Speaker 1: Hello, and welcome to Reality TV Cris Podcast. I'm Dahlia. I'm one of the co hosts, and I'm here with my real tight homegirl and my daughter in law, The Exquisite and the lovely Bitch that's me. We are here to talk sister wives, Honey. As always, we are coming to the end of season nine. I thought we were going to get some catfish goodness in this episode. Are you just busting in to our literal.
Speaker 2: Banks?
Speaker 1: I think you were recording a podcast, right, big. You can't just you cannot just open this our job. We're working one of the figs in from our fake tree for you.
Speaker 3: He's always given me weird shit to eat. You're like, try last time it was canned oysters.
Speaker 2: He's like, give you your had them. They're really good with.
Speaker 1: I've spent my whole life trying never to have them. What are you talking about?
Speaker 2: They're pretty good though.
Speaker 1: We're recording a podcast. He just barrels in here like some sort of cool aid.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 1: I can't take it. Where was that? What I was saying was that we are approaching the end of season nine and I was hoping for a little bit of that catfish juiciness. But there wasn't any they're edging us. They are edging us a little bit, but I still enjoyed this episode. Yeah, before we get into our recap, we do have to issue you a disclaimer. Please hid your wife and hide your kids. This isn't a reverend podcast in which we talk about reality TV is not serious. No, so don't get your panties in a bunch. Okay, for real, we say bad words, we have stupid opinions, and we happen to be very pretty people.
Speaker 2: For that, they hate us because they ain't us.
Speaker 1: That's right. So if you're a soul sorttle, get out of here. You might want to find yourself another dumpster smellulator. But if you're ready to gather the gang and go to Alaska woo, then welcome to this dumpster.
Speaker 3: And if you want to help crowdsource for our family vacation to Alaska, please follow us on Instagram at reality tv Crunch and join us on Patreon, patron dot com slash reality tv crnch. We have so much bonus content up on there. Like we reacted to michel Ty's podcasts a couple of weeks ago, Cults to Consciousness, We're going to be reacting to Colin Goslin drama and a bunch of other stuff over there. It's the best way to support us, it really is.
Speaker 1: And by the way, do y'all know that Colin Goslin is going to be dropping a tell all book on Kate Goslin.
Speaker 5: That I'm hungry and starving for it me too. I hope it's as good as I needed to it needs to be. Anyway, he's doing some podcasts and stuff, and so we have some clips of him talking a little bit about k and what he's going to be talking about in the book. So we're gonna cover that on Patreon again.
Speaker 2: Come and join us.
Speaker 1: It's nothing but fun.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Now, if you are watching on YouTube, please do not forget to like and comment and share and subscribe because every single thing you do helps us in the algorithm, allegedly. And also, don't forget to hype your girls up. That's right, hit that hype button. Apparently it puts us on some ambiguous leaderboard I guess with a bunch of other YouTube channels. And we just want to we just want to chart. Yeah, So thank you in thank you, Okay, before we get into our recap, Beatrice did you have any takeaways after watching this episode.
Speaker 3: The only takeaway I have is that I want to go to Alaska me too.
Speaker 2: It looks so beautiful.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's literally perfect.
Speaker 2: I want to live there if it wasn't so expensive.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 3: Also, when they were grocery shopping, I was kind of eyeballing some of the prices at the grocery store, I know. And I'm pissed off me too about this hyperinflation because this is a lot back in twenty fifteen, twenty sixteen, whatever, and it's already a higher cost of living. But even back then, yep, the prices were cheaper than what it is right now.
Speaker 1: I know. I was just at the croker. We just wanted to get some stuff for sandwiches, some deli meats, some bread, Like the bread is so expensive. And now what these companies are doing is selling mini loafs. Yeah, it's a half loaf for the same price as I used to pay for a full loaf. And the size of the bread pieces, the slices of bread, they're manature, Like, what is happening here? Do we not have any consumer advocacy in this country?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 1: How come this is happening? It makes me have so much rage.
Speaker 3: We are not angry enough collective enough.
Speaker 1: And yes I noticed the prices as well. I've also been to that grocery store. Really, I've also been to that town. We stayed at a hotel called the al Yeskah, my god, so I was real familiar with it. But that's out to Girdwood was like looking at portraiture. Yes, like this can't be actual real life.
Speaker 3: Literally my dream.
Speaker 1: Alaska is gorgeous. And that's my takeaway too. Yeah, all right, without further ado, let's get into today's recap of Sister Wives Season nine, episode eleven, and to Totti.
Speaker 2: A boy or a girl?
Speaker 3: Oh, because we're going to center the whole episode around Robin and co and their baby gender reveal. But we have the whole family preparing for their trip to Alaska. The only one that's not able to make it is Hunter, who is at some Air Force academy or something in Nevada or whatever. And that's great for him, but everybody else in the family is Colorado.
Speaker 2: But is it I don't know the.
Speaker 1: Air Force academy. Well I don't know Colorado.
Speaker 2: Do you think I know shit about shit?
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, your wife's father went to the Air Force Academy.
Speaker 3: And aren't there multiple Air Force academies. Don't think there's literally just one. I think it's the one in Colorado Spring Goddamn right, Sorry, I'm not an expert anyway. So Hunter's at the Air Force Academy. Everybody's getting ready for their trip to Alaska. Everyone is going to be there except for him, so including Logan and his significant other, Michelle, and Maddie and Caleb. Caleb has to work, so he's only going to be there for a couple of days, but he's gonna fly in and meet the family as Maddie's significant other, even though the family kind of knows him already because he's associated with the family. But not much to really go over. At the beginning of this episode, everybody's packing, everybody's chaotic and unorganized.
Speaker 2: As per usual.
Speaker 3: But we have like a little segment with Janelle kind of talking about Maddie and Caleb and like how they first met and when they first met, Maddie was underage and allegedly Caleb wasn't interested in her because she was a minor and sure, Jen, but Maddie was obviously hardcore flirting with him even though she was underage, but now she's so it's fine.
Speaker 1: Right, So he was waiting for her to become legal allegedly. But also I thought that Mattie said in this episode that originally she didn't like Caleb. Yeah, they were not friends, but then when you hear Janelle talk about it, it's like, no, she was flirting with him from the very beginning.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And according to Janelle, Caleb was the one that brushed Mattie off because she was too young. Yep, but Mattie's saying that she was the one that was like, no, it wasn't interested at all.
Speaker 1: I don't believe it.
Speaker 2: Okay, whatever press.
Speaker 3: Acts we got to say to kind of blur the lines of your guys' age gap, like whatever, okay. And then we also have Cody and Robin going to get their baby ultrasound before everybody leaves for Alaska, because they plan to tell everybody it's a big surprise, reveal what the gender of the baby is.
Speaker 2: And honestly, like, I don't I.
Speaker 1: Don't care, nobody cares.
Speaker 2: I really don't care at all.
Speaker 3: And so then when they arrive in Alaska, they rented this big house. I guess it was like a multiple house rental or something, but they rented the whole thing because they have a million people. Logan has Michelle there. He's a little bit worried about her because she comes from a very small family and this is a very large family and it's a bit overwhelming. So he's just trying his best to make sure that she's comfortable.
Speaker 2: And we love that.
Speaker 1: We love it a lot. At some point, Janelle kind of talks about how cool it is to see Logan in a romantic relationshipeah, just how he's taking care of Michelle and how he's so sweet, and it really was cool to see and to know that they go on to get married and they've been together all these years. That's pretty special.
Speaker 3: That's what I really liked about It was like, you know, this is the first time we're really introduced to Michelle or introduced to a girlfriend of Logan's, and it is the girl that he ends up marrying. And same thing with Maddie, like we get introduced to her significant other and she ends up marrying him and having a bunch of kids. Like I do love that for them. I think it's really cute as well. And then when we're at the Alaskan rental. You know, everybody's unpacking or whatever and getting settled. We have this little tiff between Solomon, who's like a three year old, I don't know. He bawls his hand into a fist and I think he like tries to hit one of the kids or something. This pisses Garrison off because he's a parentified child, I think, and he tries to reprimand Solomon, but he does it poorly because he's also a child. And then the parents get super pissed off at Garrison because you know you're a child, don't act like a parent. What are you doing?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, this made me so angry. Can't we just stop here for a moment? Yep? Because who are you fooling? You have parentified all of your children. And Cody's like, you don't presume to tell me, Garrison, how to correct my own child. And he's like, I'm just trying to advise you. That's yeah, Oh the audacity. But like, Cody's your dad, so I get it. Are we trying to pretend that you haven't put these kids in this position the entire time? And after we watched mckelte's interview, the most recent interview with cults to consciousness. She talks a lot about how she was out here changing diapers her siblings diapers when she was four years old. So it's absolutely in alignment with the way they've conducted themselves as parents to have Garrison out here trying to parent Solomon inappropriately. Yes, yeah, and he shouldn't be doing it the way that he's doing it, of course, but like can you blame him? Because where are you exactly?
Speaker 3: And my thing that pissed me off about it was like there was no accountability for the parents in acknowledging that they made their older kids PARENTI like, parent all of the younger kids. There was absolutely none of that. They were just saying like, well, we don't really like it when the older kids try to parent the young since like, what.
Speaker 2: Do you mean?
Speaker 1: Yeah, just last season was an Aspen taking care of truly who had a kidney infection, Like that's the thing. Cody was on the grill burning steaks and couldn't give a shit, Like your kids are still even in this episode, Logan is still getting all the kids together and being a parent more than these five.
Speaker 3: I was just about to say that, like Logan straight up was acting like a sixth parent in front of everybody this entire trip, like he's organizing everything. But it's okay when he does it, and it's okay when Aspen does it because they do it the right way right and they've been parentified since they were wee. But when Garrison does it and again he like you said, he did it kind of poorly because he's a teenager, then he gets reprimanded.
Speaker 1: But that kind of goes back to our ongoing conversation about how it really does feel like they target Garrison, and it also feels like Garrison acts out maybe because of that, Like he's always butting heads in particular with Cody, and I'm like, what's what's really going on here? Because of course, in later seasons, Garrison is the one who calls Robin and who kind of front's Robin about how she is stealing all of Cody's time, et cetera. He plays a big role in calling out what's happening in the family, and you can kind of see him agitating now at this younger age, and I just feel like, I feel bad because I can see how Cody focused him in a way that was focused on him in a way that wasn't necessarily appropriate, almost like he felt like Garrison challenged him personally, do you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: And he probably did. I mean, because that's how kids are with your parents, Like your kids are supposed to kind of challenge you.
Speaker 1: As a parent, But he's taking it personally.
Speaker 3: And I think that's exactly what's happening here. And like I think with Garrison, the other aspect is that he does tend to be seen or viewed as the kid that has anger issues or like has more of like a short fuse. And so I think that triggers maybe Cody, maybe triggers Mary a bit, triggers some of these parents because they don't like that and they don't want to see a kid act out.
Speaker 1: But it's like, are you asking yourself why?
Speaker 3: And that's what kind of pisses me off about it, because you can tell like there's something going on with Garrison, and I don't want to, like, you know, paint my own perspective on his mental health struggles here, because I obviously am not Garrison, and I don't know what he was going through this time. I can just relate to it because I was a kid that used to act out a bit too, and I used to be pretty angry, and even as an adult, like I still struggle with those aspects because you know, I didn't learn how to like regulate my emotions because I didn't grow up in a house where I learned how to do that. And when you grow up in a house like this with a million fucking kids and no parents around to help you learn how to emotionally regulate, like you're gonna be kind of pent up. So I don't know, I just felt bad for Garrison. I also feel bad that these are the moments that are memorialized for him. It actually really bothers me a bit, like watching these back and I just don't like.
Speaker 1: It, agreed at all.
Speaker 3: I also felt like they were getting mad at him because he was targeting Solomon, which is Robin's kid, And how dare anybody target my sweet baby vampire child.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry. Well, and you do have to wonder though, like whether there's some jealousy there with Garrison, Yeah, because he's seeing in these moments how much Cody prefers not just Robin but her kids who he just adopted, and also Solomon, who is his bio child. And I think Garrison is probably a paternally neglected son, and here Cody is just doting on King Solomon with his cherubic, beautiful, little three year old behaviors and everything. And I'm sure there is some jealousy for Garrison, but like, okay, Janelle, instead of like always correcting him and lecturing him like you're supposed to be his soft place to land, I just wish there was more context, more understanding, and maybe behind the scenes Janelle was having those conversations made Garrison because certainly when he becomes an adult and he buys his own place, he makes a spot in his backyard for Janelle to have a garden. He loves his mother. He's protective of his mother. So I'm hoping that Janelle is actually having a dialogue with him about this stuff and yeah, saying, hey, I understand why you feel like you need to step in, but like it would be great if you could also show the audience that because, like you say, like this is really all we ever get from Garrison, his fights with Gabe, like his tantrums, his anger issues. Yep, nobody ever talks about why they might be, like why we have these issues?
Speaker 3: Yeah, and that's the thing that's hard for me is like, cause I just don't know if those kinds of conversations are really happening behind the scenes. If Janelle or any of the family is sitting down with Garrison and being okay, you've been acted up a bit, Are you okay? Is there anything that you want to talk about?
Speaker 2: Like, we're here for you. I think it's.
Speaker 3: Hard for parents to do that sometimes because teenagehood is difficult for everybody around, and like there's a lot of emotions and a lot of ridiculousness or whatever. But I just I don't know. I felt bad for Garrison. I've been a Garrison and so I just it sucks that this is a scene that is here forever.
Speaker 2: It just bothers me.
Speaker 1: You just wish you could go back in time and give him a hug yeah, and.
Speaker 2: Just keep on it.
Speaker 1: He does need it and can tell he needs it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And it just sucks.
Speaker 3: And so then the next day or whatever, the family goes out for breakfast, and I just can't imagine being like in a small town in Alaska and having twenty five people want to come home for breakfast. I would be so stressed. If I was working at a restaurant and I saw the Browns coming in, and then they go grocery shopping because they want to you know, obviously eat at home for the majority of the time because eating out is not practical for this large of a family. So they have twenty four people, that's twenty four meal for eight days. And I'm confused because at one point, like Logan says that they're going to be there for fourteen days with all these people, but then when they go grocery shopping, it's only eight days, so I don't know what that means. But they're at the fred Meyer, they're going grocery shopping. They have stupidly bring the entire family with them, which I'm just like, why would you do that. I'm already over stimulated.
Speaker 1: To send a couple of the wives for.
Speaker 2: Real, And then it's much more organized.
Speaker 3: But they go shopping, and everybody's playing bet placing bets on how much the grocery bill is going to be a lot of the older parentified children are like, we got way too much fucking food, Like we don't need all of this.
Speaker 2: I don't know what we're doing.
Speaker 3: But ultimately they end up at the end paying over twenty eight hundred dollars for their groceries.
Speaker 2: And again, I'm just thinking that if this was.
Speaker 1: In today's oh my god.
Speaker 3: It would be like six thousand dollars, six or seven thousand dollars like at least. And it just pisses me off so fucking bad because there's literally no reason for our groceries to be this expensive.
Speaker 1: You're right, I think these corporations are gouging us. Yeah, like when there's an emergency, like a national emergency, where there's whether there's like a state emergency or hurricane or whatever. Like if a gas station gouges and raises their prices because people need to get gas, like that's an offense, Like you can be fine, like the government will go after your ass. And I'm just wondering when the government is going to go after the ass of all of these corporations. Fucking freedom, labe, dude. I was looking at I know, I was looking at Dorito's at Groger when we're doing sandwiches and stuff like that. The bags are so much smaller, and of course you can't see into them because if you were to see into them, you would see maybe twenty five percent of the bag is filled with chips, like Why isn't there some kind of regulation where companies can't fucking do this to you. I was watching somebody on YouTube, and let's just go on a tangent here, but I was watching somebody on YouTube talk about how gen Z is actually the disruptor for a lot of this because unlike my generation Gen X and even a lot of the millennials, and certainly there's no boomers out here doing this, gen Z will call your company out. They will open your bag of Gurrito's on TikTok and they will pour it out and show that there's only sixteen chips in that entire bag, and they will shame these companies. And it's actually having a big impact good on a lot of them. Like McDonald's has been down in terms of their profits, Wendy's sits down, Burger King is down them all, but fast food like Chick fil A, fast food like In and Out, also Chili's, they actually are increasing in profitability because they are not trying to gouge everybody. Like, I just don't understand. I just don't like, how do you stop this? Now? There is some of it that is actual legitimate inflammation, inflammation, economical inflammation, and inflation due to COVID and printing money on demand. Yeah, there's going to be a correction to that. But like, we need some help out here. We see all these billionaires just enriching themselves in fucking data centers, Like, can you just help them? I gotta stop. This is I'm gonna it is really awful.
Speaker 2: It's horrible.
Speaker 1: I've never seen anything like this in all of my life. And I've been through like the seventies, gas shortages, I've been through inflation in the nineties, interest rates that were sixteen percent for home buying. Like, I've seen a lot of shit, but I ain't never seen this shit.
Speaker 3: No, And it's fucking bullshit. And it doesn't seem like there's any like relief.
Speaker 1: Any end in sight, like any plan. Nobody's even talking about it in our government, I know, And honestly, I don't think it matters what side of the aisle you prefer. None of them are talking about it, and they're talking about their pet fucking interests and nobody cares about actual Americans. And it's really really infuriating. And say, bitch, I was looking at those prices too. It was like two ninety nine for like peanut butter or something. I'm like, oh, you know what, fucking world.
Speaker 3: And a dozen of eggs was like three bucks, and I'm like, what the fuck is going on in Alaska?
Speaker 1: So that's ninety nine cents in Texas exactly the way that it ought to be.
Speaker 3: Like, come on, I just don't understand. It just pisses beyond.
Speaker 1: The names on the side of my head.
Speaker 3: I wonder if we have any international raccoons or prices just as insane over there, or is it just Americans that are getting aspucked.
Speaker 1: I think people around the world are getting as fucked. I think because it's a global elite society. Yeah, that's bending a silver and throws back to Cody Brown's sister. Sorry about that, guys, I'm.
Speaker 3: Just fucking pissed off about you. So then the family goes panning for gold, and maybe.
Speaker 1: We need to do that so that way we can maybe we can sell some gold or something like that. Geez, Curney.
Speaker 2: They go panning for gold.
Speaker 3: It's fun or whatever, and then the family does a little competition to see who got the most gold. Of course it's Garrison because he's the goat, and he got like ninety dollars worth of.
Speaker 1: But did you hear Robin say, oh my gosh, I'm gonna have so much fun today. I love gold. Yes, she's like, oh okay, she's got champagne tastes this woman, and when she enters the family, she's got a beer budget.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 1: But now we're in twenty fifteen, we're going into twenty sixteen, she's starting to siphon off the money and she wants to collect her gold.
Speaker 3: And I think it's funny that that's like the one activity that she participated in because when they go hiking later, she's at home.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she's pregnant. I can't do it.
Speaker 3: I can't do it, but I can pan for gold though. I want a new gold ring, please and thank you. And while they're panning for gold, they do this like I think it was the ham Trail or something like that, where they're in that little metal thing and Christine's screaming a lot.
Speaker 1: Christine was screaming all episode.
Speaker 2: I just had to mention it because it was really annoying.
Speaker 1: Screaming on the couch, talking about how she was screaming on the cage and I'm like, why are you screaming all the time? And maybe I'm neurospicy and I don't know it, but I'm just like, somebody, shut this pitch up. I understand you're excited, and I understand you're happy, but like, can you just stop screaming all the time. Some people can't handle decibels well.
Speaker 3: And for me, I was thinking about it, like, I feel like she's compensating for something. I feel like this isn't actually her real personality, Like she's kind of obnoxious in general. She's kind of a loud, boisterous person. But there's a difference between being a loud, boisterous person and somebody who is compensating and trying to be like fun and loud, like look at me, Ah, it's like, shut the fuck up. You don't have to act like that. I felt like she was compensating for Cody or something. But Cody, you can tell, is annoyed way.
Speaker 1: He's repulsed by it.
Speaker 2: He's disgusted, he is he hates her so much.
Speaker 1: And the more he hates her, the more she screams for attention.
Speaker 2: Yet that's what it is.
Speaker 1: Yes, the more he pulls away, the more she's like big and old and fun and I'm cheerleader for the family. I'm like Christine and like I'm a Leo.
Speaker 3: I like loud people. I like obnoxious people because I think it's fun.
Speaker 2: But she's annoying as fun.
Speaker 1: What I feel like you're saying something?
Speaker 2: No, me, what you're a Taurus.
Speaker 1: I don't you think I'm obnoxious?
Speaker 2: No, I don't think you're loud?
Speaker 1: Really yeah, okay, but anyway, go on.
Speaker 3: No, But like, I like loud people and I think they're fun, but like Christine was annoying me. So maybe I'm neurospicy too, But I'm just.
Speaker 2: Like, shut the fuck up.
Speaker 1: Seriously.
Speaker 3: You don't need to scream all the time. It's just obnoxious. And so then Caleb arrives, he flies in. He's again only there for a couple of days because he has to work, because he's a hardworking man.
Speaker 1: We love that.
Speaker 3: We do love that he's meeting the whole family as Maddie's significant other. The family again knows of Kayleb because his sister is married to Cody's brother. Right, so I think he's like.
Speaker 1: Is that the brother that passed?
Speaker 2: I don't know. It's kind of blurred.
Speaker 1: I thought it was Curtis, but then I am not sure. But yes, that is how he is related to the family.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so the family knows of him. Mattie is already a little bit embarrassed because she doesn't want her family to bombard Caleb with a bunch of questions and a bunch of obnoxiousness. So she kind of tells the family to like, chill the fuck out. And I think Logan, also as the older brother and the sixth parent, is like, y'all, chill, it's Mattie's boyfriend. Let's be on best behavior. And ultimately everybody ends up listening to Logan because he's the real dad here. And so when Caleb arrives, Mattie's expecting everybody to hound him for everything, and everybody's just awkwardly staring at him and is very quiet and very respectful, which is kind of cute in its own way, but Mattie thinks it's a little awkward. And you know, we hear from Mattie a little bit saying that she knows that Caleb is the one She's gonna be with him forever. She loves him so much. And I just think that's really cute because they do end up together for and they have a bunch of kids and I thought it was cute just seeing them so young, because Caleb looks all handsome and nicely.
Speaker 2: No, he does.
Speaker 1: He looks the best that he's ever going to look in this moment, and Maddie is really smitten. Yeah, he seems like a gentleman. And the age gap is inappropriate, especially if Janelle has been facilitating this relationship, which I believe she has been since Maddy was maybe sixteen years old. I don't know, that's conjecture, it's a legit, but they're here now, they're in love. Yeah, and it's cute.
Speaker 2: And how old is he now? Is he like twenty seven? He's not in his thirties right now?
Speaker 1: Is he in the season?
Speaker 2: In this season?
Speaker 1: No? I think he's like twenty nine, twenty eight, twenty nine. Oh, but I think she's eighteen nineteen, she's first year of college.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yikes, it's inappropri I mean, it's inappropro But you know, they're happy now and whatever, and they're grown adults and stuff, and that's fine. But it is a little weird, yes, at this point, Like I'm old, I'm twenty nine, and I can't imagine like even going after somebody seventeen seventeen. Yeah, like they're literally children to me, right, but whatever, So then you're not a man?
Speaker 2: No, oh yes, I'm not.
Speaker 1: Yikes.
Speaker 3: So then the family goes hiking on the Iditarod charrail and it's absolutely fucking gorgeous. But Robin is staying home doing whatever, and maybe she's staying home with Solomon. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I guess I shouldn't be too critical because she is pregnant or whatever.
Speaker 3: She's got a little killed. But everybody goes hiking. They meet up with a you pick tour guide.
Speaker 2: He says he's an Eskimo. His name is Mo.
Speaker 3: And then Cody are kind of shooting the shit and it's kind of funny a little bit. They're talking about polygamy of course, you know. Of course the Eskimo is like, so you Mormon, and we have to make the distinction. Well, yeah, but we're fundamental this Mormon. We're not a part of the Mormon church because you know, the LDS Church would have had a fit if the Browns tried to associate themselves with them. And Moe the Eskimo says that they used to be polygamists too, back in the before four times, but now they're not, and then he tries to pimp out his six sons with Cody's daughters, and I guess Cody, according to Mary, made a comment about selling his daughters for a price, but Cody was just joking, and I'm.
Speaker 2: Just like, ugh, why don't we have to watch this interaction? I know it's just annoying.
Speaker 3: And so then when they're taking their little hike, they stop for lunch at one point, and this is where Cody goes and sits with Maddie and Caleb very awkwardly.
Speaker 1: That was such a strange conversation.
Speaker 2: I hated this.
Speaker 3: I was uncomfortable because Cody is like he knows on the back of his mind, and all of the parents know that Maddie and Caleb are surus that Caleb's probably going to ask Maddie to marry him at some point, and so Cody goes over there with that thought in mind and starts telling the story about how he went and asked Robin Grandpa for her hand in marriage and he was given him shit for it, and I'm just like, nobody cares, dude.
Speaker 1: It's also interesting though, that he would select this story of Robin Yea because he's got three other wives, and it's just so obvious to me that he only thinks about Robin when he's thinking about a love story, Like he could not give a shit about his other three wives.
Speaker 3: And it's so funny because it's like, this is Janelle's daughter, so why don't you talk about yeah, meeting her mom and asking whoever for her handed marriage, But no, like we're gonna talk about Robin, and I just wonder what their thoughts were at that time. I mean, obviously, Maddie says to the camera like this is weird.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and she's looking away and she's just counting the minutes down before Dad stops talking.
Speaker 3: And she's like worried about if she gets up, like he's gonna bombard Caleb with questions about their relationship or whatever.
Speaker 1: I do that to you when you came into the family, when you first met me and I knew that you too were serious.
Speaker 2: Was I like, no, but.
Speaker 3: You you were texting me and I have screenshots from back in the day of you being like, we'll take you to Vegas right now and you can get married and stuff like that. But it wasn't like anything that made me feel uncomfortable. It was genuinely, like from an encouraging place.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because I loved you, Yeah, exactly, so great.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but yeah, like it wasn't anything weird, like Cody in this moment with Caleb, Yeah, and I just I don't know. I think Cody was coming from a place of like trying to be supportive. But like Cody doesn't know how to be a human being because he's a demon he's masquerading as so he's like trying to relate with these stupid stories and it's like it doesn't really land the way that you hope, no for it, and he's like trying to explain it to the camera too, Like no, it's like just being supportive and it is being encouraging, But.
Speaker 1: Like, how come you can't read social cues like most people, even children, Yeah, like children can read a room sometimes, Like you could probably look at your daughter's face and look at Caleb's body language and deduce for your dumb self that they're not into this conversation and maybe that you shouldn't be having it. Maybe there's another way that you can approach it. But no, he can't read social cues and or he doesn't care about how anybody else feels, and he wants to do this on camera because he wants to seem like the good father who's encouraging Caleb to ask his daughter for her handed marriage. I don't know, just felt very contrived. It felt very weird, like why are you putting your daughter through this? But Cody doesn't care at the end of the day. Cody doesn't care, not at all.
Speaker 3: And I think it speaks to his narcissism a bit, because you could just be a father and sit with them and be like, hey, you guys are a really great couple. You look awesome together. Caleb. I think you're a great guy, and I just want you to know like I support you in your relationship.
Speaker 2: I think you're great together.
Speaker 3: That's it doesn't need to be anything more than that. But Cody wants to tell the story of him, and Robin wants to let everybody know this little journey he went on to ask for her handed marriage.
Speaker 1: He wants to do it on camera.
Speaker 3: Exactly, and then to the camera on the couch, he's saying something like, well, it's just doing it to like, you know, lay out the red carpet for Caleb to come to me, because I know he's going to talk to me, but I want him to know through this story of me and Robin, this love story, that he can come and talk to me. It's like, oh, shut up, just shut up. You can just say that with your words. Yeah, hey, Caleb, you can talk to me anytime.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's it.
Speaker 2: It's as simple as that.
Speaker 3: And so then they returned back to their rental after the hike, and Hunter had contacted Robin while everybody was out hiking, saying that he had time to call them because he's at the Air Force Academy. He doesn't have a lot of time to talk to anybody, but now he does, so he wants to FaceTime everybody. And I actually thought that this was a really sweet moment for the whole family. I felt like it was really unifying in a way because I think somebody had mentioned, like Janelle or something, that normally it's really hard to quiet everybody down for everything, like for any kind of situation, it's hard to get everybody to settle down. But when it's Hunter calling the whole family, everybody is silent, everybody is very attentive, everybody's listening, everybody's gathering together, and Janelle actually gets a bit emotional every time he calls. And it's so funny because she's not an emotional person at all, And I don't think she's very in tune with her emotions because she says something like, I don't know why in emotional Well, because it's your baby boy, he's in the military.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 1: I think she's also wondering, though, why she doesn't necessarily feel that emotional reaction with, for example, Maddie who's off in college. Logan is off in college, is doing his own thing, but he's in Las Vegas, so he's close by. But so she's a little surprised at the depth of her emotion for Hunter being away. Yeah, but I also think that it's really sweet. I think it's very that she loves she I think Janelle loves her children definitely. I don't think she was the best parent necessarily, but she definitely loves those kids.
Speaker 3: I think she was a bit distant, like emotionally, and so you know that you would have.
Speaker 1: To be though, to be a polygamist, don't you think you would have to shut down fundamental parts of yourself in order to exist in a structure like that. So I think she's been doing that for decades.
Speaker 3: But she does love her kids, that is for sure. And so Janelle's a little emotional, she's weepy, but Hunter is happy to say hi to every kiddemy. I do love military people, me too. And so this is also the time that Robin and Cody decide to announce the gender of their baby, because Hunter's.
Speaker 4: On the condemn scenory, And like, my thing is is if it was anybody else other than Robin and Cody, I could see it as like an endearing moment, But it kind of felt like to me, Robin just trying to steal the moment for herself, Like.
Speaker 2: No, like, let's put the attention back on me, not.
Speaker 1: On Hunter, interestingly stealing it from Hunter, who she's got an issue with because he was not happy the first time she got pregnant.
Speaker 3: And that's what I'm saying. And so Robin has little gifts for Truly and Solomon to open their little baby dolls that will reveal the gender of their baby. And so she has Truly and Solomon open up the gifts. They're pink dolls.
Speaker 1: It's a girl.
Speaker 2: Everybody's decided.
Speaker 3: Everybody called it pretty much. Hunter does say something kind of interesting. He's like, well, I've got a lot of sisters already. I guess one more is all right or something.
Speaker 1: So he wasn't like He's a little bit more encouraging than that. He's like, and I love my sister, does look forward to having another sister.
Speaker 2: I felt like there was.
Speaker 3: A little slight passive aggressiveness in my opinion, But everybody starts talking to Hunter afterwards, and again everyone's quiet and attentive and they're just happy to.
Speaker 2: Hear from him.
Speaker 3: It is kind of said that he's not on this big family trip because we end the episode kind of reflect on this trip as a whole and how this is likely going to be the last like big family vacation that they have where they have everybody together, because we have all the older kids moving on with their lives and doing their own things. Obviously, Logan and Michelle are going to get married, Maddie and Caleb were going to get married. Aspens in college, Logan's in college, Hunters at the Air Force Academy. Like everybody's kind of moving on. Leon is going to be going to graduate school.
Speaker 2: I think one of the other ones is going to graduate school.
Speaker 3: I forgot, but like everybody's moving on and doing their thing, and so it's kind of sad that Hunter's not able to be there. But I thought that this was really sweet. And it's kind of sad watching this back because everything turns to shit after this, and I don't mean to laugh, but like it really does implode.
Speaker 2: Like they had it good.
Speaker 3: They had the cold Sack, had the homes. I know Cody was obviously favoring Robin, but at least they were all within vicinity. They had the family together, the siblings were mending their.
Speaker 2: Relationships, right.
Speaker 1: But Mary, We're going to get to the next episode where Mary is going to tell the adults that she's not sure if she's going to stay. She's saying this at the dinner, and this I remember from when I watched years ago, and I think she says to the camera that something bad has happened and she's let a terrible force into the family. I don't think she tells them about the catfish at the dinner. I don't think she does. I think she does at the dinner. Okay, I'm not okay, I don't I'm not remembering necessarily, but nonetheless, in the next episode, she's going to blow up the situation. Between her and Cody. It's never going to recover. It never recovered after their divorce either, And I do think this is the beginning of the ultimate downward spiral of the entire family, Like Cody's going to get really bitter and upset. Leanne is obviously going to be very upset with Mary. I think the other wives are going to be trying to figure out, okay, like how do we need to act and behave so that we can keep this family together because this is obviously a huge rift and there's just gonna be a big wobble uh huh, And that's gonna throw the whole thing off of its axis, and we're gonna go to flag Staff, We're gonna have COVID, and then it's a knife in the kidneys, bitch. That's the trajectory we're on.
Speaker 3: And I was thinking, like watching the preview for next week's episode, like the last half of the Alaskan trip, like how crazy it is for Mary to announce that on this like lovely family vacation. That's also like the reveal of Robin's baby gender and everything. I was kind of thinking like maybe this is when like Robin starts to turn for the worst, Like she was already shitty, she's already really.
Speaker 2: Selfish or whatever.
Speaker 3: But I'm wondering if this is also what motivates Robin to steal Cody even further and like manipulate him even more, because how dare amir like ruined this sweet moment for me? If Robin's this true narcissist, like that would be such a.
Speaker 1: Blow, right, it would be. And you can kind of see it in this season in particular, like how every celebration, every big storyline revolves around Robin. It's the adoption, it is their legal marriage, it is the adoption party, it is the biodad to her kids. It is now the pregnancy and the announcement around that. It's like I'm kind of sick of it, Yeah, and just wondering what's happening behind the scenes with the other wives and the family, Like are they feeling it like we're feeling it. They have to be right, It's always about her. It totally everything is about her.
Speaker 3: It's actually a great point. This entire season has been about her. Even the last half of season eight was about her. It's just ramping up, yep. And so it's funny how like it all ends with like her second pregnancy. She's probably like at the top of the world, you know, like, mean, God, I've got everything I wanted. And then Mary comes in with the catfish and the family just starts to disintegrate, and then she's going to see her empire kind of fall down.
Speaker 1: Well is it falling down? I mean she's in her second mc mansion. She's sitting on top of the world. They had a thirty episode season twenty or whatever it was or nineteen or twenty whatever. Like she's making money hand over fist, So she probably thinks that she's winning. I don't know. She probably doesn't believe in karma, and she probably doesn't think that karma is a bitch and it's going to come for us all. And how you treat people is how you ultimately get treated by the universe. Robit true.
Speaker 3: But I'm just wondering, like how they're even able to afford all that stuff. I can't imagine all of its cash flow or anything.
Speaker 2: Maybe they're debt financing.
Speaker 1: They're still debt financing. They are definitely debt. They got to be. They are living high on the hog, well beyond their means, and I just don't see how any of that is sustainable now to that end, and I know we're wrapping up, but has anybody you heard when the next season drops?
Speaker 2: Yeah, of Sister Wives.
Speaker 3: I thought I heard some rumors on Reddit saying September or was that just us? Say?
Speaker 1: It could have just been us because typically like the new season drops August or September and it ends around the New Year's so we're kind of coming up on it, but there hasn't been any talk.
Speaker 2: Let us know if you guys know anything.
Speaker 1: Sister Wive's ecosystem, Yeah, what's happening? Because I want to see what's going on. I want to see what they do, the direction that they actually take us, and whether we're gonna get real, whether we're gonna talk about some of these adult kids who are now on social media calling out these parents, whether we're gonna talk about like what's happening in the real life, or if it's just gonna be Christine's fucking Airbnb's and Janelle's farm and like not ever getting to the issue.
Speaker 2: Look, it's gonna be that, it's gonna be that.
Speaker 3: It's gonna be that, and I'm not like looking forward to that, Like we're gonna watch it, but it's just it's gonna be a slog and it's gonna be heavy on the Code and Robin because they're girl gass bitches.
Speaker 1: And that's the thing. It feels like when you're watching this season, season nine, it feels like production's almost setting that up by focusing so much on Godian line.
Speaker 2: Yeah, do they not underderstand that we do not want that. We don't give a shit.
Speaker 1: I do not care. And again, my prediction is they're going to have a recommitment a bowel.
Speaker 2: I will want to watch that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, of course I will want to watch that.
Speaker 2: I need to see the track and all of the money that they spend on.
Speaker 1: I need to see all of it. Who comes, Nobody's gonna fucking know what anyway. So there's a lot of things that could happen, and I'm just wondering when it's coming back. Yeah, we need to know, if you know, let us know, And Beatrice, is there anything else that we need to say to these beautiful raccoons before we get up on out of here?
Speaker 3: Well, if you love our podcast, please do us a favor.
Speaker 2: Go to your favorite podcast platform.
Speaker 3: And leave us a glowing five star review. Really helps uscrow the pod. Some more people can join us in the dumpster and we would really appreciate it, so they very well.
Speaker 1: We're going to be back next week to talk sister wives, honey, because again it's the cabfish if it's popping off and we're going in, so make sure to come back for that. But in the meantime, please do.
Speaker 5: Not forget that we have nothing but love for you, and please and my man. It