Speaker 1: You're listening to KFI AM six forty wake Up Call with Me Amy King on demand on the iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: App KFI and KOST HD two Los Angeles, Orange County.
Speaker 3: And Dad, you got your haste?
Speaker 4: Amy?
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, good morning, Good Friday morning to you. This is your wake up call for Friday, June twenty seventh.
Speaker 5: I'm Amy King.
Speaker 1: We're live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app, and whether you're listening online or on your radio and your home or in your car.
Speaker 5: We're just happy you're here. Aren't you happy about it?
Speaker 4: Will?
Speaker 5: Yes, I'm so happy. I'm glad to thank you. Will.
Speaker 1: Cole Shreiver's going to get you up to date with all the traffic. I'm hoping it's not going to be a bad traffic day.
Speaker 5: We're already up to a bad start.
Speaker 6: Really.
Speaker 1: I was gonna say there was a there was a lot of traffic for me coming in, Yes, and that was at three thirty. I don't, okay, So a lot is like ten cars.
Speaker 4: A lot of people are awake.
Speaker 1: I wonder if it's because next week is fourth of July and people are just they're getting out and taking the whole week off or something.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Okay, here's something else. I want to know where the heck are Sunny and Gizmo. Oh my eagles. I thought I saw some movement in the nest this morning, but now the light is breaking on the nest high above Big Bear, like, I don't see a darn thing. So I know they're growing up and it's harder to catch glimpses of them. But you know, friends of Big Bear Valley is still keeping an eye out, and they post pictures and stuff when you see him flying, when they see him flying around and perched in other trees.
Speaker 5: But they're just they're not the nest anymore.
Speaker 7: I'm sorry.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm gonna have to find a new obsession, seriously.
Speaker 1: Disneyland maybe, Well that's an ongoing obsession along with Dodgers games. So I'll find something else, all right. Here's what's ahead on wake up Call. The Metro Board of Directors has advanced emotion instructing the agency staff to update policies regarding station closures during protests in downtown LA. The Little Tokyo train station was closed between June eighth and thirteenth, four about eight to twelve hours a day. Other downtown stations were also temporarily closed. Downtown bus services were re routed during that timeframe, and a lot of complaints came in because people got stranded. Governor Newsom is expected to sign the state's budget today a deal today. The budget has changes that include increasing housing construction that bypassed the California Environmental Quality Act and exemptions for new homes to be built in urban areas. Newsom is urging lawmakers to pass the changes and says failing to do so could threaten other areas.
Speaker 5: Of the budget.
Speaker 1: Police are investigating a break in at Brad Pitt's home in Los Felis.
Speaker 5: Pitt isn't at home.
Speaker 1: He's on the road promoting his latest movie, f One that debuts in theaters today. The home was broken into Wednesday night. Police say the burglars broke in through a front window, stole some stuff, and ransacked the place. Okay, so there are scams on the elderly, there are scams from the DMV, there's scams from the Sheriff's department. And now if you've got student loans, there are scams for that too. ABC's Jim Ryan's gonna clue us in on the latest in about three minutes, the planning for US air strikes against Iran's nuclear facilities with no fly by night operation.
Speaker 5: You see what I did, even though they flew at night.
Speaker 1: ABC's Karen Travers is going to join us at five twenty to tell us about the plans that were fifteen years in the making with more and more people renting instead of buying. We're gonna do a little apartment therapy with the host of Home on KFI, Dean Sharp.
Speaker 5: That's at the bottom of the hour, and then at.
Speaker 1: Five point fifty you may want to race to movie theaters this weekend. ABC's Will Gans is going to tell us why let's get started with some of the stories coming out of the KFI twenty four hour newsroom. The LA Department of Water and Power says the Santa Ynez Reservoir in the Pacific Palisades is finally back online. It was out of service and empty since early last year because its cover had a tear in it and it needed to be fixed. The reservoir was empty at the time of the wildfires in January. News brought to you by Sit and Sleep. Some lawmakers in California say President Trump's decision to deploy the National Guard to support immigration raids in La is hindering fire and drug enforcement response. Democrat State Senator Ben Allen, who represents the Pacific Palisades, says the Guard members who are part of the state's firefighting unit are only at forty percent capacity.
Speaker 8: It's just lame that we don't have access to the Guard right now to do that sort of work.
Speaker 1: Four without and California National Guard members are supporting the ice rates. Three cities in La County that are predominantly Hispanic have canceled or postponed Fourth of July celebrations. Officials in Bell Gardens, Huntington Park, and Cutahee say it's because of the ongoing immigration raids. Bell Gardens Mayor orhel Chevez tells KTLA his city is encouraging people to stay at home to celebrate.
Speaker 9: These federal agents, these bounty hunters, whatever they are, because they're not identifying themselves. They're coming out picking people up walking across the street and they're not even no questions asked. You're taking you in a car.
Speaker 1: A report by the Coalition for Humane Immigrant Rights of La or CHURLA says Bell Gardens is one of the communities impacted the most by ice raids, and LA is ranked in the top ten best places in the US to celebrate the fourth of July. A study by luggage storage network bounce dot com analyzes cities that offer the best blend of atmosphere and affordability based on things like average hotel prices, parade schedules, historical weather. LA checks in at number ten. San Francisco and San Diego are ranked even higher, but the survey says the top spot in the country to celebrate Independence Day is New York City. We wake up call, let's say good morning to ABC's Jim Ryan. So, Jim, it seems like every time we talk we're talking about a new scam.
Speaker 5: So you got another one for us.
Speaker 10: Yeah, this one really goes both directions. It's two scams in one if you will, all of it involving colleges.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 10: I told two friends, they told two friends, they told AI, and AI made an application for a student loan based on a ghost student. So yeah, these are real things. So much of the loan application process now and student assistance. You know, the financial aid is done online right that students don't walk in in person anymore and sit down in front of a registrar or a financial aid person then fill out applications. It's all done online. That has opened up the floodgates to AI induced fraud. Right, So scammers out there use the personal data of actual people, their names, addresses, social security numbers, other data to make applications for student loans, right. And the colleges want to get kids in those seats, and so they grant the loans. Then the scammer disappears with the money. In the meantime, these and especially if it's an online course that you're trying to enroll in, you may find that it's full of ghost students and there are no more seats because you know, quote seats, because they've all been taken up by these scammers and their ghost students.
Speaker 1: Okay, so, like, how do you protect yourself from this one, because, like you said, it looks legit.
Speaker 10: Yeah, well, these of course are targeting colleges and universities and they're financial aid offices. But you also have the other kind of scam number two here, and that is the scams that target student borrowers or their parents who are trying to get their kids educations paid for. So you have debt relief companies that promise there they can help out with student loan forgiveness, or companies that will help you with the loan application process. But remember FAFSA. FAFSA is the Federal student Aid. The first staff stands for free, Free application for Federal Student Aid. You shouldn't have to pay a fee to apply for a FAFTS A loan. That's the one big red flag here. And like any scam, you're being pushed into acting now. Hurry, hurry.
Speaker 1: So those are maybe some buzzwords to look for. It look for, you know, when they want you to pay upfront, or when they're like saying, oh, don't wait, there's this you know sale only today or something like that.
Speaker 10: Okay, right, And in this case it's student loans and you know you need to get in here and you need to apply for it right now, and you need to have us help you in order to get to that student loan or that loan forgiveness.
Speaker 1: Which is it's sort of a double edged sword too, because some people who might not be that savvy with it would rather have somebody help them kind of help navigate the student loan process.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 10: Absolutely, And it's a complicated process or it can be and especially if you're doing it totally online, you might think that, Okay, I can get some help from a person who really knows what they're doing. Well, that person may or may not be working in your best interest, may just be looking for that fee that they're asking that you pay.
Speaker 1: Okay, So you just need to do your due diligence, don't trust anything, and crush your fingers and hope for the best.
Speaker 10: That's it. That's it. And if you do get scammed, get in touch with your bank, get in touch with you know, the actual university, and try to make good.
Speaker 5: Geez, they're just doing it everywhere. Okay.
Speaker 1: ABC's Jim Ryan, thank you for alerting us to this latest scam because I know that it's probably student loan time too, because it's June and with people going to.
Speaker 5: College in the fall, now's the time.
Speaker 1: All right, Thank you so much. Have a good weekend. We had a weird little delay on that one, but we made it through.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 1: Let's get back to some of the stories coming out of the KFI twenty four hour newsroom.
Speaker 5: The Supreme Court's term is almost over.
Speaker 1: They wrap up today and before that we're expecting to get decisions on the six cases still outstanding. They include age verification for online pornography, preventative care under Obamacare, opt out rights for kids, lgt LGBTQ books, and President Trump's birthright Citizenship executive order.
Speaker 5: That's a big one.
Speaker 1: ABC's Devin Dwyer s's justices have heard arguments on whether judges can block Trump's order to end birthright citizenship.
Speaker 11: The decision today will likely focus almost perhaps entirely on that issue, and I should add that might even be more consequential than the issue of citizenship itself.
Speaker 1: The fourteenth Constitutional Amendment grants the right to citizenship for every baby born in the US. Times winding down for Republican lawmakers who want to pass President Trump's so called One Big Beautiful Bill by the fourth of July. Michigan Democratic Senator Elissa Slotkin says her party is trying to get Republicans to vote against the bill, which includes significant cuts to medicaid funding.
Speaker 12: At the end of the day, the President is trying to browbeat people into voting for this thing and soon, and so it's going to be up to my Republican colleagues whether they have a spine on these issues or not.
Speaker 1: The Senate parliamentarian has advised a medicaid provider tax overhaul central to Trump's bill does not meet procedural rules. The defense will give closing arguments today in the trial of music mogul Sean Combs. ABC's Aaron Katursky says Combs is pleaded not guilty to all sex trafficking and racketeering charges against him.
Speaker 13: He was rather calm and occasionally he would write notes to his lawyers. If he heard something that he may not have liked, he gestured to his family, put his head and over his heart.
Speaker 1: Prosecutors wrapped their closing arguments yesterday. An elderly woman in Florida says she's lucky to have survived a tornado that tore through her retirement community. Seventy six year old Deborah Metler says she was inside when the tornado hit her home.
Speaker 5: I didn't realize I was actually up in the air.
Speaker 10: Was too busy doing some resaults and.
Speaker 1: Getting thrash from one side the room through the wall to the other side. Yike's video shows an EF one tornado moving through the city of Largo, north of Saint Petersburg, lifting a mobile home nearly completely off the ground and leaving it teetering on its side before it slammed back down to the ground. Former Governor of New York Andrew Cuomo says he's staying in the race to become New York City's next mayor. ABC's Andrew Dimbert says that's despite his unexpected loss in the primary.
Speaker 14: Cuomo, who enjoyed support from big money donors, says he'll be on the November ballot as an independent.
Speaker 1: The Democratic Party has been won by Indie Muslim candidate Zorhan Mom.
Speaker 5: Donnie just a good old Board.
Speaker 1: And No Hog, the actor who played Deputy Cleatus Hog on The Dukes of Hazzard, has died. His wife says he died unexpectedly yesterday in la He appeared in dozens of shows in the seventies, including Mash Happy Days in Kojak. In the eighties, his movie credits included The Karate Kid and Steel Magnolia's, but most will remember him as the deputy who was always getting into car chases with the Duke boys on the Dukes of Hazzard. Rickhursed was seventy nine the Santa Nez reservoir that was damaged and empty when the wildfire broke out in Pacific Palisades in January has been repaired and partially refilled. The one hundred and seventeen million gallon reservoir was drained in early twenty twenty four. Without the reservoir, water tanks in the area were severely strained, causing firefighters to lose water pressure at the peak of the fire. A fifty one year old man's pleaded not guilty to charges of shooting and killing a passenger on a metro bus, robbing another passenger, then hijacking the bus and leading police on a slow speed chase. It happened last year in South la. The guy is facing murder and other charges. More than eighty five hundred flights have been delayed because of severe storms in the Midwest, Southwest, Great Lakes, mid Atlantic, and Northeast. Tracking website flight Aware shows more than seven hundred flights were canceled yesterday. Let's say good morning to ABC's Karen Travers. So, Karen, it was kind of like something straight out of Hollywood. The Defense Secretary and Joint Chiefs outlined the mission to take out Iran's nuclear program.
Speaker 5: And this mission was not just hatched a few weeks.
Speaker 12: Ago, and no, I mean this takes a lot of time to determine how you could target an underground nuclear facility. And it was a fifteen year project that a US officer working for the Defense Threat Reduction Agency started back in two thousand and nine, according to the Chairman of the Joint Chief's Staff, General Dang He said, this officer and another colleague would go on to spend fifteen years studying the site in great detail, looking at the weather patterns, looking at the geology of the mountain, taking into account the items that were brought into the site, things that were taken out of the site, looking at ventilation shafts and what they thought of the electrical systems and all of that, so that they could figure out how to target it if an order ever came to try to strike that fourtoh nuclear facility.
Speaker 1: And then the time came and they.
Speaker 5: Went ahead and launched that attack.
Speaker 1: And during that briefing, which I think we kind of thought we were going to get a little bit more confirmation of what the mission accomplished, did we get any more information about what it accomplished, So.
Speaker 12: There was no new evidence or intelligence. Yesterday, presented by the Secretary of Defense feed HEGSEP or general pain that indicates around nuclear program in fact destroyed. Cain said that that determination is up to despite its agencies, and that the military doesn't grade its own homework. Secretary Hegseth notably continued to dismiss the early intelligence report from within the Pentagon that sources say indicates the attack only set back Around's nuclear program by a few months. Sources say that that preliminary intelligence assessment from the Pentagon also indicates that Iron had removed some of its near nuclear weapons grade uranium before the US strike was carried out.
Speaker 1: Okay, and I heard I heard somebody it might have been the President say I don't think they got it out, but we don't have any indication of whether it actually was removed or where it might be.
Speaker 5: At this time, the.
Speaker 12: President on social media said nothing was taken out of the facility. He said it would have taken too long and it was too dangerous and very heavy and hard to move. But again, sources tell us that the preliminary intelligence assessment from this agency at the Pentagon indicates that they removed at least some of it before the strike.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then that begs the question because I think a lot of us now have seen the aerial photo of all those trucks lined up outside one of the nuclear facilities leading up to the attacks, and what were those trucks for?
Speaker 12: So they didn't say exactly.
Speaker 1: So many questions. ABC's Karen Travers, thank you for answering some of them.
Speaker 14: I have a great day, all right you.
Speaker 1: Two officials have released details about how a teenage soccer player from North Hollywood died earlier this year.
Speaker 7: The body of thirteen year old Oscar Omar Hernandez was found in a ditch earlier this year in Ventura County. The Medical Examiner's office is now saying that he died from alcohol poisoning. A forty three year old soccer coach who had already been under investigation for two other alleged sexual assaults, has been charged with murdering the boy. Jason Campedonia KFI News.
Speaker 1: A fifty nine year old man in Irvine's been charged with sexually assaulting two teenage girls that he is related to. Richard Lamox is facing several felonies for assaulting the girls, who are fourteen or fifteen. The assaults apparently happened in January and June, Lamox did not enter a plea.
Speaker 5: He's scheduled to be arraigned July twenty fourth.
Speaker 1: California's recent hate crime report shows an increase of almost three percent from twenty twenty three to twenty four.
Speaker 8: There were just over two thousand reported incidents last year. Despite the rise, the numbers remain lower than a peak in twenty twenty two. Most hate crimes are racially motivated, particularly against the Black community, which accounted for nearly a quarter of reported cases in the state in twenty twenty four. There were also rises in hate crimes targeting Jewish, Latino, and LGBTQ plus people, with a significant increase of over two hundred percent for Jewish and transgender people over the past decade. Hate crimes against the Asian community have decreased for the third consecutive year. Mark Ronner KFI News Ela.
Speaker 1: Kenny Sheriff's homicide detectives say the shooting and killing of a man in the Florence Graham neighborhood of South la could have been part of a carjacking. Deputies from the department Century City Station were called out late last night to Compton Avenue and East ninetieth Street, where they found the man.
Speaker 5: He died at the scene.
Speaker 1: Faster EV chargers are coming to Costco membership only.
Speaker 11: Big Bucks Warehouse store has installed supercharger stalls at six locations, including its store in Northport, Florida. The company electric Era, founded by former SpaceX engineers, is looking to help solve the electric vehicle charging infrastructure problem in America with its Level three charging stalls. Those can recharge a battery up to eighty percent and twenty minutes to an hour. That's just enough time to pop into the Costco, buy more stuff than you need, and return to your EV ride with a full tank or battery. Level one chargers take eleven to twenty hours to recharge, and Level twos take six to eight hours. Michael Krozier KFI News.
Speaker 1: Okay, so we were just talking to Karen Travers about how the US executed its attack on Iran nuclear facilities and including that one that was buried deep inside the mountain. The US dropped bunker busters down air shafts at the facility.
Speaker 8: Oh that's very teams bondy.
Speaker 5: No, but I do think it sounds familiar.
Speaker 2: Oh, I knew I'd heard of that before.
Speaker 1: So remember the rebellion shot its little laser bombs or photon bombs down a thermal exhaust port to destroy the Death Star.
Speaker 3: Your ports will not be easy. You're required to maneuver straight down this trench and skim the surface to this point. The target area is only two meters wide. It's a small thermal exhaust port right below the main port. The shaft leads directly to the reactor system. A precise hit will start a chain reaction, which should destroy the station. Only a precise hit will set up a chain reaction. The shaft is ratiated, so you'll have to use proton torpedoes.
Speaker 4: That's impossible for a.
Speaker 5: Computer, that's not impossible.
Speaker 4: Haste Bullseye womp rats in my T sixteen back home.
Speaker 5: They're not much going to tim Rats.
Speaker 3: They're nine your ships and may the Force be with you.
Speaker 5: Another case of life imitating art.
Speaker 14: Wow.
Speaker 1: Bell Gardens has canceled its fourth of July firework show because of ongoing ice operations. The city made the announcement on Instagram, saying all scheduled events in the city have been called off through July tenth because of concerns over federal immigration enforcement. Ninety six percent of the thirty nine thousand people who live in Bell Gardens are Hispanic. Huntington Park and Katahey have also canceled their Fourth of July celebrations. A grand jury report issued today concludes or.
Speaker 5: That has been issued.
Speaker 1: I guess it was issued yesterday, concluded that Orange County officials should do more to combat hate crimes. It also questioned why the agency overseeing data collection was missing information from coast to Mesa Garden Grove, Orange and Westminster. The number of hate crimes reported in OC actually went down from one hundred twelve in two thousand and two to ninety five in twenty twenty three. A fire burning near the Tchikida Canyon landfill has charged about thirty seven acres. It's ninety percent surrounded. The fire, west of the five and just south of Valverdi, broke out yesterday afternoon. Let's say good morning to the host of home on KFI. The house whisper it's Dean sharp morning, Dean morning, aian. So recent reports are showing that a lot more people are renting now rather than buying, and even people with a lot of money are choosing to rent rather than buy. So I thought, maybe you know, we do a little home therapy apartment therapy, and find out some ways to make a rental feel more like a home, knowing that you can't replace the cabinets and knock.
Speaker 5: Down walls exactly.
Speaker 13: And a lot of people get discouraged because they think, well, you know, I'm renting this place. It's an apartment, it's a house, whatever the case may be. I just can't. I can't really make it home. And that's so not true. Home is where you live. You just have to take a difference strategy. Of course, you're not going to be knocking down well please don't not walk down knock on walls in your rental house. But that doesn't mean that you can't actually, you know, own the space for yourself. Things like color coordinating a room is such a simple concept, but once you've done it once, things like drapes and carpet or rug areas and throw pillows are all working off the same color palette. Man, that place becomes yours.
Speaker 1: And I've done some of these. You send a list of all these pictures and ideas and I'm like, oh, done that.
Speaker 5: Oh wait, need to do that.
Speaker 1: And then you also said, along with colors, like lighting can really help make your home feel more homey.
Speaker 5: Oh, yeah, of course.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 13: We live in the age now in the twenty first century, a very very high tech wireless lighting control, right, thing like smart lamps being able to control and to dim things. Let's say you live in an apartment. You're like, there are no dimmer switches in my apartment. That doesn't matter. You don't have to rewire the place. There are smart light dimmer controls that you can run down to the hardware store and buy, take with you whenever you move, plug them in into an outlet, hook them up to your Wi Fi, and plug the lamp into that. And all you have to do is say, Hey, I'm going to avoid saying the name of the personal assistance so it doesn't respond to me. Here, Hey, turn the lamp down to ten percent, and boom, You've got dimmer control over the lighting in a room and you have not called an electrician to get that done.
Speaker 5: I love that, okay.
Speaker 1: And then one of the other things is like, I'm sitting in my apartment, which I love and I've decorated, but the walls are white. Is there anything you can do without painting the walls?
Speaker 13: There are lots of things you can do without painting the walls. There is removable static cling wallpaper these days, which is fantastic. I mean static cling, not glue. It doesn't leave a residue when it's done. There are sections of wallpaper that you can put up. There are things like magnetic refrigerator panels, pulling up drapes, creating drapes for your windows. And you may think, wait, hey, I'm not allowed to drill into the walls. They're quick hang no drill curtain rod brackets out there now, which means that they can rest right over the top of the window and hold that curtain rod and you can have your own drapes, your own curtains, your own aesthetics in the room without making any permanent damage to walls or changes.
Speaker 1: I love this, Okay, then one other one that I like this idea too, just to personalize it. You're not making any structural changes, but like just swapping out like light switch plates or cabinet knobs and poles, you can always put them back exactly.
Speaker 13: Cabinet knobs are just screwed onto the front of the cabinet with a simple bolt from the backside of the drawer or the door the same with the light switch plates. You can customize them to have your own kind of going on and again and take it with you. It's a screwdriver. It's going to take you two minutes to change these things out. You put the old ones in a drawer. When you move out, you just swap them back out again.
Speaker 1: I love this, And of course plants always help make a home feel more homey, so that's a good idea. And then I love this one, which I just did it not too long ago. It's update your betting. But I'm gonna have to do it again because my cat likes to need and she's destroying my expensive duvet cover.
Speaker 5: But yeah, so many great ideas.
Speaker 1: So just because it's not your house, it doesn't mean it can't be a home.
Speaker 13: Absolutely, you are the thing that makes your place your home. And finding creative ways of getting you all around, whether it's your color, whether it's your picture frames, whether it's your stuff, that is what makes that place you.
Speaker 5: You're so wise.
Speaker 1: If you want to hear more wisdom from Dean Sharp, you can listen to them tomorrow morning from six to eight right here on KFI, or and or nine to noon on Sunday it's home on KFI with our house whisper Dean Sharp.
Speaker 5: You can also follow him at home with Dean. Thank you, Dean.
Speaker 13: Thanks Amy.
Speaker 1: Time to get your business now with Bloomberg's Monica Rix, who's in for Courtney again today.
Speaker 5: So, Monica, I'm.
Speaker 1: So excited to hear about this because there's so many stores and Target's one of them, and I think my CBS is one of them, and Walmart they're they're locking up stuff because thefts are so high. But now Target's testing some new tech to unlock the store shelves hopefully make it a little faster.
Speaker 15: Yes, Target testing out new technology now to lock and unlock those store shelves from a smartphone. So once they have that in place, it's going to help staff to unlock those plastic cases a lot quicker than manually opening them with keys.
Speaker 6: The weight time maybe a.
Speaker 15: Little bit shorter as well, just because they'll have more time to get from point A to point B in this tour. So the retailer obviously says it's an effort to curb theft, but it also says that it could improve your shopping experience because of that. Walmart tested a similar tool at some of its locations last year and are they still using it. I'm not quite sure if it really took off, but we just know that they were testing it and so we'll see. Well, they still need staff to do it, which, yeah, that's true.
Speaker 5: It's frustrating. I get it.
Speaker 1: It's you know, it's it's the reality that we live in. When it's time for concerts and you want to see a show, there's a new king and Queen.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah.
Speaker 15: Kendrick Lamar and Sizza's Grand National Tour is now the highest grossing co headline tour in history. They officially beat Beyonce and jay Z, who'd held that title since twenty eighteen. Billboard saying the k dot and says A generated two hundred and fifty six point four million dollars, sold more than a million tickets at twenty three shows, including those shows at SOFI and State Farm Stadiums in La last month.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, And if you love horror, is this that Universal in Florida so attraction?
Speaker 6: No, Well, let me explain Universal.
Speaker 15: Hollywood obviously has Halloween Horror Nights that's going to start September fourth, and the one in Orlando is going to start a little bit earlier, but Universal just announced that it's set to open another year round immersive horror experience. It's called Horror Unleashed and it's going to open up in Chicago and this would be the second of its kind. The first one is going to open up in Las Vegas in August. So if you don't want to wait till horror nights, maybe want to get your horror fixed a little bit early, head on down to Vegas in August because they're going to have four haunted houses in that attraction with other entertainment included live horror experiences.
Speaker 6: Not for me, but I think a lot of people would enjoy it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, why only be scared at Halloween. And one last thing, Zoomba Cruises are back.
Speaker 15: Oh yeah, start stretching, get that hip mobility going because the Zoomba Cruise will set sail again next year after a seven year hiatus.
Speaker 6: They took a little bit of a pause.
Speaker 15: But Norwegian says that the five day fitness cruise is going to depart from Miami and head to Cozumel, Mexico in March. They're going to be able to accommodate about twenty three hundred guests. And if you're interested, it'll cost about twelve hundred bucks a person.
Speaker 1: You pay a lot more money to work out instead of just sitting there and eating and drinking on the cruise like you're supposed to. Okay, that's in your business with Bloomberg's Monika Rix. Thanks Monica, appreciate it, Thank you all right, Good weekend. Today's the deadline for the City of La to turn over protest related documents to Congress. A Congressional committee has launched an investigation into how Governor Newsom and La Mayor Bass handled the anti Ice demonstrations. Chair James Comer claims LA was not able to stop protesters from getting violent and looting. Senate Democrats and Republicans area received classified briefings on the US air strikes against Iranian nuclear sites. Arkansas Republican Tom Cotton says the attacks.
Speaker 5: Were an extraordinary success.
Speaker 1: Connecticut Democrat Chris Murray or Murphy rather, says from what he's seen, the Iran nuclear program was damaged, but not obliterated, as the President claims. The Getty Villa, which has been closed since the fire in Pacific Palisades in January's reopening today with a new exhibit. The villa will be open on a limited schedule Monday from ten to five or through Monday from ten am to five pm. It's limited to limit the amount of traffic on PCH. We're just minutes away from Handle. On the news this morning, the Supreme Court has six decisions left and those are expected to come down today.
Speaker 5: Right now, say good morning to ABC's.
Speaker 1: Multi platform reporter Will gans Bill. It's blockbuster time. You might want to raise the theaters.
Speaker 4: Huh, that's right, and you'll see plenty of Brad Pitt on the big screen.
Speaker 5: It's always a good day, right.
Speaker 4: That's what I'm saying, Like, what else do you really need? And if you add in a score from Hans Zimmer, direction from the guy who did Top Gun Maverick, I mean it has all the trappings of a perfect summer movie, and audiences are definitely feeling that way leaving this movie. F one. It is about, you know, of course, Formula one racers and Brad Pitt plays sort of washed up, you know, could have been amazing driver who joins a team that needs a little help. And is it a little bit predictable? Probably? But will it have it have you on the edge of your seat. Definitely. You know, I am not an F one fan, but this movie was wildly entertaining to me. So I think it's a ton of fun if anyone's looking for something to see in the theaters this weekend.
Speaker 5: It sounds to me like Top Gun Maverick in a car.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I think that's pretty much exactly correct. You know, it's like it's same, sounds similarly like you you know, I'm not a fighter pilot, but I was in the cockpit with Tom Cruise for you know, Top Gun Maverick. So yeah, you know, like it's like that's how it feels. It feels like, you know, suddenly you're there with them, and it's it's an action packed adventure.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 1: Sounds like fun, and it's getting good reviews. I Rotten Tomatoes is all over it.
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, I mean the audience scores like ninety seven percent, which is crazy. Critics scores a little bit lower than that, but you know that's okay.
Speaker 1: It's a summer blockbuster, so if critics hated, I probably love it anyway.
Speaker 4: It's usually how it goes right yep.
Speaker 1: Okay, So if you're not going to movie theaters and you want to do the couch thing like, which I am known for doing.
Speaker 5: Uh, I didn't even know there was a new season for squid Game.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and it's the last one. So you know, squid Game was initially supposed to be a movie. Then they released it as a series of television, and then it shattered like every record in the world on Netflix. Yeah, so they were like, Okay, guess we'll do it season two and a season three. So this is the final season and it is, you know, in line with the first two. It is. If you're squeamish or don't like to feel stressed out, this is not the show for you. But every episode is now streaming on Netflix. So if you want to stay in and finish that series, this is a good weekend for that.
Speaker 1: Okay, So it's not half the season like Netflix sometimes does, it's the whole season.
Speaker 4: Correct, correct. Yeah, come December, November and December. They've split Stranger Things final season. There's like three different drops for that. But no, this is all of it at once.
Speaker 5: Okay, I know.
Speaker 1: What I'm doing this weekend, and then I'm very excited about this too, because I love the show.
Speaker 5: Christine Baranski Cynthia Nixon.
Speaker 4: Are back oh my gosh, yes, to name a few, Carrie Koon, Audra McDonald. The list goes on. The Gilded Age is back on HBO Max. And this is like I included it today, particularly because of how opposite it is from Squid Game. Like the Gilded Age is beautiful, and the costumes and the acting and the pacing is just like elegant and you know, wonderful. It's still dramatic, it'll still keep your interest, but you know it's about the new money versus old money sort of New York City scene at the turn of the century, and it's just yeah, it's just wonderful, and the stakes are high again. This is season three of that show. And you know when HBO puts something out on a Sunday night, that is their cue to be like, this is going to be great because that's where we have like White Lotus and The Last of Us and things like that. So Sunday nights, the Gilded Age is back on HBO Max.
Speaker 1: Oh so we have to wait for Sunday for that one, Okay, So I can binge Squid Game, get done with that, and then by Sunday I'll be ready for the Gilded Age.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And you have to sneak in a trip to go see Brad Pitt somewhere in between there on the big screen.
Speaker 1: All Right, great, ABC's Willgans, thanks so much for the info.
Speaker 4: All Right, Amy, have a great weekend.
Speaker 5: All right, you too.
Speaker 1: Let's get back to some of the stories coming out of the KFI twenty four hour newsroom. The massive budget bill that is crucial for President Trump's agenda is being worked on in the Senate. Trump is asking Congress to pass it by July fourth, but hebces. Nicole d Antonio says proposed changes to Medicaid and other things are causing some trouble. The Medicaid reforms include new work requirements, a crackdown on fraud, and closing a loophole that states used to boost the Medicaid funds they get from the governments. Critics, including some Republicans, say closing that loophole is going to force many hospitals in rural areas to close. News brought to you by Seller's Advantage. A fourteen year old boy from Santa Clarita has fallen off a mountain cliff. Ryan Walk says he and his son were climbing Mount Whitney when the boy got altitude sickness, so because of that they started climbing back down, but the boy's condition got worse. He began hallucinating and walked off a cliff. He fell about one hundred and twenty feet, breaking his ankle, pelvis, and finger. He suffered head trauma. He used in a medically induced coma at a hospital in Las Vegas. Gas prices could soon hit the roof San Diego assembly Member Carl Demio says he was told in a closed door session that the California oil industries on the brink of collapse.
Speaker 14: In California, we are not going to be saved by Trump's energy policies because we are on an energy island. We do not have a pipeline that connects to the rest of the country, and that's been the case for decades.
Speaker 1: DeMaio also says a pending pipeline shutdown could result with the cost of regular gas hitting above ten dollars a gallon and could even lead to gas rationing. Governor Newsom says Demio's just wrong. A burbank man has hit it big with a one million dollar win from a triple red Triple seven scratchers ticket. It was bought at Chuck's Corner Market. Meantime up in snow McKenny, a woman scored a thirty million dollars Superlatto plus jackpot. She chose the Lump Sun fourteen million before taxes.
Speaker 5: I'd ticket. The guy behind an iconic theme song has died.
Speaker 1: Lalo Schiffrin, who wrote the theme for Mission Impossible and more than one hundred other arrangements for film and TV, has passed away. The Argentinian won four Grammys. He was nominated for six Oscars, including five four Original Score for Cool Hand Luke. Lalo Schiffrin was ninety three. Tonight, the Dodgers take on the Royals in Kansas City. First pitch goes out at five o'clock and you can listen to the game and all Dodgers games on AM five seventy LA Sports live from the Gaupin Motors Broadcast Booth, and you can stream all Dodgers games in HD on the iHeartRadio app keyword AM five to seventy LA Sports. And just like that, our time together for wake up Call is done and Bill Handle is coming up next. This is KFI and KOST HD two Los Angeles, Orange County live from the KFI twenty four hour newsroom for producer An and technical producer Kno along with traffic specialist Will I'm Amy King. This has been your wake up call. If you missed any wake up Call, you can listen anytime on the iHeartRadio app. You've been listening to wake Up Call with me, Amy King. You can always hear wake Up Call five to six am Monday through Friday on KFI AM six forty and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app.