Speaker 1: Hey, I'm still a believer. Twenty twenty four is the season of Mookie bets. The most valuable Dodger is right here, smiling more than we've seen him smile a lot this season, especially while you're on the il.
Speaker 2: Are you having fun again? I am? I am. It's a lot of fun to be back.
Speaker 3: You know, it's it's fun being at home, but you know, it's always uh, it's always good to go.
Speaker 2: Do your purpose. I feel like this is my purpose and I'm just happy to be here.
Speaker 1: What's it like out there with the fans, the home run seats. Are they welcoming you back in a big way? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Absolutely, absolutely, It's fun, man, had I forgot what it's like to be able to turn around and waiting people.
Speaker 2: In the outfield and whatnot.
Speaker 3: You know, being in an infield, you gotta be locked in and nobody really talks.
Speaker 2: To you there.
Speaker 3: But in the outfield I get to be myself, laugh, joke and have.
Speaker 1: Some good interactions to Mookie is a man of many talents. We all know about the bowling, but a little known secret is if you're on Ventura Boulevard and you see a parking wreck and you see a guy at a pickleball court that looks like Mookie Betts. It might really be him. So now you're into pickleball too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I am. That's that's my jam. I play. I played pretty much every day with the wife or my friends at some point.
Speaker 3: But after games, well, she wants to hit balls back and forth, and so she's got the bug just as bad as I do.
Speaker 2: But yeah, pickleball, I love it.
Speaker 1: Can you explain to us what the biggest differences between pickleball and tennis? Why should I choose pickleball over tennis?
Speaker 3: Well, partly because you don't have to move as much, but other than that, I mean, you know, there's there's some people that are that really love tennis and hate pickleball, and some people that really love pickleball and hate tennis.
Speaker 2: It's really whatever you want to do.
Speaker 3: The only thing I would make sure is before you go play pickleball, move do something because a lot of injuries happen just because people get out there.
Speaker 2: And think you don't really move that.
Speaker 3: Much and then they tear achilleses and coughs and all that type of stuff. So I make sure, even with me doing stuff every day, I make sure I move around your car play.
Speaker 1: Mookie's a smart guy. He knows how to keep his happy, his home happy. So I've heard guys like you take up pickleball so you could spend quality time with wifey. It's a husband wife type of thing.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, you know, Uh, it was golf, and you know, golf is the probably the best thing when it comes to communicate her, you know, hanging out with the guys and all the type of things. But you know, you're you're having a five and six hour day in golf, and she's definitely calling asking.
Speaker 2: Where you're at.
Speaker 3: So if I can just go have a nice two hour day with her, oh man, I get to do whatever I want.
Speaker 1: So basically, Mookie's a nice guy. What he was telling us is skinny fat people like me can play pickleball.
Speaker 2: Yes, that is exactly what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: But make sure you move and do a little Southern before you go play, or you're gonna tear something up.
Speaker 1: All right, good good PSA from Mookie Betts. When it comes to pickleball, when you get off the baseball field, how much I'm sure are you thinking about pickleball? Is that your new obsession?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Pretty much.
Speaker 3: I mean, once I leave the baseball, but I still, you know, doing a lot of thinking about baseball and whatnot.
Speaker 2: So that never really goes away.
Speaker 3: But in between, like when I just have over obsessed already, I've watched my video, I've done everything I need to do. Then I'll go hit the ball to kind of kind of clear my mind a little bit and spend time with the wife. You know, even if it's twenty thirty minutes she wants to just ding back and forth or whatever.
Speaker 2: It's just something that's that's good.
Speaker 3: That's a good quality time and good good brain clearer for me.
Speaker 2: Smokie.
Speaker 1: You also have a great podcast that's going on right now. Have you ever thought about going into like Big Boys neighborhood and maybe taking down some some hip hop and maybe taking over the LA airwaves in that fashion?
Speaker 3: I haven't, but maybe maybe, you know, that's a lot, that's a lot, that's something different.
Speaker 2: But I don't know. I may if I can get on.
Speaker 3: One of one of somebody show like that, I feel like I've accomplished accomplished.
Speaker 2: Something, So maybe one day we'll see.
Speaker 1: All Right, I'm putting you on the spot. You've interviewed a lot of your peers on your podcast. Is there something or someone that you really enjoyed interviewing that you felt like you learned something more about them that you had no idea.
Speaker 2: Oh man, there was a.
Speaker 1: Lot of guys.
Speaker 3: I've had so many I've had I've had a lot of guys on there.
Speaker 1: Who Key's brought out a lot of boring white guys personality on the podcast.
Speaker 3: That's it's hard to really say. I would say Trout, Trout saying he loves chasing storms. That that that's that's the thing. And then Gunner today, I had a podcast with Gunner and he is a big Lego guy, Lego lego he he he. He likes to build Lego sets, and so you know how you hear about it, but you don't really know like we do it, you know, And.
Speaker 2: So it's cool. I mean we do. We're normal people, just like everyone else.
Speaker 3: And so Gunner is just someone that I would have never pegged like legos, and so now I do.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: I know, people open up to Mookie Betts because he's a good person and very inclusive and welcoming. But if you see him on the pickleball court, watch.
Speaker 2: Out, watch out. I got some fire on the pickleball court. Is there some fire in there?
Speaker 3: I don't know why or where it comes from, but is it there? And I'm not saying sorry If I hit you guys, I'm not saying sorry.
Speaker 2: Fair warning. Thanks Mookie.
Speaker 1: I'll see on the pickleball court somewhere in La just sir,