Speaker 1: And we continue on Fred Rogan Rodney Pete on a five to seventy LA Sports. Hey, if you miss any part of the show, you shouldn't. Why would you. We make it so simple for you. Just get the iHeartRadio app. Listen to the podcast because Kevin will put it up the minute we get off the air. And if you have the app, you may never listen to the podcast because you can simply stream the show wherever you go live. Put it in your shirt pocket and we'll be near your heart. We want to hear your heart beat. Say that again, Fred, Put it in your shirt pocket and we will be near your heart. We want to hear your heart beat. So you can stream the show live. You can stream the station live twenty four hours a day. Just get the iHeartRadio app. Okay, now, let's get to the East coast and check in with our Laker insider. Our good friend writes for the LA Times and does a damn good job of it, Dan Wiki and Dan, good afternoon to.
Speaker 2: You, bred To. What a wonderful introduction. Thank you all.
Speaker 3: True Anyway, what are.
Speaker 1: You currently part of it? Where are you?
Speaker 2: I am in my hotel room in Washington, d C. I am on the fourteenth floor, and I am near the elevator. That's what I'll tell people. If you want to go have an adventure, come find me there.
Speaker 1: It is you're near the elevator.
Speaker 3: Yep. Do you like always being near the elevator?
Speaker 2: Absolutely not, Rodney, It is not my preferred. But I will say, like a little a little bit of traveler news here, I'm willing to make just about any sacrifice when it comes to a room, provided I can get into the room when I arrive at the hotel.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, yes, like.
Speaker 2: It does not matter. I do not care. Like I would stay in a closet if it meant that I didn't have to wait.
Speaker 4: Good nothing worse than getting off a red eye or getting in early to a place and you got to wait, Oh the room's not ready till four o'clock or no, thank you, I have to wait. No, no, no, no.
Speaker 3: No thank you.
Speaker 2: Not for insurance.
Speaker 4: Traveler like myself, I have often spent the money to book the room the night before if I'm taking a red eye, just to avoid having to wait.
Speaker 2: Dan Wakey, I mean I think that's I think that's a humble brand about me. That actually is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, have you ever done that, Dan, I.
Speaker 2: Have absolutely not. I have booked a room. I've done versions of it. I've done versions of it like I have booked a I've had how my bosses are listening, I've had concurrent hotel rooms at two different properties so I could get closer to the airport for an early morning flight.
Speaker 3: I like that.
Speaker 1: So that that's your feet of success. You don't need to stay in the middle of town. You just want to be close to the airport to get out of there.
Speaker 2: Depending yeah, I mean, just depending on the depending on the situation, you know what I mean. Like when you're in you know, a great city like Washington, d C. When you're in New York City, I'm me around the Action Front.
Speaker 1: Sure, I think Washington's a great city.
Speaker 2: It's awesome, gorgeous day to day to I had a nice walk, went to the Air and Space Museum, only to find out that space is completely under construction, just air, just half of air. But it was still fun. It was a nice day and.
Speaker 3: The weather's not too too cold, Dan, right now, gorgeous.
Speaker 2: It was gorgeous, like fifty degrees Sonny.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, all right, well one gorgeous last night in Philadelphia. No we do we say it's back to backs and that's what got them, or do we say the Sixers didn't even play anybody and they just got beat.
Speaker 2: I mean, I think it's all true, you know. I think you know, also you're right, like, I mean, we'll get to Anthony Davis. You know, you lose Anthony Davis early. You know, I think there was some bizarre substitution patterns we can say early in the game that may a factor.
Speaker 1: And why don't you address that right now.
Speaker 3: To start with it?
Speaker 2: I think it was I think, I mean obviously, like I have the power. I think it was a mistake to play Bronnie James last night, particularly when they played him. And I don't think it's as crazy, like I don't want to, like, you know, be like a pundit about this, like really like I don't think it's like a totally unforgivable thing. I actually think the logic of it isn't like outrageously off base, right like, so this is what you do, Like you have young players, and when they play well in the G League, and BRIANDIY James played much better in the G League, right like, should an opportunity to present them present itself for them. You look to find those opportunities, right to because it's important for players development not just to log minis an experience, but also to succeed and fail at the highest level. Right. I thought it was a really really difficult situation last night on a couple fronts for Brownie. I mean one like, he hasn't really been around the team a lot lately. Uh, he's been in the G League more, wasn't with the team on the start of the trip. The team didn't practice on the second end of it back to back, so there wasn't like a shoot around to go through to like go over stuff like. It was like kind of on the fly, right and for a player, I thought, within seconds of him being in the game, it looked like everything was happening too fast around him, right, Like, it just looked overwhelming. I understood sort of kind of where the roster was at with you know, Shake Milton has not played well for the last few weeks. Uh, he's not been a viable option as sort of an extra guard and give Vincent is out, so the need for having you know, a physical point of attack defender against Tyrese Maxie. Uh, you know he's sort of next one up on that front. That being said, I would have played camera Camrad just has a ton of experience. He can help you handle the ball a little bit. It's not perfect situation, That's where I would have gone. But I don't think it was like totally outrageous. I do think when Bronnie James came into the game, it was clear that he was out of sync. I think pretty quickly the Lakers became out of sync. And I'm not blaming Bronnie James for the game, right like they would have lost the way they played, you know, for massive chunks of it. But I but I do think that you know, Tyre's Maxie gets hot and we're sort off to the races.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think it was a perfect storm against him. To be honest with you, as you said, you know, look, you know everybody's looking to tear him down. First of all, he's not traveling with the team. He flies in, doesn't practice, just throw, and then gets thrust into.
Speaker 3: The game.
Speaker 4: On a back to back where the Lakers were not at their best. They couldn't wait to get out of that building.
Speaker 2: It found You're right, right, Yeah, you can see that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you could see the bottom language.
Speaker 4: Everything was like this one is a wash lost Anthony Davis, so you know it is a wash.
Speaker 3: And then you throw him in there.
Speaker 4: And again, like you said, it's not like he is a five year vet that can just kind of pick up where he might have left off after being out for a minute. He's still learning how to play at that level. And yeah, throw him into that situation. Not make an excuse for him, because when you put on a uniform, you gotta go out and you got to perform. But it was not an easy situation for him. And they attacked him and you said, Max, he got hot, and it just made everything look you know, it magnified everything that anyone ever wanted to say against Bonnie James. It made it ten times worse because he did look ugly.
Speaker 3: It didn't it did.
Speaker 4: It did look, like you said, like the game was moving too fast for him and it could happen.
Speaker 2: He hadn't played yeah, I mean, he hadn't played real NBA basketball in a month, yeah, in multiple months really actually, like basically since you know, Opening Night, it was like sort of the last time he played, right, and you know, I think like that's obviously it's like it's gonna if you're gonna use him, it's gonna happen. But I mean, I think he was the second the second player in the game because they wanted to keep connect with his sort of rotational minutes that he's playing.
Speaker 3: It was.
Speaker 2: It was just a really hard spot and in some ways, you know, having the sixers be as diminished as they were, you know, maybe it's like they'reright at the seconds back back. But look, I think like holistically, if he's not on the team, he's on the team, and you need to be available. And like the hope is and hope should be that this prepares him for whatever happens next. And kind of like how he's been in the G League, by the way, where like he has gotten better, He's absolutely gotten better as he's gotten more comfortable. You know, you get more comfortable than this, and you get more accustomed to the speed in the physicality, and you know, down the line, maybe he's someone that can that can help.
Speaker 1: Okay, aside from Brownie, the club turned the ball over twenty two times and that is the recipe for disaster.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was an unserious performance. That'd be the word I would do. Uh, brain fog what video Redick called it the other night in Charlotte. I do think, like I talked to one player who you know, Will Nameless, who told me he bleeping hates the East Coast that it's just sort of like, uh, you know, it's hard to It's just a hard it's a hard trip on the body, and like being it and living it these awesome like excuses, you gotta do it, you got to get right. But yeah, it's weird. It's weird, right, Like I mean, I'm talking to you right now and I'm staring at the clock and says it's like four fifteen, like I'm thinking of dinner, you know, while like my homemase is you know, like just wrapping lunch. Like it's strange. It's just strange. And I think like that that a part of it, and it kind of like that allows you to be a little more mentally fatigued and you make worse decisions. I just thought everything was like wasn't quite firing, you know, as quickly as it should be. Like look, I think to a certain degree, like you know, in some ways, it was kind of predictable despite the roster stuff. I mean, the Lakers haven't won a game in Philadelphia since like twenty seventeen. I think it's been a very long time, and they usually get blown out there. Lebron has never won in Philadelphia as a Laker. Just kind of a weird It's just all it's a place where weird stuff tends to happen to this team. You know, I expected better, a better performance, especially with how they've been playing as of late, and you know, it's it's just like kind of like another day in this Lakers season where you know you are, you know, when you go to the like they say, it's like a roller coaster, right, and I would agree, except like you know, you kind of in roller coasters, you gradually get to the top and you do quickly descend, but it's not like a flat like they just don't you don't just drop you on your butt. And that's like what this feels like, because like you get to the top and then you go right back to now you start to climb again, you go right back to the bottom. Like that's the way this season has sort of been for the Lakers, and you know, it feels like another bottom is sort of incoming, you know, like I'm looking at the injury of poor guys. That just got as we've been talking, and Dorian Finney Smith is questionable with the shoulder bruise. Lebron James is questionable with injury. The injury manager's foot gave Vincent upgraded to questionable with his knee issues. Obviously know Anthony Davis, it's yeah, I mean they're bened up now.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And so it's bounding on Anthony Davis, what can you tell us? How long do you think he's going to be out? I know he's out to night, but what do you think he's going to be out?
Speaker 2: I think that I think that people just in a general sense should be encouraged because like the initial sort of the initial sort of timeline given is like he'll be reevaluated in a week, right, so we know he's going to miss a week, which you know, we know then because of that, we know he's not going to play before the NBA trade deadline, right Like so, but like in talking to my sources, I'm having some story that's about to to get posted Early Times dot com. But you know I can share it with you guys. We're close friends. You know that it's it's certainly not presenting as an injury serious enough where like the Lakers are gonna have to like significantly alter their approach at the trade deadline, right Like, it's not like, oh my god, we don't have anything of us, like we need to we need to we configure a front our front off our front court. Sorry, you know, it's it's not being viewed as that kind of a thing. So I'm serious enough for him to miss games now, guys, But like, I don't think it'll be a big issue.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 1: So Dan Patrick had Adam Silver on this morning, and Adam Silver was talking about considering I'll shorten you the quarters to ten minutes for TV. What do you think of that?
Speaker 2: As someone who has not paid hourly? That sounds terrific. Now, it's interesting, I think, right, Like, I do think that you know, we've seen certain elements of time sort of tricked up in other sports, right Like, I mean, you know, certainly baseball games have been shorten now with like the pitch clock and the extra inning rules and stuff like that, and like that does have some like statistical bearing. I don't like totally love the fact that like what this would do for records right in the end, but I will say, like I think that's a bad reason not to make changes, you know. I mean, like the league already has done this and multiple times, Like they've added a shot clock at one point, they've added a three point shot. They've seen the three point shot like completely revolutionized basketball. I mean, the records are are very different, right, Like had there been a three point shot, would Kream have been working the skyhook or even doing catch and shoot threes in front of the bench, right like who knows? And who knows? Then if he would have been the all time leaving score. I didn't hear like a lot of complaining about Lebron breaking that record because he shot a lot of pres you know what I mean. So I think you could. You could do it. Sure, I really actually don't see a great argument against it, and if it meant, you know, a little bit of a recalibration about things like scoring and stuff like that. But but I mean to Adam Silver's point, I mean, the Olympic games were awesome, Like like the timing of them was great, the flow was great. Also, A nice little thing about doing this, your better players would play more minutes, would be on the court for more of the game. They wouldn't maybe necessari playeral minutes, but they would spend less time in the game on the bench conceivably, you know, so you the product that would hopefully go up. And I do think that's important. So yeah, I like it medical idea, And like I said, I don't think you're paid hourly. That sounds awesome.
Speaker 4: There you go, speed up the game, and I agree with you. You know, your stars would probably play you see them on the court. More, Dan, how big is this game against the Wizard given the fact that the Lakers kind of been on a roll, they have been playing well, they you know, kind of feel like they've got into a rhythm and then you know, they lose the game to Philly in an ugly fashion to get them back and bounce back. I mean, isn't it a perfect team to have on the schedule right now to help them get Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I mean and look, the Wizards are playing at night here to in Washington too, right, so it'll be a second night of the expect for Washington. You know, I think it's important, but not maybe for the reasons that you mentioned money. I mean, like, I think these are important games because you know, tougher days are coming. You know in terms of like for instance, like obviously this is not a big deal in the grand theme of things, but you know, as a result of the fires in the game against San Antonio that was canceled, you know, the Lakers had to have their schedule rearranged a little bit. And like, you know, we talked to JJ Redick about it last night and he said it was like, you know, this was it was gonna be our hardest sort of schedule here in March, and like now it's harder, right, Like they're going to play six games and a nights in March, which is a not ideal situation, like a pretty rough situation actually for NBA team. So yeah, like you get these ones now so you don't have to steal ones later. I think it sort of should be the approach. And then look, I mean even even I think, you know, in a more micro sense, like you know, you win this game, you've you've assured yourself a winning road trip. The vibes, like even if you don't play well certain against the next like the vibes should still be pretty good on your way back to LA to face the Clippers. And you know, I think the front office to see if if there's a way to make the team better here at the deadline.
Speaker 1: Well, the question becomes how much better a you're gonna make it? And what are you going to give up? All right, Dan, thank you appreciate it. Enjoy Washington, d C.
Speaker 2: Thanks you, I appreciate it.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 1: There was our buddy, Dan Woiki of the La Times as the Lakers are now settling it in Washington.
Speaker 3: Rodney. Yeah, yeah, fifty degrees in DC right now.
Speaker 1: And you got good restaurants in Washington.
Speaker 3: It's a good They got great everything in Washington. It's a great city. It really is. Yeah.
Speaker 1: If you've not had a chance to get to Washington, d C. You should at least try to get there and experience little history of our nation's capital and also a pretty damn good city. How many roster spots do the Dodgers have? Try to figure that out.
Speaker 4: Come on, let's keep it moving. Two hours show today Rodney Pete Fred Rogan on a hump date Wednesday, January twenty ninth, lying by.
Speaker 1: So Kirby Yates is in the fold. He signed a one year deal with the Dodgers thirteen million bucks, so they pretty much maxed out. They've pretty much filled everything up. Boy, do they have a bullpen?
Speaker 3: Do they max out? He said they maxed out?
Speaker 1: Yeah, well they've maxed out with a number of players on the forty man roster.
Speaker 3: Okay, got you maxed out?
Speaker 1: Oh no, they can never max out money wise, but they've got the best bullpen in baseball. Right now done, Let's not even have a conversation or a debate. While other teams are saying, thank god we signed Class as our closer, or Devin Williams acquired by the Yankees. Good, he can close games, the Dodgers have like five people that can close. Now think about that for a minute. Most teams are trying to get a closer, someone that comes in in the ninth inning and you believe can shut the opponent down. It's a valuable weapon to have. Well, the Dodgers have like five of them. They have so many they can't all close, so they are put into situations where they match.
Speaker 3: Up the best.
Speaker 1: Well, other clubs need one person back in the Kenley Jansen day, Just give me that guy that can shut it down.
Speaker 3: Give me that guy.
Speaker 1: Would give me that guy. The Dodgers have those guys. As a matter of fact, almost anybody in their bullpen can close. So if you want to go into spring training and try to debate, well, who's got the best bullpen in baseball? The Dodgers, if everybody stays healthy, they are the best bullpen in baseball. And here's why. Come on, give me the bullpen for Saint Louis. Anybody let me know that bullpen isn't Cincinnati. I'm listening the Royals. Who's there, long guy there? The Dodger. The Dodgers have bonified closers in their bullpen. They've invested in it, by the way, trying in Scott Yates, there's three Vessia, there's four grato of healthy. I can't I can't even remember all. I can't remember all of them. Now, Evan Phillips, there's five. Those guys can close. Trying Did I mentioned him six? Yeah, every one of those guys can close. So other teams look for one guy. They have every guy. Every guy, when you put them in the game, is like a closer. That's a pretty good bullpen. Well, the Yankees are pretty good good. Who's in their bullpen? Who are they? San Diego had ten or Scott Well, they did, they don't anymore. Now we with the Dodgers, who's in their bullpen. Nobody knows who's in their bullpens. Let's just be honest. You don't know, but you know these guys because they can all close. It's mind boggling, so much so that right now the Dodgers are maxed out on the forty man roster and they have seven veteran relievers with no minor league options. So what does that mean. Nobody's going down unless they go onto the injured list. Pretty simple. If you're healthy, you're up. If you're down, in no case, he keep throwing. We'll get to you when we can. Wow, but we got no place. We have nowhere to put you. They have seven veteran, top notch relievers with no minor league options. So who you see is who you get now unless somebody gets hurt. I can't remember when that's ever happened before. Nobody has an they're here and you say loaded with capital L fred le mean, think about that for a minute. They have so many guys, you say, can't send him down. The only way somebody's not on the rosters if they get hurt. Otherwise there's your bullpen, which tells me Andrew Friedman will not have to go shopping at the trade deadline, and that is what he was trying to avoid. That was the goal, right, yep. I don't want to go shopping in July. I want to do it all. I want to go to market. I'm buying bulk. He went to Costco. Fred He didn't go to Whole Foods. You know what he did. He bought that palet of pickles.
Speaker 3: There he did. He just loaded up.
Speaker 1: We are set to go now. And it's funny because at the beginning of the year every baseball season, Dodger fans or baseball fans in general, when you look at your roster going into spring training, who says, I'll tell you one thing. A bullpen set. You figure the bullpen out as you go along. That's how that usually works. These guys are going to be down there and let's see, well, you know, kind of move this a little bit and try that, and let's see who gets hot and who's not their set. They are as set as their everyday lineup is right now. That's how ready they are.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: Sure they spent a ton of money, no question about it, and they have a lot of money.
Speaker 3: We know that.
Speaker 1: We mentioned it earlier. Hell Steinbrunner, Yankee owner, he basically cried poor when asked about the Yankees competing with the Dodgers financially. You know, it's difficult for most of us owners to be able to do the kinds of things they're doing. We'll see if it pays off. That was the most honest thing he said, We'll see if it pays off, because you don't know if it's going to pay off. You don't know what happens last year with that lack of pitching. They got hot in one, but years where they were so loaded and won over one hundred games, they lost because they weren't hot at the right time. So what you're hoping is you've got a group of guys now, all of them together, that if somebody's not hot, four.
Speaker 3: Other guys will be.
Speaker 1: That's kind of thing, right, And if those four guys go cold, then the other five will be fine.
Speaker 4: I mean, think about it. As great as Otani was during the regular season, and you know, he had a good opening series, but he wasn't the guy against the Mets or the Yankees in the World Series. Obviously, Freddie went crazy and got hot, Mookie got hot, other guys Taioscar were hot, and like you mentioned, you know those other years when or the year before that, when Mookie and Freddi weren't hitting, it was all over for the Dodgers. Nobody else got It was like they got cold and took everybody with him, you know. But last year it didn't matter because the seventh, eighth, and ninth hinter he throw Tommy edmand in there. You know, it doesn't matter if Otani's hitting home runs or not getting on base, because there are four or five other guys that are gonna be hot.
Speaker 1: All nine ain't gonna be cold in a particular series. Where's the out in the Dodger lineup? Where's the out? Net? Coludius told us that's what you look at if you're the opposing pitcher. Okay, where's the out? Where's my best chance? So where's the out? Do we think Will Smith will have the kind of year he had last year? No, he was hurt. Didn't tell anybody He's not gonna have that year again. Do we think Freddie will struggle in a regular season? But he did not have a good Freddy year during the regular season. There are other things going on, and I think what he did in the World Series gives him an enormous spoost. No, I think you'll have a Freddie Freeman year. Well can get a struggle. I don't think so. Kim the second baseman they signed from Korea, they say he's a little light in the bat, but he can run, so they'll work with him. Confordo, who's going to play the outfield, Well, they wouldn't have signed him they thought he wasn't going to hit. I can tell you he's always been a pretty good hitter. Tommy Edmund didn't tear the cover off during the regular season, but certainly showed what he can do in the playoffs. And he's not an easy out to Oscar. Well, they just sign him for three years. I don't think he's going to be the out. So who's the out month?
Speaker 3: See?
Speaker 1: Well, the thing about Max is he's hot or he's not. Okay, Well we know that, so where's he out? Kim the second baseman, nine guys, that's the one. Wherever that guy hits, you should be okay. And in the flip that okay, there's no outs on the offensive side. But okay, now when we're in the rotation, okay, God Lee we got a four game series against the Dodgers.
Speaker 3: We're gonna get that win. We're gonna get that win. Oh, y'amamotos on the hill today? Oh wait, now we.
Speaker 4: Got glass now glass now's oh oh, we'll get it. We'll get him on a We'll get him on Saturday. Oh, Blake Snell's throwing. Oh no, oh no, what are we gonna do. Blake Snell's throwing on Saturday. We'll get him Sunday. That's s Sazaki.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what's he gonna do?
Speaker 1: All right, let's say it's a five game series. It's not, but let's say it was. Well, ship, it's June. We'll get him in June. Here, it's a five game series. Yeah, we'll get Otani. That's our guy.
Speaker 3: We're hit. Yeah, we're gonna get after Otani. Boy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're gonna make him pay. Where's the out? Where's the win? Where they have to do it on the field. They have to do it on the field. And hal Steinbuner said, we can't afford it. We can't afford to do that. We can't be the Dodgers. Oh yeah, the Dodgers will put their money where their mouth is. The Dodgers have gone out and told the marketplace we're in it to win it, and we want you to be with us. Thank you for your support. But we're more obsessed with winning than you are. It's it's sort of like everybody runs their team as a business, but the Dodgers operate their team. Is winning is our business? Does that make sense?
Speaker 4: Yes, it makes sense to us out here. Winning is our business. But in Pittsburgh, not in Cincinnati, not in Chicago. Hey, we're just trying to break even, Ricketts, the owner of the Cubs. We're trying to break even. Show you how invested we are. We just want to break even. We don't even want to make any money. We'll break even. Okay, Well, that obviously doesn't work the Dodgers. So Ricketts is running a business. Hell Stein runners running a business. Ar they Moreno's running a business. Everybody's running a business, and their business is to not lose money, where the Dodger's.
Speaker 1: Business is to win. When they show up every day, their meetings are about winning. Well, everybody else is trying to figure out how not to lose money. Really, doesn't that tell you all you need to know? Who else Isn't they are honest to God, they're in the winning business. I think the Rams are in the winning business. I think the Clippers would like to be in the winning business. I know Steve Balmer thinks that way, mm hmm. But who operates that way? Does Jerry Jones? Is he in the winning business? Or is he in the branding business? He's in the branding business. Let's keep the evaluation of the franchise rising.
Speaker 3: Really? Who else is to be in the winning business? Though?
Speaker 1: Yeah, but he's not anymore?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Who's in in professional sports? And we don't have time today, so we'll do it tomorrow. Who's in the winning business? Where every day you show up and your meetings are about winning and how to win? Who in professional sports is like that every single day? Because I got to tell you the way business works as you have meetings, where are we financially? What do we need to do here? Okay, how are we doing with the margin over there? It's like the margins don't even exist For the Dodgers, what margin? What are you talking about? They just show up and have meetings on how to win? And I don't know any other business that operates that way? Rodney maybe Apple? How are we going to create and sell their businesses.
Speaker 4: They operate that day. But in sports wise, there's there's not a whole lot. Can't see the Chiefs.
Speaker 1: Do they show up and.
Speaker 4: Figure out how to win with Kansas City? Yeah, he will consistently try to win. You know, I don't know if the Rams do.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I go back to that letter. We're not you know, don't don't expect much out of us this year.
Speaker 1: He was just fooling. He was just funning.
Speaker 4: Yeah, would that come out of Andrew? That come out of what would that come out of Andrew Friedman's mouth? Oh god, no, exactly, exactly. No, he'd leave town before he'd say that. Mm O care, we're back to wrap this up. Yeah, let's get back to it down the stretch.
Speaker 3: Rodney p.
Speaker 1: Fred Brogan, come on, Freddy, you know we talked about it earlier just before we go on again. Your thoughts do you think there are too many golf tournaments? Do you think that's a problem. Do you think that's part of the reason why the sport is seemingly struggling with popularity?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Probably probably.
Speaker 4: You know, obviously you got the Big Four that that everybody looks forward to with the Masters, and p g A and with the other two the Players Championship and in the US Open. Yeah you got those, So those are those are main stays. But yeah, I think throughout the year because you're seeing not everybody's playing in them all. And I I get it. You know, these tournaments in certain cities that that that actually make money, you know, and and do well. The problem is which ones do you cut out? You know, which ones are you gonna cut out because players are cherry picking obviously cherry picking uh tournaments now and you know, these tournaments have to are having to pay more and more for these guys to show up and play. You know, their mainstays that guys are going to show up and play anyway, But there's other ones that you know throughout the year that you know probably gets it's tough to get attendance and if the top players are not playing, then nobody's really going to watch, you know. I think the LA Open is has been a mainstay and people want to come and play in the La Open. It's usually at Riviera, so it's pretty cool. But some of the ones, other ones around the country is just you know, it's just a whole hum on a February weekend that they're playing.
Speaker 1: In Muddlesburg, South Carolina. That who really cares?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 1: I just think there's the more, the more of anything. And I talk about this all the time, the less sense of urgency. Yeah, I mean, the leagues don't want to hear this because it's bad because they make their money from TV and TV needs so many of events and that's why they pay the way they do. There's too many games in everything. There's just too many. Too many in baseball, too many in basketball, too many in hockey, too many golf tournaments, too many tennis tournaments. The problem is when that's the case, they only get special at certain times and it doesn't create a sense of urgency. And ultimately, despite the fact you need that number of events to be paid for television and the rights fees, I think it's it actually is destructive to the product. But we'll talk more about it tomorrow. All right, Ronnie, thank you, Kevin really appreciate it. And Rodney, let's do it again tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Let's do it