Speaker 1: On a happier note, we're just a few days away from the Wiggle Waggle Walk for Pasadena Humane. So let's say good morning to Pasadena Humans. Kevin McManus. Kevin, we're just just a couple of days away before we all go to the dogs.
Speaker 2: I know, I'm really excited, So tell her tell.
Speaker 1: Us about the walk for anybody who may not be familiar if they haven't heard me talking about.
Speaker 3: It a lot on Waco, call.
Speaker 2: Well, Wiggle Waggle Walking Run is our biggest fundraiser at the year, excuse me. And we have basically a big dog walk at the Rose Bowl and then you know kind of like a fun you know, vendor event and booths and doggy costume contests all that kind of stuff at Brookside Park. So it's Sunday, April sixth, from nine to eleven. And yeah, you don't need a dog to you know, participate, but it's a little bit more fun if you do.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 1: And last year you said kind of all all walks of dogs are welcome. We had a lot of dogs last year that came in strollers like they just couldn't make the walks, so they got pushed around the route.
Speaker 3: So all dogs are welcome.
Speaker 2: Right of course. Yeah. Yeah, Obviously, if your dog is uncomfortable with other dogs, maybe this isn't the best event for him or her, But other than that, yeah, every every dog is welcome. You know, there's two options for walking. There's the five mile or sorry, the five k, the three mile loop around the entire Rose Bowl, and then there's a one mile loop, which a lot of the smaller dogs or older dogs or those in strollers choose to take. But a lot of fun things for pet owners, a lot of great vendors. This year. Subaru has this cool activation they're doing and they're they're sponsoring all the adoptions that happened at our Wiggle Waggle Wagon this year, which is really cool.
Speaker 3: So you're gonna have dogs out on site again this year.
Speaker 2: That's right, You have adoptable dogs. Yeah, so, and there some of them will be walking with our volunteers and obviously decked out so you know who's who. But yeah, you're looking for a dog. And that was a great time too.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 1: And as we've talked about before, last year, I got to walk this beautiful Doberman pincher and had some volunteers with me to make sure that everything went well.
Speaker 3: But she was just awesome.
Speaker 1: And I had somebody on the walk who didn't have a dog, and they were asking me about her and they ended up adopting her.
Speaker 3: I mean, so you just even if you.
Speaker 1: Show up without a dog, you might go home with one. That's one of the great things of Wiggle Waggle Walk.
Speaker 3: And I would have.
Speaker 2: Tap my eye on one for you. Amy, I've got my eye on a dog right now. He's gonna be perfect. If he's still arrived. He isn't adopted by that he's your dog.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, yay, I can't wait.
Speaker 1: I miss having a dog and I love to get to have one just for a couple of hours. And then the costume contest is always so much fun, Like a lot of dogs dress up for this and you have a whole.
Speaker 2: Contest going so many it's crazy and people go all out. You know, it's one of my favorite parts. Just like I'm overwhelmed with people's creativity and how they can, you know, dress out, how can they get their dogs to put on a costume, which is also a feat. But then, yeah, the creativity that goes into some of these these costumes that's really stunning.
Speaker 1: Okay, So Kevin, let's talk about because we know that you said it's the biggest fundraiser. We know that you're asking people to take their hard earned money and donate it to Pasadena Humane. So let's talk about what the money that we donate and what the money we raise is going to do.
Speaker 2: Well. It helps us with all of our programs that we do throughout the year. So that's our animal ICU, which was kind of, you know, really highlighted during the fire, caring for animals that were injured and burned in the fire. Our foster care program, argument education programs, are Wildlife like all of the things that we do for the animals in our community that gets funding directly from events like this. So that's why we you know, we know people have been overwhelmingly supporting us for the last few months because of the fire, but we're asking for just a little bit more because this this will help us do what we do all year long.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and if you want to see some of what they do, we posted it on Instagram after we came and visited you after the fires, and it's at amy K.
Speaker 3: King.
Speaker 1: But Kevin took us into one of the operating rooms, and we got to see one of the little cats who was being treated and some of them that are that were on the road to repair after they were burned in that awful fire. And then are you still boarding some of the animals or is everybody back in their homes.
Speaker 2: We still have about one hundred and forty animals that we're caring for, and you know, that's definitely like a long term need as well, just kind of so that unfortunately that is expensive. We're not charging any of the pet owners anything, you know, we know that they're going through a lot and have lost homes. But yeah, so we're caring for their pets until they can, you know, make the next step in their you know, journey to recovery, which you know, it actually impacts the shelter a lot because you know a lot of good chunk of those are still at the shelter itself. We have a lunch in foster homes too. But you know, it makes us, you know, just kind of every dog that comes in, we're already like we need to have a plan on how to get that dog adopted. So it's a lot of pressure right now for us because of that. But you know we're making the best of it when you know, obviously we're going to be there for the community for as long as it takes. Yep.
Speaker 1: And I know that we're talking about dogs for this weekend because of the Wiggle Waggle Walk, but it's almost kitten season, so keep that in mind.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, for sure. We've already gotten letters of kittens in and we have a kitten shower coming up in a couple of weeks which will be a fun event. So people are interested in fostering kittens, that's a really good opportunity and a good way for us to kind of share the share the load of caring for the thousands of kittens that we'll get in.
Speaker 1: Okay, And if they are interested in fostering or something, can they just go to Pasadena Humane.
Speaker 2: Exactly yeah, or if they're at the walk, I know the foster team will be there with an informational table.
Speaker 3: Awesome.
Speaker 1: Kevin McManus with Pasadena Humane can't wait to see you on Sunday. It's the Wiggle Waggle Walk for Pasadena Humane and if you would like to join our team, we would love to have you come walk for it with us. And of course We would love to take your donation, and you can do both of those things at KFI AM six forty dot com, slash Wiggle. Thanks Kevin, We'll see you Sunday.
Speaker 2: Okay, thanks Amy, all right, take care,