Speaker 1: The coffee and Company with Nick Coffee, fueled by Thornton's today at three on Sports Talk seven nine day, It's time for coffee and Company. Fueled by Thornton's on Sports Talk seven nine day.
Speaker 2: Holy crap, I don't know who the hell we think when we.
Speaker 3: Are get off our show. Idiot.
Speaker 4: The kids are playing to tail of the countries.
Speaker 3: Are screwing it up.
Speaker 1: Gold Play Inner Murals.
Speaker 3: Brother goal play Inner Murals.
Speaker 5: They're supposed to be mature adults, but they're really not.
Speaker 3: Who's the kid here?
Speaker 1: Who's the kid here?
Speaker 3: Are you kidding me? Now? Here's Nick Coffee.
Speaker 6: All right, let's get it started. Happy Friday, Happy Valentine's Day. Love is in the air, folks, and I would love for you to around and spend your Valentine's Day afternoon with us Coffee and company. We are fuel by Thorton's here on Sports Talk seven to ninety getting you set for the weekend, and certainly a big weekend, no doubt. I mean, college basketball doesn't have that many weekends left, so for me, it's a big weekend for that reason alone. I love college hoops and sure enough we are we're not that far from the end. Of the regular season. I mean Louisville right now they have let's see one, two, three, four, five, but they have six regular season games left, essentially three weeks left in the regular season, and I'm gonna enjoy all of it. Now. Louisville plays on Sunday at eight o'clock Austin Montgomery. You okay with that, because I got to tell you, I think I'm in the minority. I love a Sunday night game. I don't know, I'm kind of affy about it because selfishly, I just like knowing that I got nothing going on on Sunday nights.
Speaker 2: That's gonna be a great way to look at it.
Speaker 6: If it's a Saturday afternoon, I may have, you know, I got I got my son's basketball games, I've got, you know, family commitments and stuff, because you know, it's that's what I'm got to be a family man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's usually nothing to do on Sunday.
Speaker 6: So you're right, iheartscatch you doing seventeen jobs these days. But yeah, there's a good chance that Sunday evening you won't be doing one of those, so you can be you can be relaxing and enjoying this Louisville basketball team. They take on Notre Dame against Sunday night at eight o'clock, so we can just see they played North Carolina on a Sunday night, right or was that right? Oh no, well actually no, no, here's what happened. They played Duke on a Sunday. They played Carolina on New Year's Day, which was a Wednesday. But because we had the holiday break and then we had to go back to work, that Wednesday felt like a Sunday.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I know exactly what you mean.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was one of those.
Speaker 4: So anyways, we can just watch college hoops.
Speaker 6: Actually have a birthday party tomorrow for my daughter.
Speaker 4: We're going to go skating. It's going to be a lot of fun.
Speaker 2: Happy birthday.
Speaker 4: I have not and by the way, she's living it up. We have celebrated her.
Speaker 6: Her birthday is February the eighth, and I'm pretty sure this will be like our fifth celebration in some former fashion, which hey, you know, she's certainly not going to tell anybody.
Speaker 4: She doesn't want to celebrate your birthday.
Speaker 2: That's her birth month.
Speaker 6: When's the last time you went you went skating? Like I like, not ice skating, but like roller skating at a skating rink.
Speaker 2: Maybe when I was probably probably Maya's age, maybe when I was in like elementary school.
Speaker 4: Was it a thing to do when you were a kid like socially.
Speaker 2: I think it was like just getting out. I remember a couple of nights like going out like my mom and her front, like they made it like a big deal to go there. I just could never skate, so always stayed in that like small little corner where they just have like a block off for it, and I just I just never did it. I was always too scared to fall. I was too scared to fail as a kid.
Speaker 6: I don't I could be totally off here. I feel like there can't be that many skating rinks still around.
Speaker 2: I mean, I don't know too much. There's the.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 6: It was the thing to do when I was a kid. So when I was in gosh really fifth sixth, seventh grade, that range if we were doing something socially like going somewhere the movies always was was an option. But we didn't have a movie theater close to us whenever I was a kid, so we would have to really hike it from Bullet County, you know, out in the in the suburbs and we would have to get a ride to like Stony Brook, which wasn't which wasn't that convenient for our parents. Then they ended up putting one in near where we live. That I think they put it in towards the end of my high school years. But anyways, skating and bowling. We had a bowling alley and we had skating and that was kind of what we did whenever I was young, that if you could get your parents to drop you off at skating, you get four hours same thing bowling. That would be global and it would be it. It'd be a lot of fun. And maybe that's still a thing and kids still do that, but it was a lot of fun. But yeah, I've she loved skating. So we're going to have her party at one of the skating rinks here in Louisville. I can't think of the name of it, but she is. She's remembered each of the last few skating parties that she's had. Because we sometimes go with her school as well, they'll have a little I think it's like once one time before for Christmas break, and then one time after Christmas break, her school will have like a night at the local skating rink, and she loves that we go and it's a lot of fun. But she knows that I've never I've never skated before whenever I'm with her, and she's been on me about it. So I'm gonna have to actually skate. So long story short, if I somehow break my neck, I'm gonna leave coffee and company to you. All right, It's it's yours if skating ends up, you know, either killing me, which I don't think that would be the case, but you never know.
Speaker 2: I mean, I are you nervous to skater?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 6: And no not because like I'm not nervous about like embarrassing myself. Yeah, but you know, like I'm old enough now to where just skating even if I don't try to go fast. But I'm just you know, let's say a very mild afternoon on the rink where I'm just kind of you know, I'm skating, but I'm not really giving in my all. I'll be using muscles that I don't typically use, and I'll be sore, and that's what I don't want because I'm getting old, you know what I mean? Right Like that you can you can you can be someone that works out. Maybe you're active at the gym when it comes to just cardio stuff, but when you do like, for example, whenever, I bet if you are someone that that lifts weights, maybe not like every day, but it's part of your your lifestyle, your routine. If you're out shoveling snow for two hours, even though you lift weights, like you're using a specific muscle in a certain way that you're not usually used to and it's going to leave you sorece.
Speaker 2: So whole different kind of workout.
Speaker 6: And I'm in this, you know, I think I hope she has a You mentioned nerves and and and the first thing that came to mind for me, And this is just me being a dad and being somebody who you know, worries about everything in life. Uh, I just know, I hope she has a good turnout. We invited a lot of her friends from school, and uh, I just I've been to a couple of kids' birthday parties before where you could tell it was a very low turnout than what they were expecting, and it makes me sad, so like, I hope that doesn't happen. So anyways, if you if we invited you to come to my daughter's party tomorrow for skating and you are SVPED and you don't show up.
Speaker 2: I'm coming out after your ass. We got your name down.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we we know who you are.
Speaker 6: We'll find you. You're watching well, In fact, I'll just bring her to your front door. We'll knock and say, hey, where were you today?
Speaker 2: Roll to the front.
Speaker 6: Look at this sad child that you made upset and now you know you ruined your birthday. I mean I probably won't be that dramatic, but I'll I'll be there too, me and you, and oh yeah, I like it. You're you're the muscle. Yeah, of course you're the muscle. You're the guy that knocks. You don't even say a word, just wait till somebody comes to the door. To stand there with like that posture straight up, just kind of waiting for somebody.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like Walter White said, I'm the danger.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you do have a You do have a build about you that if we put like a like a security suit on you. And I don't mean like an I mean like an actual, like a somebody that just looks like you are, Like, get you an ear piece, get you a suit, and you know, maybe just continuously have the same posture to where you're like, you know, law enforcement like you you look like you'd be secret service kind of protecting somebody.
Speaker 2: Exactly, a little eighty two back reception. I know that I know that.
Speaker 4: Good stuff, all right?
Speaker 6: So, uh, before we dive in here, do we have anything tied to the event that's in town here that's a big deal every year? Is it the Farming Machinery Show?
Speaker 2: Yes? Okay, I don't know if you've had some on air winners for last week.
Speaker 6: So this has to be like this isn't just a big deal here, like people come from all over it seems right.
Speaker 2: Yes, there's a lot of people there.
Speaker 1: So.
Speaker 6: At first I just thought it was something that you know, people in the area that of course that their industry is farming and whatnot that they but you can tell one there's a lot of I mean there's a lot of people downtown walking around, more so than I'm used to seeing whenever I come in for work or when I leave.
Speaker 4: But for Street Live, they have our They do it right.
Speaker 6: I mean, they do it the right way as far as what makes sense for them from a business standpoint. I don't like it, but I get it, Like they're not necessarily going to be open twenty four I mean honestly, like during the day, they're not open, Like there's not anything open down here, maybe other than Guy Fieri's. And it's just because to have people there working whenever you just don't get huge crowd, it wouldn't make a lot of sense. So when you have events like this, things that bring people to town, I mean that's when four Street's packed. So like when I get here yesterday and even today, like there's kind of already people mingling in four Street Live. And when we leave, I mean there's already, like yesterday, there was already a line to get into is it PBR. This is across the way here, yes, And that, by the way, that's exactly where you would expect people who want to go out to a bar to go is PBR.
Speaker 2: And they put in like a like an outdoor little bar area like they put up some towny.
Speaker 6: So look, I just I love where we are as far as our studio. I think it's cool that we're in four Street Live. It's also kind of nostalgic to know that I'm sitting here as we speak, in front of this microphone and in what used in the exact same spot I'm sitting now.
Speaker 4: This used to be a bar, and I'm pretty sure like this was.
Speaker 6: Like the I've probably had many drunken nights five feet from where I'm sitting right now, many many many years ago, and it's just kind of wild to think about that we are.
Speaker 4: So have you ever been to Tango? Said cantina or something.
Speaker 6: We just called it tango, But that was a bar that that that was that was pretty pretty popular. I feel like whenever I guess maybe ten years ago, roughly around that era, and uh, it shut down. So if you know what I'm talking about when I say tango, just think of like that bar.
Speaker 4: It's now our iHeart location.
Speaker 6: Here in downtown louisvill which is pretty It's a pretty sweet set up, but anyways, there's just better vibes whenever there's more people are out and about downtown. Like yesterday, when I walked out, there was a guy who at six point fifteen looked to already be pretty deep into the beers, and he looked at me when I walked out of our building, and I guess he just noticed that, Hey, that's an iHeart place, and he said, hey, fellas Ryan Seacrest in there, and I said, no, he's not. Where's he at? I'm like, well, he doesn't work here, And I think he knew that.
Speaker 4: He just he just wanted to. He just wanted to see what. You know, what I had to say?
Speaker 6: I guess but yeah it shed said, no, Ryan Seacrest not here, but I'll go get Bobby Bones for you.
Speaker 4: How about will that here?
Speaker 2: You go so I'll be here. We got aut Montgomery. That's that's why I had Seacrest at home. Yeah.
Speaker 6: I would be really good at that, by the way, because you know I can guess up the fellas. I mean, that's I I play that role in my group of friends, and I'll be I'm happy to do it for anybody I can. I can guess people up. And you gotta if you don't guess the fellows up, who's gonna do it?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 4: You gotta you gotta have somebody that can do it.
Speaker 2: Hey, you can't do it yourself.
Speaker 4: You get the confidence going.
Speaker 6: But like, what if I would have told this gentleman yesterday, I don't have Ryan Seacrest and Bobby Bones is in here, but let me go get Austin Montgomery got Austin.
Speaker 2: But you talked about the Austin, I.
Speaker 6: Would present it in a way to where he wouldn't know who I'm talking about maybe, but he would he would realize it's such an important name. He would just be, oh, yeah, please please could you go get him? So anyways, I.
Speaker 2: Just walk out of there. My three X vikings.
Speaker 6: Friday Fridays are good for the vibe and uh it just it's nice knowing that there's a lot of people in town and uh, I'm I'm ready for the weekend. Hopefully you guys are as well. We're gonna have some fun. A lot of people have a three a weekend, That's right. I keep forgetting Yeah we don't.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 4: So do you get a comp day for that too?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just get like the whole basically, like the whole day off from promotions, and I just got to come in when the show starts.
Speaker 6: So but but promotions are you guys. So here's how they do it for us, and I'm gonna make sure. I mean, I don't know how it wouldn't be the same for you. But there are days where the company as a whole and there's a lot more people that work for this company in a variety of different roles that are not on air people or producers. So, and I'm not talking about just people here, I mean I'm talking about all of the world who work for iHeart to where this is a holiday that that the company is shut down for, but the on air is still like programming is still on. So what happens and look at all evens out. But I just for some reason feel like I get like extra vacation days when we get these comp days. So will you be credited a vacation day because you.
Speaker 4: Are working on Monday?
Speaker 2: I think? So we'll get it.
Speaker 4: We'll get it worked out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we'll find out because I mean you should. We'll call Ryan c. Krest ask.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we'll give them a call, baby Bobby Boem. Maybe they can help us out. We'll see, all right. So, uh, what I wanted to get into as we get this thing started is bracketology. And I am enjoying looking at every single bracketology update that's out there from anybody. In fact, I've seen some that takes me a few minutes to look at it to realize, Okay, this is clearly somebody trolling, like this is not really what any bracket.
Speaker 4: Would look like.
Speaker 6: But either way, Louisville being back in the mix for the tournament clearly right now looking like a tournament team if it started today, that has me excited and I was doing I wouldn't say a deep dive at Louisville's resume because it really I don't even know how you would do that, because it's actually pretty easy to figure out. I mean, when you break down their resume, what makes it impressive, what might be slightly concerning? What is you know, where they are with the net, the kin palm, that kind of stuff.
Speaker 5: Like.
Speaker 6: I think I have a pretty good idea of what the best case scenario for Louisville is the rest of the way, and I want to get into that. Also, the latest update from Joel and already has an interesting potential match up in the second round that we'll get to coming up here just to moment, but I do need to let you know we are fueled by Thornton, so make sure you sign up to become a member of the Thornton's Freshman Awards program. If you have procrastinated as far as getting your significant other a gift for Valentine's Day, they don't sell greeting cards at Thornton's and if you waited this long, you're probably in trouble when it comes to that. But just know Thornton's has gift cards to all kinds of different places. I mean, you could get them a Thornton's gift card. There's nothing better than that. But they also have gift cards to other businesses, So just keep that in mind. I'm sure there's somebody listening right now that realized, oh it's Valentine's Day and I got nothing for my wife or nothing for my husband or whatever it may be. So again, we are proudly fueled by Thornton's. So tomorrow we will get the annual early snapshot of the bracket from the NCAA Selection Committee. Now, this, like it always is, is only going to be the top sixteen sixteen teams, so seeds one through four. We'll find out who that is tomorrow. And I think we have a pretty good idea as far as who the majority of those fourteen teams are going to. I'm sorry, sixteen teams are going to be. But for Louisville, like right now, I would say, just you know, again, none of us know.
Speaker 4: And by the way, I will give Leonardi some credit.
Speaker 6: He is somebody that has started to be transparent from his perspective, and he's not He's not doing what he would do if he was on the committee.
Speaker 4: He is actually doing all this bracketology.
Speaker 6: And I think this has always been the case, but I've always wondered, are you saying what you would do or are you saying what you think the committee's gonna do? And he has been a little bit more informative as far as how he comes to his updates as far as the bracket. He's basing it off of previous seasons as far as what the committee has done. And it's not the same committee every single year. But the process as far as who you know, the process as far as whoever it is that comes to how they see teams has really been the same for a long time. So for Louisville, he's got him currently as a seven seed, and I would say that's probably a safe assumption right now that there are seven. I wouldn't be shocked if they're an eight. I don't think right now they would hit the sixth line, and I don't think right now that they would fall as far as an eight. So I think, you know, just guessing, I would say they've got a seventy five percent chance of being a seven seed currently and twenty five percent chance of being an eight. By the way, how about this, He's got Kentucky as a let's see, where is it?
Speaker 4: I just saw it? Where are they at?
Speaker 2: Where are they at?
Speaker 6: Because yeah, he has Kentucky as a three seed in the South region, and the one seed in that region would be Auburn, and two seed would be Houston, and the four seed in that region would be who is it?
Speaker 4: Michigan State?
Speaker 6: So Arkansas is apparently one of the last teams in currently according to Lenardi. In fact, they're the second to last team in George's the last team in according to Lenardi. So they would play Jacksonville State, of course, or a team that's a fourteen seed, teams like Jacksonville State, Northern Colorado, uncg Utah Valley, which would be interesting because Utah Valley if they're a fourteen seed in Kentucky's three, that would be a storyline because that's where Mark.
Speaker 4: Pope used to coach.
Speaker 6: But anyways, Kentucky would then play the winner of Illinois and the winner of the eleven seed, which is a play in game. So Arkansas is in a play in game against San Diego State, And I mean if Arkansas and Kentucky played in the second round, And by the way, totally just a guess as far as what Lenardi's doing here when it comes to where they would slot teams, but we know that they will absolutely if they've got four teams to put in a certain on a certain seed line and they realize that one of those four, like they're all the same as far as the seed the number, but one of those four would give you a better storyline to where in the second round or maybe even the first round, there would be more interest in that matchup. They're gonna do it. It's not like they're inspiring to set people up, but they will. I mean, it wasn't a coincidence that Richard Patino was the coach that coached against Chris Mack and his tournament appearance at Louisville. So if if it played out to where Kentucky's a three and Arkansas is in that play in spot, I mean that that that you know, that could play out to where they play in the second round, on which you have to what could be you know, I guess the bigger unknown there is what would Arkansas be able to even beat the eleventh seed they're playing, and if so, can they get past a six seed like in Illinois, a Missouri, a Maryland, or a UCLA. But the thought of them playing in the second round, I mean, it's Valentine's Day.
Speaker 2: I don't want to.
Speaker 6: I want to be I don't want to, you know, I don't want to throw people off here and say something. But like I know Kentucky fans see that, and their butthole is real tight. Like I'm just gonna I'm just gonna put it out there, like I know that that. You may say to yourself, well, I hope we get another shot at them. No you don't, No, you don't. And look you may beat them, like you may beat them by twenty. Who knows what this ARKANSA teams can do. But I think the people who claim that they want to see Cali Perry in the tournament, I think they're lying because the scenario, like, again, you may win. It's not that you're necessarily like shaking in your boots. Although they did beat you and it didn't really seem that difficult for them to beat you.
Speaker 4: When they did.
Speaker 6: But the thought of Cali Perry in the tournament being the one that ends Mark Pope's first season.
Speaker 2: Poetic.
Speaker 6: I mean that would I mean, talk about a tough pill to swallow.
Speaker 2: It's a great WWE storyline.
Speaker 6: Too, Yeah, I mean that would be and that's exactly what it would be. It would be WWE, and I would love it all right real quick. In the in the East region, I didn't mention more so Louisville would be playing West Virginia in the seven to ten matchup in Lenardes's bracket, which they've already beat West Virginia. West Virginia's best players now out for the season. The coach's son debrees, I also, can can can you play against a team in the first round that you've already played in the regular season. I'm going to assume that you can, but I would, you know, I think maybe it's that you can't play a conference team until like the second weekend or so.
Speaker 4: Okay, but yeah, t I mean, look, well.
Speaker 2: Because Louisville played NC State when we were talking about them in.
Speaker 4: The if they got they took all the way to these sweets sixtent that's.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, that's right the second weekend, so that makes sense.
Speaker 6: So the two in that, you know, if Louisville, if it goes chalk, louisvill would get a rematch against Tennessee, which I wouldn't necessarily want to sign up for that. I think Louisville would certainly fare better against Ole Miss, Tennessee, Duke, even Kentucky if they played him again, but that's not to say they'd win. But if I'm picking two seeds to play, man, I would probably take Texas A and M Perdue in maybe Houston before I would take Tennessee just because.
Speaker 2: Give me Perdue. Honestly, I'm with you, give me some Matte Painter.
Speaker 6: So the one seed in that region in the East region would be in in Raleigh. Yeah, Duke is the number one seed in the East Region, and the number two was Tennessee. As I mentioned Arizona's three. The four is Michigan, so pretty competitive. Again if this ends, if this ends up being who you're with in your region, you know, I would say of all the one seeds, I don't know which one I'd want to play because I think they're all really good. But anyways, for those of you that are wanting to follow Louisville in the tournament, which I bet there's a lot more people than you would expect. I mean, you never know, but I think because we haven't been in the tournament so long, and this team has been such a fun, fun team to watch, and really the entire season has been such a fun ride so far, I wouldn't be shocked if there's people who really say, look, I don't care where they are, I'm gonna try my best to get there for the first round, second round, because the tournament's awesome, and man, we've been without these these moments for quite some time. So if Louisville is a seventh seed, which I think again seven to six right now, I would say is most likely as it stands today, you could be in Cleveland, Wichita, Milwaukee if you're a seven seed, and if you end up being a six, you will end up in either Cleveland, Milwaukee.
Speaker 4: Denver, yeah, or Denville.
Speaker 6: So I would say, honestly, of all those locations, Cleveland's probably the most I mean, I don't know how convenient it is, but given the other places that you would play if you're one of those seeds, I mean, that's probably the most convenient which Cleveland is not that close and last I check, Cleveland's not a real destination spot. But anyways, we are going to keep the romantic vibes going today on Valentine's Day. Also, we're gonna bring in mister Kent Spencer from WHAS eleven.
Speaker 4: He'll join us at four oh five.
Speaker 6: We're gonna have a rom com movie draft that should be a lot of fun.
Speaker 2: Let's do it.
Speaker 6: And coming up on the other side, I'm not gonna bore you with a bunch of numbers and quad one, quad two stats and all that, but I do want to give you at least what I think is best case scenario for Louisville and really what the ceiling is for them as far as the NCAA tournaments.
Speaker 4: We'll get to that in a lot more.
Speaker 6: And if you want to join us on the show, you can five two if I have seven one seventy nine hundred is the number. If you want to give us a call, you can also texting on the Element Federal Credit Union tex line five O two six five three zero seven ninety keep it locked right here, have you Valentine's Day on Sports Talk seven ninety.
Speaker 1: Now now back to coffee and Company fueled by Thornton's on Sports Talk seven nine day.
Speaker 6: That's right, Valentine's Day. Happy Valentine's Day, everybody. It's a Valentine's Day edition of Coffee and Company fuel by Thornton's here on Sports Talk seven ninetyn't forget coming.
Speaker 4: At at four o'clock, we're going to bring in mister Kin.
Speaker 6: Spencer from WHAS eleven, and then at four forty five we will bring in the one and only. In fact, I have the time wrong. I think we're gonna do kN at five oh five. I had that wrong. So five oh five we'll have Kent Spencer, and then at four forty five we're going to talk to doctor Eric mclroy Prora at physical Therapy about a variety of things, including what he can tell us about the groin situation with Chucky. And clearly he looked fine in the game against in the game against NCY State the other night, and he later I don't know if he said it after the game, but it was revealed during the broadcast that he actually had a groin issue previously at Wisconsin and never missed any time. So it really does seem as if this was just a really this was just a safety measure, which again makes total sense. It certainly scared the hell out of me, and I know I'm not alone, but very happy to see that Chucky at least seems to be seems to be okay.
Speaker 2: I don't know if any other Louisville player has ever had their groin watched in the last week as much as Chucky.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean, Taekwon Dean had groin slash hernie a kind of thing going on, but it wasn't to the level of I mean, taekwond was great, one of the best players he's ever played here, especial certainly one of the best shooters. But yeah, I don't remember they're being because again, the way things have played out for Louisville this year. I mean, look, if this was just you know, if you didn't already have injuries, if we didn't have a really fun season, you know that we were in the midst of that that clearly has been a fun ride. You already have injuries with other guys, you know, kind of when it rains at poors kind of thing. Because this team, I had every reason to to legitimately feel as if they were just cursed and they were snake bitten, and you know, because a lot of things that have happened were out of their control. I mean the loss of Case and prior korn Johnson. I mean that was not ideal, especially when you consider it happened like as soon as the season started. But they never played victim, they never felt sorry for themselves and put together a phenomenal month of January and just have been have been a team that looks to be safely in the tournament for like the last month and some change and then a potential loss of Chucky that could have left him out for a while. I mean, it could change, It could have changed that. So that's why I was so fearful. But you know, I'm glad to know that he's that he's okay.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 3: So let's talk.
Speaker 4: About Louisville's resume.
Speaker 6: So if you were looking at Louisville top to bottom here and your objective, I think as mentioned, six and seven seed range makes total sense. I feel like that is I mean, if they were giving us not just the top sixteen teams tomorrow in that early snapshot that they give us each and every year, and they were giving us the entire field, I would be highly shocked if Louisville did not end up as a six or a seven. I'd say most likely seven. I think if anything that wasn't a seven, you'd be a six. But I guess maybe there's a small percentage chance that you would be an eight. So when it comes to what I guess the ceiling is as far as seeding, I really don't know if you can get higher than a five, and I think even a five might end up being kind of tough to do. I think the scenario where you end up getting a five seed or better and I guess five if you get if you get a four, because I think that's that's and I don't think that's likely in any way. But if you were to get there, that probably means that the teams that you have beat or that have beat you, they end up finishing strong to where the losses fall in the quad one range all of them do, and that you end up having some extra quad ones that aren't looked at as like valuable wins, but man, they still fall on the quad one range, and you're stacking up enough of those, so that throw that scenario out there like that would be a big factor. But Also, I think you'd have to beat Duke because there's nobody else in the ACC, not only on your schedule, but also in conference in the conference tournament. Like, no matter who you play in the tournament, there's only one team that would really give you significant value of a win, and that's Duke, and one you don't even know if you're gonna play them, and also beating them as much easier said than done. So I just think, realistically speaking, five is the best case scenario for this team. And what I mean, and the reason I say that is because right now, if you're just looking at notable wins, all losses, strength of schedule, where you fall in the net, where you fall in the Ken palm, where you are in quad one, quad two, I mean, I just think that that's that mean. I guess we'll start with this right now. You don't have any signature wins, and I guess that's all anybody. It's just whoever, what does a signature win or a resume win. There's really no defined metric that tells you what you know what in fact qualifies as that because it can just be one person's opinion. But I think Louisville's best win being Clemson, which I don't think that. I know that that is their best win, and that win got better looking whenever you saw them knockoff Duke and then beat the hell out of Carolina. I mean, that's Louisville's best win and is most likely going to be their best win the rest of the season.
Speaker 4: So that's not a good thing.
Speaker 6: It's not alarming, but like, you're not going to have any win unless you be Duke in the ACC Tournament. That is going to really look like, damn, that was impressive.
Speaker 4: What a win.
Speaker 6: Now you have a lot of wins, right I mean, Louisville is sitting here currently with it is it eighteen or nineteen wins?
Speaker 4: They pull up their record here, I know.
Speaker 6: They have, so right now Louisville is sitting at nineteen and six overall. So you got your your one went away from twenty and of your six losses, only one is legitimately like a bad loss, but it's not the worst. It's Georgia Tech. They're in the top. They're right at one hundred, so I think if they end up, I don't know what the range is for the Quad three, but nonetheless, that's your one isolated bad loss.
Speaker 4: Every other loss.
Speaker 6: Even if Oklahoma doesn't make the tournament, that's not a bad loss. It's a neutral site, and their top fifty still in the kin palm, so I mean that's that's not a bad loss. And then the other losses again, some of them were beat downs like Ole Miss and Tennessee, but you didn't lose to bad teams. So Louisville's resume overall, when you think about the best thing on it, it's got to be where you fall in the net. So, like, what we need this selection committee to do is really value the net because right now, if you're just looking at every every element of the resume and you're going to say what what stands out as the best aspect of the resume, it has to be where you fall in the net rankings. And right now you're sitting just outside the top twenty five at number You were twenty seven yesterday, you're down, you're down to twenty eight today, So twenty eight in the in the net, twenty five in the kN palm. Like, you just really need to hope that they value that because if they start looking at other things to I guess prop up Louisville best win is not going to be impressive, and there's nothing you can do about that. You played a tough schedule and you know, you lost to mostly good teams that you played other than one meaning Georgia Tech. So there's not going to be any scenario unless you somehow beat Duke in the a SEC tournament where you're gonna have a real signature win.
Speaker 4: And really, I mean your quads, I mean.
Speaker 6: You need the you need the teams that are borderline to finish on the right side of the quad one Quad two, because that's gonna you know, again, it doesn't It's not like put it this way, if Indiana ends up finishing in the top fifty of the of the net and they're fifty seventh, right now, that's a quad one win. Let's say they finished forty seventh, then it qualifies as a quad one win. That gives you another valuable win as far as the most value value that you can have. Quad one, Quad two, Quad three, Quad four. However, like their committee's gonna know that that's not the same thing as getting a quad one win when you beat a top five team, right, so your quad ones aren't gonna be all that impressive again, Clemson if they stay in the top thirty of the net, that's a quad one. Oklahoma, that's a loss. So right now they're at forty eight. If they stay in the top fifty, that's a quad one loss. West Virginia they're still in the top fifty, so that's a quad one win because you played them on a neutral site. So let's see, right now, Louisville sits with a total of they're four and five in quad one games. That's not bad that. In fact, I would say right now, if that remains, then that'll look like a pretty impressive that that'll be.
Speaker 4: You know, again, it does matter which quad one wins you have.
Speaker 6: Louisville's four aren't super impressive in man on any given day, they could fall out of being quad ones because again, you need two teams to stay in the top fifty that are borderline, and you need one team to enter the top fifty that's borderlined. And look, Clemson's one loss away from I mean, Clemson's at twenty nine. If Clemson falls to thirty one, that's a quad two win because you beat them at home.
Speaker 4: So if you and.
Speaker 6: By the way, your quad two losses Georgia Tech, so and I don't see them. I mean, they'd have to lose to one of the really really bad teams, which they might because they're not very good overall. But they've shown they can play better than the record indicates, and they've played well since beating Louisville. So again, I think you need the committee to really value the net because that's the best thing you got going is that you're a top thirty maybe top twenty five team in the NET and the kN palm, and you need the teams that we just reference to finish strong. Rather it be in Oklahoma that beats you or a Indiana West Virginia who you beat and you know, if they're top fifty, that's quad one. But again, there's no real like, there's no scenario Indiana ends up being a really valuable quad one. I mean it's bottom of the barrel quad one, a neutral site with a team with teams that are barely in the top fifty. So yes, it'll it'll it'll be best case scenario that those those qualifies quad ones and not quad twos. But the committee's going to realize that, you know, Louisville's potential five quad one wins, I mean, it's not the same as. Let's just chuse Kentucky. You know, they've got a lot of quad one wins. In fact, they probably have as much as anybody now that I think about it. Their quad one wins include you know, a neutral site winn against number two Duke, a road win. Well they call it neutral, but actually I don't know how they do that because they played Gonzaga in Spokane a road game, but they didn't play it in on Gonzaga's home floor. So if that, if that's a I mean, either way, it's still it's still gonna have value. But they also have a top four win against Florida. I mean, they beat Tennessee twice. So again, if you take Louisville's four quad ones in Kentucky's four best quad ones, yeah, we can say that we both have four quad ones, but really it's not the same planet as far as the value that you get. And I'm not picking on Louisville. I'm just stating that, you know, you just need them to say, Okay, Louis's won a bunch of games. They only have one quad two loss. All other losses are quad ones, and although they're not super impressive, they do you have four to five quad one wins. So with that, we're gonna put them. We're gonna put them at A five. I think to get above a five, you're really gonna have to beat Duke, which is easier said than done. And I know it sounds crazy that if you finish with the record of you've got six games left, if you finish twenty five and six in the regular season, you'll probably if you beat these teams bad, you will probably end up honestly getting closer to top twenty ish in the kN Palm and the net, and that'll be good. And if you're thinking, well, how could you be top twenty in the kN Palm or net? How could you do that and have twenty six regular season wins and not be higher than a five seed, it's.
Speaker 4: Because we are in very unfamiliar territory.
Speaker 6: I've never seen Louisville basketball in any time that I've been a fan and followed them as they try to get the best seed possible for the tournament, where you have such little to gain the rest of the regular season and really everything to lose. And by the way, I haven't mentioned Florida State Florida State because Louisville beat them at their place in Florida State. They're one of the teams that doesn't have a great record, but they they did play a pretty challenging non conference schedule. So like right now, Florida State is up to number eighty three in the in the net, I really don't know how they're gonna do it, but if they finish in the top seventy five, that'll that'll get you another quad one win. Which, by the way, Florida State they beat Wake Forest the other night, so I mean that's a win that certainly helped them. So again, I hate to nerd out on numbers so much, but I just I think right now, if Louisville continues to win, which they should, look who they play the rest of the season. Like, we know, they can slip up and lose anybody, but I'm they've proven to be a pretty consistent team when it comes to being ready to play, and I don't think it's any kind of and look, I'm not saying it's gonna be something we should brag about, but they should finish the season with what I just mentioned.
Speaker 4: A twenty six and is it twenty six and six? Let me see here?
Speaker 6: Yeah, right now, they have six wins, So if they finished the season twenty five six, I mean, that'd be great. But I just I don't think it's gonna it's gonna bump them up higher than a five, which that's okay, I mean, I'll take it. Look, I'm just happy they're gonna be in the tournament this year. I would if Louisville hasn't hadn't gone through the previous few seasons and the ACC was you know, the way it is, and the SEC is getting so much love, I may be a little bit more irritated by it and calling out the inconsistencies with how how come this team loses?
Speaker 4: And by the way, even if I.
Speaker 6: Wasn't just kind of, you know, riding the honeymoon season and just happy to be here at this point, which I'm not, if Louisville gets a five seed loses to a twelve, like, that's gonna be tough to take. But my point is this, I don't know how anybody can do the whole well, why is nobody held accountable in the SCC Like I would love to knock the SEC as a league, I can't do it.
Speaker 4: They're that good.
Speaker 6: I don't think people are crazy when they say things like it's the best college basketball conference we've ever seen. Now, you could say that now, but we all know if they flame out in the tournament, then that won't be true because it won't mean these teams aren't really good and deserving of the seeds. But last I checked, regardless of how stupid it can seem at times college basketball, you were viewed by what you do in the NCAA Tournament. It's kind of silly because one game that could ruin your season and ended earlier than you expected. When you enter the Big Dance with twenty seven wins or whatever it may be like, that doesn't define at all, But yet it kind of does in college hoops, which again it's really silly, but it's how it's always been and I wouldn't have it any other way. All right, quick break, we'll come back on the other side and wrap up the three o'clock hour. Keep this thing rolling along. It's Coffee and Company Valentine's dayt istion right here on Sports Talk seven to ninety.
Speaker 4: But that sacks.
Speaker 1: Now back to Coffee and Company, fueled by Thornton's on Sports Talk seven nine day.
Speaker 6: Man, this is this is one of the best right here at say, oh yeah, I have some George right man, do you want to hear what the song? The first song that my wife girlfriend at the time. This is when we were together in I think like eighth grade, So we were together. We can you call it dating when you're in middle school, I mean we were a boyfriend and girlfriend.
Speaker 4: I think what we called it going out? Yeah, we were going out right, and then we separated when we got a little bit older.
Speaker 5: Gosh.
Speaker 6: My parents used to say that all the time, gosh, which really was stupid that we said it, because we couldn't go out, we couldn't drive, went, we went where our parents let us go and took us. But this song came out in two thousand. This was I think seventh grade for me. Whatever she and I were, you know, going out, and we would occasionally go skating or bowling with our friends, and we'd be an item, I guess as much as you could be at that age. But like I would still be shy and like not talk to her because I'd be nervous.
Speaker 4: It was that young.
Speaker 6: But this song jaw Rule had with some woman who I can't think of her name, put it on me.
Speaker 2: I think Lo Mo.
Speaker 6: Yeahature, I'm looking at it right now. Put it on me by jaw Rule featuring Vita and Little Mo. I don't know why twelve I don't know what twelve, twelve and thirteen year olds from Bullet County thought that that was the love ballad that really fit their relationship.
Speaker 4: But that's oh, you related to it. It's where we were.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean it's still a great song, to be honest with you. Maybe throw that into rotation for me later.
Speaker 4: It's a hit, all.
Speaker 2: Right, real quick.
Speaker 6: We've got an update on the Spectrum not Spectrum sorry, YouTube TV Paramount situation. So YouTube TV has reached a deal with Paramount to avoid any kind of a March Madness blackout, and it's a short term extension which is essentially just going to avoid the catastrophe which would be people who have YouTube TV not being able to access the channels that are going to give us March Madness. So it sounds like they're just basically extending their current situation as they try to fight it out and see who's gonna cave. And I feel like we rarely ever find out which, or maybe we do, we just don't care to even pay attention to it. But as far as which side ends up saying all right, look, well we'll fold because we need your We either need your channel so much or we're gonna lose all of our subscribers.
Speaker 4: Or it's the it's the not the.
Speaker 6: Carrier, but the you know, the the paramount or the turner or whatever that that that decides. Look, we can't have people not watching our channels, and we know that your platform reaches a lot of people, and our advertisers need to know that these people who have YouTube TV are going to be able to see their advertisement. So it doesn't matter really who caves as long as you end up getting the channels that you pay for, because the real losers here are the people who pay while these really rich corporations fight it out, and it's really just greed. I mean that's I mean, it's business. So you know you've got to stand for you know, your side of it and whatnot. But yeah, so if you were worried about YouTube TV, meaning you may switch, because I was going to have to switch. But I did realize and I think all of you who let me know this on the text line, and I did my own looking into it as well, as.
Speaker 4: Much as YouTube.
Speaker 6: TV has gone up since I became a subscriber eight nine years ago, whatever it was.
Speaker 4: It's still the best option for what you get.
Speaker 6: I mean, there are certain like Fubo TV is a decent platform that's got some popularity, but when it comes to sports, it really where they stand out is that they have better access to like MBA and MLB, which I don't care about.
Speaker 4: So when it comes to.
Speaker 6: Live TV, all I really ever watch is sports, and the sport that I would lose my mind if I didn't have access to would be college basketball. So happy to see that these two sides were able to get it figured out, at least for the time being, so we can enjoy March madness. All right, Let's go to the text line five OO two six five three zero seven nineties, the number if you guys would like to text in We'd love to hear from you, Ellen, and Federal Credit Union text line FIBO two six five three zero seven ninety. This text says, Nick, do you think James Scott is going to have to wear the mask all season? You said something yesterday that I noticed as well. He seems very uncomfortable and downright frustrated. To have to wear it, I don't know.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 6: In fact, I've got some sound here from Pat Kelsey that I'll play for you guys, as he talked about the whole mask situation with James Scott on the UH on the on the press press conference in Raleigh after the game on Wednesday. So, and I haven't even heard this show, but I do have it here in our in our sound bank. But look, James Scott did look very uncomfortable. You could tell he was. He was not not in any way comfortable, not enjoying it by any means, which I don't know who would enjoy it. But if he does have to wear it, he'll get us, He'll get he'll get more comfortable. I mean, it's not ideal, but I think the more he has to wear it, the more he plays, the more it won't be, the more it won't be so weird for him. But the issue with his mouth, I mean, that was I mean, that was crazy what happened to him. And if you saw, I have a tough time watching it. But like, I don't even think as bad as he looked with that blood gushing out of his mouth, looked like he just got you know, hit with a hammer. The injury when you see what actually happened, like if you watch somebody, if you watch whoever that player was for Miami that fell on his face, I mean that. I feel like that could have hurt him much more severely. And I say that knowing that he did have his two front teeth not only broken and knocked out, but the you know, the root of them was jammed up into his gums. He didn't just have to have like new teeth put in and get that fixed. He had to have little pieces of his tooth or his two front teeth removed from his gum. Like it's awful. So with that, with all that, I wouldn't be shocked if he has to wear it long term. But I guess we'll find out on Sunday or maybe Pat Kelsey's already told us and I don't know, but here's what he had to say about the mask after the game on Wednesday against North Carolina State.
Speaker 5: Our Engineering school at the University of Louislle. I don't know if you guys know this yet, but James went over there and they like they built the mask, you know, they form fitted to his face. They have all that technology over there. I mean, we made one phone call and the Dean and all of them were like, come on over. I mean, that's Louisville. That's how much fast all matters here. And they kind of designed his own mask. I mean, he's such a nice week kid that's tough as nails. When he has that thing on, man, he looks like the bad guy in a in a one of those murdered movies or something like that, and he's got like, you know, he's got the lines right there like I don't know, animal lecter type thing. I don't know what it is. I saw him like, James, you look mean.
Speaker 2: I don't think he was like in the mood to hear that.
Speaker 5: He looked mean, and he's got all this dental work that just happened and broken bones in his face. But he's tough. And you know, James is from right down the road, so coming back here means a lot to him. His mom's here, his grandfather's here, who he's named after. His grandfather's a veteran. He's out there. If you guys saw him in the wheelchair, it was just awesome for him to see his grandson, his namesake, out here on the biggest stage in the acc catching lobs, getting his teeth knocked out, the whole gamut, it's pretty darn cool.
Speaker 4: I gotta be honest with you. I James Scott. I don't know.
Speaker 6: How I would pick a favorite player on this team because I love all these guys, but I love everything about James Scott. That's not to say he's the best player on the team or that he's got, you know, a world of potential, although I do think he has a lot of potential. But to me, if you went into a laboratory and said, create a guy that plays not skill set, but like the way he plays, the way he goes about his business, his mindset, if Pat Kelsey was creating that kind of a guy in a video game, it would be James Scott. I mean he plays hard, super selfless and will do anything that you need him to do, does not at all step outside of his game, and he's tough. He's tough, and I just when I think about Pat Kelsey finding players that you know, he knows may be a little raw, he knows that maybe don't have that five star billing, I think a guy's like James Scott, and I don't think there easy to find. But to me, he is everything that Pat Kelsey looks for in a player, other than, of course talent and ability, but like a guy that is going to embrace the culture that Pat Kelsey instills.
Speaker 4: So good stuff.
Speaker 6: All right, quick break, We've got two more hours left. Happy Valentine's there. We're gonna do a rom com movie draft coming up around four twenty five today, so stick around for that and a lot more coffee and company. Felbout Thornton's on Sports Talk seven ninety