Speaker 1: Welcome to episode five fifty six of five and done. It is Monday, June twenty second. I'm your host, Jeffrey pattern Ostrow, joined unusually by Patrick Dubuque and Colin whit Church of the Action Network. Craig is, of course on vacation, enjoying whatever he's doing on vacation.
Speaker 2: With two days feel bad. I realized I have no idea where he is.
Speaker 1: No, I don't know. It's fine, I mentioned I don't think he wants us to know. Yeah there, Yeah, I assume he's not going to listen to this, so we'll probably say we can say whatever we want about Craig.
Speaker 2: Yes, all right, So usually, con as you know, since you were a regular listener, we start with banter. But instead I'm going to just ask you a question that we did not talk about ahead of time. I'm gonna play on the spot. What is, in your opinion, the worst take that you have ever heard on this show?
Speaker 3: The worst take?
Speaker 2: Yeah, the worst take. Oh, it can be about baseball. It can be you know, pre baseball banter.
Speaker 3: Yeah, my mind immediately went to some of the movie takes, and my my brain. The one contribution I'll bring to the show that similar to Craig is that my brain is broken. So remembering any of these takes.
Speaker 1: I think the most famous bad take is Craig not liking soup.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that is a bad take. A I messaged Craig a few weeks ago to make fun of Jeffrey because he said, you guys were talking about the White Sox and he said, oh, they they fired all their bullets and then started listing off the prospects that they're going to call out pretty soon. And so I don't know if that's necessarily a bad take, but that's just the first thing that came to my mind, not that he was necessarily wrong. It just was a funny confluence of events there where he said, oh, they pretty much fired all their bullets. Well, Bradon Montgomery and Hagen Smith, but you know, so no, unfortunately, don't have a good answer. Maybe it'll pop up to me in an hour from now in the middle of the show and I'll just interrupt you guys.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it just be like, hold on, hold on, hold on, Yes, back in twenty twenty four, you were wrong.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I actually didn't even I was never a big podcast listener until maybe a little more than a year ago, I started going to the gym regularly and music doesn't do it for me. I'm not a big guy, so I needed podcasts, and I would listen to It's I'm I'm also extremely picky about my podcast, so take that as a compliment if you want that. I listened to this one, and I would listen to the No Longer with us Athletic podcast that Sam Miller was on with Andy and Grant, and those were my only two baseball podcasts. So I was thinking this week about how being on this podcast is actually a detriment to me because I'm going to go to the gym tomorrow and have to hear your I either listened to this and I already know everything you guys are gonna say, or I gotta find another podcast.
Speaker 2: As long as you make it good, you can live the high.
Speaker 3: It'll depend on how I do in the game at the end.
Speaker 1: Well, we got a show to get to before that, and we'll start. Since I mean, I was gonna do this anyway, but it's convenient since Colin is on our first topic, central planning, there's gonna be a theme running for the first two segments, and that does anyone want to win the AL Central. No, the White Sox have run into the Yankees and Tigers. I get. I don't know if the Tigers are good. Obviously they lost to a three to the Yankees, which fine. They lost to or three to the Tigers, which again I don't know if the Tigers are good.
Speaker 3: No, they were swept by the Tigers.
Speaker 1: They were swept by the Tigers. They yeah, yes, that puts somewhat. Now I have games or four games over five hundred two.
Speaker 3: They're just two.
Speaker 1: Oh, they're just two? Are they still in the lead in the ale Central?
Speaker 3: Now the Garden amount of losses as the Guardians. But the Guardians to play two more games than that.
Speaker 1: Right, fair enough? So you see, I put together this agenda without looking at the they have.
Speaker 3: They have. The White Sox currently have the best run defferential in the ALE Central at minus four.
Speaker 1: You're already sitting in well for Craig.
Speaker 2: I know I was gonna bring it up if you didn't.
Speaker 3: But yes, it is very it is very typical. I mean White Sox fans for weeks we're talking about this Gaunt, this June Gauntlet, Phillies, Braves, Dodgers, Yankees. Of course they won both of their games against the Braves. The third one got rained out. They won two of three from the Dodgers. They lost two of three to the Phillies and then ended by losing two of three to the Yankees and then promptly got swept by the Tigers. And now they've got Cleveland coming up. But they do have Kyle tielback today.
Speaker 1: Oh, very exciting. They kept them from the whatever weird leg exercises he was doing.
Speaker 3: Yes, hopefully he was hitting extremely well in his rehab. For whatever that's worth. Catcher has been a black hole for the entire season. They sent Edgar Carro down instead of Drew Romo, which is predictable but also notable because of the respect.
Speaker 1: So I will point out Collins gave me shit about Brady Montgomery, who has like a six hundred ops.
Speaker 3: Hey, well I was. I was when he was still in Triple A. But yeah, I was talking about this on our Action Network podcast this morning with my co host Sean Zarrillo about the Tigers. I don't know, we jump around this division or whatever, but like everyone assumes the Tigers are going to sell, They're going to trade Schooble, They probably are going to trade Schooble. I don't think they should. I think that this team is going to get healthier.
Speaker 1: And far out of like I get that that far out of it.
Speaker 3: I mean when you think about thirteen games back in the end of August, seven games back and it's June, and the question that I have, the thing that I can't figure out, and Jeffrey, maybe you can answer this. They claimed James Outman on waivers. They called him Trey Cruz the other.
Speaker 1: Day, they sure did.
Speaker 3: Where the hell is Max Clark? Why is it Max Clark up yet?
Speaker 1: I think Trey Cruse is literally the last Connecticut Tiger that will ever get called up, Oh wow, to the majors. I'm pretty sure I saw him in twenty nineteen there. Yeah, it might even been earlier in macu he's like twenty six, but uh yeah, I don't know. Like I looked into Clark fairly early on for a ten pack, like I was doing like guys that might get called up soon, and it was Clark and Emmanuel Rodriguez. And Emmanuel Rodriguez predictably got hurt. But Clark like he's been fine, like he's given back a little bit of the not even the given back a little bit of the hard hit and more of the directionality of his like late twenty twenty five breakout, which is not unusual. But he still looks like a guy that would come up and be I don't know, like ajing Ish for them, probably like just the guy that's gonna hit like five percent better than theague average and play. He's probably a better defensive center fielder than you ing is. And they've had so many outfield issue. I mean, they've had a lot of injury issues up and down that roster, but like outfield specifically has been like he had to play like Riley Green and center. He's got to be better than Matt Erling, Rightnzi Perez right, I think Perez is hurt.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he got a.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's right. We talked about the last ye. I don't like, there's no your past. If you care about such thing as your past, Super two, there's probably no point in keeping him down for like a pp I picked. You're gonna get one from McGonagall anyway. This year he's gonna win Ale Rookie of the Year. And yeah, like they've got to decide. Obviously, Torres just got hurt again, has gone back on the aisle. They kind of got to decide like sooner rather than later, And like Scooble, I don't he hasn't been great in his first two starts back, but there's nothing that suggests it's anything other than he didn't pitch for a month and they rush him back off one rehab. So yeah, I guess they they could, like you can't really count them out, but there's so the problem is they're already seven games back, and they have the same problem as the White Sox and the Guardians, where they have like three good headers and two good pitchers.
Speaker 2: And the thing with the Tigers is that you know, they've been playing better for a while, right, Yeah, I feel like I'm constantly hearing about how they're playing better. They've been they've been better. There are a game that happened up up on the Royals. Yeah, they haven't actually moved. It's very weird. There's still eleven games under five hundred. It's we're halfway through the season almost.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're five games out of a playoff spot.
Speaker 1: I mean everyone playoffs.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the Angels are seven games out of the playoffs.
Speaker 1: We haven't even talked about the Twins, who are actually have actually played as well as Patrick thinks. The Tigers have played lately yea and are back to four games under. I think so they're right again. They have all of the same problems as all of these teams, but they do. They got Roy Lewis back from Triple A and he's kept hitting homers since he was called up basically, and then like they like Joe Ryan is quietly just having the Joe Ryan season. I know there were injury like injury concerns.
Speaker 2: It's really easy to be quiet in Minnesota.
Speaker 1: It is, It's true, and like it's it's also the Twins also had did like the Yankees run it back thing, but with the Twins lineup and roster, which it is what it is. But like again, they have Buckston healthy, they have Lewis healthy. These might be temporary things. Lu Keishel has been hitting better lately.
Speaker 3: None of their none of their young pictures seem to have taken a step for They've got all these Zebbie Matthews and kind of free lip and like none of them are Andrew.
Speaker 1: Morris Clyp's been okay. But also like, uh, they had Kendrie. I'm gonna I remember if it's because Kendry Rojas not very annoying. Kendrick Rojas was up and not particularly good and then got hurt. Like they do. They have these guys, they can these like four starter types they can cycle through. But I do feel like we're maybe like a few weeks removed from Cody Clemens like clearly being their second best hitter, and now they've gotten enough other guys hot, he's like their fourth best hitter, which is an improvement, I guess.
Speaker 2: And well, yeah, it's weird. Like Matt Trueblood wrote a piece on the Twins for us for the site this morning, and one of the things he notes is that like essentially they shuffled the deck about a month ago. You know, they sent down Lewis, they sent down was it Laartin no Wallner they sent down Yeah, after being like basically the worst player baseball for the first month, and they just brought them all back. But then just like basically shuffled which positions they were playing. Yes, so Roy's Lewis is now playing first, Yeah, Cody Clemens is now like kind of playing right or left, and it's it's kind of worked defensively, like none of these guys have any business playing the positions they're playing. It's interesting like they this this Twins team could have just you know, shrugged right and say what you want about the pole Ads, but our newest pole ad at least like if there's one way you can channel the owner's idiotic to drive to win despite all reason, like this is the way you do it. He isn't actually like he's just forcing them to keep working. Yeah, you know you're gonna stay here until five. We're gonna try and figure something out. At least they're trying stuff.
Speaker 1: It's right, they don't really have anything to trade, Like Buxton keep saying he wants to be a Twin for life, so that kind of they probably will trade Joe Ryan. I just don't know if it'll be at the deadline. And again they can they can make a run here. But like Todd Bradley has settled in as like the Fi like the fine version of it. He's still getting up too many home runs again, but like he's been fine, Bailey Ober has been exactly Bailey Ober. You know, pre Lip has probably pitched a little better than his era, but he kind of looks a lot like TODJ. Bradley as well, uh, they already dfates. I mean with Richardson, he's back in Toronto. Like again, Zebbie Matthews keeps throwing harder and keeps not pitching well, like Mickabel has been hurt, but he just.
Speaker 3: Had a step back too.
Speaker 1: I think, yeah, it's it's also how much you want to kind of Mackabel down the stretch and like their bullpen's been good and that's why they I'm describing a four games on your five hundred team.
Speaker 3: Basically, I feel like the Twins are not that they have a lot to sell, but like they're I feel like they're the team and I don't I'm not as familiar with I know they've had like this weird ownership change semi change like situation or whatever. But I feel like they're the team that uh wants to win the least. Uh So we'll look for the opportunity to sell whatever they can at the earliest. And but the school thing is obviously the most fascinating because like the Tigers can absolutely compete, but like, do they want to lose scoob belfo They're not going to resign Schooble, so do they go for it with him or do they and if they trade him, that is just you know, conceding the season, a season that might not be lost. And we haven't even mentioned the the actual division leaders. Cleveland the suddenly most beat like they had the latter, Bazana, Ramirez. Now two of those guys are down. I think angel uh are on. How Martinez, I think it's hurt.
Speaker 2: He snuck his injury in on a day where Ramire has already got injured. So yeah, but like Stephen Quan unfortunately not hurt.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they were the healthiest team in baseball up until the last week. It's very interesting it all happened at once.
Speaker 1: It's a long season, as we like to say, it's.
Speaker 2: A long season. I feel like we were talking about them being like middle of the pack in DRC like three weeks ago. They're twenty eighth.
Speaker 1: Now, like they're giving a lot more at bats to like Gabriel Arius and Khalil Watson. Khalil Watson, Yeah, to her.
Speaker 3: Fairchilds and who I still don't believe is a real MLB player. But I keep saying in box scores, you can't have a PD in baseball. D Helpin.
Speaker 1: Like they're I mean again, they're kind of back to just being the Guardians we know and tolerate, Like Parker Messic continues to be quite good, you know, Gavin Williams has been, you know, not as good as last year, but fine. And then they just keep like finding enough pitching, like again, Slate Chacconi has a foreign a happy ra Joey Cantillo has a four r's. You know, these are better things to have when you're off average as opposed to what it is now. But they of all of these teams, they feel the most like they can win eighty five games.
Speaker 2: Well, it helps when you have the only team that hasn't missed to start. Yeah, right, there's they have five starters. It's worked. It's good because they don't have a sixth starter.
Speaker 3: They just got Sabrowski back from the i L. He is this year's random pop up Cleveland reliever who turns in a really good season.
Speaker 2: Yeah. He's a fun he's a fun pitcher when it comes down, he's very very Logan Henderson Codd. Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 1: The picture that has made the most appearances for them out of the pen is Patrick's own, Matt Festa.
Speaker 3: Yes, I would have guess Hunter Gatis, but.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, they've they got there getting a good Colin Holderman season, which seems to happen every other year for whatever team has Colin Holderman, and they pick the right year, I guess. You know, Kate Smith is one of the best believers in baseball, so that it is against a Guardians team and that's probably as we've seen in recent years and not in the Al Central, but.
Speaker 3: Probably is again this year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it probably isn't. But are any of these teams buyers, I guess, because that could make a big difference here.
Speaker 3: I I've talked about this a lot in regards to the White Sox obviously, and I could see them doing the like I feel like we've seen like the Pittsburghs and Cincinnatis of the world.
Speaker 2: Make this Isiah and you know two middle relievers.
Speaker 3: The name that I the name that I brought up because it's pitching, is they'll trade like Michael Lorenzen.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, But so they've they're gonna plug one of their black holes in their lineup with Kyle Teal. Hopefully they've gotten way above water production out of guys like Tristan Peters and like Randall Gritschuk has been a fine platoon pick up for them, but they have no pitching beyond the four guys were throwing right now, and two of the four guys who were throwing right now are Anthony k and Eric Fetti. They're bullpenning every fifth day until Noah Schultz comes back, which should be next weekend, and even that has been questionable. Since he made his debut, the bullpen has been better than expected. Grant Taylor's been one of the best relievers in baseball. Brian Hudson, Anthony Domingus is incredibly sir Anthony Domingez where he can have blow ups like yesterday, but he's like fine in a setup role. I just I think this offense is as good as advertised. I don't think they'll have the pitching to hold up down the stretch. Maybe they trade for, you know, again, Lorenzen types, but I don't think any of these teams end up being buyers. I think the team that should be buyers is Detroit. They won't be and yeah, everyone else will just do cursory.
Speaker 1: With the White Sox lineup, and I think we saw us a little bit against the Tigers. Is when you know they're reliant on Monkri and Vargas and Murakami when he's healthy hitting home runs because they don't really they'll walk, they don't. They're not keeping the line moving to use like an announcer cliche, right like, they have the guys that get on base and Antonachi and Madrap, but they're really reliant on the three run homer to an extent. And when those guys aren't, like, these guys hit a lot of homers, right like, they're all on pace for thirty plus I mean Murakami, min Nick because he's hurt, but they're all on pace for like thirty plus homers. But they're so reliant on that that you know you're gonna lose some four to three games in that when they're not when they're striking out of they're three hundred and sixty two feet flyouts.
Speaker 2: Yeah. You know, we talk about the White Sox and getting a fourth starter like more than any other team though it feels like they need a third starter, they need a playoff starter. R Yeah, and they're not going to do that.
Speaker 3: We see Davis Martin kind of take a step back a little bit, which was expected. Sean Burk's been great when pitching ahead of behind a behind an opener. He threw a I don't even know if there's a term for that. He threw a complete game behind an opener. Uh against the I think it was the one game they won against the Yankees. But yeah, I yeah, they have the second most homers in baseball as a team. Only the Yankees have hit more home runs than this team. Uh, they have a complete enough offense. But yeah, it's very They're going to go through these really funky periods, like you said, Jeff, because you know, they don't have those blind movers like you said.
Speaker 2: This team really could use, which is a.
Speaker 3: Shame I've been saying that I have.
Speaker 1: In the next segment, I've heard I've.
Speaker 3: Heard Sonny Gray mentioned if Boston.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he said he will have a common He's a no trader. He makes it okay more comed he although he has said he was willing to wave it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm not sure if it will wave it for the White Sox.
Speaker 3: Because there Hagan Smith is now hurt in the minors. Uh, Tanner McDougall is hurt. Who was kind of the guy that people were expecting to pop up If it wasn't Hagen Smith, Jonathan Cannon hasn't been any good down there, you know.
Speaker 1: After Jonathan Cannon is still in the organization.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he uh competed for the fifth started training.
Speaker 1: And didn't get it, which tells you something.
Speaker 3: Yes, and he's been bad. Shane Smith was, I know, Patrick's mentioned him. He was terrible when he got sent down and now he's hurt. So, yeah, the options are incredibly thin. It was, and they called up Junior Perez because ever since Pereira came back and then got hurt again. And of course when they whenever Sin Pereira came back, they traded Derek Hill to the Phillies.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Uh so they all of a sudden are hurt For outfield depth, I don't know. Obviously, I follow this team a lot closer than the average baseball viewer.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 3: It feels a lot like a house of cards. I do think their offense has enough to to keep them like interesting the rest of the year, but I think Detroit and Cleveland are still both better teams than them. We'll see if Detroit what Detroit does. I don't know.
Speaker 2: The White Sox just need to convert Jordan Hicks back to starting again. It's been a couple of weeks, a couple months. We can, we can turn them off and turn them.
Speaker 3: They did just call him back. He just he just came back from injury. I forgot about that one. When when they when they do well, when they activated him, I go, oh, yeah, the White Sox have Jordan Hicks. I follow this team every day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't think we need to talk about the Royals.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't think so either.
Speaker 1: I mean they have Bobby Went playing through a torn meniscus. Yeah, brain, I guess not.
Speaker 3: And mikel Garcia has been super banged up too. He keeps coming in and out of the lineup with I forget it's like a wrist injury or or hand injury or something like that. He hasn't been nearly as good as last year.
Speaker 1: I am feeling pretty good about my Jack cagleone breakout pick though he's doing exactly what I would have hoped.
Speaker 3: Pascanino is still hurt.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and like you just not be good, Like we're at that point.
Speaker 3: I was on team pat You guys talked a while ago, like like who's your team in the ALSN or whatever? And Patrick was on the Royal. You guys are both on the Tigers. I was on the Royals. Carter Jensen's look good.
Speaker 1: He's the hing I mean that he's not a great depending better than salth Perez.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's probably better.
Speaker 3: If he's not better than they've got a big problem.
Speaker 1: Michael Massey has more bobbleheads in full seasons with an OBP over three hundred.
Speaker 3: And Mike cal Garcia being in an out of lineup means more Nick Lofton in the line does It's never a good thing for anyone except maybe Nick Lofton.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Like the pitching has been okay.
Speaker 3: Stephen Kohlik has kind of started to turn back into a pumpkin. I feel like.
Speaker 1: The pishing is as good as any other team in this division.
Speaker 3: Sure that way.
Speaker 1: I mean their best pitcher is like either no Noah Cameron or Seth Lugo, depending on your war of choice. And right now, Noah Cameron is striking out a batter and a half more per nign than Seth Lugo, which is a problem for Seth Luga, although he's been fine, But like, yeah, Cameron, Lugo and Waka I've all been burying degrees of pretty good. They just can't hit, yeah, which takes us to another division. No one wants to win? Topic number two. Do you know how the West was one? Despite everyone on this show for the last month saying the Mariners were eventually going to run away with this division. They are also two games over five hundred a one game now. They lost yesterday. I see, I gotta keep up game and a half ahead of the Athletics, two ahead of the Rangers, and only three ahead of I guess my Houston Astros in this division context, Patrick, what's going on with the Mariners?
Speaker 2: Well, they were playing Miles Master Bony at first and Connor Joen left. Yeah, and West and Wilson at third.
Speaker 1: Well, I certainly just called up weston Wilson.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah. There's been a lot of injuries, a lot of like a lot of like nobody's they haven't all been heard at the same time. It feels like they are just kind of passing each other in the rolling door. JP Crawford is hurting. Now he's back. Josh Naylor was out for a few days, which is how you got MASTERARONI now Tom can Zone is apparently hurt. Julio was hurt but didn't have to go in the I l The pitching has been good and that's probably the only reason why.
Speaker 1: They like they're using like multiple piggybacks now too. Yeah, so we're doing.
Speaker 2: So Luis Castillo is probably not a major league starter anymow. Yeah, but nobody wants to say it, and so the entire pitching staff is decided rather than just piggyback Castillo, I mean, the idea was originally to piggyback Castillo and Bryce Miller, who Miller struggled early on in the season. Miller now has a one point five eight e r A. Miller's just better, Like he just needs to be a full time starter, but there's no one left the piggyback Casto. You have five starters and then a piggyback starter. It doesn't really work. Probably the answer is probably Hancock should be the piggyback starter, right.
Speaker 1: He's been I know he is not God, but yeah, like they just need to fit the maritors that we've been saying for years, just need a fifth starter. They don't need to be one of them. They've had exactly five, and then this year one of them is not good anymore, which is that they.
Speaker 2: Have six and one of them is not good anymore, and they keep pitching him Anyhow, that's the thing is that they have Gilbert Kirby, wu Miller Hancock. That's your that's a good five man rotation. And then they just keep starting Louise Steal. Now they just keep getting bulk to Louise Steel.
Speaker 3: Do they call up Kate Anderson this year? Should they slash?
Speaker 2: Do they?
Speaker 1: They probably should? I mean they probably promoted the Triple A first.
Speaker 3: But yeah, like, yeahiculous.
Speaker 1: I keep like Kate Anderson is going to rank very high on our season fifty and a lot of that is based on he's probably just a Major League two three right now, which they could use. Like, I don't think he has a much upside as some of the guys that are gonna rank ahead of him or maybe even behind him. But like there's no point, like Double A was already a very aggressive assignment, but like just you're not learning anything here.
Speaker 2: Yeah no, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Cal Raley three of eighteen since coming back from the IL Yeah, no home runs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean they're they're hurt and they're not. Like again, dominic Ken Zones been their best header, which.
Speaker 2: Yeah it was. Yeah, I don't know. I still think they're the best team in the division.
Speaker 1: Yeah, No, absolutely but like, yeah.
Speaker 3: It's but it's just because of the pitching. It's it's like the opposite that's carrying at.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Colt Emerson has cooled off a fair bait. He's striking out thirty two percent of the time right now, which is not really what you want from Cole Emerson.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, TRC does not believe.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like again, I think he'll be fine. Like this is also the first one hundred plate appearances of his career, so and he hasn't been like awful. He had six home runs, which is more power than I expectedly from Colt Emerson too, but again like they should like I just you'd think they would run away from it, but also run away with it. But also like who's who do you think can catch them? I guess is the.
Speaker 3: Other Well, the only team that can come close to them, and they're still far behind them from a pitching standpoint is Texas. Yeah, with de gram Yvaldi. They just placed Jack Lighter on the il. Jack Lighter has been one of the most frustrating pitchers for me to watch because I feel like.
Speaker 1: Why would you do that? Like I specifically like there were I think he was there was like I had a break between World Cup games, like I should throw a game on and one of them was a jack The only one was a Jack Lighter start. I'm like, no, it was the game was the Lake game, Like I'm not, I'm not.
Speaker 3: Putting this on my Jack Lighter investment is fantasy baseball relate, I'll be honest with you. And I traded for him and then he immediately just went in the tank. I traded for him after his ten strikeout five and two third inning outing, and yeah, he's given up fifteen runs and fifty ten innings basically over his last three starts, and now he's on the I. L. H. Gore has also been very frustrating for them, Like, I mean, de Gram and Yuvaldi is a one to two is still perfectly fine. That's like a playoff caliber rotation right there, but behind them has been very questionable. And then yeah, the offense just soup, Like how long are we going to keep waiting for? Like Wyat Length everyone every before every year one's like White Lengthford MVP turn.
Speaker 1: You know, he's been very good since he came back from the injury, but okay, like he's only played thirty five games for.
Speaker 2: Them, how long are we going to keep waiting for having Carter? I mean, boy, the oldest twenty three year old, well was history.
Speaker 1: He kept waiting for Josh Young and he's been like this year.
Speaker 3: So you guys had a conversation a few weeks ago about Boston and how they keep calling up these top prospects and then they don't really live up the hype Texas. I feel like it is in the same ballpark with length few prospects. True, but they call up these guys, the few guys they have they call up and then they kind of struggle to get their feet under them. Did you know that Jared Kellenick is now on the ring?
Speaker 2: I did know, but I did not realize that they optioned Josh Smith to do it.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Wow, with Nicky Lopez instead in manning second base.
Speaker 2: Like that's a weird Yeah. Yeah, life comes at you fast.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Is Ezekiel Duran still their best hitter?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 1: No, it is, it's I mean he's no, he's been their second best position player because he's also played behind Young.
Speaker 3: One of the Rangers games I watched recently was an Apple TV broadcast, and a big talking point was Ezekiel Duran's All Star candidacy.
Speaker 1: Well, there's no second basement.
Speaker 2: There there is because it's going to be your any clement, but four times the votes of anybody else.
Speaker 1: Right, Well, Duran has played twenty six Karan has played twenty six games at shortstop for them this year. Like I did not think Ezekiel Duran was a shortstop in short season a ball, even though he.
Speaker 2: Was playing there more than any other position.
Speaker 1: Twenty two at second, sixteen at left, ten, at third. Look, he's been like he's had seasons like this before. He did this in twenty twenty three, Like he's capable doing this. I just don't. And they've used him kind of weirdly over the years. I think part of this was Josh Smith being good, so they didn't like they're kind of duplicative and Smith is a better defender at more spots. But like, yeah, I mean he's been fine, But you also don't wanted to be your second best position player. That's a general rule. Yeah, I don't like. Again, what is the if the standard is you have to get to eighty five wins, which again it looks like in this division Texas, I unlike any of the ale Central teams, I do believe Texas would buy.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, they are.
Speaker 1: They are still pretty you know, pot committed to this core. I mean it's I would say the core based around Corey Seger, but Corey Seger barely plays now. But like the Seeger de gram Avaldi, you know, they probably only have a couple more years. You know. They did the by trade with Mackenzie Gore already, you know, and traded ironically the prospect, the best prospect they traded, and idea was not the best prospect at the time, but they traded a guy that's trending towards the mid season fifty Devin Fitzgerald in that too, So they don't have a ton more chips to push in. Obviously, they didn't have too many before they traded for Gore. Like, I mean, Walcott should be back at some point in the second half of the season, but probably not before the trade deadline, and probably not in a way that's gonna allow you to deal. They have some arms.
Speaker 3: But it was TJ too, like he's probably gonna DH when he comes back, right right, Yeah, Like, I guess the question if you're Texas and your trading is what what is the you know, you can only trade for so much. Is it a back end starter? Is it a second like what position they get?
Speaker 1: I think it's a third starter. Like they could really use Freddy Peralta right behind that just to stabilize the and he's start Game three for them and stabilize them all that rotation. So I guess, you know, like they are a team, and they are a team that does like Peralta because he's a rental and has not been particularly good. And the Mets, because of where they are in the luxury tech situation, haven't even like lower qualifying offer pick that they'll get back. So the standard for beating the qualifying offers even lower than it is with the Tigers and Schooble. I think there'll be some interest there, you know, Cubs, Rangers, Padres, maybe like teams like that that probably aren't probably don't have the pieces to get Scooble. I think the Cubs might be interested. Don't get me wrong, I don't think you put a package together. Wrote about that last week at BP two weeks ago. But yeah, there are teams that are going to be not in this Schooble race. But like it's I'm not gonna say it's like the appearance of doing something, because like Freddy, Peralta would improve this rotation as bad as he's been his last few starts, But it's not a move that you're gonna like really, Like I don't think it's going to cost him like Kiden Scarborough when we do like Kiden Scarborough less than pretty much any other place on the planet. But they they won't. They don't have a ton of product, they don't have prospects trade that they're gonna miss right in some ways, just as a function of where their farm system is right.
Speaker 3: Now, wouldn't Sandy be a pretty good fit in that ballpark? I feel like if you're looking at a third starter you mentioned Peralta, maybe I'll contrabably costs a little less in terms of prospect capital.
Speaker 1: Right, and like I think the Range would be willing to take on the money too. Yeah, it's very funny, like somehow degromminy Evaldi are also running one point six on run per nine in that stadium, like they've both been quite good, Like de Grama is basically having the dram season with like an extra home run per nine innings despite pitching, and so that might just be like he's thirty eight, the shapes degraded a little bit. He isn't throw quite as hard, so when he tries to live in this zone with the fastball slider, it gets hit. Like he'd have games you've been at his peak where he could you know, he would just say like, all right, if he can hit ninety eight in his own god bless, and it would happen occasionally.
Speaker 2: But yeah, he started to see you could You could almost see it as kind of like early stage shures.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the thing is like two years younger than I know, but then are two years ago didn't get either.
Speaker 2: The weird thing about the Rangers is that I feel like there's no team with quite as much discrepancy between o PS and d RC, Like, uh, we have them ranked twenty third as an offense, and then you look at the lineup, but go, well, where are you plugging a guy? I remember right now they are They brought up Jared Keelnick. So the answers they hit Jared keltniket right, Yeah, I mean Alejandrosuna has been uh okay, but not not you know, not eminently replaceable and left And I guess part of it is like if you were you started off the season assuming a Carter link for Nemo outfield, and if you want to continue to assume that you can, I guess you can.
Speaker 1: Nemo has been despite leaving multiple games in the fourth inning, relatively healthy.
Speaker 2: The Rangers had been full of players that are just like, yeah, they've been pretty good, okay, with Jake Berger, with Juck Peterson's back, like Brandon Nemo has been fine.
Speaker 1: Again, we are describing a two games under five hundred.
Speaker 2: K Yeah, sort of. I don't know. It's it's hard to say. I think I think you I think they should target another outfielder. I think maybe I think you take whatever Carter can give you as gravy at this point, but don't don't lean on him for a for starting this if you if you really want to make the playoffs this year, they.
Speaker 1: Could really use a catcher. But also like, just don't trade for catchers at mid season.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I don't think it's not good. I don't think I get anything better than Danny Jansen when he's back.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't even know what catchers I mean. I guess like the like Krotini or something like that.
Speaker 2: Kartini has been like one of the best hitters in baseball. Yeah, this month, but that's true. I was looking.
Speaker 3: I was just scrolling through uh Kylie and Tassanda to top one hundred trade candidates for the season. I was trying to and Jared Duran would look really good in that outfield.
Speaker 1: I feel like, yeah, yeah, and again it's like twenty twenty six year and Durance. We're not even like setting the bar that high.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: The hunter Goodman mentioned is interesting because I've been thinking about the you know, the joke about the rock he's not trading anyone. But is that still the case with the Paul de Podesta run front office. Are they actually gonna make like logical baseball related decisions at the trade deadline this year which we haven't seen them do practically ever, Like, are they gonna trade Antonio Sinzitela, you know who's like they're somehow.
Speaker 2: Yes in that case, I think I will think so Goodman.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't have thought so last If sense of Talent was doing last year what he was doing this year, I still I would have been like, no, they're not gonna trade them to the Rockies.
Speaker 2: I mean trade Trevor Story. Why would.
Speaker 3: And they're like low key one of the most fascinating deadline teams just because of the new front office.
Speaker 1: Your trade Mickey Moniac, Yeah, they should like the regular like.
Speaker 2: It wouldn't look he would not look terrible.
Speaker 1: You're not the Rangers off and the outfil either trade him to the Phillies.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well yeah, and when we were when I looked at this dock in the dock the team though, I give me the rate. Now looking at the Rangers, yeah, I mean they've got they've got a puncher's chance here. Uh so do the Athletics, I think.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I guess just because you know, the Mariners are one of giving the.
Speaker 2: Chance, right, yes, but like this pitching staff doesn't look terrible all of a sudden, like and it doesn't look great. But J C. Gin engaged jump and you know, like Jack Perkins is weird. Jack Perkins is a day darling who is getting completely hammered on. Pauls and play right now. But between those and Springs is perfectly okay as a fourth starter will be back and the bullpen has been you know, it's hard like we've reached a point with the Athletics. You look at you look at the numbers. You can't really look at the numbers for the athletics because we've reached kind of like cores adjacent.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean we can adjust for this, and like we can't. Langoliers and Soderstrom and even Gelloff like there's still been good, right, Like they're still like I know, it's you know, it's eight fifty oh PS's it's not as fancy in that park, but they're still good. They got a lot of good hitters. I mean, the Kurts is obviously a star level guy right at this point, but like the next year down of guys has been good. Henry Boltief has been good since he again it's you look at this like Langlers and Soshim don't really swinging this anymore, and Geloff has tamed it enough, but you know a lot of these guys still do, Like I don't even Kurt themselves strikes out a lot. But Laurence are going to.
Speaker 3: Be this year. Yeah, yeah, I think.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Carlos Cortes has unsurprisingly cooled off a lot.
Speaker 3: I mean they're basically the Al West's version of the White Sox, but more more offensive upside, I feel like, because I mean, the white of Kurts his quality even with what Murakami was doing and what Colson Montgomery is doing. Like they it's it's they've got the offense to hang with anyone, but do they have enough pitching? And maybe in this division their pole opposite of Seattle essentially, uh, all offense, no pitching versus all pitching, no offense. But they're also a team that's not I'd be shocked if they made any noteworthy trade at the time.
Speaker 1: So I can't believe jt Jen has a three E r A.
Speaker 2: But well, he's like again another like hers, it's a lot nineties like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he might just be good, might be all right, Like gate Jumping. I mean, he hasn't gone a home run yet, but I generally I don't think he's a two point three era picture. But I believe Gage Jump is an above average major league starter, which they badly needed.
Speaker 2: But it's very funny to look again and then look at his stuff numbers.
Speaker 1: Because yeah, no, he has like six pitches, but they're all terrible.
Speaker 2: They're all terrible.
Speaker 1: By the way, the Jtjen storry.
Speaker 3: You asked me, uh takes, Well, these aren't really takes. It's just like my uh my biggest nitpick and I bother Craig about it all the time and he gets mad at me. Is your name pronunciation? Yeah, I mean it's Aaron Savali, it's JT. Gin not the one that I actually really pissed Craig off about. It's Chase my droth draft looking at the A roster get on there. Yeah, yes, yeah, no, I know, and I don't actually care. I just like I.
Speaker 2: Intentionally did not bring up Aaron saval because I didn't. I wasn't to sir whether to mispronounce his name intentionally Andymore, but I decided I'm not even to do the joke. I'll just skip it. I'm just never going to talk about him ever again.
Speaker 3: Yeah. He Luckily, he makes it very easy to do it, sure does.
Speaker 1: This is a team that, like I know, Jeffrey Spragans, they traded a fair bit four and he's making a fair bit of money. But they probably need to move him to the pen and find another starter.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean twenty one home runs in season, had.
Speaker 3: A really good start to the season. I kind of was looking at him like, oh, is this is this a step forward? But no it is not. Yeah, the home runs, it just it's not suited for this part. No, and he made the start. I believe he started the last game and Vegas where they allowed twenty three runs. Yeah, so that didn't help matters.
Speaker 1: He knocked around at his last one too, back in the normal.
Speaker 3: Uh yeah, Park.
Speaker 2: Let's let me let's look a road split. Let's see. Yeah, I mean it's it's no, he's been.
Speaker 1: I mean, if you're giving up two point three home runs for nine, some of them are coming on the road. Like, that's just the reality.
Speaker 2: He's giving up twice as many runs at home, twice as many home runs, more than twice as many runs.
Speaker 3: So yeah, yeah, and you mentioned Severarinos possibly coming back. They did just transferm to the sixty man. I don't think he's back until at least August at this point, but they would potentially have him for the stretch run if they're still in a yeah, which they probably will be because it's the al Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think that this this this division, it really feels like there's it's the Mariners and then a bunch of teams that if they get all the positive regression the negative progression, right, Yeah, if Brent Rooker hits better and Lawrence Butler hits at all, Right, then this team could possibly do it right. And then you know the Rangers, it's like, well, Corey Seeger could just be one sixty ops plus Cory Seer, right, but there's a lot of players on both these teams have kind of a hitting over their head a little bit, and uh, you know, if you get if you get the regular Josh Young, then yeah, they're done.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I think the Astros have had the most like normal, like most playing to the back of the baseball card type season. I mean, obviously having Alvaro is healthy for the whole year has been a boon, but like, like.
Speaker 3: You think he's not doing the home run derby by the way, kind of a bummer for people who care about that.
Speaker 1: Penia is back and now playing every day and has gone back to just being good Jeremy Pania. So they have like the bats, especially if Christian Walker can continue to just even be above average.
Speaker 3: Paradis got off to a really slow start and he's.
Speaker 1: Act to normal and like, but and they have gotten like obviously Arraghetty yea right, like Bryce Elder got it all out and two starts. Arraghetty's doing it a little bit more slowly. And like Lambert, Like I don't like so Lambert has more or less earned this like run prevention, right, Like I just I don't believe in it, right, I just don't think it is. And like he was a good prospect nine years ago or whatever at this point, but you know, he's more of like a cutter primary guy now and he's saying, look the the it's believable. And so much as the Astros do this, right, like even and like I know they've had some front office and player development changes over the last five years, there's still like some vestigio we can pop a picture every once in a while that I believe in. And I think Lambert's improvements are an extent reel. But you know, Kaiwai Tang has been very good as the star.
Speaker 3: Like I like I was gonna bring him up. I kind of like him. I kind of like him.
Speaker 1: But again, it's like we're describing a five games under five hundred t right.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, yeah, let's put it this way. He is one of the best st strikeout to walk ratios on the team. It's two point three yeah.
Speaker 3: Look like their starter, right yeah. I think it's his sweeper that's like really above he's got one really above average pitch. I think by like stuff models. I can't remember what it is if it's a sweeper, but yeah, he's a nice little pop in my eyes shown signs like super I don't know what. I don't know what to do with that guy right now.
Speaker 1: I mean this is also a like a pitching staff that in that ballpark does not get a lot of ground balls outside of Hunter Brown who doesn't need them as much as the other guys do. Like I think, like I still, and I've said this all on I believe the Astros have a run in them, and like we're starting to see this, but and they are another team that is capable of buying at the deadline right, Like they need a bullpen badly and that's like one of the easier things to fix in July.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't think they have enough pitching.
Speaker 1: Yeah they might not, And they don't think.
Speaker 2: That the starting pitching has like they'll have a run, yeah, but that's it, Like they're not going to be able to keep.
Speaker 1: It up for and they need like one or two more bats as well, which isn't like the too many holes to plug the entire outfield is as we said coming into the season.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and that takes it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that brings us to the Angels, who are not particularly they are relevant to this discussion, insomuch as Ardie Moreno has said they're not going to trade anyone ah in this case primarily uh Joe Adelle, Soriano all players. Like the Astros could really use Joe Adele right, like Joe Adell in that park would be a big boom for them.
Speaker 2: It's we want to praise teams for not taking this is not like this.
Speaker 1: I don't I don't even think it's the you know, we don't want another team make us look foolish on Joe Adell. I think they've gotten some stuff out of Joe Adell now to the point where they can say, you know, we've recouped whatever, But like, like, what are they're going to run it back next year? I guess with these guys, Yeah.
Speaker 2: This like Colin, I don't know if this resonates with you. And I'm not a fancy guy, but this really aren't even Rna feels like a fancy guy who gave up on his team in May. But it's not like still answering his emails but just refusing to do any roster moves.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's it's it's stubbornness. I bought these guys. I believe in them.
Speaker 1: It's like I don't like I want I want fans to come out in August to the games, and like they really come out for Redemers and Joe adel Zach Nato. Yeah, I mean they're coming out because you keep tickets pretty cheap and it's like not much else to do in Orange County. I guess, like, I don't think it's really gonna matter if it's Joe Adell or Bryce Theodosio. I guess, like Nelson Rada if you want to call a prospect.
Speaker 2: Right, yeah, you know my kid, my kid's math homework. What you know, he'll take a test in the and the math teacher will be like, you can redo your test, answers to get half the score back, and I feel like Ardie Marino just refuses to just go back and read it get the three points.
Speaker 1: You also have a test. Like you combine this with like the GM and manager being on well, the GM's on the last year is deal. I think of the manager's on a one year contract. It's just kind of like like what am I supposed to like pyramid asy and who I don't have a ton of sympathy here for like he built this team, right, but I do like, like, what is he supposed to do now? Like, just like you, July Is can be pretty quiet. May'll get some golf in, take a vacation.
Speaker 3: Yeah. The only thing I mean to a certain extent, it's like, yeah, what's tearing down really gonna do? Are you gonna change theory of your system by trading Adele and Dept?
Speaker 2: Meurs?
Speaker 3: And probably? Yeah? But that's that's that's the thing is. You've got to start.
Speaker 1: You got to start something, right, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Yeah, it's like the the Twins trading every reliever last year. Uh you know, I guess they had they got some good pieces because they had John Duran. But you've just got to start somewhere to get off of having to play Jose Sirian Donovan Walton every day.
Speaker 1: You're gonna play Jose more if you make this trade too.
Speaker 2: But yeah, it's the Angels cell. They have to do something.
Speaker 3: And see everything that we're saying here, go back to last year. Replace the word Angels with Rockies and that's that's where this franchise is now.
Speaker 1: On that note, take a break and come back and do our last three topics. Welcome back to episode five fifty six of five and five. Our third topic, we go around the Horn and back to the Giants on field, this time as Raphael Devers. Yeah, made a bit of a bit of a face when asked to come out for a pinch runner in the ninth inning of a one run game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he tried to wave off. Yeah, he tried to pull the shuser.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it doesn't work quite as well when you're Rafael Devers and also Rafael Devers running.
Speaker 2: The bases Fatello afterwards, you know, Yeah, like it was all part of the master plan. Yeah, you got you gotta have players who want to win, they want to play.
Speaker 1: We're not going to any further conversation about it, Yeah, I talk I talk to him every day. I don't need to talk to him about this. Yeah, it won't. It won't come up when we talk every day.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Uh.
Speaker 1: And the Giants, it's just really it's incredible, like they just can't. I mean, on some level, the we pay more attention to this because of the Giants, but also this does happen to the Giants more than they really, yeah, significantly more than a median baseball team bat or otherwise. I don't.
Speaker 3: There was a lot of conversation before the year about, you know, the Giants hiring a college coach, how it's gonna go and there was a lot of like, well, if it goes bad, this is how it's going to go bad, and every single one of those prognostications kicking every box, yes, every single box. And I mean, you guys have talked about this quite a bit. We don't need to beat it into the ground. But it's like, where do you go from here other than just cut your losses? And does Buster Posey have too much ego to cut his losses or ownership have too much too much financial investment into this to cut their losses. It's it's very you know, we talk about the college aspect of it because he came from college, but it's very much like, uh, you know, in college, when you've got this coach who signed for another forty five million dollars and it's like, do we pay him out? But the difference is you don't have boosters saying exactly, will pay will pay for you to get We'll pay the rest of his contract for you to get rid of him and bring someone else in. Yeah, they obviously played it off like I mean, he Vitello played it off. The quote he or from Perliparatus article on mb dot com. He's signaling over to us that he's got he's good to run. We dh them the first game after the day off just because of base running, a little bit of soreness in his leg. But he's good to go. And so part of that, and then part of it, too, competitively, is he wants to stay in the game once we announced the has made So just going back with what our best effort is to win the game. Obviously you'd like to get Jonah to go get it back. You know, he's relatively quick to the plate, but on a double going with our best chance to be able to score. I don't see any quotes here from Devers. Has Devs spoken to reporters about this.
Speaker 1: No, probably not. I just on one level, right, this is a first time major league coach, and in a year where the Giants should not have expected to be particularly competitive. They may have, but like, on one level, I was like, okay, well, you want to give him another chance to learn some things, but also like no, no learning is occurring or going to occur here, Like I think we can say that pretty safely. Yeah, it's uh. And I do want to circle back to the they didn't just hire a college coach, right, Like if they hired like Wes Johnson out of Georgia who's been a former major league pitching coach right and knows or you know, Pat Murphy was a bench coach for a number of years after leaving Notre Dame, but like they hired the most like raw rah sec like coach them up, but not even just a red ass, like a particular like kind of college coach, like I don't know, aesthetic right, and they're getting it and you're seeing why it does. It's very much like John Calipari coaching the Celtics kind of energy right now, or Steve Spurrier coaching Washington right.
Speaker 2: It's nice that every generation gets to enjoy this.
Speaker 1: Urban meyer, but you don't see it in baseball, right because there's there's generally this is changing, but there's generally been a premium put on the guy who like even if he didn't you know, maybe he didn't even make the majors, but he played professionally for a long period of time, coached in the miners, et cetera, et cetera. Yeah, and now we're getting more of like the more immediate ex player, but it's still like a major leaguer with the level. You know, it's like David Ross, like a major with the level of Stephen Boat, right. Yeah, Like Vitello doesn't hit any of those.
Speaker 3: It's not like Darren Erstad when he went back to coach Nebraska, right.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, yeah, or Robin Ventura or whatever. Right, Like even the bad versions of this, like you could.
Speaker 3: Apparently Mike Kruco went on to the this is this was just posted ten minutes ago. He went on to the official radio home of the Giants. His quote was, I've seen situations in baseball that are very detrimental to a manager's credibility. Certainly, I'm looking at this saying this might be one of those times, but I don't know what's going on. I'm not in the clubhouse, so that is like.
Speaker 1: This, this is like the seventh one of these times.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no one wants to go in the clubhouse. No one wants to know.
Speaker 3: For sure, No one. That was just bad optics.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, Devers, No no stranger to bad optics.
Speaker 1: No, did you see the the Alex Chorus subtweet of Raphael Devers? Yeah no apparently, Yeah, he just underneath the news arle he just I think he responded, but comma butt like but but no, I mean Devers just has a type of manager he doesn't like, apparently.
Speaker 3: Patrick. You you said earlier this year, in last year that anytime that the Twins are brought up on the show, it's about something bad, and that was mostly on the field stuff, and now it's anytime we bring up the Giants, it's like going from the Pride Night nonsense right into this. It's like, anytime the Giants come up, we're not talking about the team on the field, We're talking about some other bullshit that they did.
Speaker 2: Yeah, imagine talking about the Giants on the field. Yes, it's unimationable.
Speaker 1: Uh Buster pose, he's still trying to train. Made all the expensive contracts he gave out.
Speaker 3: Chapman trade. Chapman maybe is the one who seems like he's.
Speaker 1: Like they might be able to Speaking of trade, Joey Bart has been traded from the Pirates to Atlanta. Obviously, the Atlanta's had issues keeping two catchers on the field at any time the season, and Bart like he's fine, Like he's in he's at this part of his career where he's gonna bounce around and pop a good backup catcher season every once in a while, and maybe he does the rest of your way for Atlanta.
Speaker 3: They like Andy Rodriguez enough, I guess him, and.
Speaker 1: I guess he's okay. Like it's not a good defensive catcher that's been But again, the Pirates, they didn't. I mean, at some point, I guess we'll need to talk about the Pirates again.
Speaker 3: But I do like us going we go from Buster Posey to the guy who succeeded Buster Posey as Giants catcher getting traded not even in San Francisco anymore. It's better than Sandy Leone, right, Yeah it is.
Speaker 2: And Bart's weird, Like there are pieces of a good catcher in there, right. There are years he is good defensively, there are years he takes walks. Neither of those seem to be happening this year so far. But he's also just been too hurt for you to figure it out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he gets hurt a lot. That's also.
Speaker 2: I just think it's very funny that that if they had just waited one day to catch on the hind. Yeah, who now is hitting? He has slugging five thirty seven with the athletics, seventy three plate appearances.
Speaker 1: I mean, he can't really argue with Drake Baldwin Sean Murphy catching tandem and except neither of them the field.
Speaker 2: Yeah, health, health can certainly argue with it.
Speaker 1: Speaking of health, everyone is hurt. Yeah, Mike's soroka.
Speaker 2: Is it worse than usual?
Speaker 1: It feels like it's the last couple of weeks there's been. I mean, maybe we're just covering more injuries. I don't know, but these are like fairly notable ones. Mike's Roca left to start with, the trainer Liam Hicks has hit the il. We already talked about Jack Lader, Justin Verlander joining Max Scherzer in the forty year old probably shouldn't still be pitching club yep uh. And Adie Rushman is on the concussion I out, which is the other thing that can happen to catchers? Is there anything we want to talk about here?
Speaker 2: Like trout apparently? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Left try it separately because.
Speaker 3: Okay, sorry, Verlander have some quote about basically saying something about maybe he shouldn't have come back or something. Yeah, like that, I was thinking.
Speaker 2: About maybe the wheels are falling off.
Speaker 3: Yes, this is the drink quote. I was thinking yesterday about the end of Ken Griffy Junior's career and the sleep Gate go where he which essentially I mean that beat whatever that was, but like he basically just realized in the middle of the season, like I should retire before the season. And I wonder if that's what ends up happening with Verlander, where he just says like actually done.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm surprised that doesn't happen more often.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think sometimes it happens with like bit players and doesn't make headlines.
Speaker 1: But I remember mostly from when I was a kid, was Ryan Sandberg. Then he come back and then like in April just said now I'm done.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Mike Schmidt retired halfway through and like he had that last year and he and I just realized he didn't have anymore. And Mike Schmidt not having it, like he was like yes, plush, like he wasn't even that terrible, but like oh great, sorry, you know, sorry, you're terrible. Let's start Rick.
Speaker 3: Shu now, well, the irony of the Verlander injury is it honestly is better for the Tigers because uh, friend of the podcast podcast favorite kider, Montero takes his ros his rotation pretty good. He was good, He was good Sunday, although he gave up the most embarrassing result you could give up, which was a home run to Luis on Hell Acuna.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, somebody had to do it eventually.
Speaker 3: It was like, the the funniest part of it is that Acun you tried to bunt on the first two pitches and fail, And then I haven't seen Montero through the most cement mixery breaking ball I've ever seen, Like it hung up there, like it was the pitch you throw if you're trying to let your battery. The battery hit a home run and Acuna took it out. But but yes, other than that, Montero has been been very good for the time. Like I'd rather have Montero in my rotation than Berlander right now.
Speaker 2: Yep. I think the only other one I think is notable is Adly and it's more just and this is probably an article I need to write, But I was looking at the Io Ledger, the vp IO Ledger a useful tool for everyone. Uh. The or if you go you can look at the team totals and it's defaulted by games missed and the and the Orioles have missed the third most games of any team. They're right, They're right, Well, there might be fourth. They're like very close to the Blue Jays. Blue Jays have missed seventeen or twenty three. Uh No, the Oriols of mist hair and seven, so they're a little hit. But if you switch it to you can switch it to warp mist and you can switch it to percentage of warp mist, like based on how much they were projected to have how much they lost. The Orioles have led that going away three straight years. Uh they're not that old a team.
Speaker 3: No, that's uh, I mean that's one of the things. And then the training at all, what's what's going on with that that training room?
Speaker 2: And also like usually the percentage of warp miss usually means you have a team with one you have Bobby Witt and Bobby Witt got hurt, right, you have a team you have Mike Trout and Mike Trout got hurt. Yes, the Orioles don't really They weren't supposed to have just one guy that was kind of the whole point, right, and yet they've managed to like lose multiple of their main guys every year. Yeah, you do, you start to wonder what is going on.
Speaker 3: I would you said, the only one other one that's really notable, Adelie, I would argue, I mean, I guess it really depends on how much you believe in their chances of hanging around. But Liam Hicks seems like a pretty big loss for Marlin's offense.
Speaker 1: That yeah, uh, mostly Liam Hicks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's true.
Speaker 3: I mean, Xavier Edwards has been cooled off and also been banged up. And the thing that I found most notable about it, though, is that they did not call back up Augustine Ramirez with Hicks going down. They called up a thirty one year old named Brian Navaretto, who played in two games in twenty twenty and now is back in the majors as backing up Joe Mack over Augustine Ramirez. I've not looked at how he's done in the minors since he got sent down.
Speaker 1: But I see it's one of those situations where they just want a backup catcher for this Yeah.
Speaker 3: They want someone who they don't have, they don't feel obligated to play every day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, is Rob Brandley retired? Rob Brandtley must be retired? Like that? He's the Brob Brandtley call up right there? Two games every year? Three games? He is not he's not an affiliated baseball right now? What's that?
Speaker 3: And they miss they missed out on the Tyler Heinemana Yes, he's in Anaheim now I think right, it makes sense because anytime you say, where is this guy at Anaheim?
Speaker 1: Yeah, injury returns. Uh, Connor Griffin might be back soon, but O'Neil Cruz will not. I don't know. Like the Pirates, I guess we can talk about the pirates here, quick to tell you about the pirates. At some point, they've talked about being buyers the deadline, saying they might put their comp pick is available, like I mean they should, Yeah, they should be buyers. That there's I said that vision is not winnable for them, but like the and a wild card is still pretty wide open, and they have the pitching they just desperately need. I think they said they need want a left handed hitting outfielder, which seems very specific. Just get someone that can hit and figure out where they're going to play.
Speaker 2: You have spots, is Mitch Keller there? Luis Castillo at this point? Yeah, yeah, I don't know. The the Brian Yolds has been incredible. Yeah, he's played every day. He is back to being something Brian Roolds. Uh. There. This is another thing. This falls into the Rangers athletics, like if they regress correctly.
Speaker 1: Right, yeah, I mean they already have right, Like they're getting the good Ryan Reynolds season. They're getting a good Spencer Horwitz season. Like Ryan O'Hearn has been fine when healthy. They're playing in the outfield, which is not idea, which probab why they want to up standard hitting outfielder so I could stop playing Ryan O'Hearn there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they really need and they have a DH spot right because yeah, it's time to give up on it sooner.
Speaker 3: Yes, right, but I need to retire mid season.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: They're also not going to fill all four of the spots we've just mentioned, right.
Speaker 2: Jake Mangham is like, Jake Mangham is fine, it's ben He's Jake Freeley, Like you can you'll live with him if they get If Connor Griffon comes back in is just has the same rookie season literally of the every other rookie in baseball is having this year, and.
Speaker 1: He was trending in that direction before the injury actually got off to a back.
Speaker 2: If you don't need to start Jared Trillo anymore.
Speaker 1: I mean they're gonna do it just on principle, if.
Speaker 2: They stopped starting Henry Davis and.
Speaker 1: Just seventeen am they're going back for more Triolo.
Speaker 2: God. Yeah, it feels like there is a way for this team to This team needs just like death to save them from playing their death pieces.
Speaker 1: Yes, this is very much like we did this a lot with the Terry Collins Matts and we're doing it again with the College. But like they need to take the toys away. Basically. Yeah, this does seem like, even though it's a new ash manager, Henry.
Speaker 2: Did like all right, career ops plus Henry Davis fifty six fifty over other on fifty six, d r C plus the ops plus ops plus for Henry Davis over under fifty six.
Speaker 3: I'll say over, I'll be optimistic.
Speaker 2: Okay, you shouldn't have been. It's fifty one, Like it's been four seasons man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I get that like it's he's a former number one overall pick of this administration. He's going to get a longer leash than by.
Speaker 2: The way, fifty one. He has a seventy seven his rookie year. Yeah, and it's been.
Speaker 3: Three since they tried and failed with Justins and Garcia. Already this year he's back in the minors.
Speaker 1: I believe how's neck York doing since they don't have their player page open.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: He's not in the major He's no, he's only he had a concussion. He has not been anyone.
Speaker 1: Okay, Yeah, I mean they're just we're probably going to finish fourth in that division.
Speaker 3: They'll be in the wild card race until they will probably till Yeah, despite I.
Speaker 2: Don't know if I I don't like the bar trade, I just don't know. I don't know what they're getting, Like I don't know they're getting a middle reliever I will ever think about again. And they're trading a catcher who's better than Henry Davis.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but they also this is the same thing with like they don't want someone that's gonna play every day or yeah, play more than they're gonna play Henry Davis behind.
Speaker 2: Andy Joey Bart has never played every day.
Speaker 1: He's like, I can't stay healthy games, right, Like I think it.
Speaker 2: I think you could get away with telling Joey Bart, hey, maybe just just just to keep you healthy. It's not it's not you, but you know, maybe just two three games a week to be all right. I don't know. I just it's it's it is a it's literally a Joey Bart trade, but I don't think it's a very good trade.
Speaker 1: Jane Bieber, we back Monday for the Jays.
Speaker 3: Today now Tuesdays. They did because the rain people, Yeah, for the because of the rainout yesterday. Cease to starting tonight and then BIB tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Okay, like we'll see there. Yeah, a playoff race at this point. I assume they're like a game and a half out or whatever.
Speaker 2: Patrick Corbyn, watch he is a four seven three year You are right, I'm sure like one. I'm not gonna bother to look at it.
Speaker 1: Also regressed faster than Spencer Origetti. Yeah, not as fast as price Elvery we talked about Kyle Teel coming back. Edgar Carrow sent down the Marlins despite being down their best hitter, have moved yet another hitter from their roster or their roster Christopher Morrel? Is this it for Christopher Morel?
Speaker 2: How is it already not it?
Speaker 1: Christ What KBO team is Christopher Morell on next year? Patrick?
Speaker 2: I I don't think he is. I think I don't think he's enough to play in the KBO.
Speaker 3: He turns twenty seven in two days. Uh, it's been the ultimate will fix this guy? Yes guy for about five years now. His debut season with the Cubs is still as someone who lives in Chicago, it was. It was moral mania for a couple of weeks.
Speaker 1: They called him straight from double A, didn't they too?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Correctly.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he put up a Baseball Reference War one and a half or two and a half Baseball Reference War in his first two seasons.
Speaker 2: Yea.
Speaker 3: His career Reference War now is one point one.
Speaker 1: So he's done the Gordon Beckham basically, Yes.
Speaker 2: Sure, although he didn't he didn't last as long as go.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 1: Utility and field air value.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Beckham had some defensive utility at least down the street. He could he could stand at second. He could do well defensively a second baseball having a six d psyeh.
Speaker 1: And uh, the rich keep getting richer in terms of the lineup in Sacramento. As the A's have added joys, I'm actually another.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm upset that you put the team in the dock because I would have liked to guess what.
Speaker 2: I had felt like I had to Yeah, yeah, he hit well in trile I. I mean he was PC but he hit well even by PCL standards. I think it was like a one to twenty ops plus And sure, why not? Why not?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Why not? It's good, A good way to put it. It takes us to what to watch and Patrick you have picked.
Speaker 2: I no longer have to explain this because we've talked at length on both these clubs. But like Athletics, Giants just feels like there's gonna be a lot of energy. Yeah for good, for ill, mostly for ILL.
Speaker 1: In San Francisco or Sacramento.
Speaker 2: It is in San Francisco better, it would be weirder and dumber. Yeah, if it were in Sacramento. But I you know, like, if you do not care about the results of the baseball game, this one will be like has the most chance of entertaining you. I'm not even gonna look up the pictures, don'tkay.
Speaker 1: And it doesn't matter for these two teams. It really doesn't matter Colin Colin. I thought Colin was gonna pick the White Sox. I left the White Sox for Colin. But well, they're playing the Guardians and these it's like a divisional showdown of sorts.
Speaker 3: You're You're right, it is. I didn't. I didn't want to carry on the Craig tradition. And honestly, when I when I was looking before either of you had, I didn't want to be first to the doc because I'm the guest. But I looked at the dock and then I looked at the matchups and I said, this is the most interesting matter to me. I just maybe I'm just too much of a Tiger's believer. Still, Tigers Yankees, Uh, you get Garrett Cole against Ron ber Veldez tonight. Uh, even if Ronbervelda isn't good, you at least have the opportunity to see a bench clearing brawl potentially with Ronbervelda's on the mound.
Speaker 1: Uh, Blumber Valdez hitting Jazz Chisham. And just like the.
Speaker 3: Tuesday, you get Carlos Shordan against Casey Mize. Wednesday, Ryan Weathers and Trek Schouble. So you get treksobl matchups too. Yeah. I mean the Tigers are playing decently well right now and this will be a big test. And the funny thing is is that I won't spoil it, but I almost my runner up was the game that we put for the matchup that we put for siccos.
Speaker 1: Well, I'll start with my actual pick, and I picked I'm backed Cardinals. This is the Cardinals fascinate me. Uh They're kind of have the same a similar thing to the Tigers, where I keep feeling like they're playing well. They keep every time I look their six games over five hundred because the bullpen is not good. They lost two or three to the Twins recently because it shouldn't be good. They have not built this team to have a good.
Speaker 2: Bullpen, right, but it's not designed, No, it is not.
Speaker 3: But I am like.
Speaker 1: Fascinated by like how like Andre Polante give like Dustin may face like the twenty sixth best lineup in baseball and got knocked around after facing the thirtieth and the twenty ninth and pitching well. So he did not pitch well against the Royals. All the ball was flying there the Cards er winning twelve ten. He won't pitch in the series, but you will get like the Cardinals just kind of keep The Cardinals are like they feel like a college basketball team that's just like trying to run out the clock. Like they're just like they're up seven and they're just like.
Speaker 2: It's a it's a rotation full of NPCs.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think, not not very entice. I mean, people are gonna listen to this after but tonight Meryl Kelly against Andre Polante, Yeah that's it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, dra is just cringing at the idea of that.
Speaker 1: It will be the like the least pleasant five to five to four game you've ever seen in your life. Like it won't even be a slug fest. It will just be a like first and third with one out every inning and sometimes they only get one run in.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it's an revenge game.
Speaker 3: Yes he is. But we haven't talked about the Diamondbacks yet on this episode, So I did want to mention just because of his start the other day. But like, I don't think anyone expected Zach Gallon to rebound, but I don't think anyone even expected him to be as bad as he's been.
Speaker 1: I mean I kind of did, honestly, was not good.
Speaker 3: I know I expected more like okay last year, maybe a little worse, not like worst pitcher in baseball like level Yeah.
Speaker 1: Like obviously is hurt. He's one of their better starters. Ryan Nelson's hurt.
Speaker 2: Like I.
Speaker 1: Think they're so in a playoff spot somehow.
Speaker 3: So Yeah, better than I think anyone expected.
Speaker 2: Definitely, when we were doing the free agent fifty, Craig and Ginny and I we were just like, we can push Collon down further, right, we can keep he kept, like I remember looking at where everyone else had him, and we're just like this guy, Yeah, keep coming back.
Speaker 3: Diamondbacks one game over five hundred.
Speaker 1: One game back in the wild Who is the third Wildcard? Padres Up?
Speaker 3: Cubs are the third one Cup.
Speaker 1: Sorry, changed, but they'll probably change by the time you hear this.
Speaker 2: The team with the fifth best run differential in baseball, the Chicago Cups.
Speaker 3: The Cubs are in the third Wild Cards, bought one half game beat up on the Padres, Marlins and Nationals.
Speaker 1: If you care about such things as will we all know the time by the time you hear it. Leonol Messi has just broken the World Cup goalscoring record by running onto a squared ball at the edge of the eighteen yard box and hitting it with his left foot. That girl, I've seen him score probably one hundred times.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 3: I wanted to talk about the World Cup in the banter, just because I know how much Patrick loves it, and I told him.
Speaker 2: Maybe he did. I've already blocked it out.
Speaker 1: Maybe maybe, and say we will move on to our game, which I'm sure Patrick will enjoy it.
Speaker 3: Wait, we didn't talk, sickos. We didn't talk.
Speaker 1: I knows you're right. We had to really taken the tradition of skipping straight to the game with forgetting sicks. As crag Off of was, if Cubs and Mets, I will pick my team, but not for something I actually want to watch. The Cubs are in a wildcard spot. The Mets are not. They're not. They just played two awful games against the Phillies after winning the Thursday game, and they're weird Friday off day series because of the Brazil Haiti World Cup game, I think in Philadelphia. So you're getting some better pictures. You're getting Nolan McLain, that's about it. You're getting like Javier Asad because that's s's in the Cubs rotation right now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Wednesday, Assad and Manaya.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I just love aesthetically. I love when these teams play. I think that the unit, it's a good uniform matchup. It would be better for from for the aesthetics. Is that Wrigley. Uh, just the backdrop of that game, the game that will be played before people listen is showed against, which is one in a messed up way. Yeah, and then Edward Cabrera and McLean and you know for all of the issues the stress that they caused, Jeffrey, you know, when when I watch the Mets, I still get to watch one Soto in that.
Speaker 1: They don't cause me that much stress. Frankly, Yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Feel like when the Mets and Cups play, they should bring back the retro TV screen like they did for the White Sox. That would every game should have eighties TV graphics.
Speaker 1: Yes, fran he is still alive. Get get fran Healey back in the booth.
Speaker 3: Well, I was gonna say, be careful what you wish for, because someone will create an AI Harry carry Yeah, something like that.
Speaker 1: And that takes us to our game. We're doing another round of I Am d MLB because we have.
Speaker 2: Just want to as this game starts, I just want to note set expectations for our listeners. I am the world's biggest underdog at this timent.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't want to like.
Speaker 1: Like I did specifically go to the I m dB two fifty to pick a few of these to try to give you a better shot. Right, So, a movie you have watched at some point in the there's nothing. Okay, there's one movie here that's probably well. Two, there's the two that's probably a little now, Three, three, probably three that I was say, legitimately tricky maybe, but the rest of them I tried to be.
Speaker 2: It's not about the tricky. It's about whether I've ever heard of the film before.
Speaker 3: Okay, well, I'm a fan. I'm not a fan of the pressure. Hopefully I can live up to mind.
Speaker 2: Well that's why I did it. Yeah, my movie, that's the only pleasure I can take out of this is just like putting you on edge before you just destroy me.
Speaker 1: An expos and Rockies, hitter who finished at three hundred and ninety nine home runs, and a very long dinner with Wallace Sean.
Speaker 3: Okay, yep, yep with who I had No my dinner with uh.
Speaker 2: Galga all right.
Speaker 1: Dinner with Andres Galarraga.
Speaker 3: Y who's another hundre?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 3: Well, nothing for the under right?
Speaker 1: There a White Sox Slugger from the two thousands and Jim Jarmush tries his hand at a zombie film. Jim j.
Speaker 2: What is that?
Speaker 4: Jim Jarmush?
Speaker 3: I can I can like see the DVD cover and I can't think of what the name of it is. And White Sox Slugger from the two thousands is so incredibly vague.
Speaker 2: There's I hate zombiole, by the way, let.
Speaker 1: Me know this zombie film.
Speaker 3: But ah, Jim jarm I, I can't.
Speaker 2: Get there good because I tapped out, like the minute.
Speaker 1: It's the dead, don't German die?
Speaker 2: Ah.
Speaker 3: I was trying to go the other direction, and I was like, it's going to be the name, last name into the title.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well they very I try to mix it up a little bit. A two time All Star Closer for the Reds and a Hiomia Zaki film you should definitely watch, but maybe only once.
Speaker 2: Uh what's his name? Danny Graves of the Fireflies.
Speaker 1: Yes, Danny of the Fireflies too, refreshers on Colin.
Speaker 2: Now, I was gonna say kids, but only I watched it.
Speaker 3: Not really a kid's movie.
Speaker 1: It's an animated it's an animated film. Yes, A sinkerballer for the two thousand and four Red Sox World Series winner, and a Kerrosawa film based on a Maximum Gorky play.
Speaker 2: Uh, Derek ky Low.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's Ryan Derek.
Speaker 1: But close enough. You got like you got to It's close enough for me.
Speaker 3: I can get there. You're just getting there a lot faster, Patrick, You're I feel like I've been set up here in something.
Speaker 1: A soft tossing lefty who pitched sixteen years in the majors and won one hundred and thirty three games. And yet another DiCaprio SCORSESI film.
Speaker 3: Randy Wolf of Wall Street.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I was just about to get there on that one.
Speaker 3: I was thinking I was like Jamie Moyer, but I was like, no, that jam Moore pitched way longer.
Speaker 1: Than that, A player who spent twenty years in the bigs, but you probably don't remember anything he did after the Rangers. And a John Houston film featuring Humphrey Bogart Looking for Gold.
Speaker 2: Okay, I know this, I think I know the movie, but like, I can't come up with the player that matches. It same, The Treasure of Ruben Sierra Madre.
Speaker 1: Yes, all right, there's four left, you need them all.
Speaker 3: Ruven Sierra played twenty years, twenty years?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I did he remember anything he did after the Rangers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like he became one of those Yankees guys that like they brought on for no good reason who couldn't hit or field. And then just like once the Yankees sad like seven other teams also gave him that scene. Yeah.
Speaker 1: The nineteen eighty six World Series MVP and the Clark Gable Claudette Colbert film that more or less invented the screwball comedy genre.
Speaker 2: It happened one Ray Night.
Speaker 3: Yes, I would not have goten Ray Night. Eighty six World Series MVP was was lost on me. I'm sorry, Colin you that's all right, Patrick, Just like.
Speaker 1: Some reason, The Defensive Wiz in center Field mostly for the Blue Jays, and the first Michael Hannak film to win the Palm dor.
Speaker 4: Okay, which film Defensive Wits for the Blue Jays?
Speaker 3: Is it Devon White Ribbon?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: Job, I figure's Devon whiteams Like, oh that's a ball player with too many names. That movie's not coming all right, this is.
Speaker 1: This is the one that I would think is patently unfair.
Speaker 3: You've gotten is patently unfair? You said, yeah, all right.
Speaker 1: I think Oballer, who had back to back nineteen win seasons for the Yankees, and at least when while Salvador Dolly short film that famously opens the man slicing open a women's eye.
Speaker 2: M Oh boy, I'm gonna enjoy the silence here for a second.
Speaker 3: Well, is this something you watched recently? I don't know this movie.
Speaker 2: It gives give the listeners home some time to blow it over before you say the answer that neither of us will get.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Oh, un Chen men Wang Andolou, what's the movie? Un Chen Andolou?
Speaker 3: No, I've never seen it.
Speaker 2: It's never heard of it.
Speaker 3: I think it's.
Speaker 1: Binwell's first film. It's a silent film from nineteen twenty. It's like if you've gone to film school, you've probably seen it seventeen times because very makes sense, famous for film theory stuff. And our last one will wrap it up with an outfielder for the moneyball is and a Sydney LeMay adaptation of a famous Eugene O'Neil play.
Speaker 2: I is it?
Speaker 3: I might I might be helping here. I know you guys did this. The other is is it tear It's long Terrence long uh kiss good night or something like that.
Speaker 2: Long.
Speaker 3: I don't know. The movie is one of the things I should know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't. I don't know if I know.
Speaker 1: The movie is Terrence long Day's Journey in Tonight, Long Day's Journey in to Night.
Speaker 3: I've never seen that movie neither.
Speaker 1: It's a good play.
Speaker 3: It's pretty.
Speaker 1: It's got Katherine Hepbird and James Robard and Dean Stockwell for some reason, very young Dean Ston.
Speaker 3: I love this game. I love when you guys play it when I'm listening, because the last episode I was like screaming the answer and.
Speaker 1: In the hot seat.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's different when you're in the hot seat. It's like you're watching Jeopardy. You're watching Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, and you can answer them at your TV. I can answer them at my my podcast. But then I'm here on the recording and I freeze up.
Speaker 1: Good John Patrick, but regardless, thanks for joining us, Colin, Thanks for joining us for another episode of five and Dive, brought to you by the Baseball PERFECTUS Podcast Network. You can touch with the show at five and dive at Baseball Perspectives dot com or wherever you get your podcasts. Just search for the Baseball Protectis podcast network will.
Speaker 2: Be in that feed.
Speaker 1: We'd appreciate it, and I'll do the Craig asking for a five star review as much as it personally pains me to do so. But thanks again for joining us and you're waiting for the pod to be over. Your time is now away from the far stay back the old
Speaker 2: H