Speaker 1: Coming to you from the dining room table at East Barbary Lane. Welcome to a new episode of Full Circle the podcast. A visit to our home where we squeeze a few headlines through our decidedly queer lens and see what happens. This episode is brought to you by Decanted jug Wine and the game called will he Annihilate an entire civilization? Or is it just Taco Tuesday? In Hell? And where in the fuck is Congress?
Speaker 2: I'm your host Charles Tyson Jr.
Speaker 1: And I'm your host Martha Madrigal. Welcome to the Full Circle Table.
Speaker 2: This is the worst game of would you Rather? I've ever seen?
Speaker 1: This was yesterday and today is the We're recording on April eighth, a Wednesday, and yeah, the resident woke up with threats to yeah but wow, just wow. So these are the times we're living in now anyway for now? Yeah, well, we're just gonna keep recording. And you know, the man is is that dementia? Is its sinility, is it Alzheimer's? Is it syphilis? Is it a combination of all of it?
Speaker 2: I was getting gonna say more than one thing can be true at the same time.
Speaker 1: M Yeah, whatever, it is.
Speaker 2: Something must be done, and why aren't we doing it?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, the twenty fifth Amendment seriously comes to mind, because this is unhinged. And you know, if you want to balance, just consider what the other side would have done if Joe Biden said one Obama would have said one of the things this jackass has said, or done one of them, or let let Michelle have never mind. But you know what I'm saying, I do like the Democrats are supposed to be the grown ups at this point apparently, and you know, whatever nonsense comes out of them, it's a game of how ridiculous can they make it. It's almost like human lives are not at stake and this.
Speaker 2: Is all just for likes and clicks or something. I don't know.
Speaker 1: Well that's how well, that's how the nation's being wrong, because that was really his biggest gig was being a reality show host. Yeah, he liked that the best. I think m's the only one he ever got baid for, probably, I mean, well, the only one anyone got paid.
Speaker 2: For, because the only one he was actually any good at being a fake leader.
Speaker 1: I mean that's subjective, but yes, but yes, So let's just talk about what's going on here, because that's enough of that. I'm sorry, but.
Speaker 2: Let's start this a better way.
Speaker 1: Hi baby, Hi, Hello, Other than dystopia. It's been a good couple of weeks, I know, right, We've been busy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we've gone places and done things and met people, and yeah.
Speaker 1: We've been out a couple of times to dance related events.
Speaker 2: Yes, we were fortunate enough to get to see Rennie Harris pure movement in the culmination of his three year residency at Penn Live Arts. Yes World premiere work called Losing My Religion, and uh.
Speaker 1: You cried, I did? I did?
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm saying you like I didn't. It was, it was it was.
Speaker 1: Very deep, deep moving. Yeah, and I just decided to be with the peace in real time because you know, it wasn't all exactly spelled out for you, right, but here is a seasoned professional telling a story essentially without words.
Speaker 2: Yeah, basically for me, it was why like I said, I I saw it at first anyway, as uh, we're looking at people in hell because they're like living this ongoing cycle, and the cycle was struggle, violence, mourning, protest, media attention, then back to normal struggle violence.
Speaker 1: Well, right, but I you know, you're the one who said the hell metaphor if anything this way, that we're living as hell here on earth. Now, I didn't see it as a metaphor at all. I saw it acted out, reality acted out.
Speaker 2: So all is how different?
Speaker 1: Is that?
Speaker 3: Actually?
Speaker 1: Very because you know, our reality as hell is happening. That's my point all around us. So my point was that what my point is. It wasn't a metaphor, but it was good. I mean, you know, it was very worth seeing. It was, you know, something to be there. There were two performances and yeah, we got to see the second one. Are they doing anymore with it? Or that was that?
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm sure once the residency is over and they go back to touring, we'll start seeing these pieces out in the wild.
Speaker 1: Yeah it was I again very sparingly used the word immersive, but that was yeah.
Speaker 2: And and Pure Movement is known for the prolific performances of its dancers uh in the genre of hip hop and street dance, like these are always gonna be the top tier in the styles. And the culminating section of the work was the uh, the uprising section, and it was too like fierce and funky, like house music, and it hit different than than it normally would in their performances because yes, you're you're you're vibing to the intensity of the movement and there and the dynamics of of their of the performance. But because it's not meant to be joyful, because it's an active protest, it hits in a different place and so like it's cathartic without being without that sense of joy necessarily, And that was a different viewing experience for me.
Speaker 1: I enjoyed it, Yeah, enjoys the strong world, but I did enjoy that. You know. Again, yes, these are fantastic dancers, and what they were able to do with their bodies and together was phenomenal, and so that talent was very much on display, indeed. But yeah, there was a point at which it was just like, oh my god. Yeah, it was a lot impossible not to just feel it, the weight of it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you've gotten to see a bunch of his work by this point, so you've gotten this in the what was.
Speaker 1: The end of a three part a three year residence residency.
Speaker 2: That's were you familiar with Pure Movement before we went and saw them the first time. The first year of the residency.
Speaker 1: I thought that was the second time we saw them. I thought I thought the first year of the residency was actually the second time we saw Rennie Harris. I could be wrong, but I felt like I had seen the work before, but maybe not. But I have gone each year for the last right, we went and.
Speaker 2: Saw Lifted, so that was would have been before that. That one was really good. It was all house music, but the ending kind of got on my nerves because it felt like they were saying the devil gave us COVID. That was that one.
Speaker 1: That wasn't that was the first one.
Speaker 2: No, the first year of the residency was the retrospective.
Speaker 1: It was all because I remember the one about COVID and it was kind of yeah.
Speaker 2: It was chill, not in love with that one. It was good till the ending. The ending kind of ruined it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was, yeah, but you know, it's this conspiracy theory, that's something. It did read like that a little bit, a little bit.
Speaker 2: And you know, I've seen a lot of Rennie's work over the years and it bes that way sometimes sometimes like I'll like eighty five percent of it and then one part of it I'm like, eh, you've done better.
Speaker 1: It sounds like your whole relationship with black people, dah, eighty five percent of it just it's I mean, I wish I could give away people eighty five percent. I can't. Some days I can't gept them.
Speaker 2: Eight eight to five.
Speaker 1: We also saw Quan Young.
Speaker 2: Yes, we saw sadly the final performance of Kunjunglin and Dancers Company. They went out with a bang. Their final show was called Echo in Flame Fang Wong Awakens, and.
Speaker 1: It was beautiful. It was gorgeous, mean beautiful.
Speaker 2: It's always beautiful and gorgeous.
Speaker 1: Which his work is, yeah, elegant. He uses what is that like? What am I trying to say? Space and pause and absence as much as movement, Yeah, you know, in such a beautiful way.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like it's always visually striking. And then the movement is always like at at times it's very athletic and and and and virtuosic, and at times it's very like subtle and minimal.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and what a sweetheart. And he was in the lobby when we walked him running over and hooked me. I was like, oh, he has such wonderful energy, always has yeah.
Speaker 2: And I was so grateful, Like so the second half was the world premiere of the new work, but the first half was repertory, and I was so grateful that they opened the show with Pilgrimage, which is like easily one of my favorite pieces. And I've told you about this piece like unasked many times.
Speaker 1: The simplicity of it is part of the elegance. Yeah, because apparent simplicity.
Speaker 2: Right, because really all they do is travel from the upstage corner of this of the stage to the downstage corner, repeating movements. But that's like the most minimal explanation of description of it I can give.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because what I saw was nothing like those words. I mean, it was exactly like those words, but nothing. Yes, it's a very minimal description, right. I wasn't prepared, yeah, for just how lovely everything was. It was. It was a lovely, lovely evening.
Speaker 2: I'm always I love how they use the voice within the choreography. They they make like the sound their voice their answers. Yes, yes, I will always love that. And I imagine it's got to be cathartic as a performer because you get though it's not often that you get those moments in dance where you get to like be that vocal.
Speaker 1: Yes, true, Yeah, exactly, it makes sounds.
Speaker 2: Yeah, lots of ha.
Speaker 1: I'm just we you know, were just actually just still talking about what we did. It's just I feel, you know, I feel the need to prove that there are still Americans with culture exactly, and we're so sorry read to star Oh god.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 1: The No King's Rally, which we are hearing now, something like eight million people participated in around the globe. We were there in Camden, New Jersey, indeed Wiggins Park, and I spoke at the rally.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and the main reason we were there was because you were a speaker. I was, and you rocked that ship.
Speaker 1: Thank you, thank you. Is that on our website? I think it is. Yeah, the YouTube of the what is it? I think it's entire might be have gone seven minutes.
Speaker 2: But it's a really quick Yeah, well it's seven minutes because I included her intros. Okay, So which was you know, significant and substantial?
Speaker 1: It was you know, supposed to be four yes, So I tried to keep it to four ish, but I didn't time pauses because you never know are you going to need them? And I needed a couple.
Speaker 2: So because folks had reactions.
Speaker 1: They did they did. And the saddest part is the angle you were angled to the side where there were very few people because it's a very steep hill right and and that's where the crowd was right Dead's center d up with the stage, so there were a lot of people there. You can hear them from the like there are two there were there were more than that, and you can hear them. So yeah, no kings and I would do it again. Yeah, I would do it again. Brought to you by our local Indivisible chapter, which is Cooper River Indivisible. And yeah, I appreciated that they asked me. It came from a pea Flag meeting that you know, I was running and a good friend who was my guest speaker that night, our guest speaker that night, said what do you do on Saturday? Well? Yeah, and I was like, it's the Ralliant. Yeah, could could would you speak? And I said I would. I would narrate the opening of an envelope if I thought it was useful, So I tried to be useful. I also spoke on Transgender Day of Visibility at super Er. Yes you did, America. I loved doing that.
Speaker 2: That was a great event and not.
Speaker 1: Just because they paid me, not just because they're not no right, but because this suber is a corporation in the US that has doubled down with DEI. They've embraced that part of their identity. And yeah, you know, as many of us now, a whole lot of lesbians strive supers. Yeah, a lot of queer strives, but especially our lesbians love their supers. And it was a beautiful day. They did a walk around their parking lot, which is vast. I mean, it was a big long walk around their facility which is also huge. But what a lovely, warm crowd. And yeah, so I got to do that too, And once again you rocked that ship. Thank you. You posted that as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I posted. I posted about the event on our Instagram uhh and full circle the pot and but you can see the video of the Subaru, the teet of speech and the no King speech on our website and full Circle theepod dot com.
Speaker 1: And we can link to them in the episode notes.
Speaker 2: Yes for today, Yes cool.
Speaker 1: The Rooted Inequality Conference is coming up in the twenty first of April. I just confirmed I'll be a panelist on day one. There's an intergenerational panel.
Speaker 2: You are just booked in Blessed I know.
Speaker 1: Right, this hosted by Garden State Equality. So I'm excited about that. I'm excited for what that conversation might be because it's not just a panel talking, but it's a panel talking with the audience, right. And we've got high school kids. Oh I love that, you know, all the way up to my old ass and probably beyond.
Speaker 2: So intergenerational, Yeah it is.
Speaker 1: And I that's something you know, I think is so important. Oh yeah, And you know, it's one of the things that I think works so beautifully with the Transformation Collective, which is you know, the call Elizabeth and I run together because everyone's there together as siblings talking. But we've got a lot of generations represented, you know, and I think it's an important perspective. I think we need to know who our elders are, and we need their perspective on queer life and trans life, and we need to listen to the youngsters coming up and hear what they have to say about the world that they're entering, the world we handed them well, that we're handing out. Yeah, it's important to know what they're thinking because I remember just how terrified I was on so many fronts in the early eighties. Yeah, the selective service notice kicked it off when I turned eighteen. That was terrible, you know, and there was this this disease going around that we knew nothing about, and in particular gay men, We're just dropping like flies. It was a difficult time to come of age. And I would have killed well for a conversation like this, right, you know, to have sat with a bunch of a bunch of folks, and especially the elders who you know, every time I talk about the past, I'm like, this is not our first pandemic, right, the COVID, because we lived through the eighties and there's too many similarities. And you know, it was actually refreshing to see that when when it's happening to CIS had people that you know, how quickly vaccines came out and everybody's paying attention and all of a sudden, that is not how it went down in the eighties. Job, not a bit, not a bit. Yeah, we we had to scream. We didn't just have to beg and cry and die. We had to get loud and embarrass people into action. I wonder you know, I've thought about that recently. I'm working on now. I'm writing a talk that I'll be doing in May, and I've thought about that idea of could we even shame these motherfuckers at this point? You know, because do they have any I mean, I know that they are delicate little flowers. They they're they're made of paper, and yet it doesn't keep them from lying, it doesn't keep them from you know, being ridiculously audacious with their their words, and it seems like there is no bottom for these people. Maybe that was the wrong choice of word.
Speaker 2: Let that go, but.
Speaker 1: Right, you know, the bar is in hell and they keep digging for us. So I just had that thought and I made a note about it. You know, it was a different time in that Republican politicians could be embarrassed and Democrats as well, but we're still talking about books then and now, you know that you could shame them into action. I'm not sure how that would work, because look at what's going on right now. They have no shame, they have no decency, they have nothing, nothing. They're barely human.
Speaker 2: Right We've even tried setting their things on nothing.
Speaker 1: I know, I know. So the talk that I'm talking about is May Sewi and it's called Lies, Damned Lies and Statistics, which I believe was a Mark Twain quote. But I had to come up with a title, and I went, that'll fit. I can make it fit. And that's in Medford, New Jersey at the United Methodist Church, which is an affirming congregation. And I'll be doing a breakfast talk and you know, breakfast and Q and A and I love discussions, so I will see what happens.
Speaker 2: I love that you are just doing the things.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and for the month of April, Oh, let me do this, am I am so.
Speaker 2: Martha is nominated for the twenty twenty six Women Podcasters Award.
Speaker 1: This is where the trumpets go.
Speaker 2: Yeah, in the category of best lgbt Q. I a two S plus podcaster and uh yeah, yes, you can go to Women Podcasters dot You.
Speaker 1: Can go to definitely give that line.
Speaker 2: Ye, go to go to our website, Full circlethepod dot Com, and we have on our announcements page. It's huge. Pretty much anything you can you can see on that section you can click on it'll.
Speaker 1: Take you to where you Vote'll give you as well. Voting goes through the end of April. Correct.
Speaker 2: Yes. Voting opened on April first and runs through April thirtieth.
Speaker 1: Would be a lovely thing. Yeah, it's it is lovely to be recognized with the nomination, even lovelier still to actually win it. And that would be our first award for the podcast. Yeah, because some of them you got to buy basically, right. Yeah, I love that.
Speaker 2: There's so many nominees throughout the awards, the different the different categories. Yes, and you know, just out of curiosity, I've gone through and I've you know, perused and there's a couple that, like, I'm now following their podcast.
Speaker 1: And listen to Good to Know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's a couple that you know, I can feel comfortable voting for because it's not going to take votes away from you, right, because it's a different category.
Speaker 1: I'm just in the one category. Can certainly peruse and see if you recognize anyone else, and you get to vote in every category if you so choose. Yes, but that is not a requirement. It is not You can just go on and vote for us.
Speaker 2: The only requirement is voting from Martha.
Speaker 1: We would very much appreciate it. That would be lovely. Yeah, So that's cool. I'm excited about that. That's fun. And yeah, booked and Blessed has been kind of a themed this spring, and I do love it because how many times do I have to say, we're talking you're talking about us without us again, right, you know, include trans people in the conversation. If you want to talk about us, have us there. You know, hear what we have to say here, what you know, you're our perspective on what's going on. And I mean all of us, yeah, you know, certainly, not just my mouth.
Speaker 2: But and if you would like to book and bless uh one or both of us, feel free to visit full Circle thepod dot com and contact us.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there are no small gigs. Just there are no small gigs. So two deaths. Let's start with the one that's easier to talk about.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because yeah, So this is from the end of last month. Nicholas Brendan passed away at fifty four. Nicholas Brendan was He played Xander on Buffy the Vampire Slayer.
Speaker 1: That's your era, right, Yeah.
Speaker 2: I was a huge fan of the Buffy the Vampire Slay series, and I Xander was one of my little TV crushes.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: He was just like the goofy, straight dude, but he was like a good guy, and Okay, he was always there ready to like take one for the team and get his ass kicked for his his and he had like mostly female friends who were who could all kick his ass any given time. But it didn't stop him from jumping in the way if the moment arose, right then yeah, And as far as we know, like he just died in his sleep of natural causes.
Speaker 1: Really at fifty four, that is very young for that to happen, I'm saying, yeah, that is very young. Rest in peace, Rest in peace. Man. So the next one has been reported in so many ways, and.
Speaker 2: This is also from the end of last month.
Speaker 1: Right at the end of last month, Chielle Diamond Sanchez McCrae was killed in Virginia. We know that she competed in many drag pageants and was a title holder in many. She was forty two. Yes, now I believe we are talking about a black trans woman, yes, who was also a drag performer who was shot and killed Petersburg, Virginia. The reporting of this, even in queer news, has been all over the place, right, and who in the hell I think it might have been the advocate wasn't who quoted the family right that she was misgendered in the beginning. I think the first fucking time I've ever heard this, she was misgendered as a trans woman in the beginning, but her family said that was inaccurate. I just want to say almost always, probably always, the family is the least accurate narrator in death. Yeah, you want to know who the person was, talk to their friends.
Speaker 2: Right, And it was her friends who supported the narrative of her being a trans woman, right.
Speaker 1: And there is a quote from I believe it was twenty twenty one where she talks about her transition.
Speaker 2: Correct.
Speaker 1: So the part that bothered me was seeing a correction. I'm trying to move from where we didn't link to the article, and maybe that's for the best, but again it was it was definitely a queer news outlet correcting the fact that this was a trans person. I think that now there's enough, and I did wait. She was also known as Mabel. Her friends called her Mabel, and in twenty twenty one, Mabel reflected on the trials and tribulations I had to go through when I transitioned. Okay, gay men who are just drag queens don't transition. Correct, that's not a thing. It's not a word that applies. So you know, I think it's reasonable to say that a black family didn't accept the transport, right, and yeah, that happens.
Speaker 2: Because we've seen that happenings that they're black.
Speaker 1: But you know, her family looked at the whole thing, was not accepting. We we saw this with your best friends.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm saying. We've seen this with queer CIS people, where you know, there's the person that we know and knew, and then there's the story that the family wants to I mean the married lesbian if we're speaking specifically, Yeah, right, but we knew it married lesbian and mom and dad went all the way back to childhood to eulogize and talk about right in the fucking past or read her fucking Facebook bio. Yeah, yeah, that's the case.
Speaker 1: I mean, that was the only like thing that sort of remotely went to what they were saying, because you've missed a couple of weddings in there for one thing.
Speaker 2: Right, that's the part that one of the parts that really pissed me off because they they you know, said she was dada da da da da da da da, And I was like that sounds familiar? Why does that sound familiar? And then later on I looked at her Facebook and that was her fucking bio word for goddamn word, Like you didn't know her right, right? But what do you expect when you know the family referred to her wife as the woman that lives in my daughter's house.
Speaker 1: Exactly exactly, And that's what happened. And just a note to journalists, if you know at a queer fucking news outlet, don't quote the family right. Where trans people are concerned, you go talk to their friends, right, go talk to the people they worked for, even in the clubs. Before you talk to mom and dad who are a grieving the death of their child, but b are the ones who are most likely to miss gender right. It bothered me a lot because I just kept looking back and forth and got you know, this is not back in the day. Back in the day, things were looser unless we didn't have the language right, So Marcia p pay it no mind, Johnson. You know, if we want to talk about Marcia, and you know, did she use her birth name at home with her family or she did? She did? She was a queen if anything, probably though Randy Wicker says, you know, if we really would have the terminology she probably we probably would have called her a trans woman, right, but that you know, she didn't self identify quite in the same way Sylvia did. And you know, so there's room for interpretations where I'm going, this is not that right, This is not we're not living where we don't have the words.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: No one talks about transitioning unless they transition.
Speaker 2: Right. If everyone outside of the house, everyone outside of the house, has one version of you.
Speaker 1: And they're calling her she, right, But this particular paper.
Speaker 2: Used he, right, And the only version that refutes that is that story being told inside of the house. That seems pretty cut and dry.
Speaker 1: To me, right, right, because normally what happens is we're misgendered initially and then it's corrected.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: This is saying that she was initially called a trans woman and that was she she He was being misgendered because his family said no, no, no, no, he just did drag right, he wouldn't trans.
Speaker 2: Which says to me that the family threatened a lawsuit if they said anything different.
Speaker 1: Well maybe, but that's bullshit, because I agree, you can back it up, but that's not who you go to I agree. I'm sorry. I'm sorry for the You know, we know a lot of loving and supportive families that do get it right before also seen them get it wrong more than off more. I have a jar pen thank you, which is a whole story. But yeah, this was upsetting because it was queer press, right, who should fucking know better? Who should know better? Who should know better? And among y'all you decided, well, they must know. How many lesbians get buried in pretty gowns? How many gay men we didn't you know died and the partners not mentioned and the whole life goes away. I mean, that's what happened, you know with your friend talk about she was in her forties, right?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Or were you all just turning? No, you're all just turning? What forty three? Is that forty or forty forty four?
Speaker 2: Maybe I would have to go to count the pat have to count the pennies.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we should probably tell that story because it makes no sense without telling the story. But we went to the funeral and we went out to eat afterwards, and it was I would say, her closest friends, right, you and the two or three that were very close friends, and y'all were talking about just what a travesty this funeral was. It was it was a joke. You know, this was a lesbian. We knew her exactly right, thank you? Whose wife was in the fucking room? Yeah, but not acknowledged in the program, not acknowledged in any of it. What they put her in, like a lavender fucking pinafore was not the.
Speaker 2: Only part that we accurate was the lavender part.
Speaker 1: Right, but not the style of it. Looked like she didn't she wouldn't have. She did not own that. I don't think. Yeah, I think they chose that. And it wasn't too long after the funeral that and that's where I think we started talking about we should host a memorial for her actual friends and invite her wife and celebrate the life that was not the life that her parents.
Speaker 2: Right, And we did that at our bar.
Speaker 1: But we write the pennies were before the pennies made the decision. Yeah, no, that was after what what now? Because you started finding pennies. We went to the funeral, we said it was an atrocity. We floated the idea of a memorial, and then everyone went back their lives and you started to find random pennies right.
Speaker 2: This laying its member now, yeah, the bar. Yeah.
Speaker 1: And on the third day or so, you said, this is her.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then right, because they were they all seemed very randomly placed, but intentionally placed, right, And they would be in places that like I would be the only one in the bar and I'm cleaning, and it would be in a spot that I had just cleaned, and it'd just be.
Speaker 1: Like and there there were john place. I mean, this is this is some this is some what the fuck shit? Right, because we weren't doing it and there was no human involved. I mean, even if a human was placed, because we found some outside too, not the one's inside because the bar was locked overnight and there's pennies in the morning that weren't there when we closed. Right. So anyway, you did set because y'all were turning. It's forty three or forty.
Speaker 2: Four, I think, I want to say forty four.
Speaker 1: And you both had a birthday near each other, yes, And you said she.
Speaker 2: Was always twelve days older than.
Speaker 1: Me, and I never let her forget it, right, And you said, if this stops at forty four, right, it's her yep. And you know because because we're turning forty four.
Speaker 2: And and I said that to you and only you, right.
Speaker 1: And I think we found forty three and I sat down on the bench outside and damn if there wasn't a forty fourth one right there on the little ledge.
Speaker 2: And that was the last one we found.
Speaker 1: And that was the last, the last penny, and then no more. And they were some on the step. There would be three in a row on the steps. Yeah, they were just.
Speaker 2: They were placed where they would be found, right, but not easily.
Speaker 1: And we were discovered advertising that was happening, and it kept happening in places that even if somebody was fussing with us, right they how would they have known? How would they First of all, they wouldn't have gotten in the bar, a locked bar, Yeah, and you know, could they have left them outside maybe? But where they were left was just so random. And then the thing that was beyond was they stopped at forty four. Yeah, that was it. Yeah. And then we planned and held a memorial and included her wife. We never found another penny, No, but we have we have the jar.
Speaker 2: I mean I found pennies the way you want pennies, but not like did not feel the same at all.
Speaker 1: No, that was a that was a period of time and they were uh, you couldn't miss them. But they all felt intentional. But again, there were enough of them. There was no way somebody like it, just unless you were doing it right.
Speaker 2: And I was not right.
Speaker 1: You were the only one that could have been. Yeah, I don't and we would have held a memorial because you said so. You would didn't have to leave pennies and freak me out, right, So we when I.
Speaker 2: See change, I just put in my pocket. I don't place it intentionally anywhere.
Speaker 1: But you know, you knew that kind of right away because y'all were so connected, right and so close, and you said, this is what's happening. And she wants us to do what we said we were going to do because that did not honor her life, right, and it left her spouse out in the cold. Yeah, I mean she was allowed to be present and that was it. Yeah, And so we did and it was lovely, you know, but yeah, we still have those forty four pennies. It fucking matters to us. And you're rarely going to get an accurate depiction of especially a queerer trans person's life by asking their parents. Unfortunately, and you know this, this human was forty two. I'm going to say the parents are at least in their sixties, which is very young. Yeah, or seventy, which at this point you should know better. But maybe that was reality to them, right. Maybe she never actually chose to say yo, right, could be, could be. But that doesn't mean a man died, correct, correct, And it doesn't mean that you know, a major creerent news source should be listening to the family above, the friends above, what was possible to know publicly and again quotes of transition. So rest in power Shale. Yes, she did bring a lot to the community. She did work for the community, and you know, used our art form not just to win pageants but in support of the community. Exactly. Yeah. So I want to take a break and we'll come back with good news. Yeah, we'll be right back.
Speaker 5: And we're back, We're back.
Speaker 1: I love always to focus on the responses to bullshit. So right at the top of good news, I wanted to share the billboards that are all over Kansas right now that say God made trans people you. They hit the Kansas Highway after the state revoked trans People's IDs and this was the end of march. Organizers with Mayday Health say The message is meant to affirm trans kansins as state policy moves to erase them from public life. This is abhorrent to what they're trying to do or what they are doing in Kansas. It is. You know, there are those who are saying, we're just they're trying to walk us right toward genocide. Yeah, taking away ID. I talked about that a little bit. I talked about that a little bit at super I said, you know, I don't know if y'all have thought about how unsafe this makes trans people, right, having to produce an ID that outs them every time they need an ID, not to mention what it does to you psychologically, not to mention what it does to your spirit. But that's the point. Cruelty is the only point they have. Right.
Speaker 2: So people aren't meant to live with this much a drug in coursing through their bloodstream at such a steady rate.
Speaker 1: Right. So this is a four week campaign. It spans major corridors in Kansas City, Topeka, and wichital seven billboards should reach more than one point two million drivers over the month. I just love the response, you know, not that it won't be dismissed, but good right, because yeah, if there's a God and God created people. God created trans people period, period, and I think maybe we're here to make y'all find yourself and Jesus. I don't know, but something would be nice. The Kansas governor, you know, who had originally vetoed this shit and then you know, the red legislature over rode, apologized to a transactivist who was practicing civil disobedience in the capital. Ban activist Samantha Boucher used a women's bathroom three times intentionally to trigger a misdemeanor under Kansas law, and she got an apology from Governor Laura Kelly. She was pushing them to like, how are you going to enforce this shit and what are you going to do?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: So, I mean, good for her, but SB two forty four is the law pushed through by Republicans in February that bans trans people from using bathrooms and government buildings that match their gender identity. So she made sure she went in there not once, not twice, but three times and had a law enforcement officer with her at the time. Great.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a better apology would be banning the law.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she told the governor, I appreciate your veto, but again it was overridden by the Republican supermajority. So it's kind of like a supermajority of Republicans might not be a good idea, right. I am very sorry that you and others are being put in this situation, the governor said. Boucher walked away and shouted, and now we will see if the Attorney general chooses to enforce the law. Boop. Yeah. Her going into the restroom was witnessed by Capitol police officers. Police took her to a private room and later told a news outlet that they were investigating the situation but would not take legal action at this time. Two violations may result in a one thousand dollars civil fine, according to the law's text, while a third may be charged as a Class B misdemeanor. That's why she went in a third time. Now. What I hope to have accomplished here and in whatever I've become embroiled in as a result, is making sure that the nation doesn't forget that this is happening here. This law is unprecedented, and it cannot be allowed to stand because the domino effect that it's going to have across the country is going to be profound, Kansas, we get scrappier when you put us against a wall. But you know, to go and keep going. Mm hmm. You know, our resolution is only going to come through Congress and the courts at this point. And that's why we need to make sure midterms occur that bar yeah, and and uh, control of our countries is arrested away from these these just sick, villainous people. Moving on.
Speaker 2: New data shows a vast majority of American support trans rights. That's good to know.
Speaker 1: I know, despite all these bills, and I've been saying this. This is a new survey of over one thousand respondents. Eighty five percent of Americans believe that transgender people should have the same rights and protections as everyone else. The sentiment was agreed upon by ninety two percent of Democrats, seventy six percent of Republicans, and eighty seven percent of independence there's your voters, right, there's your your populaces. This is what people are saying, right. Yeah. The survey was conducted by SSRs and funded by the Human Rights Campaign Foundation. It also found that over four in ten Americans now know a trans person, which has arise from just one in three in previous surveys. While twenty seven percent of Americans say that they regularly have conversations with trans people, Previous research has shown that knowing a transperson corresponds with increased support for trans issues unless you're hiring us, yes, I know, for your dirty deeds, and anyway they know a transperson. At least there's coin. A large majority of Americans agreed that trans people should be able to access the healthcare they need eighty nine percent, be protected from employment discrimination that's seventy nine percent, and protected from discrimination and harassment in schools eighty three percent of respondents.
Speaker 2: That's a lot.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Notably, a majority of Republicans believe that trans people should be protected from discrimination in both harenas as well.
Speaker 2: Oh those are those same Republicans I hear about.
Speaker 1: So when are we going to be tired enough of the actual pedophiles and the actual rapists and sexual offenders trying to say that we're the ones to be afraid of, Like, when are we all going to go? You know what, stop right? I think we're doing that we've seen, you know the results that we're seeing even in deep red areas where people are using their primaries and losing their seats is indicative of what's going on. They've had it with this that they'd actually maybe like you to govern, that would be nice and leave trans people alone.
Speaker 2: That'd be great.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I mean, and I've said this, it's a twisted benefit, but the more they talk about us, the more you have the opportunity to get to know actual things about us, right, right, The more you have access to facts about us, the more fact checking there is, the more studies are actually being funded. So we'll talk about some that shouldn't be Yeah, how about it. Amazing people want you to knock it off. And medical decisions should be made, you know, especially for minors, should be made between a parent and the healthcare expert, the doctor, because I want these Republicans to start seeing a plumber every time they have a medical issue. Right, If they're going to keep fucking with us and listening to our doctors, I don't think they should have access to them, right, Yeah, I think we should send them to a politician and I don't know, have a little surgery kit that we give them when they take their congressional oath. Why not makes as much sense, doesn't it? Yeah? Yeah, I said they should stop playing doctor and I met it. Here's something you probably never thought you'd hear me say. Uh oh yay, Georgia What Every single bit of anti LGBTQ legislation in Georgia was defeated as their twenty twenty sixth session ended. Bamn yeah, the executive director of Georgia Equality said, scapegoating lgbt Q plus Georgian's is not a winning political strategy.
Speaker 2: Exactly.
Speaker 1: Wave after wave of anti LGBTI swept through Georgia this legislative cycle, but according to one state civil rights organization, every single one of them failed. After a late night at the capitol to finish out the twenty twenty six legislative session. We could not be more excited to share that we did it. We successfully defeated all of the nearly fifteen pieces of anti LGBTQ legislation.
Speaker 2: And that was Georgia Equality on Blue scot and not just in Atlanta. So Georgia Equality tracked twenty five hundred Peach State residents who contacted their legislators and nearly four hundred who trekked to the capitol to fight for LGBTQ rights over the last few weeks. This session. We stopped every bill targeting LGBTQ Georgians, even in spite of underhanded political maneuvers, said Jeff Graham, the group's executive director, in a statement last week. Thousands of Georgians from over sixty counties came together to successfully defeat every last one, despite state leadership fixating on restricting LGBTQ plus rights as their core priority over the past years. We made it clear that scapegoating LGBTQ plus Georgians is not a winning political strategy.
Speaker 1: Bitch, I added the bitchmark, Yes you did. There was HB fifty four, which began as a bill on home health care workers, only to be hijacked by Republicans and twisted into an attempted ban on puberty blockers to treat transgender youth. This is what they do. This is what they do. There was the Riley Gaines Act. She's got shit named after her.
Speaker 2: I know, well, they gotta have something that you know. Never mind.
Speaker 1: The Riley Gaines Act is that's scratching your sores ooh, named for an anti transactivist whose political career was launched after tying for fifth play. We can't say it often enough in a college swim meet. Yeah, I was gonna say.
Speaker 2: The only Riley Gains act I know is losing and then bitching about it.
Speaker 1: Yeah. That bill would have forced trans students out of the changing rooms and locker rooms that match their gender identity. There was SB seventy four, which could have criminalized librarians who provided LGBTQ books to minors. Let's see other measures that tanked included a forced outing bill for queer students, a drag ban, and a bill to create an exemption for non affirming parents and caretakers to abuse transuse. Go Georgia, Yeah really, go Georgia.
Speaker 2: I I can't put. I can't wrap my mind around being in favor of harming children like I just can't.
Speaker 1: I can't either, And that's what they're doing. But they label it saving them, right, and they have convinced, you know, the people that follow them, no matter what they say, and forget about all you know, common sense, right, will parrot this bullshit. Let kids be kids, Yeah, that's what we're doing, right, We're actually letting kids. The difference between us is we let trans kids be kids, right, because they tell us who they are. It's always gonna work that way. No matter what you jackals do.
Speaker 2: Right, it's not let kids be kids, but only in the way we want them to.
Speaker 1: No, so they label it as protection, but it's nothing but cruelty. Truly. Yeah, it is hard to wrap your mind around it. Why are you so invested in my healthcare? What do you give a shit?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: How am I affecting your life one little bit? Oh wait, if you can make an issue out of me, the fact that you know you're diddling children, I guess no one will notice. I guess while you pass laws against me. That's what's literally fucking happening in this country. And they do their shit in the name of g Maybe I should start wearing a cross. You think that went home? I don't.
Speaker 2: I was going to say I wouldn't do that.
Speaker 1: God knows they do. What are we watching? What's the tea for? It is a great, great response to a check where across Let's see where are we? The UN overwhelmingly votes against US proposal limiting the definition of gender. Yay, right, and of course they did. The United Nations have overwhelmingly voted against considering a proposal from the United States, of course, that would ask UN members states to define gender as referring only to men and women. The US introduced the resolution on the final day of the UN's seventieth Annual Commission on the Status of Women it's Women's Rights Conference on nineteen March. On March nineteenth, I know because it's not an American publication. In a draft seen by the publication pass Blue, the US noted quote the many meanings or connotations of the term gender that have become common in recent years and that are different from accepted prior usage. It claimed that the Beijing Declaration on Women's Rights from nineteen ninety five defined gender as such, but a letter from the Women's Rights Caucus sent to delegates last week said that the Commission did not hold specific definition of gender.
Speaker 2: Why are people so afraid of a spectrum?
Speaker 1: Great question? Great question? When it came to the US's resolution, Belgium's representatives said that it was factually incorrect, of course it was, and that it attempts to right the Beijing Declaration. Belgium called for a no action motion to stop the proposal moving forward. A total of twenty three countries voted with Belgium, while seventeen abstained and just two Pakistan and Chile. Voted in line with the United States.
Speaker 2: Okay, hey, okay.
Speaker 1: Some of the member states that abstained from voting, including Italy, did so as the United States failed to follow due process in presenting the motion, but noted that their national policies aligned with the US grand So yeah, it's a mixed bag, but at the end of the day, the UN made some goddamn sense.
Speaker 2: It's so weird seeing the US not being referred to as the shiny example of forward thinking.
Speaker 1: Well, we can't be when we have this in the White House, I know, And that's you know, and these are the people that pick our government and we have a bunch of unqualified yahoos running our nation.
Speaker 2: Because usually, see I'm used to, my brain is used to when a country sides against the US in terms of like you know, social change and innovation, Like they're the ones that are like on the wrong side of history.
Speaker 1: Not anymore.
Speaker 2: It's so weird. We're in the upside down.
Speaker 1: While we are, but that's where we belong. With a president like this, with quote unquote leadership like this, I hate it here. Yeah, yeah, I'm waiting for another country to take out our dictator because we think because just this is the world that we're living in. They must be keeping him very very locked up for real mm hm, because we think we can go in and do whatever we want, which we've pretty much always thought. But we were showing her strength.
Speaker 2: They can't even take his phone away.
Speaker 1: Apparently not. This one was fun.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah. Vivian Wilson turns Elon Musk's anti trans comment into fundraiser for LGBTQ plus Youth.
Speaker 1: I love the way that she plays out her daddy issues.
Speaker 6: Truly, so she launched her Evil Woke Mind Virus merch line, benefiting the Trevor Project.
Speaker 2: Wack. Her new product line is both the middle finger to her estranged father, Elon Musk and a way to give back to LGBTQ plus Youth. At the end of last month, the twenty one year old model announced the launch of a line of merch featuring the phrase evil Woke Mind Virus, available via her open Wave storefront.
Speaker 1: I love it, I do too.
Speaker 2: The slogan, emblazoned on T shirts, ball caps, tope bags, and other items, is a snarky reference to one of Musk's many anti trans social media posts about her how much do they cost and where can I get them? Late last year.
Speaker 1: Find the link, put it in the you.
Speaker 2: Know I will late last year. Musky.
Speaker 1: Mm hm, we should start calling him that Musky Musky.
Speaker 2: He posted a video clip from a New York Times interview in which Gavin Newsom touted his work on quote pro trans legislation. We're sorry your daughter hates you, Elon. Newsom's press office responded to america Packs post referring to Wilson's estrangement from Musk due to his anti tree trans bigotry. Muskie then responded with his own posts in which he misgendered and dead named his daughter. Of course, he did, and falsely accused her of having quote a tragic mental illness caused by the evil woke mind virus.
Speaker 1: Oh daddy, I love this kid.
Speaker 2: Uh huh I do?
Speaker 1: I love her?
Speaker 2: She is Sophia's Yeah, everyone like everyone loves.
Speaker 1: Her and they should and they should and you know, she's like, go stand over there. I don't give a fuck about your warrior money.
Speaker 2: She's an unofficially official Colby because Sasha Colby took her under her wing, like girl, come here, I love you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there we go. Mercury, Stardust and Point of Pride have raised three hundred thousand dollars for trans Healthcare and I just wanted to shout it out during their fifth annual stream athon for trans health. Their goal is to raise a million dollars by the end of April. Stardust is also known as the trans Handymam right, and she is an influencer who shares home repair tips, the author of two books on the subject. What started as a drag show and a dive bar to raise one thousand dollars for gender affirming care for local trans community members turned into a twenty four hour live stream to raise twenty four thousand that has now grown into the largest trans focused fundraiser in the world. Awesome, Yeah, awesome.
Speaker 2: We know about trans Handymam because of our friend of the pod Amberlin.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I think she is the one that talks about our Yeah, I love that. Point of Pride is the organization she's now partnered with. They are a nonprofit. They celebrate their tenth anniversary this year. They came out of efforts to raise enough money for the founder's gender a farming care. They are, I'm going to say a nonprofit foundation. They raise and award grants. They also distributed thirty thousand binders in shapewear. They help provide gender firming care to people in off fifty states in over one hundred and twenty countries.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 1: Yeah. They have five programs people can apply for, four of which are open to people getting procedures done in the US and have application cycles that are open at certain times a year. The fifth, which is their garment program, is open year round and open worldwide. Very cool. Their upcoming application cycle starts in May for the HRT Access Fund work. Yeah, so this is still going on, Yes, I believe so. Right, So if so, we will definitely share a link for how folks can donate and also access the programs that are there to help transfok I love it me too, fun Yeah, I love it. Okay one more just because again along with the theme of I Love responses, Desanta spand Pride crosswalks in Florida. So Miami Beach painted rainbows in a park yep instead. Yeah, and I just saw this. I think it was an Idaho like Boise. They you know, said that they're not allowed to have Pride flags, so they painted all the flagpoles in Pride colors. Uh huh. I just love good responses.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I saw another one like, oh, we can't have the crosswalks, okay, fine, so the entire sidewalk they.
Speaker 1: Made, Yeah the sidewalk. Yeah, now have a rule about that. Huh. Yeah. Yeah. When the Disanta administration painted over a rainbow colored crosswalk outside of what used to be Paulse Nightclub where forty nine people were killed, that was kind of a lastro yeah m hm, and trans community members repainted the tribute themselves. Many other cities have attempted to stand their ground and resist the removal of the crosswalks. Though most have been removed, cities and businesses have gotten creative, installing rainbow bike racks, moving rainbow crosswalks, two sidewalks, painting private parking lots, yep, and even displaying rainbow laser beams in the night sky. Take that right. This is we gotta be creative, folks. We got to keep being who we are.
Speaker 2: And this is the thing that I really wish these motherfuckers would realize. It's like, you know, they think of queer people as the shy kid they used to beat up in high school, and they think that that's all that they're ever going to be, just because they haven't fucking grown an inch, oh sign power Exactly. It's like, while you were busy trying to like everyone else, we were figuring out ways to be as creative is as humanly possible, while you were stalking the halls looking for us, we learned to be like resilient and resourceful and adaptive, you know what I'm saying. It's like the whole time you were like being set in your little cis had ways, we were learning how to navigate you, and you know what, that made us smarter than you.
Speaker 1: It did so and we're resilient, right and so much less snowflaky exactly.
Speaker 2: So it's like learn to just you don't even know who your enemy is.
Speaker 1: You think you do right right, Some Miami Beach is basically putting in a big rainbow brick path in all cost about one hundred thousand dollars. Ha mm hmm. But the Miami Beach City Commission, Oh this is a quote. When the state forced removed the crosswalk and there was a crosswalk, there was a rainbow crosswalk right there. Anyway, it was our straight allies on the Miami Beach City Commission who ensured our gay community would not be pushed into the shadows. According to Commissioner Alex J. Fernandez, the only openly gay member of the City Commission, I'm deeply grateful to my straight colleagues for their leadership and upholding the uncompromising values of love, compassion, and equality. It is a powerful reminder that our allies will help us overcome this moment. Yeah yeah, And we need you as long as you're not an asshole. Okay. So what they're doing is building a new version of the Rainbow Crosswalk in Loomis Park near the original location on Ocean Drive and twelve Street, and the display is made up of thirty six hundred and six colorful pavers designed by Savino Miller Design Studio, which will be placed brick by brick in the park, followed by an unveiling said later this week. So I assume it's already happened.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, where.
Speaker 1: The new park display is meant to be permanent installation. In February, the Miami Beach City Commission allocated up to one hundred twenty thousand from the city's twenty twenty five year end surplus to design and install the replica crosswalk in the park. You h project is expected to cost about one hundred thousand, and it will use both original pavers and along with new ones to create a new rainbow sidewalk, and there will also be a plaque explaining the history of the display, and commissioner Joe Magazine has pledged to donate benches to the park.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So if I can ever go back to floridaga and I would love to see it. I know, I hope to be happy with pictures until then, right, but hey.
Speaker 2: So the original crosswalk was at Ocean Drive and Twelfth and Ocean Drive is arguably one of the gayest streets in the country.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, shit. Try to drive at night without a drag queen interrupting the flow. You can't as she's performing, right. I know you.
Speaker 2: Cannot, right, because you can try, but then one of the staff from the bar will stop you, and then she'll climb on your car.
Speaker 1: There are people and businesses and places we adore in Florida. We're still not going back while they have these hateful laws in place, unfortunately, because I'm not safe there exactly. I mean even in Miami Beach, because you know of DeSantis's cruel. I want to know if I need emergency medical assistance, I won't get a period, and I won't necessarily get it in Florida. So hey, I hope it really hurts your tourism anyway. Another lovely response. So I added this as a category because sometimes I don't know where to put things. So I have one story that I'm just going to call water is wet Okay. The largest physician organization in the United States reaffirms gender affirming care is medically necessary. This came out on March twenty sixth. The American Medical Association is setting the record straight on trans people's healthcare, expressing its full support of keeping decisions in the hands of doctors, patients, and their families. The American Medical Association, also known as the AMA, has reaffirmed that gender affirming care for trans miners, including some surgeries, is medically sound and that access to this life saving care should not be impeded damn it. In their March newsletter, the nation's largest physician organization stated its position unequivocally. Quote the AMA supports gender affirming care as medically necessary per our policy end quote. The letter further clarified that the board does not endorse the controversial position statements from the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, issued this past February. The document was created after meeting with Trump officials and repeatedly cited by anti trans accolytes grasping for a scientific reason to support transphobia. So basically, paper written by Duress over a bunch of sycophants did not impress the AMA. And good right, Yeah, that's what I wanted to say.
Speaker 2: So what you're saying to me is water is wet.
Speaker 1: It is still, how about it? I dig it? Okay, moving on, because there's a lot here. It's time for our favorite segment, which we like to call people taking pleasure in name.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeahad ah.
Speaker 1: So this is uh, I'm just say it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is from last week.
Speaker 3: I know, I love it.
Speaker 2: I love it. Trump fires Pam Bandy.
Speaker 1: Yep ha ha ha. Just be because, you know, yeah, just because each their own. I hope she never has exactly that's what's happening. I hope she never has another job in life except in maybe the prison laundry where she belongs. And let's not be joyful about any replacement. Who I think it's I don't know, Jim Bob wrestler or some shit will always be worse than the last one. Right, But the part that's I'm sorry delicious is Pam Bondy packing her fucking desk yea bagger. Yeah, at least they let you gather these things before you had to put the handcuffs on. And I can't wait for that. One of our favorite people.
Speaker 2: Oh yes, little miss fifth Yes, Riley Gaines was brutally mocked after Thank God, after blaming trans people for winning her dentistry career.
Speaker 1: Right see, without even reading it, she's saying that she didn't get into dental school because of the quote, I gotta no fifth place swimmer has ever been less silenced in the history of anything.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, because for someone that's been silent, she will not shut the fuck up.
Speaker 1: I know. So it starts anti transactivist and fifth place swimmer. Lely Gaines is getting attention on social media after she made a video complaining her dream of going to dentistry school was ruined by pro trans university officials because they don't want that fucking bigot in their school. Right and good yeah, good, oh god, she said woke university administrators meeting with a brain despite the fact that she had spun her fifteen minutes of fame when she died from swim. Yeah, they don't want her for daring to say that men and women are different. I've lost friends, of course. The mea has been dishonest to me. I've been called every name in the book, not everyone, but we're trying my university.
Speaker 2: I've read a lot of books.
Speaker 3: Huh.
Speaker 1: I never get a job, she claimed. Yeah, no employer would ever hire me because they would hook me up and see that I'm a trans blubb You are, Blanche. May the Republican Party keep paying your bills. You dun't grunt.
Speaker 2: Now is the perfect time to point out that to me, white tears tastes like raspberry.
Speaker 1: Charles is sipping from his white tears smug as I speak. Uh, they do.
Speaker 7: I wanted to go to Deatle school, and they did that. I would never get into a dental school, no detal school whatever, even look at my obligation that I spoke up about.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, honey, this is the only career you're ever going to fucking have. Are you telling me? The wheels have fallen off? Being fifth place? Right? Like no one's feeling your pain anymore? What what's happening. It's unclear if she ever even tried to become a dentist, by the way, or if the unnamed administrator's alleged comments turned her into a quitter. God I love coverage. Since college, Gaines has appeared on Fox News, had her name as a byeline on several books, started hawking supplements, financial services, and ivermactin, and going on speaking tours. According to mother Jones, who reported in twenty twenty four that she charges as much as twenty five thousand dollars for appearances. Uh huh okay. In fact, she has a larger platform than most people because hate sells in America right now. Yeah, I mean, you know, may the scabs you pick be your own? Oh, I'm sorry about people do love.
Speaker 2: To celebrate participation trophies. I mean, look how many silvil worry enactments talk.
Speaker 1: About a nothing little girl making something out of nothing for herself at the expense of a trans woman. She has ridden that until the wheels fell off. But apparently she can't get into dental school. Good. I hope she can't. It's almost I don't want that bitch in my mouth.
Speaker 2: You can take that out however you like. It's almost like, you know, people with standards don't don't want you, sweetie. That's why you came in fifth.
Speaker 1: That had nothing to do with She's just not a good swimmer. That's why she came in fifth. Well, yeah, she's not that good.
Speaker 2: There were standards, and because of those standards, she was fifth.
Speaker 1: See. Yeah, which would have been just another Tuesday, right, except she found a way to make hate pay at great expense, by the way to Leah Thomas, a human being who did not deserve the smoke or the scrutiny.
Speaker 2: Correct, Why can't you.
Speaker 1: Belong in hell with Pam BONDI?
Speaker 2: Why can't she just be like other people who may or may not have talent in other areas and just sell feet picks?
Speaker 1: Did you just ask me to explain the Karens of the world. I'm not doing it.
Speaker 2: It was I can't.
Speaker 1: It was a rhetorical question. And you ain't seen her feet You don't know, you don't know. You make a good point, Yeah, can I imagine? I imagine they're hateful and chubby like the restaurant who wants a picture of that? Yeah, I don't have time for her. Trump breaks a record as a new pole delivers a brutal verdict on his president. Say, let's see what this says. I love the headline already.
Speaker 2: I believe it's went something like this boom.
Speaker 1: He reached an unwanted milestone once again. According to the latest poll from the University of Massachusetts. Amherst found that his approval rating has fallen to thirty three.
Speaker 2: That still feels high.
Speaker 1: It feels really fucking high, right, but it is in fact the lowest rating since he returned to the White House. It is a five percentage point drop from last July and an eleven percentage point decline from last April. Uh huh. His disapproval rating, meanwhile, stands at sixty two percent.
Speaker 2: That feels low.
Speaker 1: I know, I know, I think there's that percentage of oh no, probably in this right. So so sixty two and thirty three, what is that? So that leaves two percent or something I don't know, Yeah, like two percent, which is you know, this is getting close to accurate, because that's I think, maggot is you know, no more than thirty percent of you know, the percentage of the population personally. But what do I know?
Speaker 2: I guess to me, it feels like a high number because there's not a minus sign in front of him.
Speaker 1: There should be a minus. I agree, I agree, but it's fun every time it drops, and I know that he notices every fucking time it drops.
Speaker 2: I hope when they revealed the number, someone was blowing a slide whistle.
Speaker 1: Okay, so there's one more right, Yes, the slide whistle. Here's a perfect place for it. Remember Christie Noom, Oh, good lord, the everyone who got fired. So her husband and we're gonna be careful about how we talk about this. Yeah, has been accused quote of a bimbo cross dressing fetish. In leaked messages and photos, girl Brian Noom allegedly dressed in a makeshift breastplate and dressed in tight pants and a crop top.
Speaker 2: And by makeshift we mean crooked.
Speaker 1: Yes, they're they're they're sisters, not twins anyway. Uh. He has allegedly been cross dressing and messaging sex workers who specialize in bimbo fication to turn him quote into a girl end quote. Yeah. In hundreds of messages received by the Daily Mail, the fifty six year old is allegedly shown messaging sex workers who specialize in bimboification. Which is a type of role play fetish that involves being turned into a stereotypical bimbo or barbie dolls in some cases.
Speaker 2: Yes, I have a friend who sometimes specializes in that.
Speaker 1: Brian messaged three sex workers that he enjoyed their huge, huge, ridiculous boobs and sent over twenty five thousand dollars to them. In one of the photos included in the report, he appears to be wearing a large makeshift breastplate made of balloons, under a peach tup and type pink shorts. Another appears to show South Dakota's former first gentleman pouting in a selfie wearing green tight pants and another balloon stuff wrapped up.
Speaker 8: You know what, Yeah, I am relishing in the fact that this has been made public and that it couldn't happen to a nicer woman.
Speaker 1: I got no problem with kinks, and I got no problem with truly any of this. Obviously to each their own. However, However, when you go about destroying queer and trans people or your wife does, I don't really give a fuck because you were, yeah, and then your kinks are added. I have no sympathy, none, none, I don't I can't feel bad for either one of you. If people are laughing and misrepresenting this, I don't actually give one flying fuck because of all the people you've hurt. Again, this has nothing to do with kink shaming. No, this has nothing to do like do you know you do you baby? But again, when your job is to seriously harm queer and trans people and you have nothing but derogatory words for us, and then we find pictures of you once again, fuck you. Msnam is devastated. A spokesperson for Christy Noom told The New York Post the family was blindsided by this. It's just the shadow of the bloom, and they ask for privacy and prayers at the time. No, no, mmm, no, no, no, no, no, I'm sorry. She was head of the DHS. She did give one fuck about the privacy of everyone she you know, the families she tore apart, put into detention, all the lies she told on Trump's behalf. She didn't she had no compassion for anyone else. So no, fuck her and her privacy and uh yeah, yeah, I hope this is yet another reason you never have a job again. Truly, truly, And the one thing I did see that came out of this is Republican women find more gay men to marry than gay men do. But this doesn't mean he's gay. This is a kink, right, This is a it's a kink, you know, I don't. I'm not saying that doesn't make them a straight man, because usually these kinks follow around with this man. Yeah, they've got them. It's the fact that they hide them and then they condemn anyone else who has them that makes this.
Speaker 2: I was just laughing because I basically cracked myself up because in my head I referred to him as a cock guy titty have an ass, bitch. That just set me off.
Speaker 1: I think someone said. I commented on Alexander Billings post and said you think you know him, but you really don't. And Alexander said, you want the internet today? It was funny, objectively funny.
Speaker 2: Welcome to the stage, titty Askew.
Speaker 1: There you go, that perfect drag name for this one again. Sexual kinks, slash proclivities slash whatever you're into, uh whatever. You know. The problem is that one of the reasons people like this fight against us is because this is how they see the word world as a kink and a fetish and you know something that they sexualize, and therefore they cannot imagine that's not how all of us live, correct, And they cannot imagine that someone who was ostensibly male would know themselves to be female and do the work of whatever transition to make themselves comfortable. They can't comprehend that because their fetish doesn't have room for that. Right, I'm big enough to say, have at it. You know, the fact that your wife didn't know is no big surprise to me because they usually don't, right, And I doubt you have the kind of marriage where you can be honest with each other because you're not honest with anyone. Right, you're fucking liars. You're paid liars, and you've done so much your wife is anyway, and she's done more destruction to this country than many, and she belongs in jail. I just hope that her cellmate posts pictures of Hubby on the wall with his balloons in his crop tup her altcy.
Speaker 2: And her vision will be fucked up if she tries to look at them both at the same time.
Speaker 1: Whatever, whatever. Yeah, the shutting for it is all on her, but hey, if you're not doing it in secret in the dark, then nobody can out you for you know what, if you run and tell for yourself, it's over right. Yeah, that's power. This couldn't happen to a nicer gal. Right after being fired from her cabinet position, from the cabinet to hubby's closet, she went none of it. None of it. I don't think a happy please. Yeah, I hope she has the life she deserves.
Speaker 2: That part, I feel that part is accurate.
Speaker 1: And I hope there are more photos. Yeah, I hope I did that well because again, no kink shame, no no king shaming, no kink shaming. And again, you know I've said before, not a secret. The only time I agree withouting someone is, you know, if by day their work is to marginalize others. Lindsey Graham should be out. And I'm waiting for the rent point it spills the tea.
Speaker 2: I'm just laughing at the fact that your your nipples remind me of of sweet pussy Pauline. One's looking at the dresser and the other ones in the closet dough.
Speaker 1: H And that's okay, that's not okay, that's okay. Oh shit, Yeah, this has been your moment of.
Speaker 6: Employ people taking pleasure.
Speaker 1: So before we roll out to the break, Uh huh, do you have a fifteen minute save? I yell, Okay, this is a song.
Speaker 2: That I liked for a few years, but it didn't It hit me different when I was hearing it in the car the other day.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: It's a song from twenty fifteen, actually, and I first encountered it when it was used on A World of Dance. It is wild Things by Alessia Kara, and you know it. It's a cute, poppy ass song on the surface, but then I actually listened to the lyrics and it just seems appropriate for like the way I feel now. It's like, you know, everything about us goes against what you think we should be, and our way is better, and so fine, find me over here. You know, I make no apologies for the way I am. I make no apologies for being We're different than you. Find me where the wild Things are. We'll be over here while you get your shit together or don't. Okay, So we're gonna go out to the break with Wild Things by LESSI.
Speaker 1: Your car won't be right back.
Speaker 9: Fine Sable Space is saying social graces by your head. Their piece here, but you and dine with pineeers. We make our own brules, our own room. Noboyce here. Let them sell what they are selling there, nobodyce here. So gather all the rebels now, rebel house, and sing a loud We don't care if they say no way, no way, and we believe the empty chest to those who say we can't sit this find all by ourselves. So we brought our drum, and that says, how are we dance? No mistaken? We make our breaks.
Speaker 4: If you don't like God at a.
Speaker 9: Racing, leave us alone, because we don't leave your policies. We have no apologies for being find.
Speaker 4: You have whippe five, you wipe it, finds whip things.
Speaker 9: I lose my balance on these eggshells. You tell me to tread, I've gotta be whre want instead.
Speaker 3: And we're back, clear back.
Speaker 1: It's time, I know, for the cavalcade of nonsense, and boy is it nonsense. This week I'm going to start with the same dark money behind Project twenty twenty five is bankrolling a Northwestern study recruiting trans kids. They should send a chill up everyone's spine. And I say, if there's a trans child in your life, I hope you stay far away from this, recruiting them for what let's let's keep going. They project twenty twenty five outright calls on conservatives to fund and manufacture more studies on the negative effects of transforming care. They're trying to write their producer, it's the cast report, it's you know, they're producing shit that's not real.
Speaker 2: Right, the makeup ship and then go look what we found.
Speaker 1: And apparently Northwestern is their bitch right now. Far right dark money has been financing fringe research organizations that purport to undermine the evidence backing gender firming care. Among those beneficiaries is the Gender Dysphoria Institute, which is recruiting trans use and their parents for aya GDS IOGDOS, the Adolescent and Young Adult Gender Dysphoria Outcomes Study. Wow, they have an agenda. It's not a good one. Right. There's a place that they are going with this. It's not a good place. And I hope the word spreads as fast and as furiously as it possibly possibly can. Yeah. Doctor Michael Bailey, who is a psychology professor at Northwestern University, especially known for his widely rebuked book of quote Original Research a depicting trans women as sex raised men who are uniquely well suited to prostitution, is one of the leads in the study. Yeah. So the public facing rhetoric says that they're seeking to promote evidence based information about gender dysphoria. They're lying, Yeah, they're lying. They have a predetermined conclusion and they will stuff any information that they gather into that conclusion. That's what's going on here, and it's disgusting. It is just like Project twenty twenty five and the Heritage Foundation. They are a big chunk of what is wrong with America right now. Yeah.
Speaker 2: It is both disgusting and very much on brand.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so beware what else we got. Portugal. Yeah this is kind of heartbreaking because you know, on that fantasy list of countries where I'm safe, Portugal's been at the top of that list, I know. Yeah, glad we didn't pack right.
Speaker 2: Portugal advances three sweeping bills targeting trans rights.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is.
Speaker 2: Towards the end of last month, Portugal's parliament voted to advance three sweeping bills that would significantly roll back transgender rights, marking a sharp shift for a country long scene as a European leader on gender identity. Protections. Yeah by US included.
Speaker 1: Yeah, backed by the center right governing coalition and for right lawmakers. The proposals would ban gender firm and care for trans youth, require adults to obtain permission from a medical team before changing their name or sex marker on civical documents, and limit discussion of gender ideology and schools for under eighteensm Your.
Speaker 2: Critics of the measures say they echo recent policies see in the United States targeting trends people. The bills pass their first reading by a wide margin and now move forward in the legislative process. It's not the first time that people have used the US as a model for their fascist leanings.
Speaker 1: Yeah. While these bills still face committee review at a final vote, and they could ultimately be vetoed or challenged in court, their advancement signals a major political shift in the country. Chilling, upsetting, And I guess it's one that you know, I'm sure it'll be followed and will follow it. But how heartbreaking, I know, Yeah, how heartbreaking. It's kind of why I'm staying here and fighting for as long as I possibly can, because you know, there is no guarantee anywhere in the world with dis you know, the cancer of the lies being spread. You never know who's going to pick them up and run with them, right and why or when? Yeah? And you know, Portugal I thought was proud of being a safe place for trans people. Guessing not and equally heartbreaking. We have listeners in Portugal and so you know, just know that our hearts are with you. And yeah, I hope they don't pass because it's the kind of thing we're seeing here and it's not good for anyone's mental health and it's all based in lies and we know it exactly. Yeah, I am sorry this is happening to you because you live somewhere you thought you were ye, same, right, So girl Guiding, which is I want to say it's the Girl Scouts in the UK. I think they set a September deadline for trans girls to have to leave after they have been banned the fuck. Yeah, they must leave by September sixth. The deadline comes after the December twenty twenty five decision to stop allowing trans youngsters from joining groups as part of it's updated inclusion policies. Why don't we call them exclusion policies because that's what they are. Thank you? Yeah. In the fallout of the Supreme Court's judgment that the twenty ten Equality Acts definition of a woman refers to Bob Wade sex only, Girl Guiding announced late last year that with a heavy heart my ass, trans girls and young women would no longer be able to join groups.
Speaker 2: I'll give you enlarged, but I doubt it's heavy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so that's how long they have. The decision effects trans members of Rainbows, Brownies, Guides, Rangers, and young Leaders. They have also said that volunteer roles open to quote women only will no longer be offered to trans women. So it's any trans girl or who is currently volunteering in a role open to women only will need to move to a role open to everyone. By September sixth, m M advocacy group Transplus Solidarity Alliance said inclusive organizations being bullied into excluding people against their will is a profound failure of this government to live up to its promise to the trans community. Ah yeah, yeah, this news will be heartbreaking for the children and volunteers leaders that hold Girl Guiding together to fix the problem that doesn't exist that part without anti trans law fare. Yeah like warfare, but fucking with the laws right, law, fair, love it, hate it.
Speaker 2: Yeah that part.
Speaker 1: Although our membership approach has changed, our belief in dignity, respect and inclusion has not. We will continue to work toward a fair, more equal world for every girl. Bullshit, bullshit. Yeah, basically, they've said, although we have decided to discriminate against a tiny minority group, our belief and inclusion has not changed. Uh huh Okay.
Speaker 2: Someone in the comments of this article decided to post the rules of a girl guide, the laws that they abide by. A guide is honest, reliable, and can be trusted. A guide is helpful and using it right and uses her time and abilities wisely. A guide faces challenges and learns from her experiences. And this one the person who posted it injected their own words. A guide is a good friend and a sister to all guides and in the parentheses, apart from the ones we've just chosen to ostracize, yep, a guide is polite and considerate. A guy respects all living things and takes care of the world around.
Speaker 1: Her, except the trainees can go fuck themselves in die that part. Yeah, Okay, that's why it's in Camel Kid. Yeah India.
Speaker 2: Yeah, India passes a limiting trans protection bill that redefines who qualifies.
Speaker 1: As trans Oh, how exciting. India's House of the People has passed a new bill that limits the rights of transgender people in the country.
Speaker 2: This was past the end of last month. The Transgender Person's Protection of Rights Amendment Bill twenty twenty six makes amendments to the previous twenty nineteen law that pertains to the rights and well being of trans people. The amendments redefine who qualifies as trans people and therefore who is protected by the law, and also introduces a new system for identity certification and stricter punishment for offenses against the transcripts.
Speaker 1: Get this ship. Under the new bill, a medical board will be formed to determine identity, with district magistrates issuing new ID cards to the trans people that qualify. Punishments for those that cause harm to the protected trans people will also be graded for different offenses, with the maximum jail term for the most serious offenses increasing from two years to fourteen What the fuck right?
Speaker 2: Who is this?
Speaker 1: What? Social Justice and Empowerment Minister words don't mean anything in India either, obviously. Vernda Kumar explained that the rewriting of the bill was to ensure that quote only those who face social boycott due to biological issues were protected. Uh huh, he said. To ensure that transgender persons can avail themselves of the benefits of this act, it was necessary to provide a precise definition. Uh huh bish, what why do I think it involves? Fingering?
Speaker 3: Oh.
Speaker 1: Through the bill, the Indian government has insisted that transidentity cannot be based solely on personal choice or claimed self perceived identity, in case it is misused beyond its original intent, in case, at some point in the future, maybe somebody misuses that. Okay, let's see. The new bill has come under fire good from opposition parties, which have argued that the amendments undermine the right to self identification as recognized by the countries the court. Mm hmm. If the bill is for their welfare, why are they opposing on the streets. Hmmm, good question. Yeah. Other opposition politicians have called the amendments draconian, agreed, regressive, agreed, and a brazen attack on the constitutional rights an identity of transgender people. Agreed, agree, agreed, right, right, right, Okay, yeah, we're going back to gate keeping as fast as we possibly can for no other reason than we want to. So God knows what the tests look like. That's not in the article I'm saying. I assume obviously fingering is involved.
Speaker 2: And again, we have listeners in India, and I feel like I'm just apologizing to everyone around the world that listens to our show.
Speaker 1: Well, sorry, it's happening, but we can. Maybe we got our own problems over here, so I hope yours resolves better. Yeah. Really, Again, we're solving problems that don't fucking exist, right, fix and shown name broke fucking exist like the Olympics. Yeah, let's let's I think we're getting there. Let's create a role based on oh, nobody nothing, not a problem, but in case we don't want them trainees getting big ideas about.
Speaker 2: It reminds me of being included when Ned Flanders was yelling at Lisa Simpsons, Like Lisa Simpson the answer to the question that nobody.
Speaker 1: Asked, right, uh, this is right out of CNN house. It's not just vaccines. Parents are refusing other routine preventative care for newborns. Uh huh. All my hospital shows keep showing this. Yeah, and then you cry because your kid's dead. One day at an Idaho hospital, half the newborns that the doctor Tom Patterson saw didn't get the vitamin K shots that have been given to babies for decades to prevent potentially deadly bleeding. On another recent day, more than a quarter didn't get the shot. Their parents wouldn't allow it. When you look at a child who's innocent and vulnerable and a simple intervention that's been done since nineteen sixty one is refused, knowing that baby's going out into the world is super worrisome to me, Patterson said, yeah, he has been a pediatrician for nearly three decades. Doctors crastination are alarmed that skepticism, fueled by rising anti science sentiment and medical mistrust. Thank you Republicans, Hello, thank you Maga hello, is increasingly reaching beyond vaccines to other proven routine preventative care for babies. They're killing their own children now, for Christ's sake, right, Oh my god, it's like, I don't know, I picture who were the two old men that you used to sit up in the balcony at the Muppets, Oh Statlin Walde, I'm picturing the two of them placing bets on how many fucking Republicans can we get to kill their own children and laughing like how because the ones from coming to America right or no? No trading places were like, weren't they similar?
Speaker 2: Actually?
Speaker 1: Yeah, one was one. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I never made that connection until just now.
Speaker 1: Well I'm picturing them too, Yeah, because Ralph Bellamy and Donimici I think I think were the chew in the movie. Anyway, I'm just saying I picture the Koch brothers, for instance, sitting there making million dollar bets over just how stupid right people really are. A recent study in the Journal of the American Medical Association We Just Talked About Them, which analyzed more than five million births nationwide, found that refusals of VITAM and kay shans nearly doubled between twenty seventeen and twenty twenty four, from two point nine percent to five point two percent. Other research suggests that parents who declined vitamincay shots are much more likely to refuse getting the newborns the hepatitis B vaccine and an eye ointment to prevent potentially blinding infections. Rates for that vaccine at birth dropped in recent years. Doctors confirm more parents are refusing the eye medication entiing.
Speaker 5: Dicisions right now because there's conflicting information.
Speaker 1: No, there's information and then there's fucking ridiculous liars. Right, it's not that hard. You're an idiot, but you do have the resident of the United States undermining established science along with he put a heroin, a former in charge of whatever the fuck Kennedy's in charge, Jeff Yeah, and chaos ensues. Okay. Robert of Kennedy Junior, of course, is an anti vaccine activist who belongs nowhere near the job he holds.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to figure out this conflicting information. So I guess, like, if you say science is good and then I go nah, and then someone says Charles said nah ah, then that would be the conflicting information.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm. There's an idea that natural is always better than artificial, said doctor David Hill, a Seattle pediatrician and researcher. Nature will allow one in five human infants to die in the first year of life. Nature, yeah, which is why generations of scientists and doctors have worked to bring that number way way down. Vitamin K and other measures proven serious problems. Babies are born with low levels of vitamin K, leaving them vulnerable because their intestines can't produce enough until they starting neeting solid foods at around six months old. It's important for helping the blood clot and preventing dangerous bleeding in babies, like breeding into the brain. Yeah, uh huh. Yeah. Before injections became routine, about one in sixty babies suffered vitamin K deficiency bleeding, which can also affect the castro intestinal tract. Today the condition is rare, but research shows newborns who don't get the shot are eighty one times more likely to develop severe bleeding than those who do not.
Speaker 2: So when I heard nature allows five infants to die, you know what that reminded me. I remember that politician. They were having a conversation about women getting pregnant from their rapist, and he said something like, the female anatomy has a way to shut that down. Yeah, that's that's giving kind of it's like, you don't know what you're talking about when you say with such assertion.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, and the article, of course it's sanning because I to say, these parents love their children, and it's a little more complicated, and.
Speaker 2: They love their children, but you've got.
Speaker 1: People like they're bringing back diseases like I don't know, smallpox, measles that you were all but eradicated because of this baseless sphere, right, because of the whole bullshit nonscience idea that vaccines cause autism as of autism is so bad that I know a lot of autistic folks who are having a good time with it. So none of them have the fuck alone.
Speaker 2: None of them have fucking polio and.
Speaker 1: Right, but what they don't have is polio or you know what, death right, So yeah, okay, for foxs sake. Yeah, Yeah. One of the doctors said, I understand this is a hot topic, and I don't want to disrespect anyone, but at the same time, I'm desperately saddened that we're losing babies for no reason. Yeah, me too, and I'm happy to disrespect them. Right, you were not the scientists. And I'm not saying we don't ever argue with doctors or or advocate for healthcare, but it's gotten to an extreme and it's gotten ridiculous and it's baseless. Right, it's baseless. You're talking to your fucking doula or or or you know, your girlfriend down the street who you fucking drink herbal tea with? Not you know, the doctors who are trying to keep your kid alive so they don't become a statistic, right, and that Unfortunately, we're trusting those people more than we're trusting like the scientists and shit, because that's what the Republicans have been doing to our brains for low these last ten years or so. You can't believe anything, so I'm not. You know, Okay, I.
Speaker 2: Don't understand why my baby is sick. I was humming while facing east and drinking the homemade kombucha that my crunchy blonde dreadlock having girlfriend up the way gave me.
Speaker 1: Right, I don't, and God help us. You know, we saw this with COVID. Remember the people that finally wanted a vaccine but they already were sick and they couldn't get it. It was too late and they died. Yeah, because I'll have that vaccine now, Yeah right, maybe maybe I should get it. Won't now, It won't help you right now. It won't help you now that you're dying and you have cut your life short and it was preventable. Nope, sorry, sorry, Oh God, stupid should.
Speaker 2: Her I mean it hurts the hell out of me.
Speaker 1: So trans women athletes have been banned from the Olympics by a new IOC policy on female eligibility. Charles, tell me who's going to pay for this policy? It won't be trans women. No, we're not even in the game here.
Speaker 2: No sis women, sis women who don't fit in particular standards that they think.
Speaker 1: They should keep going, Like who tend to be, Oh.
Speaker 2: Who tend to be? Usually African women. They're just the black people. Let's just say black people.
Speaker 1: Yep, that's who this is actually gonna fuck. Yeah, yeah, way more than trans people, because we ain't even playing right. There was not one in twenty twenty four. Not one, not one, no one. This new policy aligns with Donald Trump's Executive Order on Women's sports ahead of the twenty twenty eight Los Angeles Games. Why are we following a man who shits in a diaper on a good day? On a good day? It is unclear this was ABC. How many, if any, transgender women are competing at an Olympic level. No woman who transitioned from being born male competed as a twenty twenty four Paras Summer Games. Yeah, not that one. Exactly, goddamn one, exactly. Let's keep pointing that out.
Speaker 2: That's why they're going to come after SIS women, because they didn't have any actual trans women.
Speaker 1: To go after. Yeah, we now have a solution waiting for a problem. I guess, I guess. Yeah. This is such bullshit. Indeed, it's such bullshit. And of course it doesn't apply to men, and it doesn't apply to trans men, right, It only applies to transgender women and will adversely effect CIS gender women who have naturally higher testosteron levels. You will be affected, You will be you know, they just tortured to CIS women that they thought were trans quite recently. Yeah, but let's have a new policy, right for twenty twenty eight, just in case, just in case, maybe just in cases we never know or something. Weightlifter Laurel Hubbard did compete at the Tokyo Olympics in twenty twenty one without winning a medal. There's one five years ago. Oh dear god, who didn't medal? I don't know. Maybe she came in what fifth place? We're not allowed to do that either.
Speaker 2: We won't know because she didn't make it into her entire personality and tell us about it.
Speaker 1: Oh, here's one. Before the twenty twenty four Paris Olympics, three top tier sports track and field, swimming, and cycling excluded. Three top tier sports track and field, COMMA, swimming, Comma and cycling. They're the three excluded trans women who had been through male puberty. Samenya, who was assigned female at birth in South Africa and has high natural testosterone levels. One a European Court of Human Rights judgment in her years long legal challenge to Track and Field's rules, which did not overturn them. Mark my words, Sis, women will pay for this, and that's what we keep doing to each other and the turfs that fuel this shit. Don't you dare call yourself a feminist that part? Don't you dare anyhoror? A bill to track transgender Tennesseans has passed the House.
Speaker 2: For fuck's sake.
Speaker 1: Yeah, uh, Tennessee lawmakers, with nothing better to do, want to track the number of transgender patients seeking gender firming care.
Speaker 2: Why thank you?
Speaker 1: Why? Amid a crowd of chanting protesters, the state House passed legislation that would compile data on trans Tennesseans. State troopers carried one protester out of the House Galley in accordance with rules against vocal protests. Mm hmm, yeah. It would also the bill expand healthcare coverage for people de transitioning. Now you want to spend money de transitioning, Yes, which doesn't fucking happen much and doesn't require funding. They'll expand and healthcare coverage for people de transitioning, of which there are so few if any, doesn't require anything but stuff anyway, and requires clinics to report who is accessing gender affirming care. Why on earth? The data, it says would be deidentified, meaning the reports would not include names, social security numbers, or geographical information. Don't trust that for a second. Collecting data gives us the ability to study trends, outcomes, and effectiveness of treatment without knowing who the patient is.
Speaker 3: Why? Why?
Speaker 1: No clue? Why see this? Jackass believes gender affirming care will eventually fall out of fashion, motherfuck, and it's so important to collect as much data as possible. I believe that we as a society are going to look back on this time that really burst out in twenty fourteen, that's when you assholes started this shit and think, dear God, what were we thinking? This was as dumb as frontal lobotomies. This is representative Jeremy Fayson, naturally, a Republican from Cosby CSB y huh, no comment, Tennessee. Who was saying this. We're yeah, yeah, motherfucker literally yeah, we're going to look back on this time that really burst out in twenty fourteen when we so doesn't know history right at all?
Speaker 2: When is platforming know nothing? Sis had white men going to go out of fashion?
Speaker 1: I wish it would. God, dear God, when are they going to stop playing doctor with us again? I want to choose their doctors. I want to choose what healthcare they're allowed. And when I take away their Viagara, their wives will thank me profusely, although I'm not sure their boyfriends will be very happy about it.
Speaker 2: That part.
Speaker 1: A chaplain with the Tennessee Equality Project said she's worried about being tracked by a legislature that passed a record breaking number of bills rolling back protections for transgender Tennesseeans in the past few years. No shit, yeah, h yeah, get out of Tennessee. I got nothing better. Get the fuck out of Tennessee. If you are trans, let's talk about John Leithgale list gal life scale. How do you say that? I always said list gal.
Speaker 2: But terf apologist is how I've been saying.
Speaker 1: Okay, well that that works. Yeah, that's that's more. More to the point, he says that JK. Rowling's transfers have been twisted and misrepresented. The actor said he was very attracted to the job security of playing dumbled Door, so he will pretty much say anything, yeah to justify this decisions count who what was the world according to Garp where he played a trans woman, right, uh huh the twisting in the wind.
Speaker 2: He must have like a gambling debt or something because.
Speaker 1: He's kind of have money from Third Rock. I I refuse to believe this man is.
Speaker 10: Broke Third Rock fucking uh Dexter fucking like Broadway, Like why that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Apparently he doesn't feel valid in the world unless he's working, which and fuck standing for anything if it's a paycheck for him, right fuck an He kind.
Speaker 2: Of says that, yeah, like just be a whore man.
Speaker 1: He says he didn't know he didn't know lies. Well, I'm telling what he says, but I have he learned of her views he'd already committed himself to playing Dumbledore, so you have no spine? Still got to backdub the whole subject of Rallying's imputed prejudice. It came up after everything was already underway. I'd already said yes, I was urged to walk away, and I was not about to do that. Right, So you were bending over backwards to tell us why it's okay not to have a spine or stand for any goddamn thing in the right.
Speaker 2: I'm a sniffling bit. You lost money, just say that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Instead of going oh fuck and bowing out gracefully, you told the New Yorker the reasons to do so were much much stronger to stay than the reasons to protest against what Ralling has done, and said, I do disagree with much of it. Much of it I think has been twisted and misrepresented, and.
Speaker 2: Not the important parts.
Speaker 1: She has doubled down on it at her own cost. Is that a word salad? Or do I not know what a word salad is?
Speaker 2: And it's all wilted lettuce.
Speaker 1: Yeah. He did not specify which of her views he disagreed with or which he believed had been misrepresented, though he said he was surprised and disappointed by the tone of her social media post. Uh huh, so you do know what she's saying. He confirmed he has still not met Ralling herself, but was convinced to take the role by showrunner Francesca Gardner, who is a Potter fan since childhood. Uh huh m de motherfucker. Wow, what a sad whether he has played all these roles that were you know, he's played queer roles in the past, he's had a trans woman in the past. You know, that made him seem like an ally and a person who's supported us. But but not anymore. Not anymore. Of course, activists are calling for Boycott's the Potter franchise. He seemed to question whether her views are really so bad. He expressed confusion as to why rallys anti trans speech was a factor at all in fans support for the show after reading an open letter asking him to walk away from the project. In February, he told an audience at the Rotterdam Film Festival that Potter was a mediation of kindness and acceptance, and though he found her views ironic and inexplicable, he saw no trace of transphobic sensitivity in the series itself. Okay, well, as long as you don't anyway.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I love gay people, but Chick fil a is so delicious. That's what that sounds like to me.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: So yeah, fuck John, let's go. I used to be such a fan.
Speaker 1: The production of HBOS Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone has faced troubles beyond its creators. Anti transfuse actor Papa Tiju said he's received racist death threats for playing Potions teacher Severus Snape. The series first trailer dropped last week and quickly became the most view trailer in HBO's history for The Hollywood Reporter.
Speaker 2: So no one should be making Race's death threats. However, had you not sucked at the teat of the transphobic wizard writer, you wouldn't be in this situation. So I got nutting for you. Bruh, Right, log off, get a VPN something I don't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So fuck John lest goo Yeah, sorry, but fuck them in the you know, I don't. I don't have time for you. You know, you keep tossing your word salad. I guess, keep justifying you know something I don't. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. People did ask you to back away. In good conscience. And part of that is because of the roles you've played and you've made money based on, you know, portraying our community. But where the rubber meets the road, you say fuck off. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Next, I'm gonna speed through this because basically Rosanda Thomas aka Chili from TLC has donated to Trump's campaign wow, and liked a series of Maga posts online. But then she tried to say that she's not Maga, and she denied making the donations. I think it like came up to like a thousand dollars altogether.
Speaker 1: And and and her repost about Michelle Obama.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she reposted some conspiracy yeah right, really, Yeah, she's trying to act like, you know, I never said that ship. And then all of a sudden we realize she's been taking down her Instagram posts like we can't already we already saw it, babe, we already saw it. And then Cheryl st. James with Salt and Peppa came out in her defense. Right now, I think that is twofold one. She's already been problematic, Salt, She's already been problematic on her own. But just so happens TLC and Salt and Peppa and in Vogue are supposed to be going on tour together. Uh huh, So I believe that's what that's all about. So basically, Chili is fucking it up for everyone because people aren't going to go pay money to see y'all.
Speaker 1: So she posted, by the way, this thing that said that in nineteen ninety four, Michelle Obama was registered to vote as a man. And now she's saying, I'm not very computer savvy, bitch, So I'm looking for the repost button. I see all of these buttons are very close to each other. I was scrolling and my thumb hit the repost button.
Speaker 2: No, bitch, we've seen you dance.
Speaker 1: You are not that clumsy, So her thumbs are.
Speaker 2: So you're fucking it up for Tea bars, and you're fucking it up for in Vogue, none of whom have said a goddamn thing. And you're shitting on the legacy of left eye. Are you happy? Are you happy?
Speaker 1: Bitch? Uh? There's a question. So she keeps liking megaposts apparently, uh huh. But she's been scrubbing her Instagram.
Speaker 2: Like right, it's too late.
Speaker 1: There's screenshots exactly, including two liked posts relating to Donald Trump's twenty twenty four election victory yep circulated online. The posts were originally shared by the Atlanta News Instagram account atl Scoop, an account that she follow us.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so maybe now we can have a new tour. We can have Chili and Nicki Minaj and Kanye and Stacy Dashkin MC or Nick Cannon, Nick motherfucking Canon, who now has more angry baby mamas than he has positive, positive accomplishments.
Speaker 1: I liked him, we all. Did I know he called Democrats the party of the kk K bitch before you were born, before any of us were born. Yeah, that was then, and everybody switched places right because of civil rights? Yeah? Okay, okay, did he forget he's black?
Speaker 2: I think I think he was part of that whole Does.
Speaker 1: He crossed that money threshold? Like, oh, I don't know, Dave Chappelle.
Speaker 2: I think he's part of that new Negro population that think they're above race or something.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm. You have convinced yourself that hundreds of years of history just didn't happen and or something or something. But yeah, he's a Trump supporter.
Speaker 2: Nick Cannon can't keep his zipper or his mouth shut and he needs to work on both.
Speaker 1: Oh god, Okay, how many children does he have? Like nineteen fift eleven.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's got more kids than he's got brain cells apparently.
Speaker 1: M hm. Anyway, when't he married to what's her name?
Speaker 2: For a minute, Mariah Carey?
Speaker 1: Yeah, she's she's smarter than yeah.
Speaker 2: And and she came out with a song called get the fuck Out.
Speaker 1: Okay, good for her. One more. I know we're leaning in pop culture.
Speaker 2: But this is the dark side of pop culture.
Speaker 1: So it's in the right it is, it's in the right place. Okay. So the Last of Us is the series where dude from Parks and Red played a gay character and it was it was this one of the sweetest things, and I cried and you watched.
Speaker 2: It two times in a row, and they made me come and watch it.
Speaker 1: I did so I saw it at least three times and it was so moving. And apparently they have now shit the bed. Yeah, huh, okay, this hurts my heart because they have a non binary character, right, I think, And they played this wonderful, sweet gay love story and now what, there's all kinds of.
Speaker 2: Queer representation allegedly in the game that the last of us that the series is based.
Speaker 1: This is the character of Love.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so the character of a trans man, right, canonically, yes, who was in the in the game voiced and mo capped by a trans.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's fabulous transman. But yeah, there's a We actually.
Speaker 2: Have an actor, yeah, who's familiar with the role, who originated the role.
Speaker 1: And it was based on right right? Right? Yeah? Okay, uh huh.
Speaker 2: And they're casting as cis female to play Love. Yeah.
Speaker 1: The executive producer said she best embodied the character.
Speaker 2: Right, bad answer, because if she best embodied the character, then why did you Why did a trans man originate the role?
Speaker 1: And I'm never going to accept that argument. Right. This just isn't a disappointment over a single casting decision, but a statement made by a major franchise that represents a huge step backward in trans representation. While some will always argue that an actor's job is to portray something they're not, there are important reasons to have trans people represent themselves in media, from giving transactors a chance to break through when they might be denied CIS roles and so often are, to providing a more authentic portrayal based on a full and personal understanding of the trans experience. Trans Casting for trans roles should be the natural choice if you're going to tell our stories, right or keep us out your mouth. Don't tell our stories. If you're not even going to include us in the telling, how dare you? We were both?
Speaker 2: Ian Alexander, who's the original, is a non binary human, non binary transman.
Speaker 1: Okay, right, he's in that fabulous transman place. Yes, yes, that's what I thought. Too often, marginalized communities are pushed out of the conversation about their own identities, whether it's in fictional works about their existence or in political discussions around access to healthcare. We might one day live in a utopia where trans people are so accepted as part of daily life that it doesn't matter who plays us. But with anti trans hate spreading globally and Trump's America being so unsafe for trans people, it's a crucial time for us to get to tell our own stories. Uh huh yeah, uh huh yeah, they aren't dry in their tears, I am motherfuckers. There are two major factors in the last of US TV casting that makes this move even more appalling. First, it truly felt like we were past this when it came to major productions. The last time we saw a genuine, good faith attempt to portray a trans character with a CIS actor was in Transparent with Jeffrey Tambour from twenty fourteen to twenty seventeen. Both the creator, Joey Soloway and Tambour himself, who didn't appear in the final feature length episode Jr. Was actual occasions have said that we need to move past CIS casting for trans roles. Uh huh yeah, and even Tambor said I would not be unhappy were I the last CIS gender male to play a female transgender person on television. The other factor came down to who played Lov in the video game, right that The Last of Us is based on, and the importance of their roles in trans representation and media as a whole. Ian Alexander voiced Lev in the game. Did the motion capture for the character so literally his movements?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 1: Yeah? That sounds like embodying the character to me, thank you? And was the model for the character's appearance. Huh? So the character looks like Lev, but some CIS woman better embodies What the fuck are you even saying?
Speaker 2: This is called trying to play in our face, I.
Speaker 1: Must say they don't like Lev for some reason. I'm must say I don't know either Lev wouldn't fuck them or stopped fucking them or something like that. Now we're mad, right now we're mad. And suddenly we're going to just rewrite everything that makes sense because this doesn't make sense at all at all. Oh my god. As we moved out of the era where trans characters in mainstream media were either villains, offensive jokes, or both looking at you, Ace Ventura, uh huh, we moved into one where stories about trans characters focused solely on the character's transness. That was the case with the cis led films Trans America and The Danish Girl. Yeah yeah, it was still mostly the case when transactors got to play trans roles, such as Laverne Cox as Sophia Brissette in Orange Just the New Black. But then trans representation reached an exciting new point where a character could be trans not as a defining point of the character, but as simply a small facet right that was incidental to their narrative. And I've said that before. I love like Laverne showing up as a meter Maide right exactly, or the trainer or the best friend or whatever. Right, yeah, uh huh. Alexander was at the forefront of that, providing one of the most notable early portrayals of this sort of character in Netflix THEA in twenty sixteen. Since then, they've taken similar roles in everything from Star Trek Discovery to Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur. By casting a CIS actor in the role of Love, the showrunners are not only failing trans representation in general, but taking trans representation back a decade while failing the source material and the trans representation icon who defined the original character. That's the hill they want to stand on. It's gross. It is it's gross. I mean what else I got. You know, we've talked about this before. We've talked about, you know, the nuance of a queer story or a trans story. You don't understand our lives just by studying us, and there are things that we would add to a portrayal that you don't begin to get. And then when people watch your movie you say stupid shit like it's really a universal story. No bitch, yeah that so I'm sorry to the actor and Jesus fucking Christ, all that HBO money and no goddamn sense, thank you. This sounds personal. This sounds like the showrunners at HBO are pettyfuckers for some reason. I don't know why, but yeah, there's the perfect person to play the character, the character literally designed around them, right, and you went, oh, no, this cis woman better embodies this character and you think that makes sense? Right, You can't possibly.
Speaker 2: I mean, that would have been a way to get so many people that are fans of the game to watch the show, because it's like, oh my god, they're the actual person is going to be in the show.
Speaker 1: You would think you would think, why don't we take a break. Okay, take a breath, have a breath mint, maybe a little scrub out, and we'll come back.
Speaker 2: And pop the culture with real pop culture.
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay, we'll be right back, and we're bad.
Speaker 1: We're so so. I've had the television on, yeah right, I'm up to date now on all of Chicago Dick Wolf's world in Chicago, which is Chicago MED, Chicago Fire Fire, and Chicago PD Chicago Pete. Yeah, uh so I'm all the way up to date.
Speaker 2: Wow, I know you plowed through Chicago.
Speaker 1: I plowed all the way through Chicago and a lovely trip it was. Yeah, So now I just it's a week to week thing for me, right, which I'll deal with. And I also went all the way through the Pit? Oh did you? Yeah? So I'm up to date on.
Speaker 2: The Pit now that show it's it's I get why it's it's being so well regarded and awarded.
Speaker 1: It's good. It's a little much. The first couple of episodes, we were like, you don't I thought we could eat in front of the television. That was not the case because it does get a bit graphic because it's on HBO. So yeah, there was one where the dude had priapism and we just watched them try to get rid of that direction for yeah, yeah, because HBO. So that you did, you know what I mean, like a stiff cock under those you know what I mean? Not sexual right, like oh poor thing.
Speaker 2: Right, poor thing, poor stiff baby.
Speaker 1: That's all you right kind of, that's all Like what else is there?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 1: So anyway, I'm all the way through the pit. Noah Wiley, who we came to love in Er many many years ago, is the head of the emergency department in Pittsburgh at a Pittsburgh hospital, and they call that the pit. Yeah, yeah, I like it. I like it.
Speaker 3: I get it.
Speaker 1: I understand why it's been interesting.
Speaker 2: I did not watch it near as much as you did, but I get it. And you pointed out something that you know because I wasn't watching it regularly. Each season is one day, one day, so each episode is one hour.
Speaker 1: Of that day, yep.
Speaker 2: Which is a cool device.
Speaker 1: It is, Yeah, it is because it's literally a day. And then like from season one into season two or whatever, it was like three months had transpired, right, but then still it was one day from morning until And.
Speaker 2: That's not a new device like twenty four. That was the whole conceit of that show. But it's not one that you see that often. You do, you do, and it's hard to do well.
Speaker 1: It's interesting, especially when you're binging, right, you know what I mean, hour after like you're right there with them on their shift, right.
Speaker 2: I mean, I guess it. The run You've got to have a situation where there's enough ship going on that you can parse it out hour by hour for an entire season, right, And you know, twenty four you got motherfucker's running from terrorists and ship and in the pit you got you're in the emergency department. So there's gonna be plenty of things happening.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, oh yeah all of the time. Yeah, it's good. It's good entertaining. It's a diversion, you know, we all need them. Also, we're in season four of Shrinking.
Speaker 2: Yes, we finished season four Shrinking.
Speaker 1: Do we finished finish?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Wait, No, we haven't finished.
Speaker 2: We're caught up is one? There's two more?
Speaker 1: Two more? Oh ship? Yeah we are not finished, right, So I was going to say no that for finished, we came to early or something, because that was not satisfying at all.
Speaker 2: I love that show. I know it's funny. It is funny, and it's sweet. It is and it's on Apple TV. You should I recommend Shrinking. And Harrison Ford. Harrison Ford is killing it. His character is going through having Parkinson's fuck Parkinson's. And Michael J. Fox has made an appearance on the show, and I think it's his first time since his Parkinson has been manifesting as severely as it has. And yeah, he's just as charming as he has always been.
Speaker 1: I love it. I love it.
Speaker 2: I do too, and I imagine playing that role has got to be cathartic as hell.
Speaker 1: For him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because you know it gets to say fuck Parkinson.
Speaker 1: Parkinson's exactly. No, it's been good. I'm enjoying it. Two more to go. Yes, And I also discovered the Dip yes, which I want to say is on Netflix because I was looking in the preview and I saw Alice and Janny next to Bradley Whitford and I'm.
Speaker 2: Like, oh, yes, please, Yeah, let's loot more of that.
Speaker 1: So it's interesting. It's interesting. I'm enjoying it again.
Speaker 2: It's seeing government when it's working or not or not.
Speaker 1: It's seeing how the sausage is made.
Speaker 2: Well, more importantly, seeing government when there's actual smart adults in charge of shit.
Speaker 1: Again that is alleged, Yes that there are at least some right. Yeah.
Speaker 2: M that's that's the ship I miss.
Speaker 1: I hear that. But there there's a little bit of you know, working for an idiot in there too. Oh so you get to seek. Yeah, it's it's well done, it's well written, it's well done. It's been interesting, and you know, I'm I'm actually good. Ok. Yeah, I forgot what the season I member I just ended. I think I've seen two seasons now. I think, wow, look at you go.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't really get to watch much anymore except what's playing on the television. When I happened to be sitting next to you, kind.
Speaker 1: Of because you your job is not what it used to be.
Speaker 2: I know, fucking busy man.
Speaker 1: You got you got, I got be doing ship. Yeah. Hey, one last thing we Yes, So this.
Speaker 2: Is fun because I was sitting and I was like, we haven't like, we have so many fellow podcaster friends and we haven't gone to visit them at their house in a while. So we're going to be guesting on the butter Song podcast. Yes, friend John, Yes, and we're going to be talking about Anything Goes.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So the question you post to me was name your favorite musicals? Right, That's all you gave.
Speaker 2: Me, right, because like sput, a song for each episode is about a different musical, whether it be a stage performance.
Speaker 1: I didn't realize it could be movies or a film, or films or movies or yeah, so I wasn't clear, but anyway I did. I did, and I stand by this mention Anything Goes as one of my favorite musicals because I love the coldport music of it all. Like you know it's music, you know, it's a light hearted funny story. You don't watch it really for the plot.
Speaker 2: And I was gonna say, and what a plot, right.
Speaker 1: There's not a lot, but it's it's just a fun musical that has stood the test of times since nineteen thirty four work when it was originally produced. Just a fun show. So we you know, we did record and had a blast. Was it was a really fun conversation.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if you've been listening to our show for a while, you have heard us promote the life Spuat of Song podcast on our show. So it was fun to go over there and play with John.
Speaker 1: For a little bit. It really was. I want to do that again.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think we will be.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we'll find another musical to talk about, but some good side conversation and a lot of fun and a discussion of So we took the twenty twenty one right version of there. It was filmed on the West End, so it's a stage production filmed with Sutton Foster reprising the role she won a Tony four in twenty eleven. Yes, great cast, a lot of fun and that's what we watched and that's what we talked about. So while different productions have different orders of the songs, and some leave one out and some out. No, no, no, no, we The conversation we had was about that particular recording of the show, and it was really fun. Yeah and worth watching. I agree. Yeah. So if you've never seen anything goes look for because what was it on YouTube? There you go, it's on YouTube. Yeah I had fun, I did too, and we need more fun, no kidding, no kidding, because we never know is it Taco Tuesday? Or yeah? What the fuck is going on? Exactly? Well, while we could spend another half an hour talking about that bullshit now, thank you, why don't we talk about podcast business instead?
Speaker 2: Yes, do that? If you haven't already, why don't you swing on by Apple Podcasts, good Pods, YouTube, or wherever you enjoy our show and leave us a review or a rating or hit that subscribe button five stars and more. Please follow us on social at Full Circle the Pod on Instagram, threads and Blue Sky, and Full Circle the Podcast on TikTok. You can follow Martha at Imartha Madrigal everywhere. Her writing can be found at i Ammarthamadrigal dot WordPress dot com, I am at Never Scurred Everywhere. If you have a story, idea, or some gossip, or just want to say hi and tell us we're doing a great job. Drop us a line at ask Fullcirclepod at gmail dot com. We'd love to hear from you. Explore our new web store and get your own piece of Full Circle the Podcast merchandise. Just go to our website, full Circlethepod dot com and click shop our merch There's bound to be something to suit your style. Join our Patreon Patreon dot com slash Full Circle Thepod starting at just a three dollars a month. Here you get access to all of our episodes add free and before everyone else, and it only gets better from there. It's fun. Over at the Patreon, you can also check out our dial scort channel Full Circle the Podcast podcast Business over.
Speaker 1: I should make dinner. Yes, you're probably gonna want to eat.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I do want to take a moment and say I've said this before, but I'm going to say it again. Vote for Martha Women's Podcast Awards. Go to our website, Full Circle Thepod dot com and click on the vote button and vote, and then tell your friends and your mama and your.
Speaker 1: Cousin please Yeah, and you're only allowed to vote one time, so it's not one of those things where I'm asking you to vote please every day in April, right, just go on one time. They do ask for your information and your email address, obviously, but you can vote in every category or just my category, right, and cast one.
Speaker 2: Vote from one email under one day.
Speaker 1: I don't know nothing about that, right.
Speaker 2: We have no control all over who does what.
Speaker 1: Don't.
Speaker 2: You can't be doing multiple emails with the same name because then they'll pull it down, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And it's not like I said, don't be messy. No one's asking for that. And again, it's not one of those things where you got to remember to vote every day. I hate those passion I.
Speaker 2: Will be reminding everyone every day to vote.
Speaker 1: That might happen, but you only have to vote one but one time. Voting much appreciated. We would love to add that award when we talk about the podcast. Yeah, so that would be fun. Yeah, that's what I got right now? Did did? Yeah? You have been listening to Full Circle the podcast. I am your host Martha Madrigal.
Speaker 2: And I am your host Charles Tyson Jr.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much.
Speaker 2: Bye.
Speaker 1: Everyone.
Speaker 2: Full Circle is a Never Scarred Productions podcast hosted by Charles Tyson Junior and Martha Madrigal. Produced and edited by Never Scourd Executive Produced by Charles Tyson Junior and Martha Madrial. Our theme in music is by the jingle Berries. All names, pictures, music, audio, and video clips are registered trademarks and or copyrights of their respective copyright holders.