Speaker 1: Okay, guys, we're gonna have to cut this intro short today. We gotta go, we gotta go. Good morning.
Speaker 2: This is Ed McMahon and now ladies and gentlemen, He.
Speaker 3: Rod Ryan, what chay, Hey, wakey, wakey, hands off Snake.
Speaker 1: Days rod Ryan Show. Checking in on this Free Beer Friday, last day before we are off all next week for Thanksgiving. Free Beer Friday presented by Specs Beer Straight Up at six seven, eight nine Fresh Fish, we'll explain everything about the fresh out of manheads your head coming up. Another two hundred and fifty dollars Living Spaces gift card coming your way, homeroom, you're getting that on the fun Fact Flashback World premiere New three days Grace, we'll have that song for you at seven twenty this morning, guitarists, it's the last day. My goodness, someone is going to spin the wheel. I will at a twenty highly suspect went out, filter went on the wheel. There's always fourteen guitars on that wheel. Open Phones Friday in the last hour of the show, and so much more Today. Oh, we're giving away that trip to California for our Alter Ego show. Okay, so Sunny's guys today ten percent chance of rain hiph seventy four.
Speaker 2: We'll get the rest of.
Speaker 1: The weekend low down coming up in just a little bit.
Speaker 2: Right now, Tessa has Houston's headlines.
Speaker 4: Hey, good morning, Ride, good morning a home room.
Speaker 5: President elect Trump wasted little time in announcing his new pick for attorney general after Matt Gates withdrew his nomination yesterday. Trump chose Florida former Florida Attorney General Pam Bondive for the position, saying in a post on True Social that she'll refocus the GoJ to its intended purpose of fighting crime and making America safe again. Here in Texas, Governor Craig Abbott says more giant booies are going into the Rio Grand. The state installed the floating border barrier last year in order to deter illegal river crossing. The Justice Department later sued Abbot trying to force the removal of the barrier in an ex post on Wednesday, but said Texas won't back down from its efforts to secure the border.
Speaker 4: Hey, what's the best time to eat on Thanksgiving?
Speaker 1: One quick?
Speaker 4: No, go take our poll question.
Speaker 5: Well, you're with the majority so far, Rod, Oh, actually no, you're not so from twelve to two that thirty one point six percent of our audience says is a perfect time.
Speaker 4: Two to four is the sweet spot.
Speaker 5: Right now, thirty six point eight percent of our our listeners say that's when the perfect time to eat is on Thanksgiving Day between four.
Speaker 4: And six twenty six percent, And then after.
Speaker 1: Six animals who eats after six o'clock on Thanksgiving?
Speaker 6: Inze, I be eating mult all days?
Speaker 1: What do you do all day?
Speaker 4: I needn might need a little earlier than noon. Hey, put that burn on the table. Eleven, let's go.
Speaker 1: I'm down for that.
Speaker 5: Okay, let's talk about Gladiator two. It's the sequel to Ridley Scott's two thousand, critically acclaimed Best Picture winning historical epic, and years after witnessing the death of the Reverend hero Maximus at the hands of his uncle, he is forced to enter the coliseum after his home is conquered by the tyrannical emperors, who now lead Rome with an iron fist. Oh mean, now, listen, I'm not going to tell you the whole plot line. Gladiator two is bigger than the first film, and it is an epic epic battle in every sense of the word. So the film stars Paul Mascal. You got Pedro Pascal. You have, of course, Denzel Washington in here. Ridley Scott is just one of the most visionary filmmakers of all time. I mean Gladiator, Duh, Alien Blade Runner, Blackhawk Down the Martian Thalmlon.
Speaker 4: Luise, go see Gladiator two.
Speaker 5: It is in theaters today and it's available in Imax. All right, let's chalk about some music, because we have a new three days Grace World premiere all day to day on ninety four five The Buzz. The new song may Day is going to be played every other hour at the top of the hour. It features their vocalists Matt Waltz, and they've reunited with the original lead singer, Adam Gauntier.
Speaker 4: So we've got it today for you. Those are Houston's headlines.
Speaker 2: Take it Alex.
Speaker 6: On Thursday Night football, it was a snow game. It was awesome.
Speaker 7: Jameis Winston is just a soundboard and he's hilarious.
Speaker 6: And the Browns beat the Steelers twenty four to nineteen.
Speaker 7: Running back Nick Chubb at two touchdowns of the game for Cleveland, including.
Speaker 6: The game winner.
Speaker 7: Texts will be back at home on Sunday to host the Titans at NRG Stadium. There's seven and a half point favorites coming into this one. Kickoffs at noon and you can watch that one on CBS in Basketball Rocket to Back in Action tonight, they're gonna play the Trailblazers in the NBA Cup. Is the group stage of that tournament still Tibob's at seven and you can listen to it on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety.
Speaker 6: That is what's going on in sports.
Speaker 1: Here we go four hours of pain. First phone call is going to be our first reer winner today. Strap yourselves in, kids, we are going to be in sale busy today. I mean busy, busy, busy looking for some brand new players just for funzies, fresh out and bad heads. Your head challenge coming up. We'll tell you all about that. You want that beer, come get Bam Friday.
Speaker 8: You got free Bam Friday. You got a free Bad Friday. You got a free Man Friday, Free Bam Friday, Right Bam Friday, Bare Friday, and free Bare Friday.
Speaker 1: Good morning, Rod Ryan's Show, Good morning, Well Hello, who's in room?
Speaker 9: Family?
Speaker 1: Thomas Thomas Thomas, thanks for being up early with us. Bromm. Yeah, your colored tell you there, you got it, you got the you got them fantastic. That's first case the bird. Okay, so our poll question today, I'll vote for you. We're on the X. I don't know if you're still monkey around with Twitter or not. But what's the time. That's how I've worded it properly. What is the right time to sit down and eat on Thanksgiving? Twelve to two, two to four, four to six, after six go Thomas.
Speaker 10: I'm.
Speaker 1: Yeah, twelve to two, twelve to I mean, okay, number one. The people that complain about that, like, oh, I gotta get up and put the bird in at six o'clock, get up early on things. You need the bird. The bird needs to go in.
Speaker 7: At sixth grade, your Lions game, in the Cowboys game, then you have the late game, and then by the late game you should be done with them.
Speaker 2: You want the whole house smelling like bird all day.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 2: Now, now also on that. There's a blog page up for this, and I'll cut you loose, Thomas.
Speaker 1: Is it do you dress up for dinner or is it like sweatpants? I mean, you know you're gonna hoss out. Are you wearing real comfortable clothes. Are you dressing up a little? Is it just a regular day? What? What's there? Not sweat fans?
Speaker 10: But it'll be a little nicer than that.
Speaker 11: But it's not a maybe a pearl snapshirt.
Speaker 4: But we get on a Sunday mess.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Thomas and I are about the same here. I mean, I look, I don't look homeless when I'm at the table. You know, people rolling up in there. There's slip on slippers and sweatpants to Thanksgiving dinner. That's weird to me. I get it. I get it. It's comfortable. It's weird to me.
Speaker 5: I think the later the dinner is, or the or Thanksgiving meal is. I think the nicer you have to dress your later it guess Yeah, I don't know that time takes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, all right, hey listen Thomas, enjoy your beers man, Happy Thanksgiving.
Speaker 12: Thank you.
Speaker 1: We got a question up on the X this morning. There's a whole question. There is a blog page, there's everything. Guys insanely busy today we're looking for fresh fish. What does this game mean? Well, it means Google doll tickets to the winner, so that's big. The tickets are going on sale today at tense We put it a really good prize, but that's it. Your journey stops there. If you win today or if you lose today, that's it. You're done. We're on vacation next week. We come back on Monday, fresh out of bad. Head to head Tournament of Champions starts. Okay, and then I got some great stats that John sent me two hundred and fifty dollars Living Spaces gift card. That's coming your way on the fun Fact flashback. So Homeroom, you're getting the last one of those We Love You the Most World premiere three days Grace. We heard a little clip in the headlines there. It sounds great. That's the only time I've heard it, so that was my first clip hearing it. It sounds like it's gonna be awesome. Seven to twenty will play you that song. The Guitarvest. The last day. I hate to see these things go away. It's the last day of the Fall Guitarvest. Okay, we're gonna spin the wheel. Highly suspect went out, filter went on on the wheel, open phones, and then we leave you qualifying one final person for that trip out to California to our Alter Ego show. And then we'll turn around and do the grand prize drawing. We got to do that radio Head Thanksgiving song today.
Speaker 2: Tree hit me up.
Speaker 1: He's like, dude, you haven't played that yet. I'm like, you're right, we have it. So we'll do that some fun Thanksgiving stuff today on the show. And our first break is upon us already. So when we come back on a rec check for you, we'll find out what's trending, and then we'll get set up for this fresh out of bed heads.
Speaker 13: Ahead, Houston's Rock, Houston's.
Speaker 14: Alternative and tell them at The rod Ryan Morning Show ninety four, the Bus.
Speaker 1: Ninety four to five, The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan Show. On this free Beer Friday, we have sunny skies today, nothing over a ten percent chance of rain hype seventy four. How's the rest of the weekend looking? Is it gonna hold out? Well, it's gonna warm up a little bit sunny, ten percent chance of rain seventy five Tomorrow ten percent chance of rain, partly cloudy eighty two on Sunday.
Speaker 2: All right, what's trending?
Speaker 5: Okay, so you had a football game last night. A lot of people searching that snow game. Yeah, a game of the snow always very fun Snow mode.
Speaker 4: But also, I know you don't want to hear about him.
Speaker 5: But Jason Kelsey scored another ESPN gig, so in addition to being a commentator on ESPN's Monday Night Football, once the playoff starts, he's gonna be hosting a show called they call it Late Night, and it's an hour long show that'll run Friday nights on ESPN technically Saturday morning since it starts late.
Speaker 2: But yeah, She's like, I know you don't want to hear about it, but here it comes here.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm sorry, I'm sorry. It's it's gonna go until Pro Bowl weekend. I mean, I don't know what to tell you.
Speaker 6: Also, remember that week show?
Speaker 5: Remember that duct tape banana that was like art?
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, I saw it sold.
Speaker 4: It sold for six million dollars.
Speaker 1: But it wasn't even the same banana or same piece of duct tape. We thought it was like a cover.
Speaker 5: Either way, it was a work of art that has been doomed to be eaten by its buyer. The proud owner of the work now since now says he plans on eating the banana unless Elon Musk wants to step in. And send it to outer space. Guys, I don't get that story. I don't understand the banana, the art. I'm money, it's too artistic for me.
Speaker 4: It is officially become too artistic.
Speaker 5: Also, there's a little I'm got a CFA fallout concerning George Straight. All of the videos and memes of him, he looks miserable.
Speaker 4: He doesn't seem like he's having any fun.
Speaker 5: Everyone still talking about just how funny it is, like his face, he's like wow, like all the memes. Yeah, he he doesn't seem to like the the current era of country music there.
Speaker 4: So that's what's trending. On eighty four five of the bus.
Speaker 1: I can't play this victory speech?
Speaker 4: Why not?
Speaker 7: I have it on my computer if you want me to play it into my microphone.
Speaker 2: Is it on the desktop here?
Speaker 6: It's on my computer here?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah it is.
Speaker 6: It is on the it's the I'll shut up.
Speaker 4: Hold up, yeah, I want to hear it.
Speaker 1: I cannot believe. Okay, let's see if it'll play.
Speaker 4: Come on four.
Speaker 2: I take it all bitches, No.
Speaker 10: That's take it all bitches.
Speaker 4: Well, they try it.
Speaker 1: I don't know what happens with the Sean Connery you deserve better. Listen. You guys all heard it yesterday for the tournament.
Speaker 6: It's gonna be perfect, I promise.
Speaker 2: Okay, it's not bizarre.
Speaker 6: I'll share it out.
Speaker 1: And it was a different color everything. Everything was weird here. Okay, So Sean Connery went into the Hall of Fame. Give me the sixteen people in the hall. Oh, you're really flushing out the crappy questions today, aren't you. Yes, she didn't even update it. It's just get rid of these. I'm gonna listen bad questions today. I'm just telling you he's so good. It's for funzies. If anybody can play, I don't care. Anybody can play. I don't care if you've played yesterday, if Sean Conrie call back, if Sean Connery plays, I don't care.
Speaker 2: Anybody can play today.
Speaker 1: It's the last regular season game of the year, so anyone can play. It is for Google doll tickets, though, okay, seven one, three, two two five nine four five. Kind of an exhibition game because you don't go any further after this. But you can't score the tickets and play the game and then maybe get a little too up in, you know, for you to play next year seven one three two, win two five ninety four five Come on this Thanksgiving, be thankful for your trashy neighbor, Becky hop dance, Happy Thanksgiving rod Ryan on ninety four ninety four or five the bos, Good morning rod Ryan's show. Offspring, the kids aren't all right? Offspring are on our alter Ego show. We are going to qualify one final person. Chiley put it on the ass end of the show. Before we leave, we will ask you a question know the show that'll get you a Case's the Elephant neon pill vinyl, and then you'll be qualified one of five people in the hopper to go see Cage the Elephant and Offspring and all these other incubits, all the other great bands out there in California at our show. So grand prize drawing before we get out of here. Nothing's easy today. Okay, nothing's easy today. We're not calling it in on the last day before vacation. That never happens to us. All right, ten percent chance of rain sunny today, Hi have seventy four. Come on, and now it's time for the fresh out of band head to head challenge. Listeners to your corners. I don't care if there's a rematch of yesterday's game. Fine, both players that played yesterday could play today. I said, I didn't care. It didn't matter to me who played today. Who do we got here? Josh? Hi Josh, Good morning Ron. There's a Josh that hasn't played. You're a fresh fish, Josh. Fa facy buddy, you're kidding me.
Speaker 2: I thought all the josh is that played by now.
Speaker 1: But a nice piece of fish.
Speaker 2: You are a nice piece of.
Speaker 1: Fish, dude. Good to have you on. Josh never never played before. Now he's taking on Mark Mark, Good morning, Hey morning Rod. Hello Mark. Now you have played before. But Chilly tells me it's been a long time.
Speaker 11: Yes, sir, about four or five years, So back back, ready for it?
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, good to have you on. Listen.
Speaker 1: It is Google doll tickets on the chopping block here with Yeah it's a really good ticket with with a friend's dashboard confessional. So tickets go on sale today at ten livenation dot com. I'm just telling you right now, these questions, boy, get them out. Yeah, you guys are getting there. Yeah, we're flushing it. We're flushing it with you guys for sure. Shout out your name when you think you know the answer. Mark's played before Josh, you're shouting out your name, say it before him. Give me the correct answer. Do it twice.
Speaker 2: You're going to see the dolls.
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, guys, here we go.
Speaker 4: Good luck.
Speaker 1: According to the old saying, it needs to be set up somehow. What should you kill people with? Gosh, Josh, kill kindness? Killing with kindness is a correct answers.
Speaker 5: A nice guy, Josh, it needed a s thank you well, rod tweaked it.
Speaker 4: It just said what should you kill?
Speaker 2: What should you kill people with? That's her question.
Speaker 1: There was There was no qualifiers or anything else.
Speaker 4: It's like your psychopath, what you kill people with?
Speaker 1: No butter knives?
Speaker 4: You should never kill people with butter knives?
Speaker 1: Okay, who got that?
Speaker 6: That's all you have?
Speaker 1: Josh?
Speaker 4: Josh?
Speaker 1: Okay, Josh is anyway, you see why I didn't use that question all year?
Speaker 6: Makes sense?
Speaker 1: What Josh got that one?
Speaker 13: Right?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 6: But who's he playing?
Speaker 2: Josh is playing Mark?
Speaker 4: Okay, Marks still there?
Speaker 5: Great.
Speaker 4: I've just wanted to know you're still alive.
Speaker 1: Wonderful you think nobody's ever done that?
Speaker 2: Like that question was so dumb. I'm hanging up.
Speaker 1: She's like, is Mark still there?
Speaker 2: Next question?
Speaker 1: Okay, what type of platform is Blue Sky Mark?
Speaker 6: Josh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Mark?
Speaker 13: Mark?
Speaker 4: What's up Mark?
Speaker 10: Social media?
Speaker 4: Let's go?
Speaker 1: It's a social media plat a game?
Speaker 4: Hell's face of discuss?
Speaker 2: Hell, if I could put a sound to your face, you look.
Speaker 4: Like George Street at the CMA.
Speaker 1: If I could put a sound to your face, it would sound like it would is a fart. What type of platform is Blue Sky Social?
Speaker 4: Hello?
Speaker 2: Mark's on the board. Okay, none of this for the tournament place?
Speaker 4: Ask them all of these okay, go.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, Okay, I've been looking at this one for four months? What is the name of the currency used in the United States?
Speaker 10: Mark?
Speaker 1: Is that even a right? Answer?
Speaker 4: Mark?
Speaker 2: Mark?
Speaker 1: Us dollars?
Speaker 4: Got it?
Speaker 15: He got it? Got it?
Speaker 1: Dollars? Is that right?
Speaker 16: You don't know?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 7: How the money man?
Speaker 4: He liked that one.
Speaker 1: So we asked the rest of them to them, No, no, this has already been I don't know if I want to hear anymore.
Speaker 6: Ask them what more?
Speaker 1: N Mark wins? What are you giving Mark?
Speaker 4: Nothing?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 4: Nothing? Okay, Google doll tickets? You win them? El sure?
Speaker 11: Oh yeah, thank you?
Speaker 2: All right, fresh fish, I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: I don't know if that like made you like the game more made your skin a little tougher for next year. I don't know, but you got that under your belt, Josh. I hope to hear from you next year. Thank you, guys. We'll see you next year. Oh weird, not gonna think about to Mark too, hope to hear from you next year. Let's at least let's let's attempt a victory speech.
Speaker 14: Okay, Mark, all right, all right, hang on The rod Ryan Show Mornings on ninety four five the.
Speaker 1: Bus, ninety four the bus, Corn rod Ryan Show. It is free Beer Friday. It is Fanny Friday. That's our Instagram feature today. I got some really really good stuff interesting things too to look at on the Looking at Girls blog page. I I hope you get a chance to go and check that out. Got a two hundred and fifty dollars Living Spaces gift card coming up.
Speaker 2: But we did get a victory speech. I mean, we might as well play it a fresh out.
Speaker 1: Of bed head to head shout Edge, here's your current champion. Good morning, everybody.
Speaker 10: This is your boy Mark. I am a fresh out of bed head to head one day champion.
Speaker 11: But Unfortunately my journey stops here because I have to let the Hall of Famers take over.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you what.
Speaker 10: The safe of the victory is very sweet though, and those Google dolls take it there nice.
Speaker 11: So you bet you're ass you'll hear back from me in twenty twenty five.
Speaker 1: Is he done?
Speaker 10: Oh yeah, bitches, Oh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he had to get that. Hey, okay, fine game, a fine game.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna use these questions. You didn't you no?
Speaker 1: No, hey, yeah, burn Alex. Take that piece of paper from her. Please burn the whole thing, Burn the laptop. Okay, Torch the whole thing. Torch that whole area of the room. Okay, we need a fresh bat. Some questions, I'm sure, I'm sure. I speak for all sixteen Hall of Famers here, sixteen Hall of famers.
Speaker 2: They got in on my beautiful question, kill them with greatness.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: On your questions, what should you kill people? A?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 1: What should you kill people with? Hal That's the question I.
Speaker 2: Say, anything, would have I would have had to allow anything. Now not qualified that. According to the old tape, it's the fuck.
Speaker 1: Back to the day we make you right wrong, Back to the day toothpick winner. Okay, ironing board winner, wrong, pizza crust winner.
Speaker 2: I would have had to given a winning to any answer.
Speaker 4: No, you don't.
Speaker 1: Okay, here we go. I brought in some fun facts for you guys today. A super Bowl winner, a pink flamingo. You win, congratulations. You should kill people with a pink flamingo again. All right, here we go, Robin Williams, this is a great one. This is a great one coming in Strong today. Robin Williams and the great Ron Jeremy both made their film debut in the same movie. Back in nineteen seventy seven, there was a comedy called Can I Do It Till I Need Glasses? After that, Robin went on to be Robin Williams and then Ron Jeremy, I guess, went on to be Ron Jeremy and switched genres to make porn movies. Do you remember that movie?
Speaker 7: I do?
Speaker 17: You do not?
Speaker 18: I can tell you about one of the scenes, but I can't tell you.
Speaker 1: Over the air.
Speaker 2: Okay, is it a horrible movie?
Speaker 1: It's pretty bad.
Speaker 10: I liked it.
Speaker 1: It's can I do it dot dot dot Till I Need glasses?
Speaker 2: Question mark?
Speaker 1: Okay, you'll remember this one scene when I tell you about it.
Speaker 2: Okay, what's the currency. What's the currency we use here in America?
Speaker 1: The dollar?
Speaker 2: Okay, cash, I was gonna say cash, captain.
Speaker 1: There are two hundred and ninety three ways to make change for a one dollar bill.
Speaker 4: Whoa dollar bill, y'all.
Speaker 1: Finally, a little something to get you ready for next week. Listen, cranberries. You guys did not put them as an important part of your meal on Thursday. And I that's the top five for me.
Speaker 4: Gotta be there.
Speaker 1: Cranberry's homemade cranberries. Okay, Now, ripe cranberries bounce like rubber balls. Okay, they got tiny air pockets inside that allows them to float and bounce around. That's how you know they're right now. Wisconsin is the top cranberry producing state, and agricultural groups there say for it to be considered ripe, it must bounce one foot off the ground.
Speaker 6: It's the fuck.
Speaker 1: That's the day we make you look smart. It's the Fu's the day? All right? What are you giving away?
Speaker 5: So I have the two hundred fifty dollars gift card to Living Spacespaces Woo. The Rainy Living Space's location is now open at Baybrook Mall and friends would learn more at livingspaces dot com.
Speaker 15: It's your fun.
Speaker 1: Okay, these two vegetables are not the same thing. How's been getting it wrong his whole life? The US government perpetuated the error, and they labeled them as the same thing. They are not. What are these two not same things? What are these two different things that are not the same? Okay?
Speaker 2: Seven one three two and two five nine four five, Hell your whole life.
Speaker 1: It's now time for rockout with your stock, out with captain cash.
Speaker 2: You sit on a throne of lies.
Speaker 18: I bounced rod Am, I right?
Speaker 13: Ah?
Speaker 1: How may do on Wall Street?
Speaker 18: Yesterday had green arrows? Yesterday the Dow was up four hundred and sixty one points. Kick off this morning at forty three thousand and eight seventy nastac up six to eighteen thousand and nine seventy two benchmark. T in your treasury. He's trading at a four point three two percent in oil stands at seventy dollars eleven cents of barrel to the most actives, the big studs IBM, Sherwin Williams and Salesforce. The big duds Amazon, Boeing, and Mickey Dee's on the economic calendar this morning, we'll get numbers on consumers sentiment for November right now, futures just slightly on the downside. Come on, let's turn this babu in.
Speaker 19: That's it.
Speaker 1: I'm out of here.
Speaker 18: This is how Land managed the director with Ramy James port for The Rod Ryan Show from Raymond James on Sam fleep and got said and don't forget to always rock out with your stockout.
Speaker 14: Famian's expressed are those of helland and not necessarily those of Raymond James and associates. Income Ever, NYC, as IDC, I ART Radio or a sponsors. Information is based on sources believed to be reliable, but it's not guaranteed. There's no insurance Transmnson. We'll continue if this is not a solicitation, offer or recommendation to buy or sell any security referred to your end. This programs are educational and informational purposes.
Speaker 13: On the studs and duds are based on movement, as reported by.
Speaker 1: Young Finance ninety four or five. The Buzz Welcome back, Ron Ryan Show. Sure all right? Who we got here? China? Yes, good morning?
Speaker 10: How are you good morning?
Speaker 13: I'm great?
Speaker 2: How are you awesome?
Speaker 1: What time do you eat? Thanksgiving?
Speaker 2: Dinner.
Speaker 17: I already ate it at work yesterday.
Speaker 1: Stop? Are you not doing so?
Speaker 2: What happens on what happens at your place? Or are you going anywhere?
Speaker 1: On Thursday?
Speaker 5: We play after the Cowboy game.
Speaker 2: You eat after the Cowboy game?
Speaker 1: Yep?
Speaker 2: Okay, So what time is that? What time the Cowboys play?
Speaker 19: Well?
Speaker 16: If I know, I'm not a Cowboy fan.
Speaker 1: Okay, So you're not eating till six o'clock Thanksgiving Day?
Speaker 2: Probably that's insane. I have an insane person on the phone.
Speaker 1: You do You probably think these you probably think these two are the exact same thing, but they're not. What are these two?
Speaker 2: What are these two things we learned yesterday?
Speaker 5: Yams and sweet potatoes?
Speaker 1: Okay, you're still a crazy person, but you are right on this one thing. Sweet potatoes and yams are not the same thing. They are two different species of root vegetable. What are you giving her?
Speaker 5: Oh, I'm gonna give you the two undred fifty dollars gift cards to living Space There Space.
Speaker 1: All right, China, I'm done with you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Happy Thanksgiving, Happy thanks all right?
Speaker 1: She said she wasn't a Cowboy fan though, right, not a Cowboy fan Giants fan On Thanksgiving.
Speaker 8: There you go.
Speaker 1: Okay, Oh, giants are playing.
Speaker 6: What a horrible game.
Speaker 1: I'm glad you see that. Sunny skis today ten percent chance of rain hike seventy four.
Speaker 2: Tessa has Houston's headlines.
Speaker 5: Like Trump is announcing former Florida Attorney General Pam Bondai is his new pick to head the Justice Department. The announcement came Thursday after former Congressman Matt Gates withdrew his nomination for attorney General. Remember the lead story yesterday was like, they're not going to release this ethics report.
Speaker 4: They're not, it's not going to go through. He's accused of all these like he's accused of having sex with a minor, he's been subject of a house investigation.
Speaker 2: Unless there's something wrong, I don't think they released that for anybody.
Speaker 5: It was like a really really bad look. But yeah, he So he resigned from that position. He's pulled out of that, and now there's someone else in there. Okay, so that's kind of what's going on.
Speaker 2: To seek, I'm sorry to put you on the spot.
Speaker 1: I still resigning from Congress too, like his name from that, so just from a position with Trump, he's not from the cabin positions.
Speaker 5: Okay, okay, okay, So I believe I think I think you're right. He's denied the accusations.
Speaker 6: He just said he withdrew his name from consideration, not that he's resigning.
Speaker 1: All right, what else?
Speaker 5: I'm also here in Houston, maryor John Whitmyer is laying out of you one hundred million dollar plan.
Speaker 4: To reduce the city's homeless population.
Speaker 5: Houston will work with organizations such as the Housing Authority, the Homeless Coalition, and Homeland Security to reduce the number of people living on the streets.
Speaker 4: The idea is to move people in.
Speaker 5: The shelters that provide showers, bathrooms, and meals from the food bank. Case workers will attempt to address mental health issues as well, in an effort to find affordable housing or reunite people with their families.
Speaker 4: Here's some welcome news.
Speaker 5: The American Farm Bureau says your Thanksgiving dinner should cost a little lesson it did in twenty twenty three.
Speaker 1: There it is Alex crunched the numbers.
Speaker 5: Each year they look at around a dozen Thanksgiving staples like turkey stuffing.
Speaker 4: Pumpkin pie.
Speaker 5: They've been doing this for forty years and according to their math, the basic meal for ten people should cost an average of fifty eighth eight. That is five dollars and eighty one cents per person. That's down five percent from a year ago. It's still nineteen percent more the same meal.
Speaker 4: Costs pre pandemic.
Speaker 5: But they say, look, if you had just adjusted Flynn inflation for inflation, it's actually the second cheapest it's been since the day they started tracking prices in the mid nineteen eighties. Back then they said two dollars and eighty seven cents could feed one person on Thanksgiving.
Speaker 1: You definitely got your own style. I'll give you that. What what the average person is? Fifty eight oh eight?
Speaker 2: That's five dollars and eight cents.
Speaker 5: Oh, fifty eight oh eight, five dollars and eighty one cents per person? Should I say five to oh eight?
Speaker 13: No?
Speaker 1: You just said fifty eight fifty eight oh eight, but it's all it was fifty eight dollars.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 19: No.
Speaker 5: According to the report, a basic Thanksgiving meal for ten people will cost an average of.
Speaker 4: Fifty eight dollars. Oh, okay for the all of them, ETO eight for ten people.
Speaker 5: So if you break down that math, it's five dollars and eighty one cents per person.
Speaker 1: The most important thing here is will you be eating Thanksgiving dinner before noon at your house? Yeah? Yeah, So the question is what's the right time to eat Thanksgiving dinner on the X. Twelve to two now is the number one answer. That's my answer. Twelve to two is the acceptable time to be eating Thanksgiving dinner forty one percent of our audience. Next popular time is two to four, four to five, and then there's psychos like we just had on the phone after six. That's crazy talking.
Speaker 5: That would be my vote right now. Yeah, twelve to two that's usually the normal time. But since my brother has a girlfriend now, he has to split his time, so we're starting early so he can at least have three hours with us, and then he goes over there at two to his girlfriend's family's house.
Speaker 1: And then is he gonna be yelled at for not eating enough at your table? Like, oh, I see, Oh you're saving yourself for that table. My mom would not go for that.
Speaker 4: Honestly, my mom's probably gonna give him a little crap got it? Yes, to be concluded, that's all you're eating?
Speaker 13: What?
Speaker 5: No, she'll she'll go, but you're gonna come back, right Papa, and and later she'll go, my food was better, right she She'll make him say that to him, like she needs that affirmation.
Speaker 1: From similar similar house.
Speaker 5: Okay, commemorative popcorn buckets are the new thing. We've seen them get sexual, both unintentionally and otherwise. But now are they getting dangerous? AMC made one for the upcoming animated The Lord of the Rings, The War of Rohreum. I don't know how to say it, but it looks like it could cause some damage. It's in the shape of a warhammer. It's over two feet long. The head opens up, the popcorn goes inside, but it doesn't open from the top.
Speaker 4: It opens on the side.
Speaker 5: That means like, while you're eating popcorn, that handle is just gonna be sticking out either to your right, your left.
Speaker 4: Or straight ahead of you. And the bottom has a point on it. It just seems like someone's gonna get stabbed, someone's gonna get killed by.
Speaker 1: Not kind enough, the poor. Everyone's trying to like outdo everybody with the popcorn bucket.
Speaker 6: Had the coliseum as the popcorn bucket.
Speaker 1: Well, what started it? Dune, right, dude, Dune started the whole thing. It looked like a flush light.
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay, we're getting new music, right, we're getting new music from the new music's out today from Marilyn Manson. It's called One Assassination under God, Chapter One. This is his twelfth album. You can go in the music blog page and check it out what he posts, check out what he posted on Instagram. Shine Down also has an upcoming album they're talking about. And yeah, I was gonna say Billy Eilish's Apple Music's twenty twenty four Hoursts of a Year, but those didn't really all align.
Speaker 15: That's all.
Speaker 4: I'm on the music blog page right now. Those are using seven.
Speaker 1: I brought up your walk out music when you brought that up? All right? What do you got?
Speaker 7: On Thursday night, the Browns beat the Steelers twenty four to nineteen in a snow game. Brown's running back Nick Chubb had two touchdowns in that one. Sexsys are gonna be back at home on Sunday to host the Titans at Energy Stadium. They're seven and a half point favorites heading into this game. Kickoff. It is going to be at noon and you can watch it on CBS and Noddle. College games on the schedule this weekend. We got number two Ohio State taken on fifth ranked Indiana. That's the big game of the weekend that'll kick off at eleven am tomorrow on Fox. UT will play Kentucky. U of H is gonna host Baylor for Senior Day, and fifteenth ranked A and M is going to be at Auburn at six point thirty. In Baswall, Rockets are back in action tonight. They're gonna take rail Blazers in the NBA Cup. Tip Off is at seven and you can listen to that one on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety.
Speaker 6: That is what's going on in sports.
Speaker 13: The rod Ryan Morning Show six to ten AM, The.
Speaker 15: Bud Free Bam Friday. You've got free Bam Friday, Free Bam Friday.
Speaker 12: You got a free Bam.
Speaker 15: Friday, Free Bam Friday. We're free Bam Friday and Friday, free Bam Friday.
Speaker 1: Good Morning, rod Ryan Show, Good morning, Hi, Hello, good morning. Who's this Alex? Call it number ten?
Speaker 20: My man, Let's go.
Speaker 1: Let's go, dude. I got a case of beer for you thanks to our friends over at Specs.
Speaker 2: Could I interest you in a case of beer?
Speaker 13: Alex A absolutely, brother a resolutely.
Speaker 1: I like that just kind of curious, what's the what's an acceptable time to uh sit down and eat on Thanksgiving? Twelve to two, two to four, four to six, after six oh, twelve to two, all day brother twelve to two. That's just how we were raised. We just did it right around that time. I mean, I think if you put the bird in at around six, I mean it's Thanksgiving, you got to get up early.
Speaker 5: I would get up with my grandma. I would be with my grandma up early doing all this little extra things.
Speaker 2: Prepping that bird, and then boom, the house smells like turkey.
Speaker 4: All day's so good.
Speaker 1: And then there's those years when you know, you or late after high school or college, and you roll out of bed because you went out the night before and you're all hungover, and then you get up and like, the food's.
Speaker 2: Ready in about an hour.
Speaker 4: It's all you have to do is hold on back.
Speaker 1: Then you're you know, you're nineteen, you're twenty, you sleep till eleven. Yeah, you're not helping. You're a complete asshole. You're not contributing to the family in any way.
Speaker 4: You're not smiling at people.
Speaker 1: You walk up to the.
Speaker 2: Table, you smell like a gin mill Alex.
Speaker 1: You get dressed up for dinner or is it like just real comfortable clothes cash Whatever you're wearing that day mainly just jeans and a button up jeans and a button up too.
Speaker 2: A little personally, it's a special day.
Speaker 1: You don't have to wear a three piece suit, but do something other than you know, bon Jovi T shirt and sweatpants. You know your Motley Crue Theater of Paying cut off T shirt and sweatpants. We don't need to see that again. We've seen it already all week that you've been home for Thanksgiving break, Alex, enjoy your beers.
Speaker 15: Yes, sir, I appreciate it.
Speaker 1: You'll have a good day and have Thanksgiving Thanksgiving. Alex, thank you. That's the first time somebody has said Happy Thanksgiving to me.
Speaker 4: Nice.
Speaker 14: I like it.
Speaker 1: It felt nice. Sunny skuys today, ten percent chance of rain. Hi have seventy four nothing over a ten percent chance of rain all weekend.
Speaker 2: It is going to gradually warm up a little bit.
Speaker 1: So I have seventy four today, seventy five tomorrow, eighty two on Sunday.
Speaker 2: But like I said, low chances of rain. Get out on you know this weekend.
Speaker 1: You can enjoy it. Then Thanksgiving week, you guys are kind on your own, but Best of we recorded things. You're not even gonna know we're not here now, okay, except for taking phone calls. You won't even know that we're not here.
Speaker 6: Guys.
Speaker 4: Sometimes some phone calls.
Speaker 5: Let me just be honest. Well, it's not our strongest suit in this studio anymore.
Speaker 1: But they're a part of a lot of the topics and discussions.
Speaker 2: So you'll hear stuff.
Speaker 1: You'll hear your voices on the show in the Best of clips, a lot of the games that we play, Chili Brown, it's gonna be replays of that, Read my Lips, Pumpkins by Price is right every day.
Speaker 2: You're gonna hear some of that stuff all next week.
Speaker 1: So the Fall lineup, we're gonna replay a lot of the fall lineup highlights for you next week. So you're not even gonna know that we're not here. It's gonna sound like we're with you, okay, because that's that comfort zone of just listening to your favorite guys. You're like, Okay, there they are. Everything's okay. I'm driving in boom because a lot of people gotta work next week, okay. World Premiere anybody want to hear new music.
Speaker 4: I would like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I can't wait. I heard that little clip.
Speaker 1: I liked what I heard when you were talking about it in Houston's headlines early early this morning, Three Days Grace have a new song.
Speaker 2: We'll set it up for you. We're gonna play it.
Speaker 1: I'll take phone calls.
Speaker 2: I love listening to the new music with you, guys.
Speaker 18: Houston's Rock, Houston's Alternative and The rod Ryan Morning.
Speaker 1: Show US ninety four or five, the buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show. Getting ready for a little world premiere action. That's right, brand new music from Three Days Grace. We got that track may day, the full track. They were teasing it the other day on IG. I can't wait to hear the whole song. We'll take calls, we'll listen to it together, we'll talk about it.
Speaker 19: Love it.
Speaker 1: It's one of my favorite things we do on this show. Sunny Skies did a ten percent chance of rain high seventy four before that. We'll find out what's trending.
Speaker 5: So Billboard has been revealing the ranking of the greatest pop stars of the twenty first century.
Speaker 4: They put Justin Beebs, they put the beams at number eight, and.
Speaker 2: He let me guess his wife isn't happy about it.
Speaker 4: She's so mad, she said, billboard is an ethnic joke. As we're usual.
Speaker 2: All right, your husband made the top ten.
Speaker 1: Leave it alone.
Speaker 4: It's like you're obsessed and married with him. That's great.
Speaker 5: We're we're not supposed to be obsessed, you know, married to him. It doesn't matter for us.
Speaker 1: When chick's tell me about their boyfriend's band, Oh my god, they're so good, really best. Really, your boyfriend's band is really good, right, Like there's not.
Speaker 5: One thing maybe influencing that opinion you have, like one thing that you guys do together, like that you're not just totally blinded by.
Speaker 4: The actual talent.
Speaker 1: Wasn't like to have that kind of support. I don't know.
Speaker 5: I couldn't tell you. Okay, did you see that Wicked fans are so we have the big releases. It's it's clicked, right.
Speaker 4: I was calling it.
Speaker 19: Up.
Speaker 5: But but wicked fans have been asked to follow the theater etiquette.
Speaker 4: This is a Broadway show where the songs are.
Speaker 1: Like, some people know these songs, nobody wanting in the theater.
Speaker 4: You're saying, do not sing.
Speaker 5: The silence is Golden No talking of texting, no singing, no wailing, no flirting, and absolutely no name calling.
Speaker 4: Enjoy the name calling. Enjoy the magic of the movies. Also, did you see that does he Smolette?
Speaker 5: His conviction for staging a hate crime against himself has been overturned.
Speaker 15: Yep.
Speaker 4: The Illinois Supreme Court ruled that.
Speaker 5: He shouldn't have been prosecuted after making a deal with the d A. I know, bombshell, bombshell the case anyway, that's what's trending on nighty four five of the buzz.
Speaker 2: All right, can we listen to some new Musicay? Okay, stop talking.
Speaker 1: About Justin Bieber and Kelsey's Can we do what we do here?
Speaker 4: You don't want to know more about Jesse Smollett.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I saw that story too. Today we're gonna be playing the new three Days Gray song. It's called may Day. We're gonna do it every other hour. We're gonna do it right now, we'll play it again at nine and then, you know, top of the hour, every two hours. The thing about this is three days Grace and you guys are all in on this now because we broke the news. Matt Wallst has been the lead singer for Three Days Grace for some time now, everyone knows their original lead singer, Adam Gontier. They have two lead singers now and the first track features them both on this single. Okay, they got a video, They got the whole thing. Now. Do I have album information?
Speaker 19: No?
Speaker 1: Do I have tour information?
Speaker 19: Yes?
Speaker 1: Are they playing Texas at all? No, They're gonna bounce around to a couple of festivals. That one man, that Welcome to Rockville lineup is ridiculous. We already talked about that, so we knew that they were gonna pop up on a couple of festivals. This is not complete. They just released everything going on through March, Oh no, through May. They're gonna be out all year, trust me. Okay, so they'll come to Texas. They know how popular they are here. People gotta realize Three Days Grace is one of the most popular rock bands in the last twenty years. Okay, they have eighteen number one records on the Active Rock charts.
Speaker 13: Eighteen.
Speaker 1: You guys know all these songs, Man Home just like you Pain Animal, I have become never too late. The list goes on and on. It's a list that reads like shine Down okay, with the amount of songs people forget how big Three Days Grace is the fact that they're bringing in Adam as their lead singer and not kicking Matt walst out because they've had great success with Matt at lead vocals.
Speaker 2: Can these two get along?
Speaker 1: Can this be too? Great? Taste that taste great together? Is this sustainable? It's gonna be for next year? I can tell you that. Let's listen to this new track together, Let's take phone calls. Tell me what you think of it. It's three Days Grace and it's may Day.
Speaker 2: Hey, it's Adam's map from Three Days Grace.
Speaker 1: Check out our new song may Day right now. This is the iHeartRadio World Premiere ninety four to five The Buzz Houston's rock and alternative.
Speaker 10: Side Sad.
Speaker 2: Welcome to the end, just say conomber.
Speaker 15: Just then it's your run.
Speaker 8: It's the same story of why all the Snapper enough?
Speaker 15: The Morionellionllien say, we want tack.
Speaker 12: Said the game.
Speaker 1: Your bad five.
Speaker 15: Just like a line for your right set your brand lash.
Speaker 21: The followed lead right off the cliff says, yes, very broken.
Speaker 1: The more you know, you know, we.
Speaker 12: Want dance exact again. Waits wait, it's not a kid, Sis says Waits at the game fist. Wait said, just like.
Speaker 13: Your kids.
Speaker 1: Day ninety four to five, the Buzz, Good Morning, Rod Ryan Show. That's brand new music from Three Days Grace, and it's the new sounding Three Days Grace with two lead singers.
Speaker 2: The song is called may Day.
Speaker 1: Matt Walst, lead singer of the band, now reuniting with original lead singer Adam Gauntier. Okay, you're up there and you're singing a song with your replacement. Okay. Now, some of my favorite and I'll say this, some of my favorite Beatles songs are when John and Paul are trading back and forth. My favorite Kiss songs are when Gene and Paul when they're trading off Blink onin eighty two when it's great. But when Tom and Mark are going back and forth, I love it. Maybe nobody did it better than Lincoln Park. Okay, the trading off of the vocals, but these are all situations that already had that built in. You had a couple of people that could sing in the band. We have never seen a band that had one lead singer and now has become a band with two lead singers. It's never been done before.
Speaker 4: I see what you're saying.
Speaker 5: Like those other bands that you're naming like they were built around the dual vocal.
Speaker 2: You just got used to it, right.
Speaker 1: But the specific songs when they're trading lead vocals back and forth, like with Kiss what I grew up with. I love when Gene and Paul would go back and forth, back and forth on the vocals are my new favorite.
Speaker 2: Three Days Gray songs.
Speaker 1: These new ones where the vocalists are trading vocals back and forth.
Speaker 2: Tested your thoughts, well, okay.
Speaker 5: So I think I love it when bands answer the questions that everyone has with the song.
Speaker 6: It's like, well, how's that going to work?
Speaker 4: What are they gonna do? You know, it's like, this is how we're gonna do it, and it's gonna sound off and you're gonna love it.
Speaker 5: I think the way if you're a Three Days Grace man, you just feel like, okay, great, Like Adam is returning to the family. This is how it goes. He's a legend. Boom, We're back, like we're so back. It sounds great, It sounds great.
Speaker 1: They sound similar, but you know when one is singing and when the other one is singing it's just enough where it's like, if you know the band, you're like, okay, there's Adam, Okay, well that's that's definitely Matt your thoughts.
Speaker 7: I thought it rocks man like Three Days Grace, and I want to hear more of it. It kicks ass, and I hope it's in our regular morning rotation.
Speaker 5: One of the comments that's like most popular on YouTube is the start of this gives.
Speaker 4: Me animal that I have become vibes and I can see that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, lots of people like mentioning making that note.
Speaker 1: That's where I think the brilliance comes through. Obviously I love it, Obviously I love it. You you have a distinct sound of the band Three Days Grace, you have that as your bass. But there's nothing clunky about the two singers. It's just very natural.
Speaker 10: Yes.
Speaker 1: And when I mentioned those other bands from Kiss to the Beatles, to Lincoln Park to Blink onin eighty two, we just got used to it because that's what they always served us. They are they are serving us up something very different, and it is seamless of it. It is seamless.
Speaker 4: People are really excited for this album.
Speaker 5: After listening to this, people are like, oh, yeah, this next album is going to be fire.
Speaker 1: Hey, James, what'd you think?
Speaker 13: Man?
Speaker 20: I thought that song was a banger number one all the way.
Speaker 13: It just like put me in a good move today.
Speaker 20: Like I was like, oh, it's Friday, coming into work, you know, I'm just gonna drive on slow and that song just put me ready to go to work now. And I've never liked that. I love that, and they're just like, man, like I'm.
Speaker 3: Excited right now.
Speaker 20: I'm still excited because you know, yes, I brought Adam back. You know, we've been missing the sound a little bit, but I've never I haven't been disappointed with the new guy coming in. Yeah, So I think this y'all need to put this in a rotation, keep it going all day.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna say, I'm gonna one up you, James. It needs to be put into heavy rotation immediately. That means so heavy rotation means that the morning show gets it all right, James, exactly right? Thank you? Brother? All right, brother Rick, good morning? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Sure, hey Rick, what'd you think of that new three days? Great song? It's called may Day.
Speaker 10: I thought it was pretty.
Speaker 22: Good, goose well plucked together, but like someone saying it kind of gave me the animal if you come vibe and you know, it didn't really jump out at me, but I'm excited to hear the rest of the album.
Speaker 17: I really am.
Speaker 1: Okay, Bro, thank you.
Speaker 22: I appreciate the same idiotly called in about this some forty one and told Jesus I didn't really care for it. It it sounded like the same old craft.
Speaker 1: But anyway, did you end up did you end up changing your mind on the some forty one?
Speaker 19: You know what?
Speaker 1: Girl on me?
Speaker 11: It really did.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that happens with music.
Speaker 22: I mean, we'll do the same thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, listen, I mean, you know, sometimes people don't get it right. I get it right all the time, Rick, but you didn't that time. So that's okay, Chelsea, Good morning, Good morning, Rod. Hey, we're talking about this new three Days Gray song with two lead singers. Now, yes, what do you think?
Speaker 15: It was awesome? It was it?
Speaker 1: It was see you got it right. It was awesome.
Speaker 11: It could have been an awesome bonus track on their one X album.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, now we got now we got three Days Grace two X.
Speaker 1: Exactly. That's what they've they've kind of incorporated that into their logo to let everybody know when they're on these festivals. You're getting both singers now, Thank you, Chelsea. Neil next up, Good morning, Neil Man.
Speaker 6: What a hell of a debut and what a great Friday morning.
Speaker 10: It's all for you?
Speaker 15: Got it?
Speaker 1: Who? Okay?
Speaker 6: Yeah, so I'm almost ready to jump around.
Speaker 1: I am ready to jump around, you know what. I'm gonna get ready to jump around right now that you mentioned now you got me ready to jump round. Devin. Good morning, Devin, Good morning, Hey Devin, what you got for me? We just played that new three days great song. It's called may Day with both lead singers now, Matt Walst and Adam Gontier. Go ahead.
Speaker 5: I wasn't a huge fan.
Speaker 16: I think it does sound a little bit too like Animal.
Speaker 1: I've become too much like Animal I become. So there wasn't a departure. It wasn't. It didn't change enough.
Speaker 16: For Ted like a Layan track.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, well listen. I appreciate the call, you know, even when they get it wrong. I'm cool, I know, Devin.
Speaker 4: I'm excited. I'm excited for just merge, but I'm.
Speaker 13: Not quite excited about this.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, you're gonna get it a couple more times. Today, we're gonna play it at nine, then it's gonna play at eleven, one, three, So we're gonna play it every couple of hours.
Speaker 4: So so check out.
Speaker 5: Look, I'm gonna show you the video, the video premiere, the official video. But you see how they're both like captains and in the airplane.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they put out a teaser clip of that on their Instagram.
Speaker 1: Really good. You see those two guys, and it's just symbolic. They're flying the plane right, and it's.
Speaker 5: Like a three day it's a big jet that says three days Grace on the on the side of it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, really cool.
Speaker 1: All right, well somebody said it was time to jump around, and all right, I don't disagree. I don't disagree Kevin and everything, even Devin is that she didn't think it was awesome. That's okay. I want all the calls. They come in unfiltered when we playing new stuff. We can all agree.
Speaker 19: This is a banger here.
Speaker 1: It's house the paying time, ninety four or five, the buzz, okay, ninety four or five, the buzz just asking you the question, is your mind right now? Is your mind absolutely?
Speaker 15: Is it right?
Speaker 4: Absolutely obvious.
Speaker 1: I mean, bangers, back to back, bangers on this on this show today. What off everybody. I hope you're off to a great start to your day. I certainly am. It's free beer Friday. The Guitarist Wheel will be on next hour. I hate to see it go, but let's just celebrate that we've had two great weeks with a fall guitarvest, very bountiful.
Speaker 2: Alex will be spinning the wheel, I guess, or unless as it takes over.
Speaker 4: I think I'm gonna spin it.
Speaker 10: Alex.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna try to do it.
Speaker 1: Somebody. He's going to spin the wheel at eight twenty and then we'll take the calls. We'll do all of that nonsense. Okay, So that's gonna be fun. Highly suspect went out, filter went on the wheel. So man, there are some choice guitars on that wheel. Still, it doesn't matter what day. It's fourteen guitars on the wheel, fourteen amazing guitars. Hate to see it go, but it's been a fun two weeks for sure. Sunny's guys today, ten percent chance of rain high seventy four. I think we need to give away some A Wall Nation tickets.
Speaker 5: Huh, Yeah, we have a pair of a Wall Nation tickets to House the Blues.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, let's do that.
Speaker 1: Thanks for waiting.
Speaker 2: For those, I'll take Caller ten seven one three, five.
Speaker 6: King Alternative, The Dry.
Speaker 13: Morning Show sixty ten AM ninety four or five.
Speaker 1: Buzz ninety four or five The Buzz Rise Against the Violence, Rod Ryan's Show. Free Beer Friday, another case of beer coming your way, straight up at eight o'clock, straight up at nine o'clock. And then we'll morph into open Phones Friday. You know how much I look forward to that.
Speaker 2: The final guitarvest we'll spin guitar giveaway.
Speaker 1: Coming up close to a twenty ten percent chance of rain, nothing over a ten percent chance of rain today.
Speaker 2: Tomorrow and Saturday. So that's your weekend.
Speaker 1: Sunny skies today seventy four, so you see it's warming up a little bit. Same thing for tomorrow and then partly cloudy high of eighty two on Sunday. Let's get after it.
Speaker 2: What are Houston's headlines?
Speaker 1: Please?
Speaker 5: President elect Trump wasted little time in announcing his new pick for attorney general after Matt Gates withdrew his nomination yesterday. Trump chose Florida Attorney general Pam Bondi for the position, saying in a post on True Social that she will refoc doj It's intended purpose of fighting crime and making America safe again. Former Florida Congressman Gates is accused of having sex with a minor in the past, and some Republican senators expressed reservations about the nomination. Gates, who has denied the accusations, called the choice of Bondai stellar. He also tweeted on the eggs saying that his potential nomination was unfairly becoming a distraction to the work of the incoming Trump administration.
Speaker 1: It almost makes you wonder.
Speaker 2: I'm not saying that Matt Gates is guilty.
Speaker 1: He's just had these crazy accusations against him, Okay, and there's lots of things out there not saying he's guilty, But what made you think that he was going to get pushed through? You have to vet these people, and it makes you feel like they haven't vetted anybody. Okay, when you run, when you get nominated for something, they're gonna dig up every time you farted in church. They're gonna know that, right. Why would you.
Speaker 2: Even pick that guy?
Speaker 1: What makes you think you're gonna get him through.
Speaker 7: Because they like pass stuff that you wanted to pass before, or like they've done stuff.
Speaker 6: Again, not saying he's got before to help you.
Speaker 1: So you just don't grab somebody, right, but don't grab somebody that's got a ton of accusations against that.
Speaker 5: We're not going to agree with you, Rod, But like what if you had a buddy who like backed you up and everything you did, and he just like he's like everything Rod does, Like I support it, man, I believe in what you're doing. I believe in your cause. And you're like, you know what, this is a really good guy, Like you know what, let me let me get him in here. I need I need energy like this on my team. And then first round of background checks comes back dudes like I don't know a pedophile or something weird, and you're like, oh, I didn't see that. You're right, before you make any kind of announcements, you have to do that screening process before.
Speaker 2: I mean, you know, how much did they vet Kamala? How much did they vet?
Speaker 1: You know, you gotta vet her husband if she's running for president, you gotta go look at her husband. Now, well, this is very differ they don't do that.
Speaker 5: This is very different of the vetting, the vetting, the vetting, and then you're in charge.
Speaker 4: Now it's your time.
Speaker 5: You have to you have to fill all these cabinet positions, like do you have time to go through that or do you just like you like what this guy's talking about, you like the way he's talking about you.
Speaker 4: And I also think I also think once that report was.
Speaker 5: Done and they went behind closed doors, are like, uh, okay, we're either gonna release this or you're gonna step down.
Speaker 19: Bro.
Speaker 5: You're either we're either gonna release this or you're gonna say okay, goodbye. Because now he's not in Congress anymore at all, you know he yeah, he.
Speaker 1: Said he was done with Congress as soon as Trump said I'm gonna give you the spot. So I don't know if back.
Speaker 5: Imagine you think you have a better job waiting, so you quit this job, and then they go back and like, oh, now you're now you have no job.
Speaker 4: I have no job because of all the weird stuff you've done in your line.
Speaker 2: Right, that's enough that what else?
Speaker 5: Texas Governor Greg Abbott says more giant booies are going on the Rio Grande The state installed the floating border barrier last year in order.
Speaker 4: To deter illegal river crossings.
Speaker 5: The Justice Department later sued Abbot to try to force a removal of the barrier. Abbott said Texas won't back down from its efforts to secure the border. All right, let's talk about the best time to eat that delicious Thanksgiving meal. We have a pull up on the X twelve to two, two to four, four to six after six.
Speaker 4: Do you have the results right now?
Speaker 19: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I like the vocals. We're trading off on that new three days Gray song. It's going back and forth. The most popular times twelve to two to two to four right now, the most popular choice best time? And I worded it specifically, what is the right time to eat on Thanksgiving? Two to four has got the biggest vote forty one percent, thirty seven percent, twelve to two you got seventeen percent. Four to six, Little late guys, three point six percent of our audience are cycle paths. They're eating and they think that Thanksgiving should be served after six.
Speaker 5: I bet they're also dressing up nice because if it turns into things, that's dinner. If it turns into Thanksgiving dinner, you do have to dress nicer for that, Like, you're not going to roll in in your sweats at six pm.
Speaker 2: But no sweatpants at noon either, No sweatpants at noon.
Speaker 5: If there was any acceptable time, it would be the noon to two window. I would say two to four.
Speaker 4: I throw on some cheese.
Speaker 15: There is no.
Speaker 2: Acceptable sweatpants on Thanksgiving.
Speaker 5: Well after dinner, family, That's what I'm saying. And me and my brother we all go out the night before, like with all of our old school friends. Dude, we're a little We're not a little hungover.
Speaker 4: We're hungover on face kills company over.
Speaker 19: No.
Speaker 1: But if it's like just you and your family, yeah.
Speaker 2: You just want to I'm making my kids put on a shirt.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna wear a three piece suit.
Speaker 2: Then do it with like the tail and everything.
Speaker 6: I'll go rent a touch you use.
Speaker 2: Shirt, tuxedo, dumb and dumber.
Speaker 1: You can wear the orange.
Speaker 2: I'll wear thet what else.
Speaker 5: Let's talk about the Menanda's brother because did you know that members of the public can enter a lottery to see the menandaz brothers hearing live in the courtroom. It's happening on Monday. Eric and Lyle Menendez, who killed their parents with shotguns in nineteen eighty nine are appearing for a court in court for a status hearing on Monday sixteen. Members of the public are going to get a seat in the courtroom in the Van Uys Courthouse if they win this lottery.
Speaker 2: That's flat out telling me that you also think this is a circus.
Speaker 4: It is a circus.
Speaker 5: The lottery will be conducted outside of theouse about an hour before the hearing, and then court proceedings are scheduled to start at ten thirty Pacific time on Monday morning.
Speaker 4: So ten thirty, what is that? That's twelve thirty our time. Okay, let's talk about three days grace.
Speaker 5: We all got to listen to this world premiere of the new three DG song may Day.
Speaker 13: We're playing it is.
Speaker 4: It is pretty awesome.
Speaker 19: Now.
Speaker 5: I dropped at midnight and I'm like, it's the newest single with Adam Gauntier. He is back, the original singer is joining Matt Walst on vocals, and so far, so great.
Speaker 6: We're gonna listen to it again right nine o'clock.
Speaker 4: Okay, those are using sid.
Speaker 1: Lights and every two hours after that? What you got on.
Speaker 7: Thursday night football the Browns, but the Steelers twenty four to nineteen. It was a snow game, so you got some awesome visuals there. Jamis Winston was awesome in both of the interviews that he got to have, and then the postgame interview he was even more awesome.
Speaker 1: I don't care what two teams are playing. If it's snowing like that, if it looks like a snow globe, it's awesome. It doesn't matter who's playing. It just makes the game great.
Speaker 6: They're all making millions of dollars, and it's cool to see him go, aren't.
Speaker 7: It because they're playing in the snow? Yeah, like get out there and get cold. So great, But that was pretty awesome. Texts are gonna be back at home on Sunday. Don't think it's gonna be a snow game for them. They're gonna host the Titans at Energy Stadium. Texans are seven and a half point favorites heading into this one.
Speaker 6: Kickoffs at noon. You can watch it on CBS. Notable college games on the schedule tomorrow.
Speaker 7: The big game of the weekend is number two Ohio State against fifth ranked Indiana. That'll kick off at eleven. You can watch it on Fox. Ut is gonna take on Kentucky at two thirty. U of H is gonna host Baylor at six and at six thirty, fifteenth ranked Texas A.
Speaker 6: And M is going to be at Auburn. You can watch that one on ESPN.
Speaker 7: In basketball, the Rockets are back in action tonight. They're gonna play the Trailblazers in the NBA Cup. It'll be a group stage game to opposit at seven. You can listen to that one on our sister station, Sports Talk seven to ninety that what's going on in sports Rock and alternative for us to Ryan.
Speaker 13: Morning Show six to ten a m.
Speaker 1: Friday.
Speaker 9: Dumb definding.
Speaker 23: By guess his three friend Big Broaday, Dan Brown, Dan Broder.
Speaker 6: Dumb on this definding.
Speaker 1: B guess his free friend brother Big Broddan Broder.
Speaker 2: He knows, I don't know when that's coming up, okay, and when it plays.
Speaker 1: When it plays, I look over there with dagger eyes, and he has his eyes locked on his computer screen. He knows I'm looking at him, and he won't even look up from his computer.
Speaker 15: Free Bam Friday. He got a free Bam Friday. He got a free BAM Friday. Free Bam Friday, Bam Friday.
Speaker 8: Bam Friday, Free Bam Friday.
Speaker 2: Friday.
Speaker 5: Okay, if if I had to hear that and I don't get to hear my guy hitting the high note.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna be the high not No, you know what I wanted. I did it one more hours.
Speaker 6: Is why I don't sing me.
Speaker 2: He hit ChRI the music and you hate it. He hit Chris Cornell high notes there Friday.
Speaker 1: Good morning, rod Ryan Show, No morning. Yeah, I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: Now we're actually talking to you. It's your time on the air.
Speaker 1: Ah, what's your name? Get third? Yes, Sane, Hi, Shane, you're caller number ten. All right, first time ever getting through to Did you say your name was Shane Dilly? Yes, sir, Dilly Dilly, Dilly dilly, Here we go.
Speaker 2: Was that a good time for you or a bad time for you when the dilly dilly thing was happening?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 21: Were?
Speaker 19: I was coaching select baseball, so every tournament, that's.
Speaker 15: All we heard all day long.
Speaker 1: So it was it was a good thing for you.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, it was fun.
Speaker 19: It was.
Speaker 1: That's good. That's good air. Well, listen, Shane, your choice of the beers. I'm going to give you a free beer.
Speaker 2: Friday presented by specs.
Speaker 1: So I'm going to give you a apper. It's up to you.
Speaker 13: Shane.
Speaker 1: Now Thanksgiving. Are you celebrating Thanksgiving next week?
Speaker 7: Yes, sir, Yes, sir.
Speaker 2: What's the right time to eat dinner on Thanksgiving?
Speaker 6: For you?
Speaker 1: Shane Diller?
Speaker 19: Here, you were between twelve and two?
Speaker 1: Twelve and two nice. It's the number two most popular answer. Two to four is the most popular answer. I feel bad now that I call people psychopaths. The four percent of people that say they're eating after six why so because somebody said Rod not everybody has that day off.
Speaker 4: People go to your box of shame.
Speaker 13: I dare.
Speaker 2: I go to the box and I now feel shame.
Speaker 6: I do shame.
Speaker 2: Shame, Yeah, shame.
Speaker 4: Through the streets of Houston.
Speaker 1: Shane.
Speaker 2: You gotta dress up for dinner.
Speaker 24: Now, wear something nice, A little nicer than usual.
Speaker 1: A little nicer than usual. Yeah right, yeah, my cut up shirt, my cutup kiss t shirt does not.
Speaker 2: It's a long good at the Thanksgiving table.
Speaker 4: Right, that's for when you go out to the bark that night.
Speaker 1: All right, dilly dilly, hang on for me. Okay here, sir, have a great Thanksgiving. Yeah. The poll question is up on the X and It's also on links and guests if you go there. It talks about like some unspoken rules that Southerners follow on Thanksgiving. We're in the South, by the way, Yeah yeah, I know you guys just like to think it's just texas well, this is the South, the epicenter of the world. Trust as well, it is the South. Thanksgiving is not a time to stray from tradition in the South. There's gonna be dressing, green bean, casserole, turkey extra points if it's fried, okay. No electronics at dinner at the dinner table fair okay, unless it's football. No TV, no phones, no nothing. It says here before dinner, everyone goes around the table and says one thing they are thankful for.
Speaker 2: Yes, we did not do this, do that, We did not do this growing up. But again I was was that raised in the South.
Speaker 5: Okay, So when I was younger, it was like my whole family, like my aunt, my cousins, my uncles, how many people, probably twenty six, close to thirty maybe who cooked all that? My grandma, my grandma and then the daughters are bringing dishes and everything. Yeah. Family, like each family is kind of responsible for stuff too. The waiting would kill me as a child.
Speaker 1: Everybody had to talk about what they're think you.
Speaker 4: We had to go around and say it.
Speaker 1: I wanted to go first too, because you get all the good stuff dressed to impress time to put on your Sunday best even though it's Thursday. Okay, so that goes with the whole no sweatpants thing, come hungry, leave stuffed. Certain topics are off limit. We talked about this. Obviously, avoid politics, right A Southerner's number one priority is keeping the peace. No talk about dieting. Thanksgiving is a time for butter and heavy cream, please be advised.
Speaker 13: Okay, I like that.
Speaker 4: I don't know, Hey, what are you most excited about? I mean, are you seeing no ham.
Speaker 1: On your table? Never was a ham ever my table. There was one meat there was. It was a It wasn't a festival of meat. It was a headliner and that was it. There never was a secondary meat.
Speaker 6: No, definitely, Sorry, I don't know what a was.
Speaker 4: I'm literally those are the things I'm most excited about.
Speaker 1: SIMALI is. Hey, that sound that you're listening to is the metal Charlie Brown song. That means we're gonna spin the wheel.
Speaker 2: I'm going it's the last day.
Speaker 4: The last day, Alex.
Speaker 6: If she spends it, she's picking all the drops. Then she doesn't know how to do that.
Speaker 4: I can pick up. I'll do them live. I'll do them live.
Speaker 1: The Fall guit Harvest, The wheel will be spun on the flip of this break.
Speaker 2: Don't go Anywhere. Rock and Alternative, The Rod Ryan.
Speaker 13: Morning Show, six Am, The Buzz, All.
Speaker 1: Right, here we go, ninety four five The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show. Who getting ready for the final day of the Fall Guitarvest? Autograph guitars each and every day two weeks now. Today is the last day. It's sad to see it go, but happy that that we hadn't happen. Sunny's guys today ten percent chance of rain, high seventy four.
Speaker 2: Kind of the same thing for tomorrow. It's gonna warm up on Sunday. Still low chances of rain, partly cloudy. Sunday high of eighty two. All right, what's trending?
Speaker 5: Okay, So did you see that the Coachella lineup was announced and it's like post Malone, Green Day, Lady Gaga, They're headlining the festival. Megan thee Stallion also another notable act and there Missy Elliott. Coachella is always the second and third weekend in April, and it's kind of just far removed from us because it is in.
Speaker 4: Indio, California. Like, I don't know a ton of people from here that make that journey, but it is a big deal.
Speaker 5: When they announced the lineup, Lady Gaga was posting about how it's you know, sure her vision's gonna come to life or something like that.
Speaker 1: Well, she played it.
Speaker 2: That was one of the things that helped her career.
Speaker 1: So I think she wants to go in there and do it a little differently, go in there and be like this huge star. Now. Yeah, you know when I talked about people forgot uh when I talked about the Vans Warped Tour coming back in there, I talked about some of the past performers that got their start there. Katie Perry was one of those people that got her start on the Vans Warped Tour.
Speaker 4: Amazing.
Speaker 1: People forget that amazing. So Lady Gaga owes a lot to Coachella, So I think she wants to go in there and say, hey, look what I've done in over the years, you know, look how I've changed y incredible.
Speaker 19: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Also, KFC launched a lickable wrapping paper that tastes like one of their chicken burgers.
Speaker 1: That's not the le page.
Speaker 4: It is sold out now. It's only been made available in UK.
Speaker 1: In the US, what they make like two rolls of this on the other side of the planet. They expect me to run it as a headline, and then I do.
Speaker 5: Also, we remember we had like tried to test herself because the Mayo Clinic said we should all be doing like this amount of push ups. There's this fifty nine year old grandma in Canada.
Speaker 2: Rod You probably know her, Yeah, we all know it.
Speaker 5: She has the women's world record for the most push ups in an hour. She finished with one thousand, five hundred and seventy five push ups in an hour with seventeen minutes to spare.
Speaker 2: It's Michael Buble's grandma.
Speaker 7: Bro.
Speaker 2: This is incredible, and she's on Looking at Girls.
Speaker 5: She's got the most shredded like not jack like shredded push up arms.
Speaker 4: Anyway, that's on the Looking at Girls blog page. I was trending on ninety four five of us.
Speaker 2: That's the new fifty nine.
Speaker 5: I know before when you get fifty nine, I could barely do twenty.
Speaker 1: That's the new fifty nine. She's on looking at girls, and then the world's tallest woman on looking at girls. The world's tallest woman met the world's shortest woman.
Speaker 13: Oh I know.
Speaker 2: And to hear them talk, you got one done here.
Speaker 1: And up here. Their conversation is just as good as the visual of them hanging out.
Speaker 4: Can't wait for their podcast.
Speaker 1: Alex, So you spinning the wheel again? So wait, wait, wait, did you somehow say that if you put in all the drops, you're the one that gets to spin the wheel.
Speaker 13: Wow?
Speaker 1: I just slapped her hand away.
Speaker 4: I'll put in the drop shroud.
Speaker 10: What do you like?
Speaker 13: No, what do you like?
Speaker 2: Just work on the questions for the tournament?
Speaker 6: What are we replace? Highly suspect?
Speaker 1: Highly suspect went off and filter filter went on.
Speaker 4: We shut it on yesterday?
Speaker 6: Yeah, shut up.
Speaker 1: Here, all right, here we go. Alex with his final spin.
Speaker 2: That's his tent spin in a row.
Speaker 6: Buzz Fest twenty twenty one.
Speaker 4: Okay, that's a good one.
Speaker 1: Buzz Fest twenty twenty one. Guitar felt like, I'll go take a look to see who was on that lineup. If if if you're thinking you should call now, now, it's not a good time.
Speaker 4: What was my first one? I think God smacks on that one. Highly suspect my on that one.
Speaker 2: Is that one of your first bussts?
Speaker 6: I think it is.
Speaker 1: Well, we're gonna start taking those calls in about five minutes. But man, so many of you have asked for the Thanksgiving radio head turkey song. So you've got that, then you've got stained. Then we'll take the calls. This is the Ron Ryan Show.
Speaker 13: Hi, Happy Thanksgiving, Happy Thanksgiving.
Speaker 4: We have got a special gift for this holiday.
Speaker 25: Tasty kill me, please blind misard turkey. If you don't get it, or you're the quotups are going to eat you for dinner when.
Speaker 9: You happy kid, del incause I'm just a turkkey.
Speaker 13: Thanksgiving dessert.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're plucking up.
Speaker 1: And you're stuffing my.
Speaker 13: Happy Thanks for it.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 13: I was on special.
Speaker 9: Supermarket special, but I'm waking me.
Speaker 13: I'm a bun bull.
Speaker 15: Why the hell woke this?
Speaker 1: Wins fly? I guess this is good.
Speaker 12: Fine.
Speaker 1: May your stuffing be tasty, May your turkey be plump. Make sure you courtesy flesh when you go take your after dinner TWL come on really.
Speaker 2: The rod Ryan Show on ninety four to five.
Speaker 1: The Buzz ninety four five The Buzzs.
Speaker 2: Good Morning, rod Ryan Show. That's stained and right here.
Speaker 1: Good morning. I hope you're off to a great start to your day. Get a little teary eyed knowing that the Fall Guitarist is coming to an end. But we've got we've got.
Speaker 2: Nine glorious calls to take.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, one person leaves happy everyone else. The trail of dead is long and distinguished. Yeah, Okay, this week, it's been a great week. Correction.
Speaker 2: I do believe you were at this one Buzzfest twenty twenty one.
Speaker 1: You were there.
Speaker 2: You want to hear the lineup? Yeah, Alex spun the wheel.
Speaker 1: Okay, buzzst Buzzfest twenty twenty one. We no longer numbered them. We just did them in the year. Offspring, Chavelle Pod, Candlebox, Mammoth, WVH. Remember Wolfie how excited we were because we were playing that tribute song to his dad. That song was like in a heavy rotation. Aaron Jones, Yes, on that bill, that's where he did the cover of Breed Nirvana cover. I was sitting next to Alex during that. We're like, oh my god, he's doing a cover Nirvana.
Speaker 10: So great.
Speaker 1: That was a great buzz fast. Okay, guys, that's the guitar that's up for grabs. You got members of all those bands that are on this guitar right now. It's a good that compliments are few and far far between on the show.
Speaker 2: That was a good spin.
Speaker 1: That was a good spin them. Well yeah, the Highly Suspect yesterday was perfect. And then this one. What you get that montage of all these great bands on there? You have a van Halen. You have a van Halen on this guitar. A van Halen, careful, a van Halen. Okay, like he's got genius juice running through.
Speaker 4: Him, genius juice.
Speaker 1: Hey, guys, the phones, Yeah right, Good morning rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 2: Good morning, Well, Hello, who's this?
Speaker 6: This is Jared the patch guy.
Speaker 1: Hey, patch guy, good to have you on. You know how much how big a fan we are of you and your patchwork. It pains me I have had it with these mother snakes on this mother by.
Speaker 4: Amazing strong story.
Speaker 2: Oh your color one. Good morning rod Ryan's Show.
Speaker 1: Hi, who's this.
Speaker 12: Jill?
Speaker 7: Jill?
Speaker 2: Got any dinner plans tonight?
Speaker 7: Spot? Good night?
Speaker 5: Wait?
Speaker 2: Thanksgiving color too. Sorry, get that speakerphone out of here.
Speaker 1: Good morning, rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 11: Good morning, Hi.
Speaker 1: Who's this? This is all right, Rachelle, Welcome to the show. It's the last day of the fall. Guitarist looking for caller number ten, smelly pirate hooker.
Speaker 2: Oh Gollee, damn jesus, I'm sorry about that.
Speaker 4: You don't smell all right.
Speaker 1: Good morning rod Ryan Show. That rude. Hi, who's this?
Speaker 13: This is Chris?
Speaker 2: Hey Chris, Oh no, change them Chris, you better go change your draws. Good morning, Hello, Hi, who we got here?
Speaker 1: We got Tyler and my two girls.
Speaker 19: You want to get some donuts?
Speaker 11: We got a guitar.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, listen Tyler with his two girls. Clean it up, Alex, clean it up. Got the two girls in the car. Do you want a guitar? Do you want a guitar?
Speaker 15: One girl?
Speaker 1: Give him the guitar.
Speaker 10: Don't break your heart this.
Speaker 6: Night, girl.
Speaker 4: Sorry, ladies, you keep me up.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, girls.
Speaker 1: Good morning rod Ryan, Daniel, Hi Daniel, Welcome to the show. How are you good? How are y'all doing so great?
Speaker 10: Dude?
Speaker 1: You are caller number six. This is the worst, Sorry, bro, Good morning.
Speaker 19: Good morning, Hi.
Speaker 2: Who we got here.
Speaker 10: Chris.
Speaker 1: Hello Chris, did we talk to you already?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 11: I thought you'd told me that because I heard the last Chris.
Speaker 6: Maybe in another last Yeah, probably.
Speaker 13: Chris.
Speaker 1: Is aren't doing great today?
Speaker 2: You'll get nothing.
Speaker 13: Day on, Alex.
Speaker 6: I don't wind you that.
Speaker 2: Bye, Chris, but bye, good morning, Good morning.
Speaker 19: Hi.
Speaker 1: Who's this? This is Mario, Mario. We're looking for caller number ten. It's the last day of the fall guitarvest has been fun. This is very painful to me. Okay, it hurts.
Speaker 2: It hurts me way more than.
Speaker 1: It hurts you.
Speaker 4: Okay, see how pained you are.
Speaker 2: I do not like telling you.
Speaker 1: You are not No, no, not today, No guitar, No guitar for you. Good morning, rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 10: Good morning.
Speaker 1: Oh hello? Who we got? Oh? Hey girl, second time you got called a smelly pirate hooker and you called back?
Speaker 6: Of course, Yes, sometimes persistence can pay off.
Speaker 2: Right now, listen, you already pissed her off. Don't piss her off twice.
Speaker 4: Persistence pays off.
Speaker 1: But you really you didn't fully upset her? Wow, Do not do that twice to her, Alex, Do not do that twice to her?
Speaker 15: Do not do that?
Speaker 10: Don't you.
Speaker 1: Of the count I got you said her persistence paid off, Rochelle.
Speaker 6: Next time.
Speaker 4: You made her cry?
Speaker 2: Alice crying, Wait, people crying, good morning.
Speaker 1: Grow up? Run around.
Speaker 10: I can't believe I got through.
Speaker 1: You did get through. What's up?
Speaker 2: What's your name?
Speaker 10: Now?
Speaker 2: Chances of you being called at number ten?
Speaker 25: You do?
Speaker 1: You gotta realize people are calling from all over the place. It's wild out there, right all right, it is. So you must have been feeling good when you first heard that phone ring. You're like, Okay, at least there's a ring tone instead of a busy signal, right, so you.
Speaker 2: Kind of probably got all worked up, hopefully not worked up for nothing.
Speaker 1: I still can't the first time I ever recalling it, so I'm pretty excited about it.
Speaker 6: You've never the first time.
Speaker 2: Interesting, you've never ever called this radio show before.
Speaker 11: Oh god, it's my first time I ever getting through.
Speaker 6: Forget your first.
Speaker 2: Stop that cherry.
Speaker 1: You got it, Joe, you got it.
Speaker 15: You won't be no way.
Speaker 23: Yes, dude, I can't believe you're telling me that the first time you ever got a ring tone was right here today, right here, right now, this conversation that we're having.
Speaker 2: This is the first time.
Speaker 10: Which is the first time. Man, I'm so exciting. Bro.
Speaker 1: What I have for you is the buzz Fast twenty twenty one guitar. You got Offspring, Chevelle Pod, candlebox, uh mam in w v H. The Wolf he's on there. You have a Van Halen on that guitar, ay Ron Jones on that guitar.
Speaker 15: Bro, it is it is my day.
Speaker 4: You see it that way?
Speaker 1: Way to go, dude, Where are you from?
Speaker 10: Okay, dude, I.
Speaker 1: Display it proudly. Congratulations. Congratulations to all of our Guitarvest winners. Thanks to everyone else for being a good sport. Some of the stuff was rough.
Speaker 2: Rachelle will never call here again.
Speaker 13: Go out.
Speaker 1: You told her to grow up her smelly pirate called her that, you called her a smell her that she knows you put the drop in. That's like you're saying it. Well, that's like you're saying responsibility for anything. All right. Well, I want to thank the Fun Department for letting us have fun. Yeah, they've been sitting on these guitars. Now, if you're doing the map like I am, there's still thirteen guitars. Those are going away. That's it.
Speaker 10: That's it.
Speaker 1: I promise that I wouldn't bitch for more. I got the two weeks of the fall guitarist. I hope you guys had a good time with it again man, Congratulations to all the guitar winners. Rock and Ryan Morning Show from six to tenn Ay by the Buzz, Welcome back Rod Ryan's Show. Okay, here's the lineup. Free beer Friday and another case of beer coming your way. Thank you, specs, open phones. Yeah, new three Days Grace. Yeah, we're gonna do the next song you hear at the top of the hour. You guys know that after we tell you to call in for beer, it'll be the three Days Gray song. Great reviews even from the Keyboard Warriors. People liked it, so I got that. Then we're giving away a trip out to California to our alter Ego show.
Speaker 2: We've been qualifying you all week.
Speaker 1: Given a caller ten the Caves, the Elephant, Neon Pill Vinyl as your qualifying prize because they are on the bill along with Offspring and Incubis and a bunch of other great bands.
Speaker 2: Today we find out who's going to that show.
Speaker 1: I think it's January eleventh or something huge huge, Yeah, your first trip of the year on us, so we'll get the fit person qualified on Know the Show, and then we got to turn around and do that Grand prize drawing before we get out of here. So we got to work cut out for us in this last hour. Sunny skies today ten percent chance of rain, hype seventy four.
Speaker 2: That's for today and tomorrow.
Speaker 1: We make it partly Cloudy's Guys on Sunday, but it warms up still low chances of rain high of eighty two on Sunday. Tessa one final time. Houston's headlines he's.
Speaker 5: Going to elect Trump is using a former Florida Attorney General for US Attorney General. His selection of Pam Bondi comes after former Florida Congressman Matt Gates withdrew his name from consideration in a post on truth social Trump's at Bondi will refocus the DOJ to its intended purpose of fighting crime and making America safe again.
Speaker 4: Houston marri Jehn Whitmyer's lande a one.
Speaker 5: Hundred million dollars plan to reduce the city's homeless population. Houston will work with organizations such as the Housing Authority, the Homeless Coalition, and the Homeland Security and Homeland security to reduce the number of people living on the streets. The idea is to move people into shelters that provide showers, bathrooms, and meals from the food bank. Case workers will attempt to address mental health ish shooes in an effort to find affordable housing or reunite people with their families. Here's some welcome news. The American Farm Bureaus says your Thanksgiving dinner should cost a little lesson it did in twenty twenty three. Now they crunch the numbers each year and look around and look at around a dozen Thanksgiving staples like turkey, stuffing and pumpkin pie. They've been doing this for forty years. According to the report, a basic Thanksgiving meal for ten people will cost an average of fifty eight dollars and eight cents. If you break that down per person, it's five dollars and eighty one cents. That's down from five that's down five percent from a year ago.
Speaker 1: Anybody cooking Thanksgiving dinner at their house and getting in and out of this thing for under sixty bucks?
Speaker 4: No, like, where are you shopping? It's just where are you?
Speaker 13: Like?
Speaker 4: Is this a black market store? I don't know about more where it is.
Speaker 1: This report has been coming out the entire time I've been doing I've been doing mornings now twenty five years. This report's been coming out that long, and it's infuriating every single year.
Speaker 5: Well, it also makes me upset because if just according to American fim BUO, like they're like, well, this is what we get for these products. I don't doubt that farmers are getting cheap prices, like they're like, here, here's what we'll give you for your corn, your turkey, and then they turn around and give it to us and we're gouged out of it.
Speaker 4: Like stop telling me dinner is less.
Speaker 5: Than sixty bucks at the grocery store for my whole family. That's crazy. Some people's groceries cost more.
Speaker 4: Than their mortgage. Like I too, get a little worked up about this.
Speaker 2: If it couldn't tell right they get us every year.
Speaker 5: Okay, Commemorative popcorn buckets are the new thing. We've seen them unintentionally and be like sexual and weird.
Speaker 4: But now is this one dangerous?
Speaker 5: Alex amc made one for the upcoming Lord of the Rings animated movie, and it looks like it could do some damage. It's in the shape of a warhammer. It's over two feet long. The head opens up, the popcorn goes inside, but it doesn't open from the top. It opens on the side, which means you're eating your popcorn. The handle's gonna stick out either. Do your right your left are straight ahead, and the bottom has a point on it. Maybe will be fine. It just seems like reports of people getting poked with these things are inevitable. When the movie opens up in December and December December thirteenth, you could check out a picture.
Speaker 4: Of this monstrosity of a popcorn bucket on the blog page.
Speaker 5: New music is out today one Assassination under God Chapter one, Marilyn Manson releasing his twelve studio album I'm looking at the art from this because I clicked on it on the music blog page.
Speaker 4: He says, pre order is available now.
Speaker 5: There's a sacrilegious music video out now, and you can find everything you.
Speaker 4: Need concerning Marilyn Manson.
Speaker 2: Well, that was pre orders probably yesterday.
Speaker 1: It's out so you can get it today. It's good.
Speaker 5: Yeah, sorry, pre orders were available for a yeah, a couple weeks before, but it's released today.
Speaker 1: It's good. I told you how great. He was opening up for five finger death Punch. I said he looked good, he was in good spirits. He sounded gray.
Speaker 5: He he's scared and that's rights are made.
Speaker 2: Of He's still dangerous.
Speaker 10: But this.
Speaker 1: Said, guys, it's really good. There's some great music out right now.
Speaker 6: Those areas said nights ty, what you got in sports?
Speaker 4: On Thursday night?
Speaker 2: Football?
Speaker 6: We got a snow game.
Speaker 7: Grounds beat the Steelers in at twenty four to nineteen rounds. Running Back Nick Chubb had two touchdowns in that one. Through the highlights. If you didn't watch the game, because I didn't, the highlights are so great. The snow spun. It just adds such a fun element. I can't even imagine what it's like watching that. If you've never really been in snow before, is it even more.
Speaker 1: Fun for you to watch? Or how are you doing that? Yes?
Speaker 6: My wife I had She was like, how do they how do they like shovel the snow so fast?
Speaker 7: Like all the lines of perfecty like those are all super imposed on the field, like we see those They have no idea what the field? Yeah, like they were doing it in between stoppages. But I thought that, like they just somehow perfectly mandic here at the line.
Speaker 2: And the game didn't start out looking like that.
Speaker 6: No, and halftime they came out and it was just a snow glow. It was crazy.
Speaker 1: That's what's got to be amazing to someone that didn't grow up in that environment. To see a highlight from the first quarter and to see a highlight from the third quarter. This can't be the same game in the same city, and it is. It can change that quickly.
Speaker 5: This to me, it shuts up all the people that are like what they get paid so much money like this to me, you play football in the snow like this is the week you're earning your paycheck because it's wild.
Speaker 1: That's the one thing I understand. You know, Buffalo Bills are getting a new stadium. There's no roof on it. Why are you?
Speaker 6: It's football us.
Speaker 2: And that's the future.
Speaker 1: As I get older, and obviously I don't live there, but you know, I have some friends that still are season ticket holders, and you know, they're.
Speaker 2: My age, and they're not tough anymore. Yeah, they're like, let's get.
Speaker 1: A roof on this game.
Speaker 4: You're going, it's not bad.
Speaker 2: But there isn't There isn't there.
Speaker 1: It should not be a billion dollars is being spent, and none of that is on a roof.
Speaker 7: I think everything should have like you should have to play three mandatory weather games.
Speaker 6: All right, we're just gonna pour a punch of water on here. We're gonna make it rain.
Speaker 7: You have to play in that. But that was cool text. And they're gonna be back at home on Sunday to take on the Titans. That's gonna kick off at noon. You can watch it on CBS Noddle. College games in the schedule Tomorrow the big game of the weekend. Number two Ohio State plays fifth rank Indiana at eleven. You can watch it on Fox. Third rank ut takes on Kentucky at two thirty. U of Age is gonna host Baylor at six, and number fifteen Texas A and M is gonna be at Auburn at six thirty. In basketball, Rockets are back in action tonight. They're gonna play the Trailblazers in the NBA Cup Tip opposite seven. You can listen to it on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety.
Speaker 6: That is what's going on in sports, all.
Speaker 2: Right, guys, you know what the lineup is. It's beer.
Speaker 1: It's new three days Grace Music and we'll go right into open phones.
Speaker 2: I love it the buzz rock and alterna.
Speaker 13: The rod Ryan Morning Show six to ten AM.
Speaker 8: Bam Friday, you got a free Bam Friday. You got a free Bam Friday.
Speaker 15: You got a free Bam Friday, Free Bam Friday.
Speaker 12: Day.
Speaker 15: Day Friday.
Speaker 1: I love that new three Days Gray song. I think it's so good. We did. We played that for the first time at seven twenty this morning, and then we just gave it its second spin and uh and I do I like it more than I heard that when I heard at seven twenty this morning. Heavy rotation, Wizard, what are you waiting for?
Speaker 15: Just do it, dude, just do it.
Speaker 10: Get it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a pretty heavy rotation.
Speaker 1: Today. It is being played every two hours. I'd be here.
Speaker 2: Good Morning, rod Ryan Show. Who's on the phone.
Speaker 1: This is Nate, Nate the Great.
Speaker 2: I know you were calling in and trying. Did you hear that new three Days Gray song?
Speaker 8: Yet?
Speaker 10: I did?
Speaker 19: It?
Speaker 10: Sounds good.
Speaker 1: I need to hear more of it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I need to hear more of it too.
Speaker 1: Let's let's meet back right here at eleven and we'll Jeremy, we'll play it.
Speaker 2: Okay, would you look at Would you like a case of beer?
Speaker 10: I would love a case of beer, dude. I can do that.
Speaker 15: I can do that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I got a case of beer for Nate the Great. Where are you from?
Speaker 10: I'm from our Houston.
Speaker 1: What is the best time to eat on Thanksgiving Day? What's the best time?
Speaker 11: No, two o'clock, one, twelve to two o'clock.
Speaker 1: Twelve to two o'clock still the number two most popular answer. Two to four is the most popular answer on our poll question Today, somebody said to me, there's an old saying like, you can't be drunk all day if you don't start in the morning. Oh my god, you can't eat Thanksgiving dinner all day if you don't start early. Okay, so earlier the better for me. I'm with Nate the Great over here. I voted twelve to two. So bro, have a great Thanksgiving, enjoy your beers, you too, Thank you, Thank you, brother Nate. I can tell Nate's cool because we agree on a lot of things, like the new three Days, grace, when to eat Thanksgiving.
Speaker 2: Sometimes I call myself Rod the Great, he's Nate the Great.
Speaker 1: We have a lot in common. Sunny skies today ten percent chance of rain, high of seventy four. Oh, we're doing this. Oh, We're just gonna just do it. We're just going to open phones for Iday. Open phones for Iday, more like open phones, fried Yay. Yeah, open phones, man, every phone line is open right now as we get Nate's information, anything that.
Speaker 2: All that you want to talk about. I'm good with that.
Speaker 1: Sammy Baker Davis Junior. Are you starting us out on open phones? If this is not fresh on a bed head to headtime? Yeah, I know, I got to sleep in the day.
Speaker 2: Okay, what you got?
Speaker 10: Hey, man, I was just wondering.
Speaker 24: I'm sure I didn't miss it.
Speaker 1: But when you're all gonna draw for the tournament, since you're gonna be off next week, and we'll get right great like Nate, great question, Yeah, go ahead, So we should probably Well, I think you and you're Twinny and I are going to do it right after the show to you're gonna go Facebook live, Facebook live. So what Sammy's asking Sammy Baker, Sammy Baker Davis Jr. Is a is a maven. It't the fresh out of bed head to have, Okay, and that means he's really good at it. So he's in the Tournament of Champions. The best of the best are going to come back and play after the Thanksgiving break. It's nothing but five day champions taking on one another head to head combat in a bracket. We have to set up those brackets. Sammy wants to know when he's playing. You're going to go Facebook Live with the brackets, a drawing to show that there's no favoritism, and then we'll draw the names. We'll do that afterwards. Okay, so you want to do Facebook live or Instagram live.
Speaker 6: What is the Let's do Blue Sky Live.
Speaker 1: No, yeah, we have ten followers.
Speaker 2: Let's go Facebook live.
Speaker 1: Let's get We'll do Facebook live. Okay, Sammy perfect man.
Speaker 6: Sounds great.
Speaker 1: I'll look forward to when you get back.
Speaker 19: Yes. Thanks.
Speaker 1: Is there one person in the tournament that you hope that you see in combat? Is there one person that you would love to beat more than anyone else? Well, I've never played him, but my boy White Rodney.
Speaker 18: Yeah, we're pretty good friends.
Speaker 1: So you've never for years? I never Yeah, we've never played again.
Speaker 2: Golly White Rodney's been playing a long time too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so okay, that'd be fun.
Speaker 2: That would be a great matchup. Then I love that.
Speaker 1: I thought. I was just like everybody wants to be the best. You got to beat the best. I would say, I want to beat the goat. The goat, you know, I want to play the goat. I want to beat the goat. All right, Sammy, good luck in the tournament. Amy, you're next up. Good morning.
Speaker 17: Hi.
Speaker 16: Well, actually this is Alex Oh with the tom Bod Chamber of Commerce. I'm calling from Amy Strom.
Speaker 5: So right.
Speaker 24: I wanted to let everybody know that we have our fifty ninth annual Tombaugh Holiday Parade coming up this Saturday, presented by Houston Methodist Wilborough Hospital.
Speaker 16: Fine go rolling down Main Street at ten a m.
Speaker 4: Is Santa going to be there, yes, mister and missus.
Speaker 16: Oh, and that a couple of elves.
Speaker 1: Now what you should do different in tom Ball is you should have him as the like right in the middle. Let me guess you're at the end. You gotta wait, we do have them at the end. That's the right place for Sanna.
Speaker 4: That's the right place for san Yeah, okay, Sun for the kids.
Speaker 1: Yeah, of course it is. I mean, who doesn't love a parade? They wrote a song like that. Now do you know how many floats and how many you know, like, is there a number of people that are gonna be in the parade that you know of?
Speaker 24: Yeah, so we have one hundred and sixty entries, and so of course some of those entries have you know, multiple vehicles or trailers and stuff like that, walkers, bands, horses.
Speaker 16: About forty thousand people attend, so so great, great.
Speaker 10: I.
Speaker 6: Love it.
Speaker 2: I love it all right, Amy.
Speaker 16: Thank you, Yes, of course I'll have a good one.
Speaker 1: Thank you too.
Speaker 2: You sound like a Chamber of Commerce person.
Speaker 4: I love it. Put together parade for me.
Speaker 1: But she got right to it. You can tell like that I want her in charge of everything. Well, that's Amy's phone. Sorry, Kenny, good morning, So good morning man.
Speaker 10: How are you gonna let me fall hellow up that one?
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, you know, Chamber of commerce. What do you dude, you're the chamber of your commerce? What do you got for open funks?
Speaker 19: Oh not?
Speaker 11: The match is so close. Thanksgiving, you know, if they're going to come on here and just say things, I'm thankful for you know, I'm thankful for my career, thankful for my wife, I'm thankful for you guys and all y'all have done to the city.
Speaker 1: Well, thank you for that.
Speaker 2: Well, no, what is your career that you're thankful for?
Speaker 11: I'm actually in water in wastewater operate water your plants.
Speaker 1: Have you been doing that a long time?
Speaker 10: No, sir, about two years?
Speaker 1: Okay, so you're pretty thankful to be there. And then you said you were thankful for your wife. How long has she been around?
Speaker 11: H seventeen years and we've been fifteen. I've actually met you at the Rosie concert and hung out with you for a little bit back then, too.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, lovely. So what time do you guys? Are you guys having dinner on Thursday?
Speaker 11: Yes, I'm not sure when. I'm just gonna leting my wife deal with this one this year?
Speaker 1: Does she do all the cooking?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 11: I normally do. Well, you know we're we're a big cook family. Everybody loves to cook.
Speaker 1: You know kid's wife.
Speaker 11: You know, we go, we go, Gordon ramsay on everybody. So we like to take above and beyond and uh, this year, I think that my wife is gonna do most of the cooking. I'm gonna sit back and.
Speaker 1: Drink for your good for you, all right, Kenny, thank you, that's good man. I think people do want to kind of sneak that in there. What are you thankful for? You can sneak that into your calls. Anything goes for Open phones Fridays, guys, that's another line open seven one three, two one two five nine four five.
Speaker 2: My favorite hour of radio on the radio.
Speaker 1: It's right now Houston Rock, Houston's Alternative all Day and The Rod Ryan Morning Show ninety five, ninety four five The Buzz, Good morning, rod Ryan's Show. All right, we'll get back to your phone calls in just a minute. To all you guys this hour open phones. You know we're gonna leave you with no the show, as we always do, but it's a huge one today you'll be if you win, know the show, you'll be the fifth and final person in the drawing for the trip out to California to our alter ego show. So we leave you with a huge trip giveaway. And then online Kid's Alics Online ninety four five The mud.
Speaker 2: I mean the highs of that and then the lows of this.
Speaker 6: I guess today these are you'll be watching those not of yourself.
Speaker 1: Oh what is it? What do you got today?
Speaker 6: Thanksgivings coming up? So these are turkey fails.
Speaker 2: Oh there's no, like virtual carve a turkey game.
Speaker 7: It probably was, But I like watching people trying to put frozen turkeys in friars way more.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that's hey, that's a good.
Speaker 6: Idea, and it's not ever a good idea. Don't do that, and then people right now, maybe you didn't didn't keep a.
Speaker 7: Timer going right, or you just misjudge the timer and try to do it off the top of your head and you burn the hell out of your turkey. Just a bunch of people messing up their turkeys, sometimes in friars, sometimes enough, and sometimes a bunch of other ways.
Speaker 2: Sometimes you just need to hear stuff set out loud, guys.
Speaker 1: The number one thing that happens I'm told still to this day, and I know it's nobody in this all. It's probably some ruling Ryan listening. People will put too much oil if you're frying a turkey in the pot, so people put the front, they'll they'll drop the turkey in and then all of a sudden, the fryer oil goes over the top. Be smart about it. Take your turkey, put it in there, fill it full of water so that the water goes above the turkey, and mark the line. On the pot. That's that's your that's your fillne now, but there's nothing but the thing that needs to be said after this is when you take your turkey out. Okay, you have to dry the turkey really good, get all the water off of it, and get all the water out of that pot. Water and oil don't mix. But that's how you determine how much oil you need. Yeah, because that's the number one thing.
Speaker 6: Can you just put it in oil without it being hot?
Speaker 2: You could do that and then you got too.
Speaker 1: But you're dealing with the greasy, oily turkey. It's just it's a mess. It's a mess.
Speaker 6: The water is trying to hack the hack water safe water.
Speaker 1: It's easy.
Speaker 2: It really is a simple thing to just chug the water.
Speaker 4: Please be careful, get a sure.
Speaker 7: Check out these turkey fails at the World Famish Ride Ryan showpage at the buzz dot com.
Speaker 2: Turkey water for everyone, who would you bring out dog water?
Speaker 1: All right, here we go, Come on, peasing Cross. You haven't lived unless you had a rum in turkey water.
Speaker 2: M He says, Thanksgiving, Open phones Friday.
Speaker 1: You're in luck. It's open phones Friday. Nick's been hanging on, Hey Nick? Hello, Hello, Nick, what you got for us on open phones?
Speaker 11: I just wanted to give a shout out to you guys. I've been watching you off since I was about four years old.
Speaker 2: Come on, now, how old are you? I'm twenty now you're twenty years old?
Speaker 6: Nick?
Speaker 1: Thank you?
Speaker 4: Thank you so tender and mild you are.
Speaker 1: I have your parents to thank for kind of bringing you into the family, I mean into their family, but into our family.
Speaker 17: Right.
Speaker 2: They must have listened.
Speaker 1: You don't make decisions like that at four, yes, sir, unless you're like my kid, like, no, we're doing this. I'm like, damn it. Okay, this is my second time calling though. I won the Vinyl Wednesday. Oh geez, that was fun. We need to bring that back.
Speaker 4: Wait, if you want the Vinyl Wednesday? They are you in the grand prize drawing?
Speaker 10: Yes, ma'am?
Speaker 1: Oh that one? You won the kneon pill vinyls so you're qualified for that trip that Grand Prize drawing that we're doing today.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's huge, Nick, Thank you, dude.
Speaker 1: I appreciate all the years, and again, shout out to your folks who obviously raise you.
Speaker 9: Right.
Speaker 1: Hey, it's Adam the cop. What are we getting pulled? Over for oh man, just here.
Speaker 20: The wish'all a happy Thanksgiving and I hope everybody has safe travels.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Adam. Are you out there writing tickets today?
Speaker 20: I am, but I'm telling you I can't be more excited right now. The long wait over for some Alan Parsons Project and Thunderdome.
Speaker 19: This breakover?
Speaker 18: I am ready.
Speaker 1: What is he talking about? A champions Oh, the Ellen Parsons Project. We do change the music up, two men enter, one man leaves. Oh my god, that's all starting on Monday.
Speaker 6: So you heard people might die this year.
Speaker 2: You heard Sammy Sammy.
Speaker 1: Sammy was on and he was asking one of these knuckleheads, gonna finally like do the drawing? Uh, if you're in the Tournament of Champions or if you have any interest at all on the matchups that are going to be in that first round of the brackets. We're gonna go Facebook live after the show today. So good luck, Adam, Good luck in the tournament?
Speaker 10: How many?
Speaker 2: How many times in the Hall of Fame for you?
Speaker 1: This is my fifth year. He's one of the all time greats, no doubt about it. All right, don't get pulled over by Adam. He's a nice guy, but he's gonna pull you over.
Speaker 6: I love the Ryan Show. Is he gonna maybe give you warning?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 2: If you if you busted out some fresh out of bed head to head, he might cutch it.
Speaker 6: I will root for you every time you play.
Speaker 2: You just tell him that your next up on open phones. Good morning, Good morning?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 15: Are you this morning?
Speaker 8: Both?
Speaker 1: So great?
Speaker 15: Man?
Speaker 2: How are you?
Speaker 25: Oh?
Speaker 10: I'm perfect.
Speaker 19: It's Friday, got the weekend.
Speaker 4: Ahead of me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're all right.
Speaker 19: Y'all were talking about the best gas stations to stop bet and someone said BUCkies. Yeah, and I disagree with you. BUCkies the suit busy, But the best one I've been to it's called Petra. They have haircutting place in there, they have restaurants. It's just awesome to stop that and it has a big selection, just not for people's for truckers too. And I'd rather stop there than BUCkies because the parking is better.
Speaker 2: Let me ask you, can I ask you? Are you a truck driver?
Speaker 19: No, sir, I'm not as a family that is though, Okay.
Speaker 1: I just I wonder if because I never asked the truckers like, do you take that personally? And do you feel like there's a party of BUCkies and you're not invited. They don't want the big trucks in there. They're not set up for the eighteen wheelers. It says right there, there's a something like you can't come in.
Speaker 10: Here, no, sir.
Speaker 19: And it's hard to get into the restrooms too, because everybody's stopping there for the restrooms.
Speaker 1: That's right, all right, well, Shannon, thank you man, I appreciate it. Oscar. Next up on open phones, great man, what you got Did you just have a birthday recently?
Speaker 10: Yes, he was yesterday.
Speaker 11: So I just wanted to do a quick shout out to almost family, you know, for the birthday wishes you know, yeah, you know who you are.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, Oscar, it sounds like you got a lot of people that wanted to wish you happy birthday.
Speaker 2: I'll back it up, happy belated birthday.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: This is Sergio. I'm glad he called in. This is Ashley with a nice husband, right Sergio.
Speaker 10: Hey, hey dude, I just have surgery.
Speaker 2: He oh, phone's cutting out, Sergio.
Speaker 20: You there?
Speaker 10: Hello, yep?
Speaker 1: Hello?
Speaker 2: Oh no, yeah, I can hear you. You just had shoulder surgery, right, yeah, and.
Speaker 4: The drugs are that makes sense?
Speaker 1: This is Sergio.
Speaker 2: The drugs are so good, he forgot how to use a phone, So.
Speaker 4: I that makes sense, Sergio.
Speaker 1: We love you. We wish you a speedy recovery. She said he's not gonna be able to use his arm for like a month.
Speaker 4: You can't use the phone either, and.
Speaker 1: He's on some good drugs right now, Sergio.
Speaker 4: I wish you the best, Get better quick, friends.
Speaker 1: Hello, Nick, it might be our phones. Nicky there? Hello yo?
Speaker 19: Nick?
Speaker 1: Hello, Hi Nick? How are you? I'm good?
Speaker 10: We just talked.
Speaker 1: Oh fine, good to have you back on, Nick. I love you.
Speaker 2: I missed you, Nick. Nick, I missed you.
Speaker 1: I missed y'all too.
Speaker 11: I hope to see you in person.
Speaker 10: I was trying to go to y'alls ten year anniversar or twenty year anniverse. I forgot what it was.
Speaker 1: Oh damn it. You didn't get tickets, No, sir, Nick, We just talked like two minutes ago. Yeah, did you call back or.
Speaker 13: Did you just?
Speaker 2: Did you just never hang up?
Speaker 11: I forgot to hang up.
Speaker 1: I'm working.
Speaker 4: We got.
Speaker 1: All right, Nick, listen second. The second time was sweeter than the first. Nick, have a great Thanksgiving, all right, thank you so much.
Speaker 2: Good day, Nixleick.
Speaker 1: What we already talked, Rob, Why are you coming to it? You know you're on the phone.
Speaker 5: He's not look because he's waiting for the grand price drawing.
Speaker 1: That's right, That's right. Okay, Uh, that's well until Nick hangs up. That's another It might be another line open.
Speaker 4: We need that line. Let me just like let someone else have that line.
Speaker 1: And really, somebody check on Sergio please. Okay, you forgot how to use the phone. That pain med must be really good. Oh, seven one three, ninety four five. It's open phones. You never know.
Speaker 2: Here comes Thanksgiving? Hi, I'm here, and here comes your family.
Speaker 1: Hide the bong.
Speaker 13: They are listening to the Rock Riding Show.
Speaker 1: The ninety four five The Buzz, Good Morning rod Ryan' show. That's Jimmy World. This is the Rod Ryan Show. It's open phones Friday outside JB the rude Dog. He said, Rod, you did it again. I have probably fed up that oil advice. Nine of the last ten times I've told you that in the last years.
Speaker 4: Great, Okay, did you do now?
Speaker 1: Okay? So I talked about the number one cause of fires with the turkey frying.
Speaker 4: The turkey is still frozen.
Speaker 1: No, it's putting too much oil. Putting too much oil in the pot, then you drop the turkey in there, and then it overflows. You got an open flame there.
Speaker 19: Boom.
Speaker 1: It's a mess. And I said the way to do this, and I missed an important step in there, and he's right. And I screw it up every time because I never have it pre planned out that I'm going to talk about it on the air one more time. This this is the trick to not putting too much oil in your pot. Place your turkey in the pot, Pour water over the turkey until oil covers and completely submer or does your turkey Take the turkey out.
Speaker 2: That is your fill line.
Speaker 4: Right then you mark the line.
Speaker 1: Don't mark the line with the turkey in there. Take the turkey out. That's the displacement of the turkey. Will then bring that level down. That's your line to make dry everything off. Like I said, put your oil in there, dry that turkey, dry that pot really good.
Speaker 2: But yeah, he's right, there was that one very very important.
Speaker 4: Step right first time trying a turkey.
Speaker 5: Stay inside, please say any line, stay inside right, get inside right now.
Speaker 13: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: The thing that you miss on that is the guy Jesus Christ. Somebody cut off that video? Is there?
Speaker 19: Just?
Speaker 1: Is there one copy of it out there?
Speaker 6: Where you going?
Speaker 1: Is there one copy of because I think mom shut it off right there, But golly, if we could get him with the full Jesus Christ, that the because that was big in my house, Jeeze says Christy. It's open phones, Friday, Alex.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry to upset you.
Speaker 6: We're not upsetting.
Speaker 1: I know you heard that dad yelling you got upset.
Speaker 6: I'm not upset.
Speaker 1: Lauren. You're next up on open phones.
Speaker 17: Good morning, Good morning, guys.
Speaker 2: How are y'all so awesome? Lauren? You're on open phones, Friday. I can't wait to hear what you got for us.
Speaker 17: Well, I just wanted to. My son yesterday was talking to his friends about when he was on the show with y'all. Hearing COVID on his birthday made the fourth be with you. You guys gave him a pick to his very first concert. We went to the Offspring concert Buzz Buzz when it first came out. We just want to thank you so much for being y'all. Y'all are great, and y'all are amazing with children too. Just keep talking and thank you making his birthday.
Speaker 1: Well you know what, and then you made that great memory with him, and that's what it's all about. That man. Nothing puts a smile on my face bigger, really, Lauren, thank you, thank you so much, Thank you guys, thank you.
Speaker 2: Uh Michelle the former intern, oh good.
Speaker 1: Miny blind can't see a thing.
Speaker 2: Just so, but I can smell you from a mile away.
Speaker 1: Everybody knows Michelle used to work for us a long time ago, and sometimes she uses a speech, a text to speech on her phone on her emails and stuff. So I always email her back and then I put something in bold. I put the most evil, rudest things on there, and I'm hoping that she's in a like on a bus and it reads it out loud and I'm talking about cheesy balls and everything else. I put the most evil thing. I string together the worst words possible, just hoping that one day, that one day she's in an elevator and it's read out loud. I'd like to hope that that you.
Speaker 11: Send them through company email.
Speaker 1: HR.
Speaker 10: I hope you got my response earlier.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I saw that.
Speaker 1: Hey, listen, you were right about that three days Gray Song. You were the first one to kind of hit me to it. It's awesome, man, you were right. It's a great song.
Speaker 11: Like it a lot I do.
Speaker 10: I'm glad he.
Speaker 4: Care for Matt so much, so much.
Speaker 10: I don't arks day I did this to him when he was back and together they sound really very good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're kind of breaking up. We're kind of breaking up, Michelle.
Speaker 19: I know that you like it.
Speaker 1: Thank you, love you, Happy Thanksgiving?
Speaker 4: Our phone suck? Can I just just play sucks? Play it? Play the drive that one right?
Speaker 2: Dare God, Let's just try one more call?
Speaker 1: Sorry, Michelle, you deserve better than that.
Speaker 2: Josh, good morning, Hey, good morning.
Speaker 17: All right?
Speaker 1: What's up?
Speaker 7: Man?
Speaker 2: That's gonna be the last call for open phones? What you got for us today?
Speaker 10: Oh that's awesome.
Speaker 22: I just want to tell everybody Happy Thanksgiving.
Speaker 10: I'm so thankful for all y'all. And I got a quick question. How much? When does it become rude?
Speaker 17: On how much leftover you take from your family's house?
Speaker 1: I think you well, so you're talking about hair. Here's a spoon, take some home. My mom just loads me up with like here.
Speaker 6: Take all of this stuff.
Speaker 4: Like there's no way I'm gonna.
Speaker 6: Be able to eat all of this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So are you talking about you're feeling bad about maybe taking too much?
Speaker 22: Yeah, because we're going to Thanksgiving in the afternoon and then another family members in the evening, and I'm just thinking, I just want to grab a pie or two.
Speaker 10: I just don't know when you don't grab more.
Speaker 2: Okay, so you're an animal. You sound like you're taking a whole pie.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he is too much.
Speaker 4: You go around too much.
Speaker 6: There's not the worst that I have a left over pie that nobody's eating.
Speaker 1: If you have twelve left over pies, take a pie piece or two. Don't take a whole.
Speaker 26: Pie.
Speaker 1: You take a whole pie from my house. I'm gonna chop off your fingers.
Speaker 5: You take it now.
Speaker 1: You gotta yelling at each other last cold take.
Speaker 4: That pie here and take a fork while you're at it.
Speaker 2: So glad you got through whatever you should have ended.
Speaker 10: So I'll keep it small.
Speaker 22: Then maybe half the pot.
Speaker 4: God, don't you ever call it? You're again?
Speaker 6: Should a picture tie or else?
Speaker 2: You take the whole pie? You never call here again?
Speaker 6: Well, now call.
Speaker 4: That's gonna do it for us, guys, just the time.
Speaker 1: Hopefully the phones will work enough that we can get somebody in on you know the show, guys, better, well, let me just ask Nick. He's probably still has no. I'm just kidding.
Speaker 4: If Nick wins, I'm gonna die.
Speaker 1: CA's the elephant neon pill vinyl on the chopping block for no the show. You will be the fifth and final person in the drawing. Chili's gotta have all the names ready to go. We will do a grand prize drawing. We will get out of here. We will part great friends, and we will not see each other for a week here. God maybe all right, that's all coming up.
Speaker 23: Houston's Rock, Houston's Alternative and the Rod Ryan Morning.
Speaker 1: Shows ninety four five, The Buzz one. Guys, we have to go, but before we go, one more person we'll be in the drawing. And I guess we're ready to go for this. We have a grand prize drawing coming up, a trip for two to California to our alter ego show Incubus Ever.
Speaker 10: Heard of him?
Speaker 2: Have offering? Ever heard of them?
Speaker 19: Yeah?
Speaker 2: A bunch of other bands ever hear?
Speaker 8: Then?
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay they're all on this bill.
Speaker 1: Okay, great? So what was that Nick that was on the phone ten times with this still like Nick? It was like open Nick Friday. He won a Caid's The Elephant Neon Pill vinyl from US earlier this week. Started listening to the show when he was four years old. He's twenty nine. He's qualified for the trip. You could be qualified for that trip. I will give you a Caid's The Elephant Neon Pill if you answer Testa's question correctly.
Speaker 10: What is it?
Speaker 5: What did I not get to do today or yesterday or the day before that because of alet wherever?
Speaker 6: Again, shut up.
Speaker 1: You didn't get to do it for two weeks.
Speaker 2: You were denied. It was not talked about ever that you weren't allowed to do this.
Speaker 4: It just never happened, didn't need It's just like hijacked.
Speaker 1: That was not any kind of plan that I wasn't anything that I put in the syllabus for this promotion.
Speaker 4: Dis guys it a maniac seven.
Speaker 1: One, three, two and two five nine four five, denied ten times, so many times.
Speaker 2: But like every day denied.
Speaker 4: Never mind, I'm not gonna give it.
Speaker 1: Not allowed to do this for all ten days? Seven one, three, two and two five nine four five.
Speaker 4: Rod Ryan, you'reffing him like a Thanksgiving turkey from a.
Speaker 1: Go The Ron Ryan Show on ninety four five, the buzz Yeah, ninety four or five, The buzz breaking Betroman, I will not bow Rod Ryan Show, get ready to get out of here?
Speaker 2: Oh my goodness, a grand prize drawing two.
Speaker 4: Yep, call in here.
Speaker 2: Good to the last drop.
Speaker 4: That's right, that's what I mean.
Speaker 13: It's right.
Speaker 1: It wasn't created for this show, but it really does apply. Good to the last drop. Let me tell you any other show. Dean and Roger are in their car right now, hiding and Roger in your car driving home. Try at home, going to the country clubbas job being all right, Sunny's guys today. Ten percent chance of rain HiPE seventy four. Same thing for tomorrow and then Sunday again. Low chances of rain, partly cloudy. High of eighty two. Is now time for know this show?
Speaker 13: On ninety four to five The buzz l l La la la la la la la la la la la la la la.
Speaker 1: All right, go over to the Phone's here for no show. Good morning, Rod.
Speaker 4: No, No, is this your boyfriend on the phone. Yes it is.
Speaker 10: That's Bill Parker.
Speaker 17: Go out.
Speaker 4: That would be my dream.
Speaker 13: Bill.
Speaker 1: Understand that that's Bill Parker.
Speaker 2: I knew that was Bill Parker for.
Speaker 1: The second he said, hello, my goodness, you should.
Speaker 5: See Rod never looks as happy for half a seconds.
Speaker 1: Hoping you not okay?
Speaker 10: You day be dog? I uh so happy to get get through. Actually so, man, I hope I got that. I know the answer?
Speaker 1: All right, Tessa, this is Bill Parker.
Speaker 4: Ever heard of him a couple of times on this show. I just don't know Bill Parker.
Speaker 15: You understand, you stand.
Speaker 4: I don't understand.
Speaker 1: For some reason, you don't understand the Bill Parker.
Speaker 4: I don't get it.
Speaker 2: I don't think Dinah got it either. He's very ambrasive to women.
Speaker 4: Call out a red flag.
Speaker 1: Guys, all right, what's your question?
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, tell me Bill Parker. What have I not been able to do? Like for the last ten days.
Speaker 10: I was gonna say two things, but I'll say the right one first, and that is the wheel when.
Speaker 2: Well, it sounded like he had a funny answer, but he wanted to give you.
Speaker 10: But I'll keep that one to myself. It's the holidays.
Speaker 4: No, give me the first answer so that you can go to the next call.
Speaker 15: No, he got it right.
Speaker 4: He said something wrong. Next star here dramming here, see how I let you draw the grand price.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm gonna say Tessa's disdain of Bill Parker. You should not be drawing right now.
Speaker 13: I'm not.
Speaker 4: I'm not let Alex draw his boyfriend's name.
Speaker 1: Read it, read it, read it? What say Kyle Parks, Kyle, Kyle park Kyle Parks is the winner of the trip. Congratulations.
Speaker 5: No, Kyle Parker, Bier, you get the vinyl, You get the MP on vinyl.
Speaker 13: You do know the show?
Speaker 10: Well, that's that's what's up. I appreciate everything you right to and uh, thank you, thank you. It's the love hate relationship.
Speaker 1: But number love forty pretty see you guys have.
Speaker 10: A happy Thanksgiving and all that good stuff.
Speaker 6: Loves you.
Speaker 1: He loves you.
Speaker 6: I'd let him spin the wheel for that love a sweetie.
Speaker 2: Bill Parker, what time are you guys eating Thanksgiving?
Speaker 11: Ron I we started, like.
Speaker 10: You said, I think between twelve and two, but then I'm gonna eat all day. Yeah, I'm just knack.
Speaker 19: If you eating, take a.
Speaker 10: Nap, get up for eat repeat.
Speaker 1: It still, Parker, it's a legend. You understand.
Speaker 6: I don't understand.
Speaker 1: Don't understand.
Speaker 4: There's no understanding.
Speaker 1: All right, Billy, okay, all right, Billy, hang on for me.
Speaker 15: That's fun.
Speaker 1: I mean, you can't script this stuff. Good to the last drop, I'm sorry. Great to the last drop.
Speaker 15: That was amazing.
Speaker 1: That was amazing. I could have used a little more cow bell. You're gonna want that cow bell. I gotta have more cow bell.
Speaker 6: Baby.
Speaker 26: I got a fever, and the only prescription he small. Kilt Parker, the legend had.
Speaker 4: A shot name. After all, I don't understand that.
Speaker 2: Understand Why not? Somebody doesn't understand?
Speaker 1: Here? Uh, fresh out of mad head to head just kind of like a Funzies game, right, So great questions? No, golly, those questions Josh and Matt were fabulous. Here it says I think Matt won, but who cares