Speaker 1: Good morning, good morning, good morning, welcome, welcome, welcome me. It is time now for community connection in from the City of Dewey. We have Miss Laurie Heron. How you doing, young.
Speaker 2: Lady, fantastic.
Speaker 1: I'm doing pretty darn good. Now I understand we have a proposition in Dewey. What's going on here with.
Speaker 2: The serious done.
Speaker 3: Let's do that really important things.
Speaker 4: We have our voting coming up on September ninth, and the City of Dewey's asking its voters to please approve these four propositions. Prop one is the replacement of water mains and fire hydrants for North Wine Dot, North Creek and North Chalk Tak. We also have Proposition number two is public safety. We need the purchase of five new patrol units. Proposition number three overlay of a list of roads. The list can be attained at city Hall. For any of these things that you might miss here, it can always go to city Hall and get a list of these propositions. Also the last one, Proposition number four reinstatement of capital Improvement sales tax.
Speaker 3: Important notes. This will not raise tax, It keeps it the same.
Speaker 5: They just continued the same.
Speaker 4: Okay, So those are the four vote yes on all four of those for Dewey, and we'll get our city shining up even more.
Speaker 1: All right, very good. I understand that the registration and to vote in that you got to get that taken care of by Friday, according to our friends down at the election board. So get that taken care of, make sure you're eligible to vote, and then vote your vote.
Speaker 3: Yes all four.
Speaker 2: Okay. You want to talk about events, fun stuff.
Speaker 5: We're fun stuff. What are you doing here?
Speaker 2: Well, first time, let's talk about the past.
Speaker 3: I want to talk about something fun.
Speaker 4: The Eagles Audilliery six' ten held An Indian taco benefit for the Journey home right there.
Speaker 3: In very cherished business for.
Speaker 4: Us i'm not a business, obviously but we held that benefit and we raised two thousand dollars for the journey.
Speaker 3: Home taking care of all of our family.
Speaker 4: Members we've all had someone that they've really taken in and taken care.
Speaker 2: Of so we were glad to do. That And i'm part of The, eagles so, yeah you, do Yay.
Speaker 3: Eagles yea journey.
Speaker 4: Home, Okay so other major, things of. Course september, first The city Of duey offices will be. Closed there'll be no trash, Service so beware that That's monday that's coming. Up but the events we do have seriously coming up would Be august. Seventeenth This, sunday we Have Summer music in The park karaoke from seven to ten pm And Don tyler that's put on By Party.
Speaker 2: TIME dj and. Karaoke i'm gonna have to check this.
Speaker 4: Out so it's This sunday starting at seven pm In Don. Tyler we Have, Wednesday august. Twentieth next week we Have First Baptist church.
Speaker 2: In a fish.
Speaker 5: Fry oh, nice, right.
Speaker 4: So you bring a side dish or, dessert come enjoy the fried food and.
Speaker 3: Fellowship. Wow and that starts at forgive ME i lost the. Time well we'll find.
Speaker 4: That so then we go up To september second through the. Sixth we have The Washington County Free.
Speaker 3: Fair which is so.
Speaker 4: Cool you, know we have all the, animals, exhibits pumpkins to the. BEES i can't wait to see the young man and have that display or. Exhibit, yes last year pretty, cool he.
Speaker 2: Said it was rare to see The. QUEEN i saw The.
Speaker 1: QUEEN i GUESS i hear they're gonna have a moonpie eating.
Speaker 5: Contest.
Speaker 4: Stop, OKAY i tried to get the bear for the past three years to do something with. ME i bet he'll do. That i'm gonna try so that'll be. Fun that's the second through the. Sixth coming up That friday Though september, fifth in the middle of The County Free fair is.
Speaker 2: The Classic Car.
Speaker 4: Cruise, yeah it is going to be right there at The Washington County fairgrounds from six pm to eight Pm friday the.
Speaker 3: Fifth it's off to the.
Speaker 4: Side i'm sure you can't miss a bunch of hot, cars you know.
Speaker 5: Something those folks just love to they.
Speaker 4: Do and because the next, Day september, sixth On, saturday we have the.
Speaker 2: It is the The Lea ain't.
Speaker 4: DEAD i, believe, yes the Leed a Dead september, sixth eight am On North Delaware.
Speaker 2: Dewey so it's you got.
Speaker 3: One at night right, there get up right in the.
Speaker 2: Morning you'll see another.
Speaker 3: CAR i.
Speaker 2: KNOW i wrote that one down.
Speaker 4: Somewhere and then so we also have another van On september SIX i guess THE osu And oregon football.
Speaker 3: Game oh, yeah.
Speaker 2: There's a watch party at two pm At Scissortail. Brewery oh, yes that would be.
Speaker 3: Fine went out of order trying.
Speaker 2: To say the.
Speaker 4: Dates, well basically what's coming up, though is we have the official eighteenth Annual, Kansas oklahoma one hundred Mile Highway.
Speaker 3: Sale oh that's.
Speaker 5: Yay it grows so much every.
Speaker 4: YEAR i made sure to write the full, name so it Is september, eleventh, twelfth and thirteenth right.
Speaker 2: Now if you look up and Down.
Speaker 4: Highway seventy, five or just even get a hold Of miss kay with this The Kansas Oklahoma, sale she will help you find places a boot the, rent or she might have, some or we have plenty other other businesses that are renting, out Like jericho right there on the corner Of Darn tyler and seventy. Five that business is also renting out spaces in their parking. Lot so there's the namical places to put your stuff to suck for. Sure one hundred miles for there you. Go also the cool Thing october, eleventh it's The Dewey Western heritage Round. Up So Miss carlotta is looking for vendors. There they have, some but they would like. More so if you want to contact, her you can go to Their facebook or their website and you Get Miss carlotta's phone number Or Miss jamie's and then you get yourself another. Spot and so you got two times and two months to get yourself.
Speaker 3: Sold.
Speaker 1: Wow you know, something this is always a fun thing for the entire family and both.
Speaker 5: Events, yeah it really. Is it's just awesome to.
Speaker 2: Hit the highway get some sales next.
Speaker 4: Month look at the steer walking down the.
Speaker 1: Road, yeah, yeah somebody WAS i called it a stampede by, mistake and somebody, said there's more like a mosy because it's a little.
Speaker 5: Hot they're carrying those big. Horns they just kind.
Speaker 2: Of they they're just going following each other and the guy in the.
Speaker 3: Front, yeah it is pretty.
Speaker 2: Cool so That's october.
Speaker 4: Eleventh but if you guys want to have any kind of you, know any kind of boost there or, anything, vendors they're they're excited to have.
Speaker 5: You what, Else.
Speaker 2: Oh it's gonna be. Fun what else on my cool?
Speaker 4: List, here we've got the Closed Labor Day september, First remember we also have. That, okay there's A Veterans State parade excuse me On november, eighth and The ladies of THE vfw Of dewey they are the ones putting it on and It's Miss joline and they're looking for.
Speaker 3: Entrance anybody who.
Speaker 4: Wants to celebrate with their patriotm for, this they for Our United states Of america of, course in our, veterans or any anybody wants to just show their patriotic.
Speaker 2: Side Call Miss joline with The WOMEN'S.
Speaker 4: Vfw her phone number is nine one eight nine one four zero seven or. Eight that's case you got to go back and listen to, this or you just get a hold of THE vfw and they'll lead you to find or get a hold of me And i'll get you in the. Parade it's gonna be definitely gonna pump this one up this year and we're going to have some good stuff.
Speaker 1: Always it's it's a good time in The city Of dewey rightly To. America and how were we doing with our flags?
Speaker 5: There of our veterans.
Speaker 2: Still selling them.
Speaker 4: There we are still getting them in and so we're just picking a certain.
Speaker 3: Day it's so.
Speaker 4: COOL i, mean so they'll be up obviously In, november and so that's we're just, trying Mister truce figure out, which you, know times to put them. Out but they're adding adding, up, Man, yeah n seventy, five we'll get Don tyler and other. Places but, yeah wouldn't that be cool just to drive down and see all of our veterans around Our pretty.
Speaker 1: Cool it makes you feel kind of cool of shafe and you feel honored to be in their.
Speaker 4: Presence, yes, definitely especially ones that are still here with us and they get to see.
Speaker 3: Their banner up.
Speaker 5: THERE i, mean come, on pretty, cook that is very cool talking about your hometown or their.
Speaker 3: Kids or their kids see their, parents their parents.
Speaker 1: Too, now the city Of doing you got a nice website there where folks can find.
Speaker 5: Anything you got a community, Calendar.
Speaker 4: Yeah the community calendar on the website and more of the events and stuff On.
Speaker 2: Facebook you'll see more that.
Speaker 3: Might not make it onto the. Calendar so i'd utilize.
Speaker 1: Both utilize both and you can take care of some of your city business over the.
Speaker 5: Website, yes, sir.
Speaker 4: Both yet both both are pretty just one might have a little bit more than the, other BUT i WOULD i would suggest going both so you don't miss any don't miss.
Speaker 5: Dang, hey how's the how's the park coming? Along?
Speaker 4: Here with their still just moving, along getting our, donations still selling bricks and working on grants and we're still chugging.
Speaker 5: Along, man that is great.
Speaker 2: Flagpole the hole has been.
Speaker 4: Set oh, Good SO i think that's the next step is putting a huge pull up and the nice. Flag what an honor that'll. BE i can't remember the, size BUT i know it's a lot.
Speaker 3: Bigger than me.
Speaker 5: And my goodness. Sake so this has been going on pretty.
Speaker 1: Good weather's been even though we've had some wet periods, there but it hasn't really delayed a whole.
Speaker 5: Lot.
Speaker 4: No the second the Second saturdays of the month downtown having great, weather got the bathrooms open for, everybody and.
Speaker 2: So they're doing really well Each.
Speaker 3: Saturday it's backed down On tyler.
Speaker 2: Also that's WHAT i was going to hopefully not. Forget we have The cam's.
Speaker 4: Coop they're putting on the farmer's, market little small farmers market next right next to The Black ivory Brew, house right there on seventy five In, dewey right there in the lot that they have next to. It they have a small farmer's market Every. Saturday i'm not sure when they'll continue or, not but you can also go to Their facebook and they'll you, know you, know if they're still going, on probably In, october you, know just probably good, weather BUT i know for sure they'll be there This saturday from eleven to.
Speaker 5: Two that is, really really, Cool.
Speaker 1: Laurie once, again thank you for dropping by here and letting us know what's happening in the great city Of dewey and also reminding us that we got a little history.
Speaker 5: There and when we come up for the Heritage.
Speaker 2: Days, OH i, mean who else has steer walking down their?
Speaker 3: Street not very, many.
Speaker 1: Y'allah you, KNOW i think the last TIME i saw you, there they had you in.
Speaker 5: Costume they had you like a like a bartender with.
Speaker 2: AN i WILL i will be a. BARTENDER i did not know who you.
Speaker 5: Were here comes this person with a.
Speaker 1: Dirt little bowler hat and a mustache and a, mustache and she, Goes i'm.
Speaker 3: Not a sloon. Girl i'm not a saloon.
Speaker 2: Girl dresses aren't my, style But i'm definitely a.
Speaker 3: Mustache were there you?
Speaker 5: Go where you got that going? ON i guess.
Speaker 1: Uh but once, again, folks this has been our community connection right here ON k, one the one you.
Speaker 5: Trust we've been talking with a Lovely lori From dewey right here ON k. One stay.
Speaker 1: Tuned we've got your forecast coming, up and we got the news on the way FROM.
Speaker 5: Cbs all right, here