Speaker 1: Listen to this conversation between Ingrid and Michael. In it, you will hear him use the expression sagen zy, which means say, in the sense of tell me sag zi.
Speaker 2: Couldn't tag Ingrid wegedu enen.
Speaker 3: Es gi me goodha el dunka.
Speaker 2: Sagnzi Ingrid was machen hech.
Speaker 3: It was drinking on the.
Speaker 2: It was esen esen yeah above. In my restaurantsomberan, who is this restaurantsomben?
Speaker 4: In the Beethoven Trazer, ah yah, we's what is iste?
Speaker 3: Drinking?
Speaker 2: Yeah good?
Speaker 5: Oh.
Speaker 1: In this conversation you heard the man say, wi's what is ist, which means I know where that is? Listen again.
Speaker 6: Couldn't tug ingred weged hiss enen es get me good, maha el dunka sagnzi Ingrid was mechen machen hech. It was drinking on the It was essen essen yeah above.
Speaker 3: Oh. In restaurants somberan, is.
Speaker 2: This restaurants baeren in?
Speaker 7: Ah?
Speaker 2: Yeah? If vice?
Speaker 1: What is is?
Speaker 2: Yeah good?
Speaker 1: If? Now ask me how I am.
Speaker 2: BIGETI scene and.
Speaker 1: Ask me if I understand German.
Speaker 2: Fastian ze Deutsche?
Speaker 1: Where is gertez street?
Speaker 3: What is the good to STRASO.
Speaker 1: You want to ask someone for directions, say excuse me.
Speaker 3: And shoutings.
Speaker 1: He responds yes.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: He adds bitter for lightness. Ask yes please, yeah, bita yeah, bita tell me listen and repeat.
Speaker 3: Sang z zang z.
Speaker 1: Sombrem means to the bear, Ask where is the restaurant?
Speaker 2: Some bearm.
Speaker 3: Is this restaurant? Sumberen?
Speaker 1: Tell me.
Speaker 3: Zang z zag z.
Speaker 1: Where is the restaurant?
Speaker 3: Is this restaurant?
Speaker 1: Answer on Beethoven Street, in the Beethoven Strasse, tell me that you'd like to eat something?
Speaker 2: Now ischmercht Yet it was ischmersta yetz it was.
Speaker 1: Ask me if I would like to eat something too mer Say emphatically no, I don't literally no, I not.
Speaker 3: Nine echnicht nine echnicht.
Speaker 1: Here's how to say nothing or not anything. Listen and repeat nichts.
Speaker 3: Nichts.
Speaker 1: How do you say nothing.
Speaker 3: Nichts?
Speaker 1: And how do you say something?
Speaker 2: It foss.
Speaker 1: Say again nothing or not anything?
Speaker 3: Nichts.
Speaker 1: Try to say I wouldn't like to eat anything, or I would like to eat nothing.
Speaker 3: Emotion en nichts esen.
Speaker 1: Try to say I wouldn't like to eat anything.
Speaker 3: Now he mostly yet sneetz esen, I mostly yet, sneitz Esen.
Speaker 1: Ask what would you like to do now?
Speaker 2: Thus motions yets machen.
Speaker 1: Say I'd like to buy something.
Speaker 3: Emotion to advest Caulfn is hemost to advise Caulfn.
Speaker 8: Ask her when one ask her, and what would you like to buy? On trust messien zie caufin tru's missions thee coulfin.
Speaker 1: Answer I'd like to buy wine.
Speaker 3: Is most divine coffin.
Speaker 1: How do you say with you.
Speaker 3: Mitt enan mitt inenen.
Speaker 1: Ask her with whom.
Speaker 2: Midvem mitdvem mitt vem.
Speaker 1: Ask with me.
Speaker 2: Mitmeya, mit meya.
Speaker 1: How does she say, yes, I would like to buy wine with you?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I most and mid inan vine caven.
Speaker 1: Say or beer.
Speaker 3: Udha beer.
Speaker 1: Udha beer, I would not like to eat anything now.
Speaker 3: If mosty yet snits esen, if mosty yet, snitz.
Speaker 1: Esen say, but I'd like to drink something with you.
Speaker 3: Aber hmst mid inan at fast drinking mid Inen.
Speaker 1: Say but not here.
Speaker 2: Abanistia abanishtia.
Speaker 1: Try to say, and also not over there in the.
Speaker 4: Hotel anism moteln anistum motel.
Speaker 1: Ask her where she would like to drink.
Speaker 2: Something wumersenzi edvas drinkan.
Speaker 1: How does she say, I'd like to drink something at your place?
Speaker 3: I mosta bay enen vastre emerged by enen edwars drinking.
Speaker 1: Here's how to ask is that okay? Or is that all right? In the sense of will that work? Or is that possible? Listen and repeat ge does.
Speaker 3: Get get get does?
Speaker 1: Now turn these two words around to answer that's all right or that'll work. You're literally saying that goes?
Speaker 2: Does git dust?
Speaker 1: Which word means that.
Speaker 2: Does? Does?
Speaker 1: Say again that goes or that'll work?
Speaker 2: Does get?
Speaker 1: How do you say nothing or not anything? Nichts say you wouldn't like to eat anything?
Speaker 2: See merchists esen see merchists esen.
Speaker 1: Say but me, I'd like to eat something?
Speaker 2: Aba it was.
Speaker 1: Here's how to ask at what time? Listen and repeat only.
Speaker 3: Who are v far.
Speaker 5: V fear, we feel it wore v field it wred wore.
Speaker 3: Wore.
Speaker 1: You're literally asking at how much a clock? Ask me at what time?
Speaker 3: If it were.
Speaker 1: The answer is at one o'clock. Listen and repeat oh mine or.
Speaker 5: I I.
Speaker 1: I oh.
Speaker 2: Oh mine?
Speaker 1: Or ask at what time.
Speaker 3: It were?
Speaker 1: Say one o'clock, I n ore.
Speaker 2: Iron ore.
Speaker 1: Say at one o'clock, Oh mine, ore, m.
Speaker 2: Oh mine ore.
Speaker 1: Here's how to say nine o'clock. Listen and repeatine were.
Speaker 2: Noine wreeine where noine wore.
Speaker 1: Say at nine o'clock, Ask at what time.
Speaker 3: If it were vif it were?
Speaker 1: Answer at one o'clock, Oh mine wre oh mine were, say at nine o'clock.
Speaker 2: Nine.
Speaker 1: Now listen and repeat the number eight act. Continue repeating act.
Speaker 2: Act acht.
Speaker 1: Say eight o'clock.
Speaker 2: Actor act or.
Speaker 1: Ask at eight o'clock.
Speaker 3: Um acht u umacht uh.
Speaker 1: Say no at nine o'clock.
Speaker 2: Nine nine?
Speaker 1: Do you remember how to say two? As in two BEERSII five say two o'clock.
Speaker 2: Sight wore.
Speaker 1: Wore say eight o'clock.
Speaker 2: Achtor acht or.
Speaker 1: One o'clock?
Speaker 2: Ain't were i't we're.
Speaker 1: At one? Listen and repeat omnes ensns is one when you're counting, say again at one omnes omnes and how do you say one o'clock?
Speaker 2: And were I were?
Speaker 1: Say nine o'clock.
Speaker 2: Knowe or knowing whore.
Speaker 1: At two o'clock.
Speaker 2: Omight were oom sight were?
Speaker 1: Ask at what time?
Speaker 3: If it were.
Speaker 1: Were at one o'clock or at two o'clock?
Speaker 3: Omine w order on swighte war omine wor order on sight war.
Speaker 1: Is that all right?
Speaker 3: It does.
Speaker 1: Say yes, that's all right, but I'd like to eat something at your place?
Speaker 7: Yeah, dus kid abich merged by in awss essen. Yeah, that's kid abich merged by in atwus Essen.
Speaker 1: Say at eight o'clock.
Speaker 3: Omacht or acht acht omacht or.
Speaker 1: Say no at nine o'clock.
Speaker 2: Nine, I'm nine o nine nine.
Speaker 1: Were ask at what time?
Speaker 2: Mvfil umvfil.
Speaker 1: Say at two o'clock? Is that all right?
Speaker 2: Skid us gid us.
Speaker 1: Say yes, that's all right, or yes that'll work.
Speaker 3: Yeah, duskid, yeah, duskid.
Speaker 1: Do you remember how to ask where's the hotel?
Speaker 7: Tell Bern voiced us hotel, some Bern voiced us hotel some Bern.
Speaker 1: Bitter answer over there on Beethoven Street.
Speaker 4: Dodroom in the Beethoven traser, dodrum in the Beethoven traser.
Speaker 1: How would you ask her if she would like to drink something with you?
Speaker 2: Metions was drinking? Metions was drinking?
Speaker 1: How does she say no? Thank you?
Speaker 3: Nine danka danka danka nine danka.
Speaker 1: Note that Danka alone can already imply no thank you for yes, thank you. A German speaking person tends to say yeah, bita say no, thank you? Not now?
Speaker 2: Nine danka danka, how does she say?
Speaker 1: And also not later?
Speaker 3: Und o nich Peter.
Speaker 1: Ask but at one o'clock is that all right?
Speaker 2: About mine? Or get us umne or umine or about mine ua get us?
Speaker 1: She says no, that won't do.
Speaker 3: Nine does get nished?
Speaker 1: Ask at two o'clock.
Speaker 2: Um swai wor spy umswai wor.
Speaker 1: She says no, thank you.
Speaker 3: Nine dunka.
Speaker 1: Dunker say later at eight o'clock.
Speaker 2: Sperete umatuer acht acht spereta umachtua.
Speaker 1: She says no, not at eight? Nine say or at nine o'clock.
Speaker 2: Or annoying were or annoying were yeh?
Speaker 1: She answers, certainly not listen and repeat the nicht Now repeat the word for certainly zi yah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, zi ya zi ya.
Speaker 1: Say certainly not.
Speaker 7: The ch.
Speaker 1: Ask at what time? How does she answer? No, that's not possible.
Speaker 3: Nine does get nisht Nine does get nished?
Speaker 1: Try to say, ah, I understand you.
Speaker 2: Ah fresh daisy ah is fresh day zy.
Speaker 3: They are good. It's firshta n z say you.
Speaker 1: Would not like to drink anything.
Speaker 2: See Merchenists drinking see Merchtenists drinking.
Speaker 1: You would like to eat something with me.
Speaker 2: See me address, Essen.
Speaker 1: Add in the restaurant, in restaurant, in restaurant, Ask at eight o'clock or at nine o'clock.
Speaker 2: One war?
Speaker 1: Say certainly not, she says, not at one o'clock and not at two o'clock.
Speaker 3: Nistomin wor nichtominwer. Don't fight war, she.
Speaker 1: Adds, for good measure, not at eight o'clock and not at nine o'clock. Nicht Ask at what time? Um um, she says, you don't understand. See first, Ask her what don't I understand?
Speaker 2: What's first?
Speaker 1: As ferchteerchnicht, she answers, you don't understand.
Speaker 4: German, zifichtein kind Deutsche, z fichtein kind Deutsche.
Speaker 1: This is the end of today's lesson. When you continue with the next unit tomorrow, please begin with track number two.