Speaker 1: Good evening, everybody, and welcome to another edition of Fire Up.
Speaker 2: Are we fired up tonight?
Speaker 1: Guys?
Speaker 3: No question about it?
Speaker 1: Go ahead, all right, Well, you see one less than normal Ralph would normally be on, he's having some technical issues. So tonight it's my co host, smoking Jeremy b and my better side of me, Scott the MotorCity.
Speaker 4: Mad Mo had to be on. Let's get to the comments blows. Let's get this baby rolling. Guess what it is?
Speaker 3: Rolling? All right, Jeremy take over.
Speaker 5: I'm trying to get Josh and the guys in here, but they may already be snoozing. An end of an era for who Tua Aquavella.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's his new name out here with these guys.
Speaker 5: Max Field has a signed to a jersey I have assigned to a helmet, and Josh has a sign Roberto Longo jersey. Yeah, let's get I need to get the beds.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's a good piece of memorabilia for Joshua, that's for sure.
Speaker 5: I have a big he has a big weekend covering University of Miami, Miami in FAU. Wasn't that last weekend?
Speaker 1: No, that's this weekend weekend. Last weekend was USF with Miami.
Speaker 5: Oh that's what Okay, got that and he wrote a book. Josh and the Smackers just got a nice strong beer and ready to roll. What's going on? Well, he's a long is on his fourth beer already? Yeah, what's going on? Joshua? Can s f T do a prayer for Jesse Stalver? He's about to hit hit by the damned thing?
Speaker 3: It now.
Speaker 5: To what these comments? Better get read?
Speaker 3: Working on it here.
Speaker 5: I hope you have a flush bucket and an extra extra cancels and of course some extra beers for the storm candle candles. Okay, now now it makes sense. Somebody must be getting it handed to them by Scott in the pre processing with some nice strong beers. Smacker and the Smackers, George, Joshua and the Smackers. Where is the s f T right here? Due to hurricanes? The show is canceled, No nor Zell and you're looking at and that tonight we're back, We back Orlando, SFTP self blurred and Tribune public here. Scott just roasted Ralph in the pre pressing processing. Ralph couldn't even get the courage. Come on, No, Ralph is having some major internet issues and we'll leave it at that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, I didn't help the situation by going off a little, but it is what it is. So I want to make sure that everybody gets to bed at a decent time, because, after all, Candy and I have a busy weekend and it begins tomorrow night the Miami Hurricanes Virginia Tech at seven thirty Eastern time. Our coverage will be ganded around three thirty four o'clock Eastern time before the show. I just wrote the story Candy putting into videos look forward and it will be up there. All right, Candy, it's all yours.
Speaker 1: So first and foremost, we shouldn't say that we hope everybody stays safe from the storm. This This is a major storm, hurricane going to be hitting. They said it could max out. It could actually top to a Cat four and that would be some pretty devastation, especially where it's gonna hit. So everybody that's in its path, heed the warnings, be careful, be safe.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yes, one thing I forgot to mention on some of my shows this week, but I will not forget tonight. Rest in peace, Mercury, Morris, Katy and I had the opportunity to meet you at the last Super Bowl year.
Speaker 3: Mercury was kind of a time.
Speaker 4: Had a nice photo with Mercury and here's a guy that was definitely a big, key contributor to the Miami Dolphins to back to back Super Bowls in the seventies. So once again, rested peace, Mercy Morris.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, I remember that.
Speaker 3: Well, we were at the Diplomat Hotel.
Speaker 2: Now we were.
Speaker 1: Yes, So you're all wondering what the title the end of an era. For those of you baseball fans out there, you would know what that means, because today was the last day for Oakland to be playing in Oakland in the Coliseum. Scott, You've been to closing of a stadium game, but now this is much more than just closing of a stadium. They're no longer going to be in Oakland, all right, So all those fans I I did witness. I saw someone posted on Facebook that they took a sign to the stadium and it said that he was there for the very first game and he was there for the last game of the coliseum And I thought that was pretty cool but very emotional. So tell me you were at the Tigers last game, how emotional was that for you?
Speaker 4: Well, you know, it's funny, kind of interesting when you think about that, particularly when the Tigers in ninety nine, I covered the old I went out there and covered the opener and then the final game of the year as well, nothing in between.
Speaker 3: So the Tiger Stadium was much different.
Speaker 4: Well know about the history of co America Park was being built at that.
Speaker 3: Time, so not like they are. All they were leaving was like five ten minutes away to go right down town. But Oakland's a different animal.
Speaker 4: I mean, you know, Larry Beal of the local guy who used to be at ESPN, actually went out there and hammered and had a little bit of a random his own about John Fisher, and it was rightfully deserved. I mean, you know, Fisher obviously wanted the politicians to go ahead pay for it for him, and you had the Oakland rather the Golden State Warriors owner wanted to buy the team, but he refused to sell it, so he already had this. He was ready to go to Vegas anyway. So it's hard, you know, they were in that area for what fifty seven years, that this will be the first team that's ever been in forced particular stity. So yeah, you always hate to see an end of an era, but this one here was different because there was so much hostility involved between not only the fans, the ownership with the politician. So it's a No. One situation. They're going to Sacramento. They've got a lot of work to do in that ballpark, and they don't even have their financing in place in Vegas yet, So it's a very dysfunctional franchise. Vegas to me, the way I look at it is headed towards being a four major sports town area. But Josh was asking, you tell me about my time in Vegas. I used to go there a lot of times to see major fights and take rides over to Hoover Dam and the Grand Canyon. I think Vegas a great town. I never thought, my wow, there's dreams that can ever have three or four major sports. But you know what areas grow. And I don't think many years ago when I lived in South Florida back in the eighties, who would have thought this was a four sports sound But that just goes to show you how things really go.
Speaker 2: It does it does?
Speaker 5: It is the end of an era, and yes, Oakland is moving to Vegas. That's where they're headed. They're following in the footsteps of the football team, and yes, I will have to get used to that too.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 4: Joshua was asking me what fights for What was I at. I was at Evander Holyfield. Mike Tyson was one. He had Evander Holyfield I think took on Michael Moore and Peter McNeely. It was one when Tyson knocked him out, or Diddy who knows what a fan unpuncches and some other guys. So I looked like four or five major fights. And actually in that holy Field Tyson fight, I sat next to the late James Earl Jones, and James Earl Jones was unbelievable. We spent time talking. He was very polite to me the whole time, and it was this a great thrill, now, mind you. Okay, while I'm covering that will actually sitting there as a fan with my ex wife, Okay, I ended up buying a fight on paper reviewing them. Tyson bit holy Field deer off and then my ex wife bit my head off for it's spending fifty bucks on it. I said, well, wait a minute, there has been eleven rounds. I didn't expect them to go This boy I think. So it is what it is. But you know what, Mecos is a great time. I've always enjoyed going there, and you know, to me, sport can take away, will allow some of these people to get away from the casinos that don't lose all that bad. You know, Josh do I still cover fights, not lately, although if an opportunity came where I could get more involved with boxing again, I would. I've had a lot of great pictures of a lot of fighters. When you look at Chuck Webner, we also have Muhammad, Ali, Sugarte, Leonard, I'm trying to remember James Tony just to name a few. So boxing has a great history. Angelo Dundee. So I've always loved boxing. Unfortunately, to me, it's gone downhill and UFC has taken over. But I'll never respect that as much as I love boxing, and to me, boxing is just something else.
Speaker 1: So Scott, they're asking if the A's will still Are they they still the A's or will they change their name?
Speaker 4: All right, here's what's gonna happen in Sacramento. They're going to keep the A's but they're but they're allowing logos for the Sacramento a's for a couple of years, probably from merchandise. But they'll be officially called the Athletics when they're out there. When they get to Vegas, they'll be called the Las Vegas Athletics.
Speaker 5: I'm waiting for somebody to go ahead and rename their team to the Gamblers when they go there, like in the USFL back in the day.
Speaker 3: Now, don't hold your breath on that one.
Speaker 1: They'll keep the a's and uh, Jeremy, you want to respond to this?
Speaker 5: Downtown really needed that baselift with the proteins in town. Glad they moved out of Pontiac in Auburn Hills. I mean yes and no, because the Pontiac's Olverdome was the house that Burry built, right, and you know you want to talk about that. It was thirty on his legs. It was great. The first time they showed the video of trying to demolish the Pontiac Silver Dome, the dome had been collapsed. They had like silver screens for the drive in that went all the way around it that they were running in the parking lot, and when they blew it, the whole building hopped up and sat back down and didn't fall the first time because they didn't make the right type of explosive.
Speaker 4: Well, let me tell you the Pontac Silver No said you a lot about the turf and all that, because I don't spent many times on the field. I love the Pontac Silver Roome because I was living in Oakland County. I was in Farmington Hills. I spent a lot of time in Highland and for me, a trip down fifty nine on Sundays.
Speaker 3: I spent my Thanksgivings there. I loved it.
Speaker 4: Obviously, you know people are acclimating the downtown Detroit. The Lions used to play at Tiger Stadium for those of you that want to know, until they moved to the Pontacs over Roome.
Speaker 3: But I love the Silver Dough. I realized the turf wasn't great. Pontiac could have kept them, but.
Speaker 4: They were so dark, greedy, and they wouldn't give the lines an extension where it was a favorable And we all know about the Pontiac Silvertome story. After that at all, it went downhill. And but you know, the Lions made the move they had too, and Pissions followed him. As far as the pogo stick, I have no idea Jeremy knows more about it whereabouts.
Speaker 3: Than I do.
Speaker 5: I have no clue where the pogo stick is.
Speaker 4: I mean, I've always said that I tried to mentor the guy as much as I could. I gave him numerous chances than haven't made, and Jeremy was the only one that could get through to him. Nothing against him, he's a great kid, but there's only so much time you can give an individual until some point you have to upgrade the talent level on your network.
Speaker 1: So going back to stadiums closing, I can go back to County Stadium in Milwaukee that closed, that actually housed the Milwaukee Brewers and they would hold some Green Bay Packer games there for a number of years, and that's when they decided the Packers decided to exclusively play up in lambeau Field and take away the Milwaukee games. But they still have a Milwaukee package that has for some of those season ticket holders that held Packer tickets at County Stadium. But Miller Park was built and now it's American Family Fields because they'd like to change names and you know, sell sponsorships. Let's face it, money needs to breed more money, right, Lambeau Fields still in jeopardy the city wise up yet Milwaukee would love Green Bay to mess that up.
Speaker 2: I yeah, I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't think they're gonna get rid of Lambeau anytime soon.
Speaker 5: Well, they've been asking the city to do a bunch of upgrades and the mayor has declined to do it. And the city that's offering to build them their high tech, brand new dome stadium is Milwaukee. And I'm not saying they will move because it has to be decided on by the CEO and the board of the Packers, So it has to be put up to a vote of everybody who owns more than fifteen percent of the shriff.
Speaker 3: Well, that's the first time I've heard of that. One's so all right, it's good to know.
Speaker 1: That would be very interesting. I'd be very surprised. I'd be shocked.
Speaker 5: Oh, I'd be surprised to just because of it. But the only thing I do know is that the Packers would finally have a Super Bowl in their stadium if they were a dome. Yeah, that's probably why they'll do it, because it's not a sharing ree revenue of the Super Bowl.
Speaker 4: But Candy, my question to you is, let's just say the this is a real long shot. Maybe it'll put pressure on Green Bay a little bit. But do they have enough hotels candy to be able to I.
Speaker 1: Don't know, because they are so close to Milwaukee is closer to Chicago. Green Bay is so far up that that's why they would never put it up there. But Milwaukee is close to close enough to Chicago that they could probably consider hotels in Chicago as well.
Speaker 2: So, and it depends if.
Speaker 1: They where in Milwaukee they would put a stadium. I mean, let's let's face it. The Brewers left because they had a hard time getting renovations of their new stadium, So it would be interesting. That would be definitely very interesting. But so let's uh, let's you know, change our little uh from local A's. There was a retirement that was announced in the NBA today Derek Rose. What are your thoughts Scott about Derek Rose retiring.
Speaker 4: Not going into the Hall of Fame. Hurt too often, but had a solid career, you know, obviously no for what he did in Chicago, had a cup of coffee in Detroit. You know, it's just too bad. Some guys are definitely injury prone. He's had numerous stuff and you know, I was a good player. I've seen a whole lot worse than Derek Rose. It's just some guys just get snaked bit in my injuries and you never see what their potential could be on an elite level. So I wish him well in retirement.
Speaker 3: I really did. You know.
Speaker 4: At least he could say that he finished his career in Memphis, albeit for twenty four games, so he played at Memphis State. It was a superstar there, and I could see Rose, Derek Rose actually going into coaching.
Speaker 3: I really could.
Speaker 5: I feel the same way. I think his stats just keep him out, coupled with all the injuries that made him miss as much time as he did. I agree with you. I don't think he gets into the Hall of Fame unless they start making the NBA Hall of Fame like the NFL Hall of Fame and it becomes the Hall of very good because he was very good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no debate about that, jar Mary. Let's go to the chat room.
Speaker 4: Derrick Rose's Russell Westbrook on steroids before was injury, had all about that dude was a freak and the youngest MVP ever. For his injury, I will probably buy the second half of that I don't like to sit here and put anybody on steroids unless I have actual proof.
Speaker 3: Of that, so I'm not gonna. I'll probably defer against that.
Speaker 5: De Rose. If he never had those knee injuries, he definitely would have been a Hall of Famer and now bad I agree.
Speaker 3: With Yeah, no questions about that. Yeah, you know, I often.
Speaker 5: Love dream Babe to mess that up as one of the ones that Orlando said. And then Corey Patterson adds the fact they should be in Detroit anyways, I feel like your team should represent where it is and not the suburbs. Just my opinion, and I agree that sentiment too.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I like Orlando's comment. Rose versus Grant Hell, both careers ruined by injury. Good careers would have been an all time great of not for injuries. Many years ago before he retired, I had a chance to talk to grand Hill, and I believe I think I was in Orlando. I don't remember exactly where, but I did catch up with him once. He regrets actually leaving for Orlando because obviously Ben Wallace got the championship.
Speaker 3: Ring that he was to get to get. He just didn't think they were good enough. If Doug Collins had him on the right track.
Speaker 4: And wanted to build around him. So but Grant studs pretty well for himself, that's for sure.
Speaker 1: So Derek was born and raised on the South side of Chicago. His hometown Bulls drafted him first overall in two thousand and eight. The explosive point guard immediately became a star, averaging sixteen point eight points and six point three assists per game in two thousand and eight eight to two thousand and nine.
Speaker 2: To win the Rookie of the Year.
Speaker 1: He was named MVP two seasons later, averaging twenty five points and seven point seven assists per contest from twenty ten to eleven. At twenty two years and seven months, he remains the youngest MVP winner in NBA history. However, he suffered a torn a seal during the twenty twelve postseason and subsequently missed the entire twelve to thirteen campaign. The ailment was the first in a string of knee injuries, and he was never quite the same player again. Rose averaged twenty one points per game across his first four seasons, compared to fifteen point one points per contest over the final eleven campaigns of his career.
Speaker 4: Oh, you just summarized it right there, so there's only not more to say about it. I did meet Penny hur Away one Memphis has taken on FA.
Speaker 3: He would have known a super nice guy. I'm Glady's coaching Memphis. He's a good role model for those kids.
Speaker 2: Yes, Rose was very athletic.
Speaker 1: Watched his highlights before his injury. I lived in Philly when that injury happened. It was against the Sixers in the playoffs.
Speaker 2: I was pissed.
Speaker 1: I hated Grant Hill at first, just the hate for duke, I guess, but immediately changed my tune when we got him.
Speaker 2: Lol.
Speaker 1: I think my hate for Christian Latner might have had something to do with it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that usually has something to do with it when he's on your side, doesn't it.
Speaker 1: Don't forget get got Memphis in trouble for getting paid too before nil. Yeah, well, it's kind of funny you bring up nil because that would be lead me to my next topic. U NLV quarterback Lucas leaves the program because he did not get the money he was promised, Right, wasn't it that offer? That's what they're saying. They're saying that his coaches said he would earn one hundred thousand dollars, whereas he has been paid a total of three thousand dollars just for relocation. He had played three seasons.
Speaker 2: With oh I had it just a minute ago?
Speaker 3: Who was it?
Speaker 1: He transferred from Holy Cross to UNLV to play his final season and he played three games and he told him that he was leaving because they could redshirt him and he would have one more year of eligibility. My question to the panel is, and I don't know the answer, when they're talking all these nil deals, I would think I would want something in writing, because at one point it's you said, me said, he said, she said, I would want something in writing before I would commit. So I don't know if there is such a document that I haven't heard, But can you LV get I'm assuming that, yeah, that someone's gonna get in trouble because if someone says I mean, they put them in a whole lot of hurt. Because UNLV is three and zero right now, there was a chance they were thinking they could make the playoffs, and now with the quarterback not playing and leaving the program, tell me your thoughts, guys.
Speaker 3: Well, bottom line is, you have a lot of litigation out here because there are too many uncertainties about this anil thing again. So all I'm going to say is there's a lot of gray areas. The only way that you and right now, it's an embarrassment to UNLV that this situation took place, because it's not going to do anything for the recruiting at all. This is a black mark.
Speaker 4: And you just said at Candy they start off three and oh and all of a sudden, your quarterbacks nothing. I only got three thousand, one hundred grand. Okay, there's a deal. You no pay for it one way or the other. So I don't know if anybody can really get in trouble. I think everybody knows that the NCUBA is a fraud anyways, you know, and that's why everybody's trying to go out there, and they're super conferences and more or less overthrow it.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 4: The NCAA really doesn't have a lot of control over college football, or not as much as it used to be, you know, because again the conferences are regulating themselves and you have the college football Playoff. Now everybody can talk about the Michigan situation and say, hey, you've got to vacate that title college football playoffs. I have none of that because if they had any reservations, they wouldn't have been invited in the first play. Michigan's title is secure, but there's a lot of gray areas. A lot of these things are going to come out and be answered over the next one to two three years. We'll go will do through the court system. They need to get this and write. Could this kid have gotten it in writing? Maybe, But wasn't it an assistant coach that went out there and told them about it. You don't do anything with verbal This kid should have shown a little sense that unless I get it writing, I'm not going And unfortunately the student made a mistake.
Speaker 5: I agree he should have had it put in writing. If it's not in running writing, and it means absolutely nothing. It's all word of mouth. It's his word against theirs. And so the only way anybody can bring down the hammer is if he had a recording or a handwritten conversation. Other than that, he doesn't have a leg to stand done. And unfortunately this is just the first time we heard of this, but the way the transfer portal has been going around every year, how many other times since NIL came out in those states were it's available. Have these kids been transferring due to the same thing.
Speaker 4: Oh, I absolutely, I agree with you. This is the one that's probably got the most publicity, is what it is. And remember this too, you and all. He've been in news for different reasons this week. You know, the PAC twelve trying to lure them there, but evidently they decided to stay with the Mountain West Conference.
Speaker 3: So this is something so.
Speaker 4: U and LB needs to get in the news for all the right reasons because once they learned that first or second football game, and you've got to be the problem. And now this kid looks much better. But I think the whole thing is flawed and it's it's ridiculous.
Speaker 2: I do.
Speaker 1: But I think we're going to hear more and more of these and so that's why it's getting publicity. And I figured we got to jump on it and at least talk about it.
Speaker 4: Well, nobody's questioning your decision to talk about it tonight. The bottom line is you're going to get exactly what you're going to get out of the whole darn thing. And that's this a very vague response because there's too many questions and not enough answers.
Speaker 5: Right, it's too new and we don't know all the details. We don't know if there's writing, we don't know if it's its own conversation, we don't know if it was just said in front of his parents. At that point, it's still hearsay because of course the parents are going to stick up for the kid, so you can't There's a lot of ifs ands whats are theirs that has to be filled in yet, right.
Speaker 2: I agree? I agree?
Speaker 1: Okay, Jeremy, you got any topics you want to talk about tonight.
Speaker 5: Well, Scott wants me to be to wait on it because that's the Arizona Cardinals thing, to see what the NFL does about it after they review the video that I saw. But it sure looks and I'm going by the eye test of what happened in the game Sunday with the Arizona Cardinals versus Detroit that Paris Johnson Jr. The left tackle intentionally win beat grab Marcus Davenport's wrists stretched and turned his arm and karate chopped him right above the elbow, which or his ucl. Now he has to have surgery and he's out for the season. And if it have just went like any other normal play. I would have been fine with not saying a word when he stood over him and kind of did that taunting little gesture like this and then walked away and then looked back and saw he was injured and smiled and nodded. He meant to hurt him.
Speaker 4: In my opinion, Well, like you said, I'm not telling you not to talk about O. There's war. Obviously we'll be talking about it in our future show. That was waiting to see the punishment once he invaluated. Say not to talk about it. It is a cheap shot. How many times and Domic can sue the accused of chief shots and many more well deserved. He was always in the principal's office. I can remember how many times Jim Schwartz had to go with him in New York. And Jim Schwartz a gonna say nothing because of the fact that this guy was his horse and he was a stun I mean, you know, and he can't like and dom consumed. Didn't he step on Rogers for Thanksgiving?
Speaker 5: Yeah, he stepped backwards on him. And it wasn't a stump because I saw it in real time. It was a step backwards, but did he not go ahead and say, let's put my whole weight on it. Of course he did, because that's the type of guy he was. He knew he stepped on him. He just said, oh now, let's stand on it for a second.
Speaker 4: All right, Jeremy, Let's get one thing. Say hold it, dude, hold it. And domic Can Sue is one of the smartest athletes I've ever seen in my life. He's got Stephen Ross for a bullload of money to come to Miami. He's managed to stick around and found a way to stick around long enough to win eight Super Bowl So I would you. You know, I've never seen too many athletes this smart, but domin Cansou was smart no matter. Wait wait, wait, the boss is talking and you listen. Okay, so here's the deal. Okay, there you go. That's all ry. I know he loves it now, So here's the deal. Okay, Dominica Zoo is just a Sue individual. I mean he looks it is what it is. You can say what you Okay. I love the topic. I'm glad that you actually let out of something here that's pretty could gets me.
Speaker 3: Going a little. I love talking about this one here. And John debsue Well spent more times in the principal's office, and he's a smart individual. I don't care if he stepped back there and did what he did. I all saw what got him in trouble was his reputation, right.
Speaker 5: But Number one, I never questioned his intelligence.
Speaker 3: Number said you did okay.
Speaker 5: When he first stepped back on him, he did not do it on purpose. You could see he was walking back from getting up when he realized he stepped on him. He made it on purpose. There's a big difference there because if he was stepping him on him on purpose, it had been a lot like that lineman he stepped on on purpose before. When he actually did stomp on the guy, this was, oh I'm stepping on something. He looked down and saw it was Aaron Rodgers leg, and he decided to channel is inner Dan gamble and go for a kneecap.
Speaker 3: Okay, Jam would consue on a news forel guys got hard where he's got money.
Speaker 4: Unbelievable. Yeah, I did it on purpose, he did. So you know, let's see here. I want to go to Orlando Escabano. David Portnoy's got three million to come to Michigan. They can afford three million bucks to go to Michigan, some big deal. We're talking about a kid in UNLV the left because he's minus ninety seven gs.
Speaker 3: You know, maybe he should have been playing basketball. He might have gotten more. That's all.
Speaker 1: It started innocent but ended on purpose.
Speaker 2: I get you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's how Jeremy described it. All I'm saying is the fact that he ended up in the principal's office and got suspended for a game. It wasn't in a playoff game that he got suspended for. I think I can't remember that far.
Speaker 5: He was not suspended for that one. I think he did get suspended for something else, But he was in the playoff game.
Speaker 3: Okay, I don't remember that. That's so I'm asking.
Speaker 5: You because that actually was the twenty fourteen season when he stepped on Aaron Rodgers, the last year he was here. But in twenty eleven he was suspended.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: All I know of Jim Schwartzen and Domic Cansou made a lot of trips to New York. And it wasn't to go out there and have dinner at the best steakhouse in New York. It was about a trip to the Principal's office for Dominic Cansoue. Probably I regret doing it. Uh huh, I'll put you back, and all of a sudden, Boomy does it again.
Speaker 3: It doesn't.
Speaker 5: He was suspended the last game versus Green Bay before the playoffs because of that hit on David Craig where he basically cited supplex them late.
Speaker 3: I mean that, yeah, But you know what I got to tell you is say what you want I do.
Speaker 5: Missing Domic can sue though, Oh I miss him in Honolulu Blue. I've been saying ever since Dan Campbell came back because he was a free agent all those years. I would have loved to have picked up his contract for a year jeep and then let him mentor everybody, because I think he would have been better than Michael Brockers.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 4: But you know, I'll tell you one thing though. Yeah, I was hoping he would go back to under Campbell. But you know what, the Lions hadn't had an intimidating person player on the defense since it Sue until Aiden Hutchinson came on board.
Speaker 3: Now you have a character out there that's going after everybody and cleaning up on sacks.
Speaker 5: And doing it clean.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, he is doing it clean. Nobody did it better dirty than the Dominican Zoo except for this Arizona guy. Although who's the guy from SINCINNI was a perfect I think it was Monte's Perfect was a dirty player.
Speaker 3: Too, wasn't he? I remember? Right? So he's not getting he's not getting off of this show clean either.
Speaker 5: Who it was dirty player they were talking about? I missed the name. The other name you mentioned, montest Perfect, Oh, montes Perfect, you're talking about that's probably the dirtiest player who ever played the game.
Speaker 3: I think, So why I brought him up?
Speaker 4: I agree, that's why did he not pac Man Jones or one of those wide receivers into oblivion?
Speaker 3: Trying to remember who it was? But it was a pretty uh.
Speaker 4: Nasty Hites Brown. Oh that's who it was, Antonio Brown.
Speaker 5: Well I went totally nuts after that. It has to be c t.
Speaker 4: Yeah, even if he didn't, Even if it did it to Antonio Brown, it didn't help him later on. So you can tell that I'm not an Antonio Brown guy who's had more chances than any player I've ever seen in this lifetime.
Speaker 5: So okay, that's my topic about the Arizona Cardinals, and there's a little more film and you can go into d detail. And it's funny that Josh Gannon was an assistant under Dan Quinn during the bounty Gate days at New Orleans.
Speaker 3: You know, I'll go back to Corey Patterson. You know what, Corey differ. I'm plad he brought this one up.
Speaker 4: Tynrad Dolver was definitely a pretty nasty player in his day as well. I'm planning he brought that up. And of course Orlando astro Brono talks about Phill Romanowski.
Speaker 3: Now I've got some guys going back in the day. I like that.
Speaker 5: So he was dirty through his own teammates well sor right, So.
Speaker 1: You know that there's always a did you know when my in fire up? So my question to you too, do you know what was the first year in the NFL that they required players to wear helmets?
Speaker 5: I want to say it with nineteen thirty four, Scott, do you have a guess?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was in nineteen twenty eight.
Speaker 1: Players weren't required to wear helmets until nineteen forty three.
Speaker 5: Okay, wow, all right, okay, this it became nnecks because of the head the helmets that they wore back in the early nineteen hundreds. I just didn't know they weren't required to wear them. That's why I thought it would have around nineteen thirty.
Speaker 4: Well, let me tell you what I can relive a story like this many years ago when I interviewed legendary goaltender Jacques Plan, who invented the face mask here in South Florida, and for many, many years a lot of players did not wear helmets until eventually they were forced to do it.
Speaker 3: So it's interesting that you brought that one up.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Jacques Plant was a super nice guy. Gosh, if I would have had a camera phone, how many pictures I left on the table. But it was still I still have a story. I think I had that story somewhere and my archives. I had to work hard.
Speaker 3: To take it up. Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: Game.
Speaker 1: We're most looking forward to this weekend.
Speaker 5: Oh, go ahead, Scott, I'm gonna let you take years first.
Speaker 3: Go ahead. In Seattle.
Speaker 4: Sandle's had their number for a couple of years. We'll see if the Lions go three and one or whether they're going to go ahead and be two and two and they're gonna be in the middle of the back, I say the margin of error as far as I'm concerned. You know, you can't Tennessee Norris Division. As Chris Perman would say, it's going to be pretty balanced. Let's go back to the chat real quickly. Did Gordiy How not wear a helmet? Yeah, he didn't wear helmet for a while. When finally wore helmet.
Speaker 3: I can't remember that one on land.
Speaker 5: That was in the seventies when they finally required helmets in the hockey, so he was playing in the late sixties and early seventies.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's okay.
Speaker 4: I got a picture of Gordi how with his elbow on my jaw when I when I had it, you know, or the pine silver doman. When Candy talks about the book, she'll be able to go ahead and mentioned that too.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, I was just trying to look up to see when Gordy how wore helmets. So I'm trying to look Jeremy, what game are you most looking forward to this weekend?
Speaker 5: Any game the Tigers are playing, because now the magic number is two.
Speaker 4: And they get the Chicago White Sox. You have history in two different ways. The Chicago White Sox are still on one twenty the should the Tigers beat them one, two, three times, they're going to hold that losses record all to themselves because they had the White Sox swept a series of the La Angels, and the Angels are just had the worst record that they've ever had so in their history. Feel bad for Ron Washington have to go through that though he's a great manager.
Speaker 5: And Robert Madell throws them stats at the Hawks. They're thirteen and five against Detroit all time and won the last six in a row, beat Gerrold undefeated.
Speaker 3: All streaks come to an.
Speaker 5: End, sir.
Speaker 3: Yeah, now you got Mike McDonald.
Speaker 5: Great coach. But again I'm gonna say I don't think the Hawks have been truly tested yet.
Speaker 4: Right, all right, you know there was a topic I do want to mention that I really don't particularly like. Okay, so since Ralph didn't make it on the show, I'm sure I'll save them the trouble. Okay, that's when Rowdy Tolaz got tug before at bats away from four to twenty five and he got to me two hundred thousand dollars should have come to him. Bad move, Pittsburgh Pirates, Good luck trying to attract free agents of the pet with a petty move like that.
Speaker 3: That was outright stupid. I don't get that.
Speaker 4: I really don't if I had a voice at Rant Louder, but I'm not going to do it before at bats away from a two hundred thousand dollars bonus if I were free agents, I there's tew words stay away from the Pittsford Pirates.
Speaker 3: Well that's more than two words.
Speaker 2: Yes for the game, go ahead.
Speaker 5: Mike McDonald, de coordinator at Michigan. He's legit, legit. I never said he wasn't a legit coach. I'm saying the team has not been tested against a good roster or a good quarterback yet. They played bow knicks in his first game, which the only rookie since two thousand and two, which there were two of them in the first round that won their first game they ever played that was David Carr and Joey Harrington. Since then, the only other rookie in the first round to win Week one is Caleb Williams. And it wasn't because he played.
Speaker 3: Well. Well, let me give you another.
Speaker 4: Let me give you another game that people will probably be interested in watching. It'll be the LA Chargers against Kansas City Chiefs. But you know why, the first time ever that's a Super Bowl Championship coach has taken on the NCAA champions Game, Jim Harbaugh against Andy Reid.
Speaker 3: You've heard it here, mm hmm.
Speaker 1: I mean we all we all know. I'm a Packer fan, so I'm I'm gonna be interested in because I think that's a true big test. They're playing Minnesota, Minnesota's playing hot, Minnesota's playing well. I will give kudos to Aaron Jones because he wrote a thank thank you to the Packers and saying that his heart is still in Green Bay because that's where he was drafted. That's where he overcame a lot of obstacles and the Packers and Packer fans embraced him. But as we all know, he is now a Minnesota Viking. So whereas I wish him well, I just don't wish him well against the Packers. I have not even turned the game on tonight, so I cannot tell you what the Cowboy Giants game is. Jeremy, do you have a score update at all or.
Speaker 5: For the Giants in Dallas?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's worth nine at halftime.
Speaker 2: Okay, And Orlando.
Speaker 1: I agree, Minnesota's d does look legit, legit, I think, And I have not heard whether Love will be back. There have been some them, some talk that they might go to a two quarterback kind of system like and that might be very interesting because they are two very different quarterbacks right there.
Speaker 5: Talking about incorporating the wild Catlin Villas is what you're talking about doing because of his running ability. But at the same time, Jordan Love is taking team practice this week and signs it's a seventy five chance that he starts because he's throwing and looking good in practice right now. Well, the reason why she's from that she's from that state. I'm not going to knock somebody from being from their state.
Speaker 4: The reason why the Vikings defense the greatest because of Brian Flores even a defensive genius everywhere. And I'll say this, like I said an inside the pictin a couple of days ago, I would sit Love another week. If you can't let Malik Willis go the entire game. That's just me because you don't want to take any chances. Malik Willis right now is two and zero, so you know again what they do. I'm not a coach I'm I'm here on these shows, so I'm anything but a coach, But you know, you go by your feelings. And I have our crew on inside the pick that had met and Malik Willis is a much better body of work and he's working back the floor. So for me, I let Jordan Love. Can you can afford to sit him one more game? You do it, Let Malik Willis go in there. And of course Malik Willis was that bad, then you bring in Jordan Love. But i'd let I'd Ridelik Willis at one more game if you.
Speaker 1: Can well, and I have to get I want to give a little bit of credit to Matt Lafleur because he is a West Coast offense guy, let's face it, and that's what his people have been playing. But that's not the strength of Malik Willis. And he is allowing Malik Willis to be more like himself and letting him instead of forcing him into his system. So I really think he's doing well coaching them. So Corey, he lived in Duluth, Minnesota, border Town is superior Wisconsin.
Speaker 2: To trust me.
Speaker 1: I hear from both fans a lot. I have respect for most of the NFS. For anybody that roots for their team. Let's put it that way. I'm not gonna downgrade you. I may not like your team, but I will not disrespect you, because, hey, you all are fans of someone. So yes, I have two lions people on the broadcast tonight, and hey, I can tell you I still I respect them and I respect their opinions and they respect me and I know that, and that's why that we're all on the show together.
Speaker 4: Well, let me tell you, I went on record Book Sports have shaged last night, and Jeremio knows exactly where I'm going with this. I believe Caleb Williams is gonna be a bust. I really do. I think Jade McDaniel's is a better quarterback, and Jade McDaniel's got a good situation with Dan Quinn and what they're doing in Washington. I've never liked Caleb Williams from the beginning. I never have I never will. I think the guy obviously, just because you went to a Hydemand Trophy doesn't mean he's going to be an all time great to begin with. I think of all the best quarterbacks that haven't won a Heindsman Trophy that have done well. So you know he had one good year at USC was he eight and five year ago? Obviously a little bit taller than the most But I think Caleb Williams is gonna be a bust. And I'll tell you another thing, justin justin Fields. He got his he got his ticket out of town, and I think he's in a good spot with Pittsburgh.
Speaker 3: They kept the wrong guy.
Speaker 1: I agree, Corey. I wasn't saying you weren't respecting. I know you were just playing around. I appreciate your comments and you being here in the in the chat. Andy Reid is great to adjusting to his quarterbacks best traits.
Speaker 2: I agree the leek will do well.
Speaker 1: Yes, Yes, the rookie's gonna rock.
Speaker 2: Yeah, rook.
Speaker 1: Okay, is it time for my town? Guyst you want to you want to start?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'll start right.
Speaker 4: It was interesting covering my alma Mator against the Miami Hurricanes, at least for a little while. Close game twenty two to fifteen, Miami trail one time fifteen to fourteen, ran off thirty six unanswered points fifty to fifteen. Well, you know what I enjoyed being at the game. I knew it was never going to lose. But as far as I'm concerned, if you're a USF and you're playing but Thune Cookman and blowing them out Southern miss and then you lose to Alabama. I saw the USF team. I had to see because that competition, to me, is what it is. Okay, But the cook Mean University seriously. I mean they go on the road and get their butt stopped all the time. But the cook Mean to me, it looks like the Washington was it the Washington Generals when they lose to the Harlem Globe Drivers really seriously, But then Cookman University, so you know. But Miami, on the other hand, playing Virginia Tech. Katie and I will be there for this one tomorrow night, seven thirty Eastern time. We'll be there around four three thirty Eastern time to do a lot of preliminary cam Ward's real special, he really really is. And I'm going to tell you something. If the Hurricanes could stay on the road that they are, they're number eighth in the country, so we'll see if they can keep it going. Miami's no for their quick starts. I hope Caiths continue. Another score I do want to bring up as an update for Detroit Tiger fans because this one actually does matter. At the bottom of the eighth Marlins lead the Twins four to two with one out. Why am I talking about this and Detroit Tigers if they could get a little help from Miami Marlins pushes their magic number a little bit down, I believe to one. At that point, you have Kansas City took care of business or is it still too it's still too okay? Well, if you the Minnesota Twins will be closer to being eliminated with a loss like that, because they're not. They're not going to have Neither Minnesota or Kansas City are going to have an easy road over the next few days. I think one of them plays Baltimore. I don't remember who the other one plays, so.
Speaker 5: But that's today. So it's at Royals did win their game today.
Speaker 4: Yeah, seven to four against the Nationals. Let me go ahead and get the schedule out so the let's see, the Royals will take on the Atlanta Braves and then, of course we know that the the Minnesota Twins end up getting let's see. I'm going over that right now because it is important information, and Minnesota Twins.
Speaker 3: Get the Baltimore Orioles.
Speaker 4: So the Braves and the Oriols stand up and the way, we'll see how that all plays out. And we know the Tigers get to Chicago, White.
Speaker 5: Sox Orioles need to wake up before the Yankees overtake them.
Speaker 3: Well, the Yankees are in first place.
Speaker 5: I thought the Owls were in the first place. They're the first wild card team.
Speaker 3: Now Yeah, yeah, I believe they are. In fact, I'll check up on that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the Yankees leave the Oriols in the Al East weft going into today's game, Yankees ninety two up, sixty six down. Baltimore is in the playoffs of eighty eight to seventy before games. Yankees will win the division right now, Minnesota's playing for a wild tart spot.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I feel sorry for the Yankees. They do this all the time. They either win the division or get that first wild card spot. The only in the first round for the playoffs they play every time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, the Yankees right now would be a bad idea. If they were able to get a first.
Speaker 5: Round by right then they at least they advanced to the second round.
Speaker 3: Well that's true.
Speaker 2: Mm hmmm. Hoping Jeremy B.
Speaker 1: What's what's happening in your town.
Speaker 5: Well, we already know the Tigers went from two percent at the All All Star break now to eighty nine point six percent chance to make the playoffs. They're basically in right now. They just have to clinch it. And with coming up on Chicago, it'd be so great if they give them, if they sweep them and give them the record at one and twenty three losses, well even.
Speaker 4: The records at one twenty one, but as you attack on three more, because I have to win their way in. The Tigers have been playing great ball baseball, just winning their way in, considering where everybody thought that they were looking at a tread line trade deadline, being a seller. So but you know again, this team fights on the final pat aj Hinch is making moves right now down the stretch and he would.
Speaker 3: Make in the postseason. Is what he's doing, and.
Speaker 4: Now you understand why he is an excellent manager and the Tigers are thankful to have him.
Speaker 1: So, So, Scott, here's the question for you for mo Orlando. Does Otani pitch in the playoffs?
Speaker 4: Gosh, you know what, I would be surprised if Dave Roberts does do it. But I don't think they should. I think you wait till next year. You don't want to take you don't want to press it. Since he hasn't pitched all year. I think he has the pitch and spring training. I hope they don't, but you never know what Dave Roberts.
Speaker 5: So uh an update for you. The Giants just had a six minute, eighteen second drive to score a field goal. It's now fourteen to twelve in Dallas.
Speaker 3: In New York in favor of what the Giants.
Speaker 5: No, the Cowboys got two touchs.
Speaker 3: Okay, oh, I don't know. I'm not watching that.
Speaker 5: So right now all they got is field goals. Thank god. You know is healthy again because it was. It was bad for him when they lost the other week with the Graham Gane.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but I'll tell you one thing, what you're seeing Dallas has effected now. Now you should realize how good of a defensive coordinator Dan Quinn was.
Speaker 5: I know, and how bad of a defensive coordinator Mike zimmer is.
Speaker 3: Well, no, that's yeah. I wouldn't laugh at that.
Speaker 4: You're right, Yeah, I said, got a job and he's doing a good job in Washington. No, I mean you're you're totally on target their German.
Speaker 5: Well, when we were talking about projecting who's going to win the division and everything else, and everybody in the panel that day said they thought Dallas was going to win the division and I said, no, Philly will because Dallas is going to regress. I said, I see him as a seven to nine win team. It looks like right so far.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't think I said Dallas is going to win it. I don't know.
Speaker 5: I'm talking about when you asked us in the panel and itide the pig skin.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, all right, gotcha, And I was.
Speaker 5: On the show, I said, I think Dallas is a seven to nine win team this year.
Speaker 3: Oh, I can't depict that.
Speaker 4: I think Dak Prescott doesn't have the supporting cast around him. He's eating up a big portion of the salary cap. It's only going to get it's just a matter of time before the cow would plow this leg up. And not getting Derek Henry in the offseason. It was a bad move because the Ravens stuffed it down their throat a week ago, wasn't it. And obviously Derek Henry stiff armed his way to a Raven's victory.
Speaker 5: And I'm going to say this now, with both teams being one and two, both coaches are on the hot seat, and they're both playing for this wind to night, and you can see it the way the game's being played.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 4: First of all, Jeremy Mike McCarthy didn't get an extension, so he's playing on a lame duck situation began with all it is with him, we're not renewing your contract that he's done. Most coaches would walk away. Why doesn't take that last year's money? And we'll see what's what. I definitely believe in my mind that if McCarthy gets let go, he's not.
Speaker 3: Getting another head coaching job.
Speaker 4: You know, if he fail in three May and then fail in Dallas, I don't know who would go. The only way I could see him getting a job would be in college. To be honest with you, now, even John Gruden is looking to try to get a job in college because nobody's gon to hire him in the NFL.
Speaker 5: Somebody asked me who would they get to replace him when they call up one of the assistants. I said, I don't know, but they got a hot bed of high school football coaches around him for down him. They're run great offense. They could probably grab any one of them and do better than Mike McCarthy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's true. But you know what, Jerry Jones spends a lot of money on a few players. Some of his drafts have been pretty good. But you know the one thing he does have that he did have a year ago, is he has Jimmy Johnson. He's friends with him, so Jimmy might give him a little advice except not step on the football field.
Speaker 5: I'm going to say this now, there's only one way Ben Jonson leaves. That's if we win the Super Bowl. Okay, because he said that that was his goal when he was hired here to begin with, and he's turned down Bukoo Bucks this year to come back and coach this team as the offensive coordinator.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Go to Corey Patterson's comment, because you know what, Corey, I'll give you a degree. I'll totally agree with you on this one. To be honest, looking at Mike McCarthy looks like he could care less after dealing with Jerry Jones, I agree.
Speaker 3: There's no debate. You just had a bullseye with that comment.
Speaker 2: Corey, exactly.
Speaker 1: Okay, my talent kudos to the Milwaukee Bucks ownership for actually getting ex Bucks player Junior Bridgeman, who buys a minor minority stake in the franchise. Junior Bridgeman played for the Milwaukee Bucks long enough to retire as the team leader in games played, and performed well enough that his jersey hangs from the Feiser Forum rafters. Now, the basketball player turned entrepreneur has purchased a stake in the team. They announced that he bought a ten percent stake in the team. When this opportunity presented itself, it just felt like a natural thing for me to get a chance to be part not just in heart, but physically of the organization going forward. He is seventy one years old. He played for the Bucks from nineteen seventy five to eighty four and again from eighty six to eighty seven. His seven hundred and eleven career games played for Milwaukee ranks him third in franchise history history, behind only current Bucks Giannis Enda Campo and Chris Middleton. After his playing career, Bridgeman began investing in restaurants and eventually became owner and CEO of Foods, which operated more than four hundred and fifty Wendy's and Chili's restaurants in twenty States until twenty sixteen. He also has become an independent bottler for Coca Cola. His family owns Ebony and Jet magazines, and now he is part owner of the Bucks. So kudos to him. He had a great career and he was very successful after his career as a businessman. Those are the kind of people that it's good to see them investing back into what produced where they started.
Speaker 2: So kudos.
Speaker 5: Orlando Escrabano says, Ryan Day equals McCarthy. McCarthy equals Ryan Day. Finkel is Einhorn. And if you know what that's a reference to, that's ace venture repetitive detective. When they the kicker, Ray Finkel was detective mind Borne the female.
Speaker 1: Okay, anything else you guys want to talk about yet too?
Speaker 4: Yeah, as a matter of fact, there is do you know an author on this broadcast?
Speaker 2: I do.
Speaker 3: Then you're going to talk about it now.
Speaker 2: You betcha?
Speaker 1: So? The South Florida Tribune published a book. The book is Lessons from the Microphone, Tuning into the Enduring Wisdom of Visionary Leaders. It is written by Scott Morgan Roth. The MotorCity mad Mouth talks about his forty plus years in the business and how the industry has changed. He has all kinds of good stories in there. He actually has some pictures of him as young with Muhammad Ali. If you tune into other broadcasts. George you know George Eichorn, who has done the Sports Exchange with Scott for many years.
Speaker 2: He wrote them forward to the book.
Speaker 1: The book is available on Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Kindle, Apple, and Google Books. There is a link to the book on our website www dot South Florida Tribune dot com, where Scott also writes and smoking Jeremy B. Wright as well, and I take pictures. So Scott, how was it to write the book?
Speaker 3: I enjoyed it.
Speaker 4: It's great to be able to put four years all together. I think the outlining was pretty intense, because you wonder what you're going to leave in.
Speaker 3: You leave out, but there'll be.
Speaker 4: A second one coming out, hopefully in the next six or twelve months, at least six months. You know again, when you talk about where you started versus where you're at, and some of the changes in the industry versus how it used to be. Trying to mold it all together. It's the biggest challenge I have. I think the second book will be a little bit easier because now I'm going to be talking about changes and some of the things I didn't put in, and I'm looking at a book.
Speaker 3: This book is about two and six pages.
Speaker 4: I can't tell you how many times I had to proof read this thing, but we did until we got it where we needed to go. Plus I learned a lot about the self publishing part as well. Second part.
Speaker 3: I'm really looking forward to it.
Speaker 4: We'll see the individuals have stuck around those that moved on, and there'll be some call outs in this next book too. I really think that not yet to bring in some of those examples, so anybody reading the second book will realize some of the stuff actually goes on, you know. And one of the things that I'll probably mention in there is I had an experience with a young lady that I thought had potential, and to me, she turned out to be a wash because she didn't couldn't handle extensive coaching and she didn't follow through the assignments. I'm not going to mention her name now, but I wouldn't be surprised if I go out there and mentioned. It's not about calling anybody out, but you want to mention specific examples. There was a situation with jv Ellis and I that we had to deal with a so called TV network, Okay, dealing with suicide. You can rest for sure that's going to be mentioned as well, because when you talk about suicide, you can't limit it to just man fifties, sixties and seventies or forties or sixties. This is the problem which affects everybody. So there's going to be a lot of things where you talk about access. Okay, I've been disappointed in some access situations that people have to understand that the access isn't good. So the second one will be one where I'm not going to be afraid to call people out if I feel the situation warrants it. But I'm still going to try to provide updates as well about some of the mega TV deals that are out there that are actually being signed, as well as some of the fictional things that you learn watching on TV that youpply to your own personality. But I enjoyed the first one. It was a celebration of what I had done, and it was also another way to thank the people that helped me get to this point and mark my word. I've learned a lot from the first book that will apply and there will be an audiobook at some point that comes out.
Speaker 3: But thanks for asking, Candy, I really appreciate it. A hole.
Speaker 4: A lot of people will be able to pick up on that, and you told them where to get the book.
Speaker 1: Jeremy, I know you've read the book. Tell us one thing about the book that you like and you learned or you enjoyed.
Speaker 5: I like reading about the history of how he got started and how we bet George Eichbourn, and how everything went with them and where it blossomed right away when he got into his interviewing process and what he used in his writing.
Speaker 1: Awesome, Awesome, it's a great book. Go get it Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Kindle, Apple or Google Books. Get your copy today. It's sixteen ninety five, I believe on Amazon. If you like the Kindle version, if you liked the e reader, it's a little bit cheaper. Go get your copy today. Learn about Scott and how the media has changed, and if you aren't in the media, it's interesting to read some of his experiences and some of the triples and trials and tribulations that he had as well.
Speaker 4: Well, let me add another thing which is important that I know Jeremy probably came across. I wrote an entry in there about Frank Reynolds, the former ABC News anchor, and this pertained to the Ronald Reagan assassination.
Speaker 3: Is what it did.
Speaker 4: And you know what, he's angry, he said, I don't want it. First, I want to write he pull a gasket. And you know what, when I went to the Arlington Cemetery many many years ago, I went out there and visited Frank's graven stood there for like five or ten minutes. Thanks for being a great member of the media. You are the standard for which everybody is made out of. And again, old school media and new school I do. I still like to one of these days, hope I can do a show at a regular radio station. Pair it up with this, Yeah, I'd like to do it. There's so many things I want to do. And that's when I'm figuring twenty five. Oh b I have aspirations to do public speaking as well. So, but Frank Reynolds is a guy, and you know, I know there's a lot of these publications out there, Jeremy and Candye. You probably have seen them that they'll write anything if it isn't accurate. There's the way I'm going to do that. I'll get out of the industry. I don't believe in fake news. I have no interest if anybody tried to employ me, but that is a requirement.
Speaker 3: I say, you know what, keep the job.
Speaker 4: I think my integrity where I know my integrity means way more than what you're asking.
Speaker 3: And I'll have no part of that stuff.
Speaker 5: Gotcha.
Speaker 4: I agree relationships, folks, If you build relationships, you can get a lot of places. And the biggest thing is you don't burn bridges in this business because it can bite you.
Speaker 5: The main thing that I've learned in this business is if you get your bird, to keep.
Speaker 4: It absolutely man of your word, and I think that's the one thing that which has enabled you, Jeremy, to stay in the system, because I think that if anybody can ever say what their legacy in their life is, they can only say with me, I've been a man. I'm a man of my word. I'll stick to my word. I expect everybody to adhere to the same thing.
Speaker 1: Yep, Steven, Jeremy, how can everybody get a hold of you or watch you or oh.
Speaker 5: Right here every Thursday night on Fire Up. Also on Wednesdays on They'll Filter dot net. If you go there and sign up with your email, you can watch Scott, George Ichorn, and myself talk about sports in general. Then buyre up right here on Thursday nights on the South Florida Tribune channel. You can also find me on the Self Florida Tribune dot com, as Candy mentioned, where I write for the MotorCity Tribune, which is owned by the South Florida Tribune. You can also find me on Meetcat Biting with the MotorCity Lions, where I go live nine to thirteen times a week. It really depends on how many times I get to be a guest somewhere and how pantagrimes.
Speaker 3: You are so right. Your integrity is the only is only really the thing you got no no question about. You got to have your integrity.
Speaker 4: And you know what, Jeremy, you and I are in George are gonna do some good things with that no filter. It's just a platform that we have to work on and try to figure some things out. And I think between the three of us, the fact I know, between the three of us, it's a work in progress, but I see it being a winner over the long haul with what we're trying to do. But right now, I'm glad you and George are my co hosts on that show, and I see some good things going forward, and our show is actually going to be on I want to say around eighty eight to fifteen Eastern time on Wednesday, they'll leave. They'll be the actual lead into the Sports Exchange.
Speaker 1: Okay, so let me go into my spield.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: If you see that.
Speaker 1: Red subscribe button in the lower right hand corner, click it like a share us with everybody you know. Monday nights we talk on Fire Up Florida. We don't talk Scott does with co host they talk hockey. Then they go to into one hundred nights such as Baseball talk talking baseball. Tuesday nights is inside the Pigskin talking all kinds of football. Wednesday nights is Sports Exchange. You never know what you're gonna find on that. And then, as Jeremy said on nofilter dot Net, Scott, Jeremy and George talk sports. Then of course Thursday nights you're tuning in right now to Fire up it. We talk anything goes pretty much, but mostly mostly sports. There's a book out there, as we have been talking about.
Speaker 2: Scott wrote it.
Speaker 1: It is called Less from the Microphone, Tuning into the During Wisdom of Visionary Leaders. It came out last November and it was published by a Softword Tribune publishing company. The Ford is written by George Scott wrote the book. You know, I have to say, Scott, I was amazed it didn't take you as long as I think thought it would. And I know if I were writing a book, it would have taken me a lot longer, So kudos to you.
Speaker 2: Good book, good read.
Speaker 1: It is available on Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Kindle, Apple or Google Books.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I'm looking forward to writing the second part too. Let's thanks settle down later in the year.
Speaker 1: Awesome, awesome, looking forward to that.
Speaker 3: Woman.
Speaker 4: I'm actually anticipating working extensively on the outlining process, probably around December, and hopefully i'll have a ton by spring, because that's the thing.
Speaker 3: To get busy with spree.
Speaker 4: Training and of course motorsports. And I did least a new van so I.
Speaker 3: Could go to remote areas that don't have hotels.
Speaker 1: Okay, our website www. Dot sol Florida Tribune dot com has a link to his book. It also has a link to our merchandising website which you can get sweatshirts, t shirts, hats, you name it. It also has the writing of Smoking Jeremy B. And Scott and my pictures. It also if you like transcripts of the Lions, the Jaguars, the Dolphins, or college sports down here in South Florida. We have all kinds of articles on our website. Watch for Scott's newest and latest. We're going to be publishing his latest one on the Hurricanes and Smoking Jeremy B. Always writes a preview of the Lions, so look forward to those going up this weekend. You can also go to the YouTube channel and look at we have Hurricanes football after their last game, their press conference, so Mario Crystobal cam Ord. We have a Xavier restrepberl and not from this past weekend, but from previous game. Go check out those videos. If you like to listen to podcasts or wherever you get your podcasts. If you want to advertise or sponsor a show, call Scott nine five four three zero four four nine four one. If you ever want to be a guest on our show, comment on the chat room, but you can also email us at self word attribute at gmail dot com. You never know when we might bring you on or what show we might bring you on. Well, guys, it's been real, it's been fun. I love talking sports with you. Guys, Jeremy, you want to end us like you normally do.
Speaker 5: Absolutely, try every day to be a better person than you were the day before before, because that's the only way to make the world a better place. It hurts right here. Much love to everybody in the chat. Thank you so much, Corey Orlando, Patty Grimes, Joshua Door, de Blas, all of us. Thank you so much for joining in.
Speaker 3: H glad to be here. I look forward to seeing you the next Thursday night, same time, same place.
Speaker 1: Thanks Scott for joining us. We appreciate it.
Speaker 3: You're very welcome. Candy my pleasure.
Speaker 1: Thanks Jeremy. Until next time, have a good weekend everybody, enjoy all the sports baseball and football.