Speaker 1: God channeling his dinner clerk get them Dives makes the cat backhand sign.
Speaker 2: Dustin off that gold.
Speaker 3: Globe said, you want my spot, come and get it.
Speaker 4: Wanta take your shot.
Speaker 5: We're waiting for you.
Speaker 1: Think you're looking real hot, Come and get it.
Speaker 2: We're here.
Speaker 5: The road comes through La.
Speaker 4: Come get it. If you won't it, I got it.
Speaker 1: Do you think you can beat this team in a series?
Speaker 5: It best overall?
Speaker 1: Miss Dan Klass Padres.
Speaker 5: Fans can line up to kiss our.
Speaker 4: Ring. You gotta do what I do if you won't my spot.
Speaker 6: Welcome to Dodgers on tack. Now your host walking you up to first pitch.
Speaker 1: Tim kas Hi, everybody and look hme in to Morongo Casino Dodgers on deck. You're a world champion. Los Angeles Dodgers continue their long nine game homestand sitting at twenty nine and nineteen on the season, and for the first time this year, the Dodgers find themselves riding a four game losing streak. However, tonight a chance to end that with Yoshinobu Yamamoto on the mount first pitch from Dodger Stadium, Dodgers in Diamondbacks coming up at seven to ten, PM between then and now. We got a lot to get to here on Moro on Goo Casino, Dodgers on Deck. You're gonna hear from the manager himself, Dave Roberts, David Vat say, our Dodger insider will join us throughout the show. He'll go one on one with Freddie Freeman. Coming up in less than forty five minutes. We got your pitching match up. We got your Dodgers magical moment. Kirsten Watson, you see her on sports and at LS. She'll join us, coming up shortly, in just a few minutes. We'll send it out to the Gallpin Motors Broadcast Mooth with Tim Neverett and Rick Monday on the call tonight. Well, last night, another rough start, another big hole to dig out of. For the fourth straight game, the Dodgers pitchers gave up multiple runs in the top half of the first. He just can't do that, meaning the Dodgers were playing from behind from the get go. Jack Dryer was the opener. The left hander gave up two runs of the first, then came back out in the second gave up one more than The Dodgers were down three to nothing after two innings in the third, Landon Knack took over and with more of the same lord Is Gariel Junior and then Gabriel Moreno, each with two run home runs, and the Diamondbacks were up seven to nothing after three innings.
Speaker 6: Yikes.
Speaker 1: Meanwhile, the Dodgers' offense struggled against Brandon Fought. He went six innings, did not strike on anybody was pitching the contact he got out. He scattered three hits over six innings. Those three hits happened to be three home runs. The first came in the fourth from rookie.
Speaker 7: This is a guy who wants and likes to pull the ball, and he hasn't been doing that well.
Speaker 4: Lead two two.
Speaker 8: This ball pulled in the air, deep to left field, toward the bullpen, head into the bullpen. That's Moore, Mookie like. The Dodgers have their first run.
Speaker 6: Of the game.
Speaker 8: And their first hit against Brandon Fought, a solo homer for Rookie Betts. It's now seven to one.
Speaker 1: Solo home run for Mookie, his seventh of the season. Dodgers down seven to one, still a big mountain to get over. In the sixth show, hey Otani goes opposite field to the left leaving the yard for a solo home run, his seventeenth of the season. It was only a solo home run, so the Dodgers down seven to two. The very next batter, Mookie Betts made it back to back checks two.
Speaker 8: Mookie hammer's another ball, what fielding deep?
Speaker 6: He's done it again? Oh Tani and Bets go back.
Speaker 8: To back of the six. It's a seven to three ball game. Eighth of the season for Bets, second of the night, Dodgers not going quietly.
Speaker 1: Second home run of the game for Mookie, his eighth of the season. That's the top tier play of the game, brought to you by ARCO Quality, top tier guays for less. Dodgers down seven to three and back within reach. It remained that way until the eighth, when Matt sour gave up a two run home run too Snakes up nine to three. Dodgers with one last hurrah in the ninth to Oscar Hernandez a fielder's choice, Tommy Emmon and RBI single, Dodgers made it a nine to five game. Two on two out showy Otani on deck, but Aysong Kim grinded out to end the game. Dodgers lose last night nine to five. Brandon fought. Don't look now. He leads the major leagues with seven wins. Jack Dryer against the loss Dodgers. Yikes have dropped four in a row, their longest losing streak of the season, also the first time they've lost four in a row at home since twenty eighteen. Dodgers now twenty nine to nineteen on this season. Tonight a chance though, to turn things around, get back on that winning track. Yoshinobu Yamamoto on the mound, the perfect guy to get the start first pitch of seven ten with more, we head out to the Gaping Motors broadcast booth and welcome in Tim Neverett and Rick Monday. Guys, Tim, thanks very much.
Speaker 9: It's going to be an absolutely perfect evening here at Dodgers Stadium weather wise, temperature heating up during the day is going to be very pleasant here to as the Dodgers and Diamondbacks play Game two of this three game set. The Dodgers, for the first time this season, have lost four straight. They don't want to make it five, and they're relying on the ace Yoshinobu Yamamoto to be the stopper tonight. Yamamoto five and three with a two twelve VRA. He'll go against Ryan Nelson. Nelson one on one with a five thirteen. Era makes his second start as he has come out of the bullpen to take the spot on the rotation of left hander Eduardo Rodriguez. And welcome back, mister Rick Monday from a little vacation and a family wedding.
Speaker 4: Good to see you, good to be back.
Speaker 10: And everything went splendidly in Florida. And thanks to Jose Mota and company that covered and out back in hardness, you know, losing Fourida row. It's not like this guy is falling, but it could be better. In fact, you start to look at the Nationalgue Western Division ten at the top of that division. Okay, Dodgers have now dropped six of ten, San Diego's dropped six of ten, San Francisco's dropped six of ten, and Arizona's won six of ten, so they have moved up to charts. So you have four teams in a Western Division. In our opinion of you, and I've talked about this before, Nationally West is the most competitive division in Major League Baseball. If you have four teams within three games of the top spot in the West. But the Dodgers need to curtail the number of runs that they are giving up, in particular, the number of runs they're giving up early in the game.
Speaker 9: Pitching has been an issue. Starting pitching has been an issue, and Dave Roberts certainly has made no secret of that. All I have to do is look and see what's going on with a lot of the pitchers on the injured list right now, having to go with somewhat of a bullpen game last night, moving dustin May up a day to pitch tomorrow because Dave Roberts saying they don't have anybody else they can pop in there for tomorrow.
Speaker 10: Yeah, and if we look at the bullpen itself, the bullpen has worked. Now we're going to throw some numbers at you, but two hundred and seven and two thirds endings that's out of the bullpen. That is the highest total of any pitched by any team in Major League Baseball.
Speaker 4: What percentage?
Speaker 10: It's forty eight point nine percent of all the innings the Dodgers have had to pitch is been covered by the bullpen. And the bullpen just cannot sustain itself. If you're going to be on that steady of a pace, so, you know, losing four in a row, they've allowed thirty two runs, sixteen by starters and sixteen by relievers. But in the relief corps out there in the bullpen, they can use some oxygen.
Speaker 9: They honestly could, so tonight they're hoping that they get a little depth from the starting pitcher as far as the lineup goes, No ta Oscar Hernandez, no Tommy edmund As, Dave Roberts. Giving those two a night off. They're fresh off the il doesn't want them going up, you know, too much, too.
Speaker 10: Soon, Yeah, exactly. And it's the workload if you have stress of guys and they're monitoring all kinds of different things with the with the medical crew and the trainers down there, but they don't want to tax it to where now you're going to be vulnerable to maybe getting back on that injured list, and especially with the day off, it's going to be on Thursday, a breather tonight. Back in there tomorrow, then you've got thursdays and off day back in harness in New York.
Speaker 9: That means Ky k Hernandez gets a start in center field and Hassan Kim comes into play second base. He ran into a little trouble in center field yesterday, but so far, so good at second for Kim.
Speaker 10: Yeah. I think that the comfort level at second base is something that we have seen a little bit more than in center field, and in centerfield. I've talked about it as well. He's got that late hop. He's actually in the air. He's mid air when the ball crosses home plate, and that has really curtailed his range. The left, right, in and back. Can't go anywhere I for you here in the air except straight down. So he's losing a step maybe two. Gonna watch it tonight and see if he does the same thing hopping into the air late. He's in the air where the ball crosses home plate. See if he does it at second base again tonight.
Speaker 9: Dodgers looking for win number thirty on the season, as they'd taken on the Diamondbacks and looked winning the four game losing skit.
Speaker 1: Tim all right, Dodgers been waiting for winning number thirty an hours for about four days. So count you down to first pitch. So Dodger fans, how about enjoined some Shaky's Pizza from Shaky's Pizza Parlor. What are your Shaky's Pizza checking Mojo's right now at Shaky's dot Com. Coming up here on Dodgers on Deck, you're gonna hear from the manager Dave Roberts. We're gonna check in with our Dodger insider David Basse will break down this pitching matchup, a bullpen game for the Snakes. Yoshi novu Ya, I'm a modo going for the Dodgers. But up next your Otani rewind added, we'll visit with sports and at Las Kirsten watch and that's all coming up as we lead you up to first pitch on this Tuesday night, Dodgers Diamondbacks. Thanks for being with us. First pitch coming up at seven ten. I'm Tim Kasi's World champion. Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 6: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 1: It's Dodger in Diamondbacks on this Tuesday night, Mexican Heritage Night at Dodgers Stadium. Yoshinobu Yamamoto and Ryan Nelson. The pitching matchup. First pitch coming up at sevent ten.
Speaker 6: This is the Otani rewhy.
Speaker 7: On this one to one Otani swings it hits a hog drive to the.
Speaker 8: Left field, heads up in the pavilion.
Speaker 6: Show Hey's coming solo home run?
Speaker 8: Show Hey Otani his seventeenth of the season, second solo shot against Brandon Fought, and now the Dodgers are within five. It's seven to two.
Speaker 1: Show Hey Otani last night one for fourth the home run into the left field pavilion, his seventeenth of the season that leads to Major Leagues now hitting three to twelve on the year with an OPS over one thousand. Unfortunately, the Dodgers fell to the Snakes last night, nine to five.
Speaker 6: This is Kirston's Corner with Kirston Watson.
Speaker 1: Hey Kirson now joins us from the stadium. Brought to you by Cars for Kids. Ready to donate your old car? Give him a call at eight seven seven Cars for Kids right now Fridley Agents standing by to take your donation. That's Cars with a K. Donate your car today. The Dodgers have lost four in a row for the first time all season. They need this to come to an and immediately. Keirrison and no better person than Yoshinobu Yamamoto.
Speaker 11: There really isn't. I mean, look, it's no secret. He is the ace of this team and he has deservedly become the ace of this team. So for him to take the ball today, for him to be a guy who's been able to eat up some innings to be efficient in those innings, that's gonna be the key. I mean, yesterday we heard what Dave Roberts was saying about just getting that first pitch strike and how that needs to be a point of emphasis for the rotation as well as just the pitching staff as a whole. So if Yoshinobu could come into this one, you can set the tone early. Another big thing that is just this team has been playing from behind as of late. So if he can have a shutdown person inning and then we can see, you know, the top of the order get going at the bottom of the first like that would just that would be huge for this team right now. So hopefully that will be the case. And like you said, for Yoshinobu to take the ball today, of all days, it gives the team a different level of confidence, especially considering just all of the injuries that the rotation is dealing with right now.
Speaker 1: Looking at the lineup tonight, no Tommy, no Tay Oscar Hernandez.
Speaker 4: What's going on?
Speaker 11: Yeah, so of course, what these guys are coming back from lower body injuries, and yes they just came off the il. But when you look at kind of whether with things look like ahead, playing three in a row, things like that, Dave Roberts just did he wanted to limit that and he did think about staggering their day. So maybe Tommy and there today, Tayo down tomorrow, but the Diamondbacks have Corbyn Burns pitching tomorrow, and he wanted to make sure that both of those guys were in the lineup facing him. So for today, it was more of okay for Tommy if he was in there today, then tomorrow that's four in a row. Wanted to avoid that. For Tao that would have been three in a row. So luckily for Andy Poyas, he's been playing excellent and right field to he'll you out there today. But it's really just a way to continue to play the long game for those guys. Yes, we want them in there, we want their bats in there, but for right now, we also want them healthy down the line. So playing that and also knowing that the stretch is only gonna get tougher moving forward as the team is going to be heading to New York on the.
Speaker 1: Next road trest Dodgers need that win to night. No better night to start a winning streak than the present night, and that is tonight in game two of this three games. Thank you, Kirsten, still the gum here on Marago Casino Dodgers on Deck. We'll dive deeper into this pitching matchup David Matsego's one on one with Freddie Freeman up next, though, we'll get you an injury report and we'll hear them from the manager himself, Dave Roberts, as we lead you up to Dodgers and Diamondbacks on Mexican and Heritage Night out of Dodgers Stadium. First pitch set for seven to ten. I'm Tim Katson. This is the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 6: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 2: On your home for the blue all season long.
Speaker 1: Bronco Casino Dodgers on Deck continues on this Tuesday night, Dodgers at home against the Diamondbacks Morongo Casino Resort and Spa. A Grand Slam for good times. Yoshinobu Yamamoto and Ryan Nelson. The pitching matchup first pitch at seven ten.
Speaker 6: He's the LA Dodgers Injury.
Speaker 1: Report presented by UCLA Healthy, official medical partner of your Los Angeles Dodgers. Kirby Yates on the injured list with the right hamstring strain. Evan Phillips on the IL with the short riot forum Tyler Glass now Blake Snell birth working their way back from left shoulder inflammation. Blake trying it, is starting to throw. That's good news. He's on the sixty day IL with the right forearm tightness. Michael Kopec's heading out to Oklahoma City for a minor league rehab stent. He needs to make at least three appearances. Bruce dark graderol fingers crossed. He can come back at some point and help out this Dodgers team. All right, We head back out to Dodger Stadium and checking with the Dodgers skipper.
Speaker 5: Any the questions for Dave Dave?
Speaker 4: Can you just describe Dave? Can you talk about the pressure.
Speaker 6: In the dugouts with Dave Roberts Dave.
Speaker 4: Dustin made tomorrow.
Speaker 5: I think it'll be the first time on four days rest.
Speaker 12: How much of that is just where he's progressed, and how much of that is just the need of the rotation.
Speaker 13: I think it's more the need of the rotation. I think he's physically able to handle it. Our rotation certainly needs it, and to not have the ability really to drop somebody in. And I think the progression is kind of fitting and kind of the timing is good for this.
Speaker 12: Let to be able to see him from multiple as you early man hasn't been fight as sharp bls.
Speaker 13: You know, we're trying to dig into that because the last two specifically, he's just been off just a little bit, and he's obviously got such good commands, so when it's not on, it's it's more kind of noticeable.
Speaker 4: I guess.
Speaker 13: I know that Mark said his work this before this start was really good. There's not a health component, and so I would expect him to be kind of back on par with what he normally does as far as the command.
Speaker 4: Tonight, I'll start like he's looking and he's coming to ace how much that is.
Speaker 8: Starts like today we have to be a sobber kind of get these right.
Speaker 13: This is this is one of those starts. I mean, obviously we're mired in a losing streak, and you know, he's our ace, and so he had he's you know, kind of had a couple of pedestrian outings his last two, but he's obviously had a fantastic start to the season. But these are the nights that you need your ace to be a stopper and go deep in a game.
Speaker 1: All Right, there's Dave Roberts talking about really his pitching staff needing to give him some length, no doubt about that. And that begins tonight with Yoshi Yamamoto, and we continue here on Dodgers on Deck. We will check in with David Vasse as we lead up to first pitch, Game two of this three game set Mexican Heritage Night out of Dodgers Stadium, Dodgers and Diamondbacks. First pitch coming up at seven to ten. I'm Tim Kates's the World champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 6: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 1: It's the Dodgers and Diamondbacks on this Tuesday night, Game two of this three game set for between the Dodgers and Snakes. Yoshinoba Yamamoto, Ryan Nelson. The pitching matchup, first pitch coming up at seven.
Speaker 6: Ten, joining Tim Kates on Dodgers on deck.
Speaker 2: I accept everybody for who they are.
Speaker 6: This is Dodger insider David base.
Speaker 1: Right before we get into the Dodgers and what's wrong with this team that has lost four in a row? Going around baseball? Do we see a former Dodger get tossed earlier today?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 12: I keep tabs on Walker Buehler's small tenure with the Red Sox just to begin this new chapter in his career. And tonight was his first night back after being on the fifteen day il with right shoulder inflammation. They were playing at Fenway Park against the Mets, and in the third inning, oh Francisco Lindor, who was hit by a pitch by Buehler, stole second base and on the pitch that Buehler delivered, it was a strike, clear strike, but the home plate umpire Mark Esterbrook called it a ball, and Buller took in section to that and started to walk towards home plate, and Esterbrook had a very quick hook he threw out Bueller and former Dodger and current Red Sox manager Alex Korra. So that's what took place about an hour ago in the third inning at Fenway Park, Walker Bueller return not even three innings because he was ejected.
Speaker 1: Very animated Walker Baler. We know that there when he's out there on the mound. David's driven by Ford. If there's one thing we like, its choices, find yours with the four F one to fifty gas hybrid allwatchric tough. This mark can only be called the f one to fifty David. This team has lost four in a row. Why is it important that Yoshi gets to start tonight?
Speaker 12: Well, Yamamoto has been off to a great start, a cy Young type of start. But these are the type of games that you look to your best pitcher in your starting rotation to step up big, and that's where cy Young reputations are made. On knights like tonight, Yamamoto's got to come out and set the tone early for the Dodgers. Put up zeros to give this offense a chance to get a lead. So Dave Roberts can maneuver his bullpen a lot easier than what he's been able to do in the last five or six games, especially since he really doesn't have any more high leverage right handed relievers. In fact, you could argue that his two best believers are Tanner Scott and Alex Vesi right now, but it all starts with Yamamoto. This offense can score, and they're going to score against this bullpen game by the Diamondbacks. The Diamondbacks bullpen is maybe their weakest part of their team. So the Dodgers are going to put up runs. They just would love to get a lead early.
Speaker 1: It's a lineup David without tay Oscar Hernandez without Tommy Edmond in place. You got Michael Conforto and left Keky Hernandez in center, and Andy Pai has moved over to right field and Hey Sung Kim playing second base.
Speaker 5: It makes sense Tim.
Speaker 12: I argue this last night on Dodger Talk with a few uninformed fans. Key k a Hernandez is the best defensive center fielder the Dodgers have. We saw it in October last year. He has said that he maybe should have embraced center field earlier in his career because it would have been a different trajectory for him. He is one of the best defensive center fielders on the Dodgers. Then I would go Tommy Edmond when he's healthy, and then Andy Pajz and Haysan Kim is a fourth on that depth chart for me, especially since he really doesn't have any experience out there.
Speaker 5: The Dodgers need to win this game.
Speaker 12: They can't experiment in this game with anybody playing out of position. He's an elite infielder and that's the reason why the Dodgers have aligned it the way they have.
Speaker 1: DV great stuff. Appreciate it. We'll check back in with you in just a little bit. Coming up here on Wrongo Gauzino Dodgers on Deck, you're gonna hear from Freddie Freeman. We're gonna dive deeper into this pitching matchup with Dave alluding to Yoshi Amamoto getting the start and needing to be the stopper tonight to this four game losing streak. But up next your Dodgers' magical moment. It's the Dodgers and the Diamondbacks on this Tuesday night, Mexican Heritage Night out of Dodgers Stadium. First pitch at seven ten. I'm Tim Kase's the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers audio note.
Speaker 6: This is Morongo Casino, Oh Dodgers Hunting game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 1: Dodgers in Diamondbacks. It's Yoshinobo Yamamoto and Ryan Nelson, the pitching mad Jump on this Mexican Heritage night. There's actually a wrestling ring Lucha Liebray happening right now in center field at Dodgers Stadium. A wild scene. They got a battle royal happening right now inside the ring. The Dodgers hoping to come out and top tonight in the second game of this three game series. First pitch coming up at seven.
Speaker 2: Ten, Hot Dog?
Speaker 5: Who wants the hot.
Speaker 6: Cod It's time for the hawfe Magical Moment. It's Magical Magic presented by Hawfey Hot Dogs.
Speaker 1: We go back to April twenty fifth, two thousand and twenty two, the Dodgers in Arizona taking on the Diamondbacks. They scored two runs in the first day. They's to Trey Turner's to run double. Max Munsey would double in the fifth, and then Will Smith in the eighth inning connected on a solo home run to left center field. The Dodger scored four runs against the Snakes, while Walker Buehler had himself a Knight's.
Speaker 9: No balls and two strikes. Bueler set to go. The right hander kicks fires, swung on a hit of the air to center field. Bellager's got it.
Speaker 12: It's a complete game shutout for Walker Buehler.
Speaker 5: The Dodgers won it four to nothing. What a night for Walker Buehler.
Speaker 9: A Knight to remember for the right hander.
Speaker 1: Walker Buehler, a complete game shutout, his first of his career. Struck out ten, scattered just three hits through one hundred and eight pitches along the way. Walker Buehler April twenty twenty two, his first complete game shutout over the Snakes. The Hofey Magical moment brought to you by Hoffey hot Dogs, Haffey so Cow's local treasure for nearly one hundred years. Hoffey hot Dogs Local so great. Let me continue here on Dodgers on Deck. We will check back in with Rick Monday. He is back. Lead Jump to first pitch Dodgers and Diamondbacks on this Tuesday night. I'm Tim Kass, the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 6: This is Marongo Casino, Dodgers on dech.
Speaker 2: On your home for the Blue all season log.
Speaker 1: Lean you up to Dodgers and Diamondbacks on this beautiful warm Tuesday night here in Los Angeles. Yoshanoba Yamamoto and Ryan Nelson the pitching matchup. We'll get to the key to the game. Coming up, we'll hear from Freddie Freeman.
Speaker 6: But first and now joined by David Bassey, here's La Dodgers broadcaster and World Series champion Dodger Rick Monday.
Speaker 12: Well, we're happy to have him back home, and I decided to let him ease in a soft landing, as they say, in his first day back at Dodgers Stadium. Our very own Rick Monday has returned from the nuptial celebration and Florida.
Speaker 10: Hi, Rick, it was fun, Hi David, it was fun. My step son Ryan married an absolutely beautiful young lady, Jessica. So we had the three day event and my wife barbarly pulled off just a fabulous, I mean, just an incredible three day celebration, if you will. And I was kidding with someone, Look, I've got to get back to work to get some rest. It has not been that way, and my wife just she might want to sleep for about two or three days. I mean, we had arriving at home at six o'clock in the morning, three o'clock in the morning. But it was a wonderful thing. The only problem, David, is that being up that late obviously on Eastern time zone in Florida, I listened to the games, and while it was pleasant to listen to you guys do the broadcast, it was not pleasant to listen to the results. And that's got to change, and change in hurry.
Speaker 12: Yeah, the Dodgers have been playing from behind this entire home stand, especially the last five games. How important is it to have their ace pitch like an ace tonight?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 10: And I think Dave Roberts is talking about that a little bit earlier meeting with the members of the media, and it was asked specifically about it, and Dave came out and said, look, we're expecting better command of the strike zone by Yamamoto and it needs to go deep into the ballgame for a couple of different reasons. We'll get in on some of the pregame show with Tim Neverett and myself on exactly what that means in translating the bullpen has been overworked. We're going to dig into that a little bit more a little bit later on in the broadcast and be able to understand. Look, the reason that the manager was talking about, Look, we need Yamamoto to go deep into the ballgame, and there's no reason not to. I mean, the normally command has been, you know, hand hand in hand with him, but it has not been that case, in particular for pitches. And that's kind of the story with the recently in the not on the starting rotation, but also in the bullpend too, falling behind a lot of counts and the hitters really like being ahead in the counts, and that's kind of the situation they've been in.
Speaker 12: I'm not sure if you've ever been on a team where you're seemingly playing from behind before you get your first ad back. But what does that do to the psyche of an offense when you know you're gonna have to score runs each and every night, even coming from behind a lot.
Speaker 10: I think the mindset has to be Look, as a group, we're gonna have to score anyway in order to win the ball game. But it would be nice to have a respite and go to the bottom of the first inning with a clear scoreboard with a goose egg up there, instead of being behind a run or two or three, and that's happened too many times. It just adds to the burden of Oh. The thing you have to really avoid doing is getting in that situation where you say to yourself, uh, oh, here we go again. Well, the Doctors are not a here we go again ball club, and it's not expected. You know, everybody's talking about, oh my goodness, they've lost four in a row. Yes they have. The other part is there are still a top the nationally Western Division. They need to play better to make sure that they can kind of get ahead. I think the only surprise in the West right now for me the Giants. The Giants are just a game behind the Dodgers. San Diego starts a half game behind the Dodgers. The Giants, to me, have been the big surprise that they have maintained that because the Dodgers, even though they lost four in a row, still twenty nine to nineteen second best record in baseball. Detroit now has the best one.
Speaker 12: Hey, that's a good reminder, Rick, because the Dodgers are playing in the best division in Major League Baseball, and.
Speaker 10: No questions, no, no question, it is by far the most challenging division because now you've got the middle game of the series against Arizona. And keep in mind the Arizona Diamondbacks, David Veasse, are only three games behind the Dodgers. Now, who would have thought Arizona was going to be there? Who would have thought that the Giants would even be within breathing room. But they are just a game back. So if you look at it, the Dodgers have lost six of ten. San Diego's lost six to the last ten, San Francisco's lost six to the last ten, but Arizona's picked up some spot. They've won six of the last ten.
Speaker 12: Well, Rick Monday's back, and that would be a good time for the Dodgers to snap this season high losing streak. Rick thinks a lot, and we'll check back in with you and Tim Neverett a little bit later. Happy to have you back.
Speaker 4: Well, I sent him.
Speaker 10: I sent a message also, and you'll understand this, and we'll leave it just at that. I sent a message down to David Dave Roberts in his office. And you know what that message normally is when we have a chance to send along a little encouragement.
Speaker 12: No doubt, I know what you sent him, and I'm sure he appreciated that.
Speaker 4: Rick you know what today is.
Speaker 5: We do know. Rick. We'll check in with you later. Glad to have you back. Tim, We'll send it back to you in the studio.
Speaker 1: A thanks lot, DV. Thank you mother. This Dodgers' game plan is brought to you by the California Community College. Financial aid is available to help you tuition, books, and sometimes even the rent.
Speaker 4: It's time to.
Speaker 1: Take that next big step. Classes can fill up quickly, So on roll today and I can go to college dot Com. Still to come here On Dodgers on Deck, we'll get you a preview of this pitching matchup. Rick and Tim. We love the keys to the game. But I'm next. We go high and tight with Reddy Freeman. Dodgers and Diamondbacks. Mexican Harriage Night out of Dodger Stadium, First pitch on this Tuesday, set for seven ten. I'm Tim Kasey's the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 6: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino. Dodgers on Jack on the official home of LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 1: Dodgers and Diamondbacks. Yoshinobu Yamamoto on the Mount. Ryan Nelson will be the opener for the snakes and what is a bullpen game for them? First pitch coming up at sevent ten Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by Zen She Sushi. Enjoy the game with a quality, affordable meal that the whole family can enjoy. Zench Handcrampton sush she made fresh onto ideally by professionally trained sushi chefs with precision, passion and a tradition. You can taste find it near the deli counter at a participating in Role's grocery store. They got the tuner roles, the salmon rolls, my personal favorite, yep, the mangro cunchy dragon role. They also have the poke bowls. Zanshi sushi, always fast, fresh and easy.
Speaker 6: And now what will likely be vast a fielding insults from a Dodger player.
Speaker 1: It's an engagement of endearment.
Speaker 2: This this high and tight.
Speaker 5: Well.
Speaker 12: We are always honored and humbled whenever Freddie Freeman has time to join us. He's one of the best players in Major League Baseball, and certainly a great father, a great husband, and certainly one of the guys that you could say is the epitome of professionalism in Major League Baseball.
Speaker 5: Freddie, thanks a lot for the time.
Speaker 4: I appreciate those kind of words. Thank you, David.
Speaker 12: Freddie swinging the bat really well right now. Everybody focuses on what you're doing swing wise, approach wise, But is what you're doing right now a testament to the work that you put in after your ankle surgery.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean I feel like I'm doing the same thing. I had the same approach, my same routine, and I, like I've been saying the last coal, I feel like I've been fighting a cut swing for the last couple of years, and it's not cutting right now, it's it's what I've been what I've been looking for for a long time, and everything's going up through the middle. Just like in Miami, I had a couple of low pitchers. I was able to say through them and hit him into the gaps. And if I had my cut swing that I've been trying to fight against and not have, I would have rolled those over. If fouled those off ors swung and miss. So sometimes you're just feeling good. There's no there's no rhyme or reason to it. It's the same thing I'm doing every single day, getting ready for each and every game.
Speaker 4: But right now the swing is going through the middle.
Speaker 5: But it's remarkable, Freddie. Most guys I went through what.
Speaker 12: You did last postseason, not only with the ankle but the ribs.
Speaker 5: To play through it and play.
Speaker 12: At that level and then have ankle surgery during the off season and not skip a beat. That doesn't happen. But that's a testament to your work ethic.
Speaker 3: I appreciate that, I really do. I do appreciate those words. In my mind, I'm just doing this what I expect myself to do. I did put in a lot of work trying to get back as fast as I could. It's still work in progress. Like I just was on the table for about an hour and a half to get to come out here and do my drills and get ready for this game. So it's still going, you know. But I'm in a good spot physically with my ankle.
Speaker 4: My ribs.
Speaker 3: We've worked on that still too, just because of what happened in Japan and we weren't really thinking about my ribs and then all of a sudden flared up again real quick. So we've been working on that, keeping that hopefully in check. So in my mind, I'm just trying to do my job and do what is expected of me. So I understand there's been a lot of things that happened in the off season with surgeries and stuff like that, but I'm in a good spot physically where i can go out there and be myself.
Speaker 12: I got a big picture question for Freddie Freeman, because your career has endured generations now at this point in a good way. What's the biggest difference hitting in twenty eleven, your first year in the big leagues, compared to hitting in twenty twenty five. The type of pitching you're seeing, just the way the game is approached.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I would say obviously velocity.
Speaker 4: Is a lot higher than it was in twenty eleven.
Speaker 3: I also think, like we saw with the Miami Star Blowzo two times through the order he was out. So you're facing most often, you're facing at least three different pictures in a night. There's different arm angles, like just like the Diamondbacks, they have guys coming at all different angles. You got Thompson who throws her side arm. You got lefties, you know, basing the other guy that we hadn't faced.
Speaker 4: Mario last night thrown one hundred.
Speaker 3: So a lot of different things that are a lot different from fifteen years ago. But I would have to say more velocity and facing more pictures each night than we did fifteen years ago.
Speaker 5: What about pictures making hitters move their feet? It doesn't seem like that happens anymore.
Speaker 4: Not really, not really. I mean you you do want to pitch in. If that's the case, you don't want to be.
Speaker 3: Pitching on one side of the plate and we look out over there and it's easy just to just cover that and just shoot it the other way. So it's not about hitting someone and moving their feet. It's more about maybe throwing a sinker, like as left, you throw a sinker.
Speaker 4: In and then you can go back away.
Speaker 3: It's not about trying to hurt someone hit someone, but it's more of just trying to move your eyes throughout the course. You don't want a hitter to have their eyes on one specific plate and you.
Speaker 4: Just throw it in that area all over and over again.
Speaker 3: So it's more about moving eyes around and it's not about hitting people are moving feet.
Speaker 4: But you know, it's a little different now.
Speaker 12: Freddy Freeman is our guest, all right, Freddie, I think we always have short memories and we think things just fix themselves automatically. Nobody really has asked you how your son Maximus is doing.
Speaker 5: Is it still a work in progress? How is he doing?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: So I think we I think ch also give an update closely about a month ago. We were told by the interal just he's about eighty percent. If you were to see him on a couch, if you walked into the room and someone the country would have no idea there's anything going that he even had Yambret. So he looks great. He's I'm still as stubborn as I am so, but he does. We are He still does pt multiple times a week. His ankle flextion dorsey flection at the top of his ankle on his left side is not all the way back. There's little reminders still that he's still healing. Just like in spring training he had like a little cacti spike in his left foot and he had no idea it was in there because his nerves are still regrowing and getting in healing. So there's little reminders, but he's obviously well on his way. The neurologist said, I don't know if he's he's going to be an Olympic track runner. I said, he's his last name was Freeman. He had never had that in his cards anyways. But he's going to be okay, and longer than we thought, because we were hoping to he'd be, you know, close to one hundred now, but it's looking maybe hopefully by you know, July August, that he'll be completely back normal.
Speaker 5: Love it, Freddy, You're always in our thoughts.
Speaker 4: Thanks for I appreciate thanks.
Speaker 1: David all Right, David Bassa, and Freddie Freeman. Good to hear from Freddy leading up to first pitch tonight, and of course, Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by Shaky's Pizza Parlor, the official pizza partner of the Dodgers Audio Broadcast. No better time to enjoy some Dodgers Baseball and some Shaky's Pizza on game night. It's Group Knight, It's Shaky's dot Com. Lean you up to first pitch when we come back here on Dodgers on Deck, we'll dive deeper into this pitching matchup. So Dodgers and Diamondbacks on Mexican Heritage Night. I'm Tim Kats's World champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 6: This is Morongo Cassino Dodgers game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 1: It's a Dodgers and Diamondbacks on this Mexican Heritage Night, first pitching Dodger Stadium. It's coming up at seventeen and.
Speaker 6: Now before the Dodgers hit the dining we look at the pitching.
Speaker 1: Matchup presented by your Southern California Toyota Dealers. Work hard and play hard at a new Tacoma with an I Force Turbo charts engine. It's a truck built for the bold. See your Toyota dealer today. They make it easy. Ryan Nelson on the mound one and one five thirteen er Ray, twenty seven year old right hander. Second round pick of the Diabacks in twenty nineteen out of Oregon. He was their minor league pitcher of the Year in twenty twenty one. Now in his fourth season in the big leagues, primarily out of the bullpen, now making just his second start as the opener his eleventh appearance. His third start against the Dodgers is first at Dodgers Stadium, and his two starts against the Dodgers in his career one and oh with the two to twenty five er Ray four walks, nine strikeouts, and two career relief appearances against the Dodgers, He's given up just one run in ten innings. He's really good against left handers this year. Left hander is hitting just one ninety with ten strikeouts. Yoshinobu Yamamoto on the mound for the Dodgers. He needs to be their stopper stop this four game losing streak that the Dodgers are in. Right now, he has five and three with the two twelve Erora. The twenty six year old right hander out of Japan leads the National League and opponent's ball and average one eighty seven ranks amongst the National League leaders in ERA, whip, opponent's batting average, opponents slug opponents ops, strikeouts top ten, and wins top five. Last time out, six innings, three runs, four hits, six strikeouts in a win over the Athletics. He's got to face the Diamonbacks for the third time in his career, just the second season here in the Big leagues. Two in one with a three to sixty three ERA and seventeen strikeouts. He last faced the Diamondbacks back on May eighth, just a few weeks ago over in Arizona. He went five innings. He gave up five runs on six hits, walked one while striking out four in taking the loss. So the Dodgers desperately need some length out of Yoshinobu Yamamodo also most importantly need a zero in that first inning. The last four Dodgers starters have given up runs in the first inning. That needs to stop. Tonight, Dodgers and Diamonbacks. We are fifteen minutes away for first pitch. Keys to the game. Our next I'm Tim Kats's World champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 6: This is Marongo Casino, Dodgers on dep.
Speaker 2: Not your home for the Blue all.
Speaker 1: Season long, Dodgers and Diamondbacks. Yoshinobu Yamamoto on the Mount. Dodgers riding a four game home losing the streak. When the Boys in Blue play at home, it's important they have the right plan to protect their house. They haven't been doing the last four nights. The same applies to your home, though, Always have a plan and follow fire safety tips. For example, create and maintain defensible space starting at your house. Clear vegetation to your fencing, your property line, and if space allows extend up to one hundred feet from your home, and sure all combustible items like firewood are located thirty feet away at least from your home. Remove vegetation or debris from your roof, fence, windows, decks, and gutters. For more information about these tips and to fight out others, visit fire dot ca dot go. Let's head back out to the booth, Tim Neverett, Rick Monday.
Speaker 9: Guys, thanks again, Tim big key. Tonight it's gotta be pitching and pitching depth. Yoshinobo Yamamoto is considered the ace of this staff, and even though Dave Roberts referred to his last two starts as quote pedestrian, he knows that he needs to be the stopper tonight against Arizona.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 10: Absolutely, and a better command against Arizona. What twelve days ago five runs that was over in Phoenix, gave up a couple of home runs. One thing about Yamamoto, he throws strikes the lefties. They're hitting just one thirty eight. The Dodgers have to figure out Ryan Nelson, who faced them ten days ago out of relief, went two innings, no runs, did not give up a hit, and did.
Speaker 9: Pick up the save Nelson in the rotation for the Diamondbacks with Eduardo Rodriguez on the il Nelson making his second start, his eleventh appearance of the season. Dodgers and the Diamondbacks lineups and first pitch. Just around the corner, timp all.
Speaker 1: Right after the game is over, I'll be back with all your post game of highlights and postgame reaction. First pitch is next. Dodgers looking to snap this four game losing streak. First pitch when we return, enjoy. I'm Tim Kates is the world champion. Los Angeles Dodgers Audio number