Speaker 1: Now your host walking you up to first pitch. It's Tim Kays.
Speaker 2: Good afternoon and welcome in two mo. Rongo Casino Dodgers on deck. Hope you're enjoying this beautiful Saturday afternoon here in southern California Easter weekend. You're a world champion. Los Angeles Dodgers on the road in Texas and they're fifteen and six on this season. The Boys in Blue on a little bit of heater right now, winners of four in a row. Today in Texas, they look to make it five straight. With Rochi Sasaki on the mound, is first time facing the Rangers. First pitch from Globe Live Field is coming up at one oh five. Coming up here over the next hour on Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck, You're gonna hear for the manager himself, Dave Roberts. We'll check in with Max Munsey as David Vasse goes one on one with the Dodger third baseman. We'll preview this great pitching matchup after last night's great pitching matchup in the series opener, we got your Dodgers magical moment. Kirsten Watson will visit with Tommy Edmond we've got your prize picks play of the Day. Just a few minutes, we'll send it out to the Galloping Motors broadcast booth with Steven Nelson and rig Monday. Well, last night it was Yoshi Yamamoto and Jacob de Grom. Great pitching matchup on paper, and it lived up to the hype bo starters would go seven innings last night. Yamamoto seven shutout innings. He scattered just five hits while punching out Teddy through a season high one hundred and two pitches. Jacob de Grom, the former Cy Young Award winner, seven innings, allowed just one run on three hits, punching out seven. His mistake came to the first batter of the game, Tommy.
Speaker 3: Edmond one and then swings it, hits it high in the air right field, pushing back toward the wall.
Speaker 1: Its gone. Tommy with a tight.
Speaker 4: To kick things off, going into the bullpen in right center field, and just like that, Edmund's seventh home run of the year makes it one nothing.
Speaker 2: Dodgers. Tommy Evan goes deep. He's got seven home runs already on the season through twenty one games. Dodgers with a one nothing lead, It was a great pitching match up the rest of the way, as the Dodgers next fourteen of the sixteen hitters would be retired by Jacob deGrom. Ya'm a moto and de Grom went back and forth for seven innings. Just that one mistake, the home run to Tommy Edmond, was the difference. In the ninth, the Dodgers with a key insurance run thanks to ta Oscar.
Speaker 3: I'm just trying to start this road trip right. A lead one to nothing in the ninth can add more. The one two pitch ta Oskar takes it the other way. That's so base hit to right field Edman. Truck's hold.
Speaker 4: The Dodgers double the lead once again. Ta Oscar with two strikes delivers.
Speaker 2: Ta Oscar Hernandez with the RBI single, scoring Tommy Edman. Before that, Freddie Freeman was intentionally walked, so tay Oscar made him pay. Two batters later, Will Smith the sackfly, scoring Chris Taylor, the pinch runner, Dodgers a three nothing lead. Tanner Scott got the bottom of the ninth inning, Corey Seeger the form me Dodger a leadoffs single, then at fielder's choice one out runners on first, Garcia single to left. Now runners on first and second with two outs, Josh Young would double hit into a double play, the old five to four to three double play to end the game, started by Max Munzi. Jung didn't run hard all the way down the first base line, thinking was a foul ball. It was fair, and the Dodgers get to win three to nothing over the Texas Rangers. Yoshi Yamamoto now three and one on the season. Dodgers with the victory, improved a fifteen and six overall. They've now won four in a row. Looking to make it five straight. With Roki Sasaki on the mound, first pitch coming up at one to five and with more we head out to the gallp in Mooters broadcast booth as we welcome in Steven Nelson and Rick Monday. Guys appreciate it.
Speaker 5: Tim.
Speaker 3: We are back at Globe black Field. Quick turnaround for the Dodgers and Rangers for Game two of this series. Moll and gotta go back to last night. We mentioned it several times on the broadcast, but you know, once we got back to the hotel last night, I was sitting in there and kind of reflect on what.
Speaker 5: We saw that was just a good old fashioned ball game.
Speaker 6: It was. I got actually a lot of phone calls last night later on how entertaining it was, and a lot of people that were here kind of passed that same information. Around two. It was. It was one of those games to begin with you say, well, okay, fine. Two pitches into the game, Tommy Edmund taking over for Shoheo Tany in the ladoff spot, hits a home run his seventh season. I mean, he's flexing the muscles, and you figure, okay, this is going to be an onslaught, and then it turned into a pitchers battle on both sides. Then is that case of saying, well, is it because of good pitching? Is it because of lack of hitting? Last night?
Speaker 3: Is because of very good pitching? Excellent pitching? A Yamamoto outdueling Jacob de Grom. De Grom, a two times sal Young Award winner, Yamamoto has talked openly about wanting to be the first Japanese player to ever win a SA Young in Major League Baseball, and right now he is firmly planted among the top contenders in the National League. I mean his continue you'd growth, mo is one thing you combine that with the moxie and the presence in the command on the mound that he has. Now, I mean, you're throwing that aceword around with him.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and he looks much more I made of comment last night. He looks much more relaxed and in control instead of trying to find things, whether it be the strike zone, whether it be a new baseball that he's not used to that he fits with in Japan, whether it be learning the umpires, the opposing hitters. Well, now he's got that knowledge that he's been able to cumulate and seven innings and struck out ten, did not walk a batter in last night's book, and really set the tone in the first ending, three batters up, two of them strike out. Then he strikes out three mixed in with the double and the second And that was a huge, huge statement that he made. And for the Dodgers, yeah, they needed it because there was not a great deal of offense. Edmund was three for four hit a home run, but the rest of the team combined just two for twenty six.
Speaker 3: And now they're in position where they can go on this Saturday for their second winning streak of at least five games. This year's been a little bit of a roller coaster. They start off eight to zero, then they dropped six of nine. Now they've won four straight and as a tie for the best record through twenty one games in a season that the Dodgers have ever seen since nineteen seventy seven, when that team went seventeen and.
Speaker 6: Four out the game. Yeap, that was a pretty good team. In fact, in my estimation and talking to some of the former teammates I had in that year, I think that was the best team I was privileged to play on. Oh yes, we won an eighty one, the World Championship, we got to the World Series in seventy eight, but I think the seventy seven team, with all the different attachments that you have from the pitching, from the hitting to how you played the game. Obviously that record stand Aga infield was there too, that was the best team that I was ever a part of.
Speaker 3: And this Dodger club in twenty twenty five trying to keep pace with that out the gates. Another great pitching matchup Roki Sasaki against former Dodger Nathan Evaldi. First pitch coming shortly tim We'll talk about that pitching matchup a little bit later.
Speaker 2: All right, thank you, Nelly. As we count you down to first pitch. Dodger fans, get your game day meal on. It's Shaky's Pizza Parlor.
Speaker 1: It's lunchtime.
Speaker 2: What are your Shaky's Pizza checking and mojos right now at Shaky's dot Com. Coming up here on Dodgers on Deck, you're gonna hear from Dave Roberts, David Vesse. We'll go one on one with Max Munsey. The Dodgers just made a move, an IL move for a Dodger reliever. One's coming off the IL. One's going on the IL. More on that coming up and who it is. We'll visit with Kirsten Watson, who will check in with Tommy Edmund. That's all coming up as we lead up to Dodgers and Rangers on this Saturday first pitch from Arlington, Texas at one five. I'm Tim Kase's World champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: It's Lorongo Casino, Dodgers on, Dodgers on Deck. Y'all on the official home of LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Dodgers and Rangers on this Saturday afternoon. Rookie Sazaki, Nathan Baldy, the pitching matchup, first pitch with Globe Live Field coming up at one O five.
Speaker 1: This is the Otani rewhy Well, no show Hey Otani last night, No show Hoo Tani.
Speaker 2: Today he is back in southern California. He is on the paternity list, says he and his wife Mammy Co welcome their first child this weekend. Still no news on what has happened yet. You need delivery. We'll keep you updated of course if we hear anything but Showy Otani not with the Dodgers right now in Texas. That means Tommy Edmund is a leadoff hitter, the second baseman last night while mimicking his Showy Otani with a home run to lead off the game. Tommy Evan last night three for four, a home run and RBI. He had three of the Dodgers five hits last night in a three to nothing shutout of the Texas Rangers. And afterwards, talk with our Kirsten Watson.
Speaker 7: Tommy, you're very familiar with batting lead off with just step out there in this game tonight.
Speaker 1: Just how did it feelp Yeah, it felt good.
Speaker 8: You know, I had some big shoes with a show usually being in that leadoff spot. But just tried to do my best impression of him. Yeah, it's a kind of a position I'm familiar with, so felt good to be back there.
Speaker 1: You were going up against Jacob Dubrom. He was excellent tonight, but you were.
Speaker 7: Able to get to him early in the game of that home run.
Speaker 1: What were you seeing that bat? Yeah, he's nasty.
Speaker 8: I mean, he's been one of the best pitcher in the game for a long time, so you gotta be ready to hit against him. You know, you can't just let him get into the count. And you know, he just did a really good job throughout the game.
Speaker 7: No secret, this game was a pictures tool tonight. Playing behind Yoshinobu, what were you see from him? And how excellent was.
Speaker 9: He on the mount?
Speaker 8: Yeah, you know, once again, Yoshi was you know, pitched like the ace that he is, And yeah, he's been lights out all year. I wouldn't want to stand in the box against him. He just got I mean he was doing six pitches today and you know, commanding them all and it's it's he's he's a tough pitcher and splat around.
Speaker 1: To face it. He talked about just playing on the road.
Speaker 7: How important was it for you guys, just to set the tone on the start of this road trip.
Speaker 8: Yeah, you know we didn't have that that uh, that first road trip wasn't great. So to win the first game this time around, you know, felt pretty good against a really good team too, and so you know, hopefully we canna have a little bit better tare this time.
Speaker 7: We talked about sepping in for Show. Heyo, Tony, he's away for the team for a very good reason. That's him and Amy got welcoming their first child. If you can give him any advice, if he happens to be watching right now, what would it be.
Speaker 8: Well, I know Show loves his sleep, so I'm probably gonna have to figure out how to function with like a little bit less sleep.
Speaker 9: But you're gonna do great.
Speaker 8: The show's gonna he's gonna do great, and it's gonna be awesome. And one of the best things that you can have is being a father.
Speaker 7: So excited for you, Tommy, congratulations on this one.
Speaker 9: Thank you so much.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thank you appreciating all Right, there's Kirsten with Tommy Emmon last night, who had the home run to lead off the game three for four and the Dodgers shut out victory. Dodgers Baseball's brought to you by Cars for Kids. Ready to donate your old car? Call eight seven to seven Cars for Kids right now, rely Ages Dandy by to take your donation. That's Cars with the K to donate your car today, Still to come here. On Dodgers on Deck, we'll dive deeper into this bitching matchup. David ba Say goes one on one with Max Munsey, who came up huge on deep his last night. But up next an injury report. We got some breaking Dodgers injury news, So don't go anywhere. They're leading you up to Dodgers and Rangers first pitch of one oh five. I'm Tim Kasey's World champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers Hunters game on your home for La Dodgers Faceball.
Speaker 2: Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck continues on this Saturday afternoon. As we're leading you up to first pitch from Arlington, Texas Dodgers and Rangers Marongo Casino Resort and Spa, A Grand Slam for good times. Rookie Sasaki on the mound. First pitch from Globe Life Field coming up at one oh five.
Speaker 1: This it's the LA Dodgers Injury.
Speaker 2: Report, presented by UCLA Healthy official medical partner the Los Angeles Dodgers. All Right, the breaking Dodgers injury news. Evan Phillips, Dodger reliever activated off the injured list just about five minutes ago. Officially, he will join this Dodgers team and be active for the first time in twenty twenty five. I've the corresponding move. Blake Trining has been placed on the injured list with right forearm tightness. Now, don't start jumping to conclusions. He's been placed on the i L with right forearm tightness for the Dodger reliever. More on that with David Vasse coming up. Blake Snell, Tony Gonsolin, Michael Kopek all on the injured list. We've seen Clayton Kershaw throw a minor league rehab start in Triple A, Oklahoma City. He is slowly working his way back. He is still on the sixty day Let's head back out to Arlington and check in with the Dodgers. Skipberd anything.
Speaker 9: Questions for Dave?
Speaker 5: Dave, can you just describe Dave?
Speaker 6: Can you talk about the pressure in.
Speaker 1: The dugouts with Dave Roberts.
Speaker 9: Do you have any update on Otani Baby Watch?
Speaker 10: No update on Otani Baby Watch. I think that he's gonna drop the bomb on us, Uh, you know at some point, you know, on his own timing, his own timing. So I don't think. I haven't heard anything and don't know when he's gonna come back.
Speaker 9: Okay, we've all noticed that Blake Trenon has him pitched in almost a week. Why is that and does is that related to Evan Phillips being here today?
Speaker 10: Yeah, so Blake has had some forum tightness the last four five days and he was getting up to go into the game yesterday and felt that, saying tightness. So we're gonna retro him, put him on the I L he's gonna get some get a scan today. It was just some some forum tightness, so we want to get to the bottom of it. Don't know how long it'll be. I appreciate Blake for letting us know his discomfort, and the corresponding move was, yes, Evan Phillips, is.
Speaker 9: Blake going back to LA for the MRI or seas.
Speaker 10: He is gonna be getting it here and uh after tomorrow. I don't know if he's gonna travel with us to UH Chicago or go back to LA after that thing.
Speaker 2: All right, there's Dave Roberts with more on the news of Blake trinon right forarm tightness going on the injured list. Corresponding move, Evan Phillips rejoins this Dodgers bullpen. So just when the Dodgers get healthy with Evan Phillips, the news of Blake trinon right foruarm tightness. More on that with David vas Say. As we continue here on Moroco Casino Dodgers on Deck, we'll check.
Speaker 5: In with DV.
Speaker 2: He'll go one on one with Max Munsey coming up in about twenty five minutes. As we're leading you up to first pitch on this Saturday, Dodgers in Texas to take on the Rangers. I'm Tim Kasey's World champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck on your home for the Blue Whole Season log.
Speaker 2: Leading up to Dodgers and Rangers on this Saturday from Globe Livefield in Texas. Ro Kie Sasaki on the mound, first pitch coming up at.
Speaker 1: One five, joining Tim kats on Dodgers on deck.
Speaker 9: I accept everybody for who they are.
Speaker 1: This is Dodger insider David Basse.
Speaker 5: All right, DV.
Speaker 2: The news came out a few minutes ago. Officially the move was made. Evan Phillips activated Blake Trinan on the injured list. We just heard you talking to Dave Roberts about this. Is this alarming? Is this concerning for the Dodgers?
Speaker 9: Oh yeah, for sure, right forum tightness, that's not something that is a week or two. I know Dave Roberts talked about back dating it, but yeah, i'd you know when you're talking about right forearm tightness. And let's not forget Blake Trinan was among the relief pitchers that were pushed to the limits last year during the postseason. If you think back to Game five of the World Series, he threw more pitches in that game than he ever had in his career. So think about it, graderol Copek, Phillips, Trinan, all those guys were pushed to the limits and now we're seeing the residivisual effects of the cost of doing that. And obviously it was worth it. They all would not change a thing, but you have to imagine the workload of last year has some sort of residual effects. So yeah, I don't I don't see Blake Trening coming back anytime soon.
Speaker 2: And keep in mind he had Tommy john surgery in November twenty two, missed all of twenty three recovering from Tommy Johns surgery. Not to say that it's going to get to there, but you know, just keep that in mind. Dodger fans, David's driven by four. There's one thing we like. Its choices. Fine yours. With the fort f one to fifty gas hybrid, all electric, tough, this march can only be called the f one fifty. On a brighter side, David, the Dodgers got a special visitor today.
Speaker 9: Yeah, the one and only Brent Honeywell listen here. He lives in the Dallas Fort Worth area. He's a free agent. Nobody has signed him yet and he came by to surprise his teammates. But they had the last laugh as they surprised him with his World Series ring and it was funny. Before he went into the clubhouse, he was telling me he wanted his ring presented at Dodgers Stadium. He was not going to accept it. Anywhere else, but his teammates surprised him in the clubhouse here at Globe Live Field and Dave Roberts told us he got choked up and they took a photo. It's on the Dodgers social media. So yeah, it was great to see him. He was a great teammate in a lot of ways.
Speaker 2: Maybe they'll Signprin Honeywell. The bullpen continues to need some more arms. Time now for the Dodger Derby, brought to you by Santa Anita Park. David and Nice select the race of Santa Anita. Then we picked the horses we think are gonna win. Brought to you by Santa Anita celebrating ninety years of horse racing at Santa Anita Park. Don't miss the biggest derby party west of Kentucky, Mother's Day dining and free fridays with special drinks. Go to Santa Anita dot com slash Events. We're picking today's sixth race at Santa Anita, six and a half furlongs on the turf. It's an eight horse race. David, who do you like?
Speaker 9: I'm going with the five horse going viral.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm gonna go with the old nine. The six Horse the Old nine. David appreciate it, great urge and information. I'm just making sure everybody heard his David.
Speaker 6: All right, DV.
Speaker 2: You'll check back in in just a little bit. As we can continue to lead you up to first pitch, we'll dive deeper into this pitching matchup. He'll go one on one with Max Munsey. But up next to your Dodgers Magical Moment Dodgers Rangers from Texas. I'm Tim Kass, the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: As we were saying yes is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Jack on the official home of La Dodgers.
Speaker 2: Baseball, Dodgers and Rangers on this Saturday afternoon, Rokie Sasaki on the Mount. Nathan Valdi, the former Dodger, longtime pitcher in the Big leagues. He'll go for the Rangers first pitch, coming up at one O five.
Speaker 11: Dog who wants a hot It's time for the Hawfy Magical Moment Pitch Magical presented by Hawfy Hot.
Speaker 2: Times Well at the Dodgers in Arlington. We go back to July twenty second, twenty twenty three, Dodgers in Texas taking on the Rangers, the Dodgers will put up a sixteen spot against the Rangers, scoring a season high in runs in a demolishing win against the first place Rangers.
Speaker 6: For those on the ready are wondering what the Freddy is, well, basically he puts his hands up over his head and if you can imagine what someone looks like while they're trying to work a hula hoop, Freddie hits a high drive to right field.
Speaker 9: It is deep, it is gone, and we're doing.
Speaker 6: To Freddy get the hula hoops. A two run homer for Freddie Freeman.
Speaker 9: How about that?
Speaker 6: It is seven to.
Speaker 2: One Dodgers second home run of the game for Freddie Freeman. Is the Dodgers beat the then first place Texas Rangers sixteen to three In this Offey magical moment brought to by a Haffey Hot talks Haffey so Cow's local treasure for nearly one hundred years. Haffy Hot talks local and so great. When we continue here on Dodgers on Deck, well check out with Rick Monday and we'll get to your prize picks double play of the day leading you up to Dodgers and Rangers on this Saturday. I'm Tim Kasse's World champion Los Angeles Dodgers audio network.
Speaker 1: Is Lorongo Casino, Dodgers.
Speaker 11: On, Dodgers on deck y'all on, the official home of.
Speaker 1: La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Dodgers and Rangers. Going out of Game two this three game set from Globe Life Field. First pitch coming up at one O five got him with the two for one hard shot to third, droves the second on the first double What double tollas?
Speaker 1: This is the Prize Picks double play of the Day.
Speaker 2: Join me and millions of other baseball fans playing daily fantasy sports at Prize Picks. Download the free Prize Picks app, and when you do, use the code go blue and get fifty dollars instantly after you play your first five dollars. Lineup. That's go blue when you sign up in Prize Picks. It's so easy to play. You just pick more or less on at least two different players for a shot to win up two thousand times your cash. Strikeouts are walks total basis first inning runs. You pick more or less at Prize Picks. Join me and use the code go blue when you sign up. All right, Rookie Sasaki more or less four and a half strikeouts. I say more more than four and a half strikeouts for rookie Sasaki. Also, Freddie Freeman more or less a half of RBI. I gotta believe he's going to drive in a run. I got a good feeling about Freddy today, so I say more on a half of RBI for Freddie Freeman today. That's Price Picks when you download the app Go Blue Prize Picks, Run your Game.
Speaker 1: And now joined by David Bassey, Here's La Dodgers broadcast and World Series champion Dodger Rick Monday.
Speaker 9: Rick, what a great game last night, A great pitcher's duel between de Gram and Yamamoto. But that ninth inning really gave us a lot to talk about.
Speaker 6: You know, Steven Hilson and I were talking about it in the in the first segment of the pregame show about that ballgame. I mean, it was just a very well played game. Really on both sides. If you look at it, there was defense, obviously, the pitching was marvelous, absolutely terrific. I know there's some people who say, well there wasn't much hitting is a result of very good pitching. That was kind of the deal. The Dodgers Also they've been able to tighten up the defense, and I think though the way that they have approached the game, quite frankly, after some frustrating losses in that most recent homestand and for them to come out last night and to make a statement, and what a statement Tommy Edmond made. I mean, he feels in for showheo. Tony must be thinking, well, somebody's going to go hit the ball out of the ballpark. He connects for number seven on the second pitch of the ballgame, you figure it's going to be a landslide. It proved not to be that way. But I agree with you same thing we talked about in the booth last night. That was a terrific baseball game.
Speaker 9: It really was. In that ninth inning, Like you said, the Dodger defense really came to play, in particular Max Muncy Rick, who has had a rocky start to the season. I was really happy for him to make those plays.
Speaker 6: And he made some big plays. And that play that he made in the ninth inning proved to be a real big, big play. There's no question about that. Because a leadoff single, then you've got the next guy the very first pitch, and that being Kevin Pillar. Yeah, Kevin Pilark came on and he hit that smash and there was a dive and a stop by Moncie and he was able to throw the run around. It proved to be very, very big the Dodgers a shutout three to one, or make that three to nothing. But as it turns out, huge plays and that was just one of a couple of defensive gyms the Dodgers turned in.
Speaker 9: How about the last play of the game, Josh Young, I mean, you always talk about play through run, don't give up, And it seemed like Josh Young was playing umpire.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you cannot be the hitter and an umpire at the same time. You like to be. You may say, hey, you missed that call, but whatever it may be. But if you're down to just two outs to work with, and you are a big, big run and you're trying to get on base, so you can bring if you get on bass, you've got the tying run on board, and you're going to stop running down the first base line because you want to correct an umpire on the way down he thought the ball was foul, talking about polar instead of running all the way down to the first base and then make the appeal and then they can chect with the umpires. Sad way to lose a ball game, and for the Rangers in a weird way, because the Dodgers were celebrating on high fives and the Rangers going, well, wait a minute, you mean the game's over.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it was over and the Dodgers won. They're looking to make it two or five in a row.
Speaker 6: Now, speaking of arguing, can you see that Chaz Chisholm was ejected from a game yesterday with the Yankees. He did not like the balls of strikes call correct, so he's ejected from the game. He goes into the locker room. Baseball has a rule now that you cannot use your phone to call out or do anything during the game itself. Well, he tweeted that he was robbed by the umpire. How did it work out? He's going to get fine for being a rejected from the game and he also received a one game suspension for Major League Baseball for using his phone during a game.
Speaker 9: Yeah, he wasn't doing that very undercover, Rick, when you could text somebody, but then you put it on social media, forget it.
Speaker 6: And then he said, well what he tweeted out he had been ejected, arguing the closer. He says, I don't care afterwards when they found out that he was suspended for a game. So okay, sit down, be quiet. You don't care.
Speaker 9: Do you allow Stephen Nelson to use his cell phone during the game?
Speaker 6: Oh, we don't care, as you'll say that he's on his phone.
Speaker 9: Yeah, no fines here. All right, Rick, We'll check back in with you and Nelly a little bit later. For now, we'll send it back to the studio.
Speaker 6: All right.
Speaker 2: That's the Dodger Day, Dodger game plan. Start your future to California Community college, financial aids available to help you with tuitionhoo books and sometimes even the rants. It's time to take that next big step. Dodger fans classes they can fill him quickly. So a role today and I can go to college dot com. Still to come here a Dodgers on deck. We'll hear from Stephen Nelson. We'll get you a preview this pitchy matchup. But I'm next to go high and sight with Max MONTI great play at the ninth inning last night, Dodgers shut out the Rangers three to nothing, looking to make it five straight wins today. We'll hear from Max next as we lead you up to first pitch. I'm Tim Kas's the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers audio null.
Speaker 1: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers name on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: It's the Dodgers and Rangers on this Saturday afternoon. Game two of this three games sent from Globelive Field in Texas. Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by Zen She handcrafted sushi. Enjoy the game quickfordable, whole family can enjoy it. They got sushi chefs that are professionally chained, precision, passion or tradition. You can taste tune a roll, spicy tuna, salmon, timpura shrimp. They got the mango crunchy dragon rolls. They got the poke bulls. Find Zen She near the deli counter at Ralph's. Zen She handcrafted sushi, always fast, fresh and easy.
Speaker 1: And now what will likely be vass a fielding insults from a Dodger player.
Speaker 2: It's an engagement of endearment.
Speaker 9: This is high and tugged, nothing like some Tracy Chapman in the Dodger clubhouse before Game two of this three game series, and we're joined right now by Max Munsey, who saved the day in a lot of ways in the ninth inning with his defense. Max, thanks a lot for the time.
Speaker 5: Yeah, good, good to see again.
Speaker 9: How much do you know about Tracy Chapman Moncie.
Speaker 5: I know it's a good song. I don't even know any more than that.
Speaker 9: No, that's all you need to know before we talk about the ninth inning last night. What's it like for you and just the guys that we're here in twenty to come back again.
Speaker 12: This place is always gonna be special. You know, for me, it's multiple reasons.
Speaker 5: It's home.
Speaker 12: You know, I grew up coming, not to necessarily to this stadium, but to the old stadium for you know, twenty twenty five years.
Speaker 5: Grew up coming to that stadium, and so this place will always be special for that reason.
Speaker 12: And then too, getting that World Series, the circumstances around that World Series, you know, being.
Speaker 5: Stuck with everybody in the hotel for forty straight days.
Speaker 12: You know, I just this this place will always be special for those reasons, and you know, it's really cool to come back here for you know, the group of guys that we're here and It's also always fun to come back here with Freddy because we get to you know, we to throw a couple of jabs at Freddy. You know, hey, rim when you guys were up three to one and the end of the losing. You know, it's just fun to do that. So this this place will always have a special place.
Speaker 9: It's funny you brought up Freddie.
Speaker 6: Yesterday.
Speaker 9: Blake Trenton pulled up the video of the pitch he served up to Freddy that he thought was a home run in Game seven and Mookie robbed him.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that was a good play.
Speaker 10: It was.
Speaker 12: We were all fired up at that point, and you know that was that was Freddie was on fire that season, in that playoffs especially, he was doing some damage to us, and so you know, for that ball to not find a way over the fence, that was a pretty big moment for us.
Speaker 9: Max Months he is our guest. All right, let's go back to last night, the ninth inning. You made two amazing plays. The first one you were able to get your old buddy Seeger at second base. I know you put in a lot of work, but for you to stick with the process and be the hero with your glove, I'm sure that meant a lot.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it was.
Speaker 5: It was a big night for us. Just it was a good one.
Speaker 12: You know, Yama was unbelievable, and it's it's one of those things where with Yama this year, the way he's been pitching, we feel like anytime he's on the mound, we're just in total control out there.
Speaker 5: And that's kind of how last night fell out. I know it was a one to nothing game, but it just felt like we were in complete control.
Speaker 6: Of that game.
Speaker 12: And that's just the kind of confidence that he's pitching with on the mound, and that also instills into all of us on defense. And you know, bullpen came in, did their job, and you know, for me to to to close it out that way.
Speaker 5: That was that was you know, big moment for me. And like I said, I haven't.
Speaker 12: Put in a lot of work and you know, I've.
Speaker 5: Been feeling great over there.
Speaker 12: I know I've had a couple of mistakes, but those were on the you know, the throwing front, which is usually not the issue for me.
Speaker 5: But that's just that's just the way baseball goes sometimes.
Speaker 9: Hey, Max, the difference last night was that you and your infield mats played through whatever the umpire was gonna call. What did you see on that ground ball? And reacting to that ground ball from Josh Young that turned into end the game.
Speaker 12: Well, you play until the umpire tells you otherwise, especially on defense, and you know with that play down the line, he's right there in my ear and so I fielded the ball, and I I was pretty positive it was a foul ball. And you know, I wasn't entirely ready to make that play, but I didn't hear him say anything.
Speaker 5: He's right there in my ear, and so I turned and.
Speaker 12: Fired at the second and you know, I was able to get the guy in time, and you know then he wasn't running down the line, so that worked out for us. But yeah, it's just one of those things where we have to play until until the umpire tells you otherwise. And uh, yeah, that was definitely a very strange, very strange ball. I was positive it was foul, but you go back and look at the replay and I think he I think he got the call right.
Speaker 9: I guess that it's time for me to go because Austin Barnes is over here, right, the hero of the twenty twenty World Series. I think he still has the baseball in his back pocket right now.
Speaker 1: He might.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think he's.
Speaker 12: I think he switched it out here. I think he gave back a fake one and he kept the real one.
Speaker 5: You know, that's what I would do at least.
Speaker 9: Hey, that's Riverside Streets Art's right there.
Speaker 5: Well, you gotta do what you gotta do.
Speaker 12: You know, and uh, in that case, that would definitely be something that I would do.
Speaker 5: You know, that's a special ball. You got a hold on that one. I love it.
Speaker 9: Great play, great ninth inning, Max, And obviously everybody in this room believes in you, and keep going.
Speaker 5: Thanks David.
Speaker 9: There he is the man, Max Munsey. And uh, maybe he'll give his Canaan gift card to Austin Barnes for maybe changing out that baseball. Westend it back to you in the studio.
Speaker 2: All right, the a lot DV.
Speaker 6: Thank you, Max.
Speaker 2: Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by Shaky's Pizza Parlor. It's lunchtime. No better time to enjoy the official pizza partner of the Dodgers audio broadcast. When it's game day, it's group Day's Shakys dot Com. Lean you up to first pitch from Globe Live Field in Texas. Dodgers and Rangers. Up next, we'll dive deeper into the pitching numbers in this matchup. It's a good one. I'm Tim Kats's world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Tap on your home for the Blue All Season Law.
Speaker 2: It's the Dodgers and Texas Rangers, Game two of this three game set. Dodgers shut out the Rangers three to nothing last night. First pitch today coming up at one O five.
Speaker 1: And now before the Dodgers hit the dining we look at the pitching matchups.
Speaker 2: For is ented by your Southern California Toyota Dealers. Work hard, in play hard, and a New Tacoma with an IFOS turbo charged engine. It's the truck built for the bulls. Here Toyota Dealer today, they make it easy. Nathan Evaldi on the mound for the Rangers, one and two of the two to fifty five Era. Thirty five year old now right hander in his fifteenth season in the big leagues. Came up with the Dodgers in twenty eleven, then with the Marlins, Yankees, Rays, Red Sox, and now his third season with the Texas Rangers. Fastball splitter Curbbald the occasional cutter, making his fifth start here in twenty twenty five. Last time out, five innings, three runs, five hits, three strikeouts in a loss to the Mariners. He hasn't gotten much run supporting. The Texas Rangers have scored a total of four runs in his four starts. That's the second lowest mark amongst qualified American League pitchers. He has not faced the Dodgers since twenty thirteen, when he was a member of the MARLINSH to two with his seven to twenty ERA and eight strikeouts. Roki Sasaki on the mound for the Dodgers, oh to one the three twenty nine ERA. The twenty three year old out of Japan in his first season with the Dodgers, making his fifth start this year. He made his debut in Tokyo against the Cubs last time out. Got roughed up a little bit well the one run, four hits, three strikeouts at five innings. The score was worse when they lost sixteen to nothing, but that was after Sasaki came out, but he still gets tagged with the loss. Over the weekend, he is facing the Rangers for the first time in his young career. So is Nathan Valdi and Roki Sasaki. The pitching matchup. It is the Dodgers and the Rangers from Globe Live Field in Arlington, Texas. We are fifteen minutes away from first pitch. Keys to the game. Our next, I'm Tim Katsey's World champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino Dodgers on jack on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Lean you up to Dodgers and the Rangers from Globelife Field in Texas. Rookie Sasaki and Nathan Evaldi. The pitching matchup. Dodgers winners of four in a row, looking at make it five straight before first pencil's head back out to the booth. Stephen Nelson and Rick Monday. Guys, appreciate it.
Speaker 3: TC sitting next to Rick Monday still as we're getting ready for another terrific starting pitching battle. Last night, Yoshinobo Yamamoto and Jacob deGrom lived up to the billing and then some and the series opener, of course, the Dodgers winning and shout out fashion three nothing and today on this Saturday mod rookie Sasaki against former Dodger Nathan Ovaldi. There's gonna be some high velocity, high octane stuff in this one.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and hopefully with rookie Suzaki. He was paying attention to his fellow countryman last night in Yamamoto. And from this aspect, getting first pitch strike over because that's something that's been rather elusive so far for the young right hander. In fact, first pitch strikes only fifty percent of the time. That's the fourth lowest starting pitchers in baseball with at least three starts. Conversely, if you look at Evaldi, he's thrown first pitch strikes sixty four percent of the time, so he's been ahead of hitters. That's been the key to his success. And a Valdi, of course, also coming off a new three year deal, he was able to sign Sazaki. The other part too very quickly. When you look at the splitter, you say, oh, opposing hitters are zero for ten. However, only thirty five percent of the splitters have been thrown for strikes. There's been a lot of chase. I mentioned that because the Rangers, with exception of last night, a couple of innings. They do not expand the strike zone.
Speaker 3: Now, the Texas Rangers are a club that in a down American league, they figure to be one of the last team standings this standing this year. So this is a Dodger club that knows that, you know, maybe if all things break right, they could see him again. And so it's a good test for Sasaki and his continued development. Really well, it all comes down to his fastball command and when that's kind of born out the last couple of starts, as he started to put it together against Philly and then the Cubs. If he can throw the fastball for his strikes, then the hitters kind of have to guard against the splitter. But whereas early on and really for the majority of this rookie season so far, rookies fastball has been all over the place. So that's why his whiff rate, his chase rate is so low because he's not been able to throw strikes.
Speaker 6: With one caveat as far as first pitch strikes fastball, Corey Seger, no, no, not first pitch fastballs. That's what he goes up there hunting. He's very open about it, and he's been very successful with very successful.
Speaker 3: Dodgers fans know that when he was wearing blue, and they see it now as he's been a Texas Ranger. One last thing to him is to get it back to you. It is not Austin Barnes catching. That is what we saw for Susaki's last two turns was Austin Barnes behind the dish. But it's Will Smith getting the start and again no show hey O Tani a second game is he's still on the paternity list as he and Mammy Cope are getting ready to dive into parenthood. The Dodgers are hopeful that Otani will be back with the series against the Cubs, but they'll continue to play on against the Rangers, trying to run this win streak up to five games in a row.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: See, the Dodgers can make it five's trades as Tommy Edmond will lead things off against Nathan Levaldi again. The big news outside of show Heyo Tani still not with this Dodgers team and still no word on the birth of their baby yet, is that the Dodgers made a move. Evan Phillips activated off the injured list. That's great news. The flip side of that is that Blake Trining, Dodger reliever, has been placed on the injured list with right forearm tightness. Keep in mind, he had Tommy John surgery in the off season of twenty two, missed all of twenty twenty three part of twenty four, so he's already had the procedure done and let's just hope this is just an arm barking and he can just get the inflammation down. But right fore arm soreness tightness for Blake trying and placed on the injured list. Evan Phillips act debated and available for the first time here in twenty twenty five. Dodgers and Rangers. Nathan Valdi Rookie Susaki the pitching matchup. David Vatsay's got you covered on the post game and this one is over. Enjoy it. First pitch from Arlington is next. I'm Tim Kates is the world champion. Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network