Speaker 1: The right quist. Dodgers Playoff Baseball is back, and with it an annual postseason tradition.
Speaker 2: Scam is back.
Speaker 3: Baby.
Speaker 1: This is Saxon Cakes in.
Speaker 4: The a app Back Forward Proway.
Speaker 1: Dodger legend Steve Sacks is joined by your favorite Dodger pregame host, Tim Kates. If you want to talk Dodgers, get in on the show on eighty six six nine, eighty seven two five seven now. While the Dan Patrick Show streams on the Ihearts radio app. We've been banished to the Internet until this Dodgers playoff run concludes. Here they are broadcasting live on AM five to seven LA Sports. It's Tim Kates and Steve Sacks.
Speaker 2: It's sax and Kate's and am right here on A five to seventy LA Sports. You're a home in the World Series Dodgers Yankees Game one right here on an FI seventy LA Sports. Garrett Cole, Jack Flaherty your Game one pitching matchup, Saxon Kate's brought to you by Chef Marino. It's Seasoning, the seasoning partner of the Dodgers. It's a World Series time. Bring out the chef.
Speaker 5: In you, Tim, you know I think we had to do What's that We had to get some some scam merch What do you think.
Speaker 3: I would love that?
Speaker 5: You know, like I don't like the big baseball hats. I like the more of the flatter ones. But did you see like scam on one of those hats? Ah, I ha'd be like cool.
Speaker 2: I had my daughter who loves to like try to like scare me every time I walk around the house. And so now she's instead of saying like you know, boot, she like says scam as she as she tries to scare me, and now you say merchandise. Immediately thought of like the old Batman and Robin, like you know, was like when they punched, it was like pooh wow, and like exclamation marks and like you could do like a scam like exclamation parts. It kind of looks cartoonish, you know, scam.
Speaker 5: I see the hats kind of like in a fusia yellow kind of purple, kind of like Southern cal colors.
Speaker 3: You know, I love it, scam on it. It's just amazing.
Speaker 2: I love it. I love the marketing idea you had a couple of weeks ago with the old toms. Yamamoto, did that.
Speaker 3: Anything come of that yet.
Speaker 2: Uh, they're working on it. Okay, Yeah, our our friend Tracy is efforting it.
Speaker 3: It's got to be huge in Japan. I mean, can you imagine it has to be. I mean they have an indigestion over there, just like we do here.
Speaker 2: I think of the anxiety they're having right now for a humble world the World Series and Otani being from there for the first time. And it's gonna be Friday night here, it's gonna be Saturday morning in Tokyo in Japan them watching Game one, and it's gonna be Sunday morning for Game two.
Speaker 3: How many again there watching in Japan?
Speaker 2: They had for the NLDS Game five, they had twelve million people.
Speaker 3: Wow, amazing. Yeah, that's great, they had twelve million. Him and Yamamoto are gonna really bring him to the tube to watch, you know that. Oh, one hundred percent. It's gonna be fantastic one hundred percent. So good for baseball two. I mean, baseball's always been the sport in Japan. Baby Rooth did Barbot storming tours back then and in Japan, and it was so big then that you're talking in the thirties. So yeah, yeah, it's huge now too.
Speaker 2: It is unbelievable. What the stage is going to be tonight for this Game one of the World Series. How about we giveaway Chef Mariito taco party right now eight sixty six nine eighty seven two five seventy eight sixty six ninety seven two five seventy one lucky Dodger fan is going to have a taco party. Carne a sada, tacos and na chosen those Dodger helmets. You can't get to a game, but you can celebrate at home thanks to Chef Manito Seasoning, the official partner of the Dodgers. In the seasoning, It's World Series time, bring out the chef in you. Eight six six nine eighty seven two five seventy Lucky Caller number five right now is getting a taco party at home during this World Series eight six six ninety eighty seven two five seven Uh. This Game one Tonight's got the three Stars for the Dodgers, the three Stars for the New York Yankees, Soto Judge, Stanton Otani, Betts Freeman for the Dodgers. On paper? Is it even Lee match?
Speaker 3: Saxy?
Speaker 2: Is it is it? Starv's Star? Is there an advantage? Either way you think, uh.
Speaker 3: Hey, it's pretty close.
Speaker 5: And listen if this really says something about the Yankees, because if you can pretty much match up against Otani and Betts and Freeman, wow, I mean that is amazing. But that shows you, you know, the star quality over there. When John Carlos Stanton is on, they probably win. When John Carlos Stanton and Judge are on, definitely gonna win. When Stanton, Judge and Soto are on. Good luck, that's that is tough to beat. So you've got to thwart the ability of two of those guys. Judge really hasn't gotten off the mark yet. And let's just keep it right there. Somebody's gonna pay, but let's have it happen in spring training.
Speaker 3: So there it is. It's close. I mean, it's almost a flip, that's how good they are.
Speaker 2: Do you nibble around those big three hitters for the Yankees with Anthony Rizzo probably gonna be in between Judge and Stanton.
Speaker 5: Some probably Yeah, I mean, you know, Rizzo, he's a you know, this guy's a this guy's a really good player, really good baseball player. However, he's got two broken fingers on his right hand. Yeah, and it's that's gonna be a matter of time before that thing heals up. I think you, I think you bury him inside as much as you possibly can and kind of neutralize his power. He becomes then just kind of like a singles maybe a double hitter, but he can't he can't pull the bat through with that right hand. I saw him in you know, in his last games. Unless something happens with his rehab that shoots him forward. But what I saw was he he was a guy that can just flare it the other way right now, and you know, he's right on top of the plate, gets hit a lot, so he challenges the ball inside. Tough for him to do with two broken fingers.
Speaker 2: Let's go out to our Dodger insider, the one and only David vasse joins now and we appreciate them being with us today. It's gonna be a long one game one coming up at five oh eight. He's got pre he's got post. He'll be at the stadium all day long. He's the best insider out there. He was out a media day yesterday Saxy. He had an hour long Dodger Talk last night talking to Brian Cashman, Jean Carlos, Stanton, Chris Taylor, Alex Vesia. It was a who's who on Dodger Talk last night for David vest.
Speaker 3: That's what David does. Yes, he's one guy that can do that.
Speaker 2: I mean, the rest of the media's racing to get to Otani. David walks calm and cool as can be to get to the media day because the players come to him. He is David veasse, what's up, David?
Speaker 3: How you doing?
Speaker 6: Damn? I am taking you guys everywhere with me. You just make that announcement as I walk into the clubhouse. I'll get any interview I need.
Speaker 2: We'll do it for you, and we'll get the Rocky theme going for you. David and all Saxy gave us the greatest story of all time, David real quick.
Speaker 3: He said it.
Speaker 2: During the playoffs in nineteen eighty eight, Kenny G was performing the national anthem and it was so bad David that he got a baseball. John Shelby not only did he booje on Kenny G, he threw the baseball at Kenny G and hit him with the baseball after he performed Yes in the ankle.
Speaker 6: Hey, Steve, that doesn't surprise me because John Shelby when he was a coach with the Dodgers, he was very judgmental of the anthem singer. He did not like the anthem singer. He would he would shout brutal, brutal.
Speaker 5: Absolutely, thank you John for carrying on the tradition. Absolutely, there you go.
Speaker 3: Yeah, here's the best.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I love Key Bow. What a great guy.
Speaker 3: Yep, David.
Speaker 2: David were a few hours away from the roster coming out, and usually don't get too excited about the World Series roster getting announced, but there could be some big moves for the Dodgers affecting their bullpen, getting some arms back. This is gonna be a big announcement a couple hours.
Speaker 6: Yeah. And I thought yesterday at Media Day talking to Alex Vescia, it gave the Dodgers a big boost of confidence that after him throwing the hitters two days ago, he felt goot eight coming out of it. And the reason why I point out Alexsia is because he is the weapon to get Juan Soto out. Juan Soto in four at bats against Alex Vesia in his career does not have a hit. We saw with Alex Vesia and how he was deployed against Sodo in the Bronx during the summer. He is vital to the Dodgers game plan to get these big boys out and he is the guy to get Soto out. So it is huge to have Alex Vesia healthy and ready to go in this World Series because if they did not have Alexsia, it has a ripple effect on a couple of different fronts. Number One, they did have to piece it together without him in a bullpen game during the NLCS twice. That made it tough for Dave Roberts to navigate twenty seven outs. Number Two, in the World.
Speaker 7: Series, like I said, Vesia is the guy to face one Soto and whoever's hitting behind him because he's able to get righty's and lefties out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're the best. You're right, David.
Speaker 5: Good to be with you this morning, David, speaking of all the pitching, I mean, just to wrap the whole thing up. You starters against you know, LA starters against the New York starters. Is it that the Dodgers need to push, stretch whatever they can do. They need thirty to thirty two innings out of those starters. And then my second part of my question is how do the bullpens match up with Weaver and Hill and those guys on the other side against the Dodgers' bullpen.
Speaker 6: Well, number one, I saw Tommy Kinley's act a lot with the Dodgers, and I wasn't impressed in the Alcs. Only did was throw his change up, and the Dodgers created that monster. They were the ones that told him fastball, change up, and they obviously know what's coming from Tommy Kinley and how to identify that change up. As far as the starting pitching goes, Steve, that's odd.
Speaker 8: Obviously.
Speaker 6: If you're doing a tale of the tape, that's where the Yankees have the advantage, right That's where they're at. And from my understanding, talking to some players that have watched the video, talking to people that have covered the Yankees during the course of October, they actually told me they believe right now Carlos Rodin has better stuff than Garrett Cole. A lot of people are very nervous on the Yankee side about what they're going to get from Garrett Cole with the way he's pitched recently. So that's just a little heads up on you know, the here and now. It's one thing to look at the body of work, but that doesn't mean a lot in the here and now, And for what I understand the here and now, rodn is pitching better than Garrett Cole.
Speaker 2: David vesa our Dodger insider with us as we are live in local all day long leading up to first pitch at five oh eight from the Galpum Motors broadcast with Dodgers and Yankees David. Jack Flaherty looked calm and cool speaking to the media yesterday. What's the vibe you got from him in the last couple of days leading up to this game?
Speaker 3: One start?
Speaker 2: I know he's excited. It's what he's always dreamed of. The last time out, still got that kind of sour taste in his mouth from Game five of the NLCS.
Speaker 6: Yeah. One thing about Jack Clarty, nobody knows what he's thinking. He's a guy that keeps it very close to the vest. I even was talking to some of his teammates and they said, we don't even know. We don't really know how he's feeling day to day. He doesn't really say a lot. But my understanding is is Jack's a guy that if the first inning goes well, he's going to have a good start. If it doesn't go well, it's going to be a rough day. So you're hoping tonight that the first inning goes well for him. Obviously it's not going to be easy. He's one of the tougher first innings you're going to have to see with Juan Soto up there and possibly Aaron Judge. So the first inning is going to be a great tell sign. And look, here's another subplot. The Yankees almost the trigger on a trade for Jack Flaherty, but at the eleventh hour pulled out over concerns with his back, and that's been something that has gotten out there publicly and ever since then. Whenever the fastball velocity is down, there's a lot of questions about whether or not Jack is feeling great physically. He hasn't said anything. Obviously, he has a lot of money at stake. He's a free agent at the end of the year, so he's not really going to reveal too much on that front. But you just hope, you know, I don't have any concerns about him. In LA the back is easier and your body as a whole is easier to loosen up than it is in forty degree.
Speaker 3: Weather back East, Yeah, David.
Speaker 5: As far as the time off used to be a big, big thing to talk about, you know, the rust factor and all that. Dodgers kind of put that to bed when they had that time off and came up and beat which what I think is probably the second best team in all the playoffs, the San Diego Padres took care of them. Now you have another layoff, any tall talk about you know, guys are rust or what's the workout in preparation been like? Were they able to mimic what they did in getting ready for the Padres?
Speaker 6: Actually steve to a man. All the Dodgers say the time off was beneficial because of how banged up they are as a team, right Freddie Freeman, and also the bullpen. The bullpen could need it these days off to reset for the World Series after pitching two bullpen games and being used quite a bit. So this is a welcomed five days off and it was used to get guys right physically.
Speaker 2: David, we appreciate you jumping on this morning. It's going to be a great day out of Dodgers Stadium. I know you'll be out there in a couple of hours. He'll hear you on Petchrol, some money, Marongo Casino, Dodgers on deck, and of course all the postgame festivities as well. It's a big one at city. Is a buzz for Game one of this world series.
Speaker 6: Thanks TV, you to man, David Hey, thanks guys, and John Shelby will love the national anthem today, Paisley, you'll going to deliver better than Kenny g and eighty eight.
Speaker 3: I got that right, Thanks David Hey, you guys all right?
Speaker 2: There he goes the great David Vesse, who was at Dodger Stadium until eight o'clock last night doing Dodger talk and just killing it as far as his coverage is concerns.
Speaker 3: Isn't that cool what he said? Though? I mean, you guys even looked it up. Mike Marshall, this is arace to America.
Speaker 2: I love it. I love that it was it was. I wish there's video of it. We're seeing videos of uh Plasito what's the guy's name? Yes, yes, singing it in the NLD NLCS as well at at Dodger Citi Voice.
Speaker 3: You didn't boo him, did you? They'll know? Okay, they'll know.
Speaker 2: Uh we mentioned it one lucky Dodger fan's gonna have a taco party for af for twenty people at their house watching this world series. Congratulations Victor and Pasadena, you're the winner of the taco party. You're gonna have nachos out of those Dodger helme. You're gonna have a great time watching Dodgers baseball. You can't be at the game, but you're gonna live it with Dodger Stadium food at your house.
Speaker 3: Victor.
Speaker 6: Congratulations, Thank you guys, Thank you so much.
Speaker 3: Hey, Victor, can Kates and I come over?
Speaker 6: Absolutely, come on down.
Speaker 3: That sounds good.
Speaker 4: Kid.
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 2: Well, on the nachos, are you just cheese and carne asada? On the chips? Are you you know obviously salts? Are you putting halapagos sour cream? You're putting it all on there? Are you mixing and match? What kind of guy are you?
Speaker 4: Victor?
Speaker 6: No works, putting it all in there with sasa alapaos, walk them all everything.
Speaker 2: Okay, you're gonna have a great time thanks to our friends at Chef Mariito's seasoning. You are gonna have yourself a little party carne asada, tacos, nachos, and the Dodgers helmets congratulations Victor.
Speaker 4: Thank you guys, thank you so much.
Speaker 3: Go Dodgers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Victor, hide to sour cream though stuff makes me throw up. Not a sour cream guy, You're not a dairy guys that w.
Speaker 3: No, No, I don't like sour cream. I hate it. Right, mayonnaise, godat.
Speaker 2: Take the sour cream off, Saxons, please, thank you.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 2: No sour cream, no mayonnaise, nod, no bad singing in the national anthem, and no sour cream.
Speaker 3: And no cilantro. What tastes like soap? All right?
Speaker 2: That's dude, do hey light in the sand?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 5: How many people hate cilantro? There's a gene in your body, whether you love it or you hate it, and I hate it.
Speaker 3: It tastes like paint thinner.
Speaker 2: Those could be fighting words right now, Saxony, guess No so cilantro, I guess. So when we come back, Andre Ethier joins us, and we're gonna announce one lucky winner that's going to Game two of the World Series. Saxon kates in the am. Thanks for being with us on this Friday morning lead up to Game one of the World Series on seventy l A Sports. It's Saxon Kate's in the am here on an five seventy l A Sport's your home of the Dodgers, live in local all day. Rogan and Rodney will take over at nine am this morning and noon Petros some money al Marango Casino. Dodgers on deck starting at four pm this afternoon. First pitch from the Gallupin Motors Broadcast Booth. Dodgers Yankees Game one of the World Series is coming up at five oh eight. Congratulations to our winner of the Chef Manito carne Asada, Taco and Nacho's party coming up here in the World Series. They start friends at Chef Manito's seasoning. This official seasoning partner the Dodgers. It's World Series time. Bring out the chef and you coming up in about ten or fifteen minutes. Be by your phone. If you were out at the bjas In Restaurant and Brewhouse in Racho Cucamonga yesterday and we're one of the hundreds upon hundreds that signed up and register to win Game two World Series tickets, be listening, have your phone on you. We are gonna call the lucky winner. They are pulling the winner right now and in just a few minutes, we will call the live winner on the air and congratulate them on winning those game two World Series tickets like Aaron and east Ella one yesterday could be you. So it'll be standing by your phone, Saxy and honoring a pleasure now to spend a few minutes with a former Dodger twelve years with the Dodgers. Came up with the Dodgers, retired as a Dodger, a two time All Star, a Gold Glove winner, a Silver Slugger Award winner. He went to the postseason eight years. He went to the NLCS five different times, and went to the World Series in twenty seventeen. He is Andre Ethier and he joins this year on a five seventy LA Sports. Andre.
Speaker 4: Good morning to Tim with Steve is doing it?
Speaker 3: What's up doing?
Speaker 2: Fantastic Dodgers Yankees biggest stage the World Series. I know you were in New York for the NLCS a week or so ago. Now he got Dodgers and Yankees on the biggest stage. How big is this for baseball? On the Dodgers, I.
Speaker 4: Should just say it doesn't get any bigger than it is. And I think you keep seeing it and you hear it, and you know, it's really big because the amount of hate that's coming from the other side saying that it is a you know, doesn't mean really mean that much because these teams are supposed to be here. But you know, with that being said, yeah, it's a big series. You got, you know, arguably two of the bigger sluggers, you know, the biggest sluggers in the game, if not three or four of you know, sluggers in the game that a would be squaring off iconic franchises. Everyone knows what an n Why Yankee hat looks like. Everyone knows what our LA Dodgers hat looks like, you know, and it's it's it's I just can't believe that, you know. You say, it's still going to be the twelfth meeting, and it's going to be the first time and what is it forty three years that they've met up, and it's the matchup of a lifetime. It really is. I'm forty two and I've never got to see this myself and I get to finally get a chance to see a Yankees Dodgers world series.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Andre, good to be with you this morning. And obviously this is going to be an epic battle. Looking at this Yankee lineup with its it out a bit with the Soto probably gonna hit second Judge, third John Carlo down in the fits lot.
Speaker 3: He's probably the hottest guy on the planet.
Speaker 5: How do you which guy do you aim to kind of nail, which guy you want to pitch around, or what's kind of the weak spot that you can attack in this Yankee lineup? It's pretty stacked.
Speaker 1: Cool.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think they've done a good job of what they're and then you know, they added back Rizzo and it gets even longer when that happens, and I think you just got to, you know, pick and choose. I think I think they they pose the same risk that we see on the dogger side, right like we have the keyk's, you know, the admins that you start going and and hey, I'm not gonna let this guy hurt me at the top lineup, and you start letting those guys in the Pottle lineup have those bats that are the high pressure and they come through. And I think that's the same thing the Yankees have done really well of and just have a great overall offensive balance. And yeah, their star had that big hit in the game, that put him over the top to you know, clinch that person series. But there was a lot of offense added from those guys who you you don't expect. I guess, I guess it wouldn't be saying you don't expect. It's just you know that Judge, you know that Stamp, you know that Soto is going to get their, get their you know, chances to make big impacts in the game. And when they have guys at the other part of the lineup stepping up, getting big hits, keeping things going, that's when it makes it tough for you know, a pitching staff, a team to keep going out there battling.
Speaker 2: Andre Freddie Freeman just hasn't been the same since the ankle injury and missed a couple of games in the NLCS watching from the dugout because it's still bothering him and it will continue to bother him until this postseason is over. As a left handed hitter yourself, can you kind of tell our listeners, you know, the right ankle sprain, how much you need that in hitting at the plate as a left handed hitter and why, you know, for a lot of Dodger fans wondering what it's an ankle sprain. How much does it really bothering a guy who plays first base and is a left handed hitter. How much you really need that right ankle in the box?
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, for one, that right ankle, that's that slide leg out on front. And you know, if you have certain mechanics, you want to stay square to home plate rather than you know, kind of rotated. And you know, if everyone can kind of imagine that, you know, you got your rectangle batter's box and you're trying to keep yourself as square as possible towards the plate, you know, not towards the field. And if you have to kind of start opening up your front side of your foot and the front side and rotating that front foot more towards the playing field, more towards the pitching. You know, the picture out there, you're starting to start losing some of your mechanics, you start losing some of the things that make you a great successful hitter. And by all means, Freddy could probably go up there and hit any way possible. He could probably go up there and hit in multiple different stands with you know, the you know, hand eye coordination to bat to the ball, that he's able to provide, but it's not going to be the same Freddy that everyone's used to and see, and I think that's kind of the frustrating part for him for fans what we're seeing. But you know, I think it's a two to three to four week but digression of you know, his injury, and I think we're right there at that four week spot where you know, hopefully it's going to be so it's going to be painful for him, but it's going to be hopefully toggled enough where he can start and get back into that comfortable stance, that comfortable position, and start taking as soon as he wants. And then obviously at first base, you know, it's just that side to side that's probably what's the worst. Going going straight with any acile Indy right, Steve, you know, you know that like going straight back and forth, it's fine, but as soon as you have to cut, as soon as you have to turn over, so you have to get any angle, any you know, any type of turn, especially running the bases, get that angle where you're running. It's it's actually kind of nice I'm thinking about now to have a right angle spring because you're not getting over the top because we're always turning left in baseball, right, we're always turning left when we run on the basis, So he's only have to get over the top of his left ankle. But if he was having to get over the top of his right angle right ankle and step over himself to run the bases of the opposite direction, that's when he gets painful. And you could kind of see that when he has to go to the ball the whole to the right side. You have to get over that ankle, and it's probably becoming a little subtle, a little, a little, you know, I guess changing the mechanic's body gets sore, all that stuff, and you know it's kind of just chasing that that uh, you know, that little source spot around his body.
Speaker 5: Now, yeah, you know, andre I wanted to talk to you speaking about running the bases this.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 5: These teams are both built, both built for slug However, the Dodgers really have the advantage, I believe as far as a team speed. We saw Otani go from first to home the other day without breaking a sweat, look like he was just having a good time dancing around the dancing around the bases. But is this something that could be a difference maker the overall team speed for the Dodger. You were a gold glove outfielder, you know the difference in what speed means to peek up a little bit early when you think those guys might be going an extra base. How about the the the advantage of team speed and the the the pressure that it puts on the defense.
Speaker 4: Well, I think we can just wipe off this conversation because he's a whole He's a whole thing of his own right, Like I don't even know. I still can't grasp my head around the fifty stolen bases and fifty home runs. I mean fifty home runs. I can see fifty sole voices is mind body? And I think Aaron, uh, you know, Judge said it the best, Like, I mean, he's the best. Let's just keep it there. It's all impressive. But yes, uh, Dodgers their team speed, you know they can base running speed puts a lot of pressure on defense, and it does it in many ways. It doesn't ball hits it infielder guy has great speed. He can beat it out, rush Russians to field in the ball, rush them to throw it. A lot of things can happen. Same thing with you know, guys on base. Pitchers have to change up their their wind ups, their cadences on the mound. Maybe they're going to hang a slider now, make a bad pitch bound something because they're focused. You know, they're focus on the base runners a little bit more than the hitter. We get a cookie as a hitter boom, you know, speed does it. Same thing. All field just makes make mistakes. It's it's across the board. Managers will start pressing, uh, you know, to have a just pick play here. Third base coach now has to be a little bit better on you know, how you're sending guys all this stuff. If your team isn't going well, he doesn't run a basis, well do I take a chance and take a risk? So I think if the Dodgers just keep you know, doing what they do, running the bases they can and the way they can, the way we have seen them throughout this playoffs, Yeah, I think it's definitely advantage for the Dodgers of the of the way they've run the basis. And you know, we got a guy who's at the top of the lineup on base a lot who's gonna put a lot of pressure on them.
Speaker 3: Andre.
Speaker 2: Final thing, who do you like in this World Series? The two best teams in baseball finally meeting off in the World Series Dodgers Yankees Game one tonight. Which way you leaning?
Speaker 4: Well, I don't think that's even a question, Come on that. You know, you know the way I lean, I always lean. I always lean our way to the to the left coast to l a.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 4: You know, I have a lot of love, uh, you know, for this team, a lot of love to organization. And you know, I'm just happy, you know that they're back in the World Series, you know where they belong playing against on a big stage like this. You know, I I believe our our boys in Blue are going to pull out, uh, you know, a great World Series for us and and like this team saying get us, get us this parade in LA that's been long, long wanted, uh, you know, for this uh city, for these fans and deserving of you know where they've where they built this organization back up to. And you know, I'm hoping we get another uh a couple of year span like the Yankees Dodgers had back in the late seventies and early eighties. There we get a repeat of uh, you know, a few had to have matchups in the World Series again, repeating themselves for the next four or five years and get a chance to you know, see that you know type of baseball and build up this rivalry again. They're just so great. But dodgering all day. World Series champs. Let's talk next not this Monday, but next Monday about that championship.
Speaker 3: Let's do it. We do it.
Speaker 2: We'll make a date of it. Andre, thanks for joining us this morning. It's gonna be a heck of a World Series gets underway tonight. Thanks for joining us and talk a little Dodgers Baseball. Really appreciate it. Thanks, Andre, Yeah.
Speaker 4: I appreciate it. You guys see at the ball park, all right.
Speaker 2: See out there, Andre Ethier, Dodger great joining us here on Saxon Kate's in the am. You know what, let's take a little early break here, guys. Let's let's get ready because when we come back, we're gonna do it. We're gonna give away Game two World Series tickets. So if you registered yesterday, if you're out at Rogan and Rodney's remote Bjay's Restaurant in brew House and Rancho Cucamonga, and you're registered and gave all your information. Get by your phone right now, have it on your hand. If you're at home, it's a landline, it's a cell phone, work phone, wherever you're at, whatever number you gave for your contact, be ready because we're gonna call you if you're the winner.
Speaker 3: Nice.
Speaker 2: Be listening when we come back, We're give it away Game two World Series tickets and we're gonna get Steve's keys to a game one win tonight. It's been a great morning. Thanks for being with us, Thanks for making us a part of your drive, your commute, your way to work, your way to school. We're live in local all day long on your home with the Dodgers a FI seventy LA Sports. It's game in the morning, Saxon Kate's in the am. You're at your home with the Dodgers am FI seventy LA Sports, Live in local all day Rogan and Rodney coming up at nine o'clock this morning. At noon, it's the Petros and Money Show. Four o'clock, Marongo Casino, Dodgers on deck, first pitch in the Gallping Motors broadcast booth. He is coming up at five oh eight petrol some money, You're gonna have your chance to go to a Game two viewing party at COSM Los Angeles with those gigantic screens where you can watch the Dodger game with a bunch of Dodger fans in a great atmosphere. So that's coming up at noon today. With petros and money, we're gonna get Steve's keys to a Game two, a Game one, excuse me, Game one World Series win tonight with Jack Felherity and Garrett call the pitching matchup. But if you're at Rogan Rodney's a peerage yesterday at the BJ's Restaurant and brew House in Orange, you registered to win Game two World Series tickets. We gave away tickets yesterday to one lucky Dodger fan who signed up at Hollywood Park Casino and is now going to Game one tonight. Yesterday you had to be a BJ's Restaurant in brew House and ratchri of Cuga Manga to win Game two World Series tickets. Let's call the winner right now on the air and uh, hopefully they pick up. If they don't pick up, we're gonna go to the next person. So we will call that person right now live on the air here on m FI seventy LA Sports, Saxon Kates and they am Hopefully they pick up. We'd be certainly disappointing if they didn't. I hope they picked up. Hello Aaron, please, yeah, this is a Hey Aaron. This is Tim Kates and Steve Sacks on am FI seventy LA Sports are alive on the air right now.
Speaker 3: How you doing today?
Speaker 4: Pretty good?
Speaker 3: How are you?
Speaker 2: I'm doing good? What were you doing yesterday? Did you go to a Pj's restaurant in brew house in Ratcha, Cookamonga.
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Sure did?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 2: Did you register to win Game two World Series tickets?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I did?
Speaker 2: And do you put all your information in there and you're waiting around to see if you won?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I did.
Speaker 2: He guess what, Aeron? You want tickets? You're going to Game two?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Heck, yeah, that's awesome.
Speaker 3: That's a way to do it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Aaron, I thought you'd be a little bit more excited about going to Game two of the World Series.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 2: Are you at work right now?
Speaker 4: I'm getting ready for work.
Speaker 2: Getting ready for work, So you're at the home right now.
Speaker 5: He's kind of wondering if this is a scam, and in a lot of ways, He's right. It is a We are scammed, but this is no scam.
Speaker 2: This is no scam. Aaron. You're going to Game two of the World Series. It's the hottest ticket in sports. It's the biggest thing happening globally right now in the world of sports, showing Otani, Aaron Judge, Dodgers, Yankees, and five seventy LA sports. We're sending you to Game two and all you had to do was sign up at Bjay's restaurant in brew House yesterday with Rogan and Rodney, and now you're a winner. How about that.
Speaker 4: That's awesome, man, I'm super stoked. That's so cool.
Speaker 3: Who are you gonna take? Do you know yet?
Speaker 7: I'm not sure.
Speaker 4: I think I might ask my dad, but I'm not sure if he wants to try to deal with the whole getting unto Odger Stadium on traffic.
Speaker 2: But I think it will be worth it.
Speaker 3: Aron.
Speaker 2: My guess is he's gonna say yes, that it's gonna be worth going with you to Game two of the World Series. Congratulations. We're gonna put you on a hold.
Speaker 3: That fact.
Speaker 2: We got your information, Aaron, so we will reach out to you and get you those Game two World Series tickets. I know a lot of disappointed Dodger fans did not win those Game two tickets, so we appreciate you. Hanging out yesterday with Rogan and Rodney out of Bjay's Restaurant in brew House. Congratulations to Aaron from the nine toh nine h he's going to Game two. I thought we get a little bit more excitement at Aaron. You know, well, I think he was. I think he was a little bit shocked, and I think he was trying to figure the whole thing out. But once he found out, I think that he.
Speaker 3: Was all in. I mean, you heard it coming out. They're a little bit towards the end, so he's going to be ecstatic.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 5: As far as the other people goes, they got to have some good food and some good time, so it wasn't a total loss.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it'll be an exciting series if you can go great. We were sending two listeners to game one and game two. The hardest ticket in town. We've got CosIng tickets coming up for a Game two of vi IIan Party. We gave away some great chef meurto Taco party to Victor in Pasadena. He and nineteen of his closest friends and family are going to have nachos and taco's courtesy of our friends at Chef Meurto. So it's been a fun weekly up to this world series. Thanks for being with us the entire week. We'll be back next week as well, and hopefully we're talking about a two to zero Dodgers series league going back to the Bronx with Game three on Monday, they're gonna be by the time we get back on the air on Monday, Saxy games one and two will be in the books. Yeah, we're gonna be hours away from games three as they play Games three, four, and five Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday right out at New York at the Yankee Stadium there.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's gonna be great. And yeah, by the time we talk next week, two games are in the book. It'd be nice to get two of those. But you know, the Yankees are coming in here and they're looking for a split, that's all looking then, they're looking for at least two two out of three back at Yankee Stadium. I think the Dodgers can thwart that effort and win them both in Yankee win Dodger Stadium. But you gotta win number one first.
Speaker 2: We're gonna get your keys in just a couple of minutes here Dodger, Bob and Malibu has been waiting way too long. We appreciate that, Bob. Good morning, Sacks.
Speaker 8: Okay, it's good to talk to you guys this morning. What an exciting day for US Angelinos here man in US Dodgers fans.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no doubt about which.
Speaker 4: Gott Thank you guys for taking the call.
Speaker 8: Quick question for you guys, Steve, Yes, if you go on the internet in the wake of the tragic news of losing Fernando, they do not list Fernando as an eighty eight World Series winner.
Speaker 4: Do you know the reason why he is not credited for that? Steve?
Speaker 8: I know he was injured in the postseason, but he did play obviously on the regular season roster.
Speaker 3: Is there a reason, you mean, like he wasn't part of the team.
Speaker 8: That's what the Internet does not acknowledge Fernando as being credited with the eighty eight ring.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and so I know he was injured that year, so he I think he was on the roster. If he wasn't on the roster, that's probably why they say that. However, he was a World Series You know, he was part of the World Series. He's go get he got a ring for sure because he contributed to the ball club during the season. So I'm not sure if he was on the roster and heard at that time or not.
Speaker 2: He pitched in twenty three games in nineteen eighty eight. He was five and eight. Yeah, the four twenty four e So if you played during the regular season, I thought you were credited with getting a ring if the team goes on to win.
Speaker 3: Oh, you know, he got a ring, there's no question.
Speaker 5: Thank you do, Dodger Bob. Yeah, he got a ring, no doubt about it. He was part of the team. Whether he was on I don't remember. I don't think he was on the roster because he was hurt at the time. Yeah, however he did get a ring for sure. Yeah, he's he's a World Series champ, whether Wikipedia says it or not.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's a World Series champ. He was part of our team absolutely.
Speaker 2: Daniel and Santa Ana, welcome to Saxon Kate's and am how you doing?
Speaker 9: Daniel, Hey, good morning, guys. Stayed on King will Tail because I know what the youth speaks Spanish. But I want to talk about Fernando real quick. How especially mister Sax helped out because he speaks Fanish. I didn't know that until yesterday.
Speaker 8: Because I didn't know until a couple of days ago.
Speaker 9: That mister Sax used to play in Venezuela. Yes, and but others I want to mention on that team, where like guys like my social Steve Garvey, both of who played with Yeah, I think it is that we say in Dominican Republic, Dusty Baker who played with Yaquis going in the Mexican Pacific League, and a few others, you know, so they wouldn't be Fernando Mania without them. I think you, mister Sax, along with the other players that I mentioned, helped them succeed in Los Angeles.
Speaker 4: Thanks, have a good day, Go Dodgers, buddy.
Speaker 2: Appreciate that. Very nice you've talked about that Saxy. Mike Sosha mentioned it. I heard Oral Hersheiser mention it that, Yeah, you guys were there to also kind of protect Fernando as well at the major league level because of a guy that starred him the language barrier. You know, you guys looked out for him a lot in those early years. Yeah, and of course, and he was he was so special. But I want to just give a shout out there too. At the times I played not only in Venezuela, but I played in Mexico as well at the Siria del caive Uh. And I just absolutely love the Mexican nation. I love the Mexican people. They're so passionate, they know baseball, and they're really great hearted people and they're just the best. And so we really love Fernando and we wanted to do that for him.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 2: Steve's Keys to a Game, Game one World Series win, first pitch at five. Oh wait, Garrett Cole goes for the Yankees. Jack Flaherty goes for the Dodgers. Game one tonight, the keys for the Dodgers to pull out of victory.
Speaker 5: Steve, Okay, So I'm laying in bed today this morning at three eight am, and I'm thinking about this and actually that's when your senses. I didn't know this, but your senses are at their peak at about three o'clock in the morning. And maybe that's why it came to me. And for some reason, I'm thinking about this game, and I'm thinking Garrett Cole, Heret Cole, and for some reason, I'm not peaking that Garrett, that Garrett Cole is going to be a factor. I mean, I think they can get to Garrett Cole. And isn't it odd that the caller called earlier and said that, you know, Garrett Cole's not the bomb right now, it's it's a Carlos Rodin And so I thought, you know, that would kind of kind of wrap it up for me. I think the Dodgers going to get to Garrett Cole's That's not going to be the issue for me. We might have a nine to eight game todaying on Flarity. So I think in my in my estimation, the key is going to be how well can Flarity keep those guys in check? Can we get five or six innings of shove with charity with Flarity? And if we can, we're gonna win because I think the Dodgers will score on Garrett Cole. It's the question is will the Yankees score on Flarity? And I think if Jack can hold him a check, that the Dodgers are going to have a nice victory tonight.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, I don't worry about the Dodgers offense at all. It's Jack Flarity. I think he'll get you. Yes, Yeah, that's gonna be it, very simple, very plain on what's going to be the reason why?
Speaker 3: And I think that's it.
Speaker 2: It's is a game one n LCS shut out innings Jack Flarity against the Mets, or is it Game five at City Field? Struggle to give up eight runs in three innings? Jack Flarity? I know he was sick in Game five, certainly dish of different stadium, different outcome, But which one are we going to get? And down the stretch. Even in his last couple starts with the Dodgers in the regular season, it was sort of that Jeckel and Hide, it was that which good guy we're gonna get? Which Jack flaherity are we not going to get? In his starts? One hundred percent. This is all on and I hate to put the pressure on him, well fair or not, but this is all on Jack Flarity.
Speaker 5: That's okay. Pressure Sometimes pressure is good. And as you said, the last three games, he had an ERA in the sixes. But are we gonna see something different? Are we gonna see that Sandwich game in the playoffs where he went seven innings and against the Mets as that Game one. It just absolutely shoved. That's the guy that we got to see and you know what the pressure comes with it. You know, he applied for the job and that's part of the deal. Now, am I here to hear this?
Speaker 3: Correct?
Speaker 2: I might be looking face to face as Steve Sacks on Monday morning.
Speaker 3: Guess what we've got next Monday and Tuesday. We've got scam.
Speaker 2: Yes in studio live and in studio together again. And it feels so good. We're gonna be scamming in the studio. Love it cannot wait. Monday morning, six am. We'll be back together in studio here on a f I seventy LA Sports. Thanks to Michelle, Thanks to Zach for coming in this morning. Thanks to all you for being a part of the show. Congratulations to Aaron from the nine oh nine he is the winner of the Game two World Series tickets. Congratulations to Victor for Pasadena for winning that carne asada taco party courtesy of Chef Madito. Coming up next, he is stretching, He is getting ready. He is Fred Rogan and he joins AFI seventy Next Rogan and Rodney live a local all day up to Game one of the World series,