Speaker 1: You are listening to Video Games to the Max. Hello, and welcome to another edition of Video Games to the Max. Is this episode four hundred and twelve. I am your host Sean Germer, who with me is wow. First time a few weeks. Mark Morrison is back. Yep, glad to have you back, and we will be talking about games column twenty twenty four, like our best games that we saw announcements for some news coming out of that. Of course, you know Mark wasn't here for three weeks. We didn't. We this couldn't have happened aforehand. But poor Mark has to come back to talking about Xbox and the third party stuff again. We'll get to that with the one more thing being an Indiana Jones release date reveal. I don't know if that's good or bad that that's how low we've got out into one more thing being in reveal for a release date on another console. We'll talk about Black with Wukong, the waves that game has been making, and some other stuff as well. So let's get strapped in and ready for talking about all that stuff, all right, So yes, just let's go ahead and get this out of the way here. This is your first time watching live or listening later on podcasts or watching later on YouTube on demand. We do appreciate you. We do the show around this time, five thirty six o'clock, a little bit earlier sometimes depending on whose own, but this is the usually the day we do it is at least on Mondays in the afternoon, So if you want to watch live, you can tune in on YouTube, W two network, Facebook, W two Network, or even on Twitch Nework over there. You can always watch on the Man whenever you want. If you subscribe to the channel, you can get you know, press that bell, do all that stuff, get the notifications for whenever we do a show. And not only do you get what we do here with the video games stuff, if you like other things like anime entertainment that stuff, we have shows for that as well. So on the anime side, you can go watch with Talking Cafe. They review everything has to do with anime Man. They review all the new stuff every season they're talking about it. I mean, not every freaking show, there's way too many, but they review all the ones they like and they do awards at the end of the end of those show those seasons, so definitely worth checking out. And then on the movies TV side the Riolets you're broadcasting, people are always doing something big. They disreviewed the Alien Romulus movie, so you can definitely go check out their thoughts on that. They did the Accolade show as well, that unfortunately has been not been renewed for a season two, but hey, you can check out their thoughts on that, and of course you're can always listen on podcasts later. I just you know, go search any of those shows individually, video games to the max but that you're broadcasting, or tak with Cafe and find him on the pods of your choice. So with that out of the way, Mark, how's your your time away?
Speaker 2: And here it was hellish? So I'm going on back home.
Speaker 1: Well that's good.
Speaker 2: All I had this for seeing. It was a tablet that you know you can't really do much on.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm guessing you didn't take your laptop, but you didn't think you were going to be there that long, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I thought it was going to be there for four days, not fourteen, So right, lesson learn take a laptop next time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for sure, Mark's also seen Deadpool Wolverine, so I'll finally get to talk about that with him. Maybe at the end of the episode. But did you watch anything from games Colm Opening Night Live.
Speaker 2: Or what's the first one? The main show?
Speaker 1: The main show?
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, sign I thought the girl was pretty bad. Uh, the you know, the co host they can never go ho. I don't know why. I mean, there are obviously hosts that exist or that exist. It's like, why can't you just tire one of those people?
Speaker 1: Like Oh, I mean, I think he just tries to get different people, you know, So it's not I mean, he could easily just probably get Sidney Goodman or one of the Andrew Rene or anybody, and one of the ones that he's had on there doing the pre show before. Even Kyle Boston did the pre show this year for games Com. You know, he could get any of those people. But I think he tries to give somebody else a chance because they're in the streamer community, which draws other eyes. I kind of get it, you know, but like you said, it doesn't always work.
Speaker 2: Out, right. I guess, uh, yeah, that doesn't you know. Okay, And I was saying, I mean a lot of the chefs didn't hit well for me. Uh, but yeah, what do you think?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Same here. I don't think that this was Look, let's be honest, Games Calm, Opening Night Live is in the third tier when it comes to the kili things, right, Game Awards is number one, and then Summer Game Fests it's kind of right up there because it's you know, replaced the E three, even though this kind of feels more like what E three used to be because you have like everybody going and all that kind of stuff. But and you have the show floor stuff afterwards as well, right, But as far as the actual like thing, this is kind of like the kickoff to that. And yes, a lot of the stuff that is in here is kind of the bigger stuff that gets announced during that. This the whole three or four days, I think, once you find out that people have to like pay to be included in here, it's not it doesn't feel as curated as maybe Game Awards or the Summer Game Fest stuff does. And it definitely does feel like, Okay, you got some you got some decent stuff in here, but you got some things in here where it's just kind of like all right, you know, just kind of feels like an ad.
Speaker 2: And yeah, I thought that that Dune game look pretty bad. Yeah, personally, especially like when they broke out like the whole base thing, I'm like, okay, like this is very complicated and not great. And it was funny because I watched that Lost Records Bloom and Rage trailer, yes, and like this was before like the title card or whatever. But I was like, what is it? What does Life of Stranger can knock off? And then I was like, oh, okay, it don't not making it, but yeah, do.
Speaker 1: Not making their closest thing I think they've made to Life is Strange.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they don't.
Speaker 1: They don't work with the IP, so.
Speaker 2: Right since they can't make anything with it, so I mean.
Speaker 1: They we have a new Life is Strange coming out pretty soon, so I guess we'll see now that you know, don'tnut it's not working on it, even though was Dick deck Nines made other Life of Strange games at this point too, so it's not you know, like their first one. Anything that you did like from the show that stood out to you.
Speaker 2: I'm kind of curious about that secret level thing that TV show. Yeah, show what you're gonna do with that?
Speaker 1: Uh yeah? Got some big uh some kind of big names. And there's Sony shows that I mean, cradles got of Wars getting its own show one Amazon, so that kind of makes sense that you have cradles in there, but it's supposed to be like a kind of like a mixture of different Sony properties. And they also got Concord separately, which I don't know if I would have made a big deal about Concord.
Speaker 2: It's a big hit of the year, very.
Speaker 1: Unfortunate for those devs working on that game for eight years and for at the bomb like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but uh but yeah, everything else seemed fine, I guess.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I was interested in the Secret Level show, you know, made by the you know, Leve War Robots that it kind of feels like their take on video games with that, which I like that the I watched the first season, I haven't watched the second one, and I liked it well enough, so looking to kind of what they're gonna do with that with games should be pretty good. Yeah, one that drawa drew my attention because I really liked Little Nightmares and Little Nimers three did show up in here, But of course that's not the original dev team that's making it. That's like now a kind of a dev team that helped Tarshier Studios on The Nightmares two and they've kind of taken that over for Van dy Namco now and aw Tarsher went and they're now a Embracer studio and they're making their own game called Reanimal. Definitely looks a lot like Little Nightmare, so you can see that the whole influence. Is there a lot of the same kind of art style whatever. But hey, I'm down for another one of those existing It looked really good to me. I don't know if that's your You.
Speaker 2: Don't want to talk about Borderlands four.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean it's Borderlands. I mean we really didn't get anything about the game other than hey, look as Borderlands be excited about it. We thought we were gonna have this amazing movie that it was gonna be hyped about, and that wasn't good.
Speaker 2: So you know, no, I didn't. I never found it'd be good.
Speaker 1: No, not us, I'm talking about them. I'm sure Randy Pritcher probably thought, oh, yeah, this is a great like one two punch, We're gonna get a big time selling Borderlands movie and then we're gonna get this announcement of Borderlands four and it's gonna be hyped out of the moon. And no, it didn't happen, like, yeah, I mean it was. It was definitely the biggest announcement of of course, I p wise probably from like the first half of that show. I guess you could argue also like the Batman Arkham Shadow game, but that's also being VR kind of I.
Speaker 2: Was bad actually thought like that looked.
Speaker 1: Interesting to me. I just hate that it's in VR. I don't want to go buy a medic Quest three for that, Like, I like, I like that, you know. The the one that they had at the beginning of was a PSVR one with the Batman where you just kind of uh like, do Batman stuff inside his where he lives or whatever. And then this one kind of like actually that you play as Batman, do the whole as if you're playing one of the games.
Speaker 2: Right. The first one I think was more of a detective game or more right exactly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Hey, they showed more of that dragon Ball Sparking zero, so you know.
Speaker 2: They're like, we have a secret character, and it's like what the eighties first version of Goku, right, yeah.
Speaker 1: So okay, we've got to have another another version of Goku there. That's uh uh for sure. On that you weren't excited about the Dying Light the Beast.
Speaker 3: You I don really like Dying Like too that much, Okay, but yeah, the whole thing is being a DLC that got expanded thing always kind of worries me because either turns out really decent or it turns out kind of eh, So I don't know.
Speaker 1: Hopefully it's more on the decent to good side. Yeah, but we'll see on that more Monster Hunter Wild which that continues to look good. I know you're a big fan of Worlds.
Speaker 2: So yeah, but I haven't. I don't. I haven't liked any of the other ones, so.
Speaker 1: But this one was definitely modeled after World so you'll probably like it.
Speaker 2: More than I don't know. That's pretty good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that one got a big blowout between there, and then also the Future Games Show kind of revolved the Big Time around it as well. Uh So, I mean that's good for free access to kind of give that game. It's it's a big one.
Speaker 2: It needs to be a mid guar city though.
Speaker 1: I mean, I would buy it if they.
Speaker 2: Build the mid guard plate, you know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, if they they put that in his dlcink, they could get a lot of people in there for that. Yeah, it would be interesting if they could make a deal with that, but I don't think so.
Speaker 1: Uh what do you think of seeing Peter Muliniu again with this Masters of Albion.
Speaker 2: I had to talk with Gens about it kind of because it's like, I don't like his games personally. The onely game I've ever liked from him was Table three. Okay, that's when everyone else hates or that, you know, right, I mean Gens correctly said, like everyone, you know, Fable one and two are like the better games. I was like, yeah, but I didn't like him, so they're you know, and I really didn't like his other work or you know, I guess I haven't played much of it, but yeah, he seems increasingly like a con artist. Ah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, definitely got the griffs going on there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that Master Albion one looks like, you know, Fable smashed with black and white. Yeah.
Speaker 1: With the games.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, especially with the hand you can pick up your you know, your citizens and throw them around or do whatever you want. I'm like, yep, I see what you're doing with this. I mean, hey, if it's an actual game, good on them. But we'll see what screwball thing he tries to do with it.
Speaker 1: Just yeah, it's interesting that he said it's kind of in the Fable universe but not. And then he's like, well, technically they can't trademark Albion because it's an old city in the UK or whatever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well that's like but the yeah, the Great Britain is like known or one of the other names for it.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So I was like, well, I mean I just wouldn't go around being like, oh, yeah, it's part of Fable because then Macrosoft could technically go after you. So I would kind of shut up about that, let the game come out, and then if you want to talk about it, do it.
Speaker 2: Yea.
Speaker 1: But you know, I don't know if they necessarily once you associated with.
Speaker 2: He's just trying to get Microsoft to buy it from him.
Speaker 1: It probably be like, hey, coming off for me some of that game pass money or whatever, and see if that hits it for you. Another game that I'm sort of interested in as well from that, probably the last one. I think that it's a Mafia the Old Country. I like the Mafia games. So the fact that this is kind of at least they're hinting that they're going back to Italy and that there's another Mafia game. I'm down for that. So awesome to see that it is existing and happening. Everything else was kind of like, Okay, we know it exists. Cool that it got another trailer, like a lot of the Microsoft stuff. Microsoft came out big on this thing. They had all three days, so showing off games now you can kind of see why they're not going to be a Tokyo game show because they elected to basically just blow out everything here at games Come. It kind of makes no sense for them to show up in a month or two again in Japan, where they don't really have a big presence, and I don't think they have anything big to show outside of the fact that they have that marketing deal with Atlas for the I can't think of the name right now. Yeah the metaphor Refantasio. Yeah yeah, so yeah. Look, it was a decent show. At least Scheff didn't talk the whole time, which is good, and it felt like there wasn't as many ads, but again, this is because games Com pays for this thing, and yeah, so it's not it doesn't feel like, oh, we're just running twenty minutes of ads. But yeah, cool. The rest of us. I mean, it's kind of like E three, you can go take your pick on stuff that you find on the that they showed up on the short floor that you liked. I didn't get to watch too much of other stuff because just it's like way too time consuming, and you know, after a while it kind of starts just running into like it feels like, starts feeling all the same after will yep. So the the kind of the biggest news out of this whole thing, which I know is not your favorite thing to talk about, Mark, is Microsoft basically on getting closer and closer to basically ripping off the band aid and just saying, hey, we're going to be third party. We're not going to ever tell you straight up that we are, but we are. And nothing was more prevalent than what they did here. As the one more thing for that Opening Night Live was indianed Doones in the Great Circle finally gets the release dated December ninth, which damn, lots of games are starting to come out in December now. For some reason, we all got to wait till the end to do the Game of the Year stuff. And then not only that, but oh we have one more thing and it's the fact that there's a PS five release state already. The game hasn't even come out yet, and already you know that about three months or so, four months at the most, there's gonna be a PS five version yep. And then of course Phil had to go on. He had an interview with sarahbon where he this is with the Xbox on team, and he was basically asked the question about what do you what are we supposed to make of the Indiana Jones announcement that close.
Speaker 2: To Yeah, still doesn't know those answers.
Speaker 1: Right, I mean, he knows those answers, but I mean he's gonna give the answer that he wants to give basically. So here's what he said. Going to the PlayStation announcement. You know they announced that stuff about the four games going to the other consoles. H And he said, when he sees what happened after that, they said they were gonna learn and all this, that he sees that the franchises are getting stronger. The Xbox console players this year or as high as they've ever been. So I look at it and say, our player numbers are going up for the console platform. Our franchises are strong as they've ever been, and we run a business, and he added, this is really the first time I feel like he's ever really talked about including Microsoft in this where it definitely feels like he's kind of just pretty much saying, listen, we now have to answer to people. We don't just get to be Xbox and be on the side over here. It's definitely true inside of Microsoft that the bar is high for us in terms of delivery, that we have to give back to the company because we get a level of support from the company that is just amazing what we're able to go do. So I look at this, how can we make our games as strong as possible and ensure that our platform He used to grow both on console, PC and cloud, and I think it's gonna be a struty that works for us. He once again mentions later that the business is changing, uh, and that we're going to see this happen, and then you know, people should expect changes and all this stuff. So he kind of at the end tries to turn it into we're not going to be the only one that does this. By the way, you're gonna start seeing this happen. Technically, I guess you could say that so many has done it now with the Horizon Lego game putting it on SWITCH, but I don't think that's the same. And they put you know, they're putting a bunch of their games on PC until don remake is coming out day and day PC. The Concord just came out on PC.
Speaker 2: God of War rack in roccas according to Steam Charts.
Speaker 1: Well, it did, but are people playing it? That's two different things, right, And you know, is God of What Random Box coming out off PC? Obviously that's a delayed thing as they said they were going to do. So is he wrong in that? Yes, Sony is obviously feeling the hurt from they're paying too much to make their games and they're having to put some of them on PC. But they're not doing it like this. The way Microsoft is doing it is just basically like they've admitted that their console does not sell as well as they is it should you can blame whatever you want to blame on it, and that they need money from the other things. They also got to pay off this big debt from the Activision acquisition, and and be does the acquisition and all that stuff. He mentions that as well. So at this point and then they also announced three other xboxes at this thing, an All Digital Series X, another Series S, and I forgot what the other one is, yeah, White Series X.
Speaker 2: Okay, oh, the two Terrorbyte.
Speaker 1: Series X, which costs six hundred dollars, which that makes sense. It's another whole terrorbide of swordge Uh. That's basically what they do. They charge you one hundred dollars per terror by the storage that they put in these things. Whether it's correct or not, that's just what they do. So I'm pretty sure the ps prive pro I would be very surprised. PSI pro is less than five point fifty honestly. But we'll see supposedly Tokyo Game shows when they might announce that thing. Of course, they've been saying that for a while every time we get to a certain point, Oh, it should be announced by now, and they don't announce it. So I would guess to the last time.
Speaker 2: I no longer believe any hardware rumors at this point.
Speaker 1: Well, we know that we know the Nintendo's coming. It's just whenever the heck Nintendo feels like actually announced it.
Speaker 2: That's an inevitability. But yeah, I remember that all the switch pro rumors.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, but we know the PS five pro is in development, they just and they've cut I think Sony has officially said there is a PSI Pro. They just don't. They've never actually said we're going to announce it on this day or whatever. But honestly, I feel like I kind of get what Phil's doing here, right. He can't he can't fully go listen, all of the stuff is gonna show up on PlayStation because then nobody will buy their next box, right, and they're gonna make a next box. They already said they were, they were already in development on it. I'm sure that's costing them millions, you know, to to be doing R and D four and all that stuff. But I've seen a lot of articles come out now that say that we needed, we did we deserve, or we should be getting a timeline from Microsoft of when these games are going to be coming to other systems, and and that they need to just kind of embrace the whole We're not third party, but we are going to release our more of our things on PlayStation. Do you kind of go that route of do you just brand it off?
Speaker 2: I mean a time, I mean I want them to personally, but I think like a timeline idea is also a bad idea because they say, like, hey, every Xbox game six months and I was gonna be in PS five. It's like, well, no one's gonna buy an Xbox game period, or you know, an Xbox after that. Uh So they kind of have to play Coyle a little with some of this stuff. I saw the rumor that like Halo went to come to PS five, which is hysterical.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for for Horizon five was a big rumor as well.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't mind that because the PC versions kind of busted. H So I'd probably did that. But I think I think Halo came to PS five, that's it for Xbox as like a viable alter you know, console or you know, then it's just gonna be so many versus Nintendo. It's like, who's ever gonna buy this again?
Speaker 1: It's interesting because like they have that thing with Gears uh et d. Right of technically that's a Microsoft big time property, Like are you also releasing that in four months on PlayStation as well? Are you going to keep that one longer in the vest because they don't have access to the other Gears games, Like that's the thing, is this one you can kind of say, well, technically, it's not our decision, right, and to an extent, yes, it's not their decision. Disney could have come and said, listen, we don't care about how much money you paid to make it exclusive. We'll give you a certain window and then you're gonna have to put it on PlayStation five or on the other console because we need the most sales as possible.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that MLB game or you know the show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, could it have always been that there was only a four or five month exclusivity window and Xbox just kind of did this because I guess it doesn't matter, right, it's not their game. It's weird, right, It is weird because it's an Xbox studio making it, and it's going to show up not day and day, but it's going to show up pretty quickly, and even before you don't even you didn't even let it release on Xbox and then kind of be out there and then say, oh, hey, it's also coming to PS five. You did it before it even came out, So like now people have the option to wait, nobody's buying an Xbox, Nobody's they may not even I mean, I guess it doesn't matter if somebody subscribes the game pass for a month and plays it, and then if they want to buy it on the PS five they can. I guess that's a win from Microsoft too. But I don't know, do you think that their hand was forced here or did they just go ahead and do it because they don't think that it's going to matter too much.
Speaker 2: I think it does matter to them quite a bit. But I think it's a problem of they haven't been good stewards of their franchises over the past ten years, so they're kind of you know, it's there all it's it's a problem with their own making. And I'm sure the sales haven't necessarily been there either. I mean, what was it, like Xbox is down thirty sent this year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like their conference are like down yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: And it's okay, I mean you can you can. Both consoles are comparable power wise. I mean, but you have to look at like Xbox's overall output, and you know, I think their problem is they exactly over paid for Activision. Well they didn't overpay, but they gotta have such an activision and it's like, yo, you have existing I that you fucked up, So why are you trying to go after this? You know, all these companies and you're not gonna I mean, all you're gonna care about is Call of Duty anyway.
Speaker 1: So yeah, they're basically just trying to kind of be the ones that now we get the money from, well the Warcraft, candy Crush, Call of Duty and then whatever else it is that they had, Diablo, whatever else that they happen to make, right, which in a way I guess makes sense. Right, that's the biggest publisher in America, perhaps globally even.
Speaker 2: I mean, I don't fault them for going after Activision, Like it's a good it's a theoretically good idea, but like they're you know, they're going after it because their own franchises. They're not bad franchises, but they've led to bad outcomes. Like the only franchise that's like viable is Forza.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And it's like, yo, you had you know, Gears and Halo, and look what happened to those, Like Gears kind of fell away and people are supremely unhappy with Halo.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I started to come back a little bit, but again it's like one of those where it's too little, too late. You made the first impression, and then now it's just kind of like, okay, great, it's like the same thing as some other live service games where it's like, oh, great, you're still existing, but we no longer care whether you're still existing or not because you kind of screwed it up the first time. You know, my issue has always been they don't do it, and you know, even the European market came out and said that they don't. They're not given this huge amount of money on marketing, which is weird for somebody to come out and say, but I do think that they've done a really bad job of marketing game Pass. There are so many people that have no idea that thing exists, Like seriously, talking to my no, I'm just saying from a general, non hardcore gamer person. I was talking to my trainer the other day. He plays games. He had no idea about game Pass and that all he had to do was subscribe and he could play it wherever, even on his phone.
Speaker 2: Or does he have an Xbox.
Speaker 1: No, but you don't need an Xbox, that's the point.
Speaker 2: No, But it's it's still an intrinsic thing. Like you know, I would never get a game pass because I don't give a shit about playing games on a phone.
Speaker 1: Well, what you can play on your PC, you could play it on another thing, you could play it on you don't. But I'm just saying, you know, in a Okay, I don't have an Xbox, but I mean you have an Xbox one.
Speaker 2: You could see no one, No one is going to play like your trainer example. It's like you're not going to tell someone, hey, get game passed to play in a PC because a they wouldn't have a PC at all, or if they did, it'd be some Chromebook or something, they probably couldn't run the damn thing anyway. Like you need like that hardcore. You need a modicum of the hardcore mindset to get like to be interested in game pass.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because he has he has a switch and a PS five or whatever. You know. His thing was said. I think it was it was a Call of Duty, right, he was playing Call of Duty with a friend and I just kind of mentioned game pass. And then there was some other I can't e with some I think we were talking about Halo and I said, oh, you know there's a game pass.
Speaker 2: But right, yeah, but that's a that's a very bad proposition. For him, because it's like, why would I pay you know, twenty five for fifteen bucks a month for twelve months. I could just buy the game for seventy bucks and have it for the rest of the year.
Speaker 1: No, I get it. I'm just saying in general, I feel like to the people outside of.
Speaker 2: I have I have the mindset that everyone who has an Xbox already has game Pass.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well, I mean now they do, right, because if you had gold before they transferred you over.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I mean that it can't be an infinitely growing thing.
Speaker 1: No, no, it can't. But that that's also why this whole idea about the console is going to go away is not going to happen because they need the console in order for game Pass toward right, going on their own game Pass, have it on the console, not on something else.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly like them going, I always put game Pass on the firestick four K or whatever. It's like, okay, yeah, I'd like to see a breakdown of users from each you know, Samsung TVs PC, con So and fire Stakes, Like, what's the breakdown going to be? Well?
Speaker 1: Yeah, but even the the thing is you have to be somebody that's a total casual gamer. That doesn't play something like Call of Duty because even when you compare it to like the TV app, the firestick is so much slower at doing everything. So that's the problem is and I think that's you know, I don't know if if Microsoft's ever going to come out with their own at their own thing that they're just going to release themselves that's called Microsoft, it's called Xbox, or they're just going to keep partnering with all these people, uh you know, different TV companies that eventually get it growing that way, but that it's not it's not great the options that you have if you don't own uh PC or have a device that runs cloud well, you know, so that that thing about you don't have to have a box is true, but are you really giving people the best experience with the I don't have to have a box thing either? So no, I think the technology is nowhere near there at least for this next generation. Now after that generation, who knows what consoles are going to be doing at that point, after the sinction, But for this generation coming, there's at least going to be a box because there's not enough technology around for cloud gaming to work for everybody, for even PC gaming to where even though it feels like a lot more people are buying PCs now than in the past, it feels like every time I turn around, somebody's going, oh, I'm just gonna buy a PC.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I guess Microsoft wins that way too, because you know Windows and all that jump my I think my thought of this, and I don't know that this is kind of what I look at it as. I feel like Microsoft just looks at the Xbox now as another product that they make, just like their surface tablets they're or whatever laptop or other thing that they make. We're not the market leader there, but we don't care because you're buying our products. So as long as you buy our games, whether that's call of duty avowed whatever, Indiana Jones, we don't care. As long as you're buying our products, and the box is just the thing that you're gonna use to play those games on, and we don't care whether you buy that box or not either. And as long as you keep buying those games, we'll make enough money to keep making your box that you want. I don't know. That was the only conclusion I could think of that this makes sense for them, is that they think that they'll sell it, just like they do with every other thing. Microsoft is mainly a software maker that they will make enough money off software that they can take the loss on the hardware.
Speaker 2: I think that can happen. They have to have good software, no, or let's just say it's been shaky.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I think Indiana Jones is going to be good. I think A Vowed is going to be good. Is it going to be a amazing No? Probably not. Uh. I think that's the problem is that everybody wants every game that they make now to be amazing, and Starfield was supposed to be the first amazing one and it wasn't that.
Speaker 2: I mean, aside from four, I'm going to discount Forest out of this equation because that's always you know, decently good. What's their what's their last big Triple A game that was like legitimately great?
Speaker 1: Was the last like geh, Probably the Gears four was the last one that I remember getting universally praised like that at you know, bonkers.
Speaker 2: If you're saying Gears four that was you know, eight years ago.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because like all the Bethesda stuff was before they bought be doesA, so that doesn't really count. And Death Loop was Death Loop was wonderfully praised, but that was Bethesda before they bought be does the two, right, So since they bought Bethesda, if we're gonna start there, because that's basically when Microsoft really changed. I can't really think of like this game that everybody goes, oh my god, you have to play this outside of like small stuff like Penson wonderfully loved High Fire Rush again, but it's not something that's gonna sell your console. It's it's wonderfully loved by all of us hardcore gamers.
Speaker 2: But right, you know, I mean that's like the biggest problem is they need five to ten hits. They need like they need a Halo Infinite to like actually be good and hit as hard as Halo three did, and that didn't happen.
Speaker 1: And I think they see that. I mean again, Indiana Jones is probably out of there. It's they weren't just the one. They weren't the only ones that have a say in that. Again, Disney can have a say and tell you, look, this is what you agreed on. We're going to shorten this window or it was always six months, and then that's it. It goes to PlayStation after that whatever that is. I don't think Indiana Jones is going to be that critical hit either. It looks pretty good. Honestly, you know, the more I see of it, the more I'm interested in playing it. But again, I don't have to. I can just put it on. I can. I already have game Pass. I can just put it on. Try it there if I don't like a big deal. But I don't think there's anything like coming down the line that makes me go because you know, a valve got delayed again. Again. It looks good, but I you know, I think they're delaying it because they know it's not something that's gonna sell consoles or whatever. It's just a game that that's gonna be on. It's great for game Pass, right, It's a thing that you can put on the thing for game pass. As hell, here's another one of our really great games, you know, really good games that you can enjoy. Even Tower Bourne is gonna go on Steam Early Access first. It's not even gonna go on the game preview thing, which is weird, but I understand because Steam Early Access is like more tried and true. We saw what happened with Power World where it took them. I think it was like it took three weeks for them to make one paths for the game preview, whereas they could do it instantly with Steam. So they feel like it's not ready for such a big audience. Like that was what the developers, So this is why Microsoft is letting them do it after that Clockwork revolution. We kind of don't know enough about what that is, like maybe stated the K three, Maybe Gears of Gears, Uh you know that that game. Aside from that, I really Fable Gable could.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well so so many of those still are like unknowns, Like you know, Perfect Dark for example, It's like, yeah, okay, that trail looked kind of cool, but like when is that thing coming out?
Speaker 1: Oh, that thing's probably that thing is farther away. I wouldn't be surprised they said, what Fable is twenty twenty five? Uh for sure, avowed twenty five.
Speaker 2: That goes back to my point though. They're bad stewards of even their existing franchise, So yeah.
Speaker 1: They just that. And that's another thing too, is like you said, it's not just bad stewards, it's how many years during the not only Xbox One, but even the beginning of this generation did they just have nothing come out like, so you're paying for game Pass to have third party games and indie games. And again, that's cool for somebody like me that we're playing games because we have things to talk about on the podcast or reviewing games or whatever. But the you know, casual gamer out there looks the game faster goes. What am I supposed to do with this? There's not really anything new for me to play. I don't really care about these older games, or I may have played them already or whatever, so there's nothing there for them to to really necessitate them buying that. So, you know, Xbox, as you said, they led themselves here, and then when they started buying publishers and especially buy one as big as Athvisial Lizard, Microsoft starts paying attention. You got to start making and Microsoft says, hey, yo, And I think this is where Xbox kind of hurts itself too. Phil keeps being the public face of everything, Sarah Bond as well, and then they end up talking in circles, saying one thing and then going around and saying something else, and then going to the next interview and saying something else and now fill this like a liar yep, so not helping yourself there. I don't think Xbox's strategy is wrong necessarily. I think they might be right in a way. I think we are going to start seeing Nintendo might start giving out their IP to other people to make those games come out faster. Maybe especially switch To is as big a assess as the Switch one was. Tony's albody putting stuff on PC. They might do a little bit more with switch To, especially again at switch to is the big money maker that everybody thinks. It's going to be a lot of rumors going around right now. Tom Henderson said it that it game's come a lot of people talking about possibly a Sony if not also Microsoft handheld happening. That's not the portal. That's probably more akin to like a PSB or a PSBTA. What do you think about So do you think that that would help those two companies if say they came out with their own version of the switch.
Speaker 2: I mean, Tony already has that stupid portal thing.
Speaker 1: Right, but that's not a switch. That is a you can only go in your house, have to connect it to the PS five and hopefully it works for you.
Speaker 2: It would depend highly on if it could run Steam games. That's probably the number one thing. Yeah, and then how much of a degradation would like running gotta will Ragnaroki in that thing? Or I mean how compressed can they make it? You know? Yeah?
Speaker 1: And just to get to the last thing on this is the other big kind of thing people have talked about that would help Xbox, especially with their new box, is what if they made it like a PC completely a PC. It's open to everything. You can play Steam games on it. It's basically like you can use it as a Steam Box or whatever. Do you think that that would perhaps kind of like the Steam Deck. It hasn't sold a gazillion cop you know, units, but it sells decently enough. And then Steam and val keeps doing what they do. Do you think that helps Xbox? I say, they just open it up to let you play everything.
Speaker 2: Now because I'm allowed to play Xbox games.
Speaker 1: Right, But okay, if I can use my Steam library and I can just use an Xbox and I don't have to have like the big picture mode, I don't have to go buy a Steam Deck. I just have my Xbox and I get to use it as the thing that I put on my TV.
Speaker 2: But then why you why would you pay for game pass then either no, yeah, a regular person, not you specifically, but like I mean, if it's a choice between like an Xbox or you know, a home PC, the home PC is more technically burdensome, or you know, most people have people to figure it out. If it doesn't down enough for people to understand Steam, but then once to get into the Steam they well, I would ever go back to Xbox again.
Speaker 1: Right, No, you're right about that. Yeah, I mean I'm seeing people play, uh because right now you can do the g force now thing on it where you bought the game on Steam. If people are playing Black Best Wukong on the Xbox through the g fource now thing, right, so, I guess they just want a portal to where you can just directly play your Steam games to do there.
Speaker 2: Besides, if you're gonna, if're gonna talk about that, you need to bring up the Infinium Labs Phantom console.
Speaker 1: Yeah. But we'll, uh, we'll see how this progresses. I'm sure we will get more stuff with Xbox before we even get to Indiana Jones coming out, still a lot of months to come. Who knows that we do get that timeline at some point. But moving on from that to talk about Blackman for a second, Black with Lukong is doing so in China that is selling out PS fives and also had Ha sold till million copies, which is a ridiculous amount, even more than I think the record was a Scarlet and Violet for the switch with how fast this thing sold in three days. Obviously when you look at the Steam numbers, most of that is in China and then the rest of the world is like a much much smaller number. What like, do you have any interest in this game? Number one? And the number two? Like what do you make of this? Do you think this is a huge deal?
Speaker 2: Like, well, a, it's a Chinese game, so it's going in China, not exactly a huge prize, right, And.
Speaker 1: It feels like it went over to like being not just gamers, right, you got people that aren't necessary, like the casuals in China bought this thing. I think they gave a lot of people the day off in China as well to be able to kind of experience this. It wasn't just they made it a big deal. They made it a big deal.
Speaker 2: They gotta support the party somehow, So yeah, I mean I have no I guess it looks okay, No, I wouldn't like turn it down if I got it, but I'm not going like a World red shut and buy it. I've already played Dragon Balls, I know how the story ends.
Speaker 1: Right for me, It's one of those I'll definitely like look at it on a sale because it's not a soul's game. It's a more of an action game. I like those. It's not something I'm going to go run out and pay sixty bucks for right now, right so, especially because it runs like absolute crap on the PS five Apparently.
Speaker 2: In what we played, I got a good game for that.
Speaker 1: Also, like that's the thing too, right is again PC is winning here because it's running it's almost like Cyberpunk. It's running really well or decently enough on PC, and then on pscy it's running badly, not even not even in like quality mode. It's running well. I think it has like three modes and either any of them are running that great. But even despite that, it's selling p S fives well enough.
Speaker 2: Yeah to buy PS five than to buy a console and the mean to buy a computer. Yeah, And again it's it's technical hiccups of you know, like you don't know a computer that well.
Speaker 1: Right, I do think this bodes well for other Chinese devs. Is it Phantom Blades coming out also this year? That looks good. That's more of a souls like I think than this game is. But hey, that's good. That's good for the market. China is trying to, you know, be a big player in this market. Aside from just being like, oh, we own publishers and stuff with and and and dev studios like Tencent, we want to be able to make our own games and kind of do like what we were seeing Korea do, South Korea do, and uh, kind of start making a name for themselves in it not just be Japan kind of ruling all of Asia. So I'm down with that. I think that that's good for a black and ukon. Look, understandably, there are some issues with the game, and they did, you know, Randy and I talked about last week, the whole thing that they sent out to influencers about don't talk about this, we'll talk about that kind of thing. And I think the game is getting a bit over hyped. Seems to be like it's it's not the you know, next great amazing game. It's also some people be like, oh if this wasn't win Game of the Year, then everything's kind of rigged and it's like, okay, then we're getting a little bit too far here with that.
Speaker 2: But yeah, it has an average Yeah exactly.
Speaker 1: But speaking of a game that I think a lot of people had high hopes for and did not do that well, at least from early reviews. It has not come out in early access yet. That's going to be tomorrow, But I'm going to say these Star Wars Outlaws reviews have made it to where I don't think I'm going to spend the eighteen bucks for you Soft plus.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I was kind of very excited for this, and it it's like, Okay, this seems like it's an okay game. It's not even a great game.
Speaker 2: A lot of the sevens, yeah, sevens and eights, I mean, well, and.
Speaker 1: Then I'm seeing a lot of people, just individual people writing it even lower, so that's not good either. Yeah. I don't I don't know what were your I know you said you weren't necessarily it's not it's your kind of game, but you weren't interested in buying it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm not interested in the Star Wars part of it. That's my problem.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: I mean, I guess it looks fine in this gameplay and stuff, but a Star Wars so.
Speaker 1: At least they didn't set it. But like you know, between three and four they said it, like between five and six, I think doesn't make it that much better, I guess, right, Like I was still kind of distinct that it's a different type of gameplay. It's not not the Jedi stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it's still I mean, yes, it's not this typical Star Wars stuff. The problem is not it's just typical pose of stuff. Yeah, that's you know, you're training one one problem over another.
Speaker 1: I've I've watched kind of funny and I've watched a few others review the game, and I've heard a lot of comparisons to Assassin's Creed one with the gameplay.
Speaker 2: Oh that's not good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it's not.
Speaker 2: It's not good.
Speaker 1: It's very heavy stealth. And then the stealth is not good because the AI is not great and it's either you fail or you just walk right by and nobody sees you. And then and the apparently the game the actual like shooting is not great either.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So it's like you're going for like the Star Wars vibes and stuff like that, but the gameplay aspect of it is not good, and that doesn't make me want to show out seventy dollars, let alone twenty. And when you have a what we expect is probably going to be a great game in Astrobot coming out in a couple of weeks, I think I'm just gonna go with that. Yeah, So if I had, if I was reviewing it, and I'm not going out and spending money on it again, like I think, like you said about Black with Lukong, I'm not gonna turn it down, but I'm not gonna go out and and I think just they spend money and look for y'all folks that are big Star Wars fans, and you are gonna spend money on or you're gonna do Gibisoft Plus basically like a thirty day trial with it, and I hope you have fun to help you enjoy it. But I was expecting, like bigger fan care too. Yeah, yeah, I was expecting, you know, it's gonna be a better game. And I think when you're getting into the fall season where there's gonna be a lot of games that we're gonna be interested in you're not gonna have as much time, and deciding what you're gonna spend your money on is important. Uh, it's not like these last three or four months where we've kind of had a lot of dead time and there's not a lot of games coming out, so you're kind of like, all right, college football s prolla me be the biggest game coming out. Anyway, if I didn't review it, I would have bought it, you know, same thing like Okay, Black with Wukong, there's really not a lot and like this that's the thing is like Star Wars is coming out, like this is the perfect time to come out because it's right before these big games start coming out, and then it just it doesn't do well and it's not good. I think, I'm sure it'll do fine because it's a Star Wars game, but I'm pretty sure you expecting a lot better scores and a lot better praise for this game than it's been getting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but at this point, so does this worry you?
Speaker 1: For Assassin's Creed Shadows.
Speaker 2: No particular that's going to get tep interviews.
Speaker 1: You think, So it's Assassin's Creed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but those are a little dicey.
Speaker 1: I mean, Vala was like beloved for the most part.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but then I also played the last one.
Speaker 1: So yeah, you didn't like Marage that much.
Speaker 2: And they typically, I mean, it'd be nice. It was good, but that franchise is son even so.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, uh, I mean, we knew about Star Wars, but Valve has been kind of like trying to be hush hushed about Deadlock, even to the extent of banning people's accounts that talked about the game very openly. Uh, you know, including the Verge that they kind of made a mockery of the whole This wasn't an actual NDA. You just kind of had to sign something that's you know, before you started playing the game that said please don't talk about it. But Deadlock is officially a six to six third person hero shooter. The game is another moment and you know, there's a lot of tempt stuff in the game right now. Of course you can go play it if you get invited with the friends and family close beta. Are you interested in this and what do you you know you think this will be good? I mean, and whilso, what's the point of it if they have Team Fortress too, Like, is there.
Speaker 2: A Team forkss too isn't six on six and they would relate to over overhaul Team Fortress too. As far as a unit like you know, abilities and stuff like that. It's probably it actually probably as easier for them to say, hey, I'm reckon something new. I thought it was extremely bad timing that they, like the day I think they announced this Concord came out or the day after or whatever. Yeah, and then see out you saw that as they overwatched too versus Battle Born thing from years ago, and it's like, well, one of these games did well and one of these games bonded horribly, but now both those games bond horribly. So yeah, I guess we'll let's see what happens. I don't know, I don't have an interest, but I'm really done at the genre. So that's kind of why.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't blame you on that. It is interesting that this is kind of coming out of a time where Okay, we have another hero game, Marble Rivals, that people kind of seem to be interested in, another game that's coming out in December, by the way, And but that's also because it has the Marvel Right characters on it, right, how much we already saw like, Okay, Concord basically took Gardens of the Galaxy, made characters, and then did overwatch of it or whatever, and then now you have Deadlock, which we assume is going to have like no known other valve.
Speaker 2: It's not like that Poker Night game where they had like, you know, the heavy and strong bead and shit like that. Like this is a good Ton of Town thing. I mean, here's the telling thing is there are currently seventy three thousand people playing that game right now, right, and it's not out, like you know, it's not you can just go install it yourself, you know.
Speaker 1: So Yeah, but that's not good. That's not bad to be in like a sort of like closed beta kind of thing for a while.
Speaker 2: No, No, that's amazing to be in that. Like it's like you know, fucking Redfall or Concord or whatever, which is they have these numbers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean they couldn't even get enough people to play it on PS plus when it was on there. Yeah, and then when Steam, if you pre ordered you got like five codes to give out the friends, and they still couldn't get more than like what two thousand people at once?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: Yeah? People just I don't necessarily think it's burnt out with the genre for everybody. I think it's just like it's too many.
Speaker 2: Well yeah, I think the problem is like not not a not enough of these people innovate.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a lot of the same and.
Speaker 2: People people are hoping are wasting that, you know that that's a new game from Valve will do something different? Does We'll see, But that's the hope anyway, because it's not like I'll watch two do anything different.
Speaker 1: Yeah, definitely not. But staying on this thing with Steam, uh, you know. Randy Pittsford obviously has had a mixed week with the Borderlands movie bombing, and then of course he got to at least save it a little bit with the announcement of Borderlands four. But he also kind of took to social media to talk about his comments that he made many years ago when Borderlands three was coming out about you know, at that time, Tina Tiny Tina and Borderlinds three were both excused to the Epic Game Store, and he was talking about how, oh, this is going to be the next big store. Steam is going to die all of that stuff. It's this is gonna be this is a big, viable competitor, and then he kind of like he kind of says that basically like Epic ship the bed on their opportunity to overtake Steam, and now it's like, well, Steam is still existing, and so you know, he believes in Steam. Now he's a Steam developer and a customer.
Speaker 2: But I mean that's because it's not like, I mean, Borderlines one and two came out on Steam. They did way better than Borderlines three. Dad.
Speaker 1: I guess my my point in this is that you know, we all we all know ific game stores. The only reason people even talk about it is because there's free games on it all the time.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: And if you have a good enough PC, I think you're going out there, you're just pressing down, You're pressing add to library on them, and then you just shut off the store. I was doing that for a while, but I just didn't even bother because.
Speaker 2: My point about this is Randy Pitchford need to shut the fuck up.
Speaker 1: Yeah. But I guess my question was to even have this on here is do you think that there's what would a store have to do to be a viable competitor to Steam? And did Epic what could have Epic have done differently if to try you know, harder or like where do they go wrong?
Speaker 2: Epic's problem is like people still I think they have Epic games on there or you know, it doesn't help that it's named after the company. H And I don't think there is a like a vibe. Like the only viable alternative to me really is a Good Old Games because they have a bunch of games on there that you can't get anywhere else, and they try to modernize them if they can, like I think, oh there's some real or alpha protocols just can't like re released on Good Old Games and that was unstained by the way I mean they delisted it, I think, but like the Good Old Games version is like more modernized and can like run like Windows eleven and has a better game pad, sport and stuff like that. Epic didn't have like the social features that even Steam had. It went like at the time, and then I think Steam is still seen as like this huge rightly, so it is this huge you know monolith because they offer good service and Epic doesn't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's security issues that were happened with Epic as well. I remember it's the beginning. I'm sure they they might have, But yeah, do you think that anybody could come along and maybe not you search Steam, but actually be a competitor, whether it's actually feels like it's a story you want to use.
Speaker 2: Or i it's it's the thing of like I mean, there are a bunch of other like you know, good Old Games or Itch EO or and then, but they all had their own special uh you know, special specialties or you know, like it is way more better for indie games and stuff like that. There isn't a way to compete. But that's not I mean people say it's a monopoly, but it's like, well, you can still get games somewhere else.
Speaker 1: I mean, yeah, Steam doesn't, see it doesn't prevent you. But you could even sell your Steam keys on other websites and buy them cheaper and then still play them on Steam. I mean right, so you knowngle you could buy them on there for a while.
Speaker 2: So people always say monopoly is bad, but it's like, well bad for I mean bad for who? Because if the consumer's happy and the developers reasonably happy, who's it bad for?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think there's like those the facto monopolies that they're a monopoly because they are the best at what they do. And then there's the Google monopoly that they you know, the court just basically said that Google paid people to make sure they were number one, not necessarily that they were the best or whatever. And then of course we know what Google is doing to SEO and basically screwing websites left and right now. So not to mention, you know that that also affects YouTube as well. You know how you're seen on YouTube. So I think, look, I think people are gonna cry abot the monopoly thing for forever. But Steam does sales. Steam does things. I mean, they're not the sales that they used to be, but I think that's more because of the developers can't really afford to put their games that low anymore because gaming is in such a different way than it is now. So I don't I don't think. You know, Randy Fisher had a point. I think back then that Steam did need a competitor, but Epic kind of screwed that themselves by not only that, but the studios they purchased. They're purchasing like big multiplayer games that need to be everywhere, like Rocket League and Fall Guys and things like that, Like you don't want to go make you try to go make those exclusive on that epig game store, but there's still every where else, so you're not you're not getting you're not driving people to the store. You're driving people. There's no reason to really have a big games for other than the free games. And then sometimes they'll do exclusives, like you know when they put Keendom Hearts on there or allen Wick two or whatever, and then it's like what happened. Ketam Mar's collection just releases on Steam not too long ago, and it was it felt like a huge deal, whereas the epic games when it was like a wet fart.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's the thing. I like to ask Grandy or an actual legitimate developer who's an epic exclusive. It's like, okay, game was an epic for a year, what were the sales like either first day or even like for the first year versus your first dance team.
Speaker 1: Like at least they you know, at least they're going to you get the whole Oh I only got to take twelve percent thing, But I mean, how much are you really getting because you don't have any not even close to the number of people that are buying.
Speaker 2: Out against even like you know game pass. So yeah, and then.
Speaker 1: You're right about that, because there's a lot of PC players are just they're different, they're just bred differently that way. Like you know, you guys are just good about I want to go buy my game, have my game on Steam. I own it now, it's in the library. I don't, you know, Steam people don't even want to go on another another store that you're not paying any more or less for it. You just want it to be on on Steam. Uh. And I think that's what makes some of those other stores work is you can also just put your game into the Steam library from there, whereas Epic you know, for the longest time because they were competing, they didn't want to do that. So I think now you can though. Right now you can put your you go, you can get it from your from your computer and at least it'll still load the the Epic games thing, but you can you can have it in the Steam library.
Speaker 2: Right maybe I don't know, as you know, so.
Speaker 1: Hyper Life Breaker has been delayed again to at sometime in twenty twenty four, which isn't great. Sucks to hear that this game gets getting delayed again. It feels like it's constantly been delayed, but you know, I'd rather it come out in early access and be good and not come out early access and you're having to spend time fixing it. So I don't know, were you interested in this because I know they made a different than the hyper Light Drifter.
Speaker 2: I didn't play the first one, so yeah, I.
Speaker 1: Like Typerlight Drifter a lot, so I was kind of always interested in this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I guess.
Speaker 1: What is that the way?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Been? And then also announced is the Atari seventy eight hundred, which you could play twenty six hundred and seventy one hundred carts. There are new games being made for this thing. There's one game that's included called Bentley Bear's Crystal Quest. It does have HDMI for modern TVs and it has a wireless game pad. I don't know why you wouldn't just put Blue two Is in it, But okay, I know you you like your retro stuff. Have you seen that? Yeah?
Speaker 2: But I got the line in Atari. I never I had one once, but I couldn't eve figure out how to TV. So I've never actually like played a Natari game or Atari system.
Speaker 1: Well, you know they have that you have that VCS thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I didn't play, you know, I think you know, I dropped, Like like with old movies, past a certain point, I'd pretty much check out unless it's like, you know, like a really big classic or something right right, aside from like Pitfall and Barnstorm, And I can't think of too many as Atari twenty six hundred games or No fifty eight hundred games.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I agree, Satari was way past my generation as well. I only played it one time because my dad had one that he never used and my grandparents still had it. I hooked it up one time and played a few games on it. I was like, Okay, this is way beyond yep. So I don't have any nosalgia for this thing.
Speaker 2: I mean, I guess it's cool for the people who do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but that's the thing this is, I don't think this is going to sell amazing. Well, this is like we're talking about old school collectors. I don't even know that Randy would go after this thing. And he likes having everything. You know, you're you're also collected too. You're saying that you wouldn't go by this either.
Speaker 2: Right, So I mean I think for collectors they have to add some nostalgia for the system, right, I guess are the collectors would just buy everything.
Speaker 1: But and then also it's like, what are you going to charge for this thing? Plus it's like one hundred Okay, I guess.
Speaker 2: That's fair, but yeah, I can charge like four.
Speaker 1: No, I mean you definitely can't, especially when, okay, you're only including one game. It's not even like you're including like a bunch of games. All this other stuff is going to be separate for you to buy, Like, yeah, I don't know, but yeah, I think that's pretty much it for the episode here, unless you have anything else you wanted to Oh, I'm sorry, the games you're playing go ahead, yep.
Speaker 2: I started playing out Shadow Ring or Shadow the Tree with the end Alden Ring. But the big one is I got Rogue. I got Robocoperroakee City on PS five. Okay, I got his account because and it was funny because when I was downloading it, he only had put like thirty minutes into it before I said, oh fuck this, yeah, oh yeah, so and he didn't like count played at all. I liked the game in theory, but if I was gonna give it a score, I would like score it two different ways i'd score, Like as a game, he'd probably be like seven or eight. On PS five, I'd scored like a four or five.
Speaker 1: Why is it that bad on a one?
Speaker 2: Yeah? It has a lot of technical problems. The big three I noticed were and this is a common thing, by the way, during cinematics, every time the camera shifts or the camera cut the actor or you know, the the NPC or whatever, character checkerboards for like a split second. Amazing, every single every single time. And the scheme has been out nine months and didn't fix it. Because I was looking up. I was like, am I going crazy? And I googled it and I'm like, no, everyone you know this reddit third is from nine months ago. And they even brought it at PENS and he was like, wow, they still didn't fix that, like because he noticed it too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because I remember this was like it was a really like well liked game when.
Speaker 2: It came, not a PS five. The other two problems actually three problems. Uh. One time it crashed my PS five hard, and I mean like an air I never saw before because normally, like when a game crashes, it's like, oh this the game software has reached an air or you know, an unexpected air this thing. I got to a point and I wanted to minimize the game for a seconds, so I hit the PS button and nothing happened, and I was like that's new. And I even hit the microphone button and that didn't like light up or anything, and I was like, okay, I closed a game. I went to the main menu of the game, and then it closed itself and then it was like your system software has encountered an error. Wow, okay. It was like you need to reset, and I'm all right fine. Uh. During one cinematic one recent one, it was I'm watching like a newscast on the screen with this news reporter. It played halfway through and then I'm supposed to cut to like this mayor candidate talking, but instead of cutting, it just played as audio and the cut scene like basically like restarted itself or like you know, looked backer on and this new reporter talking again, and I was like yep, quality. And the last one was big. The big one. Actually, one of the big ones is the third level you're in. It's like really big like steel like Corey or steel factory or something like that, but it's like a really big environment. It's not like a corridor or anything like. It's like pretty out outdoors, And after ten minutes of plane the frame rate dropped to about twelve frames per second. Wow, which makes the mandatory sniping sequences in the game a whole lot of fun.
Speaker 1: Oh I'm god.
Speaker 2: But the second you back out, are you going to like a building or something, because it loads into like another indoor building or environment sixty frames a second. Then it was just per right back up. I'd go outside and it would be fine for a little bit, but then drop down again.
Speaker 1: Damn.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And it's only the PS five version because the Xbox version seem's okay, or that's what I've read, and you know, it's been nine months and they're obviously not going to fix it, so that's cool. Yeah. I like it. I'm sorry, and reminds me of it reminds me of the first uh Dark City, the.
Speaker 1: Darkness okay, the darkness all right, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Which is cool. And I like Proba cop so that helps.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I guess it is a PS five longcause I remember a lot of people on PC Xbox likeening a lot. Yeah, I didn't have that many problems. I guess psive just some reason got the that's a mess borked version there. Yep, I haven't really been. This is the first week that the other three weeks I've been playing at least something, this one I really haven't, so I'm gonna get back on that. But since we have a little bit of time before Astrobot comes and consumes my life until then, right, So yeah, next week I'll definitely at least have one game to talk about here, yep. And yeah, speaking of games that are still coming though, of course, if you want to spend them going, sorry.
Speaker 2: You want to talk about Deadpool, didn't you?
Speaker 1: Oh well, we can do it quickly here. What do you think of the movie?
Speaker 2: It is good. I thought it's better than the second one personally, but it requires a lot of insider knowledge or like a lot of backup knowledge that if you don't have, is kind of screwed.
Speaker 1: I mean, I don't know why you would watch this movie if you didn't at least have a cursory knowledge of.
Speaker 2: These it's the biggest movie, or you know, like, I'm sure there are a fair amount of people who saw it that like my mom, who somehow like Deadpool for like some ungobly known reason.
Speaker 1: Right, But I think if you watch the three Deadpool movies, I think you get most of it.
Speaker 2: You don't not at all, like because you're missing like Logan or you know, all the you know, right, but anciary characters that show up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, you're not getting the cameos and things like that. But I mean like you're getting most of the stuff. And then but yes they are putting in like the you know stuff with the TVA and other things. You know, there is uh that kind of stuff. There's shouts to the old you know, even older MCU films. You know. It is kind of like a sort of like them saying, oh, all this stuff is part of the MCU. Now it's not just the stuff that we name is the MCU, which is cool. Good that they're like canonizing all that stuff now that they own it. Obviously it helps. They probably into them that if they didn't own Fox. Let's be honest. I enjoyed it. It maybe laugh a lot. It has some good action. That's what you want out of a Deadpool movie. Hugh Jaffam to me, you know, great as Wolverine. Loved the joke about We're gonna make you do this to your ninety thing, which I'm sure he's probably like signed up for quite a few more movies.
Speaker 2: I doubt it. I think this kind of was it for him, you know, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I think he'll he'll make an appearance in one of the other MCUs and then I think they'll pass it off. I think that'll kind of be the point of one of these Avengers movies is they'll they'll pass it off to a younger generation before we get to like that last Avengers six or whatever, because I mean they have to if they want to keep it going. Like these people cannot possibly keep going.
Speaker 2: Like yeah, like yeah, more Wolverine movies in his future.
Speaker 1: I mean, like you and Robert Downey Junior, like he cannot keep just being in these movies. Like a some point they're gonna have to like let a new generation. I mean they're trying to do that already with all these other ones. But I mean, now you're gonna have Chris Evans show up again, whether it's whichever form he's gonna take, You're gonna have all these other people come in. I'm sure that we're in the other movies that now they've kind of tried to move past of so I mean even Tom Holland is starting to get to the point where he's like, Okay, I'm not gonna do Spider Man for the rest of my life either, So you know, they got to figure out something. But I think as a as a kind of like a this is it kind of thing to the Fox movies and like the original Deadpool stuff, I thought that was that was great, Like that was fun. It deserves the big money that it got or whatever, you know. So yeah, I'm happy that it didn't, you know, because everybody was worried about it. If this movie doesn't do well, where's the MCU gonna be at now? And thankfully it it did do well. It seems like that they can kind of be okay with what's going forward.
Speaker 2: So we'll see next next week when it hits digital, we can talk about the border Lines movie.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly. It's just ridiculous that I think it's already hitting digital. Absolutely insane. No, it's it is just from the fact of like, wow, it was that bad. Oh yeah, it was that bad that it didn't even last more than like a week until it just bombed and when only made like fifty million world wide or something.
Speaker 2: Ridiculous, crazy, mad you know.
Speaker 1: It's yeah, start really quick because I gotta start working again.
Speaker 4: Here.
Speaker 1: For the stuff that's coming out this week, already mentioned it. If you want to go get Star Wars Outlaws early, you can, or you can just wait till the thirtieth when it comes out. For everybody, I would recommend don't spend that extra thirty dollars. It's just your wasting money. Well, the Warcraft also comes out, the new expansion I'm hoping to get a cub that's coming out. Corekeeper also coming out that looks pretty interesting in the game there as well. Risk of Brain two is coming to console.
Speaker 2: And they also on there is already on console, honestly.
Speaker 1: Well, it shows that there's coming out to PS five.
Speaker 2: And modern console. Okay, yeah, and then then.
Speaker 1: The DLC will come out after with that as well. The EMMO Smiling Man Famicom story thing for Switch also comes out. Gundam Breaker four also comes out as well on the twenty ninth. That looks cool. If you like Gundam's definitely go check that out. A Vampire Survivors comes to PS four and PS five. You haven't played that yet, definitely go do this. Terrific game and business of Mana also comes out this week, a game that I feel like we people have not talked about enough. It's like really going under the radar here. I wonder how well it's gonna do sales wise, right on that front. Honestly, I hope it does well, because you know, I don't like seeing those games just kind of like come out and do nothing. But we'll see, uh yeah, and then we're gonna be hitting September. It's gonna be some big games coming out for them, but uh, that'll be for next week. Until then, everybody, see you later later,