Speaker 1: Thanks for checking out the Initials Game podcast don't forget. You can get the home game version of Initials at Initials Game dot com. Versions four and five available. You can get autographed versions, t shirts and more at Initials Game dot com. And you can get information about Initials Game Live at Initials Game live dot com. You can play Initials all over town, bars, breweries, restaurants. Find out the locations and times at Initials Game live dot com. Again, thanks for checking out the Initials game podcasts. All Things Initials available at Initials Game dot com.
Speaker 2: The Twin Cities autos Show, presented a Quick Trip, will roll into the Minneapolis Convention Center April eleventh through the thirteenth, and again April sixteenth through the nineteenth. The Twin Cities Auto Show is the place to compare hundreds of new vehicles in every category Sedan's Compacts, SUVs, trucks, evs, luxury cars. Find all the details at Twin Citiesautoshow dot com.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Boddy. It's time sounds like surfing. Gays get a surfing music. Got a problem? Dan and Jean, No, you don't want to search baseball season?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's time to surf and play baseball. Yeah, although, Marnie, I don't know if you know this about surfing, but there are sharks in the water, so it's really stupid to surf. Wow, Okay, because if there were dinosaurs outside, we wouldn't go play baseball. All right, you guys ready, Hell yeah, let's go.
Speaker 2: Coward Trip welcomes you to initials Game five sixty seven presented by Hurlbird Heating and Plumbing.
Speaker 4: That's right, Hurlbert Heating and Plumbing, keeping homes comfortable for over sixty five years. Right now, you can get a free furnace with the purchase of a new air conditioner. That's right, free furnace with the purchase of a new air conditioner. Call six one, two two D and twenty one twenty today or schedule online at Hurlbert HP dot com. That's Hurlbert HP dot com.
Speaker 1: Yep. Great people. Definitely reach out to them if you need something. All right, here we go Game five sixty seven. Let's go around the room, meet the competitors. See what we're playing for. Hey, Sauce, I believe you won last week. I did. What happens if you go back to back?
Speaker 5: I'm sponsored by my amazing friends at Seventh Avenue Pizza. Really excited to announce at Seventh Avenue Pizza is now available at all Woodman's Markets locations throughout Wisconsin and Illinois. If I win today, tweet me and tag Seventh Avenue Pizza through the end of Sunday and one of you could win one hundred dollars restactive free service Seventh Avenue.
Speaker 1: It's nice hockey. What happens if you win today?
Speaker 4: If I win, I'm sponsor as always by Ragcomb Record dot Com. You're gonna get ten percent off your entire order now through Monday in store online at raccod dot com when you use the promo code initials. Discount does not apply to toppers. Let's go me, guys, go hawk.
Speaker 1: Good morning Marnie gil Now, how are what happens if you win?
Speaker 6: Well, my wonderful friends at Great Clips continue to sponsor me and thank you so much for that. If I do win, go ahead and tweet me tag Great Clips now through the end of Sunday, and one lucky winner will win one year of free.
Speaker 1: Haircuts at Great Clips Salon.
Speaker 3: And just like a good outfield, it's fram'd rather get questions?
Speaker 1: How long were you sitting on that one. You've had a lot of You've had a lot of comments on our guests in the last couple of months, their haircuts. Does Toby need a haircut?
Speaker 4: Is?
Speaker 1: Does it look fine? That's what I got.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he's well trimmed, so he looks everything. Got it suggest great clips for maintenance, obviously, but he currently does not need to be maintained.
Speaker 1: Okay, Mark Parris still a free agent. Correct free agent. But something's coming down up one, let's go. I can't wait. I cannot wait for next week. Finally a company believes in you. All right, and Toby Saint Paul Saint is making his Initials debut. You're familiar with the game. You understand the rules. Your goal is to get one.
Speaker 7: You said, yeah, that sounds like a good goal.
Speaker 1: Get on the board. Yep, sure, all right. You can also practice this game at home Tooby if you want, because there's a whole version. You can buy the home version at Initials game dot com right now. The only one that's in stock is the rest of them are sold out temporarily is version four. Version six on the way this s Franks say yes, yes, back into six. Don't worry about it. Popper nouns. Don't worry about it. What I'm very worried, Popper. Don't forget Initials Game Live dot Com. We're up to like forty five locations. You can play it all over the Upper Midwest. It's is funny. Fifteen more coming in April, so right around the corner, get out there and do it all right, But before we play game five sixty.
Speaker 4: Seven and play, by the way, the Guinness Book World Record's largest game of Initials ever at a Saint Paul Saints game.
Speaker 1: No, how cool that? Yeah? Yeah, I just had an idea, Derek, an epiphany. Yeah, let's do this.
Speaker 4: We got Mike Martichek over at whatever where man works.
Speaker 8: More God, Yeah, Citi, you did the bike for where it works, can certify it. We can get us for a world records.
Speaker 1: Cool. Hello, are you in right now? What's the biggest game seven people?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: If we count Initials Game Live, it's probably I don't know what the most they've had so far is. So I have an idea, guy, Yeah, you a question, guy? Well, and again, if Chad Abbit's listening, that was not my idea. It was Chris's. I happened to love it before game five sixty seven. Let's maybe giveaway eighty seven thousand and.
Speaker 2: Five hundred dollars Saint Paul Federal Credit Union initials, Jack.
Speaker 4: Poss Say Paul Federal Credit Union initials Jack bye, currently eighty seven others. You're looking to buy a new car, save money your current carloon deal with Saint Paul Federal Credit Union now offering carloan rates as low as four point nine to nine percent APR man apply today, Saint Paul. A few dot or you dot org slash kaffan. Let me say that again, Saint Paul FCU dot org slash kfan federally insured by the NCUA.
Speaker 1: Thank you man.
Speaker 5: So cool.
Speaker 1: They've been doing this for meurs. It's just it's been awesome. It's gone off twice. This is clearly the all time high. We're up to eighty seven, five hundred dollars. It goes up five hundred dollars every week. If the caller gets one letter in the right spot, they went two hundred and fifty bucks, which is still a lot of money. Pretty cool. But if they get them both then they get five or sorry, eighty seven five hundred dollars, which is way more than two fifty. Yeah, yeah it is. Let's go all right, I'm pulling up a caller, but Toby, just for fun, if you were guessing for eighty seven to five, what would you guess. Let's see how close you get? Cr going cr Okay? Well no, he was ready for no one's there. Hang on a second, let's try this one. Good morning. What is your name, Paul?
Speaker 7: This is Kevin from White bear Lake.
Speaker 1: Kevin from White bear Lake. How's it going, Kevin?
Speaker 8: What's up?
Speaker 4: Hell?
Speaker 1: Hi Kevin? How are you? Everybody bear like knows each other? Good? Yeah? Are you great? Do you actually know Zach? Kevin?
Speaker 8: Nice?
Speaker 1: If you return to text every once in a while. Wow, Wow, Wow you actually know Zach. We're sending you pictures.
Speaker 7: Yeah, he was actually in my wedding.
Speaker 1: Whoa, Okay, this is the treehouse guy. That's the treuse guy. Yeah, what means that is what we were talking about? The guy? No? God, yeah, I have a lot of questions. If this is the treehouse? Is this the guy that bought people's socks? Uh? No, that was fabio or something that you're making things up? Am I tripping? All right? So Kevin, here's the deal. If you win the conspiracy theories are going to come out of the woodwork. But there's no way for Zach to know these initials. Kevin, Apparently, you guys are buddies. You guys can celebrate eighty seven thousand and five hundred together if you just tell me the right to initials. Go, hey, J, you're going kJ. Those are your own initials, Those are those are your own initials. It worked for Carl, Let's see if it works for Kevin. Kevin's going kJ for a shot at eighty seven thousand, five hundred dollars. Does the treehouse guy have one in the right spot? No? No, no, sorry Kevin, Sorry, Kevin, I'll no, that's what that's what you get for liking Zach Elverson and being friends with him and going to his wedding or whatever. H no, no, no, no, no, no no, he went to Kevin's wedding, Toby, it makes if it makes Kevin feel any better. You also missed both letters, so neither one of you would have got a die. Yeah, double letters today for game five sixty seven eighty seven, five hundred dollars. If you would have said double L really good at double letters. We're going l l oh here hell best at a twelve Yell out your name, Your name is your buzzer. Pronounce the answer correctly, Mama said, knock you out. Here we go Toby garden Hier and the rest of the powers. I want to choke o l number one. Clue number one leaves a mark. Clue number two considered extraordinary. Clue number three countless achievements. Clue number four widely recognized and admired. Clue number five possibly shaped an industry. Toby, Toby Lincoln logs, that was a really good guess, really good guessing. Were you going there? All right? Toby's out for the rest of number one? Final clue Clue number six isn't dead, Paul yep five or three two one? Everybody else five four three two one. Man, they are extraordinary, tons of achievements, They're widely recognized. They might have shaped an industry. They're still with us. Those are living legends. Oh my god, it's a living legend. I couldn't figure out the living part, but it's a tough one. That's when you changed the game from All Madden, from Rookie to All Madden. That's what that was. How did we not get that? That was tough. My guess is you were trying to think of an individual. That is exactly Yep, I was trying to think of a person. Yep.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: Nobody gets living legend. Everybody shut out after one. Here is number two of double L clue number one. Often near a line, clue number two is associated with the middle of the day. Mark, Yep, lunch lady, that's right. That is are we go, lady, guy, it's done. Pull your hands up wood Hawk. You know what's funny. By the way, in the in the video can confirm this. I started to say that before I even looked up, because I knew your hand was going to be up. You and I are on the percent. I'm like, I'm gonna look up and the hand's gonna be up. And then there it was. What was your question on wood Hawk? The one from Billy Madison, Yeah, one hundred percent, the one that Chris Farley dressed up as you can give me smirches and and some sloppy Joe's good clues. Parish here onuech lady, and is on the board. He has a one nothing. Here's nonnumber three of double L clue number one. You could argue is easily deceived. Clue number two often seen falling. Clue number three looks into things. Clue number four works closely with Perry and Jimmy. Clue number five has been saved. Clue clue number six technically is in love with an alien and five four three two one? No idea?
Speaker 7: What the he?
Speaker 1: Those are tough too? In love with anybody? You guys probably saw it like elf looking into things? Is because she's a journalist. Does that helped?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 1: Oh, los Lois Lane, Oh my god, Lois Lane in love with an alien? Pall your hands out, Lois Lane? Are you not debatable? We'd have to ask if you would sleep with Superman? But Lois Lane's I know, brain, those are good? You got us good, Dear Corey, you got you got some going today?
Speaker 8: One?
Speaker 1: I will take it. Have we ever had one again? No idea? All right, Parish has one? We missed living legend and Lois Lane, but uh still a ton to go? Nine left? Here's nonumber four of double l Clue number one involves activity. Clue number two often discussed or gossiped about. Clue number three might be kept private. I'll bite Paul ye love life, that's right, say that is the correct answer one. Nobody around here gossips about stuff like that. Yeah, keep it real close to the vestnt just keep it on the up and up. Nothing to talk about.
Speaker 8: One.
Speaker 1: Sauce has one. Parish has you tied through four. Let's tie through four. Here's number five of double l Clue number one can be against you. Clue number two influences outcomes clue number three. This is a personification. Clue number four, often known to smile. Clue number five. She might abandon you. Yep, Lady Liberty. I'm sorry that got done real quick. Out for the rest of number five. It's hard today. These are hard today. All right, Chris. Out for the rest of five. Here's the final clue, Clue number six. She yep, Lady luck.
Speaker 5: Chris, that's normally one that we all rebound and nobody, Lady Pactor, guess wasn't nearly as bad as you thought it was.
Speaker 1: It was just good, guys.
Speaker 4: Let's go.
Speaker 1: We gotta go on nice warm up until seven. Toby Sauce isn't wrong. The difficulty level is higher today than normal. Let's go. Let's go, right, we can do like it challenge. All right. Parish has two and has the lead. Sauce has one. Here's number six of double L. Clue number one, a moment of satisfaction or triumph. Clue number two often follows doubt or underestimating. Clue number three. You can have this or get this. Clue number four. This suggests earlier setbacks. Clue number five. This features poetic justice, revenge or payback. Final clue Clue number six. If you have the final say and mark five four three last line, you're out for the rest of number six. Let me finish Clue six. Clue number six. If you have the final say and success, It's often said that you've had this. Hawk, can I the last last? They're not clicking. I was trying to do the thing and to quick. We tried to fish. We're we're having it. We're having a morning back here, folks. Let's go tell me Hawk it's hard today, Toby. These are tough all right. Halfway through the game, four points have been scored. Parrish has two, Sauce and Hawk each have one. Marny and Toby yet to score. Six to go. Here is number seven of double L. Clue number one. This involves two people. Clue number two features contact mark Paul Mark was first nip block sauce. Oh wait, good clues card? All right, parish out for the rest of number seven. Clue number three doesn't require a key. Marnie, Yep, locking lips? Yeah, what did we do with lip block? I mean, because it's lock lips. This is a this is a blood drawn situation all over again. I feel like liplock is one word, though lock lips is definitely two. Wouldn't liplock be one word? I mean we could google it. Yeah, I think liplock's one word. I don't think that would count I think can I don't know. I don't think that counts. I'm going to tell you this, Corey, Why don't you just go your instincts. My instinct is liplock would be one word. Anyway, there, there we go. That's a perfect way that that is a perfect way to sort it out, that we're going to move on with it. Who got that, Marny, Marny got that? What you got it?
Speaker 2: Got it?
Speaker 1: It's hyphenated in the dictionary, that liplock is one hyphenated word. That's yeah. Yeah, So then I wouldn't count anywhere. See again, instincts just go the instincts core. You got. That's it. I got two goals in the controversy. I'm just so glad Saust didn't say liplock because I think he would throw a rick through my face. I had a completely different thing, all right, when I saw your react we got five to go, I was not gonna say that. Still, here's the old recap. Parish has two. Sauce Hawk and Marnie each have one five to go. I would never hurt good. I wouldn't because I'd hire a lawyer and I'd sue you, and the lawyer would be your dad, and it would be I can't get that. Awesome, Yeah, I get the last laugh. I think for every one of these, oh my god, I'm trying to fit every single one of them and do it. He's gonna person all right. Parish, Sauce Hawk and Marny have one five. There's number number eight of double l. Clue number one might be considered over the top. Clue number two often connected to a great deal of success. Clue number three often involves a lot of travel. Clue number four often associated with extreme wealth. Marnie was first lavish lifestyle sauce ringing interpasser living large. That's right, you're living I thought you had it when you were Yeah, I was, I thought I had I thought living large. I'm glad I didn't ring in Living Large gets Sauce tied at the top. All right, Toby, four to go. You can still do this to get four crackshaded. Still we have a tie at the top with Sauce and Parish, Marnie and Hockey. You have one. Toby's got four to go. Everybody stole mathematically in this. There's number nine of double l clue number one. This phrase dates back to the nineteenth century clue number two, often surrounded by scenic views. Yep, lovers lanes. That's right, Oh, my lord, Saucy that one. That's what I thought the lip block was or whatever. That that's part of the game you were thinking about that was sitting on that segmentary start to Clue three has unfortunate connections to violent crimes, urban legends, and Syria, cause there's so many murders that. Yeah, lovers make out in the dark. You're getting stabbed. It's not appropriately named. I mean no, yeah, sometimes you're gonna get stabbed. Whoa, I mean the knife we got it. We got it. We got that. Yeah, Toby's leaving. Go ahead, Corey, your hands up? Uh, lunch lady Lover's Lane, Woody, that's his dream. You don't they need two wishes? Okay, we're down to three. Sauce. You have the lead with three, Parish has two, Hawk and Mary each other on. Toby, you have three chances left and you could still technically run the table, so it's not over yet. Here's number ten double l Clue number one originally featured dairy and lumber.
Speaker 7: Toby, Yeah, Lando Lakes?
Speaker 1: Okay? Here, Mark bring in? Did they do a lot of lumber at Landa Lakes? You are? I'm gonna try it. Lincoln Lugs? Okay, Parish out, Toby out. We're down to Marney's sauce and Hawk. Clue number two features tags. Clue number three ends in Pennsylvania, Paul yep. Little League that's right, nice one. Yeah, yeah, yeah. You guys who's been to the Little League World Series back here probably talking to Yeah, in fact, Christ, Chris Toby, Toby. Chris was going to ask you, did you ever come up one game short of getting to the Little League World Series? We want you to relive that trauma I do remember how we lost, so you do? Yeah? Oh yeah, how far did you get?
Speaker 9: We just got to the regional and then the team that beat us actually went to the Lily World Series.
Speaker 1: Okay, so you guys lost to the best. That's what I mean. That makes you feel a little bit better. Uh, Dairy and Lumber, by the way, where the team names are the first two that ever played, Like in nineteen thirty nine it was the Dairy versus the Lumber, terrible team names. You knew Sory would ring it and say Lincoln Logs. I didn't know that.
Speaker 5: It worked, like sure, just hook swallowed whole all right, Jesus, why are you explaining?
Speaker 1: Tommy says alternate version of Peter Brillian. Hawk. You're doing it, Peter. This this one has been fun, this interesting game. Okay, here's the situation. Hawk, Marnie and Toby are mathematically out, but keep going, Sauce. You have a two point lead with two to go. Uh, Parish, you need both to for it's a tie break, So Sauce, you're going for the win? Ready, Sauce, Yes, yeady lady Parish, Let's go Sauce going for the win. Here's number eleven, of double L Clue number one, debuted in nineteen sixty three. Clue number two initially used the word astro. Clue number three typically start over and read right. Clue number three typically requires thirty to sixty minutes for top performance. Clue number four this features a tapered glass vessl hawk lava lamp. That's right, that's all right, that is all right. Mathematically locks it up for sauce or close I even close lava lamp. Yeah, those things are sweet. Oh yeah, thanks hogs. All right, we're down to number twelve. Comes down to this. You can do this. I love you too, so tonight's more important. But look, this is for pride, and my guess is your family and friends that are listening are never going to let this go if you get shut out. So let's go. You can do this sauce winds. But just for fun, here's number twelve of double L Clue number one. Sometimes connected to demands or complaints. Clue number two is excessive, exhaustive, or extensive.
Speaker 7: Toby go on laundry list.
Speaker 1: Yeah, tell me it's a laundry Listen to garden Ire gets on the board at the last second. Boy, just like that. Home run you hit when you were twelve, You got one shining moment that that counts all right, Toby on the board, But sauce, you are the winner for the second consecutive week. What happens now now that I've won? Sorry, who's texting you? My brother? Now that I'm on.
Speaker 5: Tag me and Seventh Avenue Pizza to the end of Sunday and one if you could one hundred dollars to restock your freezer with Seventh Avenue patza.
Speaker 1: What's your brother sexing you about? Just how much? Snow he's gonna get where he's going? You're in the middle of a game and a show. What is your brother's an idiot? My gosh, stupid ass dove un concerned, But you texted him?
Speaker 5: He texted me it was over. I flipped my phone back over. I had like thirty five text messages. Must be nice to be popular, all from your brother.
Speaker 1: Most of them.
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay, Corey anyway, Yeah, Seventh Aveny Pizza, You're the best?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Toby, great job you did not Corey? Wow, those were That was a good list, man, But look at the last one. Sometimes connected to demands or complaints is excessive exhaustive or extensive. That's pretty good. Yeah, Yeah, that was great. I didn't expect somebody to get it that fast, so I thought that was a very good guess. Well done.
Speaker 9: The majority of those questions, I had no idea. I was like, I'm just going to fire out answers if I think I know it.
Speaker 7: I knew like none of.
Speaker 1: Them, I thought. I thought at the end once once you knew you were out, I thought, I'm like, Toby's just gonna guess. Lincoln logs the last three and cross his fingers. That's not the worst strategy either. But you didn't have to get on the board either way. Yeah, nip clop, yeah lip lock lock lips controversy, but it didn't matter. You want anyway? Yeah, didn't matter? All right? Good, that was fun. If I if I had have figured out last left then and maybe it would be Oh yeah, I'm going to be upset about lock lips, mister whatever it is. Like I said, you go with your instincts. It's your game, brother. Yeah, I was. I'm sitting on least to Leslie. Yeah, and I'm sure she was my head.
Speaker 6: Lava lamp written down as well, And I still didn't I still did not Those clues didn't fit for me.
Speaker 1: Oh, I either literally it came to me or I was a complete blank. It was the first one was something about astro. Was this to be called like an astrol I think an astral lamp or something was the name that they originally went with.
Speaker 6: That one didn't did not click.
Speaker 1: They have a lot of mp Oh, yeah, that was that in your like mushrooms phase or when did you really get into it your acid? Do you drop acid ever? No? Not on purpose?
Speaker 6: No, Actually, and my daughter recently had a lava lamp for like maybe her eighth or tenth birthday, So I feel like they must have had a resurgence in the last handful of years.
Speaker 1: It's still huge in the drug culture, absolutely, So your daughter probably dabbled. That's cool.
Speaker 7: He's over it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oddly enough. I had one, but not when I was using. Really, just because we walk the colors. Yeah, it's pretty sweet. Gods are sweet. I love it. So what do you think, Toby, You're right for baseball season? Yeah?
Speaker 7: Let's get this thing going, man, I can't.
Speaker 4: We got big things happening with the Power Trip and the Saints. We're always excited about being involved and you guys are coming back to sponsor the News again this year. So excited about that. Thank you very much. I love the Saints the best, just I love I love going down there.
Speaker 6: Will your mom and dad Are they taking the winter Bago and driving it up here and being with you for opening day?
Speaker 9: No, not for opening day. They said they're going to stay down on Florida until like May or June or something like that.
Speaker 1: April's in Minnesota to know.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it's funny when my dad comes to games now too, because he lasts about three innings.
Speaker 7: Then he's like, all right, Carol, let's get.
Speaker 1: Out of here.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 1: The traffic man, Yeah, that's right. It's a long ass drive. I hope it doesn't drive from Florida. Does eat jeezy good? It's not cool. Yeah, it's depending on what Florida around they do.
Speaker 7: Yeah, he has an RP. It's in Oklahoma. They drive it around it they love it.
Speaker 1: That's awesome. Good for them, Good life, good life coming in, Toby. That was fun man, Nice to me again. Good luck to say it's Toby.
Speaker 7: Thank you all right.
Speaker 1: Saints tonight, nice tonight, six thirty seven. Go you're gonna whoops some mass this year, thank you, Derek. And if not, it'll be super funny either way. That's the whole point. It's it's a great time, all right. Nine and noon is next. We're back five thirty to nine on Monday. Everybody, have a good weekend. Say that's right.
Speaker 7: I already have a wading Ford.
Speaker 4: Need to have a find that sunshine and just take a house. Have a great weekend in theay.
Speaker 7: Yes,