Speaker 1: Good morning, good morning, good morning. Welcome, welcome, welcome. It's time down for community connection right here on Kwanda one. You try to stand and we have Josh Lindblum and your problem by Eldercare. How are you doing there, doctor Josh?
Speaker 2: Good? How are you?
Speaker 1: Oh, you know, limber not too bad for sixty four and three quarters, you know, perfect, perfect, Now Eldercare, we want to straighten this out right now. This is not a place where you go to live. This is where you go so you can live independently your own home.
Speaker 2: Absolutely.
Speaker 3: So oftentimes that's how I start all of my community talks is ask that question, how many people live at Eldercare And the answer is zero, zero people live there.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 3: Christina might say she lives there, My boss might say she lives here, but uh, but nobody lives there. Our goal has always been when it was from its inception, is to keep people happy and healthy in their own home, agent in place, whether that's in therapy or any of our other serve. So I think some people know of Eldercare, but they don't really know what we do.
Speaker 1: You do a lot of things, that's for sure.
Speaker 3: I mean, there's a lot of things under the Eldercare umbrella. Whether it's Foundation Therapy with me with PTOT and speech, or whether it's Deanna with case management her team, and they're they're going out into multiple counties and making sure people have services and the support they need to stay in their home and live happy and healthy in their own home. Whether it's Daybreak and Sheila, I think people have a misunderstanding of what Daybreak is. Sometimes let's spell it out for I think day Daybreak is fantastic adult day center.
Speaker 2: They do.
Speaker 3: It's not just a place that people go to sit. They do activities all day. They have two I think the morning is. I think they classify it as a snack, but it's more of a breakfast than I eat and a hot lunch. That's fantastic. They have a bus that will pick you up from your house. If you're living this in a location, it's fantastic. They keep people busy all day long and it provides the caregiver a little time to get things done that they need to get done. People can go for a day or five days a week. They can go for hours half a day. It's something that I think is it's one of the most cost effective ways to help people stay in their own home but still get the care that they need.
Speaker 1: You know, that daytime, watchful light. But the thing is, it's not necessarily that these folks have fun.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, I walked in the other day because sometimes we'll go work with some of their clients for physical therapy, so I'll go pick them up from the daybreak and they're playing horseshoes. They're having a crazy time. So yeah, I kind of wanted to stay. Honestly.
Speaker 1: The thing is with the daybreak, I understand this is where a lot of friendships sometimes get rekindled. Hey I haven't seen you in a while, and then a lot of times new friends.
Speaker 2: Absolutely new friends.
Speaker 3: So I mean sometimes just like just like anything, new people are a little hesitant, but after a week you see them their lights come on, they change and they.
Speaker 1: Look forward to it. So it's that connection exactly. You know that that's that's a cool thing. Now, Foundation Therapy. Now, before people start getting preconceived notions about this, uh, this is where you go to get better, and you get better in actually in pretty short order.
Speaker 2: In a lot of cases, we do our best. So yeah, we treat adults of all ages. So we have physical therapy, speech.
Speaker 3: And occupational therapy, and our occupational therapist is a hand specialist. So what we've seen over the last year is a lot of growth. So we're getting a lot more referrals and we're doing our best to keep up. I think that's that's not necessarily it's not a bad problem, but it's a problem nonetheless, so we're trying to solve it. We have a new therapist coming, a new full time physical therapist starting in September. Her name's Baylor Reese. She's been she was a student of ours a few years ago. I think her clients fell in love with her. We know what to expect. She's going to provide excellent care, so we're looking forward to that.
Speaker 1: Well, this is great now when it comes to foundation therapy, you mentioned this is a wide variety of ways where people can get help. But one of the things is is that you start feeling better, you start gaining your confidence back, and you're you're ready to be just a little bit more independent than you probably were a few weeks ago.
Speaker 3: You see people kind of open up there with the possibilities and the options in their life, kind of open up. When you provide support and you encourage them along their way and we get stronger everybody in everybody that's coming to therapy or even the people that that are coming to my gym after they get done with therapy, which is an aftercare program that can use the gym like a monthly membership. They're all working towards the same goal of being independent and healthy, and so it's kind of like and you see you see relationships for them in that group as well, people that when are you coming? You know, they show up at the same time because they want to work out and you know, talk with a friend.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, it goes hand in hand. You know. The confidence factor is really kind of key because you know, every time someone's had an injury or maybe something has gone wrong, maybe they've had a surgery and they're trying to recover everything, the first hurdle is the confidence can I do this right? Should even be trying to.
Speaker 2: Be doing this right?
Speaker 3: To have someone guide you along that path to recovery in a way. You know, we're we are very lucky in how we practice one on one where we can actually spend the time with you where you don't feel like you're kind of on your own, even if you're at the clinics, so to answer your questions and help kind of nurture that confidence a little bit more.
Speaker 1: That's cool.
Speaker 2: That is really cool. You know.
Speaker 1: Elder care is a great blessing in our community. Been around for now going on forty one.
Speaker 3: Forty one years wow, which is really young because I'm forty one, so it's really young, really young, almost forty one.
Speaker 2: I don't tell my wife. I said, it.
Speaker 1: Just does two guys. But the thing is is that it's grown quite a bit, and like you said, you're ready to grow a little bit more by adding an extra therapist. Absolutely, and you know, always looking for different ways to be that resource more folks who wish stage in place. And you got a lot of people there that are pretty darn smart.
Speaker 2: That's our best.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you do.
Speaker 3: Another thing that I think will be beneficial that we're trying to add services are women's tell public floor physical therapy. Something we talked about last time I was here, and it's coming up. We're going to start that program by the end of the year, so it'll be It's a resource that I think is absolutely needed and doesn't have enough service available. Services available in Bartlesville. People are having to go to Awassa in Tulsa. So bringing back home is probably I think it'll be great for elder care, great for foundation, and great for Bartlesville.
Speaker 1: Un Let's facy. You really don't want to be riding in a car that long.
Speaker 2: I just don't. It's just not right, unnecessary, you know, it's unnecessary.
Speaker 1: Indeed, now with the speech therapy, I did, folks wonder, well, why would you need that? Well, every day someone has a stroke and oftentimes oftentimes your speech is appeared. There are other things that can interfect your speech as well other than a stroke.
Speaker 3: But absolutely, I mean she sees Abby, sees people post strokes, people. She has a class for folks with Parkinson's because sometimes their voice kind of is depleted over time. She sees people with early cognitive changes and tries to do assessments to a certain level on not not just doing memory games, but really making tangible solutions for their daily life that they can actually see things improve at home. So it takes a lot of caregiver involvement as well. If you're going to work with someone with say early dementia, to make changes at home that will help that patient thrive at home. And so she I mean speech therapy is a wide has a wide breath of what they can do.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 3: And she's the only one in Bartlesvielle that focuses on adults. So it's it's and she's she's incredible.
Speaker 1: So I don't know how she does it. I don't know with all those kids and everything else. It's like you're getting to fix the woman's got energy. But anyway, you've got a great group out there. You even have a clinic out there too. Nice folks.
Speaker 3: Absolutely uh HC of Southeast Kansas or HU of Oklahoma now has come and they have taken over our health clinic. Doctor Jerrold's still there, Doctor doctor McGee is there, Ronda Lion is there, and they've tripled their treatment rooms.
Speaker 2: So they're ready.
Speaker 3: They're ready for people, and it's it is fun to see when you walk into eldercare of a full clinic. It's it's good for it's good for Bartlesfield, it's good for us, and it's it's it's good for Eldercare as a whole.
Speaker 1: Now, let's try to make sure that we get everybody on board here. Is this just for senior citizens? Is clinic?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: Absolutely not people of all ages. Yeah, wow, Yeah, it's a it's been an interesting switch to hear babies eldercare, but there are.
Speaker 2: It's fantastic.
Speaker 3: It's great because that that is not that we see, not that we work with babies, but we see people adults of all ages. So to have people of all ages walking in our building is great for us.
Speaker 1: Oh it is. It's got to be great. You got the beautiful building. You're right out there on.
Speaker 2: Swam right twelve to twenty three Swan Drive, big green roof, big green.
Speaker 1: Roof, a lot of bricks, plenty of parking.
Speaker 2: Not a nursing home.
Speaker 1: No no, but I tell you why. A lot of different areas here in which to get to help and find resources and everything. You guys even have a really nice.
Speaker 2: What you.
Speaker 1: Banquet room would what I would call that, or perhaps perhaf, but just a big meeting rooms. Got a little stage on it there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we call the dining room. But we've been hosting room. Yeah, we've been because that's where our daybreak participants eat lunch. So they eat in a real dining situation.
Speaker 1: That top that looks like a nice there's a.
Speaker 3: Commercial kitchen in the back of elder care, which is fantastic, but we host a lot like yesterday, we host a tech talk. You know people that were people are having trouble with their technology, whether it's their phone or the ripad or whatever, having questions. And that was a packed house in that room. You've seen the room and it's there's eight A lot of people in there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I should have been there, Josh.
Speaker 2: I probably should have been there too.
Speaker 1: I got a phone. I thought all you did was make calls on it does everything and sometimes I just don't know. I just don't know.
Speaker 2: Well, we'll reserve you as a seat next time.
Speaker 1: Thank you. I feel better already. How do we get a hold of you out there?
Speaker 3: You can call our main line at nine one eight three three six eighty five hundred and if you want to call a Foundation therapy directly, it's nine one eight seven six six zero.
Speaker 2: Three nine to one. Josh for being with me, I appreciate the time. Thank you,