Speaker 1: Okay, up top. Just so you know, this is a weird episode. Topics, weird a format, weird audio, weird. Stick with me. It's worth it to the end, I promise. Okay, Oh hey, it's your friend's kid who's hitting you with a pool noddle Ali ward and come with me as I research prep for get a colonoscopy and then learn some alarming results. Will you? Okay? So I'm proud of you number one for being here. It's an investment in your health. Or maybe you're just here because you like butts, or you want to hear some hot gossip about mine. Maybe someone who cares about you sent this is like a friendly, encouraging Valentine straight up your rectum. But here's what's up. I needed a colonoscopy, and, like one would imagine, I was not thrilled at this prospect. But I have lost a few loved ones to colon cancer, and I've seen firsthand how gnarly it is to have cancer in your guts. And little known word trivia. So my dad had blood cancer for nine years, but his chemotherapy had the side effect of causing colon cancer possibly, and it was actually that undetected for too long, which ultimately.
Speaker 2: Took us life.
Speaker 1: So this episode is personal really, like in every way possible, and maybe for you too. One in sixteen people in America will get colon cancer and zero in sixteen like talking about it. So if this intestinal odyssey helps one person get screened, I guess it's worth the potential embarrassment. And trust me, there's a lot of embarrassment in this. One of my favorite things that I've learned from your pod mom, Jered Sleeper, is that something is only as embarrassing as you let it become. Because when you're embarrassed, people get embarrassed for you. But when you don't give a fuck, no one feels bad for you. So you just own your colons. So what shrug it off? Let's get started. But first, thank you to everyone at patreon dot com slash ologies for supporting the show. Thank you to everyone who passes this along to a friend and those wearing merch from ologysmerch dot com. Thanks to everyone who subscribes and rates and reviews, which helps so much. I read every review and this week there were such sweet ones, even though someone named Bort Muppet Margaret meant to leave five stars, but left one star. But that's okay, it happens. I didn't take it personally. Also, b Bell nine seven one seven thanks for the review that said I love science. I thought I hated science my whole life until this podcast, and it has shifted my view of absolutely everything. B Bell, Margaret, everyone who left a review, thank you. Okay, either way, let's get into it. Let's get into let's get into me. So we're going to cover how to prep for a colonoscopy, the best tips from people who have been through this, why one must even prepare for colonoscopy, but cameras, history, pathology reports, advice from drunk strangers, how a colonoscopy is like a frat house rager, and more. This episode might save your life. So come along. Let's take the back entrance in this field trip to my bud a colonoscopy right along, and how to dan. Let's start in my kitchen the Saturday afternoon before my Monday morning colonoscopy. Okay, so I was supposed to get a kolonoscopy a year ago, but I was too busy taking care of my dad who was dying of colon cancer. So ha ha, I had the prep and everything and it's been stashed in the CBS bag in a cupboard above my refrigerator for a year or so. Let's dig into this and see what the instructions say. I hoped to god I wasn't supposed to start this yesterday. Okay, Oh boy, gavelite, g take as directed one time only, as though you're gonna be.
Speaker 3: Like, I gotta give me some more of that.
Speaker 2: My gosh, my brain's out again.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 1: So this was filled last year.
Speaker 2: Cool?
Speaker 1: Okay. So I've had this large paper bag from the pharmacy sitting in the cupboard, stapled shut. It's been above my refrigerator, in the cabinet for over a year, and I finally cracked it open. You open it up and it's just a gallon. It's a gallon jug. Oh no, oh no, no, this sucks. Okay, it's GAVELI g there's a lot of polyethylene, glycol, sodium, sulfite, potassium. Okay, So you're supposed to fill to the top of the bottle. You've got to drink this whole thing. Oh no. And then it comes with a flavor pack. It's a lemon flavor pack. I guess this part is optional when it reconstituted with the water to a volume of four liters, which is a gallon. So this preparation can be used with or without the lemon flavor pack. Add lukewarm drinking water to the film mark on the bottle. No solid food should be consumed for the three to four hour period before drinking a solution, but in no case should solid food be eaten within two hours. Oh my god, drink one eight ounce cup of the solution rapidly every ten minutes. A loose, watery vowel movement should result in approximately one hour. Continue drinking until the entire contents for leaders have been consumed, or as directed by a physician, and it says no, the solution is more palatable if chilled in the refrigerator before drinking. Wow, I cannot believe how much like Whit this is gonna be. I don't know why this is.
Speaker 3: I think I'm so scared.
Speaker 1: I'm starting to I'm doing the thing where you start to giggle when you're so scared, like this is.
Speaker 3: So this is so horrifying to me that.
Speaker 1: It's funny, and I know that it's it's not actually funny.
Speaker 2: And if you.
Speaker 1: Barf this up or you have dizzyness, your switchcrossalm on immediately. You may experience some abdominal bloating and distension before the bewels start to move. So don't eat solid foods on the day before your colonoscopy and until after your colonoscopy. I doubt you're gonna be in twilight and be like eating a hogi or something.
Speaker 3: It wants a sandwich.
Speaker 1: Just like a Philly cheese steak on the table. Drink only clear liquids, so clear liquids or water, clear fruit juices without pulp like apple, white grape or white cranberry, strained lime made or lemonade, coffee or tea without creamer, clear broth, clear soda, gelatin popsicles without fruit pulp. Do not eat or drink anything colored red or purple. Okay, So you don't want to eat anything with red dye in it, like red or purple drinks or jello, because residue of that can look like blood or alesion in your intestines. So help the docs out and avoid like fruit punch. Also, five days before the exam, start a low fiber diet. It's anesthetical to everything you know. You want to avoid fruits, and veggies and whole grains. So a week before you're eating mashed potatoes, you're having crackers, et cetera. But the day before the exam, the day before the exam, no solid food of any kind. It's just you and the gallon jug plus as much clear broth and jello and clear pulp free juices like apple juice. So I had an early appointment on a Monday morning, checking in at seven am. So I was supposed to start Sunday night four thirty pm and drink half a gallon over two hours. Just chug this thing down the hatch alongside some Dulkalex, just for some added action, and then wake up in the middle of the night and drink the other half the gallon between three and four am, like hours before the procedure. So your timing might be a little different. But the moral here is just take the day off. You're going to be tired, You're going to be peeing out your keyster by design, maybe by accident. I was warned that no farts are to be trusted. Sit on a towel or per the instructions. You may consider wearing depends on all diapers. On the way to your procedure to avoid an accident with your bound movements.
Speaker 2: Okay, this is fine.
Speaker 1: They include some FAQs here. Why does this solution taste so bad? A certain concentration of salts and electrolytes is needed to effectively clear the colon. As a result, unfortunately, these solutions do taste bad. And why so salty so? Because this sodium and potassium and magnesium sulfate solution is what's called hyper osmotic. That means it sucks water into your intestines to swell up your guts, and then that causes muscle contractions called paristosis, which is it's kind of like pressing the fast forward button on evacuation, so I get everybody out. But there are other methods other than this golightly gallon though there's mirralax preparation. There are smaller salty borgs that are just a half gallon and then you need to drink an extra leader of water right after. Or you can do salt tablets that you chase with water. But most likely you're going to get this big jug that I got, and that's what insurance will cover. But talk to your doctor if you want the usually more expensive but less voluminous prep.
Speaker 3: What they care.
Speaker 1: Most about is a clear view of your personal sewer system. How do I know if I'm clear for the procedure? So this typically occurs after a significant amount of solid dark liquid stool has been eliminated, and then liquid stools become progressively clearer to the point that you can read a newspaper through them. That seems so specific and also not really a metaphor for the digital generation. And I wondered who came up with that edict? And I accidentally fell down a porta potty hoole of info about John Arderne, who was a fourteenth century surgeon known as the father of proctology, who I think he used leeches on hemorrhoids and would sometimes have patients swallow a thread and then when the front end surfaced out of their south port, he would pull it back and forth to cut out tumors and fistulas, kind of like dental floss for your inerts. But I don't think that they had daily newspapers back then, or even camera WANs in the thirteen hundreds. But it turns out that the modern colonoscopy was birthed from scientists at Tokyo University around nineteen sixty nine.
Speaker 5: Nice.
Speaker 1: But as for that guideline that you should be able to read a newspaper through your watery emissions, the closest source that I could find for that was a bunch of articles saying that the upper pasta doo should be thin enough to read a newspaper through. So maybe that oft used colon prep phrase was just the suggestion of like an Italian proctologist. I'm not sure, but past the salt and magnesium, your colon is six feet long and has a large collection of mucus, intestinal fluids, solid and liquid waste, a clean exam is the best way to ensure high quality procedure. Colorectal cancer is typically the second or third leading cause of cancer mortality in the US. I mean, trust me, no matter what happens, or how much I'm on the toilet, or how disgusting this stuff is, it's not as bad as having a fucking colon cancer. So so, most doctors suggest regular screening to start at age forty five, but if you have a family history of colorectal cancer, you may need to get screened as early as your teenage years, And if you have ibs or colitis or celiac or something. You might be in there for totally different reasons. So I think a lot of people might need to do this. The best advice would come from someone who's already been through it. So I did like the sanest thing that a chill person could do, and I brought a recording device to a bar on a Saturday night to ask strangers about their butts. I think, Okay, now that I'm getting ready to park, I'm getting nervous. It's very crowded and everyone looks attractive. So maybe this is a bad idea.
Speaker 2: Am I a buzzkill? I might as well? Who the fuck cares? People loved?
Speaker 4: Help I'm doing here.
Speaker 1: Seconds into this and I run into people I know from my years as a newspaper journalist. They are hip, young, They're wearing cool clothes such as leather jackets. I did not anticipate this familiar to bask Oh my gosh, I just saw you on TikTok the other day.
Speaker 4: Oh, I'm so sorry.
Speaker 5: I'm not You're actually forget It's funny I should see you guys here. I am not here to meet up with anyone.
Speaker 3: I'm here completely alone.
Speaker 4: I think you're here to meet up with us.
Speaker 5: Here's the deal. Husband's out of town.
Speaker 1: Okay, is at a bachelor party.
Speaker 5: I have a colonoscrophy on Monday, and I'm doing an episode like a Field Trip episode. I'm like, as long as I'm gonna go get my butt probed, I'm gonna make.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna produce.
Speaker 5: I'm going to produce.
Speaker 1: Sure.
Speaker 5: And I was like, I wonder if any anyone would give me advice.
Speaker 1: I never had one. That's why I know.
Speaker 6: It's like, you guys should that.
Speaker 3: No, I need to go on the Chadwick died at thirty five.
Speaker 1: They say forty, but like a lot of people are dying at like thirty.
Speaker 3: I know what coming down cancer.
Speaker 1: I feel like I should get up there. You are on the same ship.
Speaker 4: I'm with you.
Speaker 3: I don't want to get this thing at all.
Speaker 5: And then I was like, no one does, so maybe a guilty world could be anyone.
Speaker 4: I have a question for you. Yes this is being recorded, but I can strike anything from the record. Have you ever had a colonoscopy? I have. Do you have any advice for anyone who's getting one? Go to Beth Israel. That's your only advice. What if they don't have that help plan?
Speaker 5: What if you have you actually had I can't be saying that, he can't be saying it. Okay, so go to a hospital you trust. All right, that's what that's what we're going to glean from this.
Speaker 3: Have you guys ever had a kolonoscopy?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 2: Thank god? No move it, alonge.
Speaker 1: I ventured inside toward the bar, so defeated. I just got in line and I bought a white wine for courage, and it was a clear liquid. I lurked toward the back patio to ask strangers about their buttthole. But I stumbled into a whole birthday party, like in full swing.
Speaker 6: I don't want to encroach.
Speaker 1: Oh, happy birthday.
Speaker 6: I'm not exciting.
Speaker 1: Birthday, not at all.
Speaker 3: I got wants to talk.
Speaker 1: To me about their buttholes. Then I met an angel. Oh wait, have you had.
Speaker 6: A colonoscope before?
Speaker 1: This? Never?
Speaker 6: Okay, this is your first time. So then I would use the prep that they give you. But I would go to the store. I would go if you can tolerate it, seltzer water? How is that on your on your red? Okay? So get pit light? Okay, they have you know, tons of flavors. I typically like the berry, you know, the berry chocolate flavors. They are a little bit less sweet, but I cut it. I still cut it, and I make kind of like a mocktail about it with Seltzer water just because like I actually have ibs and like a really bad history of gut health, so that just helps cut it. But if you don't have seltz or just do like regular water with ice cut it. But I would use the prep and the pedia light. I wouldn't just.
Speaker 2: Do the prep.
Speaker 6: Okay, it's just like it's it's gross and I'm not gonna lie just drinking that for like I mean what like twenty four hours. Yeah, and you'll be going to the restroom a lot, so it don't make any plants. You're just gonna have to be no, but truly you're gonna be nesting. I wouldn't make I wouldn't eat a two big waits Monday.
Speaker 4: So today tomorrow's my prep day, tomorrow's.
Speaker 6: Your prep day, because I was gonna say, you don't want to eat heavily for your last meal, because then that will make the day before and worse obviously. Yeah, I mean a lot of people just use the prep, and they're fine, okay, but from my experience, I just like Pedia like better, got a little bit more taste, and also it kind of like gives you somebody to switch off on. And then for after the procedure, I would get another extra bottle of Paedia Light and some Gatorade, just anything with electrolytes. So if that's coconut water or whatever, bone broth, bone broth is great. I'm just like really like nourishing things for the gut.
Speaker 1: You know, Okay, since your body is gathering up a bunch of your water and just forcing it out like a poop whole powerwasher, you are going to lose electrolytes, which will make you feel like death and can be potentially bad for you. So replenish during the colony prep, and then after it's all done.
Speaker 6: There's now this Gatorade series that is like in a square bottle that has less sugar and more electrolyte. So if you go the Gatorade raw, I would do that, but if you can, Pediolight is always my It's always my go to you for.
Speaker 1: That confidence up. I approached a small gaggle of college aged athletic looking hunks. Everyone's been like, there's some girl like asking about.
Speaker 4: You get a camera.
Speaker 1: One guy's wife hit out a colonoscopy. He knew the deal. How was the prep?
Speaker 4: Did she just appear into a toilet for two Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yes, she had to like drink this fucking weird shit. So they gave you like a like a prescription of some ship shape and that's all you can drink for two days.
Speaker 6: Dropped her off.
Speaker 1: And I picked her up, and she was like, that was kind of weird.
Speaker 5: I felt it go into my butthole and then I fell asleep and.
Speaker 3: It went perfectly.
Speaker 4: I saw this TikTok where this woman was like asked her nurse. She's like, is today a good day to have butt sex or not? And her nurse is like, it's actually not in her head.
Speaker 1: It was just mega poppers. I will say that one of those guys turned out to be an ologies listener, and then we sent a video to his brother, so I may have redeemed myself. Hey, but let's circle back real quick just to butt sex. Sorry everyone turn this down if your mom or my mom is listening, whatever, but public service announcement so you don't have to have surgical grade colon cleansing to have fun things up your butt. Realistically, penetrating for playtime only happens in the lower end of the colon, this sigmoid portion, and unless you are like actively retaining a turd in there, the rectum should be clear of poop because all of that is housed a bit farther up in the colon. But there exists anal douches, some of them very sexy looking. They're like a rubber bulb, and they also make shower head but cleaning nozzles. And I look this up for us, and the general proctological protocol is to like put a leg on the toilet or do it in the shower, take lukewarm water, suck it in the bulb, squeeze the air out and then intro that into the bomb and squirt the water, but not too much water, not too far or you're gonna hit the storage area. You feel me, so a couple of times, not too much water, not too forcefully. Then to the toilet or I guess the shower. You go, let it out, repeat a couple of times until things are solid free. However, you can upset the balance of your poop shoot and you can wash out protective slippery stuff in there, and also so things can continue to drip or bubble out for about half an hour. So in researching this for US, I paid a visit to the Reddit forum Ask gay Bros. And one person who's a nurse and a bottom said that the best way to douche is not at all. Eat a high fiber diet the day before you're planning on bottoming, and the day of have a satisfactory BM. Then hop in the tub and sit in some warm water. Let your muscles loosen up. Gently, insert either your point or middle finger into your buttthole, swirl it around and bring it out and clean out your finger. Other folks said, so that's another way. Not enough for colonoscopy, but if you're thinking about butt sex advice from an elder. Other folks said that solium husk or meta mucile and staying hydrated will naturally keep things tidy for your anal adventures, go slow if you love it, lubit and be safe. HPB is a sexually transmitted infection that can cause anal cancer, so consider that another good reason to wrap it up so you don't need medical grade coldscopy prep for butt fun and also the day of your kolonoscopy is not a good time for that. But the biggest lesson here is never ever equate a medical procedure with a sexual identity or with behavior that you think your community would frown on. First off, contending adults can do whatever they want and it's none of anyone's business. Secondly, these long held stigmas against parts of your own body could kill you if you're too shy or ashamed to get a screening. And also being afraid of your own butthole is a senseless deprivation of free fund. See the Urology and Sexology episode for more anal stuff and prostate mlking. You're welcome, it's your house. You deserve to use a backdoor any way you like. But yes, in all, I got good advice from one person. I made some new friends. I made others uncomfortable, but hopefully this episode will find them when they need it. But I feel like you maybe have kicked me and the asset enough.
Speaker 5: To know what I and you know what Glen you zoo. They'll be an episode of waiting to rec all the tips and tricks.
Speaker 1: So armed with advice and maybe too much googling, I went to Target the next morning, my official prep day before the procedure, to stock up on selzer water and electro lights, things to flavor my water, like those Meo drops dolcalacs per the doctor's orders. I got some probiotics, I got some mega rolls of the softest toilet paper and diapers, and I had a full cart. And I looked up from my gruesome shopping list to see a man I had dated over ten years ago, and he was with his beautiful blonde wife and their two perfect children. And we all made eye contact and I offered a quick hey, man, how's it going you guys have a great day ka, And then I ducked into the soup aisle and I sprinted to the checkout. I went so like I was on Guy Fieri's grocery Games, Take it to the Judges. I got home, I unloaded my loot. After the break, we're going to taste us that. But first, a quick word from sponsors of the show, who make it possible to donate to a cause each week, and this week I'm doing something a little different. A close friend of mine actually was just diagnosed with colon cancer early forties. He has three kids and is getting surgery on April seventeenth. So the money that we send to a charity, I'm just going to send his way to help with whatever he needs to be a little bit more comfortable. So thanks to sponsors of the show. Okay, let's grab my gallon for a vacation to toilet town.
Speaker 3: This is pretty much like a what is the jug to the tin streak? A board, just a quick side.
Speaker 1: So a BORG stands for a black out rage gallon, and it's something that the youth are doing for their nocturnal social festivities. So you take a gallon of water, you pourse them out, and then you add your alcohol of choice, then flavorings, electrolyte, or vitamin packs and you shake it up and then you give it a name like a sour dough starter. You can write it in sharpie. And I know, carrying a Blackoutrage gallon, having your own borg, it sounds terrifying to people who are like imagining their children in college carrying one hundred and twenty eight ounces of blackout Rage tonic. But when compared to yester Year's rubber made trash cans full of mystery jungle juice, a BORG can be a really good thing for harm reduction. It can ensure hydration, it sets an upper threshold of alcohol consumption. It's got a sealed lid that's less likely to be spiked or drugged, and people can choose not to add any alcohol and no one will know or judge. So thanks gen Z, you're fixing everything. Now that I'm thinking of it as a borg I'm actually excited about it. I feel like I got a lot of the items a person borging might.
Speaker 3: Get, like the electrolyte drops.
Speaker 1: I definitely purchased more diverse than your average tailgator.
Speaker 3: I gotta name my board. Where are shits? I'm just so stoked about getting hydrated.
Speaker 1: If this weren't immediately coming out of my penus, here are some of our options. So I'm gonna do this unflavored, and I'm gonna try a couple of them.
Speaker 3: Clamorings were good. It's gonna be so fun. I'm so excited. This doesn't be delicious.
Speaker 1: I got some little glasses and I lined them up for a taste test, a flight, if you will.
Speaker 3: So I got crystal light.
Speaker 1: I got some of this meo stuff which I've seen people put in their box and then this comes with this flavor pack of lemon, which I hear is like pretty dross, but I'm gonna try a little bit of it in one of the cups. I will say, from my experience of having a few people in my life dive colon cancer, no matter what this tastes like, it's better than getting colon cancer.
Speaker 3: Because here's the thing, if you get colon cancer, you have to do this even more.
Speaker 1: You're better off doing it one time, having them snip off polyp, and then not.
Speaker 3: Having to do this every time your cancer returns.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's row dog it first, just unflavored, straight up.
Speaker 2: Let's see.
Speaker 1: Let's see what we're dealing with.
Speaker 3: Okay, here it is clean. Okay, but yeah, it tastes like salty plastic.
Speaker 1: Let's try this Meo flavoring, which comes in a little bottle that you squeeze, and remember nothing red or purple. I got like a lemon lime flavor. Too much, I used too much. Oh god, it tastes like gaseation bathroom cleaner. Clearly my percentages.
Speaker 3: Is off, so I can do this. Though this is this is not as.
Speaker 1: Gross To say that the fear was definitely worse than than the flavs. Just me an a medically issued gallon jug of salt water that I'm cradling in my arms.
Speaker 3: Thanks for helping me clean my clue. All right, I'm already filming some rumblings. I can do this. I've had cocktails that it's a lot worse than us.
Speaker 1: If this tastes like margarita, Max actually like if you have a lot of salt on the rim, it's pretty much just a virgin margarita that will make you absolutely like shait your organs out. Okay, let's try it with the pharmacy issued lemon flavor packet, in which I have no faith.
Speaker 3: That's I'm good. I don't like that.
Speaker 1: That tastes like licking velvet. It's kind of viscosity. That doesn't please me. Okay, so we tried the plane, we tried the meal and the prescription issued flavor packet. Now let's try a sample with some crystal light lemonade and see if we can do this.
Speaker 3: That's so far the winner. That's good. I can do this.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna put it over more ice down the hatch, peebes, down the hatch and down the hole. So after all that fuss, all that complaining, all the whining, all the fear, all the talking to strangers, it was so much easier than I expected. I drank the salty lemonade. I alternated with a few quarts of to go fub broth from a local Vietnamese place, which was clutch ten out of ten. Get some of your favorite to go broth, definitely worth it. And yeah, yeah, I spent some time on the toilet all right, but not as much as I thought at all. And I think the low fiber diet in the week proceeding and the really light meals on Saturday helped my Sunday prep day. And then I got to pick out afterward, so definitely consider that if you can.
Speaker 6: So.
Speaker 1: Then it was off to the appointment early Monday morning. Here we go. It's showtime, Oka Hospital. Seven am. I'm wearing diapers full disclosure, I didn't chance it. And now I'm getting into my hospital down. I'm in a room with a bunch of screens. This is where the magic happens. My gown's very open in the back, commando underneath it. I could keep my socks on, though that rules. This is not an easy way to earn a nap.
Speaker 3: I gotta say, men are to just take a nap.
Speaker 2: We're one, two, three, four or five, six, seven eight screens in this room. They're gonna see some shit, hopefully you real shit.
Speaker 1: Okay, they're gonna dose me up soon. I really should have left it rolling, and tbh, I was worried that it was illegal. So they pumped a few little vials into my ivy and like within a minute, I started to go night night. Right as I was going out, I was like, whoops, there's a chili lubed up tube going ride up my bungus And I was like, oh, I thought you'd wait till I was fully out, But okay, I didn't miss the big moment, but I kind of I was out pretty much completely. I kind of roused a few times during being like, oh, it was like just having like a really gentle dream about curious aliens. Before I knew it, it was all over. It happened in a flash and I was just groggly coming back to life.
Speaker 2: I heard I did it, and I woked up to some monitors and machines. I think they gave me.
Speaker 1: Pro bol.
Speaker 2: Proof and to all. I'm not sure, but it was definitely an apptime A couple times. In the middle of it, I was like, wellly, some people love my butt right now, but I'm so hungry. And they snipped off a pollup. They said, see you in five years, lady. And now I guess I put on the dibray came in with and I go get something delicious, see l d R. It really wasn't that bad. Drugs help Crystallite and fentanyl or whatever they've got me on, those are the real VIPs.
Speaker 1: So it turns out, according to my post procedure report, I was actually on a combination of me paradine and medazolam. And according to the twenty twenty study comparison of fentanyl versus me paradine in combination with medaza lamb for sedative colonoscopy in Korea, fentanyl will knock you out faster but has a longer recovery time, like extra ten minutes. Also, my post report had pictures of my colon and that was a great souvenir and it said that my colon prep was excellent. However, here's the news you're waiting for. They did find a poll up up there a two millimeter growth way far into my large intestine, and the beauty of the colonoscopy is that they can snip those little ones out as long as they're in there, So you get a two fur, you get a bogo there, and they did, and they sent it to pathology and it came back pre cancerous. So your girl did her homework, drank herborg, had an intestinal exorcism, and then saved your own life by getting that thing plucked like a little lint ball before it turned into a colon poultery geist. So all's well, that ends well. In all, it was way easier to prep than I thought. The procedure was fine. I didn't even need the die I was wearing, and I got rid of something that could have turned into cancer in a few years. But I do have to go back in five years. Also. When it was over, because you're not allowed to drive for the day, Jarrett picked me back up and we went to a diner and I got a breakfast bratto and I was so hungry. I also got banana pancakes and it was the tastiest meal I can remember. So ask not what your butt can do for you, but what you can do for your butt. Get screened if you need to drive a friend to theirs, eat well, get your checkups, treat your bod like the friend that it is now. Thank you for coming along on this journey with me. It wasn't an easy one to make. It's a little vulnerable, but I hope it helps someone. And honestly, if you have to get a COLONOSK, we do not be afraid of it. It's not as bad at all as anyone says. Just throw some lemon crystal light in there, chug it down, get a book you know, good luck and let me know how goos. I'll post pictures of my bork on Instagram at ologies. We're also on Twitter at ologies. I'm on instagm and Twitter at Ali Ward and on TikTok at Ali underscore Ologies. Thank you to Aaron Talbert, who admins Theologies podcast Facebook group with a syst from Shannonfelds and Body Dutch. Thank you to Emily White of the Wordery, who makes professional transcriptssmologies are available their short kid friendly versions up at alliward dot com slash smologies that is linked in the show notes. Thank you to Mercedes Maitland and Secredriguez Thomas for working on those Susan Hale Handle's ologies merch dot com, which has shirts and hats and bags and tots and all kinds of things, and she does so much more. Noel Dilworth does our scheduling, including scheduling and rescheduling my colonoscopy. Kelly ar Dwyer makes our website. Mercedes Maitland usually lead edits but other medical news. She is COVID struck this week, so send her your good vibes as well, and stepping in for her and hauling my actual ass to the hospital. For this episode, the hung Tacular Jarrett Sleeper, who himself got a colonoscopy not the same day but previous to mine, and was adorable waking up from fentanel Nick Thorburn wrote the music And if you stick around, I'll tell you a secret. And like this whole episode was TMI and I don't think anyone is hungry for am I, But in case you are, this one's from my dad. I remember he finally did have to get a colonoscopy, and he had to take the prep and everything, and I remember him saying, my dad was a very reserved person that didn't talk about this stuff very much clearly. But I remember him saying that he's like man, I saw a sandwich I ate nineteen seventy three and it made me laugh. And I thought about that, and I hope that that stays with you. And so if you need to get a colonoscopy, you do it for my pop. I miss him every day. You can do this. You got this. We're behind you. Okay, bye bye.
Speaker 2: Just let it out.