Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 2: By the way, you got to call into the mayor's office. We're gonna try to get the mayor here in the next hour, just five or ten minutes. Give us an update and all that. What's going on. Remember you're here on news radio eight forty whas dedicated employees. We're journalists, and we're gonna work through the worst snowstorm since nineteen ninety eight.
Speaker 1: This snow is totally unacceptable.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's true. No, there's true. Dwight is back at home, Dave and I are in the studios, and it sounds like we are gonna get away from snow coverage. Just to tad bit if you need help, Three one one is the number. By the way, we talked to Kelly Jones a little bit earlier.
Speaker 3: This is click at or skippet where I roll through the gossip headlines and you tell me if we're gonna click on a door skip, Yeah, let's do it. Headline Denise Richards breast implants ruptured during Special Forces filming.
Speaker 4: No, no, that is for Special Forces.
Speaker 5: We're clicking I guess yeah, why are you kidding?
Speaker 3: Of course, Denise Richards is dishing about how Bruto being on Special Forces season three is The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills. Alone shared in an interview that she ruptured her implants. I fell, well, I jumped off a bridge too, and that's when I ruptured my implants off that thing. It turns out that the harness did the damage, and Denise has yet to get them replaced. As for the show, she said, I think we pretty much signed our life away doing this one.
Speaker 5: It's dangerous.
Speaker 2: I thought this was Denise Richards, the old I'm sorry, the old wife of Charlie.
Speaker 5: I think it is. I think it is howives of she does all these B and C shows.
Speaker 1: But here's the thing.
Speaker 4: She's got fame, she's got money, so she doesn't have that to gain by going on in one of these shows.
Speaker 1: I mean, breast case scenario.
Speaker 2: This has to be.
Speaker 5: Yeah, this has to be kind of deflating for her.
Speaker 2: I am okay, so ill, How how are you just allowing those things to leak into your into your body? I would just be like, get them out as soon as possible replaced. She's like, we'll have to get to it. What what go to the hospital now?
Speaker 4: I thought it was like a saltwater though. I guess it is some of them are some of them are right.
Speaker 2: So saline, I think saline, So okay, saline. But still I'm like, get these out of these little now you have an old school sandwich bag in your in your human body. No, you would freak me out. It would freak me out, and get these out.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 1: People are called glad bags headline.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 3: Kylie Jenner low key supports Timothy Chalomey at the Golden Globes.
Speaker 1: Uh, clicks, what is that sentence?
Speaker 2: Challo May is the new Leo DiCaprio, just to let you know.
Speaker 3: And he's with a Jenner. Timothy and Kylie are keeping their relationship low key even at the Golden Globes. Didn't walk the red carpet, but was waiting for the actor inside, and she did sit next to him. Kylie stunned in a very low back metallic dress and looked happy and snaps from the event. When I asked about Jenner's support backstage, Chela May sidestepped it, saying to E T it's a great feeling to be in a room with so much love and so many great peers and people that are fantastic.
Speaker 2: It was an old school night. Jodie Foster won, and Demi Moore won. Demi Moore. I thought Demi's speech where she was just like, I never I'd never won anything. She was like, and I thought, I would you know, I'm never gonna win anything. She's and I ain't realize until then she never nominated or won anything ever.
Speaker 5: Wow, So I was like, that's incredible and.
Speaker 2: Her speech was pretty cool. It was just like, man, I thought it was old and I was out, and then the script came up.
Speaker 1: She won so good for those shows. All the way through, I.
Speaker 2: Was alone in a hotel. There was some football watched all day, but yes, I watched almost all of it. I thought that the girl what's her name, Nikki Glazer did a pretty good job. She's not she's not what is she famous for being on podcast? But yeah, what's the Yeah she she made her say a famous boo because she was the best roaster at Tom Brady's. Okay, okay, blonde girl, very very pretty and she did a good jobs.
Speaker 1: She was hilarious.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she was hilarious. So she hosted the Golden Globes last night. I did a good job.
Speaker 1: Ok.
Speaker 3: I would have watched it a long long as were they are headline Nicole Kidman dedicates award to her mom.
Speaker 2: Hang on, I gotta tell a story about last night real quick. Oh okay, so well, on this segment, we've talked about Vin Diesel's issue with the Rock, right, like, they don't like each other. They made one of those stupid fast and furious movies and I thought she loved those. I've grown past it.
Speaker 3: Oh oh my goodness, Oppenheimer.
Speaker 2: So Vin Diesel has never been asked to present anything. So he comes out and he looks at the Rock and Rock is in the front rodeos. What's soap Rock? And then turn to the camera to do his thing. And I'm like, dude, you don't want to poke that bear? No, Like, do you want him to get out of his chair and pull Will Smith? Because I mean you're a little man, dude, the rock will kill you. Go on now, I'm sorry.
Speaker 5: Nicole Kidman dedicates a ward to her mom.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's that's the headline.
Speaker 2: Skip it.
Speaker 5: That's the story.
Speaker 2: Skip it.
Speaker 5: Skip it headline. Michael J.
Speaker 2: Fox and More receive Medal of Freedom. Oh yeah, click on it. I didn't know Michael J. Fox did it. I bet that was pretty cool.
Speaker 3: President Joe Biden honored recipients of the Presidential Medal of Freedom, the nation's highest civilian honor.
Speaker 5: The honorees included Michael J.
Speaker 3: Fox, Hillary Clinton, Bono, Jane Goodall, Denzel Washington, and Moore. In a statement, the White House described the recipients as great leaders who have made America a better place through decency and remarkable achievements.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that sums up George Sorols for sure.
Speaker 2: Bono, don't you have to be American?
Speaker 5: Michael J. Fox is a Canadian.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm sorry, man, No, No, what's it? What's the name of the title American? The Medal Freedom? Where's it giving out in America by the President United States? You gotta be American? Man, I don't even understand all this go ahead.
Speaker 3: Then there were a whole bunch of winners, including Irvin Magic Johnson, Ralph Lauren.
Speaker 5: Bill Nye.
Speaker 2: How many did they give out?
Speaker 5: Your favorite?
Speaker 3: George Soros, Denz that we mentioned, Lionel Messi, and Robert F.
Speaker 5: Kennedy posthumously. They did not ask me to accept.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Robert Kennedy Jr. Thank you.
Speaker 3: Release the next headline headline. Aubrey Plaza's husband, Jeff Bena passes. Is what and I don't think he's a quarterback? Is this the Aubrey from Parkmarks and Wreck?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Click on it? What happened?
Speaker 3: Jeff Ben, a husband of actress Aubrey Plaza, died by suicide at forty seven to the LA Medical Examiner's Office. They married in twenty twenty after ten years of dating. They secretly wed during the pandemic. Bena was known for projects like Joshi and I Heart Huckabees, as well as more recent projects like Life After Beth oh Man w.
Speaker 4: Was not Hotline eight Hotline eight man, golly wait to bring the room down?
Speaker 5: Date?
Speaker 2: Okay, let's don't lend me that number either.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Headline stuck for three days with.
Speaker 3: Jersey Mike's employee fires back in Real Housewives of New Jerseys plus couple headline China Phillips Billy Baldwin back under one roof after failed experiments.
Speaker 2: China Phillips.
Speaker 4: I gotta look up China Phillips because it's not the wrestler she's She's the.
Speaker 3: One of the Wilson Phillips peoples.
Speaker 5: I don't know there's two, there's two Phillipses.
Speaker 4: China Phillips the Big One and a Little One's fifty six.
Speaker 5: One hundred pounds.
Speaker 1: No acting credits maybe right singer right c h y n na nna.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she's an American singer songwriter. Oh mam is Okay. That's the daughter of Yeah yeah from the Mom and Pop a Blonde Hot one.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah.
Speaker 5: She dated Don Henley for a while, I believe.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 3: Anyway, back in November, we told you that China and Billy were living in separate houses because they had an allergy to each other, and at the time, Phillips claimed it worked. Fast forward several weeks, the couple are back under the same roof. On her YouTube channel, California Preaching, Phillips explained the reversal. Billy called me earlier and he was like, I just read another article about how you want to be married living apart. I just want to clarify. At that time, I felt like I needed a little bit of space and really felt like.
Speaker 5: It would be the most logical thing.
Speaker 3: I'm now saying it's probably very foolish, very unwise, a very destructive, stupid decision because that's not going to solve our problem with our allergies.
Speaker 2: Super destructive decision anytime those words come out of the other person's mouth, you need to go Yeah, okay, I'm out.
Speaker 1: But you can say you're allergic to your spouse, you're allergic.
Speaker 5: To each other and living together.
Speaker 2: Apparently. I don't know what the heck that means. I think that's more common than we know.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna have to give that one a run.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you gotta.
Speaker 1: Good news. I got a shot for it. Come here.
Speaker 2: I mean what I mean, what else could you be diagnosed with?
Speaker 4: I mean you got to Actually, I think I do take shots for our allergy.
Speaker 1: Shots of tequila.
Speaker 5: Does it work?
Speaker 1: Sometimes?
Speaker 2: I will say, were you sat dandicating yesterday?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I will say that after about three or four shots of listening juice, it is easier to cope with it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I hear you.
Speaker 5: Headline.
Speaker 3: Millie Bobby brown A responds to fans talking about how she's aged.
Speaker 2: Click on it. I don't understand. She looks fantastic. Yeah, she looks fantastic. Though she started.
Speaker 3: Off on Stranger Things when she was well her character was eleven.
Speaker 5: I'm not sure how old she was.
Speaker 2: She was she's thirty eight now, man, No, she's not.
Speaker 3: When st yeah, when stranger Things started production in twenty fifteen, she was eleven. She's now an adult, married and fans are just gonna have to get used to that. She's now twenty, and she clapped back at fans who complained to selfie she posted made her look older, something the actress didn't deny. Women grow not sorry about it, she said on Insta. One fan came to her defense, saying, serious, just because she started her career as a child doesn't mean she'll always be a child.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 3: She's a beautiful woman and you shouldn't hate on her for something she can't control.
Speaker 1: I got three words. She's so brave.
Speaker 2: At some point, weird brave. It's already starting to happen now. The younger generation is not going to click on anything anymore. We just did, uh, but we're gonna it's gonna slow down because Internet outrage is what they bank on. An Internet or outrage might be one person saying, boy, she looks old.
Speaker 5: Oh my, what happened, and.
Speaker 1: Then that's it.
Speaker 2: That's Internet outrage for people.
Speaker 3: But who gets online and says you look old, she's twenty.
Speaker 2: That's what social media is for, is to be mean. I mean, dude, post something figure it find out real quick.
Speaker 3: No, thank you, so happy not to be on it at all. Headline Zachary ty Brian arrested.
Speaker 5: For d V.
Speaker 1: DV. Okay, what is DV?
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Oh, I don't know who this person is.
Speaker 3: Oh, domestic violence, maybe domestic He was one of the kids on Home Improvement?
Speaker 2: Which one though? Okay, click on it, let's find out which one is.
Speaker 5: I think, well, the two of them couldn't act.
Speaker 1: He's one of the Okay, I'm getting I'm getting sput.
Speaker 2: Up and right, well, the old.
Speaker 3: Zachary ty Brian, I think that's him. That's the blonde, the middle one had a career for a little while. He was the voice of Simba Yep on Lion King Ye. Zachary ty Brian in trouble with the law again. The former child star arrested in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina on charges of domestic violence. According to TMZ, the unidentified victim, who reportedly shares a child with him, allegedly told police Brian punched her on the left side of her face and put her in a choke hold. TMZ says the police report states the women's woman's injuries are.
Speaker 5: Consistent with her story.
Speaker 3: Run ins with the law aren't unusual for the former actor.
Speaker 4: Okay, he was the older brother on Home Improvement. Yeah yeah, And let's go ahead and do this, Zachary ty Bryant net worth.
Speaker 1: What do you think it is?
Speaker 2: Oh? Nothing, zero five million bucks?
Speaker 1: Not bad.
Speaker 2: I'll probably the rerun the syndication. Yeah, the syndication rights. He's probably getting paid on that, because that show will never go anywhere. It's probably still good. I bet you it holds up.
Speaker 1: I bet you it does too.
Speaker 2: It's thirty years ago too, bro thirty get remade and there.
Speaker 5: You have it. That's click it or skip.
Speaker 3: But you're gonna be slipping and sliding out there, and if you get into a fender bender, maybe it's one of those things where someone hits you in a parking lot. You go, ah, I don't have the money to fix this. I'm not gonna run it through insurance deductible. My rates are gonna go up. It costs too much. You can have your car back in the new year, fix your fender, fix your door for not very much money. Thanks to the simplebodyshop dot Com reinventing the way body shops run, they usually exchange thousands.
Speaker 5: Of your dollars.
Speaker 3: You don't really know what's happening in the back room. Go to thesimplebodyshop dot com. Everything is right there. This is simple, fast and affordable. A lot of these jobs can be done in two hours, certainly same day. Just a couple one hundred dollars three hundred and fifty dollars could fix your door repair painting. All of that paint perfectly matched. They'll get it done quickly. All of the prices are there. Upload your photos. They'll send you back a price, but you'll already know it because the prices are there.
Speaker 5: The simplebodyshop dot com.
Speaker 3: They're just off the Gene Schneider Freeway in Jaytown there at Taylorsville wrote.
Speaker 2: One to three inches will accumulate this afternoon alone, and then the weather will the temperatures will drop into the teens on the overnight. If you have to leave, I would do it now or in about an hour or so, and then get back home because the temperatures are gonna plumb it so and because driving tomorrow morning is going to be a nightmare. If you're in trouble or one report something. Three to one one works, and please check on your year old folks back after this on news Radio eight forty whas. All right, Governor be Sheer is speaking right now. We'll have some updates on that, and then we're gonna have the mayor on this show in ten minutes. So we're gonna get an update from the mayor in ten minutes on the Tony and Dwight Show here on news Radio eight forty whas. And I know that sound. Let's do really in the.
Speaker 3: Years, I got top twenty hits for you from back in the day. You try to figure out what year they actually came out the resurgence of Aerosmith with this one.
Speaker 1: It's the early nineties, early nineties.
Speaker 2: Remember it's January.
Speaker 1: Oh damn Youuary.
Speaker 2: That's right, ninety two, maybe like a later, maybe ninety one earlier, maybe ninety one, ninety two. Yeah, boom boom boom boom boom.
Speaker 5: Long ramp here, mister Tyler.
Speaker 1: You know this song never made sense to me.
Speaker 5: It makes sense now. They were just visionaries, correct.
Speaker 1: It never made sense to me because I don't see gender.
Speaker 5: I don't see gender.
Speaker 4: Eighties.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's admirable. It could be an eighty nine er.
Speaker 3: Okay, let's see if this clarifies things for you.
Speaker 5: Steve Winwood, Oh this is eighties, Valerie.
Speaker 2: Man, this could be eighty six or seven, right, I think we're confusing the Aerosmith song with the Armageddon era.
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, we're confusing with Pump is what we're confusing it with. Remember when they had what was that on Pump?
Speaker 2: I gone it eight or eighty nine? Sixty seven I think, or eighty seven. Maybe you are a sabatour by.
Speaker 5: I am always trying to sabotage.
Speaker 2: Yes, oh it's a Bengals.
Speaker 3: Simon and Garfunkel. Originally a lot more pepp in this one.
Speaker 2: Oh it's eighty six or eighty seven, That's what I'm thing. Yep, No, no, it could be later.
Speaker 3: Oh this is a good one, thank you.
Speaker 5: No, dude, look look around.
Speaker 2: By the way, Hoff looks still looks amazing. She's like fifty eight.
Speaker 5: Yeah, David Hosteler, No, no, David Hasselhoff.
Speaker 1: I mean does.
Speaker 2: It does look awesome?
Speaker 5: Okay, likes to call him John Camp, Cougar, Mellon.
Speaker 1: Jerry Baum. This is eighty seven, eighty eight, nothing mattered.
Speaker 2: No, this isn't all nothing? Is that?
Speaker 1: The uh huh no, this was nothing matters, And what if it did?
Speaker 2: What'd you say, Dave? Uh huh uh huh no, uh uh uh.
Speaker 1: I'm liking eighty eight.
Speaker 2: He should have followed up the album with the uh uh.
Speaker 5: That's his career now, ya.
Speaker 2: He's got a he's got a forehead on him.
Speaker 1: So he does man knogging on that one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Shake your Love eighty seven, it's eighty seven. It's eighty seven.
Speaker 4: I want to say eighty seven, but the past two times I've guessed the year it was a plus one.
Speaker 5: It's like a wedding.
Speaker 2: What a dumb song. It was so popular.
Speaker 5: Shake your Love, baby, Shake your Love.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's catching fun to dance to, But what a terrible song.
Speaker 1: I shook my love at George Jones one night. I have to tell that story.
Speaker 3: The number one song in January, the sixth, back in the day, let it Whitney Houston, so emotional she was.
Speaker 1: I just do I do?
Speaker 5: She wasn't talking crack at this point.
Speaker 4: Now, Okay, I want to say eighty seven, but eighty seven makes me want to say eighty eight, just because it's January.
Speaker 2: Early January is tough in this game, all right, then, we're gonna go nineteen eighty eights.
Speaker 1: You cool with that, bra I'm cool with it.
Speaker 2: Final answer in nineteen eighty eight.
Speaker 3: Whitney Houston so emotional was number one January the sixth, the sixth, six six six six.
Speaker 5: Yes, we do learn.
Speaker 1: From a long stay.
Speaker 2: Third times a charm awesome. All right, man back after this, we'll have the Mayor of the City of Louisville, Craig Greenberg, on to talk about the state of affairs with witcher Storm twenty twenty five News Radio eight forty whas. All right, welcome back, Tony and to my show with Dave Jennings. We're bringing the mayor right now. Craig Greenberg, How are you, sir.
Speaker 6: I'm doing well, you know, as well as you can. And I'm just really staying thankful that we've got so many folks that have been out there working twenty four to seven in preparation for the storm and since the storm began, and they're going to keep working. And the snow might be stopping here in a couple hours, but we're gonna keep going until we get all the roads clear.
Speaker 2: All right. I will not say it's complaint free, but really have done a great job. As a media member, I haven't. I've been trying to monitor as much as I can. But it seems like everybody you have put in place, and with scraping the roads, getting the salt down the police, ems that everything has moved smoothly up, you know, and until this moment, so right, is a good job everybody.
Speaker 6: I'm a good job everybody. I'm knocking on wood. I know everybody's you know. We're executing the plan. We had very detailed plans. We got ready for it. We have, you know, four salt domes that are fully that were fully stocked. We've got underground salt reserves if necessary. We've got plenty of equipment, We've got plenty of salt. We've got the people, and they're working their butts off out there, and I'm really and thankful for them. But you know what I do. Once the precipitation stops here, you know, afternoon, and we still need a little bit of time, because that's the thing is Mother Nature is not helping us out with this one tony. There's no sunshine, it's not getting warmer. We've got to do it all with plows and salts. So we're gonna keep going even after the snow stops here in a little bit, and if people can just be patient for the rest of the day, you know, through the night by I'm hoping that tomorrow we see you see you see it even better than it is. I've been out all around the city this morning as well. Interstates are looking much better than they were yesterday. The main roads like Barstown Road, Popular Level out of Loop, those are looking much better, you know, but there's still some secondary roads that will never hit, so people still have to be careful out there.
Speaker 4: I actually thought about you yesterday afternoon, Mary of Greenberg, because my wife Susan was filding calls and emails and you know, it's totally out of her control, and I thought, man, if she is working this much, how much are council people and the mayor work. And do you get a lot of I guess emails and calls from your constituents when this.
Speaker 1: Is going on.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I certainly do. And actually there helpful because it helps me troubleshoot either a particular issue that's just like sort of a one off issue, or identify issues that we can improve with the process. You know. For example, one thing that we're working on is we've got a snow map that shows when we have plowed the routes, and sometimes people I've got a couple of text from people that says, you're the map showing it's plowed, but it doesn't look like it. And what I've realized is, yeah, the snow was the road was plowed, but it was plowed eight hours ago, and we were getting inch and a half or so an hour, and so it doesn't look like it's been plowed, but it was. And so you know, maybe that's something we can improve with the mapping. It's not it's it's accurate, it's just uh so, yeah, it's it's helpful to get that feedback, so we could, you know, always looking for ways that we can continue to improve.
Speaker 3: This is your first experience with a snowmaged and how has it been. What were some of the biggest challenges.
Speaker 6: Well, I think it's it's you know, what is its big snowfall we've had in twenty five years, A little bit of you know, it's the good news is that we had a good plan in place. We've been prepared for this, even if it's not necessary. We get prepared every year and the team is executing. We've got hundreds of people out there, We've got one hundred and ten snow routes, what is it, twenty one hundred miles twenty seven hundred miles of lanes that we plow and salt, and you just hope that everyone executes the plan. Well. Again, mother nature is not cooperating. But so far, I've just been really really proud of the team that's been the biggest nerves because last night, for example, didn't know how much ice we were going to get, was very concerned about power outages all across the county. Fortunately, we do have some, but not nearly as much as we thought we were going to have. And so I'm just proud of the team that's working their tails off and will continue to work twenty four to seven for as long as we need.
Speaker 2: You know, when a college coach loses a football game, he gets the call from his athletic director, but then the big donor calls, right, so he's got an answer to the big donor, does how when this is all over, will you call ups and go, hey, how do we do? Because you know, we all know the history of ups and snowstorms and how Abramson had to really sort of reinvent the wheel in trying to get this thing done and turned around after the ninety four Whether the businesses obviously need to some of them, they have to stay open. UPS has to keep moving, right, So where are we with that?
Speaker 6: Well, yes, that's a good example. So we have been in direct contact with UPS during the whole storm to make sure, you know, their employees could get to and from work. The folks at the airport doing everything they can to keep the airport operational. And so my understanding, I'll let UPS speak for MI understanding is they're you know, going back at it in terms of sorting tonight. I got some positive feedback from from UPS late yesterday, but we are in very close touch with them and other large employers and other you know, key groups around the entire commit unity.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry follow up there. So here's what I loved that when you said yesterday or two days ago, now it's all mixed in there. I can't remember what presence it was, but you said that you all were. So here's where they're helping us. So the the the weather information from inside the planes that are flying in, we're gonna help you all assist you all and what the what was happening? I thought that was awesome.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean they have some the best technology and radar and all of that that does inform the National Weather Service. So we have a unique advantage here in Louisville with respect to you know, what's what's going on in the National Web Service. I mean, they got this one right. I know some people are always, you know, critical of predictions, but this one they got right. I'm glad and I'm really thankful to the entire community. I think people have heated warnings. Yesterday, I was a little concerned when I was out and about. I thought there were a lot of cars on the road, more than should be. It's it's been pretty quiet today. That gives our plows the ability to get through to get their work done. And you know, if you can a roads, it's a couple of quick things. You know, people should know that not every road gets touched. We have one hundred and ten routes with twenty seven hundred miles of lanes as I mentioned. But for example, I live on a city street, but it's a smaller street. It never gets plowed, and it's not in getting to the main roads and also sidewalks. Sidewalks are the responsibility of the homeowner or the business owner or the renter. The city does for its property, but for non city property, the owners of the property are responsible for the sidewalks, So just want people should be aware of that as well.
Speaker 4: Talking with Mark Craig Greenberg Snowmageddon twenty twenty five, it didn't take as long in the first year to get this. The first question is you said we have twenty seven hundred miles and I guess one hundred trucks that's basically driving to Los Angeles. How long does it take if you're fully staffed, how long does it take the crews to cover that.
Speaker 1: Twenty seven hundred miles?
Speaker 4: And secondary question, do we have any cool snowplow names like Betty wide Out or the Big Laplowski or anything like that.
Speaker 6: Well, let me get to that second question. In the second here, Dwight, one hundred and ten routes, we don't have one hundred and ten trucks. We probably will more than that one hundred and ten routes twenty seven hundred lane miles. So if you've got like Herstborm Lane, for example, you know it's a four lane road that's included in there. It takes six hours if we're just salting, it takes six hours to do a complete route. If we're plowing and salting, when the trucks have to drive a little bit slower, it takes about ten to twelve hours so to do a complete route. So every street now in Louisville, well nearly every street that's on the route, has been hit twice with both initially either just salt or salt and plow with its accumulation had started yesterday morning and now plowed again. They're going to be hit a third, maybe a fourth time as needed. But yes, it takes six hours for assaulting, twelve hours for plowing. Also could pick up to that much. And in terms of names, I'm not aware, but you know, we did have this thing with some jp JCPS schools where they painted some of the plows, and so some of the plows are really cool because some school keeps plaint the plows. But I'd like to say for the next one, you gave me a good idea. We'll have to get some good names before Louisville Parade.
Speaker 1: How about this one? Control sought delete.
Speaker 5: That's one of my favorite.
Speaker 6: That's a good one.
Speaker 2: That's a good one.
Speaker 3: So how much of city government and its agencies are shut down today and what's the plan moving forward?
Speaker 6: So right now, nobody is shut down entirely as far as I know. We have our our libraries that are open as warming centers. You know, we're expecting also in case we have power outages where people could go recharge. We have other shelters too. Tark is operating on a very reduced schedule today because you're waiting for the road conditions to get a little bit better, So people should check the Tark route before we people are working remotely. The only closure I'm aware of is the zoo. The zoo is closed today and we've got people working remotely. But otherwise, you know, we're at it. We have to be able to serve the public in times like this that that's when people rely on government the most. And sunny days in the middle of June, they're not thinking about what we're doing here at the city government. But today people want to know that Metro government's working for them and they're getting a bang for their buck with their tax don.
Speaker 5: The polar Bears are like, damn this is my time to shine.
Speaker 6: Man other people.
Speaker 2: That's right, But let's make no mistake here. We are not in We didn't finish the game here. We're in about the third quarter of this weather event. So so people that are listening to it right now, listening to us right now, when are you going to speak again to the city And then I know Vashir just spoke. I don't know if you were involved with that or not, but when are you going to do another update? Because it looks like those the temperatures. You know, we talked to Kelly Jones from Metro and he's like, look, the temperatures are going to go in the teams. This is going to get d for tomorrow morning. So we're not finished yet. We don't have the ball in the end zone just yet. So where are we at with your all's coverage and where are you going to move from here?
Speaker 6: Yeah, so at noon today, so just about an hour and fifteen minutes, I'm going to do another briefing. You can watch on any one of our social media channels or on Metro TV's YouTube. Some of the stations might cover it as well. But at noon today we'll do another briefing and my big message is going to be. I'll give you a preview of the message. It's going to be that I know the snow is getting ready to stop. Thank you for heeding the warnings. Give us a little bit more time once the precipitation ends to continue to get the road salted and plowed to make it safer for everybody to get back to normal. But even when it does, you've got to be careful because again there're gonna be secondary roads that are not plowed. It is going to be freezing cold. Mother Nature is not helping us on this one. There's no sunshine, there's no warmth coming. We're you know, expecting snow again on Friday. So please be patient with us and give us a little bit more time this afternoon. But that's my message, not to the community today.
Speaker 2: All right, we'll let you go go to that. And do you have a special bad weather like varsity jacket with the mayor's symbol them on it? Because you know the President does that every once in a while where he has the special I'm going to work jacket, you know, do you have one of those?
Speaker 6: Well, it's funny that you should ask, because I am wearing a three quarter zip. I'm not going on day three of wearing the same three quarter zip that does have a you know, Louisville metro government logo on it. It did change my shirt today.
Speaker 1: I got oh good.
Speaker 2: Appreciates that.
Speaker 6: It's funny that you mentioned that, because a couple of my colleagues did say to me, have you washed that a few of those and I said, nope, you might want to stay away. I'm going to wash it tonight, though. We save a little bit of detergent for me when I get home tonight because I'm watching it Washington, Yes, tonight.
Speaker 2: We appreciate a mayor that is out in the elements and not changing his quarter zip for three days. Not all mayors do that. Great job. We love you, Craig. We'll talk to you soon, buddy.
Speaker 6: Thank you all, Thank you having you man well.
Speaker 2: Bent Rachel's like, yeah, yeah, I know you haven't watched it. Now.
Speaker 5: You need to stay in that room there.
Speaker 4: I can't believe that it covers twenty seven hundred miles with plowing and salt within twelve ten to twelve hours.
Speaker 6: Well.
Speaker 2: We talked to Kelly Jones earlier and he said, think about it from ninety four to today, how many more roads have been paved and neighborhoods have been created in all that stuff to where and he's right, and the mayor's right. Hirstborn is five six lanes, so that's not just plowing, Hirshborne, You've got five lanes of that to plow. It's crazy.
Speaker 4: Great from email, Thank you Dave, Dwight and Tony for being on the air, even though Dwight's gate won't open. Did I hear you mention Rochester, New York? That's where I lived for thirty years previously. And yes, plows on garbage truck do a great job clearing the snow up yep, spent my.
Speaker 5: First fourteen years up there.
Speaker 2: Sims fate list.
Speaker 4: Listen Sim's furniture s I ams one am sofas and love seats.
Speaker 1: Yeah you got him.
Speaker 4: How's that living room look? Well, let's upgrade it. Let's make it a living room you're proud of. How about a sofa and a love seat only eight hundred and ninety nine dollars. I wanna make it better throwing a three pack of tables, two lamps, an area rug and it's still only one thousand, two hundred and ninety nine dollars. The bedroom, Baby, that's where all the magic happens, and it's gonna be even more fun when you walk in in.
Speaker 1: You love your bedroom set? How about this?
Speaker 4: A seven piece bedroom set includes the queen bed, a dresser, a mirror, a chest of drawers, a nightstand only nine hundred and ninety nine dollars.
Speaker 1: You're gonna love your Sims furniture. I'm talking about.
Speaker 4: High quality, beautiful furniture at a discount that you won't believe. Sims Furniture, Sims Dixie Highway and Preston Highway. You're gonna love it. Stick around more on the way, including news on news Radio eight forty whas.
Speaker 2: I'm snapping, can you hear it? I got beat?
Speaker 1: I got it, I got beat?
Speaker 5: You got to beat?
Speaker 2: I got to beat?
Speaker 1: What what is this? Davis got me stumped?
Speaker 5: Matthew sweet?
Speaker 2: Yeah. This was late eighties, orties, late nineties, I think ninety eight, maybe maybe earlier.
Speaker 4: In this Sick of Myself is the song news Radio eight forty whas Dwight Whitten, Tony Vannetti, Dave Jennings rolling along through the first day of Snowmagedton, I guess second day of it and I'm looking out my window right now and it's starting to come down. Either that or it's no, it's coming down. I thought it might have been just blown off the roof.
Speaker 2: But I want to thank the mayor for coming on with us the last couple of minutes. It'll be on the podcast a little bit left, about an hour after the show, so if you want to hear that, he's going to have another press conference at twelve o'clock to kind of kind of fill people in. But I love the story. It was like, I'm in the same quarters it for three days. I value a mayor that is going to stay in the same clothes for three days and make sure the city's rolling.
Speaker 5: He's not just delegating. No, he's hearing it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's right. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I stayed in my clothes from Friday all the way until this mo my sweats and my Rolling Stone shirt.
Speaker 1: Do I get credit for that? No? It didn't shower either.
Speaker 2: To be honest, you're not even wearing pants.
Speaker 5: I'm not going I'm not sunglasses, though.
Speaker 4: I am wearing my Shady Rays. I love my Shady Rays. You're gonna love your Shady Rays too. We're talking high quality, beautiful polarized sunglasses and their risk free.
Speaker 1: Listen to this. Loved ones.
Speaker 4: If you lose them, if you break them, if you're stolen, they replace them. Even if they're scratched, they replace them. I love the color rush. They make all of the colors so much more bright and vibrant. If you're a golfer, check out the green Wolves. The green Wolf series are specifically designed for golfers to follow the ball. Check out the mystery boxes. They are only eighteen dollars and there's nothing wrong with these sunglasses. They're just last year's models. Fifty sixty, seventy eighty dollars glasses for eighteen dollars. You're gonna love your Shady Rays and like I said, they're risk free. In store at the Oxmoor Center, online at Shady rays dot com.
Speaker 1: Stick around news at the top of the hour and more fun.
Speaker 4: Tony Venedi, Dwight Witt, and Dave Jennings News Radio eight forty wh A s