Speaker 1: This is Orlando's rock station one O one one w j R R Idiotology, brought you by R bud Light Thursday Night football pre game party this coming Thursday night ahead of the Broncos Chargers matchup this week.
Speaker 2: We're at Siggy's an American Bar right there on Malabar Road and Palm Bay. Concert tickets Palmby, We're coming six day this Thursday. Concert tickets we'll have with us. We'll have b W O Koozzi's and stickers while they last. Of course, it's gonna be a good time when we don't get in the way of your football game. We're there before the.
Speaker 1: Game, that's right, so we'll see. It's six 't eight Palm Bay, Siggy's an American Bar on Malabar Thursday night. Come on it, all right, let's go ahead and add this to the list of reasons why you've truly got to be just a special person to want to be a teacher these days.
Speaker 2: I've told you from the get teachers are just they're invented, They're they're a thing. You know what I'm saying. You're meant to be a teacher. If you're a teacher, if you were if you do it, you were meant to do it. Now, let's be totally honest here. Most of the time now, when we hear about teachers in the news, it's because they have done something gone awry, somewhere, gone off the mark, or whatever, and that's unfortunate.
Speaker 1: As is the case here, this has got to be.
Speaker 2: What'd they do?
Speaker 1: We go to Loudin County, Virginia, Leesburg, Virginia. A high school teacher is in trouble for a history lesson involving the teaching the student's history about the invention of the cotton gin by Eli Whitney. What did the teacher do that got her into trouble?
Speaker 2: And something race related?
Speaker 1: Obviously, Well, you could read that into it if you want, which they did.
Speaker 2: They did.
Speaker 1: In a sample of raw cotton to show the students what was processed through the then state of the art, game changing cotton gin.
Speaker 2: There is absolutely nothing wrong with that. What did they find wrong with it? This upset some of the students in the classroom.
Speaker 1: Taco Bob.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: How in a letter sent to parents Friday, the principal, Doug Anderson, said, lessons of this nature may cause students to feel any number of emotions. Then he went on to say some students in the class may have used the situation as a way to act in an insensitive manner. This is not what we are trying to accomplish in our classrooms, and we will endeavor to do better. They've now moved this on to their Department of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion, who will have stated to the parents that they're gonna work harder to make sure things like this don't happen and to further develop better future teaching guidance. You're teaching for the instructors history about as you said, something that was a wonderful invention. Now, if as was insinuated in this message, there were some students in there who started making some jokes about cotton and the stereotypes that go along with that based on the true history of cotton towards some of the other students. Now that's a completely different issue that needs to be dealt with.
Speaker 2: Some ragging on you know, your shirts drinking, But to say the teacher has done something wrong by providing a sample of rock cotton, come out man, lawyer up, ma'am, ma'am orser. So God, did they actually fire no?
Speaker 1: Oh, God, no, there's I'm sure there's some sensitivity training that will have to be done though, definitely. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Wow, man, people at the text center is melting down.
Speaker 1: It is It is nuts. Man. Don't know if you caught this story or not, but it's uh, this was in the news in October.
Speaker 2: And for the record, when you said, usually when when we have stories about teachers that involve something bad, until it's on the good news network, remember that because we we love all you teachers and all that you do, whether my wife's want or not, we hold.
Speaker 1: Teachers to the same accountability we hold anybody else to. Exactly, it's it's you know and ourselves. You screw up, you screw up. You deserve to get called out. But there's nothing wrong with this. Come on, man, just throw it away.
Speaker 2: That story.
Speaker 1: Speaking of throwing away a lot of you may have thrown away back in October out of an immense amount of concern for you and your family's health. Black kitchen utensils, black plastic kitchen utensils, when a report was published that there were concerns that such kitchen utensils could contain toxic elements from recycled black plastic.
Speaker 2: I never got that memo.
Speaker 1: This was in October, so anyway, this went out, he got a lot of attention, caused a lot of people to throw away their favorite kitchen utensils that were black plastic because something about let me prominated flame retardants that might be in some of those that come along with I can't even say flame. Okay, no, you're right, you're right, you're right, see raw cottons. Now it turns out that the hypothesis that these chemicals are in black plastic kitchenware because of electronic waste such as televisions and other type of electronics that get recycled getting eventually into the recycled goods that are used to make these were overestimated because of a simple math error on the particles per whatever they used to determine how much is in any given substance, they forgot is zero. And if you use the correct amount of zeros in the formula to figure out how much of this stuff is it possibly in this it's nowhere near toxic levels.
Speaker 2: So sorry you threw away I don't know fifty dispatch.
Speaker 1: Those of all now gone into the garbage, never heard about it.
Speaker 2: And still I'm picturing several pieces of black or several black utensils right now.
Speaker 1: Oh, I've got loads of those in our kitchen too, because I hadn't heard about this either. Don't throw your black kitchen utensils away. They don't need to make sure you got all the zeros on there too. When you're balancing your check book.
Speaker 2: Think if there's a bigger thing like like teflon pans or something much more price. Yeah, because I just got a whole new.
Speaker 1: Well, isn't there an issue with those pans too, the non stick pants. They're saying some of those will kill you too. Listen, Yeah, if you scratch the surfaces, you're you're dead, or probably you've got one foot in the grave.
Speaker 2: Bar Yeah, whatever, But per your uh, all your pots and pans, pat they all matchers at a hodgepodge of over the years.
Speaker 1: It's a hodgepodge.
Speaker 2: I saw that. I saw that. Remember last year we stayed at the beach.
Speaker 1: This is not something that has ever been or will ever be a concern of mine, something that's behind cabinets in the kitchen. Nope, just don't care. Just trust me on this. Hear me out.
Speaker 2: So were we stayed at the beach and they had these Rachel Ray teflon you know, like uh, pots and pants. And I looked at my wife and I said, you know, every year for my birthday, I say, I don't need anything, or for Father's Day, I want a set of these, I said, us.
Speaker 3: For pots and pans. Are you ready for your birthday? Yes, I said, but not only a set of these. I want to.
Speaker 2: Throw away and donate all the other ones. So a couple went to my kid with college. A couple were set aside for the other kid and everything out of that drawer. Rachel Ray's in there now.
Speaker 1: Hell of a pan?
Speaker 2: Well once I flipped like an omelet in there, I was just taking back whoa, sorry, just felt that share.
Speaker 1: Thank you. Anybody looking for some good teflo You know they tracked sales. Every company tracks their sales screener. What's what this huge uptick of Rachel Ray nonstick cooking pans in the central Florida area. People decided to go ahead and clean out there. It's mad rush it re you buy those, Okay. I'm now convinced that the Guinness Book World Records will just grant a record for pretty much anything, regardless of if it's dangerous or not.
Speaker 2: Oh God.
Speaker 1: What now you can decide if this is dangerous for yourself with the visuals that we're sharing on the Facebook page. If what I'm about to describe aren't sufficient.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm trying to go there neck, got it? Okay.
Speaker 1: Members of an Indian martial arts collective broke a very strange Guinness World Record most slices of a cucumber held in a person's mouth with a chainsaw while blindfolded. Here's here's here's the object. You take one person and you you lay them on their back and they are face up with a cucumber in their mouth. Then introduced the next person, blindfolded with a chainsaw, who is going to attempt to slice that cucumber as many times as possible. And then the third member of the entourage will, in the amount of allotted time, once the existing cucumbers cut down, remove the stump and put another one the mouth holder and the blinded chainsaw person will continue to slice away in hopes of establishing the new record, which they did. I believe it was seventy one slices in one minute.
Speaker 2: And that was blinded chain saw person.
Speaker 3: God, when they're getting close to your lips and that little nubs there.
Speaker 1: What is this a record? Who comes up with this?
Speaker 2: I don't know that. Just just hearing you describe it was give me a headache. Oh my god. To be fair, though, guy's got a hell of a beard.
Speaker 1: Look, no one was injured to know why he does miraculously. Well, there's always hope for the next group that wants to try to break the record.
Speaker 2: You and I do it a squash, No, it would have to be the cucumber record, squash, chainsaw or holding. We're gonna start our chainsaw. We're starting our own with squashed. What happened to a Lynching Taco Show? Lynch had his head cut off by taco with a chainsaw. Ratings were huge for a little bit. Think of the away for the show to end.
Speaker 1: Think that was unexpected. Hat a squash in your mouth?
Speaker 2: Look hot, doesn't even you have to go skinnyside. So it's butt up. You know what I'm getting Because the squash is like a bowling pin shape. You're not kidding in your mouth egg plants. Pat has no nose anymore.
Speaker 3: It's just a flat thing with two holes on his face. Taco cut it off.
Speaker 2: Are fund demand download the iHeartRadio app,