Speaker 1: This is the seventy seven WABC Mini cast. These families in big numbers are asking for the mayor not to show up that day. The majority don't want him there. I either saw my ad Elizabeth Miller on the show. I've got other friends.
Speaker 2: I won't name them. Well, okay, we don't want him to get the spotlight so.
Speaker 1: He can come. No, no, no, no, silly at yelled these people. They're victims. But no, if he comes, he gets the spotlight. Why don't you understand that he doesn't belong there? Hang out with Hassan Piker. America deserved nine to eleven. You think I care that he took it back? Now, of course he took it back. He's out there. He's the base of the Democrat Party. He's campaigning for every one of these DSA candidates all across the country, from Denver to Michigan to New York. Of course he took it back, but that's how it was in his heart. In his heart is America of nine to eleven. He's a scumbag, just like the mayor is a complete scumbag. So these families don't want him there. I don't want him there. I know the President doesn't want him there. He hasn't said up, but I know he doesn't. So you know, they got this big thing in front of city Hall on the eighth, which I was coming to with Bruce Plateman. But it looks like I'll probably be in Dallas on behalf of the president of the Republican Party. But regardless, the petition is last I heard about eighty five thousand.
Speaker 2: Strong, and more and more New Yorkers.
Speaker 1: Again, including the majority of the families of the victims, don't want him there. So Mary from Brooklyn made me aware of this.
Speaker 2: Lady. Her name is Jeanette Pick.
Speaker 1: Her father was also murdered that day, died, and I know that she's nervous.
Speaker 2: But Jeannette, no reason to be nervous. You're talking to me like you talked to one of your friends in Brooklyn or Staten Island, So no reason. Good morning, speed, How are you?
Speaker 3: I said, how are you now?
Speaker 2: You sound great? You say you're fine, you sound great, You're okay this morning. What's going on?
Speaker 3: Nothing, I'm just here to talk about the petition and yeah, all right.
Speaker 2: Well tell me this.
Speaker 1: Okay, you've heard Giovanni GILLANTEI on this show you've heard Charles Wolpe on this show. I know you spoke to both of them, since two great men. And there are only two of about ninety thousand people, all right, folks, ninety thousand that have signed this petition that don't want the may or anyone near that sacred site. And not all of them are families of the victims like you are, or they're guys like me, just regular guys. Does that make your heart warm? Knowing that so many New Yorkers are on the same side as you.
Speaker 3: I just really appreciate all of you. Know, they say never forget, and I feel like with this petition, it truly shows that America hasn't forgotten, and that we have so much support behind us, and that you know, people keep stying it and it keeps growing every day.
Speaker 1: But don't you agree that when you vote in somebody like mom Donnie and I know a lot of the folks that voted for him weren't even alive on nine to eleven. They are a bunch of dopey young kids who drink Starbucks in Williamsburg and party all night Manhattan. They're dope so young kids. But for the folks that are older when we say never forget, havn't those people forgotten?
Speaker 3: I view it. I am not in this, you know. Politically, I'm politically neutral. I think there's pros and cons to both parties. My thing is is who he has associated with politically, professionally and personally is the reason I don't want him there.
Speaker 2: That's fair.
Speaker 1: I mentioned hasan piker, but he's just one of many. His wife and the co conspirators of the bombing of the ninety three will Trade Center bombing. I mean, I do not notice Janette and and I had the same conversation with Giovanni that a lot of you folks are really afraid to get into any political discussion because I guess to the backlash or the other families that are Democrats that actually are okay with this animal being there.
Speaker 2: But you can say he's not a good guy. You can say that I'm here.
Speaker 3: The reason I don't want to talk to politics is because I'm here to focus on the ceremony, you know what I mean. I feel like that would derail from any message that we had, Like, I just don't want him there because you know, he's smiling with an m mom In October of twenty twenty five, who was an unindicted co conspirator in the ninety three bombings, and he also appointed Ramsey Castim on July first, twenty twenty six, uh an ex might I add an ex El Qaeda defense lawyer to be his personal chief counsel. You know, I just don't understand. You know, we've asked him nicely not to come. We've had to go to the media. But if he can pick and choose events he doesn't want to go to, and he asked New Yorkers to respect his decision. He decided not to go to the MECCAP, he decided not to go to the Israeli Day Parade, and he said it was due to his personal and political beliefs, and he asked New Yorkers to respect that. I don't understand why he's not respecting our wishes for him not to come, because of his associations with those who have justified and minimized the murdering of our loved ones.
Speaker 1: Wow, you just hit a home run, Jannette. You know that somebody who I mean, you just nailed it. You're exactly right. He can skip this Ready Day parade, he can cancel the Puerto Rican Day Breakfast at day of the Puerto Rican Day Parade. He can talk all morning about Gaza and the Palestinians before Saint Patrick's Day.
Speaker 2: He can do all that stuff.
Speaker 1: Right, and he can he can give the Columbus statue the middle finger. Trust me, he'll be nowhere near the Columbus Day parade come October.
Speaker 2: He can do all that stuff right. But you guys can't have your own opinion about murdered loved ones. Man. You were just that wasright.
Speaker 3: My god, he was invited. It came out in the Post last week. He was invited by the family members of the nineteen ninety three, the February nineteen ninety three bombings where six people died, and he decided to skip it. And he was invited to that. You know, we haven't I know some people. You know he hasn't been invited to this, and yet he's just oncoming. So I just don't understand the hypocrisy. You go, you don't go where you're wanted, but you go where you're not wanted. I don't understand how that makes sense.
Speaker 2: It doesn't.
Speaker 1: Did you have any excuse why he didn't go to the nineteen ninety three remembrance.
Speaker 3: I believe he was meeting with Trump for something, right, Sure.
Speaker 2: He was Okay.
Speaker 1: By the way, if you were to call President Trump and said, listen, mister President, they're meeting today for the World Trade Center, what do you think the President would have said?
Speaker 3: Please, I don't know. I'm not Trump.
Speaker 2: I can tell you.
Speaker 1: I can tell you Trump would have said, you go do that, mister Mayer, we'll talk later. That's much more important.
Speaker 3: I can promise you some as a New Yorker, so.
Speaker 1: Exactly right, a great new Yorker on that, I'll say that you don't have to. So I do this with all the folks that come on, all you brave, courageous folks, and I love what you're doing here, Jeanette. I did the same thing with obviously with Giovanni and Charles, and that is I think it's important we get to know your loved ones, the people that you love that will motored that day, They deserve to be recognized and talked about twenty five years later. So, if I'm corrected, was your father Joseph who was killed that day?
Speaker 3: He was Joseph Pick. He worked for Fiduciary Trust. He was he worked on the ninety fourth four last seen on the seventy eighth. He was in the South Tower and he was also in the Air Force as well.
Speaker 2: Did you have a chance. How old are you when your dad?
Speaker 3: I was nine. I went to school in Hoboken and the first plane got hit at eight forty six, and the teacher came in the classroom and was like, the twin towers have just been bombed. And I jumped up and I said, my daddy works there, because I'm getting a look. So and they brought us into the kindergarten classroo, which was the biggest classroom, and I can actually see the skyline from outside the windows. So on TV and in front of me, I saw my dad's build and get hit.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, did you actually see your dad that morning?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 2: One was when was the last time you?
Speaker 3: Last time I saw my dad was September ninth, And the last thing we watched was I don't know if you're familiar with those with the program Adult Swim. Yes, the last thing it was the premiere of Aquatine Hunger Force, and that was that was thet He let me stay up late that night because he loves space goes Coast to Coast and Johnny Quest and they were on there old shows from the eighties. And the last thing we watched together because he let me watch because it was only a ten minute show. The last thing I watched with him was Aquatine, the premiere of Aquatine Hunger Force, and that was the last memory I had with him.
Speaker 1: I think Mike Tyson was on that show what at one point too with those So when did you guys, you and your mom and the rest of your family find out that he was not coming home.
Speaker 3: So my mom, you know, called all the local hospitals and you know, we put up missing posters and everything. And I actually had to give DNA the school nurse, and you know, my mom kind of made it a ruse, like, oh, you know, the nurse was like, oh, you know, everybody's you know, doing this, you know, swabbing the cheeks. And I saw my mom in the nurse's office and I was like, Mommy, why are you here? And she's like, oh, you know, you know some BS story because you know, I was a little kid and I'd watch watched Unsolved Mysteries, you know, do do do do do?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: And I said, are you taking DNA, and they were all like and then my mom's like, let's go get a happy meal, and I was like, okay. And then my dad's remains got identified in October twenty twenty one.
Speaker 1: Oh they did, fine remains. Wow, you're talking about thirteen months later?
Speaker 3: No? No, no, no, a month later?
Speaker 2: Oh no, I thought you said twenty twenty one, right, right, right, right, right?
Speaker 3: By excuse excuse me, one month, two thousand and one, right right. I know, I know that only forty percent of unfortunately, of the two nine hundred and seventy seven people's, only forty percent of the remains have been found.
Speaker 1: Are you an only child? Yes, okay, So give me one more story about your dad, because people tell me all the time, my dad died six years ago, and they tell me all the time, he listens every no, thank you, not nearly as tragic as your father passed away, but at any rate, they say, he still listens every day, and he's out there as your guardian angel. And all the success you've been having said it's a direct result of your father up in heaven. Give me a story about your father that you would share if you were going to speak about him tonight.
Speaker 3: I would just say how fun he was. He I'm trying to think of the story. Oh my god, sorry, I'm like blighting. Okay, So there was an Italian restaurant and Hoboken. He always took me to call the Ricos, and I remember we went there and he surprised me. I was obsessed with the Backstreet Boys when I was, and I remember I was sitting there and I kept talking. You know, I had a Vasti Boys t shirt and I just kept talking about them. He surprised me with tickets sixth row seats to their millennium concert for me and my cousin Julie and my aunt Grace, and I was It was one of the best memories ever