Speaker 1: The following is a paid podcast. iHeartRadio's hosting of this podcast constitutes neither an endorsement of the products offered or the ideas expressed.
Speaker 2: Hello, when welcome to boost your brain power. I'm your host, doctor Eric Kaplan. Today we're going to be talking about the happiness chemicals and how to halt them without any medication. So, depression and anxiety are plaguing our society, especially the last four years since the lockdowns occurred. People when they were isolated and were not able to socialize and go to school and go to the gym and church and hang out with their grandparents and people, their brainings got worse and some people have not recovered yet. So we want to come up with ways to rewire your brain to get your brain strong again, get your brain healthy again. It can happen. To do the work. It's not going to happen just in time. You got to take action. Action is the key to improving your brain function. So the first step will be to increase dopamine. Dopamine is what we hear a lot about. You know, when you've got people who do drugs and drinking and gambling addicts and sex addicts and people in smoke, cigarettes and vades and all that stuff. They're trying to get that dopamine all right, they want that quick, feel good email. It's the it's that chemical that makes you feel good, right, But it's also chemical that gets activated with reward and motivation. So, for example, finishing a task well actually release dopamine. So if you have a check west, then it says, okay, clean my closet, clean up the back of my trunk, you know, fuld my clothes, meal, prep for tomorrow. Just save a list of four or five things, and you check all of those things off in an hour or two and you finish all your tasks. You get a dopamine hick, Like wow, I put these goals out there, and I accomplish these goals. They don't have to be big, doesn't have to be to get married, have a kid, buy a new house, get a new job. They could be little, tiny things. But if you if you put a goal out there and then you finish your task, that helps to release dopamine. It's a little biochemical hack. So start making the list and start checking them off. I have all these lists I've been doing for years, for twenty years, and most of that stuff's checked off at this point, but then I add new things. You know, in the beginning, was my house, Get a car, our kids, open up an office, open up a second office, and check check check, check, check check. It'll be simple stuff. Get a new pair of glasses, get a new bike, you know, get a lawnmower, just little things. Check it off, check it off, check it off. Build a fence, get a fire pit check check. Check everything that I want, right, that might be all right. Join gym membership check right, grow a garden check. Build a chicken coop check, get a trampoline check. You know, whatever makes you happy, right, but it's got to be stuff that you need to do for your health and your well being. So you know, start drinking water every single morning right when you wake up, all right, So it's got to be a good checklist. If you can check off five things in the morning, every single morning, then you get this big dopamine hit right in the morning, and you're ready to go. You're happy, you're motivated. Right, it's a live morning checklist. Okay, work out, drink water, oil, pulling, read some of my book, write in Mike Gratitude journal. Right, if I check off all those five things every morning. Yeah, those are the best days. If I miss and I don't get to check them off, I don't give as much dopamine. I don't feel as good, lose some motivation. You got to celebrate those small winds. If you do all five of your checklists in the morning, give yourself a reward and don't click. A healthy reward, but keep yourself reward. Oh I'm gonna, you know, come home early from work today. That's a good reward. Oh you know what I'm going to read to cabin in the woods this weekend. That's a reward. Give yourself a reward, then you get the dopamine here. Give yourself a healthy reward, you know, buy yourself a new fit bit, or get a new gym, membershire, upgrade, whatever it is, you know, join a new dance class. Celebrate, all right, celebrate it's good. You get yourself a nice piece of fish or steak, or a nice meal, something that's healthy. But you don't always do now. Self care activities will least dopamine. You know, you want to. When you look good, you feel good. So make sure you're you know, whatever it is, your shirt's tucked in properly, or your you know, you gotta your belts or your pants aren't falling down, and you don't have any stains on your shirt, and your hair looks nice and brushed, and you know you don't have crust in your eyes or scenes in your teeth, that your shoes aren't all dirty, and your clothes are clean and they don't smell. You know, self care activities look good, look the part, and then you look in the mirror and you feel good. You feel more confident, you get more motivated. You gotta look good. That makes you feel better about yourself. Listening to music releases dopamine. Every single morning over the shower, I listen to music and I sing, and I scream and I dance. It's fun. Get that gray morning routine. Get so much dopamine and get you motivated for the rest of the day listening to music. Either do it in a shower or do it in the commute to work. You know, get motivated, get that music, go and get pomped up. Release that dope. Mean and then gratitude. Take a gratitude every morning, say it, write it. Not a patient today, you know, I said, You know every morning you gotta wake up. You gotta be grateful, grateful. You can see grateful, and you can hear waitful, and you can walk waitful when you can poop and pee, and you could cry and sweat Waitfully, if you can work, and you know, pay your rent and buy your groceries, stuff that everyone takes for granted, be grateful and can't be grateful and anxious at the same time. So every morning, be grateful, Be grateful. I have a phone, Grateful I could read a book. Waitful, I could listen to music. Waitful, I have friends and family. Waitful, I have a paycheck whenever it is me the simple stuff. But be grateful or gratitude results in a dopamine release. Right to summarize finishing the tasks, make that checklist, celebrating the small ways, reward yourself self care activities, look good, dress up, smell good, feel good, physical exercise right does that runners high. But when you exercise, you release dopamine. I said my morning routine. Exercise every morning, whether it's going an orange theory, going a retro fitness, taking a walk, run outside, taking a bike ride, working out with my kids. But every morning, then do some sort of exercise and get that dopamine release. Exercise is the easiest and most effective way to increase dopamine levels. And everybody needs to exercise. I don't care what your condition is. You got heart disease, you need to exercise. You got cancer, you need to exercise. You have diabetes, you need to exercise. You have obesity, you need to exercise. You have Alzheimer's disease, you need to exercise. You got depression, you need to exercise. You got anxiety, you need to exercise. I don't care what it is, stroke, multiple sclerosis, al lass, headaches, dizzyness. You gotta exercise. Now, everybody's different on which exercises they need, but you have to exercise not only for your brain, but your body as well. And we also said music, all right, listen to music. So much great music out there, the old music to bring back some of those memories. Listen to the you know, motivational music like rocky soundtrack, you know, listen to the love song if you could dance with your wife. Listen to all types of music, rock and roll and start headbanging, right, So you got to listen to all types of music, all right. And if it's music that you could sing love that other people enjoy. You know all the words even better. And then the last thing for the dopamine is the gratitude. You gotta get a gratitude journal, very very important. So that is a happiness chemical called dopamine, which is the reward and motivational one. So make sure you give yourself lots of rewards. Check off that list, accomplish your goal, be grateful for what you have. Your brain is like a muscle. You use it, you lose it. So if you don't do these activities, you're not going to release the dopamine. Now, there is a condition called Parkinson's disease that the results when you don't have enough dopamine. So if you know up Parkinson's, this is one way to prevent there. So you're producing dopamine on your oath. And dopamine not only helps with your happiness, but it helps with your movement. They said exercise and is so important. Sitting is the new smoking. Sitting kills you. And that's what most people do all day long. They sit at work, they sit at home, they sit watching TV. They sit at the restaurant, they sit at the bar, they sit at the movies, they sit at the play, They sit at dinner, they sit in the car, they sit on the bus, they sit on the train. Everything's sitting. So start doing activities that get off your butt and hopefully get you some exercise where your art starts beating. And also do weight resistant exercise as well. That's padderall exercise and aerobic exercise to get your dopamine hit so you can function better, feel better, and live a better life. This is doctor Eric Caplan. You're listening to boost your brain power more when we come back from the break.
Speaker 3: If you want to improve your brain function, help with memory, focus, sleep, digestion, energy, depression, anxiety, dizziness, balance, vision, headaches, brain fog, weight loss, or simply want to maximize your human potential and prevent future diseases, that this is the show for you. Don't mis boost your brain power with doctor Eric Kaplan and you will learn natural, integrative, and holistic approaches to modern day medical problems such as Alzheimer's, Parkinson's stroke, autism, add concussion, autoimmune diseases, insomnia, fibromyalgia, vertigo, migraines, four posture pain, TBI, skin and digestive problems. Doctor Kaplan is most famous for getting to the root cause of a wide variety of brain and health conditions, rather than treating symptoms with traditional medicines and risky surgeries. To contact the doctor Kaplin, you can call his team at two O one two six one two one five zero or visit his website at kaplindc dot com.
Speaker 2: Function better, feel better and live a better life. This is doctor Eric Kaplan, and you're listening to boost your brain power. We're going to be talking about the happiness chemicals and how to hack them. That one happiness chemical is called oxytosic and that is the love and contentment formone oxytocin. So this gets stimulating by having healthy relationships. All right, we need to have better relationships. So do what you gotta do to improve your relationships with your parents. And a lot of people have struggles with their relationships and your parents. And the best advice I ever heard is, let's say you're worried about your mom or some day, the best advice I ever heard is that your mom is who your mom is. Because your mom is who your mom is. So what does that mean is that your mom is who she is. She's not challenging. She's been that way for so many years, and you think, all of a sudden that as you get older and you mature, that she's going to all of a sudden change. No, that's never going to happen, and don't expect it to happen, and don't try and change her. You can help, you could give advice, but don't expect her to change. Your mom is who your mom is, because your mom is whom your mom is.
Speaker 3: That's it.
Speaker 2: You have to accept people for who they are. In their minds, they're doing the right thing. In their minds. They're trying to be helpful or protect you. In your mind you might think they're trying to hurt you, all right, but in their minds that's the proper way to act. And they're not going to change. So you love them for the keep parts of them right. So love them for how they take care of you, and they're loving nature, and you know how they are nice to your spouse and whatever it is, and they he'll take care of your kids, you know. Love them for the good things that they do. Thank them, call them, text them, write a letter, send a card. There's nothing better than a card. Everybody, uh, you know forgets the text messages forgets the prone messages. But a card is something that gets instilled in people's heads there, So do something special, you know, and to build healthy relations don't buy stuff expecting that to approve your relations but do stop, got it, don't buy stuff, do stop whatever it is. Go to a concert right. That way you get to listen to music, release your dopamine and build your healthy relationship and get your oxytocin to appy thes chemicals at once. Build healthy relationships with your kids, right, Build good relationships with your coworkers. While you're with your coworkers usually more than your family. A lot of the family time is spent sleeping, so when you put the hours together, it's actually a lot of the time is more at work. So you gotta have good relations Be the one that looks out and helps other people, all right, and you know, ask people what gets them going, and be helpful and contributive and you know nice and I don't care if there mean to you. You be the nice person. Right. Your co worker is who your co worker is, because your co worker is who your co worker is. So maybe spend more time with people that have better relationships with you. But always be considerate and nice and joyful and happy. You know, you want to bring the joy to work. You want to bring the happiness, bring the love, because that is contagious. Everybody wants that hit of oxytocin. But you got good healthy relationships at home with your family, with your friends, with your coworkers, good healthy relationships. Pay attention to the little details, right you know, and up your coworker was just talking about, Oh, I read this article in the Wall Street Journal this morning. No one day surprised them with the Wall Street Journal at work? They say, oh, I love this little snack place down the street. You know where I love this little meal. I get there and I one day, you're surprise them with that little meal that they love. Look for ways to make people happy and healthy. That's building healthy relationships. You know, communication is key for healthy relationships. You got to communicate. People don't talk to each other anymore, and they expect each other to read their minds. Just tell it how it is. Something makes you happy. Let people know. People want to make you happy, but they can't read your mind. Let them know. Don't expect them to know it makes you happy. You let them know, and then maybe they'll do it for you one day. This is for oxytocin. Hugging your family members. That to get a real hit of oxytocin, you've got to hug for twenty seconds straight, or you have to kiss for six seconds straight. So I do this with my wife and she notices the difference. Why if she tries to do it, you know, goodbye in the morning with just a quick kiss, Nope, I call it back and says six seconds, and then we do six seconds and then she goes, Wow, that works and she feels safe, she feels pretty. Did I feel love, I feel respected. Everybody's happy. So we start our morning with a sixth second kiss. Or with my kids, I do a twenty second hug. You know, it's more confident they have in school after that twenty second hug that releases oxytocin. So you need a six second kiss or a twenty second hug. Right to do it with your spouse, your family, right, not some random person in the street. You might get a little trouble, but hopefully you have someone closed, whether it's a friend, brother, a sister, or a girlfriend or a spouse or a boyfriend, whoever it is, child hair and the grandparent hopefully there's someone close by where every day you can at least get in one twenty second hug from somebody or one sick second kiss that will release oxytocin, that will make you more happy than you've ever been in your life. Someone to join, because guess what, it's a symbiotic relationship. You get the benefit of the twenty second hug, and they get the benefit of the twenty second hug. All right, And if you have to get a dog, get a cat, all right. But the dog is also a way to release oxytosum. When COVID happened, and my kid came home one day and said, Daddy, Daddy, they will let us even play tag in school, So that's not good. We need touch, We need hugs and kisses, holding hands. Holding hands activates oxytocinm Hold your spouse's hand, hold your significant other's hand, hold anyone hand, your friend, your grandparents, you're in, your uncle, your cousin, hold somebody's hand. Hey, there's so many ways. The six second kiss, the twenty second hug, the one minute of handholding, and you can do it, but you gotta be around people. That's why it's the love and the contentment hormone, and you have to be around people. You have to touch to socialized. Hey, if you can't find people, we said, get a pet, Play with your dog, cuddle with your dog, Hug your dog. It's your dog. Get a cat, all right, there's no excuse. There's plenty of dogs that need to be rescued. If you say, oh, I can't afford it. And then the last way to help release oxy toes head the love and contendent hormone in a natural way is helping others. Volunteering charity could just be opening a door, helping an old lady cross the road, helping someone who's short put their luggage on the airplane in the up compartment. Doesn't have to be big. You know, pay for the person's tea that's behind you. It doesn't have to be big, but help others do good things. Be the person that waves the person in in the car, not the person that cuts somebody off, right. Be the person that holds the door open, not the one that goes in first. It'll be the one that gets up and they say, oh, can you give me a glass of water? I'll get it. You'll be the one that helps. Yes, it's great to volunteer at the food kitchen, and help the homeless and build houses for those in need. Those things are all great, but don't think you have to do that every single day to get oxytocin release. You just have to do little things to help each other. You know. Luckily, I'm a doctor, so I get to help people every day. I'm a husband, so I could help my wife every day. And I'm a father, could help my kids every day. I'm a son, I could help my parents every day. I'm a brother out my brothers every day. And when you do that, you release oxytocin so that you function better, feel better, and live a better life. This is doctor Eric Kaplan. You're listening to boost your brain hour more when we come back from the break.
Speaker 3: Don't miss boost your brain power with doctor Eric Kamplin every Saturday from two pm to three pm to learn the secret of how to optimize your brain function. You can improve memory, focus, energy, sleep, digestion, mood, skin, metabolism and strength by following the science and research that doctor Caplan will be sharing with his audience. Join the adventure of discovering how to help the brain and body in a natural way while having fun at the same time, listen to boost your brain power. If you want to function better, feel better, and enjoy the quality of life you deserve called two oh one two six ' one two one five zero, or email info at kaplanbrainanbody dot com if you're interested in a free ten minute consultation with doctor Caplan, or visit kaplandc dot com for more information.
Speaker 2: Function better, feel better, and live a better life. This is doctor Eric Kaplan, and you're listening to boost your brain power. We're talking that the happiness chemicals and how to hack them. Another happiness chemical that a lot of people hear about is called serotonin, and that's what a lot of these antidepressings and anti anxiety pills try and work on. These SSRIs. So these types of medications are trying to kind of chemically hack this happiness into your brain. When we want to naturally do it, because serotonin is the mood stabilizer, So if we can naturally stabilize the mood, we won't have the side effects of some of these medications. Now, how can you naturally increase your serotonin levels? Well, a lot of people heard about this stuff like such as medication. Now a lot of my patients complain that they can't meditate because they can't shut their minds off. So what you want to do is the relax technique, and it takes thirty seconds to start off with, and you pick thirty spots in your body that you want to relax. So you start with the top of your head and you say relax, and you relax all the muscles at the top of your head. Then you go to your forehead and you say relax, and you relax the forehead muscles. Then you go to your temples the side of your head, and say relax and relax those muscles. Then you go to your eyebrows, relax your eye lids, relax, your jaw, relax your cheek, relax your mouth, relax your chin, relax your neck, relax, your shoulder relax, and you go all the way from the top to the bottom, picking thirty spots. It just takes thirty seconds and just try and relax each of those muscles that you're thinking about. And you're doing this all in your head. You're not saying it out loud. Go to your chest, relax, Go to your stomach, relax, Go to your hips, relax, your thighs, relax your knees, relax. They just pick thirty spots top to bottom, one second spot and you just say relax in your head every single second, and you relax your whole body. And then you do that for a week, and guess what. The next week you go up to sixty seconds, so you do a whole minute, and a week after that you do two minutes, and a week after that you do four minutes, and then within a few months you're gonna be up to you know whatever it is, at half an hour, and then you can do a half hour, but start with the thirty seconds. Okay, that's the relaxed meditation technique to release serotonin, which is the mood's abilizer. If you do a thirty second meditation every day, you will start to release the serotonin every day for twenty one straight days, you'll be a different person. Yoga that can help serotonin and do a lot of the boo breathing, a lot of relaxation and stretching and their socialization and carodery. So Yoga is another easy way to hack your way into increasing your serotonin. Deep breathing exercises the best way to release the serotonin and get you in a more relaxed state is to inhale for four seconds, exhale for seven seconds. Sorry, inhale for four seconds, hold your breath for seven seconds, and exhale for eight seconds. All right, let's practice that right now. Inhale for four then hold your breath for seven seconds, and then slowly exhale for eight seconds. Now, the reason you want to exhale twice as long as you inhale is because that gets rid of your carbon dioxide. And disease loves carbon dioxide. All disease, whether it's covid, mono, herpes, lime disease, whether it's diabetes, heart disease, cancer, they all love the carbon because that creates an acidic environment. They do not like the oxygen. The oxygen suffocates them. So if you have a yeast infection, you got parasites, you got worms, you got mold exposure, you have you're sick. You want oxygen. You want lots of oxygen. You want to get rid of that carbon dioxide. We actually have oxygen chambers in our office. The oxygen chamber is one hundred percent oxygen. Nothing can live in that. It kills off all the bad stuff. All right. So if you're sick or you want to your brain power, think about doing hyperbaric oxygen chamber. That stuff's amazing. It works very well. Patients love it, they love the results, the results they get. Now we also have an oxygen concentrator. So the normal oxygen in the air is twenty percent oxygen. With an oxygen concentrator, we can actually double it, so it could be forty percent oxygen. Now if you combine that with exercise, that's even better. Right, So you get a portable oxy machine at forty percent oxygen and then you get exercise at the same time. That gives your brain and body a big boost. Okay, and when we do these deep breeding exercises with oxygen, you have to maximize your oxygen potential. So do these breathing exercises in the hyperbaric oxygen chamber or you do it while you're doing it with the oxygen concentrainer. You got double the results. Now, when you breathe, you want to breathe through your diaphragm, So when you inhale, you push your belly down and out, and when you exhale, the diaphragm comes in. You don't want to breathe with excessory muscles to respiration. That's your neck and your traps and your shoulders and your back. You don't want to breathe through the top, breathe through the bottom. Diaframatic breathing very important to get the maximum oxygen intake while dispelling the carbon dioxide. Then you also have to work on your posture. Most people's shoulders are rolled in, so you got to roll your shoulders back. Most people heads tilted down, so you gonna start looking up. Just do the opposite of what you normally do. You're normally looking down, start looking up. Your shoulders are normally rolling in, start rolling them out. You got to combat your daily habits. So I've been working at a computer. Every twenty minutes, you get up for twenty seconds, you walk twenty feet, do twenty shoulder rolls, look twenty feet away. Follow the twenty rule to improve your posture and increase your oxygen levels. Very important. Also, if you want to increase oxygen levels, you can actually buy or put in your apartment or a house or a home. Oxygen producing plants. The four best oxygen producing plants that's going to purify your air the most are snake plants. Spider plants, alovera plants and a money plant. Those have lots of oxygen for us, and then we give them the carbon dioxide when we breathe. But even better than getting plants inside is to go outside in the woods. In the forest, in the trees, one tree gets enough oxygen for five people, so if you're in the middle of the woods, you're actually getting a lot of more oxygen there. And then do your breathing exercise with the inhale four hold it for seven, exhale for eight. Ah. You're doing diaframatic breathing. When you inhale, the diaphragm goes down and out. When do you actale, it goes back it in. And make sure your posture is upright. It's so much easier to breathe if your chin is up versus chin being down. It's so much easier to breathe if your shoulders are back as opposed to rolled in, So pay attention to that for your deep breathing exercises. If you want to open up your chest, what you could do is lie on your bed, put your head on the corner of the bed line the diagonal, and let your arms hang off the edges to open up your chest to get more oxygen. Serotonin is also released during running, right, you gotta run, not walking, but running where your heart starts beating fast. That's gonna get that serotonin release. And what you could do is called hit I intensity interval training where you run and then you walk. You run and then you walk. If you can't run for too long, just do a quick sprint and then you walk a quick sprint and then you walk. So if you're going around a track, you're gonna spread the straightaways and then you walk the curve, and then you spread the straightaways and then you walk the curve. Very good for serotonin. Sun exposure, all right, people get depressed in the winter because of lack of vitamin D because they don't have enough sun exposure. So what you want to do is get outside. Everybody's inside all the time. The three best times to get sun exposure Number one, first thing in the morning. Number two, lunchtime, right in that tip of the day twelve noon to two where the sun's strongest. And then as the sun sets and let that sun touch your skin. Roll up your sleeves, take off your glasses, take off your hat, roll up your parent legs. Get as much skin and eye exposure as possible, so you get the greatest benefits of the sun, which might be hormonal, might be your immune system, it might be your mood, your serotonin, your brain, your memory, your energy. There's a lot of benefits to the sun and vitamin D. But you gotta get outside. Not looking outside through a window, but get outside. And lastly, bananas are a food that can give you serotonin. So we always have bananas at our office because we want peoples to be happy. We want that they're serotonin. So if you can eat a banana while running out in the sun during meditation and deep breathing, then you get a lot of serotonin. Then you function better, feel better, and live a better life. This is doctor Eric Kaplan and you're listening to boost your brain power.
Speaker 3: If you want to improve your brain function, help with memory, focus, sleep, digestion, energy, depression, anxiety, dizziness, balance, vision, headaches, brain fog, weight loss, or simply want to maximize your human potential and prevent future diseases. That this is the show for you. Don't mis boost your brain power with doctor Eric Kaplan and you will learn natural, integrative and holistic approaches to modern day medical problems such as Alzheimer's, Parkinson's stroke, autism, add concussion, autoimmune diseases, insomnia, fibromyalgia, vertigo, migraines, four posture pain, TBI, skin and digestive problems. Doctor Kaplan is most famous for getting to the root cause of a wide variety of brain and health conditions, rather than treating symptoms with traditional medicines and risky surgeries. To contact the doctor Kamplin, you can call his team at two O one two six one two one five zero or visit his website at kaplindc dot com.
Speaker 2: Function Better, feel better and live a better life. This is doctor Eric Kaplan, and you're listening to boost your brain power. Now we're talking about the happiness chemicals and how to hack them. One other happiness chemical is called endorphins, and that's the painkiller. Uh. Everyone wants to release those endorphins. And a great way to release the endorphits is laughter. Right, So, if you're gonna watch TV or something, watch something that's funny. If you're gonna go to movies, watch something that's funny. If you have anxiety and you're watching the news, that's gonna make it worse. If you have anxiety and you're watching murder mysteries, that's gonna make it worse. If you have anxiety and you're looking at the apocalypse or zombies killing them, or drug dealers or rapists, crime dramas, that's not good for your mood. Pick stuff that makes you laugh. Listen to some old George Carlin bed or Chris Rocks, watch Friends or seinfeld Er The Office. You know, watch a movie that's gonna make you laugh, you know, like Airplane, or you know, something that's going to get you in a mood where you start laughing, that where you're get all scared and you jump and your heart starts beating. Right, that's not stuff you want to watch or listen to. Right, Don't if you're on the radio, don't listen to the news where everything's go Two people murdered in the Bronx today, someone got pushed on the subway. There's war in Israel, Ukraine's getting bombed, We're all in debt, there's political corruption, there's racism. Don't listen to the news. They're gonna tell you about earthquakes and fires and hurricanes and all stuff that's going to get you stressed. Turn off the news. If you're going to listen to something, listen to something that's educational, like this show, or something that's funny. It's gonna make you laugh. Not someone who scares you all the time. Not fear mongers. Okay, so be careful what you watch on TV. Be careful what you listen to you on the radio, Be careful with that newspaper. I only read the local newspaper. In fact, I write for the local newspaper, the Pascak Press and the Northern Valley Press. Those are two local papers where I live in Bergen County, New Jersey. But I don't want to read the big papers because they're all scare tactics. I like my local papers. They tell me about, you know, how the boy Scouts went camping in the Harrison State Park, or how the Senior Citizens took a bus down to Atlantic City, or how the local high school team just won a big football game, or that there's gonna be a town picnic with fireworks on Saturday night. That's the stuff that I want to read about, happy, community oriented type of news. Not typical death doom, carear We don't like that. Not good for the brain, not good for the mood. So do stuff that's gonna make you laugh. Read books that make you laugh. Listen to people that make you laugh, watch things that make you laugh. Hang out with people that are funny. Don't hang out with people that are always complaining, that are always bringing up the news, that are always talking about political corruption and how the democracy is gonna end and all these wars and it's gonna be World War three and inflation and food costs so much, and gas prices are through the rooms and everyone hates us. And don't hang out with those people. Hang out with people that love their lives, that enjoy lives, that are positive, that are funny, that are making jokes, that are grateful for what we have. You surround yourself with people that think like that, then that will get you to start thinking like that. You become who you surround yourself with. Dancing will also help release endorphins. So listen to some music and go dance. Take a dance lesson, Take a salsa lesson, an Argentina tango lesson, take them marangue lesson. Do line dancing. I don't care what you do, I don't care if you do. Pole dancing is actually pretty popular these days. Or you could do belly dancing, hip hop dancing. You know, you could do zoomba. Just get active, get your body moving. That releases endorphins, which is the natural painkiller. Move that body. Dark chocolate actually releases endorphins, another happiness chemical. Not milk chocolate. That's very unhealthy. Dark chocolate, all right, but you know you don't want to have fifty percent dark and fifty percent sugar. That's too much sugar. That's a stimulant that can aggravate anxiety, that could create depression. We use essential oils, right, don't use incense, don't use candles, use a diffuser with essential oils. Lavender or vanilla are two flavors that help release endorphins, right, but get make sure it's good quality essential oils. I like either Young Living or Dotera. Most of them are pretty bad as far as the chemicals that they use, all right, but those are natural ways to release endorphins. Laving, dancing, dark chocolate, vanilla, lavender, essential oil. And lastly is meditation. So I remember what we said about meditation. If you can't meditate for a half hour, start off with thirty seconds and you do the relaxed technique and pick thirty spots and relax each of those spots on your body, starting from the top, going all the way, relaxing all the way to the toes. Those are your happiness chemicals and how to naturally hack them. So for dopamine, you're gonna do finishing a test with your checklist. You're gonna celebrate the small wins. You're gonna do lots of self care activities to make yourself feel, look and smell good. You're gonna do physical exercise aerobic and anaerobic, weight resistant and getting your heartbeat going fast. You're gonna listen to music, and you're gonna make your gratitude journal every single morning. That's for the dopamine. For the oxytocin, which is the love hormone, You're gonna have good, healthy relationships. You're going to hug your family members. We wanna hug for twenty seconds, and we want to kiss for six seconds. We want to hold hands for a minute. We have no humans, We're gonna get a dog or a cat that we could hug and play with as well. And then you have to help others and perform lots of charity and contribute to other people to release that oxytocin. For serotonin. You're gonna do meditation, thirty second meditation to begin with. You're gonna maybe take up yoga. You're gonna do some deep breathing exercises where you inhale for four seconds, hold it for seven seconds, exhale for eight seconds. You're gonna do running. Get that runners high, get that heartbeat going fast. We like the high intensity interval training. You sprint for one hundred yards fifty yards, then you walk for one hundred yards fifty yards, sprint for fifty, walk for fifty, sprint for fifty, walk for fifty. And then you need to get sun exposure, get that vitamin D. And lastly, banatas is something you could eat to get your serotonin. For your endorphins. That's the painkiller. You're gonna do laughing, Listen to funny stuf, watch funny stuff, hang out with funny people. You're gonna do dancing, dance at home alone, or take a dance lesson. Even better, you can eat your dark chocolate. You can do your meditation, and then you get your vanilla and lavender essential oils to release those endorphins. That's gonna help you to function better, feel better, and live a better light. Right, it's gonna stabilize your mood. It's gonna make you happy. It's gonna release those hormones, those chemicals that we need to do. Now, how do we know if we're deficient. One of the best tests is called a q EEG brain mapping, and I will literally tell us, hey, are you low in dopamine? It's pretty cool. Say hey, are you low in acetylcholine?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 2: It will tell us how the brain's functioning. You'll also tell us do you have anxiety? Do you have depression? It'll tell us do you have memory problems? Do you have balance problems? Do you have troubles with sleep? Do you have intestinal inflammation, hormones problems, thyroid problems, anger problems, aggression problems, you worry too much? It all tells us this, Right, it's a qEEG brain mapping. It's normally five hundred dollars, but for the first seven people to call, text or email, you could get the qEEG brain mapping for only twenty one dollars. Okay, call texter or email six four six two two one, six, seven three eight or email info at Kaplombrainingbody dot com. The second test is called a VNG video destography, where you wear goggles that have infrared cameras in them, and you follow this red laser light that goes fast and slowing up and down and light and darker with a hen movement, and it tells us if there's imbalances of your left and right brain, which areas are overactive anxiety, insomnia, you're always worrying, OCD, ADHD, heart palpitations, panic, or it can tell us which areas are underactive low motivation, fatigue, depression, or memory. The VNG picks this up. That test is also normally five hundred dollars, but a gift we're giving just to get a coin in and see if this is a fit for you is We're gonna do this whole entire VNG test for only twenty one dollars. All you have to do is call Texter or email six four six two two one six seven three eight or email info at kaplinbrainobody dot com. The last test is a one on one with me where I go over your VNG, your brain mapping, WE go over your blood work, I do a memory test, I check your posture your balance, you're alignment, your reflex as I listen to your heart, your lungs, your gut, A full physical and neurological evaluation forty five minutes with me. It's normally five hundred dollars, but for the first seven people to call, text or email you can get the one on one with me for only twenty one dollars six four six two two one six seven three eight or email info at kaplinbrainobody dot com. You could do one one tests. Two tests are all three tests, but they're twenty one dollars each. If you do all three, it's only sixty three dollars total. It's normally fifteen hundred dollars, but you can get all for only sixty three dollars. Just call text or email tell them you want to be one of the first seven people to take advantage of all three tests with doctor Eric caplan that you listen to the Boost your Brain Power radio show and you want to take advantage. If you're interested about stuff I've been talking, you could read my book called Boost Your Brain Power, A Guide to Improving your memory and focus. You can get it on Amazon when you put it in When you put in boost your brain power. Brain Power is one word. There's a big blue brain on the cover by doctor Eric Kaplan. Can get it on Amazon if you like that stuff. You can also go on our YouTube channel Caplin Brain and Body, our Instagram Caplin Brain Body. We also have a Facebook group Capling Brain and Body. You could like subscribe, vib comment We like for you to participate. We also have a group called Kaplan's Lunchbox where we share good healthy meals. So there's lots of ways to get good information. And if you want to listen to this show again, just go on the website and look in the archives. Just put under my name boost your brain Power with Doctor Eric Kaplan and you can listen to all my old shows as well, so that.
Speaker 4: You can function better, feel better, and live a better life. This is doctor Eric Kaplan. You just listen to Boost your brain Power.
Speaker 2: We'll see you next week.
Speaker 3: Don't miss Boost your brain Power with Doctor Eric Kaplan every Saturday from two pm to three pm to learn the secrets of how to optimize your brain function. You can improve memory, focus, energy, sleep, digestion, mood, skin, metabolism, and strength by following the science and research that doctor Kaplan will be sharing with his audience. Join the adventure of discovering how to help the brain and body in a natural way while having fun at the same time. Listen to boost your brain power. If you want to function better, feel better, and enjoy the quality of life you deserve. Called two oh one two six ' one two one five zero, or email info at Kaplanbrainandbody dot com if you're interested in a free ten minute consultation with doctor Caplan, or visit KAPLANDC dot com for more information.
Speaker 1: The proceeding was a paid podcast. iHeartRadio's hosting of this podcast constitutes neither an endorsement of the products offered or the ideas expressed.