Speaker 1: Here's your nine first one to weather Hoole Cass Sunday Day after a round one o'clock in the cloud show up seventy seven for the high out of forty six overnight with Partley Clotty. Sky's Partley Clatty tomorrow as well with the high seventy six and again partly to mostly clear overnight lunar eclips Hope it's clear forty eight for the low and highest seventy seven on Friday, again with partly cloudy skies. Right now it's forty degrees in time for chuck Ingram with a traffic update from the uc.
Speaker 2: OFF Traffic Center.
Speaker 3: When it comes to stroke, every second count. So that's why the U see Help Comprehensive Stroke Center. It's the clear choice for wrap them by saving treatment. Learn more at you see holp dot com. Cruise continue to work with the wreck North found seventy one before Montgomery roading ken Wood that trampick is running in extra twenty minutes from before the lateral North found seventy five break lights by the milk to Kyle's and then just before Mitchell through to Town Street and southbound seventy five now in an accident near glenn Dale Milford on the right hand side, coming up next to guests who've just gone back from a weekend trip to Moscow, and all we got was a lousy T shirt, It says Tremblin with the Kremlin. Is that make Kim officially a Red fan? You have to think about that. The Judge's next chucking rom on fifty five krc DE talk Station.
Speaker 1: Five Carcity Talk Station. No, I don't think we can get him too defect and become a Reds fan. The manamth legend that is here on the fifty five Carsey Morning Show every Wednesday at eight thirty. Welcome back to Judge Ennita Polaitano, and a hello from your dear friend, Congressman Thomas Massey, who preceded you and wanted me to pass that along to the extent you weren't listening.
Speaker 2: Welcome back, Oh thank you. Congressman Massey and I spent about a half an hour together on my podcast two weeks ago, and the numbers, of course were through the roof. He has incurred the wrath of the White House. Too bad. He's one hundred percent correct. The defensive budget is already at eight hundred and ninety billion, and the new budget offers some mere five billion more. Yeah, I would have voted against it as well, no matter what my Republican masters or his Republican masters told them.
Speaker 1: Well, it'd be nice if they did their jobs pursuing to their job descriptions. As he explained in the last segment the twelve appropriations bills, they just threw that whole concept out the window for I don't know how many years running. They don't do their job, They run up to a deadline, and then they shove more spending down our throats because of well urgency or something.
Speaker 2: And the only intellectually honest person there shouldn't say it only, but the foremost intellectually honest person there is Congressman Massie Well, I understand, has been threatened by the President of the United States.
Speaker 1: Now, yeah, he was with.
Speaker 2: Primary as opposition. Let them go ahead and try. Thomas Massey will either keep his seat in the House, become the gin your senator from Kentucky, or become the governor of Kentucky.
Speaker 1: I can count on my friends in the Commonwealth to vote for Congressome Massy. At least I believe that he has been primaried in the past with absolutely zero's success. So good Man and some great people in the Commonwealth to keep him in office. How was it you flew them? You flew to Moscow by way of Dubai, which I got to kick out twenty.
Speaker 2: Hours of flying if you count an hour and a half or two hour layover in Dubai, because thanks to the Biden slash Trump sanctions, you cannot fly directly to Moscow from an American or a Western European airport. Have the sanctuous, impaired Moscow, not one bit. Moscow has a hustle and bustle of midtown Manhattan. It is absolutely beautiful. There is no filth, there are no homeless, there are no potholes, there is great prosperity. The Russian Orthodox churches are packed daily and on Sunday. Russian Orthodoxy has risen out of the ashes of the old Soviet Union. It was an extraordinary eye opener for me. It was a very very very pleasant, hectic, but pleasant five days that I was there, culminating in a two hour interview with Foreign Minister lev Roth. There were three of us that got to interview him, and his questions are very long. It's not a q and A. His answers are very long. It's not a Q and A like you and I have. But it was marvelous to be able to interact with him. And then he came over to me afterwards and we chatted for a while. He used to live in the same neighborhood that I live in in New York City when he was the Russian ambassador to the UN, so it was a remarkable time. The American public has a Cold War perception of Russia, and that's not the case. The sanctions have not damaged it. It is actually more prosperous and economically independent than before the sanctions. The top tax rate is ten ten percent. Of the free market reigns and people are happy.
Speaker 1: And I have to interject, I've noted this and I mentioned it to you in my reply to your wonderful Columnich comes out tonight my weekend in Moscow. Have never been in quite comprehend why we didn't normalize relations with Russia after the fall of the Soviet Union. They have turned themselves around. They do have a tremendous amount of wealth, as you observe. They of course ignore these climate nonsense. They're not chasing their zero carbon emission's tail, and a lot of that wealth comes from their sale of oil and natural gas, most notably a lot of European countries who are chasing their tail in the name of zero carbon emissions. But regardless of how the wealth is generated, the opportunity would be available there like it is in China since the Nixon administration for investments. I think we have direct flights from the United States into China, Judge Nepolitano, if I may be wrong on you, yeah.
Speaker 2: We do. You're one hundred percent correct. You know what we have that the Russians don't nine hundred foreign military installations that we constructed and that we pay to maintain. The Russians have twenty five, all of which are around Russia and of strategic importance to the Russian military. Their military budget is a fraction of ours, even though their army is larger and a more forceful gathering than ours. And you know, not only did the Russia not suffering the sanctions, Foreign Minister lev Roff's figures and no one's challenged them, say that American industry lost three hundred and thirty billion in income in the past three years during the Biden Trump sanctions so who did the sanctions harm. The answers rather obvious.
Speaker 1: And the big question looming around is why why is it like this? Is it the fearmongers who insist that this evil Russian baron needs to be kept at bay in spite of the fact they don't represent any existential threat to us really other than the nuclear weapons they have, but they haven't threatened the United States or United States interest with them.
Speaker 2: It's the it's the iron grip that the military industrial complex has on the American Congress and the American government. They may not have that on Donald Trump, but they certainly had it on Joe Biden and on all of his predecessors. I was very disappointed, however, when President Trump announced the resumption the opening of the Joe Biden pipeline, which he had closed for two weeks, back to Kiev, and the opening of the re engagement of the American intelligence community back to Kiev and wherever they go in that part of the world. I was very disappointed to see that, because that continues the Biden nonsense of using Ukraine as a battering ram with which to disrupt Russia. And even if you're paraphrasing Victoria Newland and Hillary Clinton to drive Vladimir Putin from office. He's got an eighty two percent approval rating. If you go there you can see why. I mean, it's a radically different country from the one the Soviets left Yeltsen and Gorbachev, and they don't spend that much money on the military. I think a divert it from your from your question. But I was strainly impressed with what I saw well, and.
Speaker 1: Again I just I just, I just am beside myself. But going to the cutting off of assistance to Ukraine, it's a foregone conclusion. Ukraine cannot win this conflict. It is impossibility. I mean, even as we speak, the Russians are making advances. There's been a thirty day ceasefire, and that was the the the incentive for them to engage in the thirty day ceasefires because Donald Trump cut off their intelligence and aid. Obviously he got the effect the effect he wanted, which is the ceasefire. However, the ball is now in Russia's court and what Vladimir Putin demands in order to end the conflict remains to be seen. Do you get a sense from your conversation with Lavrov What that might entail what the Russians are going to demand by way of concessions.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, it would. It would entail Ukrainian Putin has announced this publicly. It would entail Ukrainian neutrality. It would entail a promise of no NATO in Ukraine for as long as NATO exists. It would entail the recognition of the four Oblasts. An oblast could be compared to an American state or a Canadian province. That's just the Russian word for it. The recognition of the four oblasts in eastern Ukraine, now all under the control of the Russian military, are in fact parts of Russia, the acknowledgment that Crimea is part of Russia. As Lensky can't agree to any of this, which is why when Secretary of State Rubio says we have a ceasefire agreement, the ball is in Russia's court, he knows that Russia is going to reject it. In the small talk that I had with Foreign Minister Lavrov, I said, is there any circumstance under which President Putin would accept a ceasefire short of the achievement of all of your five goals, which I've just ticked off, and he looked at me and he said no. And Marco Rubio knows that. So why is marcor Rubio taunting them in public? What is that going to accomplish other than to send Marco Rubia back to Florida.
Speaker 1: So that necessarily, if this all plays out the way you mentioned, and I have every reason to believe it will, then the war goes on and Russia continue to make inroads into Ukraine. It could conceivably take over the entire country, although I can't imagine that will be to its advantage because it has to make.
Speaker 2: They don't want the entire country. They just want those four oblasts, which are Russian culturally, Russian, historically Russian speaking, Russian Orthodox Church, not Ukrainian Russian Orthodox the one that I went to when I was there. And neutrality for Ukraine. You know, there was an agreement negotiated by the Zilin government agreed to buy the Russian government. Was one hundred and twenty six pages long. Every page was initial and it provided for Ukraine to become like Austria, free, independent, prosperous, andral No, NATO neutral, and Joe Biden sent Boris Johnson. Then the British Prime Minister to Kiev, saying, tell him not to sign it, tell him we'll back him up, We'll beat Russia, will drive Putin from office, and he'll have a place in history. Well it didn't happen.
Speaker 1: That way, No, it didn't. And you got a question what Biden's motivation was for that. I mean, it doesn't make me try and give him credit.
Speaker 2: Has a Cold War mentality and believes that Russia today is the same as the old Soviet Union, a threat to freedom, peace and prosperity. And it's not. President Putin would love nothing more than what Elsair Crook calls the Grand Reset, an opening of the United States and Russia, total opening to cultural and financial interchange to the benefit of both. We never had that under the Soviet Union. We didn't want it. We tried to restrain them. They run the economy, they run freedom, They crushed the church. Russia is the opposite in all of those areas today.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that's why I said, in the aftermath of the Soviet Union, we would have been a position, if we normalize relations with them after that, to have shaped that environment and to have assisted them and to engage in trade. And this reform, and all these positive and good that's come within the Russian economy post Soviet Union probably would have come about a lot earlier, and we would have been able to take advantage of me.
Speaker 2: You know, whati you, American President. They can't stand This might surprise you. When Jim Baker and George W. Bush talked Mikhail Korbachef into releasing East Germany and letting it unite with West Germany in the form Germany as we know it today, they both promised to President Gorbachef that NATO would not move one inch farther eastward, and they kept that promise. Who succeeded George H. W. In the White House who got Poland to join NATO and began arming Ukraine, William Jefferson Clinton. They just have a very, very negative view of Clinton.
Speaker 1: I appreciate your reminding my listeners that it was Clinton who did judge Jennita Polaitano a wonderful conversation. I appreciate your being on the program every Wednesday.
Speaker 2: Fantastic little I'm just a little ex judge from New Jersey. What am I doing in this grand mansion with Saraghen Labrov? It was mind boggling. It was almost like an out body experience for a couple of minutes.
Speaker 1: You've come a long way from your time on the bench. You're honor. We got to all acknowledge that, and with good reason. I'll look forward to next week in another wonderful conversation. Take care of my friend.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Brian, all the best, all the best.
Speaker 1: Day, forty three fifty five krs the talk station. Stick around and be right back fifty five r