Speaker 1: You're gonna keep less and less of your take home. You're gonna send a bunch of money to the government, and then they're gonna send three hundred or excuse me, three million dollars to the National Institute of Health so that they can study hamster's fighting on steroids. So you know, that's it's your feel good you know, kickoff to the day to day. And and the even bigger tragedy about the Hamster Fight Club which they published, so one that's ross. You know, the first rule of Hamster fight Club. By the way, you're not even a hamster. And I'll bet you know first the first rule of Hamster fight Club you don't talk about it, you don't publish it, and they did. So you know, that's your feel good thing. And it just gets sadder from there. If I could just a moment too, let's get a little button bar because I need some sad music. Why is this so it's I've had authentications this morning, I've had this other style. Oh it's just it's Friday though, right, it's Friday. So I'm not a computer. I mean we use computer. We used like nine computers throughout the course of the day, like editing computer. I got computer for the button bar. The callscreener is its own computer, A lot of computers, and like this morning, it's just been really squirrely on authentication. And then it told me that you need to update this thing or you're gonna die. So I don't know how that's gonna go, but I do know that unfortunately, I'm about to ruin your day. Guys. Scals everybody, the entire staff, all of them up at the DEI Office Office for Diversity, Equity and Inclusion. Oh it's almost my name. It's very embarrassing. Say they will quit if Pete Hegseth is confirmed as the Secretary of Defense. I don't think quits the word there, right, I don't think it ross. Do you think the DEI office is gonna be quitting from I feel like you know what this is. This is my stake. I ate last night threatening to kill itself if I didn't leave it alone. Okay, that's what that is. So uh anyway, that's uh, that's how we'll start a little up, little down. Okay, now it's forcing me to do it. Let me do this because I'm out of sorts. I get this thing to actually do it. I'm gonna I'm gonna let it do its thing. I'm gonna hit our break early and then we're gonna come back. We're gonna get right into it. Okay, all right, stick around cac O Day Radio program. It's not your computer, but it's your company computer, your company network, and it's like, God, it needs this update or your computer is gonna explode, and you try to do it and it's like your administrative privileges don't allow that. I'm like, well, what do you want me to do? And it's like, at some point we'll just randomly do it for you. And you do a morning show. We see that, So let's do it at six ' ten, shall we? And that's what they did. So but uh, now we're actually it's running a lot smoother now. So one of those days, man, all right, we got uh, we got a few things to get to.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: Pete calender, he'll join us. That's gonna be coming up at eight o five, and we got some stuff to talk about. I guess would uh would be the way to go ahead and describe that, but I wanna I want to hyper focus on what we're dealing with here, or I should say what some of us are dealing with here the story there's there's two big scandals today, except it's all about your perspective, which is uh, which is sad. And one impacts us here in North Carolina obviously significantly. And that's what's going on in western North Carolina. And that's what we're finding out with the uh female whistleblower. And when she described it more yesterday during an interview with Fox, it made a lot more sense to me and sounded a lot more believable. Okay, and I'll explain. I'm gonna I'm gonna play what she told Fox, and I'll tell you why. I think that this clarification makes this a more likely scenario, but also not as how do I say this uh doctor evilish on the front, but in how it was utilized. Okay, all right, So let's go ahead and get to the FEMA whistleblower. And I warn you, if you're listening, especially if you have to be listening in western North Carolina via the iHeartRadio app or maybe you're visiting where we got signal range, you're gonna get compared to mongrels. Oh no, I'm not making that up.
Speaker 3: Here, we go, someone feels uncomfortable. We can't go to that home. If you have a loose dog and someone on the team is comfortable with dogs and another person is not, we can't go to that home because of safety precautions.
Speaker 4: So you feared the Trump houses. The people on FEMA were fearing the Trump houses like they were faring people with vicious dogs in their backyard, exactly.
Speaker 3: And that's based on the that's based on the trends.
Speaker 1: It's based on the trends. All right, So listen to what she's telling you about the process and put yourself in the shoes of a mailman, of an Amazon delivery person, FedEx ups. I don't want to leave anybody out because I know we got a lot of the drivers listening. But I also want to tap you. Okay, So if you deliver stuff to homes, if you do uber eats, okay, here's what Here's what I want to know, because it makes here's what makes sense. It makes sense that you have protocol where somebody goes over you know, they go over to somebody's house. And and by the way, this baffles me because I've seen this. I've talked about in Minnesota, where I had a neighbor that just had hell hounds and then his dogs like damn near killed somebody. That was the whole thing were people. I understand the need for guard dogs, But if you've got a delivery coming, what are you doing?
Speaker 5: Man?
Speaker 1: What are you doing? And but if you're the delivery person and you look in there and you got a couple pit not the good pit bulls, Okay, not your pit bull don't call the show. Not the Gandhi of pit bulls. Not the one that volunteered for thirty days, sixteen hours a day in western North Carolina doing flood relief. Okay, not those pit bulls. You know, the ones that eat the babies. Those ones. So if you got those in your yard, I understand one the hesitancy of somebody having to go in that yard. Two, I understand that it is an administrative thing. You have to have a process for that. So I'm curious what the process is for those of you who do go door to door. And I'm sure I'm leaving out other categories, but you know what I'm asking. The difference here is it wasn't a remember it's one of the bad ones. It wasn't a foaming at the mouth pitbull. Screaming at you, going I dare you. I'm friggin dare you, mother. You know that's not what you're dealing with. You're dealing with a sign and so that's not a reasonable comparison. However, the way that she states it is it was from a management perspective and from a practical application, standard operating procedure perspective. That was the way in they were seen as the same. Now, look, I get it. If some guy rolls out in a maga hat holding a gun and he's like, get off my property, leave, report, report it to your administrators. And frankly, if you were either if you were not technically doing any thing, I don't care if you call the police. You can't threaten people if they're not literally on your property or if you've given them, you know, order to leave, or it's not posted. You know, you gotta be on the right side of the law. There, I get that. But what they're saying is in the same way that a pack of pibbles, right, that's what you guys call them. Now, so I don't say pippules, okay, So remember these are the bad pibbles, These are the ones with the MS thirteen tattoos, the you know, the tear drops going on under the eye, those pibbles, not yours. Yours is cuddly, loves kids, but not in that way like the other ones do for brunch. That's insane. That's insane that if you have a Trump thing, if you have a Trump side and and or doggie death fight club, you know, Michael vix Old House, that you would act that way. And the other thing is you delivering the new iPad is less important in the life of that person, no offense. What you do is important. But the person who needs an iPad versus the person who needs everything because everything is destroyed and it's a human and you can reason with me. You could kind of reason with a dog, but you never know. So that's crazy that you would make that and she's and the way that I'm gonna play it again after I just went on that long diatribe, and I want you to understand my thought process because I think I'm right. Does that make sense what I just said? And for those of you who delivered door to door, what is your policy? And does your policy, by the way, include vicious dogs and Trump signs or let's just say political signs let's take it out of the realm of Trump. And the reason I want to take it out of the realm is I have listened for the last twelve years to Roy Cooper and Josh Stein run campaigns that leaned heavily into their North Carolina roots. Obviously, with Roy Cooper, he will tell you all about how he grew up further east of Raleigh there and you know where they were to put that pipeline thing he wanted to slush fund. And Josh Stein, his father is a civil rights attorney. Kind of a big deal. It allows things like I don't know his mom to stroke a check for a half million for his gubernatorial campaign. Look it up, that's the thing that happened.
Speaker 6: Black Friday is coming And for the adults in your life who love the coolest toys, well.
Speaker 7: There's something for them this year too.
Speaker 6: Batisian is the premiere craft cocktail maker that automatically makes more than sixty seasonal and classic cocktails each and out of thirty seconds at the push of a bus. And right now Batisian is having a huge sight wide sale.
Speaker 7: You can get one hundred dollars off.
Speaker 6: Any cocktail maker cocktail maker bundle when you spend four hundred dollars or more so, if the cocktail lover in your life has been good this year or the right kind of bad, get them Bartesian at the push of a button, make Bark quality Cosmopolitans, Martini's, Manhattans, and more, all in just thirty seconds, all for ae hundred off. Amazing toys. Aren't just for kids. Get a hundred off a cocktail maker. When you spend four hundred through Cyber Monday, visit bartisian dot com slast cocktail. That's b A R T E s I a n dot com slast cocktail.
Speaker 1: But they you know, and they talk about that, and they lean heavily into that by not even acknowledging this, by not even acknowledging that there's something that you're gonna you're going to find out more. You're siding with DC. You've chosen DC, which you won't here after January then it'll be all, you know, raw raw, North Carolina on everything, and then I'll be happy to pick and choose a side. But right now, on this, you're choosing DC over North Carolina. How dare you? You're the two who are the who are in charge, who are have the ability to have the most impact, and while one of you is on the way out, the other one will move over and frankly, a carbon copy will emerge, just with more TikTok time. You've chosen by not even mentioning it and don't give me this. Well, they're looking into it, behind it. No, no, no, no, that's not how these cats do thing. Do you see the Matt Gates thing that's going on right now where ABC News exclusive bat Gates slept with a seventeen year old Well, the Washington Post simply reported on this previously and they said that the reason they didn't move forward with any of this is because they didn't find the witnesses credible, two of the witnesses. And I wonder some of that has to do with the fact that the one, by the way, if it happened in the state of Florida, I don't know that it's actually a crime because I think it's sixteen down there. It's still gross. But more importantly, you have but at the time this emerged, everyone's college in college college age, early twenties. Why is that important? Well, Matt Gates's high profile and he's absolutely polarizing, especially down where he lives where he represents, so you're in a doctrination factory. I wonder, I don't know if that's why people were, like have trouble believing that, which which sucks. By the way, if something did happen that was illegal, but they're not even alleging that. And more comments and and and lip service was paid by these politicians that are ignoring the fact that the leaders of our state won't even acknowledge that their own citizenry was banned in by the Feds. And it's not like Cooper's not saying anything but telling he's not saying anything. He was out yesterday, he was out running his damn mouth about all sorts of stuff. Cooper calls for more Helene aid as NC lawmakers prepare to return to Raleigh. So he's got no problem holding the press conference basically wanting to look like the leader on this thing and demanding that the legislature do what he wants. That is a possess it's a political thing and not and not for a moment in that speech could he go and we're looking into the FEMA thing. I I don't understand the unforced air of all of it. Just acknowledge it, you know, not to say it's true. You have to say that you're looking into it. Ted Budd was on Fox yesterday. The Senator, he said, he's looking into it. Right, That's the bare minimum you could do. And I expect if things start coming up that our senator and both of our senators for that matter, will throw a slender man in here. They better be they better be hopin' mad, and all of our congress people and definitely, definitely the chief executive and arguably the I don't know COO of our state and they won't even acknowledge it. And this is not a partisan thing. I know, I run into gates, but this isn't if FEMA had that policy. However they got there. You can sit there and you can be dishonest. You can go well, they probably did it because they were getting attacked by Trumpers all the time. That probably killed some of them. Show me the evidence if you permit that your employees to do that, and then you put a directive encouraging them to do it, all right, six thirty five Kcoday Radio program. Let's see here, all right, So I'm getting a bunch of spy reports on they don't know. They have not released the steroided Hamster fight Club video. That's the real trad You pay three million dollars for that. You don't even get to watch it. There's a little tiny boxing gloves and then how does it work? Do you get like you? Is there weight classes? Do they have a little hamster weigh in? Is there a don King hamster? Dude, tell me there's a don King Hamster. That'd be amazing. You don't got the fight ross. Do you have any interest in watching the fight tonight? I know you're not, but considering who's fighting, it's Tyson, the Tyson thing is tonight?
Speaker 5: Yeah Tyson? I mean, I mean I want Mike Tyson to win and knock him out in like the first round. But then he's fifty eight. But does that matter because he's Mike Tyson.
Speaker 1: So I mean, did you see the video of Tyson uh sparring uh from this week? It was all over the PA. I did, Yeah, he looks like he's twenty eight.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Well, look from Tyson to Tyson. Sure, but here's the problem in you and I both know this that ain't a real fight. Can we agree on no?
Speaker 5: No, it isn't a real fight. The thing with the gloves, like there's certain gloves after where it pisses me off. It's like what they did with the Connor McGregor and who's the guy the the Floyd Mayweather, Rightloyd maywhere it was like, oh, it's it's this big fight, but you know Connor can't kick or put him in holds and it's just boxing and they wear these stupid gloves and it's it's really just like an exhibition.
Speaker 1: But well, and the other problem is is Floyd Mayweather is not the right fighter to cross over because Floyd Mayweather is a tactical avoidan sky.
Speaker 5: He's not a punch now. He's a defensive boxer.
Speaker 1: Yees yeah, yeah, yeah, which is fine. I know want you to think I'm knocking on him because those are the rules. He figured out the rules and he just dominated people. He's also might be illiterate. I'm sorry, my flat thing. Do you remember when fifty cent came out? Yes, yes, and he was it was like, you know, fifty cent in his back porch whatever, and he's like he's like, I'll bet you like a million dollars that just read me. One paragraph from Harry Potter. I did laugh. I didn't laugh in front of Lloyd Mayweather for obvious reasons.
Speaker 5: Right, because then you also have that picture of the meme of Floyd Mayweather's sitting there with all the money on the table in front of him, which so he knows what he's doing.
Speaker 1: Boxers make so much stupid mind. I mean, it's fine if people are willing to pay it. I don't care. But it's like, the amount of money you can make for one fight when you're at that level is astronomical. It's how you end up with a giant mansion in Vegas with a tiger Man.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean, listen, Mike Tyson is my favorite boxer ever. We grew up on Mike Tigers grew Like it's hard to explain to younger people what Mike Tyson was in the eighties.
Speaker 1: It's just hard.
Speaker 5: You would pay for a pay per view, You'd get up to go get popcorn and the fight would be over. You know, Yeah, you didn't dare move, No, you couldn't miss it. I mean, he was just phenomenal. I think Mike Tyson at his peak was probably the best heavyweight ever in my opinion. Like, it's a cultural thing. You have the video game, right, Mike Tyson's punch out. I love Mike Tyson, but the fact is he's fifty eight. This old man strength exists, yes it does, but still his fifth So we'll see what happens. But if it was a real fight, who knows. But these stupid goofy gloves. I mean, he's not going to be hitting the dude as hard at it as he could, because, you know Mike Tyson, all he needs to get in is one punch and it'll be over.
Speaker 1: But I really have seen some videos Lily had.
Speaker 5: That chance with these big clown gloves. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I saw a stat one time. I wish I knew exactly what it was, but basically somebody picked Tyson's ten biggest wins or biggest fights or wins. I can't remember what it was, and then they added up all the seconds Tyson worked. I mean, this obviously doesn't count training and all that, and the amount of money he earned. It was. I think the argument was that Tyson they were trying to get him in the Guinness Book for the most money earned per second by a pro athlete because he had so many fights where he just went in there. He said, hey, how you Dan? He's dead, right, and so now you got this payday on thirteen seconds of work.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean Mike Tyson at his peak with Customatto just working out in the cast skills. That doesn't get any better.
Speaker 1: And it was Tyson, but it was also like the heavyweight division used to be the it was insane like because it wasn't just Tyson, it was the Holy Field, it was Buster Douglas, it was I know, I'm leaving people out here, but like you had people even if you rooted or didn't root for him, you had there was interest in it other than people who are into fighting, which I am a little. I'm more MMA, but I'll watch a good boxing fight a boxing match. The heavyweight doesn't have the gravitass that it used to, doesn't have the character it's got good fighters, don't get me wrong. But maybe Don King's the reason.
Speaker 5: I've always said that that was the downfall of Mike Tyson. I know I'm not the first one. That's not original thought at all, but it's true. Right, that's We've a lot of people have had it. You go from custom Otto and you go from this. You know, he's got his feet on the ground and he's just boxing to don King.
Speaker 1: And then you.
Speaker 5: Combine that with all the money and stuff, and that started unfollowing Tyson.
Speaker 1: Well, probably all right eight eight eight nine three four seven eight seven four. So I did get a fuse by report er.
Speaker 8: All right.
Speaker 1: I didn't say what this dude does. He says, Uh, our policy or we tell people that if there is a no trespassing sign, beware of dog sign, or or excuse me, I took a drink down the wrong pipe when Ross was ting. He probably heard me earlier. All right, hey, you had a one down the right pipe. Here. We have tea this morning, very exciting, uh iced tea, hot tea. Okay, all right, if we tell people there's a no trespassing sign, beware of dog sign, or if you see dogs loose, don't enter the property, he said, I had an employee attacked by homeowner's dog.
Speaker 6: Black Friday is coming, and for the adults in your life who love the coolest toys, well there's something for them this year too. Bartisian is the premiere craft cocktail maker that automatically makes more than sixty seasonal and.
Speaker 7: Classic cocktails each.
Speaker 6: And out of thirty seconds at the push of a button. And right now Bartisian is having a huge sight wide sale.
Speaker 7: You can get one hundred dollars off.
Speaker 6: Any cocktail maker or cocktail maker bundle when you spend four hundred dollars or more so, if the cocktail lover in your life has been good this year or the right kind of bad, get them Bartisian at the push of a button, make Bark quality Cosmopolitans, Martini's, Manhattan's, and more, all in just thirty seconds, all for ae hundred off. Amazing toys aren't.
Speaker 7: Just for kids.
Speaker 6: Get one hundred off a cocktail maker when you spend four hundred. Through Cyber Monday, visit bartisian dot com slash cocktail. That's ba r t E sia n dot com slash cocktail.
Speaker 1: He was expected but showed up early for the appointment. Yeah, and all of that makes sense. So that's why it's so offensive that in a in a way the female attitude is Trump voters or are are our mongrels. And again here is the audio if you haven't heard at Fox News interview yesterday with the woman the fired FEMA field director slash whistleblower.
Speaker 3: And someone feels uncomfortable. We can't go to that home. If you have loose dogs and someone on the team was comfortable with dogs and another person is not, we can't go to that home because and.
Speaker 1: And and and this is really important. We're talking about delivering an Amazon package versus delivering aid to somebody who may have lost a family member, Okay, and making that point of contact with them.
Speaker 3: It's a safety precautions.
Speaker 4: So you feared the Trump houses. The people on FEMA were faring the Trump houses like they were faring people with with vicious dogs in their backyard exactly.
Speaker 3: And and and that's based on the that's based on the.
Speaker 1: Transit, it's based on the trends. Again at that, I don't understand does she mean? And here's what she means by it. I'll say it for her and if she can correct me if I'm wrong. She doesn't mean that there's a pattern of Trump. You know, people in MAGA hats coming out and you know, beating FEMA workers to death. What she what she sees is people standing there in waste deep water, having just lost everything, showing visible anger. And you know a lot of them look like Trump voters because a lot of them are it's a red area. But that's all FEMA deals with. Let's just be honest here, that's what FEMA deals with the large majority of their interactions. Because FEMA's FEMA's top expenditure every year, almost every year is in Florida, and Florida is a very red state. Right The hurricane areas, which is kind of FEMA's jam, are primarily red states. So this isn't new. So when she says the trends, I get the impression she means the perception where a bunch of government workers sit around and go, ah, like those you're watching it right now. You're watching the meltdown in Washington. You're watching people with nine degrees get on there. The amount of doctors on there, going, oh, Kennedy, you're gonna have Kennedy and there is not even a doctor. And it's like, listen, you partisan hack talking about research stuff. Bring up a specific thing. We'll talk about. Kennedy's not right on everything. But also he's not necessarily just there from a medical perspective. He obviously has hobbies and interest but the person he's replacing is also not a doctor and is also a lawyer. And some would argue also think some stuff that others would find weird. And you, mister, I'm a doctor with nine PhDs, and I you know, I help people know. You're another partisan hack with some letters after your name because you didn't do your research well, simultaneously accusing him of not doing it. Xavier Bisera, Alex Besara, whatever you want to call him. The Director of Health and Human Services under this administration is a lawyer. Kennedy is a lawyer. They're not doctors. Yes, absolutely, the word that has had people to keep playing. Why why don't you use the word profiling? They are profiling, but it's but profiling is I'm sorry, I think I think comparing somebody to a rabid dog is is even worse than profiling. Because prof you can profile and still not not serve people. You can think to yourself, all right, maybe this one doesn't want to hear about I don't know, and then you know, insert something, maybe they, maybe they, maybe I just need to be very straightforward here as the forms or whatever. That's profiling where But again, not all profiling is bad. You profile? I profile every day? Oh yeah, put me on record. You do too? When you meet somebody, do you have an initial thought based on their appearance. It doesn't mean you're right. And I know that though you can't do this. Or when I see somebody on the phone or on the phone ready to go, I'm profiling where I think that conversation's going. And that's why I didn't use the word profiling, because when you treat an interaction with somebody with a yard sign of a politician you don't like the same as a rabbit dog, You're not profiling anymore. You are making a decision about standard operating procedure. So I hear you one eight eight, eight, nine, three four, seven, eight seventy four. For those of you who got a knockdoors and whatever you do or deliver stuff or work outside of people's homes, what is your policy on this? Do you go, oh, look, they got a Harris sign, screw them, because if you do, you're as bad as what they're doing there. The difference is I'll bet Roy Cooper and Josh Stein to be all over your butt. Ri L's front page story is some guy in North Raleigh was got into a verbal altercation with some utility workers. I believe they were Hispanic, and I don't know the totality of it. They didn't charge them with anything. But also you can, you can, you can be a piece of crap from your lawn. That's it's not illegal, So right, and and and so the left is happy to talk about that these people may have denied help to folks who could. I mean, they've lost everything. I don't even know how to put it more succinctly to that or damn near everything. It's repugnant, and arguably it's even more repugnant than our own politicians here in the state who are supposed to be our our representatives. Don't care, don't care if there's anything you've ever harassed Josh Stein and Roy Cooper over. Get them to acknowledge, and they don't. I don't have to say it happened. They have to say that they're aware of it and they're looking into it, which might be a lie and probably is. But the refusal to acknowledge it is paying deference to DC, and I would argue that some of it's probably influenced by the part where it The only way that you can act outraged over every twist and turn of what Donald Trump's doing is that you cannot admit that there might be fault in DC, You're more dangerous because I'm willing to call it out. Do I think Kennedy is the best for that position.
Speaker 9: No, I do not.
Speaker 1: I don't. But it's not necessarily just him. It's the APPS. It's easy to say you're going to get rid of the DEI office there and you don't care. Unfortunately, Health and Human Services has far too men. You can think it has to go, but it has. There's far too many tentacles that touch so many people. And if it's just turmoil, and it kind of probably is going to be, I would have loved Kennedy an advisory role, make him a czar of things. I don't know about this, but I'm also willing to admit if I'm wrong, and I I'm not gonna, you know, demand that they don't do anything. I just that's who. That's not who I would have picked, That's all. And that's how adults do things. We don't refuse to admit that our own citizens may have been screwed over because we don't want to offend our next opportunity in life. Alrighty, let's ahead and get into a couple of phone calls. Reminder, Pete calender joins us at eight five. Dave, what's up? Yes, Hello, yeah, yeah, hello, sir, Go right ahead.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 10: The big thing is, I was an analyst at one time for the Department of Defense, and with Katrina and a few others, I had to work with the fem of people. Sure, and they have a standard that is supposedly famous, supposed to be feet on the ground heavy duty within seventy two hour affected after an ending.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 10: And the other thing is that they were whining that they didn't have money initially, that we were broke, YadA, YadA. And the thing with that is is that like nine to eleven when it happened, the army was broke because it's the end of September and that's the end of their fiscal year. And supposedly they said they were saying they were broke on one October when the new fiscal year begins, and something is obviously off there too.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, this is why. And I'm sorry, sir, mat I'm just having what's the what are you saying you think's going on for I'm not an analyst, so I don't know walk me through.
Speaker 10: What I'm thinking is that they were deliberately dragging their feet if I was really paranoidal, and I think that that's maybe warranted in this case. Is that they were hoping that they could shift North Carolina and uh a good chunk of Georgia to solid blue from red.
Speaker 1: Of misinformation, sir, even though that sounds really logical.
Speaker 10: Actually, so yeah, I know it's really horrible disinformation.
Speaker 9: On my part speculating on you.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Uh, you know what, sir, I agree with you. So there's two of us. They'll throw us and get mo together. All right, did good morning. It is seven o six and uh it's Friday, kc O Day radio program. I'm going to tell you something and then I'm going to tell you it again and again and again and again, and I'll do it every day for the you know, all of next week two and and and then I will prepare myself for the why didn't you say anything? Emails? Have you been fired? Ross? And I ain't gonna be here for Thanksgiving week. I want to reiterate this. We got two more hours today, fifteen hours next week and then out. Okay, Roger, you're going to the moon, right, that's what you guys are doing Thanksgiving. I can't remember what he said, but not the out not the outer part of the moon.
Speaker 5: It's like especially like if you know, if you I'm not going to call anybody out, but if you're like you know, somebody that sends me commercials to do, like hey you need to read this copy like three in the morning and stuff, and if you're one of these people that maybe sends to me that, yeah, I'm good. We're first we're leaving, we're leaving the country. We're going like to uh like samo Samoan Islands and uh yeah, because which one the yeah or Moan is one? We're going that one, and then we're going over to one. Okay, but then we go to the moon. Yeah, we're going to the moon.
Speaker 1: Oh in the moon, So I not on the moon in the moon in the interior base part.
Speaker 5: Correct, And yeah, you can't get an email there.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 1: No, It's it's weird too, because like Elon's got all those satellites popping around. You think one of them could have line of sight to the movie.
Speaker 5: So I just see, it's a shame, it is, really, it's the shame.
Speaker 1: So yeah, we're not gonna hear the whole week of and and for those of you go. You guys have too much feet we have. We have the least amount of vacation time of any of the hosts main hosts, Beck Hannity, Well, I don't to be fair, I don't know what Clay and Buckcalf, but Limbaugh, those dudes all had six weeks. We don't have that. We don't have close to that.
Speaker 6: Okay.
Speaker 1: So it's just you know what it is. It just hurts more when we're gone, and I'm sorry for that. The Ross is going to be on the moon. Nothing we can do about it. Dude, I saw the funniest thing yesterday. Did I put it in the stack, the the cryo thing? Did I put that in the stack? Yeah? I did, didn't I Oh maybe I didn't. Okay, that's fine, That's that's fine. I tweeted this thing out. Somebody made a really funny a I swear I thought they put that in there. Well, it's on Twitter, and I'll just tell you what it is at Casey on the radio. So it's a commercial for like a cryo thing, and they're offering to freeze people who are upset and don't want to live through a Trump presidency and the promise to unfreeze you in four to twelve years because you know you could get the other guy. And there's some plot twists there, so you can look at that. It's on there. Check that out now on the not funny side. We'll get that for you in a moment. But first I promised Janet, we'll drive a call. So let's do that. Janet, good morning to you. How you doing pretty good? All right, let's talk about because you do you still drive truck? You still drive truck?
Speaker 11: Right?
Speaker 10: And I got that up for a little bit.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, all right, so let's talk about the whole western North Carolina Trump voters are the same as foemen at the mouth pitbulls. What has been your experience a deliver I am.
Speaker 12: I'm really glad that you were pointing this out this morning, because I noticed this mindset a few years ago locally, literally in a local business. I was patronizing, okay, And I've noticed recently that we've allowed it to become more institutionalized because my new job has me spending a lot of time at a local college. That I have noticed is as soon as you step on the campus, it's like stepping into DC. They would be so proud to hear me say that. Anyway, I've noticed that there is definitely a mindset on campus that, you know, conservatives are evil, They're racist, they hate gay people, and this is like all conservatives across the board. They're just horrible people and.
Speaker 11: The root of all evil.
Speaker 12: So they reminded me of that box trolls moving.
Speaker 11: I'm trying.
Speaker 1: Do you engage with people? I mean, I mean, obviously it's not part of your job. I understand that, but like, do people ever like hey, bring it up, like like you're their buddy and going to agree with them because that's always awkward.
Speaker 12: Well, no, I'm trying to avoid those things. I try to spend more time listening than talking, gotcha, because I want to know what they're thinking. You know, I know your animey kind of thing.
Speaker 1: Research, good job.
Speaker 12: Yeah, yeah, so come say if you need any empires.
Speaker 1: But let me let me ask you clearly, but clearly, Jan I'm sorry. I just want to walk because there's a point here and I want to make sure that it is as an apostrophe after it. So when you go onto these college campuses, you don't have to tell us what you do, but it's for the campus Okay, when do you go on this campus. It's for the service of the people on the campus, right, it's as your job, so theficiaries of your effort. Do you ever go look at the purple hair and the septim ring on that dude. There's no way I'm doing my job or do you do your job?
Speaker 6: Black Friday is coming And for the adults in your life who love the coolest toys, well there's something for them this year too. Bartisian is the premiere craft cocktail maker that automatically makes more than sixty seasonal and classic cocktails each and out of thirty seconds at the push of a button. And right now, Bartsian is having a huge sight wide sale. You can get one hundred dollars off any cocktail maker or cocktail maker bundle when you spend four hundred dollars or more. So, if the cocktail lover in your life has been good this year or the right kind of bad, get them Bartesian at the push of a button, make Bark quality Cosmopolitans, Martini's, Manhattan's, and more, all in just thirty seconds, all for a hundred off. Amazing toys aren't just for kids. Get a hundred off a cocktail maker. When you spend four hundred through cyber Monday visit Bartsian dot com slash cocktail. That's br tes iaa dot com slash cocktail.
Speaker 12: No, I just look at him and I'm like, no, the less hard and I just say, good morning, how are you.
Speaker 11: Right?
Speaker 1: And you're over at FEMA. You can have I don't care what goes through your head. Right, If you see some guy in a maga hat and you think, oh, my gosh, probably has sex with his cousin, you can think that all you want, but give them the damn forms, right, Okay, come out and evaluate if part of his house is gone and shut up that simple Yeah, and again, I can't stress this enough not to undermine the importance of what you do. But you're not doing it in a crisis. Okay, the person is not in crisis. On the other side of that, these.
Speaker 12: Be right, But I still act like, you know, I still act like they're just like anybody else.
Speaker 10: I don't.
Speaker 12: They're no different than anybody else. That's how I feel. You know, they just have some all.
Speaker 1: Ideas unless they open their mouth to remove all doubt kind of thing. Then even then you got.
Speaker 12: Well, yeah, all right, if I feel like I can outside to gently help.
Speaker 1: Them, Yeah, I look. The upside is eventually people they leave college campuses. There is a growing amount of conservatives on college campuses. If you really look at what Trump, uh, the Trump campaign did with frat boys. As much as people hate that, that thing that happened at you see, was the impetus for an entire strategy within the within the campaign where they said, what are we doing what don't knock doors? Knock one door that's got thirty bros on the other side, and get them registered and you have the over you like. So that was very successful for them. But again right, crisis versus R crisis totally to discourage.
Speaker 12: Now, let me encourage a bit. I've also noticed that, you know, we work with a lot of chool kids and that has come and talking to us about an other beliefs, interviews.
Speaker 10: And this, that and the other.
Speaker 12: And I've noticed that that trend of young young teenage tight males.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 12: Yeah, yeah, right, right, just heading off to college and they are highly conservative, maybe not understand one bit of what the left is.
Speaker 13: Doing right now.
Speaker 1: And it's and it's thanks to the left, in my opinion, because those kids, especially if you're seventeen right now, your entire life, you've been told you're toxic your whole right, this this craft's been going on, right for far more than seventeen years. You've been told a piece of crap. You are a girl baby in China in the seventies. Okay, that's what you're told, right, So yeah, you're gonna you're gonna not want to associate with whatever thought process is going on there. And I think, and it may be momentary, I think some people are figuring that out. I've seen some real whacked out moonbats on Twitter that I see regularly who are like, guys, we got to stop this because they realized that it has been so self injurious. I'll let you have the last word, jet and I got a roll. So or is that it? Yeah? Yeah, yeah, day, okay, all right, trying the blue sapt them just smile, Okay, just smile. So I shouldn't I shouldn't pick on that. And I know a conservative person with a septim ring.
Speaker 5: Going back to your last point, it's crazy. You had to have an election like this right for them to realize that maybe they should start doing that. Yeah, that's the only reason they stopped it because they're like, oh my god, got crushed. Maybe should I don't think they stopped it though, I think they. I think they right now, but I think once you get into the fervor right right, yeah, but openly, like openly now, they're like, oh yeah, well, let's just that never happened.
Speaker 1: I'm ulti blown away. I saw yesterday some persons like, god, well, yeah, you voted for eggs. Nobody believes that, you bunch of racists. And I'm just and that's some dude who's like a a thought leader, and I'm just like, yeah, hold on to that that that strategy works. Great.
Speaker 5: Well, that's the whole thing too, like the whole big and like hate Gay's thing makes no sense. You know who one of the biggest heroes in the the conservative on the right right now is is Scott Presler.
Speaker 1: Well, instead, Peter Teel is very well respected as well, but yes, Scott Presler, the what is it? The per persistent, Yeah, the persistence.
Speaker 5: He was aciently. I lived in Nancy Pelosi's district. He was like, what is this about? Went viral in a video, went to Baltimore, cleaned it up, and yeah, and he's the one that decided that he moved to Pennsylvania and all for like four years, all he did was try to flip registration in Pennsylvania from blue to red. And he succeeded, like big time, big time. He's one of the really like he is one of the main reasons that Pennsylvania went red. He's a hero for the for the Republicans, love the.
Speaker 1: Dan and dude. There's a lot of gay conservative guys that are really instrumental in the movement, including a couple former Democrats. Who am I thinking of, uh, oh, what is his name?
Speaker 14: Who?
Speaker 1: Ca Well, there's I.
Speaker 5: Can think of the one in the Trump administration from the previous one, Richard Grennell.
Speaker 1: Well Grenell, Yeah, but I'm thinking of Dave something. But but the point, the point is also I think a lot of people didn't know that perhaps the persistence was was gay. I'd be honest with you, I didn't know for a long time. And I happened to see a photo that he took with I think it might have been Grannell, and you know, it became clear and then I just scrolled the next one, right, And I think that that is the mindset of it's.
Speaker 5: Twenty twenty four. Man, nobody cares.
Speaker 1: I think no, I think you have a percentage you care.
Speaker 5: Right, But the majority, the vast majority, do not.
Speaker 1: Right. And and but I think now what you have is the idea that everyone who doesn't like gay people is strictly on the conservative side, belies the fact that one of the things that probably was influential, especially in the black community. Right, I've seen several pieces on this where there is still there is still a lot of stigma in portions of the black community, and we've had black callers call in and talk about it. Now, what that percentage is, I don't know. But do you think there's Do you think that on the left and the right that there are not pockets of people that that's still no, no, that's going to exist in the same way they lunatics screamed the N word during a hearing at the Michigan State House here, Right.
Speaker 5: They go to the fringes and they go to the outliers, and they try to paint the entire everybody in the party as that. And that's what they do when they do these rallies, too. Right, you always find the one that the media will find the one nut job in the crowd and paint everybody as that guy.
Speaker 1: Yep, yeah, yeah yeah. Now, to be fair, it also a lot of times provides us some incredible audio. I want to address one thing because somebody wrote, and I respect that I sound like this, but I want you to understand my position when I was talking to our previous caller, where I said, yes, I do believe they slow rolled things up in the mountains for political expedients. I want to be clear on what I'm talking about. One, they didn't get a weather machine out and go, you know, douse the Hillbillies. Okay, that's not what we're talking about. But even subconsciously, when you start, let me ask you this, if that was New Orleans again, If that was New Orleans again, don't you think leadership mentally would have prioritized voting at the bigger levels?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 1: They would have put it in their speeches, even if they don't necessarily control it in that area, they would have founded a priority because again, even subconsciously, they recognize that those are their people and that they might be another thing that they care about might be imperiled their ability to elect people that think like them. And then there's the never let a good crisis go to waste part of it where you go, you know what, I'm gonna do this, and you know what, that'll be an afterthought because frankly, there are some people where that thought crossed their mind. That's what I believe. But at the very least, even if you want to go subconscious, if it was a deep blue district, I promise you the folks up of the Biden administration, there would have been a meeting about, Hey, one of the things we got to prioritize is voting and we have to make and then they would include it. And it's why it's so important. And here's what we're doing. We'll send chinooks to bring to the vote. Maybe not that much. That's that's not a conspiracy. That's human nature as evidenced by what was prioritized. And you can't say that relief for the purpose of making sure you touch every individual to make sure they're okay is your priority, because it clearly didn't happen. And now we're dealing with the FEMA thing. You know, it's it's okay. It's okay to sit there and try to filter through human nature without having to go all the way in on heart machines. Okay, and if you disagree with me, that's also where we can sit there and discuss things. Well, I don't think they did intentionally, maybe, but also don't you think if they thought that it might cost them their jobs, they might prioritize it Like that's human nature, that's how we do things anyway, all right, seven twenty one Cacoda Radio program. Let me get this audio for you, because I there is no way to convince me that this isn't just pettiness. Okay, I'm gonna play some audio for you, not just pettiness, but even more so Anthony Blinkett, Anthony Blinken, our Secretary of State. This is, in my opinion, the political version of you just got You ever seen those videos where somebody got evicted or they got kicked, you know, kicked out for whatever reason they didn't pay their mortgage or maybe they didn't pay their rent. And you'll see this on Twitter where the landlord goes into the house and they went through and they like busted holes and all the walls spreight ketchup everywhere. All that.
Speaker 7: Black Friday is coming.
Speaker 6: And for the adults in your life who love the coolest toys.
Speaker 7: Well there's something for them this year too.
Speaker 6: Bartisian is the premiere craft cocktail maker that automatically makes more than sixty seasonal and classic cocktails each and out of thirty seconds at the push of a button. And right now Bartisian is having a huge sight wide sale. You can get one hundred dollars off any cocktail maker or cocktail maker bundle.
Speaker 7: When you spend four hundred dollars or more.
Speaker 6: So, if the cocktail lover in your life has been good this year or the right kind of bad, get them Bartisian at the push of a button, make Bark quality Cosmopolitans, Martini's, Manhattan's, and more, all in just thirty seconds, all for a hundred off. Amazing toys aren't just for kids. Get a hundred off a cocktail maker when you spend four hundred through Cyber Monday, visit Baptisian dot com Last Cocktail. That's b A R T E s I A N dot com s last Cocktail.
Speaker 1: So this is the political version of you just got fired, and so you leave a couple up upper deckers. Okay, if you don't know what an upper decker is, there's nothing I can do for you because I'm not explaining it. That's what Antony Blinkin outlined.
Speaker 9: Listen to this as we're working to make sure that Ukraine have.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm sorry, I'm looking at the clock here. That's your tea because I want to make sure I play it all in one fil swoop. Let's take a break Antony Blinking and the political upper decker that the Biden administration's leaving in your house because you evicted them, and we'll get to that coming up next hang out. I think some people take comfort in the fact that you won't have to deal with people like Antony Oh. Well, I mean you will if you tune into MSNBC CNN, where I think half these folks are gonna end up. But at any Blincoln yesterday, and I want to set the scene. Obviously, there's all the you know, the hurricane, the still still not handled hurricane stuff. So that's a that's a financial necessity. There is the small business this is hurricane related, but the Small Business Association this week said we're out of money, and they are a huge part of a disaster recovery right because they have they have very special loans sometimes grants that they can utilize for business owners in these impacted areas, because it's not just people's houses, and for the people who just have houses there, it's their job or it's where they get food. Right, So these are all really important and they say they're out of money. It's repugnant. So what does Anthony Blincoln say?
Speaker 15: He says this, as we're working to make sure that Ukraine has what it needs to effectively defend itself.
Speaker 7: The United States continues to step up.
Speaker 15: We've obligated just recently and pushed out the door another eight billion dollars in security assistance for Ukraine. That was the September another almost half a billion dollars just a few weeks ago. And President Biden has committed to making sure that every dollar we have at our disposal will be pushed out the door between now and January twentieth.
Speaker 1: Every dollar at your disposal's going to be pushed out the door to Ukraine between now and inauguration day? Are you kidding me? You got two agencies who claim they don't have money for Americans here, you've already figured out that that probably didn't wasn't a good look, and that people are upset about it. There's no other explanation in my mind than this is them saying, oh, you didn't vote for us. You And that's why I use the analogy like they just got evicted, so they decided to destroy the place. I'm not going to use the term I use because some one of our very nice older female listeners apparently google da she did not want to know that upper decker. So sorry, man, But sometimes it's the only proper description for what they're doing, because it's so vile what they're doing. Where do you have money laying around that? You don't have money for Buncob County, like even your own peeps, although bunkhomb County is red in its totality. But come on man, or with taga what they're with boone man or literally everybody else. But no, that's the direction. That's the direction we're going. At the same time, the female whistleblowers sitting there on Fox.
Speaker 3: And someone feels uncomfortable, we can't go to that home. If you have loose dogs and someone on the team is comfortable with dogs and another person is not, we can't go to that home because of safety precautions.
Speaker 4: So you feared the Trump houses, the people on female were fearing the Trump houses like they were faring people with vicious dogs in their backyard.
Speaker 3: Exactly, and and and that's based on the that's based on the transit.
Speaker 1: And that is why Ukraine gets the money and not you, you rabid dog person uh with a with a Trump sign, because you, to them are a rabid dog. Am I being hyperbolic a little but not really, because like this is how we look at people now. And don't get me wrong. You want to go on Twitter and you want to be snarky, and so I'm not gonna judge you.
Speaker 11: I do it.
Speaker 1: Absolutely. I do it on the show sometimes, but when we're talking about real deal stuff, real important stuff, you know. I I appreciate the Mayor of Durham coming on the show yesterday so we could have a conversation. Do I think that he's gonna do what I think should be done in Durham. No, But I also don't live in Durham. But I would welcome him doing something even if it's not what I think he should do, to minimize the ability of people in Durham, not just my listeners, to not have to worry about walking over to the store to get something or playing in their front yard. Can you imagine, now I had a little I had a little larger yard than most of you growing up. Admittedly, I ros were you allowed to play in your yard when you were a kid? I know you've made Schenectady jokes, but you get you go play in the neighborhood, right, yeah, no he had a beckyard chair. Yeah, but no, no, no, but like in the front yard, right, Or or walk down the street. You could walk down the street as a kid, like, oh, to your friend's house or something, right, yeah, all the time. Yeah, So imagine growing up in that where you're like, no, you can't walk there. No, no, no, no, there's there's some guys over there that're doing they're dealing drugs. We had a shooting here last week, like at hurts Man. I don't want to see that. So that's when that's when things are serious, and you you don't put aside differences. You still have your differences, but you you celebrate wins. And there's not a lot of wins to celebrate as far as government is concerned at a federal level with what Western North Carolina was dealing with, and it's starting to turn into there's not a lot of wins at the state level too. We'll see what the legislature does. But from an immediacy standpoint, it's not on them, done on them at all, and they did already allocate a bunch. So Anthony Blincoln coming out, here's the other thing. Don't hold a press conference on that. That's what's even crazier. Now it's on tape with you going, oh yeah, we got money laying around you. We're gonna ship it overseas. I hope you all like that. Maybe you should have voted different. I'm not giving other things for our suitet listener to Google. It was very nice, although admittedly kind of horrified. I'm just saying it could happen to anybody. So any who, speaking of women, if you do want to avoid all that, the ladies over at the View have some thoughts for you. Yeah, that's right. Joy Behar, who lives in the Hampton but also has an Upper East Side house. She you know, she really she able to feel out the most folks, and she's got some good advice along with her friends for the upcoming holiday season, which I'm sure will help smooth over so many of the Tenson's tensions. We're dealing with right now, Let's get into that show.
Speaker 16: It turns out every holiday season political talk can be tough topic to get into.
Speaker 1: And I would point out that one of the ways it got a lot tougher is when Obama was president, they ran an ad campaign with a loser in pajamas drinking hot coco saying, go disrupt your family gathering. Not that they were all perfect before that, but it was like it was a rubicon on this stuff, man, where you just didn't just and if you did, as soon as it got heated, you didn't anymore. How many of you have watched a blowout in the last ten years at a family gathering that you don't think would have happened to the ten years preceding.
Speaker 16: Then, it turns out every holiday season political talk can be tough topic to get into. But given the results of last week's election, Yale psychiatrists doctor Amanda Calhoun suggested to Enjoy Read that some people should sit this one out.
Speaker 6: Take a look.
Speaker 17: There is a push, I think, just a societal norm that if somebody is your family, that they are entitled to your time, and I think the answer is absolutely not. So if you are going in to a situation where you have family members, where you have close friends who you know have voted in ways that are against you, like what you said, against your livelihood, and it's completely fine to not be around those people and to tell them why, you know, to say I have a problem with the way that you voted because it went against my very lifelihood and I'm not going to be around you this holiday.
Speaker 1: I need to take some space for me other than them secretly going oh, thank God, who does that? Who? Who does? Who does? Especially when you see when you when it's when you're really down and out, who's coming to help you. I'll let you use Western North Carolina as an example. It's your friends, it's your fan, it's your neighbors, and you're willing to throw it all away for government. And I don't care which side of the government it is. At that point, I'm like, good, more turkey for me. I can always eat more turkey. Absolutely, I'm sorry. Continue with your.
Speaker 8: Insanity, you know, I think you need to look into yourself and if if gonna go into a family gathering or go with friends where it's going to stress you out, then don't go.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you. Al has five children your husband.
Speaker 8: My husband has five children, of most of them or their spouses voted for Trump. The problem is those five children have thirteen grandchildren. He refuses not to see and not to be part of their lives. And so for our family, I mean, he has told them I will not let politics split up our family.
Speaker 3: Alan and I voted for Kamala, others didn't.
Speaker 8: He is going to see his grandchildren, come hell or high water. That's the choice that works for him.
Speaker 18: I'm all for healthy boundaries, but I kind of think mashed potatoes are the great equalizer. Like you don't want to spend Thanksgiving by yourself because you can't set politics aside. I find that every day and every job I've worked in, in social circles I've run and I've been around, people have different politics than me, and it's never gotten in the way of having friendships.
Speaker 14: And I wouldn't have simply had I would have had any friend, would have had any holidays if I had to only pick the ones where everyone agreed with me. And so as now, there are times and I.
Speaker 1: Wouldn't be with you.
Speaker 14: I check with I check in with myself and say, am I up for this? Because I also know struggling with mental health. There are times I'm not and that's okay, you step away, but it will never be the defining point because toxic personalities don't have political affiliations. It's a personality trait that sucks and we all are related to people like that. So whatever your reason is, I would never let my politics be the reason I don't show up to see my family.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well I will. Here's my disagree at least on that part. Toxic personalities often do also have politics.
Speaker 6: Black Friday is coming, and for the adults in your life who love the coolest toys, well there's something for them this year too. Bartisian is the premiere craft cocktail maker that automatically makes more than sixty seasonal and classic cocktails each and out of thirty seconds at the push of a button. And right now, Bartisian is having a huge sight wide sale. You can get one hundred dollars off any cocktail maker or cocktail maker bundle when you spend four hundred dollars or more so, if the cocktail lover in your life has been good this year or the right kind of bad, get them Bartisian at the push.
Speaker 2: Of a button.
Speaker 6: Make bark quality Cosmopolitans, Martini's, Manhattan's more, all in just thirty seconds, all for a hundred off amazing toys. I'm just putting kids get one hundred off of cocktail Maker when you spend four hundred through Cyber Monday, visit Baptisian dot com last cocktail. That's b A R T E s I A n dot com slast cocktail.
Speaker 1: And sometimes it's the reason they're toxic. But it's still your family. And look, I understand if they refuse to sit down, they're screaming at people and they're just making then don't want them there. But we're talking about just not going and she's recommending this over over how you voted absolute in sanity. I raced agic from the Weather Channel. Since we're talking about Thanksgiving, let's people. You know, they got their travel plans probably locked down. Ross is going to the moon. Oh wow, I think he just told sales that, so we didn't have to do stuff, you know, but very busy and I know you don't like to get more in a few days out, but damn, let's get more than a few days out of okay, boys, So let's start now and head at least to again, and an educated.
Speaker 9: Guess sounds so good.
Speaker 19: Fine on me, It's all good rain from yesterday done. Some spots did see close to it edge, start to see some clearing in some areas, other spots still cloudy. So I think most of us will see any clouds around. Clear today, upper fifties, maybe sixty in some areas, and then Saturday and Sunday in the sixties, mid sixties and sunny, warmer. Monday Tuesday, on the back side of high pressure, upper sixties, the low seventies will be around, and then it gets a little unsettled by Wednesday of next week with the next front coming on in. But it really is later next week or some colderrare is going to try to get here on or about Thursday or Friday. Friday will probably be the kickoff of people traveling early for the holiday the following week, but it does look a little.
Speaker 9: Chillier with a storm actually sitting over the.
Speaker 19: Great Lakes, and that could mean by Thursday Friday, if you're traveling north, there could be snow in the Ohio Valley, Cleveland, maybe into Detroit, some rain in Chicago, and then the East will get some rain too. We're gonna get colder too later next week, and the mountains could have some snowflakes or snow showers. And then I think briefly milder as we get into early Thanksgiving week with high pressure around, and then Wednesday, the big travel day, the twenty seventh, looks mild with maybe a few showers. And then on Thanksgiving Day right now, if you said call it now looks cloudy, probably see temperatures in the sixties and maybe a little rain later in the day, and then Friday looks like some showers around too, before the next little shot of chilier air comes in for that following weekend as we get into wow, December one already, so that's about as far as it goes, Casey, But I think there's going to be a pattern change with some colder air coming in for a couple of days.
Speaker 1: And then you forgot Christmas, White Christy.
Speaker 9: I forget darnas I forgot Christmas.
Speaker 1: Huh wh Do you know how many trees Ross has up in his house right now?
Speaker 9: More than two.
Speaker 5: We just put up the ones in the bathroom, so it's official. It's the ones. Merry Christmas.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I've got these.
Speaker 1: Got them like every room. Man, damn it, could we What happened to my polar vortex sounder? Oh no, where's my polar force?
Speaker 11: Oh?
Speaker 1: I have the long version?
Speaker 5: You ever hear those?
Speaker 1: I can have to send you a copy.
Speaker 6: Go on and freezing for so long? Where has the normal weather gone?
Speaker 20: I'm freaking sick of having the shovel my driveway. This weather is just insane and I storms and freezing rain comes mean nothing but pain. Nice warman's false advertising, cause the snow level keeps on rising. You know what's keeping the sun from shining on me?
Speaker 3: It's the polar politext.
Speaker 20: In the upper Man west here it's thirty below.
Speaker 1: All right, we get the gist of it. So and you know what I'll say, forgot the standing the weather, hurricane guy?
Speaker 11: Dang it?
Speaker 1: Jeez, yeah man, I'm just working on your segment. All right.
Speaker 5: How does how does the fourth look? The fourth of July? Is it gonna rain this year?
Speaker 1: Good point? Yeah, it's gonna be nice, humid. What do we know? How come the farmer? How come a farmer can figure it out?
Speaker 9: But you can, well how many you actually sit there and track how accurate that actually is?
Speaker 1: So it says for two hundred years or whatever. If it wasn't right, miney.
Speaker 9: Most people out there a sucker for punishment, right, they like the hype around it.
Speaker 1: Well, well, we'll find our polar vortext thing because something tells me we'll need him before too long, and we'll talk to you in the next hour.
Speaker 9: Okay, yeah, yep, all.
Speaker 5: Right, there you go.
Speaker 1: Raced Agic calls himself a weather guy. Couldn't tell Ross, but he's gonna have a white Christmas and fourth of July. How do you plan not knowing? Are you gonna eat parcas?
Speaker 5: I mean, I think we found out that Ray is a farmer's almanac Denier.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, that's true. That's that's a very good point. We just witnessed it. So all right, coming up, Pete count or join us eighth five will chat with him. Uh if if you weren't on this, we got to talk about the Gates thing from the John Bolton perspective, but also some of the some of the the spy reports, if you will coming out. So we got a lot to cover in the last hour and what fifteen minutes of the show, do not go anywhere back in just a few loose Sky crash yesterday. But here's here's the deal. I sometimes I think think that, especially when it's a new platform, it's one of two things. They didn't have enough server space. But also it's a good story if you crash. Think about that. What do you think when when you hear blue Sky craw or anything on that to be blue Sky could be Parlor, Right, You're like, oh my gosh, so many people are going over there, maybe I should too. So I don't know if I it feels stunty, but it could just before planning.
Speaker 5: But even before it crashed, it was being reported it was either yesterday or the day before. It was now the number one unpaid app in the App Store. When it comes to like social media news and stuff. So is Parlor right, right, right? And so was threats at one point?
Speaker 1: So yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, oh yeah Threads. That's even a better example because that the death of thread And it's not that Parlor's dead, but it's not growing. But we got a story coming up in the last half hour you do not want to miss. But before we get to that, it's a bunch of other stories you don't want to miss. With Pete Calendar, WBT mid Days you can hear them on the iHeartRadio app Pete, what's up, man?
Speaker 11: I am good morning.
Speaker 1: Well I I hope you mean that in one way and not the other. So what's it like living in a county where your sheriff is Jesus? How is that? Is that good?
Speaker 11: I wasn't even aware.
Speaker 1: I just yeah, I just have My audience knows nothing about this story. I'm so of waiting. I've been you. Please to listen, because, as you know, and it's not just Wake County, other counties have had some issues, you know, try a triangle. But Wake County had a very special individual who did I ever send you the picture of him at the State Fair driving the sheriff's vehicle in the parade, but he had misspelled the word sheriff, not oh yeah yeah, yeah yeah, And then you would always be like, God, but have you heard of this guy down our way? And he was a little competition and our dude got eighty six? Your guy's still there lording over the quote what Cracker captains tell us all about this? Please?
Speaker 11: And the plantation slaves as he calls the black employees under his ar when he's not referring to them as the n word. That would be as I call him, Sheriff, Gary not my fault McFadden, because yeah, nothing is ever his fault. All of the problems you get, people dying at the jail, all of the problems that you know, the people that are quitting in droves. None of his original team are still there. He's only been in office like six years, so he's won two election cycles. And you recall six years ago he rode in on the building wave of BLM and you know, we're not going to cooperate with Ice. In fact, when the legislature goes into session next week to override the veto on HB ten, our own Gary not my fault McFadden is one of the reasons why. Because he refuses to hold any of the as he calls them residents of the jail. He doesn't like to use the term inmates, so he calls them residents, and he doesn't want to cooperate with Ice. That was his promise, and that's how we ended up winning the Democrat primary, ousting the the incumbent Sheriff, Irwin Carmichael. And so he is and then he was able to fend off a challenge because the first from one of his former employees who ran the jail, who now works over in the next county over running their jail because she was like really effective at running jails, first thing he did before he was even sworn in, which raised some legal questions, but he fired her and a bunch of other people, and then people started dying in the jail, and he had a guy named Kevin Canty come in and he was he was a former SBI guy, State Puer of Investigation, former CMPD guy. And he comes in in like February of last year, doesn't even make it a year, writes a scathing resignation letter, posts it on the Charlotte FOP Facebook group or something, and so now this thing is all blown up, and he documents all of these problems with McFadden, using these racial slurs and such. McFadden then doesn't want to do any interviews. Instead, he goes to the graduation promotion ceremony for seven deputies who all have their families there because this is, you know, a big deal for them. They're getting sworn in and stuff on Friday, and goes off on like a fifteen minute rambling, unscripted rant, and he calls himself essentially Jesus. He said, you know, God sent his only son as a sacrificial lamb, and maybe I am the sacrificial lamb for America to I don't even know what he meant by the term when he said to something like, you know, overturn the word racism. I don't even know what that means. But like this is how he views himself as the hero victim. And like I've gone over the symptoms and such and the characteristics, and I'm really I'm convinced this guy sociopathic. I really am.
Speaker 1: There's no question. There's no question. Now I'm looking at it from a thousand yards out, and I'm just like you. If our guy wouldn't have just cost taxpayers a million dollars and then also showed up at the was mad because he wasn't the keynote, so to speak, to give the eulogy at a murdered deputy's funeral, and the ones who were he then took away their canines and demoted them, which is all things that happened.
Speaker 6: Black Friday is coming, And for the adults in your life who love the coolest toys, well there's something for them this year too. Bartisian is the premiere craft cocktail maker that automatically makes more than sixty seasonal and classic cocktails each and out of thirty seconds at the push of a buzzon and right now, Batisian is having a huge sight wide sale.
Speaker 7: You can get one hundred.
Speaker 6: Dollars off any cocktail maker or cocktail maker bundle.
Speaker 7: When you spend four hundred dollars or more.
Speaker 6: So, if the cocktail lover in your life has been good this year or the right kind of bad, get them Batisia at the push of a button, make Bark quality Cosmopolitans, Martini's, Manhattans, and more, all in just thirty seconds, all for a hundred off amazing toys not just for kids. Get one hundred off of cocktail maker when you spend four hundred through Cyber Monday visits Martsian dot com last cocktail that's b A R T E S I A N dot com slast cocktail.
Speaker 1: I would prettie, I give you the win right away, because you know, thinking your Jesus, that's a lot of points, you know.
Speaker 11: Yeah, but yeah, so and what he's accused of what I what I would consider meets the definition in the in the statute of maladministration by not following chain of command. He uses essentially the internal affairs investigative office inside the sheriff's office. He uses that to punish people. He ignores findings that he doesn't like. If he likes you, he talks about his jailers in front of the inmates, sorry, residents. He talks trash about them. And what do you think then that does for the workplace environment of that jailor who now is walking amongst the residents. Yeah, like this guy is. And so he finally has to do an apology, which he publishes a one minute video yesterday afternoon, and it's just him, you know, looking at the camera, sitting at his desk like an oval office kind of thing, and he's just got all these awards piled up behind him and stuff. And he then once again restates his position that he is the hero victim. He's not the bad guy in any of this. He's the hero and victim. And he would talk about this stuff, but he can't talk about it because he's prohibited. You know, he's limited in what he can say. And that's just clap like, this is about you, buddy. You can say whatever you want to say. About you and your Oh and by the way, yesterday he fired two women who were like the business manager and the HR director fires them. And these were two women that had been there for years, and he had wanted the guy who quit a couple of weeks ago, who went public, Kevin Canty. He wanted Canty to recommend them for firing, and Canty was like, no, there's no merit. They would be unjustifiable, so can't he quits? And the first thing he does is fired these two women.
Speaker 1: Well, get your check book out because they'll be coming. But I don't want to spend the whole segment on him because I don't know if you notice, there's other stuff this week. Yeah, and so this section, I want to go over cabinet stuff, and I want to do a kind of rapid fire because we've got a lot to cover. But I want to get the big overview from you. Do you think the freak out of this process is worse than twenty sixteen or not? Where are you at right now?
Speaker 11: I think it's worse. The freakout is worse. Yeah, I'm not saying the picks are because let's think the first Yeah, the first time around, I think it was because he, uh, he relied on people advising him that in hindsight, probably gave him bad advice.
Speaker 1: You can say John Bolton's name, that's fine, all right, Well let's let's apparently John Bolton is not a fan of some of this stuff, which is almost an endorsement. But let's let's go through. Uh, let's start Secretary of State Marco Rubia, Little Marco, Little Marco. Yeah, I've.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I'm fine with it. Like Donald Trump at this point has earned the you know, the trust in picking these people at this point, okay for me just because yeah, like I can see dings on these people, and I can see I know the criticism like with p. Hag Seth as well. But at this point, we can't keep doing what we've been doing. Something has to change. And uh, I think that you're going to have to bring in some people. They're going to have to just break a bunch of stuff and then they're going to be out the door. And you know, this is a lame duck presidency and Trump's got about a year and a half roughly to get whatever he wants done done. I don't think he's going to get a lot done. I think there's going to be just a lot of you know, commotion and uh and outrage and hand ringing, because at some point the members of Congress are going to start looking at their own re election chances and then they're going to start bailing. So I think he's got to be a little over a year.
Speaker 1: The the entire office of DEI has said that if Hegseth is confirmed, they're going to quit, which is a kin to my stake last night, threatening to kill itself if I tried to eat it.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I don't ye.
Speaker 11: It's like, guys, do you like, not only do you not realize you have lost power, but the thing that you thought you had was powerful is actually not and goes the other direction against you. So yeah, I mean I would I would confirm him just based on that alone.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Frankly, if you work in that office, you should move to a cube in another office and laylow man. Yeah, just law. All right, So they're threatening to quit whatever that's that's gonna be that thing, let's see. Uh oh Kennedy, Yeah, sorry, okay, all right, now I'm interested because I I would say I was very surprised. I assumed that he'd make him bizarre kind of like, yeah, you know, like a little bit on the Michelle Obama healthy Schools thing, but for the entirety of it, and frankly, when it gets in, when he gets into foods and stuff like that, I think these are all incredibly valid questions, right, and our BC rate would tell us this, and the difference the difference in the same products, or anyone who's ever traveled outside the US, when you travel outside the US, if you can find a product being sold there that is an American product but is versionized for that country. Campbell's soup is a really good example. The first time I bought Campbell's soup, I have a look at the can and it looks incredibly different on the back in a foreign country than it does in the US that has restrictions on stuff. Now I understand that's big government, but there is a difference, and you know, maybe there's an answer there. But then you get into the vaccine stuff, you get into a variety of things. But I roundly reject Pete. I saw these doctors freaking out. They're going he's not even a doctor. Well, neither is the current HHS. He's also a lawyer. Okay, but there as a lawyer as well, So do you think he gets confirmed? Maybe that's the starting point here.
Speaker 11: Well, I think the first thing is whether or not they're going to try to run through the recess appointment process well for more.
Speaker 1: Of the Gates discussion. But yeah, let's do that.
Speaker 11: Yeah, yeah, And I mean that's you know, now you're into, you know, the wonkiness of the legislative rules and all of that. And I don't know if there's enough Republican senators. I've seen, you know, half a dozen of them are already against Gates, so I don't know if.
Speaker 1: It would go okay, uh so, yeah, so that it would not surprise me.
Speaker 11: And then I've heard all sorts of other you know, is this a strategy to get Gates out, to avoid the ethics thing or whatever? And I have no insight on any of that. I'm just kind of watching it to see how it plays out with my popcorn, you know, And that's and that's all I can do. I'm not going to influence any of this outcome. They've already got whatever plan in place that they want to roll with, so let's just watch and see how it unfolds. But I think the the idea that they're going to be able to run through recess appointments. I don't see why senators would agree to that to you know, to go into recess knowing that that's what they wanted.
Speaker 14: It.
Speaker 1: That's my only theory that finger they'd be like, oh, yeah, yeah, there's nothing I could do. I'm not leadership, but I agree, you know, maybe that's what I don't know.
Speaker 11: Right, but everybody knows what you know, because everybody knows like why you would be going into recess for that. So I don't think that happens unless they try to make this argument that Trump needs as much time as possible and you can't get bogged down in all the confirmation hearings. But you know, I would think it would be awesome to watch Matt Gates go into a confirmation hearing. That would be fire.
Speaker 1: It would be interesting and the funnest one to talk about. And my favorite objection is twofold one. Why do you have two people running this thing? And if it's the government, if it's the Office of Efficiency, and that of course, right doge. And then I saw the one this morning where they're like, there already is a government accountability office, and it's like well, people don't feel that there is and frankly, and also one is thus far a permanent office, whereas and I think this is smart. You saw this with Homan and some of these do you know have you ever interviewed Homan? I don't think so, dude, you should get them on your show. I'm telling this guy. Is he everything you saw in that sixty minutes interview?
Speaker 10: He is?
Speaker 1: You know that radio row you were too good to come to with me and Mark.
Speaker 11: They don't let me go.
Speaker 1: I know, but I did. We tell the story that you're too snooty for us because you're in a.
Speaker 11: Well you're in that, but you're telling people on that, but you're telling all the people.
Speaker 1: On five market. Guy. You guys got an attitude. So but anyway, Holman was up there, dude. He came out to the Irish Pub with us, and like this is when he was not with you. He had already he was already gone. So he's just a civilian. But he was fascinating to talk to him. He's like that all the time. And so I guess I pretty should have started with him. But the idea that you're looking at this doge thing, how much how much do you think they'll actually get done, because if you just take rand Paul's waste report, you should just do all of those and then start looking for other stuff. There's there's lots of fertile ground.
Speaker 11: Right And I saw on Twitter Ran Paul sent them the link to the report, yes, and was like, hey, here's a good place to start. So I think they're going to have a lot of opportunity for early wins. They're not taking paychecks themselves, so I think that kind of short circuits that criticism that Folcahuntas had leveled at them. You know, like the irony would be if they actually created a department. You know, yeah, you're creating a government agency. And then what happens after Musk and Ramaswami moment.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, I'm sorry, Pete, I forgot so I got bogged down on the home and thing. What I liked is he put a timeline on home and he puts a timeline on this too. I like that because that's how we do things in business.
Speaker 11: Correct.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 11: I think every like all of like taxes, laws, all this stuff, especially novel ideas need to be need to have a sunset included, and then you have to re up. Right, that should be the way that you do it. If it's working, you re up. You don't automatically get the continuation.
Speaker 10: You know.
Speaker 11: That's the way it should be, and they want it done. They set the deadline by the two hundred and fiftieth birthday of America July fourth, twenty sixth, which yeah, I mean, that's that's an added bonus. We're going to have Donald Trump as president during the two hundred and fiftieth birthday for America.
Speaker 1: What did you see any lives they spent on this. I'm not all right now, but now Trump's going to be the one to get to large Jess. Especially under Obama, they allocated a bunch of money. I got one minute this FEMA thing where Trump voters are like dogs.
Speaker 11: I just can't.
Speaker 1: Is the gov do you think Cooper or Stein acknowledges it?
Speaker 11: I just want to make acknowledge it right, like I Before I can even get to the acknowledgement, I'm curious. Does anybody in the North Carolina media have a question about this for the governor or the AG Not one?
Speaker 1: But they left Twitter, so I can't.
Speaker 11: So that's that's true. You have me twenty years they talk about protecting consumers and price gouging, and like, okay, well here's a really good one. You're gonna you're gonna comment on that. Nothing, not gonna ask the question.
Speaker 1: No, very busy. They're very busy. I'm Blue scot very busy covering you're insane, sheriff fan. All right, we didn't even get to all of it, but there'll be plenty more to come next weekend. We'll talk to that, okay, sir, all right, brother, have a good weekend. All right, there you go. Pete Calender here on the CaCO Day radio program. I got nine things I didn't even get to. That's just the kind of week that it is. But we'll continue next. So where do you work out at?
Speaker 5: There'd be plenty for this hmm.
Speaker 7: Black Friday is coming. And for the adults in your life who love the coolest toys, well there's something for them this year too.
Speaker 6: Bartisian is the premiere craft cocktail maker that automatically makes more than sixty seasonal and classic cocktails each and out of thirty seconds at the push of a button. And right now, Bartisian is having a huge sight wide sale.
Speaker 7: You can get one hundred.
Speaker 6: Dollars off any cocktail maker or cocktail maker bundle when you spend four hundred dollars or more so, if the cocktail lover in your life has been good this year or the right kind of bad, Get them Bartsian at the push of a button, make Bark quality Cosmopolitans, Martini's, Manhattan's, and more, all in just thirty seconds, all for.
Speaker 1: Ae hundred dollars.
Speaker 6: Amazing toys an't just for the kids. Get one hundred off a cocktail maker when you spend four hundred Through Cyber Monday, visit Baptisian dot com slash cocktail. That's p A r T E s i a n dot com slash cocktail.
Speaker 2: Mourning people wake up for peace and quiet. McDonald's Breakfast People, we wake up for the sweet rush of getting that warm, delicious breakfast right.
Speaker 7: Before it ends.
Speaker 21: Crush your morning goals with a steak, egg and cheese bagel or any breakfast sandwich, and snag another one for just a buck with a buy one get one deal only in the McDonald's app, Limited time only at participating McDonald's valid once per day must out into rewards.
Speaker 7: Bottom.
Speaker 1: How does it? What does it smell? Like in there.
Speaker 5: I mean it's a gym, right, yeah, I mean it smells like a gym.
Speaker 1: Okay, anything else, or do they have they have like a smoothie bar there or anyth No.
Speaker 5: I was to say, maybe like the occasional pre workout or routine shake or some oh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know crea teen's got a little smell to it. Anything else, like, I don't know, you've been in a crematorium anything like that, or I have not Okay, all right. Man found dead in tanning bed at Planet Fitness in Indianapolis three days after he walked into the gym. Bro's been in the bed for three days. Yeah, Now it wasn't on for three days. Let's just because they shuts off. You know, I've never used a tanning bit, so I actually don't know how they work.
Speaker 5: This is insane because you go in and normally if you're a Planet Fitness to use those I mean not always, but most of it is.
Speaker 1: That part of your membership. Yeah, I know they had that stuff.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there's a different membership. So like you're a black card member, right, so you pay a little extra month and you get to use the tanning bed in the massage things and stuff like that. But you go in, you gotta check in. You got to, you know, use your app to check in. Then from there you gotta show your eyewear or they give you little stickers to put over your eyes. Then you have to tell them what bed you want, how long. Then you have to sign in on the sheet that says what bad and how long. Then you have to go there, put your little placard up on the door so it shows that somebody's in there. Close the door, probably lock it, I guess. So some people don't walk in and sing you naked in.
Speaker 1: There wherever you're one of those weirdos who leaves it ajar, You're like you actually, yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and then you go in, you push the button. If they entered the information correctly, it starts. It's annoying when they don't, because then you're you have to go back out and tell them, hey, it's not working. You put it in your half dressed Yeah, you're so annoying, and then you yeah, and then it shuts off after a certain amount of time. How is this dude in a tanning bed for three days with the placard on the door. And I was reading that they would just like walk past and fabreeze the area because they were like, what does that smell?
Speaker 1: I don't know?
Speaker 5: Or in a gyms for me.
Speaker 1: You don't freeze parts of your house that don't smell good, you know, a little lifeol or something. You tell me Mark, he doesn't run around and give it a little hit, dude, it's so gross. Then they got to get rid of the tanning bed, now right, I mean they have to say they got rid of it.
Speaker 5: You would definitely go on wink wink, yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, totally, yeah, no, we donated it to charity.
Speaker 5: Smells like dead, dude.
Speaker 1: Can you imagine of all the places to encounter a spirit, because aren't you like if you're claustrophobic, you can't use those things right right?
Speaker 5: Well, sometimes like the stand up ones. So obviously he wasn't in the stand up one. I hope not, because then you would have yeah.
Speaker 1: Okay, now actually now I have questions. I didn't realize they were stand up.
Speaker 5: You can have the choice you have like a stand up own or sit down, and the stand up ones tend to be more powerful, so like you'll go in for less amount of time.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, you can't tell it, but uh Ross looks like he's from Venezuela, So got to get that base, you know. Yeah, no, no, no, I got you. He's a tanning mom is his hero. So whatever happened to her? Did she d crisp or something that was a weird fifteen minutes? There wasn't it. Man, there's how do you? Because you have everyone else to compare yourself.
Speaker 5: To, it just becomes an I guess, like an addiction, like anything else. You're like, you know, you don't realize your Oh yeah no, but I guess. They say that the found the dude because he had an ankle bracelet on, like ankle monitor, and the police were like, hey, this dude's been at the Planet Fitness for three days. Yeah they if I thought he cut it off or something or ya. It's not like they just stumbled across him after three days.
Speaker 1: So he could still be there today, right, not for his past criminal behavior. Interesting don't they clean those? This is the part that I'm because I'm assuming you sweat when you're in a tanning place.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And I mean because I like to go in the morning or he used to like at two o'clock too, thirty in the morning before the show and the overnight person that's who tends to do most a lot of they clean it through during the day, but the overnight guy primarily is doing like a lot of cleaning and stuff or at least screwed.
Speaker 1: Do you think that guy was when he heard the story?
Speaker 5: Yeah, you're just there and not once to opened that door with the placard on it and say, oh my god, there's a dead dude in here, like or did somebody open it? And they're just like, nope, not my responsibility.
Speaker 1: In the game. Yeah, no, I think he listened to you. He went none of my business. So FU just found him and then strolled around and said, no, I don't get paid enough for this. So ah, that is that is so messed as family will probably sue even though I don't understand. I mean, he died, do we know what he died of? Wasn't like grabbage skin cam scanning the story that you sent me. A woman who was a Plane of Fitness said that she and other members noticed a smell and complained, yeah, yeah, you notice that. I mean, I don't know what that would smell like in this situation. Again, it's not like the thing was on for three hours dude. The worst thing. Well, there's two things. I remember. One of the greatest pranks we were played on a buddy of mine when we were he got this jeep and he was so proud of this jeep and I can't remember what he did, but we're just like, all right, screw Matt, we're gonna do this. And we were out fishing and I I caught like a sucker fish, right. We were trying to catch some trout, and it says and we here's the you know, that bottom bait, the power bait stuff, and the suckers lead it to So I get a sucker fish in there, and I'm like, oh, let's see, well you're an invasive species. How about you go under Matt's seat And we put it in there. And this guy was so nose deaf he never noticed until like a month and a half later, Well we couldn't take it anymore. And his jeep stunk and it was always trashed, and at no point did he go, you know, it smells like dead fishing here. And finally, like we're at a party or something, and my buddy Rainy pulled it out. He's like, are you stupid? So I remember one time. So one of the cars I had had the grill on.
Speaker 10: It was.
Speaker 1: I just had a very unique grill and you could barely get your between the slats. Your fingers would fit. And that's about it. Just I want to give you the sizing here. So I'm driving one day around Raleigh somewhere and I you know, you ever see you know the thing where a bird flies and it kind of looks like it goes under your car and You're like, well, that guy's dead. I wonder what was going on in his life. And so I just assumed that, and I drove to radio station whatever, did whatever I was doing. And a couple of days later, maybe more than that, this is during the summer, I'm like, why is my car smill? I don't leave food in my car. I'm very like, I don't like that. I'm like eating in the car. Yeah, but it's and so I'm looking all around. I'm like pulling all the seats back and the glove, I'm like, what happened? And finally I came to the conclusion because I've actually dealt with this before, where maybe a critter got up under the hood, you know, because that happens squirrels an entire litter of kittens under a truck one time. I won't I'll spare the details, but where the fan blade is? And so I popped the I popped the hood initially on the car, and I'm looking in there and I don't see anything, and the car was relatively new, so it was still pretty clean in there. And as I shut the hood, I look down and I see these two tiny legs sticking out of my grill. But you can't, even with the hood open the way the car's designed, you can't get down to where that is. And so I'm like, all right, if I grabbed the little legs, and I look down in there with the flashlight, and I can see this the little bird I saw and somehow his entire body got through there. But then he hit, you know, radiator, and I pull little legs, but it had been too long, so all I get were little legs. And I go to the dealership and they're like, well, we're gonna have to remove XYZ on your car, and I'm like, no, I'm not paying you. It would have been over one thousand dollars easily, and I'm just like, So I drove around with the windows down for a while and then eventually nature took its course. So that's one way to deal with it. I suspect that's not the Planet Fitness model here. So AnyWho, there's a fun story for everybody's Friday. All right, eight eight eight nine three four seven eight seven four. Let me see here real quick. Yeah, I'm just checking the audio. I just don't want to get to you today. Uh oh yeah, yeah yeah. So yesterday, do you know who was hanging out with Trump? This guy that's Aavier Malay, the president of Argentina. As he is screaming which I can never pronounce, uh there you go, got one, which just means outsider, get out, and he's ripping the zapote, which is Spanish for one of the divisions the departments down there, and then all the others just tearing them off the board. It's it's hilarious video. If you've never seen it, you've you've been in a coma. That's who Trump's bestie's with now and I'm here for that. That's going to be amazing. So uh yeah, Apparently they were hanging out in well, I don't know where they were hanging out, but probably mar Lago right by the way you just still Ester Stallone headline Trump's event at mar Alago last night, and uh and I never understood why people didn't recognize that Sylvester Stallone's a big Trump dude. He's a he's a bit a right wing guy. You know why, because he's too famous for you to cancel, like he's he's like Eastwood.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I remember Patton Oswald had the shock over over Eastwood, like, oh my god, I can't believe Clint Eastwood is the Republican or a right wingers. Really, I can't, right, right, right, I can't believe the guy that made Rocky and Rambo could possibly be a conservative. There's no way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, shock a shocking. So uh yeah, and what did he say? He his quote? Here we Go is the headline. Sylvester salone labels Trump the second George Washington during speech at Mar a Lago. Everybody's losing their mind. And uh, I'm sure it's worse over on Blue Sky, but I'll never go over Ray st Agic. He's not on Blue Sky, but he does know about it. I do not the app the the you know, the the weather, all right, do you figure out if it's gonna snow for Christmas, Rossmolf. Yes, he doesn't know whether.
Speaker 19: The white locks or not, so you know why not. I could say anything right now and still be forgiven. So yes, snow on Christmas.
Speaker 7: Black Friday is coming.
Speaker 6: And for the adults in your life who love the coolest toys, well there's something for them this year too. Bartisian is the premiere craft cocktail maker that automatically makes more than sixty seasonal and classic cocktails each and out of thirty seconds at the push of a button. And right now, Bartisian is having a huge sight wide sale. You can get one hundred dollars off any cocktail maker or cocktail maker bundle when you spend.
Speaker 7: Four hundred dollars or more.
Speaker 6: So, if the cocktail lover in your life has been good this year or the right kind of bad, get them Bartisian at the push of a button, make Bark quality Cosmopolitans, Martini's, Manhattan's, and more, all in just thirty seconds, all for a hundred off. Amazing toys aren't just for kids. It's get one hundred off of cocktail maker when you spend four hundred. Through Cyber Monday, visit Baptisian dot com. Last cocktail. That's b A R T E s I A N dot COM's last cocktail.
Speaker 1: We are you gonna do it like that? You should go the other directions. So if you're STNG, people are happy.
Speaker 19: I know, well, what do you think percentage though, what percentage of your audience do you think would be happy with a white Christmas? I would say it's fifty percent or greater. But they wanted to melt.
Speaker 5: Well, I'm not gonna like. I can't stand snow. I hate it really. Yeah, being from New York, I had enough of that crap growing up.
Speaker 9: Great, gosh, I got more snow.
Speaker 1: I've had more feet of snow than you two will ever deal with in your life, just because it snows that much in the mountains. And we had ten foot elineator polls. And I'll still take it on Christmas more and you can't would.
Speaker 9: Take it Christmas more, right, So we got something to look forward to it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, then kids can go out and do kids stuff outside and then later in the day it's a seventy and go to the beach.
Speaker 9: There you go, Yeah, it goes away and it's you know me, I go seek the snow every years. Everybody knows and yeah, we hope.
Speaker 1: There's nothing worse than when you're when you're treading on dirt man. Yeah, just walking your machine up man.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 19: Hey, you know what those things are built now, they can they can basically go on anything. So I haven't done the water cross yet.
Speaker 7: Put.
Speaker 1: I mean it's more when you get thrown off of it onto dirt.
Speaker 9: Yes, yeah, yeah, thrown off a couple of times, but it took the turn a little bit too wide. It's happened.
Speaker 1: There's so much fun though, Oh.
Speaker 9: They are, there really is.
Speaker 1: Most people don't know the joy down here and they should. All right, we got now forty yeh second.
Speaker 9: Yeah, we're good, We're good.
Speaker 19: Yeah, it's not much upper fifties today, seeing more sunshine as a day goes on tonight the forties.
Speaker 9: The weekend is going to be great.
Speaker 19: Sun's out load a mid sixties, probably hit seventy in some spots. Monday, Tuesday, more sunshine Monday, a little more cloud Tuesday. Later next week might get a little bit unsettled, might be some colder air coming in and some rain showers in the mountains. There might be some snow showers, and that could be the beginning of maybe a trend of more.
Speaker 9: At or below average. We will have out our above average as we get into Thanksgiving week, so we'll see how it works out plenty. Talk about possibly on Tuesday.
Speaker 13: Yea.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we'll scare the crap at everyone next week. Yeah, before we all go on vacation. We're going to be gone the whole week of Thanksgiving, so plan accordingly. All right, we'll talk to thank you, and we'll coming back with Jeff Bellinger. Hang on, let's get Jeff Bellinger in here to explain how wrecked pharmaceutical stocks got yesterday.
Speaker 22: What's up, Jeff, Yes, well, it was all of the vaccine makers that took a hit. Casey on the news that Robert Kennedy Junior will be the head of the Department of Health and Human Services, providing he's approved in the Senate. We'll see if that happens. We were still spending money last month. The government reports overall retail sales were a little stronger than expected in October. They were up four tenths percent from September. The data had no discernible impact on Wall Street, where investors are in a funk after Federal Reserve officials indicated an interest rate cut next month. Is not a sure thing could happen, but it's just not guaranteed now. Futures down one hundred sixty five points. Cruise, which is General Motors self driving vehicle divisions, going to pay a half million dollar fine.
Speaker 7: Kroon Cruz admitted it.
Speaker 22: Provided false records to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration after a twenty twenty three accident in San Francisco in autonomous Chevrolet Bolt electric vehicle ran over a pedestrian in San Francisco. Cruz's California license was suspended after that accident, and Ford is going to pay a near record one hundred sixty five million dollar civil fine levied by the same agency. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration charged that Ford was too slow to issue a recall for cars with defective rear view cameras and KC technology may not be as attractive to Warren Buffett as it once was. The billionaire's Berkshire Halthaway trimmed its investments in Apple and Bank of America over the summer. The conglomerate was buying up shares of Domino's Pizza Pool Corporation.
Speaker 1: Casey okay, all right, Jeff have yourself a good weekend, sir. We'll talk to you on there's yeah, Monday week for a reason. All right, we'll talk to take care right.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Now, if they pass one, then we'll all be off, so that'll be good.
Speaker 7: All right?
Speaker 5: Uh wait, we have Monday off?
Speaker 14: No?
Speaker 1: No, I said, we have the next Monday off through Friday because you're going to the moon for Thanksgiving. But not next Monday. No, we're gonna have to. We got five five more days and five more minutes. Let's fill it with at least a call here, Grant. What's up? Oh?
Speaker 13: I've lived in five states and have a little bit of an interesting place where you've lived too. But I think that Trump has decided to nominate and get Marco Rubio, Little Marco to be six ary state because he wants to negotiate the liberation of Cuba.
Speaker 1: Will he do? Do you think or.
Speaker 13: Anything's possible?
Speaker 1: Did you show up at to that meeting? Come on, man, I think that he.
Speaker 13: Might do a treading with Ukraine going to Russia the part that is speaking you know, Russian, and then we would we would liberate Cuba and then maybe Puerto Rico Rico might even be made independent. So that it's it's like, you know, the one for their side, one for our side, and brings us back to some of the freedom that we used to have.
Speaker 9: For we speak Cuba, I mean, but you're confused.
Speaker 1: So in your in this in this thing here, you're saying that Cuba would be liberated to be independent, or we'd make it a state.
Speaker 13: Oh no, Guantanamo Bay and Cuba would be negotiated down to freedom and then capitalism.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, I'm just I'm just trying to figure it out. You know, making Puerto Rican a state in DC a state is the long term nighttime dream, if you catch my drift of Democrats, which is one of the things we talk about back in the court, they want to do so