Speaker 1: Gets me every time. Tonight or today, it's ten, a little after ten o'clock on a Thursday. That means cops rock with Dave Jennings.
Speaker 2: You have the floor and we're gonna sneak in some other first responders as well. To today's stories will start in Mount Clemens, Michigan. Right a Michigan sheriff's deputy being hailed for her actions. Traffic hammers caught the moment McComb County Sheriff's Deputy Mirian climbed from her own vehicle into a moving car.
Speaker 3: What way.
Speaker 2: The Sheriff's office said they saw a sixty three year old man driving erratically in a silver gmcc era. When they tried to pull him over, the driver did not stop and continued at about five miles per hour. Deputy's pulled up next to the driver. I noticed he appeared to be in a daze, unable to comprehend the requests. Eventually he was able to roll down his window and hit his brakes. Did you say five miles an hour? Yeah, yeah, that's when Deputy Marion, who was in the passenger side of the patrol vehicle, climbed out of the window into the moving truck, Dwight, I think even you could run five miles an hour.
Speaker 3: Well, I carried away.
Speaker 2: The driver was taken to a hospital for treatment.
Speaker 1: Oh good for though, right climbed. What does this Startchy and Hutch. I know, I'm climbing out of the window and into the other car. Yep, that's pretty dangerous, dude, Yes it is. I mean, golly, so, obviously the guy had some sort of heart issue or they didn't say an eplepsi event or something like that.
Speaker 2: So Sunday evening, one year old Dmitri Web was with his mom while she was visiting an inmate at Riker's Island when he began choking on a dorrito in the visiting room. Fortunately, corrections officer Ayesha Stanislaus noticed the one year old struggling to cry and turning blue quickly, so she acted and tried to save him. Stanislaus first attempted the Heimlich maneuver without success. Then eighteen year veteran correction officer Santos Barbosa Junior responded to an alert and rush to help. Barbosa attempted CPR compressions on Dmitri, but they weren't working, as the child's condition worse, and he performed a finger sweep, could not dislodge the chip. Realizing the urgency, Barbosa moved outside for fresh air applied more compressions, eventually using his pinky finger to push further into the baby's throat, dislodging the chip and allowing the child to breathe again, and finally cry.
Speaker 3: You know, one day that child is going to grow up and you'll say, do you remember who saved your life?
Speaker 2: And you were infant, and that child will go Santo Santos Barbosa Junior.
Speaker 3: Hey, that's exactly Tony. Who was it that saved your life when you were choking days?
Speaker 2: I hate it?
Speaker 3: Hate this guy's name again, hate hate you.
Speaker 2: The maintre recovered and his back to normal.
Speaker 1: What was his name, barb Barbo Santos Barbosa Junos. Yes, that's the name of the bad pirate in the Pirates Caribbean. By the way, oh, I have an eight year old child brain, so that's all I was thinking about when you're reading.
Speaker 2: Was the ship? Was he the ship's doctor? He was the first going, Yeah, your best believe in ghost stories, lady, because you're in one carry And finally, I kept in the bunk. Main EMT and firefighter was off duty over the weekend when he stepped in to save a swimmer's life in Massachusetts. While vacationing at Dire Pond in Cape Cod, Dave Tapley noticed a woman struggling with an unconscious man in the water. Acting quickly, he grabbed the man and began doing CPR as he directed bystanders to help. He continued CPR while guiding the others until they reached the shore. His quick response helped stabilize the swimmer before local emergency services arrived. Tapley said that being trained and ready makes all the difference in an emergency situation.
Speaker 1: I know I always go over the top of the swimming ones, even if it's just a couple of feet of water, because it's so easy to drown. All the other person punches you when you're trying to help them. You get a little a wave comes over, you get a mouthful of water.
Speaker 2: They're trying to climb out of the water and on top of you. It's over.
Speaker 3: You're getting punched. Because the lady was just floating on her back, she didn't need to be saved.
Speaker 2: The breast exam was unnecessary, right, Hm, Hey that is cops rock, Yes it is.
Speaker 3: Hey lady, did you get Pete on by? Did you get stung about jellyfish?
Speaker 2: Boy?
Speaker 3: Thank you for We're in our fifties.
Speaker 2: Okay, So I have a list here assault on Facebook? Do we have Matt? Is he in there with you? You know we got Sanders?
Speaker 3: Can I vent?
Speaker 2: Sure?
Speaker 3: Sure?
Speaker 2: Sure, go ahead, buddy.
Speaker 3: You know I respect l MPD, But Matt Sanders, I gotta tell you, man. Yeah, you think you know a guy just because he's related to a kernel that makes chicken, he thinks he can do whatever the hell he wants, you know, And you say, hey, why weren't you there? And to throw this? Oh you know, did your uncle have eleven herbs and spices? He throws all that, he throws it around, you know what I mean? Chicken Chicken's good, though it is pretty was not as good as dongers be pea chicken?
Speaker 2: What is nothing anyway, Matt Sam this is for you. Well you know what, man, You're really mad.
Speaker 3: No, Matt Sanders, this is for you. Okay, I'm done.
Speaker 2: Sorry, guys. Oh little Click it or skip it actions Click it or skip it Skip a skip it clip it audible here.
Speaker 1: There might be a lot of stuff in here. We know because there's been a lot of news with the p Diddy stuff and all that. So we'll figure it out. Plus, the Emmys were last week, so that I'm sure everyone is crazy about the Emmys.
Speaker 2: Let's figure it out.
Speaker 1: Emmy's are a little bit different now because all of the streaming shows are included Netflix and all that.
Speaker 2: So and by the way, Shuregunnen, shuregunn, shulgunen, these are gossip headlines. They won. They won for.
Speaker 1: Best Series, which I watched the first half of it, and it is no it is.
Speaker 2: It's like the nineteen seventies one sho Gone, but much more violent. I read headline don't tell me click or skip hi headline by.
Speaker 3: I'm not participating in this.
Speaker 1: We are doing the voices from Showgunye and or Midway.
Speaker 2: And or rugby teams from New Zealand. Thank you.
Speaker 4: Huh.
Speaker 2: Headline did he offers a no female visitors clause to bail proposal? Bail denied?
Speaker 1: That's exactly right. Click on it. Let's find out what's going on with that. Did he he be in trouble?
Speaker 2: Let me out. I won't see any girls did. He was arrested in charge with sex trafficking, racketeering, and transporting individuals for prostitution earlier this week, denied bail. So far, he's made different offers in hopes of being released, but so far the judge has ordered no, no bail. At one point, he even offered a fifty million dollar bond, denied. Yesterday, he made a new offer, saying he'd make sure he has no contact with almost all women while he's out on bail. He offered to only be in contact with family, property caretakers, and friends who are not named co conspiras.
Speaker 3: The problem just wasn't just with women, was it both? Hey, please don't throw me in this shower with these guys.
Speaker 1: From what from what they have alleged he has done, he is a Weins. He's not He's no not Weinstein Epstein. He is Epstein of the rap world. I mean, that's what they are alleging he did. He threw sex parties and then videoed it while they were all drugged, and he videoed it and then used it as blackmail to keep him under his control. That is exactly what they're alleging he did. And no, I'm so glad that this California judge said, sorry, dude, you're staying in jail.
Speaker 3: It shocks me to the California judge. Do you think that he'll get Epstein?
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, dude, Epstein had the list, bro, he had a lisp list.
Speaker 2: I'm surprised she's still alive, by the way, No kidding.
Speaker 3: Welcome, Welcome through my island.
Speaker 2: Sure they're underage, but.
Speaker 3: How about the seventeen year old. I'm a differ three Sex Island. Welcome to Filin.
Speaker 2: A little bit different than the island. This one is going to titillate Tony. I think what band name? Titillating Tony? Vulnerable? Private polaroids of s I swimsuit models, including Martha Stewart and Gigi Hadid go missing.
Speaker 5: WHOA?
Speaker 2: What's going on? Missing polaroids of Martha Stewart. Martha Stewart is an angel?
Speaker 3: Was shend? Well?
Speaker 2: Don't know?
Speaker 1: Okay, here's I think. I click on it because I think I know the story.
Speaker 2: A private collection of polaroids featuring some of the world's top models and Martha Stewart in various states of undress has gone missing, sparking concern. These were unpublished shots of many who appeared in the magazines. Additionally, thousands of dollars worth of swimsuits loan to the magazine for the shoots have disappeared. Here's someone I understand.
Speaker 1: So I think it is basically, these polars were being taken while while these models are changing swimsuits and getting under you know, and.
Speaker 2: Is that creepo? I don't know that Buck Henry uh So, So, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I mean they again, they you know, the Usually the models don't care whether they're undressed or not. But this is Kim Kardashian and Martha Stewart. Kim certainly doesn't care about being naked. But Martha Stewart, I mean, obviously there are most risque things she's ever done.
Speaker 3: Act she gets pissed off if you take a picture of her with her clothes off.
Speaker 2: Yeah right, so let me get my butt out.
Speaker 1: Martha's what Dave's talking about is Martha Stewart took a picture of her hawking her new coffee in justin apron and nothing else. And clearly she had some airbrushing breast augment because she looked pretty good for.
Speaker 2: I don't know how old she she's eighty or eighty one. He's yeah, she's eighty.
Speaker 3: Taylorsville Wake is a man made It's pretty damn not arguing that brother.
Speaker 1: Martha Stewart eighty one years old, her breasts are twenty four.
Speaker 3: Let's just take a few seconds and chase the squirrel as we repeat a few band names that we have logged in recently. The last few ones are Timilating, Tony petting turtles, spiny lobsters, Haitians eating ducks, and John Snow's sword sword Oh Oh, doctor Zaya's Arms headline.
Speaker 2: Nick Cannon says Mariah Carrey is doing the best she can following family death.
Speaker 1: I really don't care, but I'm gonna click on it anyway, Nick Cannon, Kids, the last thing he ever did was like a movie twelve years ago. So I don't know how he has his money. I don't know how he takes Here of tense kids.
Speaker 3: Can I chase the squirrel? Quick?
Speaker 2: Get of squirrels? Squirrels?
Speaker 3: I didn't click on the article about was scrolling past us. Saw it yesterday. Have social media something about Bill Gates daughter wanning forty one thousand dollars to redo her kitchen and Gates tells her go to the bank like everybody else. Yeah, I don't know if it's a fake article not.
Speaker 2: I've heard.
Speaker 3: I've heard he's not leaving any of his money.
Speaker 2: Oh I don't know that. I don't know that. But I do know they have issues, the kids and Gates have issues. I think I didn't know this. Nick Cannon has shared that his ex Mariah Carey is holding up despite recent family tragedies. The singer's mom and sister both passed away on the same day. Oh no, what because of their deaths? Not shared? Oh, Mariah Carey's mom and sister died on.
Speaker 3: The same day or the odds got to be.
Speaker 2: Three to one. We're awful.
Speaker 3: Were they in the same car or something?
Speaker 2: Or does question?
Speaker 1: Oh man, look, she's she's diva for sure. She's maybe got one of the best Christmas albums of all time.
Speaker 2: But I think Taylor Swift has the best Christmas. No, she doesn't. It's Mariah Carey and Johnny Mathis. Hey, there's two, that's it.
Speaker 3: Not what about the awkward song with David Bowie and uh and bing Crosby was.
Speaker 2: Married to Mariah Carey. I guess yes they were.
Speaker 3: Why are you dressed up like a lady?
Speaker 2: He says, she's doing the best that she can.
Speaker 3: About a lady.
Speaker 1: I don't think this is joking stuff her mother and her sister were joking about.
Speaker 2: You're not You're both are terrible. Look at this one.
Speaker 3: Why are you dressed up like a lady. I'm not a lady. I'm out of space, lady.
Speaker 2: Oh laugh at your.
Speaker 3: Old wait bing Crosby.
Speaker 2: Too soon on the Mariah Carey show some respect your faces.
Speaker 3: We went past.
Speaker 2: Before there was Tommy Howell, there was headline air Uck. Roberts apologizes to sister Julia in new memoir Oh no, what did he say?
Speaker 3: Click on real quick. I got a quote right here from Julie Roberts. He said, hey, Julia, your brother Eric has apologized. And she said h.
Speaker 2: And then she said boom boom boom stop. What did he do? Younger movie fans may forget that Eric Roberts was on the scene before his famous sister. Eric was nominated for an Academy Award for his role in Runaway Train in the mid eighties, after which his new memoir is named. In Runaway Train or the Story of My Life So Far, Roberts admits to being something of a jerk when younger sister Julia started getting traction in Hollywood. At the time, Roberts said things like, if it wasn't for me, there would be no Julia Roberts Now, Roberts writes in his memoir, I hope Julia will accept this public apology. It was an asinine thing to have said. Oh, good for him. He's going to be on Dancing with the Star season thirty three. She just finished making a movie. Yeah, she can't. He can't stop working. No, he's just he's good. He keep cut writing songs. I can't start writing songs.
Speaker 3: They took my dumb Charlie.
Speaker 2: He's good, Charlie the latest. It's not about anybody I know.
Speaker 3: Book just a story that I made up.
Speaker 1: He plays really good bad guys, Yes he does. And he was just in that movie about the TV evangelists. No, man, he plays a you think he's a bad dude, ends up being a good guy.
Speaker 2: Colley, I'll figure it out. I'm sorry, I'm having a senior headline. Travis Kelsey goes big for Patrick Mahomes birthday gift. Click on it it, no, click on it. Yeah, it's what people want not what you want.
Speaker 3: To come on, people want to hear about. Yes they do. Apparently they do. All right, here we go. Here's a really relatable story about two billionaires giving each other a billionaire project present for the birthday.
Speaker 2: Here we go, billionaires. If you really want to score a big on your birthday, get on. Travis Kelsey's friends list. Teammate in pal Patrick Mahomes celebrated his twenty ninth birthday over the weekend, and traf came through with the huge gift. Mahomes revealed that Kelsey gifted him a high end golf bag for his birthday. Travis got me a Louis Vaton golf bag. It's gonna be so sweet, Mahomes said on the Drive podcast What's Podcast? It's a radio show with less revenueh Mahomes didn't say the exact value of the bag, but similar bags are about thirty grand yeah, oh easily easily thirty thousand dollars. I don't know what it is with Louis Vaton. I guess it's just a brain. Once you get the brand, it's it. I mean, can I tell you this though?
Speaker 3: You know, follow take a page out of our book instead of getting the Louis Vaton. Yeah, you get the exact same thing, and you say thousands when you get a Louis Walton from Walmart. Yeah, yeah, it's gold. It looks exactly the same Louis Walton.
Speaker 2: Mine is a Louis di Palma.
Speaker 1: Yeah. But so, Kelsey just signed one hundred million dollar contract for his podcast. He's probably the highest paid tight end of the game. He's He's almost engaged to the richest damn pop star in the world.
Speaker 2: An angel from heaven, Right, Tony, she is an angel from heaven. Tata is the best? Got one more yea headline. Princess Kate returns to work for the first time after wrapping up Kimo. Who what sit again? What Dwight was making fun of me and the Princess Kate returns to work for the first time after wrapping up Kimo. Click on it.
Speaker 1: Princess Kate is the really pretty one.
Speaker 2: She's as soon to be queen mm hmm. More good news on the royal family front. Princess Kate has returned to work for the first time since wrapping up Chimo and being declared cancer free. Yesterday, the Princess of Wales hosted a meeting with members from the Royal Foundation sent her for Early Childhood at Windsy Castle to discuss her Early Years campaign. Her attendance marks the beginning of her return to work and engagements moving forward. Last Monday, she published a social media video announcing she had completed her chemos.
Speaker 1: I've seen the videos. She is super, super, super skinny. She doesn't look totally healthy, right, so she's still obviously coming out of all the treatments and stuff. But good for her for fighting back and getting it done. So that's click at her skipet.
Speaker 2: That's awesome. Really in the years coming up?
Speaker 1: All right, really, in the year's coming up next? Matt Sanders stiffness, there's people waiting on us. Who's out front, Dwight.
Speaker 3: We're gonna be talked to Dana with Barktown here in just a little bit barktown town. But first, shady Race, Shady rage baby, Hey, listen up is bourbon and beyond weekend next weekend, loud in life. Are you worried about losing your sunglasses at the festival? You should be. You're gonna be out there getting drunk, acting a fool. You won't have to worry about losing your son glasses if you go to Shady Rays. Why because if you lose them, scratch them and break them. If they're stolen at the festival, they replace them. It's a no brainer. These are high quality, beautiful sunglasses. I highly suggest that you try on the color Rush. They make all of the colors just more bright and vibrant. If you're a golfer, try on the green Wolf series, specifically designed for golfing. Whatever your taste is. They got it at Shady Rays, Shady Rays in the Oxmoor Center or online at shady rays dot com. Relin in the year straight away and Who's ready to eight forty whas band name?
Speaker 2: Stiffed by Sanders, stiff by Sanders?
Speaker 3: What damn? My headphones are broken?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 3: Can I just leave? Yeah, I've you dismissed.
Speaker 2: Okay, you can go.
Speaker 1: We have Marty Book coming on about a half hour to do his picks.
Speaker 3: First week, Get yours. I'm throwing out the first pitch and I get yours. Trying to get in my head send me pictures of he sent me videos of people throwing pitches in the dirty.
Speaker 1: The fact that you're throwing after or before your athletic wife, wife, I know man, you you totally. I was like, you buried the league and you look on your face when I said you're you're throwing.
Speaker 3: Okay, fake a heart attack or something.
Speaker 2: Right, she throws like a guy. You throw like a girl. That's what's gonna be.
Speaker 3: I can't do this all right.
Speaker 1: Courtney Donaho has gotten a hold of us and said it is talk like a pirate a day.
Speaker 3: Oh hey, what what is a pirate's favorite restaurant?
Speaker 2: I don't know. Army, army, what is a pirate's favorite letter?
Speaker 3: Was the sea? I got white? I got white?
Speaker 2: I got white, I got white?
Speaker 3: Why is your How does a pirate get to work? I don't know?
Speaker 2: Fauci mass transit? Oh shut up? Man started buddy, Okay, got me. These were all top twenty hits back in the day. Turn it up, everybody, sweet home Alabam.
Speaker 1: Oh, this is kind of like in the middle. When did the play going down? When did the plane go down? Seventy seven or seventy eight?
Speaker 3: It was like seventy seven. I think.
Speaker 1: It's the lead singer's name, Uh fans Ant. He's kind of a jerk, the big time jerk.
Speaker 3: It was mean.
Speaker 2: He was mean and made those people get on the plane. Even though they were like, dude.
Speaker 3: There's a uh, there's a documentary out there called uh tomorrow watch it.
Speaker 2: I cried.
Speaker 3: I did too.
Speaker 1: I'm not even that big of a I love the band, but I'm not that big of a fan. And I cried because listening to the two guys that are remaining talk about him. At one point that van Zant had broke a bottle and cut his hands up. That was Gary Ross and he was just to slice my hands up. And he's a guitar player and he's just or a bass player.
Speaker 3: Whatever it was, Gary Ross.
Speaker 1: He goes, he goes, you'll never play again, he slices ends up. It's like, okay, it's a healthy band. Artemus Powell actually from Louisville. He was the one that talked about how how the band met their death.
Speaker 2: Sorry, go ahead, Beach Baby, first class, same year. So it's lower seventies three or four, No, not necessarily beach Baby, Beach.
Speaker 1: They wrote they wrote sweet Home Alabama in response to Neil Young southern man.
Speaker 2: Okay, whoa.
Speaker 3: No help on this one? But from sweet Home Alabama. I'm gonna go four seventy four or five baby, But wasn't all this crap earlier in.
Speaker 2: The mm hmm, so that's not helping you out too much. I'm guessing this is a remake. He's use of Islam now used to be Cat Stevens, Stevens covering Sam Cook. I think another Saturday night, no help.
Speaker 3: Saturday did? I ain't got nobody. I got some money because I just got paid. I had some chick to talk.
Speaker 2: Who gets paid on Saturday?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Some people do get paid on Saturday. Why are you against people that get paid on Saturdays?
Speaker 3: Listen, I am against Let me be on the record.
Speaker 2: What's the Bible say, Dave?
Speaker 3: It's against it again, It's said, it's against it said thou neverest shall redeem thy paycheck.
Speaker 1: By the way, Uh snake pliskin and uh.
Speaker 3: I thought it was blisking?
Speaker 1: Is it it's p is it pliskin? Or biscuits is on the TV behind Dwight.
Speaker 3: I'm dying so stupid.
Speaker 1: He's now playing basketball all to not get killed. He's he shoots a half corn shot that Danny makes it for him not to die?
Speaker 2: Which one is this? Escape from La? Escape from La? Let's got that dumb surfing scene with the real cheesy graphic. Yes, yes, I honestly love you.
Speaker 1: And by the way, hitting these shots with one eye death perception. Hello, oh oh, it's saying yeah, I'm seventy three, seventy four, seventy five, I'm four or five.
Speaker 3: I love you, I honestly love you.
Speaker 2: It's for you, Danny Wimmer.
Speaker 3: Danny, Danny Wimmer. I love you, Danny Wimer.
Speaker 2: I don't remember this part of her career.
Speaker 3: I honestly love you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's not late seventies because I would remember little bit of it.
Speaker 3: Talk to a listener yesterday on social media. He said, it's so stupid listening to really in the years without the music. Yeah, he said, hearing you all.
Speaker 1: Singing yeah, podcast people, I'm sorry, sorry, I'm sorry. Okay, I'm at seventy three, seventy four, seventy.
Speaker 2: Five, Okay, a couple more Togo, it's Andy Kim. No help rock me, gently rock me, gently rock me. Yeah, but still no help little yacht rock. Yeah, this is yacht rock man. This is good sung dude.
Speaker 3: Time to get through this on the video.
Speaker 2: Like many times, for some reason, when.
Speaker 3: We go to break, I want to get on the computer and see if it's bliskin or bliskin.
Speaker 2: I'm pretty sure it's pliskin. Be quiet listening to this great song pe quiet in time, in time, touching me, touching you.
Speaker 3: Sound like Blu Reed made love to uh Neil Diamond.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thanks for putting that in my head. Yeah, nothing wrong with that though, after the p Diddy videos, right, I can't need something to get that out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, seventy three or seventy four, but I think it's it's it's four, It's not seventy three.
Speaker 2: I know that the number one song five September the nineteenth, somewhere back in the day Courtney donah ho this is for you. She hates this song, right, yes she does. She does.
Speaker 3: Eric Clapton covering Bob Marley, Shut shit, this is a good song.
Speaker 2: Shut shit your faces.
Speaker 3: It makes me nauseous. Why I said some songs I love Clapton. Just let Bob Marley have this one. Did you see the Bob Marley movie. I gotta watch it.
Speaker 1: I gotta watch it too, cancer right, and the Bob Dylan movie is coming out.
Speaker 2: I don't know if you'll saw that. Is that Marley or Parley?
Speaker 6: Hey?
Speaker 3: I hope that the I hope that the I hope that the Bob Delan movie has subtitles now carry Tabby Talks, you know everybody else.
Speaker 2: He holds up a card and then yeah, and then another one.
Speaker 3: Subtrading homesick blues Joe, it's a dollar out.
Speaker 2: Thank you. I still can't. I can't stop watching this damn snake plisken.
Speaker 3: I like seventy four.
Speaker 2: Seventy four is my answer, with a side of seventy five. Yeah, but I'm going to go seventy four. Yeah, get seventy five seems too late. The original too was because that beats stupid beat stuff. I shot the sheriff was number one September the nineteenth. Nineteen seventy four.
Speaker 1: We hit the Goldielocks era, right, do sevent Now it's safe to get on the.
Speaker 2: You know, David just felt right. Sometimes you just go with your feeling. Its exactly right. Are we gonna talk about dogs next?
Speaker 3: Yes, we are right.
Speaker 1: We'll talk about dogs next to sit Tight News Radio eight forty w.
Speaker 3: H A, what what it is? Snake plus can wrong for decades? Oh yeah, okay, Dana. Yes, and I'm flattered, but I'm a married man. Quit dancing with me that way. Okay, seriously, I heard the music, I know, and I'm flattered, but quit dancing like that. You see what this ring means. Take this ring means that this candy store here is closed. I do love her though Dana Skaggs.
Speaker 1: Candy Store off also offers waffles and chocolate Cha pancakes.
Speaker 3: Obviously, look at me.
Speaker 1: Okay, so uh, I don't want to bury the lead. But we're talking about dogs and yeah, and I want you to listen up because this is their biggest fundraiser. This is just one of the four they do. This is the big eie. So please listen up and help and then we won't Well the lead story we'll.
Speaker 2: Have at the end.
Speaker 3: But it's a big one.
Speaker 2: It's a big one.
Speaker 3: It's a big one.
Speaker 2: It's a big one, so talk about.
Speaker 3: It's the first time I ever get to say that.
Speaker 2: It's a big one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, so well you can say it. This is the ninth year for the Poker Rod.
Speaker 2: Pretty successful.
Speaker 6: Yes, we are going into our ninth year. It's the Ride to Rescue. It supports Barktown Rescue. Okay, the Traveler's Widow Sons. They're a Masonic riding association and they're the ones that put the rod on for us. So they've been doing it for nine years. The relationship started when they wanted to donate a dryer to us and then it kind of led from from there. But they've raised over seventy five thousand dollars for us in nine years.
Speaker 3: Good for them, fantastic.
Speaker 6: That's pretty awesome. Yeah, so it's next weekend, next Saturday. It starts at Barktown Rescue. Okay, we always started at Barktown. When you come and you register, people walk through, they see what they're riding for. We've gotten adoptions out of that, cats, dogs, all of the above because they're you know, they're able to walk through and meet some So that's that's the whole reason we're doing it.
Speaker 4: It's a lot of fun. You can you can rescue or register that morning and they have some donuts and some coffee, get ready to ride, and there's always a lot of riders there. We have some cars, but we average about one hundred one hundred bikes.
Speaker 2: Wow, that is a lot. That's a pretty good visual.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it started off kind of small, but it has it has grown, and it's it's grown to like I said, about one hundred bikes. We go through you know, the country roads through Bullet, Nelson Counties, sometimes even Washington County.
Speaker 2: I think beautiful.
Speaker 1: It's beautiful ride, I understand, and a lot of people have commended you for having a very Sometimes these rides are not very safe, you guys. This group that does it for you, Sonic guys, they pretty much set up a very safe ride.
Speaker 6: We've gotten a lot of compliments on how organized the ride is and how safe it is. I mean, obviously, when you've got one hundred bikes, you've got to try to be as safe as possible. You know, there are rules when you're riding with us, of of you know, we're not We're not racing, We're not doing anything like that. You're just enjoying a country ride.
Speaker 3: Can I say something? If you're wanting to go racing, you're barking up the wrong tree.
Speaker 2: No, you put a dollar in the bad jokes?
Speaker 3: Are you right now?
Speaker 2: Put it in?
Speaker 3: Come on, dude, girls get around, always try to come on. Pop off with that? All right?
Speaker 2: So how many doggies? Is it just dogs? You got cats?
Speaker 6: We have cats?
Speaker 2: Okay? So which one is worse? Right now? The cats or more dogs?
Speaker 3: Question? Can people register right now.
Speaker 6: Yes, okay, so they did give me a road name and my road name is Mel Yes, my husband and my husband is gonna be okay.
Speaker 2: So what kind of besides this? How can people help?
Speaker 4: It?
Speaker 1: Says, you know, people that don't ride and they just want to give, you know, twenty five fifty bucks.
Speaker 2: How do they do that?
Speaker 6: They can go to our website, have an Amazon wish list, and we have a wish list on there. But if you if you go to our website, it's Parktown Rescue dot org and you can actually pre register for the ride on our website. If you go to our shop, we will be cutting that off of Saturday morning early, but you can still show up the and we do the preregistration because the first one hundred people get a shirt.
Speaker 3: There you go, let me see you brought shirts in it. I want to see it this shirt that.
Speaker 6: This is not the shirt, but I haven't seen the shirt yet. But this is like one of our so jess on the shirt.
Speaker 2: Is you've seen that the dog with the goggles on the my on the.
Speaker 6: Bike and she rides through Bardstown.
Speaker 2: They're not goggles. What are they?
Speaker 3: They're doggles.
Speaker 6: They're doggles I gotta go. She was adopted from us and he takes her through. Well, she's older now, so I'm not sure she's still riding, but she's been on our rides because she has a little sidecar and she rides through Bardstown. It's not super cute.
Speaker 2: Show him, show mister impatient.
Speaker 3: Get all right? That is cool?
Speaker 2: Is cool? It really is? It is Barktown.
Speaker 3: Can't tell you something, Barktown. I like big mutts that I cannot lie.
Speaker 2: Stop.
Speaker 3: I hear that about you.
Speaker 2: Stop. Oh, I like that one. I like that one. I like that one. I like the green one.
Speaker 3: All right, Dave, I'm putting plenty of money in the bad joke.
Speaker 1: Thank you for what you do for the community, for the little doggies and the kiddies.
Speaker 3: Pre register or show up for more information on the ride or the preregister going to Barktown Rescue dot o r G. Barktown Rescue dot O RG. Can you speak just for a minute sixty seconds on what Barktown does and how people get a hold of you.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, the best way to get a hold of us is our website and our email address. If you want to inquire about a dog or a lot of our dogs, and cats are listed on our website, so you can go to our website is the best source of information for all things Barktown. We do also have a booth in the Arts and Crafts Fair that's coming up in October in Bardstown. You can stop buying see us.
Speaker 6: Go ahead, Yeah, you can purchase some dog art.
Speaker 2: Oh, how how much dog art do you have, Dwight?
Speaker 3: In my backyard we've got well listen, Susan picked up the dog art two days ago. But we got a little bit.
Speaker 6: And you know what, so our dogs do art like they make art and we sell it, all right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, all like Paul prints on a thing.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I.
Speaker 3: Get it.
Speaker 6: I get the peanut butter off of the I get the.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right. I suppose to say thank you to you and everybody at Barktown Barktown Rescue dot Org. Thanks to people like you all, anything is possible.
Speaker 2: All right, hey, Dwight, Yeah, out in thank you out in the state. When you find a couch, you get thirty five thousand dollars.
Speaker 5: Right here, you get a TV. That's right. Listen soon, heyst listen. SIMS furniture, s I MS, how's your furniture?
Speaker 3: How is it for you? How's it for your wife? How is it for your rescue dog? Is it comfortable and good looking? It should be. Go to Sims Furniture and upgrade your living room, your dining room, your bedroom. Upgrade at all with SIMS Furniture one M S I M S on Dixie Highway and Preston Highway. And by the way, it's also mattresses and appliances. And it's football season coming up on winter. Could you use an extra television? Everybody could use an extra television. Very If you spend one thousand dollars or more Sims Furniture, they're gonna throw in a free TV. You're gonna love the beautiful furniture they have. You're gonna love the prices even more. SIMS Furniture S I M S on Dixie Highway and Preston Highway, the former target sales stick around news at the top of the hour and then Greg galliad at some point news right away forty w H A S