Speaker 1: Hey everybody, it's Tuesday, December second, twenty twenty five. Welcome to the Giant BombCast. I am your host, jan Oh cho adjoining me as always co captain of the ship. That's right, he's ready to scan every single thing, but he's only ready to scan it in the vicinity of a Walmart. Jeff Crubb that's.
Speaker 2: Right, because I can't play it at home yet. But I gotta say, and I mean it's in a positive way. Sandman seems like a wrestler who should definitely be dead right by now?
Speaker 3: Oh oh yeah, I mean mostly you see, the ravens should.
Speaker 2: Be yeah, yeah, even alone on him dead you know. Yeah, you can take the average events of all their lives and like put it into an algorithm like equals dead.
Speaker 1: I can already feel someone emailing the saddest quiz in the world of this wrestler dead or not, and I will and be sad.
Speaker 4: I don't know. I forgot Hogan was dead.
Speaker 3: I did forget Hogan was dead.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well that gives you a little bit of joy remembering that he is dead. Yeah, I guess sucked our own raven of the podcast. That's right, he's hanging from the rafters. He's got flannels tied around his waist, He's sticking his arms out as a t pose.
Speaker 4: Definitely, I am the raven of the group for sure. It goes without saying. I've got a lot to talk about up at the top here, mostly Aaron grievances. But we can introduce the rest of the program.
Speaker 2: Wait, Mike, you're Billy Kidman.
Speaker 4: Billy Kidman. Oh I remember? Okay, that's coming back to me a little bit, Jane.
Speaker 3: I'll let you pick whoever I am from UCW. I would offer I'm probably the blue meanie you blue Media, I feel like you.
Speaker 1: No, not Stevie Richards.
Speaker 3: I really if Grub is Sandman Backler's raven, I'm not Tommy Dreamer, He's no blame.
Speaker 1: Yeah I was. I was thinking Tommy Dreamer, but that doesn't fit.
Speaker 3: Oh, I think Richard naughty Manati is Mikey whipwreck?
Speaker 4: Sure, okay like that? For some reason? Why is this so easy?
Speaker 1: Who else is? Who else is in?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: Do you do you just want to be Bubba? No?
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't want to be Bubba Ray No that and then we'll know I do want to You're.
Speaker 1: Okay? All right there we go.
Speaker 3: Okay, you're you're Jerry Lynn Jan smoke.
Speaker 4: No, that's the just thing anyone's ever said to me today. My brother's AOL screen name had the letters r v D in it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, hell yeah, have the numbers four twenty in it.
Speaker 1: No comment, no rv.
Speaker 2: D, vegeta for twenty.
Speaker 4: That's a real screen name, right there, Camil case Xes for sure.
Speaker 3: The sa oh no, no you're not.
Speaker 1: I don't want you to be, brother, I don't.
Speaker 3: Want to Yeah is grub Shane Douglas take that back was as lame as fuck.
Speaker 1: Uh and last, but certainly not at least rounding out the cast today, Uh, mister five stars himself, mister Monday Night Dan, Right, Kurt, we'll just go into rb FS. Yeah, here we go, Yeah, yeah, yeah, there we go. Yes, how's it going, Jerry? Uh fantastic. I'm never going to retire. The bad boy of games media is off somewhere in the Rainforest Cafe. We wish him the best. He's out an assignment. You'll know, ever, guess where he is.
Speaker 2: It these days?
Speaker 1: I feel like Minatti when he's upset. He spaghetti is taz. Oh yeah, I like that. That's good. That man threatened to kiss me while we were in Jersey together.
Speaker 3: I mean he did put me in a choke hold while in a Grimace suit.
Speaker 1: Did we make a mistake? Well with what yeah?
Speaker 2: You know, with you know, I talk lawyer company.
Speaker 1: What I can do? Yeah, yeah, I mean he's already crossed how many HR thresholds he threatened and physically assaulted you.
Speaker 3: It's the only time I've been physically assaulted by someone A giant bomb.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think he was involved in my kidnapping person.
Speaker 3: There's no way to prove that.
Speaker 1: H There's no way to prove that.
Speaker 2: I think so though, folks.
Speaker 1: Thank you for listening to the Giant BombCast. The site is frozen for this week. That's right, from December first to the fifth site will be frozen so as Chuck migrates everything over to the new website. And for folks that have participated in the premium site beta, y'all know that the new site just works. And speaking from a user perspective of someone that enters in a lot of stuff and I'll speak for Sean here, it is so much easier to do it on the new website. So shouts out to Chuck. Everyone, everyone, I would like to see I fuck with Chuck out there, because Chuck is doing the back breaking labor of not only building a new website but transporting everything over. The wiki will still be under construction, and you at home can help out with the wiki. If you go to BombCast dot com slash wiki, you can help there. Or if you join the Giant Bomb discord look for the wiki Street Team Discord channel and you can help Chuck out with getting the wiki up and running other housekeeping things. Shouts out to our homies at main Gear, main gear dot com slash Giant Bomb. Go bye Black Friday PC. The Black Friday deals still going.
Speaker 4: I don't know Black Friday right, that's that's back cyber Tuesday.
Speaker 1: Every time I hear BFCM read BFCM, I think it's something in approp pro but maingear dot com slash John Bomb. Go go buy yourself a face plate. You know. Don't buy Mike's though, go buy everyone else's.
Speaker 4: Yeah, buy one you would use.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's one that worships the devil and pinball or as.
Speaker 3: The macho man on it or you know, wrestler person. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I had to be cynical, but when Mike was having his health scares with his dogs. Do you think he was trying to juice his his sales because pennies on the face plate of his computer. He's like, oh, if everyone thinks she's sick, I can like because we got better miraculously, like a half an day later.
Speaker 4: Same day. As much as I would love to believe that Mike is as sadistic as your scenario portrays him.
Speaker 2: To me, machiavellian is how I would.
Speaker 4: Yes, yeah, that would be a wild swing from a man and not well.
Speaker 1: I mean you can see proudly displayed behind him in all of his shots, is like forty eight laws of power or rules of power or whatever. That Yeah, the sun Zoo, it's the other one that's.
Speaker 4: All the time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Yeah, he's on that whole manosphere, manosphere, blog circuit or.
Speaker 1: Whatever it's called. He's that type. Yeah, that's exactly what Taz would do. You know, that's true. Other bit of housekeeping gang, we thought we'd peel back the curtain, give y'all a peek behind the scenes and let y'all know that uh majority of the gang will not be going over to Los Angeles for the Game Awards. We will still be having a talk over remotely over the Game Awards show itself. I will be heading boots to the ground, be there in person. So many friends at the website or people in the industry that want to hang chill say what's up secretly split a buzz ball. I got you. But we will be heading back to Main Gear to hoard our Game of Year podcast. Those should be fingers crossed dropping the week of December twenty second until Crimis, so you'll get yourself a little Crimis gift of Game of the Year from Giant bomb us over here and the whole gang will be headed to the Main Gear. So that is these four hooligans here, myself, Grub Jurff, Dan, Mike, Benaughty will also be there, Chuck will be there, and Turbo Shawn Sean McDowell will be there. We'll get the whole gang, the whole band back together.
Speaker 3: Where crimes were committed last time.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 4: I don't even know which one you're referring to. I can pluralize that I should have noticed that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, well.
Speaker 1: It took I'm still thinking, and I don't know which crimes you're specifically mentioned to be. Anything else that was accurate to say, mister backlaar, you mentioned you had some grievances to air.
Speaker 4: How do I follow a cavalcade of important announcements with my bullshit?
Speaker 1: That's what we do on the show.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, folks, if you bought a candle called eighties rock, what do you think?
Speaker 2: Real quick? I wouldn't do that.
Speaker 3: Okay, fine, that's a weird thing to do.
Speaker 1: Regardless of how I came to own sandal would.
Speaker 4: Okay, fair, it's a loveless fragrance. I okay, I know no one would ever do. You're all so fucking cool. I get it, chat, You're amazing. You would never do something like come to a choir an eighties candle. It's an eighties rock and I'm like, it found its way into my office. So I was like, all right, I'll light this yesterday, and I lit it, and I cannot even begin to describe to you, cherry Pie, that's more right with the hair spray, like.
Speaker 2: Like the obvious one that is like actual hairspray.
Speaker 3: That's what you think of with eighties rock?
Speaker 4: Okay, but is that a thing you want to smell in a candle?
Speaker 3: Err booger flavored jelly bellies just because they make something that doesn't mean its supposed to be good.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but my point my point, But my point guys is that like they make other really good sense that you want your house to smell like, well, then buy.
Speaker 3: One that says strawberry and that when it says eighties rock, I just like it should have smelled like cocaine.
Speaker 4: Or something more than ha. Well, I guess yeah, I just I couldn't understand, like, really, you're gonna like hair spray is the thing that you're like, oh, open a window. You're never like, oh fill that with filled my lungs with that?
Speaker 3: What were you thinking it was going to smell like?
Speaker 4: I was between expectations, but I was more interested in what it was going to be because I was like, maybe the it does somehow remind me of like Twisted Sister and those types without actual you know.
Speaker 3: You want tonder.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean that's fine. I'd rather smell like that whatever that is. Maybe it's just like Long Island Musk.
Speaker 2: Drop the Rock. What would what would the eighties smell like? It would smell like, it would smell like cocaine and voting for Ronald Reagan?
Speaker 4: Right, malls, maybe malls the inside of a mall like a Ghostbuster's Action figure. No Nickelodeon gack smell like nineties gak book. Okay, so that could be the nineties candle. Fine, but the nineties candle actually smells them. Okay, here's the thing. Now, I'll book end it with the other thing. The ninety is there there. They make another kindle called Nineties Mixtape, and that ship smells amazing. It's you want to put it all over your body.
Speaker 3: It's why why are you buyd what do you do?
Speaker 4: You would say, like candles? She buys candles. She's like, oh, try this. It's all it's harmless. It's it's victimless crimes. Here.
Speaker 1: I like a good candle.
Speaker 4: Yeah, candles, candles rule. This one's called this one's called black Sharpie, and it smells like.
Speaker 3: You know, yeah, when Ylan locking in that closet, it was just candles and crystals.
Speaker 1: I was just covered.
Speaker 2: A video game sent me a candle for their game. It was that total Chaos game and I'm like, okay, so I didn't light it, but it definitely smelled like, I don't know, like something a video game would send me.
Speaker 4: The war Frame. Candles smell good, smelled are those are great?
Speaker 3: I'm just saying, like the scenter wasn't named warframe it right, but sandal wood or something.
Speaker 2: Well, no, it was war.
Speaker 4: It was like it was like a sub yeah, like universe.
Speaker 1: What's that? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Ten scent. This is also like, you know, this isn't like a novelty candle place. It's not like jokes on you. This one's farts. You know.
Speaker 2: In some ways every candle place is a novelty candle place. They all start getting into bullshit since really fast.
Speaker 4: But I like the goods. I like like teak wood, mahogany, and that's one they made and it's amazing quick owners meeting.
Speaker 2: Uh, it's kind of a failure on his part that we haven't had a giant bomb candle at this point, right.
Speaker 1: Oh, we should do.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but you gotta like develop a scent. That's like I bet they have off the shelf once you could slap a.
Speaker 3: Have you seen the Nathan for you where they have the poop flavored yogurt and he goes to the place where they just make the like poop essence and you can just into whatever, Like we just got to go to that place and put.
Speaker 4: It in candles. Yeah.
Speaker 1: But here's where I'm gonna be a little bit uppity. If we sell a giant bomb candle. I wanted to smell noise, you know, I want? I want. It's not gonna be a joke. Yeah, also do it. I would love a wood wick. Y'all ever light a woodwick candle.
Speaker 4: Woodwicks are nice, but they but I think they then Jan he's sound like a candle connoisseur, like minded individually myself here, Bud. The problem with wood wicks is that they crackled sometimes and it could be a fire has and I don't and I don't like. You don't like the you hear crack and sometimes they like scares me, like I'll have one burning next to me. I'm like, what the fuck was that? Like some campfire thing. I think we should offer both. I think we should offer both.
Speaker 1: Okay, a single wick person or a tri wik person?
Speaker 4: What about the duo wick?
Speaker 1: Whoa whoa? I normally skip that option. I go free.
Speaker 4: I'm a solo wick boy.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 4: That's that's how I uh, that's how I roll.
Speaker 1: Folks look forward to the feature where back Laura and I learned to make candles and Dan develops the sense.
Speaker 3: I tried last time I tried to light a candle. Jan, I'm sending you photos in the discord right now.
Speaker 1: What do you mean?
Speaker 3: It was for Bank's birthday and I got a little cake thing, and you have pictures now, Jan, do what you will with those. Where is this and it's in the general and discord. And I tried to time it when she was getting off work. We lived in New York, and I was trying to time it from when she got back from the subway. So I lit like thirty something candles or whatever on this little cake, and I timed it really poorly, so by the time she got home, all of the candles had completely melted and the entire cake was covered in wax.
Speaker 4: Okay, I mean, yeah, I think that's.
Speaker 1: Getting the photos. I don't mess with fire.
Speaker 2: You got it, Jan, because I could bring it up for you.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, I got it. I got it.
Speaker 4: So you you like, after a certain period of time you were on like, I should just blow these out and then maybe light them again.
Speaker 3: I guess I didn't consider that you can relight them. I've never done.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, you could do that, like you just them Okay.
Speaker 3: I never did know they were want to multiple time use Yeah, okay, no, I don't say that. Wait, don't say it makes me. It makes sense now that I think about it. I just never considered it prior.
Speaker 4: Yeah, don't say out loud on the internet. I didn't know you could relat a candle.
Speaker 1: Don't say that.
Speaker 2: You can't ever tell anyone that. Dan all right, I won't tell me.
Speaker 1: You can't cut us out? Yeah all right?
Speaker 4: Candle burning candles inside your house?
Speaker 2: I guess you know it's one of those things where you like glanced at a headline once or like that's not healthy, and I'm like, yeah, it's probably not, and I don't like candles all that much, so I just won't.
Speaker 4: I won't do that.
Speaker 2: But you guys seem to be really into candles. Can you think it's worth it? Yeah? Nice when I go in people's houses that.
Speaker 1: In the seasons. If you're worried about candle burning, you can get yourself a candle warmer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right, that's the news tech, right, or probably like fifteen years old at.
Speaker 1: This point, but yeah, when lamps, yeah, it's like a little heat lamp and you'll still get the smell of the wax melting, right, still melting and everything, but you don't have to worry about actual live fire.
Speaker 2: I probably just need like a window open, is what people are saying.
Speaker 4: That makes sense, right, Candles are so when Chad is saying candles are bed for for pets, what are we what are we talking? What are the implications I need to know? Inquiring minds.
Speaker 1: Additionally, I had a friend that used to light a candle in his car in the evening. Oh, that's the smell out.
Speaker 2: Well, that's that's just fancy. Like, yeah, I'm sure it was like a Rolls Royce, right, and it was like meant to have a candle holder and stuff.
Speaker 1: No, I'll tell you what to corolla.
Speaker 3: Okay, stink bomb off in my mom's car when I was in junior high and it's just like it gets up in the stuff and the seats and everything, and then it's your car that smells like firts for weeks.
Speaker 2: And yeah, yeah you had have you had you used a stink bomb before this?
Speaker 3: This was your first insult. I'm insulted by that question. Yeah that I just wanted to like establish the fact I bought and used in my life. Yeah, I'm prosecuting you now, I want to. I wanted to establish the facts the moment I realized there was a little glass vial you could buy at the stupid shop S T O O P I D and late that Kansas and then you just like crush it under your foot and then suddenly an entire building can smell like farts. I was obsessed with them that ship. It was crazy.
Speaker 1: It was what you saying.
Speaker 2: You knew the effects going into this. You had to, like, I guess maybe you didn't think about consequences when you were like, oh.
Speaker 3: And stuff, But like, I don't know if just the ventilation stuff made it not smell as long. So I figured out my mom's car, and it's gonna be stinky for a day and then it's done.
Speaker 2: All the stick bombs I've encountered are so futuriate and so strong. The idea of setting off's car feels like an.
Speaker 4: Actual crime, like a crime, like a war crime.
Speaker 1: What season of the year did you do this, Dan, I don't remember that. I don't know it was in summer. I was going to say if it was winter, then you couldn't drive with the windows down because it'd be too cold.
Speaker 6: Oh that air out, Yeah, yeah, yeah, I got one more grievance, please griev Hell yeah, I I I posted last night because it was I was.
Speaker 4: It stayed with me in a way that I just like did. I was sort of stun locked, like a thing happened to me over the weekend.
Speaker 1: I was.
Speaker 4: I was. I was at a place. I was like at a candy store and it was empty and presumably I don't know if it was the owner wherever. It was seemingly nice lady it was you know, cold at the shore. Was down at the shore. She commented on my Hat's like, oh you got a really nice hut or it was like yeah. I was like, oh this, thank you, it's nice.
Speaker 1: Look.
Speaker 4: We gotta protect our heads, especially with all that Wi Fi out there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, hell yeah.
Speaker 4: I kind of like didn't know what to do.
Speaker 1: Oh you don't go to Kansas often, do you?
Speaker 4: No, I've only been to Kansas once and that was like twenty years ago. They didn't have four chance Yeah yeah or Wi Fi, like I genuine you know, and I my first thing was like a hysterical laugh out loud because I'm like, oh this she's just joshing like we're just having fun here to adults who presumably like paid attention growing up a little bit. And then she's like, I'm serious. She like stopped me laughing and said, no, I'm serious. Oh and I didn't you know, I guess I'm not really interested in like making fun of these people anymore because it's more sad than it is like an opportunity for comedy.
Speaker 3: Well, and it's not just like, oh, oh, this one lovable wacko over here. It's just like, oh, this is just wide swaths of people you run into.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and she's obviously in the minority. I mean, like, you know, no serious, but.
Speaker 2: This it permeates like through all. Like this is also not like a class thing. This isn't like, oh, some uneducated idiot thinks this because there are rich, famous, educated people who have all kinds of similar stuff.
Speaker 4: I remember like thinking it was really weird.
Speaker 2: And yes, man, when Jim Carrey was holding the cell phone, he would take his finger like this and put it on his head and hold the phone out here, and I'm like, why does he hold the phone like that? And I kind of looked into it a little bit, and it's like, because he thinks the phone is going to give him a brain tumor.
Speaker 3: Wait wait, wait was that the character in yes Man? I haven't seen the movie, or is that just Jim Carrey? It was the character and yes Man, but the yes Man had no reason to do it. Jim Carrey himself, the character didn't. Wasn't like he was car Yes. Yeah, Jim Carrey holds it that way as well.
Speaker 4: I think that tracks a little bit with.
Speaker 3: We would hear that though, Like I mean, it was very common when I was growing up that people said that about like microwaves, So you don't stand near the microwave when it's doing his thing.
Speaker 1: Did you guys have that?
Speaker 4: Well, Michael waves have shielding in them, like right, but people are like the microwave and stuff. Well that was my point, you know. I sat there, I'm like, what do you think the fucking sun is? Like I didn't even like, I didn't even I wasn't trying to be condescending. I was just sort of saying like, oh, sweetie, you you know. I didn't call her a little dumb idiot. I was just like, hey, you know, if you think Wi Fi is problematic, like what do you think is coming out of that big old star in the middle of the solar system and like you do have to protect your head from that, Like yeah, And then I'm like, wait a minute, does she think beanies protect heads from Wi Fi impenetrable?
Speaker 1: Yeah, just it's the type of knitting that happens at a beanie. That's why I'm always wearing mink rights.
Speaker 2: It's hex clad. Yeah, that's really x clan.
Speaker 4: I just don't know what to do anymore.
Speaker 1: I just don't like jets.
Speaker 3: I wasn't trying to be condescending the Jeff Becklar story.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no.
Speaker 1: Almost. No.
Speaker 4: First of all, I readily admit ninety percent of the time, Yes, that is what I'm deliberately trying to do. Everyone knows that, of course. Uh, But in this moment, it was more like, I don't know. I felt like I would. I was like sort of like, you know, taking advantage of someone in a bad way, you know, I didn't want to. I just didn't want to do that. I don't know what to do anymore in these situations.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we tried shame for a while and that clearly just did not work. And it's like I don't have the energy in there to shame people anymore for this stuff. And it's like you know, and I'm wrong about enough things that it's like, oh well, okay, yeah, I'm not gonna speak to everything. I know wi FI is not dangerous, but you know, can I explain it to this person satisfactorily?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 4: You know, I thought I was like, what am I gonna do? And I'm gonna be like, well, you understand, like it's the waves can't penetrate our DNA, like it's just not a thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, similar, go ahead.
Speaker 3: Well, I was gonna say there's certain places I stay when I go back home to Kansas where I've heard before like, hey, you know, we got these new blockers plugged in. So if you say at our place, you know you're not going to your anxiety is just going to clear up. Oh I think I had anxiety before five G but okay, you know, and.
Speaker 4: Then a part of me it's more fascinating than and than anything else because it's like I can't believe we just allowed this to happen to people. We're just like, oh well, we're just okay with this now. You know, it used to be crazy, was just like organic, and now it's almost manufacturer manufactured, and they now, yeah, right, like we used to just let These people were just like the town criers in the plaza wh would stand on the charmed to it charm like they were Carnival.
Speaker 3: With Mel Gibson. You ever see that, ye right, yeah, the charming man.
Speaker 1: So much that guy.
Speaker 4: And then I got depressed, right because it's like, now there's like so many people.
Speaker 1: That reminds me of man I used to work with a lot. Yeah, that I think when I was like at the tail end of me being like an assistant camera person. Like the wireless transmitters were like a becoming a big thing to just for like the director to see the image and everything. But this camera guy would refuse to put them on his camera because he thought also the signals from the camera would fuck up his brain. So he would insist that the director has like a hard wire straight to his camera. So the director would have to have two portable monitors, one for everyone else and then one just for him. This is also the same guy that we used to call Cowbone because when we were out in when we were out in the desert on a shoot once, we would take bathroom breaks very seriously, right, because sometimes you'd have to be out waiting for something to happened for a while and he we we called a bathroom break and he was like, no, I'm good. I'm like, all right, do you do you want a pa to like run you anything? He was like, nah, I'm good. He gets back and we noticed there's a little bit he personally could have used an eighties metal themed candle around him because he smelled it a little ripe. And he started telling his stories like, yeah, I didn't need to go take a bathroom break, just took just took a ten two out there. And then one of my producers she was mortified, like what do you mean you took a ten two outside and you didn't use the bathroom? What did you use to wipe? And this this camera guy goes, well, there was a sun bleached cowbone over there.
Speaker 4: Just use that to wipe what.
Speaker 1: You can't do that?
Speaker 2: You can't do that, Oh Joe backguard doesn't know about the three seashells or the cowbone.
Speaker 3: I'm picturing the cows, Like, how do you wipe your ass the cowbone and things like it's like one of those ear wax candles where you put it in and it just kind of pulls it all out.
Speaker 1: No, Nope, you gotta put.
Speaker 4: It in there.
Speaker 1: So somewhere in the Mojave desert there, I mean it's probably done or get cleared off by over now yeah, yeah, bacteria. There was a less bleached sun bleached.
Speaker 2: It's important that it was sun bleached though, so you could see all the damage you.
Speaker 4: Did to it. For sure. I do you respect that? That's that sort of descriptor my man's got away with words. It's nice, it's it's weird.
Speaker 2: It's like there's a Goldilock zone, right cause there's the people who hear that there's something invisible that they can't see, and then that's the scariest thing imaginable five g wi fi. And then there's people who like can't see something so it's not real. It's like germs or whatever, or gravity. And it's like you kind of have to be in the sweet spot where it's like I mostly trust these things that I are congruent with the way I live my life. And also some of these things sound weird, but I trust that I don't know everything. I'm just gonna I guess most of you just have to ignore things because if you start thinking about it too much, you almost neverbly either end up here or you have to become an actual expert, and no one has the energy to do that.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think it's harder work to get yourself out of your place.
Speaker 2: Germans aren't visible to be.
Speaker 4: I don't believe in the German people, do you know what I mean? Like, I think it's harder work. I think you have to, yeah, put up a harder defense because you right.
Speaker 1: Like because back it takes so much more effort to think.
Speaker 4: Yeah. But yeah, but there is thinking about but it's thinking about subversion. It's like, how do I block out the very like critically clear thing in front of me and then pivot into a way where like it fits with my sort of framework and my belief system. It's scary, it's really scary, And I guess it's moments like this where you're where you really are grounded and it's like a it's almost it's almost traumatic, you know, it's almost traumatic to have.
Speaker 2: The good news is is that we can probably exploit this fight or flight mechanism that people are feeling by pretty You've seen algorithms that keep them trapped in video content for hours at a time where they can sort of lose themselves to even deeper conspiracy theories. I think there's money to be made here.
Speaker 1: Guys. Hey, speaking about video content, we did release two vlogs over Thanksgiving break, all of us hanging out around in New York and then some leftovers. Dib pulls a very very fun joke on Dan that I suggest you check out masterful work. I feel like he he played that himself right there. There was no conspiracy happening with you, Baglar.
Speaker 4: I mean it's you know, it's funny because I don't I didn't even know this really happened, or I don't remember it happened.
Speaker 3: I don't either remember.
Speaker 4: Well that's yeah, well that's weird it happened to you. But right I saw the clip and I was like, oh right, yeah, oh okay, so you remembered when you saw it. I wouldn't even really remember when I saw it, and you could see I'm in like the back of the room, so I was there. We Yeah, what a move? What a what a what a legend? Like that was?
Speaker 1: I don't really am act like fuck with someone. I don't really understand the joy in that.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Yeah, I think he learned it by watching you, Bud. It's one of those Hallmark Movies.
Speaker 1: Right there? Wow, Wow, Dan, what if you created your worst enemy? What if all the poking and prodding over the years is just hardened Dib and he's just gonna grow to be like your joker? Is he going to be better than me?
Speaker 2: You could, Dan, create a troll so large even he couldn't lift it.
Speaker 3: I don't know, considering all the forces I was playing with here, Jesus, at the rate he's on, he'll be better a better hockey player than me in about two years.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Right, Like the second he you know, puts on another twenty pounds and grows another couple like, he'll just be cooking me.
Speaker 3: So still, that's my trivia contest.
Speaker 4: Yeah, totally.
Speaker 1: I think the second Dib starts rocking a stash, it's gonna be game.
Speaker 4: That's gonna suck. Actually, more mustache.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what a dirt back in the making.
Speaker 4: I can't wait.
Speaker 1: Yeah, damn it, he's Dib dip bag. I don't know, don't start. We can't undo that all right, grievances we need to air.
Speaker 4: I think that's it for now. I'm sure before the end of the show another materialize.
Speaker 1: We'll get there. Yeah, we'll get there.
Speaker 4: He watched it back to he was like, he's like a rule.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's not like Manati there. Okay, No, what if? What if he's going to take all of the worst qualities from the five of us plus Sean and Chuck, and he's gonna be like a vultron of the good Internet and like all the parts of the good in Internet, but also some of the worst qualities of all of us. He's gonna have a mustache, he's gonna gamble, don't worry. He won't smoke, but he'll force kids to watch Jaws, and then he won't shut up about hockey and pinball and wrestling. What if it's really it's wrestling that's bad Dan. What if he becomes in indie wrestler. What if we don't know bad idea? He shouldn't do that. What if he's really good at it?
Speaker 4: I don't see that being in the cards for him.
Speaker 3: No, even if you're good at it, it's a bad road, don't I don't know.
Speaker 4: I don't really know anyone his age, any of his friends rather who are like all in on wrestling.
Speaker 1: It's just not weird because it is.
Speaker 3: I want to say it's doing well, but I think it's just doing well with like corporate partners.
Speaker 1: I don't really like everyone.
Speaker 3: I know that I used to talk to wrestling about and myself aren't really watching that much.
Speaker 2: Right, It's it's internationally very popular.
Speaker 4: Yes, oh, I'm not doubting its popularity. I just yeah that I'm looking at.
Speaker 2: I'm saying, like Internet, I'm saying here, the youth don't care internationally, the youth.
Speaker 1: Care for those people are like superheroes. Yeah, yes, Well, let's talk about a world beyond wrestling, and that world is Metroid Prime for Beyond. There is a written review by Dan Reikert on the website, the Old School website and the New School website. You can check it out there. We also had a Q and a little round table Sean cut together that is now up on YouTube, but you should pull that up. Let that play and mute while you were still listening to this podcast as we discuss Metroid Prime four Beyond.
Speaker 3: Dan, it's a play club game, right, Dan, This is garbage I heard if you talk to the British journalists, Yeah, that's how you're Okay, we're in. Andy Robinson gave it a three out of five. No, I love it I think it's fantastic. And again if you want to see the like at linth version written review on the site and then we have like like a half hour video review discussion. Basically we put on YouTube that should be up right now.
Speaker 1: I love it. I adore it.
Speaker 3: I've been put under the gun maybe actual gifts of people holding guns at me today to say whether or not it's better than Metroid Prime one.
Speaker 1: Or not, and I refuse. I refuse.
Speaker 3: I will. I will let it sink and say a little bit here because I think, you know, I think I said like, oh, here's the Kingdom's better in Breath the Wild when it first came out, and now I've kind of gone back on it, so I'm going to sit before say anything like that. I will say it is definitely up there with the first one. It is much much better than two and three. I think two and three, you know, kind of had their side steps and stuff, which you know, I don't need to go into all that, but like I this one is the most similar to the first one, but also made me think of Ocarina of Time a lot, which was a thing that surprised me, mainly in the way that the I don't want to say overall, because I feel like when you say that now.
Speaker 1: That evokes like a breath the wild, huge open world map.
Speaker 3: This is not that it's I equated to highrol Field and Ocarina or it's like it's a space that is largely empty, connecting major zones, and there are some things there, some puzzles, a few shrines even, but ultimately it is a place that you were just kind of instead of writing Epina around from this place to that place, you were riding Viola around your sweet motorcycle that Sam's has, and each of these areas in a fury green vault for ice Belt.
Speaker 1: There's a lava one.
Speaker 3: I forget the name of it right now, but yeah, they are basically giant dungeons like you know, ok arena style dungeons. Basically you're going around, you're getting an item, you're fighting a boss. But you do have that Metroid backtracking here. But I've played through the first Metrod Prime twice in recent years, both the original version and remastered in recent years, and I always kind of forget when you go back like the tail end of Metroid Prime. As much as I love that game and think it's one of the best. Ever, some of that backtracking is not the best. It's easy to get a little bit lost and turned around, and it's kind of a pain in the ass to kind of work your way back the teleporter, the elevators and all that stuff. This one, the backtracking is more interesting in that, like you know, when you're volt Forge is one of the early areas and if you've ever seen images of like lightning and towers and stuff like that, I think it's the most visually striking area in the game. You know, the first time you're going through it, it's kind of this kind of almost dark, kind of spooky, like you're just kind of going through this like powered down lightning tower with enemies and stuff.
Speaker 1: It's kind of awesome.
Speaker 3: And then you know, you work your way down, you power it up, and then like you will eventually have to go back later as you're cleaning stuff up, and it's like just teeming with light and electricity and activity and it's just like it it feels different. So even when you are backtracking in this one, I do think it's more interesting. The thing that people were really worried about with the Miles McKenzie. Miles McKenzie it's not a big deal.
Speaker 1: It is not.
Speaker 3: I saw people even today after all the reviews came out, being like, oh, it's like it's God, He's gonna be NonStop radio chatter.
Speaker 1: It's not.
Speaker 3: Most of what he says, and especially the annoying stuff is the stuff that Backlar saw in that preview event and that everyone freaked out about, you know, a month or whatever ago. Yeah, he's a late like it is jarring and that like you see this title card of Fury Green, this area this kind of like Backlar, I think you said it was like Pandora and music kicks in and it's just incredible and the sweet title card and everything. It's just like, you know, it's it's classic Metroid. And then you got the guy saying like oh boo yeah, and you know it's like it's it is jarring for sure, and he sucks. And I hate that type of character more than anyone. But that part happens in the first hour. He goes back to like a little base station and he's just the dude where it's like, oh, you got a fire chip in this dungeon, and he's the guy that calls He's like, oh, hey, I can I can put that in your arm can and I can help you with that, come back here, and then it just kind of shows you a little pip on the map and you go do it and you're done with him. It's not he's not calling in all the time like he's the campbell or something in metal gear. And most importantly, it is not handholding. It is not doing the thing where it's saying like, hey, go here, go there. I was really worried a Vaultforge because when you first get there, he does pull up the map and he's like, hey, check this out here. Maybe if you go down here, here's the happening and you go down this thing here. I'm like, if he fucking does this every time I enter a new area, I'm gonna hate And he doesn't.
Speaker 1: He does not. So question I have for you, Dan, and maybe y'all can speak to this more because I never really played Meroi the original Metroid Prime growing up, but I've seen Dan, You've mentioned the operin of time influence and the Halo influence I've seen online as well. I don't know, does any of that does it feel like it dilutes whatever strong Metroid presence there is supposed to be okay, now cool.
Speaker 3: The Halo comparisons, I think people are just talking about that first hour. It's the stuff that Jan you and I saw in New York. You know, Backler, you probably played through that kind of like Halo Call of Duty almost opening, right, did you play the open years back?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, it's very much like.
Speaker 3: It reminds me that first E three trailer of a gameplay thing of Halo two, that Battle of Mambasa or whatever, where it's just like screaming and aliens and cannons and everything's you know, ship's coming in and there's a fucking mech and all this stuff, and it's like, that does not feel like Metroid. But that's just the setup to the story. It's just that thing happens. You're going to get this artifact thing and then you get warped to v Roast, which is the new area and everything, and that does have some characters that talk and things like that, and I guess that's what people have freaked out about. But it's not like other m It's not like this is the narrative Metroid or anything.
Speaker 6: Like.
Speaker 3: You do find like a crew member basically at each zone you go to, but it's basically you run into them and they're like, hey you Sam, it's okay, cool, Yeah, let's get it. Let's get out of here. And then they go back to the base station. And so you have like a ragtag group you're assembling throughout the game. But honestly, by the end, I liked them, and they don't get in the way of anything at all. They're just some Galactic Federation folks that you just kind of pick up along the way. There's a handful of them.
Speaker 1: It's not bad.
Speaker 2: They don't suddenly start like, oh, Miles McKenzie goes away, but now someone else is pointing you in the right direction. That sort of fades in the background.
Speaker 1: I don't think.
Speaker 3: I mean, there might be exceptions, but I think for the most part, Miles is the one who just kind of like calls you on your radio and you can call it when you go to the map. If you hit I think it's X, it's the radio button, and like anytime you're in a zone, it just straight up says like, hey, radio's disabled. You can't do it, so like you couldn't talk to them if you wanted to. It is basically just like if you are in the open world and you're just trying to figure out, like, man, where do I go? I just got this fire chip and my gun?
Speaker 4: Yeah, what can I do with this?
Speaker 3: Then you can call him and he might be like and he's kind of vague at times too. He'll be like, hey, you got a new thing. Maybe you should go back to some places you've been to before if you can do more stuff, you know, And then like you know, if you keep bugging him or you keep kind of idling around Soul Valley for a while, he might be like, hey, remember that fucking lava river over in the fireplace. Maybe you can go across that now, you know.
Speaker 2: It just sounds like another way of doing the question mark, like objective marker that would pop up after you spend enough time exploring a Metroid prime. They'd be like, okay, yeah, you've been going around. Now, hey we detected something, and this is just like vocalizing some of that. What percentage of the game is linear? My understanding is it's like a little bit linear early on and then opens up, Like at what point does it open up? How long were you playing? Do you agree with that?
Speaker 3: I was I was curious about that because like you need to get five mcguffin's basically these five teleporter keys, and by the time Soul Valley opens up like the desert, you've got two of them already. And then Miles does get on the radio and he's like, hey, there's three more keys. Go do them and whatever order you want. But I actually don't know if because that's the moment when I was like, Oh, this is gonna be breath the wild. Do I want to go here or there or that mountain or the mines or whatever. And then I did try to go because like he pointed me towards I think it was vault Fords at that point, or it might have been the ice place. He pointed me towards one of them, and I specifically wanted to go the other way. So I just basically found a big thing in the desert and rode my bike towards it, and I did hit a roadblock where it's like, I think that was the fire River I talked about where it's just like I got in there, I looked at this fire River and it was like, Hey, you can't do this right now. I think it might have been a pop up or something. If it wasn't Miles that called me, and so like, I it might actually be linear. I am going to play through it again, and I am curious if there is a way to do the dungeons or the zones out of order. But it seemed like you pretty much needed A to get to B every time.
Speaker 2: Well, but once you're in the zones, though, does that still feel like metrofusion metro dread to a certain extent, especially like once you complete an area, they're like, let's we're gonna like basically guide you out of here.
Speaker 4: How much of that is there?
Speaker 2: Like how many times do you feel like I really can only go forward even though I'm in this space now? That is technically kind of an open Metroidvanu style exploration.
Speaker 3: These areas are different in that, like every one of them you go into and you know, before you get the map, you'll basically see the map, you'll see the rooms you've been in, and then it'll like pan down in a metro Prime style and show you like, hey, here's this big, obvious like bossroom or whatever you need to get to and you got to kind of figure out how to get down. And some of these areas are more like, okay, well there's this obvious area like the mines are like, okay, there's I'm just going down, That's what I'm doing here. But then there's stuff like Vault Forage, which is like three separate towers and you're kind of like, you know, you're trying to power these up and you are going between all three towers trying to work your way around. And then there are ways you unlock where it's like, oh, here's an easier way to get from Tower one to Tower two. And then oh I unlocked this thing at the bottom, and now it's almost like a Dark Souls type you know, shortcut thing wh'res like, now there's this like morphball elevator I can just hop into and that'll take me right to the top. So they are I would not call them linear. Some are more open than others, but they all are any room you're in, you know, it could be like, okay, well there's two different doors here. I bet one of them is a save room. Okay, there's a crumbly thing right there. I can probably blow that up later. And then there's gonna be a morphball you know, thing I can go through and who knows where that sends me. So it's any given room. It's not like, Okay, I'm just going to go towards where an arrow's point to me. It's you know, there is a certain amount of openness without being overwhelming, you.
Speaker 1: Know, performance wise, Dan, like, oh god, it looks incredible. It is just wild.
Speaker 3: How fucking good this game looks, not handheld with the one twenty and then the four K on the TV. I'm mainly played on TV, but oh god, it's it's the most gorgeous, like maybe most gorgeous Nintendo game ever, but definitely the best looking game on the console. Yeah, and thens as well.
Speaker 1: I really really like the gyroscopic controls with the pro controller.
Speaker 3: And like, I would recommend anyone go in there and tweak certain settings and stuff because there are certain things where it's like the motion does feel gimmicky, like you get this kind of like grapple thing that can pull shields off, and like I don't need to yank the controller every time. But the way Metroid Prime Aiming works where it's like from the beginning, it's like you hold in the left trigger and it kind of locks on to a character and you can kind of strafe around them and everything. A lot of these characters have weak spots all over their bodies, or it's better to shoot their limbs and things like that. So you lock on with the left trigger, and while you're holding that, you can kind of set the threshold that you like that will cause the radical to kind of break off of the main lock, if that makes sense, and then you can just kind of do slight little motions like boom boom, boom bo boom, hit the limbs there while still remaining locked on, so you can strafe and navigate around him and everything. It works incredibly well. So I did that handheld, I did the mouse mode stuff, which I don't know. It's I think it's interesting that the switch to has a mouse mode. I mean mainly one of for stuff like Mario Maker, you know, but for this, you know. Jan and I went to that New York event and they had the giant flat surface in front of me, which is like the most no one has something like that at home, basically in front of their TV. And it works fine there. I tried it here on the couch. I tried it on my leg. I tried it on the couch. I brought an actual like couch mousepad down. I sat on the floor and put it on like a table in front of me and stuff, and it really didn't do anything that the gyroscopic controls didn't do better. And whether you're playing with the pro controller, the joy Comes or handheld, you're gonna have access to those gyroscopic controls, so highly highly recommend turning those on tweaking them.
Speaker 1: You're liking. I thought it felt great. I am very curious and excited to check Metroid Prime for Beyond out as kind of a novice to the series. Any other closing thoughts, y'all about Metroid before we move on.
Speaker 2: I'm ready to play it. It's so, you know, the reviews are all over the place. I'm The more I read them, though, the more it's like, oh, I this is not going to be a problem for me. It's not what I was expecting. Or I'm kind of okay with this game what it is, so still have pretty high hopes. But we'll see. I'm glad, I'm damn glad you like it. That was it was kind of fun to like follow your journey of you getting it and then having early thoughts and kind of getting near the end and thinking you liked it quite a bit, and then coming around on it like in a huge way at the end five star review. That's it's good stuff. People should go read that review. It's it really is very insightful.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I thought it was interesting too, Like just today the embargo left and seeing everyone's and I don't see a lot of arguments that I like wholly like you know, I don't oh your way off base or whatever, Like I think just certain aspects of this game people are gonna like more than others. And it all really worked for me. But yeah, some of the stuff for people the wrong way.
Speaker 1: I get it.
Speaker 3: So it's I mean, read the reviews, see what you think. But I'm in the camp that very much loved it.
Speaker 2: Yep. It's like I really I don't see anything in the reviews where it's like anything that you didn't say.
Speaker 4: It is just how much it's going to bother you. So I was like kind of like scouring, like trying to find like what is the thing that is turning some people off so much?
Speaker 2: And there's no like negative reviews. There's just there's just some mixed reviews and it's like all things you said, and some people it's like it's just getting to them a little bit more, and I get I get wanting the very pure Metroid Prime experience. I especially get it now in a world where we've had from soft games that are obtuse, and we just had a Silk Song which is obtuse and isolating and weird. It's like, these games obviously can work. So if METROI Prime went more in that direction, I think it would be mostly just fine as long as they made a good game. But them also trying to make things a little bit friendlier and feel like a little bit more bombastic and sci fi, that can work as well.
Speaker 3: So I do want to bring this up real quick. Somebody said here that Logan at ign said he was bothered by tropy dialogue, and so, yeah, I have seen some complaints about the story and stuff, and listen, I will sir. I will say right here that you know that I'm not a story person in games, and so like as much as I loved this game, I would say like zero percent of that is the story. Like I did come around on those characters. I found them likable by the end, But I mean the story, if that's the type thing that bothers you, it's straight up is like you got warp to an ail. I mean playing it, find five things and go home. It's that, don't if you're looking for something deeper than that, Like, I don't know, that is kind of what I want from a Metroid game. I just kind of want to give me the loosest thread of like go do this stuff and then beat the game, beat the final boss. I mean I don't want other m. There's a reason I did the other M was just sure, you know, I don't need a bunch of story in my Metroid basically, is there to bother me at all?
Speaker 1: Is there stuff like Codex or like audio Lugus, Yes, at all.
Speaker 3: So if you want to dig deep into like the lore and everything like that, there's all sorts of like there's there's spooky ghost alien priests, and there's you know, like, oh what happened to these this an ancient race of ghosts or whatever, and a bunch of log books you can read. I I scanned every fucking thing I saw. I read everything I saw. It's just you can go deep on that stuff if you want to.
Speaker 1: Me. It's just, you know, it's just kind of background stuff. I've only played a baby's handful of Metroid games. I think the last one before, I mean, I'm excited check out Prime four, but was a Metroid dread the way that everyone talks about other M. I really want to check out other M now.
Speaker 2: It's worth checking out just to see how insane it is, Like with what they did with that story in the character Sam, it's weird.
Speaker 1: Do y'all think that is kind of like the equivalent of telling someone like, no, you should watch episode one first before you actually check out.
Speaker 3: Worse than that, I think there's more likable elements to that episode one. Okay, okay, all right, all right, well Dan, thank you very much.
Speaker 1: Again. There is a written review on the website. Dan wrote that, and as well as a little roundtable discussion Q and a bit that Sean edited together that is now on YouTube. But moving on with video games.
Speaker 3: All right, right, I just see a common saying the only story I went is Ancient Alien Race makes Samos a god? Play Matroid Prime four.
Speaker 2: You're good?
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly. I checked out yesterday a game that has been blowing up on Steam speaking about gigantic open worlds where the winds meet.
Speaker 3: This is.
Speaker 1: A game, an open world game, kind of a Soul's like Jimmy Jam set in ancient China. I don't know what to make of this because it frames itself as kind of like a Soul's like game. The opening is very dramatic, opens with a quick time sequence a chase on a horse where you're protecting a baby. So I thought, oh, is this gonna be like death Stranding where I'm protecting a baby but in China. But no, you quickly grow up and then you wind up becoming the baby you were protecting. And the combat is kind of Souls like kind of action adventure ish so's there's moments where it reminds me of like Stellar Blade or Bayonetta, but it has like the stagger and stamina and like the posture for enemies like a Soul's game would. But because I think Where the Winds Meet is supposed to appeal to as big of an audience as popular and I've looked at the Steam numbers, this game is doing gangbusters online.
Speaker 4: It's doing very well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there are some like built in accessibility features that I kind of enjoy, like you can parry in this game, or you can dodge, roll out of the way, you can block. But the thing that this game will give you if you enable the feature, is like just just straight up like here's the bun to press. When you got a perry, I'm gonna slow down almost to a full stop so you can parry this game. And that is treated with your posture meter or your stamina meter, so if you aren't nailing the perry yourself, the game will just be like here it is, dude, you're good, You're good? No, okay, cool, and that'll just take off like a little pip on your stamina meter. The part where I am a little bit overwhelmed by the game is that because it is a free to play game, it is also online. If you enable it, you can do co op throughout the story with friends, and I believe it's cross platform, so you can if someone has this on the PS five, you can go play with them there.
Speaker 2: Like should I be thinking like Monster Hunter?
Speaker 1: I would kind of kind of like, yeah, a combination of Monster Hunter, a soul's game, and an action adventure game is where the wins meat is. But there's just as soon as the world starts to open up and I maybe like three or four hours in, there are so many pips on the map and it just feels like Matt Barf. But I can see where this becomes someone's game for an extended period of time because you were trying to just tick off all of the boxes. And on top of that, the combat does feel good. You don't feel like you were but banging your head constantly failing at a boss like you would in some Souls games. And I understand that isn't for everyone, but it definitely feels like, Oh, I can mash out a button and then block and then Perry Doddrell out of the way and have an enjoyable time. What I will say is this game did I did something in this game that I've never done in another view game where one of the first missions before you get the map for Everything is there's a vendor that tells you, hey, this bear over there, he took my shit, can you go get it? And the game has you approach the bear and then you have a quick time event where you learn tai chi from the bear because the bear is pawing at a tree. From the bear, you learn it from observing the bear. So you have to do a quick time event of like hitting timing out and pressing a button when like a circle turns gold. Okay, So you do that a couple of times, and then you just get a gigantic message blasting over the screen saying you learn taichi from this bear, and then it becomes a martial art that you know forever now. And then you do a taichi throw onto a giant brown bear and throw it twenty feet into the air, and I thought, oh man, this game's got the juice if I learned how to do taichi from an animal?
Speaker 2: Is that the tone of the game, like, it's kind of someone in Chad said Yakuza, Like, yeah, does it sometimes feel like Yakuza?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I feel like this game is presented very, very seriously, but as you were playing it, there is more than enough Shenanigan's constantly happening around the map that makes you feel like, okay, all right, they got a sense of humor. The movement and like the error movement as well, kind of reminds me of like Chinese wirework, okay films, So it is definitely leaning on that influence for sure. I believe it's like sure shot or something. Correct me if I'm wrong everyone out there, but don't yell at me please. The game looks gorgeous. This is one of those Jimmy jams where I don't understand how and why this is free to play slash, why this looks so good?
Speaker 4: And wait, but how are they trying to get you to spend money on this friendly game?
Speaker 3: Chad is saying that apparently some one that has already spent fifty dollars on a boat mount in the game, so that might answer some of your questions.
Speaker 1: Okay, I mean like in the three hours that I was playing it, I wasn't really presented initially with anything of like, well, now you've got to spend money. Brou So, I don't know if this this is strictly on a cosmetic level or if there's anything like that is like pay to win part of this, because I can't I don't know where that would affect the overall loop of the gameplay.
Speaker 2: So it sounds like cosmetics. People are saying it's a it's only cased war frame only cosmetics, and it's a it's a war frame.
Speaker 3: Battle passes and cosmetics, apparently, says the YAD.
Speaker 2: But on a boat, hey, you know that's a bargain.
Speaker 1: So yeah, if this is going to be your main means of talking to someone, I guess or party with friends dan please. Yes.
Speaker 3: Apparently they sponsored a ton of streamers to play it, and there are AI chatbot NPC's that people are fucking with to get rewards fast.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, apparently the game's got a lot of AI, is what people are saying.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, not surprised.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, damn With fifty K, couldn't you buy a real shoot boat?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it'd be a good one.
Speaker 1: At a small boat? How much a canoe? Yeah?
Speaker 4: How kayaks? A couple of hundred bucks? But I mean, yeah, is a kayaker boat?
Speaker 1: I guess?
Speaker 2: So yeah, it's about say, anything that floats.
Speaker 1: As a boat.
Speaker 2: But my poop floats, and that's not that's.
Speaker 4: A boat for someone, both for someone.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but where the winds meet. It's free to play. If you were looking for like a grindy game to engage with and you just want to do taichi to a bear, that sounds fun. The game also starts with you learning how to shoot an arrow by shooting down a bunch of birds, and this like kind gentleman being like, hey, I've learned so much. Here's my Joernald to shoot arrows so you can stealthily take down birds. And then you're just shooting down a bunch of birds with your little kid companion, and I can't help but feel this is fucked up anyway. Where the wins meet.
Speaker 4: I feel like this is the.
Speaker 2: Kind of thing that Ubisoft has been trying to like get at, Like they want to make a game like this eventually, but they can't stop making Assassin's Creeds for seventy dollars, so they kind of can't like get away with it. I feel like this is the kind of thing that could come and eat its lunch and just sort of replace that whole genre of big, massive setting action of venture open world games with online functionality.
Speaker 1: But we'll see egg on my face. The game is where winds meet, not where the wins me apologies gag. Speaking about meeting things, Jeff Grubb, you and Mike Manatti met virtually to take down a bunch of space batties in Marvel Cosmic Invasion.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's the new beat them up from Tribute. They did that teenage mutant Ninja Turtles Shredder's Revenge game.
Speaker 4: People like that quite a bit. I thought that was a pretty good beat him up. It wasn't one of my favorites.
Speaker 2: Of this this new era that we're getting, this one is improved, I think mostly the big thing there's excuse me. You get a few more defensive options. So where you could sort of do that dodge in Turtles and it would it was not as not always effective. There was kind of kind of felt like, now this is old style beat him up. Sometimes you're just gonna get hit no matter what. Here the dodge is a little bit more effective. But there's also some characters that have a straight up like shield or a block and that has a Perry mechanic to it. Also, offense is a very good defense here because any situation you're in there is always another character that you can tag in it is a tag beat him up. So you pick two characters when you start a level. A lot of times when you're going through the campaign, they'll there'll be two characters flashing and those are like the story characters, and they also have challenges associated within them in that level, so you know to pick them and then you go. You take the two characters in there. You play as one at a time, but at any time if you are attacking, so you're hitting light attack on X or heavy attack on why while pressing that if you tap tap the left bumper, your assist character will come in and either perform their light attack or their heavy attack. Now, if you're not doing an attack and you just hit the left bumper, you'll fully swap the characters out. And this is a it's really frantic and hectic. So it's like, if you are it kind of feels like you should be spamming those assists as much as possible because they really amplify the amount of damage you can put out. And it looks cool and it feels like, Okay, I'm kind of very capable in any situation I find myself in. As far as like, is this the spiritual successor to the X Men arcade Beat them Up? That people want? I think mostly, you know, it's it's not a direct follow up to that. This is, you know, the whole Marvel universe. They're taking a lot of influence from Marvel versus Capcom, the Capcom Fighting Game.
Speaker 4: Which I think is a good thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a lot of the moves, a lot of the looks of the character just feel like, Yeah, we played that game and loved it, we want to replicate that here. It even has the tag system and so it's like, yeah, if you are into any of that stuff, or you just have a fondness for that arcade game, or you'd like Marvel stuff in general, it's going to hit really well. But you're going to have to bring some of that to this game. I think if you have no affinity for either those old games or Marvel itself as a as an entertainment industry or whatever, you will probably not get enough out of this game to justify it's Again, it's like twenty five thirty bucks or something like that. So it's delivering for the people who it's meant for for sure.
Speaker 3: Grab to them doing this with all the old classic you know, like Turtles, this like you know, that is the genre that I think has most been hurt as it moved from the arcade because they were just quarter monters, like.
Speaker 2: One, let's figure it out. Now they've solved this, they solve that problem.
Speaker 3: I want them to bring it to Simpsons, especially now that Simpsons A Fortnite had a bit of a gaming revival, which by the way, I had multiple nights up til four a m. Both getting myself and Kayla Homer, so got Homer that battle passage. Ever, boy, that was the most effective fucking marketing tie in thing ever because that got me from not playing Fortnite in like two years to completely getting into it again. But yes, I would love to see a new Simpson's Arcade game. Uh they treatment that Marvel got.
Speaker 2: Here, Yeah, and it's uh, you know his first one is that Simpson's Fortnite thing was. It's like, oh, I'm kind of super bummed that it is a temporary thing. It'll come back at some point, sure, but it's like, oh, that's that awesome Simpsons game they made doesn't exist anymore, I know. So it's I kind of want like some permanent things, like a Simpsons Beat them Up that would be awesome to have. At this point, I think that this is a very good one. It is not as good as Streets of Rage four. It's not as good as like Absolum, Like go play Absolum instead if you haven't played that this year.
Speaker 3: We're gonna be around that one of these days.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's that's a good I think we could probably beat that game in one go.
Speaker 1: I think should stretch a bit before that then Okay, yeah.
Speaker 4: And we'll see. But it's like right behind those like leaders of the pack, and it's totally worthy of being included in this new crop of beat him ups, the sort of new golden era that we're in.
Speaker 1: Grab. All the characters feel very distinct. There's like a pretty big character pool.
Speaker 4: I I a lot of what is it sixteen something like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but because you can pick two, it actually kind of end up like you have four players. You end up picking half the roster, right, because you need eight characters total in there. So yeah's quo.
Speaker 1: I can't help but notice there's there's just like a distinct character from the X Men missing. No.
Speaker 2: I think the guy everyone that really matters.
Speaker 4: I think he joined Ice. Actually swear to god.
Speaker 1: There's gonna be a moment where I like shoot, break and fuck up everything.
Speaker 4: Jan If there was one guy going to Ice, it would be Charles Xavier.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's true.
Speaker 1: The rich aristocrat like their homes. It says, no, come live with me. I'll tell you where to go, how to use your powers, clock, I best you.
Speaker 4: I bet he would sort of be like, I got what it called his dome? What's that called your room?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 4: Uh well he could like point out all the yeah, yeah, cerebral cerebra. He'd be like, well, I got this fun, I could work from home, you know kind of thing.
Speaker 1: Exactly that fucker left his family to go to space to fuck.
Speaker 2: I think Cyclops will end up in this game eventually. It is ripe for adding a ton of new characters, and the characters are very distinct. They all play like they express what you want from each character. You know, Storm can fly, any of the flying characters. You double tamp jumps, you can fly. She sends out winds and stuff like that, or Superpower is dropping a bunch of lightning. There's some sort of golden necks to it, a little bit in that on that front, and then you know, every other character is just like, yeah, they play like you expect Wolverine. It's just you know, fury and claws and things like that.
Speaker 4: It's it's good. Yeah, where the fuck is night Crawler?
Speaker 1: True?
Speaker 2: Yeah that I can see that working as well.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I hope eventually they get the full uh like roster.
Speaker 4: That they had in the X Men arch.
Speaker 1: I do think it's odd some of some of their inclusions, because they have Nova, which I consider like a low seed a D tier Marvel character, but then they also Beta ray Bill.
Speaker 4: Why are they trying to make better Beta ray Bill happen. I thought I thought it did have.
Speaker 2: I always like, I don't know anything about Beta ray Bill other than he comes up sometimes and people seem very excited.
Speaker 3: It's just yeah, I mean, the first time he said it, I thought he said gatorade Bill, and I thought it seems like a pretty cool comic character.
Speaker 4: Might as well be that. I don't get it. Sounds like a guy you meet outside a bar, that's his job. What's funny is I can only this is such a dumb ass, old man way to sort of measure the importance of Marvel characters. And I and I kind of do that with a little bit of like what the current set of like Marvel cards is kind of like prioritizing Marvel people because it's like, well, if they're not in the cards, if they're not in this checklist, they're not important or they're not as important.
Speaker 2: I think that's a good measurement.
Speaker 4: Yeah, sure, I mean it just it tells you there is some sort of editorial sort of oversight there where they're like, well, we're gonna give baa Bill his own fucking card. So I'm surprised to see this. But they have been trying to. This guy's been in like every set I feel like in the last five to six years, which I do not understand. Is he show up in movies? What's the deal?
Speaker 2: No, I only he's shown up in any movies, but it feels imminent, it feels inevitable at this point.
Speaker 4: I bet.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he takeaway too, thank you. I think he would be all over that if you did another one of those.
Speaker 4: He probably won't, but I think he would. Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I think some of the characters, like I was surprised to see cosmic ghost writers, just.
Speaker 4: A stoner ghost writer, Like he's got like this.
Speaker 2: Dome overhead, like Mysterio or whatever, but it's all the fire in there, and he's just like he's got like a space gun. He looks fucking sick.
Speaker 1: It's cosmic because if the Punisher became the ghost writer, really, so.
Speaker 4: He's Ice, Okay, God, yes, definitely fred Castle.
Speaker 1: I don't think he'd be ice.
Speaker 4: I think he'd No, he would kill he would kill him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he would kill everyone. I'm surprised Daredevil isn't in the game, given how popular the show has been.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think they just like they chose a cosmic theme, like what that why they did that specifically? It's like, you know, it works for the story they're telling, but like you know, there's always the rights involved in John Drake. He's just got that iron iron grip around there.
Speaker 1: What did I do to Drake? Why won't he put psychlops and things? Drake? I thought we were pals. I don't have to send you a wrestler cameo apology.
Speaker 4: Now I don't know, like what is what the deal?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 4: I just don't think Cyclops is that Cyclops? Like a is he popular? Like?
Speaker 1: Is he x Men ninety seven saved his rep?
Speaker 4: I guess and that was a long time well that was actually recent, was in the last years. Yeah, I don't know. I just feel like I never see anyone dressing up a Cyclops for Halloween. Never see that. Never you know, don't you don't see that.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna start like vibrating through this podcast.
Speaker 4: All right, jan Who would you rather have in this game? Cyclops or Scarlet Spider?
Speaker 1: See I was thinking that too as Grub was talking. Scarlet Spider's pretty fuck, he's just cool.
Speaker 4: I would take Spider Man and Scarlet Spider and still not be upset. The Scarlet Spider usually wear.
Speaker 1: A vest hoodie like a hoodie vest a hoodie like a teal hoodie.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, right, because he's the coolest.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the across the Spider Verse films that maybe didn't make him the coolest. He's kind of a duive.
Speaker 4: There, but it Andy Samberg way worse.
Speaker 1: It could be worse.
Speaker 2: Moving on, joshad Josh Gadd as Scarlett Spider for sure, Josh, that's all off right, yes, yeah, I'm also planting a seed for later, so just hanging.
Speaker 1: We can't do that, no, no, but but I don't know how clued in any of y'all are to the current MCU. But apparently Josh Gadd is going to make a big appearance in the power Man Show as Josh gadd oh.
Speaker 4: Range within his.
Speaker 1: Range power Man, He's gonna be Rob Zombie's brother. Yep, yeple off.
Speaker 2: Is that a shoot?
Speaker 3: Yeah, because it was like, it's like Steve Zombie or something, Steven Zombie.
Speaker 4: I didn't know that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I didn't know that. We've been going for a bit here. Let's cap off games talk on the other side of this little bricky break, and we'll also get to the news right after this over the weekend. This isn't a cry for help, this is this is like a coming to Jesus moment. But one of my dear friends, Miles, he's popped up. He's hung around at the GB at night stuff. He had a curiosity to check out a game made by Riot called League of Legends, and I decided, oh, I used to play a lot of that. Let me go download that and play with my dear friend Miles. And I got a lot of concern calls from the internet, rightfully, so so thank you everyone. But I will say that I think League of Legends as a whole is a garbage product because I don't all understand how this game in the year of Our Lord twenty twenty five will still have a launcher and we'll start to launch a whole, separate, windowed instance of when you finally get into the game. I don't understand how even the setup phase still takes you thirty or upwards to fifteen to twenty minutes. Who the fuck has time to actually play this game on a continual basis. And also the other my biggest quick my biggest gripe is for practice sake. I thought, let me go reacclimate myself to the controls and everything. None of the muscle memory has stuck. So let's see if I can remember the overall flow and how to play the game. So I entered a training match, a training match against computer opponents, and for all I know, my teammates were either other people entering in like a training mode or they were also computers. I could not quit out of this match. Wait, what dude, you're describing some like? Okay, go on, if I quit out and exited the game, it wouldn't let me launch into another game. It would just be reconnect.
Speaker 4: Reconnect to your training match against AI controlled opponents.
Speaker 1: Yes, and as far as I remember, there is nothing to earn or gain from just playing against AI opponents and or teammates.
Speaker 2: So just trying to teach you the lesson that there is no escaping League of Legends.
Speaker 1: And now this is the rest of your life. So I uninstalled it gang, everyone can can.
Speaker 4: Can reinstall itself on your computer.
Speaker 1: Tonight, I did look and Riot was still on my computer despite it.
Speaker 4: I'll get you well.
Speaker 1: So I feel like I'm still not in a completely good space. But speaking about space, Jeff Grub, but I'm sorry real quick, Jent, you said it took how long to load up? No? No, no, no, like to get to get out of like the setup phase of a game, because got it in Mobia's not just League of Legends, but like it takes forever to get going, and then like after fifteen to twenty minutes, that's when like, all right, shit, it's starting to hit the fan. Let's go. Okay. I still think the best mobile out there is Pokemon Unite because those games are like three minutes long. Sure, three to five minutes long. Anyway, moving on to back to Space. Jeff Grubb, Dan Reikert, you two have been playing Secretory, and.
Speaker 2: So I've talked about this the last several weeks, and it is yeah, well the Secretary happened.
Speaker 1: It's it's important. Yeah, no, I'll be good. I'm good. Yeah with me.
Speaker 2: No, it's he's right. That's the that's the noise you make for Sectory. It really clicked with me in this last week where it's like I started to like find out, Oh, this is the leaderboard everyone is on. Oh, here are the other modes, here's how some of the like the scoring system works. Oh some of these upgrades. I was ignoring are super important. Dan, you started playing this week.
Speaker 1: Right late yesterday.
Speaker 3: Basically, I played it It is the Ultimate, just like I'm going to do one more here, and I told myself like, okay, Like after work yesterday, I was like, I'm gonna start playing this and I'll do a bunch of this and then when I'm getting ready to wind down for bed, I'll switch over to y Ota.
Speaker 1: And I just couldn't stop.
Speaker 3: And so I literally went from just like eyeballs about to fall out of my head, everything just sectories pulsing through my veins from that to lying in bed staring at the ceiling, which is not a good way to do things.
Speaker 1: Grub it is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's Geometry Wars, It's house Mark, it's everything you've said. It's I'm trying to kind of figure out because like they don't spell too much out for you. The tutorial is pretty short, so you know, it's that thing of realizing kind of in real time as you're playing, like, oh, hey, there's this strike multiplayer up there.
Speaker 1: What does that mean? Oh shit?
Speaker 3: If I do that strike move and I chain it with a bunch of these power ups and stuff, then I'm getting more of a Strike multiplayer. Ooh, and then I bet if I triggered the score thing and the stack upgrades, I bet I can get a superscore there.
Speaker 1: It is.
Speaker 3: There's a level of depth to it that like if you just look at it, it just looks like Twin Stick Shooter Geometry Wars, which Geometry Wars also had more depth than it appeared. But yeah, it's in that Robotron Geometry Wars Housemark Vein. And I'm still trying to kind of figure out, like I'm not anywhere near your score yet, Grub, I'm at the you're at like six million something.
Speaker 4: I'm in the like midterms.
Speaker 3: I want to say I haven't beaten it yet, but I got pretty far pretty quick. So it's like that is an intense difficult game, and I think right now I want to try to just beat it on the the first difficulty and then start going after score stuff on the next one. But yeah, just trying to figure out the strategy because the way like as you level up, there's that stack of like Okay, you get one upgrade, Pip, do you want to spend it right now on speed or do you want to get five or six of those and get your missiles or your blaster, which is you know, ultimately a bigger upgrade, and then you can spend it on shields like one time you shields and things like that. So there's really a fun interplay there, and then there's all the little things in between where it's like there's the letters that what does this spell out?
Speaker 2: Mirage Mirage on the basic mode, Secretory on the middle mode, and then I think maybe Revolution on the last one.
Speaker 3: So okay, and that Trader is the Rainbow mode thing where just everything is exploding and colorful, and they're like, it is tremendously satisfying. And the way the arena is constantly shifting and everything. Thing that strike mechanic is killer. Uh yeah, grub you you unleast something by pointing.
Speaker 1: Me towards this game. It's incredible, Yeah, it is.
Speaker 2: It has been fun to like, uh kind of like I said, was clicking and begin developing like new strategies of like, you know what, I Am going to go all in on speed early on because that way I can get around the map faster and pick up more of those pips and turn those in for more upgrades. And then really the hardest part of a run, right, now is the early part, at least on the challenge mode, because it's when you're the least survivable survivable and you kind of have to like take some risks to get your survivability up pretty quickly before the first boss fight happens. So I means you want to be like taking out as many enemies as possible, zooming around picking up everything that they drop, so that you can then start chaining together these strikes to get to all these pickups to get the upgrades. And now I can like have a stronger blaster, which is going to enable me to blast through these hordes of enemies at a certain point that could easily overwhelm me if I just had the little pea shooter. But if I'm doing that, I'm like not getting it. If I'm like saving up five upgrade tokens to get an upgraded blaster, I am not putting it in Strike. I'm not putting in this other stuff. So I'm like, what if I tried to like figure out Strike even more? I was already like doing quite a bit of it, But like what if it was all speed and Strike early on? It's like, yeah, but then I'm not gonna be able to take out the bosses. I'm like, you know what, what if I tried using strike on the bosses? So now instead of just always firing at the bosses, I am trying to just like dodge their bullets, find an opportunity and strike, which again is this dash movere you have iframes into their glowing weak spots and trying to get out of there real quick before I become a damageable again. And that's been like, oh, I'm I'm flipped on playing this game.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 2: It's a different game at this point, and I'm like, I bet there are deeper strategies that I'm not even considering yet.
Speaker 3: And also, if you strike into a power up, you instantly recharge it, and so like, yes, you've been going hard on speed, which I understand because it's so easy to do because it's just one upgrade for that.
Speaker 1: Versus like four three or four per strike.
Speaker 2: It's three strike.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Strike is offense, defense and mobility. So for me, it's like it attacks things, it creates kind of a shock wave where you land, which is great. It is defense in that you have those I frames, and it's mobility and that it's like, give me the fuck out of here button, you know, so, like to me, I go super heavy on strike, which I'm trying to figure out what the upgrade like, is that just a cool down thing or does it actually expand the shockwave you know things.
Speaker 2: So it definitely expands the range of your dash. So and that's that's huge. You don't realize how huge that is until there is a wave of like seventy enemies of varying types, so you kind of just can't blast in there because there could be one that comes in from the side that you're not expecting that you can't see in that horde, but there's a there's an upgrade token right on the other side of them, and it's like that's it's a little bit far for my strike. Well, if you upgraded it, it's not too far. You dash halfway across across the map and then your explosion everything is bigger. And it's like once you start put piecing that together that it really does unlock your ability to survive a lot better strike range range. So that's huge, Okay, yes, oh yeah, just talking about it. Yeah, it's just it's one of those games. It just makes your brain explode the entire time you're flying well.
Speaker 1: That parentheses positive.
Speaker 2: Y oh yeah, okay, it's a very light rogue light, by the way, very light like it's it's an arcade game. There are things that you are unlocking that you can use and future runs, making it technically I guess, a rogue light. Those are like cards for your deck. You have to pick eight cards for your deck, and these are the packs that unlock when once you get an evolve tokens. There's the yellow tokens that's the evolved token, and then there's the blue tokens it's the upgrade tokens. On to get an evolved token, you get these decks, you can open them up. One of them stays in your hand, the other three go back into like the thing that you can shuffle into later. Uh and and these things are like, hey, you can get a drone that fires lasers, or you can will upgrade your the potential for you to get six upgrades for your blaster or something like that, and maybe even give you a free one right now. But that's a good version of the card that has some negatives. So in that case, it's like okay, but for the next one hundred seconds you can't strike.
Speaker 3: At all, so there's these gives and takes all this first spend a million points to get two shields right now, Like there's some really interesting ones there. Yeah, with the downside where it's like, hey, we're going to spam enemies for fifteen seconds, but you're going to get this extra good upgrade, you know.
Speaker 2: So it's like messing around with that. I was for a long time there. I was just trying on Challenge and I was kind of using the basic deck and I'm I'm not really making a lot of progress. So I went back down to the experience difficulty and started doing random for the decks.
Speaker 4: And being like, let's just see what happened.
Speaker 2: And it was like I discovered, like, oh, the drones can be very useful, especially if you get some of these other upgrades that causes them to reload faster or if a fire at a higher rate. It's like, oh, they are actually greatly improving my survivability. Start hitting things off to the side that I am not ready for, and it's like, okay, so when I really what you got to do is kind of start playing have your early on strategy. But like once the decks start starts unfolding, it's like here's what's available to you once you have this Evolver options. Oh okay, so I'm getting stuff that is good for drones. I need to start specking in that direction. When I get the option. It's like it's fun to like go with the flow at a certain point. But yeah, I it's it's all.
Speaker 3: It's gonna be my main thing forbid here outside him. I didn't put it on the dock, but jan Tingus Goose.
Speaker 2: Excuse me, you can't.
Speaker 4: I don't. I don't want to.
Speaker 3: Ting I haven't played it. I just got a press release for it this morning and I googled it. Look on the steam Tingus Goose. I think we got to check out Tingus Goose. Just look up Tingus Goose. All right, well, Tingus Goose. We're very intrigued by whatever Tingus Goose is.
Speaker 1: Do we have to Goose?
Speaker 4: Don't know?
Speaker 1: Man, it's Tingus Goose.
Speaker 4: What do you want?
Speaker 1: This looks? I don't know.
Speaker 2: That's a very pregnant stick figure?
Speaker 1: Why is Tengus Goose? You know? I was gonna say something about indie games or saving the industry, but maybe not.
Speaker 4: I'm okay with this, actually are there's so many fingers on that fame.
Speaker 3: I want to play Tengas.
Speaker 1: Goose all right, going from outer space or I guess it contains space and sectory to the underworld. I've been playing Demon School and Gang. This has all the trappings of something I really really enjoy. It's a tax that was the thought I had. Sound like two pieces of art for a me like that's a jam thing. It's a taxis game or tiles in it anime adjacent looking people. The art style is absolutely fantastic. I think my favorite part of this is the stage transitions going from the overworld to a combat instance and then the stage completion animations that happen the Also the time transitions, so from the morning phase afternoon phase of the evening phase. I really like that. It's very inspired by Persona. That being said, I don't think I like this game. Oh, I don't think I like playing this game. The tactics portion of it takes too long to get to. That being said, I'm still very early in. I fully intend to spend some more time into it. I've at this point now unlocked like the full party of four and the actual gameplay of it. I'm not super into. And this is coming off of the heels from also finishing Final Fantasy Tactics Evelis Chronicles, you know, one of the best tactics games in my opinion, But the combat is done in a two stage sequence. There is the planning phase where you have your tile set and your characters, and you will using your ability points to determine your actions of that turn. So you're either attacking, you're repositioning, you're moving characters. And at first I was a little bit bothered by how it looks because it's very light in what happens in the planning phase. So you'll attack someone and then it'll be like, okay, cool, you kill them, and nothing will happen. There's no animations that get shown. You just see the HP indicators go off. And then after you execute the planning phase, that's when shit hits the fan, and where your characters will move into place. They'll do like team up attacks, pop off their abilities. The combat is fairly light so far where I'm at, Like your main character, they will just they're melee focused. Your second character that you start the game with, they do like a little swap a roo with with the enemy characters. So positioning is very important in this game, like most tactics games. I'm just not really jiving with the combat. And I think another game, a game from last year that has kind of ruined tactics for me in a positive way is Tactical Breech Wizards because that is so snappy and so fast. The writing is also great in that, and I think that game has kind of ruined the tactics or strategy or PG genre for me because I'm able to pop off moves so fast and find the synergy and get rolling in the game incredibly at a nice pace versus the handholding that is kind of stuck with Demon School because it is also trying to be a JRPG. The parts where it is streamlined at least is there's multiple places to go explore, but it'll check mark you of like, Hey, this is where you're supposed to go, this is the thing you're supposed to interact with, or the person you're supposed to talk to to progress the story. That being said, I'm not really into the story as of right now. You're college students going to a demon hunting college, and yeah, like I'm not really liking the combat either, but the overall presentation I really do enjoy. Maybe as I unlock more skills or whatever, maybe get a better handle over the combat and maybe that'll change. But as of right now, the whole planning phase step of like all right, you're gonna go telegraph your moves and then you'll go see them play out isn't really sticking with me. But that is Demon School. If you're looking for a tactic game, I definitely suggest you check out Final Fantasy, Final Fantasy Tactics, The Evilise Chronicles. Moving on from games, the things you play games on, Dan Reikert, you have the a y n odin three I did in.
Speaker 3: The ongoing series of me and Grubb being sickos about these things. You saw the video we did about the Thor, which seemed like it made eight million people buy it because.
Speaker 1: That thing is awesome.
Speaker 4: Constantly about that.
Speaker 3: That's trying to say, jan, I don't know if you've got of it right. Everyone else got it on this.
Speaker 1: Call I get to get it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, yeah, I've seen a lot of people say they got it. Check out that video if you haven't seen it. It is tremendous for just about every constant week imagine but specifically DS in three D S.
Speaker 4: This is I'm sorry, Dan, not to cut you off really really quickly. You guys, remember what I was complaining about yesterday right on the You got to be more specific. There's I complain about a lot because everything is bad. It's fine. I was complaining about the Thor's power button on the bottom lip. They released an update yesterday that doesn't that turns off the power button when you close the lid, and now I don't turn it off, turn it on and off, sorry, turn it on.
Speaker 2: This is why you should complain more, because it makes it makes things change, it makes ratification.
Speaker 4: It's still a problem when I'm holding it on. But baby steps right, you have to check. I think that's another thing. And maybe you'll talk more about this with the with the odin they a lot of these settings are are sort of like hidden in a way that as someone who's very flat went with Android, it's like I still can't find where these magic settings are because they're either like hiding in plain sight in the setting section, maybe mislabeled for one reason or another. But I can't find some of these settings. I know the power button update happened in the recent Thor update, but I don't see where to change it anyway.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there there, I think there still is that uh you know, double tap the power button de before it does anything.
Speaker 4: But I cannot remember where this setting is. Couldn't begin to point in the right direction anyway.
Speaker 3: I will say that, you know whereas the Thor is clearly you know with the two screens. Great for three D S and DS. This is more just kind of like a traditional form factor here. You know, it looks kind of like maybe a wider Vita and it is powerful, like I've been running everything on it, like I think I wanted. This has burnout three for those watching the video version, and it runs awesome. You can are you still sitting resolution quite a bit? No, not crash mode. I didn't do great on that during the Bombita or the Extra Life.
Speaker 2: In some ways you did better than anyone.
Speaker 3: It was incredible, yes, but you can say of that like I did the exact same thing. I followed the same video I did with Joey's retro handhelds, where it's like you didn't get that same just great interface and everything go between a million different consoles and everything. It's just to me, it is a I guess, less interesting version of the Thor because it doesn't have the dual screen thing. So this is just like a traditional, albeit powerful version of one of those basically, So I'm going to lean on this mostly for like PS two, GameCube, Dreamcast, things like that, but also it's like the Thor has that form factor too to work. It would fit in your pocket. It wasn't too wide, you know, even folded up, but it's a little big, but you could put it in a pocket, whereas this is a bit too tall for that. Gotta looking at it. I mean this looks like it's probably nine or ten. Yeah, that that's a beefy boy to do. But it is BP, so it's like a little less kind of you know, throw it in a bag, packable, put it in a pocket type thing. But if you're looking for something like solely for like stuff like PS two, which obviously can run all thegalle stuff for the most part, except for there are certain cores that will work on on the Thor but won't work on here, So like the N sixty four corps, the standard one that people recommend doesn't work on there. So like the video I saw, I was like, oh, you got to get the standalone in six for emulator that is either paid or you have ads on it. So like, I don't know if that's the thing that's going to be fixed at some point here, but like I'm sure it will be at some point. Yeah, yeah, but it wasn't as just like you know, with the Thor, I followed that Joey's Retor handled video and it was just set up perfectly first time. This one had a few little tweaks and stuff that we're not quite there yet.
Speaker 2: So yeah, so the big issue there is, and this is in the weeds. This uses the snap Dragon eight Elite I think, which is a really really new chip. The Thor I think used the snap Dragon eight Gen two, which is have been out for a minute, so people in that scene have updated all of their cores and stuff to work really well with the GIN two.
Speaker 1: The Elites just early on in that process.
Speaker 2: So all the stuff that happened with those previous snap Dragon processors will happen here. It'll just take time. I pretty sure that's the issue.
Speaker 1: I'll say.
Speaker 3: Just the ergonotics and everything right now, like the sticks and everything feel fantastic. I mean, I have found that the AI in stuff has been a higher quality than some of the other companies have been trying out lately, so still very interested in everything they've got coming out, But the Thor is sexier alternative right now?
Speaker 2: Does the ODE and three have active cooling? Just have like like a fan running inside.
Speaker 3: Of it that, Yes, it does have active cooling.
Speaker 1: I'm actually looking on right now. Yeah, Yeah, it's got active cooling.
Speaker 2: Just a little interest because like the Yeah, the whole thing with this new Elite I think is it's got a very power efficient process on it. But yeah, they probably are going to run that thing as high as they can because it should be able to like really handle quite a few emulators that other devices have struggled with once all the support is there, but that'll take time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've seen people mentioning things like PS three and stuff like that. I haven't quite got around to messing with that yet, but yeah, that PS two era, it runs very very well.
Speaker 2: I'm looking forward to uh getting my my Thor back. I don't I won't be running out and getting an odin. I have not gotten an odin up to this point because every time I think about it, I'll just keep using my steam deck for this. I'll save the hundreds of dollars and just keep using my using my Steam deck, which it mostly is going to do a lot of the same stuff. And the support there is off the off the charts, so I can kind of rely on the community there in a lot of ways. And you know PS three has been out running on that thing from the beginning, so I don't need to be rash and go out and get this thing. The thor serves a very specific purpose for me.
Speaker 1: Speaking about specific purpose, Jeff Crubb, you picked out something that is very specific to you. You are you have been using the Analog three D.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so it's like I've been using it a lot in the length the last week, and there's been some updates to it. The ever drive got fully updated. It's fully compatible now. That's been great. So the big thing that did happen recently with that ever drive update is they put a follow up update, a follow up up date out for it that enables the unleashed power mode to work on the Analog three D, which is basically they're super overclocked. Basically, it's just like unlock the CPU, unlock the GPU, and let these games run as good as possible. And with that turned on, with thirty two bit color turned on and d blur turned on, and those are like the main ones that make a difference. This is a it's an n sixty four pro.
Speaker 4: It really is.
Speaker 2: It is a mid gen refresh. I know the gen and it feels like they just started the n sixty four generation. We're already getting a mid gen refresh. But it really is the best way to play in sixty four games in the vast majority of cases, which is not what I was expect I was expecting with this thing. I was thinking I would get something that's just like another way to play in sixty four.
Speaker 1: It's not.
Speaker 3: It's the best way to finally have a way to play Mario sixty four in the year twenty twenty five.
Speaker 2: Yes, exactly. That's the old thing is like, yeah, okay, we're sick os, we're doing this. We all know what's going on here. I just want to know the reason to spend money on the Nintendo sixty four because I'm nostalgic and stupid. It's not that, it's more than that.
Speaker 4: It is like the.
Speaker 2: Performance of stuff like Perfect Dark matched up with the accuracy, which is not something you get from most emulators, like they most emulators mess up stuff like trilinear filtering, which makes the textures look right. This gets all that stuff right and then runs the games better. Now you're not going to get the upscaled resolution. It would be nice to have that option, I suppose, but I would probably still choose to run in sixty four games at their original resolution because that does a good job of hiding things and it looks good when you put on the CRT filters, which is how I would mostly play this. And it's it's just an ideal in.
Speaker 4: Sixty four in just about every way, and mix revisiting that library really really nice.
Speaker 3: It is my favorite way now too. And like GB, you and I both have a million ways to play sixty four games. I mean we've got retro tanks, multiple and you know and stuff. We've got so many different ways to do this. I got a mister that has a four core and everything on it. Now, Yeah, like the ID have this sleek thing that sits underneath my TV, just one HDMI cable out and it has both Bluetooth and it can just like in the original controllers there, and it just looks incredible and has all these great options like that. This is my favorite way to play in sixty four games right now. And I know I mentioned before on the BombCast that my ever drive was not working with it. I didn't go ahead. Yeah, oh they have the ever Drive. Yeah oh, I didn't know they have to drive.
Speaker 2: That's what that was saying. Yeah, I bought a summer cart too, because they has better sixty four D D sports not here yet, but they updated the ever drive so that you can get the full support of unleashed in everything. Yeah, they did that in the last week. Oh geez, that's sound. That's sound. That's what I'm using it. When the quick look goes up, people see my backups.
Speaker 1: Link me to whatever I do to the ever drive because yeah, I like, it's super simple.
Speaker 2: You'll have to boot it up for the first time with the new bootloader on original hardware.
Speaker 3: But once you do that, you're talking about that. Yeah yeah, okay, yeah, but no, the Anaalog three D is just fantastic. Like they just continue to be like and if I'm going to play like a GBA game, I'm doing it on the pocket, I'm playing a sixty four game, I'm playing it on the on the three D.
Speaker 2: It's great and I'll think I think this is Analog's best products so far. The pocket is so versatile and open and really really good. But it's like something about this of them sort of solving problems with the N sixty four in a way that most other things have not, and that improved performance. I keep going back to it, but I kind of can't overstate how much of a difference it makes. It's huge. So they really came through with this thing. And I don't think the two hundred and fifty that I paid for it was too much. That's about the right price for it. I know it just went up to two seventy, but even then, my God's that seems like a pretty fair price.
Speaker 4: For what this is.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm very happy for you, guys. I'm also happy that it's time for the news.
Speaker 4: The news keeps coming, and just most top coming.
Speaker 1: News.
Speaker 2: All right, let's do this news. Capcom is reportedly working on a new Dead Rise in sequel starring Frank West. A new Dead Rising game featuring the original protagonist Frank West is is reportedly in development at Capcom. This is not a remaster or remake, but a new main entry. According to MP First and VGC sources, The sequel was said to take place in Hollywood with a massive or inside of a massive inclused movie studio a lot, so it's a leisure suit Larry box office bus, like this is what we're going to h Yeah, it sounds like this is the kind of thing where this could be popping up here pretty soon. They did do that remake Slash remaster, mostly a remaster of that first one recently, and that was well received. I'm I'm ready for more Dead Rising. I think it's the kind of thing that it makes sense for Capcom right now.
Speaker 3: It's been long enough. Like I remember, I remember being one of the defenders of three. You know that Xbox one launch around there.
Speaker 2: I think it was a launch game.
Speaker 3: I like, it didn't have the most personality of the series, but I still thought was super fun. And then something about four, even though it wasn't four Frank West, it was like Chris Frank West, you know, like general theme.
Speaker 4: I think. So I didn't play that one, though.
Speaker 3: I played enough to just know that it wasn't for me, and I'd like to go back to that and see what that did wrong. But especially after the deluxe remaster, like Man Dead Rising, there's really nothing quite like it, and I yes, there's definitely room for more of that.
Speaker 2: So it does sound like this will go back to the clock mechanic, the time mechanic of the first one for this new game, and it's like, yeah, this one, I can kind of see it. I think the idea is the enemy that has trapped you, the villain that's trapped you in this movie. Studio is trying to film the perfect movie, and my mind keeps going back to Stuntman of like trying to get the scenes beat the right and stunt man.
Speaker 3: Or super Larry Box Office Bust or well.
Speaker 2: Yeah I got I just don't want to be so obvious, but yeah, leisure suit Larry Box Office Bust, where it's like you're trying to do these runs as you learn the game, where it's like, okay, now I can go through this scene and I just nailed that perfectly. Let's get to this next one. I don't know it quite as well, but maybe I'll get lucky. I could see that structure working really well with something like that, so kind of exciting, and Capcom themselves are making it like it's being done internally. It sounds like I think they're going to try to make this like one of the other pillars that holds up next to Resident Evil and Monster Hunter and stuff like that. I don't think it could reach that tier, but they'll try to give it a modern glow up, and I think there's a potential for.
Speaker 1: It to hit. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I think there's a lot of runway for Dead Rising to contemporize, right Like, I think there's stuff that could be added in terms of quality of life.
Speaker 3: So that's excitingers Goose.
Speaker 2: Indeed, trademark control Resident appears to have been filed by Remedy. This is likely a new control game. It's also the kind of thing that could pop up at like the Game Awards.
Speaker 4: There.
Speaker 2: It's hard to like read too much into the timing of trademark filings, but they do occasionally happen right before the first public mention and we are mere days away from the game awards. So does it feel like time for new control to you guys, because it does to me.
Speaker 3: Yes, I mean they I think, what was that multiplay FBC or whatever? Yeah, yeah, maybe that's why in my head it's like I've been that long. But that's a totally different thing obviously, Yeah.
Speaker 4: It was a different team and everything. Yeah, yeah, I think I think it makes sense for sure.
Speaker 1: I think the d l C.
Speaker 4: What was the last controlled d l C. I don't remember what it was called when.
Speaker 2: That experience?
Speaker 1: Yeah a w Yeah, yeah, there is a gotcha there anime wife who control game out right now?
Speaker 3: Jane, we have to stop you.
Speaker 1: What can I do? I don't understand were going to cut your internet cables? Jane?
Speaker 4: Say that again slowly and make eye contact.
Speaker 1: There is a gotcha anime lady wife who control game out right now.
Speaker 4: You know, I heard you eleven syllables, but it just I don't know, it felt a lot longer forever. Unpack this carefully.
Speaker 1: There's an anime wife who gotscha control game out right now? Right? So what does that mean? I I know what some of that means, but what does it present? Like?
Speaker 4: Like what are we what are we talking about? I don't know.
Speaker 1: I haven't explored it because I know people will judge.
Speaker 2: Well, what make songs about?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 7: Ooh?
Speaker 2: Control? Right?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 4: Right? I'm gonna get out of here. That's my time, folks. Listen, that's all for me. But Jan, how is it control?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 4: What are you saying?
Speaker 1: I think like it's in terms of the gameplay, like you're shooting, you're like Telekanisa stuff. Uh okay, I swear I didn't have a fever dream about this.
Speaker 4: No, I believe it exists. Anything's possible in twenty twenty.
Speaker 1: Of course, now that I'm trying to panically google this to prove myself, I'm not finding it.
Speaker 4: That doesn't mean anything, you know, it could mean something.
Speaker 2: Nintendo is acquiring band dynamicos Singapore Studio and we'll rename it Nintendo Studio Singapore.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: This is Yeah, it's a small acquisition. They're spending like seven hundred and seventy thousand dollars, which is like probably barely going to cover lawyer's fees after all, this like deal is done. The ideal, the idea seems to be here that this was a studio that helped out a bunch of companies, like making assets. But it worked on Pickment or I'm sorry, I think it worked on uh the uh was the shoot or Splatoon. It worked on Splatoon assets for Nintendo and a few other things.
Speaker 4: But specifically.
Speaker 1: Is what the game is called.
Speaker 2: This is the anime anime Wife Food Got Your Game?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's part of it's part of the hoyoverse.
Speaker 4: I bet it's actually that's what tinga scooze really is.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: Anyway, it sounds like Natata's like, we'll start paying these people's salary instead, since you might be considering closing them down and we don't want that because they did some work for us, so we're going to take this on instead. This is not some This is nowhere near like an Activision acquisition or something like that. It is just them shoring up the support for their future games. It does show that Nintendo is mindful of these things though, like we want to have a strong pipeline of being able to develop games, and we use a lot of external partners, and if they're threatened unless their alpha dream, we're going to step in and do something about it and make sure that they can keep making games for us.
Speaker 1: And they continue their run of having the most creative names for their studios.
Speaker 2: I mean in SS Nintendo Studio Singapore, US boy I just.
Speaker 3: Studio B four, where it is business, all business.
Speaker 2: They're in Indiana. Oh yeah, weird.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 2: Splitter Cell remake has a new director and it's the same one who left three years ago. Sounds like just things are going swimmingly over there at Ubisoft, who reappointed Day Grivell as the game director for the Splinter Cell remake, a role he previously held from November twenty twenty one to October twenty twenty two. Drivell announced his return to Ubisoft Toronto on LinkedIn, calling it a very special team and project. Ubisoft confirmed the remake in December twenty twenty one, stating it would be built with Snowdrop Engine to update the two thousand and two original with new generation visuals, gameplay, and dynamic lighting. Since sharing concept are in November twenty twenty two, there has been little information, so yeah, I guess they're still working on that. This at this point, this story of ubusoffian like we were working on a game. It'll happen one day, we promise, is like something they've done so many times with like Beyond Good and Evil. And I guess that Prince of Persia sansa Time remake, which does seem like it might be coming out soon, but I just I'm sick of it. Just tell me when the game actually has something going on that we can really look at.
Speaker 3: They should make the first splinter so good this time.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's is this this is not? Is this a Metal Gear versus Splinter Cell thing or is this a stealth thing?
Speaker 1: Both?
Speaker 3: It is actually both because it was always compared the two and splinterself was one with no personality and also was very annoying to play.
Speaker 4: The entire time.
Speaker 2: Is awesome. I can't like they put.
Speaker 3: What if you're not good at sneaking, well, don't play the game, then Dan the Metal Gears let me play it.
Speaker 4: Also, it's not no personality, it's Tom Clancy Dad person Right. It's a very small difference there.
Speaker 1: Jane, we still got to do the co op mode. I was gonna say that is good? Yes, yes, yes, is it Pandora's Tomorrow? Am I making up a title again?
Speaker 3: Tomorrow is the second one, and Chaos Theory was the third. I think it was the Chaos Theory co op mode. I did that with KL way back in the day. I was super fun.
Speaker 1: No, we yeah, we should do that in the next year. Yes, I've got it on the on the list.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, I just break my stylist for my tablet in my sock.
Speaker 1: Sorry, Bud, you got I'm a dipshit man. You got hard ass skin, Dug.
Speaker 2: I don't know, man, that's weird. I barely did anything to it.
Speaker 3: Chat, You're wrong. It's not Spies verse Merks. Spies versus Merks was that early Xbox Live version on the original Xbox that was a that was a versus mode thing. Uh oh, Marino saying it's Conviction that has the co op mode. Conviction was a good one. Yes, Conviction was the first good splinter selling Maybe you're just only good.
Speaker 2: You just liked how all those the splash screens with all the titles over the game and everything.
Speaker 1: Conviction was awesome.
Speaker 3: You get a little camera, put it out of the door.
Speaker 1: It's great. Backler and I are the font sikos. Yeah, so Zone for two here.
Speaker 2: So people are trying to figure out what that Game Awards mysterious devilish statue mean.
Speaker 1: And that's why I'm going, guys, I'm going to get to the bottom of this.
Speaker 2: It's in the desert, and I do think that you're overdue for like a walk in the desert on Peyote Awards statue.
Speaker 3: I need to see what this is like is like crazy, oh God, like.
Speaker 2: Looking on the hass, like the red tentacles coming out of it. Anyway, people are like it's God of War.
Speaker 4: It's not got War. People that was like reporting this is related to Diablo.
Speaker 2: That makes sense. A Diablo DLC drop, of course, that's the kind of thing that would do. They have a lot of money over there at Blizzard. Apparently Diablo has been ruled out as well. Uh so maybe it is still Diablo. I don't know. But if it's not those two games, it's got to be Bubbsy. Right, Yeah, this is cool. It could being Goose.
Speaker 4: I mean it's either so here's the thing, right, this is either said that it's just so insane that Wellings is now just like the catch all for anything we keep we don't have words for it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, is very problematic. Yeah, well, I feel like I feel like it's.
Speaker 4: I don't know, it feels like very obviously a paid, bought and sold thing. And so when you have something like that, is it like is it the weird thing where it's like it's the thing where it's like they couldn't say no to the amount of money that they were going to offer to just you know, uh epp, this like statue thing or is this a game franchise studio that people actually hear about?
Speaker 2: I mean it could be a little column A column B.
Speaker 1: I don't know it's I don't think people should get their hopes up because the odds are That could be like where wins meet style game. It is like a gigantic game that maybe mulbil to play that we've never heard of. It could just be a collaboration with that.
Speaker 2: Maybe maybe it's Echo the Dolphin.
Speaker 3: Do you remember when Michael Jackson was going to do that comeback tour and he was planning for a fifty foot robot of himself to roam the desert around Las Vegas.
Speaker 1: No, I don't remember this.
Speaker 3: I remember thinking that was a really cool idea. I liked the idea, and I wish they would have made that giant robot.
Speaker 4: Damn, he should have a mech it lights up at night. That's neat.
Speaker 1: Yeah, them control.
Speaker 4: Maybe you think so, I don't think I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't think so.
Speaker 4: But it could be.
Speaker 2: I just like it's the The Diablo made so much sense because it just looked satanic. So and it's got like skulls on it or whatever, or is it just people's heads is like a bust.
Speaker 4: I don't know it's I don't see it being God of it doesn't it's not Got of War. It's not Got War. Yeah, it's pretty metal. Oh sorrows, says Lexie.
Speaker 1: I could see that, George, Yeah, sorrows.
Speaker 4: It's got like a I could see. I mean, I think this door is gonna open up. I think someone's gonna come out of it.
Speaker 1: Michael jackis dule it will be half Life three.
Speaker 4: Actually I'm I'm almost positive it couldn't be Half Life three.
Speaker 2: They wouldn't do anything this way way.
Speaker 1: Yes, you're gonna open up your steam deck and it's like, oh, it's been there the whole time. Yeah, incredible.
Speaker 2: All right, let's see here. Your metal Gears producer says he's decided on future remix. Middle Gear Solid Flour would be a real challenge. Basically, what they what they're saying is they did Delta and now they are assessing things and in the planning like early planning stages for what would come next. He did say that middle Gear Solid Flour would be a challenge, especially because they probably would not be able to do the thing they did with with three, which is like let's just apply a code of paint on top because the code is so wonky for four, that's his words, not mine. Actually he didn't say wonky, but that's basically what he said. It is also kind of it's like that is going to be the marque game in volume two, so people are going to be playing the original version of that in some way. I'm assuming when the volume two collection comes out here in the near future, something they reconfirmed as well. So, yeah, Dan, where do they go with middle Gear next? After this, especially after like having some space from Delta and being able to look around a little bit and be like, where should they go?
Speaker 3: I mean, the Pie in the Sky would be one, But yeah, one you have to just kind of like full on Twin Snake style. But like, like I think, I think the coolest thing they could do is a full on remake of one, but faithful, you know, I like Twin Snakes. A lot of people don't, but I do think a full remake of one would be incredible. Other than that, you could just do kind of the Delta treatment for two. You know, it's the same console, probably the same type of you know, backbones on that one. But yeah, four, I would just do an order. I would just do an order chronologically, so go from three to one to two to four, I know I'm skipping peace Walker because it doesn't matter.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I got metal Grass on here, and I was tempted to maybe start playing it.
Speaker 2: Uh, peace Walker is the one you want to play co op, right, Dan, I do want.
Speaker 3: To try that, just because I've never played peace Walker because it was on the fucking PSP. But uh, I mean Greg Miller's best game of all time. Yeah, the craziest thing he's ever said. And he continues to say, Yes, I do want to do co op peace Walker. Her on this website with with the compadres.
Speaker 4: All right, I don't know Padres will write again.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 3: Okay, here's cut scenes with the A comic book.
Speaker 4: Eh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but that's because Hindeo Kojima is busy with his new role in Hollywood. Uh in Zutopia two's Japanese dub, where he will be replacing a Hollywood star.
Speaker 1: Rmon Is he replacing Roman Reigns or the Zebras? Hold in There, hold on There?
Speaker 2: Deo Kojima has confirmed the he voices the character Paul Molda Brandt, a mole in the Zutopia Police Department for the Japanese dub of Zutopia two. The film, which released internationally on November twenty eighth. Blah blah blah. Uh that I believe that is the role done by Josh Gadd, which confirms what I've always said that Hideo Kojima is Japan's Josh Gadd.
Speaker 3: A lot of people are saying it. It's not brave of you to say it.
Speaker 2: Alight, Listen, I think I'm a hero, you know.
Speaker 1: I think Josh Gadd gets.
Speaker 4: A bad rap.
Speaker 1: He is.
Speaker 3: There's going to be a version of this movie where it stars at the same time Hideo Kajima, Roman Reigns and Seampunk.
Speaker 2: You could probably mishmash that up if you need to.
Speaker 3: I mean, they are the Zebras in that one. They are Zebra cops.
Speaker 4: I think together that sounds.
Speaker 1: Like I didn't know that. Yeah, I guess if you watch the credits of the Japanese dub, they would show the American voice cast as well, So in one credits scroll there'd be Okay, Hideo Kajima and the Zebras. That's that's funny to me.
Speaker 2: Okay Horses. The upsetting horror game, previously banned on Steam gets Last Minute, banned from Epic Game Store as well. The controversial horse horror game Horses has been banned from both Steam and the Epic Game Store. Developer Santa Reggione reported that Steam banned the game after submitting an unfinished build, vaguely citing content guidelines and a rule against depicting sexual content involving a minor. So let's hold up, like, what is that there is a scene in the game, or there was a scene in the game, it's actually been changed where a a naked woman with a horse head was carrying around a child on her shoulders. And it's supposed to be introspective and an illusion. It's a metaphor. It is not sexual in traditional terms, but it was against steams guidelines, so the game was changed by the developer. He made it to adults instead of one of the the person on the shoulder being a kid. And Steam's like, well, no, too late, you already did it once. We're not gonna We're not going to reverse our decision now, even though you complied with our guidelines. Epics like, we'll host it, we're gonna put you on the Epic Game Store instead, and then Epic changed their mind at the very last minute, apparently like an hour before it was going to go live, they changed it as well. This is like, especially on Steam, this has brought up a lot of conversations, like there are so many games with like just rampant sex of all kinds, characters that appear to like as if they could be miners, especially in anime style games. Where's the line drawn here? And why is this game that is clearly trying to explore something and it is an adult game that deals with deep, mature themes. Why is this the one that is getting banned from sale threatening the chance for this game to actually make any money, because if you're not on Steam, you're probably dead on PC.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know. I feel like even folks in the chat are pointing this out. But Baby Steps, you see a lot of dicks in that game.
Speaker 4: She seems quite a few dicks.
Speaker 1: And I mean, like, you know, a critically acclaimed game, probably on the top of my list Dispatch. You see dong, you see boobs, and that is they are explicitly to having intercourse over there and banging. So I don't see how that doesn't cross the line the initial thing of a child being involved. I do see that being the issue. But if that's been fixed Yeah. My guess here is is this is probably due to some international laws. They are not international laws in other countries where it's just like it is so harsh against any speech that even brushes up against this in any way. And then and if you violate those laws as a service that provides these games.
Speaker 2: From other people, you're pretty protected in America, where it's like you are not liable for something that someone sells on your store. Typically that's not true everywhere. And so the way that epic suddenly was like, oh wait, no, we're not doing this either. So that tells me there is a lawyer somewhere that saw a law in some country. It's like, even if it was ever in there, once you're you're taking a chance here for potentially being sued, and we just can't do that.
Speaker 1: So yeah, it's it's.
Speaker 2: Unfair for this game, certainly because they try to address the issue and it does not seem like it's it's actually in the spirit of the rule, But lawyers don't don't care about that.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 3: Hey, Greb, can I ask the news question?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Please?
Speaker 3: Why was the chat talking about Half Life three in December eleventh?
Speaker 2: Uh, there's been ongoing rumors about halflay.
Speaker 3: Three December eleventh is what I saw the chat bringing up. So I want to run it through the grub filter because that's.
Speaker 1: The Game Awards day, right it is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Okay, let's let's go over here three hours ago from screen rant. Let's just read through this and see if we can figure it out.
Speaker 3: Okay, Okay, we're geniuses and say it right, Okay, okay, we're gonna get the news right here.
Speaker 1: We're gonna do it.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: Being a half Life three fan isn't easy, and it's been a struggle for players to keep their hopes alive. After constantly being disappointed by leaks and having no official confirmation from Valve blah blah blah. A new leak via Reddit has many players raising eyebrows suggesting that half Liy three is not only in the works, but that an announcement is imminent. Further, the leaker, who goes by source two leak a, I m L just here, I know right that suggests here that half Live three should be announced on the eleventh, which also happens to be this year's date for the Game Awards.
Speaker 3: Now, I don't think if it's done, Reddit, I don't think you can put fake stuff on there.
Speaker 2: No, it's against the against the content.
Speaker 4: Yes, soon where like okay, keep going because obviously, like leakers are have reputations, right, like there are people who garner pedigrees, So like, is this some random prick who cares?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Look, there's a lot of other people out there who are that do have reputations that have been saying something's happening soon and a date and that it's this year. Okay, I think that I am buying into Kighley having this just because there's like there's been a lot of stuff on Steam in the last month referencing games that have been nominated for the Game Awards, something they've done before, but it just seems really loud this year, like there's a strong partnership there. Also, Jeff Keey does have a strong relationship with Valve. He did like those twenty four hours leading those big stories about Half Life and stuff like that back in the day. So and you know, one hundred million people watch the game. I know Valve doesn't need it. They have the biggest audience in the world of people who actually spend money on games on their platform. This would be big and splashy, and I'm sure Keeley lobbied to get it, So I'm I'm beginning to believe I do think Half Life three gets announced before the end of the year.
Speaker 4: Really, I'm fully on board with that. Wait now now, okay, now, now let's just travel back about three d sixty days. Sure, well, yeah, and I do feel like we were very, very busy for Game Awards last year.
Speaker 3: Except for that one. Yeah, But that's my point is.
Speaker 2: That, like, but I think that the way the reason I like I jumped on board in that moment as well, is I had been hearing about Half Life three pretty frequently and then seeing that for people that don't know, we kind of saw a sheet that was like a bunch of stories that were getting ready to be posted or whatever, and that included Half Life three.
Speaker 4: I was like, yeah, that's sounds about right now. It didn't happen then, but I'm like, well, I think it's still in.
Speaker 2: The works, and it's Valve. Who knows when they're actually going going to announce this, but everyone must be hearing the same things I'm hearing. And now it's that's been this whole last month and a half has been those stories popping off repeatedly.
Speaker 4: Halfway three is the game is the only game that I would ever get excited about an announcement.
Speaker 1: Only excite you.
Speaker 4: Listen, listen if I'm being very specific, okay about like a surprise announcement. I don't think there's any other game where I would like like stand for my chair and be like, wow, that's actually you just said we're going to do the talk over.
Speaker 3: I need you to stand on your chair if it happens and go.
Speaker 4: Wow, just like that.
Speaker 1: I will.
Speaker 4: I will.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're gonna pause the stream and everything.
Speaker 4: I'm not going to stand on my chair, but I will stand. Wow. I'm like, wow, they actually did, just because it's like it's it's like the one unicorn kind of thing, right, you know what I mean? Forever it seems like improbable. And even this fucking talk now is like, you know, just tickling the plums in a way that you're sort of like, hey, what are you doing?
Speaker 1: You know? Yeah?
Speaker 4: I mean a Half Life two is probably my favorite game of all time. I think, man, fuck this ship. Last year, you guys were just like I remember, I remember I could. I went to the awards right and you guys were doing the talk over, and I knew that like we literally parted ways, Like I went into the arena and you guys just drank the kool.
Speaker 3: Aid and you guys true, Oh man, here it comes.
Speaker 4: I want to go back in the discord and just see you guys were like, it's really happening. It's really happening.
Speaker 3: I'll right now, if they do announce it by the end of this year, I will do a for the first time ever, I will play through the entirety of Half Life two, and I will do it on this website.
Speaker 4: Oh that's I love that. That's probably the only game I know like completely.
Speaker 1: I play it every year.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I fucking I fucking love it. I fuck. I just think it's also so cursed. I think this whole like I can't get excited about it because it's just, you know, I just can't the occasion, you know what I mean. There, I will give you the most genuinely ecstatic Wow.
Speaker 1: Okay, we're going to make commemorate it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, just call it wow kis.
Speaker 2: Also, I guess been seems like teasing something along the lines of Half Life three, But where where would.
Speaker 4: Be like on like Reddit and stuff, Like he's like posting all over the place post Yeah, it's all up at like four point thirty in the morning, like, oh, you guys are gonna believe what I got for you at the morning.
Speaker 1: I'm relieved.
Speaker 2: I think he was like there was also like a like his Steam account, I had some game attached to it that people are like, wait, there's no store page for.
Speaker 4: This, and he was kind of coy about that. I don't know if that was confirmed to be something.
Speaker 2: More than what it actually appeared to be.
Speaker 4: But you'll be there, Bud.
Speaker 1: Let's let's see we wowow it happens at the show. I will stand up in my seat in the theater and loudly go wow, you will. I'm gonna lose my shit, and then I'm gonna go it's my birthday.
Speaker 4: It's just so silly.
Speaker 3: Man Hop gonna stand up with his belt and Jane's gonna stand up.
Speaker 1: And go wow, and I'm gonna steal his belt.
Speaker 4: I mean, it's only been twenty five years in the fucking making, you know, That's all. That's all epicx.
Speaker 2: Tim Sweeney says it makes no sense for game stores to flag went AI's shut up. His argument is like, it's gonna use Ai, But everyone else's argument is like, so like, we don't care, just tell us when you're using it. We could still make informed decisions. And he didn't really have our argument back against that, and everyone was clowning on him like it was like he got a cavalcade of people being like, shut up, nerd. It was quite a sight to see.
Speaker 4: I don't get his I don't get his point at all, Like, what is it hurt to tell us what is being used to make a game?
Speaker 2: Doesn't make any sense, greb.
Speaker 1: You had a brilliant point yesterday when you held up a bottle of water and you looked at the ingredients sentence like, oh, there's no harm in telling me that the ingredients in this bottle of water is water.
Speaker 2: So yeah, it's like what, Yeah, it didn't hurt anybody. Everyone's fully informed about an obvious thing, so what like we can move on with our lives and people can still make decisions based on that. Paramount is planning a mysterious Sonic The Hedgehog movie spin off. Paramount is planning a fifth Sonic the Hedgehog movie, an unnamed Sonic Universe feature, for release on December twenty second, twenty twenty eight, suggesting a spinoff. This follows the fourth Sonic film, set from March nineteenth to twenty twenty seven. That's right near my birthday. The expansion is and Backlar's birthday. The expansion is unsurprising given the franchise, the success highlighted by Sonic the Hedgehog three's record bit breaking one billion dollars.
Speaker 1: In global gross last December.
Speaker 2: It's it's massively popular that movie series. All right, So.
Speaker 3: The kids today seeing a Sonic the Hedgehog movie than have played Sonic the Hedgehog two for the Sega Genesis.
Speaker 1: Yes, oh, yes, well it's not even close. Oh my god, Dan, how does it feel that a lot more kids know Jim Carrey from Sonic than anything he's ever done.
Speaker 4: That's easy too. Here's the truth, Dan, the movies are better than the original video game.
Speaker 1: Oh you stop that, that's true.
Speaker 4: They are. They're they're just like Sonics a better movie character.
Speaker 3: Then he has a video game character. Oh, he's a great second Genesis character.
Speaker 1: That's sorry.
Speaker 2: And second, I feel like it's still no Fire Marshall build and uh his roll and Sonic the head.
Speaker 3: Shock person that was the biggest Halloween costumers.
Speaker 1: Here is fire Marshall Bench Hunters, and then Fire Marshall Bill.
Speaker 4: Yeah, when is Fire Martiall Bill coming to Fortnite?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, the color season.
Speaker 2: It's one of the.
Speaker 1: Clown in Fortnite.
Speaker 4: Hold me the clown in Fortnite?
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, now all right, could be the fly Girls in anything.
Speaker 4: But the sound stuff is not surprising though, like right, and Ben Schwartz is a fucking treasure who doesn't want to party with? Ben Schwartz seems like the light. So that's that's the question that it's like, this is a spin off?
Speaker 2: Does it not focus on Sonic and they've already done They've they've done a spin off of a Knuckles TV show, right, So what would this spinoff movie be if it's not gonna focus Sonic? And is it like a shadow kits as whole?
Speaker 4: I guess.
Speaker 2: Keanu Reeves was, Yeah.
Speaker 4: It's gonna be a shadow or yeah, I hope it's just a p G. John Wick.
Speaker 3: What if it's like a shadow but it's like a mockumentary, like a Waiting for Guffman with shadow?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 3: I don't know?
Speaker 2: What like that in my head that I want to bow Jack Horseman with Bubbs.
Speaker 1: That's that's pretty good. That'd be too fucked up.
Speaker 4: I was gonna We're gonna have the nerve, the bravery to do that. No, no one's no one's got time.
Speaker 1: They should throw us in a Sonic movie. There's we have no one, but we could just be a bunch of chows. Oh my god, a bunch of chows.
Speaker 3: Well, the mclarroy's getting themselves in the trolls. We're gonna get a Sonic as a as a bunch of chos. But uh, don't have Nadi being because that would drive him insane. We just have fos recording a podcast.
Speaker 4: Yeah, in the ballan wonder World movie Get out of Here? Do we think Shadows got the juice for a Oh? I think so yeah.
Speaker 2: I think after that third movie made a billion dollars and he was a big part of it. That's that's probably what they're thinking.
Speaker 1: Shadow is like Vegeta to children in terms of like, oh, he's for grown men. Exactly. He's a bad man, all right, kids.
Speaker 4: Like Shadow because well he had his he he turned into the good guy.
Speaker 1: So exactly. That's their first introduction to the trope of an like an anti hero, Like does he.
Speaker 2: Use a shoot eagle, Like does he use a shoot desert desert.
Speaker 1: In the movie.
Speaker 3: I don't remember in the games like seeing a desert eagle in either the film or the video.
Speaker 1: The Shadow I have not seen the movie.
Speaker 3: The chat is saying the shadow is like Steve Austin in the movie.
Speaker 1: Is that true? No? Not?
Speaker 4: I mean it's it's more like a like a Red john Wick, like a.
Speaker 1: Like a you know, like yeah, yeah, okay, hm, anyway, not a lot of.
Speaker 4: Range in Keanu, but still doing the part we need him to do.
Speaker 1: I absolutely adore him.
Speaker 4: What do you mean?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 2: Steam machines could cost around seven hundred dollars build analysis estimates. It's probably story we're gonna keep coming back to until we know the price.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: Basically the story wise coming out of the announcement is it's gonna be priced like a PC. And then they people kept asking and valves like it's gonna be like priced like if you were to build a comparable PC to the performance of this device. So people did some math that's build building, like are specing out PC parts like it's gonna be around seven hundred dollars. I think that's with the caveat that RAM prices could still go up and really drive the price of this thing up to like seven hundred eight hundred group.
Speaker 4: What did I see about like GPU prices changing though? What is so?
Speaker 2: GPUs are just a computer you put inside your computer. It has all of the components of a computer inside a GPUs. So that RAM, which is actually the faster RAM, and it was already more expensive than DDR five rams, this is six and six x uh. That is something that is going to go. It was already going up in price. The big thing that happened. And I just I saw this headline when I was checking some like financial news because this is like mover and shaker stuff in Nvidia apparently is going to stop providing the RAM themselves, right, partners that make their GPUs right so in video makes GPUs, sure, But what they really do is they designed GPUs and then third party partners licensed at the third party partners they make the bulk of those.
Speaker 4: Most people have, like you did have an EVGA evg A got out while the getting was good.
Speaker 2: They got out before all this nonsense happened. They made a lot of it was a lot of made a lot of sense. But all those partners that are still there are now going to have to source their own RAM and and that seems like it's only going to cause prices to go up because now there's going to be multiple vendors bidding for that same stuff against one another to build the same product.
Speaker 4: And it's like, oh, that's a nightmare in the making.
Speaker 1: So so say like the AI bubble just explodes tomorrow, it would still take years years to recover, and like the prices to go to age sustainable.
Speaker 2: So all the investments already happened, right, So all the money's spent to build up these plants that manufacture that manufacture that stuff. It hasn't just been earmarked, it's it's happened already. They've already spent their investment over there. And if they if the AI market market exploded, they're not suddenly going to have a bunch of money left over to go put back in this thing that is more stable. They're going to have to just live with what they've done.
Speaker 3: That.
Speaker 2: You know, it would probably drive prices down for that very that high bandwidth memory, but not enough to make a difference immediately for sure. Cool, Well, well that doesn't for deadlines. Handing the showback over jan.
Speaker 1: All right, folks, we're gonna go take another quick bricky break and we will be back with emails. These are for the show emails. Bombcastigiant bomb dot com is the email addressed to send your emails to write in about any and everything, and I will read them. Thank you everyone for sending all of your lovely, lovely emails in each week. We are inundated with so many emails. We only have so much time on the show to get to them, so I will only be able to get to a few today. First email comes from John I patch Wolf interesting, He's Irish. Hello by the surname Hello, BombCast. First time longtime Taco Bell recently opened up its first location in Ireland, and under the guidance of one Dan Reiker, I partook. Here are my thoughts. I was surprised how many dishes were some variation of cheese wrapped in a tortilla. That shouldn't be surprised the whole deal, including the cheesy rolls, which were literally just that and nothing else. I did tell roll up. Yeah, despite the simplicity, I could not deny the warm comfort many of these dishes brought. It was deeply unchallenging pleasant food. What's more, the dishes were accented by some truly sensational dips. Both the lava and Jolapano dip did a lot to add a hint of sweet tang to the soft, safe flavors. Where the illusion became began to come apart was anytime the dishes moved away from taco slim tortillas and began to morph into a visage of actual food. The results were bastard homokula. The results were bastard homoculous that were neither slime enough to be Taco Bell or real enough to be food, Like Pinocchio if frozen halfway through transforming into a real boy. These dishes were uncanny and disturbing, half animalph okay, sure what came out of my body afterwards made me question if I were still human. Love the podcast john Ipatchwolf ps its the fact uh ps. If Backlar offers to read this in my voice, please do not let him.
Speaker 4: Be a bathroom joke.
Speaker 3: Everyone's made it again. Never had a weird poop after taco Bell, eaten Taco Bell thousands of times, No weird American stomach. Now my body's used to it. And it just knows how to work it absolutely. Also, John, I love how he described the food as pleasant and deeply unchallenging. And I do want people to describe me that way.
Speaker 4: Now, I mean, she got some work to do, buddy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's that's what I strive for you. Of course, John sent me a photo.
Speaker 4: Of a of like a table what must have been a one hundred and eighty dollars worth of taco Bell.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 3: Well, actually I was gonna make the joke about taco bell being cheap, but actually it is actually prett expensive.
Speaker 4: Now, man, what you're doing. Good work, John, You're doing the Lord's work. You're doing experimental work. And I'm glad a Taco Bell has visited your region of the world.
Speaker 3: He drove like an hour to get there. I told him, I gotta get the chicken case of the ead. I'm curious to the lava and hal apino dip. Now, they do have a bunch of different like when they start doing the nuggets and stuff like that, there are different like in a little cup, like different avocatta ranch and spicy ranch and stuff like that. So I don't know if it's a situation like that, because like you mentioned dips. He doesn't say sauce. I said, like, oh, make sure you get a bunch of fire sauce. Like to me, fire sauce is the staple Taco Bell sauce. The Aablo Spirain's got kind of a different flavor to it, milds too mild. I think fire is exactly the sweet spot there, you know, Yeah, I agree. I don't know lava was that what he said? He said a lava, Yeah, I mean there's diablo. I'm not familiar with the lava sauce.
Speaker 4: No, yeah, I've not seen that. That might be you like a europe thing. But I've seen the avocado stuff that I'm sure.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean either as someone who really likes Taco Bell quite a bit, I think that John's summer summerization of like what the experience is dead on like.
Speaker 3: That, except for the poop thing. I think it's for your poop is John's body, and.
Speaker 4: It's John's John's body is a temple number one number two. Uh Dan, I mean, I'm sorry, but it's it's made to poop badly once in your life.
Speaker 3: It's just how I would tell you in great detail if.
Speaker 4: It had I understand. Look, I don't want to. I don't want to unpack this, but like you, you eat it so much.
Speaker 3: Butler, as a kid growing up, the only time I had weird poops was when I would like if it was like Thanksgiving and I to eat like real food at my grandma's or something about Donald's and Taco Bell every fucking day, or you know, party says and hot pockets and and poops double tapered perfe.
Speaker 4: I take it back, perfect digestive system, perfect organ perfect system.
Speaker 1: I don't know if you saw the leftovers flogged back Lar, but he's kind of.
Speaker 4: A health nut, right which part the blue chips? Double fisting fucking seven hundred grams of sugar. I don't understand the making. Okay, yeah, exactly, I'm gonna chase this ice cream for ice cream so really gross? What I said is fine? All right, Yeah, there was there were too many hand motions. Those were upsetting. I had to shield my son's eyes.
Speaker 1: All right. Well that's that doesn't quite do it for emails. We gotta take care of some things after the podcast. So general summarization of the emails. Congrats to folks for getting jobs. I'm sorry to folks for for getting let go, but thank you for tuning into the BombCast. A lot of positive sentiment across the board, and I'm very, very jazzed about that. I will close off the email segment by uh in honor of Cam's homie. Please, please, please please go check in on your homies during the holidays. While it can be a very happy, celebratory season, for some folks, maybe a little bit lonely. So go check on the homies out there. Even what you do in text type of delio shouts out to the homies out there. Boys. What have we got going on the rest of this week? It's light because the site is frozen. We got a couple quick looks. As we've mentioned several times at the tippy top of the show. There is a Metroid Prime flour Beyond Review and a little round table up on the website and on YouTube right now. Gammus Mornings from Wednesday Thursday, Friday, correct grub.
Speaker 2: Yeah, ready to go, get crew lined up for each of them.
Speaker 1: Z no Blake Club this because mister Minati had to go out on a sign Murn grab me.
Speaker 3: We'll be into apsom. We'll do a run this week.
Speaker 4: Yeah, let's let's let's do a run in Absolomo. So I think we could just beat that game and we'll go.
Speaker 1: Yeah, definitely. Uh. And then for unprofessional Fridays this week we are playing through city Trials. We're gonna do Kirby Air Riders, folks. And my dear friend Matt Shipman is going to be joining us because he is a sicko and.
Speaker 3: Told me that anime is that game anime?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I didn't put it together, but it seems like it's the anime.
Speaker 1: Yeah it is.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it.
Speaker 1: Is Metroid Prime four anime. No are you sure?
Speaker 3: No, it's a cool space adventure. It can be animes in space.
Speaker 1: Well, there's a lot, uh, folks. Anything else. We got a plugger that I forgot.
Speaker 4: Me and Sean will have an analog three D quick look up soon, which I wanted to talk about it even more, and we went through all the features, including like maybe a good guide of like here's the settings you should turn on near the end of that. We'll get that up as soon as this upload actually completes. It's a pretty big file we did in.
Speaker 3: Four kind like seeing the chants, She says, Dan. One of your notes you wrote down was is this game anime? Yeah, I forgot in my notes. I took a picture of it and posted it and I literally asked if it was anime in my notes, So maybe Kurbs anime.
Speaker 1: Okay, there you go. Fantastic, fantastic. Uh yeah, once again. Two vlogs came out over the holiday bricky break. Next week, we won't be at the Game Awards, so I'll be there, but we will have a talk over over that to really figure out what the statue of the desert is. And so then shouts out to Shut for the new website. Shouts out to seanting all this jet Shut shouts out to Will Crosby as well for doing our socials. Shouts so the homie, he's been Jeff, He's been Jeff, he's been Dan, I've been jaded. Mike Manati's somewhere at a rainforest.
Speaker 6: Top right.
Speaker 1: Episode the Giant Bodcast Thingers Goose