Speaker 1: Before we get into you know what I already had on the plate. I feel like we need to start somewhere historical thought. Let me get this all right. I feel like we should start somewhere historical because something happened yesterday, something something pretty important, and I thank you. I feel like I would be remiss in not recognizing this. So yesterday history was made. Diversity is our strength. I'm sure you've heard that before. Ross. Have you heard that diversity is our strength? Have you have you had that run by?
Speaker 2: I picked that up a few times.
Speaker 1: Yes, Okay, so Ross has heard the messaging. So yesterday history was made. A glash ceiling was shattered, and in the very important stuff, very important stuff happening. For the first time in this nation's history, a woman certified her own presidential election loss.
Speaker 3: The votes for president of the United States are as follows.
Speaker 4: Donald J.
Speaker 3: Trump of the state of Florida has received three hundred and twelve votes.
Speaker 4: Kamala de Harris, Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, yeah, let'll do it.
Speaker 2: Letter, do it, utter do it.
Speaker 4: Kamala D.
Speaker 3: Harris of the state of California has received two hundred and twenty six votes.
Speaker 1: Well, all those you do not like the other, Ross, did you think when you and I were coming up, you know, into adulthood and into this business, that we would be so blessed to live in an era when a ceiling such as this was shattered? Did you, Because I, for one, this has to be like those of you who were alive when we did the moon thing, or didn't, I guess, depending on your level of weirdness. But this is like that, right, just like ah, look at that we're on the moon. Look that there's a woman certifying her own ass whooping. So that was the thing yesterday? Was that childish? I don't care. I don't care people do childish things like explain to me why everyone spent the entire time he was on screen yesterday. I didn't watch the event, but I'm sure some of you didn't. Maybe some of you can explain it to me. Because Ross and I had been talking about it before the show, so I knew the wwe was headed over to Netflix. I didn't know that. I don't really watch it on the regular. That being said, I caught a little clip this morning just for the show, because you know, when they're doing their initial Monday night Raw, when that's going on, they're gonna go big. It's the first one. Hey, everyone, welcome to Netflix, all that stuff. And they brought out a pretty legendary name who came out, talked about his beer, and then kind of scene said it said, hey, we got a great new partner. It's Netflix. Brother, Well now you know who it is. And so they brought Hull Cogan out yesterday and he did the walk on to his music he you know, and from the moment the moment he starts walking on to where he he got there and was given the you know, the little speech that he obviously was there to give about how much they love their new partner Netflix. They booed him the entire time. Is he out in the wrestling community a hunter pro? What is going on with that?
Speaker 2: Now? There's been a big division for a while now between the younger audience and the older audience. Like I don't watch any of the newer stuff. Right when I watched like wrestling, it's clips from the eighties and nineties and what they call like the Golden area.
Speaker 1: The gold people have seen your Twitter, which yes.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, So I don't watch like any of the newer stuff, Like I can't tell you anything about it. I really can't. Like people try to have these conversations with me and I'm like, I can't. I don't know what you're talking.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, but I'm bringing it up here.
Speaker 2: The younger generation doesn't like Hogan because they find him sort of like laughable because he's not a very good wrestler, but he's got like the hulking up and the leg drop and the brother and it's just they see it as like, yeah, they just don't there's a and there's also the racial component.
Speaker 1: Oh no, uh now the audience. I understand it was filmed in what ingle would California, so Los Angeles, so I thought maybe it's La But then I thought maybe is it like carryover from the Heels storyline that's so long ago, So you think it's you. You think they don't feel that he's his athleticism.
Speaker 2: Is yeah, because because he's not a very good wrestler. He's not a good wrestler. Flair who up to because Rick Flair is a good wrestler, but Rick.
Speaker 1: But he's a wrestler in the purest sense now because he's older as his Hogan.
Speaker 2: But they don't respect him because he wasn't a good wrestler. He was a good performer. He was a good wrestler. The younger generation they like, they.
Speaker 1: Well, then go watch regular wrestling, right, I'm not I'm not trying to put words in near Matt. I like, I get what you're saying.
Speaker 2: It's just like, no, because there is athleticism to what they're doing in the ring. The moves are important, what they're doing, and that's part of it. And they look at Hogan and they laugh at him. Like all you need to do is go on social media and watch somebody post about Hogan and then go into the comments and read, and you'll see that there's this huge divide where they're like that dude can't wrestle as a joke, So it's hip.
Speaker 1: To hate Hogan, I mean among the younger generations. See, I didn't know this. I didn't know, and I'm sure it's not all the younger generation. For I'm also sure they're yelling at me. The Trump thing probably didn't help either. Well, that's where I'm going with.
Speaker 2: They see him as an old dinosaur who can't wrestle, who's just a caricature of what he used to be, the same line regurgitated over and over again, and once again, this isn't me because when I was a kid, he was like, you know your hero, he was he is the eighties?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 1: Is there a bigger Is there a bigger wrestler in modern wrestling from a just notoriety name achieved?
Speaker 2: If you're gonna if you're gonna go old school or the one that crosses all these barriers is the Undertaker? Like if you have the Undertaker, yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I just wonder if he if you would fifty years from now look back on the totality of it and say that the Undertaker was bigger than Hogan.
Speaker 2: For the sport, Undertaker, Rick Flair and Steve Austin, you put them up there like they're your route, You're Mount Rushmore of wrestlers. The younger generation is more likely to put those people up than Hogan. They might put Hogan up on that Mount Rushmore, but they're not gonna respect him like they do the other guys.
Speaker 1: It's just it's it's strange to me because who are the who are the greatest uh? Who are the top ten greatest hitters? And I there's a couple of names you're gonna throw on there that by all reasonable standards of nowadays shouldn't even be mentioned, but people still throw them in there. Yeah, it's as somebody says, ty Cobb's name, like watch a documentary now. To be fair, I think they also over evil him a little bit, but there's a lot to go around. So I don't know, we're not allowed to. I don't have an affinity for Hogan other than like Ross was talking about, like we were kids, it was like Mike Tyson Hulk Hogan and like he mad yeah and he right, it's Schwartzenegger right, and the loan running around that was good. That good that uh that that fed what we needed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but to the younger generation, you've got this old guy that just won't go away. Yes, yes, oh man.
Speaker 1: All right, So that was a little weird to me. I like, as Ross pointed out in the same way, like we don't I don't know any of the current storylines. I don't don't really watch it right now. I just I just caught the clip. It was like right like five minutes for the show. I'm like, why are they booing them? And I thought is it part of whatever the bit was? And then I realized it wasn't just booing away on this dude. All right, well, and but he did his read man, he did his things, so all right, six sixteen in case o Day radio program coming up. Sometimes you gotta read more than the headlines. And unfortunately, even with very troubling story, there is a story out of Durham of a mother charge was shooting a four year old. And when you hear that headline, what do you think happened? If you say a mother was charged was shooting her four year old, most people's heads are going to go to an accidental discharge, somebody was being irresponsible, somebody want to show they could spin it around their finger, or do you see the ross you see the video that rapper shot himself during his interview the other day in the leg and then was like, is somebody shooting in here?
Speaker 2: He pulled a cheddar bob?
Speaker 1: He pulled it, Yes, yes he did. He pulled a cheddar bob. Very good nine mile reference, eight mile reference. That was the cheddar bob too, was a key component in his rap battle that the guy could not come back from. Also point that out, Good job rabbit. So yeah, yeah, that's what you would think you would think it'd be. But that's not how the indictment reads. It reads far more evil, at least I think it does. I'll run it by you next here on the CaCO Day radio program. When did I, as somebody pointed out, when did I become the guardian angel of adolescent children in Durham to not get shot? Why has this become a hallmark on my radio show? By the way, I just want to go on the record here. I don't want to put words in Ross's mouth, so if he wants to join on this statement, he can. I am opposed to shooting kindergarteners, not just in Durham, anywhere. I If you go to my platform, which I guess is verbal, you will see that I am against indiscriminately shot, well, shooting at all, but in the cases we see here, rather criminally and indiscriminately damn near toddlers. I'm against that.
Speaker 2: Ross.
Speaker 1: Do you want to be against that? I don't know. I'd never pold you on this, but yeah, yeah, I'm going to vote against all Right, So Ross is against that too, and I suspect many of you are against that. I know, I know, I know the the baby hitler thing. To throw that out, there's no time travel here, right, So it's okay to be against that, but damn it, whether it's that kid getting the snow cone and a tragedy struck with that failed wrapper or this case. All right, twenty four year old Vintasia Vinasia, I don't pronounce soul soul, Oh God, please don't be related to Thomas Soul spelled the same. That would be depressing anyway, is charged with shooting her four year old daughter. Now, I saw this headline, and I just I made the assumption that somebody was either le Now it says she shot her, So I made the assumption it was one of these things where somebody's jacking around with a gun. Maybe they're at a party, maybe they're a rapper getting interviewed the other day, shoots himself. Where does shot come from? Is his hole that you can see the hole in his pocket? But then I read the story because I just wanted to. I just have to confirm. Oh, okay, it was an accidental discharge. No, no, there is a line in here. And I don't speak legal ease, I'm not a lawyer. Ross just checked. Okay, what does this mean? Court records indicate the injury and I'm I'm gonna read this verbatim. Court records indicate the injury was quote inflicted by other than accidental memes A means, not memes inflicted by other than accidental means. And there's another sentence here that I don't know somehow makes this more horrific in my mind. The arrest warrant states that the child was shot with a two two three long rifle. Okay, that's a really there's a lot to unpack in that sentence there first two two three, am, I am, I don't know what. I don't know if it's an old school two two three. I have this nagging feeling we're talking about an ar here because it's a two two three I don't know, but a rifle a rifle and non accidental. Were you shooting at your four year old with an ar fifteen? Please God, somebody tell me that that's not what's happening here, because I don't. I can't wrap my head around that. A woman, a Durham mother, she got a four year old daughter who was facing felony charges after they say that she shot her daughter, her four year old daughter. And it's the way that it's worded where I'm having some trouble with this because I assumed it was some sort of accidental discharge, because who shoots their four year old? Now if it's part of a bigger, like, you know, family annihilator style story, which by the way, I didn't make that phrase up. I think that's I don't know if that's what they still call it, but that's what they used to call it. But no, no, And then I read this line. It says, records indicate the injury was quote in fl by other than accidental means, and the child was shot with a two twenty three rifle. So then I'm like, are we talking ab aun ar platform? Probably? I just I don't know. I used to have an old, you know, woodstock two twenty three rifle when I was younger, but nowadays somebody's got a two two three. It's for the most part, I see it on the ar side of things. So that begs the question what what? And I don't have an answer for it. I we put stuff in there that we can make sense of. Please, yes, Janet, what's up?
Speaker 7: A couple scenarios, think a mom is shooting at the dog, dad or the neighbor something, and the four year old runs through the line of fire. Okay, scenario scenario B.
Speaker 1: And I Mom has charge but unintentional target maybe.
Speaker 7: Right, right, so she's still not accident.
Speaker 1: Hold on, but he can't fire as you sitting around on the regular where you feel the need to shoot it straight dogs, Janet, is this a constant problem in your life?
Speaker 7: Well, I mean I don't have an L I have a nine, so I don't know how people treat those things.
Speaker 1: Yeah, now we're just mincing words. Okay, all right, so that scenario one.
Speaker 7: Scenario number two, Okay, scenario number two, Mom has really hired. The ar is laying on the couch. She's trying to sit down, but she doesn't know how to hold the gun, so she grabs her all wrong, accidentally pulls the trigger and it kicks her arm out, so bullets spray across the room.
Speaker 1: Well, well, I don't think they implied it was a burst or a full automatic, but yeah, I think that one they might have marked accidental, just with the way that they charge over in Durham, where you know they try to not charge people and yet you know, so maybe scenario one. Their scenario number three is she's like you ruin my life. I can't go out and party. I'm gonna solve this and we'll call it like I don't know.
Speaker 7: I no, no, no, no, no, no, don't go there, because then that means that now we've got to get a home mom to go over there. I just I can't that.
Speaker 1: Where is your woodship or busy?
Speaker 7: It is like, you know what, I actually believe up keeping me out of prison that time.
Speaker 1: I don't want them using this at your trials. So all right, all right, thank you for the call. Appreciated. Yeah, I don't want to have to testify. Ross doesn't want to have to pull audio, so we'll just stop that there again. I don't know. That's that's why I'm throwing it out. I just don't know when you write it like that would have and then I have to And this is this is what's on Durham prosecutors, because what I just said to her, I assume whatever I read an indictment from you, unless it's like a person who's a Republican politician, maybe I assume that whatever's in the indictment is the rosiest version of it, so that you don't actually have to punish criminals to the fullest extent. Now, what would lead me to that conclusion? Oh, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Might have had some stories, a lot of stories where people are you know, like the guy who went there and decided to brandish the gun at the sandwich shop over at unc Chapel Hill. And I know what you're saying. You're like, well, that's not Durham County. You have to remember that. Literally, like a couple days before, he did the same damn thing in Durham County down the hill at a gas station, and he didn't he didn't spend the night in jail, was in there threatening people with a firearm. So, yeah, pardon me if when I see stories like this, I just make the assumption that this is the best case scenario being presented in an indictment because it's your pattern. I hope, honestly, I hope to god. It's as crazy as it sounds. The first scenario that Janet laid out where it's not an accidental discharge because she meant to shoot but her target was unintentional. I don't know that that would completely restore my faith in humanity, but at least within this story, because I just can't fathom a world. That's why whenever whenever you see a story with with some parrot killing their kid, you try to wrap your head around it. Remember trying to wrap your head around the Andrea Yates thing, and then the totality of that story that was Remember her, She's the one who drowned all her kids in that bathtub. And they're like, dah, she was having a bad day. I mean, that was basically her argument, which actually was kind of effective. Partially holy crap, man, because you don't want to live in a world where evil like that exists, even if you know that it does. Yeah. So a lot of people are saying the negligence non accidental negligence. Again, I hope that's what it is. But then when she's coming out of court and they're like, hey, what happened and she's laughing like the joker. What do you want me to make of that? The whole thing is creepy times twenty man, And that is under underselling it. What is this? Yeah, it could again, That's why I'm I'm being very clear here. I don't know what it means. I just read that and like my whole mood changed. I'm like, what do you mean? Non accidental. Also, what do you mean too too well? Long rifle? Again, as crazy as that sounds, shoot your kid with the long rifles.
Speaker 2: Not that easy.
Speaker 1: I mean, not because they're fast or you know it wouldn't hold. I mean it's not easy in the sense that when you see when you hear about accidental discharge stuff, you're almost exclusively talking about handguns. Stats will tell you that a lot of times, obviously, kids get a hold of stuff that should have been secured or out of the way. But holy cow, all right, six forty two, let me let me go ahead and do this. There is another milestone in the I'm getting older pyramid that I hit this morning, and I don't know if I'm going to make any effort to pull out of the skid. And I feel like some of you are going to be in this same boat. So coming up next, why we're all older than we think? Okay, here in the new year, it's what we do. We'll be back casey O Day radio program, disrespectful manner. It's just like, I don't know that I have the bandwidth to commit to who knowing all this stuff. And maybe it's a hallmark of getting older, but it sure makes me feel that way. So I see this headline, and I see it on multiple different news outlets yesterday you ready, influencer killed demente who boasted six million followers on Instagram dead at twenty seven? Who or what is a kill demente? I did not know. Now I did look it up, you know, or read the articles. Anyway. Her name is Carol La Costa. She twenty seven. I don't know what her thing is. But it's like I've seen these headlines, are like influencers so and so and also and this sounds horrible. Now I'm reading this and it says she influencer dead at twenty seven. There's a small, just a tiny part of me that because of the outright lies that influencers will use, you know, there's make stuff up for the drama. Twenty seven is an awfully convenient number in the world of famous people. But now it appears, and by the way it appears, she choked on Christmas dinner. I don't know. But here's the thing. And again I want to be clear, I don't know anything about this woman, her influence, her stick or story, whatever it is. It's just am I expected to know all the influencers are.
Speaker 2: It's been going on for a while now. Where you see these celebrities in the New York Post, it'll be like so and so passed away at the age of you. It's always like some super young age, right, celebrity you've never heard before. And this is something that's always happened, right with any every generation that comes along. I remember sitting in her living room back way before, way before the internet, in the eighties. Yeah, and back then you'd get your entertainment news on the television on a show called Entertainment Tonight with mar.
Speaker 1: I remember it, yeah, right at the end, Yeah, And we.
Speaker 2: Used to sit there in our living room and watch that. And I remember my dad and his recliner with his legs up, and they would show like somebody super famous, like I'll give an example, like Tom Cruise or something right like Tom Cruise in the news, and my dad would be sitting there was legs up on the recliner and he'd be like, who's that And I'd be like, my dad is kidding, obviously he knows who that is. But the thing is like he really did not like he. And I'm just giving an example.
Speaker 1: A fellow Vietnam Vett who was born on the fourth of July. Your dad didn't know who that was.
Speaker 2: I'm just giving you an example.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, I totally get what you're saying to make sense.
Speaker 2: And I remember looking at my dad and really thinking like, there's no way that he can't know who that person is because that person is incredibly famous. But now I find myself doing this well. Marky will do this all the time where sits.
Speaker 1: I love your stories of your wife catching up the news man. Those are my favorite.
Speaker 2: It's different for me because we live in the politics, but mark is not. That is remote to her. But she likes the pop culture stuff.
Speaker 6: So said it.
Speaker 1: So many times.
Speaker 2: She'll bring up somebody and I'll be like, I have no idea who that is, and she'll go, yes, you do, and I go, no, I don't, and she'll bring up She'll show me no look and she'll show in the phone this person. I'm like, I don't know who the hell that is. I've never seen that person. And she goes, We've had this conversation like two weeks ago. I already showed you this person the entire IMDb. I'm like, well, I've purged it from my brain because it's not important and I don't care. So this has always happened and now but now it's even worse because it's these influencers. It's not like they're in movies or it's not like they're like a platinum recording, which.
Speaker 1: Sometimes they are in movies.
Speaker 2: You should they are. But here's the Yeah, that's how old I am because the jelly roll guy, I have no idea who jelly roll was until like a month ago, never heard of the person. I'm like, that is not a real person. There's no way there's a person called jelly roll. Apparently they're really really famous. But I've I've become my father. But now it's even harder because, like you said, you have you know, I'm a famous influencer on TikTok with a million followers, which.
Speaker 6: Ye yes.
Speaker 2: So to answer your question, yes, we are now old. Okay, we are ancient, we are dust.
Speaker 1: I but I don't want and it's again, it's not because I necessarily I find that a lot of times when I do find out more about an influencer, I then hate them. Oh yeah, but I don't. That's not my default, right, it's not my default So if you want to have six million followers and talk about fat positivity and parenting and Dominican issues. I think she's of Dominican heritage. That's fine, do your think, but forgive me if I don't. And if even though you died at the age of twenty seven and pulled a Mama Cass right right now, that you've got to think about it.
Speaker 2: That in the followers of this influencer is gonna hear your reference and be like, who's a Mama Cass?
Speaker 8: Good?
Speaker 1: They should expand their horizons.
Speaker 2: Maybe we should too. Maybe well, no, no.
Speaker 1: Because our horizons were more narrowly defined. Do you who are the top twenty Who are the top twenty TikTokers? Do you know?
Speaker 2: I have no idea, But you're going back to my point, like back in the day when you'd be in entertainment tonight. Now, I'm not saying there's like equal or lesser value, but the reason the person would be in this show is because they're probably in some sort of blockbuster movie ricking billions of dollars at the box office, or you know, some platinum selling quadruple diamond record.
Speaker 1: Or they were notorious train wrecks.
Speaker 2: Yes, and now it's like, I've never heard of this person before in my life, and you're like, well, what are they famous for? Oh they're an influencer. Oh well what does that mean. Have they've been in a movie? Have they made like a hit song? No, they're just they're an influencer.
Speaker 1: Click click, Yeah, dude, I don't know. I just don't know that I'm gonna be able to.
Speaker 2: Keep I'm ready for the home. I'm just ready for the home.
Speaker 1: Really, you're looking forward to the home? You want to do some bachi and sit around and talk about the good old days. I maybe maybe, yeah, yeah. Six million inflat is six mili. I don't even know how to gauge it, because six million on TikTok isn't that great, but on Instagram is I I don't know. They always try to get us to care about social media around these parts, and we care in the sense that we have to do it for work, but I don't know the ins and out.
Speaker 2: But here's the other thing, Like going back to you were talking about Markey, like how she's like I'm so jealous because she's like so remote from all the politics stuff, and we have this This is how I knew bad. This is how I This is the exact moment that I knew that Donald Trump was gonna win the election. And I've told you this before. We were watching some show on Netflix or streaming or whatever, and they went to a break and it was a Kamala Harris ad and the entire ad was about January sixth. I remember the ad, yes, about there was tons of them about you know, this happened, and we can't let it happen and we'll never forget and all this kind of crap. And the ad ends and Marky looks over at me sincerely, and she goes, what happened on January sixth? And this had been full four years of them acting like January sixth was the worst thing since Pearl Harbor.
Speaker 1: Wow, No nobody said that, mom man.
Speaker 2: And I'm I'm like, Trump has this in the bag because my wife. This isn't disparaging. I love my wife. She is the average person who doesn't pay attention to politics.
Speaker 1: And she's calm less, most sought after demo.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's focused on her career and her family. Those are her That's what she focuses on, and she's not swimming in politics like we are, or people listening to this radio station or this.
Speaker 1: Is your wife is incredible. She's way too positive to be living with you. Like I see her post on social media and she's like talked about community and together and like that's her whole thing. So the fact that she didn't even no.
Speaker 2: Idea, had never even heard of it, and it had been four years of them repeatedly like you know, everything on Congress and the list Cheney stuff. No, completely oblivious, had never heard of it and didn't care.
Speaker 1: Oh my goodness, gotta be fair. Just I just want to throw this last thing on. Ross has to get some phones here. Ross also couldn't name all the salespeople down the hole. Hey man, that's it, you know why, because we just tell it like it is here and how it is is completely relatable. I just pointed out that I saw a headline this morning for an influencer who is dead at the age of twenty seven and I and it was on It wasn't just some random news site. It was on like multiple news sites, including right towards the top of the New York Post. In fact, I want to say it was in the trending now it is in the trending now. It's the number two most clicked story in news on the New York Post right now, right after We're all going to have to get mass and destroy our economy again because bird flew. So that's the first story. And then the second story is this influencer killed Demente who boasted six million followers on Instagram dead to twenty seven, So she go kill demente. Moros? Wow, can you use that last I understand that that is a last name that is pretty common among them within the Latin world. Ross, do you know what that word means? By the way, the month to Moros? Basically, do you know what that translates to. It's literally a last name. It's it's uh killer of Muslims. Mores specifically is what that means. I always thought that was a very weird last name. It's very popular, but whatever.
Speaker 2: Okay, So that I read something yesterday on X where they were talking about how one of the most popular last names literally means what you just said, and I had no idea what they were talking about.
Speaker 1: That is that's probably why they were talking about it because this check Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, that's what that means.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So if you're like, Ross, you know, kill the checks or what right you know? Or what you know? Whatever?
Speaker 2: It is, like, do you change your last name?
Speaker 5: What do you do?
Speaker 2: I don't know, boy, I mean there's a history there right in Spain. You got beef with the checks there, there's a little history there in Spain. Yeah, well, pushing them out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, thank you for knowing exactly why that is too. Yes, yeah, pusher a more defender of More's or whatever you want to call it. Yeah, No, it was the whole Uh, it was the whole Iberian Peninsula.
Speaker 2: Do you mean the moops? No, of the moops?
Speaker 1: Right, Okay, So my point with the influencer stuff is I don't know if I have the bandwidth to learn everybody's name, So pardon me if I just don't even know what you're talking about half the time. But like influencers, do you met Ross? You remember when we first started radio. The first time you're doing a remote and you're sitting there and it's all awkward. You're probably either at a car dealership or a cell phone store. Probably a cell phone store. I think I've if I had picked the ones, I've been at most one of those places. And then people are walking up and they may know the station, like who are you? Do you remember how much you felt like you were wasting their time completely?
Speaker 2: I still feel that way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well it's because you know, like to do those.
Speaker 2: Things, So it's yeah, it's very uncomfortable back then, Yeah, especially because you're like, oh, I'm the guy that's on like from twelve to like four in the morning, right right.
Speaker 1: You know, know me right here?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 1: But now, man, you get like you get you get five thousand followers, and you'll be making a scene at the airport for a first class upgrade on the trans International and you'd be like, do you know who I am? I'll tell my followers, and I'm just like, that's why there's only there is a very small handful of times that I've ever flexed, And the only way that I've ever flexed this is for legitimate problems that have necessarily connected to my ability to do the show. And the only only flex I have to do is give them my email address. That generally solves it. But it's more to justify by who we are, right, and it's usually not in a public manner. It's like like credentialing, And I've had trouble getting credentials before, and I'm like, iHeartMedia. Have you heard of it? So it's more the company than me. But but man, there isn't a ten thousand person Instagram followed individual out there who I feel like won't scream in a rat of a waiter's face if they don't get free food. And I know it's not all of them, but that's where you see these stories. So I don't know. And you know, if Ross passed away, god forbid, should like we should it be the biggest news story out there? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Probably No, that's not the point I would assume. So maybe if not, I'm going to haunt.
Speaker 1: You, like maybe on our Twitter account, the show Twitter account. Yes, yes, it would be for that day absolutely, and then probably whatever you know the day.
Speaker 2: The services I'm taking at least like a few months at least flags down. If not, you're gonna get haunted, like for real.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of people to hunt, that's all I gotta say. You just me, okay, all right, that's fine. I'll get a get a priest with the smoke and stuff. Man, you won't stand a chance. It works works like a charm, all right, Uh? Sarah good morning. What's up?
Speaker 9: Good morning. I am calling about the four year old child that was shot in Durham. Yeah, I live a mile down the road from that. The projects, those are projects years ago, when I was an election official, I was actually posted there they have a you know, a vote in there, and so I'll and and a couple A couple of days before that election, there had been a shooting in there, and I was told, okay, rumor call it rumor call it gossip, but I was told that that the crypts and the bloods live in there, and that there's a lot of inciting, I guess you could call it.
Speaker 1: And so especially in some of those projects, it's a big problem.
Speaker 9: Exactly exactly. It's not uncommon. And and I lay in that at night and I listened to gunshots that are they coming from there? I don't know, could be, but.
Speaker 8: I do.
Speaker 1: I do.
Speaker 9: It's it's it's it's a very nice. Uh, it's a very nice addition to.
Speaker 5: To my home.
Speaker 9: But so my theory is is, I'm wondering, and I think I heard somebody earlier mentioned this, but I'm wondering if there was a second person in that house, potentially a gang member who knows, but I wonder if there was a second person in the house, her her boyfriend or whomever, and that she's taken the cover for him.
Speaker 1: He's the theory. I don't know. That must be the things she's like. He's uh trying to look as butch as possible and then with the little laugh there, so anything, anything's possible. I don't know. I just I wish it would it would be it was more detailed. I'm sure we'll learn more, but the more details of the indictment.
Speaker 9: Let's get let's get the mayor on and see. Uh, you know, since he's so willing and open to talk to you, here we go. Here's the violence. Let's talk about it.
Speaker 1: But they're prosecuting her, so I don't know that. I don't have anything to call the mara on over that. Now we see, we'll see. Well, that's why I want to know more details to figure out if they're under prosecuting her. And you know, ultimately the mayor is not the DA but still man like, if he's genuinely concerned, this should be on his radar. I agree with you. Thank you very much for the call and fireworks. Yeah, we'll hopefully talk to you soon. All right, let's stick one more in here, Jake, what's up?
Speaker 8: Hey? We are the awesome powers of America. Now we don't know what's going on here?
Speaker 1: Why are we the austin Ours in America?
Speaker 8: Because we're we've been dropped. It almost feels like we've been dropping complete because everything's advancing so fast. Probably doing all that, we've been dropping to a completely different pop culture like the snap up fingers.
Speaker 1: You know, been fast, but we don't know what's going on.
Speaker 6: And you think, but it's the.
Speaker 1: Culture that works for the younger set, so I mean, obviously they fully embrace it or movie what it is.
Speaker 8: Well, when whenever we make our movie references, they don't know what the heck we're talking about. I mean, when you think about Off the Power, that's thirty years after the sixties, the nineties, right, so now where are we at? We're just about there or we are there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a little sad when they don't when they think your movie reference, which is a legit movie reference to some sort of dad joke, I would agree with you. I told you they have no idea what so many other thirties who never know that Christmas vacation was a movie that was Yeah, I.
Speaker 8: Mean you think like you say, Mike Myers, you know all that stuff, and who's Mike Myers when they understand well.
Speaker 1: No, speaking of Shrek, that's what they did when the guy from smash Mouth died, right ross.
Speaker 8: And yeah, and nobody had any idea.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thanks for the call there, Jake. Well and so the leads here smash Mouth died. I can't remember how the thing was worded, but it's like, uh, so and I can't remember his name right now, I'm sorry, but so and so from smash Mouth from the Shrek movie.
Speaker 2: Right, No, Yeah, I think Jake's example of Austin Powers is pretty good accurate because it's like we've been frozen and it's just you get stuck in your in your.
Speaker 1: You have a Captain America shield. It's perfect.
Speaker 2: Yeah. No, it's sort of like they say, you know, whatever music you like during your high school years, that's going to be like where your music knowledge eventually is going to end. Like you might have like you know, like a decade after that, but pretty much you get stuck in that same groove.
Speaker 1: What's a Sabrina Carpenter no idea. See, he's proved your own point, no idea. Yeah, she's blonde and bubbly and bounces around. That's all that I know. Fair, yes, yeah, yeah, And I'm assuming people like her and that's fine. You can go ahead and like her. And you know what, at least I know her name because she's she's one of the top artists out there.
Speaker 2: They say, that's how you know you're getting old. If you're like walking around a grocery store and you're listening to the music they're playing above, and you're like, man, these are my jams. You are officially old the music. Yea, you're getting down to the music. Yeah, No, it's because you are now the demo of that grocery store. Right, So what you're gonna be like back when we were kids, if you were walking around the grocery store, they're probably playing music from the sixties or seventies, right, And now they're playing music from the nineties and the early two thousands.
Speaker 1: But what's even creepier is when music remember songs that during our era were problematic at the time, it's like, oh my gosh, can you believe they said that or the video had this? To mind? Now they're literally the songs they use for pharmaceutical commerce. She'll say, right, but he wants to do what like an animal test his new heart medication? What what what you test of odd animals? I'm so confused, Trent Resner, tell me what's going on? All right, we'll try to figure it all out next. Hang on. I'm just pointing out and I think that this is We've We've done a good job of highlighting this in the conversation. It's just like at some point you try to keep up with everything and then you just go, nah, not going to and I don't I think that my rubicon is going to be recognizing other than maybe the top five or six out there, because they just come up everywhere social media influencers. And that's okay. They probably you know, you talk to a twenty five year old social media influencer, they probably can't name anyone doing what I do. That's it is what it is. But it also makes you feel old as hell. Man s Idella research Ross. She actually did put a song out so that I think was her impetus, although it's h it's so I memtioned im. I mentioned she was Dominican or her family was Dominican, So I think the song was in it's the name of this Oh well, yeah, obviously it's in Spanish. Maya moore nome importa. I love myself and I don't care. So yeah, so that's I think, what what what built it there? Okay? I just I can't promise I'm going to be able to keep up, and I don't want people to think that's out of disrespect unless you do something weird like those rappers that you don't really hear about because you're not into the uh online rap scene, which is its own separate thing. And then like, the only reason you pick up on it is because in Florida they keep singing songs about how they're going to kill somebody and then they get killed that way, so it's like this weird self fulfilling destiny. That's the only reason we took interest in that story. And they were in the presidential suite at a holiday in which I didn't know was a thing, but Ross knew is the thing because he's very learned apparently. Uh so that's why we kept up with that stuff. But no, man, nowadays it's just everything you loved is a pharmaceutical commercial. But every day, what my neck, my back, I I'm Keia for osteoporosis medicaid. You you wait for it?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, it had like I think the latest one I saw was like Crra or something. It was like that or and you also hear like any Commosi, like hot Stepper and like every other ad and they remember that that song like every other murderer murder that was the hook murderer remember that. Now it's like, Hey, you want to go get milk at the store, murderer.
Speaker 1: Hey, it's tell Us for dairy Queen. My dairy queen milkshake brings all the boys to the yard because they love dairy Queen. Right, just wait for it. It's comed Ah.
Speaker 2: Is it Kellys or Keylis?
Speaker 1: I can't remember how to pronounce it.
Speaker 2: It's Kalise Khalis.
Speaker 1: Yeah, look at that. I was already on the road to No One's start.
Speaker 2: And the only reason I know that is because they did music radio. Like my music knowledge ends the year that I started this show. My music knowledge between like nineteen ninety seven and twenty eleven. Don't even challenge him, point like I should not know how to pronounce her name, but anything after that. When I joined the show in twenty eleven, there's a significant drop off. I have no knowledge of music after twenty eleven.
Speaker 1: Dude. I remember my first one of my first radio jobs once I left Wyoming. There was a really old radio announcer who was he was lost. He was doing the mornings on the AM, and as part of just how radio kind of expanded, they wanted him to voice track on the Top forty and I remember hearing a break he did and he's like Eddie Brickle next. Yeah, they just steal your childhood, monetize it and make it sad. Every pharmaceutical commercial is like a personal insult to somebody. These days. It's just like no, and they let you change the world. Oh no, come on. Then you're like, I probably needed the money for dialysis or something. But all right, let me hit on this because this is this very important stuff. Actually, it's so important. Double and a triple how about a triple break? Are you ready? For the first time in the history of this horrible, evil, racist derelict, do no good harm to all earth country? An Indian American has certified their own election.
Speaker 3: As kicking the votes for president of the United States. Are as follows Donald J. Trump of the state of Florida has received three hundred and twelve votes.
Speaker 4: M D Harris, go.
Speaker 5: Ahead, go ahead, Oh you look happy?
Speaker 1: I okay, it looks over though. That good look.
Speaker 2: Good look there.
Speaker 4: Kamala D.
Speaker 3: Harris of the state of California has received two hundred and twenty six votes.
Speaker 1: How exciting to be alive for this momentous occasion. So we found out last hour that for the first time, a woman has certified her own presidential ass kicking, and now we find out the first Indian American has certified their own presidential race aspect.
Speaker 2: Did you see this smirk on a speaker Johnson's face. Yeah, the whole ordeal, dude, that whole thing was messy yesterday. How about them going after this? That senator from Nebraska's husband, Does anybody check anything? Do you guys know what this is? So the new senator from Nebraska or her name escapes me, it doesn't matter. Her husband's there, and her husband is uh, he gets to go up for the swearing in, and he's the one who's gonna hold the Bible, and it's just it's a you know, it's a it's a conga line on this stuff. Right, She's got to swear everybody in as part of their duties as vice president. And it's pretty It's like when you're watching a graduation walk across the stage, right, shake this hand, shake that hand, grab this diploma, stop for picture, shake that hand, walk off, And that's kind of how it goes.
Speaker 1: Except the husband of the senator, who's now in between Kamala Harris and the senator, the soon to be senator she's just about to get sworn in, doesn't shake Kamala's hand, and people baft, people did zero point zero percent, like even scanning the entire photo or video and immediately like, what a maggot, what a piece of garbage. Here's the audio. Okay, so audio isn't gonna tell you much, but let me explain to you something. So there's a reason he didn't shake Kamala Harris's hand, and it's not for the reasons that are being alleged in all of these immedia takedown Oh what a monster. This is the let me read the quote here. This is the level of class you can expect from a maga. Maga anger, resentment, bitterness, civility. As a foreign land, never visit it, just on and on and on and you can see it in some of the in the video you can see it, but you can definitely see it in the video one hundred percent. But even in some of the photos, all you gotta do is look at the bottom of the photo. He has two hands. One is holding the bike. Okay, what's the other hand doing? Why the other hand is holding him up? If it wasn't evidenced enough by the way that this elderly gentleman sauntered over very slowly, very methodically, and clearly with a cane, one of those prong canes in his hands, that's why he didn't read, because if he reached out to shake her hand, he would have either had to drop the Bible or fall over. Those are his choices, and uh, nobody spent a minute trying to figure that out. He is clear. I don't know why he's walking with that can. When I say he's elderly, he's older. He's you know, he's past retirement. Age looks relatively fair. I don't know if he just had a hip replacement, he's got something. It doesn't matter. I can see the guy's got a cane, and they just they they were going to go after him over that.
Speaker 2: But you know.
Speaker 1: That's that's what you do when you don't of a crap.
Speaker 2: And you see people like, oh, well, the original poster who said at least of bad things about Maga obviously didn't see the cane, right, But then you have every one of the comments pointing out that, hey, bro, there's a cane. This old man is holding a cane, and if he shakes the hand, he's gonna drop the cane and fall over because he's ancient at that point, right, if you weren't, shouldn't wouldn't you?
Speaker 1: You're Tyler Cohen. This this weirdo podcast through I think is the original post.
Speaker 2: Yeah, at that point, don't you delete the post? I do?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would feel horror. And look, I've I've incorrectly.
Speaker 2: Called stuff, right, how can that post still be up?
Speaker 1: Well, it's getting clicks, man, and and it's and it's funny because of course he's got his blue check, so he's monetized, so he's he's willing to feed on that. Man, he probably knew in this day and age of rage, you know, rage bait who knows? Man, Oh, this guy's an idiot. With everything that I've seen. Every time I happen to be unlucky enough to scroll across one of his tweets. I mean, he's clearly plugged into the game. But yeah, yeah, drop the Bible. Can you imagine if if they senator the soon to be senator from Nebraska's husband threw a Bible on the ground, they would say throw but drop the Bible. All of a sudden, they'd be wrapped in all of their you know, their crucifixes and the like, Oh my gosh, how dairy. The guy had to hold the Bible up for his wife and the vice president to do their thing, and he had to hold himself up because that's what you do. And yet here we are with this conversation. All right, so I mentioned something here and I think this is a good litmus test if you are somebody who thinks we don't want to defund the police, but you also think that the current state of policing is bad, bad, bad, because they're just randomly out there shooting all the and then you know, insert whichever racist story you want to there, and and they say, well, what they need is they need more training, de escalation techniques, all of that stuff. Okay, Well, if you believe that, if you believe that officers who have more training, and I agree with you, by the way, are going to be better officers. And I'll give you my reasoning on this. Then why are people kicking and screaming over modernizing the training facility that the Durham Sheriff uses, not just the Durham share. A lot of times these law enforcement training facilities are used by other departments, smaller departments, who will lease them. I don't know fully the plant with the plan would be there in Durham, but yes, citizens are blocking over a proposed sixteen million dollar upgrade to the Durham County Sheriff's Office training facility, which hasn't gotten basically for decades. They haven't done anything like they don't even have running plumbing out there for a bathroom, and so they have a portable they bring out a porta potty for them. Now, is that the worst thing? I've been in a range? If you shoot, you've probably been to a range or they've got a port a potty or none at all. But if you want to have a facility due to the sheer volume of deputies that go through this, not to mention other departments which may pay you to use it, recouping some of your investment. If you honestly believe that you have no You have no sheds, garages, you have no training facilities there, and it's important that you have it. You have no running water, you have no bathrooms, you have you don't have. Maybe I don't know the level of modern that they have there from a shoot house perspective, or even if they have one, But let me tell you what. An officer who is immensely more comfortable with their firearm, because this is the part you guys are all hating on, is going to be an officer who is better at their job right, who's not getting nervous, who understand when you understand your equipment, you're so much better with it one hundred percent. Except for me, when I buy a golf club, there's just there's no fixing that. But I'll tell you what. There are handguns that I have that all fell in a lake. I don't know what happened to him that I am immensely more comfortable with. And if I was doing like a gunfighter match or something, there's no question, like I'm not running out there with my desert eagle. That's dumb. I'm not running out there with a particular rifle that I'm fighting with that doesn't like to give the brass back. I have to shave it down, probably legally of course atf So like you want this and you want them to have classroom training, you want them to have scenario training. That scenario training, when done right, is pretty incredible. I've told you one of the coolest things I got to do was go down to do some of the military scenario training. When I got to go visit down at the Air Force base there down in Goldsboro. And I'm telling you, man being able to being able to be in that scenario and one of them, and I guess maybe some of you in the military might recognize this. What are the first scenarios we're in, I don't know, some Afghani warlords, hut or whatever, and there's chaos, It's just absolute chaos. We have an interpreter there. There's a couple old elder Taliban elders screaming. He's trying to translate, and you have to in the madness, pick up on the fact that in that training scenario, your interpreter over those voices is screaming to you. He's threatening to detonate himself and you have to make a decision there to literally shoot the guy. And I, in spite of going what is going on, I actually one shot of the dude and for a moment they're like, hey, this guy might be good and then I just embarrassed myself on the other stuff. But like, you want officers to be trained in those situations, especially when you're dealing with things in Durham where officer involves shootings happen. So yes, yes, should you maybe make that investment. If you're serious that you think that training is something for police, you should and if you don't, you're a hypocrite. Okay, that's all there. You go just want to lay it out, So put your money where your mouth is. Seven forty six raced Agic. His mouth is all about snow and that's how he makes his money.
Speaker 10: Yeah the alarms, Yeah yeah, and this morning from snow yesterday in spots. Weather Service did put a statement out there may be some black ice around in areas too where we've seen the wet road services kind of freeze over temperatures down to the twenties this morning, So just take it easy out there. If you're driving you see something looks a little glassy or maybe get a little haze on it. There could be on some of the backstreets, especially a little bit of ice still occurring, but in terms of accumulating snowfall not over the next couple of days, but the chances once again get ramped up for everybody this time to see an accumulating snow event and becoming more likely too. Yes, yes, but you will go to school Friday, kids, so pass that message of long parents. The snow is probably not coming in until Friday night and on the early Saturday maybe I'm probably still yeah, they probably will. He'll do like the just in case and do that dumb remote learning. Can I say that dumb remote learning thing?
Speaker 1: I mean it's silly show.
Speaker 10: Yeah, let the kids have their day. You know, it was kind of fun back in the day. You have a snow day and you'd be able to actually have a day off, and it was fun. Let's not take all.
Speaker 1: The fun snow days. Two snow days my entire child in Wyoming, in Wyoming, I know, and we used to get and worked out so badly because by noon the visibility was one hundred percent. Again, the superintendent was getting grief for canceling school exactly, not anymore. It's like you get grief or not canceling.
Speaker 2: To this day, I can't stand the Ichabod Crane school District jump in New York because they were closed all the time, and Schenectady would always be open, like two feet of snow.
Speaker 1: You're the rich the school to school.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's that's a flashback. I knew Ray would know.
Speaker 10: I knew, yeah, m hm yeah, And yeah it's crazy because it's I can only remember like once where we had actually two days closed in a row. But again, it doesn't the facts are the facts. It doesn't show like it used to back in the day. Either in the Northeast. Maybe they'll come back, maybe not. And here, uh, it looks like the setup days are now today through Thursday and Friday. Upper thirties maybe forty degrees, overnight lows in the upper teens to low twenties, so cold mornings and little breeze Around's gonna feel even chillier the next to several days. And then clouds are thicking up Friday and low pressure coming out of Texas, I believe it or not, already winter storm watches for Dallas. We'll start spreading. The presep been west to east Friday night to Saturday, so.
Speaker 6: Still some questions.
Speaker 1: Got another day or so to sort.
Speaker 10: It all out, but it does look like the timing will be later Friday Ato Friday night amounts the opportunities there for several inches for some. It all depends on how much mixing we get. So the closer to the low pressure you're going to be trying old points south and east, maybe a little more mixing may hold totals down.
Speaker 1: But try it west.
Speaker 10: Into the mountains right now you could easily see another three four inch snow event, maybe more in some spots. So we still have got tomorrow stif got Thursday and actually Friday morning too to fine tune the forecast. But i'd start thinking about now and prepping for what looks to be maybe a Friday night and Saturday could be a little tricky to get around, so maybe, uh, I'm not gonna sound the bread and milk alert, but hey, do what you gotta do.
Speaker 1: To be prepared. Oh, here we go, all right, Yeah, and they're right.
Speaker 6: I know you'd love that.
Speaker 1: All right, thank you for that. Appreciate all right, you raced age instigator here on the Cacoday Radio program Hang on the Glass ceiling has again been shattered. Is this morning we're able to celebrate for the first time in this nation history where an African American woman has been forced to certify her own election drubbing The.
Speaker 3: Votes for President of the United States are as follows.
Speaker 4: Donald J.
Speaker 3: Trump of the state of Florida has received three hundred and twelve votes.
Speaker 1: Tamala Harris, Kamala, Oh that's you.
Speaker 5: I can head at that, oh yellow gable action.
Speaker 4: Kamala D.
Speaker 3: Harris of the state of California has received two hundred and twenty six votes.
Speaker 6: There you go.
Speaker 1: We have a witness history on this show now three times this morning, as we have now celebrated because diversity is our strength, the first African American woman to have to certify her own election, but kicking the first in an American woman to do so, and the first woman to do so, and of course the whole process yesterday, which it ran smoothly. The Democrats, I want to point this out, for the first time since the nineteen eighties didn't do one of those those you know, performative objections, you know, all the things they did forever. And then when Trump people brought up. They're like, you're an election deniron. They're like, you literally at Trump's twenty sixteen election denied it craziest, just the politics of all of it. They didn't do it. They didn't do it by design. Let's just be honest. Because they feel that this is them recapturing the moral high ground. It wasn't. Because one of the lunatics there, you know, which you know, pick your favorite lunatic didn't want to stand up there and go, I object to this for no real reason, but I object to this. And then I saw one of the right I think it was one of the Hill writers, was talking about the level of Republican cruelty to force this woman to stand there and endure this process.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they pounced, they pounced.
Speaker 1: It's her job. It's literally her job, one of the things that is her job, and actually do it.
Speaker 2: That's what you say. But if we put an old white guy in that position, would you be saying the same.
Speaker 1: Thing, Like, you mean, an old white guy who had just lost the presidential election, Like I don't know Mitt Romney or John McCain or who's the other guy I'm thinking of? Is there one more recent than that? Who had to then certify their own uh or at least a part of the process. I understand that they weren't the vice president at the time, but is there one that's more squarely on point than I'm forgetting?
Speaker 2: I mean, if he has the courage.
Speaker 1: That'd be fair. There was some debate over whether he should.
Speaker 2: But what are you talking about?
Speaker 1: The last guy, the person who you high you read rovered in and out of the house you live in right now? Are you freaking?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 1: She shouldn't have to endure this. Jd Vance was smiling. I'll tell you what I'd be smiling to. I just won the election. I don't think do you think he's personal or do you think he's just like, Hey, this is pretty cool. I'm about to be the vice president, might be the president one day. Now.
Speaker 2: It goes back to that scary d we played before the election where they said he was going to become a cyborg after after the because Trump's.
Speaker 1: Gonna die and then him and Elon are going to make themselves immortal super bean AI super beans and then just dictatorial rule. Oh you think that's why he's smiling, because he's about to be dictator for life and immortal. Which boy, pair those two things together, that gets that gets crazy town. All right, it's a possibility. Would you be excited if you knew we're about to become an AI mortal super bean.
Speaker 2: I do it, I'd be so happy, Like you'd be.
Speaker 1: The but you'd be among the first. So like you, hope they get it right right, because I mean it may not where you're kind of a test subject at that.
Speaker 2: I'll be fine. I'll be fine. And once they start multiplying and cloning myself, ah like kind that'll free up a lot of time for me.
Speaker 1: Oh, that's why you're gonna everyone's gonna pay because you don't need them to build the monuments to you. You will have yourself to do that. Well, they will be more loyal except in every movie that I've ever seen at some point. So all right, back to state politics. He would love to be an immortal super bean, but right now he's just the governor. That's Governor Josh Stein. We'll call him governor a short round until I think of something better or that sticks. Really the only thing that popped in the head. But keep in mind, Ross is very excited because now we have a governor who speaks at a normal pace, which makes dubbing stuff in easier, But it doesn't make it easier to sit there and listen to all of these great ideas he thought about on Day one the other day, which some of us have been wondering, as he held a position of power, and as his predecessor within his own party same party, held a position of power, why these are suddenly all of a sudden they're big priorities when it might have been more helpful. You know that they're literally, uh, just about to force people whose properties literally are gone and I you know how's the house is gone, the car has gone, maybe the ability to rebuild on it is gone. They wanted to remind them that they have to pay their taxes, their property taxes. You have to do it now. They're correct in saying that there is not currently a legal mechanism. My question is why, how is this not foreseeable or should If you own a piece of property, even if your house floated away, the value of the property is still the value of the property, though it doesn't have the homestead per se on it anymore. But you could rebuild it and should should they have a tax obligation? I think that's a fair question, but it's kind of crazy. We don't have a like it's this is blood from a turn up at this point. And we do tax deferral stuff all the time. We do tax abatement stuff all the time. It's one of the ways that we bribe companies to come into the state tax abatements. Right, so you know, but I get to pay the new shoe you know, some shoe factory or whatever, or an auto manufacturer. Right, they don't have to pay them money. They just have to not take their money. That's how they do these things. They go, oh, well, if you move your auto dealership auto manufacturer here, we'll give you a ten year tax abatement worth forty million dollars if you meet these hiring goals and these production goals. That's how those deals are structured. And so then when it's time to pay the taxes, they just don't pay the taxes to the state. So if we can do that, which by the way, is also a stick in the eye to every person who established, built and expanded a business in North Carolina, But that's another story for another day. You're telling me that somebody who doesn't have a home or a job or a vehicle. Maybe even now you think you think they're going to be able to stroke you a check for all those property taxes, especially because you probably have a lot of people that aren't sitting there on bank loans. It's not just coming out. They got to write that check. A lot of you out there write that check. And I've heard from a lot of you, especially with what Wake County decided to do to all of us. And I hear Joco's, you know, lubing it up down there and many others. So if you're in Buncom County and you can't even go and you can, maybe you can't even access your property now you got to pay the full square tax. I just don't know how they're going to do it. So anyway, back to governor short round, what are your right fresh ideas that nobody's thought of?
Speaker 11: With my first order on providing a limited waiver on state procurement regulations so that we can quickly increase the supply of temporary housing units on people's properties to keep them safely through the winter.
Speaker 1: Well that's a good idea, Roz. Had you heard that there were people having trouble getting the certification to put smaller homes on their properties. Had you heard any of that? Josh just did. Yeah, that's been a thing. Bro.
Speaker 11: They begin the process of rebuilding or repairing.
Speaker 1: And I don't want to be wholly negative. The stuff that he's doing here is not bad stuff, but it's either stuff that should have been done before, should have been talked about before, or is already part of what the legislature did.
Speaker 11: The second order addresses the need to urgently repair private roads.
Speaker 1: You know what, Ross, You're right, he does get right into it. Man. That has to be a pleasure editing that, dude.
Speaker 2: I'm telling you, it's a blessing.
Speaker 1: Oh, I mean there was, there's no yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Compared to Roy Cooper, you'd be like, all right, Barack.
Speaker 1: Obama was kind of bad to it, but Roy Cooper it was just so.
Speaker 2: Folksy, man, and it was so slow. In Barack Obama you'd have to cut the pauses.
Speaker 1: Out well, but you had to debate whether he cut him out. That is a real issue when when you're talking about it. So I would always disclose if we cut any out, because sometimes pauses are very meaningful and that's just his his style.
Speaker 11: Wemate Hurricane Helene damaged more than eight thousand of these.
Speaker 6: Without these bridges or roads, people.
Speaker 11: Cannot access their properties. First responders, school buses, delivery trucks, private cars cannot access affected properties. It should go without saying that when someone experiences an emergency, ambulances, fire trucks, police vehicles must be able to get to people's homes.
Speaker 1: Well, I have an interesting question on that. So is that just for hurricane victims, or let's say I don't know a riot in a community where they're blocking all the roads for justice and fiery but mostly peaceful protesting because like we have stories they remember in Missouri they literally charge it and then the UK they just give that chick ten years in jail for essentially making it impassable in an emergency situation for a ambulance. So my question is how much do you believe that. I mean, you're correct, it is a problem. It's a very unique problem due to topography and just the way the mountains work. Right, you don't have a lot easier to put roads when everything's flat. So with mountains, a lot of times you're along waterways. Is your main point of access which the roads run adjacent to and was driven in the mountains knows this. And then if there's a bunch of flooding, that's obviously going to be very impacted. So all right, continue.
Speaker 11: That's why I'm directing the Director of Division of Emergency Management, Will Ray.
Speaker 1: You're directing the director.
Speaker 11: That's a flex to quickly procure the services of bridge and road builders to get to work repairing these private bridges and roads.
Speaker 1: Now, what about people from West Virginia who build roads? Oh, not those guys, okay, all right, not those roads, okay, to be clear.
Speaker 11: The third order, it's a dedicated group within my office focusing on coordinating our all of state government approach to respond to the emergency. The Governor's Recovery Office for Western North Carolina. We are calling it grow and see.
Speaker 1: Great here and I would lull And here's what I mean this. If you set up something that is robust, and you know it can't be a standing thing, but is robust enough to be able to kick in when is needed, that'd be great. Because your predecessor and you, to some extent now walking in are dealing with victims of hurricanes from eight years ago that still don't have houses built out that they were promised and in fact, your predecessor had to fire the person in charge because she was so inept at it. So I hope whatever this is UH provides a more nimble opportunity to help people. But again, you can't go back and race the part where you were never critical of these huge things that people were seeing. You just went along to get along because you don't want to damage your party's brand. People remember it.
Speaker 11: Additionally, it establishes a division of Community Revitalization within the Department of Commerce to address long term housing construction and community resilience.
Speaker 1: Wait, so what does that mean? What do you mean long term housing construction? You mean projects and stuff, right, because you're not talking about When you say housing construct you're not talking about helping people get their homes back. You're talking about that feels multi family for days the way that you're describing it. Right there, sir.
Speaker 11: The fourth formalized actually are already established Advisory Committee on Western North Carolina Recovery, comprised of business, government and civic leaders from across Western North Carolina to ensure that we do this critical work.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 1: Is it across political spectrums too?
Speaker 3: Or?
Speaker 1: All right? One more, one more, you got one more? You got one more in your short round. Okay, here we go.
Speaker 6: The fifth order I will direct.
Speaker 11: I have directed the State Office of Human Resources to authorize state employees to use sixteen additional hours of community service leave.
Speaker 6: To meet the needs of the people of western North Carolina.
Speaker 11: I encourage state employees to continue volunteering their time with local governments and nonprofit organizations to help their neighbors and need.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, so there you go. There is his day one. Here's what we're doing stuff. And again there's some stuff in there that, if it's done right, is necessary. And I hope that he accomplishes it. And I hope that, you know, the next natural disaster that hits North Carolina, I don't have to sit here on the radio fishing through all of the videos and stories that emerge while you're screaming that it's all fake. Oh if people are exaggerating knowing that it's not, let me ask you a question. You you guys know somebody who one of their family members went missing. They never found that person, right to your knowledge.
Speaker 2: That's correct. Yeah, it's very sad.
Speaker 1: It's a incredible I don't I'm not going to dig it all these but like there's a lot of those stories out there. And while I'm not saying that Josh Stein could have on that day done anything, what I'm pointing out is there was a lot more going on, and so when you were downplaying it, or when Biden was down here going I just talked to everyone. They said, it's great boy. Did you hear him screaming at reporters the other day? But he gives zero f's on the way out. And I don't know, maybe it'll be amusing, but holy cow, is out here part or clemency murderers letting dudes out of Guantanamo so they can go get back to their life and o man, which is what they do. As we know, when you release people from Guantano, they go right back open falafel shops and stuff. It's fine. Oh, all the berg doll guys went back to terrorism. Okay, I stand corrected, so I hope. But the glaring lack of anything profound in advocating for your own state didn't go unnoticed. We all saw it. It's all gross, okay, all right? Eight eight eight nine three four seven eight seven four. Coming up on the show I Love by the way, one of my favorite and we didn't talk about it yesterday. Ross, when you saw Donald Trump talk about getting Greenland Canada and joking about Panama right as we went into.
Speaker 2: Vacation, did you laugh a little?
Speaker 1: Did you have a little sense of humor?
Speaker 2: I mean I cheered.
Speaker 1: A lot of people did not find humor in the situation, and many of those people are Canadian. But that's fine. I understand that. And some of them are showing out performatively, which is that's fine by me. It's funny because you have some national pride but also some interesting points. And the irony is I actually flew over the Panama Canal and landed in panel. It's part of my vacation. So hm hm hmmm. All right, we'll be back to talk about it. Hang on, where he's announcing that meta or Facebook is going to go to community notes versus fact checkers. But did you see the actual Visia video of Zuckerberg? Hang on, send this over to you.
Speaker 6: You know I've seen it.
Speaker 1: Oh you have to, Okay, I was just you know, you know, Mark Cuban looked like he was turning into either Rachel Maddow or Rosie o'donnald or whatever. Mark Zuckerberg looks like he's turning into Mark Cuban, turning into Rosio o'donald, who's turning into Rachel Maddow. This guy's got his own Hawaiian Island bro. What's the chair? The shirt? The chair. I'm not a fashionista, but I'm not a no man.
Speaker 2: I don't I don't think it's a bad that he's becoming like more of a human being because he used to look like an alien with no personality, and now he's growing out his hair, and he's been out with the MMA guys, and he's been surfing and.
Speaker 1: Dana White, by the way, if you guys don't know, Dana White's now on the metal board.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I mean, he's he's done like a one to eighty.
Speaker 1: But is it? Is it just Cya or do you think because I always got the reado off Zuckerberg that politics didn't interest him much because he was just like if he's even remotely close to the personality portrayed in that Social Network movie, which I believe he is. But those lawsuits are they were reading verbati from him?
Speaker 2: Reminds me of the study. I'm sure you've seen the study where they showed that that people like men who lack testostero and tend to go more to the left. Yes, yes, And it seems like since he started going to the gym and taking care of himself, he seemed to become more based.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but he's posted videos of him longboard surfing in a tuxedo drinking a beer.
Speaker 2: I mean that's funny.
Speaker 1: I mean it is. Yeah, again, I don't have a beef. Where my problem with Zuckerberg lies is when they could jole him into Zuckbucks. You know where they're out they're manipulating elections stuff.
Speaker 2: I don't I think certain. I mean, you could say that it's just because Trump won, but he was showing these signs before the election, a year or so before the election.
Speaker 1: Is it just the billionaire version of what normal people ended up having to do where they had to hide there who they really were. And I don't know they feel that they're free to say.
Speaker 2: It might just be a matter of the natural evolution. A person tends to go towards right, where when they're younger, they tend to be more.
Speaker 1: Blue and yeah, you're young, you don't have a heart, blah blah blah.
Speaker 2: Right, and then they get older and they get you know, more life experience and to become more red.
Speaker 1: They're like, oh, those people are drifters. Yeah, yeah, that's not working. Case in point, there's a you're not gonna hear a bunch of this in the in the the media today. Do you know they just released one of those big, big, big studies on guarantee basic income that they did in California. So Compton, California was the host of one of the big ones, and so they did it for years, and so they just put this out, actually put it. They put it out within the you know, the academic elite back in November. But now we're finally getting more details on this. All right, So here's how it worked in in Compton. Hold on, it's really they got to open it on this because it's in a Twitter thread. Twitter makes it hard now with when you do the links there if it doesn't go to the app. Sorry, woefully unprepared.
Speaker 2: All right, here we go.
Speaker 1: So the study Ross, you haven't seen this study at all. I haven't sent it to you, so I want you to guess what happened. Okay, So the study, which lasts for two years in Compton, California, gave five hundred dollars per month to seven hundred households, and then they had a control group of double that actually fourteen hundred, So they didn't get money, but they tracked their spending within their households and they watched the evolution of it. So what do you think happened these seven hundred households that were given five hundred dollars per month? Do you think because they're the option is they quit all their work and they just try to live off five hundred. They combine it with social services that may already exist but continue to work, or they use it to transform away from social services. Or the fourth one is they keep all of it, but then they work extra because they see a pathway to maybe getting rich. All right, which one of those four scenarios do you think they?
Speaker 2: I think they invested in bitcoin and they you know, kept denying their portfolio and they diversified their bonds.
Speaker 1: They did invest in something. It was not bitcoin though it is a type of currency. Though. Do you know what the largest as a percentage of budget. As a percentage of budget, the largest increase in spending was on cigarettes, which if you're in prison, you know people with those. Yeah, so what happened. There was a few things that happened. One the one positive they said is there was more house housing security, but it's very marginal, right, so people were less likely to default on the rent, maybe get a victim, okay, But after that it was nothing but bad. Here's the net effect, and it was wholly predictable. Basically, what happened is, well, people who were working first full time, right, who were out there busting their ass working full time, put in the hours, just trying to scrape by living in California, which ungodly expensive. It really didn't have a ton of impact on them, although they did get more cigarettes. But the majority of the households it had a double digit labor market participation rate deficit, so thirteen percent thirteen percentage points, and it mostly impacted homes where people we're part time workers, So people who weren't even out there having a full job actually worked less and as a result, their net monthly income dropped on average three hundred dollars. Think about that, You've just been given five hundred dollars additional and you're you're bringing in less money still.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because they're going to just stop working.
Speaker 1: Because they stopped working you're absolutely right. They said, why am I going to this crappy job? Even if it's for thirty hours a week, Chances are probably not a good job when you're doing it because it's entry level and you're just like, what they're giving me five hundred dollars, why should I show it for work? And so you had people that just dipped out, and then that'splayed the average because not everyone did, but enough did that it saw labor participation drop thirteen percent. Well what the hell we're sitting here and we're having all these conversations about, well, we don't have enough Americans to do these jobs and blah blah blah. Well maybe we do, but maybe you've incentivize them not to work, which is the damn predictable thing that we talked about. And again, it didn't impact everybody, And good on those folks who looked at that opportunity and said, I'm gonna get five hundred additional dollars, I'm gonna keep busting my ass. Maybe I'll take on some more, maybe I'll actually invest in something or you know, maybe buy a home or whatever. But I'm gonna this is gonna be a net positive for me. But the idea that you'd get an extra five hundred dollars coming in and then you would work eight hundred dollars less, essentially, which in California is not as big of a number if you think about it, considering the minimum wage out there's what twenty five dollars. I don't know how you call that a success. And they're running around like does a success? This was just published by the National Bureau of Economic Research, which is out of Harvard. I think, yeah, I did all these studies. That's that's human nature. Though. This is what we talk about here on the show. If you're a politician and you never process human nature. It's like Barack Obama when he adjusted, he actually screwed me on this. Initially, when Barack Obama first adjusted what it means to be a part time employee, I was still thirty eight and a half hours for thirty nine hours for whatever reason they wanted thirty eight and a half. It was just in the very first part of it. But when he was talking about by Obamacare, I had transitioned. But had I still been in that role and not a full time employee by then, what would have happened is what happened to the other part time employees where they now work twenty nine hours a week, and Barack Obama go up there and you'd be like, Oh, they're so evil, they're just evil. Well, no, you just reset what is a process that they're using right now. We can debate whether you know, having that many part time employees is a good corporate thing to do, and whether it makes them a good corporate thing, but that's in so so many instances that's part of the process. And so you literally rob those people of ten hours where they wanted to work. I would have been I would have been I was gnashing the teeth at thirty eight for that little because when I first came to iHeart, it was part time for just a little while, having left a full time because I wanted to move up a market. We're up quite a few markets actually, So yeah, people didn't work. Well, it shocker. Give the money to Ross and I. We'll do these studies for you. We won't actually do anything because they're obvious, but we'll tell you what it would be. We got you, We got you on this, and we're not delusional, we're not insane, We're not like, did you see the Democrats holding the memorial services for January sixth yesterday. These people are unbearable both at the cat I mean politicians. Here's Skeem Jeffries, and what you can't see in this thing is Sakeem Jeffries when he says this thing, which is going to drive you mad if you're a logical, rational person, what would the extra screw you? Cherry on top is Chuck Schumer standing kind of in that little gaggle there, and when he says it, Schumer bows his head in prayer. Uh, it's vomiting.
Speaker 4: January sixth, two thousand and twenty one is a day that will forever live in infamy.
Speaker 1: F you a thousand times over. What are you talking about? You wouldn't vote Pearl Harbor. You invoke Japanese FAFO day. Screw you. No, it's a day that'll live an infamy. No, you don't get to do that. And of course you have Jefferys doing it, Pelosi was doing it. Schumer did his own thing. I'm not going to play all their audio. Meanwhile, the idiots in the media, like Sonny Hostin, houstin whatever over at the view, I mean, listen to this garbage. She was spewing yesterday.
Speaker 12: I think we need to find moral clarity, you know, in this country. And I just remember after January sixth, you had someone like Mitch McConnell placing the blame on January sixth, where it belonged squarely on Donald Trump's shoulders, and then you started seeing people backtrack that and losing their moral center. You had country or or.
Speaker 1: You said, people going, hey, why don't I listen to what Donald Trump said and read what he tweeted, and they went, I don't think that's you. You guys are lying. I think maybe that's what it was.
Speaker 12: Slesa Rice, I believe on this very show saying you know, we need to move on from January sixth.
Speaker 1: I say, whether they saw that letter signed by the mayor of Washington, d C. Telling the Trump administration, who had offered National Guard troops that they didn't want them. They didn't want anything from you, Cheeto'lini and Belosi following suit, because they themselves were the two mechanisms for making that happen.
Speaker 12: Yeah, people saw that, No, you don't move on because January sixth was an atrocity. It was one of the worst moments.
Speaker 4: In American history SEELDS platinum.
Speaker 12: When you think about the worst moments in American history, you know, like things that happened like the Holocaust, chattel slavery, and.
Speaker 1: I mean this and it's crazy. How is the Holocaust the worst thing in American history? I understand that there's American I mean, obviously we're part of the story of World War two, but holy crap, man, Yeah, it was just on and on. Oh look at a clode. I'm sorry, raced ag. I scare everybody, but you only have forty five seconds to do it.
Speaker 10: So, but as the rest of the week would be cold till about Friday, timing and how much still in question, So we've got a few days to talk about it. Plenty of sun until then, upper thirties, low forties during the day, a little bit twenties at night. Some may sneak into teams, especially the further west you go. And as we get into Friday, probably second part of the day into Friday night, we'll start seeing that chance for wintery priests. But it does look like accumulating snow for many many of us, and it does look like it will stick because depatures in the ground are going to be cold, and we do have an opportunity for several inches, especially from the triad at west, even at a triangle. I think some stow will see how much mixing we get. Much more on that tomorrow and the rest of the week.
Speaker 1: All right, thank you, sir, appreciate it. All right, we'll come back with Jeff Bellinger next. Hang on, Good morning.
Speaker 13: Casey stocks started the week with a mixed session. The ADAO was slightly lower yesterday. The other major indices were higher. Right now, the futures are higher across the board. S and P futures up fourteen. The Nasdaq futures are up twenty two. The Dow futures are up one hundred twenty two points. We saw Fubo shares jumping more than two hundred and fifty percent yesterday. Walt Disney announced its Hulu Plus live TV streaming service will be merged with Fubo TV. The Consumer Financial Protection Board has announced new rules to help people who incur medical debt. Most unpaid medical bills will not appear on credit reports, and that means consumers with otherwise good credit records will not see their credit ratings suffered a suffering because of doctors' bills. No wonder how hunters have so few homes to choose from. In some markets, Redfinn commissioned a survey of homeowners and more than a third of them said they will never sell their home. More than a quarter of the respondents said they intend to stay put for at least ten years. Used luxury watches are on sale for anyone who happens to be in the market. Bloomberg's subdial watch Indecks tracks the prices of time pieces from Rolex Patek Philippe and other watchmakers fifty models in all, and prices fell last year to the lowest level in three years. In case technology has come to the backyards of bird watchers, companies like bird Buddy and Birdfi will be showing off their latest camera equipped bird feeders at the Consumer Electronics Show. These feeders create photos that can be downloaded and shared with other enthusiasts through social media.
Speaker 1: Jeff I got an email pitch from your employer yesterday saying that Bloomberg's now offering entertainment minutes. Are you aware of this?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 1: I am? Are you? Is there a possibility you could be doing like oscar breakdowns for us? Well?
Speaker 2: It won't be me, my colleague.
Speaker 1: No, no, it's it no't me, one.
Speaker 13: Of my colleagues will be doing them.
Speaker 1: We wanted you telling us what happened to the Golden Globes or Ross, and I don't have to watch.
Speaker 2: It, so all right, And I was so excited.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, okay, we'll try harder next time. Thanks, Jeff, all right, take care. Oh dude, I told Ross about that. I didn't even have to finish explaining it to him. It's like, yes, yes, yeah, we'll go ahead do that. Oh, it's sad. It's somebody else, Jeff doing a dress rundown. I don't know. I'm not picking on Jeff. I just it's the whole consummate news guy and then the entertainment side.
Speaker 6: That's all