Speaker 1: Jim has trouble with his new car, and his German friend Erica offers him the use of her bicycle.
Speaker 2: Farrad bicycle farrad Hernspretzu.
Speaker 3: Hello, Jim's kipps hello, Erika man auto.
Speaker 4: Then audun about an.
Speaker 3: Auto, Yeah, auto muster faran t shabakan.
Speaker 4: Auto da faran uda to Kanzman.
Speaker 3: Then that's vetta is to Sushun.
Speaker 1: In this conversation, you heard two new words, Noi, which means new, and farrat, which means bicycle. Hen ain matsu Hello.
Speaker 5: Jim Kipps Hello, Rika man auto.
Speaker 6: Then Audu about an aud yea auto musterstad farhan matu shabakato. Also faran da to can sman better than that weather is heard off, So Shun.
Speaker 1: You're asking a passer by for directions. FRAGSI, where is main street? Please?
Speaker 5: Who is the bitter.
Speaker 1: Tras Bizagzi? I find.
Speaker 5: I find.
Speaker 1: FRAGSI? Where can I find main street?
Speaker 5: Who can taza Finton? Who can tas Finton.
Speaker 1: Main street? Number thirty.
Speaker 5: Matresis matrisis.
Speaker 1: If rauntwatt main Street is far away from here, t hoars is.
Speaker 4: Tried vacfon here tars is tried vacphon here.
Speaker 1: Take this street name in the Deese trase, and always drive straight ahead.
Speaker 4: On far immergarada os on farz immagarada os.
Speaker 1: Frangxi always straight ahead.
Speaker 5: Imagarada owes.
Speaker 1: Yes, main street is more than two kilometers away.
Speaker 6: Yeah, de hopped trausist mere spyk de hopped trausist mia spyka veg.
Speaker 5: Thankasia.
Speaker 1: Now suppose you're speaking with a friend vis a zi, I'm going use gahan.
Speaker 5: Ishkir v c.
Speaker 1: Are you going now you'll use the informal doo form throughout this.
Speaker 4: Unit case to yet gase do yest.
Speaker 1: Are you going right away?
Speaker 4: The fort the fort case to the thought.
Speaker 1: And yes right away.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So what I'd like to go right away.
Speaker 5: Is mecht gin.
Speaker 1: But my car doesn't work.
Speaker 5: I'm an o to get nished, abaman auto get nished.
Speaker 1: But your car is not yet old. Add dah for emphasis.
Speaker 4: About an audo at about an audo.
Speaker 1: Those actman bicycle. We don't want the.
Speaker 4: Art art far far.
Speaker 1: Vis actman to drive or to ride. Farren say bicycle. Farad rat means wheel in German. Now say again bicycle.
Speaker 7: Farad das farad does ratdas farad.
Speaker 2: Mesachtmann by cardiam auto Zanzi by bicycle.
Speaker 4: Medim farad mediem farad.
Speaker 1: Using farn ask are you going continue to use the familiar d form in this unit.
Speaker 4: Firs two fiers two.
Speaker 1: Are you going by bicycle?
Speaker 4: Fairs de madem farrad fairs do madim farrad.
Speaker 1: Antvalon see. I wouldn't like to go by bicycle.
Speaker 3: Schmerstnischmide schmerstarn.
Speaker 8: Exact man slow langsam, then the slower lang sama.
Speaker 1: A bicycle, and farad.
Speaker 5: And far out.
Speaker 1: A bicycle is much slower than a car.
Speaker 3: And fagat is three langsama as an auto and fagat is three langsama as an auto.
Speaker 5: The act.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah, but you have no car.
Speaker 4: Abadu haast kan auto do has can auto.
Speaker 1: Right frichtich.
Speaker 5: Exact man.
Speaker 1: You may or you are allowed to.
Speaker 4: Do dust to dust.
Speaker 5: The act.
Speaker 1: You may take my bicycle.
Speaker 4: To dust manfarrad nemen do dust man farrad Nemen.
Speaker 1: And fhaltn see your bicycle. No no, remember to use the familiar form of your.
Speaker 5: And far out nine nine.
Speaker 1: Not your bicycle.
Speaker 5: East and farad.
Speaker 1: We fracked the How would you like to go to.
Speaker 6: Town be must astonished that farn be must astonished that farn.
Speaker 1: Those are the I thought with a hole in the ish dahte.
Speaker 5: Two dah doctor istaktor.
Speaker 1: Try to say, you thought.
Speaker 4: To dartist, to dartist.
Speaker 1: With that man, I could.
Speaker 5: Is count.
Speaker 1: Well, I thought, I is doctor, I doctor. I could take a car?
Speaker 5: Is conda an autonymon? Is conda an autonymon?
Speaker 1: The car.
Speaker 5: That's auto?
Speaker 1: The fact which car.
Speaker 4: Beg's auto, Begy's auto.
Speaker 1: Zangzi. I thought.
Speaker 5: Istata istata.
Speaker 1: This car.
Speaker 5: Perhaps this is auto light, This is auto light.
Speaker 4: The act Ah my car, ah mine auto.
Speaker 1: But my car doesn't work.
Speaker 4: Aba mine audu getnicht aba mine audu getnist.
Speaker 1: It really doesn't work.
Speaker 4: Escape wookish escape worklish.
Speaker 1: The fact. But you have to go to town now use.
Speaker 6: Feign Abadu musiats in the stud faran Abadu musyats in the stud.
Speaker 1: Farn I on the yes, why yeah room, this act. We could.
Speaker 4: Clinton you conton.
Speaker 1: We could play tennis with the play.
Speaker 6: Spieleen len Spi Spipieleen tennis, Spieleen.
Speaker 1: The exact man tennis of Deutsch.
Speaker 4: Tennis. That's tennis.
Speaker 1: The act. We could play tennis.
Speaker 4: Your contin tennis bien, your contin tennis bien.
Speaker 1: Rag and see this morning.
Speaker 5: Morgan o the morgen.
Speaker 1: Yes, why not.
Speaker 4: Yeah var rom nicht.
Speaker 1: Misactman, you play.
Speaker 4: Thuchpiert douchepiert, I.
Speaker 1: Play schpiele the fact do you play tennis.
Speaker 4: Speeds to tennis, spirits to tennis.
Speaker 1: And the yes, but today I can't be careful of the word order.
Speaker 3: Yeah, abohoorda kanishnisht abohord kannishnist.
Speaker 1: We fraged they and tomorrow morning ask tomorrow.
Speaker 4: Early undmang free und moan freur.
Speaker 1: And the also not.
Speaker 5: Anis fragenze.
Speaker 1: When can you play tennis.
Speaker 6: Van cancer tennis bien van conser tennis bien.
Speaker 1: Tomorrow evening.
Speaker 4: Morgen armed?
Speaker 1: Can you play tennis tomorrow evening?
Speaker 6: Canste morgen armed? Tennis bien? Canste morgen armed tennis bien?
Speaker 1: And what the I believe?
Speaker 5: So is Klaubashorn is Klaubashorn.
Speaker 1: Great the prima prima visact man great.
Speaker 4: Prima.
Speaker 1: How do you say early through through visacze but not too early.
Speaker 4: Abanishufu nish.
Speaker 2: Visact man, I say or I am saying, is saga visact man you say.
Speaker 5: Who's ost who zoxed?
Speaker 1: Frogzi, what are you saying?
Speaker 5: Bassos do? Bassos do?
Speaker 1: I'm saying not too early.
Speaker 4: A saga needs to through.
Speaker 1: Yes, what you were saying?
Speaker 5: Yeah's too zoxed? Bus who zoxed?
Speaker 1: That is a good idea with a run, does it stand goot ed ed d ed.
Speaker 5: And aguti ed.
Speaker 1: We could play tennis tomorrow evening tennis spieen goes at the end.
Speaker 3: Your Clintin Wong armed tennis shpien, your Cuintain Wong arm tennis shpien.
Speaker 1: That's a good idea.
Speaker 5: That's just an a d.
Speaker 1: A great idea. Prima does not change, and a prima ed.
Speaker 5: And a prima ed.
Speaker 1: Lis that man alone, Alina, these act we are not playing tennis alone. Tennis goes at the end.
Speaker 4: Us tennis, hush tennis.
Speaker 1: An acquaintance of mine is coming. Those act man female acquaintance.
Speaker 6: Theanta canter b becanta in a bacanto, an acquaintance of mine.
Speaker 4: In abcantophon Mia in a bacantophon Mia.
Speaker 1: And acquaintance of mine is coming.
Speaker 4: And a becanda for me a comte, and a becanda for me a comte.
Speaker 1: She's coming with her husband.
Speaker 4: The comment Ira Man the comment Ira.
Speaker 1: Man, we could play together.
Speaker 4: Be a contain, susanmonch Bion, Be a countain susanmonch Bion.
Speaker 1: Say that's great, Dom And I suppose you want to ask your friend Erica to play tennis with you. Start the conversation with say Erica.
Speaker 5: Sag erka, Yeah, Jim.
Speaker 1: Ask her if she can play tennis.
Speaker 5: Conster tennis spun conster tennis spun.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Abanisia, they are good.
Speaker 1: Ask her if she wants to play tennis with you.
Speaker 5: Mush, just do meet me tennis spoon, Mush, just do meet me tennis spoon.
Speaker 4: Yah Ghana.
Speaker 1: Ask her if she has time tomorrow morning.
Speaker 5: As to mong frut side, as to mong frut side.
Speaker 4: Morgan Freux.
Speaker 1: Ask how about nine o'clock.
Speaker 5: Vesnin or.
Speaker 6: No we geitnicht and a bacanda from mere comsu bazour.
Speaker 1: Ask if she would like to play earlier.
Speaker 5: Meches defrusbien.
Speaker 4: Yeah, vii uh.
Speaker 1: Tell her that seven o'clock will do.
Speaker 5: Wor git.
Speaker 4: Prima biss Morrefreux.
Speaker 1: Respond until tomorrow at seven.
Speaker 5: This morngm's eben.
Speaker 1: This is the end of un At twenty two