Speaker 1: Quick quin Evan Win, I'll show you're gone brow ahead, except with simper sweet pursuing it. Tuddled out shaw shank through the sewer, Kid, Now what chilling at the eagle? Yeah, we're doing in three your clod on the dot. Got a habit for my house, a goat status. Howard turning to get crabbic shows that up multiply like a rabbit.
Speaker 2: Two in, so out, crank it up, beat the habit.
Speaker 3: I'm on hang out with my friend, lock in on the lady Kat, Christine, all of them.
Speaker 2: My lady ah.
Speaker 4: Yes, it is time to get going on a hump day presentation of the world famous Ben and Skin Show. Thank you for making us a part of your daily routine. We certainly appreciate that. Ben Rogers, Jeff skin Waight, Kevin kt Turner and is it am I saying this right?
Speaker 2: Arianna?
Speaker 4: Arianna? Arianna? I got it right, Arianna. Arianna's in for sinning the thumbs up. Yeah, Arianna is in for Christina cornbread. By the way, I meant to pull this audio. Somebody somebody sent this to us.
Speaker 2: Who was that? Huh? Okay, somebody.
Speaker 4: Somebody sent us audio of a woman in prison whose nickname is cornbread.
Speaker 2: Oh, I didn't see that.
Speaker 4: And her nickname is cornbread because before she murdered her husband, she made him cornbread and she goes, nobody wants me to make him corn bread. Now she sounds hot, right, she is not? Okay, definitely not hot, and yeah, don't eat her cornbread?
Speaker 5: Was that the one that had the big girl on it?
Speaker 2: Was she a big girl?
Speaker 3: Or you.
Speaker 6: Girl?
Speaker 7: You sent a video to the show and I just didn't want to bother Christina on vacation. The skin sent this with the big girl?
Speaker 2: Which one? What is it? Three nights ago? No? No, no, you need to look at that. Did you look at that?
Speaker 6: Then?
Speaker 2: I didn't see that one. Okay, I'm seeing it now. Oh I've seen her before.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, I'm familiar with her. So she is from the waist up. She is an absolute smoke show and a gorgeous woman.
Speaker 2: What do you what about the waist down?
Speaker 4: From the waist down, she has gigantism of the buttocks and thighs.
Speaker 5: You know, I think that that's altered by surgery.
Speaker 4: It is she went in and said, give me the Nate Newton dudeus. I mean, it's just so jarring because it's I mean, I've never seen a human that looks like that. Yeah, from the waist up, she looks like a sports illustrated swimsuit model.
Speaker 2: From the waist down, depending on what you're into, that might be, she.
Speaker 4: Looks like she is morbidly obese, like shockingly, I can't even walk or function. But she shoots these videos all the time, and I'm like, is she takes up two plane seats?
Speaker 2: But from the waist up she looks like j Loo.
Speaker 4: The first thing I saw of hers, she was dancing with a girl for the Girl's Keen Shinetta if I'm saying that right, yeah, and she was wearing a dress and her in the dress, I was like, what is happening inside that dress? I thought it was like, you know, you know, like we're gonna get ready to have this big sumo wrestling event and people go, oh, it's the guys that put on the fat sumo suits, Like, no, these are sumo wrestlers. So I thought, I thought it was a bit for a TV show and she put on some inflatable ass. And then I looked at another one of her videos and she's wearing a swimsuit and it's pretty clear. I mean, I think she went in there and got surgery. But I see the video I sent. No, when'd you send it? I said it last night?
Speaker 2: All right. It's family feud and it'd be on it.
Speaker 4: It's Richard Dawson, okay, and he is talking to the head of the family and he's like, who old do we have here? And they're like, this is my wife, this is her twin, this is my brother in law, and this is their daughter, my niece, and Richard Dawson zero's in on her. She's They're like she's twelve or something that he goes on. He goes, oh, I'm just gonna saunter on down her and he starts talking to her and he's like, can we get her a lollipop?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 2: Okay? It was like, dude, yeah, it was like three or four months ago.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 4: It made me so uncomfortable. I couldn't even believe it. I'm like, is this real?
Speaker 2: I don't think I want to watch it. Yeah, it's worst, dude, it's terrible. Don't watch it.
Speaker 7: And you know, you saw he's kind of like he was always a joke and then you're like, oh god, this goes way deeper.
Speaker 2: Don't watch that.
Speaker 4: Video, Okay, you know, and let me just I mean, okay, don't see Magnolia.
Speaker 2: Have you ever seen the movie? Yeah, I actually saw.
Speaker 4: I watched part of it today, actually the Tom Cruise part today. Yeah, and I would say the Uh, I forgot the name of that actor that's playing the game show host.
Speaker 2: I mean that's kind of what this is.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that is pretty good advice in twenty twenty five to say on the radio.
Speaker 4: I don't watch It was nominated for Best Picture in two thousand and one. Case you're you're thinking about getting ready for the NFL Draft by watching, Manilia, all right, I tell you what. That's what we're gonna do. Coming up next, the NFL Draft is happening. I got a cowboy question for you that's coming up next. And all right, the NFL Draft is coming up. It actually begins tomorrow. Coming up here in a few minutes, we'll talk about the NFL Draft concert headliner. But before we get there, man, I'm so excited about this, Like, I love this time of year. I think the NFL is the best sport and this you know, the second best season is the NFL Draft season.
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 4: And it's just a spectacular time. The Cowboys have the twelfth overall pick, right number twelve, Number twelve. I wish it was a better pick. They just won some meaningless games. It didn't tank like it would have liked them too. So they're they're at twelve, and you're hearing a lot of things like, well, they just need the right guy to drop to them, Like if they were a little bit higher, they might be in the sweet spot to get a better player. But they just need some things to work out. But it sounds like there's outside of the top three picks, there's a lot of uncertainty all the way from four to twelve.
Speaker 7: Is that fair to say, yes, because I think a lot of trades are gonna happen, and there's really two great players in the draft, Tradess Hunter and Abdul Carter.
Speaker 4: And there's not a lot of big names at the top of the draft. Yeah, And so then it gets into that, all right, am I okay taking a five to eleven guy at twelve? You know, there's questions like that all throughout the first round because it's just not I mean, this idea that that running back from Boise State might go top five now is comical to.
Speaker 5: Me, it's it's absolutely happening.
Speaker 7: The Vegas lines have shifted Jacksonville at five and New England wants to trade it for So if you want to leap frog Jacksonville and their new nineteen year old general manager, you can now.
Speaker 2: Nine year old dude. He's so young he is.
Speaker 7: I mean, I say, it's like a JD situation though, like he's the youngest general manager ever, head coaches one of the youngest guys. And if you want to jump five and get to four maybe and the Giants are sitting there at three and they're like, how do you know we don't.
Speaker 2: Want to trade back? You got?
Speaker 5: Dion Son is another very intriguing element.
Speaker 7: There's a lot of stuff coming out about him that says he's the most entitled interview we've ever had.
Speaker 4: Where do you think the highest he could go is highest? I mean, hypothetically three? You really think the Giants would take him at three?
Speaker 2: No? No, I don't. I mean I never once this year thought he was a first round.
Speaker 7: Course hypothetically three, I think the lowest T would go is thirty five.
Speaker 4: In fairness to him, he didn't have a good offensive line and he led the Nation in like completion percentage and touchdowns, Like he doesn't suck.
Speaker 7: No, No, I don't think he sucks at all. I think he's you know, I think he is. I think he's a less athletic Baker Mayfield. Baker Mayfield number one in the draft. So and then bounced around. You know, he's very calm. Okay, he just say he's not gonna run much because he's slow. But the very strange Dion Sun is slow.
Speaker 2: The best thing that can.
Speaker 4: Happen to the Cowboys would be for one of an elite player to drop to twelve. That's probably not gonna happen, right, It would be the giant receiver or Gente somehow dropping all the way to two.
Speaker 7: Yeah, there's levels to the thing. So like gent Travis Hunter, and Abdul Carter probably the three names, like the really great players in this draft. One being a running back makes him probably sliding a little bit. Then you have that next group of players, and yeah, McMillan to me is in that. You know, some people have Matthew Golden is the best wide receiver in the draft. I personally don't, but I think McMillan's quite a bit bigger. So there's an interesting thing that's happening. Peter Schrager. He just went from the NFL network to ESPN, right. I normally don't pay attention to him too much, but over the last like three or four years, he always ends up having a really good mock draft and he only does one, and he released his today and it's gotten Ted McMillan going at nineteen. What's got the Cowboys taking an offensive guard at twelve? But every year at the end of it, you look at his and you're like, Okay, he knew stuff and he's not a scout nineteen guy nineteen? Is that Tampa Bay in nineteen Mike Evans replacement?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 4: I yeah. I heard some chatter too that there might that they're like Courtland Sutton might be available. Yeah, I did it, and so I'm like, okay, but he's about to be thirty. But I'm like, if you go it, could the Cowboys wheel and deal and go get a veteran receiver to be their number two receiver and then don't.
Speaker 2: Have to do That's the area.
Speaker 7: Courtland Sutton Sutton at twenty for Denver twenty one Pittsburgh with George Pickens. He's on the market too if you want him, and he's a head case. I think he's on the market because they know he and Aaron Rodgers will not work together. If they go the Aaron Rodgers route. They could take Shad or Sanders at twenty one, but that's where the trading back for the Cowboys could make sense of those spots, and maybe they're like, Okay, well we don't have to draft wide receiver. We can draft as someone else here and we can trade and get a receiver in act.
Speaker 2: In a draft like this. I got zero issues with staying at twelve and just taking a guard.
Speaker 7: The guy they got is the safest player in the draft. The guy that Schreger mocked them. His name is Tyler Booker. Is your Zach Martin replacement. He's he's just real good man. I would I would like it, but they have to get more juice.
Speaker 4: I will like anytime there's a lineman. I don't watch film, and I just remember everybody was so upset about Tyler Smith.
Speaker 2: He's great, and he's great.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's great, and I didn't want Zach Martin and I'm an idiot, dude. The guy they drafted last year might end up being really good. It takes guys a while.
Speaker 7: But both of them BBN guyting. You know, that's the that's the all thing. And I don't know what they're I don't know what they're thinking. I don't know what's Kellen Moore in the Saints at nine is very intriguing because they could take the wide receiver.
Speaker 6: Do you see it?
Speaker 2: And you have to figure that out. There's no chance to say take shador Is there, don't think. So there's the the buzzes that know.
Speaker 7: See what people are now wanting to do is trade back into the first round from early in the second round.
Speaker 2: Uh huh.
Speaker 7: That's where I think there's the action to come into the twenties and get Shahdor Sanders. Tyler Schuck is twenty five. He used to play at Tech and at Oregon, and he was at Louisville. He's a really good quarterback. Jack's Dart is the guy from Mississippi. So there's three or four quarterbacks that could go, but they want to take them in the twenties, not you know, in the top ten or top fifteen.
Speaker 4: All right, it's juice ay, and it gets here tomorrow. The NFL Draft coming up next. The NFL Draft concert headliner as some people head scratching. That's next, all right. We got a news quickie coming up. We got around the sports, we got movie talk, we got the Today Game, we got I love technology. Keep it locked right here, local homegrown homeboys. Skin and I have been friends since nineteen eighty two, since we met in Richardson, Texas, born and raised here. We love, love, love doing this show, and love that you make it a part of your daily routine. But we don't only talk about one thing in particular. We talk about everything. Right now, it's time for this.
Speaker 2: Juice in your moves, hot gods lived become.
Speaker 3: Stay on top in the boot shovel.
Speaker 7: Okay, So the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in duck or nominees. We'll we'll find out who gets in on Sunday night. That's when the announcement will happen on like American Idol or something one of those shows.
Speaker 2: I'll be watching. I know you'll be in on that, of course. I love Idol.
Speaker 5: Your Rock and Roll Hall of Fame fan vote though.
Speaker 9: Is in?
Speaker 2: Okay, we know who it is. Go ahead, it's Fish. It is Fish.
Speaker 4: The entire Soroy family just stuffed the ballot box over and over and over until Fish got it.
Speaker 2: And it's by a large margin. Yep.
Speaker 4: A band that your average and I'm gonna say music fan, I'm gonna say a person that actively seeks out music.
Speaker 2: Your average music.
Speaker 4: Fan cannot name a single song by Fish. I'm talking I'm not even talking about die hard heads. I'm talking about some of it. Probably spends ten hours a week listening to music in some form or another, whether it's just on in the background or whatever.
Speaker 2: I may not name a single Fish song. They're missing out Bubba. Okay, you think they're great too, Kevin.
Speaker 7: I think they're very good, very talented, fun band. Yeah, but they're live band, so you know they're different. They're not trying to make studios studio jams.
Speaker 2: That won by uh oh, what's that?
Speaker 4: Fifty thousand votes over Bad Company number two.
Speaker 2: Bad Company actually got fan votes amazing.
Speaker 4: Number two, Dude Billy Idols Number three, Cindy Lope number four, Number five, My Guy the Cocker Love Cocker.
Speaker 5: The Old Spaniel, Joe Cocker.
Speaker 4: The original Wildcatter Soundgarden came in just three hundred votes.
Speaker 7: Shy of Joe Cocker. We're on Sound Garden fans they should activate.
Speaker 2: I thought Eagle listeners would be doing that.
Speaker 7: And then coming in at seventh, just ahead of the Black Crows and right behind Soundgarden our guy Chubby Checkers in the twist.
Speaker 2: Getting in there. That's a great bit getting out there and voting for Chevy Checker.
Speaker 5: So we'll find out who we fan vote on Sunday now.
Speaker 4: Had and put a record out in a thousand years. But the fans are ferving.
Speaker 2: Okay, uh Arianna is Maya is Arianna? Ariana?
Speaker 7: I don't want to clear this up because you know it's a It's Arion you Yeah, you jerk. Call our engineer Ivan. You guys call me Vonne.
Speaker 4: So that's his. His name is Evonne Dy and we're from Mexico.
Speaker 7: I understand that always called him Ivan, and he's always been My name is Ivan.
Speaker 4: Yeah, just like Dirk will answer to Nowitzki. Yeah, he's talking to a hillbilly, so he hill billy? Is it up for you, Kevin? With us, he's like, it's yea. And with you, he goes, just call me Ivan.
Speaker 2: It's okay.
Speaker 5: So your NFL of my audio up here?
Speaker 7: Arianna? Yes, so arian or Ariana it's Arianna. I told you like like that's air because yeah. And by the way, my name Hefry.
Speaker 2: No, it's a skin yep.
Speaker 7: Your NFL draft concert headliner. They're in Green Bay, by the way, like a million people in Green Bay. It's a town that's not ready for that sort of infrastructure.
Speaker 5: So I think there's gonna be some problems.
Speaker 4: People standing out in the field with nowhere to go.
Speaker 7: Your NFL Draft concert headliner. Tell me if you know him from his hit song?
Speaker 2: Wait? Is that the dude who made the NBA song john.
Speaker 5: Sper guy?
Speaker 2: Wait? That's his song? Though?
Speaker 7: No, no, but he's gonna play it to appease the cry is gonna play it a bunch over the weekend.
Speaker 2: Okay, it's a guy that has this song.
Speaker 7: And I think this song, I think is about having sex with the fish. So you guys tell me if I'm wrong. I thought we were gonna get some lyrics, but god.
Speaker 2: What hellover? I love the fish this leg. This is somebody whose last name is Atkins.
Speaker 10: Today she met me at the door, said I would.
Speaker 2: Have to choose.
Speaker 11: If I hit dad fishing hole today, she'd be.
Speaker 2: Bagging all her things and she be gone bine. Okay, so all the us stop and break this down for a minute.
Speaker 7: So if he hits the fishing hole today, yep, that's cold because he said he loves everybody also loves the fish, right, and he said the fish not to fish.
Speaker 5: I love her, but I love the fish.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: He said, I'd rather go fishing than spend time with my wife. And I think we can all relate to that in fairness. So what is there really to do with your wife before noon?
Speaker 2: I mean, it's home or not.
Speaker 4: The quiet of just being out on the lake and just not having anyone nagging or auditing or managing you is beautiful. Yeah, but you can just see her in another boat like doing circles around him, nagging him, multi fishing, he's serving the waters.
Speaker 2: What if that was an offer a service where.
Speaker 4: To strengthen marriages When you get your away time, whether it's goll for fishing, We're gonna bring your wife out and have her circle you and complain.
Speaker 2: A boy from home. Okay, here we go.
Speaker 5: Maybe the course will clear up if he's having sex with this fish or not.
Speaker 2: Live, I'm going to miss her. Hell yeah, dude, he chose fishing riding.
Speaker 10: Now this leg shore.
Speaker 2: He's not even on a boat, not high rolling. It's just like, hey man, the common man, what a beating man?
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 4: That's the point in the video where they cut to the billy big mouth bass on the wall and they turn and start singing that to the camera.
Speaker 2: In the video's great.
Speaker 11: When out through that door, I've gotta bite.
Speaker 2: What's he's got a bite?
Speaker 7: I'm just imagining a fish.
Speaker 5: That's what I'm thinking that song is about.
Speaker 2: It's interesting.
Speaker 7: It's an interesting he's done with his wife because he enjoys having sex with these fish.
Speaker 2: What's his name? Oh yeah, he's a big star, right, you.
Speaker 7: Know, hold on, you know he's in the nationwide commercials of Peyton Manning.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's a big deal. I think in country I know that name.
Speaker 5: You know, he's like a He's like this generation's Vince Gil.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna I'm gonna fish reference to I'm gonna change my name to Urban Paisley and be a be a country star. What's his most famous song, Brad Paisley. I think it's the one where he's having sex with those fish. I think it's uh, it's that mud on the tires too. Oh man, my hat I think it's my hat is my Heart. No, it's not My hat is my heart.
Speaker 7: That was a giveaway that we did many years ago, though, God, what a reference from seven years ago.
Speaker 2: That was a great songs.
Speaker 4: He's got songs like Raspberry Whiskey Lullaby, Whiskey Lullaby. It's two hundred ninety six million streams. Mud on the tires, Mud on the tires is real. This bitch won't shut up. She's everything. This fish is my one song is She's everything. The next song is I'm leaving her to go fishing.
Speaker 2: That's it. Oh what about that's a dog right there?
Speaker 10: Oh?
Speaker 2: What about? What about this song where he identifies dogs? We danced. It's called we Dance. We went there and we danced? All right? What Mike?
Speaker 4: A song about looking back at everything? He goes, What am I gonna call it?
Speaker 2: Call it?
Speaker 4: Then?
Speaker 2: I got another song called ate something last night? Wait, hold on not eating you. I caught supper.
Speaker 4: Around there at the gas station. That's another one around there. It's just it's just the most banal observational stuff. This road state, this road standrty.
Speaker 2: But everything's got some deep meaning.
Speaker 5: Not everything is you know.
Speaker 2: The sky Each other and not everything. Is that what you mean? Metaphor? Boy? Just say what you see? What do you mean? Metaphor? I met her so I could have sex with her. That's what I'm met her for. All right?
Speaker 4: Coming up next, let's turn our attention back to the Dallas Cowboy in less than four minutes. All right, all right, all right, it's the Ben and Skin Show ninety seven point one the Eagle. Thank you for hanging out with us today. Coming up at the top of the hour, we have a news quickie about the fate of nicknames. But here with the little draft talk is our guy Tizzle.
Speaker 7: It's a sort of draft talk, and here's what's going going on here. Yesterday they had their pre draft press conference. Jerry Steven, Will McLay, Brian Schottenheimer, You'll will know him soon as Shoddy. Meanwhile, my buddy's over there at the Athletic in the One Star Cowboys podcast, sad Yusef and John Michowda tweet during the press conference. Just saw Stefan Gilmour walking through the facility.
Speaker 2: Let's go.
Speaker 7: Stefan Gilmour, former Cowboys cornerback who went to Minnesota last year. For years, Cowboys didn't resign him. He's basically one year deal guy at this point because he's old, but he's there.
Speaker 2: Did he have a good year last year? Do you know? He was fine? Okay, he's not who he used to be, clearly, but that's all they need. He was with us.
Speaker 4: They need serviceable bodies. Yeah, keep your head above water. They're gonna miss Jordan Lewis. Dude, they're gonna he made He made them look good like he was. He was an elite slot corner, played the run. Well, they're gonna miss him.
Speaker 7: They're gonna miss him, And I get why they didn't want to pay him that much too, because he's had big injuries and he's thirty.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if you can.
Speaker 5: Do something like that to get you, it's it'd be him.
Speaker 7: Darn Blaine. You probably add someone in the draft. Then you can keep your head above water until Trevon Diggs gets back and then you feel good.
Speaker 2: I don't feel good about him at all.
Speaker 6: Ever.
Speaker 4: I think we might have a Pup Smith situation here. It's not great where we gave a good young player a big contract and then he had an injury and was never the same. Maybe they need a corner bad in fact, dude, they need to trade back, they need to get more picks.
Speaker 7: Well, this is where you know, if they're doing the stuff on Gilmore thing, I don't know what, it makes.
Speaker 2: It good to me, makes us to get a corner in round two.
Speaker 7: A little bit about running back situation is don't if you know they're not gonna do it in the first round, then round two. Don't think they would do it there either, even though they have some visits that kind of align with that. So maybe a round three then you go it picks seventy six into the great Abyss because after picks seventy six, you don't pick again until one nine. Those are the mingo trade kills you, the same way the trade lance trade killed you. Trades that really feel like Jerry led the charge on those. I don't know if it's true or not, but like it feels like that's the case.
Speaker 2: I like just saying anything that didn't work out was Jerry.
Speaker 5: Really, that's a really good thing to do. He's got enough money, it's not gonna hurt him. And we know it's no hair off his balls.
Speaker 2: He doesn't care. You know, they got that beautiful mother.
Speaker 7: They do have that beautiful mother. Jean so Sevilyn Gilmore is there though, if he signs. I was just looking in Dalvin Cook's tweeting about his brother James Cook, who's holding out from the Buffalo Bills. He's got like a Cowboys star as his avatar. They don't need Dalvin Cook. But I think Dalvin Cook just logged into social media and realized that he was with the Cowboys the last time he tweeted.
Speaker 2: It's very, very weird.
Speaker 7: So just because this is the deepest running back draft ever does not mean you have to get a running back. I don't like what they've done. Javonte Williams and Miles Sanders are not good. No, but you know, if.
Speaker 4: Uh you can like get a running back later, like day three, fifth round.
Speaker 7: Maybe I'm more worried about your right guard not being there. Your wide receiver too, not being there. Your cornerbacks, we need a little help there. Clearly, I think they're finite linebacker honestly. Oh yeah, it's a tackle.
Speaker 4: Has Zeke signed anywhere? Come on, man, I'm asking a football question. No, it's funny, football guy. Can you not answer the question? I can't answer it. It's no, he hasn't interesting our guy Taco. Charlton was suiting up for the UFL. I saw him playing This is he.
Speaker 2: Inn Arlington Renegade? I don't know, but he was.
Speaker 7: There was a video of him, you know, doing some stuff. Also, he was in a UFL jersey.
Speaker 2: Look did he come out to that Boomer.
Speaker 7: Jacks when we was punter Marquette King though, okay, the famous punters in sports.
Speaker 5: All that said, tomorrow you pick at twelve.
Speaker 7: I am way less certain today than I was yesterday, the day before that, last week, a month ago.
Speaker 4: What's gonna happens? Best realistic case scenario? Who do they get at twelve?
Speaker 2: For me?
Speaker 7: Yeah, Ted Rowe, McMillan, wide receiver, fantastic.
Speaker 4: There is Kevin k Stefan Gilmore maybe coming up next, Don't go anywhere?
Speaker 2: Coming up next, it's the news quickie.
Speaker 4: The future of nicknames is riding on this segment.
Speaker 2: Next.
Speaker 4: All right, we have a live remote broadcast coming up on Friday from Rollertown Beer Works in Solina, Texas. That's a brewer we're invested in. If you don't want to come watch our show from three to six, you can. We're going out there to kick off the Rollertown Sumo tournament. There's gonna be a big Sumo draft on Friday night. It's gonna be a fun event in itself. They're going to pull a truck, which is gonna be crazy. So Friday night at Rollertown's gonna be fun, followed by our that'll all follow our live broadcast from three to six, and then Saturday is the big Sumo tournament. So if you want to see our show live, come join us on Friday at Rollertown Beer Works in Salina. But right now it's time for this.
Speaker 2: Give me that news quickie. Who wants.
Speaker 5: Joe Hardy whether be on the lookout next cup?
Speaker 10: With that is everyone you know?
Speaker 7: Severe storm pattern? Hold up to some thunder this morning? Do you guys get that? Thunder and rain and lightning?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 2: Yes, we did sleep through it? Or what I did? Yeah? I didn't. I didn't wake up to any of it. Yeah, so loud? What time like six? You're insoff are you? Are you? H?
Speaker 4: Do you panic over hearing storms since you've had a giant tree ripped out of your yard?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 7: I don't panic, as I'm the one that doesn't worry about things in my household. But yeah, I'm just I like to for that to not ever come up, because she is the warrior about everything. She can't even drive ride in the car with me. I feel like, as you get more and more domesticated, you're kind of evolving into a handyman, kind of a badass around the house.
Speaker 2: Are you kind of the alpha of the house? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Damn okay, that's what I figured.
Speaker 7: I uh, I was thinking to wad electric and I know how to do stuff.
Speaker 2: That's not what I was going to say. I was going to say that that.
Speaker 4: Was a great skinning personation that sounded exactly like him. What I was going to say was you forgot it. Sounds like that your your your companion. There is a female?
Speaker 5: Is that a female thing?
Speaker 2: Just being a warrior? Really? Just like, oh my god, there's a dark cloud?
Speaker 5: Should we check in with the female on our crew today?
Speaker 2: Dude?
Speaker 4: You want Ariana Ariana with an air like Ai r Dash?
Speaker 7: Do you as a woman, and you're speaking for ald women believe that females worry about things too much.
Speaker 2: I don't think they're making the most of this opportunity. I would say, no, I think we just are a lot more emotionally intelligent.
Speaker 4: They there goes you like to be stereotyped.
Speaker 2: But the guys on this show just simple.
Speaker 4: Yes or no stereotype you guys, okay, exactly know Christina won't press charges or hr complaint.
Speaker 2: We don't know that about it.
Speaker 4: I'm pretty sure I have a moniscus tear just from walking my dog.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I mean it hurts so bad right now. I don't even know if you got a bad knee and a bad bay.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I've been over the other day to pick up a napkin, and it took me to my knees. It took me to my torn knees. You didn't know anyone was in there with you.
Speaker 7: You also just wandered off in the hall yesterday during the show. I didn't really walk down. He missed the whole second. He just walked up.
Speaker 2: I got the final two parts of the Today Game. Ryan are looking for his car. Jesus, what I happened?
Speaker 10: Here?
Speaker 4: A tough year now I'm a thousands.
Speaker 2: I need surgery. Yeah all, we have all aged so much in this last year. Really, since February. God, it's been tough. Yeah.
Speaker 7: Okay, So there's a story of the Wall Street Journal because the big Wall Street guy and I was checking this out, and it's a guy wrote this article, and his premise is.
Speaker 5: That nicknames are going extinct.
Speaker 7: He on his own has five kids between the age of six and eighteen, and he thought it was peculiar that none of them have been given nicknames by their friends, which I just assumed maybe your kids aren't that likable. But it's possible that that's just a thing that doesn't happen as much. So is it good old day syndrome that we have nicknames? Back in the day he used to, you know, make up a nickname for someone. Does it happen less now that y'all kids have experience with this?
Speaker 4: I think it comes up in group settings, and there's less and less group settings, Like if your kids are playing sports, I think there's gonna be nicknames.
Speaker 2: That's a good theory, dude.
Speaker 4: And if your kids are just in their room on their iPhone looking at TikTok, there's less actual human interaction. You know, nicknames really is it's like, oh, look, we got two guys named Jeff, You're you're Jay Money now. You know, it's like we're gonna call your last name, right, or if it's just like baseball teams like they always you know, they nicknames come out of a group of friends kicking each other in the nuts. And so if there's not big groups of people hanging out anymore, or if they are hanging out they're all staring down at their phone, there's fewer opportunities for them to kick each other in the nuts. But now that you say this my son's friend group, he'll say the names of the people. It's he just says all their first names, right, Like there's no our crew had skin and meat and be it. I mean it had fish. Everybody had a wild ass name. And so it's like I hear him, he's just saying the first names of all the kids he goes to school, and I'm like, yeah, I guess, I guess there are no nicknames.
Speaker 5: That's interesting. I've never really thought about that.
Speaker 2: Maybe they're dying. Did you ever have any names?
Speaker 7: Uh so yeah, I mean Cubby was my like as like young kid. And then everyone just started like it's like what a coach would start calling you like in junior high, and the kt was is that what.
Speaker 2: The coaches called you?
Speaker 4: What were what the coaches like the most about your athleticism?
Speaker 2: I think what it was is how limber? Yeah? Oh oh man, that got dark? Are they? Did they ever get caught hot doing what coaching? You stretched before? Like every team pray you don't don't get defensive. You're talking about hot coaching. Hey man, it's okay, we're with you.
Speaker 7: The other thing that this author and I said, author, he's got a clench fist as he wrote this story.
Speaker 2: Uh, he was kind of.
Speaker 7: It could be just the day and age of everything's got to be PC now. Nicknames could come across as offensive sometimes a little pumper. Yeah, So I don't know, I don't really think that's it.
Speaker 2: I think you guys nailed it.
Speaker 7: It's the group Ben's theory here is that group activities dynamics?
Speaker 2: Now we know. Yeah, did you guys have nicknames growing up?
Speaker 4: I mean I went by Benji, so that was kind of the same thing. Scubby, right absolutely? And then skinned?
Speaker 2: Were you always skin? What did that start?
Speaker 4: Everybody called me by my last name until everybody started calling me skin by the time I was probably seventeen. Yeah, that's to be called Wade because he's like another Everybody called me Wade and uh and also a lot of the coaches I had actually had a decent number of them had played for my dad right when my dad was a coach.
Speaker 2: So it's just wade. You know. It was just a lot of that for years I was old. Oh what was it? For years I was called horse dung? Why? I don't know by the coach. I don't know, because I think, uh.
Speaker 4: Hey, horse dum, get out here and give me twenty man. Come on the coaches, how you doing bush ups with no arms?
Speaker 7: That's the part of the nickname. If it's like two syllables, still you sn't be quick, right.
Speaker 2: Hey, horse dong, get over here.
Speaker 9: Horse.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I think it had to do with you share what horse dung? He his head. Come to think of it, I think it was horse dung. Even stranger who says dung? Who says dung? Socially? Yeah, people in brad Baisley songs.
Speaker 4: Look, this is the worst show on the radio, and if you're listening to it, that says a lot about you.
Speaker 2: You need to get a grip.
Speaker 9: Man.
Speaker 4: Coming up next in less than four minutes, we go around the sports.
Speaker 2: Next week, it's The.
Speaker 4: Ben and Skin Show ninety seven point one The Eagle. Now this segment right here is brought to you by our good friends at Hurtado Barbecue. That's the delicious MEXQ style barbecue started by the Hurtado family Brandon Hurtado. It was started out in the eight one seven. They now have three locations out there as well as two locations inside Globe Life and the newest location at the Dallas Farmers Market. You gotta try the brisket toastatas I think that's their signature dish. To have incredible sides too, like the lote is so very good, and I know the Dallas Farmers Market has some sides that are specific just to that location, so that means you should go to every single one of them. Make sure when you're going to tell them the Ben and Skin Show Censa that you heard about it on ninety seven point one The Eagle shout out to Hurtado Barbecue.
Speaker 2: But right now it's time for this.
Speaker 3: Now it's cool around sports KG tweets as all the sports.
Speaker 7: Ye all right, get your guessing pants on ie. Top fifty highest paid athletes of all time and I have adjusted this with inflation adjusted earnings. Top fifty of all time. If you get a point, you will get that many points you want to have the lowest number of points.
Speaker 4: Okay, So for instance, like you took Muhammad Ali's career earnings and like said, if it was based on modern money.
Speaker 2: Yep, are you guessing Muhammad Ali? No, I will like skin guests first.
Speaker 4: Okay, So this is including endorsements and them is business and everything. I would like to guess first, he's taken back the keys to the car.
Speaker 2: Michael Jordan.
Speaker 7: Michael Jordan's correct one point for Ben right there four point one five billion dollars.
Speaker 5: None did three billion, so pretty good stuff.
Speaker 2: What is the number one?
Speaker 5: He's number one, so one point number number two?
Speaker 4: Well, then I'll go down some How about you want to get number two?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 5: Oh oh, because you want the fewest amount of points.
Speaker 2: Oh gotcha? Oh what do you good?
Speaker 4: If they're not on the list, let's just go to break probably okay. Number two is tiger Woods.
Speaker 5: Tiger Woods. That is correct.
Speaker 2: Two point seventy nine billion, so over a billion dollars less than MJ. Isn't that crazy? Yes? Two for skin you.
Speaker 4: Want to have the lowest number. Ben as one show Hey o Tani, oh Tani not on the list. I will now go one hundred points for Ben, I will now go with Lebron James.
Speaker 7: Lebron, Lebron James, number four on the list, right there, one point eight eight Bill.
Speaker 2: So four six for Skin.
Speaker 4: All right, I'll go with Steph Curry. Steph Curry number twenty nine and fifty million. Uh so twenty for Ben.
Speaker 2: Then good Joe. So this is where the list is going to really be put to test.
Speaker 4: Story gets tough, right, Well, no, I mean I know a guy that I'm wondering if they included him. He died recently and he almost became a billionaire, but he did it with franchising McDonald's. Is Junior Bridgeman on the list? Bridgeman, I'm not joking. He's one of the richest people in the history of the NBA. See the list, is heyquawed?
Speaker 2: Right? Hey?
Speaker 4: Look up his net worth when he died. Give me Tom Brady.
Speaker 2: That's good, that's real good.
Speaker 7: Ben, Tom Tomas Brady eight hundred and twenty million, number twenty one.
Speaker 2: Is this just American athletes?
Speaker 4: You said, Bridgeman's, I gotta ad one hundred points to you. No, it's everyone. Okay, Then I'll take David Beckham.
Speaker 5: Dived back number eight. Okay, number eight.
Speaker 7: He had a one point six Bill, Ronaldo Rinaldo number three, two point two to three Bill.
Speaker 2: That's great.
Speaker 4: I'll just go ahead and say messy, messy number five. So this is where it gets good. Okay, here's your here's your top eleven.
Speaker 7: Phil Mickelson, number eleven, went to lift, got it paid, number ten, Floyd Mayweather nine, Roger Federer eight, David Beckham seven, Jack Nicholas six, Arnold Palmer So singular golf guys who are solo acts five Messi, Laron Rinaldo. It's a lot of like golfers got on there too, Greg Norman's and.
Speaker 4: That who was number fifty on the list, Jesus Maybemelo Anthony. How much did he make? Five hundred and seventy million, Yeah, I'm guaranteeing you. Junior Bridgeman made more.
Speaker 7: Well, well, I'm seeing that he had some bad deals that he had done.
Speaker 2: He owned some fazzolis. Good, I'm not lying.
Speaker 5: He owned a bunch of Wendy's chilis and physics.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thank you Kevin for that.
Speaker 4: Coming up next, a little movie talk more information on the Weezer movie Don't Go Anywhere.
Speaker 2: That's coming.
Speaker 4: Your day, your way than the Today Game than I Love technology all on an afternoon hump Day edition of the beninz Gen Show. The guy who is going to go to the podium with the Cowboys picks in the second and third round of the NFL Draft is former Dallas Cowboy center Travis Frederick. Tonight, he is going to join us on our YouTube channel. We're going to do a little after Dark, which is it's going to start at eight o'clock on the Beninsgen YouTube channel and we're going to talk to Travis Frederick for an hour. It's me and Skin and Kat and Travis Frederick, all four of us, and maybe we can brainwash him into picking who we want to pick in the second round. Oh I mean, oh yeah, because he didn't have control over the first I mean, well, he's not picking up first.
Speaker 2: He could storm the podium.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and once he you know, when he goes to the podium with the Cowboys pick, if he gets there and chooses someone that we want instead of who they want, they won't let him do the next pick.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 4: Depends on uh, it depends on how much razzle dazzle happened.
Speaker 2: You know, you tug Jerry into really. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So it's Jerry's malleable, you know, is this the gosh?
Speaker 2: I feel like it's been a while since we've had him on the show.
Speaker 4: I don't even remember who he is and had played in a long time. Yeah, And so tonight we'll catch up with Travis Frederick, who once almost said he could drink fifty beers in a setting without feeling it. He didn't say that, but he almost said it. And we'll visit with Travis. So be sure to subscribe to our YouTube channel and tune in tonight at eight o'clock for an hour long visit with Travis Fredrick. It's gonna be awesome. But right now it's time for this uh huh, and I have it.
Speaker 2: I have it. A shift term the volume up.
Speaker 5: Here we go the.
Speaker 2: Stick, the Giant, Tickle, the boom. Two bits of movie news.
Speaker 7: One involves a movie that they've they've greenlit to start production on.
Speaker 4: I don't know who's the cast is gonna be. It is that they're gonna do a Toys r Us movie. Who's gonna be Jeoffrey the Giraffe.
Speaker 2: I don't know yet. This is straight kool aid.
Speaker 7: Man Night at the Museum meets Jumanji with the dash of Barbie.
Speaker 4: It's kool Aid. It is it is the kool Aid movie. I'm telling you, what are they gonna do with the kool Aid movie.
Speaker 2: On the Studio?
Speaker 4: Yeah, like is he gonna be? Is the kool Aid Man going to be a detective?
Speaker 2: Or what?
Speaker 7: You will find that each episode is its own story, so we're not really keeping things now. I could in the end put them all back back together. For instance, the episode watched last night, which is episode six again the Studio on Apple Plus the best TV show Going and IMO, it's Seth Rogan. He's got this hot doctor that he's dating and she's like, we're doing this charity gala and it's for pediatric cancer. So he's hanging out with all her doctor friends and they're kind of making fun of what he does and saying that his life doesn't mean anything because he's and he's like, no, I make art, and it's just that whole idea, like you're around a bunch of people who actually try to solve kids cancer and they deal with these heartbreaking stories all day. But he's just getting disrespected and his ego won't allow him to take it it's so good.
Speaker 2: Okay, episode two of that? I'm sorry quick? Yeah, well I did I say?
Speaker 5: He said it's a true story of like, oh, how he would feel.
Speaker 7: Sometimes in Hollywood we go with famous people because it's not always like movie people. There's famous doctors and all that, and they'll try to big time you because all you.
Speaker 2: Do is make movies.
Speaker 4: Is episode two, uh, the one where he goes to the shooting of a movie?
Speaker 2: Yep, And you think that's the worst one so far?
Speaker 4: No, No, I think the episode four is the worst, Okay, because yeah, I thought episode two was pretty good.
Speaker 2: Dude.
Speaker 4: It's like he's the head of the studio now and he goes to a film set and he's like, no.
Speaker 2: I won't be in the way. Everyone likes to.
Speaker 4: Interact with me, and they're like no, trying to keep him away, and so everything that ensues from there is just hilarious. And I think you'll really dig it. It's amazing to watch it at some point. I do think you'll like it. Yeah, you should watch it now so we can all talk about it. I'm more interested in watching Severance, but I will watch it.
Speaker 2: Oh that is so good.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, I hear you on that, but the studio is more right down the path of anyone who's in this business.
Speaker 2: We do every day. We didn't we make art.
Speaker 4: I want to go back and watch the Matt LeBlanc Show extras episode you have the episode episode Okay? Is extra just that show with Billy Bush.
Speaker 2: I think that's maybe extra. Sure.
Speaker 7: So Weezer's got a mockumentary in the works, and we've learned some details on it. It is a cross between Scott Pilgrim Versus The World, which is very good movie with Michael Sarah in spinal Tap and uh, weird the al Jakovic story, which I didn't see. This movie is going to star Johnny Knoxville, Eric Andre fantastic, fantastic.
Speaker 2: Ben Schwartz, Joho. Ben Schwartz is uh, why do I know this? He's hilarious.
Speaker 4: He was on Parks and rec He is in the Sonic the Hedghog movies.
Speaker 7: I know that's not gonna help you much. Ben Schwartz is funny, He's this is a prov comedy guy.
Speaker 4: Isn't what that what the force is in Spaceballs? Isn't it called the Schwartz?
Speaker 2: Yeah that's pretty good. Yeah, yeah, I know. Ben Schwartz.
Speaker 5: But also in this movie is Keanu Reeves.
Speaker 2: Let's go Keanu Reeves. You may remember, Oh, the guys from Weezer are going to be in the movie too themselves. That'd be weird if they weren't.
Speaker 7: But you guys might remember Counu Reeves is in a band called dog Star. Yeah, they in the last couple of years they did. So Keanu Reeves is going to be the villain in this movie and he is going to be the front man of Dog Star. So here's what happens. The Weezer situation is, in nineteen ninety two, Weezer played their first gig opening up for Keanu Reeves's band, dog Star.
Speaker 2: Is that real?
Speaker 7: That's a real story. Oh wow, it's actually happened. So in this movie, it's gonna be like Weezer versus dog Star and they're like rival band. Okay, when I'll have Keanu and it sounds pretty badass. Eric Andrey is actually a musician, so I think I could get while he got casted for this, I don't know about Johnny Knoxville. Johnny Knoxville, who is in episode six at the studio in which they have a movie that.
Speaker 2: They're making that he stars in.
Speaker 7: It's like it's like a zombie apocalypse, except it starts with diarrhea. They're trying to figure out how to market it. Katherine nons and sells chicken. Chargs like, how gonna market it's?
Speaker 2: Are you for sure gonna watch this?
Speaker 7: Uh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think so? Are for sure?
Speaker 4: I mean I can't. The future is unwritten because I'm just saying, can we talk about it? Because I could ask you about somebody I don't want to blow up for you. You're seriously gonna watch it? What are you gonna ask him? Well, I'm just saying, there's Uh. This is a perfect example of what the show is. Like.
Speaker 2: The boss, the head, the headhead of the whole.
Speaker 4: Studios, like, we're not even gonna give him the job unless he likes making movies like kool Aid and then go after the Barbie money, right, and so he wants to make films, but he's like okay, So he says he'll make the kool Aid movie to get the deal. And then he's like, how can I make the kool Aid movie fun? And so he meets Scorsese, right, and he's like, gonna Scorsese's whole thing is all he cares about is making a movie about what was this it the guys who killed themselves drinking the kool aid? Oh, Jim Jones, so unrelated. He's like, I want to make the Jim Jones story and he's like, well, I'll make the deal done and he's like this is great. Well, the only thing is you got to call the movie kool aid in. Scorsese's like okay. So then he goes back to the studio and they're like, no, we can't make this, like the head the top guy is gonna hate this. No, you got it, and so you make any money and so he goes so uh so. Then at the last minute he chickens out won't give his boss the Jim Jones story called kool Aid, and he gives them the stupid one, the kool aid picture dancing around, and he goes great, he goes, I love it.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 4: He goes, is it true that you bought score Sesse's film about Jim Jones, because we can't have that simultaneously. He goes, yes, he did you pay ten million four or whatever? He goes yes, he goes, but I did it to kill the movie and so so then he goes, genius, So you killed because we couldn't have a Jim Jones movie out when we have our kool Aid movie out. So he has to go to Scorsese and tell him that he killed the movie. And they're at a party and Scorsese cries because it was his last film he was gonna make, and then they get thrown out of the party.
Speaker 5: That's great, don't get into this one song.
Speaker 2: It's the end.
Speaker 7: It's like a big deal to him. And then once you get to episode three, he's got the same type of thing. He's got to deal with Ron Howard. Basically, it's like the most emotional like scene of his life in a movie. He's like, man, it made the movie two hours and forty minutest cut that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, dude, they were screening the Ron Howard movie and they're like, what a great ending, and then it went on for another forty five minutes.
Speaker 2: They're like, oh, this sucks.
Speaker 7: How we tell him it's so great? So what's stopping you from actively watching this show?
Speaker 4: So right now, every single night there's two NBA Playoff games on, and then tonight I'm doing a live stream with someone named Travis yep Live stream with Travis Shrudner tonight eight pm on the Ben and Skin YouTube channel. All right, coming up next, it's the Today Game, followed by I Love Technology. That's in less than four minutes. Don't go anywhere, just over three minutes away. All right, it's the Ben and Skin Show ninety seven point one, The e goal Man. There's a lot of I don't know anxiety and angst out there ow for self driving cars.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 4: Do we have a story for you coming up in the weekday Update at five fifteen.
Speaker 2: Do not miss that. Don't forget.
Speaker 4: Also, this Friday, we're gonna be doing our show from Rollertown Beer Works from three to six. Head on up to Salana and join us for that. It's our pre Sumo wrestling event. It's so much fun. We'd love to have you hang out in person with us doing the show this Friday, starting at three o'clock.
Speaker 2: But right now, it's time for this. It's time to play a Today Game. It's a game. It's Tonic Today. Let's go take it away, you jack wagons.
Speaker 4: It is time to play the Today Game for Today, Wednesday, April twenty third. We'll start with John Cena being forty eight oh here we go when.
Speaker 2: Yes, the Rock has been bad.
Speaker 8: He was going to Cody Rows trying to get Cody ROAs to come to his side, and John Cena was pretending to be on Cody Roads side. He goes in for a hug for Cody Rows, like yeah, I got you, man, and he sees the Rock. They look at each other, the Rock does a slice the throat thing and Johnsena punches him.
Speaker 5: And it was awesome.
Speaker 2: First tangles dope figure.
Speaker 5: It's a brand new johnson Action figure. Second dangle my list.
Speaker 1: Guess what.
Speaker 6: It's a really cute girl the really cute bust.
Speaker 4: What do you prefer, John Cena action figure or really cute girl with a really cute butt? If you had to pick between the two, it's tough call. Yeah, manin flip, clearly the action figure.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Uh have you guys ever played with the John Cen action figure? He's your new champion WrestleMania.
Speaker 2: Is that right?
Speaker 5: He's back got the crown again?
Speaker 4: What about how cracked up Christina was talking about that man?
Speaker 2: She was so juiced. You gotta let low voices is awesome.
Speaker 8: Thing, and Johnsona punches him and it was awesome.
Speaker 2: Speaking of awesome John Oliver's forty eight and begin.
Speaker 12: Tonight in Turkey, the country named after the fourth best sandwich and the third best burger. And we begin with Syria until twenty eleven. A pretty nice name for a baby girl. Begin in Afghanistan. It's the just the tip of international conflicts. We jumped in too fast, went in further than we originally intended, and now we're pulling out way more slowly than we said we would.
Speaker 2: That's amazing.
Speaker 4: Uh, guys, the great Roy Orbison would have been eighty nine.
Speaker 2: Roy Orbison had some shady stuff, right, Roy Orbison.
Speaker 7: All he did was just like, live a good life and give back to a lot of charities and stuff.
Speaker 4: You're telling me you can't find anything bad about Roy Orbison.
Speaker 2: Am I mistake?
Speaker 4: I don't have a lot of I don't have a lot of bad things I can say about that sweet man who went to U and t.
Speaker 2: Orbison ugly past. Yes, so search that see find a skeleton in his closet. You can't.
Speaker 7: Has a lot of family in the area that are big listeners.
Speaker 2: He's a beautiful man and uh, I must have been thinking somebody else.
Speaker 7: Just a passionate performer, really just cared about music and his fans, but no to make something up about him.
Speaker 4: Man, when we came back from breaking Ernie had to apologize to everybody. All Right, I was seeing to the goodness, gracious, great balls, fire guy Lewis, Yeah, I got a confused with Jerry Lee Lewis. And then also Teardown Turner had been on this rampage where it's like ten thousand celebrities in a row. You were like scared to even celebrate any of them. We're talking about him being great because every one of them had something horrific.
Speaker 5: What's founded some founded facts?
Speaker 4: Yeah, so all of a sudden he has nothing. He was the only guy from that era that didn't have a miss, the only guy.
Speaker 12: Uh.
Speaker 4: Troy Aikman was a number one pick on this day in nineteen eighty nine.
Speaker 2: Troy Aikman.
Speaker 1: Give it up for Troy Egkman.
Speaker 4: Everybody of the Dallas Cowboy.
Speaker 2: But he sounds like country kid. Could he be any less convicted about anything?
Speaker 5: Country Kip?
Speaker 4: Anyone could ever know that? That is exactly what he was Country Kip Man. But it just goes to let you know, it goes to show that no matter how great you are, everybody has a couple of missteps, you can always end up on a salad billboard.
Speaker 2: Guy's.
Speaker 4: The word hillbilly was first used in the newspaper on this day in nineteen hundred.
Speaker 2: What was that you, Ronnie? What do you mean? Does that mean? What was that? I farted?
Speaker 3: So?
Speaker 2: What deal with that? I'm a grown ass man. I'm gonna trap room.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 2: I don't be farting in the room with you. I just told you I hate armies. Now shut the I bot prime your nose on all fart. Can you believe that Anthony's in here farting? Damn it, Ronnie, that was a squeaker, man.
Speaker 6: Anthony, Let me tell you what's bush league? My aunt Linda? Biggest bush I've ever?
Speaker 2: I didn't kill it? Uh, Anthony is what what's the main?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 2: Hell?
Speaker 9: What keys to the game? A great game? Damn it, Ronnie?
Speaker 2: That was a squeaker lea man, Anthony.
Speaker 6: Let me tell you what's bush league, my aunt Linda? Oh yeah, the biggest bush I've ever?
Speaker 10: There.
Speaker 2: You took it one way.
Speaker 4: There's not a worst show on your radio dial and you're listening to this. It says so much about you. Coming up next, we love technology, and we'll prove it with the news next on the Eagle. All right, we do have an event happening tonight at eight o'clock on the benin Skin YouTube channel. We're going to sit down with Travis fing Frederick the former Cowboy Center. He's going to be walking to the podium for the Cowboys with their second third round picks this year. He's going to join me Skin and KT on our YouTube channel. It's YouTube dot com slash Ben and Skin b N A N D s K I N be sure to subscribe. But tonight we're gonna kick it with Travis, just an hour long conversation from eight to nine pm.
Speaker 2: We certainly hope you'll join us.
Speaker 4: This segment brought you by Andrews American Pizza Kitchen, located in Plano, Texas Preston and Plano Parkway. Only one location of Andrews American Pizza Kitchen in DFW, but it's so good. It was named best pizzeria and DFW by readers of the Dallas Morning News.
Speaker 2: So what are you doing if you haven't tried that yet?
Speaker 4: You're missing out on what DMN readers say is the best in all of DFW. What are you waiting for Andrews American Pizza Kitchen? But right now, stop for this.
Speaker 2: Yes, we love technology. We love technology.
Speaker 5: Thank you Travis for voicing open for us.
Speaker 4: All right, So, WFAA has an article out where they asked chat gpt to name the mount Rushmore of DFW stuff.
Speaker 7: Yesterday we did athletes. Today, we'll do actors and actresses. Tomorrow we'll do musicians. I would like to start out with your guesses. Who do you think greatest actors of all time? DFW W dip W mount Rushmore of actors? What did chat dp GPT say?
Speaker 2: For sure? Of the Wilson brothers, they're on there.
Speaker 4: I'll give you one, or even though the ones from here owen, No, no, I'm saying outside of them. Oh I know, Uh Felicity. Uh Carrie Russell, who was on Felicity is from here?
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, okay, car from the Americans.
Speaker 4: Yeah, what's his name? Went to Burtner Jensen? Oh yeah, Jenson Ackles Burner Ram he owns a brewery near Austin. Chase Crawford, Oh yeah, dude, Chase Crawford's got to be on there.
Speaker 2: Please, the fake Aquaman.
Speaker 7: Yeah, the Deep from the Boys. Yeah, hit some Brad Paisley stuff going on.
Speaker 4: Yeah, more people think of him as a singer. But meat Loaf, fight Club, huge jugs.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna get to tell you what you got so far.
Speaker 4: You got Owen Wilson, Okay, So none of those others are on there, Okay.
Speaker 7: And I'm gonna tell you I got some that I did not agree with what chat GPT said about.
Speaker 2: Do you have more Morgan Fairchild? Oh my god, yeah, not on the list. Okay. Oh Peter Weller helped me out.
Speaker 4: Help Yeah? Uh no, Okay. Who's the guy that was in with Paul Giamadi. He was in that wine movie where they for their bachelor party they went to wine Country.
Speaker 2: Thomas something or other. I don't know.
Speaker 4: All right, I'm googling greatest actors in DFW. I'm seeing some pop up that I didn't like. They listened Matthew mcconaey from here some long View, Jamie Fox. That's not he's from He's from Terrell, Jamie Terrell.
Speaker 2: Count Yes on the list. I think Carroll Counts.
Speaker 4: Was seen at an Albernese on Easter Sunday for brunch.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 4: I really, dude, you knew who I saw taking a picture. Remember thunder Guy. Oh yeah, thunders just said on the front row he was like, hey, we bumped into Jamie Fox out of eating dinner Eastern Dinner, the same spot as us, and it took with him.
Speaker 2: I'm like, do you think he wanted that?
Speaker 4: Let me ask you this. I'm just out of curiosity. When where did you bump into thunder Guy?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 2: I saw it on Facebook?
Speaker 4: Oh okay, because I was like, imagine bumping into someone you hadn't seen in years, and within four seconds of bumping into them, they tell you that they saw Jamie FOXX on and all the pictures with him they list Jesse Plemmons. Here is he from df W. He I want to say, is is?
Speaker 2: I think he?
Speaker 7: And you know what he was in Breaking Man. That's that's enough for me. Yeah, born in Dallas.
Speaker 2: He's a great actor. He really is. God, He's good, is what he? Harrelson from here? No, whatdy?
Speaker 4: Harrelson is from all around, But I don't think it's technically from here.
Speaker 7: Clemons was raised a little east of Waco, So I think we're gonna have to say that doesn't count.
Speaker 2: That doesn't count.
Speaker 4: Tommy Lee Jones, I didn't think he was from the Dallas area. I thought he was a Texan, but I didn't think it was the Dallas area. Tommy Lee Jones, I'm saying San Sabas where he was born.
Speaker 7: I don't know where he grew up, Dude, he was raised in Midlands, so that doesn't count.
Speaker 4: Patrick Swayze, listen here, dude, if I would be bragging about that every day of my existence if that was true.
Speaker 7: So they have Owen Wilson and Jamie Fox, the two that they had on chat gptwo uh huh, Robin Wright, Oh yeah, ok, yeah, and Sawna Gomez.
Speaker 2: Oh of course.
Speaker 4: Now yeah, Now I think of her as just a pop star, but yeah, she's clearly an actress. You know who else I forgot that could have been in contention is Angie Harmon?
Speaker 7: Okay, but not hasn't been enough crap to like that you would care about you? She well, I don't watch a lot of Seahorn. Yeah no, no, no, I don't watch TV dramas. But she was on one of those cop shows for like a decade. I just don't watch those shows.
Speaker 4: You were right to bring up Morgan Fairchild to pride enjoy of Lake Islands. That's right, one of the hottest senior cougars.
Speaker 2: Of all time?
Speaker 4: Did her mom ever substitute teacher for y'all Apollo? What her mom would substitute teacher for us? At Richardson Junior High Smoke Show? Now, why do you say substitute teacher in such a substitute teacher? Yeah, that's that's fair. I don't know she would substitute teacher for us? Yeah, probably, Well I wouldn't true. Yeah, I did make it a verb, but yeah, I don't know. Here was she hot though, Well you just say yes if you don't know. She was certainly a lady out there. Dude, when you're listen, think about this. When I was in junior High, I was at fourteen years old, and at that point Morgan Fairchild was probably in her mid forties. You think I was into some lady in her late sixties that was substitute teaching.
Speaker 2: That's fair, Yeah, it's fair.
Speaker 4: I have two glaring omissions that I would have in there, all right, the late Great Incredible eight one seven represent Oh yes, Bill f and packs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, where's Bill Paxson face on the mountain? Yeaheah, for sure.
Speaker 4: Sorry, Selena Gomez and Bob Maplethorpe.
Speaker 2: Not quite on Bob Maplethorpe, I will give you one. Oh what about you guys? Are are are not going to like this? Mike Judge.
Speaker 4: The actor, Beavis and butt Head voice actor. Yeah, gotta give him and that. But and of course he had that really short scene in extract who's the manager in office space?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Wanted more flair. Yes, that was a brilliant performance.
Speaker 7: That was great thinking about it, like to give you Barney the Purple Dinosaur.
Speaker 4: He's a dragon as an actor, he's not a dragons. Anyone can play it. There's like eleven people that played it, dude all lest and then he started teaching tantric sex classes. If we're gonna include that guy, then let's include Peter Peter Mayhew who played Chewbacca.
Speaker 2: Oh in your face, Kevin.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think Barney is probably more popular than Chewbacca.
Speaker 2: So do you put Chewbacca up there? That's the question. Wow, GPT, who's more popular Barney or I'm gonna ask right now. I've got I think you're going down. I think you're going down road. You don't want to go down. You'll see you. I'll get ride.
Speaker 4: I'll show your ass who is more famous, Comma Chewbacca or Barney question Mark. That's great because chat gpt is gonna think he's a Chewbacca is likely clarify.
Speaker 2: What you mean by more famous? All right?
Speaker 4: What more popular? Who is more well know? Is more popular or well known?
Speaker 2: Bitch? They're saying Chewbacca? Yeah dog on my AI overview.
Speaker 4: I told you you didn't want to come running down this space station hallway.
Speaker 2: This is interesting. A couple of these chat GPTs.
Speaker 4: You put the stuff in and it's like, uh, I'm gonna go look into it.
Speaker 2: I'll let you know what I find. What the point I want it now? Immediately like, look, it's just spinning right now. It's not a good computer. What are you doing? Got low processes my heart Wi Fi keeping us from getting the answers?
Speaker 7: Well, for sure, get Bill Paxton and there tomorrow we will do musicians, do FW musicians.
Speaker 4: I'm excited about all right? All right, coming up next in the weekly weekday Update. This is in less than four minutes. You don't want to miss this. Just over three minutes. A Texas lady gets stuck in an auto driving car.
Speaker 2: We've got the details next. Ah.
Speaker 4: Yes, it is the Ben and Skin Show ninety seven point one The Eagle.
Speaker 5: Thank you for hanging out with us today.
Speaker 4: Man, I'm really looking forward to the results of this anonymous players poll we're going to talk about in the Big Finish in which NBA players their names are not attributed to it, but they sounded off on the Luca trade. There's some pretty amazing stuff on that and we'll we'll get to it coming up shortly, but right now it's time for this.
Speaker 9: And now it's time for bain Weet Day of Day featuring veteran news anchor kt Fu Tweets.
Speaker 2: Here are the important.
Speaker 6: Stories he's currently tracking from around the world.
Speaker 7: Yeah, so we told you a little bit earlier. Christina is off most of this week. We'll be back on Friday. Arianna's doing a great job filling in for her. But Christina was sending us pictures yesterday and videos from her and her boyfriend Mike inside a self driving car, which is very interesting. When I saw this story today, this woman in Austin says she got trapped. Her and her friends got trapped inside a malfunctioning WAYMO car, which is a you know, it's the company the driver Le's car, so the company is pushing back against her story. Her name's Becky Navarro. She posted this TikTok video got a ton of views, and that's why this story is taken off. She says that the Waimo continued driving past their destination, started going in the wrong direction towards downtown, and then it stopped under a highway bridge in a horrible spot. And she says the car wouldn't move and the group couldn't get out for five minutes. Meanwhile, the traffic's driving past them, people are honking. Finally they get hold of customer support and they won't unlock the doors, and she threatens them like I'm about to go live on TikTok. And this is on the TikTok video. I didn't pullox. Her voice is very annoying. And in a lane they're on this. Yeah, they're on the plane and it looks like almost like an access road is kind of what it looked like to me. Austin's weirdest, kind of in the out of the city part of Austin, you know. So they're talking to customer support, She's like, I'm gonna go live on TikTok. If you don't let us out of the car. Right now, he's kind of doing that routine. Finally, they do unlock the car, the car.
Speaker 2: Why would they not let them out of the car. Well, this is where way Mo jumped in.
Speaker 7: There's spokesperson's like, look, riders can stop the car whenever they want and the doors open by pulling twice on the handle. And they said they could have got out if they've just followed the instructions of how to get out of the car.
Speaker 2: Look, we do not locked them in the car.
Speaker 4: These girls who had been drinking, These ladies, these ladies who had been drinking, we're not following the instructions of how to get out of the car.
Speaker 2: Now, it's an easy thing.
Speaker 7: For Waimo to say, and we don't really have that on the footage, but the instructions are twice and you could get out, and they're like.
Speaker 2: We're locked in.
Speaker 5: We were locked in for five minutes, so they're freaking out.
Speaker 4: He kind of don't in this day and age, like the second anything happens, you just pull out your phone and start filming it. I don't understand how there's three or four people in here and nobody filmed what was happening.
Speaker 7: Well, they did, you know, film the talking to customer support and then walking away from the car and the car just being stuck on the road.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's kind of funny right now.
Speaker 5: There's been a few of these that has been reported.
Speaker 7: There was a managed trip to the airport got delayed when the Waimo he was in started driving in circles around the parking lot.
Speaker 2: Uh in April, Awaimo. It is April.
Speaker 7: Earlier this month, a Weaimo car got stuck at a Chick fil A drive through in California.
Speaker 2: Dude, they probably freaked out. They don't let anything slow.
Speaker 4: Down to media here, there's so many nuggets we've got to serve.
Speaker 2: I don't want to get into a driverlest car yet. I ain't ready. I'm not out there. Christina, just that footage she was sending was terrifying to me. It was very shocking. But we'll see. This is the new future, It's true.
Speaker 4: All right, good stuff, Kat coming up next, h let's go around the wildlife.
Speaker 2: There's a raccoon attack. We've got the audio to prove it. That's next. Oh yes, it's the world famous Ben and Skin show.
Speaker 4: Thank you for rolling with us Coming up next, an anonymous poll NBA players off the record with their comments on the Luca trade.
Speaker 2: But right now it's time for this.
Speaker 10: Welcome the wild life.
Speaker 2: Wild Life. Yeah, pretty good.
Speaker 7: There's a lady uh down in Uh. I don't know where that actually this is in Florida. And her name is Gail Hines. And how does she spell it? Before we did the story? Like to catch up? You know, well she you could spell like Hines warn due.
Speaker 4: Cheryl Hines spells it h I N E S could be h I N d s Yes, quarter high.
Speaker 7: Before we get to the story. I guess let's get this out of the way, all right.
Speaker 2: What's the matchup?
Speaker 4: Honey number thirteen? Ketchup number twenty. Honey, give me, honey, honey, yes, give me honey. We've already got a ketchup representation in this thing. It's the wrong it's the wrong ketchup.
Speaker 2: What ketchup do you want it to be? Heins so seductively. Was that Christina's a big laugh? I enjoyed that.
Speaker 7: So yeah, I sound, I said, Heines like a sassy little gay country boy.
Speaker 2: But it's okay. You are what you are, A player.
Speaker 7: Raccoon attack situation, and let's go to the Florida News.
Speaker 13: A Florida woman recovering from an animal attack that happened in her own backyard.
Speaker 2: It happened in Palm Beach garden. She says she felt a.
Speaker 13: Bite on her leg as soon as she opened the door. Gil Hines of Palm Beach recovering after falling victim to a wild animal attack.
Speaker 10: And I step out like this, and all of a sudden, I feel something on my leg and biting me. And I look and it's this huge raccoon. And I screamed, of course, and shook him off, and he ran off to the corner.
Speaker 13: She says, she ran inside and dowsed her leg in peroxide. When her husband got home, they rushed to the er.
Speaker 7: Okay, so let's stop it right there. So what could happen here? Just kind of change the story, you know, they could take it somewhere else. You got bit by raccoon, you run in, you put proxy that seems like husband's there, gets you to the er.
Speaker 4: Work good, got peroxide with him? Yeah, what are you saying? What could take this in another direction?
Speaker 2: Any guesses? Did the raccoon have some of the lady's jewelry with.
Speaker 5: What happened to the raccoon? Right, Okay, did you take her belongings?
Speaker 2: Yeah, he says, no mouth aids.
Speaker 7: Okay, okay, rabies or mouth aides. Okay, interesting, right, that's okay.
Speaker 13: Her daughter then came to the house to wait for animal control.
Speaker 7: Okay, so the daughter's now at the house. Animal controls that come check out the scene. Get the raccoon with the rabies, of the mouth aids or the jewelry.
Speaker 10: The raccoon had come out and come to the pool to get some water and then wandered to the end of the courtyard and spit up blood and keeled over and died.
Speaker 4: Oh, hold on, the ladies, the ladies. The lady had something in her that killed the raccoon.
Speaker 2: That's amazing. She had mouth aids.
Speaker 5: Okay, her leg I'm watching this this morning.
Speaker 7: I'm like, okay, so she got it by raccoon, Like it is a crazy story, but that's not good enough to make it to the show.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And then I was like, wait, the raccoon.
Speaker 7: Is like cause the pool gets a little drink and then stumbles over and then goes, oh it's out.
Speaker 2: Blood and then keels over. Zombie raccoon.
Speaker 13: Out of caution, Gil opted to get vaccinated for rabies just to be safe, while the raccoon was sent to the lab to test for it. It was definitely more unusual, just because the animal died on its own right after the exposure.
Speaker 2: She says.
Speaker 13: The results came back negative for rabies. Gail has since learned that it may have ingested rat poison.
Speaker 4: Okay, so she learned from who who told other local raccoons. So they think they think the record had rat poison, but we don't know. They're like, look, we're not trying to start a war. This guy eat some rat poison. We're good, We're not going to attack you. They're all sitting there at the negotiating table.
Speaker 2: You see them on the next door app Like, the doctor's already talking. They've already taken the body in. He's tested negative for rabies. Yeah, So I don't know. I thought it was weird that she knew.
Speaker 13: Gail has since learned that it may have ingested rat poison. If that's not the case, she jokes that maybe she's the problem.
Speaker 10: All of my friends we're saying, oh my god, one bite of Gail and he's dead.
Speaker 2: Well, experts with the reminder away, does she get bluntsied by that edit? You don't know they're gonna throw out of that cold commet.
Speaker 10: Just check out, Oh my god, one bite of Gail and he's dead.
Speaker 5: Experts.
Speaker 4: She was just like she almost said, are you guys following the strip player.
Speaker 10: We're saying, oh my god, one bite of Gail and he's dead.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well experts with a reminder to keep it.
Speaker 4: I haven't seen the story, but just based on the audio, Gail sounds like a smoke show.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and she's got a uh. I think she's got a trail of dead boyfriends too.
Speaker 2: What the reporter looks like? Huh?
Speaker 7: How she look She's fine, She's very like Fox News Blazer, Florida Fox News Blazer.
Speaker 2: That's a wasted question, blonde. What does that do for you either way? Yes or no? Just trying to pay Now we're going did she look over her shoulders? Look over there? Weird angle? All right? Coming up next in the Big.
Speaker 4: Finish, an anonymous NBA player poll players talking about the Luca trade off the record, This is juicy. We'll have this for you in less than four minutes. That's coming up here next week. It's the Benin Skin Show ninety seven point one the Eagle. Now, this segment right here is brought to you by Roller Town beer Works, which is the brewery met me and Benner Partner's in up there in Salina, and it's also going to be the home of the Ben and Skin Show. This Friday, from three to six, we have our big sumo wrestling weekend. It's gonna be massive. It's the biggest thing we do all year long by a million miles. And so to get you ready, we're doing the show from there on Friday from three to six. The sumo wrestlers will be in the house. There's gonna be a sumo truck poll immediately following the show, and then the draft and then all day Saturday is the event and it's there's nothing like it. If you've never seen actual sumo wrestling, it's not dudes in low up suits.
Speaker 2: It's not what this is.
Speaker 4: People have come to this from Australia and Japan to be a part of this tournament. It is legit sumo wrestling and it's amazing and it's free. Like you in this day and age where you're just looking for cool, fun family entertainment.
Speaker 2: This is absolutely free.
Speaker 4: All I gotta do is head on out to Solana and you'll be able to watch sumo wrestling on Saturday. Yeah, there'll be tons of food options and beer of course. And then we'd love it if you came both days and joined us for the show on Friday three to six. Been in skin in Solina at Rollertown Beer Works doing the show Friday. But right now it's time for this.
Speaker 2: Might need a drink for this one. Guys, Uh huh oh? Who what is that froma? Oh?
Speaker 4: That's when Will Smith comes up on stage right whoa.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there's Will Smith coming to slap you.
Speaker 2: Who. Guys. The Athletic does this thing. They do it all the time.
Speaker 7: It's a anonymous player poll and NBA players fill out of you know, questionnaire and uh there's a whole article aside from the Athletic NBA player's poll that is about just.
Speaker 4: The Luca trade. So again I miss this. The most famous NBA player poll is j R.
Speaker 2: Smith.
Speaker 7: I should say that is one of the biggest, but he calls it a pipe yep, wild Chamberlain's as a poll.
Speaker 2: We think we never saw footage though. That's the problem. With will I saw footage.
Speaker 7: I tweeted this morning and you can follow me and almost footage yards. If you want to not vomit today, then you know, don't read the Athletic Player Poll.
Speaker 2: Well aren't they going to vomit while you do this segment? It's gonna be tough here, guys? Oh no, when does it starts? Ready?
Speaker 5: Yep, I'm gonna start reading off a couple of them.
Speaker 4: They do.
Speaker 7: They had to have players who actually supported it. They get to that, Oh, here we go. One player said, I don't know if two K would have allowed that?
Speaker 2: Who whoa? Whoa?
Speaker 4: Who?
Speaker 2: Did you give us a percent?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 2: Is these are just quotes? These are quotes.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's a whole thing because players wrote long responses to this.
Speaker 4: Okay, so there's no there's no question that they answered. They just how you feel about the trade? Oh okay, what were you thinking at the trade? Like there's a few things regarding the trade, So it's not like at the normal poll where you have answers to a question that shows a piece that's different.
Speaker 7: You'll understand, gotcha. I don't even know if two K would have allowed that trade. Another guy shocked, I was on the court. A fan told me at half court, it's one of those moments you won't forget, like when Michael Jackson died or nine to eleven happened. Those moments you know is going to be forever ingrained. Which, yeah, remember where we were. I was watching Academy Award winning movie Anora.
Speaker 4: I was watching an entire TV series on sun Dance, and my phone was blowing up.
Speaker 2: I was playing Fortnite with MAVs Jim. MAVs Jim probably didn't take it.
Speaker 9: Well.
Speaker 2: I bet he did not.
Speaker 7: When the player said, I told my girl turn on ESPN and I was locked in the rest of the night. That was at like twelve, It's like midnight. I didn't go to sleep till two thirty am. I was like, what the hell. I DM Shams and asked him Schams and and asked him, did you get hacked? One player said. I woke up it was three or four in the morning. I was like, is this real? That's insane. One player said, I thought the NBA was doing it for viewership. That's a popular take.
Speaker 4: Weirdly, okay, but but that's that's that's the biggest problem in the NBA has is its own players think that there's a conspira.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's that's probably a problem there. That's a problem.
Speaker 4: It is crazy that a player in the league who really knows how things work can't fathom how anyone really thought this was a fair trade and would do it just on based on the principle of the values in boldon.
Speaker 7: You're going to see some players who were kind of offended that this trade happened. This player says, when I'm not with my team, I'm a Mavericks fan. I didn't know how to process it. That's crazy. With my team, I'm a mass fan. That's clearly Cad Cunningham. I think it was a ballsy decision. He wrote, It's like a once in a blue moon type of thing. I don't think something like that's ever gonna happen again. It's got star players on edge, which probably not no. Anthony Edwards said that right after the trade.
Speaker 2: On Cappin to me too. Yeah, yeah, if you're trading that guy, any of us can get traded. Right.
Speaker 7: Here's some fast one liners. Probably the worst decision in modern basketball history. Terrible, psychotic. It didn't make sense. I don't know how you make it make sense. Blasphemy, bad trade, keep him generational player, dumbest idea ever, the worst ever, not smart, one of the worst basketball decisions I've ever seen. I don't like it. I thought it was a bad trade. I think it was the craziest trade in basketball history. I did not think that was a very smart decision, very shocking. I thought it was crazy. I thought it was dumb. I wouldn't have done it. Shocking, surprising, Still didn't understand it, Still shocked. Bad for MAVs business, bad work. Good for the Lakers, though, stupid. If Luca can get traded, everyone can get traded, so it's kind of messed up the way the NBA runs their league.
Speaker 2: I don't think they should have traded him.
Speaker 7: And this is just the short term right now. We'll see five years from now. But bro, you can't do that. No way, nobody's safe. It was ridiculous and eye opening and scary to the business side of the NBA. Dallas decision, stupid, Laker's decision. Great, this is just quick ones for a bunch of players. Yeah, not a single one thinks it's a good idea. Okay, now here's some people who were like, what about the return, Like what about what you got back?
Speaker 2: These are more longer answer. It's kind of good.
Speaker 7: Well, the player said, I was in disbelief because you're trading a guy like Luca and you get the entire kitchen sink back. I mean, obviously with Anthony Davis, let's not act like he's not a top seventy five player. But you would imagine there will be several first round picks attached to that, and there wasn't. So something's going on there, right, I do think something's going on there now now that I read this.
Speaker 2: There's nothing going on. It's just that I don't know.
Speaker 4: No, no, it's I don't even be around anymore.
Speaker 7: It's not good, terrible. I think Dallas went with the five year window instead of the ten year window.
Speaker 2: Man, I think five is five or like the two. It's very nice. I don't get it.
Speaker 7: I think he's the best player in the league for the next fifteen years. Maybe there was something behind the scenes we don't know about, but I didn't understand it.
Speaker 4: That was by the way, a lot of the and and you know, when this is the way the pundits work, when they see the way the wind is blown, like the way Steven a Smith is acting now is not the way he was acting in the first thirty six hours of the trade. He was saying things like, you know, Nico is used to Kobe and Luca is no you know, he was doing a lot of that trash, and now that he sees the way the world is sake, he's like, I.
Speaker 2: Can't believe that. You know, everyone's full of it and you know, like this is anonymous, Yeah, you don't know who they are.
Speaker 4: But what I was going to say was that that whole idea of the length of the window and all that kind of stuff, that was a lot of the guys that were like the older heads and the Steven A Smith and those types. They were kind of leaning in on that where it's like, yeah, you don't have a long window with Luca because he's not going to be healthy, and then they all change their tune seventy two.
Speaker 7: I Meanwhile, SNL's making jokes like he's gonna be dead in April.
Speaker 4: It's also it's it's also it will never be fair in terms of measuring the trajectories, because Luca will never be in better shape than he is now that he's gone through this and more pissed with a chip on her shoulder. No, I mean the trajectory of New Luca is not the same as I think that's fair. You know, you're it's the alternate universe. But look at Steve Nash. You know, the Mavericks doubted him, sure, and so he turned himself into a two time MVP, like he came back with a vengeance.
Speaker 7: Here's another one that I really liked. This one terrible decision. If he came in weighing five hundred pounds, so what he's still averaging?
Speaker 2: Damn? Here a thirty point triple double.
Speaker 4: I've seen a lot of that. Yeah, so it's dude, he's out of shape. He's giving you a thirty point triple double.
Speaker 7: Cares right, It's I never liked when people around town would bitch about that. I was like, just you know, we're just kind of it's fine, Yeah, it's fine, Okay. They didn't get a less injury prone player in Davis. I think it's bad because you didn't get someone who's going to be more active than what you had.
Speaker 2: They got an older, more injury prone player.
Speaker 7: Now this player did not hold back. Whoever it was, I think that s was idiotic. But I don't think it was a bad trade. I just think that the way they did it and everything about it was idiotic. I think them shopping to face the franchise for a lot of players who already feel like that it's a business, like quote the mother effers don't care about you. I think it sets an example like, all right, why should I f about this team if this is how they're gonna treat me. I came in here and I was all NBA like five times and an MVP candidate and don't even get told about none of this. I'm like, this organization doesn't give a f about me? Why I give f about any organization?
Speaker 2: Verbatim read that.
Speaker 4: I mean, I've always thought that for sure, that's how football players should think. And I don't have a problem with NBA players thinking that way. It sucks because, like with Dirk saw it another way, it was loyal. It was like a family owned business, like we're ride or die together. Yeah, this is very corporate cutthroat. You're looking at spreadsheets, you know. The irony of this is probably one of the only two or three teams left that's a family business as the Lakers.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Well, I told you, it wasn't gonna make you feel much better.
Speaker 2: No, it's pretty much how I felt since it happened.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you got any other Is there any one, any last one that you got to get in?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 7: This one says everyone talks about his defense all that, But I don't think you trade a generational mother f or like that. I feel like Jason kid's a smart coach. He could have found ways to hide him on defense or make him a helper. I feel like they could have went into the summer and had a grown man conversation. So you make Luca the one who ultimately makes decision for the front office if he don't want to play defense, all right, now it's time to trade him.
Speaker 2: We already talked about.
Speaker 7: It, so he could basically saying you should talk to him instead of doing it behind his back like that. But they had the reasons, did they? We don't know, Yeah, we don't know.
Speaker 4: All right, good stuff there, Kat, All right, So here's the deal. Tomorrow is the NFL Draft. We'll be talking lots of cowboys tomorrow and then on Friday we'll be out at Rollertown Beer Works. Thank you for everyone riding with us today. Coming up next, more music right here. On ninety seven point one The Eagle