get into with our official nerd correspondent. And it's mostly because all the big insane news of the day has a NERD component to it, and so we'll pick Stevens brain on a few of that. Plus he's he lives around d C too, so I'm sure he is super stoked for the already nightmarish traffic conditions, which is crazy how bad the traffic still is in DC, even though we found out that like nobody goes to the office anymore to be become just hell weak for him. So we'll pick his brain there before that, let's go ahead and get into yesterday. So ap did him dirty, man, They did Joe Biden dirty yesterday. So Joe Biden had his his his going away thing, and basically he into me, I'm not gonna I'm not going to get into very much of it, I mean, really any of it because it's nonsense. It's the same stuff. And he's like, uh, and he basically said, Hitler's coming in because this is where we were, this is where we are again. Right here comes the uh uh and and and then Elon and he you know, he's warning it's about to get horrible. So we'll see. And everything he did was great. Uh he was Uh. I don't remember if we played did we play the Afghan audio the other day from from Biden? I mean the dude's delusional, uh, yesterday or the other day. I don't think I played the ut here. Let me let me grab it real quick. It should be right here, do do? I forgot that. We didn't get to that the other day. It's just the problem was, like any other president, I probably would have done a whole show in that audio, but it's just Joby and Joe Man and I guess maybe that's how they break you. So uh yeah, So it's it's a lot of that stuff where you know, it's a lot of lipstick on pig stuff. Okay, there, Sorry, I had to reload the whole directory for some reason, but I didn't get it, so it's not. But then it did. It became not about what he was saying. Why the hell can I not find this? I'll the Afghan withdrawal audio, Biden, I don't think we played it the other day. I'm sorry. I just it dawned on me we still had it in there. This is why I can't take.
Speaker 5: Well.
Speaker 1: I thought it was like two days ago we had that audio. I just didn't play. We never got to it anyway. Whatever, just ignore me. I'll uh, this whole thing's acting weird. Oh okay, you put on my brother, all right, thank you. I must have scrolled past that eight times. All right, This is why I can't take any of it. Seriously, here he is from the other day.
Speaker 8: I can also report to the American people for the first president in decades who's not leaving a war in Afghanistan.
Speaker 1: Two six What a weird like you have. You're like an Elias sports bureau where you gotta be like Josh Allen is throwing eight touchdowns on days that ended, be this or write some weird obscure thing. So because Trump's thing, I don't know if you remember his his thing. He was the first president in my lifetime who didn't start a war or start a conflict. A lot of people they kind of like that. So you're the first president who didn't leave his predecessor a war in Afghanistan. I mean that's really specific. You also also, you ready for this, didn't leave it. I didn't leave your successor a war in Djibouti or like what. It's all stupid. So anyway, I'm sorry, Go ahead, sir.
Speaker 8: I can also report to the American people for the first president a decade who's not leaving a war in Afghanistan.
Speaker 1: To his success This isn't even the crazy part.
Speaker 8: But we've got bin Laden. During the Obama Biden administration, the primary objective of war had been accomplished, and I believe that going forward, the primary threat of O. Kaita would no longer be emanating from Afghanistan, but from elsewhere, and so we not need the station's sizeable number of American forces in Afghanistan. So when I took office, I had a choice. Only I saw no reason to keep thousands of servicemen in Afghanistan. I've got scheduled men. I keep on of my I don't hear, I don'nut, but I keep on the back of my card the actual number of dead and wounded with occurred in or the longest war to remind myself. Keep spending one hundreds of millions of dollars a day. We're no longer doing that.
Speaker 1: All right. So it's a little Rambley. But he's always a little Rambley too. Is that that card referencing? Is that the one that tells you where to sit?
Speaker 2: Dudeas such a liar, But.
Speaker 1: He is trying to put lipstick on a pig of his Afghan withdrawal. It's insane. I'm sure what I know.
Speaker 2: It's so important to me that you know I you know all the people, the servicemen that have died. I keep a list of them in my pocket because it's so important to me. And now I'm going, you know, every day, I think about it every single day, like it keeps me up at night. I'm like the Service mount dying. So I keep it in my pocket and then he goes to look for it and it's not there, and he goes, well, not today, I mean not today, it's not in my body. Yeah, because you're full of crap, dude, Ah, somebody stole it.
Speaker 1: Man. You know, it's a valuable list right there, and presidents might have notes that he scribbled on there and that stuff. Collectors like that stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So so two days after he's trying to make it sound like he the whole Afghan thing wasn't a complete and utter disaster. Oh the only redeeming thing that Kate Ross. Did you see the video over the break of the Taliban guys finally getting to go with that Blackhawk and wrecking it.
Speaker 2: No, I haven't seen it.
Speaker 1: Oh, man, I got so there. These these they're you know, they're yelling, they're all excited, will they get the thing off the ground, And it is clear that like they have no idea what the hell they're doing. Zero idea how to pilot a black Hawk helicopter and it goes badly and I don't see the crash, and I think they survived, but it was inoperable. And so maybe that was the brilliant part of the strategy. Leave these Taliban a bunch of equipment that they don't know how to run, so they kill themselves. But other than that, there's no redeemings. So yesterday he's on there, he's talking about how Trump's coming in It's going to be the end of the world. But then he got into this whole thing where he was like, uh, he was like reverting to earlier attack points, and I just I zoned out of it. However, I saw the pool photos, so not the video of him speaking where you see him. He's sitting at the desk, you know, pretty standard. The AP pool reporter got alongside Biden, so he's shooting straight at what would be Biden's right side, and so you see the cherry sit in. You also see the little set up next to him, And I'm not do you remember the thing with FDR and the media, that whole thing. I get sure you guys are probably aware, like the media, the FDR, the wheelchair thing was a thing, right, and he thought that the wheelchair, especially in the time of everything that was going on, with all the insanity he was he it was almost a tacit agree where they wouldn't show his wheelchair, and then I think somebody did, and then it turned into a thing. I don't remember the whole scenario, but like Joe Biden was propped up on pillows man and I see people, Oh, it's a posture thing. No, it's not the guy. He's shrinking, he's and and and people do that. I'm not criticizing him for getting older, but it does it. It does not exude power that photo. Get him a chair that's right sized if there's a problem, So you say, you don't feel that he's seated properly.
Speaker 2: So it's like the opposite of how the press covered for FDR. Like you think it's like a like an attack thing. They were attacking him.
Speaker 1: I don't. I don't know what to make of it because I wanted to see who took the photo first. I'm like, oh my god, I wonder if the White House released it, and I tracked down where the photo actually had its Uh, it's licensing, and it's pool, it's the pool photog and specifically it's the AP photographer, so it's that's who. That's who took it. And then and then it spread through all the media because they want the pool in there. And then all the rest of the outlets use the same picture, so they all made a decision to use it. I've seen it in a bunch of different places and then next to them. Do you remember when you stayed home sick from school the setup. I don't know, maybe your mom didn't if we were, if if if I was homesick from school, if anyone was homesick from school on that you're in your bed right, and my mom had like a like a drug kit. I guess you had like vis vapo rub had like cough drops, had that throat spray that would like numb your and then it had you know, she'd have fluids there and she'd have that whole little train bringing in and that little setup would be, uh, you know, sitting by your bed table there along with I don't know, maybe some saltine crackers or something, and Joe Biden's got a little set up with water and lossages and cleanexes and some other stuff. But that's not the part on beef and on it's him sitting on a fluffy pillow. Man, it's just so emasculating, and people go where you're being petty bout no, no, no, no, I'm trying to look at it through the lens of how people who hate US view things. And as you're probably aware, they don't view they don't view the US very very favorably. But they're also clearly not scared of this dude. And those are people who operate on fear terror in some instance. I got a buddy who says that the world is run by brute force, money and hot chicks, and he's not wrong.
Speaker 2: No, I mean, image is very important. And going back to FDR, like you said before, I don't know. I watch a documentary on FDR's march to the podium after Pearl Harbor was bombed and he gave his famous speech. Yeah, and the fact that the dude could not walk at the time, like it was a big deal, Like it was the most stressful part of that speech was getting from point A to be you know, the hallway to the podium, and they had to put the braces on his legs because at the time like you said, the media was covering they didn't want to make him look weak, right, Yes, this is the opposite of that where you're just like, hey, look at this dude, and you are gonna have other countries looking at it, and they're gonna have their their their opinions and ideas about it.
Speaker 1: No man should ever be film sitting on a butt, don't it unless you just had like surgery, right, I remember.
Speaker 2: Like, actually I fought the bull. That's the way I have the butt pillow.
Speaker 1: Okay, you can have one. You cant the the no the butt oh ring? Right? Yeah, yeah, yeah, you can have one because you got a horn in your butt because you're dumb and you were running with the bulls, or you just had I don't know, you had some sort of big surgery down there. But none of it looks manly. And again to deny that because people will go, well, that's not how things are done. That's how things are done in a lot of countries. Why do you think why do you think putin uh is you know, running around shirtless on you know, uh, in proximity the dangerous animals and and doing lifting heavy stuff right, because that plays over there and it plays in a lot of places and a lot of times we because we we view other countries, We view other countries through our standards. Right when you evaluate Kim Jong un, you're not evaluating him in the way that North Koreans evaluate him. You're evaluating him from us. And so he's a little runt. He's a little this little thug, little runt dictator, right, little adorable. I'll pat him on the head, that kind of stuff like. And that's why he's that's why you know, he strives to do horrendous things, because it's about image building. You want people to forget that you're short, although comparably probably not short compared to other North Koreans, but you want people to forget that because you're willing to put a guy in the middle of the field and turn him to mist with a mortar because you're such you're such a badass, because that's how you think it works. And I'm sorry if those are people that we have to tangle with, that's the process in their brain. And you better understand it, all right, ken Boone. His brain thinks one thing, weather and cold, cold snow to ruin your travel. Go ahead, ken Boone.
Speaker 6: We do have some cold air hit it in as we look towards early next week, but temperatures are actually going to get a little bit milder first here, so we had through the end of the week. So look for mixic clowns and sunshine out there.
Speaker 5: Today.
Speaker 6: Temperatures up around are just over fifty this afternoon, upper twenties. Tonight, mix the clowns and sun low fifties. Tomorrow, chancell rain Saturday with high temperatures in the low fifties, lingering showers Sunday, upper forties, and then really cold early next week with highst Monday in the low part of the thirties.
Speaker 1: Okay, thank you, sir, appreciate it. We're talking an hour, all right. You guys know that one of my favorite moments in the while was when they were having the tech hearings, when Zuckerberg was testifying before the Senate and you had octogenarian senators asking them like, how do you how you don't charge? How do you make money? Bro right? And it's because it's just so funny because they have no clue. I love those moments, and the Supreme Court gave me one yesterday. But it might be a ruse. I'll explain next coming up, we'll chat with We'll try to get one phone call in real quick and then we'll chat with even Ken at eight o five. So there's a case in front of Supreme Court and it has to do with the law passed in Texas. But North Carolina's got their own thing having to do it with the website porn Hub, and a lot of states have you can't access it unless you have a VPN because of the laws have been passed about id people coming to the site. However you feel about that Texas. One of the Texas versions of it, where they're trying to define what percentage is just leude adult behavior and what is might be educational is part of the case they're trying to break down in the US Supreme Court. So the following exchange happens.
Speaker 9: So one of the parties here is the owner of porn Hub, right, yes, And what percentage of the material on that is not obscene as to children?
Speaker 10: Well, you're honest, if we're talking about the youngest miners, I would agree that most of it is. And that is how we reach it.
Speaker 9: Is it like the old Playboy magazine? You have essays there by the modern day equivalent of Gourvidal and William F. Fuckley Jr.
Speaker 10: Not in that sense, but in the sense you have sexual wellness posts about women recovering from history rerectomies and how they can enjoy sex. That's on the on their discussions of age verification proposals and where the industry lines up as far as what they think should be legislated and what should Now.
Speaker 9: Let's go down to what's the second most popular porn site.
Speaker 5: Your Honor.
Speaker 2: I don't I don't have.
Speaker 1: You don't know.
Speaker 2: You represent these people.
Speaker 10: We represent the industry Your honored, the portion of the industry that answers to US laws and jurisdiction.
Speaker 9: So you are you familiar with what they have?
Speaker 10: Your Honor somewhat so yes, And I think the record offers some indications of that.
Speaker 1: All right. So he's like, is it like Playboy with articles and all that over at the board Hub. I don't know. I'm a Spring Court justice. I'd never go there. So one of two things is possible. He never went there, or he knows, but he has to play dumb. He's like, Oh, they got pictures of horses over there. I've never been there.
Speaker 2: He's a Supreme court justice. I mean he doesn't have to go. He's swimming in it, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: This is why they have chambers.
Speaker 2: Man, I've seen that video. Yeah, I've seen the video on porn hubb.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, yeah, they and they get out. They always win the case or get the kate charges dismissed usually so oh he's rooting for him. Soay, I saw some There's a whole bunch of shoplifters to get caught, but somehow we's allowed. I'm not gonna have to Jamal. You had to call right now. I got a guess. I'm not gonna be able to get Jamal in in time. There's no way he's gonna fit into forty five seconds. Tell him to call back because well he can hear me. Yeah, sorry, Jamal, I just got a guess coming up and all that. But if you want to call back after the game, or you can sit there on hold, I don't care. Do whatever you want to do, or go see if you can find some articles on porn hubb. I'm sure they must be there somewhere. It's Steven Kent time, our official NERD correspondent joining us. Who is I'm sure ecstatic at what is to become of his traffic near where he lives within just a few days. How you doing, Steven? What's is it crazy up in DC area yet? What's going on?
Speaker 5: It's getting a little bit crazy. The hotels are filling up, and I am gassing up my helicopters so that I can just fly across I sixty six and I ninety five in the DC whatever I need, because you'll never get there on the roads again.
Speaker 1: A guy who I know through one of the organizations I do radio rows with, he has a house like I want to say, like eight blocks from the Capitol and he he like, he told me what he rented. I'm not going to tell because I didn't ask him if I could. He rented that thing out for like a week, and it's going to cover like most of his mortgage. It's crazy, man, It's a really.
Speaker 5: Nice that's wild. Yeah. I mean, we're we're looking at going in for the inauguration and I kind of just want to do celebrity spying and see how many cool people I can find. But you know, when you live in the DC area, you take Washington for granted, and going in just feels like such a pain.
Speaker 1: You know what blew my mind's being to Washington is those reports coming out like none of the workers are going to the buildings to work, right, some of the numbers are crazy. And yet I was just in DC and your traffic still sucked. It's like nobody's going to work. How come I can't make it from Reagan to the Phoenix Park Hotel in under thirty minutes? How is this happening?
Speaker 5: Well, we'll see, we'll see what happens. I mean, if Vivek and Elon get their way and Doze does a good job, they're going to break up the bureaucracy, Casey, and they're going to send some of these agencies out into the country. So maybe you guys can get the Environmental Protection Agency moved down to Raleigh and get some of our traffic.
Speaker 1: No, we have one of the biggest lunatic environmental lawyer offices in Chapel Hill, Southern Environmental Law Center.
Speaker 2: We don't know.
Speaker 5: It's a good it's a good fit.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, In fact, we're going to send that to you late Christmas gift. You're welcome, But let's talk about celebrities for a Moment's a good thing. You mentioned that Kerrie Underwood's going to be singing. Uh. I think you and I are enough to remember the first Trump inauguration where any celebrity who indicated or even considered the idea of performing for Trump's inauguration immediately they set out to cancel him and they ended up having like he I don't think they had any musical acts, right, except maybe John Rich because he plays all this stuff from big and rich. But like, they shamed a bunch of celebrities out of doing this. And what's so wild is Carrie Underwood's doing this. They're they're squawking out her online. She clearly doesn't care. Jeff Bezos giving a million dollars the inauguration, you have the village people are going to be there, and it's like it's it's you can get away with it now, is what we've been talking about, even in Hollywood, Like you follow this stuff and you're seeing some of it. There's the John Criers of the world who you'll never fix, and then there's others who all of a sudden, like Jim Gaffigan right having this renaissance. I think we talked about this, this renaissance of oh no, I wasn't insulting all the people that like Trump. What I mean, this is just more of this right, and this is a good thing. I'm assuming sure it's a good thing.
Speaker 5: I mean, this is a completely different scenario than twenty sixteen when Donald Trump first took office and was sort of just this alien type political figure and considered to be uniquely problematic at the time. He's mainstream. Now, his views are mainstream. He has won, he's won the culture, he won the election, and it is not interesting to try to blackmail or cancel people who want to just perform at his inauguration. He has been successfully normalized, whether you like that or not. So I think this is a great sign for him, and it's a great sign for his agenda.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's a little part of me that's going to miss the really insane but not serious things, you know, like like BuzzFeed articles, you know, crazy ones like how how to cope with Trump? Five easy sandwiches to me, you know, just stupid stuff like that. I'm gonna miss it because it made my job easy and I feel.
Speaker 5: Like, yeah, that time is over.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so there's a little nostalgia there.
Speaker 5: How tell you. I was looking at that musical guest list. Okay, see I was missing one one particular name I wanted to see, Oliver Anthony, the rich man north of Richmond. Guy, why didn't they invite him?
Speaker 1: Oh that's a that's a that's a minefield right there. Man. Do you remember when people trying to go to pick a side and he's just I kind of appreciate he's like, I hate all of you because like, yeah, I feel that way most days. And then what's going on with your with the Washington Post up there? I mean, I'm really gonna miss Jen Rubin obviously the conservative over at the paper. But the I saw that the weekly uniques went from twenty two million to four million from twenty twenty one to now. That's obviously devastating, but it's you know, this is what's happening. This is what's happening with newspapers. But Post had really been kind of able to hold on. They had three hundred thousand cancelations, not because they endorsed Trump, because they didn't endorse anybody. And now they've got like a brewing mutiny within the newsroom there. If you're just how do you think this pans out? Man?
Speaker 5: Well, these these legacy outlets will be able to crawl along and stay just barely alive. You know, Jennifer Rubin, the so called conservative columnist, is leaving to form some new website, probably end up being just a substack called The Contrarian. You know, nobody really knows who this person is. She doesn't matter. She only talks on completely irrelevant cable news networks.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 5: I think the Washington Post will survive. It will just be a question of whether or not Jeff Bezos. It's an Order sixty six type culling of their entire staff. And I think it is increasingly likely that this could actually happen. The way that Meta and Mark Zuckerberg are repositioning themselves to be relevant, the Washington Post is rutten by a serious hardcore capitalist. I think that they're going to roll aheads in short order.
Speaker 1: La Times. You getting a little vibe. A lot of people don't know that La Times, the owner of The La Times, is also like he's like a world renowned surgeon, right, so there's a certain practicality obviously to his thinking. I I don't Knowmber, if it's neuros. No, he's a transplant. He's like one of the biggest transplant surgeons, so and he made a lot of money through transplant centers and bought the paper there. La Times is interesting microcosm and I want to switch over to that, and it's what we were just talking about. You couple everything going on with those fires out there, and you're hearing some celebrities say some stuff that they probably to protect their career would have never uttered. But then you have others doubling down who I didn't expect to see it. So how impactful in what we're just talking about are the fires and all of the bureaucracy surrounding them. Do you think that has an impact on Hollywood at large?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean there will certainly be some productions that get slowed down. I mean, I'm kind of waiting for news to come out of Hollywood about which studios or which shows or TV programs are going to actually be delayed by what happened with the fires. But you know, it is absolutely very serious for the industry of Hollywood. But you know, they'll recover, they'll bounce back. The question will be whether or not these people will ever be able to rebuild their lives given the incredibly onerous and strict zoning regulations that have completely strangled southern California and really the entire state of California from growing at the rate that it otherwise should have.
Speaker 1: Well, no, no, no, and that's part of it. But I'm more asking is ideologically, is it a red pill moment for maybe some folks in Hollywood. Well, yeah, what they've supported has failed in this instance.
Speaker 5: You know, I'm a little hesitant to say to say, yes that Hollywood's going to be somehow red pilled. Now, I don't think that they will, And I'm pretty sure that these are the most likely people to be indignant, to dig their heels in, and to not budge in their commitment to insulting most mainstream Americans and Republicans of any stripe. I think they're going to stay exactly right where they are. But what is going to change is that there's going to be capital money and financing that does move increasingly to alternative studios, you know, for making things that mainstream America might actually enjoy. You know, I've just been getting caught up on the Chosen you know, the story about Jesus Christ and his disciples, and I mean just the amounts of money that has flowed into that production and it has reached tens of millions of people around the world. This is one of the most popular shows that has been made in the past decade. Uh and they don't really talk about it at all in Hollywood, but it's bigger than everything that they're doing.
Speaker 1: Uh yeah, what what denomination are you? If you don't mind me asking.
Speaker 5: I was raised Presbyterian, but I I just go to a non denominational.
Speaker 1: Now, yeah, I did you see Here's say every time I think they're gonna do So have you seen The Conclave? Have you seen this movie?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 1: Okay, so this it's got a ton of big stars in it, right, you got oh Ralph Finesse. Yeah, yeah, yeah. It finds is the uh is the lead there? And then you have the guy his name escapes me. Who was.
Speaker 5: The family Tucci?
Speaker 1: Tucci. That's what I'm thinking of. Yeah, yeah, yeah. So and I went into the and let me tell you and I'm a hey, everybody, I know I talk this and I mentioned that there's a little spoiler when I first talked about this last week. It's been a week. I am going to I will tell you write what I'm going to do a little spoiler. But I'm not going to do the end one. Okay, I'm not going to do that on the air yet. I want to so bad. But it's still pretty fresh. It's on Peacock or something. They Hollywood cobbled together a movie, and you know how it is where they had they created two really compelling plots within it. First, who was going to be the new pope? It's about it's about finding the new pope. And they have a pope, a cardinal rather who nobody knew about because he was serving as the cardinal of Kabul, right, and so anyone identify that it was a cardinal because then people come kill him, and so there's the mystery surrounding him. And while the conclave is going on, there's something crazy going on outside, but you don't know what it is. And I was so hooked on this movie. And I got to tell you, I have never been kicked in the teeth harder than the end of this thing. And what the the what the insult? And and they just taken a a crap on the Catholic Church. Was it was profoundly insulting, and so I I don't know, man, every time I think that maybe they're going to get back to making good stuffy. They just stick a stick a spear in you right at the end, no pun intended, And I don't know, man, I'm just if you watch the movie, just prepare to be. But what I hated is like if the writers had stopped for last five pages, they literally could. They could have gone Aliens, they could have gone supernatural, they could have gone straight drama. It was really well constructed. There are very talented people there who can come up with unique things, and then it has to kick into the Dei stuff. So I hope this is the year that they turn it around. Man gets some better now.
Speaker 5: The Conqui controversy has been incredibly interesting, and you know, it's it's one of those things where again people seem to have loved this movie and then just be caught so off guard at the ideological twist at the end, which is, like you said, just incredibly insulting to Christians and Catholics in general. But I can't recommend people spend their time on that movie when it just goes so badly.
Speaker 1: And if the if, the if, the other the all, you know, ninety percent of the movie hadn't been so compelling. I wouldn't be so angry if that's weird. I don't know if that sounds weird. It was because I was I was a really good movie up until then, and I was like, oh, I can't wait to see what's going on outside. Who's gonna be the Pope? And then just poof? So all right, let me let me flip over to this. I think it's incredibly funny watching people flee TikTok to this. What is it red something or other?
Speaker 5: I don't I don't care enough to not Red Note.
Speaker 1: Which is is also Chinese, but is far more purging of things such as LGBTQ content, mentions of Taiwan in a favorable manner, as a separate entity, you name it. And that's because TikTok may be shutting down on Sunday unless mister Beast or Elon Musk buys it. So please explain to us what the hell's going on here?
Speaker 5: Oh my gosh. Well, I think the bottom line is that TikTok is very unlikely to be out of operation or fully banned come the end of Sunday. You know, that is the time when they're supposed to pull the plug in one of two things was going to happen. Either they were going to go completely dark and TikTok would no longer be operable or available, or they were simply going to comply with no further downloads and no further updates and TikTok would die a slow death of the course of a couple of weeks. But Donald Trump wants to save it with an executive order in his first week in office, and he wants to get sixty to ninety days with an executive order to find a buyer. And now we're talking about mister Beast buying it in addition to Kevin O'Leary and Elon Musk. You know, I'm a little I'm a little disappointed. I'm a little disappointed in the President on this. This is just really hardcore political pandering on his part, and I kind of thought he was immune to that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's it's wild to watch the reaction to it and the idea that Elon gets it. And then because half the videos you see on Twitter are just reposts of tiktoks, it seems like so like the two would probably work really well to go, but we will see. And then finally we're talking about celebrities. If you ever needed a case to convince me that they're cloning celebrities. You've seen those crazy conspiracy theories. What is happen, Bill Berman, I'm gonna play some audio real quick.
Speaker 8: The wins moved, but you know, the fire coming and all that stuff.
Speaker 1: So I feel lucky. Are you getting back? And I think everybody did a great job. Yeah, I'm like the internet, you know right, I know it's right. Oh my god, all of these fire experts. Why didn't you just fly a helicopter into the ocean?
Speaker 5: You know what?
Speaker 1: Looking at the footage on the internet, I have determined that this here was mismanaged. They're talking about looting. But CNN and Fox News are not going to bring up the insurance companies that are just gonna keep everybody's premiums and still give themselves a bonus.
Speaker 2: Yet we free Luigi, all right?
Speaker 1: So there's so much going on there. I got just about forty five seconds. Is that Bill Burr or a clone? What the hell's going on?
Speaker 5: You know, I'm gonna I'm gonna go contrarian on this, Like Bil Burr is the barstool comedian that's his entire stick and barstool politics makes no sentence. Every time you think they're gonna, you know, have like the right wing opinion or something, they just kind of come at you with populist left garbage and you're like, oh, actually, normal people don't really make political sense. And I think Bill Burr is actually one of those people. And everything he's saying just kind of sounds to me like what people who don't follow politics think about these issues. And he can just carry on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was I hate to see. All right, we got to roll. We're up against it. Thank you very much. We'll chat next week, sir. And I was talking to Steven there, so Ross you did do your research and figured out how that movie ended. I was talking about right the con Oh.
Speaker 2: I dude, I sure did. They did. Dude. They they just couldn't help themselves. They just couldn't do it. They're like, we're at the end. Like you said, there's so many different avenues and areas you could go down, possibilities. How are we going? What is going to be our m night? Shyamal on twist.
Speaker 1: And if you and you didn't watch the movie, and this is why I told people to watch it, only because it was so great. For the first ninety percent, it was really what it was unique and well done, and I was super excited, and I it makes the twist so much worse, which and you, having not watched it, we're able to come to conclusion that's a horrible twist. Imagine being emotionally invested for an hour and a half and then getting that.
Speaker 2: No, you're very strong, not too spoil it, because I would love to spoil it, because it's so awful. It's one of those things where like it deserves to be spoiled in my opinion, so awful. Here's what I'm gonna do, and it's so it's so predictable at this point, Like once I read it, I was like, of course.
Speaker 1: That, you know, here's I'm here's what I'm gonna do. I'm gonna spoil. I'm gonna give you a countdown, and I will won't ross and I will only talk about the spoil for one minute. Okay, so one minute.
Speaker 2: I mean it'll literally you could spoil it in like just five seconds.
Speaker 1: Right, but but give the spoiler and then just a quick or a comment on it, probably from from us. But I will not allow to go on for more than one minute, I will give you a three two one countdown here in and in fifteen seconds we'll start talking about it. So I'll give you a countdown because I'm just I'm using my clock, so it'll be eight thirty seven to eight thirty eight, because it needs to be said. Okay, spoiler in three two one, that secret Pope, the one nobody knew about in Cobble is trans and now are the secret cardinal and now he's the pope of course.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and this is a movie. We were saying that they had to start at the end before they made this one.
Speaker 1: That was the pitch.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and they're like, sure, we're gonna have a trans pope and that's gonna be a surprise at the end. And once again, because we can't help ourselves, we have to do it.
Speaker 1: So and like I said, up until that point, absolutely amazing movie. Loved it. I like the actors. They're great one hundred percent, and I'm sorry that that they were. They were a part of this thing, and it's I just it's just such a waste of talent. And the writer was very talented in constructing that story. Kudos to them for ninety percent of it. And then that all right, coming up on the end, we can't talk about the spoiler anymore. So back three to one, all right, no more mention of them. But it leads us to what Roster's is telling me about Goosebumps, which I haven't seen. And this goes back to a story the other day. Remember, Disney had a movie and they had a very small subplot in it of was it a trans character or some sort of it was some sort of LGBT relationship.
Speaker 2: It was the new Inside Out, it was Inside two or.
Speaker 1: Whatever, and they took it. They removed it from the movie because it came out pretty seamlessly, I guess, because it wasn't a big part of it. But you were telling me something about the Goosebumps, which I was too old when the books came out, but my youngest sister and brother were obsessed with Goosebumps back in the day. And so now there's a series with the dude from Friends, right, I haven't seen any of.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the first season it's on Disney Plus. And and so going back to Inside, the thing that they cut out was they were gonna have make like the main character like like gay lesbian, and they realized, like the culture has shifted, so we need to cut all that out because the movie's not gonna make money. And they cut it out and it did very well. So the first season of Goosebumps, it's more of like, I mean, it's not Disney Plus, so it's it's four kids. It had Justin Long in it, and you had like one of the main characters in it, the was a trans character. And I remember we watched like the first episode and we were we were kind of taken out by the entire thing because we were trying to figure out the sexuality or the gender of this character. And we realized about you know, into the second episode, we're like, oh, that's a trans character. Okay, So we finished watching it. And the way they're set up is there's a story, one continuous story from the first episode to like episode eight or nine to the end, but every episode is like an homage to a book that came out. So okay, it's like that. So in the second season it has David Swimmer in it, and it's the sort of like a black oil type story if you have or watch the X Files back in the day where you have I don't want to spoil too much but there's a monster and there's a creature and this stuff happens. Yeah, halfway through, because we were watching it, we're like, this is kind of like a regular, typical kind of story that you would have. It's not like the first season where you had that quote controversy with the trans character. So about episode four or five, suddenly one of the main characters, the younger female character, turns out that she's lesbian and she's started there's you could tell that they're going to start having like a storyline involving this character and another character, and they're gonna, you know, they're and your objected.
Speaker 1: Just to be clear, and I just the haters grab onto this stuff. It's not the characters, because people who are gay and people are they all it's I don't care that. It's clear that Hollywood is overrepresenting or shoehorning things, and that's what people most some people obviously, you know, have their hang ups on that. But most people's objection is you didn't I didn't sign up to get preached at. And clearly you're only doing this to make a point.
Speaker 2: Right, They're just forcing it in there and it doesn't make sense with the story and they're like, of course, of course you have to have, you know, a gay relationship in it, but you just have to know. But a weird thing happens in the season of the show. Because we did watch all the episodes, there seems to be once they introduce this this gay relationship, there seems to be a lot of the show missing.
Speaker 1: There seems like the plots not there's hard to follow the plot.
Speaker 2: There's chunks of the show that seem to be taken out. They'll be in one location, there'll be this build up to go to a certain location, and then in a blink of an eye they're there. So like the whole journey from the one location to the other and anything that would happen between has been cut out. And there's also like changes in the character. So the character suddenly this female character, her entire look changes, her hairstyle, changes her fashion changes. You can tell like now they're trying to make her like what more lesbian like.
Speaker 1: But there's no relationship, seems right.
Speaker 2: So it feels like they did the inside out thing where I I am willing to bet that there was a lot more content involving the storyline that Disney cut out because they realized that there would be blowback, right, there's there, there there's.
Speaker 1: A that's the first theory that popped up.
Speaker 2: There's several times in the in the final episodes where Marky and I are watching were like, what just happened? How are we at this location? Like what?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 2: What's going on with story now? And I'm I'm I'm betting you that they cut out big segments of the show to avoid any controversy.
Speaker 1: You're probably not wrong then, and uh and and so and then maybe next time when they do a Goosebump style show when they're doing you know, initial shoot, the initial filming, because obviously it's it kind of messed with the continuity of it, then maybe they don't shoehorn.
Speaker 2: But you don't have to.
Speaker 1: It's it's a it's a you don't because it's for kids.
Speaker 2: It's a horror show for kids.
Speaker 1: Yeah, sheehorn.
Speaker 2: You don't need any that, you don't need any relationship crap in that you just don't have.
Speaker 1: Tom Tillis do a cameo and still kids Souls or something. Oh my god, did you hear you? So Tillis was on the committee doing the BONDI thing yesterday and one of the other senators earlier on started to engage with Bondie about whether she's a q a QAnon person, and she's like, I've heard of QAnon. I don't know. And so one of the senators, a Democrat senator explains it. I gosh, I remember which one it was, It doesn't matter. One of the Democrat men was. He goes, yeah, they think that Hollywood and the you know us are child molesters, Adrina chrome and cannibals and all this stuff. And then for like thirty minutes everybody else doing question. They get to Tom Tillis and he starts his conversation with the QAnon shaman and I'm like, what is he talking about? And he thinks he's making a joke because the QAnon shaman he said, did you know when we got him to prison, we had to move him to another prison because he's vegan. And so it's really funny when you think about QAnon and I'm like, what do you They don't think he's a cannibal. They think you're a cannibal, Senator. They think you're a adrena chrome user.
Speaker 2: They like, wait, wait, wait, wait does he so wait?
Speaker 1: He had a backwards he had a backward He was.
Speaker 2: Under the impression that people that were like QAnon were the cannibals, were the yeah.
Speaker 1: You know, like these weirdos who think they're vampires on TikTok.
Speaker 2: Like they're the ones that want to eat babies.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, he had all the things, all the craziest QAnon allegations directed at the senators. He thought it was opposite. Yeah, He's like, that's crazy. He'd be a cannibal and a vegan. And I'm like, what are we doing here? Also, why are we spending any time on QAnon stuff, let alone a Republican senator?
Speaker 2: You know the news stuff is the Kimala stuff.
Speaker 1: Well, that's that's and that's you know, that's the other side of the coin in there, and and it's it's a crazy, crazy rabbit hole on its own. Man.
Speaker 2: These are the Kumala people that believe, similar to how the Trump people believed before Biden was inaugurated, that that Trump will never get inaugurated and JD. Vance is plotting against him.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Oh, the one chick we played on the audio, she made our audio up. She finally, uh where she's remember she was like, Hey, it's okay. I got sources. Remember we played that a couple of weeks ago. She was saying, it's all part of the plan. They're gonna swear commonly, and she was so sure she I saw a video from her. She's bawling yesterday because uh, it doesn't look like it's going to happen. And I feel I kind of feel bad for her because like she's in she's insane or really great actress. But also that must be devastating because she seems so sure, Oh you got it up there, and it's like she reminded me of the lady who was talking about going into the liquor store buying champagne and mocking the clerk. She's like, you know, she's gonna win, and her follow up video was deeply satisfying. But uh, yeah, this this lady Ray here. So the rumor mill is buzz that JD. Vans is actually working to turn state evidence.
Speaker 2: So this is just a rumor.
Speaker 1: I'm not going to play all this garbage. I got stuff I gotta do. But uh, it has set in for her apparently, which is weird. It's like, well, you might as well hold out to Monday. You're already here. Be the woman in the green jacket on your knees, screaming at the sky. Right, get some clicks.
Speaker 2: For it, you do it for us?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it is selfish in nature when I'm asking for all Right, now, I'm gonna ask for weather from the ken bill so I can make somebody else fill airtime. Go ahead, sir, what's up? All right? Good morning.
Speaker 6: We're gonna see temperatures get a little milder here over the next couple of days, but much colder air do in as we look towards early next week. Mix the clowns and sunshine. Today, breezy at times up around here, just over fifty down around here just below thirty. Tonight, sunshine, a few clowns, low fifties Tomorrow, Rain possible late Friday night, better chances during the day Saturday. Still looking at a high right around fifty on Saturday. Starting to cool off Sunday, though with a few showers. Highs mid upper forties, and then much colder early next week. Low thirties for highs on Monday, upper twenties for highs Tuesday.
Speaker 1: All right, thank you, sir, appreciate it. Chat tomorrow and all right, we'll be back with Jeff Bellinger next, Jeff, what's happening Well.
Speaker 11: Good morning, Casey. Have a nice rally on the street Yesterday. Futures are mixed this morning, S and P and NASDAC futures are higher now futures or up one hundred are correction down one hundred and fifty two points. It was a good holiday season, but the government's retail sales report for last month was not as strong as expected. Sales were up four tenths per cent in December, a six tenths per cent increase was predicted. With auto sales excluded. Sales still show a four tenths per cent gain. Target says its holiday business topped expectations. The chain increased its sales guidance. The retailer says online and in store traffic increased. It recorded record sales for Black Friday and Cyber Monday clothing and toys with big sellers. Target now thinks comparable sales for the fiscal fourth quarter, which runs through the end of this month, will be up about one and a half percent. There was an increase last week to the number of workers signing up for unemployment benefits. The Labor Department counted two hundred seventeen thousand new applications. That was fourteen thousand more than the prior week. Took the impending ban on TikTok to accomplish something that's really rare in Washington these days. Republicans and Democrats have a common goal, and they're looking for ways to keep TikTok acceptable accessible in the US if the band does go into effect. The Department of Transportation has filed sued against Southwest Airlines. The agency accuses the carrier of violating rules that require airlines to set and meet realistic flight schedules. The lawsuit alleged Southwest is subject to chronic flight delays. Southwest says the legal action relates to old flights that are no longer on its schedule. And Casey, Universal Music is being sued by a rap artist. Drake is taking the label to court, accusing Universal of making a profit from a track by Kendrick Lamar in Not Like Us. Lamar accuses Drake of being a pedophile.
Speaker 1: Casey, Oh, that's going to keep going. Okay, all right, I'm glad I really know nothing about that beef, but appreciate the updake. Thanks Jo, Okay, take care all right, now, there you go. Yeah, I couldn't be more disinterested in the drake, Like, I don't even know what the beef is. I'm and I'm happy. So let me just pivot to try to fit two stories. This is insane, I'm about this is it's horrific. But I saw this headline New York City teacher arrested after allegedly exposing his sports car his man part in front of his class of autistic students at Bronx School. And the headline isn't even only touches on the crazy, because I'm like, was it accidental? Was he like? Were in shorts of what happened? No, the teacher, a forty four year old man by the name Dana Barsdorf, allegedly took it out and stuck it in a lysol container in front of the kids. You heard me, right, And then this line the teacher has been reassigned to another school pending investigation. I'm I don't say he's in a class. What is it a school with no lifesole products? I mean, what, how does.
Speaker 2: The teacher has The teacher has been installed into the wood shops chipper. Is that okay?
Speaker 1: Well that's what they mean. They're fine. Also what dude has ever thought, Hey, you know it, feel good.